Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Terry Jones is DEAD TO ME!

RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 9:57 PM

So young.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 12:57 PM

Bugger of a way to go dementia. RIP!

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 1:02 PM

Eh, I’m sure he didn’t know it, r2.

Look at it this way: he got to meet new people every day.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 1:05 PM

He directed the Life of Brian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2020 4:53 PM

Life of Brian

Holy Grail

Meaning of Life

Personal Services

So many laughs: Thank you & RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2020 11:25 PM

Though never a fan of British humor back in the day or of Monty Python at its inception, I eventually grew to appreciate and love the genre.

Rest in Peace, Terry Jones, knowing the world remembers all of the comedic genius that you temporarily forgot. Thanks for the laughs.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2020 11:46 PM

Two down, four to go.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 12:10 AM

I must be the only person that never found anything Monty Python did to be the least bit funny. The only thing I ever laughed at was the "Every Sperm is Sacred" song. Everything else was unfunny and highly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 12:14 AM

He just couldn't image a world where Harry was not a HRH.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 12:33 AM

r8 I put it in the same class as Star Wars. It was massively groundbreaking fr it's genre when it came out, and laid the ground for a lot of comedy that came after. But other than certain parts it wasn't that good on it's own. Still I think it's an important legacy important that when Life of Brian first came out it was refused cinema access and was threatened with Blasphemy trials in multiple countries, similar "blasphemous" media post this have never faced quite the same reaction.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 12:38 AM

Finally, someone posting an obit gets the format right!

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 12:41 AM

OMG I knew he was sick for the last, few years.

Thank you for being a very naughty boy!!!!

R.I.P. 😥😥😥😥😥

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 1:19 AM

For those who don’t know, he brought a unified story structure to the last seasons of [italic]Flying Circus.[/italic]

He played Mr. Creosote, one of the most memorable characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 1:38 AM

Did you guys know Terry Jones wrote [italic]Labyrinth?[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 1:43 AM

R8 = the Gumby Florist

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 1:46 AM

Love Monty Python. Always have since they aired on PBS stations in the US in the 70s. I was so sad when he was diagnosed with dementia.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote] But other than certain parts it wasn't that good on it's own

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 10:45 AM

He was one of the first naked men I ever saw. (The recurring gag of him sitting at the piano or organ).

RIP, Frequently Nude Python Cast Member,

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2020 6:16 PM

He was brilliant.

Python remains hysterical.

And I am sad.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2020 6:21 PM

Terry made a series of historical documentaries, two which I really loved. The Hidden History of Rome and The Hidden History of Egypt. He was funny but passionate about history and I still remember them both well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2020 9:17 PM

Ripping Yarns holds up well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 9:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!