Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Project Runway Season 18 - Part 3

All the other threads are either paywalled or can't load.

So lets try this again...

by Anonymousreply 424April 24, 2020 10:05 PM

I can't believe that Delvin was eliminated.

He's obnoxious, but that was total bullshit.

Delvin's design was at least finished and met the challenge.

Victoria's outfit looked like DOG SHIT. Absolute DOG SHIT.

These judges are ridiculous and completely out of touch.

They have no idea what they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2020 5:28 AM

I'm so sick of Geoffrey.

He is such a goddamned whiner!

He does nothing but complain. Even when he wins!

Shut the fuck up, and just say THANK YOU! Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2020 5:29 AM

Sergio should have won the challenge.

His dress was perfection, in color and design.

I can't imagine Geoffrey's dress "flying off the shelves," but I know that many, many women would buy Sergio's dress.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2020 5:30 AM

Sergio's dress was very beautiful and looked like a dream on his model. But for a tie dye challenge, I understand why Geoffrey won. Siriano does so much more than Tim Gunn did for the contestants. Sometimes too much. He basically told Geoffrey how to design for that ugly ass color and it was the ideal dress and very chic in the end.

I understand why Delvin went home. They could have both been eliminated but Victoria is a better designer. Not this episode. Delvin's colours were grotesque. Handsome guy; cute as fuck in that onesie.

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2020 5:37 AM

Shitsshow.

Victoria’s dress was one of THE worst things I’ve ever seen on Project Runway. Just a complete nightmare. That was the worst of the night BY FAR.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Be careful what’s you say about Victoria, R5. No-talent, Eastern European whores have a way of becoming America’s First Ladies.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2020 8:15 AM

Even SHE knew it, R5.

Which makes it even more mind boggling that they eliminated Delvin.

The producers must really have wanted to kick him off the show, because there is NO WAY in hell she should have stayed.

What ever happened to "one day you're in, the next day, you're out?"

It's supposed to be based on individual challenges, and NOT your body of work.

Therefore, anyone with EYES should have known that Victoria was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2020 9:13 AM

For the first time, I think that the judges at least got the top three correct.

However, Sergio deserved the win, and not crybaby Geoffrey.

Btw, is Geoffrey a manic depressive? He comes across as someone who is extremely damaged and emotional, and probably suffers from bipolar disorder. He's like a high-strung and nervous little Chihuahua, that's ready to bite you at any second.

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2020 11:03 AM

After shading Nancy, I'm thrilled that cunt Delvin was eliminated. Just too bad they didn't axe Vic-whoria as well.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2020 12:23 PM

Why does Geoffrey whine and complain so much?

Is something wrong with him? He seems chronically depressed.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2020 2:55 PM

Sorry to see Delvin go. He looked nice, usually designs well, and he showed his funny side goofing off in the onesie. I am so over Victoria, her personality and her designs.

I believe Sergio's dress was too muted and Geoffrey's dye dress was much stronger. That's why he won (and the guest judge, Leslie Jones, loved it so much). Though I do think Sergio's dress showed more craftsmanship while Geoffrey's dress made it look like the model hand no breasts at all.

I didn't like Nancy's design. The dye job may have been perfect, but the pants and top needed more time and work.

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2020 4:15 PM

I loved Geoffrey's gown, Sergios, while pretty ,was so 1950. Geoffrey always seems depressed, maybe because he's been in the business so long and hasn't made it.

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2020 5:00 PM

I loved Geoffrey’s dress as well. Sergio’s was beautiful, too. Moldova’s had bird shit on the leg and a scrunchie for a top.

Brandon is a mean girl at heart. If you watch him closely, he is always side glancing at the other judges trying to make eye contact so he can whisper or roll his eyes. He tried really hard to do that last night when Geoffrey was being Debbie Downer, but he was ignored and had to just sit there.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2020 7:33 PM

Geoffrey is like a dusty gay relic from when there was a leather scene. Why does he wear that weird leather sling, with the pocket on his armpit. Aside from looking stupid, isn't it also uncomfortable?

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote] Brandon is a mean girl at heart. If you watch him closely, he is always side glancing at the other judges trying to make eye contact so he can whisper or roll his eyes. He tried really hard to do that last night when Geoffrey was being Debbie Downer

I don't blame Brandon at all.

Geoffrey won the fucking challenge, and yet he was STILL on the verge of tears, and listing all of his complaints.

I wish he would just SHUT THE FUCK UP and enjoy his win. Instead, he used that moment to COMPLAIN (once again) and then try to make everyone feel sorry for him.

Sorry, but the bitch is TOXIC. I avoid people like Geoffrey. They bring nothing but negativity.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2020 8:29 PM

I missed the show. What political statement did Sergio make with his tie-dye?

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2020 11:26 PM

R16, Water Sports Matter.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2020 11:27 PM

LOL R17

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2020 11:28 PM

Sergio should have won. His silhouette, construction and fabric were all top notch. Geoffrey’s tie dyed fabric was gorgeous, but it was an accident, and the silhouette was kind of pedestrian . It was obvious that Sergio completely controlled all aspects of his design. I have hated a number of Sergio’s looks, and think his political babble verges on ridiculous, but he has shown he can produce tasteful, well constructed designs as well.

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2020 12:36 AM

I imagine Geoffrey was an extra special mess, because of the sleep deprivation.

In a lot of times the judges reward lucky accidents over solid craftsmanship. Remember Sean Kelly's rain dress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2020 1:46 AM

Delvin's was one thousand times better than Victoria's. That was a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2020 1:53 AM

this season seems to have a lot of designers with an inflated notion of themselves...and why won’t this thread show up on my watched threads? Is DL experiencing technical difficulties?...

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2020 2:36 AM

The judges clearly don’t like Sergio personally.

Geoffrey is too much. He’ll never succeed as a big time designer. Too fragile.

Victoria has to go. Her shit outfit this week is reason enough.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 9:01 AM

NO one likes Sergio. They seem to see him as a great technician but not particularly innovative. Hell, the put him in the top for his obviously copied tuxedo look. They've been more than fair.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2020 2:16 PM

Sergio suffers from major hubris thinking he can outsmart everyone, including the judges by talking big. But the show delivers some great moments where he is bested and has this "wait, what? This isn't going like it was supposed to!" look on his face. And that makes it a satisfying viewing experience.

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2020 2:44 PM

If you remember last season when y'all were complaining that the new show was TOO woke? So does Sergio. He decided to be extra extra woke in a most contrived way. He's a buffoon. Calling his fake boyfriend Papi. He's a schlubby gimmick. You can tell that none of the designers like him either. He's talented enough, but not revolutionary, as he imagines. There have been a lot of Sergios on Project Runway over the years.

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2020 6:47 PM

What's with all the Geoffrey bashing? He's a sweet, sensitive man with a lot of insecurities who, unlike many of his co-competitors, doesn't take it out on those around him. He's considerate, supportive, empathetic and giving. He probably is depressed and emotionally fragile, which has nothing to do with his value as a person or his character. So far he hasn't been rude or mistreated anyone; in fact, he's shown true concern for his castmates when they've been ill or in the weeds on a challenge. When he expresses vulnerability I'm actually worried about him, not annoyed. I want him to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2020 7:56 PM

[quote] What's with all the Geoffrey bashing? He's a sweet, sensitive man with a lot of insecurities who

[quote] He probably is depressed and emotionally fragile, which has nothing to do with his value as a person or his character

It's fucking annoying.

I just want to shake him and say, "get a fucking grip!!!"

People like Geoffrey are exhausting to be around. It's one "crisis" after another, even though we all know that there's no real crisis. He feeds off of negativity.

The last straw for me, was when he was complaining after he won the last challenge.

Like someone else said, SMILE, say THANK YOU, and then get the fuck off the stage. YOU WON.

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2020 7:59 PM

Geoffrey is definitely depressed and I think he probably suffers from PTSD from his youth. He seems to have a good heart, but he needs to build up his confidence.

by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2020 8:07 PM

Have you all seen the dress I designed to honor the survivors of PTSD? It's the hidden killer of our generation that no one is talking about but me.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2020 8:18 PM

r28 Well thankfully you're not in the mental health profession because that tactic will not work to improve someone's depression. And you don't seem to care about Geoffrey's well being since you're just responding to how much his issues annoy YOU. Perhaps you could benefit from some tips on how to manage stress instead of allowing someone on a TV show to get under your skin so much. I struggle with depression and anxiety and I can say with expert authority that it's much worse for me than it is for anyone who might find me annoying. They can simply disengage. I'm stuck with myself 24/7. I have to actually learn how to manage. And as per r29 , it's a constant ebb and flow. Some days are better than others.

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2020 8:49 PM

Leslie Jones said "Just accept the win" AND she gave Geoffrey a big hug. That was a nice way to deal with the situation. Reinforce the true positive aspect of the moment and comfort him for his distress. Leslie is not liked on DL but she's a sweet woman in real life. She was by far the most loved cast member on SNL, behind the scenes.

That said, Geoffrey didn't need to announce on the runway, in front of the judges and cameras that he was upset that his win meant that one his friends would be going home. Someone would be going home whether he won the challenge or came in second!! He's pretty wrapped up in his own emotions and people like that don't make great friends. He could have just comforted Delvin in private.....

Geoff's got issues, but he isn't malicious. Exhausting, I'll bet.

You made me LOL, R30!

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2020 9:00 PM

Leslie Jones was the best guest judge in the history of Project Runway, and she surprisingly knew what she was talking about. I take back all the mean things I said about her when she was on SNL.

I also liked how she made Elaine uncomfortable by grabbing her.

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2020 9:31 PM

Yes R33. And she was funny too - "That's my dress!! Don't wrinkle my dress, daughter."

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2020 9:40 PM

Anyone who likes PR should listen to Tom and Lorenzo. One can always fast forward to the Project Runway recap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 16, 2020 4:22 PM

Geoffrey. Drugs.

He was practically red the first few episodes. High as a kite.

by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2020 5:05 PM

That's what I was thinking too, R36.

The guy looks and acts like a hard core druggie. Like Jack Mackenroth, except a little bit more talented.

I'm surprised that the show lets him get away with being high. Not only that, they're rewarding him for it, by giving him the win.

by Anonymousreply 37February 16, 2020 5:23 PM

Well that Victoria outfit was a travesty! JFC.

I guess they still have one AA and didn’t need a second one. That’s bullshit.

His outfit really was boring, though.

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2020 3:24 AM

Geoffrey. Man, he can make some nice things but he is the kind of gay whose sensitivity is excruciating. Always with the tears. I don't know him, so it's difficult to say but he reminds me of many of my contemporaries in the 80s who found solace in pop singers, Cher, Cyndi, et al. It all seems rather superficial. In fact, when Lauper was a judge he (tearfully) said that she saved his life. Really? I guess many of us were lucky that we could just be who we were. I guess his family life was strict and conventional. But an insight into his rather shallow thinking is saying that his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all military men so they were all "murderers." I work with someone like this--always with the liberal attitudes that reduce everything to oppression and virtue signaling. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2020 6:24 PM

Geoffrey's military upbringing really did a number on him. I sure bet he's on some heavy medication to manage his anxieties and other issues. Poor guy. I don't know if PR is really the right and healthy environment for a guy like him who can stress out easily.

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2020 6:28 PM

Geoffrey is in the top 6 bitches, and if Victoria keeps it up, he's going to make it to fashion week. I'm actually surprised that more people don't melt down on these tight time frame 16 hour work day reality shows. One of the things that I like about the new Project Runway is that they don't cast people to fight with each other and be snarky. Production doesn't assign them a storyline like they do on Drag Race and ANTM. They do all roll their eyes at Sergio, but how could you not? The contestants genuinely like each other and support one another. Nancy is a doll, and probably the next to go. She's 64 and those are long days they put in. Even after being eliminated they are not allowed to go home of course. They remain sequestered but in a different hotel. It's a stressful gig.

Geoffrey's crazy over Cyndi Lauper was sincere. And there are many gay men who post here everyday who attached themselves to some female singer or actress when they were younger. As a way to cope or think of a way out. It does seem pathetic when you see it play out in real life, but I'm sure that Lauper hears that she saved a young gay life a hundred times a day. Gaga and Cher live on that shit. Cyndi at least consistently works for the community.

Geoffrey is working through his issues with his designs and his personal presentation. I'm sure he knows that his look is ironic. We've seen him in old pictures. He was never a buzzcut military clone queen. This is all therapeutic for him. It's just his current fashion obsession. He can't win of course. There's nothing original about what he does.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2020 7:23 PM

[quote] Nancy is a doll, and probably the next to go. She's 64 and those are long days they put in.

Nonsense. She’s got a million more pantsuits to show the world.

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2020 4:26 PM

No one watching tonight? Nancy's design for the lady in the wheelchair made me teary-eyed. I know, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 43February 21, 2020 3:01 AM

I’m rooting for Nancy to go all the way. She’s a cool gal.

by Anonymousreply 44February 21, 2020 3:02 AM

Okay....

GREAT, that they didn't send anyone home. But, if I had to choose... Well, my bottom 3 looks were Sergio, Victoria, and Brittany (although I loved that black sheath dress she was wearing! It looked good on her)

Sergio, because I agree with Brandon that the top wasn't fitted well. Brittany, because I agree with Nina that her submission was a dress that EVERYONE has seen time and time again. I would have sent the Russian gal home because I'm beyond tired of seeing that same look from her. I've just had it! But, I didn't think she pushed the design enough. The athlete said that she loved Salsa. I think that the Russian gal could have had a bit more of a Salsa influence in her stable design and I wasn't crazy about the material.

Finally, Nancy TRULY DESERVED that win! I just LOVE her attitude!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 21, 2020 3:08 AM

I love that Nancy made it longer than Delvin after he trashed her.

As for my bottom looks, I would have said Geoffrey and Victoria. Geoffrey's dress looked kind of tacky, as did Victoria's.

