Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gary Janetti IS Prince George: HBO Cartoon Coming Soon

Amid a recent flurry of headlines surrounding the British royal family, HBO Max has greenlighted The Prince, a satirical animated comedy series from Family Guy producer Gary Janetti, who also voices the title character, and 20th Century Fox TV.

The Prince, whose voice cast also includes Orlando Bloom, Condola Rashad, Lucy Punch, Tom Hollander, Alan Cumming, Frances De La Tour and Iwan Rheon, is inspired by Janetti’s popular Instagram account, which has nearly 1 million followers and has garnered international media attention for poking fun at the British Royals (and the relentless media coverage of them) through the eyes of a young Prince George, the eldest child of Prince William and Princess Kate and a future king.

Written and executive produced by Janetti, the series will follow a cartooned 6-year-old Prince George, voiced by Janetti, spilling the royal “tea” on his family, followers and the British Monarchy.

Bloom stars as Prince Harry, Rashad as Meghan Markle, Punch as Kate Middleton, Hollander as Prince Philip and Prince Charles, Cumming as George’s butler Owen, De La Tour as Queen Elizabeth and Rheon as Prince William.

The Prince is described as a biting, satirical look at the life of Prince George of Cambridge, the youngest heir to the British throne, as he navigates the trials and tribulations of being a royal child.

Before George rules Britannia, he’ll be laying down his own laws in Janetti’s comedic take on the future King of England’s childhood as seen from the prince’s own point of view. Because his succession isn’t coming any time soon, in each episode George will find his path in life as a young prince in modern times – from the 775 rooms of Buckingham Palace to his family’s sea of corgis to primary school with commoners.

The Prince also features notable characters in George’s life such as his parents the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, his fourth-in-line-for-the-throne little sister Charlotte, his modern Aunt Meghan and Uncle Harry, his great-grandad Philip, and – who can forget – his Gan Gan Elizabeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2020 3:21 PM

I thought Prince Charles was circumcised?

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 9:27 PM

Does he talk like Stewie? Wouldn’t that be marvelous?

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 9:33 PM

For Kate Middleton, this is “My 600 Pound Life”!

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 9:35 PM

I follow his Instagram and it is totally hysterical. He portrays Prince George as an imperious gay boy and its total Datalounge material.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2020 9:36 PM

Does look pretty funny. Don't know how well it'll translate to TV though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2020 9:37 PM

Love the psycho-eyes on Megs

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2020 9:45 PM

What would be funny is if Garys husband, Brad Goreski, could voice "Older Prince George."

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2020 9:47 PM

Shade!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2020 9:51 PM

Stevie teaches George how to be absolutely horrible & ‘Absolutely Fabulous!”

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2020 9:59 PM

George Learns Morris Dancing.

George Bakes a Victoria Sponge.

George Decorates His Room with a Man from Farrow & Ball.

George is Fitted on Saville Row.

George Forces Winter Bulbs in his Conservatory.

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2020 10:10 PM

George introduces his new drag persona, Victoria Sponge

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2020 10:40 PM

He could make him like Stewie tbh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2020 10:47 PM

Did he call her a Frau?

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2020 11:29 PM

Stewie*

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2020 11:41 PM

Sorry, R9 Stewie*

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2020 11:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 12:05 AM

No he doesn't, R13. He reserves "frau" for his Mother, Kate, delivered with a sneer-y scowl.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 2:53 AM

I wonder if Gary or his family changed the name from Gianetti?

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2020 3:47 AM

I feel like such a prisspot - but George is only six years old!

Even if he is portrayed sympathetically- isn’t this too much?

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2020 3:57 AM

Does he dial his iPhone with a pencil?

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2020 4:09 AM

I agree with r19. He's going to hear about this at school and be mocked.

Children of celebrities should not be targets of the mass media.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 4:14 AM

Sorry, I don't think this is right. I shan't be watching.

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 4:24 AM

The Instagram account is a hoot. I fear an animated series might be...de trop.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 4:24 AM

George is not the child of celebrities. He IS a MEGASTAR.

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2020 6:07 AM

George Takes Harpsichord Lessons.

George Learns Ikebana.

George Prepares Eton Mess.

George Selects His Outfit for the 2020 Christmas Card.

George Visits a Breeder of Pomeranians.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2020 12:09 PM

In r16's picture, he's beginning to look like Chuckie. Looks like he already took a bite out of William's head.

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2020 10:18 PM

George Takes Purse Carrying Lessons From Great-Grandma

George Takes I Don't Give A Fuck Lessons from Step-Grandmama Camilla

George watches The Sound of Music and decides to take the German pronunciation of his name: Gayorg

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2020 10:21 PM

Its Ge-or-gi in Deutsche.

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2020 9:59 AM

So since going by the cast picture we're getting the entire main family. What roles do you think everyone should fill? Camilla should be Lucille Bluth and always have booze handy, though I guess that's 90% of the family. Phillip should just have constant car accidents with no one noticing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2020 10:06 AM

This has jumped the shark before even a single episode has aired.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2020 10:39 AM

I lack the imagination of how that Instagram account is supposed to be turned into an animated feature? Is it supposed to be a rip off of Family Guy's Stewie character while the rest of the characters just do normal stuff which get shaded by George?

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2020 11:00 AM

The IG account is funny, but I'm with R19. He's a kid and Janetti's made-up persona for him shouldn't be used for a TV show. Surely won't be as funny (and scathing) as The Windsors, anyway. (And they left the kids out of it.)

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2020 11:34 AM

I hope it lasts longer than Suri's Burn Book.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2020 11:36 AM

Dunno about this project. I know “jumped the shark” has jumped the shark, so to speak, but I feel it may apply here.

by Anonymousreply 34February 1, 2020 11:42 PM

This looks terrible. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 35February 1, 2020 11:51 PM

Savage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 2, 2020 12:03 AM

So it's just bitchy comments put in the mouth of a six year old?

by Anonymousreply 37February 2, 2020 12:06 AM

Well at least he’ll always have that guy who goes “LOLLOLOLLLL” on his Instagram posts

by Anonymousreply 38February 2, 2020 12:15 AM

So will this show go forward in our newly "unprecedented times"? Not sure it's any longer on trend....

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2020 4:59 PM

He’s pissed off the celebrity gossip fraus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2020 1:16 PM

If he's going to portray George as a little queen, I don't think that's right. Posts on Janetti's IG account are one thing, a TV show is quite another.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2020 1:28 PM

This has been selected as the opening theme song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2020 1:44 PM

We'll see if this project proceeds. Personally I think "The Windsors" is all the royal satire we need.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2020 3:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!