Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let the Trump Shit Show Begin!

Schumer vs McConnell started off the fireworks. What comes next is history!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507February 3, 2020 5:16 PM

Midnight Mitch looks like rotting meat.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2020 5:06 PM

Mitch is making decent points. It is just political.

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2020 5:09 PM

r2 So was the Clinton trial, so why the fuck are they changing the procedure used then?

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2020 5:21 PM

Is this the official impeachment thread? I think the treason threads should host since they’ve been at it the longest.

But that’s just my 2cent

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2020 5:27 PM

Adam Schiff makes so much sense in his logical opening statements. How can anyone not see through Mitch McConnell's steam boating this whole thing though in a week. How can anybody state that 12 hour days in a trial is fair? That alone would make me vote no, as it is totally unreasonable. I do hope something surprising happens in the next few days to make this a fair trial. God help us all.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2020 5:44 PM

Schiff is droning on and on. If the vote on witnesses came later in the Clinton trial it should do so here.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2020 5:49 PM

Boring Adam Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2020 5:50 PM

I think Schiff is doing a great job.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2020 5:58 PM

I'm surprised Yrtle hasn't cut Schiff's mic and had him hauled off by Proud Boys.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2020 6:00 PM

If you actually listen to what Schiff is saying, he resounds reason no matter who is on trial. He is simply presenting the facts in a way even watchers of Fox News can understand it.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2020 6:03 PM

Chief Justice Roberts can overrule McConnell and allow witnesses. But will he?

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2020 6:03 PM

R10 Yep, Schiff, who sometimes sounds very partisan, is presenting a very calm and balanced argument.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2020 6:04 PM

Lot of high sounding arguments to open the trial up to a political shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2020 6:14 PM

Twitter is nothing but Russian trolls tweeting against Schiff. They must all be getting time and a half today.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2020 6:15 PM

My god this is the only stooge Dump could get to represent him?

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2020 6:21 PM

The good thing about this trial is that everybody will be on record when the democrats win in a landslide in November.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2020 6:21 PM

Sekulow sounds like an idiot compared to Schiff.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2020 6:24 PM

Not to be too snarky, but Sekulow looks and sounds like a prosperity Gospel, evangelical preacher... Fox News ready.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2020 6:27 PM

Sekulow is a Jew for Jesus but he still looks kinda cute.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2020 6:27 PM

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 1/ I'll summarize this for the slow learners in the Senate one last time.

Your protestations of independence, integrity, and honor will mean nothing to the voters this Fall. Nothing.

You're going to moo and walk into the chute like cattle, terrified of Trump and Mitch. 438 6.3K 18.5K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 2/ So when you're underwater in the polls, drowning in public anger at becoming accessories to Trump's coverup, here's a handy list of what went wrong. Clip-and-save, because you'll need it later. 56 1.3K 6.5K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 3/ WHAT WENT WRONG, A PARTIAL LIST:

A. The facts of Ukraine will never, ever get better for Trump. You know this.

B. Truth outs. Bolton's book hits. Documents leak. More people come forth.

C. *TRUMP* admits it. You know he will.

D. The polls are not going your way. 93 1.6K 6.8K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 4/ D (cont). Two-thirds of the American people want to see evidence and witnesses. Support for impeachment is steady.

E. The McConnell strategy looks great in the short term as a DC-clever-process story in a few months looks like a massive coverup. 57 1.1K 5.3K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 5/ F. The locked-room, one-camera, dead-of-night game YOU voted for looks more and more like the work of co-conspirators, not judges.

G. Trump won't help you later. His loyalty is to himself. If you're in trouble *even for helping him* you're dead meat. 45 1.1K 5.5K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 6/ H. Even if he *does* help you, does it *help* you? Trump rally fever plays only to the reddest red audiences. You know, like Maine and AZ...oh. Wait.

I. Mitch only has so much money to spread around. Sure, in January he's saying, "I got you" but does he have *enough*? 42 738 4.1K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 7/ J. Even *Mitch* will flip if the majority is in danger, and how are you gonna walk that back? You won't get a second chance to be strong and do the right thing. You won't get another moment to show you give a damn about something bigger than Trump's rage. 20 847 4.4K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 8/ K. Voters hate corruption (cf, 1974, 1980, 1994, 2006) as just a few examples in recent memory) and they hate its enablers more. It reinforces their existing feelings about politics and politicians.

L. Trump gets passes you never, ever will. 31 808 4.3K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 2h 9/ M. "I voted against witnesses and evidence and covered up Trump's crimes of obstruction, lying, and abuse of power so he wouldn't tweet mean things about me." is a shit political obituary. So is, "I didn't want a primary." 28 1K 4.9K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson 10/ N. Everything Trump Touches Dies.

Proceed accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2020 6:31 PM

People for history: Cipollone, like Barr, representing the Opus Dei Catholic Fascist position that the Chief Executive has unlimited power not reviewable by either the judiciary nor legislative branch. Strong executive power being the only vehicle to destroy the humanist opponents and restore Christian principles in all things.

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2020 6:32 PM

One point:

Senator McConnell said he had the votes to pass the resolution distributed last night.

Clearly, he didn't — or he wouldn't have had to make last-minute changes to it today.

Just worth keeping in mind in terms of his future assertions about what votes he says he has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2020 6:37 PM

I’m a news junkie in favor of impeachment and I am still finding all this difficult to listen to. I did like Schiff’s visual aids, though.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2020 6:39 PM

R23 I think it's a republican strategy to 1: produce some angry, short soundbites for Fox, and 2: make the rest of it insufferably annoying, close, hard to follow, making folks change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2020 6:41 PM

Lol Rachel is NOT going let these rethugs get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2020 6:42 PM

I listened to Schumer and Schiff. I refuse to listen to the lying Repukes.

It is so clear that Moscow Mitch fixed the rules to rig the proceedings. A trial without witnesses? What a sham. A trial without relevant evidence that is discovered in the eve of trial? Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2020 6:45 PM

People are going to depend on news analysis and clips to get the gist of it, but that will vary according to which sources of news they follow.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2020 6:46 PM

Weird, the clerk can't read. I'd have thought it would have been a minimum qualification for the job.

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2020 6:46 PM

Tom Nichols:

Sekulow and Cipollone are not actually bothering with this trial: They're speaking directly to Fox Nation and creating talking points, knowing their audience is too stupid and too partisan to know (or care) how much of it is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2020 6:47 PM

R25, Rachel Maddow is a propagandist.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2020 6:51 PM

The House of Rep record will now be admitted. That’s another concession.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2020 6:53 PM

R30 She has never presented herself other than a commentator on the news. By definition with a perspective. Fox actually presents itself as a news channel. There is a difference. NBS News? The Republican Lester Holt. FOX News? Trump.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2020 6:54 PM

It looks like Mitch's rules are cracking away. He is making changes to the rules, already. He doesn't have the backing he thought he had. There are, reportedly 7-10 Republicans who want a full trial. Unfolding right now.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2020 6:54 PM

I wish we can combine Nadler and Schiff into one person. Nadler makes powerful points using simple language while Schiff is too academic, but Nadler's old school New Yawk accent is off putting while Schiff's delivery is better.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2020 6:55 PM

R31 The Trump bulldozing position is losing so far. (Still 100% assurance Trump will not be removed from office. But more chance that critical information may actually get to the American public/voters.)

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2020 6:56 PM

Yup, R33. He didn’t have the votes. A glimmer of hope for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2020 6:56 PM

All this stuff about what will be seen in prime time and whether this will be over by the SOTU show how incredible political this is.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2020 6:57 PM

Call your Senators. Flood them with demands for a fair trial with all documents and witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2020 6:59 PM

R35, you don't know what is going to happen. The historic vote will be on procedure. If they get witnesses and documents, Trump is burnt toast. We'll see.

The GOP is either going to get their comeuppance during this impeachment trial or they're going to get in November, when it'll be a bloodbath worthy of The Shining.

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2020 6:59 PM

MConnell is losing support as I type. The pressure is building. All eyes on 2020.

If you have social media, now is the time to make your voice heard to the rethug senators.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2020 7:00 PM

If the "no witnesses, no documents" clause gets wiped out of the rules, it will be a whole new ball game. If there is a chance, Schiff will get it done.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2020 7:02 PM

I think all Trump supporters must've received an e-mail encouraging them to take to Twitter today. It is wall-to-wall Trump propaganda. That's why this trial isn't just about impeachment - it's an intervention for the Trump cult. Because all they talk is NONSENSE. Still going on about Trump not being able to call witnesses in the House or offer a defence, etc. What are they talking about? In a grand jury, the defence doesn't call witnesses. It is by its nature investigatory.

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2020 7:03 PM

Schiff did a great job in clearly pointing out how McConnell’s rules were completely out of step with all the 15 previous impeachment trials. Great move.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote]Fox actually presents itself as a news channel.

It's no different than the other cable stations. The difference is Fox leans right. Baier, Wallace and (while he was there) Shep Smith were considered the news arm of Fox with Hannity, Carlson etc considered opinion.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2020 7:08 PM

If there are witnesses and documents, he'll still be acquitted. Best case scenario: a real trial, and majority of Senators who vote to convict. 51 votes to convict.... would be a game changer.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2020 7:09 PM

r42 - they're Russian Bots, not actual people.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2020 7:15 PM

Nicholle Wallace: McConnell's "bluff got called" on entering the House evidence into the record.

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2020 7:16 PM

Schiff is on a roll. He is such an eloquent speaker pointing out that the opening Republicans are not even denying the points of Impeachment. He is knocking them down point by point on their defense with legalities that is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2020 7:23 PM

Ha, Schiff shades Dershowitz.

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2020 7:24 PM

This guy is destroying the republicans. Somebody tell Iran to be on alert.

by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2020 7:25 PM

Schiff is doing a fantastic job. Clear, concise, direct, and devastating.

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2020 7:27 PM

Damn. He is BODY SLAMING the defense.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2020 7:28 PM

When a patient man...

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2020 7:28 PM

I wish Schiff hadn't just said "ass-backwards."

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2020 7:28 PM

He has been saving his passion for the big moment. Holy moly, this is riveting.

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2020 7:29 PM

BAM!

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2020 7:29 PM

That will be the sound bite. These dems are READY for the rethugs.

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2020 7:29 PM

I'm reading "A Very Stable Genius" right now. I can't bear to watch the Senate trial because it's a foregone conclusion they're going to acquit Dump. But knowing how well documented his numerous malfeasances is reassures me that the attempts at coverup will inevitably fail.

by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2020 7:29 PM

R45 I believe they need more than 51 votes in the Senate to convict and remove.

by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2020 7:32 PM

First, people thought that Trump could never bel elected President. Now, people don't think is can be impeached. Stranger things happen everyday.

by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2020 7:32 PM

What goes up...

by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2020 7:33 PM

The camera restrictions need to be amended. I want to see some reaction shots.

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2020 7:34 PM

Anyone else's feed keep cutting out?

by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2020 7:35 PM

R45 Duh... which is why I say he'll NEVER be removed. It would take 67 votes. But having a majority of Senators would be 1: great for history and precedence and 2: conceivably have a determinative impact on the November election.

R60 He has already been impeached. As Pelosi says, that's forever. The trial is to determine if he is removed. He won't be.

by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2020 7:35 PM

R64 Okay, I amend my sentence to say removed. See how easy it is to change the rules?

by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2020 7:37 PM

To have a simple majority able to remove the President would take a constitutional amendment.

by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2020 7:42 PM

Fox is not at all like other channels. It repeatedly promotes outright, provable lies.

Fox also promotes Trump , and any fool can see he’s a fascist, and an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2020 7:43 PM

Former Republican Congressman David Jolly:

[quote] GOP Senators may vote to acquit, but there is something truly cleansing to the national conscience to see Adam Schiff walk into their chamber and shove a full dose of truth down their throats before they do.

Interesting how so many of the former Repubs think tRump is guilty as sin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2020 7:43 PM

Re a vote of a majority to remove Trump, A majority vote to do so would be symbolic. It would deny Trump the ability to crow about an “overwhelming victory”, and so forth. It would not remove him, but it would be symbolic. It would also give the Dems and other patriots some encouragement.

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2020 7:46 PM

R58 Trump didn't know what Pearl Harbor was about. He didn't know India borders China. The title of the book should be The Stupidist Man in the World is President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2020 7:58 PM

A symbolic vote to acquit would also give cover to Repugs like Susan Collins in their re-election campaigns, R69.

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2020 8:05 PM

Lofgren seems so reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 72January 21, 2020 8:07 PM

R70, I’ll add, especially when speaking with Trump supporters, that it’s not important for us to know these things. But we hire our representatives to work all day, every day, to learn these things so that they can act on them. It’s their job to know these things.

