Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Figure Skating 2020

Let's discuss.

US National Championships currently taking place.

Bradie Tennell won the Short Program. Liu was just behind.

European Championships also going on somewhere in Austria. Aliev won the Men title. Boikova/Kozlovskii are the new Pair champions. Sinitsina/Katsalapov are beathing on Papadakis/Cizeron's neck in Ice Dance.

by Anonymousreply 322October 29, 2020 8:53 PM

Skating by numbers.

Ever since the "new"skating points system was released, everyone looks the same. Ever routine is a bunch of jumps and spins all to gather points. There's no originality or style any more.,

SNORE

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 9:26 PM

Agreed R1. It’s so boring now and there’s no point watching the Americans because we suck now.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 9:45 PM

The IJS murdered figure skating. It’s nothing but Bielmann spins, tripped up quads, and catch foot lifts. Only ice dancing is worth watching but even they’re starting to get formulaic.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 10:06 PM

Chock/Bates won Rhythm Dance at US Nationals

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 10:07 PM

This is it? This is the thread for what’s happening on tv right now?/

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2020 2:46 AM

Rippon will try to un-retire, and get beaten up by Shoma Uno.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2020 3:41 AM

How adorable is Mariah Bell?

She’s darling.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2020 3:44 AM

Wow Alysa Liu was something else with those two triple-axels, even if the quad looked a little suspect. Loved her smile throughout the program and her spins were by far the fastest and effortless.

Was that Lori sitting next to Alysa? My god, girl is getting too big.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2020 5:18 AM

Mariah Bell gave a fine performance tonight, but how do you beat someone who can triple axel so effortlessly?

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2020 5:33 AM

While I thought Mariah game emotion, the ending of her program is boring. It is not the time to make spirals or spread eagles, it needs to end with some crisp footwork and end with a bam! Instead it slows down.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 5:39 AM

Dammit. I've yet to watch and you spoiled it.

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2020 6:56 AM

Figure skating has never been the same since they dropped skating the compulsory figures in the competitions. It’s what the sport is named for for Chrissake!

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2020 7:01 AM

Papadakis/Cizeron lost to the Russians

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 3:33 PM

Which guy is Cizeron dating?

The look on Papadakis' face at the end of their LP @ the European Championship was of visible disappointment with herself. She knew she wasn't in her usual good form. They were far better at the GP Final. But I bet they'll be back on-form by the time the World Championship kicks off.

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2020 5:42 PM

Chock/Bates win in USA over Hubbell/Donohue.

McNamara/Carpenter's season has been very disappointing. Yes, injuries contributed to that but they lost momentum now. However C/B showed you can gain it back.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2020 7:20 PM

You can definitely tell that Hubbell and Donohue are fucking based solely on body language.

The men's competition was very good. Nathan is still incredible, of course, but it was a talented field in general.

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2020 4:57 AM

Everyone was boring as hell. I hate the American figure skating right now.

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2020 5:21 AM

Jason Brown's ass was certainly not boring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2020 11:37 AM

As usual, the recent ice-dance podium had the best-looking male figure skaters. It seems like one of the current prerequisites for top guys in ice dance is to have aesthetic facial features.

Is Cizeron still in the closet? I thought his Jane Fonda number could be him coming out :).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2020 12:25 PM

French Federation hit by sexual abuses, rapes and cover-ups scandal.

Sarah Abitbol said she has been raped for 2 years by her then coach when she was 15. Other 2 coaches of the late 80s-early 90s are accused by other girls.

Didier summoned by the Minister for Sport next week.

by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2020 9:58 PM

The more I watch skating, the more utterly inane it seems

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2020 11:30 PM

They should raise the age for ladies, so that even if its a jumping contest, at least the ladies have developed a bit of grace and have filled out, so that they dont look like jumping toothpick legs that can get blown by the wind. They arent pretty to watch. One of those russian girls have really frightening stick legs that look like they would break. Even the kazakh girl whos already way older looks like she is starving.

by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote]Even the kazakh girl whos already way older looks like she is starving.

And she's horribly injured and out for the rest of the season. She got her little World silver medal now though - so worth it to be a cripple for life.

by Anonymousreply 23January 31, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote] They should raise the age for ladies, so that even if its a jumping contest, at least the ladies have developed a bit of grace and have filled out

I concur!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 31, 2020 11:26 PM

The bigger & more filled-out a female is - the harder she crashes on the ice. E = mc2 or smthg.

I think there should be 2 categories, similar to weight-lifting. The twink one and the fat one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 31, 2020 11:42 PM

I got great tickets to US Nationals 2021 in San Jose. I had to buy the Gala tickets as well to get them, although I'm usually done with skating by the end of competitions. I figured I'd splurge since I decided not to go to any more international events after the last Skate America. It's just going to be just Junior and Senior events, an all will be at the SAP Center, so there won't be all the traveling back and forth from the other rink.

Anyone else planning to go?

by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2020 2:27 AM

Apologies if I'm late, I had to search for a skating thread. Has Maia Shibutani's cancer diagnosis been brought up yet? I was surprised to read about it in Skating Magazine. I don't know much about the prognosis for that type of renal carcinoma.

by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2020 1:47 PM

R27 again, to contribute to the Nationals discussion, Maria Bell was wonderful. I was reading about how Adam Rippon has trained her, and I think he's been good for her.

by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2020 1:50 PM

[quote]Papadakis/Cizeron lost to the Russians

Those Russian crooks really will rig just about any contest they like, from presidential elections to free dance.

by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2020 1:51 PM

P/C made mistakes and deserved to lose.

by Anonymousreply 30February 2, 2020 2:01 PM

Jason Brown, sit your ass down and stop that crap you call "skating" - you're boring as hell and look like one of the Three Stooges.

by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2020 2:51 PM

Didn't know about Maia's cancer diagnosis. Sad. What is the prognosis?

by Anonymousreply 32February 2, 2020 6:11 PM

[quote]What is the prognosis?

As much media exposure as possible!!!

by Anonymousreply 33February 2, 2020 6:13 PM

Ooh la la!

by Anonymousreply 34February 2, 2020 6:14 PM

French Sport Minister told Didier Gailhaguet to resign. She gives French Federation 15 days to get sorted. She started the procedure to withdraw the supporting agreement to FFSG, meaning the Olympic Commitee will fill in to run things.

Galihaguet hasn't resigned. He continues to say he has made mistakes but it wasn't his fault, he wasn't aware of many things, he only discovered in the last few days as they happened before his time. He blames the former Sport minister. He called a press conference on Wednesday.

Gwendal Peizarat has asked his resignation. Canderolo joined.

Joubert managed to go live on radio today to support Galihaguet, saying he is like a second father, he can't be blamed for everything, etc.

by Anonymousreply 35February 3, 2020 9:29 PM

What's all the hubbub in France? Did they run out of baguettes?

The only thing I heard was that a pair-skater Frenchie sent an underage girl some dick pics. Sacré bleu!

The only important DL question: have those dick pics leaked yet?

by Anonymousreply 36February 3, 2020 11:14 PM

Okay, yesterday afternoon I was watching figure skating on NBC. One half of the pairs was Brian Johnson. Drop dead gorgeous in his outfit. I swear I saw him with a woody after he finished.

by Anonymousreply 37February 4, 2020 12:13 AM

R32, all Maia has said is that the tumor was malignant, and that she needs no additional treatment but to heal from her surgery. Somewhat vague, but she did say they found it early.

by Anonymousreply 38February 4, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote]Brian Johnson. Drop dead gorgeous in his outfit. I swear I saw him with a woody after he finished.

Yeah, sometimes you se a few chubies.

by Anonymousreply 39February 4, 2020 12:44 AM

R36

Sarah Abitbol (former pair world medalist in the 90s) accused her former coach, Gilles Beyer, of having raped and abused her when she was between 15 and 17. Two more girls came out with abuse stories, one against Beyer again.

Beyer was the subject of an inquiry by Sport Ministry in around 2000 when the parents of a girl reported him. At the time he was employed by the Federation and Ministry banned him from holding jobs with Federation. However, he went back to his club, became president and then got elected to federal council until a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 40February 4, 2020 7:03 AM

Thanks, R40.

Reportedly, Joubert is torn by the scandal because he regarded Didier Gailhaguet as a 'second father'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 4, 2020 8:57 PM

Oops, sorry, R35, accidentally repeated your post.

by Anonymousreply 42February 4, 2020 9:00 PM

Four Continents are this week

Chen and Uno are skipping them.

Hanyu should be the favourite. Then Boyang...and a Canadian. Or Jason Brown's triples.

Bell is not present either. USA are sending Tennell, Chen and Glenn. Kihira, Sakamoto and HIguchi are presenting Japan and You, Kim and Lim for South Korea

by Anonymousreply 43February 4, 2020 9:56 PM

[quote]You can definitely tell that Hubbell and Donohue are fucking based solely on body language.

