Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shit's Getting Real

Mongabay's Indonesian reporter has been detained on 'alleged' visa violation charges. Glenn Greenwald, though not a favorite here, was indicted in Brazil after revealing corruption in Bolisinaro's administration. Both men have been reporting on various environmental issues.

Just in case you cared about something that actually matters. Spread the word, keep this out there and let's not let them get away with this and leave him in jail to rot.

#freephiljacobson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 1, 2020 12:53 PM

Spread this far and wide, my brothers. Phil has been doing amazing work and has done nothing wrong. We need to keep his name and situation out there and the pressure on.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 1:19 AM

And sisters....sorry, I'm pretty upset right now. This man is one of the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 1:20 AM

Want to do something? Feel powerless? Make this trend on Twitter and spread the word. It works when we keep the spotlight and the pressure on.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 1:25 AM

He's handsome.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2020 1:25 AM

UPDATE: Both the NYTimes and Reuters have picked up the story. It's working, DL. Keep up the good work!

Keep Tweeting this story - it was trending as of 11 last night and THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2020 2:08 PM

UNHAND THAT TWINK!

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2020 2:19 PM

He's not gay, R6, but yes, he's very cute. He's also brave, intelligent and works his ass off to expose criminal exploitation of indiginous people and the environment.

One of the good ones.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2020 2:23 PM

He's doing ok in the prison right now after 30 days of house arrest. If anything, they deport people for these violations, and do not arrest them.

He's also an American and to threaten this is pure intimidation. They're scared.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2020 3:51 PM

Updated video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 1:52 PM

New York Times article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 2:01 PM

[quote]Shit's Getting Real

It's about fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 2:02 PM

This isn't fake and it's not funny. But thanks for posting, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 4:11 PM

Meh. He seems tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 6:49 PM

Poor guy has to spend another night in jail for doing his job. Nothing criminal that he did at all.

Here we have a State dept that intervenes for rapping rapists and turns their backs on American citizens doing good in the world.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 10:38 PM

Phil Jacobson has been released. You can read about the situation in the press release below.

THANK YOU, everyone who tweeted or shared this information. It made a huge difference in keeping Phil's story alive and not allowing them to get away with repressing the truth about what is happening to the world's indigenous peoples - from Indonesia to Bolivia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2020 11:33 AM

Media support, when directed appropriately, is a powerful tool. This is what they used against us in 2016. I'm glad Phil and others like him are out there making sure we know what's going on.

The EU's decision not to declare palm oil a sustainable commodity is because their ministers read what the investigators on the ground are finding out. It's because of sites like Mongabay that we can access the valuable information we need to make thoughtful, informed decisions.

by Anonymousreply 16February 1, 2020 11:43 AM

[quote]Phil Jacobson has been released.

Finally! Now I can say what I, at least, have been thinking: ISHC.

by Anonymousreply 17February 1, 2020 11:58 AM

R7, R6 didn’t say he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 18February 1, 2020 12:26 PM

'Twink' used to imply 'gay.' Not any longer?

by Anonymousreply 19February 1, 2020 12:29 PM

I’ve always used it to identify a body type, not necessarily orientation.

I’ve seen plenty of hot twinks walking down the street. I have no idea if they’re gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 20February 1, 2020 12:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!