Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Within Treason: Make Me a Witness (The Impeachment Trial, Part 24)

Continued Discussion

Make me a witness

Take me out

Out of darkness

Out of doubt

I won't weigh you down

With good intention

Everyone is waiting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 3, 2020 3:03 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2020 3:56 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2020 4:57 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2020 4:57 AM

*ignore that. Wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2020 4:58 AM

Thank you OP. Love these threads! ♥️

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2020 5:02 AM

I just really really hope more Americans than usual are paying attention and understand what's happening. If the cover-up by the repub Senate members doesn't lead to voters flipping control back to Democrats in November, nothing will.

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2020 5:21 AM

The Democrats don't need to take their "foot off the gas pedal" after this is over....We all know that worthless, feckless fuck Donald Trump is going to crow about how he's been 'exonerated' by the senate. The collective memory of the American public is SO short term, the party has got to keep talking about the crimes of Donald Trump, and the complicity of each and EVERY senator who is covering for him!

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2020 7:28 AM

Trump has been derailing the Democratic Primary with his constant blatherings. If he is not convicted and removed then the House needs to ramp up corruption investigations and a possible new Article of Impeachment that will fill his waking moments as he has NO opponent for the republican nomination. If all he can do is campaign and go to rallies, then he can be bound by endless subpoenas ans investigations.

by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2020 7:52 AM

Is it possible that Trump is the reincarnation of Henry the VIII?

by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2020 7:59 AM

Democrats also need to talk more about Trump's SCAM charity "Trump Foundation" that he was forced to shut down and pay I believe a $2 million settlement fine? Remember in 2016 he skipped 1 repub primary debate and claimed he would instead hold a fundraiser for military veterans. Well that money instead went to his scam charity and the vets never got the money. Democrats need to talk about this year

Also mention his SCAM "Trump University" that was also forced to close down and he had to pay I think a $25 million settlement.

Imagine if Obama or Clinton had done either of those things. That would have led to impeachment!

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2020 8:08 AM

WTF with the asshole DEMOCRATS now fucking us over and saying "no witnesses"? Fuck them. This is turning into a win for Trump and the Repugs. Now, they'll have nine months to turn it around with the help of the compliant and complicit media. And, to top it all off, they'll get to run against some half dead old white man (either Bernie or Biden) while the country clamors for a vigorous, lively opposite of "half dead old white man".

If Trump gets acquitted, the Democrats need to demand that Germany, Britain, Sweden or, hell, the entirety of Europe intervene on our behalf in the next election by cheating for us. Why not, right?

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2020 8:23 AM

If the House has any additional evidence of tRump’s criminality, today would be the day to let it out.

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2020 11:17 AM

[quote]I'm pretty psychic too and will predict no Repubs vote to remove Trump from office while at least 2 Dems vote with them.

Well, I'm not psychic but this is my guess as well.

by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2020 12:21 PM

Arizona Republic: Sen. Kyrsten Sinema breaks silence, asks her 1st question in impeachment trial

Sinema, a centrist Democrat from Arizona, asked why the administration did not notify Ukraine or Congress of its decision to withhold $391 million of congressionally approved security assistance, and the steps officials there needed to take to get the aid.

Patrick Philbin, deputy counsel to the president, answered that former U.S. special representative to Ukraine Kurt Volker told House members he and others hoped the hold would not become public because they did not want any signal sent to Ukrainian officials or others.

"It wasn't being done to send a signal," Philbin said. "It was to address concerns. The president had addressed concerns, and he wanted time to have those concerns addressed."

Philbin said Trump was concerned that European allies weren't paying their fair share to help Ukraine.

"And he wanted to understand corruption issues. He raised corruption issues," Philbin said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 30, 2020 12:43 PM

This....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 30, 2020 12:50 PM

NYT:

Republicans Move to Block Impeachment Witnesses, Driving Toward Acquittal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2020 1:04 PM

CNN:

Portion of US border wall in California falls over in high winds and lands on Mexican side

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2020 1:08 PM

If the Senate does what it seems primed to do and hands Trump an aquittal (or dismisses the trial) every one who voted to make it happen is going to own what that asshole has done, is doing and will continue to do in office. And I guarantee he's not going to suddenly transform into a wise, capable, law-abiding, leader. He's going to be the same shit-flinging crook he's been for the last three years.

by Anonymousreply 18January 30, 2020 1:11 PM

USA Today:

Trump Senate impeachment trial to resume with final questions to House Democrats, defense team — updates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2020 1:13 PM

[quote]I guarantee he's not going to suddenly transform into a wise, capable, law-abiding, leader.

Of course not -- a Senate acquittal gives him the green light to do what ever he sees fit to further his reelection. His lawyers say that, by definition, is pursuing the public interest. He will be worse than ever. And I am convinced that at least one Democrat will vote for acquittal, allowing Trump to crow about his "bipartisan support" in Tuesday's SOTU speech.

by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2020 1:15 PM

Rachel Maddow:

22 days ago, DOJ prosecutors in the Mike Flynn case were asking for a sentence of imprisonment. Now they say they're not.

What happened in the last 22 days?

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2020 1:15 PM

NYT:

To Senate Republicans, a Vote for Witnesses Is a Vote for Trouble

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2020 1:31 PM

Good lord, if you didn't think Graham was full of shit before.....

Tribune News Service:

Lindsey Graham's critics think he's changed. He thinks Democrats aren't playing fair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 30, 2020 1:41 PM

NYT:

Biden Plans a Counterattack at Trump as Impeachment Tensions Rise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 30, 2020 1:46 PM

What Chris Hays said at R15 x 1,000.

by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2020 2:06 PM

CNN:

Adam Schiff fires back after Trump's lawyer issues warning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2020 2:12 PM

David Pakman:

CAUGHT: Trump Making a Killing from Donor Cash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2020 2:20 PM

I LOL'd at the Sarah McLachlan reference, OP

by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2020 2:29 PM

The focus on impeachment continues to distract America from all the other nefarious things this admin is doing. For example:

The Trump admin is expected to loosen restrictions on the US military's ability to use landmines in the coming days, weapons that have been banned by more than 160 countries due to their history of killing & wounding civilians, multiple Defense Dept officials tell CNN's Ryan Browne.

by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2020 2:50 PM

R24, I hope so. Enough is enough.I've been waiting for Joe to respond .

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2020 2:57 PM

Bolton has some really yellow colored teeth.

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2020 2:59 PM

At this point, it's over.... not that I suppose anyone really expected a conviction, although I thought all bets were off if witnesses were called

Two questions: What's the best we can pull out of this now?

Was it a mistake?

by Anonymousreply 32January 30, 2020 3:18 PM

Four answers, R32:

Sound bites.

It had to be done.

If necessary, do it again.

Win the next election!

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2020 3:23 PM

Steele: Following Trump, GOP Senators Have Opened A Pandora's Box Of Hell | The 11th Hour | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 30, 2020 3:23 PM

That’s my biggest fear, too - thatCongress has been crippled and the president’s powers are out of control.

by Anonymousreply 35January 30, 2020 3:25 PM

Bill Barr always dreamed of an "imperial presidency" -- now he's helped engineer one.

Might not work so well for him when the Dems take power. But, of course, the Repugs will then be shrieking about the things they're now applauding.

by Anonymousreply 36January 30, 2020 3:31 PM

Dershowitz is a traitor. His clown act helped to make this happen and gave Trump some quasi legal arguments. Hope he is ostracized now.

by Anonymousreply 37January 30, 2020 3:31 PM

ABC:

Trump lawyer appears caught off-quard with question l ABC News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 30, 2020 3:37 PM

I am R32... I asked the questions... here are my answers.

I don't think it was a mistake. It had to be done on principle.

I think the Republicans look awful, but I don't know how much that matters. That worries me.

I think Bolton's book will be a new disaster for them and now, assuming it publishes on schedule, one month closer to the election and that [italic]should[/italic] be a good thing.

I fear the Democrats won't have enough good messaging to capitalize on the fallout from Bolton's book.

to be honest: I think Dems talk too much and they're striving to sound like fucking JFK and few if any are actually good at it. I heard one of the lawyers for Cheeto...Philbin I think... and he impressed me because he was talking so plainly. It was credible (if total bullshit) but he was delivering bullshit credibly and believably. I love Adam Schiff 90% of the time but ten percent I'm thinking it isn't the time for poetry, Adam. Schumer falls flat for me. Pelosi is brilliant behind the scenes but too frequently sounds doddering out front. Warren, who I don't back but will vote for if need be, is a pretty good plain talker but then she's got to ham it up with her hoe down routine. Sanders sounds like get off my lawn. Biden is sincere but too frequently inarticulate. Pete is starting to feel canned to me.

I believe we will do this in the end - take the presidency and maybe the Senate and certainly retain the House - but it will be by a whisker and more down to luck than our ability to get the strategy right.

Call me a concern troll, disagree with (convincingly) please! But I'm exhausted and down about this... the outcome was a foregone conclusion... I am not sure we have the skills to (using the old crisis cliche) turn danger into opportunity. Maybe all we need is a clear front runner to take over the lead on communications.

But Goddamit... and I promise to stop soon... we've got to stop being nice and start scorching the earth. Enough with bipartisan, enough with gentlemanly Senate etiquette bullshit... these rapacious bastards need to be called hard on their bullshit. They have turned their backs on this country in pursuit of God knows what. They're all after something different. If Dems want to build bridges, let them build them in a few years once whatever rises from the ashes of the destroyed Republican Party has risen. But these people deserve no quarter. They are terrible... terrible people, terrible party now. Marsha Blackburn, McConnell, Nunes, Gym, Collins... they deserve political war. No more punch pulling. Offend the Republicans. Challenge Democrats and Independents to stand up for the country because this is a tipping point.

Rant over. Fuck, I am feeling pessimistic.

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2020 3:40 PM

Maybe Trump rallies will have to be cancelled because the deadly virus. Also, if there are outbreaks, that will be bad for the administration. Even the effect on Chinese trade is likely to be negative.

by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2020 3:58 PM

Are Republicans Being Shadow Banned? (No) | Full Frontal on TBS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2020 4:13 PM

SENATOR TIM SCOTT (R) S.C., save the Republic; your enslaved ancestors are counting on you. Besides, as this president famously quipped, "what have you got to lose?" Regardless of your vote, the racist-in-chief hates you as much as he despises the rest of us, if not moreso, and cannot wait to strip you of your Senate seat.

You, like I, are...

by Anonymousreply 42January 30, 2020 4:14 PM

R38 Jesus, how many drinks did Susan Collins have before asking her slurred question?

by Anonymousreply 43January 30, 2020 4:17 PM

R32, How could the Democrats not do this? Everyone knows that the Republicans aren't going to do shit and will acquit. But, Trump's crimes and the all the Republicans who have allowed Trump to get away with his crimes have been publicly exposed and right now, and I consider it a win for us. And hopefully this will be reflected in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 44January 30, 2020 4:25 PM

They'll just rig the election again, if not cancel it outright. Or if he does lose, he'll just say it's a "fake election."

His thugs have already promised revenge. He's going to go full Pinochet and Putin on his enemies. Zuckerberg and Dorsey will let him continue to weaponize social media against everyone not in his cult.

His base [italic]wants[/italic] a dictatorship. He has enough military and law enforcement support to implement it.

There should be protests and general strikes, but nobody can be bothered to tear themselves away from their phones and reality shows.

People won't wake up until it's too late. The US is a giant pot full of frogs that's just about to start boiling.

by Anonymousreply 45January 30, 2020 4:29 PM

^ Henny Penny

by Anonymousreply 46January 30, 2020 5:07 PM

Epitome of evil Wilbur Ross says Coronavirus is a win for US economy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 30, 2020 5:07 PM

Meow!

Reporter: Senator Schumer, did you take Professor Dershowitz's class at Harvard Law?

Schumer: "No, and that's why my arguments are cogent."

by Anonymousreply 48January 30, 2020 5:08 PM

r40 Everyone is feeling pessimistic. It seems nothing can stop this gang of criminals. I'm not following this anymore. It is too depressing.

by Anonymousreply 49January 30, 2020 5:13 PM

USA Today:

Pelosi: Trump can't be exonerated if senators don't call witnesses – live impeachment trial updates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 30, 2020 5:16 PM

r49 I think some Democrats are too idealistic that truth and justice will prevail in a rigged system. No one should have expected anything different to happen. McConnell will do what he always does, and the Republicans will do what they always do, except for the "waffling" ones that are only pretending to waffle to extract concessions and dollars out of donors. John Roberts is a Republican and has given no indication he is interested in having a fair trial.

It's like everyone who was expecting Mueller to get rid of Trump. Some optimism is warranted but the Republicans have shown time and time again they do not care about anything, including Democracy, except for power.

The whole point of the impeachment was partly to tell the President "this is not acceptable" and partly to show the voters (and the world) how lost the Republicans are.

We have to show up en masse - overwhelming numbers, so vote tampering and disenfranchising has less of an impact, and vote them out.

by Anonymousreply 51January 30, 2020 5:19 PM

“If the president does something which he believes will help him get elected, in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment,” (Dershowitz 1/29/20).

IF THAT is the basis for acquittal, then it's time to take to the streets.

by Anonymousreply 52January 30, 2020 5:19 PM

NYT:

Rand Paul to insist on a question that names the whistle-blower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2020 5:21 PM

I just wish the whistleblower turned out to be Bolton

by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2020 5:22 PM

Sadd

by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Why did Nancy send the articles to the Senate again?

It could have waited until after the SOTU.

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2020 5:24 PM

AP:

Dershowitz says his Trump impeachment defense 'distorted'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2020 5:26 PM

Then let Dershowitz get up and qualify his remarks today.

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2020 5:36 PM

r21, it save Trump a public pardon if Barr simply reduces the consequences.

Quid pro a bunch of Flynn quos

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2020 5:37 PM

Melania, you in danger, girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]Rand Paul to insist on a question that names the whistle-blower.

He tried it again this afternoon and Roberts shut him down for the second time.

by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2020 5:42 PM

r60 - "We’ve long known that Donald Trump and his children — who all play a role in his businesses — were in legal jeopardy. And it now appears that the First Lady may be under suspicion for criminal behavior. No matter how you slice it, Melania has a lot of questions to answer."

And she can answer them in 5 (or was it 6?) different languages!

by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2020 5:47 PM

I hope Trump's family starts to live in a world of shit from now on.

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote]No matter how you slice it, Melania has a lot of questions to answer."

So what? All the other members of the Drumpf Crime Syndicate also have a lot to answer for. Do they ever? No.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2020 5:56 PM

I doubt Vairst Letty has much to contribute. She sleeps in a separate bedroom, on a separate floor in the White House. Is it likely he's confiding anything in her?

by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2020 6:02 PM

They were found guilty of using their bogus Trump Foundation illegally or something recently, and they just had to pay a $2 million fine.

They will NEVER see a minute behind bars, where they all belong.

Fucking grifters.

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2020 6:02 PM

Why doesn’t Rand “FOREIGN ASSET” Paul out the whistleblower himself instead of trying to get Roberts to do his dirty work?

Go ahead, big shot. Name him on twitter.

But he won’t because for all of his bluster, he’s a stupid hick who’s ridden daddy’s coattails for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote]who’s ridden daddy’s coattails for far too long.

Is that what I think it means?

by Anonymousreply 68January 30, 2020 6:14 PM

Ivanka, you don't know what that means. For that matter, you don't think, either.

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2020 6:18 PM

"Senator Rand Paul tried to have the chief justice of the United States, John G. Roberts Jr., read a question aloud that included the name of a person widely thought to be the C.I.A. whistle-blower whose complaint sparked the impeachment inquiry. Chief Justice Roberts rejected it, and Mr. Paul left the chamber and read it aloud before cameras at a news conference." The New York Times, live update, Jan. 30, 2002.