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2020 8:08 PM

Phlbin - content and style = cipher.

by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2020 8:11 PM

OMG. Trump’s lawyers really have no defence prepared. They’re just going to criticise the House rather than offer any defence of Trump’s stonewalling. Oh dear. They’re playing to the retards who watch FNC.

by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2020 8:13 PM

I love the way the Democrats are talking about fair trial and how the resolution of this trial may change the power of the President forever. Not to mention how it will amend the Constitution and interpretation, as well. However, the Republicans just keep complaining about how inject this is for Trump. Nothing about legalities, laws, or Constitutional action. It is mind boggling and shameful how we, as a country, have come to this sort of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2020 8:13 PM

They're just MEAN and WE HATE THEM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 21, 2020 8:18 PM

The Dump lawyer speaking now is the type that needs a good punch in the nose.

by Anonymousreply 78January 21, 2020 8:22 PM

These people are lawyers, right? They know the difference between an investigation and a trial? That the trial is where you present evidence and witnesses? Again they're bringing up "secret meetings in the basement" where Republicans couldn't participate. Bullshit. The Republican members of the committees were present and questioned witnesses. That there was no due process because Trump's lawyers weren't there? Does a defense attorney follow Olivia Benson around to question everyone she interviews in an investigation?

by Anonymousreply 79January 21, 2020 8:27 PM

R49, they are all just performing for Trump, repealing lies that were stale months ago.

by Anonymousreply 80January 21, 2020 8:31 PM

Here we go...

by Anonymousreply 81January 21, 2020 8:35 PM

Schiff: "We are ready. The House calls John Bolton. The House calls John Bolton. The House calls Mick Mulvaney. Let's get this trial started, shall we? We are ready to present our case. We are ready to call our witnesses. The question is, will you let us? That is the question."

by Anonymousreply 82January 21, 2020 8:35 PM

I couldn't heat Collins' vote?

by Anonymousreply 83January 21, 2020 8:35 PM

What was the vote for?

by Anonymousreply 84January 21, 2020 8:37 PM

They’re voting to “table” the Schumer motion meaning to shelve it, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 85January 21, 2020 8:39 PM

This is the motion to table Schumer’s amendment.

A no vote is good for the Dems. The Rethugs will prevail.

by Anonymousreply 86January 21, 2020 8:39 PM

Did Sanders vote?

by Anonymousreply 87January 21, 2020 8:39 PM

The vote was to “table” the documents, meaning they can be added later, but for now, no.

Repute voted to table.

by Anonymousreply 88January 21, 2020 8:40 PM

r87 yes for fewer gun restrictions and no Russian sanctions, just out of habit.

by Anonymousreply 89January 21, 2020 8:40 PM

Strict party-line vote. Collins, Murkowski, Romney... all in the pocket of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2020 8:41 PM

It’s over. Fuck this country.

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2020 8:41 PM

All these amendment seem like Democratic filibustering and grandstanding.

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2020 8:43 PM

When the Republicans say they want to go through the trial to whatever point, before deciding on whether witnesses or documents evidence are warranted, let me say this:

If they already think that Trump is guilty, they don’t need to see more evidence from the prosecution.

If they still think that Trump is innocent, then they might want to give the prosecution more time to submit evidence and witnesses, to fully make their case, to persuade them to change their mind.

This is the only legitimate reason to limit additional witnesses and documents.

by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2020 8:46 PM

R89: Shut the hell up and take it to another thread.

by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2020 8:49 PM

Bernie Bros hate facts as much as Trumptards.

by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2020 8:50 PM

R92 the question was, will there be a trial, or a cover-up. The Republicans, all of them, have determined that the cover-up and acquittal is what they want.

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2020 8:51 PM

Claire McCaskill: All of Schumer's amendments will now go down 53-47. Republicans are in lockstep. Conversations about witness and documents will come after closing arguments.

by Anonymousreply 97January 21, 2020 8:51 PM

R93 , hear, hear!

by Anonymousreply 98January 21, 2020 8:54 PM

R98 Or said another way, "winning at all costs" is more important than getting at the truth. Essentially it's McConnell's "impeachment will only end in acquittal" in advance of any presentation of the articles to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 99January 21, 2020 8:56 PM

He doesn't have to be removed. Trump could resign if he knows he did something wrong.

Maybe Melania could sit him down and have a chat with him about doing what's right for the country. Get him to realize the error of his ways.

by Anonymousreply 100January 21, 2020 8:58 PM

It's like the GOP doesn't realise they are the part of MINORITY RULE with a dwindling (i.e., literally dying) base. They've lost independents. They've lost white women in the suburbs. It's like they're just putting off their total immolation until November. Because no matter what they do in the Senate, the evidence is just going to keep coming out.

by Anonymousreply 101January 21, 2020 8:58 PM

Like Trump would listen to a woman, R100!

by Anonymousreply 102January 21, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote]Maybe Melania could sit him down and have a chat with him about doing what's right for the country. Get him to realize the error of his ways.

Oh, Smitty! You always make me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 103January 21, 2020 8:59 PM

R101 Voter suppression, electoral college, gerrymandering, destroying facts as a basis of argument.. the Republicans have in the past, and will continue to want to rule from a minority position. A real possibility in November that Trump will lose by 5-7 million votes and still be elected.

by Anonymousreply 104January 21, 2020 9:02 PM

The Democrats need the help of the public. CALL REPUBLICAN SENATORS AND DEMAND A FAIR TRIAL!

by Anonymousreply 105January 21, 2020 9:04 PM

R105 They. Don’t. Care.

by Anonymousreply 106January 21, 2020 9:21 PM

If we had term limits none of these Rethugs would be scared of Trump/McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 107January 21, 2020 9:25 PM

R106 Yes. They. Do. They care about being re-elected and that’s all.

by Anonymousreply 108January 21, 2020 9:26 PM

Re-elected, not to serve or represent, but only to profit at the expense of the citizenry.

by Anonymousreply 109January 21, 2020 9:33 PM

My question is how are Republicans sitting in the Chamber listening to all of this when they can give two shits about it because their minds are already decided? Who is sleeping? Who is doing a crossword puzzle?

by Anonymousreply 110January 21, 2020 9:39 PM

My Lord this is a bore. I like Val Demings but "text-es"? I cringe whenever she says that. How late will this go?

by Anonymousreply 111January 21, 2020 9:53 PM

The main reason Trump needs to be removed before the election is that if he's still in power and loses the election there is no telling what he will do between election day in Nov. and Jan. 20 when he finally vacates the office.

by Anonymousreply 112January 21, 2020 10:01 PM

R112. The question should be how much vindictive damage will he try to do to destroy this country even more.

by Anonymousreply 113January 21, 2020 10:11 PM

That mother fucker wants to win reelection just for his ego, because he never "loses." My guess he resigns the first month of his second term because his health is failing. He looks and sounds like shit these days. A bitch needs to sleep every once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 114January 21, 2020 10:19 PM

Amigos, amigos, everywhere, but not a drop to drink!

by Anonymousreply 115January 21, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]My Lord this is a bore. I like Val Demings but "text-es"? I cringe whenever she says that. How late will this go?

Well, then go and watch the housewives from somewhere R111. That's clearly more your speed since you are unable to comprehend the importance and severity of this proceeding.

by Anonymousreply 116January 21, 2020 11:07 PM

I hate this.

by Anonymousreply 117January 21, 2020 11:12 PM

Bitch, r16, fuck off. I've been watching. I know it's important and I also know it's going nowhere. It's the same stuff being spewed all over again in a new forum, where all the amendments are going to be shot down along party lines. It's frustrating on so many levels but I'm watching. It's fucking boring though!

by Anonymousreply 118January 21, 2020 11:14 PM

Sorry r16 I meant r116

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2020 11:16 PM

The Dems have used this as an extra day to make their case and to show how ridiculous it is to vote for evidence at the end instead of the beginning. Schiff is never boring, even if some of the others are. The president’s men seem unprepared.

by Anonymousreply 120January 21, 2020 11:22 PM

If I were a Republican Senator, I’d be pretty embarrassed about now. Their argument makes no sense!

by Anonymousreply 121January 21, 2020 11:25 PM

That little quid pro quo thing was not so bad. It doesn't rise to an impeachable offense.

by Anonymousreply 122January 21, 2020 11:26 PM

Schiff really is an American hero. He is calm, articulate and dedicated to ending this sham with everything he has at his disposal. Really glad he is on our side.

by Anonymousreply 123January 21, 2020 11:27 PM

They can’t be embarrassed R121 — or shamed.

by Anonymousreply 124January 21, 2020 11:27 PM

53-47. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 125January 21, 2020 11:30 PM

So I guess that is the new, desperate attempt: it's all so boring! Who cares? Don't think it will work.

by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2020 11:30 PM

What a marathon this is!

by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2020 11:33 PM

And these 53-47 votes might work now, but they are going to be fatal in November. Susan, just take your ass somewhere else, cause you're doomed. Cory Gardner, it's over. Sally McBitchface from Arizona, step down. it's over.

by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2020 11:33 PM

Chuck Schumer needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2020 11:35 PM

McConnell needs to suck down an Ensure finally. Hope he fucking chokes on it during the break.

by Anonymousreply 130January 21, 2020 11:37 PM

#BlowJobsForSchiff who is in besides me?

by Anonymousreply 131January 21, 2020 11:50 PM

*Raises Hand*

Me

by Anonymousreply 132January 21, 2020 11:52 PM

[quote]McConnell needs to suck down an Ensure finally.

I'd prefer an exhaust pipe.

by Anonymousreply 133January 21, 2020 11:54 PM

I don't wanna blow him but do wanna give him props for everything he's done so far...and motivating words to keep up what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 134January 21, 2020 11:55 PM

Anywhere to watch this online later?

by Anonymousreply 135January 22, 2020 12:11 AM

We all know how this is most likely to end up. I just hope McTurtle and the other corrupt republicans in the senate do irreparable harm to their own careers as they demonstrate how complicit they are in Trump's crimes.

by Anonymousreply 136January 22, 2020 12:33 AM

r135 C-SPAN will have a recording online, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 137January 22, 2020 12:41 AM

Sadly I doubt McConnell cares about his career R136 he's set for like with all the dirty money he's getting from Russia not to mention the cash from his wife's family who have already bailed him out of bankruptcy.

by Anonymousreply 138January 22, 2020 12:52 AM

Wow. Just wow. I'm listening to Pat Cipilone right now. I can't believe the lies and distortion and shit coming out of his mouth.

But I'll bet the Trumpers believe it.

by Anonymousreply 139January 22, 2020 1:08 AM

Hakeem Jeffries might be a lawyer but it shows he was a corporate lawyer and not a prosecutor. His cadence and phrasing is pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 140January 22, 2020 1:16 AM

Are they really going to debate more amendments tonight?

by Anonymousreply 141January 22, 2020 1:24 AM

Apparently Schumer wants to filibuster, R141. I think this, like everything else they do , will backfire for the Democrats. The voters will see them as playing politics.

by Anonymousreply 142January 22, 2020 1:31 AM

MSNBC needs to understand that people are tuning in all of the time and they're stupid for not keeping up the names of the people speaking. They keep doing this. Even during the house testimony. Not everyone has been watching nonstop, so they need to keep the person's name on screen.

by Anonymousreply 143January 22, 2020 2:02 AM

Fuck off r142 the Dems have been bringing it all day and will be bringing it all night. Presenting the facts and nothing but the facts and the republicans are caught off guard. Mitch McConnell gave them no choice with his piece of shit rules.

by Anonymousreply 144January 22, 2020 2:03 AM

R142 I don’t think most people are tuned in and anyway they can turn it off any time they want to. I do feel sorry for the old Senators, but McConnell could agree to recess and continue tomorrow. The Dems have a right to present their amendments according to the rules of the Senate. This is serious business.

by Anonymousreply 145January 22, 2020 2:19 AM

[Quote] The voters will see them as playing politics.

And how will they perceive the GOP which is voting down every proposed amendment, most of which are completely logical

by Anonymousreply 146January 22, 2020 2:29 AM

Oh, sure, they’ll just approve all these amendments next week - NOT!

by Anonymousreply 147January 22, 2020 2:36 AM

Well, for immediate political purposes, it's unclear what the impact of this will be. However, the tapes of today, seen in 50 years, will make it clear who is principled, and who simply wants to dominate, and protect power. The democrats care about the rule of law, the constitution. The republicans care about power, challenge norms to give unchallenged power to the executive. I also guess history will determine that this (and the election) is the point where 1) the constitutional republic was saved, or 2) the slide into dictatorship gained momentum.

by Anonymousreply 148January 22, 2020 2:50 AM

Love it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 22, 2020 3:46 AM

Sadly, this trial look to be the time when the United States changes from a Democracy to an Oligarchy.

by Anonymousreply 150January 22, 2020 3:50 AM

Nadler couldn't be more uninspiring in his speech.

by Anonymousreply 151January 22, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote]Sadly, this trial look to be the time when the United States changes from a Democracy to an Oligarchy.