My win was definitely Nancy - she was thoughtful in her approach, and did an amazing job given the time limit.

by Anonymousreply 46February 21, 2020 3:13 AM

I think that Geoffrey did a fantastic job! The girl wanted a "come and fuck me" dress and that's EXACTLY what he created for her. I think that Elaine was put off by that dress because she knew that was message that the dress was sending. But, I would have to agree with Geoffrey that the dress did not really show his own aesthetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 21, 2020 3:21 AM

A "come fuck me" dress, R47, can still be tasteful and elegant looking. It's the difference between looking like a high-priced hooker and a street-walker. Geoffrey's dress was downright tacky and poorly made. and would fit right in with the street-walking crowd.

by Anonymousreply 48February 21, 2020 3:34 AM

[quote]A "come fuck me" dress, [R47], can still be tasteful and elegant looking.

Nuh-Uh.... Not if you want that message to be sent LOUD and very CLEAR with no other interpretations! Her match-up with Geoffrey was the perfect coupling. He knew EXACTLY where she was coming from and what she wanted. She got it and was thrilled to death

by Anonymousreply 49February 21, 2020 3:42 AM

I am so happy that Nancy finally won a challenge. She is really such an inherently nice woman and she did everything to adapt a dress to her client's challenges.

by Anonymousreply 50February 21, 2020 3:45 AM

In every episode. R50. Nancy is probably the only one that is experiencing 100% complete enjoyment out of this competition. She is just so grateful just to be there.

by Anonymousreply 51February 21, 2020 3:49 AM

The After Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 21, 2020 3:50 AM

I agree with all the comments about Nancy.

LOVE HER!

I want Nancy to win, and crybaby Geoffrey and Soviet Victoria to go the fuck home.

by Anonymousreply 53February 21, 2020 5:21 AM

I think the weakest were between Marquis and Geoffrey. Marquis is my favorite guy there and Jeoffrey has been gaining momentum. They just didn't want to send either of them home. If Britney or Victoria or Nancy had failed hard, I believe they would have been eliminated this week. Nancy is a doll. A real treasure. I hope she has all the success she can achieve at her stage of life. Sergio is just way too precious for me, but he's a lock for the final three. His 6'3" model saved that dress for him.

NOW. Geoffrey's rugby player was beautiful and she did wear the hell out of that poorly fit dress, but as Michael Kors AND Joan Rivers used to say on Fashion Police - you cannot wear short, strapless, shiny and slit at the same time. Slutty, slutty, slutty. Those are hooker clothes. Not even JLo would wear so many sexy design elements at once. Heidi Klum would though.

It's a good season. Nice challenge. Not easy.

by Anonymousreply 54February 21, 2020 8:48 AM

[quote]but as Michael Kors AND Joan Rivers used to say on Fashion Police - you cannot wear short, strapless, shiny and slit at the same time.

Sure you can (see below) "Side Slit Tube Sequin Party Dress dresses to wear to a wedding dresses short dress outfit"

[quote]Slutty, slutty, slutty. Those are hooker clothes.

Well....

As the song goes; "A woman needs love... just like you do"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 21, 2020 10:05 AM

Glad they didn’t send anyone home. Too difficult to work with and please these clients. Glad they didn’t shred the designs in front of clients.

by Anonymousreply 56February 21, 2020 11:21 AM

It truly pisses me off that the judges aren't raking Victoria over the coals for sending the exact same dress down the runway every week. This should've been nipped in the bud weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 57February 21, 2020 12:47 PM

[quote]It truly pisses me off that the judges aren't raking Victoria over the coals for sending the exact same dress down the runway every week.

And yet, everybody else has it thrown in their faces. "Nancy, I've seen that pant before..."

by Anonymousreply 58February 21, 2020 1:15 PM

By setting it up so that TWO designers will go home next week, they are going to work extra hard to find some way to justify sending Nancy home. There is no way they want an “old lady” in the final. I hope I’m wrong, because I’d love to see Nancy’s final collection.

by Anonymousreply 59February 21, 2020 1:19 PM

They won't keep Nancy, R59.

This show is notoriously ageist.

They'd rather keep trashy whore designer Victoria, rather than Nancy.

You can tell they're setting her up, by blaming her for Geoffrey's stain.

by Anonymousreply 60February 21, 2020 4:29 PM

You know what I love about Sergio? He DEFENDS himself.

I can just tell that the judges and producers are trying to write a narrative for him, and they have been desperately trying to take him down.

But he stands up there, and he defends his work, against their (many times baseless) criticisms.

Elaine tried some bullshit tactic on him, saying that he should "highlight" his model's baby bump.

Sergio came back with a solid NO MA'AM. Like, WTF are you talking about, bitch? NO WOMAN wants to look fat in dress. Pregnant, or not.

And he was absolutely right. His dress was tasteful, and he made her look not pregnant, which is what most pregnant women would want in a dress.

Sorry, WOKE Elaine. Sergio just shut your stupid ass DOWN.

by Anonymousreply 61February 21, 2020 4:32 PM

I’m not sure which Sergio to believe, the one who produced the yellow, tie-died dress, or the one who produced that denim get-up with the ruffled train...

by Anonymousreply 62February 21, 2020 5:58 PM

Dyed^^^

by Anonymousreply 63February 21, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote]Elaine tried some bullshit tactic on him, saying that he should "highlight" his model's baby bump.

I didn't understand her criticism there either. The model clearly wanted people to know that she was pregnant. If you ask me, Sergio's submission had too much of a religious overtone for me. "Mother With Child," "Jesus of Nazereth" Jesuit wear, sandal shoes, etc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 21, 2020 6:22 PM

I know that I would like to see a final collection from Marquis. I'm very confident that there will be many cute items strutting down that runway from him. I would add Geoffrey into that too BUT, (and looking at stuff from his web site), I don't believe his aesthetic has a mass appeal other than to freaks like myself, him, and the underground party crew. Geoffrey has actually worn a few of his own creations (like the stretch pant he wore last night) that I have really liked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 21, 2020 6:37 PM

This is Geoffrey's pant (that looks better on him than the model pictured) that he wore in last night's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 21, 2020 6:44 PM

GET RID OF FUCKING ELAINE "WOKE" WELTEROTH!!!

I can't stand the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 67February 21, 2020 7:05 PM

What I hate about Elaine is that her critiques are always given with the focus of "black" or "women" or "black women."

She is so fucking one-dimensional.

I guarantee if anyone else tried to pull that shit, focusing solely on "white" or "white women," they would be CRUCIFIED.

by Anonymousreply 68February 21, 2020 7:07 PM

Can't stand Elaine's taste level. She was the one who didn't like Nancy's outfit, and was pushing for Victoria's awful dress. And I actually liked Geoffrey's dress this time. I thought she looked amazing in it. Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of Marquis. I couldn't believe he actually won for that horrible dress a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was the worst of all of them. (maybe it was the model, she makes everything she wears look bad.) Delvin should be there instead of Marquis. Though Victoria should have been sent home last week. She seems to be on the fast track to one of the finailists, no matter what shit she sends down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 69February 21, 2020 7:23 PM

Elaine likes the Russian Whore look.

by Anonymousreply 70February 21, 2020 7:27 PM

Victoria’s husband gave up his career as a professional soccer player to support her, so . . .

by Anonymousreply 71February 21, 2020 7:28 PM

Did you see the ad that features Elaine (born 1986) saying that when she was growing up (way back at the turn of the century) she never saw anybody who looked like her in the pages of fashion magazines. I wonder what Tyra and Naomi think of that.

by Anonymousreply 72February 21, 2020 7:31 PM

[quote] Victoria’s husband gave up his career as a professional soccer player to support her,

Big mistake. HUGE mistake.

She designs for Russian whores. So unless Melania Trump is willing to be her client, she won't make much money.

[quote] Did you see the ad that features Elaine (born 1986) saying that when she was growing up (way back at the turn of the century) she never saw anybody who looked like her in the pages of fashion magazines. I wonder what Tyra and Naomi think of that.

Absolutely. And I recoiled in disgust.

This "woke" woman is so fake and so phony, I just can't stand the sight of her.

I don't know why she is still a judge on this show.

by Anonymousreply 73February 21, 2020 7:34 PM

[quote]This "woke" woman is so fake and so phony, I just can't stand the sight of her.

OH! But, didn't you just LOVE that genie ostrich pant and her pumps that she wore during the judging of season 18, episode 10???? LOVED IT!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 21, 2020 8:34 PM

It's the height of fashion, R74.

(How can anyone who wears THOSE PANTS, be taken seriously as a fashion judge?)

by Anonymousreply 75February 21, 2020 8:38 PM

Well, girlfriend DOES have a body!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 21, 2020 9:43 PM

Her husband is cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 21, 2020 9:51 PM

Im glad they didn't send anyone home last night. The clothes were all pretty terrible, and no one really worse than the other. Plus the guests were really nice, so it was nice to end it on an up note for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 78February 21, 2020 9:58 PM

Victoria looks like a hooker.

Who would ever buy clothes from her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 21, 2020 9:59 PM

I actually like Victoria’s aesthetic. It’s got a “Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead” fashion show vibe.

Also, she’s from Moldova. Not Russia. How hard is that to remember? It’s mentioned several times per episode

by Anonymousreply 80February 21, 2020 10:02 PM

Victoria's clothes are not as simple as they look. That's why she's there. One look at Geoffrey's mess of a hooch dress tells you that all of Victoria's pattern making skills and bias cuts perfect fit with cutouts and straps and multi piece work looks are both highly conceptual and most of the time beautifully executed. She was dressing a wrestler and made her look like a lean sexy goddess. It's all the red color that muted this runway.

by Anonymousreply 81February 21, 2020 10:02 PM

R65 To that point I'd like to see a whole collection by Nancy, but Victoria and her tacky, cheap, abysmal taste is going to wind up showing instead.

R78 Victoria is always worse.

by Anonymousreply 82February 21, 2020 10:03 PM

Maybe next week Victoria will mix it up and make the left side the long side. Then Nina can proclaim, "this is the Veronica I have been waiting to see!!"

by Anonymousreply 83February 21, 2020 10:06 PM

Then Nina can proclaim, "this is the Veronica I have been waiting to see!!"

Ha! You nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 84February 21, 2020 10:21 PM

I actually recently took some time and went over to Victoria's IG. She has some beautiful pieces. That Russian gal can cut and sew. However, her versatility was not/has not been demonstrated on PR. I have reached the point that I'm tired of just seeing her. But, she'll probably make the finals--based on the other work that I've seen by her. Her designs would sell commercially. Therefore, there's a very good chance that she will win this thing. I could see how a CFDA mentorship could move her and her business to its next level.

I would like to see a whole collection done by Nancy too. But, I don't think that she's going to make it. Yet, I believe that Nancy will do well by this competition. It's just her sheer joy, gratefulness, and appreciation, for having risen this far that even elevates her designs. IMHO, she really made the show even more enjoyable to watch because of her attitude.

Marquis, is another one that's going to do well by this competition-IMHO. For some reason, I just have a suspicion that he and Shavi are going to team up at some point and do a collaboration collection.

by Anonymousreply 85February 21, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]What I hate about Elaine is that her critiques are always given with the focus of "black" or "women" or "black women." I guarantee if anyone else tried to pull that shit, focusing solely on "white" or "white women," they would be CRUCIFIED.

Yes... fashion and cosmetics have always been so inclusive of women of color....

by Anonymousreply 86February 21, 2020 10:33 PM

Marquis seems like a nice guy. Just not a fan of his work or the pieces he designs for himself. He reminds me of those FASHION queens you see at the bars in loafers and bedazzled blazers. The ones who have artwork of the Eiffel Tower or Marilyn Monroe at home.

by Anonymousreply 87February 21, 2020 11:27 PM

I think it was in the plans to eliminate no one this week. The designers were told to dress the young women in clothes they would love, and they did that, despite their own aesthetics. Who wants to be the athlete whose wishes would cause a designer to be eliminated? I think they did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 88February 21, 2020 11:41 PM

Hmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 21, 2020 11:50 PM

I would like to see collections from the remaining 5.

by Anonymousreply 90February 21, 2020 11:54 PM

There are still 6 remaining and 2 of them are going to be eliminated R90. One more after they make their collections. Standard PR. What's not standard is that it's actually hard to predict who will make it and who won't. None of them are stellar, but they are all very talented. I vote for Nancy, Britney, Geoffrey and Marquis. But it's likely that Sergio will be in the final 4, inplace of Nancy or Geoffrey.

by Anonymousreply 91February 22, 2020 12:31 AM

My thoughts R91 is that one of the Texas duo must be included. I cannot see the show knocking them both out without the State of Texas going on a rampage. I think the finale will come down to the Russian gal (she's creative--based on her IG), I'll pick Brittany over Sergio because Sergio's attitude is just rank, Geoffrey because he is creative, and Marquise. But, that photo at R89 makes me wonder if Nancy did make it to the finale.

by Anonymousreply 92February 22, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]Marquis seems like a nice guy. Just not a fan of his work or the pieces he designs for himself. He reminds me of those FASHION queens you see at the bars in loafers and bedazzled blazers. The ones who have artwork of the Eiffel Tower or Marilyn Monroe at home.

I believe I understand what you mean R87 but I'm not going to knock anyone's dream and whatever points of inspiration they get them from in order to motivate them. I'll use myself as an example; I don't know why but I fell in love with Paris. I fell in love with the city through books. My family wasn't wealthy and a nice vacation for us was traveling to Florida somewhere. But, my dream was always to see Paris and I worked and worked hard to go to Paris (keep in mind that people travel to the city as if it's a cab ride across town) and I learned french, ate french food, read (rather looked at the pictures) of french magazines, etc. There were the costs and fears issues, etc. But finally! I made it to Paris and it's indescribable the feelings I had when I first visited that city and that pretty much feels that same way every time I go there! Luckily, I get there rather often. But, it never gets old to me.

Marquise, is self-taught. So, I'm not surprised that he (or others) will become what they want to be. So, I can't knock that person in the bar that you speak of. I just look at them as making their steps towards making their dreams a reality. Just like the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower and Marilyn Monroe have inspired quite a few to shoot for their dreams.

by Anonymousreply 93February 22, 2020 1:13 AM

Marquise is already Paris. He has real talent, ability and vision. Making clothes doesn't require medical school or some goofy fag dreaming of going to Paris??? WTF. Marquise is one of the top two designers this season. In every way.

