Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jordan Peterson GOES PUBLIC as Drug Addict

In November, he went to a rehabilitation centre in New York.

His conditioned worsened through the winter, and was driven to thoughts of suicide by a movement disorder called akathisia, a well known side effect of various drugs for mental illnesses. It is a sense of restlessness and an inability to sit still

the family sought alternative treatment in Russia because they found North American hospitals had misdiagnosed him, and were prescribing “more medications to cover the response he was experiencing from the benzodiazepines,” Mikhaila (his daughter) said. “He nearly died several times.”

She and her husband took him to Moscow last month, where he was diagnosed with pneumonia and put into an induced coma for eight days. She said his withdrawal was “horrific,” worse than anything she had ever heard about. She said Russian doctors are not influenced by pharmaceutical companies to treat the side-effects of one drug with more drugs, and that they “have the guts to medically detox someone from benzodiazepines.”

Jordan Peterson has only just come out of an intensive care unit, Mikhaila said. He has neurological damage, and a long way to go to full recovery. He is taking anti-seizure medication and cannot type or walk unaided, but is “on the mend” and his sense of humour has returned..

by Anonymousreply 206November 26, 2020 5:53 AM

Link.

Benzo addict.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2020 1:16 AM

What a stand-up guy. His wife is diagnosed with terminal cancer, so instead of being with her, he had to go to rehab to detox from klonopin.

What a role model. What an authority.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2020 1:21 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2020 1:31 AM

I hate the guy, R2, but his wife has since recovered and he has neurological damage from his addictions. I mean, good and I wouldn't care if he died, I think he's toxic, almost as bad as Rush Limbaugh, but he didn't run off to a country club type rehab centre.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2020 1:34 AM

R2 What a way to misread the situation:

[quote] Peterson, who has previously been open about his relationship with depression, was prescribed the drug following his wife's diagnosis of a terminal cancer in April this year. Her illness also caused Peterson to suspend the speaking tour for his internationally best-selling book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, in addition to delaying publication of his forthcoming title.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2020 1:35 AM

Peterson is a conservative darling who lectured everyone on self-reliance, conservative values and not being a snowflake.

And then his life partner becomes seriously ill, but instead of being that good conservative man and caretaker he espoused, he made it all about himself by getting hooked on pills and having to detox in Russia (?) instead of taking care of his wife.

Typical.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote]Mr. Peterson, 55, a University of Toronto psychology professor turned YouTube philosopher turned mystical father figure, has emerged as an influential thought leader. The messages he delivers range from hoary self-help empowerment talk (clean your room, stand up straight) to the more retrograde and political (a society run as a patriarchy makes sense and stems mostly from men’s competence; the notion of white privilege is a farce)

I guess his definition of the patriarchy is to get hooked on pills and run off to rehab when your family really needs your care and leadership.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2020 1:49 AM

R6 You can't blame him for having neurological effects due to medication, especially when he tried to wean himself off of it. He did retreat from public life to take care of his wife. Nonetheless, even if everything you said were true, it wouldn't negate the truth about what he was saying about being self reliant.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2020 1:51 AM

Wait - so according to Wikipedia, he went on an all meat diet to curb his depression? He eventually removed vegetables and ate only beef?

How is it these crazy people are time and again provided platforms for their bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2020 1:52 AM

Oh, he’s been crazy for awhile now. The daughter who’s interviewed is a crackpot too. She’s the one who got him on the meat diet.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2020 1:53 AM

I’ve never heard of this idiot before. Doesn’t seem like I was missing much.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2020 1:55 AM

Couldn’t have happened to a bigger douchebag

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2020 1:56 AM

R10 He's not wrong. Protein and vegetables should be the bedrock of a healthy diet. Carbs and sugar can cause inflammation and put you at risk for diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2020 1:57 AM

R13 - he did primarily meat with some veggies and then removed all veggies and did ALL BEEF since 2018. That's not a healthy diet by any means.

That shit is cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2020 2:00 AM

I'm trying to care. Nope. Hang on. Nope. Still try...nope.

Don't.

Care.

At all.

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2020 2:32 AM

So, all the masculinity and vitriol couldn't save him from addiction? Excellent.

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2020 2:34 AM

Was it in the “Is Bernie Electable” thread where I discussed how Russian intelligence works to dismantle democracies from within? I believe it may have been, but too lazy to search.

Anyhow, please understand that it has to take place for decades, and for the United States, that means Canada, MX, Central America, and South America. It cannot just happen in regions of these continents. It had to happen in sectors within specific regions of the continents targeted.

Canada: Education, Higher Education, Punlic Education, Trade, specifically NAFTA and pharmaceutical production in India, previously in Israel, now, in parts of Russia and Ukraine. Pharma. HUGE. An entire township was economically wiped out in Israel, as a result of this. And it was easily toppled because FIRST, the American Embassy and its security perimeters were moved to Jerusalem. Very involved, convoluted, old school espionage, murder, intellectual property theft, etc., etc. Bottom line, Russia has lifted one of the largest pharma contracts in the North American continent, and it would have been impossible to do, without our current administration, and Netanyahu. All part of the extremely intricate web of global power plays and corruption charges currently hurled against Netanyahu.

United States - Move all manufacturing to Mexico to prop up economy. Wanna know why it was finally a priority to get El Chapo and Sons? Because Russians have more cash, and do it better. MX must be propped up, and Russia cannot officially get in due to precedence of NAFTA moratoriums, etc. America and Canada? No problem. That’s why FORD was always going South, if Trump came in. He didn’t stop it. He made sure to get McConnell, Pence, and all of these greedy fucks, in on the money line. These men will NEVER abandon Trump, because Rrump has opened up a door for them that they knew existed, but couldn’t find, or open.

South America- Venezuela. We know very little, but what we do know as civilians in the US, is that it is basically hollowed out. No structure, government, regulation, banking, nothing. Anyone can go in and set up shop, and there’s a plan for that too, bet on it.

So back to this man, Peterson: why is he getting care, in Russia? Because he is a Russian asset. That is all. Does his condition exist? I haven’t a clue, nor do any of you. But to claim that the United States or Canada could not provide a benzo addict with formidable rehabilitation and aftercare, is total bullshit. Ever been to rehab? That’s not where one detoxes from benzos. Any ER in either country MUST take you, treat you, and successfully detox you from benzos, NO MATTER WHAT.

Why do we not point these things out in our MSM? Because the grift is long, almost every palm is greased or wants to be, and the money and opportunities abound in the Ikraine and Russia, like the gold rush, in the wild Wild West.