Does Hubbell's fiance know? Isn't she engaged to a Spanish ice dancer?

by Anonymousreply 44February 4, 2020 11:21 PM

R44 yes, with Diaz

And Smart is with Donohue

Btw, Smart/Diaz just got the World spot over Hurtado/Khaliavin

by Anonymousreply 45February 5, 2020 10:27 PM

A few of the 4C performances are on Youtube. EVERYONE in the audience is wearing face masks.

by Anonymousreply 46February 7, 2020 4:50 AM

Chock/Bates won 4CCs even with a fall (out of elements) Hubbell/Donohue pushed into third by Gilles/Poirier. Hawayek/Baker were behind because of disastrous RD but they didn't outscore the Chineses even in the FD. The new Australian couple scoring decently is half Canadian and they train at Gadbois.

1 Chock/Bates USA 213.18

2 Gilles/Poirier CAN 210.18

3 Hubbell/Donohue USA 208.72

4 Wang/Liu CHN 196.75

5 LaJoie/Lagha CAN 192.11

6 Hawayek/Baker USA 188.49

7 Soucisse/Firus CAN 174.41

8 Min/Eaton KOR 163.26

9 Harris/Chan AUS 161.05

10 Chen/Sun CHN 158.70

11 Komtasubara/Koleto JPN 157.20

12 Ning/Wang CHN 145.22

13 Fukase/Cho JPN 143.94

14 Kerry/Dodds AUS 143.59

15 Friend/Badaoui AUS 137.36

16 Weatherby/Yerzhanov KAZ 132.27

by Anonymousreply 47February 7, 2020 8:20 AM

The French federation is in meltdown mode.

I can't believe this isn't a hot topic with 600 replies on DL. I thought there were as many FS fans as Broadway fans on DL. Or did I miss a thread?

Hope Kévin Aymoz and his bubble-butt are ok.

by Anonymousreply 48February 7, 2020 8:26 AM

R48 it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people....Gailhaguet and co

At 4CCs Hanuy set a new world record in the SP. He went back to the programs of 2 seasons ago. Boyang is in second and Jason Brown in third.

by Anonymousreply 49February 7, 2020 2:22 PM

Are we talking about the Cipres dick pics R48?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 7, 2020 3:02 PM

R50 Rape claims against Gilles Beyer, various abuses claims against him and the 2 other coaches, allegations of cover-ups or at least laissez faire attitude regarding Beyer's involvment in Fed and skating clubs, allegations of verbal abuses to Lecavelier's former coach and her father (president of Nice skating club), etceterà!

by Anonymousreply 51February 7, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote]Hubbell/Donohue pushed into third by Gilles/Poirier.

It will be interesting to see what happens at Worlds next month.

This is the 2nd time this season that Gilles/Poirier have beaten Hubbell/Donohue.

by Anonymousreply 52February 7, 2020 11:20 PM

Gailhaguet is gone

4 Continents

1) Sui/Han 2) Peng/Jin 3) Moore Towers/Marinaro

Calalang/Johnson 4th and top US pair.

1) Kihira 2) You 3) Tennell 7) Chen 9) Glenn

by Anonymousreply 53February 8, 2020 10:57 AM

So we haven’t yet gotten to the bottom of the Cipres dick pics. I have to believe the French federation has had a role in how that’s been handled (badly, starting with blaming the 13 year old he sent them to).

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote]Gailhaguet is gone

That old coot should have been gone years ago.

by Anonymousreply 55February 10, 2020 8:52 AM

Tennell medalled--that's good news, even with her lousy showing at US Nationals, she's holding steady internationally. If Mariah Bell doesn't melt down at Worlds, there's a real chance at getting three spots back.

by Anonymousreply 56February 10, 2020 9:47 AM

Ice dancer Lewis Gibson confirms what we already guessed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 14, 2020 8:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2020 2:59 AM

R57, congrats to Lewis Gibson!

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2020 8:52 AM

Sigh. How the years have passed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2020 1:28 PM

Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2020 1:43 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2020 3:39 AM

Knierims split. Chris retires. Alexa will search for a new partner. Chris suffers from depression

The Australian pair (Aleksandovskaya/Windsor) also split. It has to do with her injuries.

World Championships entries are out:

- 33 Men, 36 Ladies, 24 Pairs, 34 Ice Dance

- no Yan Han

- no North Korean pair. They are MIA since Rostelecom. Maybe they are injured, maybe it is just North Korea

- Smart/Diaz is the Spanish entry in Ice Dance

- Lauriault/Legac is second French team instead of Galyavieva/Thauron

- State of Italian ice dance behind Guignard/Fabbri is dire. After Calderone/Papetti split this fall, it seems Tessari/Fioretti split too. Roy/Pientrantonio got the second World spot because they are the only ones left. Given G/F are old, they must hope Junior couples transition well to Senior. But they are not particularly good as junior....

by Anonymousreply 63February 26, 2020 5:26 PM

When you write, "The Knierims split." do you just mean as far as skating or personally/marriage-wise as well?

by Anonymousreply 64February 26, 2020 10:53 PM

It seems to be just a skating split. Also due to his injuries.

by Anonymousreply 65February 26, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote]Knierims split. Chris retires. Alexa will search for a new partner. Chris suffers from depression

God's will!

by Anonymousreply 66February 27, 2020 2:23 AM

Meanwhile, Eric Radford posted a new underwear photo this week:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 27, 2020 4:07 AM

Damn, that must be some injury with Knierim to split right after winning Nationals.

by Anonymousreply 68February 27, 2020 4:10 AM

"Chris' battle with depression came to a head in February at the ISU Four Continents Championships, a competition they had medaled at in 2014 and 2016.

"Four Continents was really strange," Alexa said. "In our three practices in Seoul, Chris was physically there but he wasn't present. It was like I was skating with a ghost.

"When I took my spot in the short [program], I looked at his eyes and he wasn't there. It was like skating with a body, not my husband."

After errors on their side-by-side jumps, Chris fell on the entry to their side-by-side spin and could do nothing but stand next to his spinning partner.

"I'm done," Chris told Alexa even before leaving the ice.

"I knew this was not just a reaction to our skate," Alexa said. "He was done. I knew that mentally and emotionally." "

by Anonymousreply 69February 27, 2020 8:24 AM

It's got to be rough, going through all that physical and mental stress doing the same thing you've been doing since you were 6 years old.

by Anonymousreply 70February 27, 2020 8:00 PM

Good for him for knowing it was time to pull the plug and move on.

by Anonymousreply 71February 27, 2020 10:00 PM

Kayne/OShea announced their FS program for next season....

....Carmen...

by Anonymousreply 72February 27, 2020 10:30 PM

How original!

by Anonymousreply 73February 27, 2020 11:47 PM

No one, in any discipline, should be allowed to skate to Carmen ever again. Same thing goes for Phantom of the Opera and Les Mis.

by Anonymousreply 74February 27, 2020 11:51 PM

Or at least the Carmen MUST die at the end of the program. Nothing less than a full snuff film in front of Johnny and Tara to give them something to shriek about. (Just imagine Dick Button kvelling over THAT!)

by Anonymousreply 75February 27, 2020 11:53 PM

Is Covid19 going to cause the cancellation of the World Championships? Noooo!!

by Anonymousreply 76February 29, 2020 2:57 PM

Knierims withdrew from Four Continents due to family illness, I assume they meant his depression.

by Anonymousreply 77February 29, 2020 8:11 PM

Junior Worlds take place next week in Estonia

US entries

Ilian Malinin (son of Tatiana Malinina)

Maxim Naumov

Andrew Torgashev

__

Alisa Liu

Starr Andrews (

Lindsay Thorngren

___

Winter Deardoff / Mikhail Johnson

Kate Finster / Balazs Nagy

Anastasiia Smirnova / Danylo Siianytsia

----

Oona Brown / Gage Brown

Avonley Nguyen/ Vadym Kolesnik

Katarina Wolfkostin / Jeffrey Chen

Medal contenders are obviously Liu and Nguyen/Kolesnik (probably battling for gold with the Georgians)

by Anonymousreply 78February 29, 2020 10:27 PM

Torgashev sits in third place after SP. Will he totally bomb the FS?

