Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Warren’s Sad Last Days

[QUOTE] Why was “Medicare for All” such a quagmire for Warren? She tried to piece together a delicate coalition and managed to alienate both parts of it over health care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 13, 2020 2:08 AM

Maybe it was all the half truths and flip flops that did her in.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2020 4:15 PM

Iowa is 90% White. New Hampshire is 93%.

Calling a race two states in before anyone else has had a chance to have their say is part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2020 4:20 PM

I really wanted her. But I think a lot of it is the “scolding woman” bias.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2020 4:24 PM

[QUOTE] Iowa is 90% White. New Hampshire is 93%. Calling a race two states in before anyone else has had a chance to have their say is part of the problem.

Uhh, that’s precisely why these were the two best states for Liz to win.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2020 4:27 PM

She lost me with the pandering. The reparations bullshit and the trans bullshit.

I do think her heart is in the right place for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2020 4:33 PM

Elizabeth Warren no doubt heading off to the nearest sweat lodge to rethink her strategy.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2020 4:34 PM

She's still my top choice, but it's frustrating that she and her campaign hasn't done a better job positioning her to the right of Bernie and to the left of Pete/Amy/Joe. There is a lane there that is not being properly represented and she could have been the one to do just that. There are voters that feel that what Bernie is promising is a bridge too far, but feel that things have drifted too close to the center with the moderates that there doesn't seem like much will ever change. Unfortunately, the chances of the numbers changing in her favor look rather bleak at the moment. This may seem morbid, but her only chance now might be if Bernie somehow experiences another heart attack or dramatic decline in health and thus his supporters would have to start looking for a new home and she's the most popular second choice for many.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2020 4:35 PM

It’s time for her to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2020 4:35 PM

At least Elizabeth Warren won't have to ride off into the sunset by herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2020 4:41 PM

Sorry, image counts. She sounds like a cartoon character. She was always going to be a hard sell and - she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2020 4:44 PM

R3, I agree. When I picture her, I see her with a stern look on her face , mouth open in mid- speech, and wagging her index finger. Her campaign needs to lighten up her image and show that she can indeed have fun and be someone you’d like to hang around with inspite of being a nerdy academic.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2020 4:48 PM

Totally agree R7. The fact that every article lumped Bernie and Warren together was sad. Warren is an informed, pragmatic, well-researched academic with an understanding of economics - not a simplistic far-left populist politico.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2020 4:55 PM

But who will we grift now?

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote]Uhh, that’s precisely why these were the two best states for Liz to win.

Not at all. In less ethnically homogenous states you're going to see her and Biden surging. Bernie's supply of 98% white states will start to dwindle here soon.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2020 5:00 PM

Exactly, r13. The Democrats do not need to be regarded as the Party of The Two Ends of the Bell Curve, while we cede the Middle to the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2020 5:04 PM

[quote]When I picture her, I see her with a stern look on her face , mouth open in mid- speech, and wagging her index finger.

Wonder who she could have gotten that from?

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2020 5:07 PM

There was a middle period where she was nearly sensible and credible, but then the trans child vetting the Education Secretary bascially reignited the Pocohantas/fabulist perception of her.

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2020 5:27 PM

Can I still pick the Secretary of Education?

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2020 5:29 PM

I feel bad for her but I don’t feel bad for her blue checkmark surrogates and obsessive stans who are among some of the nastiest, most self-righteous people on Twitter - second only to The Bros.

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2020 5:34 PM

^ Yah! That's our job now!

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2020 5:36 PM

Kate McKinnon nailed it on SNL last week "I'm really popular with educated white women who own large dogs and rock a fleece vest seven days a week."

She just came off like the woman at the library who didn't just recommend you take echinacea but wouldn't stop arguing with you about it until you'd signed a blood oath to go to the locally owned Natural Foods Mart and buy some of the exact brand she'd recommended, which was clearly better than all other brands.

The fact that she didn't seem to have a family (she does, but WTF are they?) didn't help

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2020 5:38 PM

She fucked up..she trusted herself

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2020 5:39 PM

Nah Pete fans and Pete himself will never be cool enough on Twitter to start pulling some of that shit ...

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2020 5:40 PM

She. like Hillary, is also someone who while very smart and capable, would not be a very good CEO.

Liz is your Chief Strategy Officer, the person who sees trends long before they happen.

Amy, OTOH, would make a very good CEO

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Left candidates do not win general elections.

by Anonymousreply 25February 12, 2020 5:41 PM

Women have held the top job all over the world... as far back as Thatcher in the UK and Ghandi in India... lots of Scandavian countries... New Zealand.... just not here yet because the right woman, with those intangible qualities that add up to electable, hasn't come along seeking the presidency (and be realistic, they've only just started seeking the presidency - through no fault of their own.) I don't deny whoever she is is fighting centuries of stereotypes.

But take a hard look at Warren and she's an odd, geeky, hyperactive character. Sort of a female Barney Fife. I kept expecting her dissolve into uncontrolled laugher. She may be the smartest person in the race, but for me she never came across as somebody who - frankly, who wouldn't judge me. I think that's a big thing you got from Warren: you know she's just dying to tell you why you need to think like her. She's SJW lite.

by Anonymousreply 26February 12, 2020 5:46 PM

", many of these voters seemed to switch to Pete Buttigieg, another outwardly brainy candidate with professional-class appeal, who subtly reversed himself on single payer early enough in the race for nobody to notice"

Why do people keep repeating this lie?. Buttigieg was never in favor of single payer, he's always talked about a public option.

by Anonymousreply 27February 12, 2020 5:48 PM

I agree about the pandering. Trans issue is so dividing, even within liberal circles. She didn't need to pander as everyone knew she was liberal. She can have a comeback, this general election is crazy. No one knows who can beat Trump. Bernie has his issues as well as Pete. I have major issues with Pete and it is not policy, well a little. The guy is just so rehearsed that nothing seems to come from the heart. So Pete is pandering, he is just doing it in a subtle way. Can someone confirm or correct me, which I know you will do, I'm confused about his military experience. I understand he was in Afghanistan, but exactly how long was he in the military?

by Anonymousreply 28February 12, 2020 5:51 PM

Really R27. There is a tweet for that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 12, 2020 5:55 PM

R28 Long enough to take selfies for Chasten's scrapbook

by Anonymousreply 30February 12, 2020 5:55 PM

I think Warren is amazing. She's done more than anyone to bring corporate corruption into public discourse and into the Senate and government.

by Anonymousreply 31February 12, 2020 5:55 PM

R31 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 32February 12, 2020 5:56 PM

R29, MFA didn't necessarily mean single payer in 2018. There were different interpretations of it. In 2017, Bernie supported a plan that was basically Pete's current plan

As long as he's been running, he's talked about medicare for all who want it.

by Anonymousreply 33February 12, 2020 5:58 PM

The problem with Warren, who remains my favorite candidate, is that she actually tried to create a policy and budget around Medicare for All.

Its high expense (although it's cheaper overall than what we have now) was easy fodder for her enemies and rivals to publicize and confuse the public. And then she sort of pulled back instead of supporting it whole heartedly like Bernie has.

Bernie just says he's for it without revealing a fully-thought out policy paper and budget and people still support him unabashedly.

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2020 6:02 PM

The Bernie sexism row played a big part.

For those who don't believe her, it just made her seem like a typical politician trying to take down her opponents with lies (not aided by denying it was her campaign which leaked the story).

For those who do believe her, it just raised the question of why didn't you say anything about it earlier? And why have you been happy enough to pal around with someone who said something like that until now?

by Anonymousreply 35February 12, 2020 6:09 PM

That's the thing about Bernie's MFA plan

If you took 50 of his Bros and asked them what MFA would actually look like--how it would work, what the user experience would be like--you'd get 50 very different answers. And that's without bothering with the "how would we fund this?" question

The benefit of keeping it vague.

by Anonymousreply 36February 12, 2020 6:14 PM

I love Elizabeth Warren. She's a fighter. I like her better than Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 37February 12, 2020 6:17 PM

Warren tried to be the most Left-Leaning, the most Progressive, the most Woke. The problem is that the voters looking for a candidate like that already had one in Bernie Sanders, and Liz didn't have anything that was going to convince them to switch allegiances. Bernie's supporters are extremely devout. Her coming for him after that one debate to accuse him of sexism didn't help. She came off as a panderer and not genuine, which is unfortunate since she had SOME good ideas that got forgotten about because of the nonsensical ones.

Notice how Bernie's poll numbers rose (since approximately December/January) at around the same time that Liz's dropped. Mathematics.

by Anonymousreply 38February 12, 2020 6:21 PM

She's been talking about corruption and Wall Street for months or years, and yet some of you have written her off as a panderer because she spent about a split second talking about the trans thing.

And she DOES have something that Bernie can't offer: she has plans that are grounded in reality and hard numbers.

by Anonymousreply 39February 12, 2020 6:26 PM

DNA test + Fired While Pregnant + Wine Caves + Bernie Lied + Trans Child Vetter

by Anonymousreply 40February 12, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote]Iowa is 90% White. New Hampshire is 93%.

Incidentally, they have some of the lowest violent crime rates of all 50 states.

by Anonymousreply 41February 12, 2020 6:29 PM

[quote]She's been talking about corruption and Wall Street for months or years, and yet some of you have written her off as a panderer because she spent about a split second talking about the trans thing.

Sorry that's all the time it takes to turn voters off. Tangents like make people think 'she's not like me; she's not worried about what I'm worried about; she's just saying those things to get my vote.' They are unfair and not representative, but that's the game. It is those little fuck ups that crystallize or characterize the doubt. 'I was for it, before I was against it.'

Rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly, Liz Warren came into this with a lot of baggage, she did things to compound her problems, and paid the price. She is not the first person and won't be the last person in the long, long line of people who would have made a fine president but never will be.

by Anonymousreply 42February 12, 2020 6:37 PM

She was the problem. Always had an issue with credibility. Plus she need heap wampum to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 43February 12, 2020 6:38 PM

Elizabeth Warren: More trans! More! More! Trans women of color MUST be CENTERED!!!!

Also Elizabeth Warren: Why isn't anyone voting for me?!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44February 12, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote]she spent about a split second talking about the trans thing.

Which is 300x longer than any significant voting block has been talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 45February 12, 2020 6:44 PM

What I find fascinating watching this Warren supporter meltdown is that they all gone to the same place -- sexism. But when you ask one of them about Amy doing so well, they clam up. Amy's a woman. Amy did well last night. So is Amy K. the wrong kind of woman in the same way that Pete is the wrong kind of gay for these people.

It seems like progressives only like you if you are 1) a stereotype and 2) giving away free stuff that you can't pay for.

by Anonymousreply 46February 12, 2020 6:51 PM

That should have been "is that they all went to the same place"

by Anonymousreply 47February 12, 2020 6:52 PM

It will be sexism when Amy implodes too. No one can ever seem to accept that a woman can suck as a candidate every bit as much as a man, because they're so invested in the narrative arc. Same thing with Pete, for that matter... it was homophobia, not that somehow somebody else managed broader appeal.

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2020 6:57 PM

Ah'm gonna miss her frettin' about mammas and daddies and lil babies....

by Anonymousreply 49February 12, 2020 7:05 PM

Started to feel (and sound) like a Lily Tomlin character. Meanwhile, Mayor Pete is killing it and nicely done.

by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]MFA...although it's cheaper overall than what we have now).

This isn't a one size fits all answer. It really depends on the person and situation. It would not be cheaper for young/healthy people who get their insurance throughout their employer. If your single or a couple with no kids then it wouldn't be cheaper.

Bernie's calculator in 2016 showed that it wasn't necessarily cheaper for all... That and the gaping holes in his plan was a problem for him back then.

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2020 7:23 PM

She'll remain in the Senate. She will continue the fight from there. She's an honorable, erudite, committed leader. If Pete's smart, hell bring her into the administration.

by Anonymousreply 52February 12, 2020 7:25 PM

Ugh... Throughout = through Your = you're

by Anonymousreply 53February 12, 2020 7:27 PM

Liz is like Hillary

They are smart and capable but not cut out for the top job. They don't inspire, they don't lead.

It's not sexism because Amy OTOH seems to have what it takes to inspire and lead. She's big picture oriented, they are too details oriented, often miss the forest for the trees

by Anonymousreply 54February 12, 2020 7:28 PM

She's pulled all of her television advertising from South Carolina and Nevada.

by Anonymousreply 55February 12, 2020 7:29 PM

You know, it’s just the democratic Party’s luck that Bernie will have another heart attack...and still keep running. Or have another heart attack & die, fucking everything up.

by Anonymousreply 56February 12, 2020 7:31 PM

[quote] Maybe it was all the half truths and flip flops that did her in.

You mean her sins and her moccasins.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2020 7:38 PM

R24, if Liz can see trends before they happen, why does she dress the way she does?

by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote] When I picture her, I see her with a stern look on her face , mouth open in mid- speech, and wagging her index finger.

Why do you picture Bernie when you think about Liz?

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2020 7:48 PM

Bernie cannot beat Trump. Vote Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 60February 12, 2020 8:30 PM

She’s a liar. I mean, all of the candidates lie but she lied about the dumbest things. Her race. Her children’s schooling. Things that can be easily verifiable. She’s a horrible politician. Brilliant woman but a BAD candidate.

by Anonymousreply 61February 12, 2020 8:34 PM

She triggers bad childhood memories in a lot of people of being berated by a spinster school teacher.

by Anonymousreply 62February 12, 2020 8:43 PM

R62, sadly, most of the female candidates. For me, the only one who didn’t was Williamson.

She reminded me of the school psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 63February 12, 2020 8:45 PM

Mayor Pete is actually exciting. Didn't see that coming.. We are in a time when the old school anything does not play.

I want "Mr. Pete Goes to Washington."

by Anonymousreply 64February 13, 2020 12:45 AM

The real question now is who does she endorse--and either now or later? If she's smart she will stay in the race, amass 5-10% of the delegates and then go in to the (most likely) brokered convention and then cut a deal. Or she can endorse Amy now and then lose whatever power she has when Amy hits the skids.

by Anonymousreply 65February 13, 2020 12:56 AM

R56 and you know Bernie will do it too! We are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 66February 13, 2020 12:59 AM

When she went in full with Medicare for All and then said she would phase it in added to the criticism about her having truth issues.

by Anonymousreply 67February 13, 2020 1:09 AM

Pocahontas is done - even some smoke signals cannot save that campaign!

by Anonymousreply 68February 13, 2020 1:17 AM

Her plans were too specific and too early. Sanders' chicken in every pot approach would have worked better. I guess she wasn't a conman and politician enough but the kind who got shit done. She'd have been a refreshing and dynamite POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 69February 13, 2020 1:18 AM

She was done the day the Native American story came out. That plus shrillness.

by Anonymousreply 70February 13, 2020 1:28 AM

She was my #1 choice at one time. Then came the wine caves, followed by the "Bernie said the bad thing" leak. I wanted to hear about plans and policy, not attacks on other primary candidates. Her once outstanding work at the CFPB was overshadowed and made her seem more like an overt opportunist tinged with dishonesty. The turn she took when she began attacking other primary opponents in lieu of talking about the future and the plans of a potential Warren administration was repellent.

by Anonymousreply 71February 13, 2020 1:30 AM

Voters do not like women who have detailed plans.

Exhibit A) Hillary.

Exhibit B) Warren.

by Anonymousreply 72February 13, 2020 1:31 AM

Some things that Warren's teams should have done:

When they tried to nail her down with specifics on her MFA plan, that is when her team she have gone all in on Bernie and his lack of specifics. All she had to do was shed light on the fact that Bernie's plan is a bunch of promises with no numbers and no specifics.

Instead of trying to be Bernie with a vagina, she should have gone the moderate, reasonable route, instead she went all Twitter Progressive and while that plays well on Twitter, it is a non-starter for most people who want to stop Trump's madness, but not turn the country into a progressive's playground.

