Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan Markle is hunting for luxury real estate in Canada’s billionaire’s row

Meghan Markle is house-hunting in one of Canada’s most exclusive enclaves, eyeing a $27 million waterfront property in Vancouver, in yet another sign that she and Prince Harry are planning a permanent move away from Britain’s royals.

The Duchess of Sussex, who fled to Canada with 8-month-old Archie shortly after she and Prince Harry announced their split from the British royal family earlier this month, has been holed up on Vancouver Island in a lavish property owned by a Canadian billionaire while her husband deals with the fallout of their bombshell announcement in London.

Markle is reportedly interested in purchasing a sprawling 6,900-square-foot property in Vancouver’s Kitsilano neighborhood with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the Vancouver skyline, according to a report in the UK’s Sun newspaper. The 108-year-old mansion on four levels features six bedrooms and five bathrooms and 20-foot beach-side walls and tall hedges for privacy.

“Meghan has expressed an interest in this beautiful house,” a realtor told the newspaper last week. “It would be perfect for her, Harry and little Archie.

“The neighborhood is known as a haven for wealthy people and has a very laid-back atmosphere. I’m sure they would be very happy there, and they would be welcomed with open arms.”

The tony neighborhood, which features yoga on nearby Kitsilano Beach, is home to a group of moneyed entrepreneurs, including Canadian billionaire Chip Wilson who founded the Lululemon yoga wear empire, and whose mansion is worth more than $40 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 26, 2020 7:34 AM

And who is going to pay for that. Even Charles doesn't have that kind of dough.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote] eyeing a $27 million waterfront property in Vancouver

Harry's only worth about $60 million. If that merchandising plan fails they are fucked with those spending habits.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2020 2:29 PM

They totally deserve Vancouver.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2020 2:30 PM

Megs is even less interested in Canada than she is in Britain. Her laser focus is on LA. That's where SHE wants her multi-million dollar house and base. What Ginger wants is no longer part of her game plan.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2020 2:30 PM

Vancouver is an amazing city. R3

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2020 2:30 PM

You don't live there, do you, r5?

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2020 2:40 PM

Very dumb question: would they purchase a property for cash, or carry a mortgage like mere mortals?

I think she thinks that being owned by them would increase the property’s value upon quick resale.

What’s with Canada, anyway? Is there some tax advantage?

And there’s no way that house would be their main residence. She needs to be in a major city (I suppose one could count Toronto as a major city...).

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2020 2:41 PM

I thought their reported net worth was $30 million.

Meghan needs to think about financial diversification. She’d be better off with five six -million-dollar homes than she’ll be blowing her whole wad on one Neverland estate. When she and Harry split up, it’ll be to her benefit to have a McMansion to escape to.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2020 2:43 PM

“What’s with Canada, anyway? Is there some tax advantage?”

Canada gets them away from the British press but is still tied to the UK. Grandma will still be on their money, as they’re accustomed to, but they don’t have to be anywhere near her or the press. Many Canadians still gush over the royals in a way American people don’t. So it makes sense for them to go to Canada. They can still be treated like royalty there without being stalked by the media and with a little less resentment.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2020 2:46 PM

That area they're looking in has lots and lots of Asians.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2020 2:48 PM

Canadians are so fucking stupid they probably think he's going to be their new king. If Harry started a gofundme to pay for that house, Canadians would line up to donate.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2020 2:51 PM

Here are photos of the house.

It's hard to believe this is 21 million pounds, but that's Vancouver for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2020 2:56 PM

Ok, with these recent developments The Crown definitely needs to progress to present day, this is too rich not to put into the series.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2020 2:56 PM

So if it’s Vancouver with all the filming there she must plan to be going back to work and Harry becomes the house husband?

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2020 2:58 PM

I know someone who's a mover and shaker in the real estate world, word is they are building a palatial home in Ocean Shores Washington.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2020 3:01 PM

I misread the thread title as "Meghan Markle is hunting billionaires in Canada" and got excited before I realized this is just another boring Royals thread.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2020 3:01 PM

So with those huge water views - what's to prevent anybody from boating up out on the water and taking pictures?