Because the overwhelming majority of "real 'muricans" are fucking dummies. The south and midwest full of self-proclaimed "patriots" who have no fucking clue what that means beyond their fourth of July red, white and blue jello cake.

by Anonymousreply 152January 22, 2020 4:11 AM

No, it's not the "overwhelming majority," R152, and R150 is probably a troll, as his imperfect English suggests.

by Anonymousreply 153January 22, 2020 4:19 AM

R153, look at all of that red in the middle and and the fire crotch (ie red down there). Tell me it's not the majority

2016:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 22, 2020 4:23 AM

It’s not, because those reed states have smaller populations.

by Anonymousreply 155January 22, 2020 4:28 AM

I hope the painful death of Moscow Mitch comes next.

by Anonymousreply 156January 22, 2020 4:33 AM

R155, I'm just saying that the people who claim to be the "real 'muricans," tend to live in those areas. I'm saying the overwhelming majority who *think* they're the most "patriotic" are the ones who are welcoming this oligarchy with open arms. People in the middle and south are who voted for this trash heap wannabe dictator. They're consistently red and consistently claim to be "real America" while those of us who live in blue states are not.

by Anonymousreply 157January 22, 2020 4:34 AM

These people sound absolutely exhausted. Waiting for a dramatic collapse on the floor.

When is Moscow Mitch going to allow them to quit for the night?

by Anonymousreply 158January 22, 2020 4:36 AM

I don't think there's anything more revolting than being held hostage by an ugly, fucking asshole from a MOOCHER state (literally TAKE AND TAKE) with a population a little more than HALF of NYC alone.

Why in the hell is this allowed? This fucker comes from a state that contributes NOTHING but is allowed to let their poisonous ignorance dictate the direction of the entire country via this turtle-looking cancer...and they get to take our blue state money on top of that. Fucking sick.

by Anonymousreply 159January 22, 2020 4:43 AM

Not until everyone of Schumer's amendments is voted down will Mcconnell let them breathe, talk, leave and sleep. Only to get up and do it all again tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 160January 22, 2020 4:45 AM

Thank God, Adam Schiff is still looking dapper, alert, and making perfect sense in his rebuttals towards ignorant and uninformed trolls ~ even if he is trying to reason with a room full of sleeping old men.

by Anonymousreply 161January 22, 2020 4:53 AM

Who the heck was CJ Roberts admonishing for language? While not admonishing WH counsels for lying...

by Anonymousreply 162January 22, 2020 5:06 AM

Evil never sleeps, that's why McConnell and other Republicans are able to keep going.

by Anonymousreply 163January 22, 2020 5:08 AM

[quote] Tell me it's not the majority

It’s not the majority. The Electoral College notwithstanding, Hillary got 3 million more votes than the Turnip. That’s the majority.

by Anonymousreply 164January 22, 2020 5:08 AM

The majority of flyover and the south SUCKS. The three million Hillary got were from blue states where votes count the same as shit states like WY. Fucking Uday Cheney is a rep out of WY - that's how loathsome those states are.

This shit is going on right now specifically because garbage red states with fewer people than my neighborhood who pay less than shit in taxes have destroyed this country with their low IQs and even lower morality, along with their racism and their ignorance. Period.

by Anonymousreply 165January 22, 2020 5:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 22, 2020 5:15 AM

Some of these older guys might die of heart attacks...hope all the deaths will be Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 167January 22, 2020 5:17 AM

There must be some angle where these Republican senators can be sued for this sham of a trial.

by Anonymousreply 168January 22, 2020 5:47 AM

R154 Election by county.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169January 22, 2020 5:57 AM

R154 Another map, with area correlated to population

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 22, 2020 5:59 AM

Republicans can't win without tricks: gerrymandering; voter suppression; Russian hackers; propaganda on weak minds; internet trolls; crooked poll workers; crooked judges...

This is a liberal country with a few pockets of Fundie hillbillies. But they are more aggressive and better organized.

by Anonymousreply 171January 22, 2020 6:05 AM

I hope these Repugs choke violently on their own vitriol!

by Anonymousreply 172January 22, 2020 7:05 AM

[quote]Schiff really is an American hero. He is calm, articulate and dedicated to ending this sham with everything he has at his disposal.

Tom Nichols:

The problem is that a significant number of people in America hate competence and intelligence, and prefer the mookery of the Trump team because it makes them feel less inadequate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 173January 22, 2020 11:44 AM

Robets can't just simply admonish Nadler and Cipollone for hyperbolic language. No, he has to drag in references to jurisprudential history. Pretentious prat!

He needs to call out "Team" Trump for their disrespect to the Senate by their continual lying.

by Anonymousreply 174January 22, 2020 12:50 PM

r171 and better funded.

by Anonymousreply 175January 22, 2020 2:31 PM

While Schiff is speaking in the Senate, Fox mutes him and airs a split screen with a list of Trump's accomplishments. Totally fair and balanced and making sure repugs only hear Trump's and Fox's arguments.

by Anonymousreply 176January 22, 2020 3:04 PM

Wow, R176! I don't know how all of this all will end... but, yes I do... Trump will be exonerated. But, what I seem to be noticing is that this thing is truly getting under the Republicans and Trump supporters skins. I'm notice that more postings are in support of the Republican party--not Trump. In fact, I have two work colleagues who are bouncing off the walls over this and are becoming even more angered because I refuse to engage with them about this topic.

by Anonymousreply 177January 22, 2020 3:12 PM

Does anyone here remember the "Curse of Tecumseh?" I'm too self-intimidated to post a link or start a new thread.

Gotta go, someone's at the door.

by Anonymousreply 178January 22, 2020 4:06 PM

It is impossible to have an intelligent conversation about this whole process. Democrats seem to be logical and pragmatic, while Trump supporters become explosive and belligerent. This is probably the exact reaction Trump is trying to maintain ~ stress and confusion.

by Anonymousreply 179January 22, 2020 4:57 PM

Adam Shiff speaks eloquently, again. A whole day of Democratic logic and justice. I am sure the Republicans are already dozing.

by Anonymousreply 180January 22, 2020 5:15 PM

Rick Wilson speaks to cowardly Senate Republicans:

In public and private polls in Senate swing re-elect states voters favor hearing testimony and witnesses by essentially 3 to 1 margins.

I also happen to know several of your own pollsters are pulling their hair out.

Mitchs promises of $ < voter anger.

by Anonymousreply 181January 22, 2020 5:31 PM

R177, sounds like you need to pay a visit to HR and say you are being harassed by your coworker's politics.

by Anonymousreply 182January 22, 2020 5:33 PM

r173, in other words, they're cheering on Trump wrecking everything just to "own the libs."

by Anonymousreply 183January 22, 2020 5:45 PM

Schiff starting out with a strong argument, if anyone is listening.

by Anonymousreply 184January 22, 2020 5:46 PM

[quote]Schiff starting out with a strong argument, if anyone is listening.

And, that's the question... Is anyone listening....

by Anonymousreply 185January 22, 2020 5:51 PM

^ I am, but I guess I don't count.

by Anonymousreply 186January 22, 2020 6:15 PM

FWIW, yesterday when I was at the gym around 330pm, fux noise was on one of the TVs and they were showing Schiff, uninterrupted.

Where he was standing looked like a forest (it must've been the Senate chamber background) so I kept watching, trying to figure out why he was speaking outside. So he was on for the entire hour I was there.

by Anonymousreply 187January 22, 2020 6:52 PM

History is listening. Schiff, at his most reasonable and clear, has made a case that only contrary facts can dispute. There are no contrary facts - only attacks on personalities and process. Given yesterday's votes we know (what we always knew) that Trump will not be removed until the election. But history will describe a Senate who behaved in cravenly corrupt ways.

by Anonymousreply 188January 22, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote]But history will describe a Senate who behaved in cravenly corrupt ways.

I've written this once and I'll write it again; Do you people actually think that these people give a shit about history? So, what? Who will really remember them? Who remembers the names of those that voted to leave the Union and form the Confederacy, etc? If so, AND?

It's all about the here and now. JUDGES! TAX CUTS!

by Anonymousreply 189January 22, 2020 6:59 PM

At our core, our "principles" care about history.... by definition. Are these Senators moved by those principles? Quite apparently not. Do they care about judges advancing conservative cultural erosion of civil liberties? Yes. Do they care about private corporate power allowed and encouraged to leverage wealth to those already wealthy? Yes. Do they care about deficits and fiscal responsibility? Not a whit.

I care about history. I matter little now. But I do vote.

by Anonymousreply 190January 22, 2020 7:05 PM

As I mentioned before, this trial looks to be the time when the United States changes from a Democracy to an Oligarchy. The outcome of this trial sets the precedent for future generations. If Trump get away with doing anything he wants to do, so do all future Presidents. The Constitution will become a mute point and we now reach the age where the Oligarchy with change all the rules... forever.

by Anonymousreply 191January 22, 2020 8:35 PM

When trump tweets he wishes he could testify, why doesn't every single democrat reply to him, "okay, it's a deal. We'll see you at 10 am tomorrow"

by Anonymousreply 192January 22, 2020 8:41 PM

Why doesn't Schiff stop the proceedings and announce the president wants to testify?

by Anonymousreply 193January 22, 2020 8:42 PM

^You might have 53 strokes and heart attacks happening at once.^

by Anonymousreply 194January 22, 2020 9:06 PM

OH! Val bought new hair for the event! Her french manicure is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 195January 22, 2020 9:42 PM

R191, look up the word "moot" -- and its pronunciation.

Thanks from all of us at the "Oh, Dear!" network.

by Anonymousreply 196January 22, 2020 10:01 PM

What was that? I’m listening not watching.

by Anonymousreply 197January 22, 2020 10:22 PM

Uh oh, a disruption in the gallery! They’re going to take a break around 6:30, so maybe we’ll find out what it was.

by Anonymousreply 198January 22, 2020 10:23 PM

I love to listen to Senator Jefferies.

by Anonymousreply 199January 22, 2020 10:24 PM

Rep. not Sen.

by Anonymousreply 200January 22, 2020 10:25 PM

How are they going to keep this up for two more days? I can’t even imagine the rebuttal!

by Anonymousreply 201January 22, 2020 10:27 PM

Is Trump in Europe? I assume he is making a fool of himself.

by Anonymousreply 202January 22, 2020 10:29 PM

Why isn't this a proper thread. The Official Senate Impeachment Trial thread?

by Anonymousreply 203January 22, 2020 10:34 PM

R173... tom nichols wrote the book " the death of expertise"... which should be the bible for trumpsters and all morons..(redundant i know!)..

by Anonymousreply 204January 22, 2020 10:34 PM

R173 that is really true. There are a lot of people who think it's pretentious to use big words, even just 1 in a speech.

There are a lot of people who think going to top school is pretentious too

it reeks of insecurity

by Anonymousreply 205January 22, 2020 10:38 PM

Some nut busted into the gallery and started screaming about Jesus

by Anonymousreply 206January 22, 2020 10:39 PM

And Hakeem was unbothered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 22, 2020 10:41 PM

He had an applicable bible verse at the ready. He’s been masterful among others.

by Anonymousreply 208January 22, 2020 10:44 PM

I love Hakeem

can someone answer...how is it that the press has been blocked from being in the room but a deplorable barged his way in?

by Anonymousreply 209January 22, 2020 10:46 PM

I wondered that, too, R209. I thought there was tight security.

by Anonymousreply 210January 22, 2020 10:50 PM

Ah'm EXPOSIN' yoah HAITRID of this president!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211January 22, 2020 10:51 PM

the combo of the Senate room lighting and the camera lighting is quite brutal. They really expose even the most minor of skin flaws. I kinda wish they used those in hollywood

by Anonymousreply 212January 22, 2020 10:52 PM

MOTHAFUCKAS!!

by Anonymousreply 213January 22, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote]👀 Protestor outside the senate chamber was pinned down by Capitol security and was shouting about abortion and Nancy Pelosi, and shouting to end the impeachment trial

Did Matt Gaetz get another bad ice cube?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214January 22, 2020 11:02 PM

Senator Jeffries is a beautiful man!

by Anonymousreply 215January 22, 2020 11:38 PM

Again, Representative NOT Senator.

by Anonymousreply 216January 22, 2020 11:51 PM

I think you’re absolutely right r191. This feels like a tipping point.

by Anonymousreply 217January 22, 2020 11:55 PM

Every Trump supporter, seriously every single Trump supporter is a crazed and bitter moron. There is no other way to love this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 218January 23, 2020 12:39 AM

Of course some Trump supporter was a stupid Jesus freak moron that had to be tackled outside of the capitol. Who the hell else would be there supporting the stupid grifter?

by Anonymousreply 219January 23, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote] Senator Jeffries is a beautiful man!

Yeah, he’s movie star pretty.

by Anonymousreply 220January 23, 2020 12:49 AM

cool, in other news, we are turning into a dictatorship. but no biggie.

by Anonymousreply 221January 23, 2020 12:53 AM

and then you have the asshole repubs going on Fox saying that the Democrats are "misrepresenting the facts." How despicable can you be? Lying that someone who is telling the truth is lying. That's fucking evil but that's the repub way

by Anonymousreply 222January 23, 2020 12:55 AM

That sounds desperate, r222.

