Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is every hockey player so hot?

Seriously you don't see this in any other sport, 100% gorgeous guys, it's almost like a prerequisite. Scroll down through these prospects on the link every single one is a stud. What gives?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 28, 2020 11:39 AM

Yes, in college the hockey players were way hotter than the football players but never got the same amount of admiration

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2020 10:38 PM

I attended college in New Jersey; hockey players were all upper middle class, private school kids. There's something about that group that seems to make them hotties.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2020 10:49 PM

Always nice thick legs and butt

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2020 10:55 PM

This statement is very true. Way hotter as a whole then any of the other sports.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2020 10:58 PM

Yeah, there’s also a more common factor for hockey players than in other sports. Wonder what that could be????

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2020 10:58 PM

They're all white. Of course they're hot.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2020 11:04 PM

I also noticed that growing up that many had WASPy or Germanic heritage and were pretty affluent.

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2020 11:07 PM

Bullshit. Football players are way hotter and way more masculine!

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2020 11:09 PM

Bullshit. Football players are way hotter and way more masculine!

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2020 11:09 PM

The post-game foot stink sweat is nothing compared to any other sport. And not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2020 11:10 PM

Umm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2020 11:12 PM

Stunning!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2020 11:13 PM

Hockey is a sport of the upper middle-class, so naturally you will have lots of hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2020 11:13 PM

A veritable Prince Charming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2020 11:14 PM

The kids in OP's link are not yet fully cooked so I'll pass on them, but there are lots of good looking guys currently in the NHL.

Few on DL seem to care about hockey, especially in comparison to football or baseball.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2020 11:15 PM

R14 - not ugly. Not ugly at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2020 11:17 PM

... not ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2020 11:19 PM

Even straight men in general don't have much interest in hockey R15. I played it as a kid, but it is very regional. Every young boy can aspire to be a baseball, football, or basketball player. Hockey not so much.

Add to that it is a pretty brutal sport. Football can be rough of course, but not on the 24/7 (game wise) hockey is.

I quit playing in my later teen years. I still like ice skating (not the same as figure skating), but I liked my teeth too much to continue.

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote]I attended college in New Jersey; hockey players were all upper middle class, private school kids. There's something about that group that seems to make them hotties.

That something is trophy wife mothers. Successful WASP businessmen with an athletics background go for the prom queen/cheerleader types.

That said, hockey also has its share of gangly, baby bird and knuckle-dragging neanderthal types. I think it's just that the sport's emphasis on speed, strength, stamina, AND coordination tends toward general good health/athleticism rather than the specialized types you see in football or basketball players or track & field athletes. Healthy, fast, & strong + jack-of-all-trades athleticism is going to result in more average features than the sports that require extremes of one sort; the closer one's features are to average, the more attractive they are in general.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2020 11:21 PM

Let me guess because most of them are white....... duh

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2020 11:23 PM

You only like white guys, r20?

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2020 11:27 PM

There are plenty of ugly or average looking white football basketball and baseball players, some people on here want to make everything racial.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2020 11:28 PM

Human beings are predisposed to think that healthy young people are good-looking - that's biology at work. Looking for sexual mates, biology says to pick the strong, healthy ones. The same actually applies to regular, symmetrical features, which are also often indicative of good health. . (One reason why Sarah Huckabee Sanders does not win many beauty awards). Athletes in general are going to "read" as healthy, and thus as good-looking. But feature by feature, I didn't find most of the guys in that hockey lineup anywhere close to model-beautiful. Still very attractive and would have no problem getting sexual partners!

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2020 11:34 PM

Keanu Reeves and Tom Cruise played hockey.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2020 11:36 PM

Well, Tom just played with a stick.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2020 11:37 PM

Even if they are actors, I owe it to Letterkenny to opening my eyes to the beauty of hockey players and the ritual of chirping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2020 11:43 PM

R19 all that is true about lacrosse players as well ... and they're often very hot.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2020 11:46 PM

In the old aol m4m days, there was a ex-hockey player in NYC would was slutty as fuck.

He was such a handsome, hairy hottie that I went weak at the knees when he came over.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2020 11:49 PM

Canadian here, known a lot of players, they're not all hot, but the serious players always have fantastic bodies. No they aren't all white, it's big with natives, they have the size to go up against the beastly white boys that dominate the sport. Other races not as much.

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2020 1:26 AM

Every single one may not be hot but proportionately to other sports it seems like the most by far

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2020 2:21 PM

R26, those Letterkenny guys really are hockey players, as is Jared Keeso who plays Wayne and Shoresey.

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2020 3:03 PM

I'm not reading through the threads but HOCKEY PLAYERS HAVE NO FRONT TEETH! That is not hot.

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2020 3:14 PM

They're not. They look like they've been inbred for generations.

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2020 4:19 PM

Tyler Seguin is one of my favorites. He's got no qualms about showing off, either. He and Gus Kenworthy should get together and do a winter-themed Body Issue photoshoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2020 4:33 PM

I look forward to a sports announcer saying, when a ref penalizes him, we'll "C Jack Hughes off" the ice.

by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2020 6:07 PM

Testosterone is stimulated by leg workouts and their thighs and asses are massive, so maybe some of their physical and facial features are hypermasculinized, having been bathed in elevated levels of testosterone during their formative years. 🤤

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2020 7:17 PM

Tyler Sequin hates to be off camera and is just waiting for hockey to be over so he can get to Hollywood, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2020 7:39 PM

Very interesting theory r36, is that really true about leg workouts stimulating more testosterone as opposed to other body parts? Never heard that before

by Anonymousreply 38January 21, 2020 11:45 AM

R27 I’m sure you’re right, but for me Lacrosse is naturally a sport for posh babydykes of a bygone Era. I can’t imagine young men playing it at all let alone today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 21, 2020 12:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 21, 2020 12:41 PM

Amy Schumer said the biggest dick she ever saw was on a famous hockey player - that when he got it out she said "um no way"

by Anonymousreply 41January 21, 2020 1:29 PM

Amy Klobuchar sid the same thing except she threw a stapler at it

by Anonymousreply 42January 21, 2020 1:40 PM

Since when is hockey an upscale sport? Maybe with new money types.