But maybe that's the point.

As for the neighbors - I wonder how they might like the restrictions security will place on their lives?

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2020 3:02 PM

R17 I’m not sure about Canadian privacy laws but I believe in the US it’s illegal for anyone to sell, buy or publish photos of people inside of their homes, hotels, etc. This was referenced in the movie Bombshell when Megyn Kelly told her husband not to leave their hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2020 3:08 PM

R17, they’ll just require more of HM’s specialized secret service to patrol the water and make sure no one is allowed within a 200 mi perimeter.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2020 3:09 PM

This is all part of the queen’s grand plan...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2020 3:12 PM

I can't believe that all of you are falling for this bullshit story from the Sun. That's camilla parker bowles favorite paper. She has them on speed dial

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2020 3:12 PM

Vancouver is better than NYC. So how people are shitting on it makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2020 3:15 PM

Why do they want to live in Canada? I live here and despise it.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2020 3:18 PM

R21, I think it’s bullshit, too. It’s classic misdirection, the kind of cloak and dagger shit they enjoy. She also enjoys people talking about Meghan Markle on “Billionaire’s Row”, even if it’s not actually likely.

So does anyone know how they might purchase a property? Mortgage or cash outright?

I’m still cackling and crowing about Frogmore. Classic.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2020 3:21 PM

R23 They live in the UK and despise it. The grass is always greener.

Harry may be legitimately traumatized by the death of his mother and at this point, with a new child, could have legitimate fears that his wife could die while their children are young because of public harassment. I don’t follow the royal dramas but that seems like a realistic scenario to me.

Royal or not, famous or not, rich or not, if your depressed and anxious mother was killed while being chased by photographers while you were a child, that seems bound to leave a really traumatic imprint on a person.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2020 3:24 PM

R23 the grass is always greener.

I know Americans that wanna move to London, or Paris, or Montreal because they hate it here.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2020 3:26 PM

R22, I’ve never been to Vancouver, but I hear it’s very nice. I live in NYC and am glad they’ve never considered living here.

I suspect they’d prefer to be big fish in a small pond. Nobody here would bat an eyelash to see her pushing a stroller down the sidewalk. Don’t know firsthand how it is in LA, but I think it’s easier to be papped there.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2020 3:27 PM

Why not consider Vegas? Harry seems to be comfortable there. Meghan McCain could visit often and extoll the virtues of American exceptionalism while Harry jiggles his crown jewels around the billiards table!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2020 3:30 PM

Vancouver is great but it’s the most boring of the 3 main Canadian cities. If living a more quiet, lowkey life while still being in a major city is what you want, Vancouver is the city. If you want more wild nights and crazy times and over population, Toronto is the city. Montreal is the most beautiful of them and most expensive

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2020 3:30 PM

R29 They’ve got a kid and they’re pushing 40. They don’t want wild nights anymore. And if they do, they can fly to them. They don’t need to live among havoc and chaos.

I could be wrong, but I’ve always been under the impression that while most very wealthy Americans want to live in cities, most upper-class Brits regard living in the pastoral countryside to be characteristic of their lot in life.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2020 3:34 PM

Uh no, Montreal is the cheapest and by far -- by amazing leaps and bounds -- better than the other two, but it still sucks and you better learn French.

Toronto is a dystopian, radically overpriced, characterless hell-pit with no reason whatsoever to exist except as a place to dump immigrants.

Vancouver is a province of China. OK, not yet, but soon.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2020 3:35 PM

No one will know where they will settle yet. Just like we didn't know they were on Vancouver Island until later, we won't know if they're renting or buying any property until they're already moved.

I think B.C. is a temporary location while in the "period of transition". I think they're headed to the US but didn't want to antagonize the Queen, the British people and press any more than they have. Staying in a Commonwealth country is better optics right now but don't be fooled.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2020 3:37 PM

How can they afford this? Is daddy charles gonna have to buy this for them too? I think he had to borrow money from the Queen when he divorced Diana to pay her...