She should have stayed away from the divisive issues. People want to hear about pocket book/kitchen table issues, save the social justice stuff until after you have the job.

by Anonymousreply 73February 13, 2020 1:39 AM

[quote] Bernie with a vagina

Based on the T flag at Bernie's office, that is not a mental image I wish to contemplate. Never type those words in that order again.

by Anonymousreply 74February 13, 2020 1:45 AM

She was just like Hillary in that she had no warmth. She cannot connect with people. She tried to humanize herself and it came across as cringe inducing. Remember the video where she pops the beer and tries to have a pow-wow? It's like a SNL parody. "I'm gonna get me a beer" That's what your Southern alcoholic grandmother would say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 13, 2020 1:54 AM

Considering that back in the day she would have been punished with the ducking stool for being an old scold, just losing the nomination isn't that much. Sadly though, the loss won't be enough to cure her of her ill-temper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 13, 2020 1:54 AM

In the video at r75, Warren thanks her husband for being there. It's supposedly their home. Where else would he be? Out campaigning with the boys for Mayor Pete?

by Anonymousreply 77February 13, 2020 1:57 AM

Her momentum stopped when she threw Bernie under the bus for saying a woman couldn't win, and the resulting refusal to shake his hand after that debate. I think most people were turned off by that. It was a bad PR stunt that backfired.

by Anonymousreply 78February 13, 2020 1:57 AM

Bernie gave trump the election in 2016, with a little lotta help from the ruskies. He will do it again in 2020, even if he is NOT the nominee, as he is The Spoiler ( attended Ralph Nader school of fucking his own party).

Bloomberg is the only one IMHO who could possibly beat the clown. He is moderate enough to appeal to Rethugs with half a brain, independents .

No prez can be elected with this one size fits all Medicare crap. Bloomberg will retool Obamacare and most importantly he has $$$$&

by Anonymousreply 79February 13, 2020 1:58 AM

Bloomberg isn’t gonna retool shit. You’re buying his snake oil. He has SIXTY billion dollars. He doesn’t care about you.

by Anonymousreply 80February 13, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote]Bloomberg isn’t gonna retool shit. You’re buying his snake oil. He has SIXTY billion dollars. He doesn’t care about you.

And his record as Mayor of NYC proves that. He sold out the middle class. And if he did it in NYC, he'll do it as POTUS.

Read my lips: He doesn't fucking care about you. He only wants to be POTUS to stroke his ego. He'll sell you to the Chinese faster than you can get into your caftan and get your earrings on.

by Anonymousreply 81February 13, 2020 2:08 AM

Warren didn't talk about trans for "one second". She pandered relentlessly on the topic. It was just that the asking a child who to choose for Secretary of Education was the most blatantly absurd and made her look insane.

She was one of the first, if not the first, candidates to put her pronouns in her bio. She staged that trans child asking her a question at the HRC town hall. She threw real women under the bus promising to put convicted male criminals who identify as women in women's prisons, no qualifications (such as the dick chop), no exceptions (such as convicted serial rapists).

Anyone paying attention to her campaign who was even slightly skeptical of trans would be turned off by that bullshit. The pandering made her look weak and desperate. The actual policies made her look stupid at best and insane at worst.

by Anonymousreply 82February 13, 2020 2:12 AM

A short billionaire Jew from NYC is not very palatable to much of America.

by Anonymousreply 83February 13, 2020 2:12 AM

[quote]A short billionaire Jew from NYC is not very palatable to much of America.

I used to think that about Bernie Sanders, but here he is on his second go round and gaining traction.

by Anonymousreply 84February 13, 2020 2:23 AM

Liz and her idiot staffers (I know one personally) were scared to death of being abandoned by the SJWs who had appointed her Most Competent Ally for about 9 months (before that, early in the race when there was still hope that some "perfect" POC candidate was going to blow in and dazzle the woke and cow the unfriendly centrists, they despised her---I believe because of the Fauxahontas thing). Making the idiotic assumption that these people were her base, she spent a lot of time cultivating an image that appealed primarily to them. So dumb---she could have been reaching put to small town America, former Republicans (she used to be one)---instead, shes tweeting "Dump the guy who ghosted you. And I'll take care of your student loans." Sad---not her biggest fan, but I think shes better than that. And when push came to shove, she went after Bernie, which was short-sighted---if he had another heart attack, she would have been the go-to candidate for his supporters (and I say this as a supporter). Don't think that's going to happen anymore.

by Anonymousreply 85February 13, 2020 2:24 AM

All of this is just chatter. We all know Hillary will fly in on her broomstick during the convention. We will see a Trump/Hillary rematch.

by Anonymousreply 86February 13, 2020 2:27 AM

Thanks r82, was just going to say the same.

By pandering to every fringe group that approached her, Warren came across as WEAK. “Oh, some men wanna be in female prisons? I’m for it! Some cam girls demand sex trafficking laws be dismantled? I’m there!”

You can only prostrate so much until it’s clear to voters that you’re utterly spineless.

by Anonymousreply 87February 13, 2020 2:27 AM

Shit. I’m sad

by Anonymousreply 88February 13, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote]People want to hear about pocket book/kitchen table issues

No, they don’t. They just say that they do. And Democrats will be making a big mistake if they focus on that too much in the general.

by Anonymousreply 89February 13, 2020 2:32 AM

Muricans don't like Injuns.

by Anonymousreply 90February 13, 2020 2:35 AM

She's a LUG who didn't get the college memo (lesbian until graduation). co-eds may vote a LUG into student government but they won't make her POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 91February 13, 2020 2:41 AM

Warren is a TUNH = trans until New Hampshire

by Anonymousreply 92February 13, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote] She triggers bad childhood memories in a lot of people of being berated by a spinster school teacher.

Maybe vote with your brain and not your feelings?

by Anonymousreply 93February 13, 2020 3:50 AM

Does she still have brothers who were in the military? I've never heard her bring that up.

by Anonymousreply 94February 13, 2020 4:18 AM

Who wrote this? Some kind of Bernie Bro?

by Anonymousreply 95February 13, 2020 5:00 AM

r84 New England isn't the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 96February 13, 2020 5:25 AM

What they don't tell the general public about Medicare for All is that Medicare itself charges a monthly fee (taken from your Social Security check) and then, it covers 80% of your medical expenses. If you have big medical expense, you have to pay the other 20% yourself. Have they addressed Medigap insurance you can buy that will cover the other 20%? Bernie and Warren try to make it sound like Medicare covers everything you might possibly need, except that it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 97February 13, 2020 5:32 AM

One big difference between Bloomberg and Trump is that Bloomberg is very happy to spend his own money and Trump tried like hell to act like a big shot but doesn't want to spend any of his own money, always others if he can help it and charge them for the privilege.

by Anonymousreply 98February 13, 2020 5:36 AM

Bernie’s going to get Mexico to pay the other 20%.

by Anonymousreply 99February 13, 2020 5:36 AM

I know she wanted to appear 'passionate', but it always came across as insincere/borderline campy. "I'm a-fightin' for ya with every fiber of my being".

Until she ran for POTUS her interviews were always interesting. Maybe she had some bad advice.

by Anonymousreply 100February 13, 2020 6:38 AM

Her house in Cambridge, MA is currently valued at $4,500,000.00.

by Anonymousreply 101February 13, 2020 6:50 AM

R101 Would that be the same one she bought in 1995 with her husband for $475,000????

by Anonymousreply 102February 13, 2020 7:10 AM

r98 Yeah, I always thought OrangeAss was a skinflint. I bet it ticks off his family and acquaintances. McDs, Burger King, KFC...yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 103February 13, 2020 7:12 AM

Sorry the actual number is 447,000.

by Anonymousreply 104February 13, 2020 7:13 AM

Awesome, r22.

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2020 9:35 AM

Here's what Americans don't want, and sadly, it is Trump who has his stubby fingers on the pulse:

Old ladies. Yeah, yeah, Hillary, popular vote, Comey, Russians. She lost. But even if Hillary actually won, it can also be partially attributed to her very popular spouse.

Elizabeth looks old and old-fashioned. Wire-rims? Really? And what shade is her hair, exactly? Never mind the style.

Have Democrats learned nothing in a half-century? Americans do not vote for detailed policies; we like Big Pictures and Bumper Slogans. MAGA on a billcap beats the financial info of M4A any day and twice on Sunday.

"Pocahontas" did her in. Period. It's not that she merely claimed NA heritage; it's that she used this unverified assertion to obtain college aid. Voters can understand about college aid more than many can understand or care about Trump's laundering of Russian loans through Justin Kennedy's Deutsche Bank.

I would like to vote for a Pete-Kamala ticket.

by Anonymousreply 106February 13, 2020 10:16 AM

Warren's primary platform is anti-corruption and fair taxes. While universal healthcare is the best option for all, she was wrong to present it the way she did. Many who have good healthcare now would be less spooked if she offered public option for those who don't have it.

by Anonymousreply 107February 13, 2020 10:32 AM

Warren is smart and she had a real chance. She made some major stumbles, however, and the health care thing was one of them. Talking about doing away with private insurance was looney tunes, as was the trans education advisor business. I don’t know who told her that was a good idea, and I say that as someone who generally supports the trans community.

Focusing more on her experience with anti-corruption would’ve been the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 108February 13, 2020 1:01 PM

[quote] "Pocahontas" did her in. Period. It's not that she merely claimed NA heritage; it's that she used this unverified assertion to obtain college aid.

No, she did not use NA heritage to get college aid.

by Anonymousreply 109February 13, 2020 10:11 PM

She really worked hard to lock down the black tranny vote.

by Anonymousreply 110February 13, 2020 11:04 PM

The gonads less travelled.

by Anonymousreply 111February 13, 2020 11:17 PM

Who will Huffpo shill for now?

by Anonymousreply 112February 13, 2020 11:20 PM

[QUOTE] Who wrote this? Some kind of Bernie Bro?

R95, the author has no record of bias toward any Democratic candidate. Otherwise I wouldn’t have posted it.

by Anonymousreply 113February 14, 2020 12:09 AM

Did I mention she had brothers in the military?

by Anonymousreply 114February 14, 2020 12:51 AM

"Did I mention she had brothers in the military?"

Here they are at a Veterans Day celebration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 14, 2020 1:10 AM

One of the things that likely hurt her is that the only family member you ever saw her with was the dog.

I have no idea how old her kids are, if she's a grandmother, what her husband looks like.

OTOH, I know Amy K has a daughter named Abby and what her husband looks like and that Pete has a husband named Chasten and two dogs.

(And of course the Bidens and the Sanders too.)

by Anonymousreply 116February 14, 2020 2:17 AM

Warren has transformed from a wonkish bankruptcy professor with some decent ideas about economic policy to a pandering, aggrieved, identity-mongering whiner who is somehow less authentic than Hillary. The Dem professional class who hastened this transformation are absolute losers

by Anonymousreply 117February 14, 2020 2:18 AM

Agree 100% with your assessment R117

Sage and succinct.

Kudos.

by Anonymousreply 118February 14, 2020 2:20 AM

^^It's that voice she uses during the debates.

You know she doesn't sound like that when she's talking to her friends. It's the voice that older women put on when they're talking to strangers on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 119February 14, 2020 2:22 AM

Warren starts practically every answer to questions with the word "So". So it's kind of annoying. I liked her for a while, but she really is quite of strident when she gets into her spiel. Plus she wouldn't give a direct answer about how she was going to pay for Medicare for All. She's not really a natural speaker, like Hillary. Hillary learned, but at heart she was that nerdy brilliant girl with glasses at Yale that there are pictures of. She was always fighting that. Klobuchar besides smarts and a proven record also has an ability to talk like a human being who can show empathy. Hillary, like Warren, when she first was First Lady tried to do health care all by herself without taking any input from anyone else. I'm pretty sure Klobuchar would listen and try to get the best plan that can be passed by Congress -- you have to deal with Republicans regardless of whoever thinks they have the best plans. She has gotten a lot of laws passed -- with this Congress, which is something. Warren wants to do things her way, which doesn't read well, but then again, so does Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 120February 14, 2020 2:37 AM

R109, I stand corrected, and gladly so.

However, there do exist strong implications that Harvard benefited from her at the very least chatter about her understanding of her family background, when the school needed to show diversity in hiring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 14, 2020 2:53 AM

Biden, Bernie, Buttigieg, Bloomberg, Klobuchar, Warren.

Find the name with the missing Presidential letter.

by Anonymousreply 122February 14, 2020 2:55 AM

She told the truth. You can't have health care coverage for everyone unless it is for everyone. It's a risk/cost management truth. The risk pool has to be the entire country in order to make the price affordable for everyone. Pete's magic Medicare for all Who Want It can't work financially. It will only be the really sick, the unemployed, and the poor in it under his plan. It is financially unsustainable but Pete's lying about it and people are buying it. Bernie isn't lying about it but he doesn't have the plan actually outlined financially the way Warren did.

People are too stupid to understand details. People like to be lied to and that's why we have Trump. It's also likely while we'll be stuck with the fucker again. (Well, that and all the cheating...but I guess that's just a different form of being lied to.)

by Anonymousreply 123February 14, 2020 3:06 AM

"People are too stupid to understand details."

You're catching on, r123. But you can be kind and include "overwhelmed with family, job or none, bills, health problems, life."

Gotta get a slogan. A motto. Short-hand. Fifteen words or less and a boxtop from Kellogg's.

"Health Force."

"Healthcare: The People's New Frontier."

"80% For the 99%." [Note: Currently Medicare usually pays 80% of a medical bill.]

"It Takes Healthy People To Build a Village."

"Your Grandmother Would Want You to Have Medicare. And Chicken Soup."

" E Pluribus Unum: Out of Many, One Healthcare System."

"'How Are You Paying?' Is Not a Medical Question."

by Anonymousreply 124February 14, 2020 3:53 AM

[quote]I'm pretty sure Klobuchar would listen and try to get the best plan that can be passed by Congress -- you have to deal with Republicans regardless of whoever thinks they have the best plans. She has gotten a lot of laws passed -- with this Congress,

That’s Klobuchar’s best asset. She knows the current Congress inside out and knows how to wheel and deal. She’s not going to propose things that she’s knows don’t have the votes and aren’t going to go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 125February 14, 2020 5:15 AM

She’s now begging for $7 million. If she gets fourth in Nevada, it’s over. She won’t have the resources for Super Tuesday.

She’s the perfect example of why “woke” identity politics gets you shit in real life. She had a chance to steal some of bernies support when she was talking about progressive policies. Instead she pivoted to going on tangents about trannies picking her cabinet members and whatever other non sense. Her advisors are horrible.

by Anonymousreply 126February 14, 2020 6:19 AM

The beginning of the end was the beer in her kitchen. She really thinks we are all idiots.

by Anonymousreply 127February 15, 2020 1:48 PM

I love Deval Patrick. But he’s from friggjn Massachusetts. Don’t they realize they can’t win from there?

by Anonymousreply 128February 15, 2020 1:52 PM

Warren hasn't faded based on platform. She is simply annoying to listen to. She uses very heavy rhetorical devises and its like the offscreen adults in Peanuts. 30 seconds into her boilerplate utterances, the mind glazes over.

by Anonymousreply 129February 15, 2020 1:53 PM

Bernie needs her to hang on now to spearhead the offense against Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 130February 15, 2020 1:54 PM

devices

by Anonymousreply 131February 15, 2020 1:55 PM

I’m worried Bloomberg won’t be acceptable to African Americans. His past criticism of Obama is a bad sign

by Anonymousreply 132February 15, 2020 2:09 PM

R132, Have you seen the television ad he's been running featuring Obama?

by Anonymousreply 133February 15, 2020 2:15 PM

R128, He dropped out.

by Anonymousreply 134February 15, 2020 2:17 PM

Factions in the Democratic party will have to be reasonable adults to consider if they want 4 more years of Trump or an imperfect replacement. History and the current rat fuck suggest many Dems are incapable of such basic reasoning skills.

by Anonymousreply 135February 15, 2020 2:20 PM

Compare her social feeds, Twitter in particular, to those of any of the other candidates and you'll understand why she is in the place she's in.

Not that Twitter determines the election, but the tonality, the face that her campaign doesn't seem to get the medium is the issue.