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2020 8:36 AM

Torgashev bombed as expected in the FS

Fournier/Sorensen are out from Worlds. Soucisse/Firus are replacing them. Assuming they are holding Worlds afterall.

by Anonymousreply 80March 8, 2020 8:50 PM

Has the ISU made a statement about Worlds & the Corona Virus?

by Anonymousreply 81March 11, 2020 12:05 AM

What's this Roni Viral you speak of, R81? We are too busy planning our fabulous red carpet event!

by Anonymousreply 82March 11, 2020 6:00 AM

Quebec government will decide today if Worlds can take place

by Anonymousreply 83March 11, 2020 3:50 PM

Worlds cancelled

by Anonymousreply 84March 11, 2020 10:12 PM

The World Championships in Montreal have been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 85March 11, 2020 10:42 PM

Oops, R84, I didn't see you there for some reason. This thread has been wonky for me.

by Anonymousreply 86March 11, 2020 10:44 PM

Not surprising, given the average age of North American skating fans.

by Anonymousreply 87March 11, 2020 11:06 PM

Former ice dancer Chris Reed died during the weekend. Heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 88March 18, 2020 9:28 AM

Don’t think that Worlds has been cancelled since 1961, when the entire US skating team was killed in a plane crash.

by Anonymousreply 89March 18, 2020 2:01 PM

Every sport has been affected now. It's terrible but at the same time, nobody can deny it was wrong to be canceled. I suppose at least we were lucky enough to get through nearly the whole season before everything went to hell. Who can say what the effect will be on the next season, though. Most rinks are even closed now for practice.

by Anonymousreply 90March 18, 2020 6:38 PM

Denney/Frazier split.

Will he pair up with Knierim woman?

by Anonymousreply 91March 26, 2020 1:21 PM

It's funny when I first started ice skating I had figure skates. Hated them. Got a pair of hockey skates - much better.

by Anonymousreply 92March 26, 2020 2:21 PM

You must have a generous definition of funny.

by Anonymousreply 93March 26, 2020 4:19 PM

You couldn't spray ice with figure skates but you could with hockey skates. That was great fun. i think if I tried to put skates on now I'd fall on my ass. It was a long time ago. And it isn't like a riding a bicycle.That latter which I can no longer do either.

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2020 3:03 PM

I bought tickets for 2021 US Nationals and now I'm wondering if they will even be held. When will rinks be back open for practice and when will large events be able to be held? No way of knowing at this point.

by Anonymousreply 95March 29, 2020 6:05 AM

Charlie Bilodeau retires

McNamara/Carpenter split. He retires. She wants to continue

by Anonymousreply 96April 16, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote]Charlie Bilodeau retires

He and Lubov had decent results this past season. Wonder why they're not giving it another year?

by Anonymousreply 97April 16, 2020 11:34 PM

Soucisse & Firus have announced they are moving to Carol Lane:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 17, 2020 4:02 AM

R97 He apparently didn't tell her and their coach about his retirement until one day before going public

He says that now he left figure skating he feels free. He has never loved fs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 17, 2020 9:08 AM

And Knierim/Frazier materialized as predicted.

In USA Nica Digerness / Danny Neudecker also split

In Canada Justine Brasseur/Mark Bardei split.

by Anonymousreply 100April 17, 2020 9:10 AM

Soucisse & Firus interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 25, 2020 8:37 AM

Challenger Series 2020-21 announced

Beijing / CHN September 9 - 13, 2020

Oakville, ON / CAN (with pair) September 17 - 19, 2020

Bratislava / SVK September 16 - 19, 2020

Oberstdorf / GER (with pair) September 23 - 26, 2020

Espoo / FIN (with pair) October 8 - 11, 2020

Budapest / HUN October 15 - 17, 2020

Almaty / KAZ (with pair) October 29 - November 1, 2020

Warsaw / POL November 12 – 15, 2020

Innsbruck / AUT November 23 – 30, 2020

Zagreb / CRO (with pair) December 2 – 5, 2020

Among the usual Challangers, no Lombardia Trophy as expected. But also no US Salt Lake International

Well, some may be canceled anyway. I can see them being allowed to do with some social distances measure. And let's be honest, some of them are not really huge ticket sellers. However, I see international travel restrictions as being problematic

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2020 11:43 PM

Cizeron and boyfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 17, 2020 9:49 PM

R103, is that the closest Cizeron has come to officially coming out?

by Anonymousreply 104May 17, 2020 9:56 PM

R104 he openly calls him boyfriend (you can stop after second line if you don't care about their dogs) today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2020 12:40 PM

Cizeron made it official in an interview with a French gay magazine and a letter to sport magazine L'Equipe

In some parts it is a grim reading (all the breaks at high school spent closed in the toilets not to be harrassed and mocked by other boys)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 4, 2020 1:14 PM

Thanks for the link, R106.

by Anonymousreply 107June 4, 2020 11:15 PM

Skate Proud is organizing Instagram Live chats with LGBTQ+ skaters and allies for the Pride Month starting from tomorrow

Next week's schedule is

Monday: Guillaume Cizeron Tuesday: Amber Glenn Wednesday: Eric Radford Thuersday: Mae Meité Friday: Jeremy Abbott Saturday: Jorik Hendrickx Sunday: Dylan Moscovitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 7, 2020 9:44 PM

I don't think Jeremy Abbott has officially come out yet, has he?

by Anonymousreply 109June 7, 2020 9:50 PM

Maybe he will pretend to be just an ally. Lol.

Wonder what he will say about his idiotic pre-Sochi comments.

by Anonymousreply 110June 7, 2020 10:34 PM

Someone who won't bother pretending to be an ally is Yagudin. He posted this today in response Rippon's criticism of JK Rowling's trans comments:

"Fuck, Adam. When all of you will die? Earth’s mistake"

and this

"What to even say? Terrifying, disgusting, tired of it! I'm not against it, but do it without our participation! There is corona virus and then there's you, which is one and the same"

by Anonymousreply 111June 8, 2020 1:56 AM

That's a big turn around from his days when he was telling the press that if he wanted to be friends with a gay man (Rudy Galindo) that it was his right.

by Anonymousreply 112June 8, 2020 1:59 AM

R112 He's been spouting homophobic shit for years now. Recently, he called Jason Brown a faggot for not having quads. Anyone have a link to this infamous press conference? It's talked been talked about for years, but I don't know what Yagudin actually said.

by Anonymousreply 113June 8, 2020 2:03 AM

He lives in Russia and does buisness in russia, he needs to make it absolutely clear that he's against anything LGBT. I'm team Rowling btw

by Anonymousreply 114June 8, 2020 2:08 AM

Plush lives in Russia and does business in Russia and doesn't seem to feel the need to remind everyone that he's disgusted by the faggots every few months. Same with scores of other Russian athletes. Don't make excuses for him - Yags is just a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 115June 8, 2020 2:22 AM

I don't remember the year this happen but the skate Canada interview was on youtube. I remember watching it a few years ago.

I think his reaction came about there being gossiped that he spend the night in Rudy's room, which Rudy confirmed later. His point was that if he wanted to have Rudy as a friend, it was his business. My understanding is that he first was good friends with Rudy and later got kicked out of the tour because of Nicole B. or something involving her.

Sad to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 116June 8, 2020 2:29 AM

so if there is no Worlds this year, does that mean the 2019 world champions are the champs for 2 years? (2019 & 2020)

Or are the titles for 2020 vacant

by Anonymousreply 117June 8, 2020 2:33 AM

r117 If the title is yearly that means a world title expires after a year, there will be no 2020 champion if the competition is not held

by Anonymousreply 118June 8, 2020 3:21 AM

R111, where did Yagudin post that?

by Anonymousreply 119June 8, 2020 7:30 AM

Someone needs to explain to Adam that the transtapo would have cut his little femme dick off when he was in Novice if they had their way.

by Anonymousreply 120June 8, 2020 7:35 AM

R119 He posted it on IG but has since deleted it. He has now posted a pathetic non apology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 8, 2020 7:00 PM

R121, I'm not surprised he deleted it.

by Anonymousreply 122June 8, 2020 8:00 PM

The comments on TSL's Insta feed are glorious. So Yagudin was all flirty with Brian Orser at a gay bar.

What did Rudy Galindo mean by posting "I wonder who?"

by Anonymousreply 123June 8, 2020 8:12 PM

R109 He did this time.

From today's interview, he struggled a lot to accept himself.

by Anonymousreply 124June 12, 2020 4:11 PM

Typical Russian alcoholic. Medvedeva said something to Adam like, "Thanks for showing me how to handle haters" - got to make it about her, you know. (the Japanese are angry that she's zipping around in Japan, ignoring the corona - and why the fuck is she in Japan anyway? Can't they deport her back to her sesspool motherland for the plague times? (Canada doesn't need her either and she's too broke to make rent)

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2020 4:24 PM

* cesspool

by Anonymousreply 126June 12, 2020 4:25 PM

As a kid I used to ice skate all the time. We'd go up to Schneider Arena on Providence College's campus to do so. My first skates were figure skates and I hated them. It wasn't until I got a pair of hockey skates on that I started to love it.

by Anonymousreply 127June 12, 2020 5:07 PM

R124, is there a link to Jeremy's new interview?

by Anonymousreply 128June 12, 2020 11:04 PM

R128 Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 13, 2020 8:16 AM

Thanks, R129.

