Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can we talk about Adele’s regression?

Her first album was perfect Blue-eyed soul. The second one was very pop friendly but she was still the same artist at heart. The last album was Celine Dion inspired drivel. She completely sold out and she was still rewarded and praised for it. The Pop Divas of the 90s were born in the wrong period. The bar is so fucking low now, they’d have critical acclaim to their names too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2020 12:33 AM

Most overrated singer ever. Her voice always sounds faintly flat.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2020 11:51 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2020 5:45 PM

I agree that her last album was very weak. I never listen to it.

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2020 5:49 PM

I never found her voice that special. And now that she’s no longer 300lbs all her fans aren’t going to worship her...

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2020 5:52 PM

Her next album will be called 31 even though she looks 40.

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2020 6:00 PM

OT: Is Taylor Swift now in decline?

Her new single debuted at 50 on Billboard even though it had the support of publicity for her Netflix documentary.

She used to debut songs in the Top 10.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote]Her next album will be called 31 even though she looks 40.

No, her next album will be called 87 -- because it will be her weight.

by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2020 6:08 PM

She’s worth a fortune. She had a good run. She should just retire.

by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2020 6:11 PM

Her big ace card as a singer is that windtunnel effect when she really belts it out, like in Hello or whatever. Besides that she's nothing too special. Now we'll get to watch her decline into eccentric, anorexic middle aged rich white British lady. She'll become a fixture like Elton John and everyone will know she should have hung it up years ago but she'll always be there, at every party, every awards gala, every interview opportunity, every one of a half dozen Really Truly Final Last Retirement Tour.

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2020 6:17 PM

I can't wait for her Broadway jukebox musical.

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2020 6:25 PM

Speaking of downfalls . . .

I just checked ticket prices for Justin Bieber's concert in Atlanta. Less than $50/ticket!

by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2020 10:22 PM

Less than $50/ticket!

Still more than Bill and Hillary's lecture tour.

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2020 10:28 PM

R12 But not as much as Donald has to pay people on Craiglist to stand behind him at his rallies.

by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2020 10:34 PM

r8 A good run? She only has three albums.

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 9:14 PM

Her new album is coming in September. I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful as her last two. She's over 30 now and not as hot as she used to be. I think Rihanna and Gaga are going to be in the same boat.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 9:25 PM

Her voice will be much weaker now that she lost the weight. There's a reason most opera singers are fat, and she's far from an opera singer.

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2020 10:19 PM

Definition of white privilege. Jazmine Sullivan should've been bigger than her.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2020 10:22 PM

r15

Disagree about Rihanna. She's hot RN and is universally adored. She's brilliant.

Yeah Gaga is done.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2020 10:26 PM

Her best song was Pavements and her next best song was her rendition of George Michael's Fast Love. Nothing else between or after. That's all I got. Pop songwriters Have really been wretched for at least a decade, even longer. Horrid music.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2020 10:27 PM

Her new song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2020 1:21 AM

Not a fan. Her new album will be huge. The kids see her as a diva. People actually buy her albums- not just stream. The 3rd lp was the biggest seller two years in a row & sold over 10 million in the usa. I just read about it / her on rolling stone.com. Didn’t know she lost all the pounds. I still won’t buy any of her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2020 1:39 AM

Adele is a decent enough singer, but compared to most of her contemporaries she's a genius. That's why she gets so much acclaim. The music scene has been so full of talentless marketing creations for years now, Adele seems to be much better than she actually is.

If Adele had been around in the 80s or 90s when the field was much more crowded as far as actual talent goes, she wouldn't have had so much acclaim and attention. There was a lot more competition back then.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2020 1:46 AM

I like her and I like her fun personality. She dresses like the mother of the bride while on tour, but acts like a normal 20-something to early 30 pop star off stage. She's close to my age and I like her harmless additions to the music scene.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2020 5:24 AM

r23 Shut up Queer

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2020 10:32 PM

That sort of adult-oriented mainstream pop seems like such a distant memory now, basically dead. In the early 00s, people like Sting or Celine Dion still had massive pop radio hits. Adele is one of very few remaining acts in that genre, without much competition in an under-served market.

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2020 10:50 PM

It's all 20 year-old whores now, no music for adults in pop anymoe.

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2020 10:52 PM

I hated chasing pavements.

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2020 10:57 PM

r26 pop girls have been acting like whores since the 80s. I don't know why you're acting like this is something new. Acting like a whore is fun and liberating. It's all harmless fun geared more towards their female rather than male audiences since most men don't listen to pop females.

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2020 11:03 PM

r28 they're ALL pole dancers now, though. It's not at all like it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2020 11:05 PM

I'm curious what her voice will sound like on the next record. No doubt that surgery affected her voice - and not for the better.

I think she's going to be like Mariah and by her 40s won't be able to sing or at least not sound half as good as she did in her 20s or 30s.

by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2020 11:08 PM

It is just matching the times r29. Somehow Madonna in a wedding dress talking about being a virgin was oh so shocking, now it's not that shocking. Girls aren't going topless on stage or anything and sex appeal has changed. You might just be older so it's no longer cute. In a decade I might feel the same way, but woman have always been acting like sluts in pop music because they've been modeling Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 31March 22, 2020 11:08 PM

I actually like Adele, I’m records. Her producer brings out lots of emotion and color in her voice.

Oddly, when she sings live, she doesn’t have the same attraction

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2020 11:16 PM

I saw her live and she sounded exactly like the records. Great. And, no, it wasn't lip synching.

by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2020 11:40 PM

r31 we've had sluts in pop music for decades, but now they're ALL sluts. There's no variety. Even when Madonna was a slut in the 80s we still had Sade and Annie Lennox, among others.

by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2020 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!