This is serious business folks. This is so serious, that if we are smart, we will have to accept that any candidate is either already corrupted, or can be.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2020 2:35 AM

Everything about that academic grifter is a long con. I'm sure his addiction is a part of some "fleece stupid incels" money grubbing scam.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2020 3:28 AM

His voice sounds high-pitched and shrill, not manly.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2020 3:37 AM

His voice sounds high-pitched and shrill, not manly.

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2020 3:37 AM

I'm a recovering alcoholic and I know we have plenty of current and recovering addicts here.

You've got no fucking right to the pearl clutching act on this topic, DL. Drop it.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2020 3:38 AM

How many mg of klonopin was he taking? And the Russia thing is totally shady. Definitely think he is a propaganda whore.

It’s always so annoying to see stories like this that imply deadly withdrawal - when 90% of people who use them seem to have no issues. Like Stevie Nicks - it wasn’t using them, it was the dosage that caused her problems.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2020 3:41 AM

I take a couple benzos a month, a couple months a year. Not with any consistent pattern but regularly enough. A box of 30 a year? 40? What stupid idiot gets addicted to this? Wouldn't you stop as soon as you found yourself jones for it everyday. A couple of times every day. Hog.

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2020 3:51 AM

Am I supposed to know who this is?

Why would anyone, especially a right wing pundit need to seek medical treatment in Russia? This makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2020 3:58 AM

He’s a piece of shit, R18, however, we should deploy prudence when analyzing these “movements”.

These movements are manufactured and developed. They were deployed via social media. Cambridge Analytica is just the final platform of what took analysts YEARS to tweak, tinker, refine, and launch. And remember, when a team is put together in order to craft something like this, and then broken down into smaller teams, they only know that they are developing a line item. They are not entitled to know why, or for what, or how it will be used. So all of takes place on the most ambiguous of terms, and it has to, in order to protect IP, DP, specific algorithms, etc., and then maybe, the programmers eventually learn that they worked on “Project X for Uber, or whatever. Upper level engineering teams and above know. The rest just work, without seeing the picture that is being drawn, from distance and proper perspective.

And I used that as analogy, though it is a working and viable analogy, that supports the rest of my thoughts following .

We are now inundated with information, 24/7. We learn all the time, if we choose to, however, for most of us, the laypersons, our learning is segmented and disjointed. The News is also offered in this manner, even though we think rhyme and rhythm apply, it does not. Programming applies, supported by ad times or commercials. But behind the scenes, there is a method, and that method is used to trigger responses in us such as: hunger, irritability, and pacification of these things, via food, commerce, sex and sleep. The rest is more complex, but basically, the desire to socially exist within structures that give an illusion of providing us with all of our needs. So far, so good, because we think we are OK, and evidence shows that in all weights and measurements, we are.

But shut that down. No TV. No radio, no time limits for this or that, and we become introspective, and we become restless for things that we do not understand because we are not taught to exist in paradigms in which these “benefits” are used as “weapons” against others. We do not know, that the different levels of this existential lullaby we are humming, is almost like a program lodged inside of us, and we have no idea that perhaps, just maybe, someone made it, in order to one day, trigger it.

In order to be politically and socially aware and responsible, we have to learn how to take complex information, and process it quickly. Put it as close as possible to it’s proper placement, because the placements change, as information does.

I rarely watch regular news anymore. I get on the laptop, and I use open-source platforms, from all over the world. It has allowed me a better understanding of the world in which we live, and I prefer it to being told something, ONE THING, that cannot be true, because it is not complete in its packaging or presentation.

Petersen is an agent of the same old shit you hated in the 50s, and a dash of faux beatnik philosophical bullshit that will never put him at the table of any post modernist worth his salt, or within the advent of AI. In 50 to 70 years, the movement he represents will be looked at, as a stain in global history, that was eventually contained, because we are inherently good - I hope.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2020 4:08 AM

Thanks r17. Now that murder of that rich senior Jewish Toronto couple involved in Pharma makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote]We do not know, that the different levels of this existential lullaby we are humming, is almost like a program lodged inside of us, and we have no idea that perhaps, just maybe, someone made it, in order to one day, trigger it.

Honey, sometimes a commercial is just a commercial.

BTW, who watches commercials anymore?

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2020 4:18 AM

R21, so am I. A recovering addict/ alcoholic, that is.

Your argument stands if privacy had been first invoked by Mr. Peterson and his wife. It was not, hence the discussion on DL.

All valid points and speculative discussions. If you are Peterson or his legal rep., you know that, and you know that me or you bring in recovery, does not interfere with his recovery, or specifically with the discussion of his recovery, because that discussion wS already introduced by the source materials, compiled and disseminated by his wife, via his PR team.

I’m sorry, but no. This is an important AS FUCK discussion, and his recovery has actually, VERY LITTLE to do with it.

How dare you come here to moderate?

Reddit is thatawY 👉

Go ahead, call me whtever. All worth it in order to tell you, that you, dear sir, have no grounds to come here and tell us what the fuck to discuss, about a public figure, sharing personal details about his life, publicly.

This jerk gets to spout off MRA shit 24/7, in his incel fandom, and you come here to tell us that your sensibilities are being tickled?

Think about this. Just think. No reaction necessary. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2020 4:20 AM

"...he was diagnosed with pneumonia and put into an induced coma for eight days. She said his withdrawal was “horrific,” worse than anything she had ever heard about. She said Russian doctors are not influenced by pharmaceutical companies to treat the side-effects of one drug with more drugs, and that they “have the guts to medically detox someone from benzodiazepines.” "

Please tell me how they were able to put him in an induced coma without using drugs.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2020 4:32 AM

R29 knows how to read.

JFC. I can’t believe any of you actually fall for this Peterson bullshit, even after I pretty much spelled it out for y’all.

Thank, R29. 😘

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2020 4:36 AM

Why didn't he try some of Alex Jones's supplements? Why not listen to NRA spokeswhore Dana Loesch who promises that consuming beets by the truckload will cure any ailment?

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2020 4:43 AM

Because first, they needed to torture and beat the living shit outta him, because like the idiot and arrogant he is, he walked right smack into the middle of a counterintelligence operation the had set up, innorder to test his loyalty and gravitas, and legally, that HAD to take place in Russia, not an off continent safe-house, just in case he died.

Read R29’s post. Pretty obvious. No tin hat required.

People-why can you not believe that IT IS HAPPENING? Stalin ain’t jumping out of a cake in a speedo, in order to make this a tad more salient for you.

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2020 4:49 AM

[quote] [R13] - he did primarily meat with some veggies and then removed all veggies and did ALL BEEF since 2018. That's not a healthy diet by any means.