Try Lacrosse, soccer, crochet, archery, quail hunting, equine sports...

by Anonymousreply 43January 21, 2020 4:30 PM

Don't forget golf and tennis r43.

by Anonymousreply 44January 21, 2020 4:39 PM

Hockey is upscale because the gear is expensive.

I think one of the common factors to many of the guys being good looking is that they are French Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 45January 21, 2020 4:42 PM

But the people who play hockey are.... not upscale.

by Anonymousreply 46January 21, 2020 5:16 PM

I played hockey in high school, almost everyone on the team (including myself) rented or borrowed gear. Some schools even had uniforms specifically owned by the school to pass down each year.

by Anonymousreply 47January 21, 2020 5:19 PM

OP has apparently never seen Zack Kassian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 21, 2020 8:27 PM

or

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 21, 2020 8:31 PM

R48, anyone can take a bad picture.

That dude is hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 21, 2020 8:31 PM

or

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 21, 2020 8:32 PM

I get it that not every single hockey player on Earth is hot, obviously among the thousands of current and former and college players there are some who are not. You know it wasn't meant literally, so no one is surprised or impressed that some imbecile can find a picture or three of unattractive hockey players. You must be a totally insufferable human being in your daily relations with others, grow up and stop acting like a big baby starved for attention and trying to prove himself right.

by Anonymousreply 52January 21, 2020 8:39 PM

I also guarantee that the players depicted as "not hot" are infinitely more attractive than the person who posted them

by Anonymousreply 53January 21, 2020 9:56 PM

Even Gretzky had false teeth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 22, 2020 12:24 AM

R43 your sticky wicket makes me crochety

by Anonymousreply 55January 22, 2020 5:07 AM

They’re all white; all straight; all Republican. Of course OP will find them hot. I, on the other hand, will take a hard pass, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2020 6:04 AM

Jack Hughes kind of looks like Logan Lerman in the OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2020 6:13 AM

R43 Cake-eater!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2020 7:51 AM

" grow up and stop acting like a big baby starved for attention and trying to prove himself right."

YOU'RE THE BABY!!! YOU'RE THE BABY!!

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2020 9:05 AM

F. Trevor Zegras is way cute, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2020 9:46 AM

Paul Bissonnette is quite the stud. Humorous and brooding at the same time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2020 9:53 AM

here's a clip. I think he hosts or does commentary now. would not want to fight him over the remote thats for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2020 9:55 AM

Voi Kapteeni; minun Kapteeni!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2020 10:35 AM

never dated a hockey stud muffy that twernt gay ish...

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2020 10:51 AM

'do you think its funny

that hockey men is breast fed by their

mommy' ???

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2020 10:54 AM

A significant % of hockey players are indeed easy on the eye. The damn Canucks especially.

It must be all that sticky grade-A maple syrup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2020 11:06 AM

Luckily, the good-looking ones get the shit kicked out of them frequently on the ice. This 'rite of passage' should be mandatory for all good-looking people. It’ll keep 'em grounded :).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2020 11:08 AM

I think the poster upthread who said they probably often are offspring of beautiful "trophy-moms" is correct.

Here’s a photo of Dallas Stars' Jamie Benn’s parents. They’re over-the-hill now obviously, but you can tell his dad and particularly his mom were good-looking back in their day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2020 11:13 AM

[quote][R48], anyone can take a bad picture.

Posters like R48 always post the worst pictures they can find to inflate their theory.

ANYWAY...I think most UFC fighters are hotter than any hockey players that I’ve seen.

by Anonymousreply 69January 22, 2020 11:15 AM

I saw a recent interview with Wayne Gretzky. He's turned into an elderly lesbian. So has his wife.

by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2020 11:16 AM

Almost all UFC fighters have broken / flattened-noses (due to continually being punched in the nose).

The might have been hot once - but their faces eventually get totally wrecked. (Hockey also has its share of broken noses - but far less compared to UFC.)

Ice hockey broken teeth can be fixed with veneers - UFC shattered noses are much harder to fix. Ask Cameron Diaz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2020 11:24 AM

R66 Cap’n Benny is bias of the Hawkey Frau crowd not because he’s hot, but because he’s boyish, cuddly and approachable in a nice-guy way. So nice that every Yellowstar and their Mom feel like they have a shot.

What’s funny about this is, he’s actually quite ferocious on the ice when provoked - like a real bear rather than a Teddy - and was made Captain in the first place for his brute strength and take-charge attitude. But hilariously everyone just overlooks it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 22, 2020 11:39 AM

what these dum hot butts go thru and to their bodys/faces for a bit of glory and $ is truly fukd up.