Nancy fits your analogy better R93. She worked in corporate America as a homely dark haired suit woman. In late middle age she PAID her way through fashion school, found a hair clip and new colorist to help discover her bohemian. She must have dreamed this vision for years, or why else would she pursue it? She's almost there too.

Marquise is self taught. Black, handsome. Urban. A good eye and hand. He's a frontrunner to win. Not everyone dreams of Paris.

by Anonymousreply 94February 22, 2020 1:59 AM

Well I’m glad no one went home after this challenge.

I am sick to death of seeing that ruskie design the same god-damned dress over and over again.

Such bullshit that they haven’t called her out on it.

Nancy’s design was beautiful.

I do want Sergio to be a finalist. And Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 95February 22, 2020 5:03 AM

^Moldovan

by Anonymousreply 96February 22, 2020 5:22 AM

Next in Fashion on Netflix is better. Thin models.

by Anonymousreply 97February 22, 2020 7:59 AM

They laid it pretty thick with all the brave and empowered clients in this episode.

Love Nancy. I love her enthusiasm for making clothes that are also functional.

by Anonymousreply 98February 22, 2020 9:42 AM

The judges were hard on Sergio but I thought his dress was elegant. She looked fantastic walking in slow motion on the runway. The color was good too. He was right in that not every pregnant woman wants to wear a lycra bandage dress but he should've kept his remarks to "the client wanted something classic" and then shut up.

I really did not like Marquise's dress. It looked like a party dress for a 6 year old girl. She already explained it was a problem.

The producers are really going out of their way to make Nancy look bad (Brittney 's yawn, the iron) but she was the clear winner. I understand why they were loathe to declare a loser but for some reason I can't articulate, it lessens Nancy's win. Like either Victoria or Marquise or Brittany should've gone home but awww, the athletes liked their party dresses.

I think Nancy will be final four and make a collection but she will be booted at the last second and we won't see it.

This is the first season in years that I haven't been able to predict the winner.

by Anonymousreply 99February 22, 2020 12:08 PM

The judges knocked Marquise for still making his client look too young. What could he do though? She looks like a tiny little doll. When she's 60 she's still going to look like a little doll.

I did like that Nina pointed out he used time to create a matching top for himself instead of making sure the handicraft of his client's dress was perfect. Quit making clothes for yourself. You're not being judged on that.

by Anonymousreply 100February 22, 2020 12:20 PM

When did Brittany decide that she’s some sort of fashion arbiter?I loathe that bleached blonde bloated cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101February 22, 2020 1:02 PM

Same here, R101.

When she was judged OUT, she should have stayed OUT. Fucking Christian Siriano.

But I knew that the Bravo Fraus would be in an uproar, so she wasn't going anywhere. Neither is "mommy" Victoria.

The fraus lap that shit up.

by Anonymousreply 102February 22, 2020 1:05 PM

The upcoming avant-garde challenge should tell a lot about the design aesthetic of the contestants. Those with less refined or rarefied taste usually produce either crazy pieces, boring pieces or simply shut down...

by Anonymousreply 103February 22, 2020 1:12 PM

As a menswear designer, Marquise could do something fabulous in an avant garde challenge.

Fabio has already demonstrated that he has the taste level to do something beautiful for avant garde.

Nancy's first design on episode one (in my opinion) already looked avant garde, so I know she has it in her.

Brittany the uber driver from Texas, Eastern Bloc Victoria, and basket case G.I. Geoffrey have not demonstrated any sort of elevated taste level. Their designs are amateurish and downright ugly.

Which means that Elaine and Brandon will vote them right on in to the finale. Just watch.

The only question is, who of the ACTUALLY talented other three will join them?

by Anonymousreply 104February 22, 2020 1:21 PM

At this point, my final three would be Sergio ( he has mostly redeemed himself from his denim street wear design and his immigrant inspired look -ugh), Brittany, and Nancy. But I’ll reserve judgment until after the next challenge, as avant-garde usually tells a lot about each...

by Anonymousreply 105February 22, 2020 1:29 PM

I think the new Bravo version of PR is better than the old one with Heidi and Tim. There's something fresh about it. I haven't been this interested in it since it first started out on Bravo many years ago. There was always something soulless about the Lifetime version.

by Anonymousreply 106February 22, 2020 4:23 PM

^it’s the bright workroom.

by Anonymousreply 107February 22, 2020 4:34 PM

Personally I do miss Tim, but Karlie and Christian do a pretty decent job and even Brandon Maxwell is pretty ok with his critique of practical design flaws.

by Anonymousreply 108February 22, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]This is the first season in years that I haven't been able to predict the winner.

Yes, I was thinking that. This season feels very up in the air and that practically any of them might end up the winner. That's unusual for Runway.

by Anonymousreply 109February 22, 2020 5:25 PM

For me the show would be 100% better if Christian was a judge as opposed to Brandon. and Tim was back as mentor.

Christian is annoying as a mentor. All he does is flit around & be quippy.

by Anonymousreply 110February 22, 2020 6:14 PM

^Not true. He makes scrunchy faces and criticizes fabric choices.

by Anonymousreply 111February 22, 2020 6:18 PM

Christian does a lot as a mentor r110, arguably too much. He gives the designers more input and specific help than Tim Gunn ever did.

But I enjoy Christian a lot on the show, the fun vibe he brings is an interesting change of pace from the fatherly presence of Tim, though I really liked Tim as well.

by Anonymousreply 112February 22, 2020 6:34 PM

IMHO Christian has great chemistry with the contestants and seems fun to be around. He doesn't just give great advice (that seems to either pay off or - when ignored - dooms the contestant) but is such a goofball in the workroom and at Mood.

by Anonymousreply 113February 22, 2020 7:46 PM

FYI

I like this guy and his commentary. His comments about Zac Posen's company's demise were excellent and on point. Here, he gives his analysis of the new show "Next In Fashion" and he explains some comparisons with Project Runway. It's long (23 min.) but it's not boring--at least I did not find it to be, and it really showed me the differences between the designers of PR and this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 22, 2020 11:38 PM

[quote]For me the show would be 100% better if Christian was a judge as opposed to Brandon. and Tim was back as mentor.

I love Christian as mentor and would keep him in that role. But I would replace Elaine with Fernando Garcia of Oscar de la Renta. I think having a panel of 2 female judges and 2 male judges would be a better dynamic for the show. Sometimes the female judges get too caught up in emotional stuff, rather than just judging the clothes. If they did that, the show would be perfect, imo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 23, 2020 2:14 AM

I couldn't focus on the designs or the designers when Fernando Garcia was a guest judge earlier this season. He was too hot, hot, hot and I was all bothered and had to take a cold shower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 23, 2020 2:45 AM

Did anyone catch Victoria's face when she was smirking when someone -- I think Sergio -- was getting a negative review?

by Anonymousreply 117February 23, 2020 5:25 AM

Victoria was an even bigger cunt, when she found out that no one was getting eliminated after the challenge.

The bitch kept complaining and complaining.

As if she wasn't the one who SHOULD HAVE been eliminated on the last challenge.

Fucking Russian twat.

by Anonymousreply 118February 23, 2020 5:29 AM

^Moldovan

by Anonymousreply 119February 23, 2020 7:56 AM

Victoria is a grade A cunt.

It’s fascinating how, just within a few episodes, they started showing her true colors. I liked her very much in the beginning and was rooting for her, but now, I hope they send her ass home sooner rather than later.

I guess this proves that reality shows are made in the editing room. 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 120February 23, 2020 2:51 PM

If Victoria and Brittany had a cage match cunt-off, who would win?

by Anonymousreply 121February 23, 2020 4:02 PM

^not even close

by Anonymousreply 122February 23, 2020 5:22 PM

It would be a match between hair and eyelashes.

by Anonymousreply 123February 23, 2020 5:23 PM

“I like Victoria. She has big hair, she’s funny and she’s mean. Everything you want in a girl.” - Geoffrey

by Anonymousreply 124February 23, 2020 5:27 PM

I bet Victoria's boyfriend got into some serious trouble in Moldova, and they had to leave. Does PR even air in Moldova?

by Anonymousreply 125February 23, 2020 7:31 PM

Geoffrey is going to be hustling his ass in porn or on rentboy. He seems the type.

by Anonymousreply 126February 23, 2020 11:35 PM

Normally I'd agree with you R126, but at 42, Geoffrey is TOO DAMNED OLD to be selling that ass.

by Anonymousreply 127February 23, 2020 11:38 PM

R127.... AHEM!

by Anonymousreply 128February 23, 2020 11:39 PM

Geoffrey is just an emotional wreck right now. He's 42. He loves what he does. The gay world is contracting and becoming more mainstream and therefore his aesthetic isn't in demand. He reminds me of Garo (from last season) a bit except Garo's business and clientele are much more established. Geoffrey needs stores like Patricia Field and the type of clientele that likes that type of look. Where do you find it? You used to see it all over the lower East side but not anymore. But, as he said on the show he really needs this exposure and he needs it to work for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 24, 2020 12:11 AM

If Victoria wins this, the CFDA should have a shit fit! She claims to not know anything about the required fabrics (hello! SHEAR!!) and doesn't take advice or direction. That challenge with Angela something's prints? I couldn't even tell Victoria used ANY OF THE FABRIC!! Talk about a cage match fight!

by Anonymousreply 130February 24, 2020 12:13 PM

Victoria: I don't know words in challenge. I do same as before, da?

by Anonymousreply 131February 24, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]If Victoria wins this, the CFDA should have a shit fit! She claims to not know anything about the required fabrics (hello! SHEAR!!)

Everyone should know that this Victoria isn't as naive as she wants people to think. She's had her own brick and mortar store and she even had her television show back in the mother land.

Ahem... make sure you catch the sheer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 24, 2020 3:26 PM

This a blah season. No one is a standout...ugh...

by Anonymousreply 133February 24, 2020 4:38 PM

Bravo has some kind of viewer’s choice thing going on. I chose “none of the above.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 24, 2020 4:42 PM

Do anyone have any idea(s) about how the ratings for the show are going?

by Anonymousreply 135February 24, 2020 5:49 PM

Ratings are good. Last week, it finished 13th out of 150 cable shows on Thursday night and did well in the demos.

by Anonymousreply 136February 25, 2020 6:08 AM

[quote] Leslie Jones was the best guest judge in the history of Project Runway, and she surprisingly knew what she was talking about.

Really? Prosciutto Pants?! (Or whatever she said).

She was entertaining as a judge (and thank goodness she didn’t go annoyingly overboard d like she did Match Game). But the best in the history of PR? Stop the Trump Talk!

by Anonymousreply 137February 25, 2020 1:17 PM

I like when they have guest judges such as Diane von Furstenberg - people who actually know fashion and have a more experienced eye than the regular judges. It lends an air of credibility to the critiques.

by Anonymousreply 138February 26, 2020 1:45 AM

Diane Von Furstenberg is a reality TV whore. Do you drool over her legs like the virgin Tim Gunn R138?

by Anonymousreply 139February 26, 2020 1:52 AM

No, R139, I drool over your dad's cock.

by Anonymousreply 140February 26, 2020 1:53 AM

Nina Garcia is editor in chief of Elle magazine. That's the second most important job after Anna Wintour's. She definitely has a credible and experienced eye.

But yes, I much prefer judges who work in fashion rather than celebrity guests. But as you see about the poster screaming their pants for having some SNL player on the show, many rubes in the audience are impressed by the celebrity cameos.

I believe Next in Fashion only had guest judges who were real names in the fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 141February 26, 2020 1:54 AM

Rubes? The ancient white fags of Datalounge don't even know who is credible in fashion in 2020. Diane Von Wrapdress and Betsy Johnson may be your drag alter egos, but they have nothing to say or offer to designers under 60.

by Anonymousreply 142February 26, 2020 1:58 AM

That's what I mean, R141. I think Nina does lend credibility, and wasn't necessarily singling her out, but what I hate more are these idiotic celebrity cameos. Like who the fuck cares what Deb Messing says.

by Anonymousreply 143February 26, 2020 1:59 AM

Oh look coming to a gay board to call people fags r142.

Yawn, to the ignore list with you.

by Anonymousreply 144February 26, 2020 2:03 AM

Y A W N

by Anonymousreply 145February 26, 2020 2:06 AM

The inane drivel of self-involved adolescents like R142 can be amusing. Don’t you think, R144?

by Anonymousreply 146February 26, 2020 2:49 AM

Huh? Do you have something to say gramps @ R146. Nobody is more self involved than ancient DL white men. Y'all do nothing but comment and classify on life. Was "inane drivel" some devastating put down back in 1960? When you and DVF were 25. Don't hurt me. You're not smart, wise or woke. Fcuk off.

by Anonymousreply 147February 26, 2020 3:03 AM

I have r142 on ignore for much of the same drivel he/she has posted all over DL.

by Anonymousreply 148February 26, 2020 3:20 AM

Are we to assume r142 is a young, black fag?

by Anonymousreply 149February 26, 2020 3:45 PM

BEAUTIFUL!

Project Runway’s Sebastian Grey wows New York Fashion Week

By ROD STAFFORD HAGWOOD SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL | FEB 13, 2020

“Project Runway’s” latest champ, Jhoan “Sebastian” Grey, showed his fall 2020 collection this week during New York Fashion Week.

Grey, who lives in Wilton Manors with his husband Matt Anthony Grey, won season 17 of the sew-sew show in 2019. Front row at the catwalk were the TV reality competition’s judges and mentors Karlie Kloss, Christian Siriano, Nina Garcia, Brandon Maxwell and Elaine Welteroth. Also in the audience were Dorinda Medley from “The Real Housewives of New York" as well as model and swimsuit designer Tori Praver.

Fans of Grey’s run during “Project Runway” will recognize some of his signature design elements in his 2020 collection, which he titled “Lineage” to pay homage to his Colombian heritage with vibrant colors he remembers from growing up in Cali.

The looks also featured intricate and supple leather bags and belts, a throwback to the Grey family’s leather goods company back in Colombia, where he emigrated from about five years ago. Grey also showed quilted silks, hand-woven leather overlays and bustier tops.

