Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hustlers - did you like the plot?

I watched it last night and wondered what You guys and gals thought about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2020 2:37 AM

its based on a true story, plot was kind of baked in

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 12:46 AM

Jennifer Lopez should have stuck with her actual goal of being a Playboy playmate, and we would be spared all this "Aren't I sexy?" acting nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 12:52 AM

I enjoyed it and thought JLo did a decent job. I also liked The Meddler and Seeking A Friend which Lorene directed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 5:33 AM

I think Jlo did an excellent job. The movie was much better than I’d expected.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 5:37 AM

I wish there was more about Ramona’s back story.

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2020 12:23 AM

I like movies about strippers so I plan on watching it

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2020 12:26 AM

What not to love about whores drugging people and stealing their money?

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2020 12:32 AM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2020 12:36 AM

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It certainly wasn't Oscar worthy. A fun movie to watch on demand, but not something you should pay to see in theaters. J-Lo mediocre, as she always is, but maybe that's just because I'm not impressed by her portraying a stripper considering she's been preparing for the role for almost as long as I've been alive. It's a fun popcorn movie to watch if you're bored, but no, nothing about it is exceptional or award worthy.

by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2020 12:51 AM

I'm still confused, what about J-Lo's performance in this do people find award worthy? What exceptional feats of acting do people think she performed?

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2020 12:52 AM

r10: She shook her ass and swung on a pole all while being 50 and gave some speech about screwing over the rich because they screwed over the little guy. That's it. That's the depth of her performance. That's what her delusional fans thought was Oscar-worthy. Wu's character has the most depth and even that wasn't much.

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2020 2:07 AM

R11 So people think she deserves an Oscar for playing Robin Hood? Then where the hell is my Academy Award?!?! J-Lo didn't even have to suck Guy Ritchie off to get the role!

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2020 2:11 AM

It was fun, nothing deep.

by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2020 2:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!