As has been noted, she is another Hillary-- a smart and capable person who is much better suited for a behind-the-scenes strategy role.

by Anonymousreply 136February 15, 2020 2:27 PM

^^fact, not face

by Anonymousreply 137February 15, 2020 2:27 PM

She should have focused strictly on economic policy where she’s strong and knowledgeable. Instead she started pandering to trannies and promising reparations.

by Anonymousreply 138February 15, 2020 3:01 PM

The reparations questions are gotcha questions. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't support it.

by Anonymousreply 139February 15, 2020 3:10 PM

True

by Anonymousreply 140February 15, 2020 3:34 PM

She looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 141February 15, 2020 3:46 PM

More Bloomberg Bombs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 15, 2020 3:58 PM

More Bloomberg Bombs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 15, 2020 3:58 PM

She used to seem like such a knowledgeable person who understood that the root of most domestic problems lay in the disparity between rich and poor. But then she started doing weird stuff like getting a story published about Bernie supposedly saying a woman couldn't win the presidency and escalating it into a dramatic showdown; having applicants for Secretary of Education vetted by a trans kid, and ranting about "wine caves," - which was particularly weird because they're called cellars, and they've been used for ages. It's not a practice that rich people just invented.

What happened to the woman who used to head the CFBP? Are septuagenarian candidates just prone to going off the rails?

by Anonymousreply 144February 15, 2020 3:59 PM

So R142 and R143, what's you're saying is Bloomie is DLer?

by Anonymousreply 145February 15, 2020 4:01 PM

She deprived the citizens of Massachusetts of hunky Scott Brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 15, 2020 4:10 PM

Warren is on Kasie DC and she sounds near death.

by Anonymousreply 147February 17, 2020 12:33 AM

No she doesn't R147. She is hoarse. You are a perfect example of someone taking their prejudices and projecting something that isn't there.

by Anonymousreply 148February 17, 2020 12:36 AM

Her attempt to smear Bernie (who has never done the same to her ) spectacularly backfired. Not only smacked of desperation, but pettiness. She always gets her panties in a bunch over something (that's not sexist, I'd say the same about a man). Her tweetstorm/meltdown when she "went after" Trump a few years back made her look like a thin-skinned fool. And now she's all over the place, not even seeming to back her fellow progressives but to be aligning with Klobuchar. And I think she was hacked when AOC, Omar, Tlaib and Jayapal all endorsed Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2020 12:41 AM

She did her usual backpedaling (on M4A and other issues) which makes her look like she can't make up her mind or be consistent. Not helped by her various lies. She seems to lie on the regular, then get very butthurt when it's pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 150February 17, 2020 12:45 AM

She does seem the bend the truth quite often.

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2020 1:02 AM

[quote] Warren is smart and she had a real chance. She made some major stumbles, however, and the health care thing was one of them. Talking about doing away with private insurance was looney tunes

Just the opposite, she started losing ground when she attempted to distance herself from Medicare For All. Sanders is in first place so apparently many don't think it's so loony

by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2020 1:06 AM

The idea of Medicare for All isn't really, but the reality of passing it when even a number of Democrats don't want to vote for it, is unrealistic. Even AOC said so this week pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2020 1:43 AM

She just started sounding like an Elizabeth Warren See N Say* toy. Just pull the string and hear Liz say, "My brothers were in the military".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 17, 2020 1:50 AM

All of the candidates repeat the same lines and anecdotes over and over, r154. It's cheesy and annoying to be sure, but there's no reason to single Warren out for it.

by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2020 2:41 AM

If elected POTUS, a very big if, would she continue dressing like a gym teacher?

Has she ever been photographed wearing a dress or evening gown?

by Anonymousreply 156February 17, 2020 3:32 AM

R127 Lol. I'm still voting for her.

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2020 3:41 AM

[quote] If elected POTUS, a very big if, would she continue dressing like a gym teacher?

Really, r156? That's the best you can do? Why not dare to be different and become one of the first DLers in history to offer a legitimate, intelligent reason to vote or not vote for someone?

by Anonymousreply 158February 17, 2020 3:44 AM

Oh shut up

by Anonymousreply 159February 17, 2020 3:47 AM

R143 Oh no, not fat people! Not an oppressed minority!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2020 4:53 AM

R158, Not being pleased with the way a candidate presents themself is, indeed, a legitimate reason not to vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2020 7:47 AM

She was a solid candidate, but her messaging was all over the place. She pandered to lots of groups, and gave the impression that she wasn’t honest about a LOT of things.

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2020 9:35 AM

^ Exactly... she would have made a fine moderate with an emphasis on consumer protection. But, no, trans teens picking cabinet..... great idea.

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2020 12:05 PM

Go back to Democratic Underground, r158.

by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2020 2:36 PM

Did Liz lose her voice from throatfucking too many on the fence voters?

by Anonymousreply 165February 18, 2020 7:27 AM

She was probably under impression that only MSNBC viewers were allowed to vote in Democrats Primary . Unfortunately for her this is not the case.

by Anonymousreply 166February 18, 2020 8:22 AM

She was probably under impression that only MSNBC viewers were allowed to vote in Democrats Primary . Unfortunately for her this is not the case.

by Anonymousreply 167February 18, 2020 8:22 AM

Does anyone think she was probably under the impression that only MSNBC viewers were allowed to vote in the Democratic primary?

by Anonymousreply 168February 18, 2020 11:01 AM

I think both Sanders and Warren were wrong to adopt the language of "Medicare for All."

Medicare is a program whose beneficiaries (and people nearing beneficiary age) like it, in some range from begrudgingly to heartily. But for Americans at a greater remove from the actual program, I don't think it's seen as a standout "yeah, we want that!" model of low cost quality health care delivery, but rather something more akin to the smooth operation of a state department of motor vehicles office. The name has a lot of baggage/poor associations that makes the idea difficult to get behind with much enthusiasm.

To the extent that that specific issues is a factor in Warren's decline, I suspect the message carried better with Sanders than with Warren.

by Anonymousreply 169February 18, 2020 11:29 AM

Warren's problem on M4A was she wasn't glued to it. She tried to wiggle and that reanimated a lot of doubt about her... plus, in contrast, Bernie was glued to it.

If she had stuck to her guns, she would have, I think, seemed less radical in many other areas than Bernie and might well have outflanked him with a different coalition of backers. Might have... she had a lot of other flaws as a candidate that got her in way too.

by Anonymousreply 170February 18, 2020 11:37 AM

Apparently r166 thru r168 was under the impression that if you post the same dumb thought three times in a row it will sound smarter.

by Anonymousreply 171February 18, 2020 11:50 AM

R171 must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 172February 18, 2020 11:55 AM

I just heard her speaking. Sorry for being a reductionist but I feel she failed as a candidate based on her style, not substance. She has always been a notably annoying speaker and interviewee. She is better in conversation but conversations are not the basis of the media portion of campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 173February 18, 2020 11:56 AM

[quote] I think both Sanders and Warren were wrong to adopt the language of "Medicare for All."

Of course. Voters in good group plans, especially the so-called “Cadillac” plans, don’t want to be on Medicare. Plus, seniors aren’t going to want Medicare funds suddenly diverted to pay claims for young working people. If there’s more money in the Medicare pot, they are going to rightfully demand that it go to increase their benefits and to start covering LTC. Medicare for All should have had different branding, as coverage for non-seniors.

by Anonymousreply 174February 18, 2020 5:23 PM

There’s no reasonable way to pay for Medicare-for-All, and voters know it.

Bernie simply avoids the question of how to pay, or sometimes he admits that taxes will go up.

Warren’s plan is dependent on a wealth tax, which will never get passed.

by Anonymousreply 175February 18, 2020 7:25 PM

I dunno if we can blame Warren and Bernie for the hard choices of how to pay for universal care. Saying there is no reasonable way to do it is an easy out. Somehow, every other post-industrial so called rich country figured it the fuck out. What is the USA's problem? All Warren and Bernie are saying is that the "liberal" platform should be that health care is a human right in such a situation. The USA is not, after all, Bangladesh.

by Anonymousreply 176February 18, 2020 10:08 PM

If there's money for the boondoggle "Space Force,"....

Warren is about to cut her own throat soon, by attacking Bloomberg as an "egomaniac billionaire." People like his aggressive stance towards Trump.

by Anonymousreply 177February 19, 2020 12:56 PM

Opposition research is going to have a field day with Bloomberg

by Anonymousreply 178February 19, 2020 1:15 PM

Bloomberg as the nominee would be a bigger disaster than Sanders. Neither one is electable.

by Anonymousreply 179February 19, 2020 1:21 PM

R178, unique insight lol.

by Anonymousreply 180February 19, 2020 1:45 PM

She was lashing out at nearly everyone tonight at the debate, showing how desperate she is at her standing. More than once, somebody in the room yelled out "Shut up, Elizabeth!".

by Anonymousreply 181February 20, 2020 3:37 AM

Nobody cared that Trump was a pig: raping, lying, insulting, cheating. Why should the Democrats be held to the Purity test?

by Anonymousreply 182February 20, 2020 3:46 AM

Desperation is not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 183February 20, 2020 3:53 AM

She didn't look desperate, she looked prepared. She came in with a clear strategy and it succeeded. She won the debate full stop.

by Anonymousreply 184February 20, 2020 3:56 AM

She was strident out of the box; granted, I didn't mind it against Bloomberg, but than later on she morphed in the midst of the same speech, hitting Amy with "Post-It", Pete with some other crap and someone else. She was like Edith Bunker during the menopause episode of "All in the Family" yelling at Archie Bunker and anyone else who tried to interrupt her.

by Anonymousreply 185February 20, 2020 3:58 AM

Biden did actually pretty well tonight. I wouldn't mind Biden-Klobuchar ticket, as they are both aligned moderates, he'd bring in black and Latinos and she'd bring in the Midwest and independents and possibly moderate Republicans who can't abide Trump.

by Anonymousreply 186February 20, 2020 4:00 AM

Warren looked strong tonight. I wouldn’t count her out yet.

by Anonymousreply 187February 20, 2020 4:37 AM

She was extremely strong tonight. OP's gleeful message of demise is too hasty.

by Anonymousreply 188February 20, 2020 4:41 AM

Warren looked and sounded like a bitchie tattletail tonight.

by Anonymousreply 189February 20, 2020 9:02 AM

We're going to tax the billionaires and that will bring in billions and billions of dollars to give to traditionally black American colleges so trans people of color can go to school without debt and raise their babies with nutritious food

by Anonymousreply 190February 20, 2020 9:09 AM

R189=Mike Bloomberg.

R190=Trump troll.

by Anonymousreply 191February 20, 2020 1:13 PM

What upcoming states does she look good in, R187 and R188?

by Anonymousreply 192February 20, 2020 1:29 PM

[quote]She was strident out of the box; granted, I didn't mind it against Bloomberg, but than later on she morphed in the midst of the same speech, hitting Amy with "Post-It", Pete with some other crap and someone else. She was like Edith Bunker during the menopause episode of "All in the Family" yelling at Archie Bunker and anyone else who tried to interrupt her.

I agree. Strong start, then overkill. She wants to win so badly, I credit her sincerity, but this isn't her time.

by Anonymousreply 193February 20, 2020 1:34 PM

R192, States of bitchiness and cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 194February 20, 2020 1:39 PM

Elizabeth's first husband, Jim, was a hottie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 20, 2020 1:43 PM

Anyone on that stage last night would make a decent President.

Beat. Trump. To. Death.

by Anonymousreply 196February 20, 2020 2:50 PM

She's so far back... it's a climb to take this back... she needs Sanders to implode, not a centrist. Even if she does destroy Bloomberg his constituency isn't a natural for her platform.

by Anonymousreply 197February 20, 2020 2:56 PM

Who are Bloomberg's constituents?

by Anonymousreply 198February 20, 2020 3:45 PM

Um, whoever makes up the percentage in the polls he currently commands? That support will go somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 199February 20, 2020 3:52 PM

She came across as too much of a harpy towards Bloomberg. When she was pounding him about the non-disclosure agreements, he should have turned around and said, "Are you going to pay back the salary you earned by being a Native American?" I'm not a Bloomberg fan, but Warren should have tempered herself in that segment. She went too far trying to pound him into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 200February 20, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote] "Are you going to pay back the salary you earned by being a Native American?" I'm not a Bloomberg fan, but Warren should have tempered herself in that segment. She went too far trying to pound him into the ground.

And for the SC debate on the 25th you can be he'll go as hard for her as she did for him. Except Bloomberg's line will be based on data, written by professionals and bullet proofed through focus groups. His only weakness will be his delivery but watch... for better or worse he will be better positioned to blow the lot of them out of the water than anybody on stage.

It's going to be the fucking Coliseum.

by Anonymousreply 201February 20, 2020 4:00 PM

Um, but who are they, really, R199? People who think a billionaire can buy enough voters turned off by Trump, that's my guess. It might be his "history" as mayor of NYC (though a lot of people like me who live in NYC were no fans of him--quite the opposite). I wonder what his poll number are today?

by Anonymousreply 202February 20, 2020 4:13 PM

Bloomberg should have pivoted to all he has given to women’s groups, thereby contrasting his support for women at large with the relatively small number of disgruntled women under NDA’s with his company...

by Anonymousreply 203February 20, 2020 4:17 PM

How do you know it's a relatively small number, R203? He wouldn't even say in the debate how many "disgruntled" women there were, or what their grievances were.

by Anonymousreply 204February 20, 2020 4:33 PM

It certainly is a relatively small number when contrasted with women at large. Don’t just pick portions of a statement to attack/question. Use your reading comprehension skills...

by Anonymousreply 205February 20, 2020 5:50 PM

Relatively small number doesn’t work for me

by Anonymousreply 206February 20, 2020 5:53 PM

New York gave us Bloomberg and Trump. Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 207February 20, 2020 7:32 PM

"It certainly is a relatively small number when contrasted with women at large."

Wow, what an endorsement of his innocence, R205! So with all the women in the world, he harassed only a small number of them. You don't do yourself much of a service in the articulation department.

by Anonymousreply 208February 20, 2020 9:22 PM

Grow up, R207. You want a list of all the wonderful people NYC gave the world? So fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 209February 20, 2020 9:23 PM

R208, 204, I guess I gave you too much credit when I exhorted you to use your reading comprehension skills, as you seem to have none. I wasn’t proclaiming his innocence, but was suggesting a debate tactic that Bloomberg might have employed. Bloomberg has given much money to women’s causes. The number of women aided by his giving to their causes dwarfs the number of women with NDA’s at his company. It’s hard to tell if you are willfully stupid or just plain stupid. Geesh...

by Anonymousreply 210February 20, 2020 10:14 PM

Legendary SuperPAC opponent Elizacrit Warren will be on one of CNN's town halls tonight! Cannot wait for more of her fine moral example.

by Anonymousreply 211February 20, 2020 11:38 PM

I enjoyed Liz's attacks on Bloomberg, but I'm not sure what she's aiming for...definitely not the presidency, as that ship has sailed. also---she's still vying for the approval of Twitter. when she started talking about environmental justice, and made it into a racial issue, i was floored. this woman is from Oklahoma---how could she turn something that is an issue of near-universal (intersectional, if you will) self-interest for working people living in rural areas into a lame attempt to prove how woke she is? how many debates are there before Super Tuesday? one?

by Anonymousreply 212February 21, 2020 1:14 AM

Bloomberg should have looked at Warren, then Sanders, then the rest while saying, "Oh, I'm the unwelcome rich guy, who grew up Middle Class and worked hard to make my business vision come to life. You don't want my experience, and you don't want my leadership. But you don't say no to my money when I donate to Democratic republic campaigns.

I have a question for all my fellow candidates up here: What do you not like about my anti-Trump commercials?"

by Anonymousreply 213February 21, 2020 2:51 AM

Scratch that errant "republic."

by Anonymousreply 214February 21, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote]"Oh, I'm the unwelcome rich guy, who grew up Middle Class and worked hard to make my business vision come to life.

You know this line would work on republican debate 7-8 years ago . Now this will not work even on populist republican base Because even they know these thing are not true. Only circle where these talking points " work is among small fringe of never Trumps Republican like Rick Wilson , Jennifer Rubin etc

by Anonymousreply 215February 21, 2020 3:31 AM

"I enjoyed Liz's attacks on Bloomberg, but I'm not sure what she's aiming for"

The female vote! Tampons and childcare will be free!

