Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patrick Mahomes’ Brother Responds To Anti-Gay ‘Hurtful’ Messages He Gets Online, Says He Reads Them All

February 13, 2020 Brandon Bombay Patrick Mahomes enjoyed a historic NFL playoff run that culminated with a Super Bowl win and being crowned the game’s MVP. Meanwhile, his brother, Jackson Mahomes, has been enjoying success on social media, but he recently revealed he gets inundated with “hurtful” messages. The younger Mahomes brother has been building his brand on social media and is known for not only posting photos with his NFL star brother but also for putting up dancing videos on TikTok. Mahomes is openly gay and has been the target for many hateful tweets and comments online. He has managed to amass over 115,000 followers on Instagram where he often posts photos alongside his brother, or his brother’s girlfriend, Brittany Matthews. The college student is almost always flashing a giant smile but the responses he gets can be ugly.

During Kansas City Chiefs games, some fans of the team will voice their dismay by referencing the younger Mahomes on Twitter. One person was upset with how Tyreek Hill was playing and snidely suggested Mahomes play in his place.

“Tyreek can’t hold onto the ball on any of these catches, might as well put Jackson mahomes gay a** in there I know he be holding onto balls,” the person tweeted. Others will tweet just to complain about seeing the Mahomes brother on other social media platforms.

“First thing I see when I get on TikTok is Jackson Mahomes gay a**. I hate it here,” a Twitter user wrote.

The budding TikTok star took to Twitter this week to address the hateful comments. He revealed that outside of tweets directed toward him, he also receives direct messages from people spewing “hurtful” words, and he reads all of them.

” [A] lot of people DM me hurtful things then be like ‘you get 1000s of DM you will never see this’ like sheesh I read every dm so y’all can chilll,” Mahomes tweeted to his 18,000 followers.

This was the first in a series of tweets about the angry messages he receives. The college student says that many commenters will follow up their vitriol by apologizing only 10 minutes later.

In the tweets posted this week, Mahomes contemplated exposing those who send him hateful messages by possibly making a YouTube video where he would contact their employers.

“Literally about to start blasting all these people,” he wrote.

His followers were quick to give their support and offer encouraging words. The next day, Mahomes gave thanks to his followers and said he received “over 300 DMs of positive things.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 17, 2020 2:42 AM

TikTok

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 16, 2020 4:41 PM

I didn't know that Patrick's brother was gay.

He's kind of goofy looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 16, 2020 4:42 PM

Patrick Mahomes is 6'3".

How in the hell tall is Jackson???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 16, 2020 4:43 PM

How could you not know his brother is gay? You can see it from space

by Anonymousreply 4February 16, 2020 4:44 PM

Dang bruh

by Anonymousreply 5February 16, 2020 4:44 PM

He has no gay content on TikTok

by Anonymousreply 6February 16, 2020 4:44 PM

And the QB clearly loves and supports his brother.

by Anonymousreply 7February 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Coming from a sports family, it looks like their dad made Jackson play basketball, because he's so tall.

And just look at how interested Jackson is.... rofl!

Poor kid looks bored as fuck!

He's probably thinking, "When can I get out of here and watch Project Runway??!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 16, 2020 4:49 PM

R8, you’re ignorant. He’s very athletic. Just because you are not, doesn’t mean you have to project that on Other people, gay men in general. You disgust me

by Anonymousreply 9February 16, 2020 4:51 PM

Oh STFU, R9.

Jackson looks like he'd rather be on the cheerleading squad, than on the court.

There's nothing wrong with that, unless you're a homophobe - such as yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 16, 2020 4:52 PM

I think Patrick is bringing back the 1940s poodle updo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 16, 2020 4:55 PM

No r10, you are wrong and projecting your issues into him. Jackson is a very good Basketball player, an offensive powerhouse that has led his team. You’re plain wrong and ignorant. It’s people like you that perpetuate archaic stereotypes that oppress gay and bi athletes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 16, 2020 4:57 PM

Hoop swag

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 16, 2020 4:57 PM

I would just laugh it off. I stopped valuing people's opinions years ago.

by Anonymousreply 14February 16, 2020 4:58 PM

Killer arms must run in The family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 16, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote]Mahomes contemplated exposing those who send him hateful messages by possibly making a YouTube video where he would contact their employers.

You mean these idiots use their real names? For that alone, out them as bigots. Why protect them? I recall some boxer who was getting nasty messages from some guy. The boxer showed up at the asshole's house and he cried like a bitch when confronted. They're all cowards. Even on DL when some of you use racism and bigotry. You're fucking cowards hiding behind a screen to spread hate.

by Anonymousreply 16February 16, 2020 5:02 PM

Oh wow

by Anonymousreply 17February 16, 2020 5:07 PM

Most of the criticism directed at him has described him as acting “corny” or like a “white boy”. People are largely criticizing his “corny dancing” and sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 18February 16, 2020 5:25 PM

The worst thing you can do to a black dude is to call him corny or “white boy.”

by Anonymousreply 19February 16, 2020 5:25 PM

Walmart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 16, 2020 5:28 PM

The "black dude" is biracial.

by Anonymousreply 21February 16, 2020 5:28 PM

For such a "manly jock," he sure does melt like a snowflake, R9.