Three-year-olds say veggies.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2020 4:54 AM

Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2020 4:55 AM

Sorry but I don’t but addiction to klonopin. It’s more than that.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2020 4:56 AM

Horton hears a ... Who???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2020 5:02 AM

Fucking Russia for detox? That's really odd. He lives in Toronto, they surely have state-of-the-art detox facilities.

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2020 5:03 AM

I go to Togo for my face lifts.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2020 5:08 AM

I've only ever seen this idiot's name on here and "recommended" YT videos of him "owning libs/feminists." Never heard him speak once. I know he's a shit.

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2020 5:25 AM

First person ever to choose Russian's medical system over every other system in the world.

Total bullshit. He went there so no one would know about the REAL details and spill it to tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2020 5:34 AM

Detoxing from benzies is hard but manageable. You continue to see your therapist (this moron is WAY ABOVE that ), and your prescribing doctor weans you off little by little . It takes a while but it is as painless as detoxing can be. I’ve done it

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2020 5:36 AM

I don't care if he gets disaffected 20-year olds to stand up straight or promotes himself with pronoun debates, but as soon as I heard that he and his daughter were saved by eating a strict beef-only diet, I knew he was a wacko. This Russia rehab twist confirms it. I wonder if his legion of fans will follow him down this path.

by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2020 5:37 AM

I would do the paleo thing but it's just too hard. The all beef thing sounds a bit extreme but I would assume it's healthier than what regular people eat.

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2020 5:40 AM

If I had to choose an all meat or all vegan diet, I would choose meat for sure.

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2020 5:41 AM

Detoxing in Russia would be like going vegan at Peter Luger's.

Who the fuck goes to rehab in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2020 5:42 AM

R44 - nah, no you wouldn't. Particularly if it was beef only. You can do a lot with vegetables - you can't do that much with meat.

by Anonymousreply 46February 8, 2020 5:43 AM

that son of a bitch right winger and all his holier than thou spouting's...….wtf???

by Anonymousreply 47February 8, 2020 5:44 AM

I'm sorry, R47, but how exactly are you shocked when this couldn't be more on point for those assholes? They are nothing without their glaring hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 48February 8, 2020 5:45 AM

die challenge

by Anonymousreply 49February 8, 2020 5:48 AM

R46 Right it would be easier to go vegan nowadays due to all the options available right now but it wouldn't be as good for you. Eating meat is simply a much more efficient way to get all nutrients you need but you would have to supplement it with veggies.

As far as his detox goes, I don't think it's ever been the case where one program fits all. Every individual case is different. His daughter mentioned something about having a severe autoimmune reaction to food. People with autoimmune disorders are usually advised to steer clear of foods that cause inflammation, which is perhaps ones of the reasons why he was on a such a restricted diet. I would guess that perhaps his body adapted to it over time and attempts at changing it introduced new complications.

by Anonymousreply 50February 8, 2020 5:56 AM

Eggs are better than meat. I'd go all eggs before all meat.

by Anonymousreply 51February 8, 2020 5:58 AM

[quote]You've got no fucking right to the pearl clutching act on this topic, DL. Drop it.

If you're known to be a shithead who makes his living like every other fucking right-winger ie., goes off about the failures of society (and shocker, blaming liberals), while you yourself are part of that failure in your life, then you better fucking believe we'll go off on this motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 52February 8, 2020 6:02 AM

[quote]Eating meat is simply a much more efficient way to get all nutrients you need but you would have to supplement it with veggies.

It's also a much more efficient means of clogging arteries and increasing cancer risk.

by Anonymousreply 53February 8, 2020 2:11 PM

Vegetarians don't live any longer.

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2020 3:09 PM

R54 - some studies show they live 8 years longer, but they are also likely to be more healthy in other areas (e.g. exercise more, drink less, smoke less).

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2020 4:33 PM

Peterson is definitely not a conservative. He's an academic who uses conservative talking points to sell books. He's Camille Paglia with a penis.

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2020 5:40 PM

Breitbart's favorite shrink!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2020 6:24 PM

Why so shady?

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2020 7:01 PM

Could someone please synopsize what this guy stands for? (I did do some research.) He's Canadian, I know. Why, specifically, is he so objectionable?

There's a YouTube channel that I watch sometimes. I enjoy it, but there is something off about the YouTuber. He just put out a video that featured his book shelves and boom, there's a Jordan B. Peterson book prominently displayed.

His voice is irritating and he is a windbag.

by Anonymousreply 59February 8, 2020 9:16 PM

Never underestimate the allure of all that money.

He made his cash stirring around in the cesspit of bitter, divorced boymen who somehow have time for men’s movements.

Now, he’s stuck with his followers’ solution set.

by Anonymousreply 60February 8, 2020 11:18 PM

I hear his name all the time but know little about him. Just how far right is he? Is he just "kids are too PC " libertarian or full on right wing douche? Either way I don't think he would appeal to me.

by Anonymousreply 61February 8, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote]She said Russian doctors are not influenced by pharmaceutical companies to treat the side-effects of one drug with more drugs, and that they “have the guts to medically detox someone from benzodiazepines.” "

What a load of shit. Is she saying he went cold turkey, and that the only place on the planet he could do that was somewhere in Russia?

by Anonymousreply 62February 8, 2020 11:24 PM

This fucker is one of the reasons I have issues with Sam Harris.

Sam’s a brilliant dude, but just so fucking pedantic when it comes to the details, and forgets the bigger picture.

He has had Peterson on several times, and while I understand that dictating pronouns via legislation to college professors in Canada or elsewhere, is a load of hogwash, I hate that Sam will use some of the biggest assholes out there, to get his points across.

I, too, can contextualize the fuck out of everything, but one must draw the line somewhere. Peterson’s rhetoric is scribbled all across 8Chan, and other cesspits across the internet, that all seem to have similar outcomes: young men with guns aimed at others for no other reason than: I hate women, because I’m not Brad Pitt.

Fuck this asshole. He should stay in the USSR, his political ideology motherland.

by Anonymousreply 63February 8, 2020 11:36 PM

Schmuck

by Anonymousreply 64February 8, 2020 11:38 PM

[quote] She said Russian doctors are not influenced by pharmaceutical companies to treat the side-effects of one drug with more drugs, and that they “have the guts to medically detox someone from benzodiazepines.”

I'm not sure what that quote means, either, R62. It does sound like cold turkey. But you can go cold turkey anywhere in the world, all by yourself. (Yes, I know you can die from going cold turkey from benzos and/or alcohol.) What's so earth-shattering about a gradual detox (taking smaller and smaller doses of benzos) until you are off of it?

by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2020 11:39 PM

R59 Ayn Rand meets Robert Bly. Without the charisma or poetry.

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2020 11:44 PM

By all means let's take life advice from this guy!