She doesn't understand that women vote for the richest guy in the room. They are helplessly drawn to money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 21, 2020 3:34 AM

Give us a break, r123. Bloomberg has been a Republican my entire adult life. He spoke at the Nazi rally that was the 2004 Republican Convention. I don't trust him not to hasten the deregulation of Finance, and continue the erosion of our Democratic institutions. I'll stay home before I vote for him---and he is the only Democratic candidate I can say that about.

by Anonymousreply 217February 21, 2020 3:34 AM

You are a fucking idiot R216.

by Anonymousreply 218February 21, 2020 3:37 AM

R208 posts like one of Bloomie's paid shills. "Bloomberg has given much money to women’s causes. The number of women aided by his giving to their causes dwarfs the number of women with NDA’s at his company." You sound like a press release, R208!

R208=Mike Bloomberg troll

by Anonymousreply 219February 21, 2020 3:42 AM

^^^Sorry, kids. R208 should actually be R210 above!^^^

Let me fix that: R210 posts like one of Bloomie's paid shills. "Bloomberg has given much money to women’s causes. The number of women aided by his giving to their causes dwarfs the number of women with NDA’s at his company." You sound like a press release, R210!

R210=Mike Bloomberg troll

by Anonymousreply 220February 21, 2020 3:44 AM

Bloomberg is a creepy fucker. Look how he pretends women "wanted to keep it private" after they were he harassed them.

[quote]BLOOMBERG: None of them accuse me of doing anything, other than maybe they didn't like a joke I told. And let me just -- and let me -- there's agreements between two parties that wanted to keep it quiet and that's up to them. They signed those agreements, and we'll live with it.

[quote]WARREN: So, wait, when you say it is up to -- I just want to be clear. Some is how many? And -- and when you -- and when you say they signed them and they wanted them, if they wish now to speak out and tell their side of the story about what it is they allege, that's now OK with you? You're releasing them on television tonight? Is that right?

[quote]WARREN: Is that right, tonight?

[quote]BLOOMBERG: Senator, the company and somebody else, in this case -- a man or a woman or it could be more than that, they decided when they made an agreement they wanted to keep it quiet for everybody's interests.

BIDEN: Come on.

BLOOMBERG: They signed the agreements and that's what we're going to live with.

BUTTIGIEG: You could release them now.

WARREN: I'm sorry. No, the question is...

BLOOMBERG: I heard your question.

[quote]WARREN: ... are the women bound by being muzzled by you and you could release them from that immediately? Because, understand, this is not just a question of the mayor's character. This is also a question about electability.

[quote]We are not going to beat Donald Trump with a man who has who knows how many nondisclosure agreements and the drip, drip, drip of stories of women saying they have been harassed and discriminated against.

[quote]That's not what we do as Democrats.

[quote]JACKSON: Mr. Vice President?

[quote]BIDEN: Look, let's get something straight here. It's easy. All the mayor has to do is say, "You are released from the nondisclosure agreement," period.

[quote]We talk about transparency here. This guy got himself in trouble saying that there was a non -- that he couldn't disclose what he did. He went to his company...

[quote]BIDEN: But he said -- he went to the company and said I want to be released, I want to be able to do it. Look, this is about transparency from the very beginning, whether it's your health record, whether it's your taxes, whether it's whether you have cases against you, whether or not people have signed nondisclosure agreements.

[quote]You think the women, in fact, were ready to say I don't want anybody to know about what you did to me? That's not how it works. The way it works is they say, look, this is what you did to me and the mayor comes along and his attorneys said, I will give you this amount of money if you promise you will never say anything. That's how it works.

[quote]JACKSON: Mayor Bloomberg, final word to you?

[quote]BLOOMBERG: I've said we're not going to get -- to end these agreements because they were made consensually and they have every right to expect that they will stay private.

(AUDIENCE BOOS)

by Anonymousreply 221February 21, 2020 4:07 AM

R198, Everybody who realizes that Trump's booting is Priority One?

Just guessing, here.

Bernie rails like he thinks this election is like every other. Elizabeth thinks Americans are taking notes in our 3-ring binders. Amy and Pete are like squabbling siblings. Joe is rubbing all his flints together, but they just can't catch fire; he brings neither programs nor passion.

Bloomie HATES TRUMP. He KNOWS from Trump and all his NYC Russian Mob connections. He KNOWS of Trump's racism, stiffing of contractors, shady deals, etc. Bloomberg knows, first and foremost, of Trump's financial realities. You don't get to have billions of dollars and an entire financial news network AND be Mayor of Trump's hometown without learning all about Trump. And then HATING HIM.

Bloomberg will remind Americans of what the rest on stage seem too polite, prissy, or wrong-headedly pragmatic to mention: that Trump AND THREE OF HIS ADULT OFFSPRING misused to the point of its being DISBANDED and their being fined MILLIONS, their bogus "Trump Foundation."

That "Trump University" was a gigantic scam, and that maybe the Democrats on stage talking about student loans might once at least REMIND AMERICA. (Of course, Bernie cannot, as his crooked spouse caused a college to declare bankruptcy and close.)

That Trump CHARGES THE SECRET SERVICE to stay in his branded hotels! And remember when he made Pence land close to Trump's golf course in Scotland, way out of the way?

Bloomberg will not shy away from these and other unsavory truths of Trump greed.

And he had the perfect retort to attacks on his personal tax situation: "I wasn't in Congress. And what about your three homes, Bernie?"

Finally, if Sanders or any of his supporters thinks that "Communism" was below the belt, they have no idea yet of how Trump doesn't even acknowledge there IS a belt.

Bloomberg might not have been debate-ready, but he is decidedly Trump-ready.

by Anonymousreply 222February 21, 2020 10:02 AM

R215, English, please.

by Anonymousreply 223February 21, 2020 10:04 AM

Oh, Joe, are you kidding with the harumphing about Bloomberg and women's accusations?!

ANITA HILL.

by Anonymousreply 224February 21, 2020 10:11 AM

A shifty troll is working really hard for Bloomberg . Honey, you are not going to change anybody's ' mind

by Anonymousreply 225February 21, 2020 10:18 AM

This thread should be renamed as Mini Mike's sad last days

by Anonymousreply 226February 21, 2020 10:25 AM

Fine, r225. FTR, I really, really want to see Joe Biden succeed. He's a bona fide Democrat, never a Republican (Warren, Bloomberg) or an Independent (Sanders), for one thing, same as me. As a Senator and as a VP he has worked to help Americans below the 1%. He can still use his "taking the train to work" anecdotes, because after our being shell-shocked in the past three years, Americans need to hear of normal behaviors in our leaders. But at 70, I am fully cognizant of the political and personal baggage Joe takes on that train.

That said, in the Pennsylvania Primary I will vote for Biden. Indeed, I have a campaign slogan for him: "11/03/20. Biden Time."

But I fervently wish he would follow the lead of his former boss, and get "FIRED UP! READY TO GO!" Instead of looking and sounding like the elderly man he is.

by Anonymousreply 227February 21, 2020 10:42 AM

Bloomberg would not have been able to release anyone from any legally binding agreement from his lectern on a debate stage. We don’t have the kind of legal system where a man can divorce a woman by repeating the words “I divorce you!” three times in front of a witness. (Yet, anyway. Trump’s buddies wouldn’t mind setting up their theocracy.)

First, he would have to be a party to the agreement, and secondly, there would have to be *something* in writing, witnessed and notarized.

That whole charade was bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 228February 21, 2020 11:45 AM

Wait.... is she now going to pitch her healthcare plan as "Medicare for SOME?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 23, 2020 11:00 PM

What was that about Elizabeth Warren's sad last days?

"New CBS/YouGov national poll just out:

Sanders 28% Warren 19% Biden 17% Bloomberg 13% Buttigieg 10% Klobuchar 5% Steyer 2% Gabbard 1%"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 23, 2020 11:27 PM

Thank you, R230.

by Anonymousreply 231February 23, 2020 11:28 PM

I love the Warren bumpersticker and Adam Green's response: "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

by Anonymousreply 232February 23, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote] "New CBS/YouGov national poll just out:

And how many primaries has she won so far? Just as a refresher, to date, this is the delegate count according to AP:

Bernie - 31

Mayor Pete - 22

Sleepy Joe - 8

Liz Warren - 8

Amy Klo - 7

by Anonymousreply 233February 23, 2020 11:34 PM

Her attacks on Bloomberg were the final straw for me. Trying to re-litigate lawsuits onstage that were already settled. Jealous that he's richer than she is. Then she made a snide comment about his height after the Nevada results were in. It will be so satisfying to hear her concession speech.

The women running were all trying to keep their 'inner bitch' in check, with mixed results. Thankfully, they're all but faded.

by Anonymousreply 234February 23, 2020 11:47 PM

But R234, he isn't richer--she is. She has $12 million; he has less than $2 million.

"The women running were all trying to keep their 'inner bitch' in check, with mixed results. Thankfully, they're all but faded." R234, you type misogynist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 23, 2020 11:51 PM

#222 is right. You need a New Yorker to fight another New Yorker. You know they're gonna 'go there'. Bloomberg's 'Communism' jab at Bernie shows he's got some fangs.

But I doubt if Trump will debate Bloomberg or Bernie. What is he going to say? "Give me 4 more years to accomplish what I didn't the first four? I swear I'm a genius".

Oh no doubt he spends most of time studying debate with the Republicans, being coached. But after all the one-liners and cutdowns- what do you have to show for your time in office?

by Anonymousreply 236February 23, 2020 11:55 PM

I don't think New Yorkers are particularly tough, or loathsome, if that's the inference.

by Anonymousreply 237February 23, 2020 11:57 PM

I wouldn’t count her out yet.

by Anonymousreply 238February 23, 2020 11:59 PM

I just want to know when the fuck Warren became a moderate?

by Anonymousreply 239February 24, 2020 12:03 AM

Remember when people said Obama had to watch it and not seem "uppity?" Well now they are saying the women have to watch it or they will sound bitchy. Straight white men get a pass for their shitty behavior all the time.

by Anonymousreply 240February 24, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote] We don’t have the kind of legal system where a man can divorce a woman by repeating the words “I divorce you!” three times in front of a witness. (Yet, anyway. Trump’s buddies wouldn’t mind setting up their theocracy.)

Exactly which religions allow for this r228?

by Anonymousreply 241February 24, 2020 12:23 AM

She came in 4th in the Nevada caucus.

by Anonymousreply 242February 24, 2020 2:22 AM

The Nevada caucus didn't reflect her debate performance, because of early voting; the poll at R230 does.

Still, she'd have a tough path ahead of her. It helps that she explicitly states, "I'm not a democratic socialist," so she doesn't have Bernie's baggage on that score.

by Anonymousreply 243February 24, 2020 2:42 AM

I'll say she isn't, R243. She's worth $12 million. But Bernie's worth close to $2 million.

by Anonymousreply 244February 24, 2020 2:45 AM

[quote] Still, she'd have a tough path ahead of her. It helps that she explicitly states, "I'm not a democratic socialist," so she doesn't have Bernie's baggage on that score.

I have to laugh at the denial going on here. Bernie has opened up a huge lead. His rallies are being attended by tens of thousands. How do you think that "baggage" is hurting him, exactly? A tough path ahead of her to what? She's not going to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 245February 24, 2020 2:50 AM

Swing states--R245--heard of 'em? PA, Ohio, Indiana, Florida, Wisconsin...they will NEVER vote for Sanders, you silly twat.

by Anonymousreply 246February 24, 2020 2:54 AM

I don't buy it. I could see Wisconsin going for Sanders easily.

by Anonymousreply 247February 24, 2020 3:02 AM

[quote]How do you think that "baggage" is hurting him, exactly?

Yes, R245 - do you actually read DL? There are people all over these threads who won't vote for him because they say he's a socialist. It's TOTALLY baggage. I think it's stupid too but it's reality.

Anyway, she's second in the poll out today from CBS. I doubt she'll get the nomination too, but if Bernie has another heart attack (not exactly unlikely), she's poised to step in.

by Anonymousreply 248February 24, 2020 3:04 AM

You don't buy it, R247? Fine. What about PA, Ohio, Florida, Indiana...

by Anonymousreply 249February 24, 2020 3:04 AM

Did Warren ask what the fuck Sanders is doing declaring himself a dem candidate (again) when he aint a dem and proud of it?

by Anonymousreply 250February 24, 2020 3:04 AM

The problem they both have in the Midwest is not "socialism" (Robert LaFollette was from Wisconsin, after all) but the way they want to ban fracking.

by Anonymousreply 251February 24, 2020 3:08 AM

PA is a heavy fracking state, and Sanders in his last debate said PA would just have to live with it after he bans fracking.

We're doomed. Trump is the luckiest fucker in the world.

by Anonymousreply 252February 24, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote] I have to laugh at the denial going on here. Bernie has opened up a huge lead. His rallies are being attended by tens of thousands. How do you think that "baggage" is hurting him, exactly?

Are you aware that the Dem primaries are followed by a general election?

by Anonymousreply 253February 24, 2020 3:21 AM

[R246] So I'm a silly twat and Bernie will never win Wisconsin? He won Wisconsin in 2016 by 10 percentage points.

by Anonymousreply 254February 24, 2020 3:26 AM

No, they don't seem to be, R253. Idiots.

R254--Ohio, PA, Florida, Indiana...I'll wait for your spin on those states.

by Anonymousreply 255February 24, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote] Are you aware that the Dem primaries are followed by a general election?

Yes and if Warren isn't even predicted to win her home state in a primary you expect her to win in a general election. And Bernie beats Trump by more of a % than Warren in every poll.

And Sanders also won the Indiana primary in 2016 . You can look this stuff up. I don't have to spin it. Clinton won the other three but she's not in the race this time and I can see Bernie winning in at least Ohio and Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 256February 24, 2020 3:33 AM

"And Sanders also won the Indiana primary in 2016 ."

And who won Wisconsin and Indiana in the general election, R256? Was it...Trump? Yes. It was.

by Anonymousreply 257February 24, 2020 3:36 AM

Oh, and Trump also won PA, and Ohio, and Indiana, and Florida...

by Anonymousreply 258February 24, 2020 3:37 AM

My point r256 was that it doesn't really matter who wins the Indiana (or wherever) Dem primary or how enthusiastically Dem voters there embrace Bernie and show up for his rallies, if the state has more red voters than blue. We can't win the general with a candidate who's got a large-ish and enthusiastic Dem base but no potential to flip some 2016 Trump voters.

[quote] Yes and if Warren isn't even predicted to win her home state in a primary you expect her to win in a general election.

I don't necessarily know that Warren can win the general, but I feel fairly certain that Bernie would lose. And to your point, guess what? Even if Warren lost MA in the primary, she'd win MA in the general because MA's never going to go for Trump in the general.

by Anonymousreply 259February 24, 2020 3:44 AM

What's your point? That somehow Warren can win in states that Hillary couldn't why? Hillary didn't even campaign in some of those states, Bernie probably would have won at least some of them. Working people aren't going to vote any more for the same people who decimated their communities with trade agreements that destroyed manufacturing in the US. Trump offered them hope, he said he would bring back jobs. He lied.

by Anonymousreply 260February 24, 2020 3:47 AM

[quote] And Sanders also won the Indiana primary in 2016 . You can look this stuff up. I don't have to spin it. Clinton won the other three but she's not in the race this time and I can see Bernie winning in at least Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Again, stop confusing primaries with the general. it wouldn't matter if Bernie won every single state in the primaries, if he could not win enough states in the general.

by Anonymousreply 261February 24, 2020 3:48 AM

"He lied."

And Americans HATE liars, right, R260?

by Anonymousreply 262February 24, 2020 3:49 AM

Bernie plans to ban all fracking and there is no way in hell PA will vote for him. Fracking in PA is bringing in a lot of money to farmers who otherwise would be broke.

by Anonymousreply 263February 24, 2020 3:51 AM

That's correct, R263.

by Anonymousreply 264February 24, 2020 3:55 AM

"And who won Wisconsin and Indiana in the general election, [R256]? Was it...Trump? Yes. It was."