COME TO MOMMY … LET MY WARM TIT MILK SOOTH AND HEAL THY LIP WOUNDS.

by Anonymousreply 73January 22, 2020 11:56 AM

It's because they are young and fit... That's all.

by Anonymousreply 74January 22, 2020 12:12 PM

R56 What a rotten generalization, hockey actually has more democrat players than most sports, the only one outdoing it that I can think of being soccer.

by Anonymousreply 75January 22, 2020 12:21 PM

R71 Not even close to almost all UFC fighters have flattened noses. JESUS

by Anonymousreply 76January 22, 2020 12:54 PM

Check out the "Check, Please!" web comic. It's about a college hockey team and NHL players. The two main characters are a gay couple and two of the supporting characters are gay too. They're all hot too, naturally.

The comic is online and free and it has a sweet story line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 22, 2020 1:21 PM

^ link to the comic below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 22, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote] They're all hot too, naturally.

Uh, they’re cartoons!

by Anonymousreply 79January 22, 2020 1:27 PM

Mathew Barzal from the Islanders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 22, 2020 1:35 PM

Tom Wilson is so damn ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 22, 2020 1:42 PM

And don't get me started on Holtby. 😤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 22, 2020 1:43 PM

Like their t-shirts in R82. And yay, straight allies.

by Anonymousreply 83January 22, 2020 1:45 PM

R13- Tennis is THE Upper Middle Class sport.

by Anonymousreply 84January 22, 2020 2:44 PM

I always thought that SOCCER PLAYERS were the hottest guys of any sport.

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2020 2:46 PM

(Now retired) Jason Chimera is still my favorite...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 22, 2020 2:53 PM

With Martin Brodeur a very close second. That chubby face and that smile!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 22, 2020 2:54 PM

[quote] What’s funny about this is, [Benn’s] actually quite ferocious on the ice when provoked - like a real bear rather than a Teddy - and was made Captain in the first place for his brute strength and take-charge attitude. But hilariously everyone just overlooks it.

R72, “Ferocious when provoked” is 99% of hockey players. E.g. Ovechkin is like a “cuddly Teddy” and “approachable in a nice-guy way” when off the ice too - but he recently knocked out another player on the ice.

Benn can be as “ferocious” as he wants, but at the end of the day he’s not particularly big so, no, he doesn’t have “brute strength” compared to bigger enforcers. He looked ridiculous, like a border collie barking at a St. Bernard, trying to fight a 6’ 7’’ 200+ pound guy who simply held him back with one hand until Benn gave up. Benn was lucky that the bigger guy wasn’t particularly interested in fighting him, lol.

He got made Captain not because he’s “ferocious” - but because he can string 2 sentences together to negotiate with refs on calls (a basic level of communication skills that many hockey players lack).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 22, 2020 3:30 PM

They were talking about how expensive hockey is today. Parents are paying tens of thousands a year, some up to 50K to send their kids to hockey academies. Old asshole Gretzky was interviewed and he said that his parents couldn't afford to keep him in the sport if he were a teen today.

by Anonymousreply 89January 22, 2020 3:35 PM

Here's the link to the news segment I watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 22, 2020 3:38 PM

Oh, dear. *watched*

by Anonymousreply 91January 22, 2020 3:40 PM

Difficult to believe that someone as pretty as Oscar Klefbom is an NHL defenceman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 22, 2020 3:49 PM

This pic of Klefbom also caused a bit of a stir amongst the fans of hockey pulchritude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 22, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote] Not even close to almost all UFC fighters have flattened noses. JESUS

Yes, they do, R76. The nose is mostly soft cartilage - it's the easiest thing to damage in a face-punch fight sport. So eventually almost all of them get flattened noses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 22, 2020 4:00 PM

They all look phenomenal in jockstraps.

by Anonymousreply 95January 22, 2020 4:14 PM

Sidney Crosby is still unmarried? Are there any hockey players over thirty years old and not married? Usually they hook up before they turn 25...he never talks about his personal life...ever. But at the same time, he’s not rousing suspicion about certain men either. Maybe he’s just asexual.

by Anonymousreply 96January 22, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote]Sidney Crosby is still unmarried?

I mean, have you looked at him? Only a face Pierre McGuire could love.

by Anonymousreply 97January 22, 2020 4:43 PM

That first dude, Jack Hughes, is so pretty I could cry.

by Anonymousreply 98January 22, 2020 5:24 PM

Part of what has turned youth hockey into a "premium" rich-kids' sport is that the cost of ice time at arenas has sky-rocketed, sometimes getting close to $1k per hour for nicer rinks and facilities. So you have some schools and programs paying $50k weekly to get all their teams sufficient ice time. The bulk of that cost get's billed to parents' of the players. Tack onto that the cost of expensive uniforms, skates and gear (which are crazy expensive new). My sister has three kids in hockey. I asked her how much they spend yearly on the sport and she said at least $40k, probably more when you account for other things like gas and hotel rooms for away games.

As for the OP's topic, I fucking love hockey players. They are definitely way hotter than any other sport.

by Anonymousreply 99January 22, 2020 6:14 PM

So your sister spends $1,000 per month per kid on ice hockey?

