Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Caroline Flack Is Dead To Me

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 19, 2020 12:20 PM

Very sad

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2020 5:51 PM

Didn’t some other English reality show star kill himself recently?

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2020 5:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2020 5:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2020 5:52 PM

I heard she was the inspiration for Neil Diamond’s song.

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2020 5:53 PM

3rd Love Island suicide

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2020 5:55 PM

We don't know who this person is in America, but I'm sorry for your loss, UK gays. No one that young and beautiful should end their life like that. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2020 5:58 PM

R5 - I think you're kidding but it's hard to tell over the Internet. Just in case you aren't, you heard wrong. Caroline Kennedy inspired Neil Diamond to write his song "Sweet Caroline".

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2020 6:00 PM

Never heard of her. I couldn't leave my animals not knowing what would become of them. Even if people said they'd care for them you don't know if they would.

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2020 6:00 PM

[Quote] Never heard of her. I couldn't leave my animals not knowing what would become of them. Even if people said they'd care for them you don't know if they would.

She was relatively young and wealthy. The animals will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2020 6:02 PM

r7

The thing non-Brits are most likely to know her for is dating Harry Styles. IIRC she was a subject of some discussion on DL at the time.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2020 6:07 PM

She was also "linked" to AJ Pritchard. I think she may have been the Queen Beard.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2020 6:08 PM

I thought she was pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2020 6:09 PM

Didn’t she slap her boy toy around or some shit?

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2020 6:11 PM

From her Wiki:

“28]

Arrest and abuse allegations On 13 December 2019, Flack was charged with common assault on an initially unnamed man who had made a report to police.[29] Flack's ex-fiancé Andrew Brady tweeted that he was "not surprised". Flack's spokesperson responded to the Daily Mail exposing his non-disclosure agreement and said, "Any suggestion Mr Brady has made that our client is in any way abusive would be false and defamatory."[30]

Court proceedings later showed that the unnamed individual was former tennis player Lewis Burton, with whom Flack had been in a relationship with since early 2019.[31] Flack denied the charges, but the prosecution asserted that Flack hit Burton over the head with a lamp while he slept, and proceeded to smash up household property.[31]

Burton was in fact the one who dialed 999 and claimed Flack "tried to kill me". Burton, however, insisted that he was not a victim, instead describing himself as a witness. He had hoped to continue the relationship.[31] On 14 February 2020, Burton sent her a Valentine's Day message with the words ‘I love you’.[32]”

So it appears she may have had BPD. I feel so bad for people who have this. They cannot control their emotions, and physically and verbally attacking anyone whom they feel mistreated by. They cannot control themselves when faced with conflict, and some attempt suicide.

They also self medicate, and have problems with drugs and alcohol. Not every person who abuses drugs and alcohol have Borderline Personality Disorder, but MANY BPDs have unresolved addiction issues.

I know nothing about her. Hope she didn’t leave behind kids and their father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2020 6:11 PM

Yes, she dated Harry Styles when he was 17. Also Prince Harry about 12 years ago.

She had a violent fight and seriously assaulted her boyfriend in December and was charged. Like blood spatters on the door violent,

I’m thinking drugs were a big part of her life.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2020 6:12 PM

r14

Yeah, she was about to go on trial for hitting him with a lamp in his sleep.

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2020 6:12 PM

I hope she finds some peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote]The thing non-Brits are most likely to know her for is dating Harry Styles. IIRC she was a subject of some discussion on DL at the time.

People are still calling her a sex pest for dating 17 year old Harry.

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2020 6:13 PM

She also dated Prince Harry. Don't know how old he was then, certainly older than the 16 year old Harry Styles.

She should have stayed in the US for the rehab....but instead she flew home, so god knows who was supporting those wrong choices she made.

Very sad. But I'm also sad for the men that she physically and mentally abused.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2020 6:13 PM

The year of birth and death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2020 6:16 PM

R17, in many states here in the United States, that’s considered attempted murder if she hit him over his head.

I knew someone from high school who got serious time for kicking her boyfriend in the head, and seriously injuring him. I think she was sentenced to 5 or more years. It was a VERY big deal. He was in a coma, had to relearn how to talk, etc.

Wow. Just wow. Kicking someone while they’re awake is obviously bad enough, but a lamp? While they’re sleeping???

This poor woman was NOT well.

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2020 6:18 PM

r19

It's wild how deep the cultural dìfferences are within the Western world on this. In Britain, she gets called a sex pest. In France, nobody would bat an eyelid. In the US (depending on the state) she would have gone to prison, had to register as a sex offender, and never worked on tv again.

Is there any other topic where this would apply?

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 6:18 PM

She was attractive as a brunette too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2020 6:18 PM

[quote] People are still calling her a sex pest for dating 17 year old Harry.

Make that past tense. There is a whole lot of deleting going on right now on twitter. The Sun has already scrubbed some bitchy post about her from yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2020 6:19 PM

R8, hi Rose!

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2020 6:23 PM

OMG!! Caroline Flack killed herself??? That is soo sad. She looked so good for 40. She was crazy but not a bad person some other celebs.

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2020 6:24 PM

r9, I'm with you.

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2020 6:24 PM

It’s a very sad situation. However, people are blaming the tabloids and social media which I find reductive. There’s no denying that those two factors didn’t help. But it seems to me that she knew she was going to be found guilty of the assault (as she was guilty) and thus not be employed in the future. Therefore she killed herself as she couldn’t see a worthwhile future. She also appeared to be rather unwell even before the assault. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2020 6:26 PM

Crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2020 6:28 PM

r28 I think she assaulted her boyfriend in the first place because she is a drug user.

It usually points to drugs.

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2020 6:31 PM

If an American is successful, at least in the superficial aspects, they seem to seldom commit suicide. With some exceptions of course (Anthony Bourdain ). And the rate is even lower for American women who have some measure of success. But it seems that celebs and other successful people are more likely to off themselves in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2020 6:34 PM

If an American is successful, at least in the superficial aspects, they seem to seldom commit suicide. With some exceptions of course (Anthony Bourdain ). And the rate is even lower for American women who have some measure of success. But it seems that celebs and other successful people are more likely to off themselves in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2020 6:34 PM

[quote]But it seems that celebs and other successful people are more likely to off themselves in Britain.

It's a small country. There's less happiness to buy.

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2020 6:41 PM

Is this her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2020 6:49 PM

Her old stylist must have hated her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 15, 2020 6:53 PM

Bless your heart, r8.

You seem sweet. Naive, perhaps, but sweet.

by Anonymousreply 37February 15, 2020 6:53 PM

R34 yes.

I would also add that the British civilian population have an inherent suspicion of celebrities, and disdain them for minor infractions. Americans will lampoon celebrities at soonest opportunity, but with a certain fondness (that is until they start throwing their weight around like POTUS).

by Anonymousreply 38February 15, 2020 7:10 PM

She hit someone in their sleep with a lamp?

by Anonymousreply 39February 15, 2020 7:16 PM

What is this, Clue?

by Anonymousreply 40February 15, 2020 7:16 PM

People on Twitter say the Yellow Press haunted her the last couple of weeks. Does anyone know what happened? She's was a big celebrity in the UK and well liked? Did this all change after the incident in December with her boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 41February 15, 2020 7:25 PM

She's shagged some really hot men - Lewis Burton, Andrew Brady, Prince Harry. She was like a Poundland Kelly Brook.

by Anonymousreply 42February 15, 2020 7:25 PM

It wasn't me.

by Anonymousreply 43February 15, 2020 7:32 PM

If she hit someone in the head with a lamp while they were asleep, they are very fucked up indeed. Too bad she didn’t get the help she needed.

by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2020 7:32 PM

Can I blame Dam Wotton? Cause I really hate that smug fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2020 7:35 PM

How can the British press hound her when she took off to the US? She only came back recently.

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2020 7:41 PM

slut queen

she fucked hairy styles while he was underage.

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2020 7:46 PM

This is terrible, but I wanna know how she did it.