Watching now.

by Anonymousreply 130June 13, 2020 8:33 AM

Dylan Moskovitch has major BDF. So I guess he's an ally.

by Anonymousreply 131June 13, 2020 8:45 AM

TSL just said on their show that Yagudin was known to proposition judges.

by Anonymousreply 132June 15, 2020 5:09 PM

Junior World Champs Nguyen & Kolesnik split

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2020 11:00 PM

When is the ISU expected to decide whether there will be a Grand Prix season this year?

by Anonymousreply 134June 29, 2020 11:45 PM

R134 Likely not until August 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2020 10:45 PM

Which means those skaters who won the world titles in 2019 get to keep them going into the 2021 season

by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2020 10:47 PM

R136 Why would this matter?

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2020 1:30 AM

[quote]Junior World Champs Nguyen & Kolesnik split

Did he get her pregnant or something?

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2020 1:36 AM

Or did he get some other girl pregnant?

Reading behind the lines on the comments on FSU, Nguyen 's mother is a tiger mother and she is the one making the calls

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2020 10:20 AM

Well, it better be something big because he is the one with talent. She is not.

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2020 10:23 AM

McNamara has teamed up with Anton Spiridonov

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2020 7:53 PM

What’s Yagudin up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 142July 3, 2020 8:06 PM

R142 Probably jerking off to Rippon's IG message to him, "Ohhhh, Adam with pretty mouth say to stuff something up my ass. Okay! So hottt."

by Anonymousreply 143July 5, 2020 9:58 PM

I can't believe that Yags is 40 this year. Time flies....Yags is bisexual I am sure of it. More than one story of him hooking up with boy and girl skaters on tour.

by Anonymousreply 144July 7, 2020 1:06 AM

R144, it's possible. Yags does seem defensive about his sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 145July 7, 2020 2:38 AM

Alison Reed and the blonde Lithuanian guy move to Gadbois. Just in case there were not enough people traning there

by Anonymousreply 146July 8, 2020 10:21 PM

I can’t believe that Tanith Belbin is married to Charlie White. After Fedor Andrew, there’s nowhere to go but down. And Fedor married Charlie’s shovel faced partner Meryl Davis. He must be gay.

by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2020 6:47 PM

R147 "shovel-faced" - that's a hilariously random DL insult. Is it because of her face shape or something else I'm missing?

by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2020 7:59 PM

R147 Tanith got Fedor when he was still hot. Now he's fat. And he's a whore. Wasn't she also with Evan? After those two, maybe it's nice to just be with a normal, boring guy.

by Anonymousreply 149July 10, 2020 8:04 PM

Meryl Davis r148

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 10, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]Now he's fat.

Fedor is fat now?

by Anonymousreply 151July 10, 2020 11:15 PM

R150 That's brilliant, I love it. Now do young Jeff Buttle. Who or what does he look like here? I can't put my finger on it and it's killing me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 11, 2020 4:00 AM

R151 Well, DL Fat. Fedor used to look like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 11, 2020 4:06 AM

Now he looks like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 11, 2020 4:07 AM

I think Meryl Davis looks like a cicada

by Anonymousreply 155July 11, 2020 4:43 AM

Now that I think of it, JButt looks like a cross between one of the Gelflings from Dark Crystal and Cynthia Nixon's wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 11, 2020 7:17 AM

Buttle was pretty cute back in the day. Is he married now? I know he was popular in Canada, but I found his skating style too frenetic, almost spastic.

by Anonymousreply 157July 11, 2020 11:51 PM

R157,

"Buttle is openly gay and married Justin Harris in February 2014."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 11, 2020 11:55 PM

Meryl Davis is really, really thin, and that's all that matters.

What the hell is wrong with you assholes?

by Anonymousreply 159July 12, 2020 2:07 AM

ISU Awards winners

Most Valuable Skater: Yuzuru Hanyu

Most Entertaining Program: Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron Rhythm Dance

Best Newcomer: Alena Kostornaia

Best Costume: Madison Chock/Evan Bates

Best Coach: Eteri Tutberidze

Best Choreographer: Shae-Lynn Bourne

Lifetime Achievement Award: Kurt Browning

by Anonymousreply 160July 12, 2020 9:46 AM

R160 Kurt Browning! LMAO considering everyone else they could have chosen.

by Anonymousreply 161July 12, 2020 6:42 PM

R160 This means one day I could be a somebody too!!

by Anonymousreply 162July 12, 2020 6:44 PM

Tonya Harding deserves the Lifetime Achievement Award. She's delivered more attention to the sport than anyone since Sonja Henie.

by Anonymousreply 163July 12, 2020 6:53 PM

Kurt has had an amazing career in skating despite having no Olympic medals. Canada reveres their male skaters for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 164July 12, 2020 9:59 PM

Former Junior World Champion in Pair, Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya (with Harley Windsor for Australia), died today.

Suicide. Apparently she also attempted it before and she was being threated for depression.

by Anonymousreply 165July 18, 2020 12:55 PM

I bet the Russian mob was extorting money from her.

by Anonymousreply 166July 20, 2020 2:28 PM

She was working at a strip club - had attempted suicide before. Probably was fired from figure skating in January and replaced by somebody skinnier.

by Anonymousreply 167July 20, 2020 6:21 PM

R167 I think she was diagnosed with epilepsia and that's why she had to quite skating. She was skating for Australia, so they didn't have anyone to replace her with. Her previous partner is still partner-less.

by Anonymousreply 168July 20, 2020 7:58 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 169July 21, 2020 8:26 PM

Anastasiya Shpilevaya got Covid. She has been hospitalized. Now she is recovering.

by Anonymousreply 170July 25, 2020 3:39 PM

Figure skating is the strangest sport ever. Dominated by women and gays, yet the levels of misogyny and homophobia are supernaturally high. They want masculine straight men in the sport, but they don’t get the big endorsement deals that women get. I met a man who was an acquaintance of Debi Thomas’s mother and he said that the black skaters had to put up with monstrous racist comments. Some were glad to see Debi implode in Calgary because they didn’t want a young black girl representing America in a white sport. And don’t get me started on Surya.

I do hope that they can find a way to press charges against Richard Callaghan too. He’s gotten away with ruining the lives of several young men. Tara Lipinski’s parents heard the stories about him but since Tara wasn’t a boy, they kept mum. The sport is overloaded with creeps and bigots.

by Anonymousreply 171July 28, 2020 4:14 PM

R171 They're not going to do anything about Callaghan unless there are new charges.

The abuse and racism against Thomas were horrible. They either made her nuts or preyed on an already fragile mind.

French Fed won't even discipline Cipres so he's free to compete again. The German coach Fafjr is still free as a bird and coaching (I think he only got probation too despite 13 counts of sexual abuse and multiple counts of battery).

The sport has gone to shit in so many ways.

by Anonymousreply 172July 28, 2020 8:49 PM

R171 is right about how anti-gay figure skating is despite a large number of gay skaters. It took Brian Boitano 3 decades to officially come out.

Despite the fact that everyone knows lots of figure skaters are gay, they are pressured to stay in the closet. Jeremy Abbott only felt comfortable coming out a couple months ago.

Guillaume Cizeron, Johnny Weir, Eric Radford & Adam Rippon also took a while before they felt comfortable coming out, although those 4 seem happier so far.

by Anonymousreply 173July 28, 2020 9:10 PM

R172 They suspended Fafjr for 2-3 years in the 90s after he was convicted (but not jailed). Then German Fed has done the chair game. They don't officially employ him. But they let him coach as freelancer in Oberstdorf. The Fed let him coach top athletes but the Olympic Committee refuse to give him Olympic accrediations (but other Feds such as Belgium usually came in to give one). Etc

by Anonymousreply 174July 28, 2020 9:59 PM

Isn't mostly just western countries that have the gays?

by Anonymousreply 175July 29, 2020 12:02 AM

What made you come to that conclusion?

by Anonymousreply 176July 29, 2020 12:06 AM

r176 Just an observation, i don't think it's considered gay to be in figure skating overseas

by Anonymousreply 177July 29, 2020 12:12 AM

European male skaters in all disciplines have been taunted as youngsters for choosing skating.

by Anonymousreply 178July 31, 2020 10:04 PM

Alena Kostornaya just left Eteri Tutberidze to train with Plushenko & Co. Eteri is having a tantrum about it.

Such a classy sport.

by Anonymousreply 179August 1, 2020 12:10 AM

Nothing classy about Plushenko with his ugly ass. Hate his spastic style of skating and his shallow sit spins.

by Anonymousreply 180August 1, 2020 1:06 AM

Nothing classy about Plushenko with his ugly ass. Hate his spastic style of skating and his shallow sit spins.

by Anonymousreply 181August 1, 2020 1:06 AM

R181 Is that what you'd call his style of skating? Whatever it was, I hated it too. Also, his stupid fucking hands. I hated his hands.

by Anonymousreply 182August 1, 2020 1:11 AM

R182, maybe you are not old enough to remember the Flintstones. But there is an episode where Fred takes his friends and family on a camping trip, only to find out that the Boy Scouts own the campgrounds. They are allowed to stay and Fred and Barney show the scouts how to do an Indian raindance. Fred is doing this stupid dance and he gets struck by lightning and his body movements remind me of Plushenkos during one of his straight line footwork sequences.

by Anonymousreply 183August 1, 2020 1:25 AM

R183 Holy shit. You are totally right. That dance and the way Fred and Barney run look totally like Plush's Art on Ice footwork. LMAO. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 184August 1, 2020 2:36 AM

You're welcome r184.