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2020 11:44 PM

Maybe in a few years, all will be forgotten and forgiven, like with Rush Limbaugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2020 11:50 PM

Wise advice........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2020 12:12 AM

Are we sure it wasn't the non-medicated drug withdrawal in Russia that created the neurological problems? What a stupid way to detox someone in the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2020 12:27 AM

R70, I don’t know why someone with access to free healthcare would fly to Russia for a cold turkey detox.

None of this makes any sense, and if he really has neurological damage due to benzo withdrawal, then I am so sorry, because no one deserves that, and he could have died.

Not sure what this guy was doing, or if any of this is true. When you peddle in decisive rhetoric, someone’s eventually gonna assume that you don’t mind splitting the difference when it comes to your life, too. And here we have it. A guy who may be semi to fully and permanently disabled.

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2020 2:37 AM

OF COURSE it was the non-medical withdrawal in Russia which caused his neurological problems. This dangerous possibility is what we Benzo Queens understand only too well about abrupt withdrawal. Something, many things, don't add up in this story. A whole lotta spin going on here.

Also, that restless-can't-sit-down feeling is commonplace in recovery but it seems like he didn't have the balls to keep going. You take up art, good works, meditation, travelling the world, searching for better ideas. Yes, it is hard and uncomfortable and takes courage and determination. If you can afford rehab then it's really achievable. What, exactly, did he tell his daughter about his addiction? My mother had food "allergies" which were eventually revealed as an eating disorder caused by severe anxiety which later was cured by a gentle decline in her memory. So I don't doubt Peterson needs help with fear. But his daughter is painting a whole scenario which seems dubious to me. This Russian angle is really weird.

But maybe now my dear brother will stop sending me "wisdom" from Jordan P.

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2020 6:33 AM

R66, that is a brilliant observation. Well said.

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2020 6:45 AM

R72, your brother needs a benzo, bro.

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2020 6:51 AM

These "rehabs" in Russia are nothing more than Russian Orthodox Church monasteries where addiction is supposedly cured through prayer, fasting, and some such nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2020 12:16 PM

[quote]he has neurological damage from his addictions

This is the guy who said that autoimmune disorders are cured by an all-meat diet, right?

No sympathy. He is merely reaping what he has sown.

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2020 12:18 PM

R37 he's one of those right wing Canadians who hates Canada.

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2020 12:23 PM

[quote]I'm a recovering alcoholic

Bitch, according to your posting history you're a 29-year-old gay, an older lesbian radfem, a liberal, a centrist, and a far-rightie who thinks Ilhan Omar is married to her brother.

Don't you fucking tell us what we can or can't do. Why don't you spend your time working on your sockpuppetry and trolling skills so you don't bore us to death, instead?

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2020 12:26 PM

He's a douchebag who has no sympathy for anyone but expects it by the truckload for himself.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2020 12:26 PM

LOL at R78’s smack down of our recovering alkie’s sock puppetry skillz!

😂!!!!

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2020 2:14 PM

I'm sure R21 has a lot of voices and people in his head.

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2020 2:19 PM

Not a very strong man, then, is he?

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2020 2:20 PM

"sought alternative treatment in Russia because they found North American hospitals had misdiagnosed him"

hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2020 2:23 PM

Wearing a placard "I AM A RUSSIAN SPY"!!! might be more discrete.

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2020 2:34 PM

R79, so a Republican, but the Canadian version.

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2020 3:16 PM

I’m sure coke is involved too.

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2020 3:23 PM

Okay, I had never heard of this dude until yesterday. While I was cruising 4chan(I know, I know), I was threads about him. Those little incels were mad as hell their idol was a weak cuck-their words not mine.

(I find 4chan interesting in a car wreck way. It helps me understand the psychology of these types and what is driving them. I don't agree with the majority of what is spewed on there.)

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2020 3:44 PM

[quote] This is the guy who said that autoimmune disorders are cured by an all-meat diet, right?

It's not that meat itself is a cure. It's just that all the other foods, most notably wheat and sugar, is killing us. Those with autoimmune disorders are especially vulnerable. Those foods have been pushed on us because of their cheap cost. However, you have some nutcases trying to eliminate meat from our diets and overcharge for all the other crap that is already overly abundant.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2020 4:27 PM

You really know nothing about him, do you R79?

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2020 9:14 PM

What's the lobster thing all about?

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2020 9:32 PM

R88 It's really weird that big business is pushing laboratory and Frankenstein foods in the guise of helping the environment, when those foods are probably much more dangerous for your short term health. It's really just a cost saving measure being employed due to food shortages.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2020 9:44 PM

R89 I know he was a guy who couldn't get work anywhere until someone got him his position at the UofT.

He did lectures that no one attended except for his students.

He wrote papers that no one read.

He wrote books that no one read.

He had a YouTube channel that no one watched.

Then he latched onto the anti-trans movement and he became a daring of the right, cavorting with Neo-Nazis and using rhetoric to get himself in the spotlight.

Here's what the guy who got him his job thinks about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2020 10:06 PM

OK, that Cuntess Chocula thing is funny AF! I cackled, and I’m sometimes a cunt who love chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2020 10:20 PM

R92, I was correct. You know nothing about what he has really said and now you show you really know nothing about him.

He is not anti-trans and has never said anything anti-trans. He has tens of hours on youtube, he has given well over 200 lectures around the word in the past two years, you will never find him saying anything negative about trans people. His has never been anti-trans, he has always been anti-compelled speech of the Canadian bill C-16. His video on this issue did bring him into prominence but that issue was a minor, almost obscure part of what he has been talking about since.

He has a PhD from Mcgill University and taught there as a fellow for two years, then was an assistant professor at Harvard for 5 years. He has taught psychology for 21 years at the University of Toronto, obviously they haven't been in a hurry to get rid of this "loser" as you portray him. He's had a successful clinical psychology practice all these years.

His Maps of Meaning book is difficult, dense and requires a college level reading ability. It is based on one of the college courses he's taught. It's not for everyone. His 12 Rules for Living, a much more easy read, has sold 3 million copies. He has 2.5 million subscribers on youtube and hours of videos, many of his lectures at the UofT, from before he became well known, that are fascinating and very informative about human psychology. His videos have been watched by about 60 million people. As I mentioned, he has given lectures in 120 cities around the world during the past two years attended by several hundred thousand people. His basic message is that life is a terrible, miraculous tragedy, make your life matter.

Everything you said about him is a complete lie. You could learn a lot from him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2020 11:24 PM

discreet, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 95February 10, 2020 1:23 AM

An all meat diet is not a sham. I’m doing one, and it’s working because I have a pair of pants that I can now fit into that I couldn’t before.

by Anonymousreply 96February 10, 2020 1:53 AM

R94 is the Grifter With a PhD himself.

by Anonymousreply 97February 10, 2020 2:02 AM

Can anyone here summarize his views?

by Anonymousreply 98February 10, 2020 2:06 AM

[quote]Can anyone here summarize his views?