But we knew that.

by Anonymousreply 223January 23, 2020 12:57 AM

Can someone ask Alexa "how tall is Adam Schiff?" Reply what you get

by Anonymousreply 224January 23, 2020 12:57 AM

Why would she say 5 feet when he's 5'11? I called four friends who confirm she said 5 feet. Is this Russia again?

by Anonymousreply 225January 23, 2020 1:07 AM

TheBeat w/Ari Melber @TheBeatWithAri . @Lawrence on Senator Lindsey Graham living "in terror":

'He now is running in terror of Trump for re-election in South Carolina this year. Every breath, every public word [he] says is based on his terror of what Trump can do to him if he doesn't worship Trump publicly'

by Anonymousreply 226January 23, 2020 1:12 AM

It's boring, this whole show, unless you are a political junkie or hyped up on Trump hatred. Most Americans aren't watching it. It will make no difference.

by Anonymousreply 227January 23, 2020 1:29 AM

Most Americans will see excerpts on the news and read quotes from it. They’ll just get the most intense parts.

by Anonymousreply 228January 23, 2020 1:36 AM

r205, Idiocracy. It's not just a movie anymore.

by Anonymousreply 229January 23, 2020 1:36 AM

R227 You dissemble. "Most Americans don't care..." is true of many things critically important. History cares. Those who care about the republic and the constitution care... "most Americans" care about the flag, but don't pay close attention to what threatens "the republic for which it stands."

by Anonymousreply 230January 23, 2020 2:51 AM

Eleven million people watched the first day, and that was just the procedural maneuvering.

by Anonymousreply 231January 23, 2020 2:58 AM

Wait until the next few polls coming showing support for impeachment at 60, 65%.

These shameless republicans will be singing a different tune next week.

And they forgot one thing. Even though the press isn’t allowed to take pics or video, there is at lease one courtroom artist there and I PRAY she paints a picture of the empty seats.

by Anonymousreply 232January 23, 2020 3:14 AM

Can you imagine what will happen if he is voted out of office?! What wilL the MAGAs do?

by Anonymousreply 233January 23, 2020 3:28 AM

These people are so fucking childish. An embarrassment that they are allegedly the best deliberative body in the world as they bill themselves.

Just minutes into the session, as lead House impeachment manager Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) presented his opening argument for removing the president, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) displayed on his desk a hand-lettered message with big block letters pleading: “S.O.S.” In case that was too subtle, he followed this later with another handwritten message pretending he was an abducted child: “THESE R NOT MY PARENTS!” “PLEASE HELP ME!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 23, 2020 4:04 AM

No wonder his neighbor beat the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 235January 23, 2020 4:16 AM

He’s another one of these that went full blown fascist.

by Anonymousreply 236January 23, 2020 6:34 AM

So what happens next? So far, McDickell has it all going his way.

by Anonymousreply 237January 23, 2020 6:53 AM

Rand Paul needs to be kicked right in his tiny dick.

by Anonymousreply 238January 23, 2020 9:29 AM

Ah, Rand Paul. He's the one who refused to sign the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund! We already know he's a total piece of shit and bound for torture in Hell.

And his hairstyle is hideous.

All-around, an oxygen sucking blight.

by Anonymousreply 239January 23, 2020 11:16 AM

His father Ron Paul was kind of a charming eccentric. Rand lacks the charm.

by Anonymousreply 240January 23, 2020 1:00 PM

Why people like Rand Paul, McConnell etc. get re-elected for DECADES is really beyond me. Their voters must be the dumbest, uneducated people on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 241January 23, 2020 1:06 PM

I love how MSNBC is fawning all over the Democrat lawyers and especially Adam Schiff. Well, he and the rest of the team truly deserve it. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. Half of the Republicans are asleep or they weren't there. So?

by Anonymousreply 242January 23, 2020 2:20 PM

[quote]Their voters must be the dumbest, uneducated people on the planet.

Well, they are republicans after all.

by Anonymousreply 243January 23, 2020 2:24 PM

r239, well does Charlie Pierce call him the sponge-haired spalpeen.

by Anonymousreply 244January 23, 2020 2:26 PM

How are they going to fill 8 hours today? And tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 245January 23, 2020 2:58 PM

Star Trek reruns.

by Anonymousreply 246January 23, 2020 3:01 PM

Today is about the Constitution, remember that? The document at the base of all this process??

This is an important moment in US history - and DL would do well to have a thread not called "Trump Shit Show"... but, oh well. If Trump loses in November (likely, but not by any measure assured), I think somehow the majority of Americans who are amazed that someone so unsuited to the position, who is essentially fascist at his core, got elected - we need to think about how to address the 42% of Americans who wanted what Trump had to offer. How do we love MAGA world and Trumpers back to health and stability? It's a serious question for me.

by Anonymousreply 247January 23, 2020 3:17 PM

What's up with Chris Matthews the past couple days, surprisingly low-key. Schiff is fantastic and I love Jerry Nadler's justifiable outrage.

by Anonymousreply 248January 23, 2020 3:53 PM

[quote]What's up with Chris Matthews the past couple days, surprisingly low-key.

And, his voice is different too. At first, I did not recognize it.

by Anonymousreply 249January 23, 2020 4:01 PM

r249 i wonder if he is unwell or just told to tone it down covering impeachment

by Anonymousreply 250January 23, 2020 4:17 PM

I hear ya R247.

by Anonymousreply 251January 23, 2020 4:21 PM

I was shocked how short Trump attorney Jay Sekulow is, he is almost a little person. He is also a smoker, wonder how he is handling these long sessions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Looks like Sekulow has gained a lot of weight since I saw him last.

by Anonymousreply 253January 23, 2020 5:00 PM

^I want to know how he's getting paid.

by Anonymousreply 254January 23, 2020 5:01 PM

OH JIM LEHRER IS DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 255January 23, 2020 5:08 PM

And so another day begins. Adam Schiff teased us. I thought he was going to talk for a couple of hours, but he only did an introduction for Jerry Nadler. Granted Nadler is bright, but his voice grates on my nerves. He does have those eloquent, manly tones of Adam Schiff who fascinates me with his expertise and passion. Oh my, I am beginning to have daddy thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 256January 23, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote]Why people like Rand Paul, McConnell etc. get re-elected for DECADES is really beyond me. Their voters must be the dumbest, uneducated people on the planet.

And why do you think these two politicians, more than any others, keep cutting funds for education down to a big fat zero, a.k.a. free course of literal Bible interpretation for everyone?

by Anonymousreply 257January 23, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]OH JIM LEHRER IS DEAD!

So young.

by Anonymousreply 258January 23, 2020 5:23 PM

This is Adam's show. In my mind, Nadler has yet to redeem himself fully from that Corey Lewandowski fiasco. THAT WAS A MESS! We need the sharpest and greatest legal minds of this country supporting our side. You see what Trump has done. He's engaged Dershowitz and Starr. Both of them are messes in reality but their reputation and "Q-Rating" makes them valuable. We NEED people that can RIP them to shreds and take that short, smoking, Christian shyster, Jay Sekulow with them. For a nincompoop, like Lewandowski, to pull such an adolescent strategy on Nadler tells me that he is not ready. Also, he falls asleep. He is NOT and asset for our side.

by Anonymousreply 259January 23, 2020 5:28 PM

I cannot imagine three days of hearing Trump's lawyers ramble on for hours and hours. This will be torture for everyone in that hall.

by Anonymousreply 260January 23, 2020 5:34 PM

Nadler cannot even read his speech coherently, much less dramatically. Bring back Schiff who sounds like Shakespeare compared to Nadler's ramblings.

by Anonymousreply 261January 23, 2020 5:36 PM

Bumbling Jerry is not doing our side any favors. And he's not telegenic at all.

Sassy Val and Sexy Hakeem would be better to vary the mix.

by Anonymousreply 262January 23, 2020 5:40 PM

Our side missed an opportunity BUT we can still recover. Call me shallow, (and that's fine because I'm gay), but our team needs a good glam squad! We need a crew that can come in there to do clothing, hair, and make up! You think this sounds silly? HMPH! First, good/quality production gives lasting memories for the television cameras AND this is GOOD television! Therefore, you know who would be bouncing off of the walls and ready to tear the White House down by hand. Second, you will have "those" that will not be able to help themselves and NOT talk about the substance of the case but the other stuff. This is a GOOD thing because most of America don't/can't understand the substantive stuff.

by Anonymousreply 263January 23, 2020 5:42 PM

Hakeem is sexy but his oration is worse than Nadler. Hakeem and the older blonde woman are the weakest speakers.

by Anonymousreply 264January 23, 2020 5:44 PM

What will Trump's lawyers actually do with their 24 hours? They don't really have anything besides the "4 facts will never change" mantra they've already repeated a million times during the House inquiry. Or they could read the transcript of Trump's "perfect" phone call with Zelensky for 4-5 hours.

by Anonymousreply 265January 23, 2020 5:45 PM

Don't blame me. He just shot his load on my blue dress

by Anonymousreply 266January 23, 2020 5:46 PM

Nadler reminds me of an old preacher giving a boring Sunday morning sermon. Droning on about the devil and how everyone is going to hell if they don't repent, while most of the congregation is asleep, looking out the window or just glassy eyed thinking about their fried chicken for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 267January 23, 2020 5:47 PM

I love Zoe, and she was my Congresswoman for years, but she really looks like a pile of laundry now.

by Anonymousreply 268January 23, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]while most of the congregation is asleep, looking out the window or just glassy eyed thinking about their fried chicken for lunch.

And, THAT's what our side needs too! We need leaks! Even if we have to make things up! We need leaks that tell of the Republicans who are not taking this seriously. Slowly, a few little items are leaking out such as Rand Paul working on a crossword puzzle and Lindsey Graham not paying one iota of attention. We need to build a scenario that these Republicans couldn't care less about our nation and this process.

by Anonymousreply 269January 23, 2020 5:51 PM

What did Schiff say about their plan for today. I missed his intro except I heard something about there will be some repetition. Are they going to use their whole time? It does seem a little tedious now.

by Anonymousreply 270January 23, 2020 5:51 PM

Too bad they couldn’t get the witnesses and documents. I don’t see how they will be helpful at the end. It won’t change any of this, presumably, but just confirm it.

by Anonymousreply 271January 23, 2020 5:52 PM

OH! HA! I BET THAT WOKE UP MISS LINDSEY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 272January 23, 2020 5:53 PM

I got a call out, bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 273January 23, 2020 5:57 PM

DAMN IT! He missed it!

Igor Bobic @igorbobic

Lindsey Graham walked out of the chamber moments before Nadler played a clip of him just now

by Anonymousreply 274January 23, 2020 5:58 PM

Well, that should just call attention to the fact that he is breaking the rules.

by Anonymousreply 275January 23, 2020 5:59 PM

Didn't john McCain imply or say that Rand Paul was in with the Russians? Oh yes he did and here is the link to the video. Did Vladdy ask Rand to try and get this trial dismissed?

We should be sharing this video on twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 23, 2020 6:13 PM

Sorry but must scurry out and plan my weekend Gloria Gaynor soiree this weekend. Including my "I Will Survive" invitations sent to our most important American athletes.

by Anonymousreply 277January 23, 2020 6:13 PM

Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT):

Just left the secure room having read the classified document regarding VP Pence’s Sept 18 call w Zelensky.

1. Nothing in it is classified. It should be made part of the public record immediately.

2. Hiding evidence of wrongdoing through bogus classification is unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 278January 23, 2020 6:41 PM

Pass along....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 23, 2020 7:07 PM

Now the R's are handing out fidget spinners. Children.

by Anonymousreply 280January 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Why threaten?

Rudy Giuliani threatens to go public with Biden corruption allegations

Rudy Giuliani, the personal attorney for President Trump, threatened Thursday to go public with information that would expose corruption by 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

“Everything I tried to tell the press last March is now coming out, and more. I will now start to reveal the evidence directly to you, the People,” the former New York mayor tweeted. “The Biden Family Enterprise made millions by selling public office. Then when Joe was Obama’s Point Man, they ALL made millions.”

Giuliani’s claim that he could reveal evidence detrimental to the former vice president follows his offer to testify in Trump’s impeachment trial taking place in the Senate.

“I would love to see a trial. I’d love to be a witness – because I’m a potential witness in the trial – and explain to everyone the corruption that I found in Ukraine, that far out-surpasses any that I’ve ever seen before, involving Joe Biden and a lot of other Democrats,” he said Sunday morning on “The Cats Roundtable” with radio host John Catsimatidis on AM 970.

Giuliani, who is at the center of the impeachment trial for his work on behalf of Trump in Ukraine, has alleged that Biden pressured Ukrainian officials to fire a top prosecutor by withholding millions in guaranteed loans.

He claims that Biden took the action against Viktor Shokin because he was going to investigate Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian company that employed Biden’s son Hunter on its board.