His choreo always sucked. His jumps were decent, but everything else was atrocious. The costumes, albino mullet, all of it, all of it just horrific. Mishin must have hired the Russian mob to grease palms and threaten judges to hold Plushy up.

by Anonymousreply 185August 1, 2020 11:54 PM

They are trying to save the GP series which won't make any sense

The participation in each individual ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event would be limited to i) Competitors and Officials of the host country and ii) Competitors regularly training in the respective host country and iii) Competitors from other ISU Members who will be assigned to a Grand Prix of Figure Skating event in the respective geographical area, always subject to the applicable travel, entry and sanitary restrictions of the concerned countries.

Scores won't count for achieving TES minimum for Championships and no ranking points will be given either.

by Anonymousreply 186August 5, 2020 10:30 PM

We are fucked going into the skating season...could they possibly postpone Worlds again?

by Anonymousreply 187August 5, 2020 11:28 PM

R187 I think they will definitely postpone Worlds again (given the fact that GPF may be moved to Feb or so). The question is, will they cancel Worlds altogether or hold it in some alternative format (like virtually). NBC wants some returns for her broadcasting rights!!

by Anonymousreply 188August 6, 2020 12:25 AM

Adam Rippon's grandmother died of Covid19:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 29, 2020 8:55 AM

I wonder if one of the male skaters will start an onlyfans to finance their sport. They’ve got great asses.

by Anonymousreply 190August 29, 2020 10:44 AM

American singles skating is truly at a nadir.

by Anonymousreply 191August 29, 2020 1:47 PM

Bring Tonya back.

by Anonymousreply 192August 29, 2020 2:01 PM

What is our American Chav Goddess up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 193August 29, 2020 2:50 PM

BTW, do some of you remember this skater? She is a porn actress now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 29, 2020 11:10 PM

She still flaunts her achievements in skating. I wonder how the skating community reacted to her new career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 29, 2020 11:11 PM

R171 I think most Russian male skaters are straight. Same as in ballet where there are much less gays from Eastern European countries because dancing is considered a masculine activity there.

by Anonymousreply 196August 29, 2020 11:51 PM

R194 she is one of those who accused Coughlin of sexual misconduct IIRC

by Anonymousreply 197August 30, 2020 7:44 AM

R194, I hope we will see a hot male skater go into porn.

by Anonymousreply 198August 30, 2020 9:33 AM

I don't know R196 - Nijinski, Nureyev - despite claiming to hate gays now, Yagudin has quite the past.

But in Russia, I imagine it behooves you to deny, beard, whatever it takes.

by Anonymousreply 199August 30, 2020 10:48 AM

R199 Nureyev was a super homo but I think it is pretty established that Nijinsky was only gay for pay. At least most male Russian skaters skate in a very athletic and less artistic style imo (Aliev is the only exception on top of my head), which kind of projects a different image.

by Anonymousreply 200August 30, 2020 12:28 PM

"American singles skating is truly at a nadir."

Just the women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 30, 2020 12:33 PM

The men are unimpressive as well.

by Anonymousreply 202August 30, 2020 2:03 PM

I think Kolyada is balletic - but apparently het. Hope he makes a comeback under Mishin; he has such promise but also such inconsistency. Mishin is good for jumps and Misha already has the artistry so my hopes are high.

I could live without watching Samarin and the mite Samsonov - forgot who else they have. Danielian? I remember the name but not the skating. Uncle Voronov is hot but he's elderly, in skating years

by Anonymousreply 203August 30, 2020 2:08 PM

Nathan Chen is impressive R202. Hanyu's only real rival and a helluva quad jumper - the most consistent in the world, and can put more of them in a free skate than anybody else - well, maybe other than Alexandra Trusova

by Anonymousreply 204August 30, 2020 2:15 PM

I like that Chen shows up and wins competitions by just destroying everyone with quads. Sometimes you have to make a mockery of a sport before it will change.

by Anonymousreply 205August 30, 2020 6:11 PM

The American women have been very good at making a mockery of the sport for several years.

by Anonymousreply 206August 30, 2020 7:58 PM

Yes r206, they’ve become useless.

And Michelle Kwan is 40 this month IIRC. Time flies.

by Anonymousreply 207August 30, 2020 8:18 PM

All the tiny, athletic American girls whose parents have disposable income are in gymnastics.

by Anonymousreply 208August 31, 2020 1:56 AM

r208 I definitely think Figure skating has lost out to gymnastics lately

by Anonymousreply 209August 31, 2020 2:01 AM

Nathan is a lot more than just a quad-bot. He can really skate as well. It isn't like he is Elvis Stojko.

by Anonymousreply 210August 31, 2020 2:12 AM

r210 He's a competent skater but without the quads or with only a couple quads is he even top 10 in the world? He can't even touch Hanyu's artistry.

by Anonymousreply 211August 31, 2020 6:21 AM

Wonder how many men have put their fingers inside Hanyu's " artistry"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 31, 2020 11:32 AM

I cannot get onboard with Hanyu. Maybe his artistry is all that, but to me he skates the way Jennifer Jones acts...fluttery and mannered. I miss Daisuki Takahashi.

by Anonymousreply 213August 31, 2020 12:01 PM

R211, that doesn't even make sense. "Without the quads" NO one is top 10 in the world. You're apparently just one of those Hanyu loons.

by Anonymousreply 214August 31, 2020 3:25 PM

While I certainly appreciate Chen's ability to do many quads successfully in competition, I just see it as point collecting. While his artistry has improved over the years, he is utterly reliant on the multiple quads. Hanyu's artistry (and costuming) is not to my taste, but at least he has it. I miss Javier Fernandez.

by Anonymousreply 215August 31, 2020 6:28 PM

R208 I don’t understand why. All the hard impacts stunt your growth.

by Anonymousreply 216August 31, 2020 6:33 PM

I agree, Nathan is boring. And he wears those ugly fucking Vera Wang costumes. No beauty in his skating at all, just point collecting. I can't wait for him to go away.

by Anonymousreply 217August 31, 2020 6:36 PM

Entries for the Nebelhorn Trophy scheduled for Sept. 24-26

Rest of September competitions are already canceled

MEN

1 Maurizio ZANDRON AUT

2 Jiri BELOHRADSKY CZE

3 Aleksandr SELEVKO EST

4 Mihhail SELEVKO EST

5 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN

6 Paul FENTZ GER

7 Kai JAGODA GER

8 Thomas STOLL GER

9 Graham NEWBERRY GBR

10 Gabriele FRANGIPANI ITA 7

11 Matteo RIZZO ITA

12 Deniss VASILJEVS LAT

13 Sondre ODDVOLL BOE NOR

14 Nikolaj MAJOROV SWE

15 Noah BODENSTEIN SUI

16 Lukas BRITSCHGI SUI

17 Nurullah SAHAKA SUI

18 Burak DEMIRBOGA TUR

19 Ivan SHMURATKO UKR

LADIES

1 Natalie KLOTZ AUT

2 Dorotea LEITGEB AUT

3 Olga MIKUTINA AUT

4 Stefanie PESENDORFER AUT

5 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE

6 Maia SORENSEN DEN

7 Eva-Lotta KIIBUS EST

8 Gerli LIINAMAE EST

9 Jenni SAARINEN FIN

10 Lea Johanna DASTICH GER

11 Aya HATAKAWA GER

12 Kristina ISAEV GER

13 Nicole SCHOTT GER

14 Nargiz SULEYMANOVA GER

15 Kristen SPOURS GBR

16 Julia LANG HUN

17 Regina SCHERMANN HUN

18 Bernadett SZIGETI HUN

19 Greta MORKYTE LTU

20 Lindsay VAN ZUNDERT NED

21 Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO PHI

22 Alexandra Michaela FILCOVA SVK

23 Cassandra JOHANSSON SWE

24 Anita OSTLUND SWE

25 Josefin TALJEGARD SWE

26 Noemie BODENSTEIN SUI

27 Anna LA PORTA SUI

28 Alexia PAGANINI SUI

29 Guzide Irmak BAYIR TUR

30 Sinem KUYUCU TUR

PAIRS

1 Elizaveta ZHUK / Martin BIDAR CZE

2 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT GER

3 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL GER

4 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA

ICE DANCE

1 Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER CZE

2 Natacha LAGOUGE / Arnaud CAFFA FRA

3 Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN GER

4 Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL GBR

5 Hanna JAKUCS / Alessio GALLI HUN

6 Arianna WROBLEWSKA / Stephane WALKER SUI

7 Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV UKR

by Anonymousreply 218September 1, 2020 10:25 PM

R213 I don’t really enjoy Hanyu’s skating because he has never overcome the wet noodle look as Dave Lease put it. His lines are very lacking, the arms incredibly flaily in any fast segment and the neck posture still horrendous.

