Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Promising Young Woman” (2020) Carey Mulligan Date Rape Revenge Trailer LOOKS SO GOOD!

Carey Mulligan is getting back at the “good guys” who date rape and see no issue.

It looks so good and filled with many cuties, mainly my fav boo Adam Brody. Can’t wait to see!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 31, 2021 2:36 AM

I saw it at Sundance.

It’s excellent, just really sad and stomach-churning.

by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2020 9:51 PM

Margot Robbie helped produce it.

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2020 9:51 PM

I will be watching. I love Adam Brody, he is 100% my type.

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2020 11:39 PM

He’s cute as usual.

But he’s hotter and playing a different type in that superhero movie.

by Anonymousreply 4February 1, 2020 2:40 AM

[Quote] I will be watching. I love Adam Brody, he is 100% my type.

I had a crush on him back in The OC days. Seems like his career is on the upswing after Shazam and Ready Or Not.

by Anonymousreply 5February 1, 2020 10:03 AM

She looks really haggard.

by Anonymousreply 6February 1, 2020 11:44 AM

Great. Cast!

by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2020 12:42 PM

She looks fantastic, R6. Exactly how she should, given that she hasn't made her face into a smooth egg with fillers.

by Anonymousreply 8February 1, 2020 12:55 PM

Brody is still so damn cute.

by Anonymousreply 9February 1, 2020 12:56 PM

Looks like a G-rated version of I Spit On Your Grave. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 10February 1, 2020 1:49 PM

Brody is aging beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 11February 1, 2020 10:22 PM

I wanna see this

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2020 11:22 PM

R12 I do too. Just hope it's not gory.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2020 12:30 AM

I had really wanted to see this because I love Carey Mulligan and Adam Brody, but I have a friend who also saw this at Sundance, and he said that a lot of people were going to be very disappointed by, if not downright angry at, the ending, which he described as "a baffling and inane betrayal of the film's entire premise." Bummer. I may Redbox it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2020 12:33 AM

I will go see it and decide how I feel.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2020 1:40 AM

R15 let us know what you think.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2020 7:17 AM

I just saw the trailer for this before "The Lodge" (which was great, by the way). I thought this looked very trite, aping the college campus rape outrage and spinning it into an "I Spit on Your Grave" ripoff of sorts. Way too on-the-nose. I agree that Adam Brody is still adorable, though. He hasn't aged at all.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2020 8:15 AM

arrrggghhhh...….ms mulligan makes me grab the puke jar..

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2020 10:43 AM

It comes out Christmas. Can’t wait!!!

by Anonymousreply 19December 12, 2020 3:35 AM

R19 what weird timing.

by Anonymousreply 20December 12, 2020 10:59 AM

This looks interesting and I always liked Carey Mulligan.

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2020 1:04 AM

This looks interesting and I always liked Carey Mulligan.

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2020 1:04 AM

R22 she’s fine. But she looks great in this.

by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2020 10:42 PM

An Oscar screener has made its way onto torrent sites and fucking hell this is an amazing film.

Excellent cast, brilliant performances all around and a storyline that keeps you wondering where it's going. The film also *looks* great, at least it did on my tv, and I really wish I'd seen it in the cinema.

Carey Mulligan looks distractingly like Stevie Nicks for a lot of the film but she deserves all the award recognition she'll hopefully get. Laverne Cox breaks out from her staple role as "sassy friend who raises an eyebrow when she speaks" to "sassy friend with nosering who raises an eyebrow when she speaks". Molly Shannon, Jennifer Coolidge and Alison Brie are best known for comedy, and there is a darkly humourous edge to elements of this, but it doesn't take away from the sadness.

Great soundtrack too and love the Emerald Fennell cameo.

by Anonymousreply 24January 4, 2021 8:01 AM

R24 - I found that screener too. The movie did not go at all how I expected. Very unconventional and uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 25January 4, 2021 1:55 PM

This film is extraordinary. Not perfect but very good indeed. 4.5/5

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2021 7:57 AM

Is it "officially" streaming anywhere? I'm not really going to be dealing with torrents. Also... given the creative talent behind it, I have to ask, If I absolutely HATED Killing Eve because I found it purile and pulpy, do you think I'll have a similar reaction to the film? The trailer looked great!

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2021 8:06 AM

[quote] mainly my fav boo

Never type that again, OP. You can't pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2021 8:21 AM

not a fan o her, but its a damn fun movie....offbeat, kool...

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2021 8:21 AM

Gonna have to watch

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2021 4:11 PM

Can someone link to a torrent to stream?

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2021 5:29 PM

This movie is amazing. First half is a little slow, second half rocks. Don't read about it or watch the trailer. Mainly because the movie doesn't have many cards to play. She's not a cartoon psycho so its more about the drama and character development. It will get lots of Oscar nominations and seems a lock for Best Screenplay and maybe Best Actress (assuming McDormand doesn't win again)

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2021 6:31 PM

Me too, R10. Can't bear watching things on this subject, personally. Makes me too angry.

by Anonymousreply 33January 31, 2021 2:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!