I read "12 Rules for Living." There's not a terribly coherent worldview in there (common sense mixed with his own tangents) but I can see where it would appeal to a certain kind of hetero young man starving for a father figure.

Can't speak as to the rest of his output. Life's too short.

by Anonymousreply 99February 10, 2020 2:09 AM

For R98: MRA bullshit which makes disaffected undereducated angry males feel good about feeling angry and dispossessed, you know "the death of valiant, traditional masculinity", yada, yada, yada...

by Anonymousreply 100February 10, 2020 2:12 AM

R100 His views are absolutely relevant to the world we're living in today. Other people may have said them a long time ago but they are not here to defend common sense when it's so sorely lacking these days.

by Anonymousreply 101February 10, 2020 2:15 AM

who goes to russia for medical treatment?

by Anonymousreply 102February 10, 2020 2:17 AM

[quote] who goes to russia for medical treatment?

Their assets.

by Anonymousreply 103February 10, 2020 2:18 AM

R4, stopping benzos cold turkey can bring on seizures. Severe seizures can cause neurological damage. The best solution is some sort of tapering, the specifics dictating by the patient after examination. The Russians put in in a coma and stopped the benzos cold turkey. Now he has neurological damage.. Yes, the Russians have the guts, because they don't give a shit if they kill people.

by Anonymousreply 104February 10, 2020 2:25 AM

R94, explain his choice to seek medical treatment for benzodiazepine addiction, in Russia.

Everything you say about Peterson is on paper. What is Peterson’s objective? To get clicks, followers, regular subscribers, sell books, and book speaking gigs. What’s his goal? To make as much money as possible.

There’s nothing wrong with any of these aforementioned objectives and their goal. But here’s the thing, somewhere down the line, Peterson’s message either started to shape “conversations”, or, his message started to shape itself into the conversations that were the most profitable for him.

On face value, there’s also nothing wrong with aligning one’s topics of conversation, to current events or cultural observations of whatever Zeitgeist is at hand. There’s an honest an sincere way of approaching that, and we all know this.

What I saw Peterson do, is to become gradually more polarizing. I agreed with lots of his view points, yet as time went on, he started to act more like a crusader than a person sharing his experiences and observations. He was almost developing this symbiotic relationship with his Incel fans and he started to become increasingly angry and frustrated.

Eventually, he started to claim victimhood. It was him against PC culture, trans movements, SJWs, identity politics, etc., etc.

When you go into his line of work, two really important things have to be solid AF, no matter what: intent, and self awareness. Make sure that those two are locked, because those two principles will guide you, and your work, through a path of integrity, regardless of the challenges that come your way. Expect to become a target, expect to be misunderstood, and expect to be wrong, because you will be, and if you’re self aware and honest, you will admit it, and change course, publicly, because your work is public, and transparency is just a product of your guiding principles.

Why was Peterson in Russia, in order to undergo treatment in such a brutal and irresponsible method, that put his life in danger, and may have exposed him to permanent, neurological damage? Is the story even true? Someone should fill in these blanks, because anyone who has enough wherewithal to listen to this guy and understand his messaging and career, also understand, or should, that an intelligent person, such as him, does not seek treatment thousands of miles away from home, in a foreign country, where you have no guarantees that you’re gonna walk out of treatment alive. Even staying in Canada, and relapsing on the benzos, is a better scenario, when evaluating the possible worse case scenarios, which range from a horrendous, physical withdrawal, to death.

I don’t trust him. And I have a good argument as to why, as do others.

Either Russia is money to this man, and he used the rehab shit as a reason to travel there and get his visa, or he’s a fucking idiot.

What do you say about this? Was he there for work, or rehab? The possibility of it being both, is also there, which still makes his press release dishonest, specifically because of our current political climate, and the audience he is now known to attract.

by Anonymousreply 105February 10, 2020 2:28 AM

I watched the YouTube video about cleaning up your room I’ve listen to a couple of Jordan Peterson videos before I think he’s a very intelligent man probably too intelligent I think that’s what gets people in trouble ignorance is bliss really applies here because he is not an ignorant man. I agree with a lot of the things that he states .it makes sense I decided to watch the video his daughter put up on YouTube And if it’s true it’s a horrible situation that he is going through and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. there’s just not enough information to make a decision yet About him but I am going to view more of his videos. The Russian treatment sounds extreme and the addiction is just odd

by Anonymousreply 106February 10, 2020 2:37 AM

Exactly, R104. His daughter is painting a romantic tale of old-world know-how triumphing over Big Pharma.

I agree benzos are evil.

The most humane treatment for withdrawal is using other drugs in a slow, tapering schedule such as the Ashton Method. The Russian treatment sounds like some sick shit.

by Anonymousreply 107February 10, 2020 2:42 AM

[quote]I watched the YouTube video about cleaning up your room

It says volumes about the 21st-century state of thinking that a "public intellectual" can get fame for recommending adult men "pick up their room."

by Anonymousreply 108February 10, 2020 3:24 AM

R94 Ohhh! A college level reading ability. How impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 10, 2020 10:34 AM

He uses metaphor as though it were scientific evidence (ie the lobster thing). He uses scientific evidence that's been thoroughly debunked (the Pinker "study") and then delares "the data is in, this can't be debated." He thinks he's Joseph Campbell but interprets the Disney versions of folk tales as though they have archetypal truth even though they were written in the 50s, because that's what his audience is familiar with. He says he's all about self actualization but insists that women are only good for marriage and childbearing and that people shouldn't educate their daughters. He says he's all about meritocracy but blames boys failure on girls success. He hates socialism but clearly has no knowledge of any form of it beyond Marx's manifesto.

He's a typical academic of a certain type who hides behind his PHD in order to legitimize his pet theories. People intimidated or impressed by a PHD worship him.

He has a populist manifesto. A lifestyle course ("life authoring"), a weird diet and his own clothing brand. He will likely make fewer public appearances over time and instead have personal audiences with those willing to pay instead. I am 100% sure there will be expensive retreats.

He's a cult leader. And anyone who can't see that is in the cult.

by Anonymousreply 110February 10, 2020 10:52 AM

R94 you can spin it anyway you want but he stepped on the backs of the trans community to attain fame and fortune.

He also believe gay couples should not marry or raise children.

So both you and he may kindly go fuck yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 111February 10, 2020 12:55 PM

R94 who may be a sycophant or one of Peterson's family members, ignores the fact that NO ONE knew who the fuck Jordan Peterson was before he went after the trans community.