Nathan‘s skating is mostly all about quads and the rest is just an add-on. I appreciate that he has developed his own spastic style and doesn’t skate the the same old music everybody does. But his lines and postures are lacking but I think it’s mostly because his physical built is not elegant at all.

I‘d rather watch Jason Brown who will probably never get a quad. But his lines, extension, spins, musicality and interpretation make watching him much much much more worthwhile than the watching Hanyu or Nathan.

by Anonymousreply 219September 1, 2020 11:41 PM

We're in agreement R219. Sometimes the lightweight skaters depend on inertia and it makes them look insubstantial on the ice. Jason is a fun skater to watch. Is Rohene Ward still doing his choreo?

by Anonymousreply 220September 2, 2020 1:34 AM

Jason and Patrick Chan always seem so heavy on the ice - like the opposite problem from noodly.

The right balance for me was Weir - also Takahashi and Kolyada. May not be consistent but my favorite skating style - smooth and still light enough.

by Anonymousreply 221September 2, 2020 12:44 PM

Takahashi is a gorgeous skater. I miss him. I appreciate Weir’s skills but his personality is so off putting.

by Anonymousreply 222September 2, 2020 3:57 PM

Johnny will be on Dancing With The Stars this season.

by Anonymousreply 223September 2, 2020 5:44 PM

The rhythm dance for Olympic season is two between "Urban Dance Rhythms" (such as hip hop, disco, swing, krump, popping, funk, etc.), jazz, reggae (reggaeton) and blues

by Anonymousreply 224September 3, 2020 8:58 PM

R222 Takahashi knew how to move and dance. The supposedly "hip hop" and "modern" shit Nathan Chen puts on the ice is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 225September 12, 2020 5:31 AM

R214 Jason Brown (0 quads) and top 10 skater for the last two seasons says Hello!

by Anonymousreply 226September 12, 2020 5:51 AM

Voronov announces retirement

by Anonymousreply 227September 12, 2020 8:24 AM

R219 Are you brave enough to post it on tapatalk's Yuzuru Hanyu and Other Figure Skating Talk ?

by Anonymousreply 228September 12, 2020 6:38 PM

R228 You're the psycho Polish troll who used to threaten death to anyone who criticized P/C in the early figure skating threads here. If you care so much about what Hanyu fans say, then go troll that forum yourself.

by Anonymousreply 229September 12, 2020 8:06 PM

Speaking of PC, anyone see them at IAm? They weren't in great shape, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 230September 12, 2020 8:13 PM

R229 Someone feels offended already.. Are you serious? Death?

by Anonymousreply 231September 12, 2020 8:16 PM

Russian Test Skates were today.

Kolyada had a great outing with a very pared down layout. Still a promising start. All the the other men sucked.

On the ladies side, the Russian bot farm is still thriving. They're already clearing out the old bots (the 15 year olds) to make way for the new ones before the old ones have gotten their boots wet.

by Anonymousreply 232September 12, 2020 8:21 PM

And R229 And I was not asking you. Yuzubots are everywhere, it seems. R219 is right, so must be a psycho, too. We know you love bully people, everywhere , you stalk and control every skating forum. Get off.

by Anonymousreply 233September 12, 2020 8:22 PM

R230 With Gabby's mental health issues, the Russians, and Didier's departure, I don't think Beijing gold is guaranteed for PC anymore.

by Anonymousreply 234September 12, 2020 8:23 PM

R233 Ah, you're starting to unravel already. LOL. Go scream at the Hanyu fans somewhere else, you Polish psycho.

by Anonymousreply 235September 12, 2020 8:27 PM

R234 Nothing is quaranteed, never.

by Anonymousreply 236September 12, 2020 8:29 PM

R236 Fine with me. They're getting boring and their tango sucks.

by Anonymousreply 237September 12, 2020 8:30 PM

R235 You are same gay who has been stalking me today on tapatalk ?And calling people out like mental case and daitrolls ? And you say about unraveling. Hypocrisy as its best. You are not normal. Sorry, but I would love to R219, not you.

by Anonymousreply 238September 12, 2020 8:37 PM

And I am not Polish, lol. Nice head case, I met.

by Anonymousreply 239September 12, 2020 8:39 PM

R238 Can you explain what you mean, more slowly, and in English?

We could use some polish jokes to clear the air:

Q: How did the Germans conquer Poland so fast?/A: They marched in backwards and the Polish thought they were leaving.

Q: How do you stop a Polish army on horseback?/A: Turn off the carousel.

Q: How do you know if a Polak has been using a computer?/A: There's whiteout on the screen.

Did you hear about the Polish family that froze to death outside a theater? They were waiting to see the movie "Closed for the Winter."

by Anonymousreply 240September 12, 2020 8:46 PM

R240 The troll isn't just psycho, but mentally retarded (I'd use a milder term, but her condition isn't mild). You really shouldn't bother with her.

Sounds familiar? Now you recognize offensive words in english? Now it sems you are racist , too. I didn't know yuzubots are racist.

by Anonymousreply 241September 12, 2020 8:50 PM

R233, R238, R241 I can't begin to understand why anyone would call you psycho and mentally retarded. Oh cruel, unjust world!

by Anonymousreply 242September 12, 2020 9:05 PM

R242 Another copycat? You know already that I am a psycho from those 3 posts. I didn't start it. This is a psycho answer R229 to my simple proposal to someone else, but somehow yuzybot got rabid and furious. You're doing the same thing what you do on tapatalk.

by Anonymousreply 243September 12, 2020 9:13 PM

French skaters training oversees withdrawn from Masters of France scheduled for 1-3 October

That leaves the entry list as

Men: Aymoz, Economides, Le May, Ponsart, Rols Joshua, Rols Xan, Siao, Tesson, Vauclin, Warren. Guests: Kerry (Australia), Lewton Brain (Monaco)

Ladies: Cagnon, Crozet, Faula, Froetscher, Glesser, Lopez, Maarouf, Mazzara, Piegad, Rouxel, Serna

Pair: HAMON Cléo / STREKALIN Denys, KERIVEN Coline / PIERRE Noël-Antoine, MENDOZA Camille / KOVALEV Pavel

Dance: GALYAVIEVA Adelina/THAURON Louis, LOPAREVA Evgeniia/BRISSAUD Geoffrey, LAGOUGE Natacha/CAFFA Arnaud

by Anonymousreply 244September 12, 2020 11:11 PM

R234 what do Gaby Daleman’s mental health issues have to do with P/C shot at Olympic gold?

by Anonymousreply 245September 13, 2020 7:42 AM

R245 He/she meant Gabriela Papadakis' mental issue

by Anonymousreply 246September 13, 2020 8:25 AM

R246 what's going on with Papadakis?

by Anonymousreply 247September 13, 2020 2:56 PM

R247 She has suffered from depression in the past. In a recent intervention in Lilah Fear's podcast, she said she often suffered from anxiety attacks in the last year

by Anonymousreply 248September 13, 2020 8:37 PM

According to TSL, P and/or C had COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 249September 14, 2020 12:41 AM

At the Russian Test Skate they had a 14 year old girl skate her long program to Bolero, so we've got that to look forward to.

by Anonymousreply 250September 14, 2020 4:18 AM

So that's why Cizeron almost died in the end. It was weird. But russians ice dancers Stepanova and Nikita and a few single skaters having injuries at the same time and going to Germany is weird as well.

by Anonymousreply 251September 14, 2020 10:57 AM

I hope Gabriella gets help. After what happened to Alexandrovkaya, mental health is no joke.

by Anonymousreply 252September 14, 2020 12:28 PM

Skating has become so ho-hum post 2010. For me anyway.

by Anonymousreply 253September 15, 2020 11:48 PM

Evgenia Medvedeva just switched back to her former Russian coach Eteri Tutberidze, leaving Brian Orser and Canada (which she couldn't fly into anyway, since March).

Why would Eteri want a has-been? This is good for Brian though. She was toxic up there.

by Anonymousreply 254September 16, 2020 9:14 PM

Vladimir Morozov (of Tarasova/Morozov) has tested positive to Covid

Shpilevaya/Smirnov have apparently split. She had Covid and was hospitalized. When she resumed ice training, she immediately got injured and a fast recovery is not expected. She took down her original post though

by Anonymousreply 255September 16, 2020 10:34 PM

R254, what was going on with Evgenia at the TCC? I hadn't heard of any problems and am fascinated now.

by Anonymousreply 256September 16, 2020 10:40 PM

When is the ISU expected to decide whether there will be a Grand Prix season?

by Anonymousreply 257September 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Brian said she had never trained by herself before and needed a lot of handholding. He mentioned hours-long phone calls late at night when she'd call him to talk everything through - her fears, hopes, yada yada. A real mess.

