Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The worst crime I have ever read about

The episode on 20/20 reminded me the other day about the most vicious crime I have ever read about.

Tom and Jackie Hawks.

Their bodies were never found, and here is my disturbing question-

When they were thrown overboard attached to a boat anchor- how did these murderous animals get the anchor back on the boat when they sailed back to port???

I don't understand how the 2 victims could not still be attached to the anchor as they were tied to it?

This motherfucker sailed the boat out to sea where the water was the deepest-

by Anonymousreply 154January 29, 2020 2:35 PM

Oh God, that was so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2020 10:01 PM

This was really just nightmarish. There’s a really good book about the case, Dead Reckoning.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2020 10:58 PM

I can’t imagine a worse way to die. Maybe they would just unattach the anchor from the boat.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2020 10:58 PM

Two anchors?

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2020 11:01 PM

R3- I guess that must be the answer- That is the only possibility- I never thought of that..

R2- I have meant to read that book- The author was on the 20/20 special.

I was very surprised that 20/20 would bring up an old case for no reason. They combined a 2009 report with a current report. The author was a key part of the update. But there were no new developments.

For the first time, they showed home videos of Tom and Jackie. Jackie seemed like a SWEETHEART.

Haunting case. Murdering Criminals get more peaceful deaths than this couple did. The author said the water was (3500 or 35000??) feet in depth- the fucker chose that spot because the water was the deepest. In either case they both would have passed away before that anchor ever hit the bottom anyway..

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2020 11:16 PM

This one haunts me too

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2020 11:19 PM

And yes, they left the anchor they tied Tom and Jackie to in the ocean-

Article I read stated that a good friend who went to the boat soon after Tom and Jackie were missing noticed that 1 (of the 2) anchors was gone-

He noticed that right away.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2020 4:09 PM

OP, that’s the best worse case you got?

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2020 4:59 PM

R8- Yeah, its terrible-forcing someone to drown.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2020 9:27 PM

Dean Corll- would tear off boys genitals with his teeth or chew them off. He would insert glass rods into their urethra and shatter them. He would insert huge dildos up their asses. He killed at least 28.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2020 9:29 PM

One where a man came home to find the dishwasher racks sitting on the kitchen floor, he opens the door to put them back and his 11 year-old stepson is inside, dead, having gone through a wash cycle. They never found the killer. It took place on a military base, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2020 9:37 PM

This would be the worst crime for eternity forever and ever for me:

Junko Furuta (古田 順子 Furuta Junko) was a Japanese high-school student who was abducted, tortured, raped, and murdered in the late 1980s. Her murder case was named "Concrete-encased high school girl murder case" (女子高生コンクリート詰め殺人事件, Joshikōsei konkurīto-zume satsujin-jiken), due to her body being discovered in a concrete drum. The murder was mainly perpetrated by four teenage boys, Hiroshi Miyano (宮野 裕史), Jō Ogura (小倉 譲), Shinji Minato (湊 伸治), and Yasushi Watanabe (渡邊 恭史).

Approximately 100 people knew about Furuta's captivity, but either did nothing about it or themselves participated in the torture and murder. Most of the participants were friends of the teenage boys, who were low-ranking members of the yakuza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2020 9:41 PM

I was called 'little homosexual boy' by Faye Dunaway

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2020 9:57 PM

I know people who voted for TRUMP.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2020 11:20 PM

[quote]Approximately 100 people knew about Furuta's captivity, but either did nothing about it or themselves participated in the torture and murder.

WTf with so many people not doing anything to help her...

[quote]Most of the participants were friends of the teenage boys, who were low-ranking members of the yakuza.

Ooook, now I know why they did nothing to help her. Pretty much thinking you'd end up like her if you talked.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2020 11:40 PM

OP, don't ever do a search about Baby P.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2020 11:46 PM

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom were utterly, terribly destroyed.

I wish their murderers had been shot right in the court room, right in front of their parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2020 11:47 PM

I wish I never opened this thread. I've never heard of any of these cases, so down the rabbit hole I went and started googling/reading.

Wish I hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2020 11:50 PM

R17. Jesus Christ. I have not thought of that one in many, many years. THAT was horrific. I cannot even click your link. I remember their young faces. My god.

As well as that family in Connecticut (the dad survived) and that young family in Virginia? Both home invasions.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2020 11:55 PM

The Pettit family murder in Cheshire, CT shook me up.

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2020 11:56 PM

Weren't the Hawks murdered by an x power ranger?

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2020 11:58 PM

The big fish ate them.

Or they were sliced and diced by the blades on the motor.

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2020 11:59 PM

The little British toddler killed by the two British boys.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2020 11:59 PM

What's insane to me is when you find multiple people who go along with your savagery.

by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2020 12:01 AM

isn't the killer a tranny now. All trannys are fkin crazy.

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2020 12:03 AM

R17 and R19, yes, the Christian-Newsom murders are among the most awful I've ever heard of. The sequence of events reads like a horror movie - and not a Hollywood PG-13 horror movie, either. I think it's the fact that both victims were abused for a long time before they died and both knew exactly what was happening and what their fate would certainly be.

I don't support capital punishment normally, but the perps in that case should be put to death. They are irredeemable.

by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2020 12:05 AM

R24- I just had that conversation with a friend!!!

It is the ultimate proof of LAW OF ATTRACTION.

Its supremely fascinating that complete psychos find each other and that 2, 3, 4 people have no issue with committing heinous crimes-

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2020 12:05 AM

👽 Dyatlov Pass . . . . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2020 12:05 AM

Well then clearly you do support capital punishment R26. At least when it suits you.