Jeepers-creepers, if that had been the case in the 90s, the Mighty Ducks film would have been a [italic]very[/italic] different movie!

by Anonymousreply 100January 22, 2020 7:56 PM

That’s why *I* trained on ice rinks in malls!

by Anonymousreply 101January 22, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote] The bulk of that cost get's billed

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 102January 22, 2020 8:11 PM

Is that the monthly breakdown R100? If that's the case, that seems low actually. It's probably closer to a $4k or $5K cost. Mind you, the actual sport itself is probably only somewhere around $2k monthly. There's a lot of incidental crap that stems from being on a team sport. For example, once a month or so, my sister has to host team carbo-load dinners for the kids (which means catering because who the fuck is gonna cook for 15 kids or whatever). The last one came out to around $1500 when you account for the booze for the parents. It should also be mentioned that they're a "hockey family." It's basically all the kids do, and they do it year round. Her friend has four boys in it. They legit spend around $100k yearly for them to be in hockey, but they go to special schools and camps.

R102, you also missed the possessive parents' in the same sentence. I don't quite know what was going on in that one. Sheesh. Oh Dear is right.

by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2020 9:34 PM

Hockey players, rugby players and lacrosse players get me going. These sports seem to attract similar handsome yet rugged men.

by Anonymousreply 104January 22, 2020 9:47 PM

R6 for the WIN!

by Anonymousreply 105January 22, 2020 9:57 PM

not a single man posted has been breath taking or even above average handsome. White guy standards are so low. That suguin guy is the only hot one, sidney crosby used to be cute to me with h his phat ass and Jonathan toes is a butterface with an ass that won't quit. give me a rugby or soccer team any day.

by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2020 10:15 PM

Hot for hockey men usually means more rugged than classically handsome

by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2020 10:17 PM

Darcy Kuemper is hot I think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2020 10:30 PM

[quote]ANYWAY...I think most UFC fighters are hotter than any hockey players that I’ve seen.

Yuck. UFC fighters tend to be heavily tattooed, ghetto or white trash. The same kind of crowd who own pitbulls.

by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2020 11:21 PM

I had a weird crush on goaltender Jeremy Roenick growing up, but that had a lot to do with his wisecracking sense of humor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2020 11:39 PM

Recently retired but super handsome. Patrick Sharp from the Hawks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2020 11:46 PM

I wanted to play hockey as a kid but when I was trying to learn how to skate when I was like 8 older boys kept making fun of me. Since I was a drama queen and a little prince I was like fuck it and never went on ice again. Here it's pretty much the biggest sport but I've never been into it. I can watch soccer and get into the mood but hockey does nothing for me, even though some players are quite hot.

Here's a local national league level hockey player who passed out in a bar and was naked for whatever reason. When the pic went viral he tweeted "Small dick, big soul". He's currently playing in Denmark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 23, 2020 12:18 AM

OP here, thanks to everyone for posting your opinions and pictures, glad this thread took off!

by Anonymousreply 113January 23, 2020 2:01 AM

I want this woman’s job.

She missed the nipple!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 23, 2020 5:39 AM

This job is wasted on this old guy.

He can’t even pinch a nipple properly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 23, 2020 5:44 AM

[quote] I had a weird crush on goaltender Jeremy Roenick growing up, but that had a lot to do with his wisecracking sense of humor.

Not weird at all. Goalies are the most fun. They don’t take themselves too seriously. My current fave is Julius Hudáček from Slovakia - nothing special looks-wise (balding at 30), but tons of fun. Guys like him are up for anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 23, 2020 6:08 AM

R95, they always have. Here’s Bobby Hull back in the ‘60s. Not a handsome guy, but a beautiful body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 23, 2020 6:50 AM

Here's Hull looking even less handsome, but with an amazing body. Look at those arms!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118January 23, 2020 6:51 AM

Gymnasts are 1,000 times hotter than hockey players.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 23, 2020 7:05 AM

R119, except that the typical gymnast is about 5'2".

by Anonymousreply 120January 23, 2020 7:07 AM

R120, and your point is?

by Anonymousreply 121January 23, 2020 7:23 AM

I love me a good pocket gay.

by Anonymousreply 122January 23, 2020 11:29 AM

Gymnasts tend to look like little boys or in some cases almost like little people. Next to them hockey players look like manly giants. I don't mind pocket gays myself in real life but I'm most certainly more drawn to hockey players.

by Anonymousreply 123January 23, 2020 1:19 PM

But OP only posted NHL players. What’s da matta, don’t warna play Cawlidge Hawkey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 23, 2020 2:19 PM

Seriously though, given a chance to ressurect any hottie from the Hockey Graveyard I’d give Michael Mantenuto (shown in the link^^) a hell of a look.

After dropping out of wunderkind College league career (he was NHL-bound) because his beloved Coach & father figure died and his girlfriend had an unexpected baby, he became a CK model & actor for a short while (see his fine performance in the excellent MIRACLE with Kurt Russell). While he looked on track for great success thanks to his charisma and pretty looks (and yes, he had a nice tight body too before you animals ask), a few years later he found the cutthroat Hollywood life too much and returned home to look after his family.

To pay his bills and get steady work to feed his daughter, working-class Mantenuto then enlisted in the army with the Green Berets. He became an Officer in short order and then an advocate for mental health in the Special Forces, working for seven long hard years. He even found time to coach Peewee hockey went home from tours.

Unfortunately his paths post-hockey had tragic fatal consequences; at 35 years old he shot himself following campaigns in Iran and a long battle with suicidal depression.