Last week, on episode 9 of season 18 currently airing on Bravo, Grey made a cameo appearance, giving the new slate of designers advice to go with their first instincts.

Other trends seen during the slate of designer runway shows include:

Shiny fabrics/mettalic threads

Fringe, plaids, puffer jackets

Detachable hoods on outerwear

Fanny packs (the ones for next season vary from jumbo size to mini canteens)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 26, 2020 3:47 PM

Why have a fashion show in a submarine?

by Anonymousreply 151February 26, 2020 4:05 PM

Sebastian’s first look model was a boy. Nope. I’m out.

by Anonymousreply 152February 26, 2020 4:42 PM

Some of those pieces were fantastic!

That salmon color was beautiful as well.

by Anonymousreply 153February 26, 2020 6:03 PM

[quote]Are we to assume [R142] is a young, black fag?

Yup. And, from one of those....

What House are you from, honey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 26, 2020 6:20 PM

FYI:

How do they find the fashion designer contestants for Project Runway (TV Series)?

Janet Kim, clothing designer

Answered Nov 20, 2013

I've made it to the finalist round in casting twice, which is as far as you can get without actually making it onto the show. I've always had mixed feelings about the show, which probably affected how I came across as a candidate. They really want people who are extremely enthusiastic about being on the show, and not likely to quit or have a breakdown in the middle. The producers feel that they are making an investment into the designers they ultimately select, and so they want to pick people who they believe can be successful.

The producers post notices throughout the fashion community that they are casting and anyone can submit an application. The application takes a decent amount of work. You fill out information about yourself, your background, what designers you admire, etc.

You are also required to send in photos of garments you have sewn yourself. It's worthwhile to note that most working fashion designers don't sew their own garments, but because of the nature of the show, they want to see that you can sew your own garments (although they don't really take measures to ensure that you did, in fact, sew them).

Finally, you are required to submit photos of yourself, along with a brief video explaining who you are, why you want to be on the show, and why you think you should be selected.

If you are selected for the semi-finalist round, you are asked to show up to an audition, which is filmed, in front of a panel of three judges, as well as a room full of other people, including producers. They generally have semi-final auditions in about seven major cities in the United States. You are expected to fly, at your own expense, to the one closest to you. You bring a few garments that you have sewn and the panel asks you questions based on your application. It's worthwhile to note that at the end of the day, Project Runway is a reality show, so personality is an important aspect of what the judges are looking for in a candidate. To that end, they try to rile you up a bit to see your reaction under pressure. The panel usually includes one or two former contestants, an editor from Marie Claire, and if you're lucky, Tim Gunn.

If you make it past that round, there is a follow up one-on-one interview with the casting director which is also filmed.

At that point, it's all about personality. Not necessarily that you have to be a certain flamboyant personality, although they do want people who will make good TV, like Christian Siriano (although he is also a very talented designer). But they are putting together a cast that will hopefully play off of each other, and they can't cast 16 designers who are all young gay male designers who live in New York.

You are asked to take a drug test and submit to a psychological evaluation, and then await the decision.

The casting process is completed within a couple of weeks of when filming actually begins, and you have to be ready to commit to five weeks of filming with very little notice. I believe they choose about 25-30 designers for the finalist round, from which they select the final dozen or sixteen or however many it is now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 26, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote] They really want people who are extremely enthusiastic about being on the show, and not likely to quit or have a breakdown in the middle.

Is this bitch fucking serious?

Then WHY cast Geoffrey? The guy is a nervous breakdown, 5150 ready to happen. He's a MENTAL CASE.

Totally unstable, emotionally fragile, and on the verge of tears in every episode.

The only reason these cunting casting people put him on the show, is because of his nearly shirtlessness, throwing a bone to the gays.

Fucking, please.

by Anonymousreply 156February 26, 2020 6:50 PM

What? Is there a new episode already?

by Anonymousreply 157February 26, 2020 7:01 PM

Tomorrow, R157.

by Anonymousreply 158February 26, 2020 7:08 PM

See Jhoan "Sebastian" Grey's $50K Fashion Studio Transformation

The Project Runway Season 17 winner completely redid his South Florida fashion space: take a look at the impressive before-and-after pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 26, 2020 8:47 PM

I think it's safe to assume that Sergio is going home.

They'll never let Brittany-FRAU or Victoria-Boris go home.

It's going to be one of the actually good designers, like Sergio, Nancy, or Marquise.

But the two twats aren't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 160February 27, 2020 5:41 PM

I don't need to see a collection from Sergio. He has nice technical skills and can make pretty dresses and gowns. He hasn't given anything new or fashion forward.

by Anonymousreply 161February 27, 2020 6:57 PM

What I don't understand, is the judges' and Cristian's love for Brittany.

They just SHOWER her with praise. "You're so talented! You're such a good designer! There's no way we can send you home!"

WTF???

I honestly don't get it. Her designs are crap, and definitely nothing more than what I've seen from other designers in other seasons.

Are the producers telling them to say that shit?

by Anonymousreply 162February 27, 2020 10:36 PM

The judges already did send Brittany home.

by Anonymousreply 163February 27, 2020 10:38 PM

And Cristian brought her right back, R163.

Then the judges all jizzed themselves.

by Anonymousreply 164February 27, 2020 10:44 PM

So who went home?

by Anonymousreply 165February 27, 2020 11:57 PM

No one went home, R165

by Anonymousreply 166February 28, 2020 12:03 AM

That was last week, R166.

I mean who went home TONIGHT?

Two are getting eliminated, right?

by Anonymousreply 167February 28, 2020 12:05 AM

Well, it hasn't aired yet. At least not where I am. The show will run in about another hour. I'm not sure if it will be two that will be eliminated tonight.

by Anonymousreply 168February 28, 2020 12:15 AM

Yes the preview said two people are being eliminated tonight, but it hasn't aired yet. You are asking that at 8pm EST r167/r165! C'mon now.

by Anonymousreply 169February 28, 2020 12:31 AM

5 more minutes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170February 28, 2020 12:56 AM

I hope the designers are actually listening to Christian this time around. Some of these avant garde creations look DOA if they aren't altered. Poor Geoffrey -- blood sweat and tears.

by Anonymousreply 171February 28, 2020 1:42 AM

LOVE Geoffrey's look!

by Anonymousreply 172February 28, 2020 2:00 AM

NINA HIT THE NAIL! The very first thing I thought about Sergio's look. I could probably find his avant garde look on the internet within 10 seconds. But, for him to think that this is new and innovative is just so disingenuous or he is just so into himself that he doesn't realize when he literally steals a design.

I LOVED NINA'S DRESS!!!

by Anonymousreply 173February 28, 2020 2:21 AM

When he copied Celine Dion's backward tux look without even acknowledging the reference, that was just...no r173.

by Anonymousreply 174February 28, 2020 2:23 AM

Nice...they got it right tonight!

by Anonymousreply 175February 28, 2020 2:27 AM

Still Sergio? I guess they got the four right though.

by Anonymousreply 176February 28, 2020 2:28 AM

Wonder what Elaine thinks of the all-white finale?

by Anonymousreply 177February 28, 2020 2:29 AM

I can't stand Sergio but his dress tonight was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 178February 28, 2020 2:31 AM

The two people eliminated...were the two people the judges had already eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 179February 28, 2020 2:32 AM

The Vessel. How utterly TRAGIC. No, no and no. And Brandon, you are a pussy. There is nothing scary about the Vessel. Have you not been in a mall? It's basically the same thing after all.

by Anonymousreply 180February 28, 2020 2:40 AM

At first I thought Brandon was doing a bit, I couldn't believe he actually refused to go up a few more floors to judge with the rest of the panel. That's not funny, it's absurd.

by Anonymousreply 181February 28, 2020 2:41 AM

I guess we should have known a few weeks back when Marquise and Brittany appeared on that show with Andy Cohen and Christian.

by Anonymousreply 182February 28, 2020 2:44 AM

Brittany definitely deserved to go. As did Marquise.

by Anonymousreply 183February 28, 2020 2:47 AM

It seemed like a bit. The Vessel is very sturdy and the platforms are wide. As public monuments go it is a disaster. Real New Yorkers have no interest in going to the luxury compound that is Hudson Yards. The Vessel is irrelevant to the city at large and has no decent views the actual city. It's a jungle gym for idiots. It is what is left over from a mall when you remove the stores and the simulacrum of community and happiness. It will be never be where to be.

by Anonymousreply 184February 28, 2020 2:48 AM

Yeah, I would have rather seen the models do the studio runway. I guess you had to be there.

by Anonymousreply 185February 28, 2020 2:52 AM

Last season they eliminated another designer after they made their collections and before the official showing. I wonder if they will do the same this season.

It feels like Geoffrey is going to win, he seems to have gotten the winner's edit over the last few episodes more than Victoria has.

by Anonymousreply 186February 28, 2020 2:58 AM

[quote]Real New Yorkers have no interest in going to the luxury compound that is Hudson Yards. The Vessel is irrelevant to the city at large and has no decent views the actual city. It's a jungle gym for idiots.

It's probably the reason why it was chosen and also because of all of the brouhaha caused by Stephen Ross.

by Anonymousreply 187February 28, 2020 2:59 AM

Christian Siriano Used to Be a Hairdresser?! | PRW After Show (S18 Ep12)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 28, 2020 3:02 AM

The critiques were on point tonight. Nancy needs to hear that. Her work is too dark in color and fabrics. Looked like a sepia tornado. I love Marquise, but he had to go. I wish Christian could have steered him away from all that hardware store look. I didn't love Victoria's earring halter dress, but she won her place in the final fair and square. Over designed, but it was beautiful and different from her. Sergio can't learn. He believes these are his own ideas. At least he'll put on a great final show. Dior or McQueen? Brittany's pink pupa was a disaster and she looked so pissed. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 189February 28, 2020 3:17 AM

Sergio....

It was the material.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 28, 2020 3:21 AM

[quote]Brittany's pink pupa was a disaster and she looked so pissed. Bye.

That was awful. I think a loss was good for her because she'll rethink that butterfly motif mess.

by Anonymousreply 191February 28, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote]Victoria's earring halter dress, but she won her place in the final fair and square. Over designed, but it was beautiful and different from her.

I give her credit for all of the work she put into it. I did like it. I really liked the coat that she designed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 28, 2020 3:36 AM

Sergio didn’t seem to understand that he was in tonight’s bottom three.

by Anonymousreply 193February 28, 2020 4:02 AM

I disagree with you guys about Victoria. I thought that dress was a fucking mess, and I preferred Marquise’s outfit to it. That leather stapled mess looked like shit.

Also shit? Britanny’s pink butterfly monstrosity that she thought was so good.

by Anonymousreply 194February 28, 2020 5:20 AM

Cute little shout out to Nancy from her model DD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 28, 2020 5:41 AM

Only in New York would a monstrosity like The Vessel be built.

by Anonymousreply 196February 28, 2020 11:58 AM

As a non NYer what exactly is the Vessel? Judging from last night it didn't look like an office building. It looked like a gigantic sculpture which seems very wasteful to me.

by Anonymousreply 197February 28, 2020 12:04 PM

I loved this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 28, 2020 12:07 PM

Wasteful? Is the idea of building something for aesthetic purposes seriously lost on you? And you watch a show about fashion?

by Anonymousreply 199February 28, 2020 12:07 PM

I was so ecstatic that Nancy made it to final 4. Did you see Brittany's face when they told Nancy she was in? What a bitch.

As someone who doesn't know fashion history I'm glad Nina dragged Sergio. When PR put his design opposite the famous designers you could definitely see the copying.

I loved Geoffery's work from the waist up but hated the pantie design.

Brittany's design was awful and Siriano was so wrong to encourage that in his critiques.

by Anonymousreply 200February 28, 2020 12:11 PM

[quote]I loved Geoffery's work from the waist up but hated the pantie design.

I felt the same. What he did with the top was fantastic, but the bottom half dragged down the full look.

by Anonymousreply 201February 28, 2020 12:13 PM

I adored the story that Marquise shared about his brother. Those type of stories always makes me tear up. The meaning of that $200! I just love the stories of siblings supporting each other.

by Anonymousreply 202February 28, 2020 12:14 PM

We the judges were giving the winners their final thoughts about what to not do in their collection I was pissed that not one of the judges told Victoria to lay off the asymmetry.

And WTF was Sergio doing in the bath tub next week? Christian was gagging.

by Anonymousreply 203February 28, 2020 12:15 PM

[quote]Sergio didn’t seem to understand that he was in tonight’s bottom three.

I think that the Judges were seriously conflicted over whether it should be Marquise or Sergio. But, Sergio will give a good runway show... (SMH)

by Anonymousreply 204February 28, 2020 12:51 PM

Who will Sergio copy for his runway show?

by Anonymousreply 205February 28, 2020 12:56 PM

I've been to The Vessel and felt the same as Brandon. I don't have a fear of heights but there's something about it. The problem for me was the glass panel sides. The illusion it presents is disconcerting. I only made it to the 4th or 5th level. Once I looked down, it was over. Someone recently committed suicide off by jumping off The Vessel. I believe it was a college student.

Same thing happened to me at Chichen Itza. I was fine going up but once I turned around so my friends could take pictures, I realized how high up I was and had to come back down.

I wish Marquise had made it into the finals. Yes, he's self-taught and his look wasn't fantastic. But the mentorship from the CFDA might have been a game-changer for him. I hope Christian takes an interest in him and helps him develop his menswear fashion line.

by Anonymousreply 206February 28, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote]I wish Marquise had made it into the finals. Yes, he's self-taught and his look wasn't fantastic. But the mentorship from the CFDA might have been a game-changer for him.

I have a very strong feeling that Marquise is going to be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 207February 28, 2020 2:02 PM

Jealous, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208February 28, 2020 3:17 PM

Brittny did have some nice garments if you look at her mini-retrospective. Her avant garde dress was a flop.

Marquis over designs. When that coat came off, his outfit looked so much better. His pants were cool, but the use of silver overall was boring. Bronze would’ve been good or a maybe a super bright color.

Nancy’s was gorgeous and I hope she listens to the advice they gave her. I’m not sure she will.

Geoffrey’s I liked. I hope he also listens to their advice, too but I’m not hopeful. I envision lots of black with droplets of blood.