Jackson needs to develop a thicker skin, if he's going to play in the big leagues.

His brother probably gets TONS of hate mail from KC Chiefs haters. NFL fans are the WORST, when it comes to being mean and nasty towards rival teams.

But you don't see Patrick crying about it.

by Anonymousreply 22February 16, 2020 5:28 PM

Looking @R20, what a douchebag. Attention-whore douchebag. He certainly doesn't deserve any attack that is racial or homophobic, but he's absolutely a douche for that alone.

I'm sick of these idiots desperate for attention. You're in a fucking Walmart dancing like an idiot. THIS is what you consider a "career-maker"?

by Anonymousreply 23February 16, 2020 5:30 PM

What is douchey about dancing in Walmart?

by Anonymousreply 24February 16, 2020 5:32 PM

R24, that's rhetorical, right?

by Anonymousreply 25February 16, 2020 5:33 PM

Jackson is to Patrick Mahomes, as Frankie Grande is to Ariana Grande.

Untalented wannabes, trying to become famous by riding on their much more famous siblings' coat tails.

From the first paragraph of the article:

[quote] He has managed to amass over 115,000 followers on Instagram where he often posts photos alongside his brother, or his brother’s girlfriend, Brittany Matthews

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2020 5:34 PM

He seems like a nice guy. Perhaps corny, but corny people tend to have good Hearts. Everyone can’t be a mean muggin thug

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2020 5:44 PM

I agree, R27.

But there's no denying that Jackson is THIRSTY.

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2020 5:45 PM

Don’t insult Jackson like that r26

by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2020 5:46 PM

R28, thirsty for followers? That’s why half a billion people are on TikTok. The goal is to get a huge following

by Anonymousreply 30February 16, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote] Don’t insult Jackson like that R26

[quote] R28, thirsty for followers?

Okay, let's get one thing straight here.

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE would know who Jackson Mahomes was, if he wasn't the brother of Jackson Mahomes. No one.

So let's not pretend that Jackson is some fascinating person, that people want to get to know.

They follow him because he's Patrick Mahomes' younger brother. Which is why he constantly posts photos of himself together with Patrick - as the article stated.

Jackson is not famous on his own merit.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, is simply delusional.

by Anonymousreply 31February 16, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote] ABSOLUTELY NO ONE would know who Jackson Mahomes was, if he wasn't the brother of Jackson Mahomes. No one.

How’s that now?

by Anonymousreply 32February 16, 2020 5:56 PM

Replace the second Jackson Mahomes, with Patrick Mahomes, R32.

There. Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 33February 16, 2020 5:59 PM

"The younger Mahomes brother has been building his brand on social media..."

Okay, got it.

by Anonymousreply 34February 16, 2020 6:01 PM

I wonder if he’ll be like Aaron Rodgers’ brother and start trying to get on reality tv?

by Anonymousreply 35February 16, 2020 6:04 PM

He's fug. Patrick definitely got the looks in that family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2020 6:05 PM

R10: ladies, ladies. You're both being homophobic in different ways. Just let the kid live.

Y'all are rude about the kids looks too. He can grow into them.

by Anonymousreply 37February 16, 2020 6:47 PM

R36 I didn’t want to say it, but...maybe if he grew some facial hair and got a new hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 38February 16, 2020 6:54 PM

Leave his looks alone

by Anonymousreply 39February 16, 2020 7:09 PM

Good I'm glad, maybe he will get off of social media. It's not required to live as many think it is. It's tearing society apart.

by Anonymousreply 40February 16, 2020 7:10 PM

It’s fun. Just ignore the trolls

by Anonymousreply 41February 16, 2020 7:21 PM

Most of the “hurtful messages” seem to be written in Ebonics, so I think it’s clear that it’s black people who have a problem with him being gay.

by Anonymousreply 42February 16, 2020 7:28 PM

Yup 🔼

by Anonymousreply 43February 16, 2020 7:29 PM

They have a problem with his unconventional expression. He doesn’t do anything gay on his accounts

by Anonymousreply 44February 16, 2020 7:37 PM

He wants the attention just for being related to somebody talented and famous, but then he wants to cry about how some people were mean. Suck it up, sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 45February 16, 2020 7:40 PM

Strange (and interesting) how he still gets homophobic comments on his social media, then...

by Anonymousreply 46February 16, 2020 7:40 PM

Time will tell!

by Anonymousreply 47February 16, 2020 7:49 PM

Very unorthodox, but I think he has fun being different

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 16, 2020 8:12 PM

I learned from TikTok that “CEO” Is a big slang term for saying someone is good or known for something. For example, Patrick is CEO of awkward dancing

by Anonymousreply 49February 16, 2020 8:15 PM

I meant Jackson is CEO

by Anonymousreply 50February 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Good for him! You go Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 51February 16, 2020 8:18 PM

I think he’s cute. He’s got good features, but would look better with a different haircut.

by Anonymousreply 52February 16, 2020 11:55 PM

I like him

by Anonymousreply 53February 16, 2020 11:56 PM

Kid can dance. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 54February 17, 2020 1:37 AM

Keep ya head up Pa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 17, 2020 2:23 AM

He’s the CEO of gay face,

by Anonymousreply 56February 17, 2020 2:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!