Running against the candidate who...lost the primary? Yes?

by Anonymousreply 265February 24, 2020 4:03 AM

Liz is for me the female version of Bernie Sanders. which should be fairly obvious. I could and would vote for either of them and not be very surprised about crap like Medicare for All never happened, because if a Democratic Party President replaces the Supreme Leader trump, lotta people will be having a tizzy. I will be having a fizzy, as in champagne bubbles, but that does not matter. Liz seems somehow to be hiding behind her feminine wiles. With Bernie, you know you got a crankety ol fart and you move on. I am just so goddamn sick of the endless drama of trump attempting cartwheels so he could be one of the cool kids. Aint gonna happen, orangey.

by Anonymousreply 266February 24, 2020 4:12 AM

Bernie's pro-Communism and pro-Castro interview on "60 Minutes" should put a halt to his surging lead.

by Anonymousreply 267February 24, 2020 6:06 AM

Vote blue, no matter who...

by Anonymousreply 268February 24, 2020 1:29 PM

[QUOTE] Bernie's pro-Communism and pro-Castro interview on "60 Minutes" should put a halt to his surging lead.

He doesn’t really need to surge any further. So long as all of these candidates remain in the race and he holds onto what he has now, it’s enough to win the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 269February 24, 2020 1:35 PM

I wish I could understand why Warren isn't running as a more electable alternative to Bernie. There is something afoul with her hands off approach to Bernie. Has she been threatened by the bros or something.

by Anonymousreply 270February 24, 2020 1:39 PM

[quote]Liz is for me the female version of Bernie Sanders. which should be fairly obvious.

She's somewhere between Bernie and Pete/Biden. She wants the same things but she's actually planned out how to get those things. She's also clearly not a capitalist.

However she only vaguely goes after Bernie.

1. Because she probably doesn't want to piss off his followers.

2. Because she's likely genuinely serious when she says they're friends and she's attempting to be loyal.

3. Because he likely has some kind of a role for her in his administration. (I'd say at the least in Treasury.)

That being said you'd think people would pick up on this and she'd be doing much better than she is.

by Anonymousreply 271February 24, 2020 1:51 PM

Elizabeth Warren can do the job as President, but she lacks the personality and charisma for the job. Same with Amy. Biden has it, but he's senile. Bernie is just a bully. Pete has the "it" factor. He's calm like Kennedy, energetic like Clinton, and eloquent like Obama.

by Anonymousreply 272February 25, 2020 9:17 AM

R272, I agree with you, but too bad he is gay.

The rethugs will never vote for him. They would rather have a crook in office.

Plus been to a black church lately? I have. Its OK if you stay in the closet.

Other than that, Pete is an excellent choice.

by Anonymousreply 273February 25, 2020 9:28 AM

[quote]We can't win the general with a candidate who's got a large-ish and enthusiastic Dem base but no potential to flip some 2016 Trump voters.

Not only can he not flip Trump voters, but Sanders will turn off many moderate Dems who will just stay home. He’s very divisive and should not be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 274February 25, 2020 9:29 AM

[quote]Plus been to a black church lately? I have. Its OK if you stay in the closet.

It’s also OK with those black churches that the black community has the highest out-of-wedlock birth in the US, and black women also have the highest abortion rates.

Those black churches are FULL of hypocrisy and everybody sees it.

by Anonymousreply 275February 25, 2020 9:31 AM

Pete be stealing our mens away from us!

by Anonymousreply 276February 25, 2020 12:35 PM

[quote]Plus been to a black church lately? I have. Its OK if you stay in the closet.

Oh, please. Not all black churches have this problem and there are MORE THAN PLENTY of white churches that have this problem.

Hell, Brigham Young (BYU) just removed their homosexuality ban from their honor code THIS PAST WEEK.

by Anonymousreply 277February 25, 2020 1:53 PM

[quote]Vote blue, no matter who...

Fuck that. I’ll write in Pete’s name.

by Anonymousreply 278February 25, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]Hell, Brigham Young (BYU) just removed their homosexuality ban from their honor code THIS PAST WEEK.

Yeah, but supposedly “liberal” Democrats don’t pander to these crazy white Evangelical and Mormon churches.

But they do pander to these horrible Black churches that are just as regressive.

The hypocrisy and double-standards need to be called out.

by Anonymousreply 279February 25, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote] The hypocrisy and double-standards need to be called out.

It's liberal Democrats that are always screaming "separation of church and state". That is, until they need to go into churches to get votes.

Democrats, thy name is Hypocrite!

by Anonymousreply 280February 25, 2020 5:59 PM

The campaign trail has exposed Warren's flaws. She's done.

This country is not ready for a woman to run the biggest power in the world. And they don't think she'd be able to manage our military.

It's Biden or Bloomberg, people. Wake up.

by Anonymousreply 281February 25, 2020 6:34 PM

[quote]It's Biden or Bloomberg, people. Wake up.

Wrong. It’s Pete.

by Anonymousreply 282February 25, 2020 6:36 PM

It's Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 283February 25, 2020 6:45 PM

[quote] Yeah, but supposedly “liberal” Democrats don’t pander to these crazy white Evangelical and Mormon churches. But they do pander to these horrible Black churches that are just as regressive.

Because one of these institutions is a source of Dem votes and the others generally are not.

[quote] The hypocrisy and double-standards need to be called out.

Yeah, let's start calling out a reliable voting bloc as regressive and homophobic smack in the middle of an election season. That'll work out well.

by Anonymousreply 284February 25, 2020 6:49 PM

[quote] It's Biden or Bloomberg, people

Warren's done, but you think Biden's still viable? Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 285February 25, 2020 6:51 PM

Warren is not done. She has the money to continue. Pete is struggling with money and if he doesn't do well in SC and super Tuesday he is done.

by Anonymousreply 286February 25, 2020 6:57 PM

I'm sorry you donated a bunch of money to Pete, #282 (and all the rest of you with your pet candidates and contributions). But New York and San Fran are not typical of the U.S. And your esoteric choices for POTUS will not fly. America is not in the mood for minorities and gays and women.

Bloomberg's Jewishness may even be a detriment. But if you want the most votes, it's either Biden or Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 287February 25, 2020 7:04 PM

If you want the most moderate, white, Midwestern voters, it's Amy.

by Anonymousreply 288February 25, 2020 7:08 PM

[quote]Yeah, let's start calling out a reliable voting bloc as regressive and homophobic smack in the middle of an election season. That'll work out well.

Just because they're allegedly "reliable" voters, doesn't mean they shouldn't also be called out for their homophobia and regressive religious views. The truth hurts sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 289February 25, 2020 7:10 PM

[quote] Just because they're allegedly "reliable" voters, doesn't mean they shouldn't also be called out for their homophobia and regressive religious views

Uh, yeah, in an election year, it does. And as long as they're willing to help vote in liberal candidates, their private views on gays and religion aren't any of your business in any year.

by Anonymousreply 290February 25, 2020 7:20 PM

What color jacket will Lizzie wear tonight?

by Anonymousreply 291February 25, 2020 9:48 PM

She needs a makeover.

by Anonymousreply 292February 25, 2020 10:02 PM

R291, if she can’t wear the violet one, perhaps the turquoise.

by Anonymousreply 293February 25, 2020 10:17 PM

Maybe the red.

by Anonymousreply 294February 25, 2020 10:39 PM

She should wear a black and brown one.

by Anonymousreply 295February 25, 2020 10:55 PM

She should wear some glasses that weren’t stolen from Ben Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 296February 25, 2020 10:58 PM

I like Liz. She offered a more sane progressive option for those of us who have some left of center opinions and who don't personally align with the constant invective of the trollish, hot mess Bernie campaign. I think trolls did her dirty with the "shrill Pocahontas" narrative.

by Anonymousreply 297February 25, 2020 11:09 PM

I consider Bernie and myself sane.

by Anonymousreply 298February 25, 2020 11:11 PM

R298, you probably are -- and I actually don't personally mind Bernie so much -- but a lot of your fellow Berners act like autistic middle school-age trolls on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 299February 25, 2020 11:16 PM

She really needs to attack Sanders hard tonight. If she doesn't, I don't think she has any real path forward.

by Anonymousreply 300February 25, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote]I think trolls did her dirty with the "shrill Pocahontas" narrative.

I'm sure she regrets handing it to them.

by Anonymousreply 301February 25, 2020 11:36 PM

R299 Actually that's exactly what you're acting like on the internet right now.

by Anonymousreply 302February 25, 2020 11:39 PM

Some people fear that if it gets very nasty poor Bernie will actually need medical attention right then and there.

by Anonymousreply 303February 25, 2020 11:40 PM

Who are these "some people" R303.

by Anonymousreply 304February 25, 2020 11:42 PM

^ The families von Bidengieg.

by Anonymousreply 305February 25, 2020 11:43 PM

Internet grumbling

by Anonymousreply 306February 25, 2020 11:43 PM

Sounds more like Trump R306.

by Anonymousreply 307February 25, 2020 11:46 PM

Amy should really be the one to attack Sanders hard, but she'll probably just go after Pete...because she truly can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 308February 25, 2020 11:48 PM

I was right, she wore the red jacket

by Anonymousreply 309February 26, 2020 12:58 AM

Bernie got riled when people started to boo him. Someone should have yelled out "get used to it now". Pete called him out for his wanting to return to '60s activism.

by Anonymousreply 310February 26, 2020 5:04 PM

R310 When did the thread become focused on Bernie? But yeah that activism...standing up for your principles, actually making a difference. So last century.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311February 26, 2020 6:53 PM

R310

"Pete called him out for his wanting to return to '60s activism."

Yes, that's exactly what I would expect to hear from a nearly lifelong closet-case, corporate stooge bible-thumper.

Painting people who actually stood up against the status quo of systemic oppression as 'rabble-rousing gripers'. You know, as opposed to brave gay role models like him who stayed snuggled up in his safe little closet and didn't rock the boat through the 90s... and the 00s... and beyond! Such a trailblazer.

by Anonymousreply 312February 26, 2020 7:19 PM

There's a reason it's called the status quo - because most people are generally comfortable with it. And most of the time, it's not some epic wrong that needs righting.

by Anonymousreply 313February 26, 2020 7:21 PM

R313

This has to be a quote from Harriet Tubman. No? Nelson Mandela?

Okay, well, inspiring nonetheless and a reflection of the deep fairness that has characterized the U.S. throughout its history.

Cheers. /sarcasm

by Anonymousreply 314February 26, 2020 8:03 PM

Enjoy your rage, Ooze. I can promise you you're the only one.

by Anonymousreply 315February 26, 2020 8:14 PM

As 'Running Fawn Liz' soon exits the scene, may she have a proper Native-American ritual of respect..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316February 26, 2020 8:43 PM

Members of the Cherokee Nation would like to have a word with Liz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317February 26, 2020 8:53 PM

She was a Reagan-Bush Republican who had claimed to be Native-American for University admissions and jobs. That's taking advantage of affirmative action.

Those parents who were caught fudging applications and forking out much money to buy their kids college admissions, are they any worse?

Now again, Liz's SJW mantra looks opportunistic.

by Anonymousreply 318February 26, 2020 9:05 PM

R317, And it's not "How!".

by Anonymousreply 319February 26, 2020 9:08 PM

$52,000,000,000.00 with no confident explanation of how to pay for it. Also 2% wealth tax - 100%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2%-2% = ZERO. Billionaires should pay tax on their income - not their wealth.

by Anonymousreply 320February 26, 2020 9:13 PM

[quote] She was a Reagan-Bush Republican who had claimed to be Native-American for University admissions and jobs. That's taking advantage of affirmative action.

She didn't vote for Reagan or Bush and she didn't use her NA claim to get into college or to get a job, but other than that you're 100 percent accurate.

by Anonymousreply 321February 26, 2020 10:17 PM

If only she'd run as the moderate... she might have had a chance. That she didn't, tell you something too.

by Anonymousreply 322February 26, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote] There's a reason it's called the status quo - because most people are generally comfortable with it. And most of the time, it's not some epic wrong that needs righting.

So 1960s civil rights activism wasn't an accomplishment and should never have happened because most (white) people were generally comfortable with the status quo at the time? I can understand Pete's point that 60s style activism may not be the best approach to today's problems, but what the hell was your point, r313?

by Anonymousreply 323February 26, 2020 10:22 PM

Does the same voice go with the young version? If so, I’ll pass.

by Anonymousreply 324February 26, 2020 10:24 PM

That there were moments where the status quo was far from acceptable, as there are moments where is it less than preferred, as there are moments where it's pretty damned good, as there are moments when variations existed simultaneously.... but the status quo isn't by definition unacceptable. That was the point. Of course if you're determined to be offended and furious about everything the status quo cannot be anything but awful and I leave you to it because you're too stupid to rate.

by Anonymousreply 325February 26, 2020 10:26 PM

We are still using 60's style activism R323.

by Anonymousreply 326February 26, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote] but the status quo isn't by definition unacceptable.

No, it's not, but r312 was clearly speaking of a very specific status quo (the systemic racism of the Jim Crow era), so I'm not sure how your post at r313 makes sense as a defense of Pete "calling out" Bernie (whom I do not even like) for his fondness for the activism that upset that status quo.

by Anonymousreply 327February 26, 2020 10:36 PM

[quote] We are still using 60's style activism [R323].

I'm aware of that, r326.

by Anonymousreply 328February 26, 2020 10:37 PM

Because it still works you idiot R328.

by Anonymousreply 329February 26, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote] Because it still works you idiot [R328].

I never said it didn't. I said I understood the point Pete was trying to make about it, that there may be fresher and more effective approaches. I made no comment on my own opinion of 60s style activism.

by Anonymousreply 330February 26, 2020 10:43 PM

^ To elaborate, I actually don't agree with Pete and think he was foolish to deride 60s activism, especially in South Carolina. But I could at least see that he had a point to make, whereas r313, in defending him, just sounded like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 331February 26, 2020 10:48 PM

R41 The low crime is because of a small population and a lack of large urban areas. In the middle of no where, who is around you to commit crimes?

by Anonymousreply 332February 26, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]So 1960s civil rights activism wasn't an accomplishment and should never have happened because most (white) people were generally comfortable with the status quo at the time?

Movements and revolutions and paradigm shifts and changes in the status quo... all happen organically and quickly when the public sentiment finally changes about an issue. They can’t be forced by some old Commie shouting and waving his finger in everyone’s face.

by Anonymousreply 333February 26, 2020 10:54 PM

R322 With Bernie's ascendance and Bloomberg in the mix she is coming out looking like a moderate... she should promise Pete and Klobuchar positions in her admin to get them to drop out and endorse her

by Anonymousreply 334February 26, 2020 10:55 PM

To all, I apologize for upsetting you so deeply. I am irretrievably stupid and deserve to die. I hope this will save you from over reacting further and thus chewing up time in your next therapy session which can no doubt be better used obsessing about other minor points in the flow of your day.

by Anonymousreply 335February 26, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote]she should promise Pete and Klobuchar positions in her admin to get them to drop out and endorse her

Pete and Amy know she can’t win. Why should they drop out for her?

by Anonymousreply 336February 26, 2020 11:01 PM

Buck up, r335. Arguing on DL is strictly entertainment; nobody's talking about it in therapy (I hope).

by Anonymousreply 337February 26, 2020 11:04 PM

R335, frankly, you probably should and I think we both know why.

by Anonymousreply 338February 26, 2020 11:07 PM

R336 It is even less likely for them... the field is wayyy to crowded still, if they want to do what's best for the country and prevent Bernie form being the nominee, they should drop out and endorse someone who can beat him

by Anonymousreply 339February 27, 2020 12:36 AM

R335, Can we have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 340February 27, 2020 1:58 AM

Warren is so busy pandering, she's lost all her common sense.

She's introduced a bill to move border wall money to fight coronavirus. Yes, Liz, having unknown people crossing the border during a plague is a winning idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341February 27, 2020 4:43 PM

^^^Doesn't know how most people get into the US illegally.

by Anonymousreply 342February 27, 2020 4:50 PM

Seriously, r342. The border wall, which is not yet built in many locations and falling down in others, is not keeping anyone from entering the US. The money would in fact be better spent fighting corona virus.

by Anonymousreply 343February 27, 2020 5:01 PM

Once again R343 you don't understand how most people get into the US illegally.

by Anonymousreply 344February 27, 2020 5:07 PM

I know that Trump's wall isn't responsible for keeping many people out, r344. I haven't even commented on how people get in, so I'm not sure what your point is.

by Anonymousreply 345February 27, 2020 5:30 PM

Republican till the mid-90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 27, 2020 7:16 PM

Fascinating article, r346. She's had an interesting ideological trajectory that seems to have been transformed by coming face to face with people's actual lived experiences, which untethered her from to her old beliefs when reality contradicted them. That kind of willingness to evolve makes me like her more. She's clearly not intransigent when faced with contrary data and facts, which are ideal qualities in an effective leader.

by Anonymousreply 347February 27, 2020 8:36 PM

I dislike her. I found the Politico story thinking it would be a good undercut of her. In fact I came away with a respect for her after reading it. I still think she's a joke but I can't deny she's sincere.