All righty then. I hope John Bolton is combing his mustache in preparation for his interview before the American people tonight. Quid pro quo.

by Anonymousreply 70January 30, 2020 6:18 PM

2002???

by Anonymousreply 71January 30, 2020 6:19 PM

R69, shut up. You're so stupid.

I know exactly what it means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 30, 2020 6:24 PM

Thanks, R71, my attribution should read January 30, 2020. Like all thinking Americans, I am having a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2020 6:26 PM

Richard Nixon- I am not a crook.

Donald Trump - I am a crook. So what?

by Anonymousreply 74January 30, 2020 6:28 PM

To be fair to R73, it feels as though this has been going on forever.

by Anonymousreply 75January 30, 2020 6:28 PM

They’re using Nixon reasoning: “If the President does it, it’s not illegal.”

by Anonymousreply 76January 30, 2020 6:45 PM

Something I don't get is why wouldn't Bolton just have a moment with the press and say something along the lines of, "He did this. Period. End of Story" Instead, we're wringing our hands and waiting for some cliffhanger book to come out. Don't get me wrong, I fucking loathe the guy, but if he's making statements to the press about wanting to testify, he can also just flat out say Trump did it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2020 6:49 PM

So Rand Paul revealed the name of the whistleblower? Isn’t that illegal?

by Anonymousreply 78January 30, 2020 6:52 PM

Bolton doesn't really want to testify, he just wants to sell his book. He knew that the odds of the Senate calling him were low -- and he knew that Trump would got to court to block his appearance even if the Senate did manage to do the right thing. But "I want to testify" has given him millions of dollars worth of free publicity.

by Anonymousreply 79January 30, 2020 6:56 PM

Not if it’s the wrong name

by Anonymousreply 80January 30, 2020 6:56 PM

Unfortunately, it’s not illegal to ID the whistleblower. The Whistleblower Protection Act only prevents his/her/their employer from retaliation in the form of demotion or firing, etc. The only things protecting the WB's anonymity are (1) ethical considerations by people who have ethics, and (2) fear of lawsuits by people who don’t.

by Anonymousreply 81January 30, 2020 7:09 PM

Roberts refused to read Paul's question.

by Anonymousreply 82January 30, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote]Roberts refused to read Paul's question.

But Paul posted the question on his Twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 83January 30, 2020 7:17 PM

The republicans in this farce of an impeachment trial has managed to accomplish something the Ukrainians wouldn't do - damage Biden's candidacy by seeding questions...just like they did to Hillary before him.

by Anonymousreply 84January 30, 2020 7:18 PM

Fuck Mitch McConnell and every other GOP Dump-lackey that has their head shoved up Cheatolini's rancid ass!

by Anonymousreply 85January 30, 2020 7:20 PM

I think the tRump spawn (the adults) need to be challenged and called out every step of the way for everything THEY do moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 86January 30, 2020 7:23 PM

New video released by the attorney for Lev Parnas show Parnas and his business partner Igor Fruman mingling with Trump and GOP officials at a donor event in April 2018.

The video shows RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel greeting Fruman with a hug and saying, “I’m so glad you’re here!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 30, 2020 7:25 PM

I am a paying subscriber....Why isn't this thread appearing in my "watched thred" list....Why is it that, when I push the eye for "watch thread" it never takes...?

by Anonymousreply 88January 30, 2020 7:25 PM

It was never about removal, it was about damaging his already shaky reputation and binding him to vulnerable Repug Senators Collins, Gardner, and McSally. Trump's approval rating in their states is 38, 36, and 47 (as of December). When this scandal winds down, another will take its place. This year is going to be like Chinese water torture for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 89January 30, 2020 7:28 PM

Rand Paul is saying "My question is not about a “whistleblower” as I have no independent information on his identity," after he posted the guy's name in the question that Roberts blocked. What a liar.

by Anonymousreply 90January 30, 2020 7:29 PM

Hmmmmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 30, 2020 7:32 PM

[quote]They’re using Nixon reasoning: “If the President does it, it’s not illegal.”

By all means let this gain currency as a comparison. It's close to what Dershowitz is claiming on behalf of Trump, while also being on record as hating Nixon.

Nixon later confessed in an interview that he had let down the American people. Perfect precedent for Trump's people to cite.

by Anonymousreply 92January 30, 2020 7:40 PM

CNN:

Dershowitz cited this professor for his defense. The professor says he's wrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 30, 2020 8:18 PM

R91 I thought all along, and particularly immediately, that if Bolton wants to get his message out, interview with Rachel Maddow. She knows the right questions to ask and will let him talk.

If Bolton went to Chris Cuomo instead, Chris would be yapping and interrupting with his views and argumentative points throughout.

Bolton won't do it, he will not likely be called by the Senate, then later he'll release his book for bigtime earnings. It's weasel type behavior.

by Anonymousreply 94January 30, 2020 8:38 PM

I don't think the R's damaged Biden. I think Biden just is uninspiring. We know him, he is middle of the road Joe. That doesn't insight passion. Remember D's fall in love R's fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 95January 30, 2020 8:39 PM

Bolton is a private citizen now and could walk right in and say he wants to testify.

by Anonymousreply 96January 30, 2020 8:54 PM

No, he couldn’t unless they invite or subpoena him and the Repubs won’t allow that.

by Anonymousreply 97January 30, 2020 8:57 PM

Nothing "insights" passion, R95. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 98January 30, 2020 8:58 PM

[quote]Bolton is a private citizen now and could walk right in and say he wants to testify.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 30, 2020 8:59 PM

Yes but at this point he's playing capitalist... he's about to bring a valuable product to the commercial market. Absent a command to appear, he may as well let market demand for his product build.

I know, I know, patriotism, ethics, country before what have you... but we're past that now, aren't me?

by Anonymousreply 100January 30, 2020 9:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 30, 2020 9:11 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Schiff RIPS Dershowitz in epic moment on floor of the Senate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 30, 2020 9:17 PM

They won't listen, Mr. Tribe.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 30, 2020 9:30 PM

Is The Iowa Caucus A Relic of the Past? | Full Frontal on TBS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 30, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]E. Jean Carroll: The dress has been tested. We have the results. My attorney @kaplanrobbie has served notice to @realDonaldTrump's attorney to submit a sample of Trump's DNA.

Ewww, but yes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 30, 2020 9:57 PM

Likelihood of witnesses?

by Anonymousreply 106January 30, 2020 9:58 PM

Does anyone remember this old SNL sketch where Dan Aykroyd begins a debate with Jane Curtin, “Jane, you ignorant slut”? I believe these attorneys will soon be on that level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 30, 2020 9:59 PM

There is still a possibility that there could be 3 votes for witnesses which would result in a tie which could possibly be broken by the Chief Justice. That would be high drama!

by Anonymousreply 108January 30, 2020 10:01 PM

Romney wants witnesses.

I’m supposed Gardner doesn’t. He’s going to lose this fall.

Who else? Is Collins pretending to be concerned yet?

by Anonymousreply 109January 30, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote]Is Collins pretending to be concerned yet?

Hang on, gimme a sec ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 30, 2020 10:10 PM

There apparently will not be a Senate interview of Bolton. And Trump will surely be acquitted by the Republicans. The team needs to take off the gloves and go for the jugular and rip into the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 111January 30, 2020 10:12 PM

Adam Schiff’s eyes give me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 112January 30, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote]I’m supposed Gardner doesn’t. He’s going to lose this fall. Who else? Is Collins pretending to be concerned yet?

Losers like Collins and Gardner are thinking of themselves. Better to stay loyal and get that ambassadorship or cabinet or agency job than do the right thing.

Well, it beats selling cars,

by Anonymousreply 113January 30, 2020 10:31 PM

how many states don't have paper ballots? I think anger towards repubs will be at an all-time high but if they can cheat by fixing electronic voting results it won't matter

by Anonymousreply 114January 30, 2020 10:31 PM

If only Americans could protest in the millions for weeks on end. That’s how South Korea’s previous president was impeached and removed. And imprisoned.

by Anonymousreply 115January 30, 2020 10:34 PM

Cover-up Collins. Cover-up Cory. I look forward to the ads.

But I wonder if any of the retiring Republicans have any integrity left to vote for witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 116January 30, 2020 10:38 PM

R115, and UKRAINE also kicked their foreign asset out of office with protests in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 117January 30, 2020 11:00 PM

Too bad Epstein was permanently silenced.

by Anonymousreply 118January 30, 2020 11:02 PM

Don't count Nancy out for having an answer to all of this. We all know the Senate was going to acquit him. Good. Let them. They've damaged our republic forever. Yes, that sucks. Nancy is way ahead of all of them. Pres Bone Spurs knows she has his number. He cannot figure her out and is terrified of her.

I wish I had contacts on the Senate side but the word on the House side is positive. Internal polls are great and cash is flowing in. Everybody is incredibly tight lipped right now about possible new evidence against him because of the trial.

by Anonymousreply 119January 30, 2020 11:08 PM

I don't doubt that Nancy is on top of it FCI, but it really is going to take a certain amount of message discipline from a lot of people, starting with every serious presidential candidate. It will have to be hammered home again and again and again that every Republican who votes to acquit is a whore and a slave and cult member who has abandoned any pretense to care about anything but pleasing Donald J. Trump. And that is going to be hard for easily distracted Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 120January 30, 2020 11:13 PM

CNN:

Sen. Warren's question takes aim at Chief Justice Roberts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 30, 2020 11:14 PM

damn, love that r121. That is how you do this. You're out of order, the whole damn system's out of order!

by Anonymousreply 122January 30, 2020 11:29 PM

R120 All true. They've never been good at messaging except President Clinton who was a master. It seems to be a Southern trait. Southerners are silver tongued devils. They do have the Never Ters with their PAC.

There are many trying to downplay our slate of candidates saying they are boring or uninspiring. That is not what I am seeing or hearing outside of the troll-i-verse. It is just that each one has inspired very different factions on our side which is going to have a bit of a drag on them all. There is no focus except on their preferred candidate which highlights the perceived negatives of the others. It is not surprising given the vast ideological spread on our side. That said- we need to do more falling in line than falling in love.

by Anonymousreply 123January 30, 2020 11:30 PM

What I don’t understand, is why don’t the Republicans vote to remove him? They’d still have Pence as President.

by Anonymousreply 124January 30, 2020 11:38 PM

TYT:

Fox News DECLARES WAR on one of their own

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 30, 2020 11:39 PM

Because they are afraid his Tweets will show them the door in the election. This is about retaining a job by surviving him. Except McConnell. He's just nuts.

by Anonymousreply 126January 30, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote] What I don’t understand, is why don’t the Republicans vote to remove him? They’d still have Pence as President.

Trump won't let them. Remember, heads on pikes.

by Anonymousreply 127January 30, 2020 11:42 PM

because it's a cult r124. The cult members will tear them apart for going against Dear Leader. There is no Republican Party at this point. There is only the Trump Cult. Everyone needs to get this, and everyone who can needs to say this as often and as clearly as possible.

by Anonymousreply 128January 30, 2020 11:43 PM

The Republicans were all set to spend 4 years trying to impeach Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 129January 30, 2020 11:43 PM

Every Senator who acquits should get the hashtag #Complicit, as a forever reminder.

#Complicit Collins. #Complicit Murkowski. Etc...

by Anonymousreply 130January 30, 2020 11:45 PM

R128 Is right, start calling them the Trump Party when making comments and spread out, comment on Politico, The Hill, Yahoo News, etc. The Republican Party doesn't exist anymore.

by Anonymousreply 131January 30, 2020 11:46 PM

I will concur with the opinion (or fact at this point) the GOP is dead. It is his party now and for decades. Why? He has mesmerized about 30% of the right. Despite his obvious weaknesses (business ability, titty baby temperament, IQ, con man of the highest order) they love him because he apparently just says things out loud they want to hear. It is like a collective sigh of hate being let out. He could single-handedly destroy the GOP if he pulls his endorsement of them. They can't lost even 5% of his base let alone over 20%. He has fucked over the party for good.

by Anonymousreply 132January 31, 2020 12:17 AM

I have a sense that the electoral college is going to destroy this country this year.

by Anonymousreply 133January 31, 2020 12:20 AM

The president’s lawyer just railed against the Bidens instead of answering the question. Couldn’t the Chief Justice stop that? He’s just sitting there.

by Anonymousreply 134January 31, 2020 12:22 AM

it's an uphill battle r133, the Republicans are spread out over this country in just the right way for them. But it has never been hopeless. Here in Wisconsin, we are always very purple, barely this or barely that. This year, I suspect it will be barely anti Trump, but it is no guarantee at all.

by Anonymousreply 135January 31, 2020 12:23 AM

I need to fucking move. We know what's likely in November.

by Anonymousreply 136January 31, 2020 12:23 AM

R135 How? WI used to be blue-blue.

by Anonymousreply 137January 31, 2020 12:25 AM

I disagree that Trump winning is "likely." A President who has never topped 50% is not some likely winner. But it does happen. It will actually take effort and trying and people who don't always get their ass to the polls actually getting their ass to the polls. But it is certainly possible. It is not hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 138January 31, 2020 12:25 AM

no, we're definitely not Blue-blue. Purple for years now. Lots of Republican governors, Democrat now but total Republican legislature. And usually close when it comes to presidential elections, though usually the Democrat pulls it out.

by Anonymousreply 139January 31, 2020 12:28 AM

and of course, one Republican Senator and one Democrat. We are so fucking frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 140January 31, 2020 12:29 AM

Claire McCaskill called Alan Dershowitz, Professor Underpants! HaHa!!!! Love her.

by Anonymousreply 141January 31, 2020 12:32 AM

yup, deep down the Republicans have always been racist, angry, stupid assholes. Trump finally came along and said that was totally cool r132. They were supposed to keep quiet about it, they were supposed to just wink and nod and say hey, we don't mind your racism or stupidity as long as you are kind of quiet about it and constantly serve the rich, but then came Trump, a rich guy who said hey, shout it from the rooftops, it's all good.

And never forget the gun nuts. A big part of all this shit, though not lately the most obvious part.

by Anonymousreply 142January 31, 2020 12:33 AM

R119 FCI, after the Senate trial, I heard the House may vote to censor DJT, particularly if new evidence comes to light.

by Anonymousreply 143January 31, 2020 12:35 AM

I've thought about that r143, but I don't know. Will it just look like sour grapes, bitches can't admit when they lost. I don't know. mixed feelings. They have to find some way to humiliate him, though. I can't imagine showing up for the State of the Union if I'm a Democratic representative.

by Anonymousreply 144January 31, 2020 12:37 AM

Moment of appreciation for Bryan Tyler Cohen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 31, 2020 12:42 AM

I think I love your randomness r145. I almost wish Adam Schiff had done that in the middle of everything.

by Anonymousreply 146January 31, 2020 12:44 AM

Trump won Wisconsin with less than one percent. Since 2016, tens of thousands of old white seniors (his base) have passed away. They know he's facing headwinds or they wouldn't be trying to purge 209k (!) registered voters.

by Anonymousreply 147January 31, 2020 12:44 AM

yup, don't disagree r147, but the big thing, the black vote in Milwaukee fell enormously between 2012 and 2016. I think they'll turn out this time, but again, no guarantee

by Anonymousreply 148January 31, 2020 12:46 AM

Ok, is this almost over? Because they are just repeating themselves now.

by Anonymousreply 149January 31, 2020 12:50 AM

Those pocket square things Seculow wears are so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 150January 31, 2020 12:55 AM

‘Constitutional Madness’: Backlash To ‘King Trump’ Claims At Senate Trial | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 31, 2020 12:59 AM

backlash now, r151, but we are not good at keeping up the hate. The right is absolutely great at that. Ask them about Benghazi. We need to keep up the drumroll, now and forever. Can we do it? I hope so. Make this guy absolutely hated.

by Anonymousreply 152January 31, 2020 1:02 AM

Who is Worse: Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell? with Robert Reich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 31, 2020 1:02 AM

Wow, I just watched that question from Warren. She's really courageous. Roberts was seething.