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2020 3:38 PM

R27 they want to court media and be papped. Meghan’s personal assistant emailed charities in Canada the past week out of the blue to arrange for Meghan to pop in for publicized visits. The charities themselves said that. It’s also apparent that Meghan and her team tipped off photographers to accompany her along, apparently Splash News people who collaborate with celebs like the Kartrashians to get “impromptu” shots.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2020 3:40 PM

R27 they want to court media and be papped. Meghan’s personal assistant emailed charities in Canada the past week out of the blue to arrange for Meghan to pop in for publicized visits. The charities themselves said that. It’s also apparent that Meghan and her team tipped off photographers to accompany her along, apparently Splash News people who collaborate with celebs like the Kartrashians to get “impromptu” shots.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2020 3:40 PM

Montreal is beautiful.

Toronto is far better than NYC. You must have never been r31. Everything you just said about Toronto can be said about NYC easily.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2020 3:46 PM

R35 - so she's as bad as her father for alerting the paps. The real question is: does she get paid?

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2020 3:47 PM

What r29 said. Vancouver is probably the most boring of the major Canadian cities. They are quickly going to realize it is no London or New York.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2020 3:48 PM

R38 which may be why they wanna live there.

No one as public as them wants to live in NYC, period. That’s the devils playground and they would never be able to live.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2020 3:50 PM

How far is Vancouver to the hot spots, cool restos and clubs?

You know Harry will be going there.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2020 3:51 PM

Harry's going to pack on the weight and end up looking like Henry VIII

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2020 3:55 PM

R11, Canadians are not stupid. No Canadians believe Prince Harry will be our king. I'm curious where / how you came to such a sweeping erroneous generalization.

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2020 3:55 PM

I have a feeling this is all leading up to a Shakespearean sized tragedy for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2020 3:55 PM

You seem the miss the point r39.

Right now they live in the London metro area, I am saying moving the Vancouver area would be a shift for them.

Greater Toronto or Montreal would offer more culture and sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2020 3:55 PM

Toronto is no better than London or NYC. Have you been r44?

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2020 3:58 PM

I hope Sparkle likes cold rain. Because she's gonna get it 9 months out of the year.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2020 4:01 PM

Sparkles will divorce him in years to come after Harry goes broke trying to fund her lifestyle without the support of his family. He will have no option but to return to the Royal Family and he'll live out his days as a heartbroken recluse at Balmoral or Sandringham, never seen. Or he'll shoot himself and be buried with his mother.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2020 4:01 PM

But neither is cultured nor sophisticated. Harry won't be happy anywhere because he isn't a happy person. He has isolated himself from his friends and now will be further away from his family and those he know...he's moving to a place he doesn't know.

He is gonna be bored out of his skull. He will be fucking whores in no time...

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2020 4:02 PM

They've had a lot of snow this year in the Vancouver area. Everything shut down last week.

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2020 4:03 PM

I agree with comments posted by R4 and R8. The move to Vancouver, British Columbia is a good step for her on her transition to Hollywood. She's certainly come a long way from holding suitcase # 24.

There seem to be lots of posts that assume she'll be leaving him, so maybe whatever place Harry and Meghan purchase will ultimately be hers and Archie's after the separation.

There's a good exchange rate from USD to Canadian Dollars now.

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2020 4:07 PM

There's a reason the city's nickname is Hongcouver.

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2020 4:07 PM

NYC is sophisticated and cultured in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2020 4:09 PM

Harry, I can't wait to be Queen of Canada!

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2020 4:11 PM

I hope they name the house “Buckingham West“ as a “Fuck You!”

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2020 4:11 PM

Which Russian Oligarch or ME Royal is going to buy this for them?