Moldova’s color choice and coat were beautiful. The dress and ear attachment were fine but seemed I’ll fitting to me.

I loved Sergio’s. If Galliano and McQueen (and others) have done Asian inspired, why can’t he? Fashion doesn’t live in a vacuum. That said, he needs to dig deeper.

by Anonymousreply 209February 28, 2020 3:49 PM

Though I adore Christian, he gives too much advice. From fabric choices to major design changes. People used to get sent home for their fabric choice. What if he hadn’t intervened with Geoffrey at Mood? We would’ve seen a heavy-satin garment and not latex.

by Anonymousreply 210February 28, 2020 3:59 PM

[quote]I loved Sergio’s. If Galliano and McQueen (and others) have done Asian inspired, why can’t he? Fashion doesn’t live in a vacuum. That said, he needs to dig deeper.

He doesn't do an interpretation of it but he damn nearly copies a design! Now, if you ask me... I loved Sergio's backward tuxedo gown much better than I liked Galiano's. And, John wasn't the first to do that concept either. But, when Sergio is questioned about the inspiration for his design, it's obvious that he lies about it, and then that is a problem.

When I saw his avant garde look I knew instantly that I had seen that dress before. It wasn't the Kabuki makeup either. Was it John Galiano? Alexander McQueen? Issey Miyake? Diana Ross/Mahogany? Or, someone else? I don't know. HECK! It could have been a stage performance of Madame Butterfly. But, I have seen that exact dress somewhere else. This is the issue. He steals designs and claims them as his own.

by Anonymousreply 211February 28, 2020 4:06 PM

I'm old enough to remember when Tim sent a designer home for having a couture book in their room & was copying their designs. Now Sergio is going to NYFW.

by Anonymousreply 212February 28, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote]Though I adore Christian, he gives too much advice.

I see your point. BUT, either a designer is confident in their design or not. Christian offers suggestions--his suggestions and views about what can make a design better. But, bottom line that is his view. We have all seen Sergio in action. He won't miss a step in telling Christian that he disagrees with him.

by Anonymousreply 213February 28, 2020 4:16 PM

I don't doubt Nina but I didn't think it was a direct copy of McQueen. Maybe it being 'done already' than plagiarism is more the point. They could have said Nancy's latest was Rick Owens. Around the middle especially.

by Anonymousreply 214February 28, 2020 5:49 PM

R209: Excellent observations. I agree with you, but I wouldn't have been able to say it as cogently.

by Anonymousreply 215February 28, 2020 6:17 PM

I think Sergio’s styling was ripped off, but not necessarily his dress. Otherwise they never would have sent him through.

by Anonymousreply 216February 28, 2020 6:24 PM

YASSSS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 28, 2020 6:25 PM

I can't wait to see him in his leather gear next week!

People asking for the legging worn by @gmac_of_geoffreymac x @printalloverme AVAILABLE AT PAOM.com #cleanerthansoap legging #geoffreymac X @printalloverme 📸 @nvchris73

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218February 28, 2020 6:31 PM

"Who will Sergio copy for his runway show?"

Me, of course!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 28, 2020 7:31 PM

Looking back over the episode recaps, episodes 4 and 1 were my favorites in terms of the number of designs I liked.

Loved this from Shavi:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 28, 2020 9:41 PM

Would you like a bite of my cucumber?

by Anonymousreply 221February 28, 2020 9:54 PM

This is my favorite by Shavi. I thought this was CUTE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222February 28, 2020 11:18 PM

Chelsey was my fave

by Anonymousreply 223February 29, 2020 12:13 AM

I loved Marquise. It's time for some menswear on the final runway. He needed some taste tweak, but was exactly a designer who could have won with a bit of money and time, aka the final 5 months. Avant Garde should probably not be the last challenge or maybe I am just feeling some way about Marquise.

I don't dislike Sergio - he's just too ridiculous. There are few new forms in fashion. But when you do something extravagant and it looks so much like a great praised designers look, people like Nina are going to notice. She was hard on him and he deserved it. R219 references Kenley. We've been watching this show for a while. Kenley showed that most amazing white feather wedding dress in her final collection. AMAZING. Apparently it was a pretty direct copy of McQueen too, if I remember correctly? I know a bit about fashion, but I don't remember or know all fashion designers collections. It's one thing to reference, but obviously very bad to copy. Sergio is going to put on a great show. Nina will have her eyes open. She looked wicked last night. Elaine was beautiful too. If you noticed the models wore flat shoes in the long shots walking down all those scary stairs. I didn't like the runway at all, but the designers clothes were quite good.

Non binary people are not popular on Datalounge, but can we agree that DD is a killer model? Nancy chose him four times and he sold everything for her. I think he's sexy and cute as a boy and girl and that's what the term means. Still it all comes down to how attractive you are. And I get that's not the point. But it sure the hell is on Project Runway. Yay.

Victoria got dragged on Twitter last night. People understand why Sergio made top four. But a lot are unhappy about Vicky Moldova getting in over Marquise.

by Anonymousreply 224February 29, 2020 3:33 AM

I don't dislike Sergio either. There have been plenty of loathsome designers on PR who irk me but not him and I admire his craftsmanship. His "avant garde" dress was stunning. Not necessarily avant garde but this challenge seldom is. His designs may be retro mid century but that was a pretty flattering era for women's fashion so why not? He's not going to win. I agree it's going to be Geoffrey. After it's announced, I hope someone has removed all the sharp objects from Victoria's vicinity, otherwise his victory will be short-lived.

by Anonymousreply 225February 29, 2020 8:09 AM

Karli wore a Sebastian piece for the ep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226February 29, 2020 1:59 PM

[quote]Last season they eliminated another designer after they made their collections and before the official showing. I wonder if they will do the same this season.

I vaguely recall that the show had an eliminated designer do a collection that was shown on the runway. Am I correct in this? If the show does do that, I certainly hope that it will be Marquise. This show has been breaking new ground and pushing agendas ie fat girls, transgender, age, etc. Some people have liked that while others haven't. Personally, I have liked it--even if I don't agree fully with everything. So, why not have a PR men's collection shown? That would be new and different!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227February 29, 2020 7:43 PM

The only think about the new version of PR that I don't like is that they don't do a show at NY Fasion Week like they used to. They need to go back to that.

by Anonymousreply 228February 29, 2020 8:18 PM

I thought Sergio’s dress was stunning. I don’t care if it’s been “done” before. Who the fuck is going to remember that Galiano or whoever the fuck else did it before?

Are regular, fly-over-country viewers supposed to know these designers? Trust, they don’t.

Glad Brit went home. I’d have rather they kept Marquis over that Russian bitch, though.

by Anonymousreply 229February 29, 2020 9:58 PM

Interesting, R226. I thought that the belt on Karlys dress looked familiar. It was a beautiful dress and a gorgeous color, as well.

by Anonymousreply 230February 29, 2020 10:05 PM

It's difficult to tell Sergio's POV as a designer since he so blatantly copies other designers. That may be why he tries to force ridiculous social justice statements onto the clothing he creates. No denying that he's an amazing technician though.

by Anonymousreply 231February 29, 2020 10:05 PM

Victoria's family must be part of the russian mafia or something, because they producers were obviously paid to put her in the final four.

Her designs looked like Eurotrash. Her avant garde design was anything BUT avant garde.

She didn't deserve to make the final four.

by Anonymousreply 232February 29, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote]I thought Sergio’s dress was stunning.

It's DIOR and McQueen with an Asian influence.

It was a beautiful dress and beautifully executed. But, you shouldn't design something that is so easily and RECENTLY identifiable by someone else

[quote]Who the fuck is going to remember that Galiano or whoever the fuck else did it before?

Nina...

(Björk's Collaboration With Alexander McQueen & Nick Knight For Homogenic)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 29, 2020 10:42 PM

[quote]She didn't deserve to make the final four.

I don't know about that. I'm not really a fan of the Russian gal because it seemed. (from the show) as if she just did the same thing over and over again. Maybe that is a smart strategy given the time constraints of every challenge. Her attitude was a bit off-putting to me too. But, then I went to her IG page and saw some of her other work. She is talented. I love this dress in the link. She even wore this dress on one of the episodes of PR. Can you imagine the dry cleaning bill for this outfit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 29, 2020 11:03 PM

^Moldovan mafia.

by Anonymousreply 235February 29, 2020 11:06 PM

Hmm... could this be a hint?

"victoriacocieru: Celebrating today!!!!! We did it!!!! We made it to the finale of @projectrunwaybravo ☺️☺️☺️We will make a collection for NYFW😱! Thank to my family and my biggest support on the show @geoffreymac ! You helped me survive it😌! You can’t even imagine how much i respect and love u. You are like family to me. I learned so much from you, and not only design! You are the kindest person ever. Your sense of humor is giving me life, we can discuss non stop about absolutely everything, and this is priceless. And i told you, you remind me of @alexandermcqueen . You are a genius to me❤️. It still feels like a dream to have this unique chance to get mentoring and advices from THE CLASSIEST @ninagarcia THE CUTEST @brandonmaxwell THE MOST CHARMING @elainewelteroth THE KINDEST @karliekloss THE FUNNIEST @csiriano ❤️ . I love this life for giving me the opportunity to meet all these amazing people❤️So proud of us @nancyvolpeberinger @celestinocouture @geoffreymac ❤️. Honored to compete with you all❤️"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236February 29, 2020 11:08 PM

MMPH... hubby all in that...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237February 29, 2020 11:27 PM

She should design for Boston Proper or Guess.

by Anonymousreply 238February 29, 2020 11:35 PM

Wow is she allowed to do that? Announce things ahead of time? I bet she just violated her contract.

by Anonymousreply 239March 1, 2020 1:02 AM

What exactly is the spoiler in her post? Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 240March 1, 2020 1:24 AM

I liked Victoria's latest. It came together well. Brittany's was nice but the butterfly applique: I question your taste level.

by Anonymousreply 241March 1, 2020 1:26 AM

Moldova is just announcing what we all know. Her lucky ass is in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 242March 1, 2020 1:31 AM

[quote] I vaguely recall that the show had an eliminated designer do a collection that was shown on the runway. Am I correct in this? If the show does do that, I certainly hope that it will be Marquise.

They've previously had four or more designers show a collection at The Fashion Week to hide the three finalists since at that point the finalists were not yet announced on the show.

by Anonymousreply 243March 1, 2020 1:56 AM

Yeah! I think they do that more often than not. Partly to obscure the winner as well? It's TV. Like on Top Chef where it's all 'you've made it to the finale in Macau!' but, I mean, the sous chefs get the trip too.

by Anonymousreply 244March 1, 2020 11:49 AM

Seeing that picture of Kenley reminded me of the time I saw her at a punk bar in Brooklyn. This was maybe 2013? A few years after her season.

She was really drunk, singing karaoke and seemed really...sad.

I went up to her and asked what she had been up to lately, fashion-wise. She looked at me and said, “absolutely nothing“ and walked away. I actually felt bad for her.

Just creeped her IG. Looks like she’s married with kids in Florida now. Seems to be in a better place.

by Anonymousreply 245March 3, 2020 6:18 AM

At least Kenley improved on McQueen when she stole his design.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 3, 2020 6:50 AM

R245, wasn't she the one who threw a cat at her boyfriend in a fight? Sorry but anyone who does that fails automatically to receive any sympathy from me. She clearly had mental issues.

R246, to be fair Kenley's design isn't really a copy. The color is the same and possibly the materials partly but still it's lacking the asymmetrical line and the perfectly sculpted body. It might've been inspired by the McQueen but it's not a copy per se.

by Anonymousreply 247March 3, 2020 7:00 AM

Don't be a pedantic putz. R247. Of course Kenley stole the design from McQueen. Nobody is foolish enough to make an exact copy. Sheesh. We have eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 3, 2020 7:12 AM

Sergio has one of the best technical skills in Project Runway history. What he can come up with in a short amount of time is quite astounding. But he isn't fashion forward. And that is what the fashion and fashion magazine industry is looking for.

Sergio could team up with a creative type who can come up with fashion forward ideas and Sergio executes them with his terrific skills. However on the show Sergio seems quite comfortable with where his now in his life, career wise (and relationship wise?). He doesn't seem interested in such a collaboration. But he still would benefit from PR training, so he will come off less like a douche bag putting his foot in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 249March 3, 2020 9:07 AM

No, Sergio would never agree to be the seamstress to another designer 's Big Ideas. There are wealthy women, who don't live in NYC or LA, who want to look good but who don't need to be on the cutting edge of fashion. He has a website, Celestino or something like that. He does couture. What I found interesting is that he's not repeating a bag of tricks (ie past designs) on Project Runway. A lot of designers on the show, due to the fast pace and time restraints, are reworking stuff they 've done in the past. You see it in their "portfolio" on the show's website. Sergio is being really stupid when he says out loud! that he doesnt need Christian's advice because they are peers. There's self confidence and then there's arrogance. Future customers could be watching.

by Anonymousreply 250March 4, 2020 6:53 AM

Is tonight the finale, or is it a two-parter?

by Anonymousreply 251March 5, 2020 6:29 PM

2 parter

by Anonymousreply 252March 5, 2020 7:35 PM

Yes the finale is next week. Tonight is the home visit and when the judges preview the collections. Possibly another elimination if they do it like they did last season.

by Anonymousreply 253March 5, 2020 10:11 PM

If they were going to eliminate someone tonight, I think they would have played it up in the previews. This episode is always where they spring a surprise extra look or challenge on them. I hope DD models for Nancy again. Sergio has the rotten egg dye job going on in his bathtub (or is it a body) and Victoria and Geoffrey are good for a few catastrophic meltdowns. Someone's collection looked beastly and hairy and dark in the previews. Why can't Nancy lighten up?

by Anonymousreply 254March 5, 2020 10:22 PM

A cliffhanger? That's pretty cheesy. They are all going to go through, but trying to milk the drama.

Victoria's muted color palate out me to sleep, that doesn't have a lot of impact on the runway. Sergio does Sergio, nicely made dresses that are never modern or fashion forward. Nancy is just not going to win.