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2020 12:07 AM

R21.. yes, your right about the actor former power ranger and his accomplices that killed the hawks...

so so sad and disturbing, jackie looked like a total sweetheart and tom (i know this doesn't mean anything!) was a gorgeous hunk of a man...like a colt studio model car hardwick type....that's why they had 3 people in on it to overpower tom hawks first, the "power ranger", his female accomplice and some big tall hitman they hired.

it's cases like this and others that makes humanity think "can their truly be a GOD that allows all of this to happen, no matter the reason?!"..

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2020 12:11 AM

Based on the videos on 20/20, Jackie WAS a sweetheart, and Tom was GORGEOUS. Their son is gorgeous too.

What I really appreciated is that they were not wealthy- the episode made it clear that they were extremely frugal SAVERS who earned that boat.

The reason they did not use a broker to sell the boat was that it was going to cost them around 10% or something-$45,000 or something- and that was a lot of money to them- they had sacrificed a lot. They simply wanted to be around for their new grandson..

That story will always get me.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2020 12:16 AM

R31.. good post and i hear you, it will FOREVER haunt me when i think of it because jackie, tom and his son were/are good people..

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2020 12:22 AM

The worst things I've ever seen/read:

-also the Christian-Newsom

-also Junko Furuta

-also Dean Corll

-transcript of the Toolbox Killers audio tapes.

-transcript of Ian Brady/Myra Hindley's audio tapes

-transcript of the Bernardo/Homolka videotapes

-the account of the Wichita Massacre

-the account of the Cheshire Murders

-pictures of Dorothy Stratten's death scene

-Carey Stayner's confession

-comic strips that the Children of God produced for kids explaining why they should have sex with adults

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2020 12:30 AM

Oh man R33- I have read and and aware of all of those.

And yes, those Yosemite Murders were probably my first True Crime obsession- Truly another horrible crime.

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2020 12:34 AM

R34 Martha Moxley was my first true crime obsession.

Have you ever read Stayner's confession?

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2020 12:36 AM

Being drowned is not the worst way to die--it's over relatively quickly, and there's little pain, though there's some panic as it happens.

I think that while was happened to the Hawkses was monstrous 9and they must have been terrified when they were tired to the anchor and knew what was going to happen), they did not suffer nearly as much as the poor two kids at r17.

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2020 12:38 AM

R35- I did read his confession and the best article about the case was in Outdoor magazine (or something like that)

My god, the 2 women in the lodge was bad enough, and then what he did to the daughter. And that poor woman after them was even more horrifying.

He was a true sick fuck. I like the video of him standing behind his brother after he came home from his kidnapping. You could tell that he had major issues brewing.

I think those are the crimes that get to me.

Crimes of horror that infringe on the most idyllic circumstances. Its incredibly frightening.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2020 12:41 AM

The Dnepropetrovsk maniacs in Ukraine.

They were 3 crazy-demented teen boys who went from torturing animals to an all out murder spree using hammers in some subzero backwater town in that apocalyptic shithole of a country. They videotaped everything and a couple clips of some of the murders ended up on the internet.

Everything about the story is just awful and beyond depressing: from the setting to the abject poverty these people lived in to the amoral, sociopathic monsters who committed the crimes.

How do people just...HAVE that in them? It just fucking blows my mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2020 12:42 AM

It's called fetal alcohol syndrome. They are severely disturbed with no possibility of rehabilitation.

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2020 12:54 AM

Wow, some sick shit here. Those Ukrainians were beyond belief, but I still think what Dean Corll did was the all-time worst.

by Anonymousreply 40January 22, 2020 1:19 AM

The Sylvia Likens torture and murder case in Indianapolis in 1965 was very similar to these other cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 22, 2020 1:24 AM

OP you should watch "I Survived".

by Anonymousreply 42January 22, 2020 1:25 AM

Poor Shanda Sharer was another torture and murder victim, also from Indiana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 22, 2020 1:30 AM

R42 GREAT series.

by Anonymousreply 44January 22, 2020 1:34 AM

Just when I think I heard it all, I find this thread. I had to stop watching I SURVIVED because I was getting too scared. Never heard of Dean Corll or the kids at R17. Just horrible. Heading out on a Sat night and then taken two blocks away to be repeatedly raped and forced to suck black dick over and over. I think of the Cheshire Murders constantly. It will never leave me. I don't understand why GOD allows these things to happen. I want to know WHY.

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote] Heading out on a Sat night and then taken two blocks away to be repeatedly raped and forced to suck black dick over and over.

Why did you need to specify [italic]black[/italic] dick? Would it have been somehow better had she only been forced to suck white dick?

by Anonymousreply 46January 22, 2020 1:42 AM

Anything with torture sounds pretty horrible...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 22, 2020 1:48 AM

R37 Outside magazine, but close enough. I read a book about him and the confession was in it. I remember putting the book down and just cuddling with my cat (who has sadly since passed away) for awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 22, 2020 1:52 AM

R45, I have the same question as R46. You act as though being tortured and raped to death by white dick is somehow less monstrous. God, you fucking asshole.

Gee, at least that little toddler in Britain got batteries shoved in his mouth and anally by little white boys. Makes his murder less painful, right, you Klan douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 49January 22, 2020 1:59 AM

R48, My Little True Crime compadre, that is the article!!

