Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blocking Function Not Working

As of yesterday and much of today, both individual and thread blocking is not working for me. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've cleared my ignored, but when I return to a thread, I'm seeing the same posts from the troll I just blocked.

Has something changed? I'm a registered user, but don't pay in....and won't as long as this keeps happening.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2020 5:39 PM

I tried blocking every since Meghan Markle thread (quite a task) and they keep re-appearing.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 3:29 PM

I was doing the same, R1, which is why I wondered if there's a blocking limit. I had over 250 posters and threads blocked.

Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 3:48 PM

R1/R2 SAME

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 4:03 PM

R2: After 254 blocks, it doesn't work anymore. It's maxed out. It doesn't make sense but that's what it is.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2020 4:33 PM

R4 Thanks for clarification, I'm only at 208, so there must be another attribution. I still cannot block threads, so have taken to blocking the posters creating the Sussex, BRF, etc threads. They now do not stay on block. I have seen identical posts in double, and treble posts, showing under different poster numbers. I wish someone could explain how this happens.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2020 5:02 PM

Threads can't be ignored anymore and R4 is right, your max ignore number is 255. After that you have to un-ignore some people to make room.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2020 5:09 PM

Scrolling past things you don’t like still has no limit.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2020 5:14 PM

Who knew? How do we clear our blocks?

Is there a DL tutorial for newbies and returnees? Sure would be helpful.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2020 5:19 PM

The Bernie threads don't stay blocked.

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2020 5:31 PM

No thread stays blocked.

And no, there is no tutorial. It's always been part of the Datalounge Experience (tm) that the instructions are only half right, and any thread with helpful information on how to navigate the site is deleted quickly.

You clear blocks by going to the "ignored" tab at the top and clicking the X next to whoever you blocked.

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2020 5:50 PM

Sorry, R10, I've been busy and didn't see this.

Go up to the menu bar, next to the DataLounge, on the upper left is the ignored listings. Beside each poster ignored is an X - click on that and you can either see them again and you clear the list. Choose those without posts beneath, first, to help clear the list.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 2:00 PM

One needs to log out, and log back in after both unwatching threads, and blocking /ignoring threads. If you don't, they come back.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2020 5:19 PM

Just stop coming here will be the best solution for you all.

Next question.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2020 5:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!