I can't see who other than Geoffrey could win, they like his ideas and pieces, he just needs to edit their presentation.

by Anonymousreply 255March 6, 2020 2:39 AM

Also I have to give props to Sebastian, last season seeing the previews of his collection blew me away. None of the designers this season accomplished that.

by Anonymousreply 256March 6, 2020 2:43 AM

Wow, the critiques kept on coming. Made for a good show, but there was not a single look that anyone said they loved. I think Sergio's white dress with a bit of fringe was pretty beautiful. Nancy is the most sweet and adorable person, but I don't just don't like much of her work. Geoffrey is poised to win I guess, but he very much needed to be told that there were beautiful women under those exaggerated puffy shapes and hanging foreskin appendages. I'm beginning to think that's his fatal flaw. He doesn't see the beauty in women. The black dress with the bolero was just a shape that no woman of any age would ever wear. I liked it when Siriano asked him "Don't you know one fabulous girl in New York City to try these things on?" It's possible Geoffrey doesn't. He's seriously weird. I can't see who should win. Being able to design and construct beautiful clothes and make them look luxe and expensive should matter. I'd have to give it to Sergio. As a sportswear designer, Victoria isn't bad. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 257March 6, 2020 3:08 AM

There was no point in even having tonight's episode. It all could have been cut and nothing would have been missed.

by Anonymousreply 258March 6, 2020 3:21 AM

There's no point to the first 3 months of baseball season either, but ya got to wait for summer anyways.

by Anonymousreply 259March 6, 2020 3:27 AM

Sergio's collection didn't make sense to me. The cowgirl dress reminded me of KD Lang, and that sheer thing made me think Dark Shadows meets Temptation Island. None of them really wowed me, TBH.

by Anonymousreply 260March 6, 2020 3:33 AM

I just cannot handle Geoffrey any more.

He is so neurotic, that it's unsettling to watch. It actually makes viewing each episode VERY unpleasant.

Geoffrey is 2 seconds away from a nervous breakdown, and that does not make good television.

I want Nancy to win. She is living in the moment, having fun, and savoring the experience. Plus, I like her designs.

I hated Victoria's designs throughout the competition, but she's not as annoying as she has been throughout the season. Maybe she has lightened up a bit, since she made it to fashion week.

I don't know what to make of Sergio. He was my pick to win, but his designs are surprisingly "normal," and he seems to have lost his spark a little bit. Not sure why that is.

If someone does go home, I hope it's Geoffrey. That purple "dick dress" as he calls it, is fucking HORRID. Absolutely horrid.

by Anonymousreply 261March 6, 2020 5:04 AM

I hated Victoria's collection.

It was old looking and not modern. The absolute worst was her suit, with the pink cape, and the tan baseball cap. What in the FUCK was that all about? Gross.

I only liked of of Geoffrey's designs, and that was the black dress with the green neckline. At least it was interesting. Thijin looked ridiculous in the gown with the puffy sleeves. NOBODY would ever wear puffy sleeves with a gown. It was ridiculous.

And his male model looked equally dumb. More puffy sleeves, a raggedy white t-shirt, and weird straps hanging from the bottom.

Geoffrey's taste level is in the toilet. No wonder he hasn't been successful, after all these years.

Sergio was right down the middle. Neither great, nor horrible.

Nancy's was the best.

Loved her wheelchair model's design, loved the pantsuit, and REALLY loved DD's gown. Nancy has great taste.

I know that those idiotic judges would never pick Nancy as the winner, because they have zero taste. But Nancy is my winner.

by Anonymousreply 262March 6, 2020 5:15 AM

I loved Geoffrey’s purple puffer.

Moldova should go home, BUT: they all got so much feedback and direction, their outfits could look completely different from the originals.

by Anonymousreply 263March 6, 2020 5:35 AM

Karlie didn’t get them memo about the cliffhanger and tweeted they all are going through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 6, 2020 6:55 AM

Yeah, what is Geoffrey's deal? He's hot as fuck, but the constant quivering lip and breaking voice makes me think he seriously needs some Zoloft. I notice he said he broke up with this boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 265March 6, 2020 9:33 AM

I'd say that Geoffrey's got this.

[quote]Yeah, what is Geoffrey's deal?

He REALLY needs this win to help his business and give himself some direction. He's been floundering for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266March 6, 2020 11:23 AM

I'm just sick of this girl, here. I cannot believe how turned-off by her that I am. Does she deserve to be in the finals? I guess so.... But, I think that it would have been more exciting to see Marquise in the finals. I'll give this to the Russian gal... She makes things that can sell. I do see her fashion as an "every day" kind of look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267March 6, 2020 11:28 AM

This is just the material used. It's gorgeous though.

I can't see Nancy being the big winner BUT I'm so proud of her and really I enjoy watching her gratitude over what she has accomplished and where she is now as a designer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 6, 2020 11:34 AM

That's hilarious r264. I called it in post r255 that they are all going through. If someone was going to be eliminated they would have done it this episode.

And Nancy seems like a lovely woman and all, but you guys trying to say that mini collection was great....just no. It wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 269March 6, 2020 11:36 AM

[quote]Yeah, what is Geoffrey's deal? He's hot as fuck, but the constant quivering lip and breaking voice makes me think he seriously needs some Zoloft.

Gotta point out this whole hunky muscle look is new for him, probably part of the reason he is really into showing them off. Every old pic you see of Geoffrey he was this emo looking gothy twink.

by Anonymousreply 270March 6, 2020 12:08 PM

Geoffrey is not hot. He looks unwell and has the expression of a Pekingese that needs to pee. Nancy mothers him and that's very sweet. I don't like him. The three purple hearts and military/leather look seems both contrived and to come from a troubled place in him. And the floppy penis tendrils and his shaking. He's fucking weird. Those puffer coats are neither new or attractive. Not yet. He's talented of course. There's no one to root for but Nancy and she can't, shouldn't and won't win. Marquise's sexy ass menswear and slick streetwear is missed.

by Anonymousreply 271March 6, 2020 12:24 PM

Things that surprised me

No asymmetry in Victoria's designs

Geoffrey was so hot in the pic of him & his Dad

by Anonymousreply 272March 6, 2020 12:37 PM

Christian’s NYFW show:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 6, 2020 2:46 PM

I was surprised to learn how much time they had to make the outfits. Months. They looked no better sewn than their 24 hour challenges. Especially Victoria and Geoffrey. They didn't have their usual nice finishing. Rushed proportions like it was a last minute thing.

by Anonymousreply 274March 6, 2020 2:51 PM

Christians show was amazing! Some of those pieces were stunning!!

Loved that he used all sorts of body-type Models.

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2020 3:01 PM

I feel the opposite. I appreciate the thought (as a fatty myself), but those fat models look disgusting. If you want to wear fashionable clothes, get in shape. It’s about beauty.

by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2020 4:05 PM

Geoffrey is going to have a fucking nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 277March 6, 2020 4:28 PM

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, R276.

Let’s see a picture of you, are you disgusting, are you beautiful?

He’s not stupid enough to throw away a large percentage of the population who do not fit into a size 0.

by Anonymousreply 278March 6, 2020 5:44 PM

Right. I’ll bet he makes a fortune selling couture to fatties.

by Anonymousreply 279March 6, 2020 6:01 PM

R275

I do not think Christian's show was stunning. There were maybe 5 great designs but the rest was ho hum.

by Anonymousreply 280March 6, 2020 7:36 PM

Christian produces hundreds of beautiful designs a year, and he can dress anyone. His fashion shows have not been great in the last 18 months, but his red carpet dresses are everywhere and he never seems to run out of ideas. He's a smart, modern designer and businessman. He makes beautiful real clothes, but not so great fashion shows these past 3 seasons.

Regarding having larger models, he has always been very clear. He said he dresses everyone. To paraphrase ' If I limited myself to dressing only size 2 models, I would never have had opportunity to dress Beyonce, Oprah, Michelle Obama, Kelly Clarkson, Meryl Streep or Leslie Jones. I'm thrilled for the opportunity and honor that comes from these collaborations.

Christian Siriano has quickly emerged as a champion for body positivity. He designs for all women: curvy, plus-size, straight-size, young, old. He argued that fashion shouldn't just be for the young and thin.

Initially, Siriano just wanted to design for women "who wanted to feel and look amazing when they wore them: women who were excited about getting dressed."

But his mission only grew, with Siriano wanting to combat the idea that only certain people can wear certain clothes.

[quote]What is the size of my body? Where did I grow up? How many birthdays have I had?" None of that should matter when it comes to buying or wearing a piece of clothing. Somewhere along the way we lost the message that fashion is fun. Getting dressed should be one of the easiest and most exciting parts of the day. Self-expression is one of the greatest gifts of being human!"

According to Siriano, rules and restrictions "are the antithesis of art."

[quote]There are still designers who balk at the idea of dressing a larger woman, or a woman from a background deemed unworthy," he stated. "These are designers for whom restrictions have been placed upon themselves, by themselves."

[quote]"All people are beautiful. There is no correct size, shape, color, or age," he said. "As a creator of fashion, I celebrate the body that wears my work. What an honor to be chosen, to be appreciated, and to be seen. That honor extends in both directions."

He means it, he lives it. And it sells. He tripled his business.

by Anonymousreply 281March 6, 2020 8:38 PM

Enjoy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 6, 2020 8:43 PM

[quote]Siriano just wanted to design for women "who wanted to feel and look amazing when they wore them: women who were excited about getting dressed."

Yep. There's definitely a market for it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 6, 2020 8:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 6, 2020 10:06 PM

Not your average plus size model. Graham and Siriano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 6, 2020 10:09 PM

in Zac Posen....2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 7, 2020 3:27 AM

Ashley G. At the Siriano show. In Siriano. Pregnant. Gorgeous is gorgeous. DD is a guy with no curves other than that fine high water ass, butt he looks great in Nancy's clothes. What's your beef with Fatty models, Fatty at R276 and R282? I get that clothes don't flow the same way, but you should look deeper. 90 lb girls can wear 90 yards of fabric and that might appeal to you more. But there is a body underneath and there is something to be said for knowing how to dress a body!!!

I think the dress you posted at R282 (also from Siriano runway) looks better on the large model than it could on a flat thin model. The model has a belly and thick legs. She looks great in that dress. Fashion is about getting dressed for life and occasions. People want to look good. Project Runway is not just for fat men sitting at home waiting for their gay fantasy about a model or some yearly weird crush on a 45 year old male designer. Have your opinion, but check your bias. Siriano is not faking a message or trying to be woke OR cynical. He believes in making women look great. And he knows how.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287March 7, 2020 3:54 AM

Jeffrey is a joke. Same for Victoria.

If either of them wins, I think it's safe to assume that Project Runway is done for, and finished.

OVER.

by Anonymousreply 288March 7, 2020 4:59 AM

Seems like all 4 of them have become very tight. Thank goodness Nancy’s very forgiving - after she overheard mean girls Vicky, Brit and Devvie trashing her.

by Anonymousreply 289March 7, 2020 5:05 AM

Did Aretha get around? Were there men who wanted to tap that?

by Anonymousreply 290March 7, 2020 5:41 AM

Christian has come a long way from his PR winning collection of stick thin models wearing clothes that would look good on Victoria Beckham who coincidentally was the guest judge.

I was never a big fan but I like his mentoring on the new PR. Ive seen all his collections online and never like his fabric choices or the color story. This last collection was not good. He's better suited to doing one-off designs like other PR alumni.

Has anyone been to his store?

by Anonymousreply 291March 7, 2020 7:03 AM

Zac Posen folded and Christian is still going. Could likeability have anything to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 292March 7, 2020 8:00 AM

Siriano dressed 17 women at the 2018 Oscars alone. Ten at the Golden Globes the same year. His one-offs are a huge challenge and a fun part of his business. He's outrageously successful, in demand and respected in the industry. Without a doubt, Siriano is the most approachable and well known American designer today. He was inducted into the CFDA when he was 26. He's not some boutique PR alumni. Google just about any celebrity + Siriano and you will discover that he has dressed them. He's only 34 years old. He won't dress Melania. He's a great mentor and a fun quirky personality. He obviously could have a whole other career on TV. What's not to like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293March 7, 2020 8:15 AM

His dresses on Ashley Graham look really nice. The Siriano dresses on the plus-size models in his new show look awful. IMO that is not how you dress an over weight woman.

by Anonymousreply 294March 7, 2020 8:55 AM

[quote]Did Aretha get around? Were there men who wanted to tap that?

Unfortunately yes from the start. She was only 12 when she got pregnant for the first time.

Seeing how much there's big girl porn around I'm sure she had takers later in life as well, especially with her millions.

by Anonymousreply 295March 7, 2020 10:39 AM

[quote] But there is a body underneath and there is something to be said for knowing how to dress a body!!!

See r282.

The defense rests.

by Anonymousreply 296March 7, 2020 12:17 PM

Agree Christian is a smart businessman. He's made a name for red carpet looks for all these plus sized women. He found an underserved group and attacked it.

Victoria's out of ideas and overrated. She has one or two silhouettes, she was completely thrown by needing to use prints that one episode. What's going on with the crotch at R267?

by Anonymousreply 297March 7, 2020 1:07 PM

I've resigned myself to Victoria winning this.

by Anonymousreply 298March 7, 2020 1:51 PM

Often when they do a preview like this, The looks get dramatically changed. So I expect the looks we saw in this episode to be quite different.

by Anonymousreply 299March 7, 2020 2:53 PM

Team Nancy. I adore her.

by Anonymousreply 300March 7, 2020 2:55 PM

I think Jeffrey has PTSD, probably from the toxic relationship with his father. His problems are more than just anxiety. The way he keeps mentioning his father in every episode shows how much of a domineering presence he still is in Jeffrey's life. He's scared to death of him.

by Anonymousreply 301March 7, 2020 11:05 PM

Sergio is such a pretentious fuck. I honestly can't believe any of his shit because it comes off so inauthentic.

by Anonymousreply 302March 7, 2020 11:10 PM

R301, I wouldn't necessarily blame his father. Geoffrey seems so emotional that he possibly has issues that come from some physical problem in his brain. Or his medication is causing his mood swings. Obviously I know nothing about their relationship but he doesn't really seem to fear his father. But who knows. At least it seems he wasn't afraid to do whatever he wanted as a teen with his looks if he was still living with his dad when he was a femme goth.

by Anonymousreply 303March 7, 2020 11:18 PM

Could steroids be causing Geoffrey's mood swings?

by Anonymousreply 304March 7, 2020 11:35 PM

Sergio's work is too conservative. Indeed, who is his customer?

by Anonymousreply 305March 8, 2020 1:22 AM

I say drugs, R304.