She took so much of his time, it's probably why he lost his golden child (well, the younger of his golden children) - Stephen Gogolev, who Brian had groomed since early childhood and he had like all the quads by age 12 or something -- he and his family got mad at not getting Brian's time any more and he left to go work with Nathan Chen's coach Rafael Aryutyunian or however you spell it. Ouch!!

Brian was an idiot to take Med - who had annoyed Hanyu so much. Supposedly he took her on Javier Fernandez advice. (a lesson to be learned: don't take advice but cute but dumb twinks)

by Anonymousreply 258September 17, 2020 1:27 AM

* advice OF cute dumb twinks

by Anonymousreply 259September 17, 2020 1:29 AM

R257 - I thought they'd already decided to do the grand prix in a scaled down version. Each country would only take either its own citizens or those who were in their countries working with coaches there. In the case of France, I think Europeans, like Lambiel's students in Switzerland, could compete there.

So Med was doubly an idiot for leaving Canada where she would have had a great chance at Skate Canada - I mean, who else have they got? Gabby Dalemess? So now she'll get to compete with Eteri's and Plush's prodigies at Rostelecom - good luck on that. If Koreans don't go to China, I don't see much of a GP there either, but we'll see. Japan could put on a good one with their own skaters - the US will do ok I guess - and Russia of course. France, China, and Canada (esp women) - not so much.

by Anonymousreply 260September 17, 2020 1:34 AM

I hope Satoko tears it up at Skate Canada (Rika's due to go to Orser's place but don't know if she can get over there and quarantined in time - she could do great at IdF so maybe she'll stay with Stephane - but she recently said she's still moving to TCC - another thing that makes it great the Med's out)

by Anonymousreply 261September 17, 2020 1:36 AM

"Jason and Patrick Chan always seem so heavy on the ice - like the opposite problem from noodly."

Huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 19, 2020 4:00 PM

R260 She couldn’t afford staying in Canada

by Anonymousreply 263September 20, 2020 5:49 PM

The new season officially began today with Men SP at Nebelhorn Trophy, in Germany.

1) Paul Fentz 81.86

2) Gabriele Frangipani 79.13

3) Matteo Rizzo 77.15

4) Maurizio Zandron 74.61

5) Denis Vasiljevs 73.25

6) Nikolaj Majorov 72.54

7) Mihhail Selevko 71.59

8) Alexksander Seleveko 69.92

9) Ivan Shmuratko 69.42

10) Buruk Demirboga 66.70

11) Lukas Britschgi 66.63

12) Kai Jagoda 65.32

13) Graham Newberry 62.84

14) Nurullah Sahaka 60.92 15) Valter Virtnanen 57.42

16) Noah Bodenstein 53.62

17) Thomas Stoll 51.80

by Anonymousreply 264September 24, 2020 2:12 PM

Ladies SP

1) Alexia Paganini 63.60

2) Nicole Schott 61.21

3) Eva Lotta Kiibus 60.49

Pair SP

1) Hase/Seegert 63.97

2) Hocke/Kunkel 60.55

3) Ghilardi/Ambrosini 58.32

by Anonymousreply 265September 24, 2020 10:39 PM

When is the Grand Prix expected to start?

by Anonymousreply 266September 24, 2020 10:48 PM

Nebelhorn has 17 men and 3 women?

by Anonymousreply 267September 24, 2020 11:40 PM

R267 22 women. I got bored to type all of them. Some scored less than 40 points

Pair were 6. #4 Hamon/Strekalin #5 Bidar and the new girl he now skates with #6 another French pair

by Anonymousreply 268September 25, 2020 12:55 PM

R266 they delayed again the announcement of GP assignments. Skate America is supposed to start on 23 October.

by Anonymousreply 269September 25, 2020 12:56 PM

Vasljevs jumped a quad and won Nebelhorn Trophy (233.08 points). Gabriele Frangipani was second (231.65) and Nikolaj Majorov (218.07). Maurizio Zandron sit in 4th (217.65). Matteo Rizzo 5th (214.14) while Paul Fentz collpased to 6th (212.25)

Hase/Seegert withdrew before Pair FS. Rebecca Ghilardi/FIlippo Ambrosini won the event with 154.61 and a fall and a time violation and an invalid lift.

Taschelerova/Taschler siblings are leading after Rhythm Dance with 64.28 points followed by Popova/Byelikov (61.55)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 25, 2020 7:25 PM

Vasjlievs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 25, 2020 7:25 PM

Frangipani

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 25, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote]they delayed again the announcement of GP assignments.

I wonder if the skaters already know what their assignments are. Eg. Gilles & Poirier seem to be training for Skate Canada, based on their Instagram posts lately.

by Anonymousreply 273September 25, 2020 9:48 PM

R373 I think they more or less know given most events will mainly include only skaters from the organizing Fed. Joseph Phan said his next competition is Skate Canada.

I suppose French GP is the one more "international". And Rostelecom Cup if you count all Russians representing former Soviet republics.

I am not sure NHK can even organize Pair and Dance events.

by Anonymousreply 274September 25, 2020 10:00 PM

Will Koreans go to China or Japan?

by Anonymousreply 275September 26, 2020 2:50 AM

I also wonder how many skaters there will be per GP. If they go down to 1 assignment per skater (I don't know but because of travel restrictions and quarantines, some could struggle to be able to travel to 2 GPs), the total number of skaters could go down unless they add more localish low skaters.

I would have simply canceled the GP Final. However, they said they were trying to come up with a qualification system. The events will be totally unbalanced. Think about Ice Dance at Skate Canada with possibly all Gadbois.

by Anonymousreply 276September 26, 2020 8:38 AM

No spectators at Skate America. Too bad, Las Vegas rooms are dirt cheap RN, of course.

by Anonymousreply 277September 27, 2020 4:45 AM

Ladies looked a bit off in the FS at Nebelhorn. The consequences of missed training was more visible in the long program

Kiibus from Estonia won (173.53). Paganini and Saarinen followed. Schott fell off the podium.

Better scores (relative to their previous standards) in Ice Dance. The Taschler siblings won with their new best score (163.62). They have a new FS: Piazzola's tangos.

British Fear/Waddell (well, he is Canadian) transitioned well into Seniors. It was their first Senior competition and they got 151.43. They beated Popova/Byelikov who scored only 148.60

A French duo I didn't know, Lagouge/Caffa, scored 143.29 (previosuly they had a personal best 138 from 2018)

by Anonymousreply 278September 27, 2020 8:19 AM

In an unsurprising turn of events, James/Cipres announce retirement

by Anonymousreply 279September 29, 2020 1:36 PM

Cipres needs to do the right thing and release those dick pics so we can understand the long and short of the story.

by Anonymousreply 280September 29, 2020 3:59 PM

If you want to have a laugh, here is the GP assignments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 1, 2020 3:48 PM

Men ,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282October 1, 2020 3:48 PM

Japan didn't bother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 1, 2020 3:48 PM

Ice Dance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 1, 2020 3:50 PM

Ice Dance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 1, 2020 3:50 PM

This is an epic mess.

by Anonymousreply 286October 1, 2020 4:33 PM

In other news, Plushenko and his wife announce the birth of their son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287October 1, 2020 9:04 PM

He’s gonna be ugly like Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 288October 2, 2020 3:59 PM

R288 Or fresh and gorgeous like Mama, who is 40ish but looks 22.

by Anonymousreply 289October 2, 2020 4:03 PM

r287 Was it an anchor baby, trash russians need to have their kids in their own countries.

by Anonymousreply 290October 3, 2020 6:08 AM

Canadian pair coach Richard Gauthier is accused of sexual harassment. The events allegedly took place in early 80s. The boy accusing him was coached by him from when he was 11 to when he was 19.

by Anonymousreply 291October 3, 2020 4:11 PM

Wow. Another one. What happened with Richard Callaghan? I heard that he was being investigated too. Others knew what was going on, including some of the fellow coaches. So afraid to lose revenue from parents who'd be appalled to know what was going on...

by Anonymousreply 292October 3, 2020 4:16 PM

Plush and wife used a surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 293October 3, 2020 4:48 PM

Coach Richard Gauthier was formally suspended by Skate Canada on Friday

Three counts are brought against Mr. Gauthier, including that of having sexually assaulted a male victim, between January 5, 1983 and April 7, 1985, in Montreal, of having committed an act of gross indecency between months of April 1981 and 1985 against this same person, and finally, of having attacked the modesty of the victim between April 1981 and January 1983.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294October 4, 2020 5:13 AM

Sort of coming out for Aymoz?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 13, 2020 10:30 AM

Skate Canada International in Ottawa cancelled as COVID-19 cases rise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 15, 2020 8:25 AM

Budapest Trophy (Challenger Series) starts this afternoon with the men SP. Daniel Grassl is the favourite in that field

by Anonymousreply 297October 15, 2020 9:04 AM

Budapest Trophy concluded today

MEN (11 competitors)