I doubt Charles would pay for a $30 million home and Harry would wipe himself out financially to pay for it. As for whatever financial institution gives these two unemployed people a mortgage, they deserve to be left holding the bag when it goes into foreclosure.

by Anonymousreply 55January 18, 2020 4:12 PM

What Hollywood career is she going to have? She's pushing 40, (too old for movies) and Tracee Ross has the biracial sitcom mom roles already sewn up. Maybe she could be a "doctor" or "lawyer" in a Shonda Rimes ensemble series, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 56January 18, 2020 4:13 PM

To the posters claiming Canadian cities lack "culture" and sophistication, NYC no longer has either. Do not get me started on what white TRANSPLANTS have done to NYC. They are Culture Murderers.

by Anonymousreply 57January 18, 2020 4:13 PM

How are they gonna qualify for mortgage? they don't have jobs!

by Anonymousreply 58January 18, 2020 4:18 PM

What's a bet they have a reality show ala Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Oprah will produce it for OWN.

by Anonymousreply 59January 18, 2020 4:18 PM

And the place they are staying in is owned by a shady Russian who is Putin's buddy.

by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2020 4:18 PM

She has to live in Canada because it's part of the Commonwealth. It would be highly inappropriate to live in America as a royal. In the Commonwealth, where the Queen is printed on the money, that makes more sense. Meghan used to live in Toronto for several years while she filmed Suits

...which is weird because she's not in Toronto now. So did she have nothing to return to in Toronto after all those years? No friends? Toronto is a wonderfully diverse city, but Vancouver is literally about half Asian and not as diverse. It is closer to California and far the fuck from England, if that's what she was going for.

I hope she and Harry enjoy the outdoor life because there's not a lot of big premieres happening. I give it a few more years, after the baby love phase wears off and then they will see their lives are too different and divorce. I imagine Harry will want to delay it as much as possible to avoid hurting Archie and having a very young child in a split household.

by Anonymousreply 61January 18, 2020 4:20 PM

If you need a laugh today, here's a great headline for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 18, 2020 4:20 PM

I just keep finding them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2020 4:22 PM

How many hrs is Vancouver from LA? She will be making a lot of trips!

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2020 4:23 PM

r61 because they would have to deal with people hounding them in Toronto. Vancouver is more isolated.

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2020 4:23 PM

It's about a 3 hrs flight between LA and Vancouver r64.

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote]a $27 million waterfront property in Vancouver,

That’s how I roll, BITCHES

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2020 4:26 PM

So they are basically the Edward and Wallis of the 21st Century?

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2020 4:31 PM

Vancouver and Toronto are major filming locations in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2020 4:32 PM

Well Edward was a former King, Harry is just the spare.

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2020 4:35 PM

In fact, Vancouver is the second largest filming center in North America.

by Anonymousreply 71January 18, 2020 4:39 PM

They’ve become unlikeable very fast.

by Anonymousreply 72January 18, 2020 4:41 PM

That's BS R71

by Anonymousreply 73January 18, 2020 4:41 PM

Nope, it's true, r73.

by Anonymousreply 74January 18, 2020 4:43 PM

That must be one tight pu$$y.

by Anonymousreply 75January 18, 2020 4:44 PM

Ontario ranks as the largest film and television production centre in Canada, and third overall in North America behind California and New York.

by Anonymousreply 76January 18, 2020 4:46 PM

Well they certainly had better do something to start earning a hefty income because if they want to live in $27 million houses they certainly won't be able to be layabouts or they'll be poor as church mice before long. Harry may be rich (some way net worth of $40 million), but he's not that rich. Its not a smart move IMO to buy a house that's worth 3/4 of your net worth.

by Anonymousreply 77January 18, 2020 4:47 PM

She's going to bleed him dry.

by Anonymousreply 78January 18, 2020 4:48 PM

I just can't see her returning to acting in Vancouver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 18, 2020 4:48 PM

Maybe when she's older though. Like Candace Cameron and Aunt Becky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 18, 2020 4:51 PM

QUESTIONS:

1. How long will it be before Meghan files for divorce? 2. What will be the reasons Meghan files for divorce?

by Anonymousreply 81January 18, 2020 4:54 PM

Anyone who uses wiki a proof of anything is an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 18, 2020 4:56 PM

Who the fuck are you? You're a shitty magazine.

I am wiki! The king of the internet!

by Anonymousreply 83January 18, 2020 4:58 PM

I'm still curious how they plan to monetize themselves. Will they become influencers, pushing Vitamin Water, etc., on insta? Or will they license "SussexRoyal" for sheets and towels and panty liners? I can't imagine anyone paying them on the lecture circuit. Hiring her to act would be an insurance nightmare, and he has no practical skills that I'm aware of.