Has Sandworm asked anything or is he just napping through the end of the world?

by Anonymousreply 154January 31, 2020 1:06 AM

R154 are you seeing something I’m not? Where was he “seething?”

by Anonymousreply 155January 31, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote] R107: Does anyone remember this old SNL sketch where Dan Aykroyd begins a debate with Jane Curtin, “Jane, you ignorant slut”? I believe these attorneys will soon be on that level.

For those who don’t know, while those skits were funny on their face, they were actually a parody of a 5-minute segment played every week on 60-minutes. There were two columnists, right and left, who didn’t really insult each other, but regardless of what they literally said, it [italic] felt [/italic] like they were insulting each other.

by Anonymousreply 156January 31, 2020 1:16 AM

PBS, take a memo (at r156)

by Anonymousreply 157January 31, 2020 1:17 AM

R143 Very unlikely unless something really big breaks.

The only way the GOP wins in 2020 is by cheating. The internal polls are off the wall devastating for them.

by Anonymousreply 158January 31, 2020 1:18 AM

Point/Counterpoint, r156.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 31, 2020 1:19 AM

never thought it before, but please Jeebus, let the white suburban woman voters vote! They might just save this republic.

by Anonymousreply 160January 31, 2020 1:19 AM

r160 It is college educated across the board who are turning off the GOP in droves. According to my friend, Latino men are an issue for Dems in some states esp TX (FL is a given). If they would vote their interests, TX would turn blue in 2020. It still may.

by Anonymousreply 161January 31, 2020 1:23 AM

believe you, FCI, as usual, but be careful with that word "interests." people got some crazy "interests." Gun nuts especially.

by Anonymousreply 162January 31, 2020 1:24 AM

Interestingly enough, it isn't so much demographic changes in TX leading to the state trending toward purple but rather CA transplants.

by Anonymousreply 163January 31, 2020 1:24 AM

R160 White, suburban women overwhelmingly voted for Trump last time.

by Anonymousreply 164January 31, 2020 1:27 AM

not in 2018 r164. Okay, bitch, not Republican in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 165January 31, 2020 1:29 AM

okay not to do this shit to death, but I think one of the things that Republicans get and Democrats don't is wrapped around the word interests. Democrats think your rational, economic, sensible interests matter. Republicans get that that is largely bullshit. Your interests in voting at the presidential level are so much more bullshit. You are voting your hatred and your stupidity and your crazy ass conspiracy theories so much more often. Democrats need to find a way to tap into people's REAL FUCKING INTERESTS or we are not going to win this thing.

by Anonymousreply 166January 31, 2020 1:32 AM

r166 Dems do that every election but our voters need inspiration unlike the other side.

by Anonymousreply 167January 31, 2020 1:35 AM

Inspiration is actually a key part of the Republican appeal. The inspiration generally sucks, it's usually some bullshit inspiration about who you should be allowed to hate, but it is always there.

Democrats think that if we could just appeal to the better angels of our nature ... stop, stop right there it ain't working. Then they try self interest. Again, rational self interest often doesn't work. What else we got? That is the question. Health care, that is fear, that is something, that worked in 2018. We need more of that. Trump and Mitch McConnell will kill you. That is what we are going to need in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 168January 31, 2020 1:40 AM

Seth Meyers:

Trump’s Impeachment Lawyers Argue He Can Do Whatever He Wants: A Closer Look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169January 31, 2020 1:42 AM

As a Democrat, I vote “against my interests” all the time. I have voted to raise my taxes because I thought it was necessary; and I voted for an energy surcharge to go towards developing a wind-energy farm in my state. So, it’s a funny expression.

by Anonymousreply 170January 31, 2020 1:44 AM

r170 That's not voting against your interest if it is for the greater good. If raising your taxes doesn't hurt you it isn't against your interest.

by Anonymousreply 171January 31, 2020 1:46 AM

This country is lost forever.

by Anonymousreply 172January 31, 2020 1:46 AM

no it is not r172. don't do that shit. we are still here, and it is not gone yet. we are going to actually have to exert ourselves this year. but that is okay. we will do it.

by Anonymousreply 173January 31, 2020 1:49 AM

r172 Conservatism is a cancer.

by Anonymousreply 174January 31, 2020 1:49 AM

R164, white, noncollege-educated women voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 175January 31, 2020 1:50 AM

Democracy is circling the drain with this impeachment hearing. Trump is seizing power right before our eyes.

by Anonymousreply 176January 31, 2020 1:52 AM

The Fellowship stands on a knifepoint r176. And now you are forcing me to go all Lord of the Rings. But do NOT despair. Not okay. Not the time. Not the place (okay the place, but not the time). We can still stop these fuckers. Do not give up in advance.

by Anonymousreply 177January 31, 2020 1:54 AM

Everyone vote like your lives depend upon it. Cause seriously. It is the easiest thing for any authoritarian government to turn around and start with the Those Fags bullshit. They are all programmed to do exactly that. That is in the DNA of every fascist government.

by Anonymousreply 178January 31, 2020 1:56 AM

Thanks for the link, R93:

Prof. Nikolas Bowie: "My name's Bennett and I ain't in it." The foinnnnn Mr. Bowie called out Alan Dershowitz for the manic liar he has shown himself to be these past few weeks, a man seemingly fighting for his life. I wonder who sits at his/her keyboard, forefinger hovering over the "send" key.

by Anonymousreply 179January 31, 2020 2:03 AM

seriously, I do think this is one of the biggest problems in left versus right. the left despairs. we have to stop that shit. maybe cause the right has religion and they think God is always on their side, but they are not as prone to despair. The Left, we look around and realize this world is mostly shit, maybe it's time to give up on it. We need to stop that shit. We need to stop giving up in advance. Most Americans hate the cunt in the White House, and yet we act like 90 percent of the country loves him. We need to stop that shit.

by Anonymousreply 180January 31, 2020 2:04 AM

r164 is a racist, misogynist, lying propagandist.

by Anonymousreply 181January 31, 2020 2:07 AM

Rand Paul is evil

by Anonymousreply 182January 31, 2020 2:11 AM

yup, r182. Seriously, should have been arrested the second he ostentatiously walked out of the Senate chamber to out the whistleblower to a roomfull of reporters. Arrest the bitch, now!

by Anonymousreply 183January 31, 2020 2:13 AM

Rand Paul belongs in the House with the other showboating boobs like Matt Gaetz. The only reason he's in the Senate at all is because of his father.

by Anonymousreply 184January 31, 2020 2:23 AM

Sukulov has gained 50 lbs since the Muller report.

by Anonymousreply 185January 31, 2020 2:33 AM

These rethugs are playing three card monty.

by Anonymousreply 186January 31, 2020 2:34 AM

Please, report this video for violating the federal whistleblower protection act of 1989. I classified it as 'terrorism', but there may be a better classification option.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 31, 2020 2:41 AM

The Left doesn't see the forest for the trees. Some on the Left think we didn't make any ground up during Clinton or Obama but the truth is, we not only made up a shit ton of ground, we stopped an enormous amount of damage. Maybe it feels like two steps forward, one step back but we are still ahead at the end. I personally know so many on the Left who want a FDR revolution. Who doesn't? With a population so propagandized to believe they are conservative, that conservatism is benign, that conservatism is somehow safe and their default,

The Left feels we haven't had a "moment" in a long time. Maybe not but we've at the very least (I'd argue we've gained ground) stopped or slowed so much damaging shit. As someone said, right leaning voters are spread out just so (with lots of gerrymandering bullshit) it is tough for liberal/progressives to win even when so much of his "base" is actually economic liberals- they love their SS, Medicare, Medicaid and so on. They are culturally conservative and vote that way.

by Anonymousreply 188January 31, 2020 2:43 AM

agree r188, agree intellectually, but the left needs to do what the right does: always keep pushing. we are a long way from good, but we are slowly getting there.

by Anonymousreply 189January 31, 2020 2:46 AM

You know what we need, fellow Eldergays, some of that sixties energy. I know it was so silly some of it, but it was the last time we all said, you know what, we don't need to accept shit just because some old bitches say this is how it has to be. We need some of that.

by Anonymousreply 190January 31, 2020 2:49 AM

If America is a good place, there will be no Repugs in Washington a year from now.

by Anonymousreply 191January 31, 2020 2:50 AM

JOHN BOLTON SPEAKS FROM AUSTIN: DEFENDS WITNESSES IN IMPEACHMENT HEARING

per MSNBC live

by Anonymousreply 192January 31, 2020 2:53 AM

Why did Boomers go so fucking nuts? Seriously. Gen X saved this country tbh.

by Anonymousreply 193January 31, 2020 2:53 AM

BOOM: COLLINS CAVES

by Anonymousreply 194January 31, 2020 2:55 AM

It’s off to the races now, folks. Every man for himself.

by Anonymousreply 195January 31, 2020 2:56 AM

That fucking bitch Collins will find herself out of a job in November.

by Anonymousreply 196January 31, 2020 2:57 AM

r194 Because she knows it won't matter. It will be her and.......Romney?

by Anonymousreply 197January 31, 2020 2:57 AM

Anderson Cooper on CNN right now, 11 PM, just said Collins will vote for witnesses. Wow

by Anonymousreply 198January 31, 2020 3:00 AM

Collins is a YES for witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 199January 31, 2020 3:01 AM

please, Maine, get rid of this bitch. I don't care how she votes, just stop this fucking charade.

by Anonymousreply 200January 31, 2020 3:03 AM

Lamar Alexander announces NO he wont' vote for more evidence

fucking old white piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 201January 31, 2020 3:03 AM

I have a feeling that in addition to Collins, Murkowski, Romney and Alexander will all be yes for witnesses.

So as long as Sienna and Joe don’t cave, it’s looking good.

This latest Bolton news is good news.

by Anonymousreply 202January 31, 2020 3:03 AM

Shit, there goes that theory.

by Anonymousreply 203January 31, 2020 3:04 AM

So depressing. I guess Murkowski will be a no too.

by Anonymousreply 204January 31, 2020 3:06 AM

America 1776-2020. RIP

You had a great ass, but you couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 205January 31, 2020 3:06 AM

it is not up to them, it is up to us. how will we hold them accountable for their votes? that is the only question.

by Anonymousreply 206January 31, 2020 3:07 AM

I’m so ready for this attention whore Collins cunt to get voted out.

by Anonymousreply 207January 31, 2020 3:08 AM

stop, oh for fucks sake stop, it is not about them, it is and always has been about us. how do WE feel about all this? that is the question, and DO NOT let this question get away from us.

by Anonymousreply 208January 31, 2020 3:09 AM

Either way, those fucking GOPers will pay the price in Nov. USA 1776-2017, resuscitated 2021?

by Anonymousreply 209January 31, 2020 3:11 AM

At least the Dems gave them absolute hell over this.

When people decide that twitter is not civic engagement maybe this country can turn it all around.

by Anonymousreply 210January 31, 2020 3:11 AM

I don’t think Collins would vote for witnesses unless there was a group that would vote so.

You just know Trump is calling her now.

Sen Alexander of Tennessee is a “no” for witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 211January 31, 2020 3:12 AM

LMFAO

Alexander tweets that there is overwhelming evidence Trump did it and it's inappropriately but that the Constitution doesn't give Senate the power to ban him and keep him off the ballot.

WTF IT DOES GIVE THE SENATE THE POWER TO REMOVE A PRESIDENT

Alexander wow

by Anonymousreply 212January 31, 2020 3:14 AM

this is what it always was going to be: fuck these people. Hold them down and make them squirm in November. Make them acknowledge that they are in the Cult. that is the only purpose of all this mess.

by Anonymousreply 213January 31, 2020 3:14 AM

Alexander seems to say that the House Managers proved their case, but he doesn’t think Trump’s actions are impeachable.

by Anonymousreply 214January 31, 2020 3:14 AM

*inappropriate

by Anonymousreply 215January 31, 2020 3:14 AM

I’m reminded of the German Parliament that voted to cede dictatorial powers to Hitler. It was called the Enabling Act.

by Anonymousreply 216January 31, 2020 3:15 AM

Could there be enough pressure for Alexander to change his mind before voting time?

by Anonymousreply 217January 31, 2020 3:15 AM

EVEN WHEN HE IS RETIRING!!!!! CAN ONE REPUBLICAN DO THE RIGHT THING WHEN IT MATTERS??????

by Anonymousreply 218January 31, 2020 3:16 AM

What if Bolton just let’s it rip? Can he rush the book to print?

by Anonymousreply 219January 31, 2020 3:16 AM

Trump wins again. He must have sold his soul to the devil.

by Anonymousreply 220January 31, 2020 3:16 AM

I'm not sure he can do anything about the book r219 but John Bolton can announce a press conference this minute and get a thousand cameras on him while he says whatever the hell he wants to say about anything. there is that.

by Anonymousreply 221January 31, 2020 3:18 AM

isn't there some repub talk circuit they all go on after retiring from office? They make money through appearance fees? So maybe they know conservative groups won't hire them if they turn on the fuhrer

fucking greedy money whores.

by Anonymousreply 222January 31, 2020 3:18 AM

if Bolton really cared he would have testified in the House when they called him.

by Anonymousreply 223January 31, 2020 3:18 AM

Murkowski "needs to review her notes" and won't announce her decision until tomorrow

really? wtf is there to review? Either you're voting yes or no. Shouldn't be hard. This isn't the conviction/acquittal vote

by Anonymousreply 224January 31, 2020 3:20 AM

Words can not adequately describe the intensity in which I hate these traitors.

by Anonymousreply 225January 31, 2020 3:22 AM

Collins only announced her vote when she knows it won't matter.

Murkowski is keeping quiet in case she needs to be a tiebreaker so she can bargain more concessions for herself.

I hope there are massive public protests when they eventually vote against witnesses and to acquit. They should all feel afraid. Shut down all businesses. Block the streets. Make them call out the National Guard.

by Anonymousreply 226January 31, 2020 3:24 AM

You all just stop with this pearl clutching shit right now. I mean it.

We, against overwhelming odds, won back the motherfucking House in 2018. Remember how all of the pundits said it couldn't be done because of all the gerrymandering and voter suppression? Well, I do.

But we worked like hell and won FORTY FUCKING SEATS. We blasted those goddamned spineless traitors out of the water and you know why?

Because people were fucking sick and tired of this bullshit shit show and the rethug attacks on healthcare. People saw what a rethug "Utopia" looked like under these friends and said, "fuck that!"

We turned out in droves. You think people were pissed and eager to vote in 2018? They will walk through the gates of hell to vote in 2020.

So cry and rage and say you knew the rethugs would acquit in the Senate. Who is surprised? No one. Get it out of your system.

Then put that anger to work registering people to vote, donating, emailing and calling your senators. This is one battle. We regroup and plan. We have a goddamned WAR to win.

by Anonymousreply 227January 31, 2020 3:24 AM

they suck but we need to be smart about this r225. we need to destroy these fuckers. how do we do that?

by Anonymousreply 228January 31, 2020 3:25 AM

Rick Wilson:

Bolton played a clever game trying to ramp up the value of his book, but he didn’t factor in that Bill Barr is coming to destroy him at the behest of an exonerated Donald Trump with newly unlimited executive powers.

by Anonymousreply 229January 31, 2020 3:26 AM

Summon the forces of the universe to drag them all to hell!@

by Anonymousreply 230January 31, 2020 3:26 AM

r229 hah! I hope he is forced to "leak" his book because he can't get it published.

by Anonymousreply 231January 31, 2020 3:27 AM

Why does CNN INSIST on inserting at least one of the presidents henchmen it it’s panel lineups?