He was beautiful, caring, well-loved and a brilliant hockey player & coach whose promising career ended too soon. The only bright side is that he didn’t have to get old, ugly, beaten-up or fail out of the League (but then again he never made it there, so what does it matter?). RIP Manto, G2S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 23, 2020 2:33 PM

Even though he plays for the fuckin Flyers, I'd let Claude Giroux hit it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 23, 2020 3:21 PM

Ahh, Willie Nylander at R114. Best hair in the NHL.

by Anonymousreply 127January 23, 2020 3:22 PM

Do you think most hockey players have been rimmed?

by Anonymousreply 128January 23, 2020 3:23 PM

And I would let (stupid Penguins') Patric Hornqvist do anything he wanted. Even eat my testicles raw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 23, 2020 3:25 PM

I think Sid Crosby is totally fine but my favorite was CHRIS CHELIOS!!

by Anonymousreply 130January 23, 2020 3:49 PM

R126 Yes to Claude.

by Anonymousreply 131January 23, 2020 4:10 PM

See also, Evander Kane 🤤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 23, 2020 4:29 PM

Swedish player Alexander Wennberg is hot. I remember him when he was in his late teens and won team silver in the World Junior Championship. He got really pummelled in that one. I kept thinking: "Don't high-stick him in the face! He's one of the few with classic features!". But, alas.

He's only 25 but already has a concussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 23, 2020 4:33 PM

His body is fine too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 23, 2020 4:37 PM

What about Mats Christeen? He gave up hockey and now designs and sells handmade furniture..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 23, 2020 5:19 PM

Sells "handmade furniture" - suuure. Judging by his pics, that's code for him selling smthg else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 23, 2020 6:51 PM

Oh! That photo @ R135 is by Bruce Weber! Good ol' Brucie sure gets around. We all know how much Mr. Weber likes to give his models "a hand" and "Indian / Buddhist massages" to help them "relax & release tension" before shoots.

by Anonymousreply 137January 23, 2020 6:56 PM

Well, r136, if he’s selling, I’m buying!!

Holy hell!

by Anonymousreply 138January 23, 2020 7:31 PM

One minute with Mathew Barzal. Incredibly, effortlessly, scorching hot -- even his voice. Thanks so much to whoever called my attention to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 23, 2020 8:41 PM

P.S. At the risk of stating the obvious, two other sports that seem to have a VERY high percentage of smoking hot guys are gymnastics and wrestling. College wrestling especially. (I don't like the really massive guys.)

by Anonymousreply 140January 23, 2020 8:46 PM

R3 yup, big butts and killer legs. They were some of the hottest fucks. Oh how I miss those college days in Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 141January 23, 2020 9:21 PM

R92 Oh Fuck, he is dreamy and built

by Anonymousreply 142January 23, 2020 9:37 PM

R97 the face is ok, decent, but have you seen the ass? Amazing

by Anonymousreply 143January 23, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote] at 35 years old he shot himself following campaigns in Iran and a long battle with suicidal depression.

I think you mean i-Rack, R125.

But don't worry - I get i-Ran and i-Rack confused all the time too, especially when I plan to carpet-bomb them. Tomayto-Tomahto, who cares :).

I remember when good ol' Sec of State John Kerry visited Kyrgyz-stan and in his speech there confused it with a different country, Kazakh-shtan - by calling it Kyrzakh-stan. Oh, how we laughed! Good thing he didn't accidentally bomb the wrong one!

by Anonymousreply 144January 23, 2020 10:10 PM

*Kazakh-stan

by Anonymousreply 145January 23, 2020 10:12 PM

Their long limbs and impressive muscles and butts are a sign of good nutrition

by Anonymousreply 146January 23, 2020 10:12 PM

Mantas Armalis - Lithuanian pro goalie in the Swedish Hockey League. He played for the NHL San Jose Sharks for a bit and in the Russian KHL.

He used to be a male fashion model, landing print campaigns, and walked the runway for Versace @ Milan Fashion Week:

“Making him an established face of the Versace label, Donatella Versace commented: "Versace needs faces and bodies like Mantas, the strong gladiator-like build and muscular thighs”. “

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 23, 2020 10:54 PM

He's lucky he's a goalie (they wear full facemasks) - he'll get to keep most of his teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 23, 2020 10:57 PM

Hockey Thighs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 23, 2020 11:00 PM

There are tons of ugly hockey players.

by Anonymousreply 150January 23, 2020 11:04 PM

Armalis is indeed a beautiful man.

by Anonymousreply 151January 23, 2020 11:05 PM

Reminds me of a young Peter Faccinelli, R139.

by Anonymousreply 152January 24, 2020 1:51 AM

Philadelphia Flyers forward Nolan Patrick was a very cute, rudy-cheeked twink when he was drafted ca. 2 years ago.

"He is of Ukrainian descent, with the original family surname being "Patrebka". "

Just like pretty-boy Wennberg @ R133, he's also now recovering from a brain concussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 24, 2020 12:50 PM

Every time I watch him, I have to remind myself that he has a naturally rudy complexion.

Because otherwise it looks like someone just finished slapping him vigorously on the cheek :).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 24, 2020 1:04 PM

Crosby’s best side, his backside

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 24, 2020 2:30 PM

So hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 24, 2020 3:06 PM

please don't post your own pics, r156

by Anonymousreply 157January 24, 2020 3:12 PM

Portrait of R157

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 24, 2020 3:15 PM

Live view of r156/r158

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 24, 2020 3:30 PM

R159, below...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 24, 2020 3:33 PM

[quote]Every time I watch him, I have to remind myself that he has a naturally rudy complexion.

