Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Death toll from new coronavirus spikes in just a day

The case count and death toll from a new coronavirus in China continue to climb.

The case count and death toll from a new coronavirus in China continued to climb Wednesday (Jan. 22) as officials stepped up efforts to control the spread of the virus.

There are now 440 confirmed cases and 17 deaths linked to the virus in China, according to the BBC. That's up from around 300 cases and six deaths reported just yesterday (Jan. 21).

Chinese officials also advised people not to travel into or out of Wuhan, the city where the outbreak originated, the BBC reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2020 12:11 PM

You might want to post it here, OP

>>>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 10:23 PM

No, this is a different thread. This is the one that gives you information.

You may want to quit feeding that useless thread.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 10:53 PM

I told you: we’re all gonna die.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 11:04 PM
by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 2:12 PM

I don't believe those numbers are actual- I'm sure China is downplaying it.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 2:19 PM

Obesity kills more, many thousands more, but deathfats ain't gonna care. Ironic, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 2:22 PM

Do we know the ages of those who died?

RIP

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 3:00 PM

Today it emerged the infected US patient came into close contact with at least 16 people before quarantined

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 3:15 PM

This map will be updated when more information is available. As of Jan. 23, coronavirus cases were confirmed in China, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 3:44 PM

Fun facts From the WHO: According to China national statistics bureau, about 890 million people died each year. So in average, there are 2.4 million people die in China each day.

I heard that you have natural immunity if you've already had the corollavirus, since their structure is similar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 4:04 PM

I once had a Toyota Corolla R10 but that was any years ago. Am I still immune?

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 4:13 PM

Everyone likes a good freak out OP. Now that the Sussexit is done and impeachment has gotten boring we need to move on to the next one.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 4:16 PM

17 death out of 440 cases is not exactly a staggering morality rate. Roughly the same as the regular flu. The causes of death seem to be complication from the virus e.g. the onset of pneumonia. There's no information about the people who have died. My guess would be that many of the were elderly or people with per-existing conditions. I'm not saying this isn't serious, but I think the media is being highly alarmist....though we should be surprised ;)

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 4:48 PM

Just to put our flu-jitters in perspective ,the Center for Disease Control estimates between October 2019 and January 11.2020 at least 6,600 Americans have died of the regular various flu viruses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 5:06 PM

Oh no

by Anonymousreply 15August 22, 2020 12:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!