On a more human note, she had a twin sister. Her poor family! That is devastating.

by Anonymousreply 48February 15, 2020 7:47 PM

He was 17, R47.

by Anonymousreply 49February 15, 2020 7:50 PM

She thought, "I'm never going to be hotter or more in demand or more popular, so I may as well end it now."

by Anonymousreply 50February 15, 2020 7:57 PM

The Meghan fans on twatter used this woman's suicide to make "Meghan Markle" trend today. Because when Caroline Flack hits her sleeping boyfriend over the head with a lamp and splatters his blood all over the room in doing so, then commits suicide because she was afraid of all the legal and professional repercussions flowing from that act, it's all about how mean the media is, which in turn means it's all about Meghan Markle.

Meghan Markle is at the centre of this story, you see,because she was involuntarily "driven from Britain" by the meanies in the press who never asked her if she was ok and she most certainly did not EVER plan from the moment she got pregnant to leave the UK to make billions off her title at ALL.

At ALL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 15, 2020 8:18 PM

She apparently hung herself. Why do people always choose such gruesome ways to kill themselves? There is medication you can get illegally if you need it.

by Anonymousreply 52February 15, 2020 8:24 PM

She fucked Richard Madden

by Anonymousreply 53February 15, 2020 8:29 PM

[Quote] Why do people always choose such gruesome ways to kill themselves?

They don't always.

by Anonymousreply 54February 15, 2020 8:30 PM

she got some good dick in her life.

andrew Brady's fine ass too.

lucky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 55February 15, 2020 8:32 PM

She must have been a tormented soul to have felt she had to kill herself at 40..I don't know who she is but I feel her loss

by Anonymousreply 56February 15, 2020 8:33 PM

Unusual for a frau to hang herself.

Make a run for the borderline.

by Anonymousreply 57February 15, 2020 8:33 PM

She wasn't remotely a frau.

by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2020 8:35 PM

Truly, her face reads as evil.

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2020 8:36 PM

R53 Datalounge translation: He bottomed for her or she was Empress Of All The Beards.

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2020 8:37 PM

R59 No the typical DL trope of her eyes were so soulless and empty is far more apropos.

by Anonymousreply 61February 15, 2020 8:39 PM

One fewer fish in the world.

by Anonymousreply 62February 15, 2020 8:43 PM

R53 not saying she didn’t. But she did deny that to the press.

It’s very sad, clearly she had issues and saw no positive way out of those issues. I feel badly for the loved ones left behind.

by Anonymousreply 63February 15, 2020 8:45 PM

R63 - oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 64February 15, 2020 8:47 PM

[quote] She apparently hung herself. Why do people always choose such gruesome ways to kill themselves?

Hanging is far from a gruesome way to go.

by Anonymousreply 65February 15, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote] She apparently hung herself.

No, she hanged herself.

by Anonymousreply 66February 15, 2020 8:52 PM

r33, keep saying that...

by Anonymousreply 67February 15, 2020 8:54 PM

I think hanging is a more permanent solution than pills. Too many people wake up from a pill OD, but with hanging (if you do it right) it's over and done with. I suppose a bullet to the brain is permanent too, but a bit too messy and not everyone has or wants a gun.

by Anonymousreply 68February 15, 2020 8:57 PM

R65 Are you shitting?

by Anonymousreply 69February 15, 2020 9:02 PM

The British plebeian judges and juries must be glad they have handed her a death sentence! I'm so sad now.

by Anonymousreply 70February 15, 2020 9:13 PM

Who is this person What do they do What are they famous for are there any videos what's going on?

by Anonymousreply 71February 15, 2020 9:56 PM

R71, are you Admiral Stockdale?

by Anonymousreply 72February 15, 2020 10:01 PM

[Quote] Who is this person What do they do What are they famous for are there any videos what's going on?

Think: Cat Deeley.

by Anonymousreply 73February 15, 2020 10:04 PM

Won’t miss her — such a flack.

by Anonymousreply 74February 15, 2020 10:06 PM

I for one am very glad the flak has died off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 15, 2020 10:08 PM

Unfamiliar with her, but she sure was purty.

by Anonymousreply 76February 15, 2020 10:09 PM

Caroline Flack in the bedroom with a table lamp.

by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2020 10:26 PM

should not have made so final a decision.

by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2020 10:26 PM

R51, I agree for the most part that Meghan's situation is completely incomparable to Flack's, but I was still taken aback by Eamonn Holmes's audacity in posting the tweet below. He launched a completely unprovoked attack on Meghan just a few weeks ago, calling her awful, weak, spoilt, irritating and manipulative (while admitting he had never met her).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2020 10:56 PM

[Quote] calling her awful, weak, spoilt, irritating and manipulative (while admitting he had never met her).

These type of media figures don't give a shit. It's all "content" to them.

by Anonymousreply 80February 15, 2020 11:00 PM

So I worked on Carolines last show. The blood in the room which the tabloids splashed across the front pages was her blood- not her boyfriends and it was done by slashing her own wrists. She did have issues. For the tabloids to do this is so disgusting in the first place- saying it was his- is so wrong. She did assault him- the only assault she has done- but she was in a distressed state. All of this was left out of the tabloids or maybe was not said by their police informers who they were paying. Either way this was a suicidal, emotional fragile person who was hounded by the police and press.

by Anonymousreply 81February 15, 2020 11:01 PM

Has her aunt Roberta released a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 82February 15, 2020 11:03 PM

[Quote] So I worked on Carolines last show. The blood in the room which the tabloids splashed across the front pages was her blood- not her boyfriends and it was done by slashing her own wrists. She did have issues. For the tabloids to do this is so disgusting in the first place- saying it was his- is so wrong. She did assault him- the only assault she has done- but she was in a distressed state. All of this was left out of the tabloids or maybe was not said by their police informers who they were paying. Either way this was a suicidal, emotional fragile person who was hounded by the police and press.

That's very sad. She went for treatment to America?

by Anonymousreply 83February 15, 2020 11:04 PM

r81 Her previous boyfriend Andrew Brady, and I do not know if he is reliable and truthful implied that she was violent towards him.

by Anonymousreply 84February 15, 2020 11:14 PM

Yes, r82. See r43.

by Anonymousreply 85February 15, 2020 11:23 PM

Andrew Brady said he was not surprised by what had happened but did not say anything about her assaulting him. I hope she didn't. But please, people that are under mental stress can do terrible things but we must also forgive people. She was shown no compassion and was hung out to dry by the press. Can you imagine seeing the blood from your own slashed wrists splashed across the press that would have had to been leaked by the police? And them saying it was your boyfriends? It wasn't true! She did go for treatment yes but I don't know the ins and outs of that. if people knew the facts that she had tried to kill herself and then assaulted her boyfriend would/shouldn't people have compassion? But they were too busy painting her as this violent crazy person which she just wasn't. But she had issues.

by Anonymousreply 86February 15, 2020 11:23 PM

She was clearly incredibly ill, and it’s hardly the first time the British press have sensationalised a story, even if she obviously assaulted her boyfriend. No fucking idea why steps weren’t taken to section her though.

by Anonymousreply 87February 15, 2020 11:31 PM

[Quote] if people knew the facts that she had tried to kill herself and then assaulted her boyfriend would/shouldn't people have compassion?

I actually think they should have come out about that. If there were fears over what that information might do to her career... well, Kerry Katona still gets gigs.

by Anonymousreply 88February 15, 2020 11:33 PM

I am actually quite upset about it tbh and have no idea why I am on here. Please just see her as a person because she was one. I posted the above post too.

by Anonymousreply 89February 15, 2020 11:36 PM

Maybe the ex who wasn’t surprised should have explained himself better. For instance, maybe that meant that she was irrational or impulsive, not that she was abusive.

I hate to think of anyone being in that much pain. Sometimes the people who are least able to handle it seek out these stressful situations that put them in the spotlight and subject to criticism. I always wonder about that.

by Anonymousreply 90February 15, 2020 11:39 PM

Big Ego, Low Self Esteem is pretty common in performers.

by Anonymousreply 91February 15, 2020 11:42 PM

How do they know her bf didn't murder her and stage a crime scene?

Broke a lamp over him, eh?

by Anonymousreply 92February 15, 2020 11:43 PM

Hard to believe but if they bury her, her liquefying brain will break through her pallet and leak out from mouth and her ears within the next 3 weeks.