Hello, Rudy! Well, hello, Harry!

by Anonymousreply 161January 24, 2020 3:38 PM

r156/158 etc is just a jealous thread crapper, irl the person who everybody can't stand but who doesn't understand why

by Anonymousreply 162January 24, 2020 4:08 PM

What's that, R162? I can't hear you over all this beauty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 24, 2020 4:11 PM

Changed my mind...she does understand why but has given up and does it anyway. Negative attention better than the usual no attention for the lowest forms of being. I rarely block people but this one gave me pleasure and I recommend the same to the rest of us enjoying the thread 😊

by Anonymousreply 164January 24, 2020 4:19 PM

R164 can't handle all this beauty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 24, 2020 4:31 PM

I think this is the Croatian ice hockey team locker room.

Well, either that or it’s a [italic]very[/italic] realistic-looking set for a good porn intro :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 24, 2020 5:11 PM

Anyone have that video of the naked hockey player walking around in the locker room?

by Anonymousreply 167January 24, 2020 5:15 PM

More Hornqvist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168January 24, 2020 5:16 PM

Oh yay! I found it myself. For those that haven't seen it, enjoy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169January 24, 2020 5:18 PM

^What team is that? The uniform looks like the Dallas Stars but the locker room looks less fancy.

by Anonymousreply 170January 24, 2020 5:35 PM

R170, could they have been playing an away game and that’s the visitors’ locker room?

by Anonymousreply 171January 24, 2020 5:38 PM

Tobias Viklund - played in the Swedish Hockey League and in the Russian KHL. He’s 33 now but he was very hot in his early 20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 24, 2020 5:42 PM

It's not the Dallas Stars although they're using their logo (very common in minor/amateur/beer leagues).

I believe the closest the DL sleuths narrowed it down to was an amateur league in British Columbia.

by Anonymousreply 173January 24, 2020 5:42 PM

I think people figured out that it's an amateur team, R170.

by Anonymousreply 174January 24, 2020 5:42 PM

Yes, R173, it's somewhere in BC.

by Anonymousreply 175January 24, 2020 5:43 PM

They have awesome bodies and there’s some of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. I enjoy watching them play the game and a few really great experiences in the bedroom.

And to the Canadian players I salute you. Thank you after sex is a highlight.

by Anonymousreply 176January 24, 2020 5:50 PM

Yep, jersey Number 6 for the Dallas Stars was Julius Honka. He’s a blonde Finn. That is not Honka’s blonde locks or bare ass in the video @ R169.

by Anonymousreply 177January 24, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote]There are plenty of ugly or average looking white football basketball and baseball players, some people on here want to make everything racial.

That's because DL is full of asshole, racist, white gays who would vote GOP in a heartbeat if they accepted gays. Many of them easily do even without that issue. Racist trash to their core. They didn't get the memo that as "sodomites," they will never be considered a positive to any utopia

Been on here a long time and it's gone downhill for years specifically because of these fucking imbeciles who turn everything racial ."White adjacent" is a term I've never heard or seen anywhere out side of this cesspool.

Look at this Klan gay moron:

[quote]They're all white. Of course they're hot.

by Anonymousreply 178January 24, 2020 5:57 PM

outside*

by Anonymousreply 179January 24, 2020 5:58 PM

Yes, and a pro team would have their last names on their jerseys, R177. Save-On Foods is a grocery store in Western Canada, (you can see the ad for the company hanging on the wall), so the rink is somewhere in W. Canada, probably BC.

by Anonymousreply 180January 24, 2020 6:00 PM

Viklund in his youth

It’s a shame he didn’t play for the NHL - he would’ve been great in a semi-naked charity calendar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 24, 2020 6:01 PM

Right now no one in the Stars roster uses #6, which is kind of funny. Wouldn't be surprised if the organization knows of that video.

In true DL fashion, it had to be spelled out as to how it clearly wasn't that Finnish player mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 182January 24, 2020 6:05 PM

R178, I think that second quote was tongue-in-cheek sarcasm :).

by Anonymousreply 183January 24, 2020 6:11 PM

I’ve often wondered how much downlow sex goes on between teammates & opponents in hockey. It’s whispered that undercover gay sex is rife in other traditionally-masc team sports (in particular baseball, College football & soccer) as well as in wrestling & rowing - so why not hockey too? The hypermasculinity is there, as are the pheromones and the young fit bodies. It would make sense, especially when teams play away or on tour unable to see their wives & girlfriends.

I found this Wikifact rather interesting...

[quote] In 2006, a Sports Illustrated poll of roughly 1,400 professional athletes found that a majority would be willing to accept a gay teammate. Although an aggressive and often violent sport, professional hockey (NHL) athletes seemed to be the most accepting of such teammates as 80% of its players approved of having a gay teammate.

by Anonymousreply 184January 24, 2020 6:20 PM

Oh, dear God, r183. Darest thou exhibit a sense of humor in front of a Warrior like r178?

Anyone would have known that was sarcasm. Almost.

by Anonymousreply 185January 24, 2020 6:22 PM

Never heard of Soggy Biscuit, R184?

by Anonymousreply 186January 24, 2020 6:29 PM

Jonesy and Riley on Letterkenny had a bit about the "Load Code" of not getting cum on your teammate when banging the same chick. Hilarious bit.

by Anonymousreply 187January 24, 2020 6:38 PM

I wanted to fuck Marc-André Grondin while we were both shooting GOON.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 24, 2020 8:02 PM

R155 Oh Fuck, I’m in love with Sidney Crosby’s ass

by Anonymousreply 189January 24, 2020 9:22 PM

That's Mike Ricci, #156 - and I do say, having met him in person AND watched him play on the ice, there's a certain charm to him. I'd totally do him in his prime (late 90s, early 00s). Don't know what he's up to now.