I REFUSE to listen to the foreign propaganda talking points that they spew.

Between CNN going to the dogs, newsrooms shrinking across America and the wholesale of outlets to hedge funds is going to do this country in.

A robust media is an absolute must for a thriving democracy.

by Anonymousreply 232January 31, 2020 3:27 AM

This is not surprising at all. Even if they allowed witnesses they would still acquit him.

The only way to get rid of Trump is at the ballot, that was always true.

by Anonymousreply 233January 31, 2020 3:27 AM

"Then put that anger to work registering people to vote, donating, emailing and calling your senators. This is one battle. We regroup and plan. We have a goddamned WAR to win."

I have already done that and will continue to do so. I.HATE.THEM!

by Anonymousreply 234January 31, 2020 3:28 AM

they want to pretend there isn't a cult, r232. Democrats should disabuse them of that notion, every time. there is a cult, and every Republican is in it. that should be the message, constantly.

by Anonymousreply 235January 31, 2020 3:28 AM

The best case is no witnesses. Seriously. I don't think this will play well. At all. Give em rope!

by Anonymousreply 236January 31, 2020 3:29 AM

r232 CNN has been trying to rebrand itself as Moderate Fox for awhile now. Their website is sensationalized like Buzzfeed and they are no longer a "serious" news source on the Internet. We can't even link them here because Muriel has them rejected for some reason (it could be their weird URLs ending in .cnn instead of .html though).

by Anonymousreply 237January 31, 2020 3:29 AM

The democrats, led by Schiff, absolutely DESTROYED the republicans. Even if it doesn’t end in impeachment, they chewed up and spit out the defense. There is no denying that.

by Anonymousreply 238January 31, 2020 3:30 AM

R229 Rick Wilson is exactly correct.

Between that and his triggering of deplorables this past weekend, I'm glad he's so vocal

by Anonymousreply 239January 31, 2020 3:30 AM

Can we get a new cable news network a la CNN in the 90s and early 2000s?

by Anonymousreply 240January 31, 2020 3:32 AM

What I don't understand is what is the threat in calling Hunter Biden as a witness? A witness to what? Biden cannot speak to Trumps charges? Are they hoping to grill Biden and accuse him of something? They do know how trials work right?

by Anonymousreply 241January 31, 2020 3:33 AM

Rick Wilson has shook the right. They went in on him today.

R238 He WAS and IS impeached.

by Anonymousreply 242January 31, 2020 3:34 AM

they ain't shook, they are always playing games, come on, people, never take the republicans serously. we need to figure out how to truly fuck with them, come on.

by Anonymousreply 243January 31, 2020 3:35 AM

Oh please. Deplorable scum always loves to taunt, harass and mock the “elite” liberals aka people who bath regularly and can read.

by Anonymousreply 244January 31, 2020 3:38 AM

What was that weird thing between Schiff and Nadler at the end? Nadler got up to give the final summation and Schiff also got up and called out “Jerry. Jerry. Jerry.” But Nadler stride right by him.

by Anonymousreply 245January 31, 2020 3:40 AM

It was just good to hear it out of the mouth of a more traditional repub like Rick Wilson. I no longer care about the feelings of repubs. Fuck all of them and their feelings

by Anonymousreply 246January 31, 2020 3:40 AM

Lord let there be a tie vote and rip the mask off if John Roberts.

Mitch would never let that happen. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 247January 31, 2020 3:40 AM

R240 and others.... kind of off topic, but with all the money Michael Bloomberg has and all the money Tom Steyer has, instead of them both running for president, why don't they do something useful with their money. Pool their resources and buy Fox News. Either put it out of business or hire an actual staff that reports facts and only facts. Bloomberg is already in the publishing business so he knows something...Keep Chris Wallace. Perhaps bring back Shep Smith. And fire everybody else. Without Fox, Trump and many others can't survive and get nearly as many of their lies out.

THAT would make a difference!

by Anonymousreply 248January 31, 2020 3:41 AM

none of the experts expect Roberts to rule if there's a 50-50 tie so that will mean no witnesses and documents

by Anonymousreply 249January 31, 2020 3:41 AM

yup also too to r248/ can rich fucks ever do anything useful? ever?

by Anonymousreply 250January 31, 2020 3:42 AM

Roberts is as worthless a piece of shit as all Republicans

by Anonymousreply 251January 31, 2020 3:43 AM

They could do so many things with that money but could start with bringing back an ACORN like organizations and general political infrastructure back to the local and state levels in all 50 states.

And unions and civic and community organization in general.

That’s what wins elections.

by Anonymousreply 252January 31, 2020 3:45 AM

What ever happened to honor?

by Anonymousreply 253January 31, 2020 3:46 AM

If they block these witnesses the backlash will be huge. Anybody whose on the fence about repugs will be swiftly pushed towards Dems. I’d bet that most swing states and districts will be blue.

by Anonymousreply 254January 31, 2020 3:48 AM

good god, r253. this is the Democrats dillemma. you think anyone cares about that shit? in this country?

by Anonymousreply 255January 31, 2020 3:49 AM

r253 Money

by Anonymousreply 256January 31, 2020 3:49 AM

Think about what's BEHIND the Republican party and Trump- it's the BILLIONAIRES of the World ( or at least the U.S) who have a vested interest in seeing what direction the policies of America's Goverment goes in the next 10, 20 or 50 years. They're not going to let Dem candidates win in November.

by Anonymousreply 257January 31, 2020 3:51 AM

r257 It is worldwide think Russian billionaires, too. The only party capable of being completely corrupted is the GOP. Everybody in the world knows this.

by Anonymousreply 258January 31, 2020 3:53 AM

Well if it makes any of you feel any better, the Psychic in the other thread said Trump would be GONE, gone by July this year, so that's something. Plus, I'm not so sure Trump is up to the challenge of handling this upcoming health crisis this Corona virus outbreak will soon present. That could very easily sway public opinion even more against him. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 259January 31, 2020 3:56 AM

This is definitely OT but I’ve even googled this and have not been given a satisfactory answer. What is so dangerous about the Coronavirus. It isn’t unique. I just am not understanding the panic, But I’d be more than willing to try and understand it if someone could explain the true danger.

by Anonymousreply 260January 31, 2020 4:01 AM

I laugh and mock anybody who supports this thing in the WH. They think they are owning the libs? Oh the hilarity. They are conned or duped by the biggest grifter in history either willfully or because they are that dense. Either way, the only embarrassment is on them. Every time I think they worship THIS PARTICULAR MAN I just bust out laughing. His judges are going to wreak havoc on their lives, as well.

by Anonymousreply 261January 31, 2020 4:01 AM

r260 Exactly. You can only catch it by sharing a fucking beer with someone. Why the panic? Stop drinking!

by Anonymousreply 262January 31, 2020 4:03 AM

Remember 100 years ago when Trump was caught on tape ordering a hit on an ambassador?

Anyway. I'm very proud of the way the Democrats ran this impeachment. I'm proud of our voters for pressing the issue. I'm proud that Trump will go down in history as impeached. I'm proud Democrats aren't a bunch of cowards bowing down to a fat orange with an anus mouth. And I will now work as hard as I can to make sure every fucking deplorable Republican on earth eats shit on election day when we not only win the White House, but re-take the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 263January 31, 2020 4:23 AM

Josh Jordan via twitter:

Support for witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial:

Quinnipiac 75 Monmouth 80 Reuters 72 CNN 69 AP/NORC 68 WaPo 71

That's an average of 73%!

Republicans are blocking witnesses while admitting Trump engaged in a quid pro quo. Will voters punish them in November for it?

This was a kamikaze mission by the rethugs.

by Anonymousreply 264January 31, 2020 4:23 AM

I will never respect anyone who votes GOP. They should be shunned.

by Anonymousreply 265January 31, 2020 4:25 AM

It’s not just Murky, Collins and Alexander that deserve scorn. Make sure to spread it out to Richard Burr, and the rest of the lot that pretends to be somewhat reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 266January 31, 2020 4:32 AM

Love that Rand “Daddy’s Boy” Paul got his ass handed to him by the Chief Justice. Lol, he was NOT having it today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 31, 2020 4:34 AM

What about Sassy or Mike Lee?

by Anonymousreply 268January 31, 2020 4:35 AM

What ever happened to stoic resolve for justice and equality?

by Anonymousreply 269January 31, 2020 4:37 AM

They already know the election is rigged...thats why theyre so confident...they dont have to worry. Isnt it odd that Putin declared himself Supreme Leader, Brexit is taking place, and the GOP has declared Trump Monarch...all in the same week...Putin has in hands in all of it and its all part of Putins master plan. Is this what he and Trump discuss in their secret chats ?

by Anonymousreply 270January 31, 2020 4:39 AM

This acquittal will be viewed as the turning point and republicans will be tossed out on their rear ends en masse.

The acquittal will be the fuel to get people voting and engaged.

by Anonymousreply 271January 31, 2020 4:39 AM

Dertz is getting ripped from one end of the internet to the other.

Why are these people throwing their credibility in the garbage.

Dertz tounge is in knots trying to walk back his latest rebound of malarkey.

Why doesn’t Harvard demote him to parking attendant.

Isn’t he 100 years old? He been around since the 40’s.

by Anonymousreply 272January 31, 2020 4:42 AM

Wait until people wake up and hear this shit.

by Anonymousreply 273January 31, 2020 4:48 AM

R272 Harvard gave fucking Lewandowski a job. They're not exactly credible anymore

by Anonymousreply 274January 31, 2020 5:15 AM

It's ok to be angry, NC.

It's okay to feel sad and demoralized. Wallow in it but don't let it take over. We cannot afford to let apathy, depression or sadness overtake us. The cost to history is too great.

Be sad, be upset and disgusted for as long as you need to be.

But don't let it overtake you or give in to despair. We cannot afford that. This is a war I fully intend to win, no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 275January 31, 2020 5:17 AM

Last night I felt deeply depressed about this. Then today I saw a bit of a Frontline show on PBS about Angola and its corruption and how a "president for life" enriched his family and his cronies while the citizens live in extreme poverty. And get this, the president's daughter leveraged nepotism and is a billionaire now. That's where the repukes want to go. Live like kings with supreme leader trump while everyone else suffers. I really believe that. They care about no one but themselves and will do and say anything to keep their cult on board while they wrest control of our government and turn us into an oligarchy.

Then I came here and read this thread and it gives me hope. The majority of Americans are not sheep following a gross repulsive lying criminal. We want to live our lives in peace with goodwill towards others. I have to agree with R275 and others who say "don't give up." We have the fight of our lives ahead of us and we can't lose. I just don't believe that Americans will put up with this shit show much longer.

Even if a miracle occurs trump is removed we'll get the odious Pence. We've got to overrun them at the ballot now, we have to make it our mission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 31, 2020 5:36 AM

There is not one good Republican in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 277January 31, 2020 6:01 AM

If we are lucky Putin will not steal the vote for Trump. I am afraid he will and we will get 4 more years of the criminal.

by Anonymousreply 278January 31, 2020 6:06 AM

In Austin, John Bolton voices support for officials called in impeachment hearing:

"All of them acted in the best interest of the country as they saw it..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 31, 2020 6:14 AM

That book will never see the light of day. So he better just spill it.

by Anonymousreply 280January 31, 2020 6:14 AM

The book has been copied and distributed.

It will see the light of day, but Bolton may never see a profit.

by Anonymousreply 281January 31, 2020 6:33 AM

[quote]...it is not up to them, it is up to us. how will we hold them accountable for their votes? that is the only question.

I'm so sick of hearing this. The only power we have is the vote and the vote is now corrupted at the individual and electoral level through cheating, gerrymandering, and fraud.

It's not the people who vote that matter, it's the people who count the votes that matter. Learn it. It will be America's epitaph.

by Anonymousreply 282January 31, 2020 6:38 AM

[quote]Alexander seems to say that the House Managers proved their case, but he doesn’t think Trump’s actions are impeachable.

Alexander seems to say that the House Managers proved their case but he's too much of a soulless piece of shit like most Rethugs to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 283January 31, 2020 6:42 AM

It will help if some of those several million people who didn't vote in 2016 actually show up to do so in 2020. I think some will (based on conversations I've had with people out in the Midwest who are Republicans but hate Trump), but I suppose others will forget all of this by November.

I think that there are a lot of people who are aghast at Trump's behavior and language (especially those raising kids and grandkids and trying to teach them to live honestly and with ethics). People outside of NYC really had no idea what he was really like....they only saw him being strong and decisive on "The Apprentice" and then saw some interviews on tv. They've now seen and heard him a lot over the past 4 years and have a better idea of what kind of person he is.

by Anonymousreply 284January 31, 2020 6:47 AM

Since Trump was elected...life has been a nightmare, a very bad dream. It seems like Bizarro World. Will this nightmare ever end?

by Anonymousreply 285January 31, 2020 7:55 AM

R281 I actually hope that happens. I want the info in his book to come out but Bolton does not deserve to make money off it since he wasn't willing to testify in the House

Bolton is about to find himself in James Comey territory with neither side wanting him

by Anonymousreply 286January 31, 2020 7:55 AM

R284 OK I understand people outside of NYC wouldn't have known every negative thing about him as I certainly didn't.

but WE ALL saw and heard the Access Hollywood tape. the fact that a majority of white women still voted for him was telling. Obama would NEVER have gotten away with that.

Democrats need to keep bringing up how corrupt Trump and the entire repub party is throughout 2020. They need to keep telling the public these people are taking from us and it's not fair. They need to talk about Trump's scam shut down charity and scam shut down university. They need to bring up how he's getting rich by visiting his tacky properties every weekend, playing golf, and how his DC hotel is making bank (as well as a right wing conspiracy theory meeting hub).. Drive home corruption and how that's hurting everyday Americans

by Anonymousreply 287January 31, 2020 7:59 AM

The bulk of the corporate media executives want another four years, or longer, of Trump infotainment. They'll make sure he wins the electoral college horserace. It's about ratings, selling big pharma and other ads, and keeping their own big tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 288January 31, 2020 8:39 AM

No!!!

Remove Trump!!!

by Anonymousreply 289January 31, 2020 8:46 AM

Lamar Alexander has covered himself in shame. And he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 290January 31, 2020 11:10 AM

POLITICO's Tim Alberta:

I’ve spent a LOT of time with retired (and retiring) congressional Rs since 2016. Most feel zero sense of liberation to bash Trump on the way out. If anything, they’re even more cowed & cautious, fearing that being out of favor w: POTUS (and his party) limits their earning power.

And it’s not just about money. I’ve had numerous retiring Rs talk warily — sometimes fearfully — about the “cult” of Trump supporters back home. They worry about harassment of their families, loss of standing in local communities, estranged relationships, etc.

If you think this is a bunch of weak-ass excusemaking from people who ought to rise above it and do what they think is right..... well, no argument here.

I’m just explaining the reality for these Rs. They feel trapped, most of them—and retirement isn’t the escape we might think.

by Anonymousreply 291January 31, 2020 11:19 AM

Cowards

by Anonymousreply 292January 31, 2020 11:47 AM

Total cowards who reaped what they sowed.

by Anonymousreply 293January 31, 2020 12:07 PM

R291, I don't doubt that opposing Trump and McConnell affects earning power, and can cause them to be ostracized, and that they will get harassed and threatened at home. I imagine there are costs, consequences for trying to stand up to the bullying and intimidation.

But. They have to know that every single time they bow to the pressure they are making Trump stronger. The fact is, if McConnell and his Senate stood up to Trump collectively, there really is safety in numbers and they could have grown their base and elicited better behavior from his base.

Why can't Republicans say, "I like Trump as well as you do, but sometimes he gets it wrong, and we have to give him the guidance he needs..." blah, blah, blah. They didn't have to fully embrace his extreme positions. The reality is they agree with him.

