Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cybill Shepherd flubbing her presenting at the 1974 Oscars. Why did she pull a Jan Brady and not wear her glasses???

Strange at the very least!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2020 7:15 PM

I remember this. She comes off as a really dumb blond and not much of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2020 3:45 AM

I can see why the movie Irreconcilable Differences parodied her.

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2020 3:48 AM

She's not flubbing she did it on purpose. She's making everything into a Peter Bogdonovitch film.

by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2020 3:50 AM

If so, she was very rude.

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2020 2:38 PM

She wouldn't get away with that kind of thing today.

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2020 12:48 AM

She was banned from presenting at the Oscars for many years after this incident.

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2020 4:06 AM

It's a shame little random unscripted moments like this don't happen much now. Apart from Faye's "LA LA LAND", almost nothing spontaneous happens anymore when people present. They just have to follow the bland platitudes on the teleprompter. Cybill looks lovely though. Poor John Houseman's win is very rarely remembered in Oscar threads.

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2020 3:13 PM

Completely fucking up the one simple task that you are hired to perform (Cybil) is not cute, it's unprofessional and unacceptable.

Remember when Adrian Brody grabbed Halle Berry and kissed her when she presented an Oscar to him? Most people thought that "unscripted moment" was totally inappropriate. I'd suggest that the winners just stick to their written speeches.

by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2020 3:37 PM

Cybill Shepherd is a legend in her own mind.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2020 5:51 PM

It was a stupid thing to do. I'm sure she thought she was being adorable. She was never as adorable as she thought she was.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2020 7:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!