Sobering thought.

by Anonymousreply 93February 15, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote] She's shagged some really hot men - Lewis Burton, Andrew Brady, Prince Harry.

r42, people who think “Prince” Harry was “REALLY hot” are those who've never seen him smile with his beady little eyes and little yellow teeth. He’s an AWG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 16, 2020 12:18 AM

Was she Harry’s first?

by Anonymousreply 95February 16, 2020 12:41 AM

You know what shits me? If a guy had a assualted a woman, then been hounded by the press and subsequently committed suicide, there wouldn't be as much public sorrow. She was unstable, violent and abusive. But because she was a woman, and an attractive one at that, it will all be swept under the carpet.

by Anonymousreply 96February 16, 2020 12:44 AM

Was that really necessary, R93? Even for the DL?

by Anonymousreply 97February 16, 2020 12:58 AM

She was lovely winning on Strictly Come Dancing (with Pasha!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 16, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote] [quote] Either way this was a suicidal, emotional fragile person who was hounded by the police and press.

MARY, R81, R86, R89! We seem to have a Caroline Flack super-stan on this thread.

How did the police “hound” her? The police were doing their job - investigating a potential crime scene. Their job is not to kiss rich white celebs’ ass - but to protect the public from crazies. If she attacked someone in their sleep with a lamp - she was becoming a potential danger to society and to herself. What if she had another meltdown and did it again, this time resulting in accidental murder? You would then yell: “Where was the police? Why didn’t they do their job and isolate this person?”.

If she attacked someone due to mental illness or a psychotic episode - this would have been brought up as a defence and mitigating factor by her lawyers during the trial. She should have then been sent for a psychological evaluation and treatment, for her own good. If she already had e.g. a short course of treatment in the US - it clearly wasn't enough, so she should have accepted another longer course of treatment in the UK with a different therapist or even medications.

If she attacked because she was a drug addict - she should have been tested for drugs.

[quote] But they were too busy painting her as this violent crazy person which she just wasn't. But she had issues.

Attacking someone with a lamp is not “violent” or “crazy”? JFC.

[quote] She did assault him- the only assault she has done- but she was in a distressed state. All of this was left out of the tabloids or maybe was not said by their police informers who they were paying.

So now we have tinfoil conspiracy theories about “police informers”? Oh, goody.

“The only assault she has done” YET. If she took the lamp again and in another psychotic episode accidentally cracked someone’s (or even her dog’s) head open - your “compassion” would be that of an enabler.

And who cares if this was "the only assault she has done" (again, potentially yet) - that's a mitigating factor for sentencing (length of a sentence), not for a crime itself. People in court don't get completely off the hook if they commit violence "just once".

[quote] people that are under mental stress can do terrible things but we must also forgive people. She was shown no compassion and was hung out to dry by the press.

Well, then Flack, her assaulted partner or her big family (she had 2 parents, 2 sisters and 1 brother - they were reportedly a close-knit family) should have released a statement correcting the record. How are other people supposed to know she’s “distressed and vulnerable” if no one from the Flack family said anything?

People love to blame the media for everything and absolve individuals of any personal responsibility whatsoever. But Flack was a seasoned TV presenter - she knew how the media works, she was PART of the media. If tabloids get things wrong - just send out a correcting statement.

[quote] I am actually quite upset about it tbh and have no idea why I am on here.

Quit worshipping celebs. Flack wouldn’t be that upset over your or my death. It’s unfortunate, but if she was so “vulnerable” and erratic and turned to violence - then it was her family’s job to send her to a psychiatric clinic again to get MORE professional help.

by Anonymousreply 99February 16, 2020 1:22 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 100February 16, 2020 1:26 AM

R96, Kobe assaulted a woman and people are mourning him

The MRA trolls are silly

by Anonymousreply 101February 16, 2020 1:32 AM

r101, both the NBA/Bryant super-stans (which includes females, btw) and the Fraus "very upset!!!" about Flack are OTT.

Where were these "bleeding hearts" 2 weeks ago when Flack was still alive? Where was her so-called "caring" management? Now she's RIP and suddenly her "bleeding heart" management is busy blaming state prosecutors and tabloids and trying to make a martyr out of their prized "client".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 16, 2020 1:48 AM

R99 Talk about making a molehill into a mountain. Geez...........

by Anonymousreply 103February 16, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote] if people knew the facts that she had tried to kill herself and then assaulted her boyfriend would/shouldn't people have compassion?

Compassion? The English press? Even negative, provincial, snobbish, violent, passive-aggressive impulse of the British character is indulged by the tabloids like pigs in shit. They have zero compassion even when they know the facts.

Look at that fat fuck Eamonn Holmes upthread going to town on Meghan Markle. God knows there is a lot to make fun of when it comes to Meghan, but he's not even using the veneer of humor like some do. He's never met her - he's just launching a verbal assault on her for no reason other than he can and people will listen. And he's not even technically a tabloid personality.

by Anonymousreply 104February 16, 2020 2:51 AM

That platinum blonde shade was much better on her than the yellow blonde. She looks like a different person.

by Anonymousreply 105February 16, 2020 3:00 AM

R104 your pussy is dripping anger

by Anonymousreply 106February 16, 2020 3:15 AM

I thought the Poo-wers that be determined Spode and Bourdain didn't kill themselves but were killed by some lizard-pedo conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 107February 16, 2020 3:43 AM

Imagine being the attacked boyfriend right now.

You'd be thinking, 'if I hadn't called the police and told them about the lamping she wouldn't have been charged, if she wasn't charged it wouldn't have made the press, the latest round of tabloid mocking wouldn't have happened (including a spoof Valentine's day card of her brandishing a lamp), Love Island wouldn't have fired her, and she wouldn't have killed herself'.

Perhaps that wouldn't be logical because he could hardly have kept quiet about the lamping. But he's going to deal with the guilt from this for the rest of his life.

Interestingly, her ex-Andrew Brady seems to have had an NDA, and her management team accused him of breaking it with the 'I'm not surprised' comment.

by Anonymousreply 108February 16, 2020 4:35 AM

R81 You say you worked on her show, did you know her personally?

How can you be sure it was her blood or that she never assaulted anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 109February 16, 2020 4:37 AM

She'd already tried to commit suicide before, it has been claimed upthread.

by Anonymousreply 110February 16, 2020 4:38 AM

And the Love Island curse claims another victim. I hope they don't discontinue the show because of all the deaths, it's pretty much the only reality dating show worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 111February 16, 2020 4:40 AM

They should do a special of the exes who've been left behind.

by Anonymousreply 112February 16, 2020 4:43 AM

I hardly see how anyone can blame Love Island, 'curse' or no. Was the show meant to keep her on screen with the legal case unresolved? Did her suicide stem from anything happening on the show?

by Anonymousreply 113February 16, 2020 4:43 AM

I’m sorry she saw suicide as her only option, but this Flack woman was really unwell.

Hitting someone with a lamp while they’re literally sleeping, is criminal behavior. It’s assault. Didn’t she allegedly draw blood? We have no proof that the blood splatter was due to her cutting her wrists.

Two HUGE INCIDENTS, in a matter of minutes: attempted suicide and assault. All of this, at the ages of 35-40. That’s indicative of some profound psychological issues and personality disorders. This woman needed serious, long term care. She was suicidal and homicidal. This wasn’t just depression and self medicating. And even that, has to be addressed straight on, once and for all, or the person who is experiencing that, can easily end up suiciding, or ODing.

Mental health is just really overlooked by so many. We worry about our looks, our teeth, our bodies, and skin, and hair. But looking great and dressing well doesn’t equal mental health, stability, or happiness. There are people who are stunning, and are struggling profoundly to keep up with the social media Joneses, and present curated representations of themselves, and for what? Why? Because we are a society that finds higher value in looking good, rather than feeling at peace. Notice I did not write “feeling good”. We don’t always feel good, even when things are great. Our inability to accept feeling low for a few days or weeks, even when on antidepressants, is what fucks us up. We believe that if we do everything right, we should get X or Y. Well, that’s not the way it works. And imagine getting X or Y, and STILL being sad, or low, depressed, or as in Caroline’s case, filled with rage, exhibiting violence, and ultimately, committing suicide?