I guess their move to Canada is part of a nefarious plot to replace cuntastic Debbie Matenopolis and white-bread whipping boy Cameron Mathison as hosts of Hallmark's Home & Family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 18, 2020 5:13 PM

I agree R84 neither of them have any discernible skills that make them stand out. Megan is a third rate actor and Harry doesn't have any useful skills or training for the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 85January 18, 2020 5:20 PM

I'm not in the film industry but living in Vancouver and now in Victoria and working in an industry-adjacent job, I've known a lot of crew, admin and also some actors in the local biz, and I'm pretty sure that "second biggest" thing is either bullshit, or being second biggest just doesn't mean much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 86January 18, 2020 5:58 PM

This is a made up story from the DM. M and H can't afford those prices. Secondly they need to get to LA rapido and start capitalizing on their celebrity while there is time to make money off of it.

It's my understanding that Vancouver is dominated by wealthy Chinese nationals and outdoorsy, Patagonia-swathed, kayak-carrying folks. Not a good place to set up shop.

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2020 6:03 PM

Vancouver's awful. Anyone who says otherwise is worth north of $50 million, visited it for a week or so as a tourist, or was born there and is still clinging to fond memories of the good old days. I have to go to Vancouver on business next weekend and I'm dreading it. I couldn't GTFO and move to Victoria fast enough. But now Victoria is becoming Mini-Vancouver. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2020 6:07 PM

What is so bad r88?

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2020 6:15 PM

Actually, r61, having members of the British royal family living in Canada could be a problem as only the monarch is officially recognised in Canada and the balance between having a British monarch as head of state and Canadian parliamentary democracy and Canadian independence is maintained by the royals not interfering too much in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2020 6:15 PM

R90 - Problem solved! Henry and Meghan are no longer royal, so those concerns are now irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2020 6:17 PM

[quote] Canadians are so fucking stupid they probably think he's going to be their new king. If Harry started a gofundme to pay for that house, Canadians would line up to donate.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, R11. At first it seemed kind of cool that they might decide to move here, but now NO ONE wants them here grifting. If they want to come, fine, but they'd better pay for everything on their own with NO help from Canadian taxpayers. Some people (a growing group) don't want them here at all.

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2020 6:43 PM

Justin already said Canadian Taxpayers will pay for their Security.

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2020 6:47 PM

But who will pay for the insecurity?

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2020 7:19 PM

Justin is not the entire Canadian government, r93.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2020 8:28 PM

How dare you, Justin is the Canadian Messiah. He isn't just the government, he is *Canada*.

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2020 8:34 PM

This chick will run through Harry’s dough in 2 years..damn and just a few years ago she was living on a 500k perhaps less, annual salary on suits. She adapted to the high life real quick.

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2020 8:35 PM

He is the ass of Canada.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2020 8:35 PM

I, too, can look at properties I can’t really afford, and have no intention of purchasing.

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2020 9:18 PM

They will be in LA by fall. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2020 9:28 PM

This article says they've offered to repay all the taxpayer money spent on the renovation of Frogmore Cottage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2020 9:29 PM

R101 yes they are paying back $3 million pounds

by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2020 9:30 PM

[Quote]This is a made up story from the DM. M and H can't afford those prices.

Exactly. This is a planted story by a resourceful RE agent who needs to gin up interest in this house. For that price, they need better furniture. That kitchen is very basic too.

by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2020 9:55 PM

R101, yes. And there’s this bridge for sale in Brooklyn. No, really.

by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2020 10:03 PM

I hope you’re right, R100.

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2020 10:24 PM

Who would chose anywhere in Canada over LA...sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2020 11:02 PM

No one, R106. They're probably only going there temporarily so they (Harry) can grift off the taxpayers since it's a Commonwealth country. They'll be down in California soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2020 11:05 PM

Okay, now I am actually starting to turn on Meghan Markle.