Joe Biden, during a campaign stop in Iowa on Wednesday, defended Hunter, saying “no one has suggested my son did anything wrong.”

(more)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 23, 2020 8:01 PM

Rudy sounds like Trump blathering on about Obama's birth certificate.

by Anonymousreply 282January 23, 2020 8:09 PM

Rudy "Truth Isn't Truth" Guiliani.

by Anonymousreply 283January 23, 2020 8:15 PM

Ruby Julie, Empress of Denture Odor

by Anonymousreply 284January 23, 2020 8:25 PM

Oh, good heavens. This really is a shit show. Where are my pills?

by Anonymousreply 285January 23, 2020 8:55 PM

Miss Lofgren reminds me of my kindergarten teacher and story time.

by Anonymousreply 286January 23, 2020 9:02 PM

When he's impeached will we have to pay to clean the snail trails off all that very historic furniture in the White House?

The furniture in the White House are historic treasures and museum quality.

Talking the Whore going without panties and won't even mention the tRUMP.

by Anonymousreply 287January 23, 2020 9:59 PM

R287 he’s already impeached

by Anonymousreply 288January 23, 2020 10:14 PM

Senator Marco Rubio is taking his notes with an authentic quill pen! Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 289January 23, 2020 10:17 PM

^ Oh, they all have a sense of humor over this. Well... maybe not Marco. His psychosis might be revealing itself.

by Anonymousreply 290January 23, 2020 10:21 PM

R288 you knew what I meant, Miss Crabapple

Convicted.

by Anonymousreply 291January 23, 2020 10:25 PM

R290, It's what a badly educated person would think is "historic" and "sophisticated."

by Anonymousreply 292January 23, 2020 10:26 PM

Ah, R278! I love Chris Murphy. He may dress like a mortician but he's passionate enough of a senator that you just know that he fucks like a machine. ❤ CMurphy

by Anonymousreply 293January 23, 2020 10:29 PM

I read somewhere that Susan “The Class Snitch” Collins passed a note to CJ Roberts complaining about Jerry Nadler.

Here’s the video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 23, 2020 10:36 PM

[quote]Now the R's are handing out fidget spinners. Children.

Are you being a smart as or did that really happen?

by Anonymousreply 295January 23, 2020 10:38 PM

*smartass

by Anonymousreply 296January 23, 2020 10:38 PM

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear they were dropping their pants and shitting on a copy of the Constitution in an effort to distract the speakers.

by Anonymousreply 297January 23, 2020 10:46 PM

It’s hard to see how they can drag this out until 10:30, but I think that’s what McConnell just said. CNN says they want to use the prime time for TV.

by Anonymousreply 298January 23, 2020 11:20 PM

Now if they just shut off all the cable channels and FORCED American to watch history in the making, ~~~ I wonder if anything would change.

by Anonymousreply 299January 23, 2020 11:38 PM

It kills me that this Trump shit is the most severe impeachable stuff to happen in the history of our country and it's all been decided already. I hope Biden, when he wins, wrestles Trump to the floor on inauguration day and farts in his face

by Anonymousreply 300January 23, 2020 11:58 PM

It’s official Susan Collins is a cunt - trying to get the press removed from the gallery!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301January 24, 2020 12:01 AM

Collins, Graham, and McConnell need to be dragged straight to Hell.

by Anonymousreply 302January 24, 2020 12:42 AM

I fantasize about stomping Mitch McConnell in his face until I feel my boot crushing his windpipe.

by Anonymousreply 303January 24, 2020 12:48 AM

There's only one tv camera allowed and that is CSPAN. I really wish there was another camera roving showing people coming and going, sleeping and who knows what else.

by Anonymousreply 304January 24, 2020 1:28 AM

Biden-Demings 2020?

by Anonymousreply 305January 24, 2020 2:00 AM

If the Dems have more time to present, I hope they will spend it going over, again and again, how this sets an awful precedence for the future. A future Dem President will be guided by the precedence that the Senate is settling with their vote.

by Anonymousreply 306January 24, 2020 3:36 AM

YAY, ADAM SCHIFF!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 24, 2020 3:52 AM

What we need is for Nancy to tell the Senate that she will call Bolton and the others; and subpoena the paper evidence for additional hearings in the House, if they refuse to vote to do so.

by Anonymousreply 308January 24, 2020 4:00 AM

Here ya go R295

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309January 24, 2020 4:09 AM

It’s important to remember that it is still a plus for the Dems if the trial shows how corrupt Trump is, as well as how corrupt the Republican Senators are as well; even if the Senate does not convict.

by Anonymousreply 310January 24, 2020 4:10 AM

Trump made a fool out of Romney when he interviewed him for Secretary of State, with no intention of ever hiring him. You could see the humiliation in Romney’s expression when they were filmed having dinner. I’ll bet Trump didn't tell him there would be cameras. I’m sure Romney despises him.

by Anonymousreply 311January 24, 2020 4:13 AM

Schiffs closIng statement from last night 9 minutes long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312January 24, 2020 11:14 AM

Here's something to consider and pass along--for information purposes...

"I think there is a kind of informal mutual assistance operation or agreement developing between Trump and Facebook. Facebook will work together to reelect Trump, and Trump will work to protect Facebook so that this situation cannot be changed, and it makes me very concerned about the outcome for 2020."

George Soros at the recent Davos conference

by Anonymousreply 313January 24, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]I fantasize about stomping Mitch McConnell in his face until I feel my boot crushing his windpipe.

Basically I just hate 40% of my fellow Americans. Those politicians would turn on a dime if the electorate turned on trump. That said, I wish McConnell would fucking die already. He has shown how loathsome he is long before the trump reign.

by Anonymousreply 314January 24, 2020 12:54 PM

Not a rumor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 24, 2020 1:05 PM

My partner's 78 year old mother, life long Democrat, who rarely says a vulgar thing, announced yesterday that Mitch looks like "A scrotum in a suit". Love her!

by Anonymousreply 316January 24, 2020 1:07 PM

R306, the word you want is "precedent."

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 317January 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Yeah r317, but precedence sounds more sparkly somehow.

by Anonymousreply 318January 24, 2020 1:52 PM

Every school or college kid sits in class 8 hours each day, but somehow these overpaid, corrupt assholes can't sit in an important hearing for a couple of hours without stress balls, fidget spinners and endless whining. They should all be voted out of office in November for being whiny, lazy bitches.

by Anonymousreply 319January 24, 2020 2:27 PM

I wonder if Sanders will get caught nodding off again today?

by Anonymousreply 320January 24, 2020 2:31 PM

DEVOTED AF!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321January 24, 2020 2:35 PM

[quote]Every school or college kid sits in class 8 hours each day, but somehow these overpaid, corrupt assholes can't sit in an important hearing for a couple of hours without stress balls, fidget spinners and endless whining.

IMHO, The republicans refuse to accept and/or acknowledge the severity of these proceedings. For them this is simply politics as usual and they are just paying the political game.

by Anonymousreply 322January 24, 2020 2:41 PM

Actually kids at school get up for about 10 mins out of every hour plus they get a lunch and/or a recess or pe break. Also, they usually get to participate in the class, not just sit and listen. I don’t think the fidget spinners or drawing or walking around are really bad if they are listening. Even leaving the room briefly to go to the toilet is reasonable. These are old men who probably have prostate problems. Anyway, their restrooms can’t accommodate everyone at once during their breaks. If they are in the room most of the time, they are being exposed to the narrative and there really is some repetition.

by Anonymousreply 323January 24, 2020 2:53 PM

These are Moscow Mitch's rules and his caucus of cunts can't even respect him by abiding by them. I wouldn't expect them to show any respect to the Dem impeachment managers, but they can't even follow their own (admittedly stupid) rules of conduct.

by Anonymousreply 324January 24, 2020 2:58 PM

At least they didn’t go with two 12 hour days! Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 325January 24, 2020 3:06 PM

Oh crap, now CNN is talking about the Biden’s being sleazy. They’re doing a “both sides” kind of thing. Talk about playing into the hands of the Rethugs.

by Anonymousreply 326January 24, 2020 3:35 PM

What the Hell is the matter with MSNBC's Chris Matthews, he just called Bloomberg Mini-Mike, Trumps nickname for him. How fucking unprofessional can you get? It is past time for this old idiot to hang it up and way past time to MSNBC to dump him.

by Anonymousreply 327January 24, 2020 3:44 PM

^IMHO, Matthews is discouraged, disappointed, etc. He's a stone liberal and he might be overzealous with his hatred of Trump. But, he's resigned himself to the fact that Trump is going to get away with this.

by Anonymousreply 328January 24, 2020 3:49 PM

[quote]Oh crap, now CNN is talking about the Biden’s being sleazy. They’re doing a “both sides” kind of thing. Talk about playing into the hands of the Rethugs.

It wasn't nearly as bad as you make it sound. Calm down, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 329January 24, 2020 3:55 PM

IMHO, Matthews isn't as liberal as people or Matthews like to think he is, Matthews is extremely fond of the Reagan years and many Republicans. Matthews famously said about Obama "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" and for some reason that solidified him as a liberal for some strange reason in peoples minds. He is a moderate, certainly not a progressive.

by Anonymousreply 330January 24, 2020 4:04 PM

Matthews is liberal in an old-school, Tip O'Neil, union, working class way. Or said another way, he's really old. That doesn't always play well in the current woke world of "progressive" rhetoric.

Schiff's speech last night sealed this effort for history - the Republicans will acquit, but the Democrats won history.

by Anonymousreply 331January 24, 2020 4:35 PM

Trump on tape saying “get rid of her!”

by Anonymousreply 332January 24, 2020 4:43 PM

Hmmm, Susan Collins votes to acquit AND we get to see her head on a pike. That’s a win-win.

by Anonymousreply 333January 24, 2020 4:55 PM

[quote]Matthews is liberal in an old-school, Tip O'Neil, union, working class way. Or said another way, he's really old. That doesn't always play well in the current woke world of "progressive" rhetoric.

That might have something to do with the fact that REAL progressives understand that millions of working class, tax-paying Americans are shockingly NOT white and people like Matthews can't seem to comprehend that fact whereas progressives actually do. He also doesn't understand that those same people along with far more educated, middle/upper class people who fall into the non-white category don't see Trump's white supremacist rhetoric as something to ever take lightly. So when people like Matthews say you're supposed to appeal to the working class, he actually means white people without regard for the others who are subject to Trump's venom which leads to his parasitic followers acting on his hate. Matthews refers to anyone non-white -regardless of how many generations they've been here- as "ethnic."

Matthews is in no way the enemy, but he's just not evolved enough anymore.

by Anonymousreply 334January 24, 2020 5:16 PM

R334 Mostly agree, although all POC are not "woke" in the progressive way you posit. 30% of Latino voters chose Trump. Also, I think this decade needs to be different from the past 10-15 years, and we need new ideas, new paradigms. Frankly (and I am a card carrying DSA member) the left hasn't been very productive.

Not absolutely related - Matthew's "working class" (whom you seem to want revoke their membership in "oppressed" classes) elected Trump in PA, MI and WI. How does the left appeal to them, or do you want to be "right" more than "win"?

by Anonymousreply 335January 24, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]30% of Latino voters chose Trump

I've heard this. I'd actually want a breakdown because if they're mostly Cuban, that's not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 336January 24, 2020 6:02 PM

Love Hakeem, but he needed to practice a bit under Rev Al or Barber before he tried to preach and close a sermon. His delivery? .... cute. Coached properly? ....HISTORIC!

by Anonymousreply 337January 24, 2020 6:04 PM

I'd love to have had playtime with him during his college days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338January 24, 2020 6:09 PM

Susie "The Snitch" Collins needs to get her ass kicked by the bad girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339January 24, 2020 6:18 PM

[quote]Not absolutely related - Matthew's "working class" (whom you seem to want revoke their membership in "oppressed" classes) elected Trump in PA, MI and WI. How does the left appeal to them, or do you want to be "right" more than "win"?

If Trump having zero redeemable qualities, being hateful and pushing policies specifically for the wealthiest aren't enough reason for them NOT to vote for him, there's nothing that needs to be done. Pretending Dem policies do not specifically benefit the working class is ridiculous. Pretending the Dems have any policies that somehow elevate any other group beyond EQUALITY is ridiculous. It seems a lot of "working people" in PA, MI and WI, mistake their own prejudice for what they deem Dem policies that somehow elevate anyone who isn't them. Bullshit. These people want to be coddled specifically for what they are - they're the ones who want "special rights."

Trump appealed to them via these "special rights," so let's not pretend we don't know why Trump won over a lot of these people. This silver-spooned, arrogant, elitist, racist asshole from NYC appealed to their worst instincts about their fellow citizens.

by Anonymousreply 340January 24, 2020 6:25 PM

FYI:

Trump impeachment trial TV audience drops 19% on second day

Discuss....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341January 24, 2020 6:58 PM

(47 min ago)

Sen. Marsha Blackburn @MarshaBlackburn

Consider the impeachment* scam a failed sales pitch.