I am sorry about your cat :(

by Anonymousreply 50January 22, 2020 2:07 AM

Most of the really sick crimes mentioned here were committed by white men r45.

by Anonymousreply 51January 22, 2020 2:18 AM

Look at you stupid cunts turning yet another thread into a race bait shithole. I hope you really believe the stupid things you say, I hope it impacts you emotionally, I hope it burns a hole through you. Fuck off and die in a grease fire, people like you are a social cancer.

by Anonymousreply 52January 22, 2020 2:27 AM

R52, WTF are you yapping about? Perhaps if the stupid Klan asshole@R45 didn't decide to do that and make it racial -and let's be honest, I just read about that TN crime and white supremacists/Neo-Nazis DID in fact try and do what he just did with that particular crime- you'd be able to continue to enjoy your gruesome thread.

And the racist moron mentions God which is fucking laughable considering he's a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 53January 22, 2020 2:34 AM

Well, this thread has reached its conclusion.

See ya on the flip side.

RIP Tom and Jackie. And all the other victims.

by Anonymousreply 54January 22, 2020 2:39 AM

I love true crime, so fuck you R45 for derailing it with your racist nonsense!

by Anonymousreply 55January 22, 2020 2:48 AM

It isn't particularly brutal, but the Texas Cadet Murder was so sad and senseless. Particularly the part about how David Graham lied about sleeping with the victim to make his girlfriend jealous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2020 2:52 AM

Dean Corll and Sharon Tate went to elementary school together in Pasadena, Texas. He would commit 8 of his murders just 3 streets from the elementary school they attended.

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2020 2:58 AM

r17 that's one of those cases that's stayed with me. There are a few crimes that are so horrific you still think about them from time to time, even years later. Those animals who killed them should've just been taken out in back of the courthouse and shot.

by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2020 3:05 AM

Regarding the anchor and boat crime-- in my memory what was most terrifying about it was that the murderers tied the anchor to the two owners who were in the cabin and then threw the anchor overboard. The owners' bodies followed the anchor, propelled toward the deck but were caught by the hatch door and were mangled and squeezed through the hatch with great force before hitting the water. Or that's my memory of the murder.

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2020 3:31 AM

The family life of Fred and Rosemary West. They were abused as kids and they abused their kids. Fred raped his 13 year old sister when he was 20. Rosemary's father, who had abused her since she was 10, would come to visit and fuck his daughter while Fred watched. One of their daughters was repeatedly raped by Fred, Rosemary's father and Fred's brother, and was pimped by Fred and Rosemary to customers. She got pregnant to her father Fred at 15. It's suspected one of Rosemary's kids was sired by either her father or her younger brother. The couple also killed one of their children and buried her under the patio. Rosemary, when she was just 17, apparently killed one of Fred's daughters, a girl whom Fred had been sexually abusing since she was 3. And these were just a few of their crimes. They apparently killed at least 11 women.

It's all so very depraved, like a decades long string of disgusting things happening. A quick drowning seems almost merciful next to getting sexually abused for years by your own father, grandfather and uncle, and then being whored out to customers by your mother and father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2020 3:43 AM

Dear Lord, r12! That is awful!!! What I want to know is how the investigators got that detailed of a description of what all happened to the girl? If the only evidence was what the boys told her, how do they know if it's factual. I hope to God at least some of that wasn't true. I can't even imagine witnessing that kind of horror, let alone being part of it. Reading about it is bad enough.

Equally as terrifying is that it's kids who committed the gruesome crime. I've had past students (in prison now) that were pretty scary and committed some pretty despicable offenses, but this is so far beyond. . .

by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2020 4:30 AM

I didn't read the whole story(Don't want to) but how many people came on the boat with the guy who claimed he wanted to buy it? Didn't they get suspicious? Or was it just one guy and he was able to overpower them?

by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2020 1:50 PM

R59- They were not mangled and squeezed. Jackie hit head though (on the boat) as they were going over..

R62- Tom did get suspicious, and when the Kennedy guy said he had to use the bathroom down in the hull/cabin area, after a period of time Tom got suspicious and went downstairs. The piece of shit power ranger followed him, and the Kennedy guy and he overpowered Tom. At that point, Jackie heard the commotion and the younger guy who got the shorter sentence, overpowered her. They were both initially tied up in the cabin I think..and forced to sign over power of attorney.

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2020 2:40 PM

I watched a few youtube videos last night on the Channon Christian murders, it's just too evil and sick to keep watching. How can someone be against the death penalty in a case like that? even the medical examiner cried

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2020 4:38 PM

R64 oh my Gosh! I did the same thing. It was making me so angry. Just kill these people. They just let them go off into a cell rent free and live their lives until some of them will get out. It's fucking absurd. R46 R49 R51 R53 R55 I SAID WHAT I SAID. They were black, were they not? I'm sure for a cute southern belle and white southern jock boyfriend it was more traumatizing because it was the worst kind of black. Ugly, dirty, ignorant, ghetto TRASH. I would be more traumatized by it and I am a Puerto Rican. I've never been with a black person (not racist just don't really care to) and that would definitely add to the trauma for me. It is what it is. Stop the dramatics about me derailing the thread and shit. Y'all did that. I said what I said. That's all. Anyway, back to topic!

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2020 4:50 PM

Joseph E. Duncan III Case.

BOISE, Idaho — Jurors on Tuesday watched a police interview of an 8-year-old girl that was videotaped soon after she was rescued from a convicted pedophile who she said raped her and forced her to watch him torture, molest and kill her younger brother. Appearing composed and wrapped in a quilt decorated with teddy bears, Shasta Groene described how she and her 9-year-old brother, Dylan, were raped and forced to perform sex acts together by Joseph Edward Duncan III, whom she called "Jet." The federal jury is to decide whether Duncan should be executed. He has pleaded guilty to 10 federal counts involving the kidnapping and torture of the children and the slaying of Dylan at a remote campsite in western Montana. He also faces the death penalty in a separate state case in which he pleaded guilty to murdering the siblings' family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2020 4:51 PM

Matthew Hoffman

Feb. 10, 2011 — -- The Ohio man found guilty of holding a 13-year-old girl hostage after killing her family and stuffing their dismembered bodies in a hollow tree had an obsession with trees and leaves, police documents show.

