Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ignoring Threads & Removing Watched Threads

Are either of these functions working for you? Neither has worked for me for at least a month, I think. TIA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2020 9:25 PM

works fine for me, so much nicer when you can just x out all the meghan loons

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 3:09 PM

Ignoring threads seems to be working, but not unfollowing threads (column on the right).

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 3:11 PM

Unfollowed threads keep coming back. I THINK ignored threads are staying ignored, but it's hard to tell. I only ignore threads about the British Royal Family, but every time I block one, three more pop up, so it's difficult to keep track.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 3:14 PM

Right now neither is working.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 3:18 PM

I never ignore threads. I'm not that sensitive or touchy. But removing watched threads works at times and doesn't work at other times. No rhyme or reason.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 3:26 PM

R5, some people ignore threads because it makes scrolling through all the threads faster. You ignore something you're not interested just once, and it never takes up space again.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 3:32 PM

who has time to scroll through 50 threads from the racist cunts hating on meghan and harry?

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 3:55 PM

Removing watched threads works.

Ignoring threads works for for the moment, but when I switch from laptop to phone (or is it vice versa? or both? or reload?) the ignored thread instructions are lost.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 9:04 PM

If you ignore a thread and then refresh, it's no longer ignored.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2020 3:52 PM

I only ignore nitpicking threads like this: useless and pointless without any entertaining values.

//IGNORE

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2020 3:56 PM

R10, how are you able to ignore, if it's not working properly? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2020 4:00 PM

I was successful in blocking a slew of threads today! This comes after 7-8 mos of the feature failing. I'm not quite sure why it is working again, but the ignored threads show up as blocked.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2020 4:00 PM

Darn, still not working for me.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2020 4:04 PM

All the Bernie Bro's disappeared at once. The trolls are determined to keep the impeachment news off the top threads.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote]removing watched threads works at times and doesn't work at other times. No rhyme or reason.

Sometimes I just fucking need to do something for ME!

I'd tell you it's not personal, but shit, it really is.

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote]I'm not that sensitive or touchy.

Nothing to do with it. Simple uncluttering. Getting rid of the constant threads you are uninterested in makes scrolling for the ones you are interested in faster. No one has time to go through 25 Harry and Meghan or Bernie threads. I sent all IG ho, fan or hater obsessed threads, soaps, Broadway, Matt or Poo Shoes etc. to ignore.

I have noticed that the ones who bitch about people doing it are the perpretrators of those threads the majority of the time.

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2020 4:38 PM

Believing that r12 might possibly be truthing, I blocked some threads. When I left, I had 9 threads blocked. When I came back and refreshed the page, I had zero threads blocked. R12 was not truthing.

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2020 9:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!