Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry ends feud with William – but he’s still at war with Charles

The brothers decided to hold secret peace talks because both feared the breach might never be healed if Prince Harry moved away.

However, sources close to the brothers said Harry remains at loggerheads with Prince Charles and Camilla following a number of disagreements.

(But Harry and Markle still want lots and lots of money from Charles.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 31, 2020 7:55 AM

I guess Harry is still pissed at Charles and Camilla for cheating and ruining Diana's life and making their young lives holy hell and very unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2020 1:05 AM

Not sure I believe the feud is over. But Harry is still mad at his meal ticket, Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2020 1:08 AM

As noted in the thread on Harry's speech, he did not mention Charles once! That speaks volumes to how contentious things are right now between Harry and his father.

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2020 1:15 AM

Jesus Christ, why doesn’t William shave his head? The George Costanza horseshoe look is never good.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2020 1:17 AM

At least shave the top of his head. All that peach fuzz is gross.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2020 1:17 AM

r5 future kings accept their hair loss and do not try to make themselves look better for peasants!

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2020 1:21 AM

Charles needed Harry and Megs desperately for royal duties. Slimming down the monarchy has shot him in the foot. Will this mean he will have to turn to Bea and Eugenie for help?

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2020 1:27 AM

Gee, who will win--the heir to the throne, who will be king in just a few years, or the sixth in line who depends on the heir for all his money?

***ponders***

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2020 1:27 AM

I think it was stupid for the family to announce they were getting rid of “extra” royal family members when the Cambridge kids were still so small. Why not wait until the kids were in college? What’s the rush? If Charles was going to do it, he could do it then. Unless he thinks he’s going to die next week, in which case the Cambridges would need the help more than ever.

Now the Cambridges are going to have to do more work with extended family royals anyway. Is Charles going to cut off these extended family members who are holding down the fort for now? This whole thing was badly conceived. Even if Harry and Meghan has stayed, they had a young baby and might have another in the next couple years. They weren’t much better off than Kate in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2020 1:38 AM

r7 I think they will be asked to step up, if they haven't already. Kate doesn't want to have ANOTHER baby to have to get out of doing royal duties!

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2020 1:39 AM

I bet she does have one anyway, R10. I think they’ll want her to have a “fuck you Harry and Meghan” baby to get them off the front pages and back to worshipping Kate the fertility goddess. And to keep people from remembering her husband’s affairs, now that there’s no one to distract from them.

They can call it a “romantic reconciliation.”

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2020 1:42 AM

OP, can you not be a fucking whore for Rupert Murdoch by linking to the "US Sun" since that parasitic old fuck is dying to get the Sun in the US market? Shithead.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2020 2:38 AM

You'll have to forgive r12, please: she's just not been herself since she started "The Change."

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2020 2:42 AM

Charles is an assclown. I'd move to Canada to get away from him if I was his kid.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2020 2:44 AM

'We just feel we could heeaaalllp."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2020 3:01 AM

William doesn’t have to shave his head, he’s not actor or a person on a reality tv show.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2020 3:21 AM

This is why I don't have any respect for Harry. Charles has been supporting him all of his life (more than $2 million last year alone), yet Harry is being an asshole toward him. He could, of course, be an adult and say he doesn't need Charles' support if he's really mad! (This will not happen, because Meghan doesn't want that.) Also, Harry has been an asshole to his grandparents. He comes off as very privileged and spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2020 3:27 AM

You can’t make this shit up. That is SUCH a rich kid thing to do. “Fuck you, Dad. You ruined my life. AmEx called me because you’re late paying the bill. God, you’re so useless. And Meghan needs a raise in her allowance because she needs work clothes. You’re not even giving us enough to get away from you. God. You suck.”

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2020 3:29 AM

Harry is pretty much a lost soul.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2020 3:49 AM

Well to be fair Charles has lived off of his mother his entire life. Still though he has been a huge hypocritical asshole to others he has always been respectful towards her and has never flipped the royal family the bird like his son.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2020 3:49 AM

William did shave his head once and it didn't look better. For it to look good you must have a good shaped head and not really be bald. When he started losing his hair he should have done something. I bet if Diana was alive he would have...

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote] Well to be fair Charles has lived off of his mother his entire life.

That's absolutely not true. As soon as he reached his majority (age 18), he was independent of his mother's finances and has lived off the Duchy of Cornwall for more than fifty years now.

The Queen has zero control over it, and nothing really to do with it--he has it by dint of being (since age 4) the eldest son of the sovereign.

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote] When he started losing his hair he should have done something. I bet if Diana was alive he would have...

Because she was so incredibly shallow?

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote]I think it was stupid for the family to announce they were getting rid of “extra” royal family members when the Cambridge kids were still so small. Why not wait until the kids were in college? What’s the rush?

R9. Because this was Charles' idea (it wasn't the family's idea). and this ill-conceived plan was primarily aimed at Andrew and his daughters. It was Charles being mean and vindictive toward the Yorks. He was trying to eliminate them. Charles wasn't trying to cut down anything but the Yorks. Period. Charles just never took into account that he would need the Yorks (Beatrice and Eugenie are willing to perform royal duties, but Charles only wanted his own immediate family) because Charles never took into account that he would have a dimwit son and his grifter wife on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2020 4:11 AM

'he has it by dint of being (since age 4) the eldest son of the sovereign'

And I must ask because I'm too stupid to know who exactly is the sovereign that gives him the right to have the income of such a lucrative piece of property?

by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2020 4:24 AM

[quote] And I must ask because I'm too stupid to know who exactly is the sovereign that gives him the right to have the income of such a lucrative piece of property?

That's not "living off his mother"--sorry.

It was not her idea that he should get that money, and she had and has nothing to do with it whatsoever. She never sees it nor did she ever approve the plan that made it possible for the oldest son of the monarch to receive that money.

by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2020 4:32 AM

Well then we have to disagree. It is his legacy through and only through her. That to me is living off your mother. Legit as an heir but it's not like he had to work for it in any way. It is a fluke of birth. Like being born a prince. You don't get that title on your own.