They may have a different style, but they are in agreement with Trump on his domestic policies. They are probably very uncomfortable with his foreign policies but it seems enough of them have been bought off by Putin to allow it.

by Anonymousreply 294January 31, 2020 12:12 PM

emptywheel;

One reason it should be unsurprising that the GOP won't prevent Trump from cheating is they have survived in recent years by cheating, largely by making it hard or impossible for Democratic voters to vote. How could they take a stand now on cheating?

by Anonymousreply 295January 31, 2020 12:19 PM

Washington Post:

Sen. Alexander calls Trump’s actions ‘inappropriate’ but rejects witnesses in impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 31, 2020 12:47 PM

All eyes are on impeachment this week. But President Donald Trump’s border wall is churning up a second constitutional crisis all by itself on the sidelines.

The wall is not the issue. Instead, it is the extreme steps taken to undercut Congress’ constitutional power over spending and the response thus far by the judicial branch, which has run for cover in a manner that strains credibility.

The record shows a fresh crop of judges nominated by Trump has stepped in for the president, either to stay injunctions or deny standing to those challenging his unprecedented use of emergency powers to get around Congress.

Watching with astonishment is Louis Fisher, a constitutional scholar and veteran senior specialist on separation of power issues for the Congressional Research Service. "I can't imagine anything more dangerous than a president who says he can take funds appropriated for other purposes and shift them to build the wall along the southern border, claiming it is necessary to satisfy a campaign pledge,” Fisher said. “I'm surprised that hasn't been brought into the impeachment process. I’m just stunned.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 31, 2020 12:48 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Acquittal Near With Senate Likely to Deny Witnesses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298January 31, 2020 12:48 PM

So Barr fixed things up for Lynn...,now he won't have to serve time. My God! When they talk about the Deep State...they are talking about crooked Republicans. Are we completely lost? It seems so. There is no one to stop them and the fools stand around Trump rallies cheering the end of our Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 299January 31, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote]Trump wins again. He must have sold his soul to the devil.

No 'must have' about it, it's a given. The great dealmaker bargained a large fee for his soul, believing Satan above all worthy of it. Hitler, Roy Cohn, Vladimir Putin and Satan are Trump's role models.

Win-win for Trump then, though nothing quite lasts forever. It didn't end well for Faust.

by Anonymousreply 300January 31, 2020 1:03 PM

I like to imagine Bloomberg is running solely to troll Trump. What else is a bored billionaire to do?

by Anonymousreply 301January 31, 2020 1:08 PM

Maybe he'll get the Coronavirus....here's hoping.

Washington Post: Trump under growing pressure on U.S. response to growing coronavirus threat

Democrats, including 2020 presidential candidates Joe Biden, the former vice president, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), have warned that the president’s policies have made the United States more vulnerable to an infectious disease crisis.

They pointed to the dismantling of a global health security team in 2018 during a reorganization of the White House’s National Security Council. And in an op-ed published in USA Today on Monday, Biden called Trump the “worst possible leader” to oversee the government’s response, citing his call for then-President Barack Obama to implement a travel ban on West African countries during the Ebola crisis even though public health experts opposed such a move.

“I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma. . . . He called President Barack Obama a ‘dope’ and ‘incompetent’ and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place,” Biden wrote.

Trump has been uncharacteristically muted on the coronavirus. On Wednesday, he tweeted out photos of his Situation Room briefing and professed that his administration is working closely with China. “We have the best experts anywhere in the world, and they are on top of it 24/7!” he wrote.

One senior administration official said Trump has been hesitant to speak out because some aides have cautioned that he could unnecessarily cause public alarm — and assured him that China is working hard to keep the virus under control. But increasingly, there is a feeling among aides that the president must say more, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private deliberations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302January 31, 2020 1:09 PM

r245 -

NBC: Mic fight? Nadler appears to rush ahead of Schiff to offer closing remarks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 31, 2020 1:12 PM

It is stunning how complacent most people are about this theft of our democracy. While we haven’t gone over the edge yet, we are perilously close to stepping off the cliff. There are nine months to November 3, 2020, a/k/a, D-Day. If this felonious traitor gets back in, and he somehow keeps the Senate in Rethuglican hands, that would pretty much be it. Game over.

[quote] “A republic, madam, if you can keep it.” B. Franklin

😢

So, let’s all work like hell to make sure the doomsday scenario doesn’t happen. Let’s kick Mango Cheatolini and his Repuke enablers in the House and Senate to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 304January 31, 2020 1:15 PM

I hope we can vote with Ivanka-patented machines, r304! Also, why exactly did she need to trademark....nursing homes?

The latest China trademarks cover things like shoes and jewelry, but also more offbeat items like voting machines and nursing homes, according to a search of records on the Chinese State Administration for Industry and Commerce’s Trademark office.

The trademarks were applied for in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305January 31, 2020 1:21 PM

I'm giving Jerry a break R303. His wife is was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I'm sure he's got other things on his mind. Very brave of him to even show up like he has.

by Anonymousreply 306January 31, 2020 1:30 PM

Here's my prediction. We're going to get Biden or Bernie as the nominee, and Trump is going to make mincemeat of of who ever it is. And yes, there will be widespread cheating... "voting irregularities" and we will witness the race "tightening up" in key states and he will get his electoral college votes and a second term.

Our task is to fight like hell to make sure we gain ground in BOTH houses. We absolutely must. And we have to be fighting like hell, in every state with now. In Georgia, there is a proposal in the state legislature right now, today, to eliminate or restrict the conditions that would allow a hand count of paper ballots. It's on the front page of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, but I'm not sure who will pay attention. We get all crazy a week before the election, but it is this kind of shit we need to be paying attention to.

And we need to fight. No matter what they outcome, we need to keep fighting. Even if they win, they have to be so damaged that they are weaker. Much weaker. We must support and bully if we must, reporters and media to go after them and expose them every fucking day. We have to find hundreds of "whistleblowers." Keep exposing them. That is the one thing they cannot control. PUSH BACK.

Right now, today, we should be thinking about 2022. Yes. Midterms. And right now, today we need to make sure we can gain seats to take over the state legislatures and governors. Run the scum out.

I'm going to paraphrase Nelson Mandela:Without firing a gun, or resorting to violence ( they want us to) we have to render America ungovernable by these extremists who have hijacked the Republican Party. Holding the office is one thing, holding on to the pwoer is another. We can do this.

by Anonymousreply 307January 31, 2020 1:36 PM

Oh I agree, r306. I just was linking that in regards to r245 asking about it.

by Anonymousreply 308January 31, 2020 1:37 PM

Oh, I hope you don't think I was attacking you. I can tell you weren't being mean. I was just using your post as a reference. :o)

by Anonymousreply 309January 31, 2020 1:40 PM

I'm still holding on to my fantasy that Chief Justice Roberts will step in and allow witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 310January 31, 2020 1:40 PM

No, no, it's fine, r309. And for r307.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 31, 2020 1:43 PM

Romney will vote for witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312January 31, 2020 2:00 PM

Screw Bolton, I want Christine Vole!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 31, 2020 2:14 PM

Me too, R310. Dreams die hard.

by Anonymousreply 314January 31, 2020 2:21 PM

Motley Fool:

Trump's 6 Words Have Social Security Beneficiaries Terrified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 31, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote] "One last question: Entitlements ever be on your plate?" To which Trump replied, "At some point they will be."

The Dems need to run ads in September and October repeating this over and over again. Especially in Florida, but everywhere really. Let the old folks understand that reduced benefits will be the result if they vote for this felon again.

by Anonymousreply 316January 31, 2020 3:09 PM

Politico:

Trump pushes forward conservative transformation of Medicaid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 31, 2020 3:18 PM

Impeachment: Senate Dem. Leader Schumer Holds a News Conference | LIVE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318January 31, 2020 3:29 PM

Sen. Lamar Alexander Makes 'Preposterous' Statement About Impeachment | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 31, 2020 4:05 PM

WaPo:

The final verdict in President Trump’s historic Senate impeachment trial could be delayed to as late as Wednesday — after the Iowa caucuses and State of the Union address — officials said Friday, as senators were preparing to hear four hours of debate on whether the trial should include witnesses.

Good, deny him taking a victory lap in his SOTU speech.

by Anonymousreply 320January 31, 2020 4:17 PM

Best news I've heard all week r320 hope it happens!

by Anonymousreply 321January 31, 2020 4:28 PM

Politico:

Trump’s impeachment trial could extend into next week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322January 31, 2020 4:29 PM

NYT:

Trump Told Bolton to Help His Ukraine Pressure Campaign, Book Says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323January 31, 2020 4:41 PM

AND PAT CIPOLLONE WAS IN THE ROOM....HE LIED TO THE CHIEF JUSTICE, THE SENATE AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. He is a direct witness...now we know why he was labelling Adam Schiff as complicit...because HE was and IS.

by Anonymousreply 324January 31, 2020 4:59 PM

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 325January 31, 2020 5:03 PM

So it’s all coming down to Murky?

by Anonymousreply 326January 31, 2020 5:03 PM

According to Chuck Toad, Little Marco Rubio said that he thinks tRump is guilty, but is going to vote to acquit him because he’s not going to remove him from office. So, a step beyond Alexander, who found the conduct “inappropriate,” whatever the hell that means in this context.

by Anonymousreply 327January 31, 2020 5:12 PM

Shooting at Mar-a-Lago. Two are in custody.

by Anonymousreply 328January 31, 2020 5:15 PM

Shots have been fired at a check point near Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, ahead of his visit this evening.

It is believed a black SUV breached two barricades near Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort known as the winter White House.

Police reportedly shot at the vehicle and went on to apprehend two female suspects after a pursuit on foot.

Local media report a heavy police presence in the area as bridges are shut off and the area put into lockdown.

Palm Beach Police are carrying out an “investigation” on the island.

by Anonymousreply 329January 31, 2020 5:16 PM

Thelma and Louise? Is that you?

by Anonymousreply 330January 31, 2020 5:18 PM

What makes this all a tad ironic is that Plump isn’t even really the president. Isn’t that correct? Am I missing something? He wasn’t legally elected. The votes were hacked so it doesn’t count.

by Anonymousreply 331January 31, 2020 5:19 PM

Murkowski will vote no on witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 332January 31, 2020 5:20 PM

^ forgot link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 31, 2020 5:20 PM

Schiff just called him out on it.

by Anonymousreply 334January 31, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote]Schiff just called him out on it.

Called out who for what?

by Anonymousreply 335January 31, 2020 5:24 PM

From FUX:

Murkowski comes out against impeachment witnesses, putting Trump on path to acquittal

by Anonymousreply 336January 31, 2020 5:30 PM

Murkowski statement:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 31, 2020 5:30 PM

So Collins and Romney will be the only two Repugs to vote for witnesses, Repugs win this one 51-49. Only question remaining is, how will they vote on acquittal, now that they’ve admitted they haven’t seen all the evidence? I’m looking forward to seeing Sue's head on a pike, it’s the only consolation for me.

by Anonymousreply 338January 31, 2020 5:30 PM

Murkowski: "As an institution, the Congress has failed."

Yeah, but not in the way you mean it, you gutless coward.

by Anonymousreply 339January 31, 2020 5:33 PM

remember this in November, folks.

by Anonymousreply 340January 31, 2020 5:36 PM

What....the....???

RoF - Farron Cousins: Trump Says Democrats Want To Kill Cows And Voters In Deranged Speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 31, 2020 5:41 PM

Cippilone on being both lawyer and a potential witness. A very big ethical problem.

Someone has probably already filed a complaint with the relevant bar association.

by Anonymousreply 342January 31, 2020 5:42 PM

Welp, I hope the Republicans allowing Trump to get away with his crimes will fire up the Democratic voters in Nov. and "We, The People", will vote him and these complacent Senators out of office. We must not let this cause us to retreat and surrender or give up hope. Use this to unite us and make us stronger.

by Anonymousreply 343January 31, 2020 5:48 PM

Shorter Murkowski statement: "He did it, but I'm afraid of him."

by Anonymousreply 344January 31, 2020 5:52 PM

I was going to post how we have to wring Parnas dry, about Russian real estate purchases in the US, money laundering and Mar-A-Lago and then I read upthread

Shots fired at Mar-A-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 345January 31, 2020 5:53 PM

A reason Jerry Nadler may have been a bit off his game yesterday:

"I am sorry to not be able to stay in Washington for the conclusion of the Senate impeachment trial but I need to be home with my wife at this time. We have many decisions to make as a family. I have every faith in my colleagues and hope the Senate will do what is right."

His wife is battling pancreatic cancer.

by Anonymousreply 346January 31, 2020 5:56 PM

Sen. Ben Sasse, who has not said much during the trial, told reporters: “Let me be clear; Lamar speaks for lots and lots of us.”

Manu Raju asked him if he believes then that Trump acted inappropriately and Sasse didn’t answer.

Such a profile in courage.

by Anonymousreply 347January 31, 2020 5:59 PM

THIS is why Nancy initially didn't want to file for impeachment. The Senate has no balls. Trump will get off scott-free and foreign meddling will probably get him a second term.

by Anonymousreply 348January 31, 2020 6:07 PM

The obituary headlines for all of these Rs have already been written —

"[Senator's Name], Voted to Acquit Trump, Dies".

The shame will follow them to their graves.

by Anonymousreply 349January 31, 2020 6:20 PM

Nancy exposed the Senate for the corrupt Republicans it harbors.

2020 will be the Republican's 2010.

by Anonymousreply 350January 31, 2020 6:21 PM

Murkowski's statement makes 0 sense. They all know he is guilty, that they blocked witnesses, that the D's did a thorough job and proved their case. She is akin to smothering a sick patient because the situation is seems hopeless. A real profile in courage.

by Anonymousreply 351January 31, 2020 6:24 PM

Hey Lisa Murkowski, that asshole in the clip at r341 is the guy you're whoring for. The guy you are humiliating yourself for. The guy you think just absolutely NEEDS to be president.

by Anonymousreply 352January 31, 2020 6:27 PM

Current Top 5 US Twitter trends:

1. #ImpeachmentTrialSham 45.1K Tweets

2. #RIPGOP 75K Tweets

3. #GOPCowards / Trending with: #WeWantWitnessesAndDocuments, #VoteYesForWitnesses

4. #hotboysforbernie 11.8K Tweets

5. #RIPAmerica 8,747 Tweets

by Anonymousreply 353January 31, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote]2020 will be the Republican's 2010

2010 what, Dorothy?

by Anonymousreply 354January 31, 2020 6:29 PM

When they vote yes or no on witnesses, do we hear the names of the senators?

by Anonymousreply 355January 31, 2020 6:35 PM

Why did Lisa frame her vote as the one and only that would be tie.

What about the other 49 votes? That was a slick move for her to pretend that she was the tiebreaker.

She wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 356January 31, 2020 6:35 PM

R354 is foreign. Does't know about 2010 midterms.

by Anonymousreply 357January 31, 2020 6:36 PM

How could they drag this process out for a couple more days? I hope they do so he is at least denied the Super Bowl! More stuff keeps coming out every day. Can’t the Chief Justice address the lying by Cippilone? Isn’t that unethical?

by Anonymousreply 358January 31, 2020 6:37 PM

Is Cipp in the building today?

by Anonymousreply 359January 31, 2020 6:38 PM

Apparently in the Senate's eyes, lying to the Grand Jury about getting a blow job in the Oval Office qualifies higher for removal

by Anonymousreply 360January 31, 2020 6:38 PM

Trump team caught writing the questions for GOP senators 😲😲😲

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361January 31, 2020 6:41 PM

I wish they could make votes anonymous. I’m positive then they would have more votes for witnesses and removal if these self-serving assholes weren’t scared of Trump and his base.

by Anonymousreply 362January 31, 2020 6:41 PM

Please don’t tell me Cipp is arguing today. I just couldn’t handle that level of gall.

by Anonymousreply 363January 31, 2020 6:42 PM

I think the nation is more or less doomed. He's going to go ahead and use other countries to help him win the election. He's going to have virtually absolute power in his second term: he'll simply ignore Congress and the courts are his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 31, 2020 6:43 PM

When other countries are this corrupt the people start rioting and burn the place to the ground. Why are Americans so docile?

