Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So what will happen in November.

Trump will not get convicted.

I think Americans are seeing through this. Therefore, the house will remain Democratic, the Senate will become Democratic, and Joe Biden will be president.

Mittens will be the minority leader usurping MoscowMitch who will retire after he loses the election for minority leader. The Republican Party will be smaller, whiter, angrier.

Biden will be a profound disappointment. He will make every attempt to be friends with Republicans and at every turn, they will stab him in the back.

by Anonymousreply 39February 1, 2020 6:20 PM

I don’t think Trump can get re-elected. But I would never have thought it possible for him to get elected the first time.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 1:08 AM

If we have the House and Senate, Biden doesn’t need to make nice with Republicans. And I predict he won’t.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 1:11 AM

r2, why would Biden be stupid enough to do that when he was there and saw first hand the way the Repukes did it to Obama?

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 1:14 AM

I meant OP, not r2

Sorry r2

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 1:14 AM

I believe that the impeachment will be prosecuted so incompetently (by the Reps simply quoting prior statements by the Dems handling the prosecution, undermining their arguments) that he’s acquitted by the first week of February.

The damage will result in a 50-50 Senate and House majority for Republicans.

The month long delay during the holidays has made impeachment completely a relevant to most of the population.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 1:15 AM

A relevant? IRRELEVANT!

Oh, dear.

SIRI YOU IGNORANT SLUT!!!

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 1:16 AM

#MoscowMitch is up for reelection so there's a chance he'll be out of a job next year.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 1:17 AM

There is no scenario, R5, where the Republicans regain the House. You also predicted that they would not only keep the House in 2018 but that they would gain seats in that election. How did that work out for you?

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 1:17 AM

R7

Not if this ongoing debacle results in acquittal.

The impeachment has turned off independent voters and energized Republicans. That is not a winning strategy!

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 1:21 AM

R5, don't blame Siri for your mistakes. Or your crappy post.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 1:27 AM

Knew it. R5 wrote all the rightwing posts on here.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 1:28 AM

As much as I feel the mood in the country shifting popular support behind a Democratic President and Senate, I seriously worry about the integrity of our Electoral system and the obvious ability for it to be hacked/compromised. Does anyone else feel the same way?

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote]The impeachment has turned off independent voters and energized Republicans.

Too bad that's not what the data show, r9. As with everything you write here, this, too, is your fantasy, not reality.

R11, R5 (and r9) is the Idiot Libertarian Troll, who's been infesting the site for 15 years or more. He's a gold bug, a Ron Paul devotee, a predictor of total economic collapse, a Fed hater, and a Deep State conspiracy theorist. He is remarkably consistent in his posts here: always wrong.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 2:56 PM

There's basically no way the Rs are going to lose the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 2:59 PM

That's not really true, R14. While I think you're correct that the Senate is more likely than not to remain Republican, the Republicans have more toss-up seats and "likely" seats in play than do the Democrats. The only really vulnerable Democrat right now is Jones in Alabama. It's not an impossible task to retake the Senate, although if they do, it won't be by much. A 50-50 tie is a real possibility, which makes it even more imperative that we take out Trump.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 3:20 PM

Even if the heavens smile on us and the Ds do take the senate, the Rs will filibuster everything to death. And I wonder if the Ds have the stones to kill the filibuster. You know the Rs are happy to.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 7:05 PM

Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 7:30 PM

One moment while I check my gay agenda.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 6:48 PM

The Senate is already rigged to retain control. The House will be a free for all.

Trump will be re-elected because already Democrats are refusing to vote if their favorite is not nominated. Democrats will NOT vote blue for no matter who.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 6:53 PM

R19 is a Tulsi supporter.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2020 6:58 PM

We're doomed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2020 7:05 PM

Dear R9: Here in the suburbs of Philadelphia (Montgomery, Delaware, Bucks and Chester Counties) Democrats won seats in the November 2018 general elections in county legislatures/court houses that haven't been held by Democrats in decades, and in at least three cases, Democrats have NEVER held these offices. And the reasons for the sweep: people here are sick of Trump and his Republican lackeys and their unqualified support for the orange dirtball scumbag.

So what were you saying about turning off independent voters and energizing Republicans?

We will anxiously await your reply.

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2020 7:09 PM

R22, please ignore/block r9. He’s a well-known Dump trollster on these boards. I’ve had him blocked for eons... he’s useless.

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2020 7:48 PM

Just a take: He has the lowest approval rating of any president seeking reelection since (loser) Gerald Ford - despite a stable economy. 61 percent of female voters view *him* unfavorably; 65 percent of voters aged 18-34 view him unfavorably. His approval is solidly underwater in three key states he narrowly won last time: MI, WI, PA (-15, -10, -6). He approval rating in AZ, OH, FL, and NC is -3, -5, 0, and 0, respectively, again states he won last time. An investigation is pending about Trump's involvement in the death of Jamal Khashoggi. His financial scandals are shoes waiting to drop - just in time for the election. His approval rating among the military is only 50 percent! A historic low. Yes - the economy has remained solid because Trump inherited a good economy, he's not responsible for it.