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2020 4:40 AM

really R27?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2020 4:51 AM

Can anyone explain the rift between Harry and Charles, or is that just bullshit gossip from The Sun?

by Anonymousreply 29January 21, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote]Can anyone explain the rift between Harry and Charles, or is that just bullshit gossip from The Sun?

R29. Charles and Camilla cheating made life miserable for Diana and her sons. Harry was young and impressionable. It's not something you forget as a young kid. Then Diana was divorced and died. Harry holds Charles accountable for the divorce, and Camilla was the "other woman" for all of Harry's young life. When your mother is tragically gone, you don't forget, and a lot of resentment builds up over many years. It's not something you just "get over" especially when the other woman remains and doesn't leave your life. Yes, life goes on, but you don't forget. And as life proceeds through the years, other things happen as well and problems get compounded so there is never a clean slate to start.

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2020 5:26 AM

[quote]You'll have to forgive [R12], please: she's just not been herself since she started "The Change."

You may take it lightly that Rupert Murdoch has literally changed the political landscape around the world for the worst because you're a buffoon who spends all day on this vapid shit, but many of us don't think it's something you treat lightly. Murdoch has literally destroyed the minds of millions of people with his racist, bigoted, far-right propaganda, so helping him by linking to his newest pet project (getting the Sun in higher US circulation) is idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2020 5:53 AM

For the last time William never cheated. Megstans made that up. I'm tired of repeating this.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2020 5:56 AM

[quote]Murdoch has literally destroyed the minds of millions of people with his racist, bigoted, far-right propaganda, so helping him by linking to his newest pet project (getting the Sun in higher US circulation) is idiocy.

The only "idiocy" R31 is your arrogant assumption that you're smarter than everyone else. And your poor grammar and hyperbole.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2020 6:04 AM

[quote]R8 Gee, who will win--the heir to the throne, who will be king in just a few years, or the sixth in line who depends on the heir for all his money?

The one who got out won - Harry.

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2020 6:04 AM

[quote]R22 That's absolutely not true. As soon as Charles reached his majority (age 18), he was independent of his mother's finances and has lived off the Duchy of Cornwall for more than fifty years now.

So he went from one teat to another. Impressive!

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2020 6:08 AM

It ain't over.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2020 6:16 AM

It was Charles who persuaded a younger Harry to cominglr his mother's money with the Family Firms. This is why he had to financially divorce the RF and become financially "independent". Read: Separate. It is all about Diana's cash.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2020 6:23 AM

I wonder about this too, R29. Not sure about R30's explanation--I recall reading long before any of this mess that both W and H had a good relationship with Camilla. That of course may have been PR, but I accepted it since they all seemed to enjoy the same aristo, outdoorsy, non-glam pursuits and Camilla (unlike beloved but crazy mommy) is supposed to be warm and uncomplicated. And now with Charles seeming to show so much support (and showering him with money), I wonder what's up.

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2020 6:24 AM

Do I miss Camilla?

Hmm. Course. Not.

by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2020 6:58 AM

Camilla is the enemy. Glad Harry doesn't care for the old horseface.

by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2020 7:10 AM

Charles and Camilla sucked the life out of Diana. Harry doesn't forget.

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2020 7:18 AM

This blind disagrees and they're usually spot-on with the Royal stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2020 9:06 AM

Agree r42. That has been spot on accurate so far.

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2020 9:16 AM

Harry's mad at Charles because they didn't get everything Meghan asked for in her Megxit Manifesto.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2020 9:43 AM

R9, Charles's plan included the monarch and his/her children and their children. Harry would have performed royal duties for as long as Charles was king.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2020 9:51 AM

r45, absolutely true and any other future monarch's children would not have money of their own.

BUT Diana screwed that up. Wills was always going to be in the fold but Harry has his own cash. The problem was he let his father co-mingle it with the Family Firm's. Charles in effect got control of the cash he gave Diana in her settlement. That ended now. As with Diana, the Queen got pissy about titles. But she couldn't go far as Harry, like the Duke of Windsor, is forever a royal prince.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2020 9:56 AM

[quote] For the last time William never cheated. Megstans made that up. I'm tired of repeating this.

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2020 1:20 PM

[quote] They lied about seriously considering taking away titles.

[quote] There is a distinct hierarchy here within the family and it was quickly decided that absolutely no outsider could ever be allowed to disrupt that traditional structure for any reason. It would be unfathomable and degrading to require a former senior person to genuflect to an inferior.

Can someone explain this, please?

by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote] They lied about the siblings reconciling.

[quote] They had to put up a united front to fulfill a diplomatic obligation. However, they are definitely still estranged.

I totally believe this.

If the rift was large enough for Harry to be willing to give up everything, then that sort of thing doesn't just heal overnight.

They may never reconcile.

[quote] They lied about the women taking part in the conversation and talking to each other.

[quote] At no point were either wives involved in the meetings, nor did they speak to each other. In fact, [the wives] have not spoken in months.

Meghan and Kate will never be friends. That much is clear.

by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2020 1:24 PM

Interesting article about Harry’s speech at the Sentebale dinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote] Meghan and Kate will never be friends. That much is clear.

Kate Middlington was, is, and always will be jealous of Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2020 1:37 PM

R51 It's really the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote] It's really the other way around

Only in your diseased brain.

Those of us living in reality, know differently.

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2020 1:46 PM

Mr Speaker, I table a motion in furtherance of the Bill to Disestablish the Monarchy!

by Anonymousreply 54January 21, 2020 1:47 PM

Kate will one day be Queen Consort. Megs will be long forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 55January 21, 2020 1:53 PM

R53 Read all your posts and then tell me who's diseased.

by Anonymousreply 56January 21, 2020 1:53 PM

As soon as Charles becomes King - which could be any day - William will become Prince of Wales and become the rightful recipient of all that income from the Duchy of Cornwall that Charles presently receives.

by Anonymousreply 57January 21, 2020 1:58 PM

R53, Kate has absolutely nothing to be jealous of Meghan about. Meghan is nothing.

by Anonymousreply 58January 21, 2020 1:59 PM

Thanks r50. As the article points out: "The first part was all about Harry and MM, and he goes to great pains to highlight what a wonderful person MM is, yet she didn’t bother to turn up or even stay in the UK, so think about that if you wish to decide if someone is a good person."

