Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone here have an adjustable bed?

how do you like it? Is it worth it? Any tips or brands you recommend?

I have a really bad back. When I sleep in my recliner it helps a lot. I’m thinking an adjustable bed base would be good. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2020 10:38 AM

I’m looking for one that has zero gravity. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2020 7:45 PM

OP, the best kind of matress, especially if you have back problems , is a semi-hard futon. Ask a chiropractor.

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2020 7:48 PM

OP, zero gravity just means the head part moves and the foot part moves. Don’t buy one with just the head moving if you want that feature. Also, you might want to consider a new mattress too, really firm ones don’t work because the mattress bends and breaks. For the love of God, DO NOT BUY A SLEEP NUMBER! They are overpriced blow up beds.

by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2020 7:49 PM

My relatives love their sleep number. I know some other people who have an adjustable bed and love it

I bought a firm mattress and it was horrible for my back. I woke up every morning in pain. I gave it away and they didn't like it either

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2020 8:07 PM

To be honest, I'm more comfortable in my recliner than my adjustable bed (which does have zero gravity). Not sure why, but the recliner seems to have a better angle combination than I can get with the bed. Also keep in mind you need either a different or no pillow with the adjustable bed. A good sleep store can help you figure out which one is best for you (but a recliner is a whole lot cheaper than an adjustable bed).

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2020 8:10 PM

go here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2020 8:14 PM

Get one that vibrates too!

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2020 8:33 PM

No because I’m not 80

by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2020 8:56 PM

A futon R2? A futon will fucking kill your back!

by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2020 9:30 PM

OP I just bought a Beautyrest adjustable. It is OK and I get the health benefits of it but just never think to use it. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2020 10:25 PM

Get a waterbed

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2020 10:30 PM

I want to get something that replicates the zero gravity feel I get from my recliner. In my recliner I have less pressure on my lower back. Is that possible?

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2020 10:32 PM

R12 I have a recliner and an adjustable bed. The recliner is more comfortable imho.

by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2020 10:49 PM

You need one of these:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2020 12:33 AM

How about trying one of these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2020 4:28 AM

Sven and son make a good one

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2020 3:26 PM

They look like they could be comfortable but do they really make a difference?

by Anonymousreply 17February 2, 2020 3:35 PM

Will you get the color TV, the VCR, or the MI-CROW-WAVE, OP?

by Anonymousreply 18February 2, 2020 3:40 PM

I purchased one a few months ago. I love it! It’s so freaking comfortable! You may want to look into a wall hugger model. With a regular model when you put the head of the bed up can’t reach your bedside table.

by Anonymousreply 19February 7, 2020 6:47 PM

I do. Elevating the head is nice when you have a cold or acid reflux. And having the feet AND the head elevated is very comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 20February 7, 2020 6:49 PM

[quote] Will you get the color TV, the VCR, or the MI-CROW-WAVE, OP?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 21February 7, 2020 7:19 PM

Aren’t those for super old people?

by Anonymousreply 22February 7, 2020 7:22 PM

Can my side be super soft?

by Anonymousreply 23February 7, 2020 7:23 PM

How old are you people??? and R19 - "I purchased one a few months ago." You purchased WHAT? Could you give us a hint?

Sorry boys. I just got my period and am feeling cranky.

by Anonymousreply 24February 7, 2020 7:26 PM

An adjustable bed R24. Look at the title and it will give you a clue.

by Anonymousreply 25February 7, 2020 11:08 PM

I had severe back problems, had surgery, and was on opioids for years for it. Everyone has a recommendation for the best kind of bed. The truth is that everyone is different. Get whatever is most comfortable for you.

by Anonymousreply 26February 7, 2020 11:11 PM

Do you mean a ”Craftmatic, automatic, adjustable living bed”?

I hated these commercials.

by Anonymousreply 27February 7, 2020 11:16 PM

I love my adjustable bed. Have had it since 2015. I sleep in a slightly head raised angle. I was gonna have knee surgery and I wanted a really comfortable bed. I don't put the feet up 'cause I don't like the angle but it does have a zero gravity setting (and massages). Nothing has gone wrong with this frame ever in 4-1/2 years. The brand is Reverie--which is available all over the country apparently. I think the model is 5D--something like that. It may be discontinued but there are newer models. When I bought it it cost $1500. I think they are cheaper now if you find my model. I think any large chain mattress seller will have different adjustable beds to try. Then look online for the one you want and you'll probably find it cheaper. Even Costco sells Reverie I think.

by Anonymousreply 28February 7, 2020 11:35 PM

R26 are your back problems now gone?

by Anonymousreply 29February 7, 2020 11:45 PM

A friend just bought an adjustable bed and I laid on it and tested out the back rest function. It was comfortable. I didn't test out the leg/foot adjustment area. I can ask my friend what kind of bed that was.

The good thing about a recliner is that it's probably easy to get out of it, compared to a bed.

What about just putting a big pillow under your legs (while lying on your back)?

by Anonymousreply 30February 7, 2020 11:46 PM

Yes they are. I was told I would have chronic pain for the rest of my life, and I did for almost a decade after a back injury. But eventually I guess my body healed itself and I am perfectly fine now. Once I stopped taking all those drugs the pain was gone. (They had caused hyperanalgesia).

Don't give up hope if you've got chronic pain! It can get better.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2020 12:14 AM

How did you injure your back R31?

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2020 3:56 AM

[quote] R26 are your back problems now gone?

Unfortunately he now has “front” problems.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2020 10:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!