Pictures of Matthew Hoffman's home reveal a living room stuffed with leaves, a bathroom lined with more than 100 bags of leaves, and a freezer that contained only a couple of red popsicles and two dead squirrels.

Hoffman, 30, is serving a life sentence for three murders and for the kidnapping and rape of the teen.

The two police officers from Mount Vernon, Ohio, who first entered Hoffman's home in November 2010 discovered mounds of leaves so high they feared that bodies could be buried underneath them.

"So much runs through your mind: What if someone is hiding under that pile? Or in this case, I thought, 'Is that where he's hiding the bodies,'" Mount Vernon Police Detective Craig Feeney told the Columbus Dispatch.

By the time police entered his home, Hoffman had already killed and dismembered Tina Hermann, her 11-year-old son Kody Maynard and Hermann's friend Stephanie Sprang.

Police found Hermann's 13-year-old daughter in the basement of Hoffman's home. She was bound hand and foot and was confined to a makeshift bed of leaves.

Hoffman, an unemployed tree trimmer, confessed to investigators that he had made the bed of leaves and covered it with blankets. He told investigators that the little girl "liked that bed, it was extremely comfy and I wanted to sleep on it."

While holding the girl hostage, he gave his victim the book "Treasure Island" to read and watched the movie "Iron Man" with her, according to his confession.

He also admitted raping the girl, who was found by police wearing "a white plastic bag that had holes cut out for her legs that she was wearing like a makeshift diaper," according to case files.

Moments after her rescue, the girl told police that she was late for school and asked if they could take her to school.

Unaware that Hoffman had murdered her mother and brother, the girl told police that she feared Hoffman had killed her dog. Hoffman would later confess to killing the dog because it would not stop barking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2020 4:54 PM

R50 Matt LeBlanc supposedly spent his last dollar right before he got the role of Joey on Friends.

You're right. There are so many variations of that story. However, when you look at most of these people's IMDB pages, most had been jobbing actors for a few years before landing their big break, which I'm sure didn't make them rich, put a roof over their head and food in their fridge.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2020 5:06 PM

I'm R68 for some reason this got posted here instead of the "Celebrity Origin Stories" thread. I was seeing posts for both. I have no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 69January 22, 2020 5:08 PM

On hulu this week, I've already watched two episodes of this one crime show documenting real life cases where women performed cesareans on women and ripped the babies out from their womb and killed the women (and one time, the child) in the process. Those cases are so messed up.

by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2020 5:09 PM

R66 Where do these people get these ideas from? I read these stories and they're stuff that wouldn't occur to me that someone would ever want to do to someone.

by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2020 5:13 PM

One of the first cases that really hit was the murder of Sherrice Iverson by Jeremy Strohmeyer. There is surveillance footage of Strohmeyer, and his friend David Cash, following Sherrice into a bathroom, where he killed her and the Cash watched.

There was a big controversy a few years later when Cash enrolled in UC Berkley and some of his classmates tried to get him kicked out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 22, 2020 5:23 PM

R71 I once asked a doctor that question, like why would would someone kill their family instead of just getting a divorce, it makes no sense, I find it mind boggling, and he said that you have to remember they are mentally ill, they don’t think like normal people do, they don’t think logically, they have thoughts that would never occur to someone whose brain functions normally.

by Anonymousreply 73January 22, 2020 5:36 PM

R18 I got to your thread and gave up. I knew if I kept reading, I'd be going down that rabbit hole also.

I remember seeing a 20/20 or Dateline episode about this couple and being horrified. Why did they drag it out again? They seemed like such a happy couple, enjoying their time....I don't want to read anymore.

by Anonymousreply 74January 22, 2020 5:50 PM

[quote]I don't understand why GOD allows these things to happen. I want to know WHY.

Are you sitting down?

by Anonymousreply 75January 22, 2020 5:51 PM

R75 Are YOU sitting down? There is DEFINITELY a GOD. I know. You're not gonna change my mind so keep it moving sugar tits.

by Anonymousreply 76January 22, 2020 6:11 PM

Any of you familiar with the Kristin Smart case? She's been missing 23 years from Cal Poly campus at San Luis Obispo and was declared dead in 2002, although no body was ever found. FBI just told her family to brace themselves for an unexpected outcome, and they might want to get out of town for a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 22, 2020 6:17 PM

WTF R77? Unexpected outcome and get of town? What on earth could that mean?

by Anonymousreply 78January 22, 2020 8:07 PM

Looney at r76.

by Anonymousreply 79January 22, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote]There is DEFINITELY a GOD. I know.

Well, that's nice for you but the rest of us are wondering why he allows this kind of horrible shit to happen. Next time you talk to him can you ask for us?

by Anonymousreply 80January 22, 2020 8:09 PM

r76 = Mel Gibson

by Anonymousreply 81January 22, 2020 9:29 PM

The one with that gay guy from St Louis who would keep victims alive for weeks torturing them in unimaginable ways. One died of sepsis from his injuries. I will not recount as it is nightmarish stuff on par with that Japanese girl.

by Anonymousreply 82January 22, 2020 11:08 PM

Back in the 80s/early 90s we (me & now-husband) lived in the city & had a shitty car. When we visited relatives on eastern Long Island or vacationed in Montauk, we would drive home & were really scared once we got to Nassau county in case the car broke down. From Nassau all the way home to Manhattan was dangerous at night. There were tons of robbery-killings plus the diner robbery where the perpetrators made the diners have sex with each other. We never stopped for gas, food or anything. We always tried to return home in daylight.