Meghan went to the UK for just three or so days and then zoomed straight back to Canada, supposedly because that's where Archie was. But why did Archie stay in Canada (with non-relatives) and not go to the UK with his parents? Especially since this was one of the last times that his great-grandparents, grandparents, uncle and cousins - literally one of the last times that the Queen or Prince Philip would get to see him.

This is a particularly shitty thing of Harry and Meghan to do, to keep Archie away from his family, some of whom may never get to see him again. I can only interpret this decision as some kind of emotional blackmail. Archie is going to be resentful to his parents for estranging him from his family for sure.

by Anonymousreply 59January 21, 2020 2:07 PM

I doubt Meghan is jealous of Kate or vice versa. Rather I think it's just a personality clash. Meghan is the definition of the pushy American.

by Anonymousreply 60January 21, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote] Kate has absolutely nothing to be jealous of Meghan about. Meghan is nothing.

Hahahahahahahaha. You're a complete joke.

That's why the British paparazzi FOLLOWED Meghan to Canada. Because she's "nothing."

It's quite the opposite, you silly cunt.

They left Waitey Katie behind in England, and are now setting up camp in Canada, to follow Meghan. Who doesn't even have a royal title or royal connections anymore!!!

Face it, Kate-stans. Nobody cares about Kate.

It's all about Meghan.

There is an entire thread about the paps following Meghan. Your should read it, moron R58.

Then shut your damned trap.

by Anonymousreply 61January 21, 2020 2:15 PM

And Kate is the definition of a social climbing backstabber.

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2020 2:18 PM

R61, Meghan was snapped by the paps because she's tabloid fodder (as are many trashy celebs) and because one of her "friends" (i.e. her assistant) probably called them to tell them she was arranging a photo op for them.

Are you one of those dumb Americans who don't understand what the royal family is and think a "celebrity's" value is measured by how much gossip coverage they get?

The paps never gave a shit about c-list actress Meghan Markle until she married into the British royal family.

by Anonymousreply 63January 21, 2020 2:20 PM

Sure, r62. Of course, when Kate Middleton first appeared on the scene as William's boyfriend, there were all sorts of nasty stories about her and her family in the British media but she didn't cry and run away. Now that she's served her dues, proved herself and shown she's a figure worthy of the respect of the British public and the role she will play in our country's public life and constitution, she doesn't get that kind of coverage anymore.

If only Meghan had made the effort to buckle down and get on with the role that she knew she was marrying into she may too have earned the British public's respect. But, apparently in Meghan's world (or that of her stans at least) true value is measured by whether the paps are trying to shoot her pic so it can be published in a tabloid - even though Meghan apparently has to run away from her role because she doesn't like being scrutinised by the tabloids and having the paps chasing her...

by Anonymousreply 64January 21, 2020 2:26 PM

[quote] The paps never gave a shit about c-list actress Meghan Markle until she married into the British royal family.

And now, they can't get enough of her!

Meanwhile, Kate has been married to William for 10 years, and hasn't even made a "blip" on their radar.

The only time they care about her is when she's barefoot and pregnant, or when her husband is cheating on her, with other women.

SAD!

by Anonymousreply 65January 21, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote]That's why the British paparazzi FOLLOWED Meghan to Canada.

Only in your delusional mind. The photogs who took those images are LOCALS. They've also supplied images of the Beibers in South Carolina to the DM, among others.

by Anonymousreply 66January 21, 2020 2:29 PM

Poor R66 just can't handle the truth.

Meghan and Harry are the real STARS of the royal family now.

Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 67January 21, 2020 2:31 PM

“And now, they can't get enough of her”

Yes - because she’s hated. Hated people get the most clicks. Are you too stupid to understand how that works?

The nearly-40 botoxed bimbo with the bad nose job & the reconstructed tits is destined to be Fergie. Kate will be Queen.

Markle really is less than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 68January 21, 2020 2:32 PM

[quote] Kate will be Queen

Kate who?

Oh, you mean the pregnant lady with the brood of kids, whose husband cheats on her bony ass?

Nobody cares about her. She's boring.

by Anonymousreply 69January 21, 2020 2:35 PM

Time will put everything in its place.

by Anonymousreply 70January 21, 2020 3:09 PM

[quote] [R51] It's really the other way around.

Gurl, please. Kate's distinguishing characteristic is that she is thoroughly common. When and if she becomes Queen there will still be whispers behind her back about her origins. Meghan is American and unconstrained by classist foolishness in the UK. They hate her because she is GLAMOROUS and get notoriety originates from an entirely different milieu.

by Anonymousreply 71January 21, 2020 3:30 PM

I don’t think Kate is jealous of Meghan as an individual. I do think she resents that Meghan was able to say no to a lot of things, while Kate was put through the wringer by the British press when she first arrived in the royal family. I happened to be googling photos of “skirt blown up” for another reason, and there was photo after photo of Kate’s skirt blown up to her crotch. The press published these over and over. One different dress color after another. Kate must have been very embarrassed by these. Some showed her bare ass or panties. Finally she learned about dress weights and they stopped.

Why didn’t anyone tell her immediately? Why let that go on and on? There were people who knew better on the royal staff and in the family, maliciously enjoying Kate making a fool of herself. Then there were many unkind comments about Kate’s “commoner” family and “manipulative” mother, all of which must have been very hurtful, and she had to suck it up and act like she didn’t care.

I think Kate is angry because Meghan was able to say no, and refuse to accept it, and she wasn’t. She’s comforting herself by saying, I endured it and she didn’t, but that’s hurtful too. She’s got reasons to be quietly bitter that have nothing to do with Meghan. I think it’s the comparison of how they were treated, not Meghan as a person, and I think it contributes to her dislike of Meghan, whom she has nothing in common with anyway.

It’s like there are two little sisters, and every time one sister gets a gift, the other looks to see if they got one of equal value. When it became that kind of competition of favor, their relationship was over.

by Anonymousreply 72January 21, 2020 3:30 PM

R59, Archie’s paternal family had barely had a chance to get to know him. A few months total, and I don’t think there were very many private get-togethers. So they’re not bonded with him, so to speak.