It’s time to get back to fighting for what Tennesseans want from Washington: better trade, a secure border and tax cuts.

(Marsha Blackburn Brought Neo-Confederate Secessionist To Deliver Prayer To Congress)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 24, 2020 7:06 PM

Republicans have considerable experience with cognitively impaired, poorly functioning presidents. I think they decided to go along with Trump's nomination in 2016 on the assumption that he'd be another marionette they could work from behind the scenes like Alzheimers patient Ronald Reagan and wet-brained George W. Bush. I wouldn't be surprised if they're counting on him to deteriorate to the point where he's more easily managed.

by Anonymousreply 343January 24, 2020 7:19 PM

R343, the problem is he’s completely deteriorating and is becoming even less easily managed.

by Anonymousreply 344January 24, 2020 7:51 PM

"It’s time to get back to fighting for what Tennesseans want from Washington: better trade, a secure border and tax cuts."

Exactly what part of Tennessee will the border wall cover?

by Anonymousreply 345January 24, 2020 7:57 PM

The Republican Senators are idiots. All they have to do is vote to convict Trump and have him removed. New York state has enough it seems to get started on lawsuits against him and that will get rid of his attacks.

Just listening to his abuse of powers--him wholesale instructing his admin to ignore subpoenas is enough.

Obstructing justice is not cool!

by Anonymousreply 346January 24, 2020 9:58 PM

R345, forget that. that bitch talking about "tax cuts" is fucking laughable considering TN is in the Top 15 MOOCHER states. I like how she acts as though it isn't MY fucking NYC money she's taking for her shit, regressive state.

Who the fuck do these people from states that pay for NOTHING and only take and take think they are pretending as though they're not the equivalent of babies who can't take care of themselves? These red state hicks contribute nothing but their overwhelming ignorance. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 347January 24, 2020 11:19 PM

This has to be the MOST PATHETIC thread of the year, and January isn’t even over yet.

by Anonymousreply 348January 24, 2020 11:31 PM

I would think that Mississippi, Alabama or Kentucky were the poorest states in the union.

by Anonymousreply 349January 24, 2020 11:36 PM

KY is #3 as far as mooching. To have not one, but TWO POS senators -one of whom is the evil majority leader and the other a "libertarian"- dependent on predominantly blue state money is one of the most despicable and hypocritical aspects of our system.

Absolutely appalling that leeches have this much power over the majority of this country who have to provide for them on top of having them control the direction of the country. It's absolute bullshit. I hate that part of the country so much. I fucking can't stand that assholes like Schumer know god damned well that we in NY provide so much and get less back and he doesn't have the guts to call out McConnell and his shit state right on the floor whenever he says stupid shit about "paying" for things knowing full-well his shit state pays less than nothing. You know that hick would say it in a heartbeat if KY were actually providing for NY.

by Anonymousreply 350January 24, 2020 11:59 PM

Someone needs to kick Marsha Blackburn right in her evil dried up meth granny cunt.

by Anonymousreply 351January 25, 2020 6:30 AM

MMPH! Jay Sekulow is short and fat. Now, I never would have imagined that given his previous television appearances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 25, 2020 12:46 PM

I swear he's gained 50 pounds in the last two months, R252. Stress eating, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 353January 25, 2020 12:49 PM

Stress eating and scotch r352 aka the Barr/Pompeo diet

by Anonymousreply 354January 25, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote]Jay Sekulow is short and fat.

Also, craven and evil, a despicable human being.

by Anonymousreply 355January 25, 2020 1:50 PM

Isn't jay S. one of those Jew for Jesus guys?

You would think considering he has a thick head of hair, he;d keep in shape at his age because he could pass for younger if he took care of himself.

by Anonymousreply 356January 25, 2020 3:51 PM

What are these people eating? All of them are fat and they all wobble back and forth like a penguin when they walk.

by Anonymousreply 357January 25, 2020 4:43 PM

Schaffer’s & Company will be all over the Sunday shows.

by Anonymousreply 358January 25, 2020 4:58 PM

That’s Schiff and Company. Good God, autocorrect completely changed it!

by Anonymousreply 359January 25, 2020 4:59 PM

17 min ago

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Any fair minded person watching the Senate trial today would be able to see how unfairly I have been treated and that this is indeed the totally partisan Impeachment Hoax that EVERYBODY, including the Democrats, truly knows it is. This should never be allowed to happen again!

by Anonymousreply 360January 25, 2020 5:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361January 25, 2020 6:01 PM

^He says nothing. It's always so much nothing.

by Anonymousreply 362January 25, 2020 6:02 PM

They should all sit in a hot tub and someone throw a radio in with them.

by Anonymousreply 363January 25, 2020 6:25 PM

[quote]The Republican Senators are idiots. All they have to do is vote to convict Trump and have him removed. New York state has enough it seems to get started on lawsuits against him and that will get rid of his attacks.

Trump is not a threat to Republican congresspersons.

Putin is.

They are tied to Russian money and paralyzed by whatever kompromat Putin has on them.

They care about money and image.

by Anonymousreply 364January 25, 2020 6:30 PM

Jeffrey Toobin on impeachment trial: Trump is winning here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365January 25, 2020 8:12 PM

Toobin's point is that Trump is winning because the Senate is already poised to acquit him and the defense lawyers only have to provide some cover for the GOP by not falling on their faces.

by Anonymousreply 366January 25, 2020 10:27 PM

Right, not that they have winning arguments.

by Anonymousreply 367January 25, 2020 10:32 PM

Weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down, at R361.

by Anonymousreply 368January 25, 2020 11:25 PM

R366, but that was true from the very beginning. No one was going to move that dial. The audience for this is history and the voters.

by Anonymousreply 369January 25, 2020 11:39 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!

Look at this! Something is wrong with Rudy. While I rarely to never ever watch Pirro, I don't believe that I have ever seen her so uncomfortable doing an interview!

Sorry about the FOX clip but they're the latest uploading on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 26, 2020 3:32 AM

I know that public figures find it harder to ever sue for defamation of character, libel, or slander, but we need to see that. When Rudy and others just make things up, and slur individuals with the most vial accusations, they need to be held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 371January 26, 2020 3:56 AM

SNL said it perfectly tonight. "What's the matter with America. We have been taking out dictators all over the world for decades and we don't even know how to take out our own."

by Anonymousreply 372January 26, 2020 4:26 AM

Is it wrong that I’m sexually attracted to Hogan Gidley? If so, how wrong?

by Anonymousreply 373January 26, 2020 1:51 PM

What did we learn from the #TrumpTapes?

✅ Trump is only scared of Bernie Sanders.

✅ Trump wanted Joe Biden to run.

I hope the campaign does an ad with the audio!

by Anonymousreply 374January 26, 2020 1:52 PM

One thing chief Justice Roberts has to know is that he alone can save the Repugs from themselves. Because here's the thing if the Repugs acquit Trump they seal their fate. I think that in their heart of hearts they know that.

by Anonymousreply 375January 26, 2020 1:58 PM

R374 = Bernie Twitter bot

by Anonymousreply 376January 26, 2020 3:16 PM

Okay...

This made me laugh out loud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 27, 2020 5:01 PM

Laurence Tribe @tribelaw: Ken Starr’s argument that the Constitution’s text and history make violation of an “established crime” essential to presidential impeachment is extremely weak, even pathetically so.

Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse: This speech about how impeachment proceedings have become a partisan tool that's used too often would have been less laughable if it had been given by literally anyone other than Ken Starr.

Paul Begala @PaulBegala: Ken Starr pushed so rabidly for the impeachment of Pres. Clinton that his ethics adviser resigned, telling Starr, `You have violated your obligations under the independent counsel statute and have unlawfully intruded on the power of impeachment.”

Joy Reid @JoyAnnReid: It is so deeply ironic to hear Ken Starr ... KEN STARR!!! ... argue that removing a president through impeachment is too grave a disruption without a bipartisan consensus. Bill Clinton won a popular vote AND EC vote TWICE; he was popular, and his impeachment was purely political.

by Anonymousreply 378January 27, 2020 6:11 PM

OH! The Republicans found a woman to put before the cameras and on our television screens!

by Anonymousreply 379January 27, 2020 7:27 PM

I haven't paid a bit of attention to this travesty until just a little while ago, when i was in the gym in my building and people were watching this on the overhead monitor.

I've never heard such sanctimonious bullshit come out of somebody's mouth as Ken Starr preaching about the sanctity of the Constitution and its writers original intents. How the fuck does this gas bag know what a bunch of slave owning, white gasbags intended 250 years ago?

Save that shit for Trump's idiotic, no-nothing Deplorable fan base.

by Anonymousreply 380January 27, 2020 7:35 PM

What the HELL is Pam Biondi wearing? SHEESH!

by Anonymousreply 381January 27, 2020 8:44 PM

That Pam Bondi talks like a dumb high school girl.

by Anonymousreply 382January 27, 2020 9:03 PM

Hunter Bidenis on trial now by this sassy old queen.

by Anonymousreply 383January 27, 2020 9:21 PM

White House Claim: President Trump was deeply concerned about corruption in Ukraine.

Reality: In two calls with President Zelensky, Trump does not mention “corruption” at all, only the two specific investigations for his personal political benefit.

by Anonymousreply 384January 27, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote]What the HELL is Pam Biondi wearing? SHEESH!

Sagging breasts, etc...

More to come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385January 27, 2020 9:35 PM

Fuller shot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386January 27, 2020 9:36 PM

Obama is bad. Biden is worse. Hunter is a national threat. Fuck these people. I want to cry.

by Anonymousreply 387January 27, 2020 9:39 PM

No mention of Hillary’s emails??

Progress!

by Anonymousreply 388January 27, 2020 9:43 PM

Elie Mystal @ElieNYC: If you are wondering why I'm no longer tweeting about the legal arguments, it's because the @realDonaldTrump team has stopped making any even legal arguments altogether. We are in the "Infowars" section of #Impeachment. We don't need a lawyer for this, just a bath.

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood: Trump team’s Pam Bondi now using Senate impeachment trial to do to the Bidens what Trump sought to do via Zelensky announcement

Walter Shaub @waltshaub: Ah, we've arrived at the "I'm not impeached, you're impeached" part of the proceedings in which Pam Bondi will lecture us on corruption and why Biden should be impeached.

Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen: Gotta love Pam Bondi - the former Florida attorney general who took $25,000 from Trump's foundation, just as she was considering an investigation into his sham university, before ultimately blocking the case and hiding the donation - lecturing us on corruption right now.

EJ Dionne @EJDionne: @RepAdamSchiff ⁩ said you could always trust the president to “do what’s right for Donald #Trump.” This applies well beyond #impeachment. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a president who cared about our problems, and not just himself?

Lisa Yee @LisaYee1: Watching the Impeachment Trial of Joe Biden. Wait. What? Oh. It’s Trump’s trial. #impeachment

by Anonymousreply 389January 27, 2020 9:43 PM

[quote] Pam Bondi will lecture us on corruption

Hehe.

by Anonymousreply 390January 27, 2020 9:47 PM

"What the HELL is Pam Biondi wearing? SHEESH! "

I was trying to place it, and then realized she shops at the Dress Barn on the planet Romulus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 27, 2020 10:04 PM

I thought Pam Bondi's outfit was perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 27, 2020 10:15 PM

A GOP SENATOR PROPOSES A WITNESS DEAL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 393January 27, 2020 10:59 PM

GOP senator in talks with Republican colleagues about ‘one-for-one’ witness deal in Trump impeachment trial

by Caitlin Yilek

January 27, 2020 06:07 PM

An influential Republican senator has spoken with several of his GOP colleagues in recent days about making a deal with Senate Democrats to call just two witnesses in President Trump’s impeachment trial.

Sen. Patrick Toomey of Pennsylvania told his colleagues that a “one-for-one” deal with Senate Democrats might be necessary, especially as pressure builds for witness testimony, according to the Washington Post.

Toomey has discussed the proposal with Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah as well as others. Two Senate Republican aides said Romney was generally supportive of the proposal but had not yet backed any specific plan.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky has thus far not been open to the potential deal, telling Senate Republicans to hold off on any witness deal until after Trump’s defense team is done making its case.

Romney and Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine said earlier Monday that they expected other Republicans to support a call for witnesses after new revelations from former national security adviser John Bolton.

Bolton alleged in his forthcoming book that Trump made aid to Ukraine conditional on the country announcing an investigation into his political rival Joe Biden, which undermines the Trump defense team's claim that the freeze of security assistance was separate from the president pressuring Kyiv to announce investigations into Biden.

Earlier this month, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas proposed trading testimony from Bolton for testimony from Biden’s son, Hunter, who was on the board of a Ukrainian gas company when his father was vice president. Most Democrats have dismissed Cruz’s proposal.