She and Bernie are the two most menacing candidates out there. They think they are so smart, absolutely right. There is no room for compromise.

by Anonymousreply 348February 27, 2020 9:01 PM

She's recently stared taking tens of millions in dark PAC money and she says she can't disclose the donors until after Super Tuesday.

She has no clear path to the nom, she's not projected to do well at all on ST, so who gives boatloads of money to an obviously losing candidate? Unless it's to try to block another candidate (Sanders) from getting enough delegates to have majority going into the convention.

I don't see how she can continue beyond ST but if she does it will be due to being funded by people who can't help her win, so their motive must be to muddy the waters for other candidates. And why she's willing to go there is very problematic.

by Anonymousreply 349February 29, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote]She's recently stared taking tens of millions in dark PAC money and she says she can't disclose the donors until after Super Tuesday.

That’s the problem with her. She makes all these sanctimonious speeches and rigid rules about various topics, and then she changes her positions when it suits her.

by Anonymousreply 350February 29, 2020 6:43 PM

R350 Yes. She's a flip flopper, and a sanctimonious one to boot.

by Anonymousreply 351February 29, 2020 6:56 PM

It's all misogyny. She solved the healthcare issue involving how to pay for it as well as handling people who like their employer-paid/subsidized insurance. The media pundits and her enemies pushed her on this, so she went back to the drawing board and worked it out. She sees all the intersecting pieces of the puzzle in terms of policy and how to make them fit together. She's brilliant and experiences and, as R347 notes, capable of learning from her experience.

People seem to find their own petty squabbles more important than saving the country. The candidate who is selected will be the test. November will show us that, one way or another, we'll end up with the country we deserve.

by Anonymousreply 352February 29, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote]She solved the healthcare issue involving how to pay for it as well as handling people who like their employer-paid/subsidized insurance.

She didn’t solve anything. Her funding for Medicare for All is dependent on her Wealth Tax...which will never get passed.

by Anonymousreply 353February 29, 2020 7:41 PM

Yeah and everyone who doesn't like Bernie, it's anti-semitism, and Pete, it's homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 354February 29, 2020 8:55 PM

😂 Third place in your home state?

by Anonymousreply 355March 4, 2020 2:02 AM

It’s official. Let the record show that Elizabeth Warren’s campaign ended on March 3, 2020 at 10:25 pm.

by Anonymousreply 356March 4, 2020 2:27 AM

R356, She'd better get herself a beer . . .

by Anonymousreply 357March 4, 2020 2:50 AM

She finished THIRD in her own home state.

When she first got into this race, people were sounding alarms that she wouldn’t be viable except in liberal coastal states.

Turns out, she’s not viable ANYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 358March 4, 2020 9:09 AM

She should never have played into the Republican justification gotcga-game of how are you going to pay for it?

She should have said rescind the Trump Tax Hoax, pass it by reconciliation and once it settles in, start cutting corporate subsidies and raising taxes on the obscenely wealthy.

Easy peasey.

by Anonymousreply 359March 4, 2020 9:34 AM

I do give her credit for ruining Bloomberg. And now she’s helping to ruin Sanders too!

by Anonymousreply 360March 4, 2020 10:03 AM

R359 I agree and that she insisted on dotting her i's and crossing her t's speaks to her antsy school-marm control queen faults. Which cost her.

by Anonymousreply 361March 4, 2020 11:28 AM

Michael Bloomberg once adjusted himself in front of a troop of Girl Scouts

by Anonymousreply 362March 4, 2020 12:53 PM

It is too bad. Because I think she is better than Biden, Sanders and Bloomberg. And would have hit Trump harder. But we this country and especially this site don't want a woman in charge. She will be belittled as a school marm or angry shrew. Old fucking men still in power in this country, and always will be.

by Anonymousreply 363March 4, 2020 1:00 PM

[QUOTE] Because I think she is better than Biden, Sanders and Bloomberg.

The people of Massachusetts beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 364March 4, 2020 1:07 PM

Biden even won the woman vote in Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 365March 4, 2020 1:17 PM

[quote]The people of Massachusetts beg to differ.

The same people who chose Mitt Romney as a governor?

by Anonymousreply 366March 4, 2020 1:21 PM

And they chose Elizabeth Warren as a Senator, R366. What does Romney have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 367March 4, 2020 1:25 PM

Life isn't fair. There have on several occasions in history been indications of that fact.

In terms of experience, I think it's beyond obvious that Biden is the best choice to be president, but if we are just looking at the people, their intelligence and position on the issues, Warren is the best choice. However, that's spoiled by the fact I mentioned initially, to some extent. She's an intelligent woman and that rubs many men, as well as a surprising number of women, the wrong way.

At least part of it is self-inflicted, however. She's all-in on the new woke preachiness, the sanctimonious "purer than thou" scolding that was part of the reason we have a vomiting baboon in the White House right now. She can be grating.

by Anonymousreply 368March 4, 2020 1:25 PM

It was YOU who deferred to the "people of Massachusetts," r364. So I'm perfectly in my right to help you understand their character.

by Anonymousreply 369March 4, 2020 1:26 PM

Wow, Warren lost BIG TIME. 3rd in her own state and just 36 delegates, so far. Any other top tier candidate who has performed as badly as she has would drop out. If she is a true progressive, she'd drop and back Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 370March 4, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote]Michael Bloomberg once adjusted himself in front of a troop of Girl Scouts

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 371March 4, 2020 1:27 PM

I wish Bloomberg would stay in, because I actually love Trump’s trolling of him on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 372March 4, 2020 2:04 PM

Nobody was calling Warren a school marm when she was attacking Trump on Hillary's behalf.

But like a lot of women, her downfall was getting into other people's business and finger pointing at other candidates fighting the same fight. If she had just stayed in her lane and focused on defeating Trump, she would have come out of this in a much better position.

by Anonymousreply 373March 4, 2020 4:55 PM

R363 PLEASE stop playing the woman card. Maybe it's just because Warren was not qualified and had crazy ideas.

by Anonymousreply 374March 4, 2020 4:57 PM

She is tone deaf in politics. Bizarre. "I'm going to make sure trans people vet my secretary of education." and so on and so on.

by Anonymousreply 375March 4, 2020 5:01 PM

She belongs behind the scenes, writing policies.

by Anonymousreply 376March 4, 2020 5:04 PM

CNN reports that the discussion is not if she should drop out, but which candidate she should endorse.

by Anonymousreply 377March 4, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote]She's an intelligent woman and that rubs many men, as well as a surprising number of women, the wrong way. At least part of it is self-inflicted, however.

It's not that she's an intelligent woman that rubs people the wrong way. It's that she's so stupid.

I knew she wouldn't make it when after that one debate, she stomps across the stage and confronts Sanders, while still live on tv. "Did you just call me a liar on national tv?" THAT was the day that Warren ended her campaign. She demonstrated she didn't have what it takes to be POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 378March 4, 2020 8:00 PM

Everyone was just not that into you.

by Anonymousreply 379March 4, 2020 8:06 PM

R I P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 4, 2020 8:47 PM

R378 - she had many bad moments. 1. The cringe worthy "I'm gonna get me a beer." 2. Not being able to defend or explain where $52,000,000,000,000.00 was coming from for her healthcare programs. 3. Not being able to handle the dad on stage when he asked if he was going to get reimbursed for his child's education that he just finished paying for. 4. Ducking behind her aid after getting off a private jet yet pushing climate change - very much came across as do as I say, not as I do. 5. Her really embarassing moment revealing she was in fact not of Native American heritage. 6. Her taxing the billionaire wealth at 2% a year. And the list goes on. She is a bad candidate and needs to go away but I am guessing the DNC has asked her to stay in to take votes from Bernie and prop up Biden.

by Anonymousreply 381March 4, 2020 9:02 PM

MSNBC reporting that she is staying in. No plans to suspend at this time.

by Anonymousreply 382March 4, 2020 9:30 PM

Good. She can continue building leverage to get some of her policies incorporated in the Dem platform.

People can shit on her all they want. IDGAF.

#TeamLiz

by Anonymousreply 383March 4, 2020 9:38 PM

[quote]Good. She can continue building leverage to get some of her policies incorporated in the Dem platform.

She should have been doing that all along, rather than flip-flopping on almost every issue.

by Anonymousreply 384March 4, 2020 9:45 PM

R364, No one is reveling more in Lizzie's demise than former Senator Scott Brown.

by Anonymousreply 385March 4, 2020 9:48 PM

Brown's a loser R385 so no one cares what he thinks.

by Anonymousreply 386March 4, 2020 9:52 PM

Just because Warren isn't going to be U.S. President, doesn't mean she has already had much greater political success than former U.S. Senator (of not even a full-term) and current ambassador to New Zealand/Samoa (under a Trump administration) Scott Brown, who was kicked off his perch by Warren in 2012. And, it's not like she's not done. She's still a current U.S. senator of one of the most populous states in the union, and if the Dem candidate wins the presidency, she may graduate to a cabinet position. We'll see. She'll still be a twice-elected U.S. Senator at minimum. And, oh yeah, she's an overall good person, especially compared to Scott Brown.

Last time I checked, Warren was 1-0 with Brown. I don't see it changing anytime soon. But, keep up the desperate attempts misogynist DLer R385.

by Anonymousreply 387March 4, 2020 10:02 PM

*doesn't mean she hasn't already had

by Anonymousreply 388March 4, 2020 10:02 PM

R387, Mrs. Mann will never live down the extreme humiliation of placing a distant third in a primary race in her own home state, making her vulnerable should she attempt a third term in the Senate.

What makes her primary loss more acute is that she lost soundly to a candidate who did not campaign or advertise in Massachusetts.

Major kick in the balls for your girl Lizzie.

by Anonymousreply 389March 4, 2020 10:44 PM

Warren routinely rails against big corporations on the campaign trail, but she accumulated a large sum of money throughout her years in government service, aiding corporations in getting around the bankruptcy laws that Congress hired her to help rewrite.

“A lot of people don’t realize that Elizabeth Warren in the mid-1990s was paid by us, by taxpayers, and hired by Congress to rewrite portions of bankruptcy law,” Schweizer explained.

“While she was doing that and after, she started going to large companies that would be affected by this law and said, ‘Hey, you know you can hire me, an expert. I will help you navigate around and through this law to your own benefit.’ And that’s what she did,” Schweizer said.

“So Dow Chemical hired her, Armstrong Worldwide — there’s a whole host of companies that did. And it’s the oldest game in Washington. You know, come to me powerful company, pay me lots of money, and I will help you interpret and get around a law that I myself actually wrote,” he continued, pointing out that she has made “millions of dollars” with those practices.

“And so she’s made millions of dollars doing that for corporations and she — by the way, in these cases or in these instances — represents the corporation,” he added. “She doesn’t represent the victims. You know with Dow Chemical it was women with breast implants. And the problems being caused there.”

“Warren’s expertise was used by a company fighting in court to limit its liability and payments to women,” one lawyer involved in the case stated, as Schweizer notes in Profiles in Corruption.

by Anonymousreply 390March 4, 2020 11:10 PM

R355, R358, R389, Jerry Brown came in third in his homestate in 1980 and second in 1992. In 1980, he may have dropped out by then, but only a few weeks before, he was a strong second in the Michigan caucuses. He became governor again in California the last decade.

And, R389, Warren coming third in Mass has no indication of what lies ahead in her political future.

by Anonymousreply 391March 4, 2020 11:28 PM

She’s a con artist. She’s STILL asking for donations knowing damn well she has no chance at the nomination. Anyone donating to her is an idiot. She proved last night that insane trannies on twitter defending you to the death is NOT a good thing.

Chief Sitting Bull needs to pack it up and head back to Cambridge. (Where she got THIRD - LOL)

by Anonymousreply 392March 4, 2020 11:30 PM

Using the term "Chief Sitting Bull" says enough about you, R392.

by Anonymousreply 393March 4, 2020 11:46 PM

[QUOTE] Mrs. Mann will never live down the extreme humiliation of placing a distant third in a primary race in her own home state, making her vulnerable should she attempt a third term in the Senate.

If I was a US Senator who ran for president and lost my own state in my party’s primary, I’d be so deflated that I’d not only drop out of the race but then resign from my office right afterward. I can’t imagine how soul crushing that must be. For her to have the balls to come out and make any kind of public appearance after that is a testament to her character, cause I’d probably turn into a hermit for a couple years.

by Anonymousreply 394March 4, 2020 11:59 PM

r393, I'm not r392, but I am a minority and it is fucking disgusting that Elizabeth Warren lied about her ethnicity to corruptly grab a Harvard job set aside for a member of that minority group.

In fact, to quote you, "that says enough about" Elizabeth Warren to tell me she is a con artist and an unethical disgrace of a human being. She's lucky that the worst she is called are joke Native American names. She deserves much worse.

by Anonymousreply 395March 5, 2020 12:00 AM

Her being "Native-American" was never considered by hiring committees at Harvard or four other previous law schools according to Boston Globe investigative reporting. Educate yourself, R395. Or just keeping repeating that lie. I'm not sure what there is to gain for you in that.

by Anonymousreply 396March 5, 2020 12:09 AM

*So, if you want to talk about "fucking digusting" in the context of lies, think about that.

by Anonymousreply 397March 5, 2020 12:10 AM

The Boston Globe is Warren's personal cheerleading squad, r397. If you want to cite a story, then at least make sure it's from a source with credibility on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 398March 5, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote] PLEASE stop playing the woman card. Maybe it's just because Warren was not qualified and had crazy ideas.

Explain Bernie Sanders then. Similar ideas, fewer qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 399March 5, 2020 12:14 AM

If you want to provide proof that Liz Warren claimed to be Native-American to her advantage with the Harvard hiring committee, then do so or STFU.

by Anonymousreply 400March 5, 2020 12:14 AM

she like the grouchy old history teacher in hi skool who would not compromise under any conditions. her way or da hi way.

and the tone of her voice, we had to wear ear plugs to not get ear damage from that weird screech.

by Anonymousreply 401March 5, 2020 12:15 AM

[quote] The Boston Globe is Warren's personal cheerleading squad, [R397]. If you want to cite a story, then at least make sure it's from a source with credibility on the subject

How about you cite a source indicating that Warren's Harvard job was set aside for a Native American or that Harvard considered her NA status when they hired her.

by Anonymousreply 402March 5, 2020 12:16 AM

she so humiliated at losing her home state, she may move to mexico ….

by Anonymousreply 403March 5, 2020 12:17 AM

Harvard touted her as a minority hire for DECADES before suddenly clamming up on the subject very recently

In 1993, Harvard Law School offered Warren a highly coveted tenured professor job. The record is clear as to how she obtained the offer -- Harvard had been the subject of a discrimination lawsuit at the time regarding its hiring practices, and the school was openly trying to hire women and people of color at its law school.

Warren did not begin her job until 1995 due to “family reasons,” but shortly after she started, Harvard Law School News Director Mike Chmura began touting her as the first woman of color to be given tenure at the institution. Here are just some of the references to her minority status:

1996: Spokesperson Chmura identifies Warren as a native American professor in the Harvard Crimson.

1997: In the Fordham Law Review, Chmura touts Warren as Harvard Law’s “first woman of color.”

1998: Chmura, in a letter to the New York Times, stated that the law school had appointed “eight women, including a Native American.” Three days later, the Crimson reiterated that “Harvard Law School has only one tenured minority woman, Gottlieb Professor Elizabeth Warren, who is Native American.”

1999: Harvard begins publishing its affirmative action plan on its website and lists a single Native American professor.