It pains me to say this, but I think they’ve written him off. If it’s blackmail, the BRF has called the Sussex bluff. We can’t ever see Archie again? Oh well. We never see him now.

It’s a shame for Archie, though.

by Anonymousreply 73January 21, 2020 3:32 PM

Where is the evidence that Kate is angry, resentful or jealous of Meghan? She's living her life with dignity and grace. It is Meghan who's always trying to upstage the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 74January 21, 2020 3:43 PM

The flaw in that BI at R42 is that we've known since last April that Harry and Meghan were considering living elsewhere in the Commonwealth. To believe that blind item would be to believe that no one in the royal family discussed anything at all in the last eight months.

They knew enough to release a statement about it in April, 2019, so it's impossible for me to believe that they were blindsided and agreed to a whole bunch of stuff in haste because they wanted to end the "crisis" quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 21, 2020 3:50 PM

[quote] Finally she learned about dress weights and they stopped. Why didn’t anyone tell her immediately? Why let that go on and on? There were people who knew better on the royal staff and in the family, maliciously enjoying Kate making a fool of herself.

I think the bigger question is the one we were asking over and over during the months of her skirt flying up: why didn't SHE do something about it? Why did someone in the royal family have to tell her?

One photo of your panties on the front page of a newspaper should be enough to make you reconsider your wardrobe situation.

by Anonymousreply 76January 21, 2020 3:53 PM

R76, you got me there. Especially since Kate grew up in England and had presumably encountered wind before.

I’m guessing it has to do with having to formally dress in a way she never did before. People were probably saying, “you have to wear this type of dress to this type of event,” and she was probably choosing clothing from younger designers that never dressed royalty before.

Then she was probably thinking, “why is it all these other women wear this type of clothing, and my dress is over my head and theirs isn’t?” A designer for the Queen, for example, would automatically put in the hem weights without a word. I think younger dressmakers may not have known better. Kate was probably choosing edgy young designers to appear modern, who don’t have the experience.

Also, Kate wears very little underclothing, and the others probably wear slips and stockings and other layers, so even a slip up isn’t quite as big a deal. It’s the younger generation that’s virtually nude under their dresses.

I do agree, she should have done something immediately, but maybe she was used to wearing trousers on windy days and just had no idea what. Someone older should have explained it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 21, 2020 4:44 PM

R18 nailed I!

by Anonymousreply 78January 21, 2020 5:24 PM

Meghan is going to end up on "Real Housewives".

by Anonymousreply 79January 21, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote]Jesus Christ, why doesn’t William shave his head? The George Costanza horseshoe look is never good.

Another gay insisting everyone have the gay look. What else do you want him to do, hit the gym 8 days a week?

by Anonymousreply 80January 21, 2020 5:28 PM

[quote] Archie’s paternal family had barely had a chance to get to know him. A few months total, and I don’t think there were very many private get-togethers. So they’re not bonded with him, so to speak.

As if they care.

He's not lily white, so they don't give two fucks about him.

They only care about the all-white Cambridge hillbillies.

Don't blame Meghan for this. It's not like the BRF cares about Meghan or Archie.

Philip and Elizabeth probably only saw him that one time, in that official photo.

Believe it or not, the only one that I think has any affection toward Meghan, is Prince Charles.

He would never have walked her down the aisle at the wedding, if he didn't like her. It was a very decent thing for him to do, especially knowing all the drama with Meghan's family.

He's going to be the King of England, and he still agreed to walk his daughter-in-law down the aisle at her marriage to Harry. That speaks volumes.

I'll always remember that moment, fondly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 21, 2020 5:42 PM

I thought that was very kind of him also.

by Anonymousreply 82January 21, 2020 5:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 21, 2020 6:20 PM

"Believe it or not, the only one that I think has any affection toward Meghan, is Prince Charles. "

I think you mean "liked", past tense.

by Anonymousreply 84January 21, 2020 6:30 PM

God bless the trolls who think the baby with at LEAST 75% caucasian DNA is a big deal. I'll be genuinely surprised if he grows up looking anything more than a guy who spent a day in the sun. And hopefully he changes that STUPID name.

by Anonymousreply 85January 21, 2020 6:51 PM

Yikes, all this Kate v Meghan nonsense, as if either of them want the same thing. Kate seems to have exactly what she wants. There is nothing to indicate that she aspires to be shining lights all over the place, trumpeting her opinions, publicly palling around with show folk, or curating an instagram. I'm sure that she's very happy with her kids, her extended family, her friends, her city place, her country home and her many ski and sun holidays. She grew up a rich girl in a 3-child family and now she's even richer raising her own 3-child family. I imagine she'd probably prefer less limelight and fewer public engagments. Meghan, obviously, wants different things and is also getting them. No reason for either to be jealous of the other.

by Anonymousreply 86January 21, 2020 7:09 PM

R81, I agree that it was gracious and kind of Charles to walk Meghan down the aisle.

I also have a view that grown women don’t need to be “given away” because they’re not property of their goddamn fathers. I know so many “feminist” women who had their fathers give them away, and I just don’t understand that. Yeah, it’s *only symbolic*. And it symbolizes that your father is giving you to your husband. Ick. But whatever. That’s my own hang-up.

by Anonymousreply 87January 21, 2020 7:32 PM

R87 to me it seems like a very nice moment to have with your father (or mother, stepfather, grandpa, whoever raised you) during your wedding. It's meaningless in the original context, but sweet. Having your famous father in law youve known less than 2 years do it is a bit silly.

by Anonymousreply 88January 21, 2020 7:36 PM

Well, the official story they put out at the time is that Meghan’s father had a heart attack and couldn’t travel. I read recently that Meghan’s father actually verified that somewhere publicly.

My own father had congestive heart failure and I find it highly doubtful a cardiologist would be telling someone with a recent heart attack to go on a long flight. Blood clots are a high risk at that time. So he couldn’t go anyway.

The idea that someone’s future father in law would make such a supportive gesture as a first public gesture as her father in law, I thought was really sweet. In America, people have supportive family members and friends escort them down the aisle, not to “give them away” but to support them. So in that context it was appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 89January 21, 2020 7:45 PM

R76 The born royals aren’t immune to blown up skirts. It’s happened to Anne though she managed not to show her underwear and it happened very badly to Louise, the Queen’s granddaughter, at Eug’s wedding on live TV. But because of the quid pro quo British press relationship with the royals, they embargoed all images and video.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2020 7:48 PM

"Well, the official story they put out at the time is that Meghan’s father had a heart attack and couldn’t travel."