I also find it funny that they ignored the fact that he has a close relationship with far right groups.

by Anonymousreply 112February 10, 2020 12:58 PM

[quote]As I mentioned, he has given lectures in 120 cities around the world during the past two years

but didn't give any before attacking the LGBTQ community. funny how that worked out for him.

by Anonymousreply 113February 10, 2020 12:59 PM

When Joe Rogan can dismantle your argument you're not the intellectual you originally believed yourself to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 10, 2020 1:11 PM

He said in the past that he wanted to run for leadership of the local PC Party but was dissuaded from that.

I find it funny that the CPC are looking for a new leader and Peterson decides to go to Russia.

Perhaps receiving training on how to take over a political party.

by Anonymousreply 115February 10, 2020 1:17 PM

R115 God forbid he gain any political power. The Peterson Youth would stage a worldwide coup.

by Anonymousreply 116February 10, 2020 1:50 PM

I like when people cite someone's education as if that somehow is supposed to silence a person's critics. Simply being intelligent, does not automatically mean you're right. It only means you can sound smart being wrong or evil. Steve Bannon is an absolutely brilliant man and he's chosen to use his brilliance in very evil ways. Ted Cruz is also very smart - again, evil. The friggin Unibomber went to MIT.

I have never heard this man speak and I have no idea what he even sounds like (and i plan to keep it that way), but I can tell he appeals to (white) men who want to play victim all of the time in the same breath as claiming everyone else wants to be a victim.

by Anonymousreply 117February 10, 2020 2:35 PM

R117, I’ve listened to Peterson plenty, and I can vouch that the Unibomber’s manifesto was better structured than most of Peterson’s arguments.

No question.

by Anonymousreply 118February 10, 2020 2:47 PM

LOL, R118. Boy, then I guess I'm really not missing anything with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 119February 10, 2020 2:49 PM

R119, have you read that manifesto?

Krusinski was a mad man, but not wrong about his analysis of the world on which we live.

Lots of yammering in his writings, but the essence of it is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 120February 10, 2020 2:55 PM

So what's the lobster thing about?

by Anonymousreply 121February 10, 2020 3:00 PM

Finding your soulmate, R121.

by Anonymousreply 122February 10, 2020 3:31 PM

I don’t know him

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2020 3:37 PM

The lobster thing was about how being dominated by another male "literally" dissolves and reforms the male brain. Unfortunately for Jordan Peterson, quite aside from his ridiculous analogy between lobster and human biology, the scientific article he cited as his source didn't say that, and also it was about crayfish, not lobsters.

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2020 3:37 PM

I like blue lobster.

by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2020 3:39 PM

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2020 3:55 PM

[quote]So back to this man, Peterson: why is he getting care, in Russia? Because he is a Russian asset. That is all. Does his condition exist? I haven’t a clue, nor do any of you. But to claim that the United States or Canada could not provide a benzo addict with formidable rehabilitation and aftercare, is total bullshit. Ever been to rehab? That’s not where one detoxes from benzos. Any ER in either country MUST take you, treat you, and successfully detox you from benzos, NO MATTER WHAT.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! Why the hell was he taking Benzos for depression? There are many other drugs that are a better choice for depression. Absolutely no need to go to Russia for treatment.

by Anonymousreply 127February 10, 2020 4:55 PM

A nobody R126 who used the dislike society feels towards trans people to ride the wave of hate to fame and fortune.

by Anonymousreply 128February 10, 2020 4:57 PM

To be fair, the transtapo gave him a giant target.

by Anonymousreply 129February 10, 2020 4:59 PM

I first heard about him when he injected himself into the equal marriage debates back in 2002. He did not support it. Then he disappeared and resurfaced with his trans bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 130February 10, 2020 5:05 PM

I like my answer better, R124:

When a female lobster is ready to become a mother, she seeks out the region’s reigning male lobster and pays a call to his burrow. (In addition to being den-dwelling secretive critters, lobsters are territorial and aggressive. For the purposes of our interest in their love lives, this translates to the larger and fiercer

males quickly running off any potential competitors less battle-capable than themselves.) When the male comes charging out to see who is disturbing his beauty sleep (lobsters keep to their hiding places during the day, then prowl the neighborhood at night), the female either lightly wrestles with him or turns her back on him, either of which tends to somewhat calm his natural “kill everything that comes calling” urge. For good measure, she sprays him with the lobster equivalent of urine,

which is atomized from openings just below her antennae. Suitably mollified, the male grants her access to his den, where she shortly emerges from her shell, after which time the procreative act takes place. (Lobsters must molt in order to grow, which means at various points in their lives they must leave behind their old exoskeletons then exist for a time in a highly vulnerable state until their new shells form and harden.)

by Anonymousreply 131February 10, 2020 5:07 PM

I see I'm too late to make lobster jokes.

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2020 5:50 PM

R132, being that we’re all here, right now?

Not only are you too late, you’re also too early.

by Anonymousreply 133February 10, 2020 5:55 PM

I recently read his 12 rules book. Some parts were indistinguishable from Heinrich Himmler's pre war writings. Seriously.

But my overall impression was that it must be terrifying to have such a need to create "order" from "chaos" and kill all of life's mystery.

It reminded me of that Leonard Cohen line:

"Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul."

No wonder the guy has problems.

by Anonymousreply 134February 10, 2020 11:36 PM

outspoken blogger who routinely attacked Russia and Chechnya has been found dead in a French hotel with his throat slit and 100 stab wounds — and police suspect a “political motivation,” according to reports

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2020 11:53 PM

he the one who likes git fuked in public toilets and to rim??

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2020 7:04 AM

R94, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 137February 12, 2020 1:24 AM

R94, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 138February 12, 2020 1:24 AM

What exactly are we supposed to “learn” from him?

That, geez, if we want a good job, nice home, a hot spouse and social respectability we need to vacuum occasionally, study hard, not tell lies and avoid the company of bad guys? Groundbreaking.

He really does appeal to the sub-social idiot class.

by Anonymousreply 139February 12, 2020 4:33 AM

Rather than being the usual stupid person's idea of a smart person, he appears to be a douchebag's definition of one.

by Anonymousreply 140February 12, 2020 4:53 AM

12 RULES FOR LIFE is THE SECRET for brahs.

by Anonymousreply 141February 12, 2020 2:33 PM

R105, that was incredibly well-worded and well-reasoned. You gave me a philosophical boner.

by Anonymousreply 142February 12, 2020 9:00 PM

R135, thanks for posting that.

It just doesn’t get out as easily as it should, but look, Russia is out there, along with Saudi Arabia, murdering journalists. Anyone who speaks up or writes can become a target. Gay men are being tortured and killed, and regimes are able to do this, because they are backed by Vladimir Putin.

