Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"The Lodge" trailer

This looks quite grim, though it could go one of two ways in terms of predictability. I feel as though I essentially know what the outcome will be based on the general premise, but I'm always up for an atmospheric wintry horror film. I was taken aback to see that Alicia Silverstone makes a surprise appearance in the trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2020 2:47 AM

I just saw this - I’m shocked their isn’t a thread on this. It was fantastic. I’m surprised no ones talking about this since we have so many slow burn horror fans here, and it stars DL Fave Richard Armitage.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2020 1:48 AM

"The Dodge"?

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2020 5:11 AM

R1 I was kind of surprised too; I'm OP who started the thread, which quickly sank until you commented. It hasn't gotten much publicity compared to other genre films out at the moment, but I saw it last week and thought it was exceptionally well-made. The sound design was terrifying and there were a few moments that made me truly jump. Riley Keough's performance was also fantastic in this. A very disturbing, dour, but well-made film.

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2020 5:37 AM

Just a warning. Alicia Silverstein is barely in the film.

As for the film, I'm on the fence about it. Its well made but I found it predictable as I was one step ahead of it most of the time. I only saw the film because I really liked the directors first film Goodbye Mommy which is worth checking out.

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2020 5:39 AM

This is R4 - that should be Silverstone not Silverstein. Looks like I'm trying to turn her Jewish (disclosure: I prefer uncut meat).

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2020 5:41 AM

Lol R5 Silverstone is actually Jewish in real life

by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2020 5:45 AM

[Quote] Just a warning. Alicia Silverstein is barely in the film.

I doubt anyone will be going to see it for her lol

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2020 10:07 AM

[quote]Alicia Silverstein is barely in the film.

Thanks for the spoiler. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2020 12:32 PM

I was surprised how effective Silverstone was in her small role. Although i must admit I didn't know she was in the film, and when I saw her my mind went "Cher!"

At first I didn't care for Keogh's performance, my first impression was that it was watching a limited actor cast specifically because she was awkward, but by the end of the film I really felt she totally embodied the character and her torment. She really becomes the character and stops being "Elivs's granddaughter".

Richard Armitage who I always felt was a handsome but flavorless actor, is actually very good here too, playing a character whose superficial charmingness hides what a selfish monster he really is.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2020 12:32 PM

It’s on Hulu now. Great quarantine watch.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2020 9:37 PM

R9 Riley is a very good actress IMO—I know most people's first impulse is to think "nepotism!" given her family background, but I have enjoyed her immensely in everything I've seen her in and think she is actually very good. She was great in this, and also great in "The House that Jack Built" and "It Comes at Night." She makes unusual choices but is always compelling on screen, albeit in an understated way. She doesn't overact, which I appreciate. I do think the strength of her performance in "The Lodge" really comes through in the last act, though having rewatched the film a couple of times, her calculations become clearer from the outset.

Alicia Silverstone was also unexpectedly powerful given how briefly she appears in the film. Her acting was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2020 2:31 AM

If it were truly a horror movie it would include Stacy Dash.

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2020 2:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!