You know what Gandhi succeeded? Bose. You know what King got as far as he did? Malcom X.

IRA, ETA, RAF, Red Brigades, BR, all made sure the oligarchs were looking over their shoulder every fucking day.

A strongly worded Twitter burn is a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 365January 31, 2020 6:44 PM

Lisa M: "I voted to bring this to an end, so that President Trump would not call me a cunt in a rage tweet."

by Anonymousreply 366January 31, 2020 6:44 PM

Lying about sex = high crime.

Pressuring a foreign country to announce a sham investigation in order to discredit an election rival = just politics.

by Anonymousreply 367January 31, 2020 6:44 PM

Why did Alexander and Murkowski announce how they would vote before hearing closing arguments?

by Anonymousreply 368January 31, 2020 6:48 PM

#RIPAmerica

by Anonymousreply 369January 31, 2020 6:51 PM

Yes, R365, today's activism is basically posting "[Democrat] DESTROYS [Republican] on CNN!," 100-part circle-jerk Twitter threads authored by resistance grifters, and "Rachel is on FIRE tonight!"

by Anonymousreply 370January 31, 2020 6:56 PM

Yes, that must be it, R357.

🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 31, 2020 6:57 PM

[quote]"[Democrat] DESTROYS [Republican] on CNN!"

I know, R370. I'm slightly on the spectrum so when I read those I expect to see this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 31, 2020 7:04 PM

R371, he was saying that 2020 will be the GOP's 2010 in that there was a huge reaction among the voters against those in power at the time (Dems), so that the GOP lost the Senate and many seats in the House. He's saying that the GOP, like the Dems in 2010, will lose the Senate and even more House seats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 31, 2020 7:04 PM

r291 Well ain't that a dilly? Republican politicians courted the deplorable vote for decades, armed them to the teeth and are now being held hostage by them. Poor dears.

by Anonymousreply 374January 31, 2020 7:06 PM

It’s the Republican Senators that are pushing for more time so they can all make speeches. Hope they prevail. They probably don’t want to hear Trump sound off in the SOTU either.

by Anonymousreply 375January 31, 2020 7:08 PM

Pod Save America's guys were so sure impeachment is a good thing. I don't know...

Some DLers were confident that Cheeto would be removed.

by Anonymousreply 376January 31, 2020 7:16 PM

They should have waited until April to impeach him. This was all too quick and too early. They needed to wait until a few of the court cases had been decided. It also wouldn't have fucked with the Iowa caucuses and possibly given Trump a rally point to crow about during the State of the Union. Waiting until Spring would have left them enough time to get him out before the election. The timing of the impeachment ended this before it began. We knew the Repugs are corrupt but the timing of this makes the Democrats look inept.

And, don't try to say we'll vote him out. Are these Repugs acting like a group that doesn't know they are going to win in November? Remember how McConnell didn't worry about holding the Garland nomination? They know the fix is in. Russia let us win the House in 2020 because it was inconsequential. They made sure the Repugs kept the Senate by fixing several Senate elections. Now, they'll give Trump the WH again in 2020. Repugs will keep the Senate. There will be closer numbers in the House thanks to Russian interference again. But, we can't argue that all the elections have been fixed for a decade because they'll just point to us winning the House in 2018 as proof that's not true. The gamesmanship is obvious and Putin's fingerprints are all over it. He wins. America is over.

by Anonymousreply 377January 31, 2020 7:20 PM

Pat Cipollone needs to testify under oath and be disbarred as may be verified..

He was there with Trump in the cover-up. He allegedly fed information into the server.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 31, 2020 7:35 PM

Pat Cipollone needs to testify under oath and be disbarred as may be verified..

He was there with Trump in the cover-up. He allegedly fed information into the server.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379January 31, 2020 7:36 PM

I agree with everything you said R377. I would still like to know what the reasoning was in sending the articles over to the Senate. The House knew from the get go that the Senate was going to acquit him immediately, they said so up front. So what was the point?

by Anonymousreply 380January 31, 2020 7:36 PM

Parnas lawyer conveyed Devin Nunes and Lindsey Graham we're directly involved in this scheme.

Graham needs to recuse herself in the Senate trial voting.

Both need to be expelled from their offices.

by Anonymousreply 381January 31, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote]gee, too bad i had to give that videoed witness testimony for the senate trial in the clinton impeachment. (i mean,…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382January 31, 2020 7:43 PM

Brian Tyler Cohen:

Schiff brilliantly calls out Trump team for HUGE misstep during trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383January 31, 2020 7:49 PM

Joseph Bondy: Pence, Barr, Graham, Pompeo, Perry, and Nunes were all in on Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 31, 2020 7:53 PM

And it was the TEA Party crap against the ACA that drove the anti-Obama racism/birtherism for the Democratic bloodbath in 2010.

A totally fake made-up argument that went against the interests of Americans as most Americans APPOVE of ObamaCare.

This time, the Republicans are in the barrel for having revealed themselves.

r350

by Anonymousreply 385January 31, 2020 7:58 PM

Here’s Adam Schiff going in on Cippolone after this morning’s new revalations from Bolton’s book in the NYT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 31, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote]This time, the Republicans are in the barrel for having revealed themselves.

I'll just boil down the same thing I've been saying in response to this and the other "the Repugs will pay" thinking that people keep spewing to try to make this feel better to one word because I'm sick of typing about all the cheating, gerrymandering, voter suppression, and fraud ongoing...

Russia

We can just use that from now on to counter the pie-in-the-sky, Pollyanna bullshit that has no place in this country anymore instead of wasting our breath.

by Anonymousreply 387January 31, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote]Here’s Adam Schiff going in on Cippolone after this morning’s new revalations from Bolton’s book in the NYT

Let Roberts call a mistrial.

by Anonymousreply 388January 31, 2020 8:04 PM

R388 That's a great idea!

by Anonymousreply 389January 31, 2020 8:37 PM

Lev Parnas’ attorney sends letter to McConnell saying Parnas would name Trump, Pence, Pompeo, Rick Perry, Bill Barr, Lindsey Graham, Devin Nunes, Giuliani and others as co-conspirators in the plot to shakedown Ukraine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390January 31, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote] Lev Parnas’ attorney sends letter to McConnell saying Parnas would name Trump, Pence, Pompeo, Rick Perry, Bill Barr, Lindsey Graham, Devin Nunes, Giuliani and others as co-conspirators in the plot to shakedown Ukraine.

To #MoscowMitch that revelation is all the more reason to wrap this up as soon as possible!! McTurtle is afraid of something else breaking.

by Anonymousreply 391January 31, 2020 9:08 PM

Lev Parnas Lawyer Details Testimony In Letter To Mitch McConnell, Names Names | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 31, 2020 9:20 PM

Can’t the House call Bolton and Parnas to testify?

by Anonymousreply 393January 31, 2020 9:23 PM

Call Lev and Bolton to testify before the House, and impeach the mfer again.

by Anonymousreply 394January 31, 2020 9:23 PM

You couldn't do that until there was massive public demand for it. I mean no wiggle room.

by Anonymousreply 395January 31, 2020 9:28 PM

winners in this: Schiff - raised profile; Jason Crow raised profile; 2020 Dem Senate candidates

losers: Susan Collins; the country

by Anonymousreply 396January 31, 2020 9:34 PM

RoF - Farron Cousins:

Rand Paul Is A Whiny Little Baby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 31, 2020 9:35 PM

USA Today:

Trump attorney: Democratic case against president 'defective' - live impeachment updates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398January 31, 2020 9:50 PM

The Hill: New Senate Intel report on Russia's election interference expected next week

The third installment of the panel's five-part investigation into Russia's election interference efforts is set to focus on how the Obama administration responded to hacking and disinformation operations directed by the Kremlin.

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) told reporters Friday that the third volume "should be back from final review today," and that he hoped the declassified version would be released publicly "first of the week."

Burr said the delay was a result of the intelligence community needing to review and declassify the findings, and to include majority and minority views in the report.

Sen. Mark Warner (Va.), the top Democrat on the committee, told reporters Friday he was "anxious" to release the report to the public. He blamed the intelligence community's declassification process for slowing the release of both the third and fourth volumes of the investigation.

"Both of them, they have been done for months now. I do worry that a declassification process that has always been legitimate, I start to have increasing questions about whether it's being politicized," Warner said.

A congressional source told The Hill that while the committee is hoping to release the third report early next week, the release could be delayed if President Trump's impeachment trial continues beyond Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 31, 2020 9:59 PM

Name your winners and losers, please.

by Anonymousreply 400January 31, 2020 10:00 PM

And there it is.

As if we expected any different.

by Anonymousreply 401January 31, 2020 10:03 PM

ABC: In Kyiv, Pompeo does not dispute allegations in Bolton's book

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo declined to directly dispute allegations reportedly contained in an unpublished manuscript of former national security adviser John Bolton’s forthcoming book, saying he would not comment on press reports "off in the lands of the hypothetical."

"So you're now commenting on reports on an alleged book about notes that someone claims to have seen," Pompeo said Friday during an interview with ABC News’ Kyra Phillips in Kyiv. "I don't engage in that. I've said everything I have to say about what took place."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 31, 2020 10:04 PM

The Senate on Friday rejected a measure to call witnesses in President Trump’s impeachment trial after Republicans argued new testimony is unnecessary, ensuring the trial with be the first in U.S. history without witnesses.

While the timng was still fluid, it was increasingly likely the Senate would vote on the two charges against Trump for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress next week.

Democrats had been pushing to call former national security adviser John Bolton and other officials who declined to participate in the House proceedings that led to Trump’s impeachment. But most GOP senators, led by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), rallied to the president’s defense and said he should not be removed from office.

The crux of the case for his impeachment is the allegation that he withheld military aid and a White House meeting to pressure Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and his son. Hunter Biden served on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, while his father was vice president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403January 31, 2020 10:06 PM

But are they going to deprive him of his victory lap for a few days?

by Anonymousreply 404January 31, 2020 10:06 PM

They're in session tomorrow, I think, but I expect they will wait until Monday so that Trump will be happy his acquittal isn't occurring during the dead of night on Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 405January 31, 2020 10:07 PM

So what did Murkowski get out of it?

by Anonymousreply 406January 31, 2020 10:09 PM

Yay! They won’t vote until Wed! No SOTU victory lap!

by Anonymousreply 407January 31, 2020 10:25 PM

Hope Bolton keeps talking and embarrasses the Republicans even more.

by Anonymousreply 408January 31, 2020 10:57 PM

r406 - Nylons and a pack of Luckies.

by Anonymousreply 409January 31, 2020 10:57 PM

Why did they delay until after State of the Union? Did Trump piss them off somehow?

by Anonymousreply 410January 31, 2020 11:01 PM

[quote]Miss Lindsey's been naughty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411January 31, 2020 11:07 PM

Bad link r411

by Anonymousreply 412January 31, 2020 11:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 31, 2020 11:10 PM

RoF - Farron Cousins:

Republican Pastor Says Jesus Wants To “Beat The Crap” Out Of John Bolton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 31, 2020 11:25 PM

Pence "respectfully disagrees"

Watch ER doctor confront Mike Pence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415January 31, 2020 11:31 PM

Dershowitz was a hug loser in this. People think he's a toady, a fool, insane or some combination of all three.

by Anonymousreply 416January 31, 2020 11:53 PM

Huge loser but I bet he's getting less hugs these days.

by Anonymousreply 417January 31, 2020 11:54 PM

[quote]But are they going to deprive him of his victory lap for a few days?

Now that's something I'd like to see. Doubt the fat bastard could complete one lap around a big mac.

by Anonymousreply 418February 1, 2020 12:02 AM

R410 I think that's what happened. It was said that Trump wanted the whole thing ended tonight.

by Anonymousreply 419February 1, 2020 12:21 AM

The most hated man in America - Trump - is also the most protected.

I'm stoned and I just had that thought, and it's way harsh on my high, Tai.

by Anonymousreply 420February 1, 2020 12:29 AM

Simon & Schuster should just release Bolton's book online for free this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 421February 1, 2020 12:50 AM

Bolton is a deranged cunt just like the other denizens of Trumpland.

by Anonymousreply 422February 1, 2020 12:59 AM

Someone should start a clock... [Number] Days since [Senate Republican] voted to cover-up Trump's crimes. The count should be tweeted every day.

by Anonymousreply 423February 1, 2020 1:03 AM

Louisville Courier-Journal:

How Rand Paul went from calling Donald Trump an 'orange windbag' to being a devout disciple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424February 1, 2020 1:21 AM

Be a hero, r423

by Anonymousreply 425February 1, 2020 1:25 AM

I don't know how to do it, R425.

by Anonymousreply 426February 1, 2020 1:35 AM

I'm not going to watch the State of the Union because I don't care to see Trump bloviate again but I'll interested in the highlights. He can't be happy that he'll be giving the speech before the impeachment sham trial is wrapped up. He can't say he's fully exonerated

fuck all the repubs. They are despicable. I hope Democrats make 2020 all about how corrupt these repubs are and how they're hurting the American people. Time for Democrats to invoke grievance.

by Anonymousreply 427February 1, 2020 3:51 AM

Thanks R415. Yet another example of how Pence is a dangerous empty suit. Soulless fundie.

by Anonymousreply 428February 1, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote]He can't be happy that he'll be giving the speech before the impeachment sham trial is wrapped up. He can't say he's fully exonerated

Such niceties matter not one bit to him, never have, he won't miss the chance to grandstand triumphally.

As against that, for all the cheap air-freshener he sprays to fake applause, the entire room and beyond will smell of his shit.

by Anonymousreply 429February 1, 2020 11:35 AM

This bastard is a thug and a criminal. His whole administration is a joke and a sham. He killed people to cover his crimes. Canada will never forgive him or us for letting this happen. I spent 24 hours afraid of WWIII breaking out and all because some asshole is in the white house with his criminal family grifting off us and hurting our land, our people, and our reputation.

If he were your grandfather, he'd be in a nursing home already for Alzheimer's and dementia.

Remind all deplorables: Mueller is a Republican and 22 people went to jail for the campaign corruption from the activities of 2016. Comey is a Republican, Rosenstein is a Republican, Bolton is a Republican. Even the whistleblower is more than likely a republican. This whole thing is their doing.

Our Madam Speaker and the entire Democratic delegation of the US Congress knew what they'd face when this shit hit the fan. They did their duty. Now we must do ours in both the primaries this spring and in November.

by Anonymousreply 430February 1, 2020 11:40 AM

[quote] I spent 24 hours afraid of WWIII breaking out

Just WAIT until Biden causes 4, 5 and 6!

by Anonymousreply 431February 1, 2020 11:42 AM

Oh yes, r431, that tactic worked well when Hills was running, eh? I SEE YOU.

by Anonymousreply 432February 1, 2020 11:57 AM

New FEC filing: Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign paid $194,247.57 to Trump family members, properties & businesses in the final quarter of last year alone—steering over $1.8 MILLION in donations from presidential campaign donors to Donald Trump's private interests.

But Hunter Biden is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 433February 1, 2020 12:31 PM

[quote]So what did Murkowski get out of it?