Personally, if she felt that it was her best option, I cannot begrudge her decision, however, we are just not in the right state of mind, as a general rule, when we decide to take our own lives. People seeking Euthanasia due to terminal illness and horrific pain, are ethically a different subset for me, and even so, the contemplation of it, is driven by an inability to bear certain conditions and circumstances, that had they been resolved, would have not placed one in a position to consider it in the first place.

What’s even sadder is that she had probably been considering it for years. It doesn’t just show up and take you out the first time it makes your acquaintance.

Civilized, Western societies need to start making mental health awareness, treatment, and affordable access a priority. Instead of blaming individuals who are suffering, we need to take away the shame components, de-stigmatize it, and put aside judgement in favor of healing.

It’s sad how the British and American press literally hound people to death, like the formerly troubled Princess Diana, Amy Winehouse, and even Harry and Meghan. I read tons of comments right here, ridiculing them for claiming that the attention from the press was making them feel mentally unhealthy. Regardless of their motives for marrying, or leaving the UK, wouldn’t it bother you, if you too, had the press up your ass 24/7? Especially with the specific intent of tearing you to shreds, and the public decides to join in, just because they THINK they know, yet have no guarantee that they actually do, because they actually don’t? I have no idea what that feels like, but I imagine it cannot be great.

But fuck these people, yeah? Let them suffer whatever fates, because hounding them is so rewarding and it makes YOU feel good.

This poor woman was in deep trouble, & obviously on the edge. She needed help, not ridicule and senseless gossip and news cycles, highlighting her failures and mental illness for clicks and profits. So yeah, she was completely responsible for hurting others, and herself, but the fucked up British blood hounds, disguised as press, certainly did not make things easier on her.

by Anonymousreply 114February 16, 2020 4:45 AM

R113 Nobody's blaming the show when they talk about the curse, they know it isn't the show's fault that these people kill themselves, it's just a creepy coincidence that multiple people from the show have ended up taking their own lives. Unclench, Deborah, it isn't that serious.

by Anonymousreply 115February 16, 2020 5:03 AM

She obviously had serious mental health issues to kill herself over something as stupid as a trial regarding her hitting her boyfriend. It’s the U.K. where their justice system is a joke. She probably just would have gotten a warning and fine and been sent on her way.

by Anonymousreply 116February 16, 2020 5:06 AM

R115 it’s not a creepy coincidence, these types of show always attract mentally unstable people (usually with histrionic personality disorder) and exploit their weaknesses.

by Anonymousreply 117February 16, 2020 5:16 AM

But she was the host...

by Anonymousreply 118February 16, 2020 5:21 AM

[quote]Burton, however, insisted that he was not a victim, instead describing himself as a witness. He had hoped to continue the relationship.

This really doesn't sound like someone who thinks he was the victim of an attempted murder.

If she was mentally ill, then the tabloids were making things worse. You can't deny that. They go after people in ways that make it pretty obvious that they WANT them to die because it's good for their profits. You're fooling yourself if you think this had nothing to do with the tabloid press.

by Anonymousreply 119February 16, 2020 5:24 AM

[quote] It’s sad how the British and American press literally hound people to death, like the formerly troubled Princess Diana, Amy Winehouse, and even Harry and Meghan. I read tons of comments right here, ridiculing them for claiming that the attention from the press was making them feel mentally unhealthy. Regardless of their motives for marrying, or leaving the UK, wouldn’t it bother you, if you too, had the press up your ass 24/7?

Oh, stop bringing two-faced, professional “victims” Mountbatten & Markle into this, R114. They are COURTING the press 24/7 - they just want it to be only ass-kissing coverage instead of critical exposés. They’re happy smiling to the press in North America. They’re even releasing PRIVATE PHOTOS of their kid in North America.

Lol @ your “bloodhound” epithet - that’s more applicable to Henry (who SHOT defenceless wild animals in South America and posed with their corpses for ‘fun’, like an inbred hick, and wanted to keep the press from exposing him and his other lies and cover-ups) and to Markle (who wants to make money from MEDIA fame).

[quote] It’s sad how the British and American press literally hound people to death, like the formerly troubled Princess Diana

They were mostly French paps who were racing after Diana “literally to death”.

And comparing Flack to Diana is ridiculous. Flack was under criminal investigation for battery. The media were following her because of that.

And Flack was part of a reality TV show where they already had TWO suicides (plus a THIRD suicide of one of the partners of the contestants). So this would be the FOURTH suicide with some relation to that show. But, even after those 3 suicides, Flack reportedly still wanted to host that stupid reality TV show.

by Anonymousreply 120February 16, 2020 5:24 AM

[quote]these types of show always attract mentally unstable people (usually with histrionic personality disorder)

But we won't name names, Lens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 16, 2020 5:25 AM

[quote]It’s sad how the British and American press literally hound people to death, like the formerly troubled Princess Diana, Amy Winehouse, and even Harry and Meghan.

They go after people who are troubled and show weakness, because it creates more drama. Just like how the paparazzi hounded Britney Spears and Dana Plato and others here in the States. They don't bother going after someone completely stable because there's no payoff for them.

by Anonymousreply 122February 16, 2020 5:26 AM

[Quote] Four years later, she talked about the difficulties she faced after lifting the Glitterball Trophy, telling The Sun that she felt as though her body was 'covered' in 'clingfilm' the morning after her dancefloor triumph, adding that she felt 'ridiculous' feeling so low.

[Quote] She added: 'I couldn't get up and just couldn't pick myself up at all that next year.'

It sounds like depression was a longstanding issue.

by Anonymousreply 123February 16, 2020 6:02 AM

[quote] This really doesn't sound like someone who thinks he was the victim of an attempted murder.

They didn't charge Flack with "attempted murder", R119/R122. The 999 (emergency) phone operator said her partner called them and stated that Flack was “trying to kill” him. But she was charged with assault only. The police who were called and came to the scene (with body-cams) noted that her partner had trauma to his head.

[quote] If she was mentally ill, then the tabloids were making things worse.

If she was mentally ill, Flack wanting to go back to hosting a reality TV show (with her management’s 'encouragement') where 4 people already killed themselves was making things worse. She was the host and read about all those gruesome stories of people whom she KNEW personally ending up DEAD one by one recently.

If she was mentally ill, her big family (parents & siblings) should have looked after her. But for some bizarre reason she was left almost alone in her home, only with a a visiting “producer friend” for company.

It seems her management did not want her to be sectioned or take a time-out to be treated for her problems - they wanted their “client” to go on hosting that troubled show and make $$ for them in management fees.

[quote] They go after people in ways that make it pretty obvious that they WANT them to die because it's good for their profits. You're fooling yourself if you think this had nothing to do with the tabloid press.

[quote] They go after people who are troubled and show weakness, because it creates more drama … They don't bother going after someone completely stable because there's no payoff for them.

And which celebs are “not troubled” in your view? Ben Affleck? Angelina Jolie? Joaquin Phoenix? Mia Farrow? Woody Allen? Johnny Depp? Amber Heard? Justin Bieber? Demi Lovato? If Jennifer Lawrence offs herself next year - are you going to blame the press too?

Lol, the British paps go after the Beckhams all the time. As far as celebs go, David & Victoria Beckham are sometimes “stable” (though that’s very relative) - and yet the press "went after them” just the same. Why? Because that's how big celebrity works. If it's too much - celebs are free to go do something in an office cubicle instead.

by Anonymousreply 124February 16, 2020 6:15 AM

[Quote] Flack wanting to go back to hosting a reality TV show (with her management’s 'encouragement') where 4 people already killed themselves was making things worse. She was the host and read about all those gruesome stories of people whom she KNEW personally ending up DEAD one by one recently.

It's not like the people killed themselves in the Love Island house (villa?).

by Anonymousreply 125February 16, 2020 6:18 AM

R125, it appears many competitors in that reality contest-show were doing a mix of cocaine and booze.

Mike Thalassitis hanged himself. "An inquest heard how Mike killed himself after a cocaine and booze binge and left suicide notes next to his body."

Sophie Gradon took a cocktail of booze and coke and then hanged herself as well.