I think you bitches might have actually been right about her after all.

by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2020 11:10 PM

Some of you NEED HELP.

by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2020 11:17 PM

I think the whole Canada thing is a ruse until things blow over. No way are they settling in Canada, CA is their ultimate destination. Even the statements make it obvious when North America is used and also the word a period of transition. I remember an interview with Harry saying America wasn't his thing because it was too big. Should be interesting when he starts living here.

by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2020 11:26 PM

Canada is great. What is up with the hate?

by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2020 11:47 PM

Harry and Meghan aren't Syrian refugees, R111. I'm Canadian and even I can recognize that no one with better options would choose to live here. Where are all those American celebs who said they'd move here because of Trump?? They never came because there's no way they'd leave California for anywhere in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 112January 18, 2020 11:53 PM

You aren’t Canadian. Toronto is an amazing city. Montreal also. If you were Canadian you would know they’re both tourist traps and cities people, including Americans, frequent.

And some Americans move there.

by Anonymousreply 113January 19, 2020 12:09 AM

I am Canadian, R113. Toronto is only okay, nothing compared to NYC. Montreal is amazing, R113, but it's not LA. You wait and see, Vancouver is a stepping stone. They'll end up in LA. No one rich moves here aside from the Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 114January 19, 2020 12:15 AM

I would guess they will raise Archie in Canada--it is generally less racist than the US.

I would MUCH rather live in Vancouver or Toronto than in LA. I cannot stand LA.

by Anonymousreply 115January 19, 2020 12:20 AM

It's still pretty racist, R115. People are freaking out over the fact that the PM gave money to the victims' of the Iranian plane crash families, yet they had no problem donating over 15m to the families of a bunch of dead hockey players from Saskatchewan.

by Anonymousreply 116January 19, 2020 12:26 AM

Well, the state of California has more people than all of Canada. It is the world's 5th largest economy (Canada is 10). It has beautiful (and warm) beaches, mountains, and deserts. California is extremely diverse - whites are a minority here. The state is one of the world's leading centers of science, creativity, art and tech. And so on.

by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2020 1:13 AM

The Canadian taxpayer didn’t give $15 million to the Humboldt victims. That was raised on gofundme.

by Anonymousreply 118January 19, 2020 1:15 AM

Yes I know, R118, but people had no problem with helping out some uneducated white trash hockey players is my point. Brown victims, not so much. The Iranian plane crash victims GoFundMe has barely raised 60k, same for the victims of the Toronto van attack. Plus, the Humbolt victims cost the taxpayers plenty because the survivors all benefited from universal healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2020 1:22 AM

r114 Montreal is OK, but what makes it good is fading fast, like NYC. Toronto is and has always been a totally miserable place, I did graduate work at U Toronto, lived in Montreal for almost 5 years, and went to boarding school in Vancouver, so yes, I know what I'm talking about. Vancouver was great through to about 2005, now what character it had is dead and it's not an exaggeration to say it feels as much Chinese as Canadian now, and not in a good way. Canada basically sucks and I'm looking at buying property in the US and moving there with an eye on eventually getting residency, only reason I haven't done it yet is that being self-employed makes getting residency/citizenship much harder than if you are sponsored by an employer.

by Anonymousreply 120January 19, 2020 1:25 AM

My prediction: there will be a second child once the couple settled down in Canada.

I expect they will have a quiet life for two years after the second child's birth.

Meghan might mention in passing once or twice over the next two years how much she misses acting and having her own career. Then one day Meghan will get up early, take the car, file for divorce, suddenly and quickly she'll take the children to the U.S., citing 'irreconcilable differences'. Maybe Meghan will want to be free, maybe she'll say it's time to get back to her glorious career and that she's creatively unfulfilled in her situation. It's time to move on. She still loves Harry, but because of who he is and his heritage, it's just not working for her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2020 1:31 AM

It's hilarious the way the Klanners believe every single story about Meghan they see in the UK red tops. They think she threw tea in the face of a staff member, screamed at the queen because she wouldn't let her wear an emerald tiara and all kinds of basic shit they've read online. This is yet another. Markle isn't a billionaire so she's not gone near these properties as a buyer.

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2020 1:34 AM

Geez, you're such a dick, R119.

by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2020 1:35 AM

R15 OCEAN SHORES?!?!?

Oh, my sides!!!