Cash for her reelection campaign and the peace of mind she won't be doxxed, threatened and stalked by Trump's evil army.

by Anonymousreply 434February 1, 2020 12:37 PM

Politico:

Romney not welcome at CPAC after impeachment witness vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435February 1, 2020 1:07 PM

CBS:

Marie Yovanovitch retires after playing key role in impeachment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436February 1, 2020 1:10 PM

Bloomberg:

Democrats Vow Trump Probes to Go On After Impeachment Trial Ends

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437February 1, 2020 1:11 PM

AP:

Charities steered $65M to Trump lawyer Sekulow and family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438February 1, 2020 1:12 PM

Politico:

Why four key Republicans split — and the witness vote tanked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439February 1, 2020 1:17 PM

From R439:

[quote] “I’ve always believed there would not be votes for witness,” said Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) on Friday afternoon. “It never made sense to me. Why would we go do the House’s job? It’s their job, not our job.”

Such a fucking lie from Skelator. In no court in the United States — federal, state, or local — are prosecutors limited to calling only witnesses who had been called in the grand jury. None. Every single day in this country trial judges use their inherent power to compel witnesses to appear and give relevant testimony. The Senate has done it in every single impeachment trial over the past 200 years. So, it was YOUR job to get witnesses to appear, and you failed.

But they are going to try and push this lie at every chance they get. And we should cram it right back down their throats and make them choke on it.

by Anonymousreply 440February 1, 2020 1:36 PM

I just hope that by November, how the Republicans supported a criminal instead of America is not forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 441February 1, 2020 1:37 PM

Collins voted against an amendment to subpoena Bolton after voting for witnesses.

So her vote for witnesses was just done when she knew it wouldn't matter. The whole "will she/won't she" nonsense was just an act planned out by McConnell.

I'm glad Schumer is pushing through these amendments - we need more media attention on them.

by Anonymousreply 442February 1, 2020 1:41 PM

[quote]“I’ve always believed there would not be votes for witness,” said Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) on Friday afternoon. “It never made sense to me. Why would we go do the House’s job? It’s their job, not our job.”

"I'm not going to pursue the truth for the American people because someone else didn't cross a t."

by Anonymousreply 443February 1, 2020 1:59 PM

CNN:

Chief Justice John Roberts reveals what he would've done with tie vote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444February 1, 2020 2:06 PM

Will Collins vote for aquittal? That's the one that counts. If she whines about having no witnesses so she had to aquit then she's toast.

by Anonymousreply 445February 1, 2020 4:13 PM

Bill Kristol:

Not presumably forever; not perhaps for a day after Nov. 3, 2020; not on every issue or in every way until then. But for the time being one has to say: We are all Democrats now.

by Anonymousreply 446February 1, 2020 6:56 PM

If not now, when, Bill? How bad does it have to get?

by Anonymousreply 447February 1, 2020 7:02 PM

NBC:

Pelosi: 'Sad' to see McConnell 'humiliate' Roberts at impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448February 1, 2020 7:18 PM

Washington Post:

Justice Department acknowledges 24 emails reveal Trump’s thinking on Ukraine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449February 1, 2020 7:22 PM

CNN:

Jared Kushner says Trump critics like John Bolton 'didn't have what it took'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450February 1, 2020 7:24 PM

DJT and cohorts see nothing in their way to continue cheating for the 2020 election. Trump doesn't learn lessons and has never paid serious consequences for breaking the law.

by Anonymousreply 451February 1, 2020 7:25 PM

Bolton should have gone on Rachel Maddow last week and spilled the beans. It is too little, too late. Whatever he says now, Republicans will not address it.

by Anonymousreply 452February 1, 2020 7:33 PM

honestly, don't think it's too late for anything r452. Bolton can keep spilling, and the Democrats can keep pointing out that Trump's NSC Director is still spilling until November.

by Anonymousreply 453February 1, 2020 7:34 PM

Question: Who poses w/their wife, however, puts their arm around their daughter with a hand on her butt, and has a mistress in the same photo?

Evangelicals: “God’s Anointed”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454February 1, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]Bolton should have gone on Rachel Maddow last week and spilled the beans. It is too little, too late. Whatever he says now, Republicans will not address it.

He's not going to blow his wad on cable and definitely not on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455February 1, 2020 7:43 PM

Besides if he went on Maddow he wouldn't have a chance to spill anything... she talks too fucking much.

by Anonymousreply 456February 1, 2020 7:44 PM

Find a single photo where he's showing even a scintilla of affection to Jr. or Eric....

by Anonymousreply 457February 1, 2020 7:45 PM

This isn’t over yet. I know it looks that way but a lot can happen between now and Wednesday.

Don’t give up.

by Anonymousreply 458February 1, 2020 7:51 PM

WSJ:

How Republicans Scotched the Idea of Impeachment Witnesses

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459February 1, 2020 7:53 PM

David Pakman:

Trump's Impeachment Lawyers Donated to Republican Senators

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460February 1, 2020 7:58 PM

CNN:

Hear SE Cupp's harsh words for Republicans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461February 1, 2020 8:07 PM

The way the Senate is acting is scary and discouraging. Depressing. But I've been thinking about my brother-in-law. He's cool. And sometimes when my sister and him have a social gathering they invite me and my boyfriend of the moment. It's mostly cops and school teachers (my sister's a school teacher.

Anyway, he said, that every day he goes out here to catch bad guys. They get arrested, they go to trial, and sometimes they are found not guilty, or if they are guilty the sentence is bullshit. They end up walking. But he goes out there every day, and he does his job. And the rest of his buddies, other cops, do their job.

They keep catching bad guys. Because he believes his job is important. He said it would be easy to walk away. Or to ignore bad guys. But he figures if he makes their lives miserable then he's won a small victory. So he said we have to keep pushing back, keep exposing these vermin, shine a spotlight on them and keep making their lives miserable. Keep embarrassing them.

They ought to never feel like they won. That's important. Never let up. Never stop. Don't let them feel like they won. Keep exposing them, keep prosecuting, keep investigating. Give them no quarter. Push the journalists and reporters hard to shine a light on them. Support leakers and Whistleblowers. When the bad guys get exposed, they cave in. Trump had to release the money when he was exposed. That's what we have to do.

And we have to deal with ballot security, and raise hell with our state legislatures about the voting process. Right now we have to do that. And we have to support the groups who are doing heavy lifting like Eric Holder's group, and Indivisible, and the ACLU, and MoveOn.org. Plug in to your local Democratic Party organization and help candidates who are struggling. If your district is safe, help others.

And we have to have overwhelming turnout. Close elections are easy to steal. So GOTV is critical. Maybe Trump will pull electoral college votes out of his ass, but we can still flip the Senate and increase our margins in the House. That's it. That's the job. And we can run his ass out of the White House. I always felt like we might have to do it in the Spring of 221. I even said that months ago and some of you yelled at me, but it was my "worse case scenario." Best case scenario, is Trump "goes away."

by Anonymousreply 462February 1, 2020 8:08 PM

Politico:

Poll: Support for Trump's removal remains steady

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463February 1, 2020 8:12 PM

NYT:

Bloomberg Proposes $5 Trillion in Taxes on the Rich and Corporations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464February 1, 2020 8:34 PM

Bloomberg is the new Bernie Warren?

by Anonymousreply 465February 1, 2020 8:36 PM

NYT:

While Stained in History, Trump Will Emerge From Trial Triumphant and Unshackled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466February 1, 2020 8:44 PM

The House needs to start impeahment proceedings against Bill Barr. He won't cooperate, but use that against them.

Why are there not ethics and legal inquiries into the actions of Devin Nunes and Lindsey Graham? Both, apparently, were deeply involved in the Ukrainian scheme early-on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 1, 2020 9:03 PM

David Pakman:

Trump Downplays Soldier Brain Injuries He Caused as "Headaches"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 1, 2020 9:05 PM

R466 That's what bothers me about some of the NYT writers. They focus on rationalizing Trump rather than expressing disdain for his behavior, and and that of the spineless Republicans in the legislative branch that enable it.

by Anonymousreply 469February 1, 2020 9:19 PM

Is that lip fur meant to make his mouth look like a hairy pussy? If so, it works.

by Anonymousreply 470February 1, 2020 9:20 PM

Trump unshackled... it is so worrying. I don't trust Democrats to choose a saleable candidate and I don't trust Americans to elect the right president. It's happening right out from under us. Stunning.

by Anonymousreply 471February 1, 2020 9:23 PM

I'm liking Bloomberg more and more..don't care if he is a billionaire. He can get R, D and I votes!

by Anonymousreply 472February 1, 2020 9:24 PM

Can't Bloomberg offer everyone $5 for every vote he gets?

It would totally be legal if he's running for President and thinks it's in America's best interest, no?

by Anonymousreply 473February 1, 2020 9:51 PM

Damage Report:

The Garbage Person Of The Week Is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474February 1, 2020 9:53 PM

Bloomberg has solid government executive experience. He would have very competent, efficient, WH personnel, and cabinet officials would not be crooks and nitwits.

by Anonymousreply 475February 1, 2020 10:10 PM

I loved Bloomberg as my mayor. He threw a huge Pride party at Gracie Mansion every year and they were always fun. He’d make a speech and pose for photos in a receiving line. Very gracious, kind and down to earth.

Most people don’t known that whenever (or his office) he was tasked with cutting what he considered worthy programs due to the budget, he would fund them himself from his own money.

I hope he wins.

by Anonymousreply 476February 1, 2020 10:23 PM

This isn't about Impeachment but this is the type of environment that enabled Trump:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 1, 2020 10:26 PM

David Pakman:

Bloomberg Campaign Came to My House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478February 1, 2020 10:43 PM

r457, or that girl Taffy of his.

No affection.

by Anonymousreply 479February 1, 2020 11:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480February 2, 2020 12:03 AM

AP FACT CHECK: Trump on Democrats, impeachment and cows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481February 2, 2020 12:09 AM

L.A. Times:

Republicans who once scorned Trump rally to save his presidency

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 2, 2020 12:15 AM

The senate is facing more and more pressure everyday. Maybe Mitt was smart to get out in front.

Is there even a slight possibility that any rethugs change their expected votes? Even a 1 percent chance?

by Anonymousreply 483February 2, 2020 12:19 AM

I wouldn't count on it r483.

These are REPUGS we're talking about here.

by Anonymousreply 484February 2, 2020 12:27 AM

I hope Nancy has a plan, maybe reopening the investigations? I read a Zogby report that was very disappointing, basically 50 percent give him a pass. What has happened to this country?

by Anonymousreply 485February 2, 2020 12:55 AM

David Pakman:

How Bad Could Trump's Tax Returns Really Be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486February 2, 2020 1:00 AM

I got my first robo call for Bloomberg. I'm Team Pete, but if not him, I'd be happy with Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 487February 2, 2020 1:29 AM

Bloomberg has been blanketing the airwaves in DC with commercials for weeks and weeks. They are extremely well done and he has several different ones. He puts them on in a rotation — thus avoiding the problem of anyone getting too sick of hearing the same thing over and over again.

After I saw his initial ads, I was impressed. He’s not necessarily my first choice, but I think he could do well against Mango Cheatolini.

by Anonymousreply 488February 2, 2020 2:23 AM

I have a fabulous dream. In my dream, the vote on whether to remove Dump has started on the senate floor. Everyone expects it to go a certain way. But...as each Senator is polled, the vote to remove Dump Takes a surprising turn as each senator, when polled, votes to remove him. Even Republicans. The vote is 100-0 for removing him, and this has been the secret plan all along.

Yeah, I’m delusional, but sometimes you need a little madness to deal with all this shit.

by Anonymousreply 489February 2, 2020 4:39 AM

Whoever keeps trying to complain that Nancy went too early needs to chill and realize that she had to do this before primary season.

Not for the Dems, by the rethugs who would have had more leverage to spare a few votes to save a few rethugs in swing states.

Nancy just set them all up like bowling pins to be taken down in 2020. She put them between a rock and a hard place and is probably celebrating this weekend. It wouldn’t have been the same after the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 490February 2, 2020 5:19 AM

Nancy’s waiting allowed Schiff and his team to put together the compelling and overwhelming case that they were able to present. She bought them additional time. But, she could not have held onto the articles indefinitely without starting to lose support and making the exercise seem completely political, instead of being about saving the Constitution.

The Repukes were never going to remove Dump. However the dirty and underhanded manner in which they saved this braying jackass will be use as a cudgel to beat them in November. The country knows he’s guilty as sin, and over 50 percent want him removed from office. A very good portion of those people are very, very pissed that the Senate failed to do the job — so they’re going to get it done in November.

by Anonymousreply 491February 2, 2020 6:25 AM

Also, Nancy's waiting allowed the obstruction of congressional subpoenas to move through the courts simultaneously.

Nancy is a smart woman.

Don McGahn, we are looking at you.

by Anonymousreply 492February 2, 2020 6:28 AM

R492, she needed to wait a few weeks longer. Imagine how much better it would have been had McGahn, Mulvaney, and Bolton been ordered by the courts to comply with the subpoenas and then still didn't do it. The definition of obstruction of justice of two branches of government by the executive there for all to see. Then, you go forward.

This Wednesday, the day they are voting, should instead have been the day she sent them over. The caucuses would be done. The court decisions would be closer. Bolton would be spewing for weeks leading up to the trial. Trump would be stroking out. The number of people wanting him removed would have reached even more of a critical mass. The call for witnesses would have been more difficult to ignore. Polling would have had a chance to catch up to reality and maybe start to reverberate with even the most dense Repugs. And, the State of the Union would have been an even more unhinged shitshow than it will be now, which would have forced even more polling numbers about the lunatic to plummet.

When they announced that they wanted it done by Christmas, I thought it was a McConnell lie because it would benefit him so much and seemed like such a crap idea from the Democratic perspective. I still think it was a crap idea. I think a lot of people are trying to make themselves feel better with some pretty untenable beliefs as to what is happening.

by Anonymousreply 493February 2, 2020 6:54 AM

Trump and his Republican goon squad, have destroyed much of what is beautiful about America and it only took them a few years. It makes me very sad. There seems to be no cure for meanness and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 494February 2, 2020 7:54 AM

r493, there is no double jeopardy in Impeachment.

Nancy will tie up Congress for corruption investigations till January 20th, 2021. If he is reelected, Nancy will have evidence for his impeachment in his second term as well.

THAT is why we have to flip the Senate!

Oh, and she is not through with Kavanaugh...

by Anonymousreply 495February 2, 2020 8:45 AM

MSNBC The Rachel Maddow Show 2/1/20 [NEW] | MSNBC News February 1, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496February 2, 2020 11:54 AM

At this point I've decided not to invest too much importance in the results of Iowa. I'm thinking that by the end of March it'll be over one way or another. Anyone who thinks the Russian meddling hasn't started yet is delusional. It has. And it's very obvious.

by Anonymousreply 497February 2, 2020 12:16 PM

I'm a Biden guy but I'm all in on Bloomberg..I think he can win the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 498February 2, 2020 1:38 PM

FULL The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell 2/01/20 | MSNBC News Today February 1, 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499February 2, 2020 1:49 PM

[quote]This Wednesday, the day they are voting, should instead have been the day she sent them over. The caucuses would be done.

And then the impeachment drama would suck all the air out of the Democratic primaries, which is the last thing the party wanted.

by Anonymousreply 500February 2, 2020 2:12 PM

I believe in Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 501February 2, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]I'm a Biden guy but I'm all in on Bloomberg..I think he can win the whole thing.

I suppose there is a scenario in which Bloomberg could emerge as a major player. The main question for me is if the "true believer" types in the Dem camp will support a man who was a Democrat for most of his life and then became a Republican and then became an Independent and then became a Democrat again – and who enthusiastically supported George Bush and the Iraq war.

