Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michelle Carter released from prison

Michelle Carter, the girl who was convicted for manslaughter after sending text messages practically demanding her boyfriend commit suicide, was released from prison today. She was released 4 months early on good behavior, being described as a "model inmate." So what do you think is next for Michelle now that she has her freedom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2020 4:32 PM

If she went to jail, then everyone who bullied Wilson Gavin to suicide should get the chair.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 4:34 PM

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 4:37 PM

The Meghan Trolls are following this case very closely.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 4:39 PM

She'll become a customer service representative for Comcast.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 4:39 PM

Shell become an influencer with lots of endorsement deals.

America, yay.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 4:41 PM

Marrying another guy. Poisoning him and his daughter, screwing the pool boy.

The usual.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 4:51 PM

What she did was terrible but I do think there is an inconsistency in the way these things are handled. I have read about far worse cyber bullying cases (and face to face bullying ) that never go prosecuted. Is what she did worse than a school administrator watching as a 12 year old is bullied until he hangs himself? Or the people who harass a private person nonstop who is only marginally in the public eye (someone filmed in a viral video or on YouTube or something ) ? I'm not convinced.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 4:52 PM

She will prob marry well and pop out a few kids and live a very normal boring life

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 4:52 PM

She must go immediately to a proper professional and address the eyebrow situation.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 4:55 PM

She'll start posting on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 4:57 PM

She looks like she could be a Culkin kid.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 4:59 PM

She looks like a James Bond villain.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 5:12 PM

R1 Fuck off, Matt

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 5:13 PM

R7, inconsistency in handling because jurisdictions vary.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 5:20 PM

R2 Has it right. This is one truly sick, and highly manipulative individual. From the detailed things she suggested, to the misuse of her power she wielded over him, and knowing how vulnerable he was, she ought to have spent more time away from society. She showed no remorse at trial, and exhibited no emotion. I believe she's a massive psychopath. The lad was so sweet and gentle. (cute too)

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote]Is what she did worse than a school administrator watching as a 12 year old is bullied until he hangs himself?

Uh, yes, dipshit. She told him to kill himself multiple times, including when he was literally gassing himself and having second thoughts about it, she called him a coward and told him to go back into the car and finish himself off.

WTF is your point, anyway? You’re posting like a know-it-all, yet you don’t grasp the basic facts of the case.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 5:23 PM

The eyebrows made her do it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 5:28 PM

Nasty little cunt better watch her back. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the victim’s friends or family members try to take her out.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2020 5:32 PM

"She told him to kill himself multiple times, including when he was literally gassing himself and having second thoughts about it, she called him a coward and told him to go back into the car and finish himself off."

He wasn't forced to obey her. He could have said "no" - he CHOSE to commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2020 5:35 PM

R16 Get a fucking grip. Obviously what she did was inexcusable and I am not sympathetic towards Carter . But there have been many cases of barely adolescent kids being told many times by classmates to kill themselves until they finally do, basically harassed to the point of breaking point in full sight of teachers and administrators and no one is held accountable. How is that any less terrible than what Carter did? It's not a defense of Carter to say that public outrage (and legal accountability ) is not consistent.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2020 5:47 PM

R20 I shall add a few stark differences,if I may... though I'm not R16. (I did however W/W his post). The main difference is she wasn't a rando bully, she was his cold-hearted WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Psycopath) GIRLFRIEND.

She knew Conrad was depressed, (and knew he had attempted it before). He idolised her, and was constantly looking to her for reassurances. She not only encouraged him to suicide, and not only gave suggestions on how to go about it, but also shamed him as being "too weak to get the job done"... (something close to that, not verbatim) This isn't quite on par with a school bully or internet troll hurling an epithet, and muttering or typing "why don't you kill yourself?"

She badgered him when his depression would lift, and continued to encouraged him, asking aren't you still going to do it? I think you should do it. This cunt was no friend to him, let alone a girlfriend. His mum had doubted she was even capable of having the same feelings for him. She took advantage of him in several ways, and I think she enjoyed his suffering, and suicide. Totally different dynamic really. She's inhuman, a rubbish person.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 6:06 PM

Can someone slip her Trump’s number?

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 6:13 PM

R20, you should probably get some therapy for the bullying you endured in high school.

This case is far worse, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 6:14 PM

A punch in the face?

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2020 6:31 PM

She will probably be voted in as our next president...Americans prefer amoral assholes.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2020 6:34 PM

She'd make a great motivational speaker.

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2020 6:37 PM

Legally they shouldn’t have been able to prosecute this case. It’s beyond a slippery slope. The individual that killed himself had free will. He chose to do it and chose to listen to her. The last thing we need is a nanny government and country. Every person who’s ever told someone to drop dead and the person does it could now end up in jail. This is where it’s a slippery slope. The majority of DL would be prosecuted for the shit they say about people. I think she’s a horrible person and a sociopath but what she did is not legally a crime. She didn’t take a weapon and physically murder him. What she did would actually be protected under the First Amendment. Are we going to prosecute web sites that tell people how people commit suicide and then a person who reads it decides to off themselves? We have free will regardless.