Gradon's boyfriend did the exact same: the coroner said Eric Armstrong hanged himself after drinking alcohol and taking cocaine.

So 3 hangings - and now Flack hanged herself too.

Obviously it's not the show concept itself - but it seems it unfortunately had some kind of toxic, druggie behind-the-scenes environment that perpetuated the vicious cycle. 4 people don't just take coke and all hang themselves by utter coincidence - the environment around that show was possibly drug-fuelled and unhealthy, leading the participants to be overly impulsive and self-harming.

by Anonymousreply 126February 16, 2020 6:36 AM

I agree, R101. Social media is truly awful. If even one of the people now publicly grief vomiting has reached out to her directly in the past few weeks or days, who knows what the difference might have been.

R99, I haven’t followed it as closely, but didn’t her boyfriend disavow the prosecution? In the US that would most likely be the end of any trial with no cooperating witness.

by Anonymousreply 127February 16, 2020 6:41 AM

[Quote] Obviously it's not the show concept itself - but it seems it unfortunately had some kind of toxic, druggie behind-the-scenes environment that perpetuated the vicious cycle. 4 people don't just take coke and all hang themselves by utter coincidence - the environment around that show was possibly drug-fuelled and unhealthy, leading the participants to be overly impulsive and self-harming.

Are you kidding?

by Anonymousreply 128February 16, 2020 6:56 AM

So people like her but they don't like me. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 129February 16, 2020 7:00 AM

So he's a Datalounger r79?

by Anonymousreply 130February 16, 2020 7:21 AM

r84 is that Andrew Brady from Big Brother?

by Anonymousreply 131February 16, 2020 7:23 AM

[Quote] So 3 hangings - and now Flack hanged herself too.

Is Love Island...haunted?

by Anonymousreply 132February 16, 2020 9:42 AM

I didn't know this woman, but I feel awful for her friends and family, and for the pain she must have carried.

by Anonymousreply 133February 16, 2020 9:48 AM

People here mention the weak justice system in the UK and that she probably only would have gotten a slap on the wrist for assaulting her boyfriend, but I think the bigger problem here was that she lost her job, was ridiculed in the tabloids and was basically unemployable. She probably also suffered a "social death" long before her real death. No more invitations to awards, parties, luncheons or events were these British celebrities and TV personalities usually meet and hang out. No more endorsements, hosting jobs or work opportunities. So I think the criminal charges were not really the issue, but losing her social life, friends and job opportunities played a big part here. Society in the UK is also less forgiving than in the US. If you fuck up in the US, you apologize, go to rehab and start over. Just look at Shia LaBeouf presenting at the Oscars this year or Britney Spears still having a career after years of mental illness. The UK is less forgiving and you're constantly ridiculed in the press and reminded of your flaws.

by Anonymousreply 134February 16, 2020 10:31 AM

Please don’t blame her family for not taking care of her. It is incredibly difficult to make a grown adult (on another continent!) do ANYTHING, especially when they are mentally ill. If it were solely up to her family, she’d be alive and well, probably in a nice rehab or hospital being medicated.

What she did was her own doing.

by Anonymousreply 135February 16, 2020 10:47 AM

[quote] Mike Thalassitis hanged himself. "An inquest heard how Mike killed himself after a cocaine and booze binge and left suicide notes next to his body."

[quote] Sophie Gradon took a cocktail of booze and coke and then hanged herself as well.

[quote] Gradon's boyfriend did the exact same: the coroner said Eric Armstrong hanged himself after drinking alcohol and taking cocaine.

[quote] So 3 hangings - and now Flack hanged herself too.

Hmmmmmm. Are you sure they all were suicides?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 16, 2020 10:50 AM

[R114], "We don’t always feel good, even when things are great. Our inability to accept feeling low for a few days or weeks, even when on antidepressants, is what fucks us up. "

This is the first time I've seen anybody express something I've known for years. The virtues of happiness and contentment are over coloured. Depression, loneliness, are among the range of normal human feelings.

If you feel depressed or lonely sometimes, it means you're fine. It's when that drags out and pushes out everything else, that it's time to take action. And you're right; life isn't a fucking brilliantly lighted advertisement.

A lot of life, whatever you do, or however much money you have, is boring and repetitious. It's how you handle the boredom and repetition that will see you through, or not.

by Anonymousreply 137February 16, 2020 10:59 AM

reply 99 I worked with Caroline on her last series as I stated and I do not worship celebrities.There are so many inaccuracies in what you wrote- her boyfriend was in bed- not asleep. And someone from the police leaked those photos. But you are bending inaccuracies to your argument which you accused me of. You are example of the disease of social media. Your excitement and glee at the pain of others comes through pointedly. Maybe you should be the one getting help? Yes Caroline assaulted her boyfriend and made a mistake. But let's be honest, from your post and assumptions that you made of Caroline from The Sun and the Daily Mail show its very very clear the type of person you are. Judgemental, mean spirited, believing of the tabloids and hateful of others success, gleeful in their downfall. You will bite back at this- because how could you resist? But I bet some of my assumptions of you, which you inaccurately made of me and the facts- are somewhat accurate. I won't reply.

by Anonymousreply 138February 16, 2020 11:04 AM

[quote] This is the first time I've seen anybody express something I've known for years. The virtues of happiness and contentment are over coloured. Depression, loneliness, are among the range of normal human feelings.

The masses are stupid thinking they can fill some internal void by buying and consuming silly and unhealthy stuff. Most of us are raised to be unhappy and depressed, because that is the ideal consumer and easy prey for snake oil salesmen. For unhappy and depressed people the concept of genuine happiness is as alien as, well, aliens and the existence of unicorns.

If you are unhappy and depressed then society did its job.

by Anonymousreply 139February 16, 2020 11:13 AM

I know they said she stepped down for the Winter series but I thought she was still set to return in the summer? And I also thought the Winter version was not doing well in the ratings which seemed to support that they'd want her to return?

by Anonymousreply 140February 16, 2020 11:14 AM

A lot of psychiatrists have young, wealthy and healthy people coming to them, who complain that they don’t feel 100% happy all the time and that therefore there must be something wrong with them.

by Anonymousreply 141February 16, 2020 11:24 AM

R140 Thats exactly what I thought. I’m not a producer for Love Island but I assume that Caroline Flack and the producers agreed that she temporarily step down due to the assault case. They most likely were waiting for things to die down and blow over. I haven’t read anything saying she was fired/ quit. But maybe I’m wrong?

by Anonymousreply 142February 16, 2020 11:28 AM

Reality shows deliberately cast unwell people with personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 143February 16, 2020 12:45 PM

She had a tendency to pick significantly younger boyfriends on the cusp of the celebrity world she was part of: Brady had been on a couple of reality shows and the current one is a never-made-it tennis pro. Her relationship with Brady was clearly tempestuous and he has signalled violence was involved, but he accepted a non-disclosure settlement negotiated by her 'caring' management, so he just went away. The same management is thought to have released at least some of the material relating to her assault case to the press, as part what seems a poorly-thought-out damage-control exercise.

by Anonymousreply 144February 16, 2020 12:54 PM

Funny R40

by Anonymousreply 145February 16, 2020 12:57 PM

Mike Thalassitis had had a number of bereavements leading up to his suicide, as had Sophie Gradon, as well as money problems and long term depression. Neither was anything to do with a drug fueled environment on Love Island. What a silly suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 146February 16, 2020 1:14 PM

Mentally healthy people do not commit suicide. Mentally healthy people do not join the cast of reality shows. The drugs were self-medication and were not effective.

by Anonymousreply 147February 16, 2020 1:20 PM

She was "suspended" from the hosting gig with the understanding that she could return in the summer if the charges proved naught. R138 How would you know if her boyfriend was sleeping or awake? Were you there? Or whose blood was about the flat? Wrist cutting doesn't normally produce splatter.

by Anonymousreply 148February 16, 2020 1:25 PM

Whether the blood was from cutting her wrists or from the boyfriend’s head... it doesn’t make her look that great. Same difference.

by Anonymousreply 149February 16, 2020 1:54 PM

Don't be daft, R5.

by Anonymousreply 150February 16, 2020 2:33 PM

Yes, r13, she had that long oval face and blonde hair look that many men find alluring.

by Anonymousreply 151February 16, 2020 2:34 PM

Oh, r57?

by Anonymousreply 152February 16, 2020 2:39 PM

I think single, childless white women hitting middle age and suddenly offing themselves is going to becoming a real "thing" for my generation.

by Anonymousreply 153February 16, 2020 3:38 PM

R153, it will be reported more via social media in your generation, but women have been committing suicide forever, single, childless, or married with kids.