Last week, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York said Democrats would not consider such a deal. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff of California additionally said it would be an “an illegitimate abuse of the trial” if Hunter Biden were called to testify.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 27, 2020 11:02 PM

I'm trying to follow Robert Ray, but I am too stupid to figure where he's going.

by Anonymousreply 395January 27, 2020 11:22 PM

Great. Now it's the Dershowitz shit show.

by Anonymousreply 396January 27, 2020 11:50 PM

Ari Melber @AriMelber: Dershowitz is now literally contradicting the life’s work of his Trump *co-counsel* Ken Starr, who pushed abuse of power as an article of impeachment against Clinton. What does it say that Trump’s own lawyers!don’t agree with each other’s work on their defense?

Mike Warren @MichaelRWarren: By my count there are 7 sitting senators who went to Harvard Law School during Dershowitz’s tenure there, plus Elizabeth Warren, who taught there.

Jonathan Chait @jonathanchait: Even National Review has rejected Dershowitz's nonsense argument that "abuse of power" is not impeachable

Jonathan Alter @jonathanalter: Who cares about the Johnson impeachment? It's hardly binding precedent. And why do I think Dershowitz will forget to mention that 41 witnesses were called in 1868? P.S. Abuse of power has been an article in every presidential impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 397January 28, 2020 12:10 AM

Senators like Joni (I want to speak to the manager) Ernst, will snore out during the Dershowitz segment, but will say that he's a smart lawyer and therefore agree with whatever he's saying. Even though they don't understand a bit of it.

by Anonymousreply 398January 28, 2020 12:23 AM

No one could understand it. It is fucking nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 399January 28, 2020 12:25 AM

Dersh and Starr both trying to "explain" why what they said and believed during the Clinton impeachment is not longer what they believe regarding the Trump impeachment. Well, actually Dersh is scrambling, hemming and hawing... Starr just ignored it with his faux uptrodden Maryland-elite consonants arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 400January 28, 2020 12:29 AM

Dershowitz sets up straw men and knocks them down. He attributes attitudes of modern judges to the Founding Fathers. He admits that there are good arguments on the other side but he just thinks his judgment is better. It would be so easy to refute him, but this format doesn’t lend itself to debate.

by Anonymousreply 401January 28, 2020 12:58 AM

An astonishing self-referential argument from Professor Dershowitz… how many times did he mention "me", "what I think" etc etc. In any normal world, he didn't help the President, at all.

by Anonymousreply 402January 28, 2020 1:02 AM

Grant Stern @grantstern: If Alan Dershowitz's arguments are so sound and persuasive, then why did he have to tell the Senate that he's not "bonkers"?

Kenneth P. Vogel @kenvogel: Alan Dershowitz’s defense of Trump appears to be largely about Alan Dershowitz.

Wajahat "Abu Khadija" Ali @WajahatAli: Will Alan Dershowitz get any more Martha's Vineyard invites? America must know.

John Nichols @NicholsUprising: “... me... me... me, me... me, me,me... I... I... me... me, me, me... me, me... I... me... me, me, me... I do my own research... me... me, me, me... I... me... thank you for your close attention to... me... me, me.” — Alan Dershowitz sums up what he knows about #impeachment

by Anonymousreply 403January 28, 2020 1:12 AM

OOPSY....

Bolton told Barr he was concerned Trump did favors for autocrats: report

Former national security adviser John Bolton reportedly told Attorney General William Barr that he feared President Trump was granting personal favors to the leaders of China and Turkey.

Bolton recounted the episode in a draft version of his upcoming memoir, according to people familiar with the manuscript who spoke to The New York Times on the condition of anonymity.

Bolton reportedly wrote that Barr responded that he was worried Trump may have created the appearance of having improper influence over investigations involving companies based in those two countries during personal conversations with the leaders of China and Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 404January 28, 2020 1:24 AM

Wow....

Ari Melber @AriMelber: Trump added Starr and Dershowitz to his defense team to “bring it home” — so it’s striking to see how their presentations today have ranged from legally ineffective to outright backfiring.

Elizabeth Warren @SenWarren: Alan Dershowitz’s argument is contrary to both law & fact.

Jeremy Herb @jeremyherb: I spotted more than a dozen Republican senators come up to shake Dershowitz's hand after the Senate adjourned -- and Sen. Joe Manchin. McConnell could be heard from the gallery telling Dershowitz "wonderful"

by Anonymousreply 405January 28, 2020 1:29 AM

R405 Dershowitz needed to "give cover" to Senators who will vote to dismiss, or acquit. That's McConnell's response - the appearance of reason and alignment to the Constitution... that's all the Repub Senators need. Arguments on the substance of the articles of impeachment? Irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 406January 28, 2020 1:36 AM

I can't say it enough: The fact that so many millions of us are beholden to absolute shit states that literally contribute nothing and would shrivel up and die without the money provided to them by us like KY, like TN, like WV...is sickening beyond belief. We are held hostage by mooching, regressive trash with populations smaller than major blue cities.

That McConnell from the third biggest loser/moocher state CONTROLS the senate, is disgusting. Fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 407January 28, 2020 1:43 AM

They're punking you again, folks. Don't get your hopes up. Russiapublicans set these traps and the Democrats walk right into them. They are controlling the narrative, same as when they turned the Kavanaugh confirmation into, "If it wasn't rape- then you must appoint!".

by Anonymousreply 408January 28, 2020 1:43 AM

Coorection: not beholden, bound

by Anonymousreply 409January 28, 2020 1:44 AM

It's being reported on Rachel Maddow that #MoscowMitch is now pissed because the WH had Bolton's book for months and did not give him a "heads-up" about what's in it, etc. Also, Bolton and his publisher have stated that they gave the WH ONE hardback copy of the book for vetting. Clearly, additional copies were made and that's who is doing the leaking. It is expected that there are more revelations to come out in the succeeding days. So, R408... either the Republicans and the Trump WH are extremely skillful in designing machinations or this is just one big fuc... MESS!

by Anonymousreply 410January 28, 2020 1:49 AM

Oh god, thank the celestial stars! Us non-paying trash can post again. What a marathon of prime-time that was!

This is such a huge mess for the republican senate. Do they have any idea how STUPID they look?

by Anonymousreply 411January 28, 2020 2:07 AM

The couldn’t look any stupider than the couple times Trump invited the media to record his cabinet’s degradation when they went around the table praising Trump.

by Anonymousreply 412January 28, 2020 2:24 AM

Trump is used to looking stupid in the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 28, 2020 4:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 28, 2020 11:53 AM

Pam Bondi had a speed dating event to go to after yesterday's session.

by Anonymousreply 415January 28, 2020 11:58 AM

I thought I heard that the president’s lawyers were only going to use about 2 hours afternoon. Does that mean they will start the questioning then? Or will they move to dismiss?

by Anonymousreply 416January 28, 2020 2:13 PM

At some time they will vote to hear witnesses or not. I think it will be a vote for each specified witness. Mitch will probably want to get that over with before more news makes it even harder to vote “no”, but it might be already too late for that.

by Anonymousreply 417January 28, 2020 3:18 PM

We want this to go into at least next week! When is the STOU? Trump will never be able to give that address without cracking. Just ANOTHER brilliant play by Miss Nancy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 28, 2020 3:58 PM

This is wrapping up before Superbowl Sunday, folks. As planned.

by Anonymousreply 419January 28, 2020 4:31 PM

R419 The interesting development is... you don't know that. No one really knows how this will play out. It's still 99% that he'll be acquitted - but when, how, with what damage... unknown. "As planned".... was to vote to dismiss by this Friday. That's not happening.

Look for McConnell (who intends to survive Trump, if Trump's not re-elected) to promote the idea of witnesses. He's so adept to completely changing his position and not appearing to.

by Anonymousreply 420January 28, 2020 4:38 PM

At this point if you were a Republican you'd have to be thinking, " geeze we have a corrupt, loose canon here who just runs his mouth off to anyone and everyone. A book is coming out, the Ukrainian mob guys have recordings and Guiliani has 'insurance'. What else is going to come out that's going to make me look like an idiot if I keep supporting this shit?"

by Anonymousreply 421January 28, 2020 4:49 PM

[quote] "As planned".... was to vote to dismiss by this Friday

"As planned"... was to dismiss the whole case back in Decemeber.

by Anonymousreply 422January 28, 2020 4:55 PM

Bloomberg:

Trump Defense Finale Puts GOP Near Moment of Reckoning on Bolton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 28, 2020 5:29 PM

Sekulow is coming across a bit more animated today. I guess Trump got on all of their asses as coming across as too boring on the television.

by Anonymousreply 424January 28, 2020 5:43 PM

Matthew Miller @matthewamiller: Sekulow is going full Hannity on the Senate floor.

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood: it makes sense that Sekulow is sounding less like a lawyer than a Fox prime-time host. his audience is exclusively Republican politicians, for whom Fox News is the center of power

Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse: Sekulow’s closing argument is filled with so many right-wing conspiracy theories it sounds like he’s calling a game of Sean Hannity Bingo.

Laurence Tribe @tribelaw: Jay Sekulow seems unaware that he is now waiving whatever executive privilege might have shielded Bolton’s account of his interactions with Trump. And he’s strengthening the case for subpoenaing Bolton right away.

Claire McCaskill @clairecmc: You can’t make this up. Sekulow basically arguing you need to call Bolton as a witness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425January 28, 2020 6:11 PM

Mike Lupica @MikeLupica: The only reason Sekulow isn't the dumbest lawyer to ever speak on the floor of the Senate is because he's on the same legal team as Pam Bondi, someone you wouldn't hire to fix a parking ticket.

Seth Abramson @SethAbramson: Trump attorney Jay Sekulow just said the Ukraine aid was released in "orderly fashion" when thousands of pages of documentary evidence confirm it was ABSOLUTE MAYHEM

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood: Sekulow just asserted that Ukraine didn’t even know aid was being held up this is false per NYT reporting show Ukraine knew from early August

Elie Mystal @ElieNYC: Christ, Sekulow up now. "It's not a game of leaks, and unsourced manuscripts." It's RIDICULOUS to call Bolton's book "unsourced" when you won't call him to testify ABOUT THE NOTES HE WROTE HIS BOOK OFF OF. #ImpeachmentTrial

David Corn @DavidCornDC: Sekulow on the Senate floor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426January 28, 2020 6:21 PM

Contact your Senators and demand witnesses.

Don’t use the excuse that they are safe Republicans. They need to all feel the heat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427January 28, 2020 8:10 PM

Every time I see that picture at R414, I think of the composite fiber moving blankets in the trunk of my car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 28, 2020 8:31 PM

It appears as if McConnell is losing the vote re calling witnesses. KEEP CALLING THESE SENATORS! GET YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY INVOLVED TOO!

by Anonymousreply 429January 28, 2020 10:04 PM

Maine Sen. Angus King said last week that 95% of calls to his office were in favor of calling witnesses. This week, it must be 100%, and I imagine the same is true for Susan Collins.

by Anonymousreply 430January 28, 2020 10:15 PM

R427- I have been calling that useless as tits on a nun Rob Portman every fucking day for TWO WEEKS demanding witnesses. Rarely does anyone answer the phone and twice the voicemail has been full. I know that sniveling coward is getting lit up with calls.

I also make sure to point out that if would bother to show his face at a town hall, he could hear this first hand but since he had no spine, it would be difficult to take the heat.

Fuck that useless "pro life"NRA dick sucker.

by Anonymousreply 431January 28, 2020 10:59 PM

I’ll repeat, if a senator feels the case hasn’t been made, then they should call for more witnesses and documents from the prosecution.

In contrast, if a senator thinks the case for conviction has been successfully made, they might feel there is no need to hear more from the prosecutors, since you can’t be proven more guilty than guilty. This is the only legit reason to vote for no witnesses nor docs.

I just heard a Republican on TV say they don’t want to hear more since, they stated, the prosecution hadn’t made the case for removal. That initially sounds ok, but if you think about it, it’s a stupid excuse.

by Anonymousreply 432January 28, 2020 11:10 PM

If they vote to allow witnesses, including Bolton, then Trump is fucked. More information works against the Republicans. And more info will keep surfacing.

by Anonymousreply 433January 28, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote]Maine Sen. Angus King said last week that 95% of calls to his office were in favor of calling witnesses

He told MSNBC today that he thinks the Republicans will ultimately block witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 434January 28, 2020 11:54 PM

[quote]He told MSNBC today that he thinks the Republicans will ultimately block witnesses.

While it is not in the bag, this is simply politics. The questions start tomorrow and here will be the opportunity to rip the Republican defense apart. It really depends on the questions. It's being reported that Trump is not happy. So....

by Anonymousreply 435January 29, 2020 12:00 AM

A measure of victory has already been achieved... Bolton and now with John Kelly backing him up... no one can reasonably think 1) what Trump did is ok and 2) no witness should be called. It's absolutely possible that the Republicans will vote for no witnesses on Friday. It's certain that they will eventually vote to acquit, no matter what....