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2020 6:44 PM

What if he were standing on a ledge, high above the city....say on the 12th floor. And she started yelling JUMP your motherfucker, END it your spineless bitchboy, It's too late to turn back now!!!

How is that not a crime? She encouraged him when he was in the act of killing himself. She aided his death. That said, it's not murder or even manslaughter. Her sentence seemed reasonable to me. And others deserve this punishment too. Not for discussing suicide on the web or telling strangers to "kill themselves." People know what's right or not. Don't defend your right to encourage people to commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2020 6:54 PM

R28, it would be in New York.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2020 8:27 PM

She'll go to college, get a job, get married, have a kid...the usual. She should have spent a much longer time in prison. She got off easy.

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2020 8:29 PM

I’ll text her a mazel tov emoji.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2020 8:35 PM

14 years ago (back in the Myspace era), there was a notorious case in my hometown where an ugly, fat Fraucunt named Lori Drew made a fake Myspace profile of a cute 16-year-old boy named "Josh" to befriend and catfish a lonely, depressed 13-year-old girl.

The depressed 13-year-old was a former friend of the fat Fraucunt's own daughter, and the girl's family lived a few houses down from them. It's also worth noting that the girl's mother was much thinner and more attractive than the fat Fraucunt.

As "Josh," the fat Fraucunt pretended to be interested in the girl but then suddenly "broke up" with her and started sending her verbally abusive messages and telling her to kill herself, which she eventually did.

There were no legal consequences for the fat Fraucunt (but as a result of neighborhood "pitchfork justice" her family ended up having to move and she had to quit her job).

Seems pretty fucked-up that a 17-year-old minor was punished for convincing an 18-year-old legal adult to kill himself, but some middle-aged bitch who convinced a 13-year-old CHILD to kill herself wasn't?

You can make the argument that since Michelle was the guy's girlfriend she had special influence over him, but remember that the fictional "Josh" character befriended and showed romantic interest in the 13-year-old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2020 11:04 PM

She will be made chair of the RNC.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2020 11:14 PM

I wish both Dylan of Noodles and Beef and her would be cast in Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote] If she went to jail, then everyone who bullied Wilson Gavin to suicide should get the chair.

Not remotely a similar situation, freako.

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2020 11:29 PM

Video of Conrad Roy, the person who committed suicide

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2020 11:37 PM

Whether she was well behaved in the pokie or not the cunt needed two years added on for eyebrows against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2020 12:19 AM

R32 They made a Lifetime film of that very story; it was really good.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2020 7:14 AM

R33 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2020 7:25 AM

R32 I don't think anyone really CAN make similar arguments for an "online" mysterious secret admirer. It isn't quite the same construct when two people know each other for years, and share intimacy IRL.

Carter used knowledge of his insecurities in an underhanded way. She also knew about his mental health history. The other story had none of that. Furthermore, you left out the most important part. The frau's motive was to settle a score with the teen's mother. She was picked to cause the mother pain. Carter on the other hand was sadistic and betrayed his confidence, trust, and love. An online acquaintance doesn't quite rise to that occasion, as there exists no real relationship.

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2020 7:36 AM

[quote]Carter used knowledge of his insecurities in an underhanded way. She also knew about his mental health history

You don't think that the fat Fraucunt was fully aware of the 13-year-old girl's history of struggling with depression and low self-esteem? The girl and the daughter of the Frau were once best friends before they had a falling out (not unusual amongst girls that age). Creating the whole "Josh" persona and using it to cyber bully the girl was intended to be an act of revenge for supposedly spreading rumor about her daughter. This was a middle-aged cunt who insisted on getting involved in her daughter's jr. highschool drama, with lethal consequences.

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2020 7:48 AM

I paused the HBO special and read the text messages he sent her. Let's just say he wasn't an innocent angel. They were both fucked up in some weird fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2020 7:53 AM

He's not innocent. He's dead.

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2020 8:04 AM

R41 Remember, I saw the Lifetime film, and though both are bad, I don't see the exact level of culpability in both cases. Allowing someone to die, and having direct knowledge of it, and doing nothing to prevent it, or report it is different in my mind. She also gave him different directions on how to get "the job done".

It's a bit more sadistic and mysterious to me. I find Carter purely evil as well as sick, the frau, merely sick and irresponsible. She also maintained in her defence she really didn't believe the girl would follow through, whether we believe that or not is another thing.

Carter refused to speak on her behalf throughout the ordeal. It was eminently clear she did in fact want Conrad to follow through; hence the shaming when he had second thoughts. She also knew that Conrad felt she was out of his league looks-wise, was said to have wanted a rhinoplasty, thought he was ugly, and there was an imbalance of power in their respective social position as well. Conrad was from a working class background, and Carter lived a somewhat privileged lifestyle comparatively.

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2020 8:11 AM

It's not black and white.

