Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Black student found racist drawing of stick figure with noose and his name in locker room

I’m so sick of this!!! Seriously I am infuriated by all this. White people are out of control these days. It is becoming too much for me and some I know. It is just so disheartening that there has been so little growth within white people. They’re truly the worst type of people. Devils with blue eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2020 8:59 AM

Well somebody needs to pay more attention in art class!

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 8:00 PM

Jussie

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 8:00 PM

How many days until this is revealed to be a hoax?

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote] It is just so disheartening that there has been so little growth within white people. They’re truly the worst type of people. Devils with blue eyes.

That's the proper way to combat with racism!

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 8:02 PM

Trolls, trolls, trolling as the election gets closer.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 8:04 PM

I'm sorry but that drawing is unintentionally hilarious. Like whoever drew it couldn't just go with the implication that the hanging man is the black student, they had to write his name and have an arrow pointing at the stick figure.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 9:08 PM

This will be disproved in 1....2....3......

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 9:37 PM

He did it.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 10:01 PM

Black people think they're always the only minority victim. That could be an Indian or maybe a Chinaman.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 10:01 PM

R9 ITS WRONG EITHER WAY MORON

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 10:09 PM

Hoax. No doubt he's the target of racism but this does not look like the kind of thing an actual racist would do.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 10:11 PM

[quote]How many days until this is revealed to be a hoax?

I am afraid that was the first thing I thought. I am a little ashamed of myself. On a related note, why are so many hoaxes perpetrated by the LGBT community?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 10:15 PM

I think it is potentially a hoax because most racist incidents are more subtle to give the perpetrator deniability.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 10:20 PM

The noose is not actually around his neck. It looks more like the artist is trying to pull Jace's wig off.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 10:34 PM

What are they teaching kids in school? Who the fuck hangs someone from the TOP of their head?

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 10:34 PM

Lol. Get out of my head R14!

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 10:35 PM

SURE, JANIKA.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 10:36 PM

That drawing is hilarious. I have never seen something so badly drawn by anyone over 5. How old are these kids? Preschool?

If he had any shame, people would just have to go on never knowing of his racism, out of his justifiable humiliation at having to demonstrate it with this ridiculously poor drawing. Emojis are like the Mona Lisa in comparison to these childish scrawls.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2020 10:43 PM

This doesn’t scream “hoax” to me. Sounds like Jace was at an away game and the drawing was hanging outside the visitors’ locker room. He probably would have entered it at the same time as all his teammates. They probably arrived on a bus. Also, the lameness of the drawing makes me think someone did it quickly without thinking through the implications. I’m not trying to diminish it or suggest the perpetrator isn’t “that” racist. Just that they might not have realized the consequences.

In the article his mom says he was subjected to chants of “hang Jace” at a previous game, which suggests to me that he was known to the rival team, maybe because he is a good player and/or easily identifiable as the only non-white player.

It’s sad that there are so many hoaxes that people now immediately assume hoax. I did too, before I read the article. Of course, it’s POSSIBLE it’s a hoax. But looking just at this incident, I see nothing that suggests that.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2020 10:57 PM

Thanks for reading the article r19. I didn't and don't plan to but your explanation made sense. Still I wonder. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote]maybe because he is a good player and/or easily identifiable as the only non-white player.

Gee, I wonder how someone would easily identify him as the only non-white player. Hmmmmmm. Let me think. I guess, uh, LOOKING at him.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 11:01 PM

On the whole, there’s been a lot of growth in white people in my lifetime. Yes, we are backsliding some at the moment, but I don’t think the future lies with the Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 11:06 PM

So there a grammar error at r19? I see how it could be a little ambiguous, but I think the context makes it clear - because he is the only non-white player, he is easily identifiable.

How should the sentence read?

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 11:25 PM

Kill them all.

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2020 1:35 AM

I am black and prefer whites to my own kind. Just different strokes for different folks I guess. I still like black people, but not ask much as white people. Don't reply that I am self hating, because I am not.

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2020 1:50 AM

No. But you aren’t black either r25. A white dude trying to start shit

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2020 1:59 AM

Clarence Thomas is that you?

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2020 6:27 AM

[quote] because he is the only non-white player, he is easily identifiable.

That would be good.

[quote]How should the sentence read?

To make it less ambiguous, I would write:

[quote] maybe because he is a good player[bold].[/bold] Or because he’s the only non-white player.

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2020 8:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!