Well if he hadn't had a heart attack, she probably would have sent him some poisoned booze. And of the Queen were younger and more malleable she'd probably have given Charles some as well, and asked Her Majesty to be her date for the aisle walk.

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2020 7:52 PM

R61 You really don’t know how this works. Look at the copyright on the Meghan airport photos and hiking photos. Do you see the word Backgrid and Splash? Those are the pap agencies trash like the Kardashians use. They call them up and tell them where they’ll be and voila, there’s the photog at some random restaurant watching Kourtney taking her kids to lunch. They pay these agencies to take their pictures and then the agencies sell those photos to TMZ, Star the Daily Mail, etc, probably splitting the profit with the celebrity. Your precious Meggie did exactly that. When she was on break, and under the thumb of the BRF, please tell me how you justify to yourself that not a single picture of theirs was taken, despite knowing where they were? And yesterday, there she is, all smiles looking straight at the lens. How did that happen, hmmmmm???

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2020 7:59 PM

Sure, Jan/R92.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2020 8:10 PM

Then why are they threatening to sue, R92?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2020 8:14 PM

R94, apparently they are threatening to sue, not the companies that took the photos, but the British tabloids that reprinted them. So they are not actually upset about the photos, they just want to continue to attack the British press.

by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2020 8:19 PM

This story is such bullshit. And this thread is frau central.

For the record, on a personal level, Harry is closer to Charles than William is. Also, Charles was the most welcoming of that family to Meghan and Doria, as seen during the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2020 8:29 PM

The "I'm defending my family" whine is going to get old real fast.

by Anonymousreply 97January 21, 2020 8:49 PM

[quote]God bless the trolls who think the baby with at LEAST 75% caucasian DNA is a big deal. I'll be genuinely surprised if he grows up looking anything more than a guy who spent a day in the sun. And hopefully he changes that STUPID name.

R85. Right on, sister. And it is the STUPIDEST of names.

by Anonymousreply 98January 21, 2020 8:51 PM

half-brother

by Anonymousreply 99January 21, 2020 9:08 PM

R94 That’s their MO, same reason they’re suing the Daily Mail over the Pa Markle letter. Pretend their privacy is being invaded, cry wolf and make a quick buck. She probably got pissed when she saw all those critical comments about her shit eating grin and the way she was holding her kid like a sack of yams.

by Anonymousreply 100January 21, 2020 9:51 PM

r80 it's not like he has much else to do between ribbon-cutting and sleeping with the Marchioness of Cholmondeley!

by Anonymousreply 101January 21, 2020 11:02 PM

I don’t believe the difficulties with William were resolved. Harry is acting like a spoiled child. He’s 35 for fuck’s sake.

by Anonymousreply 102January 22, 2020 12:07 AM

Kate is jealous of Meghan? Seriously? William and Kate stood on the steps of the hospital for pictures with each child. I believe they release photos at each birthday. They allowed the godparents to be known. They release a family picture at Christmas. Contrast with Harry and Meghan. Weird press releases about labor and birth. Strange pictures of body parts. Godparents are unknown. They named their son “Archie.” Poor kid. Meghan and Harry invite photographers with their weird behavior. William and Kate have more control because they understand public interest. The paps don’t need to hide in bushes to get pics because nobody knows what Louis looks like.

by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2020 12:56 AM

I don't believe Charles has done a kind thing in his life. Even among 'friends' he is known to be unbelievably entitled and selfish. He HAD to march Meghan down the aisle. Otherwise it would have been her black mother! Which I think would have been genuinely sweet. But God can you imagine? And far better than her fat slob of a white trash father. Imagine HIM walking her down the aisle? All the Aristos would be muttering 'Where's the six pack?' But he seems like an ok guy who did everything he could for Megs who told him to fuck off when she had no more use for him just like she did to Harry's family. Daddy put me through Northwestern, please? Now OUT with the garbage!

Leave Her to Heaven II.

by Anonymousreply 104January 22, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote]R73 It’s a shame for Archie, though.

Dear god, WHY? There’s so few redeeming qualities in the members of that fucked up royal family.

He’ll be raised among MUCH more interesting people away from them.

by Anonymousreply 105January 22, 2020 6:47 AM

[quote]He’ll be raised among MUCH more interesting people away from them.

Yes, nannies and ghosted family members and other strangers are always MUCH more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2020 6:52 AM

R105 like that pathetic Pippa wannabe Mulroney?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2020 7:01 AM

Meghan supporter Nicole Cliffe made up those rumors about Prince William and admitted it herself on her social media. Try harder sweetie. Meghan is the turd on the bottom of your shoe. Homely AF. Giant fivehead, ski slope nose, neanderthal chin and a bad wig all topped off with ill fitting clothes on her spongebob squarepants body. Don't forget her half naked selfies with her fat friends and itty bitties on full display. Yeah, Catherine is so very jealous of that lol. Is it a prerequisite for Meghan supporters to be so incurably stupid or is that just your natural inclination? My guess is both.

by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2020 7:15 AM

[quote]Homely AF. Giant fivehead, ski slope nose, neanderthal chin and a bad wig all topped off with ill fitting clothes on her spongebob squarepants body. Don't forget her half naked selfies with her fat friends and itty bitties on full display.

Rofl! You just described Waitey Katie, to a T.

Except, you left out that she looks like an old hag, and she doesn't actually HAVE any friends, because she's too afraid they're going to sleep with her boring, bald husband.

Trust and believe that Meghan knows she got the better deal.

And yes, Cuntherine is SEETHING with jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2020 8:37 AM

[quote]Do you see the word Backgrid and Splash? Those are the pap agencies trash like the Kardashians use. They call them up and tell them where they’ll be and voila, there’s the photog at some random restaurant watching Kourtney taking her kids to lunch. They pay these agencies to take their pictures

Untrue. Splash and Backgrid are the companies who take paparazzi photos, then if a celebrity shares the photo of themselves on social media, they sue the celebrity for copyright infringement.