Polite society never spoke of it. Infanticide was also HUGE, and people didn’t start going to jail for it, until the late 1960s, when child abuse legislation was finally introduced.

by Anonymousreply 154February 16, 2020 4:09 PM

r153 How do you mean and what extent of an increase are you expecting?

by Anonymousreply 155February 16, 2020 4:31 PM

People in Trumplandia are complaining about the UK justice system?

by Anonymousreply 156February 16, 2020 4:44 PM

#135 = David Sedaris, on his speaking tour in Mongolia

by Anonymousreply 157February 16, 2020 4:49 PM

R144 Darling she was a cougar beard for several baby gay cubs. Flack was a low grade gay courtesan.

by Anonymousreply 158February 16, 2020 5:58 PM

To who, R158?

by Anonymousreply 159February 16, 2020 6:27 PM

The ex bf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 16, 2020 8:01 PM

Andrew Brady is hot too, and totally wants to fuck trannies so is pretty gay adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 161February 16, 2020 8:05 PM

It is strange that there seems to be a developing consensus that the CPS shouldn't have pursued the case, because Burton didn't want them to.

If Flack were a man and Burton a woman, and the police discovered the female partner with a visible, lamp-inflicted wound on her head, but she begged them not to do anything because 'he didn't really MEAN it', then, well......

by Anonymousreply 162February 16, 2020 8:22 PM

Traditional male-female domestic abuse cases are often ignored. And wifes/girlfriends often walk back initial complaints.

by Anonymousreply 163February 16, 2020 8:24 PM

R163 Doubt there would have been an incipient media campaign against the CPS though.

by Anonymousreply 164February 16, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote] Andrew Brady is hot too, and totally wants to fuck trannies so is pretty gay adjacent.

Where did you hear that R161. I'm not sure how that is gay-adjacent...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 16, 2020 9:18 PM

That pic is camp as a row of tents.

by Anonymousreply 166February 16, 2020 9:22 PM

1.4 million Americans attempt suicide every year. Imagine how many more seriously consider it. Legalize hallucinogens.

by Anonymousreply 167February 16, 2020 9:28 PM

What about that reality series she hosted which is now shelved. Is it called The Surjury? In which 12 people decide if someone should go ahead and get plastic surgery? What a repulsive sounding show.

by Anonymousreply 168February 16, 2020 10:27 PM

The Daily Mail showed pictures of the outside of her home and I was shocked at how even a television presenter has to live in a shithole because London is so expensive.

by Anonymousreply 169February 16, 2020 10:34 PM

Andrew Brady became really close with Courtney Act during his time in Big Brother. They remained friends after the show. After Brady and Caroline split Andrew went to Australia and is still there. He was in Sydney when he found out the news of Caroline's death. Courtney is in Sydney as well. Safe to surmise that Courtney has been close with Andrew as he spent time getting over his broken relationship but that doesn't mean he's fucking Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 170February 16, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] The Daily Mail showed pictures of the outside of her home and I was shocked at how even a television presenter has to live in a shithole because London is so expensive.

What was wrong with the outside of her home?

Tell us more about Andy Brady, he sounds intriguing. Shall we start an Andy Brady thread.

by Anonymousreply 171February 16, 2020 11:10 PM

I haven't read much on this but I think she was living somewhere different recently. She had lived in Islington.

by Anonymousreply 172February 16, 2020 11:14 PM

Is Andy fucking Courtney?

by Anonymousreply 173February 16, 2020 11:14 PM

One article I ran across said that Caroline had come to the states for a bit but had returned recently to the UK.

Andy did not seem as if Courtney could turn him when they were on Big Brother together but he was madly attracted to Courtney. Who knows, he was heartbroken when we went to OZ maybe Courtney helped him get over it?

by Anonymousreply 174February 17, 2020 1:17 AM

R127, this was a criminal case, not a civil case (i.e. the Crown/State vs. an alleged law-breaker). In a criminal case, if there is significant surrounding physical evidence of a state law being broken (e.g. assault / battery / dangerous criminal behaviour, etc), the prosecution (CPS) doesn’t necessarily need a cooperating witness. Moreover, the English court system has the analogue of a subpoena (called a “witness summons”) which can make a witness give evidence under oath, in the public interest and to ensure the public’s safety.

A former chief prosecutor in England recently clarified the issue:

[quote] “Let me explain why “victimless” prosecutions (evidence-based prosecutions as they are actually known) are pursued in the public interest if a “victim” does not or cannot support the case. Last year [2019] there were 750,000 reports of domestic abuse to police, only 75,000 were prosecuted, and 75% convicted. There were 120+ domestic homicides, each of these were obviously prosecuted without victims’ evidence. It's to avoid the latter that prosecutors pursue the former. But only when there are allegations of serious violence and there is other strong evidence available such as 999 call recordings, police body-worn camera, statements and interview.

[quote] “Sometimes you need to protect someone even when they can't see it themselves. However, you must judge each case on its merits. Prosecutors make decisions without fear or favour - I can assure you the celebrity status or otherwise is irrelevant. Most offenders prosecuted aren’t even famous in their own homes.”

by Anonymousreply 175February 17, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote] YOU are example of the DISEASE of social media. Your excitement and glee at the pain of others comes through pointedly.

[quote] But let's be honest, from your post and assumptions that you made of Caroline from The Sun and the Daily Mail show its very very clear the type of person you are. Judgemental, mean spirited, believing of the tabloids and hateful of others success, gleeful in their downfall.

Caroline Flack’s Super-Stan @ R139, you are worse than Janbot. Where in my post did your paranoid pea-brain find “excitement and glee at the pain / downfall of others”? What “assumptions” did I make of “Caroline”? The ones reported by the MET POLICE? You are clearly over-emotional and easily trigerred about any critical analysis of this case - which results in you strawmanning and [italic]projecting[/italic] your own demented ideas onto other posters. Talk about “judgemental”. Physican, heal thyself.

And I’m not on “social media” - so your bizarre outbursts (“YOU are example of the DISEASE of social media!”) are your own nutty projections. So quit projecting like a nut and calm down. Otherwise you’ll wind yourself up so much that you’ll get into a downward mental health spiral and risk ending up like Flack.

[quote] Maybe you should be the one getting help?

What are you even ranting about - I said Flack needed further professional psychiatric help & monitoring. And, what, your response is that she DIDN’T and that I need it? It triggers you so much that people suggest that suicidal people with long-term depression need psychiatric assistance? JFC. Well, good job - a blasé attitude like [italic]yours[/italic] left her [italic]alone, unsupervised[/italic] at home where she proceeded to hang herself.

[quote] I worked with Caroline on her last series as I stated

And? So what? First of all, you’re unverified and anonymous - virtually any crazy stan from North Korea or Mongolia can log in here and claim to be Flack’s dog-walker or hairdresser.

Secondly, even if you did work with her on some random project - doesn’t appear you knew her that well. Because you have your head stuck in the sand and blindly insist “Flack wasn’t violent!”. Just because she didn’t punch people on set - does not necessarily mean she wasn’t violent in other situations. Flack was clearly capable of violence due to some mental issues - otherwise people with head injuries wouldn’t be calling the POLICE.

Also, if you had really known her better than others - you’d then have known she was suicidal and would have helped try to save your colleague/client. But instead you’re just hollering at strangers on an obscure discussion board and ranting ‘it’s all the evil media!’. Good work, Robin Hood. You sure ‘helped’ her (not). Your belated ‘blame-game’ does absolutely nothing for Flack - she’s still dead. You should have spent more of your ‘energy’ saving your colleague/client instead of post-humously throwing useless hissy-fits on Datalounge.

[quote] There are so many inaccuracies in what you wrote- her boyfriend was in bed- not asleep.

