Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obama is endorsing Bloomberg in Bloomberg's campaign ads

Is he not endorsing Biden? That seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2020 11:30 AM

For the millionth time, he is NOT endorsing him. The ads are from the past, it says so at the bottom of the commercial. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2020 11:32 PM

He is not endorsing anyone right now OP. Some people, you really need to spell things out for them.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2020 11:32 PM

Drop-out Bill deBlasio is endorsing Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2020 11:34 PM

You saw a brief snippet of Obama introducing Bloomberg at some random event. You did not see Obama saying "I endorse Bloomberg for President."

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2020 11:48 PM

The ad is obviously intended to mislead people into thinking it's an Obama endorsement. I wish Obama would come out and disavow this.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2020 11:52 PM

It’s intended to inform not mislead anyone, so there is nothing to disavow — which is why it has been running for weeks and Obama hasn't said a word about it. It is entirely factual, it’s not an endorsement of Bloomberg to be president, and they prominently display the dates Obama made the favorable statements, all of which accurately represent what he said.

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2020 12:08 AM

Bloomberg buys his way. New York City has a Two Term Limit for Mayor. Mike paid-off City Council members to allow his third term.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2020 12:27 AM

I imagine Pres. Obama will endorse whoever has he best chance at getting the nomination and he won't do that until quite close to the convention once the front runner is apparent. Personally I think once they get to the south and the middle America states you're going to see Biden soar ahead of all the others

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2020 12:30 AM

Obama wanted Deval Patrick to enter the race much sooner, and Michelle even persuaded his wife to convince him to run.

Obama even talked to Eric Holder about throwing his hat in the ring.

People desperately want there to be this unwavering loyalty and kinship between Obama and Biden, but it just doesn't seem like there is. I'm sure he no doubt respects Biden as a person and for what he did as his VP, but that's not the same as running for President.

I don't think Biden's campaign is going to improve. He might win a state or two at the very most, but he's visibly run out of steam. His appearance on The View yesterday spelled that out in glaring neon colors.

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2020 12:44 AM

What IF Obama endorsed Bloomberg? Would it influence you at all?

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2020 2:32 AM

Idiots are easily influenced R10.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2020 5:43 AM

[quote] Personally I think once they get to the south and the middle America states you're going to see Biden soar ahead of all the others

While I like Joe, your analysis would appear to express hope more than the reality of the situation. Biden has performed poorly in the first two states, and now has a air of desperation about him — that is never a good look. He’s the former VP of the United States, and yet, he doesn’t come off as a winner.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2020 11:11 AM

Obama did say Pete was the future of the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2020 11:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!