They're extortionists and that's how they make their money. They are paid by the Kardashians, they are SUING the Kardashians. Literally.

This is so easily available to look up online, it's embarrassing. You just made up a story to fit this "Evil Meghan" narrative and gullible idiots will believe it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2020 9:21 AM

* they AREN'T paid by the Kardashians, they're SUING the Kardashians

Terrible typo, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2020 9:23 AM

Catherine is seething with jealousy because she wants to be a trashy two-bit actress?

by Anonymousreply 112January 22, 2020 9:45 AM

R110 Uh, your article is about unauthorized use of pap photos on social media pages. Meghan’s photos were taken by Backgrid, bought by the DM, and I suspect she got a cut. Read below for an idea of how deals are constructed, dumbass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 22, 2020 9:59 AM

Catherine is jealous of Meggy’s pinched nose job.

by Anonymousreply 114January 22, 2020 10:00 AM

Backgrid is specifically mentioned in the article as a company currently suing the Kardashians for using those pap pictures on social media, R113.

You claimed the Kardashians call Backgrid and pay them to take those photos. You're lying. Backgrid takes the photos, sells them, and if a celebrity uses the photo of themselves on IG or Twitter or something, Backgrid demands hundreds of thousands of dollars or sues the celebrity for copyright infringement. They have a lawyer full-time in their offices to specifically handle these demands for money.

No celebrity is going to hire the same company that is suing a bunch of them in what is basically an extortion scheme. Your fantasy that Evil Meghan is calling the paps herself because she has a psychopathic need for attention is just that: fantasy. And you're upset because you were so easily and quickly proven wrong.

by Anonymousreply 115January 22, 2020 10:06 AM

Catherine is jealous of Meghan's stick legs.

by Anonymousreply 116January 22, 2020 10:09 AM

Catherine is jealous because her father is not like Mr. Markle.

by Anonymousreply 117January 22, 2020 10:10 AM

Kate's not jealous, but she's probably irritated because the Cambridges vs Sussexes thing was going to be a staple of royal PR, the way the Margaret vs Elizabeth and Charles vs Andrew tabloid fodder was. And even Di vs Fergie at one point, if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 118January 22, 2020 10:16 AM

Catherine is jealous because she doesn't ghost her family and friends when they're no longer of use to her.

by Anonymousreply 119January 22, 2020 10:20 AM

Catherine is jealous because her mother was actually loving and supportive.

by Anonymousreply 120January 22, 2020 11:31 AM

And today, within 40 mins of an announcement about Charles ‘ speech at Davos, and the launch of Kate’s early years project, we see old photos of MM visiting an animal charity popping up on Instagram.

And as for the baby sling photos, words fail. So obvious it’s an arranged pap walk ( or should that be pup walk?) Sling over one shoulder so her face was more clearly seen, smiling broadly, straight to camera. Child dangling uncomfortably, but he seems to be merely a prop.

People over here are saying they should have called him Merchie !

There’s an interview with Thomas Markle here on Tv tonight at 9. Should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 121January 22, 2020 12:22 PM

Merchie? Very good.

by Anonymousreply 122January 22, 2020 1:30 PM

I think this early years thing that Kate does is excellent. Young mothers who ended in prison for minor offences, who have come from bad homes. it is important to break the chain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 22, 2020 11:14 PM

You people can't stay on topic! This Charles vs. Harry, not Kate vs. Meghan!

I agree with the previous posters that assuming this is true, it really speaks to what a weak, immature man Harry is. Diana is no doubt a saint in their eyes, but part of being an adult is seeing your parents as human and given their own interactions with her (in the documentary on HBO, they make her sound more like a crazy favorite auntie than a mom), you think they might have come around to the idea that perhaps she was at fault as well. Plus, as others have noted, Charles - at least in part - keeps Harry & Sparkle in style. They could easily live some quiet country life on the $$ from Diana, but you know they expect Chuck to keep them in style.

Harry just needs to grow the fuck up. None of this will end well....

by Anonymousreply 124January 22, 2020 11:39 PM

I think Harry has spent most of his life wanting all the money and luxury given to royalty, but with nobody telling him what to do or not do. And that for 30-odd years, everyone around him said that no, if he wanted the benefits and luxuries he had to accept responsibilities in return. And I really, REALLY think that Meghan was the first person who ever told him that yes, he could have what he wanted, that she could make it happen.

Well IMHO she's promised more than she can deliver, and Harry is a stupid, spoiled, immature man-child if he doesn't understand why.

by Anonymousreply 125January 23, 2020 4:30 AM

Cuntherine has a 50 year old face and William is the ugliest 37 year old in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 126January 23, 2020 6:43 AM

Harry and William have been feuding since Meghan entered the picture. She fomented that.

by Anonymousreply 127January 23, 2020 1:43 PM

R126 Beauty fades, stupidity and an ugly soul is forever.

by Anonymousreply 128January 23, 2020 1:54 PM

Catherine is gorgeous and you know it. Meghan has always had a ratchet face. Girl got slapped hard by the ugly genes. Hollywood knew it too. That's why she never got anywhere. Well, that and her terrible acting.

by Anonymousreply 129January 24, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote]stupidity and an ugly soul is forever.

So is correct grammar, moron. Stupidity and an ugly soul ARE forever.

by Anonymousreply 130January 24, 2020 9:57 AM

R130 OK

by Anonymousreply 131January 24, 2020 1:07 PM

R130 Thanks for the correction. I'm glad that you agree.

by Anonymousreply 132January 24, 2020 1:11 PM

r129 she was a significant character in a well-liked TV series for 7 seasons, I think she did fine.

by Anonymousreply 133January 24, 2020 6:51 PM

She looked absolutely beautiful on that show. It wasn’t a demanding role, but she handled it well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 24, 2020 9:08 PM

R134 role of...girlfriend? How DID she manage

by Anonymousreply 135January 24, 2020 9:24 PM

Yes she was a regular in a tv series for 7 years a job the typical actor would love. She is pushing 40 unless you produce your own projects or Meryl Streep is the kiss of death. She left the show the show didn’t leave her.