Are you from the PNW ?

Are you being "funny"?

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2020 1:40 AM

1) Vancouver real estate is ridiculously over inflated thanks to the Chinese/Asians buying everything. Shitty little houses go for millions.

2) They can't afford a $27m house. Even if they have a worth of $60million (I bet they don't have that much) you don't spend half of your worth to buy some overpriced shit house.

3) I think they officially have to call Canada their main North American home because it's Commonwealth. He's a UK citizen and can live in a Commonwealth country; it would be far more complicated for him to set up residency in the US. Obviously, it could be done but...there could be legal and tax issues not worth dealing with....since inevitably, after the divorce, he'll go back to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2020 1:44 AM

r119 it's very simple. We don't give as fuck about a bunch of "brown" Canadians-of-convenience who thought traveling to Iran was a good idea and found out the hardest possible way that they were wrong. And we never will. Does that help, to have someone confirm your stupid little suspicions, that we prefer a bunch of Canadian white boy hockey players we can actually relate to, over a bunch of Iranian academics holding the easiest-to-obtain passports in the West? There, now. Go take a fucking nap.

by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote] He's a UK citizen and can live in a Commonwealth country;

No he can't, R125. It's been in the news over and over again about how he has no standing here. He can't just move or immigrate here. He can stay for up to six months, and that's it.

You can relate to a bunch of homophobic, racist hockey players from small town, ultra conservative Saskatchewan, R126? I sure can't. Those Canadians who died in that plane crash contributed more to this country and to the world than any hockey player ever has and ever will.

by Anonymousreply 127January 19, 2020 1:50 AM

No football and hockey players contribute far more to the world than most people. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 128January 19, 2020 1:59 AM

H and M are staying in Canada while Harry waits to receive his spousal visa to live in the US, obviously. They have already filed for it, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 129January 19, 2020 2:05 AM

Harry has borderline, like his mother. He's not too bright, like his mother. Probably some form of PTSD thrown in too, from his mother.

by Anonymousreply 130January 19, 2020 2:09 AM

The less Americans know about Canada the better.

Bad things happen to the citizens of countries that the US takes an interest in.

by Anonymousreply 131January 19, 2020 2:17 AM

Harry was so traumatized by his mother's and father's behavior at such a young age he will never be happy anywhere with anyone. Meghan gets bored very easily and is always looking for the next deal or venture. When she starts making him even more miserable with her impatient grasping ways he'll return to his family and wish he had never been born.

by Anonymousreply 132January 19, 2020 2:20 AM

future happiness awaits them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 19, 2020 2:28 AM

Simpson kept David from continuing as king so they had to stay together. It would have been far worse for her at that time to divorce him. She would have been a pariah even in her beloved café society. We don't have the same social constraints and Meghan married a prince not a king. Wallis and Edward were very very trapped. Megs will be onto her next pursuit well before she starts turning to sad plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 134January 19, 2020 2:53 AM

r127 read back what you wrote there. You are as disgusting a bigot as you accuse those players of being, on no grounds whatsoever other than some idiotic stereotype about small town white Canadians. The difference is, your openly hateful opinions are actually, verifiably REAL. There is no creature lower than a hypocrite liberal, a smirking piece of shit using bigotry to preach against bigotry. The contempt I feel for people like that is stronger than the contempt I feel for Trumpists, who in general are at least honest with themselves and others re: what they're about.

by Anonymousreply 135January 19, 2020 3:00 AM

Get over yourself, R135. Those hockey players from small town Canada would think nothing of making your life hell just because you're gay.

After the Humbolt tragedy, I followed a few of them and their surviving famlies on social media because I was interested in the story and wanted the best for them. They are, for the most part, conservatives, openly homophobic and racist. You should have seen their feeds leading up to the last election. I'm more than familiar with conservatives from Saskatchewan and Alberta, they are every bit as bad as Trumpists, ask any Indigenous person who lives small town Saskatchewan or Alberta.