This is a problem. And for a North American cult personality from Canada, to seek medical treatment for something so ordinary, such as Benzodiazepine addiction, in Russia, when it could have been done in his own country, Canada, absolutely free, is on its face, unbelievable.

North Americans need to remember what it means, to actually go and do business in Russia. They kill journalists and LGBTQs, and they are coming for us because they want more and that more, is power, and there are people out there, that need us to stop being a country who protects freedom of the press, because once we no longer allow it, any monster can come in, and do anything it wants.

Things like this are not rare, and are recent. All it fakes is one man with a vision, to come in and change the world. Hitler did it, and others will continue trying. Don’t fuck around with those who are trying. Don’t contribute to tyranny by lending anything of your person or ideals, to people who want others dead because they’re gay, trans, or journalists.

Pretty fucking simple.

by Anonymousreply 143February 12, 2020 9:30 PM

Maybe this is old-school thinking, but an addict has a secret: he is an addict. And the addict lies to protect his secret. The addict lies to protect his stash. So take all statements made by an active addict as suspect. All the posturings and the deals and the attitudes are tainted because there cannot be transparency.

by Anonymousreply 144February 13, 2020 9:33 AM

Jordan peterson is extremely intelligent individual. A lot of people of lower intelligence just don’t understand him and they criticize him. For those individuals it’s best that they don’t even try they will only become frustrated. it’s best for those people to get their news and information and any psychological help from the women of the view especially Whoopi oh and joy

by Anonymousreply 145February 16, 2020 6:17 PM

R145, such a reddit-esque take you have. Honey, I don't even know this guy and I don't doubt he's "intelligent" like Steve Bannon or Sam Harris (who I know some of you worship because bigotry is geared to certain people and not others), that doesn't mean he uses his "intelligence" the right way or that he says anything "profound," unless you yourself are of lower intelligence.

He seems to appeal to white guys desperate to be "victims."

And I finally read the lobster thing and it's easily countered:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 16, 2020 6:31 PM

A guy at work once read The 7 Habits Of Highly Successful People and acted as if he was the first person to discover the book.

He repeatedly mispronounced the word paradigm as para-DIG-um.

He thinks Peterson is the most brilliant writer and speaker he's ever read and seen.

That tells me everything I need to know about Jordan Peterson.

by Anonymousreply 147February 16, 2020 6:58 PM

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson. His discourse is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of cognitive psychology, neuroscience and metaphysics most of his lectures will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Jordan's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly integrated into his [italic]Being[/italic]- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Friedrich Nietzsche, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his insight, to realise that it's not just profound- it's says something deep about the LOGOS.

by Anonymousreply 148February 16, 2020 7:06 PM

[quote]To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson.

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 149February 16, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote] it's not just profound- it's says something deep about the LOGOS.

So deep that its boundaries can't be found?

by Anonymousreply 150February 16, 2020 7:54 PM

His fanboys here seem to think that no one else knows anything about philosophy or the other academic fields at issue and are as easily impressed as they are by someone who throws names like "Nietzsche" around.

by Anonymousreply 151February 16, 2020 7:55 PM

That's because they're all 18 year old kids. Hence insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 152February 16, 2020 9:09 PM

His fans are like the actors who got taken in by Scientology, because their Scientologist acting coach told them "You are gifted, smart and worthwhile. Let me help you develop your talent", and bingo, they're in a cult.

by Anonymousreply 153February 16, 2020 9:30 PM

You can tell Jordan Peterson is super intelligent because he never sais "I know" when he could say "I'm cognizant of the fact...."

by Anonymousreply 154February 16, 2020 9:31 PM

R148 Inspired by the Rick & Morty copypasta popular on Reddit not that long ago?

by Anonymousreply 155February 16, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote]To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Jordan Peterson.

Is this what you tell yourself?

[quote]His fanboys here seem to think that no one else knows anything about philosophy or the other academic fields at issue and are as easily impressed as they are by someone who throws names like "Nietzsche" around.

I never felt dirty jerking off because Bentham told me to if I wanted to maximize my happiness!

by Anonymousreply 156February 16, 2020 10:36 PM

Why would I want to take lessons from an admitted junkie? I've never had a problem with drugs/alcohol, so why in the hell would I need a lecture about "society" and "life" from someone who failed?

How about become more introspective and self-aware in rehab? Clean up your life and then learn humility when you attempt to lecture others on ANYTHING when many of us haven't failed the way you have, Mr. Peterson. You're in no position to wag a finger at the failures of society when you yourself have failed.

by Anonymousreply 157February 16, 2020 10:42 PM

R156 R157

by Anonymousreply 158February 16, 2020 10:57 PM

no one who is "smart" heads to the former ussr for medical treatment.

by Anonymousreply 159February 16, 2020 11:57 PM

Maybe he was there to augment his vast, "obsessive" collection of Soviet propaganda art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2020 2:22 AM

R146, yeah. Sam Harris really disappoints with his Crusade on Islam. I understand his differentiation of Islam and Muslim, but that not the way it is viewed by 98% of Muslims, and it really bothers me.

I still listen to San’s podcast, because he interviews people who I am very interested in hearing from, and a TED Talk won’t be as detailed as a 1.5 to 2.0 hour podcast. These people are not highlighted in other podcast mediums as much or as comprehensively as they are on Sam’s podcast. Whenever he starts in on something I disagree with, I write him an email and tell him why, and I even ask him specific questions, in order to illuminate me.

So yes, I still listen, however, not without protesting what I disagree with.

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2020 2:27 AM

Collects Soviet art and is in the former USSR for experimental medical treatment. ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2020 2:32 AM

so funny that old bombastic fuk is a druggie.