I like them. This feels like we have the spirit of Diana Back. I wonder who she would have felt about the woman most of the world loves to hate.

by Anonymousreply 136January 24, 2020 9:27 PM

[quote]Catherine is gorgeous and you know it. Meghan has always had a ratchet face.

This is pure, raging delusion. Catherine was always blandly pretty at best, until she hit 30 and began looking haggard. Meghan is the better looking one by far, and a million times sexier than matronly Kate.

by Anonymousreply 137January 24, 2020 10:12 PM

Better looking thanks to Botox and plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 138January 24, 2020 10:22 PM

Meghan is about as sexy as an old granny. She's got wheelchair legs, broad shoulders and a thick torso, with small breasts. That photoshopped studio picture makes her look better, but isn't what she really looks like. Even there, she is average. She has a supporting role, and was not very good at it. She was being written out of the show either way. Her storyline had come to an end. She admitted that to Lizzy Cundy. Suits was not a popular mainstream network show. It was popular on its basic cable network. Let's not pretend she was something she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 139January 25, 2020 10:15 AM

I honestly think it's fair to say most people never heard of Suits until MM became a thing...

In all seriousness, its too bad that the BRF & the Harkles couldn't find a way to make it work; when Charles spoke at Davos this week, I thought how that would've been the perfect milieu for those two: swanning around Davos with the ultra rich & making smug speeches about carbon footprints & water usage. Now maybe it's true that the BRF or Charles in particularly can't bear to share the spotlight, but since he was hanging out with Greta & trying to look like Cool Grandpa, it might have been nice if he was joined by Mr. & Mrs. Woke, the next generation of Royal Environmental Warriors (or something like that)

by Anonymousreply 140January 25, 2020 3:17 PM

As soon as I see a nickname like "Harkles" or "Sparkle" I stop reading, because you know whatever comes next is going to be total bullshit in the guise of actual thoughtful commentary.

by Anonymousreply 141January 25, 2020 7:40 PM

Meggy and Merchie Windsor.

Harry, no offense, sir, but will call you if we need you.

by Anonymousreply 142January 25, 2020 7:59 PM

Was Kate jealous of Meghan...maybe, but I think she just didn't like her. Certainly the gossip is that William and Kate believed that Meghan was pursuing Harry for his title and the potential income and fame that would bring. As for Meghan, I doubt she was jealous of Kate.....more like she was resentful of Kate. Royal protocol is such that Meghan and Harry were always going to be sidelined by William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 143January 25, 2020 8:25 PM

I remember the interview and tv special biography with Harry and William last summer on the Anniversary of Diana's death. One issue that they both seemed to be especially embittered about was being forced to walk behind their mother's casket in that procession to the Church. They were both really worked up and angry and said it was awful. That they were just kids and should not have been paraded.

So I knew then that at least some of the resentment was still there. And neither of them were hiding it. I don't blame them.

by Anonymousreply 144January 25, 2020 9:30 PM

You know, if Harry and William had been kept home instead of participating in their mother's funeral, they'd have been traumatized by being excluded and not being a chance to say goodbye. And if they'd gone and been allowed to cry in public, they'd have been traumatized by being allowed to embarrass themselves.

Face it, there's no way to make their mother's funeral anything less than traumatic for a minor child, and Harry and William are old enough to realize it and stop whining. Yes, it was horrible and traumatic, but don't pretend that there actually had been a way for Charles to make it better.

by Anonymousreply 145January 25, 2020 10:14 PM

R145. The funeral procession could have been staged another way and maybe had no one walk behind the casket with Charles standing with his sons with the queen and Philip in a royal box somewhere else. Charles walking with the casket was hypocritical bullshit. Yes, I'm sure he was sad and in shock, but he and Camilla made Diana's life sheer hell. Charles treated Diana like rubbish. Charles was a piece of shit acting like an entitled asshole thinking that he could continue to embarrass his Diana and his sons by openly having an affair with Camilla for all to see. Charles should never have been allowed to walk behind Diana's casket. He didn't deserve the honor.

by Anonymousreply 146January 25, 2020 10:38 PM

R143-I disagree. I think Meghan was jealous of Kate going all the way back to her infamous "who wants to be a princess? I want to be She Ra" comment. There are too many moments when her mask slips, and she glares at Kate where you get a glimpse into her real feelings. Couple that with her leaking the "Kate didn't give Meghan a lift to the shops" tale to Lainey Gossip and her reputed to be behind the Rose rumors. And pile on each time she has put out an Instagram post or some other stunt (South African documentary) that times with Kate in the press, and you have a picture of a woman consumed with jealousy. It's too many coincidences. And a very entertaining Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 147January 25, 2020 10:44 PM

Truth bomb: William and Kate will continue to be relevant for the rest of their lives. Meghan and Harry will fizzle out within a couple years, divorce, and basically be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 148January 26, 2020 12:24 AM

Who's idea was it to have William and Harry walk behind the casket--Charles's, or Philip's? It is common for royals in every country to have their closest male family members walk behind their caskets during state funerals, but Harry was so young he should have been spared the ordeal.

"The Crown" showed Philip having to do it at a very young age when his sister Princess Cecilie died in a plane crash, but I don't know if that was historically accurate. If it was, maybe he thought, "I did it and managed, so Harry and William can do it too.:

by Anonymousreply 149January 26, 2020 12:30 AM

Sorry: "WHOSE idea," not "Who's idea."

by Anonymousreply 150January 26, 2020 12:30 AM

R146 he was supporting his children.