I remember in the early 2000s telling a young physical therapist “The city used to be dangerous. My neighborhood was dangerous because it’s all I could afford & when I came home from my grad school classes I had to walk 2 blocks alone at 10:30. It was deserted & very frightening.” My apartment building complex had a security guard who drove a Cushman every half hour at night. Now the apartments go for $2M

She couldn’t believe it.

by Anonymousreply 83January 22, 2020 11:30 PM

Ariel Castro of Cleveland, Ohio, kidnapped 3 young girls. For ten years, kept them chained up in his house, raping them, etc. One of them even gave birth to his child. Girls' names are: Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, and Gina DeJesus.

For some reason, my YouTube feed has contained multiple videos about the case. He is now dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 22, 2020 11:35 PM

So far r47 ties with Junko's killing as the most horrific. He not only repeatedly tortured her and murdered her, but he gouged out her eyes anywhere between three weeks and five days before he finally killed her. Imagine living that long knowing your eyes had been gouged out...

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2020 11:43 PM

R12 ‘s Story of death and cement reminded me of this one, the Manila Film Center was a rush job being built by Imelda Marcos for the launch of a Cannes style Film festival. There was a horrible accident when scaffolding collapsed and construction workers in numbers of 160 plus were trapped in drying cement. Not wanting to take time to rescue them, more concert was poured over them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 23, 2020 12:09 AM

Actor Norbert Leo Butz’s Sister Teresa and her lesbian partner were attacked in their home by a man who held the at knife point and repeatedly raped them throughout the night. The partner got away, but Teresa was killed. The Advocate won a Pulitzer for the writing about the trial and much of the partners testimony is in the article and is brutal to read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 23, 2020 12:23 AM

No mention of the Carr Brothers killers? sick SOBs

by Anonymousreply 88January 23, 2020 12:47 AM

Kelsey Grammar’s sister was violently, repeatedly raped & sodomized by 2 men. They were going to let her go in a trailer park, but one of the men decided to stab her to death. She was able to crawl to a trailer and tried to knock on the door, but no one was home, when the owners came home, they found her dead and there were bloody handprints on the door.

It turned out that the men had gone to rob a Red Lobster where Karen worked as a waitress. The cashier had already locked the cash register, so they couldn’t get any money. They walked into the parking lot and found Karen Grammer walking to her car. The kicker - the cashier saw them walk over and start talking to her immediately after trying to rob him & he did nothing. They were two black guys, obviously criminals and the cashier had to know their intentions were bad & he did nothing. He could’ve called the police.

by Anonymousreply 89January 23, 2020 12:50 AM

Boo-hoo.

I could tell you a story. But....

by Anonymousreply 90January 23, 2020 12:52 AM

Dad who decapitated his son's head and tossed the head out of the car window at the cop cars pursing him.

Mom who stabbed her toddler son who recovered but died later of his injuries while in school.

by Anonymousreply 91January 23, 2020 12:59 AM

"Mame" starring Lucille Ball.

by Anonymousreply 92January 23, 2020 1:07 AM

R80 If you saw my original post you would see I said I believe in GOD but wonder why he allows these things to happen. I hope I find the answers in the afterworld. And yes, there is most definitely an afterworld. Anyway, you guys keep derailing the thread. Not me. If you don't like my post just move past it and ignore. You're not gonna change my mind or make me feel weird by calling me a "looney". Anyway, back to topic please!

by Anonymousreply 93January 23, 2020 1:16 AM

R87. Unreal story. I had no idea about this story. Truly horrifying. Theresa's partner is one hell of a human being. Wow...

by Anonymousreply 94January 23, 2020 1:20 AM

The Charles Ng and Leonard Lake killings are horrific—even worse, I saw a true crime documentary once on TV, and they showed clips of their "murder tapes"—not the acts of murder themselves, but the women being videotaped and interviewed by the men beforehand. Chilling, horrific stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 23, 2020 1:35 AM

This one really creeped me the fuck out. The killer, a young man named Matthew Hoffman, broke into a house in Ohio and hid until the two kids who lived there (a brother and sister) got home from school. He proceeded to stab the boy to death, but he kept the girl hostage; later, when their mother arrived home with her friend, he killed both of them as well, before dismembering the three bodies in their bathtub. He then stuffed the body parts in a hollowed out tree in a state park, and kidnapped the daughter and kept her as a sex slave in his basement, the floor of which had bizarrely covered with dry leaves.

The creepiest part about it to me was that the woman's children had mentioned that they thought they had seen someone staring at their house from the field across the street in the weeks leading up to the murder—ostensibly the killer, staking out the house. Apparently he agreed to lead police to the tree where the bodies were hidden under the agreement that it be kept standing after they removed them. They told him they would, but of course cut the tree down afterward. I am frankly ashamed to admit that the killer was rather attractive—psychotic, but somewhat handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 23, 2020 1:48 AM

r95 that is one case I wish I had never, ever heard about. I'm rarely shocked, but that was sick and twisted beyond words. I wish I didn't know about it at all.

by Anonymousreply 97January 23, 2020 2:28 AM

I wish I didn't know this thread existed. DAYUM

by Anonymousreply 98January 23, 2020 2:40 AM

R93 I think that part of believing in God in the abrahamic sense is accepting the fact that the physical realm is tainted and corrupted, hence why such awful things happen here. This is where the concept of "sin" comes from in the first place. Transcending the mire, the greed, and the evil in the world is the ultimate goal, though exactly how that's accomplished is debatable.

by Anonymousreply 99January 23, 2020 2:50 AM

Nice to know you believe that R96. Frankly, I think "god", if it exists, is oblivous to us little pests on this planet. Totally omniscient and indifferent.

by Anonymousreply 100January 23, 2020 3:10 AM

If some sort of God exists it is a psycho killer of ugly dimensions beyond any sick and depraved killer ever born.

by Anonymousreply 101January 23, 2020 3:28 AM

Michigan Death Trip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 23, 2020 4:11 AM

R76 and R77, what a terrible thing to do to the family! I almost can’t believe it’s not a hoax (not by the family but by some sicko posing as an agent). Why would the FBI tell the family something like that but not reveal what the breakthrough is?