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2020 1:06 PM

How big do you think Jordan's dick is? He looks like he has a long one.

by Anonymousreply 164February 19, 2020 3:17 AM

I think he is if anything underendowed. He has small dick energy if I ever saw it.

by Anonymousreply 165February 19, 2020 6:45 AM

There's a beautiful moment in this "interview" where Noam Chomsky entirely dismissed Peterson as a worthy intellectual, rendering several little alt right neckbeards speechless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 20, 2020 5:15 AM

Stylish:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 22, 2020 2:41 AM

I think he’s probably been given too much attention as it is.

by Anonymousreply 168February 22, 2020 2:47 AM

looks high and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 169February 22, 2020 5:06 AM

Peterson is utter right-wing garbage. No one should put any stock in anything he says, and DL is one of the last places in the world he should find any scrap of support.

by Anonymousreply 170February 22, 2020 5:45 AM

Drugs should be mandatory.

by Anonymousreply 171February 22, 2020 7:30 AM

Maybe he should clean his room instead of doing benzos.

by Anonymousreply 172February 22, 2020 10:02 AM

Loses it and makes it "all about me" when his wife is diagnosed with cancer. Speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 173February 22, 2020 5:35 PM

Lost a lot of weight:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 22, 2020 10:22 PM

a steaming cup of plutonium tea keeps the weight of.

by Anonymousreply 175February 22, 2020 10:39 PM

weight off. dammit.

by Anonymousreply 176February 22, 2020 10:39 PM

He always has that same look on his face. I get it at the moment but before all this went down, even. And when he did laugh it was always one of those strange, barking laughs that didn't contain any real humour at all. I'm suspicious of men who don't or can't laugh or be light and humourous in mien.

by Anonymousreply 177February 23, 2020 3:29 AM

On the mend:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 25, 2020 4:55 AM

ha ha ha! receiving instruction straight from the motherland

by Anonymousreply 179February 25, 2020 5:45 AM

Is his daughter married to a Russian?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 25, 2020 11:16 AM

Is that his daughter in R178? She looks like a Russian hooker. This guy now appears to be totally Russified.

by Anonymousreply 181February 25, 2020 1:02 PM

Now he can come back to Canada and run for the CPC leadership.

by Anonymousreply 182February 25, 2020 6:33 PM

R180: да.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183February 26, 2020 1:05 AM

The Russian SIL is kind of cute, even if he does insist on the blow-up-doll makeover we see on that scarlet creature at R178.

by Anonymousreply 184February 26, 2020 1:26 AM

WTF is going on here?

by Anonymousreply 185February 26, 2020 1:30 AM

I scrolled through the daughters instagram and she seems a bit off, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

by Anonymousreply 186February 26, 2020 2:23 AM

That she’s Jordan Peterson’s daughter and lives on an all beef diet may be the initial factors that began your suspicion.

by Anonymousreply 187February 26, 2020 4:38 AM

Jordan appears to be back from Russia.

Here he is playing with a remote-controlled car. He's also working on a book as a follow up to his bestseller "12 Rules for Life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 25, 2020 2:21 AM

Opioids don't care about your feelings

by Anonymousreply 189April 25, 2020 4:21 AM

12 more rules for life? I don't think I could take the abundance of think pieces on Merion West. Hopefully the Covid takes him out before next year.

by Anonymousreply 190April 25, 2020 9:03 AM

What a worthless shit of a person.

by Anonymousreply 191April 25, 2020 9:22 AM
by Anonymousreply 192April 25, 2020 2:36 PM

He is a scumbag, and it has nothing to do with his drug addiction

by Anonymousreply 193April 25, 2020 2:53 PM

He always comes across as an impatient, tough guy who knows all the answers in his Youtube clips, so I wondered why he fell apart so spectacularly. Was he hiding all his potential weakness and problems from everyone? Well, no, not really.

Part of his Wiki entry

[quote] In late 2016, Peterson went on a strict diet consisting only of meat and some vegetables to control severe depression and an autoimmune disorder, including psoriasis and uveitis.In mid-2018 he stopped eating vegetables, and continued eating only beef. In 2019, Peterson entered a rehabilitation facility after experiencing symptoms of physical withdrawal when he stopped taking clonazepam, an anti-anxiety drug. He had begun taking the drug on his doctor's recommendation, following his wife's cancer diagnosis.

His mind-set was also mentioned in some of his interviews-

[quote] Interviewer: You say you’re ‘a tragically minded and pessimistic person’; I say you’re a hopeless optimist.

[quote] Jordan: Well, that’s right. You got the phrasing right: I’m a hopeless optimist. That’s because I actually believe that despite the fact that I believe that suffering is an ultimate reality, I do believe that there’s a mode of being that allows people to transcend it.

Also in that same interview he did have a good answer to "Do you believe in God?"

[quote] Interviewer: Are you a Christian? Do you believe in God?

[quote] I think the proper response to that is No, but I’m afraid He might exist.

by Anonymousreply 194April 25, 2020 3:25 PM

I though this was very interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 25, 2020 4:06 PM

[quote]I think the proper response to that is No, but I’m afraid He might exist.

Then he's a moral minnow as well as an intellectual one as he promotes Christian patriarchy.

[quote]Well, that’s right. You got the phrasing right: I’m a hopeless optimist. That’s because I actually believe that despite the fact that I believe that suffering is an ultimate reality, I do believe that there’s a mode of being that allows people to transcend it.

His obsession with eliminating chaos - "Chaos is the problem! Chaos is evil! Femininity is chaotic! The antithesis of that is a 1950s fantasia!" - is the miserable result of his own weakness.

by Anonymousreply 196April 26, 2020 10:27 AM

He's a gateway to Nazism.

by Anonymousreply 197April 26, 2020 11:05 AM

[quote] Why would anyone, especially a right wing pundit need to seek medical treatment in Russia? This makes no sense.

Russia has been funding right wingers for years. European fascists have even had at least one convention in Russia a few years ago. Anyone who knows anything about Russia knows the Kremlin keeps using time and time again the fight against foreign fascists as a scapegoat for various actions. This is obviously a remnant from their communist era when the Nazis in WWII were still fresh in mind.

Which is why it's a bit weird how openly Russians have been supporting extreme right wingers all over Europe. Then again I suspect not that many Russians even know about it, or if they do they probably think it's mainly a political move and an attempt to sow discord in Europe.

Still, European right wingers love Russia. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Steven Bannon is in bed with the Ruskies behind the scene as well.

by Anonymousreply 198April 26, 2020 11:31 PM

so in the end, just another crank with a crank family.

by Anonymousreply 199April 26, 2020 11:53 PM

So tired of hearing about Russia's useless social media campaigns when countries like China have been destroying the US economy with the help of US politicians.

by Anonymousreply 200April 27, 2020 4:26 AM

Unlike Russia, China has never been held accountable after decades of stealing our jobs, money, and intellectual property, not to mention actively spying on us. Yet Russian bots are supposed to be the most serious threat? Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 201April 27, 2020 4:32 AM

Girls girls [Russia and China], you're both cunts. No need to argue about who's the worst.

by Anonymousreply 202April 27, 2020 11:12 AM

New book coming out.

by Anonymousreply 203November 26, 2020 5:38 AM

Maybe if weeping Canadian Random House staff succeed in cancelling him, he will switch to crack cocaine and ice?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 26, 2020 5:41 AM

I don’t support cancel culture but did him I’m willing to make an exception.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 26, 2020 5:51 AM

I’ve seen a recent video he made and he is a mess. But some followers say he always came across that way. Even experienced prescription drug abusers say his story doesn’t make sense.

by Anonymousreply 206November 26, 2020 5:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!