I remember reading somrewhere that Phil asked them if they wanted to do it.

by Anonymousreply 151January 26, 2020 1:51 AM

The story goes that up to the last minute there was debate about if William and Harry should walk behind the coffin. Allegedly Philip pushed for it because he felt that the boys might come to regret not doing it later in life. Naturally the boys were hesitant and Philip offered to join them if it would make them feel stronger. There is a touching moment when the procession goes under Admiralty Arch and Philip puts his arm around William thinking the cameras were not on them.

by Anonymousreply 152January 26, 2020 3:16 AM

Exactly r147 its been obvious for some time. There are numerous photos of her giving Kate the Evil Eye.

by Anonymousreply 153January 26, 2020 5:07 AM

The Diana Walk was a no win situation. If they hadn't done it, they might regret it too.

by Anonymousreply 154January 26, 2020 6:19 AM

"Torture"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 26, 2020 6:22 AM

"Glad he did it"

Even his own answer isn't consistent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 26, 2020 6:23 AM

Charles is probably wishing Harry were James Hewitt's bastard after all.

by Anonymousreply 157January 26, 2020 6:35 AM

Considering how pouty Charles was when he was younger, I would say the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 158January 26, 2020 6:57 AM

Philip and Charles Spencer were against making the boys walk behind the coffin. I don't think Charles made them do it. The men in grey suits made them do it and it was very damaging.

by Anonymousreply 159January 26, 2020 6:57 AM

Phillip wasn't meant to walk behind the coffin. He only did it as encouragement/support for Wills and Ginger, saying to them "I will if you will". He was 75 years old at the time.

by Anonymousreply 160January 26, 2020 7:03 AM

Jesus...so many inbred nitwits on this thread arguing about "MY princess is the PRETTIEST SMARTEST BESTEST one and yours is DUMB AND UGLY!!!"

Which is ridiculous since Kate is far superior to that grasping trollop MeAgain, who can't even properly carry her own son.

by Anonymousreply 161January 26, 2020 7:07 AM

Well, the important this is, that Harry and William were angry as of a year ago that they walked behind the coffin. They could have entered the church with the Queen and waited. It still resonates with them. I think William has swallowed some of the resentment as he had to get on the future King of England train. But Harry has not. He said in that interview that he had been and was getting therapy. Remember in one of Williams's recent statements - he mentioned mental health. He didn't mean Meghan; I think he was talking about Harry.

by Anonymousreply 162January 26, 2020 6:09 PM

^ *the important thing is,

by Anonymousreply 163January 26, 2020 6:11 PM

[QUOTE] Yes, it was horrible and traumatic, but don't pretend that there actually had been a way for Charles to make it better.

Not having W and H walk in the procession behind the coffin would have made it a hundred times better. I watched the funeral and nobody expected to see that. It was appalling.

by Anonymousreply 164January 29, 2020 3:26 PM

That's how Meghan drew him in, she played up his mother and that the family has done him wrong.

by Anonymousreply 165January 30, 2020 12:23 AM

I dunno. Was the walk really all THAT bad?

by Anonymousreply 166January 30, 2020 2:19 AM

The boys were in a no win situation. They could have thought today they should have walked behind the coffin if they hadn't. It was a brutal thing to have happened when they were so young. And they couldn't be alone with their grief it had to be turned into a public spectacle. I feel somewhat bad for Harry because he will never get over it and there's no way he can. I kind of think of John Kennedy Jr. in the same way. Traumatized at such a young age by a parent's public notorious death and going through life somewhat stunted and bewildered by it all coping as well as they can but always stumbling.

by Anonymousreply 167January 30, 2020 7:29 PM

R167 I agree with you on the first part that if they hadn't done it, they might regret it today. But that he has no way to get over it or deal with it...the man has access to the best mental healthcare on the planet. Stop stewing in your grief and deal with it, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 168January 30, 2020 8:22 PM

Please just because you have access to the best mental health care on the planet means jack shit for certain people when they are severely traumatized so young. It's like saying somebody who is rich but physically ill will live no matter what because they have access to the best medical care. Even young rich people die of diseases that can't be cured.

by Anonymousreply 169January 30, 2020 8:48 PM

Harry loves portraying the victim.

by Anonymousreply 170January 30, 2020 10:25 PM

Who doesn't, R170? Everybody does! It's all the rage on college campuses, where the Victim Olympics is now more popular the football!

As for his mother's funeral, there is no way in fucking hell that having your mother's funeral shown on international TV isn't going to be traumatic, no matter what role you're given. I'm sure there are a billion better reasons for William to resent Charles, but there's really no way he could have made that spectacle tolerable for the boys. It was going to be horrific no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 171January 30, 2020 10:28 PM

Boo fucking hoo.

by Anonymousreply 172January 31, 2020 12:13 AM

R167 Well, the Queen tried to keep them up in the highlands to grieve, but the public and media bitched, so they all had to come down and put on a show. People at the time sort of wanted a ridiculous public display.

by Anonymousreply 173January 31, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote] I kind of think of John Kennedy Jr. in the same way.

I remember reading that John Jr. had no memory of his father.

He was just having his 3rd birthday when JFK died and it's doubtful that Jr. knew what was going on.

As for the salute, there were earlier pictures of John Jr. copying the soldiers he saw saluting. Watch the clip. Jackie leans down and says something to JFK Jr. who then did the salute. The image, while certainly iconic, was probably just him copying the soldiers as he often did before.

by Anonymousreply 174January 31, 2020 3:29 AM

R167. If Will and Harry did not march behind the casket--and then they thought about it today, then they could have at least justified it in their heads by saying, "Well, we were too young." But now, they look it and say, "Why did they make us do that?" Two very different thoughts in your head.

Plus, they could have had no one march behind the casket. Philip certainly didn't need to do it. He was 75 and he didn't even like Diana. Charles was divorced from her, and besides, he was a cheating asshole. No one expected him to walk behind the casket. No one would have expected her brother to walk behind the casket. And then of course, that would have let Will and Harry off the hook.

The British Royal Family could have just had some soldiers in all their regalia walk behind the casket, and everyone would have thought that would have been very nice and an appropriate tribute. And no one would have even given it a thought that Will and Harry should be doing it.

by Anonymousreply 175January 31, 2020 3:45 AM

I remember thinking the walk was very touching - all the most important men in Diana’s life accompanying her body in a loving, protective manner, so she wasn’t alone. Yes, even Charles.

by Anonymousreply 176January 31, 2020 3:54 AM

R176. It was touching...or at leasst we thought it was at the time. But for all these years, we now learn that Will and Harry did not want to do it. And, as adults, they resent having to do it even after all these years. Maybe Harry at the moment more than Will, but Will didn't like it either. He's just showing more restraint by not talking about it given his role in line of succession.

by Anonymousreply 177January 31, 2020 3:59 AM

Actually that's not true, Phillip and Diana used to write to one another and he was fond of her.

by Anonymousreply 178January 31, 2020 7:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!