Public reports continued to list a single native American professor at the school intermittingly until 2011. The U.S. Department of Labor requires large employers like Harvard to collect diversity statistics annually. Based on public reporting, it is likely that Harvard reported Warren as a minority to the U.S. government during her time.

Looking at a timeline history from the law school’s own website, it lists many minority achievements, such as the first female president of the Harvard Law Review, the first black president of the Harvard Law Review (Barack Obama), and the first woman dean (Elena Kagan). But the school is noticeably silent on something it so publicly touted for decades – the first tenured female minority law school professor.

However, as of today, Lani Guinier claims on her Harvard law bio that she is the first tenured woman of color. There has been no public statement from Harvard recanting its false report that has lasted for over 20 years.

Did Harvard Law avoid legal actions and potential damages payable to minorities by falsely reporting to the U.S. Department of Labor that it had hired a tenured woman of color? Did other people of color lose an opportunity for advancement because Warren was classified as a native American woman? These questions have not been asked or answered. It is time to hear from Harvard on who truly was the first tenured woman of color at the law school."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404March 5, 2020 12:20 AM

The Cherokee nation says she lied and scammed.

"The letter cites reporting detailing how white people have scammed more than $800 million in no-bid federal contracts intended to support minority business owners by falsely claiming Native American and other minority heritages. The scammers routinely cite family legacy and the results of commerical DNA tests to substantiate their claims, as Warren did throughout her career. In light of those similarities, the letter asks for Warren to publicly denounce her family story of Native ancestry.

“When you still defend yourself by stating you believed what you heard growing up, you set a harmful example for these white people stealing Native identity and resources with stories very similar to your own,” the letter states."

Warren claimed to have Cherokee heritage for many years, which critics have charged allowed her to rise in academia before she entered politics. After withering criticism from President Trump, Warren released an infamous DNA test — which she quietly deleted evidence of a year later — showing that she was 1/1024th Native American.

The Massachusetts Democrat took widespread criticism from Native Americans in the aftermath of her DNA test, and last February she apologized to the Cherokee Nation for publicizing her results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 5, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote] Warren did not begin her job until 1995 due to “family reasons”

They wouldn’t offer her husband a position— that was the “family reason“. Liz wanted Bruce to come over with her as a package deal but Harvard wasn’t interested.

And Snatchy, that’s all from contemporary articles in the Harvard Crimson which is archived online. You can look it up.

by Anonymousreply 406March 5, 2020 12:33 AM

If Harvard was concerned about their faculty being overpopulated by white males, and their job search included women of any colour, Liz Warren qualified on her sex alone.

The family lore was a source of pride for Warren, which others are determined to distort and misrepresent and turn into something uglier than it was. Warren has learned some lessons which include that identity is claimed by tribal approval and acceptance first and foremost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 5, 2020 12:53 AM

Sorry, Snatch. The Boston Globe lacks credibility on Warren. If you can't find a more reputable source to back up your argument you're wasting your time posting. No one wants to read the Boston Globe's virtual reprint of Warren's press releases.

by Anonymousreply 408March 5, 2020 12:56 AM

Not only did Liz Warren finish 3rd in Massachusetts, she finished 4th in her native Oklahoma, trailing Biden, Sanders and Bloomberg.

"Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, who grew up in Oklahoma City and held a December rally here, had hoped her roots in the state would help propel her to success in Oklahoma."

Joe Kennedy III is presently taking on Sen. Ed Markey. He should have waited and taken on the politically wounded Liz Warren and assumed Ted Kennedy's seat.

by Anonymousreply 409March 5, 2020 1:01 AM

R408, Your assertion that it's not a reputable source doesn't negate the content within the article. People can read it for themselves. I attached it as it wasn't included in this thread/discussion.

My comments had little to do with the article, and stand for themselves. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.

by Anonymousreply 410March 5, 2020 1:04 AM

I'm from Massachusetts, and somehow I sense that she actually doesn't care that much and wasn't totally surprised that she didn't carry our state, because of the lots of negative feedback many people hear communicated loudly (correctly or no) regarding disdain for her supposed declaration of American Indian heritage and her spending most of her Mass. senator-elected time the last few years trekking instead across the country campaigning and raising money to run for President. Many here just think she's very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 411March 5, 2020 1:29 AM

It's a Warren campaign press release dressed up as an article, r410. The RealClear article comprehensively shoots it down.

by Anonymousreply 412March 5, 2020 1:29 AM

^here. Apologies. :(

by Anonymousreply 413March 5, 2020 1:30 AM

This link here goes into great (well-sourced) length about Warren's background and the legitimacy behind her belief that she was Native American stemming from family conditioning, her environment, etc.

You can make all of the arguments you want. But, the woman believed she was actually Native American to a significant enough degree. Had I been in her shoes, I would have as well.

How well she handled herself when she got called out on "facts" is an entirely different conversation. But, people hell-bent on crucifying her for this won't see any distinction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414March 5, 2020 1:31 AM

Unless she was never able to look in a mirror, I don't buy she believed she was Native American. She has a problem with telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 415March 5, 2020 1:34 AM

That's like saying someone who isn't dark-thinned can't possibly be Aboriginal, R415. It's actually quite the contrary.

Your comment is ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 416March 5, 2020 1:37 AM

*dark-skinned.

by Anonymousreply 417March 5, 2020 1:37 AM

Warren stated that her family lore talked about a Native American ancestry. She took a DNA test and it PROVED that she had distant NA ancestry.

Stop the bullshit.

Is it true that some NA tribe officially gave Trump the Indian name Talking Bullshit?

I am not happy that Talking Bullshit is in charge of the Corona Pandemic response.

by Anonymousreply 418March 5, 2020 2:26 AM

Let's move on with some genuine feedback from Warren supporters: When and if she drops out, which candidate will she endorse, or will she not endorse anyone? Interested to hear your opinions about what SHE will do, then, what you would advise her to do.

by Anonymousreply 419March 5, 2020 2:39 AM

I was born in Ireland. What do you think I would consider my ancestor? Add on that my parents telling me I was Irish. At this point the only thing I know is I might be a Taurus because I am stubborn.

by Anonymousreply 420March 5, 2020 2:59 AM

Don't worry Liz. When Al Gore was running for POTUS, he lost his home state Tennessee. But he got rich spouting global warming bullshit. So there is a life after losing.

by Anonymousreply 421March 5, 2020 3:02 AM

r421, No potato for YOU!

by Anonymousreply 422March 5, 2020 3:09 AM

R419, For now, my guess is that she won't endorse anyone. She is still trying to collect delegates so she can exert some influence over the convention platform. That's her #1 priority atp.

Right now, Biden looks to be starting to run away with this. Nothing is set stone, though. If her and Bernie still continue to perform at the levels they're at, they can be a force at the convention, especially if they're united.

I'm not a political consultant, so I don't know what I'd advise. She has to consider and weigh "party unity," her positions/beliefs, and her personal interests, amongst other factors.

by Anonymousreply 423March 5, 2020 3:17 AM

I suspect that if the BernieBros keep calling her names and harassing her, she might just endorse Biden before Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 424March 5, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote] I suspect that if the BernieBros keep calling her names and harassing her, she might just endorse Biden before Bernie.

I suspect you think it's ok to call people Bernie Bros. Which is name calling. And harassing.

by Anonymousreply 425March 5, 2020 4:09 AM

Bernie Bros and Bernie Bunnies

Insulting?

Nowhere near as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 426March 5, 2020 4:41 AM

The people who are in love with warren are normie libs who see themselves as committed progressives, they're Biden supporters who think they are Bernie's policy supporters with the addition of feminine cult projection.

by Anonymousreply 427March 5, 2020 6:06 AM

For any unaware . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428March 5, 2020 6:15 AM

R427 I'm a Liz supporter who was hoping to vote for her or Bernie in the GE and now I have to hold my nose to vote for Biden. I'm not getting anywhere near what I want, but, at the minimum, at least Joe will send that orange turd in The White House packing.

R428, Obama's handling of the banks isn't something to hold in awe.

R424 Putting Bernie supporters down with a misleading label isn't a great way to ingratiate them to voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 429March 5, 2020 6:49 AM

Liz knows Bernie is going down in flames so why would she bother endorsing him? Her endorsement at this point really needs nothing

by Anonymousreply 430March 5, 2020 7:09 AM

She looks like Mrs. Peacock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431March 5, 2020 7:12 AM

R431, There's nothing wrong with Mrs. Peacock. But, you've written that Liz "looks like shit," "needs a makeover," and derisively compared her to a man. You're not funny and you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 432March 5, 2020 7:30 AM

Kill it.

by Anonymousreply 433March 5, 2020 7:50 AM

Biden doesn't have the nomination locked down. Far from it. The establishment democrats weren't even behind Biden. If Jim Clyburn hasn't given his support Biden would have gone down in flames. In politics 24 hours is a long time. As we have seen, anything can happen to change the tide.

by Anonymousreply 434March 5, 2020 2:38 PM

Frankly, I don't believe Biden has the stamina to endure a vigorous campaign until November, if he is to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 435March 5, 2020 2:49 PM

It’s over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436March 5, 2020 2:50 PM

It's back to the reservation for Liz.

by Anonymousreply 437March 5, 2020 2:52 PM

Well, I'm bummed.

Not sure if she'll endorse anyone. But, it sounds like she was in talks behind the scenes with Bernie. I don't think that necessarily means she'll endorse him. It would be kind of exciting if she did though.

by Anonymousreply 438March 5, 2020 3:06 PM

Was there ever any talk she was involved directly or the talks advanced close to her? Often times if an announcement is coming you start conditioning the environment for it. I read there were Sanders supporting members of Congress trying to communicate through Warren supporting members to the campaign. That's not exactly on the phone, although I understand they seldom pick up the phone directly in the early going.

by Anonymousreply 439March 5, 2020 3:33 PM

I would be surprised if she endorses anyone. Of course she will campaign for the eventual nominee.

by Anonymousreply 440March 5, 2020 5:07 PM

She's decided to take time off to be with her family, especially her adopted daughter, Rabbit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441March 5, 2020 5:25 PM

I'm so bummed. She was the only one that I really wanted to be president at this moment in time. I'm going to miss her in the debates and what could have been in a debate against Trump. I hope she doesn't endorse anyone or just encourages her supporters to make their own judgement (as they will). We know that she will avail herself to whichever candidate wins the nominee and make a great case for whoever that is.

by Anonymousreply 442March 5, 2020 6:15 PM

[quote] The people who are in love with warren are normie libs who see themselves as committed progressives, they're Biden supporters who think they are Bernie's policy supporters with the addition of feminine cult projection.

Four stars. ****

by Anonymousreply 443March 6, 2020 12:00 AM

BTW, former MA senator Scott Brown looks sensational in a jockstrap. Liz, although she should havre been a contender, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 444March 6, 2020 12:16 AM

Live on Rachel. More whispery and amazed than ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445March 6, 2020 1:13 AM

Thanks for that R445. She sounds fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 446March 6, 2020 1:36 AM

Warren was MSNBC's favorite. to promote

Pete was MSNBC's favorite to diss.

by Anonymousreply 447March 6, 2020 2:05 AM

Sanders is always MSNBCs least favorite.

by Anonymousreply 448March 6, 2020 3:37 AM

I never understood her appeal. Lies, tall tales, flip flops and a shrill self-righteousness as well as a Reagan era GOP voter (another recent lie, she's changed that story again too!).

Bye, Faxcahontas. You wrote your own nutty epitaph.

WHY on earth would she endorse Bernie's sinking ship! It's not as if they were really friends like she keeps saying. Firstly you can tell she hates him, and of course Boiny HAS ZERO FRIENDS!

by Anonymousreply 449March 6, 2020 5:39 AM

You could barely see Rachel contain the tears when she was interviewing Warren.

I hope Biden grants he an interview for the obligatory "What did you accomplish in your first 100 days?"

by Anonymousreply 450March 6, 2020 7:35 AM

Say what you will about Elizabeth Warren but she won't be there white anting Joe Biden. Unlike Bernie and his supporters who will do everything they can to undermine Joe Biden in a showdown with Trump. Just like they did with Hilary.

by Anonymousreply 451March 6, 2020 7:50 AM

She has nothing to gain by endorsing either Bernie or Joe.

If she does it she'll do it at the convention.

by Anonymousreply 452March 6, 2020 7:59 AM

These aren't my last days! I'm fine. I having a beer with my fantastic husband Jim. I bought a 4-pack just like the uninsured struggling trans parents must do, because they will never get out of student debt, never get the chop. Did I say Jim, I meant Bruce. Jim was my first husband. Yes John Smith and I are enjoying this American beer and the old family succotash recipe. Because America is a miraculous melting pot!

by Anonymousreply 453March 6, 2020 9:17 AM

Tulsi is the only female candidate left. She should get a boost from that.

by Anonymousreply 454March 6, 2020 9:41 AM

[quote] You could barely see Rachel contain the tears when she was interviewing Warren. I hope Biden grants he(r) an interview for the obligatory "What did you accomplish in your first 100 days?"

I hope she interviews Biden and asks him why he had to drop out of an earlier primary for lying about his law school record, and his plagiarizing speeches by JFK, RFK, Neil Kinnock, and others, without attribution. As well as some of his more recent lies about being arrested in South Africa and so forth. And his abysmal voting record. And why he can't remember the rest of the phrase "All men/women are created..." But she won't. She'll ask him if he thinks a handful of Bernie supporters online are too rude. If his handlers even let him be interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 455March 6, 2020 12:34 PM

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) called out Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) for not taking steps to control the “organized nastiness” of some of his supporters during the presidential campaign.

“It’s not just about me,” Warren said in an interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Thursday following her decision to suspend her campaign for the Democratic nomination. “I think that’s a real problem with this online bullying and sort of organized nastiness. … I’m talking about some really ugly stuff that went on.”

While politics has become riddled with such behavior, she said it was a particular problem with Sanders’s supporters. “It is. It just is,” she told Maddow. Elizabeth Warren’s exit raises questions about the role of women in U.S. politics

She made specific reference to what she described as online harassment of union leaders in Nevada ahead of last month’s caucuses because they took issue with Sanders’s Medicare-for-all proposal.

“They didn’t just disagree,” she said. “They actually published the phone numbers and home addresses of the two women, immigrant women, and really put them in fear for their families. … These are tough women who run labor organizing campaigns … and yet said for the first time because of this onslaught of online threats that they felt really under attack, and that wasn’t the first time it happened.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456March 6, 2020 1:02 PM

Rachel asked Bernie about this, too, it's clear mainstream media will not stop pushing this story. There are horrible Warren supporters online too. There were horrendous Hillary supporters in 2016. This is not like Trump rallies where people are screaming Lock her up. I've seen Sanders rallies with tens of thousands of people in one place and no bad behavior of any kind. Yesterday there was a Nazi flag at one of Bernie's rallies. I hope Rachel Maddow makes sure to condemn that. There are real issues like people living in tents and cars by the thousands, people trying to raise families on 9 dollars an hour, whole communities that are ghost towns because of disastrous trade agreements. But snake emojis on Twitter is the biggest issue Maddow can find to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 457March 6, 2020 11:10 PM

The Bernie supporters are pure trash.

by Anonymousreply 458March 6, 2020 11:19 PM

I saw Bernie Bros first hand heckling and interrupting another candidate during the SC primary campaigning. Pete was speaking to a room of supporters. It was two senior age women that got in the faces of the rude Bernie Bros in the back and forced them to leave. A bunch of others got up and stood behind the women. Pete handled it very well. I was sitting on the other side of the room near the front. These disruptors were not spontaneous. They were organized and had an agenda for attention.

by Anonymousreply 459March 6, 2020 11:38 PM

Is Rachel on the spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 460March 7, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote]Elizabeth Warren’s exit raises questions about the role of women in U.S. politics...

MARY!!

You've really got to CALM DOWN!

by Anonymousreply 461March 7, 2020 1:41 AM

Bailey is headed back to the NH farm from where he was rented for the Warren campaign.

by Anonymousreply 462March 7, 2020 12:18 PM

Warren should have stayed in the race.

One of those old geezers is going to get very sick. Bernie already is.

by Anonymousreply 463March 7, 2020 11:11 PM

Warren should have stayed in the race.