… but they have still lost.

by Anonymousreply 436January 29, 2020 3:20 AM

Did Sanders manage to stay awake through today's proceedings?

by Anonymousreply 437January 29, 2020 4:29 AM

HE SURE IS!

Seth Abramson @SethAbramson: Wow Ari Melber (@AriMelber) is *dissecting* Robert Ray live right now and Ray has *nothing* To see a Trump lawyer sitting next to someone questioning him and completely unable to defend the president is really striking

by Anonymousreply 438January 29, 2020 2:46 PM

Lev Parnas just arrived at the Capitol. What’s that about?

by Anonymousreply 439January 29, 2020 2:59 PM

Maybe there’s a Barr Epstein holding cell in the Capitol basement

by Anonymousreply 440January 29, 2020 3:09 PM

[quote]Lev Parnas just arrived at the Capitol. What’s that about?

He petitioned the court to allow him to attend the impeachment trial and Schumer got him tickets.

by Anonymousreply 441January 29, 2020 3:11 PM

He wants to stay in the public eye. Less chance of getting knocked off by trump goons.

by Anonymousreply 442January 29, 2020 4:42 PM

He also turned over all his recordings to one of the House committees.

by Anonymousreply 443January 29, 2020 4:47 PM

I thought electronic devices weren’t allowed in the spectators gallery. Isn’t Lev wearing a GPS ankle bracelet?

by Anonymousreply 444January 29, 2020 4:49 PM

He wasn’t allowed in because of the ankle monitor.

by Anonymousreply 445January 29, 2020 4:52 PM

Wonder if Manafort's watching from jail?

by Anonymousreply 446January 29, 2020 5:01 PM

Did Roger Stone get a front row seat in the rec room? Wonder if he had to trade all his Ramen AND his chapstick for it? SAD FACE

by Anonymousreply 447January 29, 2020 5:06 PM

100 Senators times 5 minutes/answer. Do the math!

by Anonymousreply 448January 29, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]100 Senators times 5 minutes/answer. Do the math!

So 75 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 449January 29, 2020 5:29 PM

Uh, 500 minutes (8 hrs) and that doesn’t count the time to ask the question. And there will be breaks every 2 hours or so.

by Anonymousreply 450January 29, 2020 5:34 PM

Is Bernie awake today?

by Anonymousreply 451January 29, 2020 5:39 PM

What order are they going in? More questions seem to be going to the House managers than the president’s lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 452January 29, 2020 6:05 PM

A Brooklyn Bakery Is Sending Cakes to 53 Republican Senators Today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 29, 2020 8:16 PM

Justin Amash:

So that everyone is clear, Trump’s team is simultaneously arguing that the House should enforce its subpoenas in court *and* that it is unconstitutional for a court to enforce the House’s subpoenas.

by Anonymousreply 454January 29, 2020 8:16 PM

I hope this ends up completely destroying Mitch McConnell in every way possible.

by Anonymousreply 455January 29, 2020 8:19 PM

[quote]A Brooklyn Bakery Is Sending Cakes to 53 Republican Senators Today

Are the cakes filled with poison? Because that's the only way they'll make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 456January 29, 2020 8:22 PM

When Repugs took a dinner break, they dined on Chik-Fil-A, what does that tell you about them

by Anonymousreply 457January 29, 2020 8:37 PM

Susan Collins sounds like she started cocktail hour early. "Mishter Shief Jushtishe, I haf a queshtun..."

by Anonymousreply 458January 29, 2020 8:50 PM

Some of these questions are really good and so are the answers, but it’s hard to listen to long stretches. Wish they would break more often.

by Anonymousreply 459January 29, 2020 8:53 PM

Washington Post:

The 3 most interesting Q&As from the Senate impeachment trial, so far

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460January 29, 2020 8:54 PM

Louisville Courier-Journal:

Rand Paul attacks Elizabeth Warren in a tweet ... during the Trump impeachment trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461January 29, 2020 8:57 PM

Question from Collins and Murkowski: "Witnesses testified ... Pres. Trump consistently expressed the view that Ukraine was a corrupt country. Before VP Biden formally entered the 2020 presidential race ... did Pres. Trump ever mention Joe or Hunter Biden in connection with corruption?"

Trump attorney Philbin: "There's not something in the record on that. It wasn't thoroughly pursued in the record. So I can't point to something in the record that shows President Trump at an earlier time mentioning specifically something related to Joe or Hunter Biden."

by Anonymousreply 462January 29, 2020 9:15 PM

Who Is John Bolton? Narrated by Steven Boyer | NowThis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463January 29, 2020 9:27 PM

R458, I think I've read here that Susan Collins, in fact, has a drinking problem.

by Anonymousreply 464January 29, 2020 9:34 PM

Reuters:

Parnas sparks a frenzy as he shows up outside Trump trial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465January 29, 2020 9:46 PM

Trump’s team and gop, all liers. No morals no ethics. Lies lies lies.

by Anonymousreply 466January 29, 2020 9:50 PM

R466?

I hope you're an outlier.

by Anonymousreply 467January 29, 2020 9:52 PM

Susan Collins has a thinking problem.

by Anonymousreply 468January 29, 2020 9:59 PM

Latest word is that the Senate will wind up things quickly without witnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469January 29, 2020 10:12 PM

David Pakman:

Trump's Brain Glitches Badly, Fox News Cuts Away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470January 29, 2020 10:53 PM

R470 He's speaking in tongues.

by Anonymousreply 471January 29, 2020 10:56 PM

R470, that’s fascinating! Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 472January 29, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote]Latest word is that the Senate will wind up things quickly without witnesses.

As if there was any real doubt.

by Anonymousreply 473January 29, 2020 11:17 PM

How are they going to do another 8 hour day of questions tomorrow? Haven’t they pretty much said everything?

by Anonymousreply 474January 30, 2020 12:21 AM

I've been listening to most of this on the radio and Jason Crow's voice really stands out to me. He has an old timey radio sound and I love it. There's someone on the R side who had a nice voice but I don't who he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475January 30, 2020 12:48 AM

Hasn’t it been 8 hours by now? When are they going to quit?

by Anonymousreply 476January 30, 2020 1:13 AM

Probably some of the first 8+ hour days these bitches have worked in decades.

Well, except for Sanders, he's napping during. But the others.

by Anonymousreply 477January 30, 2020 11:48 AM

This was indeed funny. How can Republican Senators look at themselves in the mirror...

Brian Beutler @brianbeutler: Schiff stunned the room just now when he informed senators that JUST TODAY, as Trump’s lawyers argue in the Senate the House should’ve gone to court to enforce subpoenas, DOJ lawyers argued in COURT that judges have no place to enforce subpoenas because of the impeachment power.

Judy Woodruff @JudyWoodruff: Senate erupts in laughter when @RepAdamSchiff discloses Dept of Justice lawyer today stated that the remedy, if the President ignores a Congressional subpoena, is impeachment. "I didn't think they'd do this on the same day" we are here debating the removal of the President

by Anonymousreply 478January 30, 2020 7:03 PM

Lawyers on both sides are getting pretty snipping. We may get a fistfight before this is over! Or maybe a duel.

by Anonymousreply 479January 30, 2020 9:14 PM

Lord let there be a tie vote and rip the mask off if John Roberts.

Mitch would never let that happen. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 480January 31, 2020 3:46 AM

Alexander's admission that Trump did exactly what he's charged with is probably as good an outcome that this was ever going to be. 50-50 vote on witnesses would compound that "positive" outcome. When Trump shouts that it was all a "hoax" and that he was completely "exonerated" (standing in front of the Congress in the State of the Union), Alexander's words will hang in the air.

Trump is going to try to steal the next election ("we've heard there are millions of undocumented voters in California and Michigan so we need to void this election... it's a hoax!!). The Republic is in jeopardy, on life-support. The Left sure as hell better stop eating its own to prepare for this battle.

by Anonymousreply 481January 31, 2020 3:08 PM

NOT opening peanut butter jars, that’s for sure!

by Anonymousreply 482January 31, 2020 3:27 PM

Oops, never mind!

by Anonymousreply 483January 31, 2020 3:28 PM

It’s wildly unfair. I still can’t understand how we ended up in this situation. Or rather, I understand but can’t believe it! This administration is top heavy with grifters and lowlife bigots, misogynists and other forms of human filth. I am beginning to think that we will never go back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 484January 31, 2020 3:50 PM

Mr. Reich goes into detail, r484.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 31, 2020 3:55 PM

It’s sad, but in the USA, Governance has become Politics and Politics has become Sport. Fewer and fewer people care about truth, or what’s right. All they care about is their team.

The Republicans are like the New England Patriots. Everyone knows they cheat, but their supporters don’t care, and will swallow any excuse, so long as they win.

by Anonymousreply 486January 31, 2020 4:59 PM

MMPH... Val Demmings looks good. She has been rather stylish throughout the whole trial. I'm glad she bought herself some new hair.

by Anonymousreply 487January 31, 2020 5:31 PM

R486, that's about as perfect of an analogy as possible to craft. W&W

Also, is Sanders napping today or awake? I pity the people sitting around him. With heart attack patients, you never know when a 'nap' turns into "passed away peacefully, in his sleep".

by Anonymousreply 488January 31, 2020 6:28 PM

Sound like final remarks are being made. While Schiff is a passionate and eloquent speaker, I am afraid everyone is tired of this mess and will give up all morals and sense of fairness and make a historical mistake that will change the law forever. I feel the Statue of Liberty weeping.

by Anonymousreply 489January 31, 2020 6:44 PM

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT: "Mr. Trump also repeatedly made national security decisions contrary to American interests, Mr. Bolton wrote, describing a pervasive sense of alarm among top advisers about the president’s choices." @nytmike and me

by Anonymousreply 490January 31, 2020 7:01 PM

Your opinion; Did the press destroy the possibility of any Republican Senator seriously considering hearing witnesses due to its ever present glaring spotlight, 24-7 analysis, and pressure?

by Anonymousreply 491January 31, 2020 7:44 PM

Of course not, r491, though they certainly would have preferred their treason done out of the camera's glare.

by Anonymousreply 492January 31, 2020 8:52 PM

Apparently, everyone is standing around discussing things. CNN says they the vote to dismiss witnesses is 49-51. It seems the discussion now is that some Republicans want to stand up and state why they are voting the way they are. Democrats are trying to drag this process into Tuesday, preventing Trump from claiming he is acquitted during his State of the Union speech.

by Anonymousreply 493January 31, 2020 9:18 PM

[quote] some Republicans want to stand up and state why they are voting the way they are.

NO! Let them tell it on twitter like others have done. They just want to stand up on national television and spew lies about how the Democrats did not make their case. Republicans know that they are going far against public sentiment on this and they are not landing well. BUT, they have secured that next check from the next big Republican donor.

by Anonymousreply 494January 31, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] Democrats are trying to drag this process into Tuesday, preventing Trump from claiming he is acquitted during his State of the Union speech.

Democrats should allow this but swamp the television about how the trial was nothing more than a sham.

by Anonymousreply 495January 31, 2020 9:31 PM

R495 No they shouldn't. The Democrats should drag this shit show out as long as possible to embarrass every Repug that endorsed this sham

by Anonymousreply 496January 31, 2020 10:11 PM

No vote until Wed - after the SOTU! Small victory.

by Anonymousreply 497January 31, 2020 10:26 PM

The Republicans should be gassed.

by Anonymousreply 498January 31, 2020 11:19 PM

SO MUCH can come out over the weekend. Maybe Bolton will just step up to a microphone on the steps of the Capitol and start talking.

Doesn't matter anyway, after this travesty, the GOP is done. Cooked. Finis. Fuck all these fascists.

by Anonymousreply 499January 31, 2020 11:28 PM

United States Senate

Born, March 4, 1789 Died, Jan 31, 2020

by Anonymousreply 500February 1, 2020 12:44 AM

Bitterly ironic then that the US and the U.K. can arguably be considered to have died on the same day, January 31, 2020.

by Anonymousreply 501February 1, 2020 5:29 AM

Speaking of Brexit, r501.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502February 1, 2020 2:02 PM

Gentlemen and Ladies, I am beginning to feel this country is well and truly cooked.

If we can't vote him out of office in November, then I fear it just might be over.

by Anonymousreply 503February 2, 2020 12:14 AM

Sen. Marsha Blackburn @MarshaBlackburn

This weekend, Senators Bennet, Klobuchar, Sanders and Warren were campaigning to replace @realDonaldTrump . Today, they’re sitting on the Senate floor hearing the case to remove him from office. How can they fulfill their oath to deliver impartial justice under the Constitution?

by Anonymousreply 504February 3, 2020 4:20 PM

It’s hard to sit here and listen to Trump’s lawyers spew more lies. What a sham trial!

by Anonymousreply 505February 3, 2020 5:08 PM

Damn that Ken Starr, one boring cretin.

by Anonymousreply 506February 3, 2020 5:10 PM

Here we go with the rapid fire disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 507February 3, 2020 5:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!