Wow, thanks for correcting that all-important detail. Because it matters soo much whether a person is awake in bed or asleep if they’re being illegally assaulted.

And “so many inaccuracies”? Gee, how many exactly? Many is what, 5? 10? 20? Go on, list them. Because so far you’re just blowing hot air.

[quote] Yes Caroline assaulted her boyfriend and made a mistake.

So, what, you’re saying Flack is a liar? She pleaded “not guilty” to assault. So which is it, Caroline Flack’s self-proclaimed expert insider - did she assault a person and lie about it to the court, or did she not assault a person? Because you’re strangely acting all offended on her behalf while contradicting Flack’s own statement.

by Anonymousreply 176February 17, 2020 4:56 AM

^R138, that is (sorry, 139)

by Anonymousreply 177February 17, 2020 4:58 AM

If you're never ever going to find happiness....no. I guess you should always keep trying.

by Anonymousreply 178February 17, 2020 5:00 AM

[Quote] If you're never ever going to find happiness....no. I guess you should always keep trying.

As Aimee Mann sang: "Sometimes it takes a lifetime to get what you need."

by Anonymousreply 179February 17, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote] Please don’t blame her family for not taking care of her. It is incredibly difficult to make a grown adult (on another continent!) do ANYTHING, especially when they are mentally ill. If it were solely up to her family, she’d be alive and well, probably in a nice rehab or hospital being medicated.

R135, Flack’s family was not on “another continent” - Flack was in Britain and her family was in Britain too. Not fully blaming them, but wondering where the heck they were.

Why did her family leave her alone on Valentine’s Day? The week around Valentine’s and Christmas are 2 of the most dangerous periods for people with suicidal tendencies. Flack committed suicide right the next day after Valentine’s. Apparently a friend became worried for her and stayed with her overnight on Valentine’s - but where was the family?

by Anonymousreply 180February 17, 2020 5:33 AM

is it being mentally ill to end your suffering?

is it mentally ill to remove yourself from a situation that's filled with pain and heartache?

by Anonymousreply 181February 17, 2020 5:38 AM

I'm the guy who started a thread 18 months ago almost after my best friend committed suicide.

Since then I've stayed in touch with his widow and the family a little. I haven't wanted to be intrusive; he was the friend. But I'm here.

I reposted a lot of things from my pal's family and friends on suicide prevention.

I think I've only had one friend reach out to me and asked me if I'm ok; my friend knows about my loss. I tell her I'm fine. But it's a little sad that NO ONE ELSE has reached out to me asking me how I'm doing.

I'm not like my pal; I probably won't do what he did.

But instead I'll just be freaking sad all the time.

I do think sometimes it's better to get out.

by Anonymousreply 182February 17, 2020 5:41 AM

Yes. Exercise can't help with depression.

by Anonymousreply 183February 17, 2020 5:52 AM

She needed some serious time in the booby hatch. Everyone feels so sorry for her, which I understand to some extent, but blaming the press? No. I have more sympathy for the men she dated who thought they were getting one thing but instead got a crazy manipulative bitch who liked to try to kill them whilst framing them as her abusers. She wasn't just a danger to herself.

by Anonymousreply 184February 17, 2020 7:11 AM

[Quote] the men she dated who thought they were getting one thing but instead got a crazy manipulative bitch who liked to try to kill them whilst framing them as her abusers.

I doubt it was as pulpy as all that.

by Anonymousreply 185February 17, 2020 7:13 AM

R195: Tell that to the guy picking lamp shards out of his head, wiping up her slit wrist blood, and changing his locks.

by Anonymousreply 186February 17, 2020 7:26 AM

R180 yeah, it’s her family’s fault she killed herself. They were all supposed to move in with her and watch her 24/7 and remove all belts and shoelaces and sharp objects.

If only everyone had a family member like you, suicide would never happen.

by Anonymousreply 187February 17, 2020 12:29 PM

Creepy. She couldn’t have picked a better house for a hanging. I wonder if that was her plan all along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 17, 2020 1:17 PM

Caroline was known to beard, how is that not discussed on this site?

Clearly some sort of metal/drug or alcohol problems were at play as well.

Anything tied to Cowell seems to be twisted and dark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 17, 2020 1:27 PM

She slit her wrists and she had time to assault her boyfriend while he’s asleep? She didn’t do a good job with the first suicide attempt.

by Anonymousreply 190February 17, 2020 1:30 PM

Maybe she was sad when Richard Madden unfollowed her Instagram last week.

by Anonymousreply 191February 17, 2020 1:31 PM

Google it and learn, R159.

Sad, but clearly a very damaged and violent person.

by Anonymousreply 192February 17, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote] usually with histrionic personality disorder

Wait, this is a thing?

Uh oh.

by Anonymousreply 193February 17, 2020 1:37 PM

R182, how are you? I mean really, how are you?

I may be just some anonymous dude on a message board, but I care how you’re doing.

We’re like a family here. We may not all get along, we may hate each other at times, but when the chips are down, we all care for our fellow gays.

by Anonymousreply 194February 17, 2020 1:40 PM

R187, you lack reading comprehension. Read posts before replying them.

Nobody said her whole family had to “move in with her 24/7”. But everyone knows that Valentine’s Day is a very dangerous period for suicides, it’s a common, classic “trigger” day - especially given that she was in court specifically over a love-relationship alleged crime.

If you want to keep a suicidal person alive (especially one who just had a love relationship publicly implode) - maybe at the very least don’t abandon them on Valentine’s. Invite them over to the parents’ house or at least make a family visit. She had 2 parents and 3 siblings - and yet it seems no family members were around her on Valentine’s. It’s not a coincidence that a mentally troubled person with an imploded love relationship killed themselves around Valentine’s.

by Anonymousreply 195February 17, 2020 1:54 PM

*replying to them, that is

by Anonymousreply 196February 17, 2020 1:55 PM

Her fucking Harry Styles when he was 17 was gross.. mostly because he looked like he was actually 12.

by Anonymousreply 197February 17, 2020 2:28 PM

Valentines Day isn't a family holiday, r195. I'm a widow, and got through it, FGS. My best friend, married, spent her day taking her mother to a doctor's appointment and food shopping.

It really doesn't loom as large as you're trying to make it. Do you see house and yard decorations? Are there mall characters for the kids, like Santa or the Easter Bunny? Are there parades, like at Halloween and Thanksgiving?

Charlie Brown never got a Valentine from the Little Red-Haired Girl, and we learned that life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 198February 17, 2020 2:33 PM

Her boyfriend is indeed pretty fucking hot

by Anonymousreply 199February 17, 2020 2:38 PM

R197, it was a PR rx. You can relax now.

by Anonymousreply 200February 17, 2020 2:55 PM

[quote] Are there mall characters for the kids, like Santa or the Easter Bunny?

What do you mean characters?

by Anonymousreply 201February 17, 2020 2:56 PM

R198, again - reading comprehension, try it. Nobody said it was a “family holiday”, “FGS”. But the daughter was SUICIDAL (and already BLED from sharp glass just recently), her love relationship with her partner had just turned disastrous, she was just about to go to criminal COURT over a “crime of passion” and Valentine’s Day (a TRIGGER DAY for a suicidee) was coming up. One doesn’t need to be Einstein to put 2 + 2 together and understand that she was at an extremely high risk of self-harm or suicide around Valentine’s - given her specific background.

Even her professional film crew from work understood that leaving her alone in this situation was risky. The crew was reportedly checking up on her and some hairstylist or producer friend stayed over. But where was the family? One can’t trust such a delicate job to work colleagues, to take care of a suicidee during a dangerous trigger day - it’s in the parents’ / family’s interest to personally do this job.

by Anonymousreply 202February 17, 2020 3:00 PM

She had likely been spiralliing for decades, R202. We cannot control other people. She should have been sectioned.

by Anonymousreply 203February 17, 2020 3:12 PM

"Her fucking Harry Styles when he was 17 was gross.. mostly because he looked like he was actually 12."