One of those old geezers is going to get very sick. Bernie already is.

by Anonymousreply 464March 7, 2020 11:11 PM

Warren stans on Twitter are melting down about how Pete started the slow bleeding of her campaign back in October when he dared to ask her how she was going to pay for her MFA plan, one even called him “dangerous.”

It’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 465March 7, 2020 11:35 PM

Pathetic sore losers, R465, just like their candidate.

by Anonymousreply 466March 8, 2020 1:20 AM

I liked Warren and think she meant well. She would make a good President but I think her "has a plan for that" was too distracting. She should have just bullet pointed a few major plans to sum up what she was all about. I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 467March 8, 2020 1:22 AM

"Warren should have stayed in the race."

The voters have spoken.

by Anonymousreply 468March 8, 2020 1:49 AM

Warren, Buttigieg and Klobuchar should all form their own party and be major pains in the ass at the Convention. They could stay in the race, rack up delegates and make it like UK politics where they have to form a coalition.

by Anonymousreply 469March 8, 2020 1:54 AM

That is the reason Tommy P. flew into action to make this a two person race BEFORE the convention.

by Anonymousreply 470March 8, 2020 3:22 AM

You don't see this much gravedancing on Bloomberg's campaign suspension.

by Anonymousreply 471March 8, 2020 3:23 AM

[quote]You don't see this much gravedancing on Bloomberg's campaign suspension.

Nobody took Bloomberg seriously. He was in the race for two minutes.

by Anonymousreply 472March 8, 2020 3:26 AM

Bloomberg will bankroll the nominee and finance down ballot races. He's more useful than Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 473March 8, 2020 3:29 AM

Valid points R472 and R473. But, he was a threat at one point. And she's the one who took him out.

by Anonymousreply 474March 8, 2020 3:34 AM

That was good of her, R474. I also appreciate's Pete early pullout from the race and inspiring Amy to do the same (along with Biden endorsements) to avoid a contested convention or, even worse, a Bernie nomination. Teamwork!

by Anonymousreply 475March 8, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote]But, he was a threat at one point.

He was never a threat. Democrats could never criticize Trump again if they put up Bloomberg for the nomination. It was never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 476March 8, 2020 3:38 AM

Should Elizabeth Warren and Judge Judy ever meet, I hope it's on camera.

by Anonymousreply 477March 8, 2020 3:41 AM

Hindsight is 20/20, R476. He did have good numbers before that debate where Liz did him in. If people are going to shit on Warren en masse, she retains full credit for her plusses. Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 478March 8, 2020 3:44 AM

[quote] If people are going to shit on Warren en masse, she retains full credit for her plusses. Nice try though.

Warren deserves to be shit on en masse. She wasted everyone's time. She ran a terrible campaign. Couldn't give coherent answers to all the lies she told (not an Indian, not fired for being pregnant, son didn't go to public school). Tried to be a down home girl with her New Year's beer video. Couldn't figure out a way to explain her policies to people who didn't have a Ph.D (basically said "fuck you" to the guy asked her why college should be free after he just paid for his daughter). Made the stupidest proclamations (a transgender kid is going to help me pick my education czar). She never should have entered the race.

by Anonymousreply 479March 8, 2020 3:51 AM

We'll always have American Samoa.

by Anonymousreply 480March 8, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote]She ran a terrible campaign[/quote]

Says you. You and the others here need to retire your Republican talking points about her Native American status and the other stuff that dates back to the 1970s.

[quote]Couldn't figure out a way to explain her policies[/quote]She explained them quite well. She had plans and she was the only one who bothered to communicate them clearly. It was one of her strengths.

And, there was nothing wrong with a transgender kid being on the panel.

If you can't acknowledge her strengths, that's on you. Your biases are nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 481March 8, 2020 3:58 AM

You think that a Sec of Education needs to be selected by a transgender kid? What qualifications does this kid have? I think you're the one with the problems.

by Anonymousreply 482March 8, 2020 4:00 AM

Exactly r482. She said that purely to show how ultra woke she was to the plight of the bleeding edge darling of ultra-libs.

She wallowed in wokesterism and it totally compromised the legitimacy of her candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 483March 8, 2020 4:04 AM

R482. She also said that it has to be someone who has taught in a public school. Yet, that gets no mileage here.

And, the kid wouldn't have been making the selection, but giving their approval on the selection who would go to committee. If you can't even get the facts straight, why are you even bothering to comment.

It sounds like what your issue (and that of R483 and so many others) is that you hate transpersons, and you despise Warren for being outspoken and forward-thinking in her support for them.

by Anonymousreply 484March 8, 2020 4:06 AM

[quote]I also appreciate's Pete early pullout from the race and inspiring Amy to do the same (along with Biden endorsements) to avoid a contested convention or, even worse, a Bernie nomination. Teamwork!

Fuck teamwork. Democratic unity is a farce. The candidate who cuts me the best deal will get my endorsement. I'm not giving it away for free, unlike those two idiots, Amy and Pete.

by Anonymousreply 485March 8, 2020 4:12 AM

Give it up, r484, Liz is not the messiah, with sunbeams shooting out her asshole bathing us all in pure light. She was a politician running for an office, and she was as manipulative as the rest of them. Except she was in a crowd of progressives with more support than she had, so she tried to outwoke them all and landed flat on her face.

I hate to break it to you, but my opinion of trans doesn’t factor into that at all — unless she’s secretly still in the running as a viable candidate, that is?

by Anonymousreply 486March 8, 2020 4:12 AM

On the other hand, r484, why should she single out a transperson? Especially for the education system? Maybe if she said, I would select a transperson to put on my committee for gay rights, then it makes sense? But why education? Why not choose a Downs person or other special needs person to help with the education selection? She chose the most far out idea and pretended like that should be the norm.

by Anonymousreply 487March 8, 2020 4:13 AM

R487, I shouldn't have to explain to you how important the education system being inclusive to trans children is. And there are actual educational streams and programmes for Downs/special needs all over America for decades.

R486, I hate to break it to you, but you are hell-bent on hating on her for reasons that go beyond the normal and rationale.

And, I never saw her as perfect candidate. She had her weaknesses. But, looking at the comments and judgments in this thread, you're not going to find a lot of people to admit that about their candidate (if they have one).

by Anonymousreply 488March 8, 2020 4:21 AM

R481, Your delusional posts are nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 489March 8, 2020 4:22 AM

R481: Delusions being school systems being more inclusive to trans children? Someone having public teaching credentials to be nominated as Secretary of Ed?

I'm not interested in your lack of substance.

The disproportionate gravedancing on her campaign suspension is obvious. I'm sorry that I have two eyes and use them to look at the reality.

by Anonymousreply 490March 8, 2020 4:26 AM

^Addressed to R489

by Anonymousreply 491March 8, 2020 4:26 AM

[quote]I shouldn't have to explain to you how important the education system being inclusive to trans children is.

As many normal thinking people will tell you, children are not mature enough to be thinking about whether they are trans or not. Perhaps elementary school should concentrate on math and science rather than trying to help children figure out their gender identity. They can figure that out when the reach the age of maturity.

by Anonymousreply 492March 8, 2020 4:27 AM

I don't need to be lectured by someone who hasn't taught in a schoolroom, R492.

by Anonymousreply 493March 8, 2020 4:28 AM

Oh, I think you do r493. Who pays your salary? As long as schools are publicly funded, taxpayers have every right to have input into how schools should function.

by Anonymousreply 494March 8, 2020 4:32 AM

My candidate had his flaws, R488. He admitted when he was wrong or had more to learn. The thing that I find shocking about EW supporters and staffers, and EW herself, is that you all felt that she was entitled to the nomination. If you challenged her in a debate on FUCKING policy, you were evil because that's getting in the way of the EW coronation.

Even now, her staffers are whining and bitching about Pete challenging her health care policy, sexism, media blackout (although the media loved her more than anyone), and anything under the sun except her shitty candidacy. She's never to blame. And I don't appreciate her pathetic concession speech that included "now little girls will have to wait 4 more years for a female president" (sad face). No, she is not entitled to the presidency because she's a woman. There was at least one other woman running (Amy) who was better than her.

by Anonymousreply 495March 8, 2020 4:39 AM

The citizens of Massachusetts are absolutely delighted that Warren's campaign went down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 496March 8, 2020 4:44 AM

If you challenged EW in a debate, you weren't evil, R495. Your blood and teeth ended up being left all over the floor. That's all.

This thread is full of people who just plain detest her.

I disliked Buttigieg, but you don't see me complaining about him after he dropped out.

R494, I'm not a teacher. I just don't need to be lectured by someone who hasn't set foot in a classroom.

by Anonymousreply 497March 8, 2020 4:46 AM

Not really, R497. Her staff were shitting all over Pete today for his completely justified questioning of her lack of a health care plan back in the October debate. They blame him for her demise. Doesn't sound like his blood and teeth ended up on the floor after that debate. She never fully recovered.

by Anonymousreply 498March 8, 2020 4:51 AM

I can only speak for me 498. Per my very CLEAR comment in 497.

As far as the debates, "Wine cave" was one of the top trending terms of the political season.

Funny how Pete never went after Bernie like he did Liz when it came to M4A. She didn't handle her rollout in the best way, and fully admitted it. You don't see me defending her strategy there.

Why people hate on this woman is absolutely befuddling to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499March 8, 2020 5:02 AM

That's because Warren didn't have a position on M4A. She flipped on it halfway through her campaign. Any smart candidate would have criticized her for it.

by Anonymousreply 500March 8, 2020 5:04 AM

[quote]Why people hate on this woman is absolutely befuddling to me.

Why are you doing this like you know her?

by Anonymousreply 501March 8, 2020 5:06 AM

R500, No. Pete could have gone after Bernie with how he's going to fund the bloody thing. And, I never wrote that she wasn't above criticism. Do you lack reading comprehension?

The truth is, she took all the head on M4A. Bernie took none of it, including with how he was going to fund it. She hedged. But, she at least talked about how she planned to fund it. The criticisms of her were disproportionate.

by Anonymousreply 502March 8, 2020 5:10 AM

I don't hate her, R499, I just can't stand her. She's a hypocrite, lies regularly, seems entitled, and has failed miserably despite the mainstream press (NYT, WAPO, MSNBC) being madly in love with her. If they couldn't make her happen after nightly tongue baths that went on for about a year, she'll never make herself happen. What upsets me is that better and more honest candidates were ignored or crapped on regularly by the press to make Warren's job easier.

by Anonymousreply 503March 8, 2020 5:10 AM

Speaking of lying, R503, she was largely ignored by the media for the first half of the year. They didn't take her seriously until she started rising in the polls. This narrative of the press propping her up is a hallucination.

by Anonymousreply 504March 8, 2020 5:15 AM

The media knew this frau would never get the nomination. She was a safe person to fawn over until the final candidates shook out.

by Anonymousreply 505March 8, 2020 5:18 AM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 506March 8, 2020 5:31 AM

Sorry, “Why?” was for R496. Why are the citizens of Massachusetts happy she suspended her campaign?

by Anonymousreply 507March 8, 2020 5:34 AM

Politico just put out a good article on the decline of her campaign, and the behemoth that image/messaging was. Especially this:

Four veterans of Warren’s first run for Senate in 2012 said the 2020 campaign was sometimes unrecognizable.

“People really knew her as a fighter for the middle class. And people would shout at us [at campaign events], ‘The middle class is getting hammered!’ So we knew they knew who she was,” said Abby Clark, the deputy field director on the 2012 race who also volunteered for Warren in New Hampshire and Massachusetts this year. “The language was accessible and people got it. The meaning of ‘big structural change’ is mystifying to the average person. It’s what you get when you don’t hire a pollster or do focus groups.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508March 8, 2020 5:50 AM

[quote]she was largely ignored by the media for the first half of the year

I give them credit for knowing ahead of time that most people would not vote for someone with her style and personality.

by Anonymousreply 509March 8, 2020 7:16 AM

Transing children medically is gross abuse of children by parents, state, and medicine. God lets keep schools systems out of this. I don't have a problem with social transing of children, though I think currently there's a lot of gay-lesbian erasure packed into it.

--- Truth fairy

by Anonymousreply 510March 8, 2020 8:30 AM

[quote]She wallowed in wokesterism and it totally compromised the legitimacy of her candidacy.

This was her biggest problem. She was always trying to “outwoke” Bernie, when she should have been differentiating herself from him by pointing out what a fraud he is.

by Anonymousreply 511March 8, 2020 11:01 AM

When is she up for election? I bet Bloomberg has some money to primary her with a good rival.

by Anonymousreply 512March 8, 2020 2:16 PM

R512, 2024

by Anonymousreply 513March 8, 2020 2:36 PM

She’d be wise not to endorse Sanders. He’s a political carcass at this point.

by Anonymousreply 514March 8, 2020 2:38 PM

That’s why she hasn’t endorsed him, R514. Her silence speaks volumes. She doesn’t want to lose any more political clout by jumping on another sinking ship.

by Anonymousreply 515March 8, 2020 2:41 PM

Kamala's endorsement of Biden looked like a hostage video.

Biden's response wasn't quite accurate . . . and is he going to be mentioning dead Beau every day?

by Anonymousreply 516March 8, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote]and is he going to be mentioning dead Beau every day?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 517March 8, 2020 7:58 PM

It’s stupid to keep mentioning Beau, bea cause then everyone immediately thinks of crackhead Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 518March 8, 2020 8:01 PM

One thing she should be given credit for is stating the truth that the system is rigged against ordinary people. The most important thing is to blow up the current system and the establishment. People on both sides of the political spectrum can agree on that point.

by Anonymousreply 519March 8, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote]The most important thing is to blow up the current system and the establishment

Nobody in 2020, after 4 years of Trump, wants anything “blown up”. People want a return to normalcy.

by Anonymousreply 520March 8, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote]Fuck teamwork. Democratic unity is a farce. The candidate who cuts me the best deal will get my endorsement. I'm not giving it away for free, unlike those two idiots, Amy and Pete.

Yep, it gets easier and easier to see the Reagan/Bush-supporting GOP Elizabeth Warren of yore poking through , huh?

by Anonymousreply 521March 9, 2020 1:57 AM

[quote]Maybe if she said, I would select a transperson to put on my committee for gay rights, then it makes sense?

HUH?

WHY for fuck's sake would THAT make any sense? "Trans" people ARE NOT GAY! They have NOTHING in common with gay people! I'm a gay man and I have no idea why I keep getting lumped with trans people who seem pretty snarly about it as well.

by Anonymousreply 522March 9, 2020 1:59 AM

Trans rights are gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 523March 9, 2020 2:09 AM

Oh good ghu, must this infect every thread?

by Anonymousreply 524March 9, 2020 5:27 AM

[quote[Trans rights are gay rights.

Ok, that makes no sense. I don't need the right to dress in girl's locker rooms, or go have my gender on my birth certificate changed to how I FEEL about my gender that day, or have Medicaid pay for my "gender confirmation" surgery, but thanks for playing!

by Anonymousreply 525March 9, 2020 6:06 AM

I'm not trans, but I find it so sad that gays are hell-bent on removing the "T" from LGBTQI. They've been there for us for decades.

by Anonymousreply 526March 9, 2020 6:26 AM

[quote] Yep, it gets easier and easier to see the Reagan/Bush-supporting GOP Elizabeth Warren of yore poking through , huh?

Because of some made-up quote from a dipshit DLer?

by Anonymousreply 527March 9, 2020 6:45 AM

Sentimentality isn't helpful in decision masking. Trans movement has morphed into something miles away from what most people can relate to or support.

by Anonymousreply 528March 9, 2020 2:51 PM

If ONLY the T weren't trying so hard to get rid of the G and L!

by Anonymousreply 529March 12, 2020 2:29 AM

What happened to that escort who claimed he was having kinky sex with Liz?

by Anonymousreply 530March 12, 2020 4:52 AM

Return To Normalcy was the campaign slogan of Warren G. Harding in 1920. People made fun of it at the time partly because normalcy was/is not considered a real word. It was considered a malapropism by Harding. Though there's evidence it may even be an actual word, it hasn't been used about a campaign for 100 years. I'm honestly curious why everyone in favor of Biden is using it again. Where did you hear it? Maybe the Biden campaign appropriated it like he has a habit of doing with other people's speeches.

by Anonymousreply 531March 13, 2020 2:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!