by Anonymousreply 190January 26, 2020 12:57 PM

Dammit, that should have been R156

by Anonymousreply 191January 26, 2020 12:57 PM

I’m all about Evander Kane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 26, 2020 2:25 PM

Baseball players are hotter because the working class is hotter in America.

by Anonymousreply 193January 26, 2020 2:55 PM

Thanks for the link to the Check, Please! webcomic -- it's really well done

by Anonymousreply 194January 26, 2020 3:08 PM

R194 I know ya’ll are going to have a meltdown over this, but the author/illustrator of Check, Please is a Nigerian American woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195January 26, 2020 3:20 PM

Why would I have a meltdown over that? It's not a topic that I would expect her to do, but talent is talent

by Anonymousreply 196January 26, 2020 3:32 PM

Check Please! is great! Thanks for posting that link R78. I read the entire series in an evening, at least what's posted so far. Did some Googling and found the article below about it. Interesting backstory on the Nigerian-American author.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 26, 2020 4:05 PM

Wayne Gretzky was ugly. Generally,hockey players are prettier than the brutes in football. Basketball is black. Tennis is gay guys.

by Anonymousreply 198January 26, 2020 4:54 PM

Hence basketball has hottest dudes

by Anonymousreply 199January 26, 2020 5:22 PM

Basketball dudes are too lanky and awkward off the court. Hockey dudes have great proportion and muscle tone, as do many baseball players.

by Anonymousreply 200January 26, 2020 8:15 PM

Baseball players tend to have great legs and nice butts. Solid, but not huge like football players.

by Anonymousreply 201January 28, 2020 11:51 AM

Very few basketball players appeal to me. Mainly because they tend to have skinny legs.

by Anonymousreply 202January 28, 2020 4:04 PM

As a great drag queen once sang, "Thick thighs make the dick rise".

by Anonymousreply 203January 28, 2020 4:12 PM

Just LOLing at all these thirsty Queens lusting after guys they are NEVER going to get, not to mention even taking a second look at them.

So sad really.

by Anonymousreply 204January 29, 2020 1:39 AM

Just LOLing at all these thirsty Queens lusting after guys they are NEVER going to get, not to mention even taking a second look at them.

So sad really.

by Anonymousreply 205January 29, 2020 1:39 AM

r204/205 is surely a jealous fug doubleposter who is projecting his own pathetic sadness onto others who simply have a normal and healthy appreciation for some hot athletes

What human being has never in their life been turned on by a hot celebrity, athlete or model?

by Anonymousreply 206January 29, 2020 2:56 AM

I'm remembering my college days long, long ago, discovering that there are gay/bi athletes. Imagine the shock when naive little moi learned that there were gay football players. Sigh. Oh, the stories I could tell....

by Anonymousreply 207January 29, 2020 8:36 AM

[quote] What part of "they're into pussy" don't you idiots understand?

The jury is still out about Sidney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 29, 2020 10:32 AM

[quote] Just LOLing at all these thirsty Queens lusting after guys they are NEVER going to get, not to mention even taking a second look at them.

Mantas Armalis @ R147 and R149 worked as a catwalk model so I bet he had lots of gay hands on him :).

And it's not necessary to "get" them - they're just free fap material like porn models.

by Anonymousreply 209January 29, 2020 10:45 AM

That article is from 14 years ago, r208.

by Anonymousreply 210January 29, 2020 10:46 AM

It didn't link any article, R210, I linked the photo.

by Anonymousreply 211January 29, 2020 10:52 AM

r211 The link you posted goes to a Queerty article from when Sid was 18. He's now 32.

by Anonymousreply 212January 29, 2020 10:55 AM

Maybe my standards are ridiculously high but none of these are guys are even cute. Many have this cold expression typical in sports that I don't like.

by Anonymousreply 213January 29, 2020 11:02 AM

these guys are*

by Anonymousreply 214January 29, 2020 11:03 AM

So, R212? Questions were asked about his sexuality when he was 18 and still continue when he's 32.

by Anonymousreply 215January 29, 2020 11:29 AM

OP's guy looks inbred and like he has a pig's nose.

by Anonymousreply 216January 29, 2020 12:51 PM

Others have mentioned Mathew Barzal of the Islanders above.

I just really noticed his appeal at All Star Weekend last week on tv, even taking screenshots while watching on my phone. He seems to have a nice personality in addition to sporting great looks. I think the team suspended him recently for a brief time, maybe poor play even though he made the All Star Game?

Isn't he one of the fastest skaters in the NHL? I'll surely be following him now on social media.

There have been rumors about Tyler Seguin of Dallas, mentioned earlier with a photo. He did an ESPN Body photo a few years ago, so yes he likes the limelight, as evidenced by his raising his jersey in pre-game warmups revealing his abs in that photo earlier.

I've read rumors of Seguin possibly being bi; I overheard passengers in my cab several years ago, after his partying days playing for the Boston Bruins, that they knew someone who was with Seguin in a MMF threesome. Who knows, but it's still fun to imagine.

Don't know how to post photos, but I also like Nico Hischier of the Devils, a young Swiss.

by Anonymousreply 217January 29, 2020 1:02 PM

Oh, I recall seeing cute Dustin Brown of the LA Kings caught naked in the locker room a decade ago on a post-game segment on local LA cable TV. I think he still plays for the Kings?. He had a bush then, maybe not now.