He dresses like a sex/leather "pig," and probably into hard core stuff.

Over the long term, guys like that end up really messed up.

Plus, he's probably going through withdrawals, being on the show.

by Anonymousreply 306March 8, 2020 3:03 AM

Well, none of the 4 mini-collections wowed me.

I didn’t think Sergio’s peignoir was appropriate, though I did like the 2nd and third look. That third dress was especially evocative of melted, dirty, slushy snow.

Victoria’s collection was boring, suburban housewife who is trying too hard to be chic. Those caps were beyond ridiculous. I’m glad the judges told her to not waste time doing a “label”. That was funny. Bitch is getting ahead of the cart.

Nancy’s collection looked good. The print was a bit too intense. That halter dress was slinky and beautiful.

Jeffrey’s looks were bizarre. Those puffy jackets were ridiculous.

It’s still a toss-up as to who will win. As long as it is not the Russian, All is well.

by Anonymousreply 307March 8, 2020 3:21 AM

Someone is a fat fancier!

by Anonymousreply 308March 8, 2020 3:21 AM

I also think his shakiness and mood swings are related to drug withdrawal. Jeffrey is obviously into the leather scene and looks like a pig bottom. Most of the guys like that are quite fucked up and have emotional problems.

I think he's having an internal battle between his subversive lifestyle and his military upbringing and he's racked with guilt and low self-esteem because of it. He needs extensive professional help.

by Anonymousreply 309March 8, 2020 3:23 AM

Geoffrey is ugly and crazy. The end.

by Anonymousreply 310March 8, 2020 3:25 AM

What I would be interested in learning about is who is financing/backing Christian. All I can find thus far is that he self-financed himself from previous deals ie Payless Shoes, etc. I find that hard to believe. While he does have a dedicated client base, this guy has two major retail brick & mortar locations, mass manufacturing costs, etc. But, it's me and my naivety. Maybe, he has done it all on his own. But, that would be odd. Don't most of these designers have financing?

by Anonymousreply 311March 8, 2020 3:26 AM

Geoffrey looks like an 1980s leather bar queen cosplay. I keep expecting him to fondle his nipples onscreen. (I would not enjoy that, though I am sure some here would),

by Anonymousreply 312March 8, 2020 3:28 AM

Sergio can make nicely constructed pretty dresses r305. I am sure he has a successful enough shop doing just that for Texas women.

But that's just not what the judges are looking for, it's never been what they are looking for. They reward designs who are bringing something fresh to fashion and make clothes that look closest as home on a Fashion Week stage.

It is Project Runway, not Project Mallclothes.

by Anonymousreply 313March 8, 2020 3:58 AM

Sergio's clothes are not mall clothes. And Chloe Dao won Project Runway making matchy outfits for Texas women because Daniel V fucked it up. Some of the edgier 'high fashion' winners have been undeserving too. Mondo didn't deserve to win the first time OR his makeup title. Uli, who makes very wearable clothes and Korto are superb designers with gorgeous taste who were not allowed a win - so some higher concept designer could pass into oblivion. As a matter of fact, Uli was robbed TWICE.

I am not a fan of Sergio. But as of this moment, he's the only one who remotely deserves to win. Those collections were a mess. Nancy is a lovely person, but she doesn't even know how to dress women in wheelchairs. She puts them in iron lung hideous corsets and dresses them like some medieval fair hostess.

Hopefully Geoffrey is on drugs. There's no other excuse for making his models look so hideous.

by Anonymousreply 314March 8, 2020 4:36 AM

^not the Moldovan.

by Anonymousreply 315March 8, 2020 4:58 AM

I'm not impressed with any of the designers' looks. Everything looked old and boring.

by Anonymousreply 316March 8, 2020 7:08 AM

[quote] What I would be interested in learning about is who is financing/backing Christian.

Fashion business financing seems to be rather complicated. One day you're Isaac Mizrahi and the next day you're broke. That's why it's all about the fragrances and accessories.

by Anonymousreply 317March 8, 2020 12:49 PM

How in the hell did Michael Kors become a billionaire, R317?

by Anonymousreply 318March 8, 2020 12:54 PM

Bravo's lovely formula of exhausting the cast members to the point of no return in order to get a few good sound bites is working amazingly well with Geoffrey.

What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 319March 8, 2020 12:56 PM

Puh-leeze r319, yes Runway is inhumanely exhausting, but Geoffrey has been that way since episode one r319. That's just Geoffrey.

by Anonymousreply 320March 8, 2020 1:07 PM

YUMMY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 8, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote]He dresses like a sex/leather "pig," and probably into hard core stuff.

And? What's the problem?

Here's my take; Geoffrey is stuck in the gay ghetto. As much as I am a part of that community, and love it, the opportunities are very limiting. Like Garo (of last season), Geoffrey has been relegated to just designing for drag queens, costumes, some celebrities, and low-level gay performers/celebrities. He wants to break out if that. He wants to be on a level of a Christian Siriano, Zac Posen, Alexander McQueen, and the other high-profile gay designers. But, I just don't know if he has that level of aesthetic that will reach that type of clientele.

Plus, he wants to make his father proud!

by Anonymousreply 322March 8, 2020 3:35 PM

Geoffrey has been hosting a viewing party in Brooklyn that I assume no one here has gone to.

I live/work in Jersey and haven't really fancied making the trek to Brooklyn and back on a weeknight but I might go for the finale, especially since I suspect he wins.

by Anonymousreply 323March 8, 2020 3:46 PM

[quote]Geoffrey has been hosting a viewing party in Brooklyn that I assume no one here has gone to.

Are you kidding? He's had Boomer (and other porn stars) there. I guess he doesn't know Susan--and that would be surprising given who he does know and hang out with, because she would be there with her whole crew

Geoffrey's (limited) underwear line

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324March 8, 2020 3:52 PM

[quote] How in the hell did Michael Kors become a billionaire, [R317]?

Luck, talent, business savvy, having a great team behind him. He really has managed to break into the top and create a successful brand. He's still no Tom Ford or Karl Lagerfeld, though. And like they say, one day you're in and the next day you're out. It's extremely complicated and expensive to stay at the top. I'm exhausted just by thinking how much work guys like Lagerfeld had to do to keep the momentum going.

by Anonymousreply 325March 8, 2020 7:51 PM

Kors’ purses are all over the damn place. He had an outlet store here in town and it’s always busy. I, myself bought a nice purse back in the day, first time I’d spent over 300 bucks on a purse.

Now he also has a store in the local mall filled with his more expensive stuff.

I also had one of the first perfumes he come out with.

I think it’s the purses that catapulted him to greater success.

by Anonymousreply 326March 8, 2020 8:02 PM

Ugh, sorry for typos.

He still has the outlet store.

by Anonymousreply 327March 8, 2020 8:04 PM

[quote] Are you kidding? He's had Boomer (and other porn stars) there. I guess he doesn't know Susan--and that would be surprising given who he does know and hang out with, because she would be there with her whole crew

Who the fuck are "Boomer" and Susan, r324? And why would Boomer's presence at Geoffrey's viewing parties negate the assumption that no DLers have attended?

by Anonymousreply 328March 8, 2020 8:16 PM

[quote] He really has managed to break into the top and create a successful brand. He's still no Tom Ford or Karl Lagerfeld, though.

Kors is far richer than either one of them, and Lagerfeld is dead.

Here's the list of the 10 richest designers and their net worth.:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 8, 2020 8:52 PM

Susan is Susanne Bartsch and Boomer is Boomer Banks

by Anonymousreply 330March 8, 2020 9:08 PM

R329 I’m surprised that the Olsen twins made the top 10, although I do recall them charging the price of a car for an alligator handbag that sold out.

by Anonymousreply 331March 9, 2020 12:52 PM

I looked at the viewer poll to select a favorite look from the last episode. I couldn’t endorse any of them.

by Anonymousreply 332March 9, 2020 4:58 PM

I can not wait for tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 333March 12, 2020 10:12 PM

Tonight is the finale.

Congrats, crackhead sex pig Geoffrey.

You win!

by Anonymousreply 334March 12, 2020 11:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 13, 2020 12:09 AM

Nina & Brandon will be on WWHL after the finale.

by Anonymousreply 336March 13, 2020 12:46 AM

1st Place: Meth head sex pig.

2nd Place: Trashy Russian Whore

3rd Place: Sergio

4th Place: Nancy

That's my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 337March 13, 2020 12:48 AM

You're psychic R337. That's the result.

by Anonymousreply 338March 13, 2020 1:24 AM

For me, the show has a bit of an identity crisis. Is it about the clothes, or is it about making disparate people look as good as they can.

by Anonymousreply 339March 13, 2020 1:28 AM

Having a consultation with a real stylist was a godsend for them, they needed it.

by Anonymousreply 340March 13, 2020 1:40 AM

How does one become a stylist? Like... what training is required for that? It's all subjective.

by Anonymousreply 341March 13, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote]It's all subjective.

Sure, but when people like what you do then you become a leader in the field. The proof is in the pudding.

by Anonymousreply 342March 13, 2020 1:44 AM

Can you believe this? The free live stream fucks up! NOW?

by Anonymousreply 343March 13, 2020 1:57 AM

WTF was that green dress in Victoria's collection?

by Anonymousreply 344March 13, 2020 2:00 AM

I'm so proud of Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 345March 13, 2020 2:05 AM

Nancy's collection has the fabric doing the work, cool fabrics, but the the actual design themselves are nothing that special.

by Anonymousreply 346March 13, 2020 2:06 AM

Still Team Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 347March 13, 2020 2:14 AM

“ The Billie Eilish take on fashion.”

Goodbye Jeffrey

by Anonymousreply 348March 13, 2020 2:16 AM

Okay ... the Russian gal's white off shoulder gown was stunning! I don't know what material she used but i definitely feel that in a cashmere.

by Anonymousreply 349March 13, 2020 2:18 AM

Yes that look was killer r349, if only more of Victoria's show was like that.

by Anonymousreply 350March 13, 2020 2:20 AM

It’s Nancy vs Victoria

by Anonymousreply 351March 13, 2020 2:21 AM

Loved Geoffrey’s silver- blue brocade

by Anonymousreply 352March 13, 2020 2:25 AM

I don't see how that collection from Victoria could win.

by Anonymousreply 353March 13, 2020 2:25 AM

[quote]I don't see how that collection from Victoria could win.

It can't. But, you'll see it in H&M next week.

by Anonymousreply 354March 13, 2020 2:29 AM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 355March 13, 2020 2:29 AM

Shut the door!

I can’t believe he won! Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 356March 13, 2020 2:29 AM

Knew Geoffrey would win

Called it last week after the preview. Definitely the most modern, fashion with an F collection.

Too bad I didnt go to his viewing party.

by Anonymousreply 357March 13, 2020 2:32 AM

Geoffrey wins! He really showed the most “fashion-forward” collection. Some designs were out there, but, that’s what they’re looking for.

by Anonymousreply 358March 13, 2020 2:32 AM

Interesting they just called a winner. There was no eliminations so you get a ranking of the finalists.

by Anonymousreply 359March 13, 2020 2:35 AM

I missed the elimination drama R359.

by Anonymousreply 360March 13, 2020 2:36 AM

Geoffrey deserved that win. Good for him! I'm very happy for him!

by Anonymousreply 361March 13, 2020 2:36 AM

HA! I'm watching Andy Cohen and apparently the judges were quite aware of everything being said on the internet! Someone asked the question about the Russian gal and how she made so it far by just making 2 of the same style dress in just different colors! Brandon answered it by starting with; "Okay internet..." LOL!

by Anonymousreply 362March 13, 2020 2:51 AM

I've turned it off but I did leave it on long enough for Nina to say that Serena Williams wanted Sergio to win.

by Anonymousreply 363March 13, 2020 2:55 AM

Sergio and those fringes.... He ruined beautiful designs with his homage to Texas.

by Anonymousreply 364March 13, 2020 2:57 AM

Agree r364. I hated all that damn fringe.

by Anonymousreply 365March 13, 2020 3:01 AM

I'm happy Geoffrey won. He's so editorial with those puffy jackets. Can you imagine a bunch of them stuffed into a subway car? Wasn't crazy about all the loose hanging straps. But he won twice and was a fashion forward designer.

by Anonymousreply 366March 13, 2020 3:16 AM

So, has anyone figured out what Sergio ensemble used the material that he was creating in his bath tub?

by Anonymousreply 367March 13, 2020 3:22 AM

Christian Siriano Asks the Runners Up: "Was It Hard Not to Win?" | PRW After Show (S18 Ep14)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 13, 2020 3:25 AM

He was trying to make his own leather r367. Given it wasn't brought up again, I assume that experiment was a failure.

by Anonymousreply 369March 13, 2020 3:26 AM

I guess Dayoung is okay since she was at the final show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370March 13, 2020 3:29 AM

What I Learned From the Project Runway Season 18 Finale ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 13, 2020 3:41 AM

The show is already casting for Season 19

When Does 'Project Runway' Season 19 Premiere? Designers Can Apply Now

By MARTHA SORREN March 12, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 13, 2020 3:48 AM

"Vegan" leather is expensive. Sergio failed to make his best clothes better. Geoffrey's collection was hideous. But, I get why he won. Barely. Nothing to cheer for. Serena W read Nancy's runway for what it was - two seam dresses in expensive liquid fabric on great built models. There was little design and less construction. That's not a fashion line. The judges seem to have forgotten that in their enthusiasm for wheelchair designers with extra fabric sewn into a purse.

I'm gonna be called names. But Victoria should have won. VICTORIA should have been the WINNER. It was a terrible finale. But Geoffrey's looks are not fashion, he's not innovative, and the declaration of his win felt very false. AND, they should have narrowed it down to a final TWO. Not everyone gets a trophy. They all sucked.