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2020 8:39 AM

R45 No, it isn't that simple. I think most of these types are not safe to be free in society though. Many of them I can see doing it again. Perhaps they belong in a lockdown hospital for the mentally disturbed, rather than general prisons.

I think in Carter's case, had she expressed any real remorse, or showed emotions I might feel differently on account of her age. I favour them remaining under watch for longer spells myself. It's not so much as the principle of punishment, but more to protect the general population.

by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2020 8:48 AM

R38 What's the Lifetime movie called?

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2020 1:50 AM

R38 What's the Lifetime movie called?

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2020 1:50 AM

R32 Something similar happened to my sister, also in the Myspace era. She was a freshman in college and was befriended by a guy who claimed couple of years older than her, then it turned into a romantic relationship. It turns out it was some guy from a message board she was a member of, who was considerably older than her.

I've been keeping tabs on this guy for years. He now pretends to be a woman (not transgender, but a biological female) online and is friends with a bunch of Instagram girls who are young enough to be his daughter. My sister doesn't know.

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2020 1:55 AM

Thank god that jerk I told to take a long walk off a short pier didn't do it!

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2020 2:05 AM

Naturally, she'll work for Planned Parenthood and be a big Dem bundler and get an ambassador job if a dem president candidate ever wins again.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2020 2:10 AM

How do unpopular/notorious inmates survive in prison?

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2020 2:34 AM

The next White House press secretary?

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2020 2:58 AM

If Carter was gay and came out, he'd be so popular

by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2020 3:00 AM

I always wonder, if you knew your child, granddaughter, niece, friend etc. did something like that would you still support her? Does she still have a family, friends and support system after being released from prison? I don't think I would want someone like that in my life. She is a cold blooded killer and psychopath. What decent person would marry and start a family with her?

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2020 9:52 AM

R47/R48 Sorry, it's been so long, I can't recall. Try googling her name + story/film.

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2020 10:34 AM

[quote] She was a freshman in college and was befriended by a guy who claimed couple of years older than her, then it turned into a romantic relationship.

So she didn’t know he was older when their romantic relationship started?

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2020 11:29 AM

She’ll come out as trans.

by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2020 11:40 AM

[quote]She is a cold blooded killer and psychopath. What decent person would marry and start a family with her?

There's someone for everyone!

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2020 11:54 AM

She has potential, R10. She needs a mentor.

by Anonymousreply 60January 26, 2020 11:56 AM

Ya know a little of that goes a long way.

by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2020 12:02 PM

i fucking hate her and wish she were dead.

by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2020 12:11 PM

R58 I looked, but searching "Lori Drew Lifetime movie" just found results for the college admissions movie.

But, then I searched Megan Meier, and according to her Wiki page, her story was made into the ABC Family movie, Cyberbully.

by Anonymousreply 63January 26, 2020 1:52 PM

R63 I found it for you! [italic] Web of Lies [/italic] It was an ID production, but it aired on Lifetime. Sometimes they change the names of films they air from other outlets, so it may not show up easily if you try a search function on your cable or satellite service. Did you try through your box?

by Anonymousreply 64January 26, 2020 5:14 PM

These were teenagers who had a distance relationship and rarely met. I don't even think they hooked up sexually. From the text conversation, he verbally abused her and sent her a bunch of asshole texts. She initially tried to help him but then resigned to his idea. She never brought up suicide, he did.

Then she saw a way to profit from the attention and we'll, he was going to do it anyway, so what is the harm. She's obviously messed up, but so was he and the two of them together created this, because she's as sick as he is.

Parents need to monitor their teenage children more but obviously if the dad was abusing the boy then that's not happening.

by Anonymousreply 65January 26, 2020 5:34 PM

^Butbno, I don't play that whole splitting, this person is completely bad and this person is completely good game that people do when they react to news stories. I see the human in everyone and don't need to condemn someone with the mentality of a mob to know a behavior is bad.

by Anonymousreply 66January 26, 2020 5:37 PM

R65 back when this story first broke and there was a DL thread on it, someone else summed up the whole situation pretty well:

Two crazy, fucked-up people who managed to find each other.

She's a spath bitch, but if he didn't kill himself because of her, he would've done it for some other petty reason (fired from job, argued with parents, someone else convinced him to do it, who knows).

by Anonymousreply 67January 26, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote]She is a cold blooded killer and psychopath.

Oh, please. She's a bitchy mean girl and he was a drama queen attention whore. Welcome to humanity, you fragile little soul.

by Anonymousreply 68January 26, 2020 7:49 PM

R68 Why exactly do you label the poster you quoted as "fragile little soul"? Believing someone to be mentally ill, specifically a psycopath has absolutely nothing to do with being in a state of fragility IMHO. I think it's right, and I think it's fair we disagree with one another here on this forum, but I also think it weakens your opinion and authority on the matter when you insult him. (ad hominem attack)

Can you at least agree her blood runs cold? Just look at her.

by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2020 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!