Unless … is the girl still alive? Maybe she was kidnapped but not killed, or even ran away voluntarily, and has been alive and living a new life all these years.

by Anonymousreply 103January 23, 2020 8:12 AM

^Yes, devastatingly stupid. The family should sue.

by Anonymousreply 104January 23, 2020 9:23 AM

IF there is a "GOD".. he/she/it is pretty twisted and perverse and so on. i mean a GOD that could create everything and literally do anything but ALLOWS so much pain and hurt because we are suppose to be thankful that this GOD even created us in the first place and this GOD could have made us perfect but chose not to, and don't worry, someday will be rewarded (maybe) with a afterlife but their are no guarantees and this GOD refuses over the ages to give EVEN 1 hint of a afterlife or that he/she/it even exists besides his leftover handiwork?....

or that EVERYTHING has a reason? the holocaust was good because??? a small child innocent being killed by a flying tree branch and those parents will grief for decades for the rest of their lives is good because?? "don't worry, you'll see your child again, just don't mind those decades of pain!"...

sounds like this GOD is sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 105January 23, 2020 2:10 PM

The Ripper Crew in Chicago. Killed 18 women in about a year. I believe at least one of them actually knew and worked for Gacey. They would slice wounds into (living) victims and then penetrate the wounds and have actual sex in their wounds. They used piano wire to cut off women’s breasts. Some were sex workers, but not all. I believe one woman escaped after they cut her breasts off. They were into satanism, and one of them was executed and then the moratorium on the IL death penalty kicked in. One of them had an extremely low IQ, I believe he was recently released. Nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 106January 23, 2020 2:14 PM

Here's some music for this thread's "reading pleasure":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 23, 2020 5:25 PM

The Kristin Smart stuff reminds me of another case, Tara Calico. She disappeared in 1988 and has never been found. In 2008, the sheriff where she lived announced that she was killed by accident and he knew who did it, but could not make a case. Tara's stepdad was angry at him for saying anything. Around that time the sheriff was also shopping a book about the case, but it looks like nobody was interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 23, 2020 5:36 PM

I don't KNOW about the REST of YOU, but I REALLY find r105's FREQUENT use of ALL-CAPS deeply ANNOYING. It READS like he's SHOUTING at SOMEONE.

by Anonymousreply 109January 23, 2020 6:07 PM

[quote] Around that time the sheriff was also shopping a book about the case, but it looks like nobody was interested.

Good!

Glad they saw through his obvious attempt to profit off of someone’s death.

by Anonymousreply 110January 23, 2020 6:09 PM

All of the perpetrators of the 1982 Seacrest diner have been released. Six men beat, raped, robbed, shit 2 men & forced customers to have sex with each other. It was never reported in the press, but people who knew police back then said that family members were forced to have sex.

They were sentenced for something like 800 crimes, but there was a cap on how long someone could be sentenced for class B felonies & they could only receive 15-30 years with possibility of being paroled in 15 years. Most were let out by the early 2000s because of rules about serving 2/3rds of their term, not violating prison rules & participating in treatment programs.

Before going to the diner, they committed a home invasion at a house party where they beat, raped, robbed & urinated on party guests.

The local newspaper Newsday reported on the crime but in 1982, the proliferation of media was not like it was today. Because of the nature of the crimes, it was not sensationalized.

Today, there would be a movie & a Showtime series made out of it, showing the naked people simulating sex while the criminals laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 23, 2020 10:46 PM

shit 2 men

Shot 2 men

by Anonymousreply 112January 23, 2020 10:47 PM

R93 types frau. Serious frau.

by Anonymousreply 113January 23, 2020 11:12 PM

This Chris Watts shit has me freaked out! I swear his mother and sister were involved NOT the mistress!

by Anonymousreply 114January 23, 2020 11:27 PM

What was the first big crime where salacious details were made public and captured the public’s attention? Leopold and Loeb, Black Dahlia, or something earlier like the H.H. Holmes serial killings?

by Anonymousreply 115January 23, 2020 11:34 PM

That weird California couple that chained their 6 kids since birth to bed frames leaving food just out of reach. Christmas presents never opened? Or the couple that kept their young rape victim under the bed in a secret soundproof bedframe? How many Trump sperm infested this country....anyone seeing a pattern?

by Anonymousreply 116January 23, 2020 11:34 PM

R17

From that Wiki article of their murder:

"According to the Associated Press, some bloggers and media critics claimed that the story was ignored by the national media because the victims were white while all five of the suspects were black. Most news reports came from local media and online news sites. Erroneous early reporting made claims of dismemberment and mutilation of Christian's body. The District Attorney denied most of the original reports containing misinformation; the source was a federal deputy US Marshal after the suspects' arrest in Kentucky.