But of the ones who sucked, and were critiqued and asked to improve their collection - Victoria deserved the win. Those cut out dresses and suits were beautifully made and the color palette was filmed differently for the finale. It was much less dull, more rich and by far the most attractive and wearable collection. Those clothes are very hard to make look good and as a custom collection - hers was by far the most impressive. It wasn't cheap looking. Those off white pleated pants, the pink dress, the tan suit - a lot of detail, some of it great. Stop calling a married woman with a child a hooker by the way.

Geoffrey is grotesque and his clothes are anti-woman. The most anti female clothes of any PR winner. Most male designers love to make women look beautiful AND indulge their own fantasies of dressing UP models. Geoffrey made hideous clothes in ugly colors that looked bad on forgettable women. He'll be the first PR winner to die of a Fentanyl overdose.

They should have narrowed it down to a final two. This ain't grade school. And they should have been SERGIO and VICTORIA. But the internet hates them. How said that PR now picks winners the same way that Drag Race does. Based on teenage internet posts. And DL agrees. Anyone who thinks Geoffrey deserved to win based on that collection is dumb. About fashion, people and life. Jeff, didn't deserve to win. Poor Serena Williams had to judge that shit show.

It wasn't a bad season until the final 4 were given 5 months, 10k and free reign to show what they would do for a collection. This should have been the first season EVER with NO winner.

by Anonymousreply 373March 13, 2020 5:09 AM

Hated Sergio's runway. Sisterwife draperies. And Jefferey's Michelin Man Coats... and that purple boob sleeve. No.

by Anonymousreply 374March 13, 2020 5:13 AM

She’s Moldovan, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 375March 13, 2020 5:21 AM

The real winner of the season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 13, 2020 5:44 AM

^ Agreed

by Anonymousreply 377March 13, 2020 5:46 AM

I’m glad Geoffrey won—I liked his collection a lot and he also needed the win.

Loved Moldovan’s long, cream gown.

Sad for Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 378March 13, 2020 5:54 AM

Woah, Nina Garcia had a double mastectomy

by Anonymousreply 379March 13, 2020 5:59 AM

Two interesting things from the WWHL

Nina hated Brittany. A caller asked f they agreed with Christain using his save on Brittany. Brandon said it was Chriatian's to use how he saw fit. Nina's face was full on disdain at the mention of Brittany's name.

The biggest jaw dropper was a caller asking which designer from all the seasons was the most difficult in hearing the judges' critique. She couldn't remember the name but said it was in season 3 or 4. He became so angry he lunged toward the judges & security had to intervened.

WTF could that be? I would think that would earn him being eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 380March 13, 2020 6:16 AM

They should all miss Marquise. There is no doubt in my mind that he WOULD have won this season.

by Anonymousreply 381March 13, 2020 6:25 AM

I was wondering that too.

by Anonymousreply 382March 13, 2020 6:45 AM

Can we get a link for r376? Pressing on the GIF is not working for me.

by Anonymousreply 383March 13, 2020 10:54 AM

I think that a few of the models are going to do well, R376. As pointed out above (or in the previous thread) Didi (DeeDee, DD, or whatever) is part of the EQUINOX campaign. Tyce Green (the white guy) is an actor and a singer. In fact, he was on American Idol. Taurean Everett (the black guy) is an actor and a singer. I'm shocked that I have not seen more of Thijin Bol Yor (she doesn't even have an agent) or Asia Shane.

I think it should be pointed out how loyal Nancy was regarding DiDi. She took him/her all the way to the top with her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384March 13, 2020 11:53 AM

Look at our boys!

2019 Ali Forney Center Gala Arrivals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 13, 2020 12:27 PM

Geoffrey Mac is a Project Runway historic champion. until his win, the oldest winners of the show were Seth Aaron Henderson (season 7) and Kentaro Kameyama (season 16), both of whom prevailed at age 38. Mac is in his early 40s, which has set a new record. Nancy Volpe-Beringer made history as the oldest designer even to compete on the show at age 64.

by Anonymousreply 386March 13, 2020 12:45 PM

Maybe I have a cold, dead heart, but I always roll my eyes when someone proposes on a television show.

by Anonymousreply 387March 13, 2020 3:12 PM

OMFG! That was a hideous decision. WTF were the judges thinking?

I hope to god that that is not the future of fashion.

JC who would or could wear any of that??

Based on what they showed, Sergio should have Won. But they couldn’t let another Hispanic win right after Sebastian won last year.

What a travesty.

Small consolation that Victoria didn’t win either.

Now on to watch RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 388March 14, 2020 6:00 AM

Sergio was pandering too much. Saving the rain Forrest?

by Anonymousreply 389March 14, 2020 11:16 PM

Poor poor Lovely Mrs. Weinstein. Will there ever be an All Stars again ?

by Anonymousreply 390March 14, 2020 11:19 PM

Lovely Mrs. Weinstein is in love with Adrien Brody now. She's not missing Mizrahi or Alyssa Milano.

by Anonymousreply 391March 14, 2020 11:35 PM

Glad but surprised Geoffrey won. They called it out as Rick Owens which I couldn't unsee. And I didn't really get how a few of the wispier looks tied in with the puffer pieces. Sergio is boring and conservative but his show was so lux and polished.

by Anonymousreply 392March 14, 2020 11:35 PM

Sergio is probably the best technician they've ever had. But too many of his fringed looks veered into Miss Kitty's Saloon territory.

by Anonymousreply 393March 14, 2020 11:43 PM

I actually am shocked, but Sergio’s was my favorite. It was incredibly beautiful without being dowdy. If he could just get out of the way from himself...

by Anonymousreply 394March 14, 2020 11:45 PM

GRWM: Behind the Scenes of Project Runway Finale | Brandon Maxwell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395March 14, 2020 11:50 PM

I wasn't hugely surprised Geoffrey won. They do tend to go for really out there looks for the finale.

I either loved Sergio's outfits or hated them in the finale. That fringe and the odd pockets were weird.

The other two were hit or miss as well.

by Anonymousreply 396March 15, 2020 12:06 AM

Geoffrey is trying to serve some serious thirst trap on his instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397March 15, 2020 2:34 AM

Geoffrey is trying to serve some serious thirst trap on his instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398March 15, 2020 2:34 AM

Ha! He's pushing a brand. Either he designs for them or he knows the people who own it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399March 15, 2020 2:41 AM

Even though I love the show I still don’t have good fashion taste. My favorite never wins. Where Sergio’s designs at the finale ‘costumey’?

I think this season it was a close contest so they call it to the one who wanted or needed to win the most. Or maybe the nicest.

by Anonymousreply 400March 15, 2020 6:46 AM

[quote]They should all miss Marquise. There is no doubt in my mind that he WOULD have won this season.

I don't think that he would have won. But, there is no question that he is talented. I think that he is going to do just fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401March 15, 2020 9:48 AM

[quote]I actually am shocked, but Sergio’s was my favorite. It was incredibly beautiful without being dowdy.

I question your taste.

by Anonymousreply 402March 15, 2020 8:27 PM

I question your hair style or lack thereof, Nina.

Seriously, would it have killed her to do something with it?

by Anonymousreply 403March 15, 2020 8:32 PM

The watch party during the win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404March 17, 2020 12:52 AM

I loved this look.

Geoffrey Mac

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 17, 2020 12:54 AM

'Project Runway' Season 18: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)

Samantha Bergeson March 14, 2020 9:00 am

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 17, 2020 6:41 AM

Loved it! Very fashion forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 19, 2020 6:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 19, 2020 6:39 PM

Former SAIC instructor wins ‘Project Runway’: ‘I’m very proud of pulling it together and pulling it off’

Avant-garde fashion designer Geoffrey Mac was named the winner of “Project Runway” Season 18 on Thursday’s episode, two decades after graduating from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.

He beat three other finalists with a 10-look collection inspired by his father’s military service that featured over-sized puffy coats and futuristic evening wear. His prize includes $250,000 from Bluprint; $50,000 from Pilot; a feature in Elle magazine; and a mentorship with the Council of Fashion Designers of America.

Mac told the Tribune he is trying to figure out what’s next, but he is leaning toward creating a unisex collection that can be worn in any season. He said he is slated to launch a fragrance called “G” around April 1 (“The coronavirus can’t stop that.”).

Mac took painting and drawing classes at SAIC before joining the fashion program. He said he has trouble “putting things up on the wall or calling them done. I’m very obsessive. I never seem to find the end of the painting, and it makes me kind of crazy. With fashion, it’s this beautiful moment where you’re taught to draw it. You have a map for what you’re making, and then you make it in the best way possible with all of your skills, and it turns out great, and it’s just (expletive) finished. It’s a really satisfying art form for me.”

In his decade in Chicago, Mac said he worked as a host at the now-closed Shelter night club; started a latex company (“we tried to do high-fashion with it and steer clear of the fetish market, but of course, when we were at trade shows selling it, all the fetish boutiques were still buying it”); won the Marshall Field’s Distinction in Design contest in September 2002 and had his line sold at the flagship State Street store; and returned to his alma mater after graduating in 1999 to teach construction and design.

Mac, 42, said he moved from Chicago to New York around 2005 with no plan after a life-changing surfing trip to Costa Rica where a man saved him from drowning. “I decided I wanted to move because my life kind of flashed before my eyes. I was kind of really miserable working so much, doing all-nighters, and trying to pull off lines, and doing everything kind of single-handedly was exhausting.”

He said he auditioned for “Project Runway” a few years after the show premiered in 2004, but didn’t get cast. Mac said the show’s team later tried to get him to sign on, and he finally agreed — despite his social anxiety and fear of cameras — because he wanted to jump start his career.

“I wish I had stayed calmer (during the competition), but that’s sort of not in my nature under those circumstances and the pressure. This was everything for me to kind of showcase who I am as a designer. I’m really obsessive. I’m really into my work. I get really emotional and emotionally attached to it and hard on myself. It was a lot for me, and I’m very proud of pulling it together and pulling it off because it’s all of my fears all wrapped up in one,” Mac said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 19, 2020 6:47 PM

Bravo to Cuomo & Siriano. Christian has gladly accepted Cuomo's request to make surgical masks for the NY healthcare professionals.

by Anonymousreply 410March 20, 2020 7:26 PM

Christian is a beautiful human being.

Love him.

by Anonymousreply 411March 20, 2020 9:32 PM

(CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!!!) [Standing Ovation]

NYC designer Christian Siriano will produce masks for coronavirus instead of high fashion cocktail dresses and ‘whimsical’ evening gowns

Christian Siriano is usually focused on the latest trends in party dresses and evening gowns.

The designer has offered to switch to producing protective masks during the coronavirus crisis -- and Gov. Cuomo personally gave him the green light Friday.

“I have a full sewing team still on staff working from home that can help,” the haut couture maven wrote on Twitter.

“Appreciate his help so much. Who’s next,” Cuomo replied.

Other designers and garment workers chimed in to say that they will help.

Siriano started his eponymous brand in 2008 and is a fixture at New York Fashion Week and other runway shows.

His website boasts that Siriano is “known for whimsical and show-stopping design from fantasy evening gowns and cocktail dresses to tailored sportswear, intricately detailed shoes and accessories.” H

Along with selling in department stores, he has a flagship store on West 54th Street in Manhattan, which is now closed due to the crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 20, 2020 9:44 PM

For those of you reading this thread and knew (or knew of) Nashom Woodin. Have a seat before you play

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413March 23, 2020 8:38 PM

Geoffrey lost a friend to covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414March 24, 2020 1:33 AM

Geoffrey lost a friend to covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415March 24, 2020 1:33 AM

Sorry the double post, but here is him talking about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 24, 2020 1:36 AM

None of your links work.

by Anonymousreply 417March 24, 2020 1:45 AM

DAMN!

MARCH 23, 2020, 2:55 PM ET

Project Runway Season 18 Winner Geoffrey Mac Lost His Best Friend to Coronavirus--"I just want to make sure that everybody out there stays healthy and takes care of each other," Geoffrey Mac said.

Geoffrey Mac has suffered a tragic loss. The winner of Project Runway Season 18 shared that his best friend has passed away after being diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19).

Geoffrey confirmed the sad news in an emotional video shared on his Instagram on Monday, March 23. "Hi, it's Geoffrey Mac. I lost my best friend today from the coronavirus, Nashom Wooden," the designer said. "And I just want to make sure that everybody out there stays healthy and takes care of each other because the virus is really real. And I'm just so sorry."

In another Instagram post over the weekend, Geoffrey stressed the importance of practicing measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus as he thanked his fans for all of the love and support they've shown him throughout Season 18 of Project Runway. "Hope you're well, staying safe. Practice social distancing. Stay away from each other," Geoffrey said in a video posted on Instagram on March 22. "We'll all be OK."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 24, 2020 1:47 AM

They work for me. Try turning off link previews maybe?

You can also just search for Geoffrey's instagram accounts (he has two btw] if you want to see.

by Anonymousreply 419March 24, 2020 1:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420March 31, 2020 2:48 PM

patriciooliver.arg

To all @geoffreymac fans thanks so much for the support, this is a little present for you all. Thanks for following my content and please check all the other work that I do. I’m from Argentina so don’t get mad If I post stories in Spanish or some post in my language, I try to do it in English too. Dm for commission inquires 😉 and keep sending all that ❤️ to Geoffrey. Cheers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421March 31, 2020 3:03 PM

patriciooliver.arg

Going crazy with @geoffreymac designs and her amazing muse @iamthijinbol this gives me Storm super hero regal vibes! Me encantan los diseños de Geoffrey de @projectrunwaybravo y la modelo Thijin, es todo tan Tormenta reina súper heroina! Impecable #projectrunway #fashion #xmen #superhero #regal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422March 31, 2020 3:05 PM

A review of the new show with Tim Gunn and whatever what's her name is...

Everything Wrong With Amazon's Making the Cut Ep 1 (it's gonna be a long season)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 10, 2020 9:40 PM

Geoffrey is starting an Onlyfans page. That's not a joke.

Man, the world we live in now....

by Anonymousreply 424April 24, 2020 10:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!