Association with Trump is going to hurt Senators Gardner, Collins, McSally. His approval rating in their states is -16, -6, and -3, respectively (as of December!). In Arizona, McSally's opponent, Mark Kelly, is leading her by 4 points and he's raking in the money. Collins is now the least-liked Senator. Gardner will not overcome Trump's -16 approval rating.

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2020 8:48 PM

Just a take: He has the lowest approval rating of any president seeking reelection since (loser) Gerald Ford - despite a stable economy. 61 percent of female voters view *him* unfavorably; 65 percent of voters aged 18-34 view him unfavorably. His approval is solidly underwater in three key states he narrowly won last time: MI, WI, PA (-15, -10, -6). He approval rating in AZ, OH, FL, and NC is -3, -5, 0, and 0, respectively, again states he won last time. An investigation is pending about Trump's involvement in the death of Jamal Khashoggi. His financial scandals are shoes waiting to drop - just in time for the election. His approval rating among the military is only 50 percent! A historic low. Yes - the economy has remained solid because Trump inherited a good economy, he's not responsible for it.

Association with Trump is going to hurt Senators Gardner, Collins, McSally. His approval rating in their states is -16, -6, and -3, respectively (as of December!). In Arizona, McSally's opponent, Mark Kelly, is leading her by 4 points and he's raking in the money. Collins is now the least-liked Senator. Gardner will not overcome Trump's -16 approval rating.

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2020 8:48 PM

You know, I don't care how disappointing whoever beats Trump turns out to be (unless it's Tulsi Gabbard): at least that person will not be Trump and will not be a Republican. That's enough of a start.

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2020 9:06 PM

He will be the revenant president of 2020. Zombie deplorables will bow before him.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2020 11:05 PM

He will be reelected with the help of strenous voter suppression, floods of propaganda and just the odd tweak of the voting apparatus, to face a House with a comfortable Democratic and a Senate with either just a little teeny sliver of a Republican majority or a Democratic majority. If he survives the next four years he will live in constant terror of impeachment, which will be well founded, though I'm guessing his wrongdoings will be leveraged into forcing him to obey the law and do what he's told. For the rest of his life he'll wish he'd never left Queens.

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2020 11:52 PM

If they have the power to steal the presidential election, why not steal the House and the Senate while they are at it?

by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2020 12:01 AM

If they have the power to steal the presidential election, why not steal the House and the Senate while they are at it?

by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2020 12:01 AM

BLUR WAVE! They can’t win an election if there is a landslide!

by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2020 12:40 AM

The impeachment is a win-win for the Dems. If they oust him, and Pence becomes President, this will hurt Republicans because the revelation of his misdeeds will serve to energize his opponents. Pence can’t run for election because he is implicated in all the illegality. Trump will get his cult followers, but will lose all the rest.

If Trump is not ousted, it will outrage the Dems and independents and he will lose in November.

And the Senate looks like the Dems will win a majority. The House will becomes more Blue.

I just hope they charge Trump and Pence with criminal charges as soon as their terms end.

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2020 5:25 AM

Joe Biden cannot even win dogcatcher. He will never be president.

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2020 8:45 AM

Biden is popular with the working class, unionists, and African-Americans. The former two might vote Republican in any election; and the Dems need for Blacks to be motivated to vote as they are an important part of the Dem base.

I’m for Warren, but I haven’t heard of any natural constituency she might have.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2020 6:27 AM

Bernie is in the best position to keep his supporters once his promises inevitably fall short. Joe and Aunt Liz will get shellacked in the 2022 midterms.

by Anonymousreply 35January 29, 2020 5:39 PM

Not really, R35, since he won't be able to deliver on any of the promises he's made them. As his thirty year record shows, he's a big mouthed, do-nothing. Two years of nothing, or wirse, a downward spiral, will decimate Blue in 2022 no matter what yarns Twitter is spinning right now.

by Anonymousreply 36January 29, 2020 5:47 PM

None of the Dems currently running will be able to deliver on any of their promises. Even if the heavens smile on us and we get a Dem senate, everything will go through Joe Manchin. He's never gonna sign off on Medicare for all or abolishing ICE or a Green New Deal or anything any of the lefties want. And when this crushing disappointment hits the left, they won't be able to convince themselves that if only they had elected a True Leftist, all their dreams would come true. They would have gotten the candidate they wanted and still fallen short. That will help in keeping them motivated in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 37January 29, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote] If they have the power to steal the presidential election, why not steal the House and the Senate while they are at it?

Is that a challenge?

by Anonymousreply 38February 1, 2020 6:14 PM

Whatever. I just want an ethnostate for white people. It could be in Siberia or somewhere in Belarus, I don't care. I'm sick of multiculturalism, diversity and heterogeneity. Blacks and mexicans can have America, I don't want it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 39February 1, 2020 6:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!