The president of Criminal Justice Journalists, an association of crime, court, and prison writers, editors, and producers, said:

I can't say that this one would have had any more coverage if five whites had been accused of doing these things to two blacks, absent a blatant racial motive... as bad as this crime is, the apparent absence of any interest group involvement or any other 'angle' might also explain the lack of coverage."

by Anonymousreply 117January 24, 2020 12:06 AM

The John Wayne Gacy crimes were horrible. It's hard to believe someone as respected as Rosalynn Carter would befriend him.

by Anonymousreply 118January 24, 2020 12:37 AM

Did Carter befriend him or just get her photo taken with him?

by Anonymousreply 119January 24, 2020 12:39 AM

R113 And you type seriously cliche.

by Anonymousreply 120January 24, 2020 4:50 AM

The Wichita Massacre is one of the worst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 24, 2020 5:56 AM

Laurence Singleton abducted and raped Mary Vincent then cut off both of her arms. She survived and managed to escape. I think she was around 15 years old,

by Anonymousreply 122January 24, 2020 6:53 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 123January 24, 2020 9:23 PM

But I'm not wrong R120.

by Anonymousreply 124January 24, 2020 10:42 PM

R124 Go make something of your life. Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 125January 24, 2020 11:44 PM

The worst cases are the the murders that occur AFTER the poor victim (s) have been tortured. Sometimes the torture lasts, hours, days or weeks. Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom died in that way, after long hours of torture. Here are some other cases:

The infamous Black Dahlia case. Elizabeth Short was trussed up and tortured (cut, burned, sliced) for at least 72 hours. She also, one report said, had feces in the stomach. The corners of her mouth were cut up to her ear; her breasts were mutilated. She was found in a vacant lot, her body cut cleanly in half at the waist. And although several people have claimed to have revealed who committed the murder the fact is that the murder remains unsolved.

The murder of Dennis Jurgens. Dennis Jurgens was a baby when he was adopted by seemingly nice couple, Harold and Lois Jurgens. But they were both entirely fucked up; the husband was totally under the thumb of his wife, and his wife was totally crazy. Despite her being unfit to raise a child, she managed to get her hands on seven of them, five of them adopted after Dennis's appalling death. During his short life (he was three when he died) his adopted mother starved him, scalded his genitals with hot water, and used him as a punching bag. He eventually died of peritonitis from a hole torn in his intestine; the hole came from her throwing him down the stairs. Although covered in bruises and cuts, no one investigated his death until years later when his biological mother called for his case to be reopened. Lois Jurgens was eventually convicted of manslaughter and did about 7 or 8 years in prison. Not a very long time for torturing a small child to death.

Sylvia Likens. She was a 16 year old girl with incredibly awful parents who left her and her sister to "board" with a deranged woman with seven children named Gertrude Baniszewski. Gertie, along with her children and assorted other neighborhood kids, took turns torturing Sylvia. The poor girl was starved, burned with cigarettes, punched, thrown against walls, scalded with hot water, forced to shove a coke bottle in her vagina and had the words "I am a prostitute and proud of it" carved into her belly. She eventually died from a blow on the head. Gertrude's accomplices did no substantial jail time; she herself did about 20 years in prison. Unbelievable, considering how atrocious the crime was. She should have been given the death penalty.

The Hi-Fi murders. In Utah a group of five people were held hostage in a home audio store by a couple of thieves. One of them, a psychopath named Dale Pierre, hit upon the idea of killing the hostages after seeing a Dirty Harry movie where a prostitute who killed quickly by being forced to drink Drano, that is, hydrochloric acid. The tied up hostages were forced to drink Drano, which didn't kill them; it just burned out their throats. So they were shot in the head. Before shooting the victims, Pierre raped one of them for 20 minutes, a 19 year old girl who was engaged to be married. Amazingly two of the victims survived; a man who was the father of one of the victims and a promising 16 year old boy who had just flown his first solo flight that very day (he was taking lessons to be a pilot). Although the boy survived his future was destroyed; his recovery was torture and he was never the same again. Needless to say, he never flew a plane again. In this case justice was eventually done. Both of the thieves were eventually executed.

by Anonymousreply 126January 24, 2020 11:46 PM

Good lord, someone is triggered or, judging by their other posts, a cranky cunt.

by Anonymousreply 127January 25, 2020 3:32 AM

Don’t destroy a potentially juicy thread you whores!

by Anonymousreply 128January 25, 2020 5:51 AM

Didn't the cops figure out that the Hawks murders were actually instigated by a woman? One of the culprits wives who encouraged him?

by Anonymousreply 129January 25, 2020 6:05 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 130January 27, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote]Did Carter befriend him or just get her photo taken with him?

R119, r118 knows that Mrs. Carter did not befriend John Wayne Gacy. She writes that same stupid comment every time Gacy comes up.

by Anonymousreply 131January 27, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote]The Pettit family murder in Cheshire, CT shook me up.

This is the crime in which the home invaders, who ostensibly entered the home to rob the family, raped and then set the little girls on fire in their home. Oh and the best part about it is, while incarcerated, the older of the two rapist murderers, Steven Hayes, had the following amazing "revelation":

[quote]In October 2019, Steven Hayes was revealed to be transgender and to be undergoing hormone therapy in prison as part of his transition into a woman. He also revealed to be suffering from gender dysphoria.

This is a man who raped and eleven year old and then doused her with gasoline and set her on fire. But it is good news that his "true self" has been "revealed." Time to correct that error, at taxpayer expense!

Both of them were to be put to death, but then the CT legislature abolished the death penalty for all future cases, and the CT supreme court decided that they'd really meant all future AND PREVIOUS cases....

by Anonymousreply 132January 27, 2020 8:16 PM

R132 I've never heard of that case. Disgusting. Some cases really do deserve the death penalty.