I doubt they ever had sex

by Anonymousreply 204February 17, 2020 4:26 PM

R189 We have been talking about Flack being a low grade gay courtesan....where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 205February 17, 2020 4:27 PM

Low grade?!?!

by Anonymousreply 206February 17, 2020 4:28 PM

R202 She was a Scorpio. That sign is the most likely to hide their suicidal tendencies from their loved ones. They are born to kill themselves. The zodiac reveals it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207February 17, 2020 4:34 PM

I'm American, and had no idea who this woman was until Saturday night when TMZ reported her death. But I ended up being curious about her and Googled her, and saw a lot of people on twitter blaming the British press and social media for her suicide.

Especially assholes like Peirs Morgan. Can't stand his fugly ass.bfrom what I saw, a lot of people were saying that she was troubled, but still a good person who hit a few bumps in the road. It sounds like, and I'm only going by what I see as an onlooker from across the Atlantic. But it seems the UK has a very toxic media and social media culture, even more so then here in America. Why is that? What is it about the British press that hounds people literally into the grave? And are there any laws on the press in the UK?

Also, I thought Caroline was an attractive woman. I also think she's a cross between Kim Zolciak and Khloe Kardashian in looks. Am I the only one?

But sorry this woman took her life. She must've felt very desperate to do so.

by Anonymousreply 208February 17, 2020 4:40 PM

[Quote] But it seems the UK has a very toxic media and social media culture, even more so then here in America. Why is that? What is it about the British press that hounds people literally into the grave? And are there any laws on the press in the UK?

Americans are more shameless?

by Anonymousreply 209February 17, 2020 5:02 PM

With all the bearding, did she have a special lady friend?

by Anonymousreply 210February 17, 2020 5:07 PM

R52 cause overdosing on drugs doesn't work in most cases and hanging yourself does. Also, if it's spur of the moment thing, then you don't really have any energy to go out and search for drugs

by Anonymousreply 211February 17, 2020 5:17 PM

She was hardly bearding for grade-Z wannabee celebs. The trial was only in a magistrate's court, so no jury, for a fairly modest set of charges and with no previous record, she would almost certainly have got no more than a suspended sentence - maybe just a conditional discharge. Her career might have dipped, but probably wasn't over.

by Anonymousreply 212February 17, 2020 5:18 PM

R210 the only bearding was in your delusional head

by Anonymousreply 213February 17, 2020 5:18 PM

[Quote] She was hardly bearding for grade-Z wannabee celebs.

Why, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 214February 17, 2020 5:19 PM

R205, been right here, reading post after post about her boyfriends and cougar conquests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215February 17, 2020 5:19 PM

Reportedly, the Court preventatively ordered her partner to not contact her for a specific time period during the court case (because Flack & her partner were in relationship that recently turned violent). He violated the Court’s order, sent her a Valentine’s message on the 14th and then she committed suicide on the 15th.

by Anonymousreply 216February 17, 2020 5:50 PM

*in a relationship

by Anonymousreply 217February 17, 2020 5:51 PM

How do we know he sent a msg, R216?

by Anonymousreply 218February 17, 2020 5:56 PM

R218, Sky News reported it: “Lewis Burton posted a photo of himself and Caroline Flack on Instagram on Valentine's Day, despite a ban on contact.”

by Anonymousreply 219February 17, 2020 6:43 PM

R212 Which is why she must have had serious mental illness to off herself over something so trivial.

by Anonymousreply 220February 17, 2020 6:49 PM

Andrew Brady on Stories:

[quote]Her managers Francis and Louise you knew she was depressed. And you PR wankers who did nothing to protect her. I hope that 20% kills you you. You cunts! You make me sick! You knew she needed help and you did fuckall. You paraded her life across the British press like a fucking sitcom.

I’m linking to Gramho for those who don’t have an Instagram account. He posted four hours ago, so it should remain for another twenty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 17, 2020 6:55 PM

It clearly did not feel trivial to her.

What good would come of violating the court order? What a mess.

Was she known to have issues with drugs or drink earlier? Or was it all covered up? Cowell has some pretty powerful PR contacts around his shows.

by Anonymousreply 222February 17, 2020 7:15 PM

R221 What specifically does Andrew Brady think that they should have done? And I wouldn't be too sure that they didn't try to help her. I'm sorry that she took her own life but I suspect that she was borderline . One of the hallmarks of borderlines is an uncanny ability to turn people against each other. I've seen it again and again. Everything revolves around placing the borderlines needs above everyone else until everyone is completely drained emotionally and tearing each other to shreds.

Flack needed intensive therapy and meds but she would have to be willing to pursue this herself. Very unfortunate and sad situation regardless but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that no one tried to help.

by Anonymousreply 223February 17, 2020 8:56 PM

Agree, R223, I have seen it too.

This is a very sad situation but blaming people at this point accomplishes nothing. The entertainment world is an ugly business and it tends to atract a lot of broken people and mercenary people. None of this is a revalation.

by Anonymousreply 224February 17, 2020 11:22 PM

Sure, he says that now.

ITV director Kevin Lygo responded with a statement saying, “Caroline was part of Love Island from the very beginning and her passion, dedication and boundless energy contributed to the show’s success. After Caroline stepped down from the show, ITV made it clear that the door was left open for her to return and the Love Island production team remained in regular contact with her and continued to offer support over the last few months.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225February 18, 2020 12:21 AM

R208 No you are not the only one. In most photos she looks rode hard and put away wet.

by Anonymousreply 226February 18, 2020 12:41 PM

Isn't Andrew Brady the ex-boyfriend who said he wasn't surprised about the assault allegations last year? Tweeting about his past relationship although he even signed a NDA is really classy and provided the tabloids even more fodder. Now he's whining about it all in a ridiculous rant on IG. He commented on her situation on social media and should keep his mouth shut now because he was complicit in her demise. What did he do to help her? He's sorry his parents, friends and new girlfriend read about him in the news. Hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 227February 18, 2020 1:30 PM

She was upset Madden unfollowed her last week. Must’ve been the last straw for her.

by Anonymousreply 228February 18, 2020 1:31 PM

R101 Kobe was not found guilty and he didn't commit suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 18, 2020 1:45 PM

^ I thought Kobe settled out of court?

Anyway, I've just discovered Caroline Flack was Bubbles in Bo Selecta. That's probably the only show I've seen her in.

by Anonymousreply 230February 18, 2020 1:52 PM

SHE killed herself. No one else did.

It wasn’t her family’s fault. It wasn’t her producer’s fault. It wasn’t her boyfriend’s fault. It was her illness unchecked.

She had a friend with her, and when the friend stepped out, Caroline hanged herself. And let’s take a moment to feel for that friend. Imagine you know your friend is feeling low, feeling like they maybe shouldn’t be alone. You go to their apartment and keep them company. Maybe they refuse to eat the chicken soup you brought and they say what they could really go for is some Diet Dr. Pepper. So you pop out to get some and you come back and find them dead of suicide That would really suck. IT’S THE FRIEND’S FAULT!

by Anonymousreply 231February 18, 2020 2:14 PM

What happens to her social media accounts? Will IG etc eventually delete them? It's just creepy that her accounts are still there like she was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 232February 18, 2020 2:26 PM

R221 Flack must have fucked up his brain when she hit him with that lamp! What a lunatic he is. He even wanted to stay with her after she assaulted him with said lamp in his sleep. What a sick fuck he turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 233February 18, 2020 3:35 PM

R232 that will be up to whoever is handling her estate and how they would like the account to be used in the future. Given how things seemed with her over the past months, I won’t be surprised if eventually they shut down her social media accounts.

by Anonymousreply 234February 18, 2020 4:59 PM

Well. The UK authorities sure like to leak info and pictures to the tabloids. It happens here once in a while but it's like Whitney and Jacko and James Brown and it's always their desperate immediate family (ie Dionne Warwick, Latoya) with a hidden cell in their bag.

by Anonymousreply 235February 18, 2020 6:33 PM

The blood on the bed at R229 has a strange color. Looks more like wine or juice to me tbh. You'd think the police know what human blood looks like though...

by Anonymousreply 236February 18, 2020 6:47 PM

Whoever took and sold that pic should be thrown to the wolves.

by Anonymousreply 237February 18, 2020 6:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 19, 2020 12:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 19, 2020 12:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!