1) Daniel Grassl (Italy) 233.04

2) Burak Demirboga (Turkey) 213.39

3) Aleksander Selevko (Estonia) 204.88

4) Basar Oktar (Turkey) 202.17

5) Maurizio Zandron (Italy) 200.80

6) Ivan Shmuratko (Ukraine) 200.74

LADIES (13 entries)

1) Loena Hendrickx (Belgium) 198.87 (her first competition in 2 years)

2) Eva Lotta Kiibus (Estonia) 184.27

3) Alexandra Feigin (Bulgaria) 172.68

4) Julia Lang (Hungary) 166.55

5) Dasa Grm (Slovenia) 152.07

6) Ivet Toth (Hungary) 146.66

ICE DANCE (only 3 entries)

1) Alexandra Nazarova/Maksim Nikitin (Ukraine) 178.97

2) Khatarina Mueller/Tim Dieck (Germany) 164.99

3) Sarah Fear/George Waddell (Great Britain) 152.34

by Anonymousreply 298October 17, 2020 7:43 PM

*Zandron is now Austria

by Anonymousreply 299October 17, 2020 7:44 PM

These lists are tragic.

by Anonymousreply 300October 18, 2020 2:37 AM

The only international competitions not currently cancelled are some European B events full of random mediocre skaters. Next one is Minsk.

by Anonymousreply 301October 18, 2020 8:36 AM

Ah, there is Skate America this weekend. Some top names and the rest of the line up is tragic

Messing, Bychenko, Samohin, Chen, Hiwatashi, Kang, Krasnozhon, Ma, Malinin, Naumov, Pulkinen, Zhou

Lin, Andrews, Bell, Karen Chen, Glenn, Gold, Hawk, Kalyan, Rydberg, Shin, Tennell, Venetta

Vernikov/Krasnapolski, Cain/LeDuc, Calagang/Johnson, Chan/Howe, Kayne/OShea, Lu/Mitrofanov, Knierim/Frazier, Serafini/Tran

Monaghan/Fourati, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Cesanek/Yehorov, Green/Parsons, Hawayek/Baker, Hubbell/Donohue, McNamara/Spiridonov, Pate/Bye

by Anonymousreply 302October 19, 2020 9:45 AM

What did you expect? Grand prixes always loked like that. Some good names and the weaker rest of them. Stop nagging on eveything,

by Anonymousreply 303October 19, 2020 4:09 PM

I didn't except anything more because obviously this Grand Prix season is not a proper GP season. So they can just work with what they have (skaters based on the country hosting the event and few neighbourhood countries at best). Indeed, these events won't give world standing points, won't count for season best, GPF is postponed to an unknown date.

Thsi year the "weaker rest of them" are people who would struggle to be assigned to a Challenger event

by Anonymousreply 304October 19, 2020 7:39 PM

Internationaux de France cancelled

by Anonymousreply 305October 19, 2020 7:43 PM

Just do them without audiences. Isn’t that where the coronavirus is most spreadable? In crowds? The skaters themselves have a better chance to practice social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 306October 21, 2020 4:16 PM

sKATE merica is on NBCSN

by Anonymousreply 307October 24, 2020 1:26 AM

Oh Gosh, I thought it was starting on Saturday and I forgot to watch it

Bell and Tennell leading Ladies. Gold last with 48 points (and consider this is not an international panel but with only US judges)

Chen way ahead of everybody else in Men (111). Zhou second (99) and Messing third (92).

Knierim/Frazier leading Pairs. Calalang/Johnson second. Cain/LeDuc are behind Lu/Mitrofanov. Kayne/OShea scored below 60.

Hubbell/Donohue 85.30 Howayek/Baker 81.15 Carrerain/Ponomarenko 78.63 Green/Parsons 74.98

by Anonymousreply 308October 24, 2020 8:27 AM

I assumed Nathan Chen was gay (he certainly SOUNDS gay, and has a bit of a lisp) but he says he's straight and after finished at Yale he wants to go to medical school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309October 24, 2020 9:17 AM

R309 all those things are well known since like 2 years. He probably picked up gayvoice by hanging out with all those gays in US figure skating from an early age.

by Anonymousreply 310October 24, 2020 10:06 AM

Chen gives me absolutely no gay vibes at all.

by Anonymousreply 311October 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Audrey Shin was pretty decent

by Anonymousreply 312October 24, 2020 10:33 PM

lol at the cardboard cutouts. They even had a couple of dogs in the audience. Only in Vegas baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313October 24, 2020 10:50 PM

1 Mariah BELL, USA 1 76.48 4 136.25 212.73

2 Bradie TENNELL, USA 2 73.29 1 137.78 211.07

3 Audrey SHIN, USA 3 69.77 3 136.38 206.15

4 Karen CHEN, USA 4 68.13 2 136.77 204.90

5 Amber GLENN, USA 5 67.85 6 122.24 190.09

6 Shan LIN, CHN 7 59.29 5 122.82 182.11

7 Paige RYDBERG, USA 6 63.91 8 114.22 178.13

8 Starr ANDREWS, USA 10 57.20 7 114.50 171.70

9 Sierra VENETTA, USA 8 59.28 9 111.44 170.72

10 Pooja KALYAN, USA 11 55.50 10 103.45 158.95

11 Finley HAWK, USA 9 59.12 11 95.13 154.25

12 Gracie GOLD, USA 12 46.36 12 81.46 127.82

___

1 Nathan CHEN, USA 1 111.17 1 187.98 299.15

2 Vincent ZHOU, USA 2 99.36 2 175.74 275.10

3 Keegan MESSING, CAN 3 92.40 3 174.02 266.42

4 Tomoki HIWATASHI, USA 4 87.17 4 158.13 245.30

5 Ilia MALININ, USA 7 76.75 5 143.56 220.31

6 Alexei BYCHENKO, ISR 6 77.48 8 137.14 214.62

7 Alexei KRASNOZHON, USA 5 78.06 9 136.55 214.61

8 Maxim NAUMOV, USA 8 70.91 6 143.36 214.27

9 Camden PULKINEN, USA 9 69.09 7 138.73 207.82

10 Jimmy MA, USA 11 63.36 10 133.62 196.98

11 Joseph KANG, USA 10 68.08 11 124.29 192.37

12 Daniel SAMOHIN, ISR 12 61.60 12 122.94 184.54

___

1 Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Brandon FRAZIER, USA 1 74.19 1 140.58 214.77

2 Jessica CALALANG / Brian JOHNSON, USA 2 71.08 2 136.32 207.40

3 Audrey LU / Misha MITROFANOV, USA 3 67.52 4 122.13 189.65

4 Ashley CAIN-GRIBBLE / Timothy LEDUC, USA 4 64.21 3 125.02 189.23

5 Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA, USA 5 59.86 5 114.49 174.35

6 Olivia SERAFINI / Mervin TRAN, USA 6 59.67 6 108.40 168.07

7 Emily CHAN / Spencer Akira HOWE, USA 7 55.58 8 95.57 151.15

8 Anna VERNIKOV / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI, ISR 8 48.23 7 97.89 146.12

___

1 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE, USA 1 85.30 1 126.09 211.39

2 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER, USA 2 81.15 2 121.32 202.47

3 Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO, USA 3 78.63 3 107.15 185.78

4 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS, USA 4 74.98 4 103.07 178.05

5 Molly CESANEK / Yehor YEHOROV, USA 5 66.01 5 102.08 168.09

6 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Anton SPIRIDONOV, USA 6 63.50 6 96.39 159.89

7 Eva PATE / Logan BYE, USA 7 59.61 7 91.79 151.40

8 Emily MONAGHAN / Ilias FOURATI, HUN 8 54.88 8 72.82 127.70

by Anonymousreply 314October 25, 2020 9:06 AM

R314 thanks, why wasn’t Alisa Liu there?

by Anonymousreply 315October 25, 2020 10:40 AM

R315 She is not age eligible yet. To compete as senior in ISU competitions this season you need be born before 1 July 2005. She was born in August 2005. So she will move up next season

by Anonymousreply 316October 25, 2020 12:03 PM

Nathan seems very straight. That boy can out and out skate.

by Anonymousreply 317October 25, 2020 6:33 PM

Alex Shibutani has a girlfriend. And I was SO sure he was gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318October 25, 2020 10:40 PM

After the abomination that was Skate America, the Grand Prix should be completely cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 319October 25, 2020 10:51 PM

R319 Agreed. Men's was a snooze fest. Chen's new programs suck, especially that FS. I like Brown's new programs, but he wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 320October 25, 2020 10:54 PM

R318 This is HeShib's second known coupling after his sister. The first was some Broadway dancer.

by Anonymousreply 321October 25, 2020 10:55 PM

Scott Hamilton and Kurt Browning both have said that men in figure skating definitely pick up a lot of female mannerisms because the sport is so women dominated. Sort of like how manly female basketball players are. A lot of them are lesbian, but many are hetero.

by Anonymousreply 322October 29, 2020 8:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!