I've never read about Furuta case either. All four of those bastards should have been executed. Their behaviour after serving their ludicrously short sentences shows some people can never change.

by Anonymousreply 133January 27, 2020 8:19 PM

I'm from CT and that case is still talked about regularly here. It was such a shocking and horrifying crime, it's like there's a psychic aftereffect or something.

I agree that those two evil monsters should've been executed.

by Anonymousreply 134January 27, 2020 8:24 PM

So this is the rapist murderer who's hoping to become a woman? What a fucking waste of your taxpayer money!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 27, 2020 8:52 PM

SCUM. Reprobate mind.

by Anonymousreply 136January 27, 2020 9:01 PM

Oh come on, with some pearls, a wig and the right shade of lipstick, he'll look darling!

by Anonymousreply 137January 27, 2020 9:05 PM

Steven Hayes didn't rape 11 year old Michaela Petit. She was molested by his accomplice Joseph Komisarjevsky (he performed oral sex on her). Hayes raped and strangled the mother of the two girls, Jennifer Petit. The two rapist/killers were given the death penalty but their sentences were commuted to life imprisonment when Connecticut abolished the death penalty in 2015.

The father, William Petit, was the only survivor of the home invasion. He has moved on with his life. He remarried, to a much younger women who is the exact same physical type as his late wife. They have a son. He ran for public office (as a Republican, naturally) and now serves as a representative in the Connecticut House of Representatives.

by Anonymousreply 138January 27, 2020 9:26 PM

The Enema Bandit In the late 60s a guy went around robbing women around the University of Illinois Champaign. He would break into their homes and give them what else? Enemas!

It even got mad into a porn film called WATER POWER work bisexual porn star Jaime Gillis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 27, 2020 9:42 PM

The Keddie murders is a truly nightmare-inducing case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 27, 2020 9:57 PM

It could just be my conspiratorial mind here, but what if the guy R132 referenced wants to transition to be transferred to a women’s prison.

The way things are going, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 141January 27, 2020 10:34 PM

There's an excellent documentary about The Cheshire Murders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 28, 2020 3:59 AM

Some sad details about the Cheshire Murders:

-The mom and little girl were sexually assaulted, not the teenager. Komisarjevsky abused and raped the girl while the mom, Jennifer Hawke-Petit, and Hayes were at a the bank. Since Komisarjevsky raped someone, Haynes decided that he should get to rape someone too. It's believed that Jennifer Hawke-Petit offered herself in the place of her other daughter.

-Komisarjevsky mocked William Petit in his diary for failing to stop the attacks, calling him a "coward."

-When she was at the bank, Jennifer Hawke-Petit informed the teller, who notified the police of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 143January 28, 2020 4:10 AM

Can anyone explain why all government funding for someone convicted and on a life sentence is not stopped? Why the hell should taxpayers pick up the bill for this guy's wishes when he denied three others their lives?

by Anonymousreply 144January 28, 2020 5:41 AM

I've always thought this crime was pretty horrific. Basically, he raped a young woman in the desert and CUT OFF HER ARMS! Somehow the victim (Mary Vincent) managed to survive and get help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 28, 2020 5:51 AM

I know he never confessed but why cut off her arms and chuck her down a hill/ravine instead of decapitation? Obviously he wanted her dead but was this his idea of prolonged torture?

by Anonymousreply 146January 28, 2020 5:56 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 28, 2020 6:07 AM

Moor Murders

by Anonymousreply 148January 28, 2020 9:37 AM

[quote]the Christian-Newsom murders are among the most awful I've ever heard of. ... I don't support capital punishment normally, but the perps in that case should be put to death. They are irredeemable.

The case was one of Bill O'Reilly's pet causes, and much of the outrage about it comes directly from the Fox News lie that there was no coverage about it because of reverse racism, i.e. the victims were white and the perps were black and "the media hides the truth about black crime."

Certainly it was a horrific crime, but the case was used for rightwing propaganda purposes, and I respectfully suggest that you wouldn't be nearly as upset about it if the rightwing press hadn't manipulated the details.

by Anonymousreply 149January 28, 2020 9:52 AM

Fred and Rosemary West were two extraordinarily evil, fucked up messes. How did these two think that having Rosemary's father come around for sex with his daughter while Fred watched is in any way normal or acceptable? Their brains were definitely wired wrong. Their poor kids. I hope they have something of a normal life now.

by Anonymousreply 150January 28, 2020 10:14 AM

Dr Shipman having the audacity to start poisoning relatively healthy old ladies in his GP consulting room then moving them to a waiting room to die.

Dr Botkin Adams pulling up a frail old ladies' nightdress, peeling back the bed covers, opening all her windows and exposing her to the freezing sea air outside (to induce pneumonia).

Not the worst crimes when compared with some of the shockers listed above but still horrible to imagine people meant to look after our elders can be so wicked.

by Anonymousreply 151January 28, 2020 3:19 PM

The "Fatal Vision" murder is one of the most publicized cases and particularly bad. A pregnant woman and two little girls butchered by their husband and father, the infamous Jeffrey MacDonald. There have been several threads about him, so I won't go into detail, but the murders were truly atrocious and Jeffrey MacDonald was obviously the killer, despite his claim that a bunch of hippies for some reason broke into his apartment, giving him relatively minor injuries in contrast to the carnage inflicted on his helpless wife and two little girls. He said a long haired blonde girl wearing a floppy hat held a lighted candle and chanted "Acid is groovy! Kill the pigs!" I think that's pretty funny. But he swears it happened. MacDonald, as evidenced many times, is a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2020 6:53 PM

R141 You're probably right.

by Anonymousreply 153January 28, 2020 6:59 PM

Bump for moar

by Anonymousreply 154January 29, 2020 2:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!