Can anybody post it for other pervs to enjoy?

by Anonymousreply 218January 29, 2020 1:07 PM

Link listed below R218. The dude's nice size flaccid, so dang...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 29, 2020 1:38 PM

Thank 219!

That was 2008 or so, so his bare chest is likely naturally smooth, unlike nowadays.

Dustin went on to win two Stanley Cups with the Kings, 2012 and 2014, and I recall seeing his two cute little boys drinking chocolate milk out of the Cup at a celebration party!

So I guess this public locker room "humiliation" years ago likely hasn't damaged him.

by Anonymousreply 220January 29, 2020 1:53 PM

I remember the kerfluffle about Eric Lindros’ sexuality because he and his manager were roommates and he was seldom linked with women in the press. Turned out to be a rumor spread by a teammate who was being cuckolded by Lindros and this guy’s wife. But now Eric is married and has a family. Not that this means anything but the rumors did pretty much die down after this.

by Anonymousreply 221January 29, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote]Just LOLing at all these thirsty Queens lusting after guys they are NEVER going to get, not to mention even taking a second look at them.

One of the stupidest AND bitchiest comments ever posted on DL. As if normal people assume they are going to have the opportunity to actually have sex with celebrities they lust over.

To the person who wrote this: You are a complete asshole, and likely a self-loathing homosexual as well. Please go to hell, or AT LEAST stop sharing your idiotic thoughts via the internet.

by Anonymousreply 222January 29, 2020 3:24 PM

As a NHL fan for years, certainly not all hockey players are hot or even good looking. But the ones who are are yummy! Other sports often seem to have as good or better looking athletes, I believe.

And to the poster earlier who said hockey players can't be hot because they have no teeth: on ice and and in interviews, almost all seem to have teeth, real or not. Occasionally some players are seen with missing teeth during games or in interviews, but don't most hockey fans here think that's uncommon?

by Anonymousreply 223January 30, 2020 1:45 AM

R222 is triggered. Either got bashed as a kid or got diddled by Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 224January 30, 2020 2:24 AM

Not triggered, dickwad. Just amazed at the stupidity of any asshole who makes fun of people for expressing interest in hot celebrities because, in his warped mind, that implies those people think they actually have a chance of having sex with those celebs. As if one thing has anything to do with the other.

by Anonymousreply 225January 30, 2020 2:40 AM

Pens defenceman Kris Letang, bonus French Canadian.

(Hopefully the link shows, previews seem to be iffy tonight).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 30, 2020 2:41 AM

Missing teeth are pretty common, but so are implants and bridges. My friend who played minor pro was missing his front teeth and had removable implants that he took out during games.

[quote] I had a weird crush on goaltender Jeremy Roenick growing up, but that had a lot to do with his wisecracking sense of humor.

Roenick played center. The goalie in the Nike commercial was ranting [italic]about[/italic] Roenick.

[quote] Donatella Versace commented: “Versace needs faces and bodies like Mantas, the strong gladiator-like build and muscular thighs”.

The company might have been able to find some modeling work for them, too.

Back in the 0s I thought Troy Mallette was the hottest NHL player.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227January 30, 2020 3:25 AM

Didn’t someone deliberately attempt to break Roenick’s jaw once, shortly before he retired?

by Anonymousreply 228January 31, 2020 12:42 PM

R203 yes it does, most certainly and rapidly

by Anonymousreply 229February 1, 2020 7:44 PM

[quote]I've read rumors of Seguin possibly being bi

I see this a lot here. “He might not be gay BUT he’s maybe at least bi…”

You sound so ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 230February 2, 2020 9:18 AM

Stupid lies

by Anonymousreply 231February 4, 2020 11:21 AM

Just heard there's a potential hockey stick shortage due to coronavirus. Most of them are made in China.

by Anonymousreply 232February 13, 2020 2:52 PM

They can play with their cocks.

by Anonymousreply 233February 13, 2020 2:55 PM

All these pics of young hot jocks make Mama’s mussy moist with excitement

by Anonymousreply 234February 13, 2020 3:00 PM

Same reason that straight guys think most females are hot.

by Anonymousreply 235February 22, 2020 12:32 AM

They are the normal guys of sports, yet put together well and people can relate to them compared to the generally gargantuan football players and insanely tall basketball players. They all are hot.

by Anonymousreply 236February 22, 2020 2:11 AM

Just watched a “”Locked Up Abroad” about a Canadian hockey player who almost went pro but got kicked off team for bad behavior. He was smuggling pot into the US (hard to believe it was all illegal just a few years ago) and got caught by US. (Side note: glad they finally did one on US to show IS prisons as being as horrific and violent as many third world prisons)

Anyway, the ex-hockey player/drug runner said there was one guard who “had it out for him”. Pulled him out of line one day, took him into a room and said “you’re hiding drugs”. Made him strip naked and then fingered him while he bent over for 5 minutes. The guard is probably a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 237February 22, 2020 2:35 AM

[quote] He was smuggling pot into the US (hard to believe it was all illegal just a few years ago)

Uh, it still is. Even in states where marijuana is legal, smuggling it into the country would still be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 238February 22, 2020 10:15 AM

R12 JJ definitely WAS looking pretty bad in all the pics he sat/posed for, but when he didn’t know cameras around and was smiling he’s pretty fucking HOT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 22, 2020 10:48 AM

But was he got r237

by Anonymousreply 240February 22, 2020 4:55 PM

That should read hot lol, damn autocorrect

by Anonymousreply 241February 22, 2020 4:56 PM

Modeling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 28, 2020 11:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!