It worked for Trump on the Republican side but I don't know that Bloomberg has the cult leader-like abilities of Trump. Still, money goes a long way in convincing people to vote for you -- and Bloomberg has more than anybody else.

by Anonymousreply 502February 2, 2020 2:23 PM

Jared Kushner just said to Fareed Zakaria, “We’re getting stronger every day.”

by Anonymousreply 503February 2, 2020 2:27 PM

The Intercept's Mehdi Hasan:

Fareed Zakaria allowed Jared Kushner to speak for almost 2 minutes straight, uninterrupted, & make multiple false claims (e.g. he claims Trump has "done all the things he promised" to do). There's no pushback, no real-time factcheck, from Zakaria, who just nods.

by Anonymousreply 504February 2, 2020 2:33 PM

He pushed back some, but generally was deferential. It wasn’t Crossfire. It was an interview.

by Anonymousreply 505February 2, 2020 2:35 PM

Fareed’s style is to ask perceptive questions and let the person answer. When he follow up, he isn’t aggressive. That’s how he gets some of his prominent guests.

by Anonymousreply 506February 2, 2020 2:38 PM

[quote]he isn’t aggressive. That’s how he gets some of his prominent guests.

Yes, that's how TV news works these days. "I can't confront lying politicians because if I do they won't come back to my show."

by Anonymousreply 507February 2, 2020 2:43 PM

So MSNBC's Karine Jean-Pierre & Joy and their chosen guest pundits still won't warm to Pete? Jean-Pierre is a common name in Haiti, not Columbia, SC. Move on. Give black and other voters choices, not your biased narratives.

by Anonymousreply 508February 2, 2020 2:55 PM

Bloomberg could emerge as a dark horse in the Democratic field. Trump has created so much chaos and dysfunction that Bloomberg’s no-nonsense style and reputation as a real businessman (instead of a reality tv conman) could be enough to win it.

by Anonymousreply 509February 2, 2020 3:04 PM

I just watched this from last April....

Robert Reich: 12 Myths About Taxing the Rich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510February 2, 2020 3:25 PM

Face the Nation:

Schiff says Democrats "proved our case" against Trump in Senate trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511February 2, 2020 4:26 PM

The Week: In a clip from Fox News’ Sean Hannity’s Super Bowl interview with the president set to air Sunday, Trump is asked about Mike Bloomberg. He said the only word he can think about when he ponders the man he’s dubbed “Mini Mike” is “little.”

The president then went all in on a conspiracy theory he’s developed — and tweeted about — about Bloomberg negotiating with the DNC about standing on a platform so he appears taller during televised debates. Trump thinks that would be very unfair.

Bloomberg spokesperson Julie Wood responded in a tweet:

"The president is lying. He is a pathological liar who lies about everything: his fake hair, his obesity, and his spray-on tan."

by Anonymousreply 512February 2, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote] Bloomberg spokesperson Julie Wood responded in a tweet: "The president is lying. He is a pathological liar who lies about everything: his fake hair, his obesity, and his spray-on tan."

WOW!!! Go Julie Wood!! Call out that fat fucking liar at every step. That’s what we need! Fight fire with fire.

by Anonymousreply 513February 2, 2020 4:46 PM

Yes and please add that he is a criminal! Bloomberg is NOT fucking around.

by Anonymousreply 514February 2, 2020 4:53 PM

'Mini Mike' however has a fortune which isn't 'little.' The cretin picked a fight with someone who can highlight Trump's fake fortune, and terror of tax transparency.

by Anonymousreply 515February 2, 2020 4:57 PM

Julie Wood is my hero!

by Anonymousreply 516February 2, 2020 5:35 PM

Bloomberg has got my curiosity, if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 517February 2, 2020 6:06 PM

Lindzey couldn't hold back the tears.

Seeing Trump for golf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518February 2, 2020 6:10 PM

I'm cracking up at that tweet by Julie Wood!

We need more of this relentless truth telling from ALL of the Democratic candidates and party big wigs. Every day until he runs or we kick him out

Beat that fat, orange fool unceasingly about his myriad of epic failures from his precious wall to his "peace plans" with Lil Kim and the ME to his promised infrastructure plans.

Question his wealth, his taste and his sanity.

Throw in for good measure how the House has attempted to address these issues but Moscow Mitch refuses to do HIS job as well. Not only is turtle refusing to do his job, he's aiding and abetting a conman.

by Anonymousreply 519February 2, 2020 6:16 PM

I'm cracking up at that tweet by Julie Wood!

We need more of this relentless truth telling from ALL of the Democratic candidates and party big wigs. Every day until he runs or we kick him out

Beat that fat, orange fool unceasingly about his myriad of epic failures from his precious wall to his "peace plans" with Lil Kim and the ME to his promised infrastructure plans.

Question his wealth, his taste and his sanity.

Throw in for good measure how the House has attempted to address these issues but Moscow Mitch refuses to do HIS job as well. Not only is turtle refusing to do his job, he's aiding and abetting a conman.

by Anonymousreply 520February 2, 2020 6:16 PM

I'm deeply suspicious of "third way" billionaires and what they would do to entitlement programs. Billionaires have such a warped view of reality because they just don't know what it is to not have an extra million sitting around in a crunch. I'd still vote for him over Trump, and I hope all his ad buys get under Trump's skin and undermine him, but I hope he's not the nominee.

And I love that tweet from his spokeswoman. That's a good sign and other campaigns should embrace it. Always call Trump a stupid lying fuck whenever the opportunity presents itself.

by Anonymousreply 521February 2, 2020 6:22 PM

Fuck Bloomberg, I'm all for Julie Wood for president!

by Anonymousreply 522February 2, 2020 6:22 PM

Anyone but Sanders, except maybe Gabbard - but those are the bottom two.

by Anonymousreply 523February 2, 2020 6:38 PM

Did we ever find out why the Senate is holding the vote until after the SOTU?

by Anonymousreply 524February 2, 2020 6:42 PM

R524, yes. The Democrats demonstrated that they could make enough procedural motions to delay the vote until Wednesday, so Mitch decided not to fight them. Some Republican explained this on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 525February 2, 2020 7:18 PM

Politico:

Bloomberg camp mocks Trump’s ‘fake hair, his obesity, and his spray-on tan’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526February 2, 2020 7:22 PM

Bllomberg has it right: when Trump and his cunts go low, ya gotta go lower.

by Anonymousreply 527February 2, 2020 7:25 PM

Yahoo:

The growing threat of political 'deepfakes'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528February 2, 2020 7:40 PM

Deepfakes are likely a conservative/Russian creation seeing as they need to lie and cheat in order to actually win.

by Anonymousreply 529February 2, 2020 7:46 PM

Impeachment Trial: The Big Picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530February 2, 2020 8:00 PM

Bloomberg 2020: No fatties

by Anonymousreply 531February 2, 2020 8:38 PM

Anybody catch the Sunday shows today? Anything juicy?

by Anonymousreply 532February 2, 2020 9:08 PM

Joni Ernst tells Bloomberg News that there would “immediately” be a Republican push to impeach Biden over Ukraine if he’s elected

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533February 2, 2020 9:26 PM

r533 Biden did nothing wrong, Bitch. How much did Putin pay you to say that, whore?

by Anonymousreply 534February 2, 2020 9:47 PM

Taxpayers on the hook for Trump's $3.4 million Super Bowl party at Mar-a-Lago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 2, 2020 9:58 PM

Joni's a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536February 2, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote] Joni Ernst tells Bloomberg News that there would “immediately” be a Republican push to impeach Biden over Ukraine if he’s elected

Hey, Joni, take a fucking seat bitch. First, it is highly unlikely that the Repukes will take back the House. So there goes your little plan. Second, even if they somehow did manage this feat, there still won’t be 67 votes in the Senate to remove him. Third, this looks exceptionally petty, childish, and vindictive. Finally, she could lose her seat, making it rather difficult to direct impeachment moves from her barn in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 537February 2, 2020 10:01 PM

The Republicans' new line is that Trump is just too clueless to know he couldn't approach "corruption" in Ukraine the way he did, and instead he'll go through the proper channels now, like the State Department and Bill Barr.

by Anonymousreply 538February 2, 2020 10:36 PM

My guess is,cr524, that fat Donnie can't be trusted to stick to the script.

The thugs are worried he'd feel he was exonerated and start spilling every scheme he's apart of because he's that fucking stupid.

It's the only way the rethugs can keep his mouth somewhat shut while they try to do damage control.

by Anonymousreply 539February 2, 2020 10:37 PM

Senators should have insisted on a fair trial with documents and witnesses.

They chose not to.

Some argue, let the election decide —

But that argument is unpersuasive when the President is trying to cheat in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540February 2, 2020 11:25 PM

It's like a case where they are trying the criminal for bribing the judge and then say they'll just let the trial decide whether bribing the judge of the trial was a crime.

I mean, what fucking world do these idiots live in? Them saying that being impeached for trying to cheat in the 2020 election will be decided by the 2020 election? Murkowski saying that she voted against a fair trial with witnesses and documents because there was no way to have a fair trial? What?

by Anonymousreply 541February 2, 2020 11:33 PM

Perhaps Là Senatralïna is hanging out at Mar-a-Lago a bit too much. You don't suppose.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542February 2, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote]You don't suppose.......

No, the Senatrice is well past menopause.

by Anonymousreply 543February 2, 2020 11:47 PM

La Senatrice may look preggers, but she’s just old and fat.

by Anonymousreply 544February 2, 2020 11:51 PM

Are we never going to see trumps tax returns? Where are they with that?

by Anonymousreply 545February 3, 2020 12:32 AM

r545, I believe that multiple cases are tied up in court.

Never elect a president who can pay for infinite attorneys.

by Anonymousreply 546February 3, 2020 12:34 AM

R545 what's the point? What does anyone hope to see in his personal income tax returns?

It isn't going to show you of any shady dealings he's had because those would be in his business returns.

by Anonymousreply 547February 3, 2020 12:44 AM

Dotard has certainly fought like hell to keep his personal returns secret so he must have something in them that he doesn’t want to get out.

by Anonymousreply 548February 3, 2020 12:46 AM

Maroon at 547, his personal and ALL business returns have been subpoenaed.

Mnuchin has them all clenched in his sphincter while both are violating the law.

by Anonymousreply 549February 3, 2020 12:46 AM

R546, the Supreme Court is going to hear the appeals in multiple cases concerning Trump's tax returns in March or April of this year.

R547, we've seen information from his prior tax returns and from his father's tax returns. They include quite a bit of business information. Trump has a pattern of offsetting his income against personal businesses losses, to avoid paying any income tax.

by Anonymousreply 550February 3, 2020 12:49 AM

Again, "maroon" at R549, what are you hoping to see in his returns?

by Anonymousreply 551February 3, 2020 12:57 AM

His tax returns will show us that he's a lying, thieving, grifter!

Unfortunately, at this point, it won't change how anyone feels about him.

by Anonymousreply 552February 3, 2020 1:00 AM

Exactly.

The one truth the fucker ever said was that he could get away with pretty much anything and everything and his supporters will never stop cheering for him.

by Anonymousreply 553February 3, 2020 1:01 AM

Does anyone know a deplorable that has changed his/her mind?

by Anonymousreply 554February 3, 2020 1:02 AM

R551 = Donald Trump Jr.

by Anonymousreply 555February 3, 2020 1:03 AM

^Only junior couldn't think of something more clever.

by Anonymousreply 556February 3, 2020 1:06 AM

If you cant answer a question by all means, try to insult.

by Anonymousreply 557February 3, 2020 1:07 AM

R554, I know two of them. They want Biden to be the Democratic candidate. Warren and Sanders are a bridge too far for them.

by Anonymousreply 558February 3, 2020 1:09 AM

It is funny that Deplorables don't seem to care how much of their tax dollars Drumpf spends on vacations. Approach any of them with that and they just say shit like, "so what?"

by Anonymousreply 559February 3, 2020 1:09 AM

Is Dotard still donating his salary?

by Anonymousreply 560February 3, 2020 1:10 AM

R558 what was the turning point for them?

What made them have their regret?

by Anonymousreply 561February 3, 2020 1:11 AM

He claims to be donating his $400k salary, but meanwhile he's raking in millions at Mar-a-Lago and his hotels from Secret Service and other US and foreign government sources

by Anonymousreply 562February 3, 2020 1:14 AM

Yeah, just wondering since the first few months they were making such a big production of him donating the check.

by Anonymousreply 563February 3, 2020 1:16 AM

r551, how he converts Russian money into laundered Trump real estate that is sold for clean money.

That is what is hidden in those tax returns.

by Anonymousreply 564February 3, 2020 1:20 AM

[quote] It is funny that Deplorables don't seem to care how much of their tax dollars Drumpf spends on vacations.

Especially since they wanted to contest every single nickel and dime that was spent on the Obamas.

by Anonymousreply 565February 3, 2020 1:24 AM

Now that the Republican senators have decided that Dump is their king, Moscow Mitch and Leningrad Lindsey can Duke it out to see which one if them will be appointed "groom of the stool"...

by Anonymousreply 566February 3, 2020 1:25 AM

Please those two aren't fighting for anything. There is PLENTY of Drumpf to go around.

Besides, Lindsey takes front, Mitch prefers the back.

by Anonymousreply 567February 3, 2020 1:33 AM

@tedlieu

Dear @GOPLeader : Remember last term when the GOP-controlled Congress kneeled before @realDonaldTrump ? The American people do. That’s why the people flipped the House.

And we will flip the spineless Senate & @WhiteHouse this Nov. Because we love America.

by Anonymousreply 568February 3, 2020 1:37 AM

Mistrial?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569February 3, 2020 1:39 AM

Are we thinking that Roberts isn't just going to do what all Rethugs want him to?

And I'm sure Schiff is aware of the option but perhaps everyone should retweet it to him.

by Anonymousreply 570February 3, 2020 1:43 AM

More scoop from Parnas:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571February 3, 2020 1:46 AM

^Didn't we already know that?

by Anonymousreply 572February 3, 2020 1:47 AM

Did anyone see Kate McKinnon play Lindsay Graham? It was fucking brutal and hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 573February 3, 2020 1:49 AM

Next week, after the Repukes “exonerate “ tRump, Schiff should call Lev Parnas to testify before the Intelligence Committee and have him spill his guts. Let’s hear exactly what Devin “the cow” Nunes and Mz. Lindz were up to.

by Anonymousreply 574February 3, 2020 2:03 AM

Link, R573?

by Anonymousreply 575February 3, 2020 2:03 AM

It was the SNL Cold Open I'm sure it's out there

by Anonymousreply 576February 3, 2020 2:04 AM

Some Deplorable regrets:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577February 3, 2020 2:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 3, 2020 2:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579February 3, 2020 2:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580February 3, 2020 2:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581February 3, 2020 2:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582February 3, 2020 2:27 AM

I will say that I find it nice that a lot of the responses to those who have posted their Trumpgrets have been supportive and kind rather than shaming them.

I wouldn't be able to help myself from the latter.

by Anonymousreply 583February 3, 2020 2:28 AM

Has SNL sketch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584February 3, 2020 2:29 AM

I love reading all the Twitter regrets. Sweet. So very, very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 585February 3, 2020 2:30 AM

With the exception of r582, those are bots...if youre going to be on twitter, you really need to learn how to tell the difference

by Anonymousreply 586February 3, 2020 2:33 AM

i'm still hoping something very damning breaks monday or tuesday

i want the repubs to look as horrid as possible when they cast their acquittal votes

by Anonymousreply 587February 3, 2020 2:52 AM

You need better sleuthing skills if you think those are all bots.

by Anonymousreply 588February 3, 2020 2:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589February 3, 2020 2:58 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590February 3, 2020 2:58 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 591February 3, 2020 3:01 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 592February 3, 2020 3:01 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 593February 3, 2020 3:02 AM

out

by Anonymousreply 594February 3, 2020 3:02 AM

Link

by Anonymousreply 595February 3, 2020 3:02 AM

below

by Anonymousreply 596February 3, 2020 3:02 AM

for

by Anonymousreply 597February 3, 2020 3:02 AM

the

by Anonymousreply 598February 3, 2020 3:02 AM

new

by Anonymousreply 599February 3, 2020 3:02 AM

thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600February 3, 2020 3:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!