The accident doesn't make them saints. One of the families is boycotting CTV all because someone from the network talked about toxic hockey culture. These types do not support gay rights or rights for women and they deserve to be called out on it. The F word is still a joke to these people and they are disgusting in their willful ignorance. These are a group of people who support shit like wexit and the Yellow Vest movement, they are homophobic and racist bullies.

The fact is that many, many Canadians are racist and opened up their wallets to these small town hockey players and are balking about support given to the victims of the plane crash. It's racism, plain and simple and I stand by my post.

by Anonymousreply 136January 19, 2020 3:20 AM

I know two of the families who lost boys from the Humboldt team. Your characterization could not be further from the truth r136. So you can just fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 137January 19, 2020 4:14 AM

It's not a characterization, R137, it's exactly how most small-town Canadians are, especially in the west. I challenge you to move to rural Saskatchewan and find out for yourself. If you've never had to live there, consider yourself blessed. Absolutely horrible and ignorant people. If you know a couple of good families from there, then I'm sure they could tell you about the mentality of people Alberta and Saskatchewan.

by Anonymousreply 138January 19, 2020 4:25 AM

I bet when George rebels at 18 and runs away he will flee to Canada and stay with Aunty Megs and Uncle Harry. A world crisis with ensue.

by Anonymousreply 139January 19, 2020 4:37 AM

The conservatives got nearly 80% of the vote in Humboldt's riding back in October's election. It's pretty clear that they don't like Justin and the liberals there. Even the NDP got more votes.

by Anonymousreply 140January 19, 2020 4:38 AM

They have already written a book about George’s future rule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 19, 2020 4:39 AM

They'd never vote Liberal no matter who the leader is, R140. Not all of the players were actually from Humboldt, but most were from rural Alberta and Saskatchewan.

That Straz kid's family is complete trash, especially the father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 19, 2020 4:50 AM

They'd never vote Liberal no matter who the leader is, R140. Not all of the players were actually from Humboldt, but most were from rural Alberta and Saskatchewan.

That Straz kid's family is complete trash, especially the father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 19, 2020 4:50 AM

I bet when George rebels at 18 and runs away he will flee to Canada and stay with Aunty Megs and Uncle Harry. A world crisis with ensue.

And Meghan will help him transition

by Anonymousreply 144January 19, 2020 5:07 AM

My parents both grew up in rural Alberta. I have relatives still living in rural regions. They are not racists, far from it.

I also live within 45 minutes of small Alberta towns, and within an hour of numerous reserves. Your characterization is a gross simplification.

by Anonymousreply 145January 19, 2020 5:53 AM

Why is there a boring fight over some dreary crisis in Canada derailing a thread about our beloved Meghan?!?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 146January 19, 2020 6:49 AM

A bit off-topic from OP's post, but what I find questionable is the timing. Prince Philip's best years are far behind him, and the Queen has indicated she will abdicate the throne to Charles. So rather than stepping down from Royal duties and remaining at Frogmore (which they are paying for regardless) for the time being, they've moved overseas, where the BRF will have little to no contact with Archie.

There's a version of Stockholm syndrome in here somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 147January 19, 2020 10:33 AM

When’s the last time Harry laid eyes on his son?

by Anonymousreply 148January 19, 2020 10:40 AM

R147, you mean MM is holding Archie hostage? Yeah, she is. And the implication is that the BRF is racist and toxic and Meghan is keeping him away from all that.

The implication is that the BRF cares. They’ve only met him once or twice, and he’s not close to becoming King. They probably think it’s a shame, but they know they’re never seeing that child again.

We had a similar rift in my family. It’s nothing less than tragic for the children.

by Anonymousreply 149January 19, 2020 11:15 AM

Personally if I had a child I would want to keep them as far away from grandma Camila as I could. In the olden days she would have been the model for the wicked stepmother warts and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 19, 2020 12:16 PM

They'll be divorced within a year or two. Meghan will find herself dragged down by Harry so she'll take half his money(his father will simply replenish it when his son comes back)and with her new prestige attempt to go back to acting. Find herself an important producer to marry and remain in Southern Cal. She'll allow the children to remain with the father so they don't put a crimp in LA work and partying. She did her bit so it's time for being a star again where it matters and having some fun.

by Anonymousreply 151January 19, 2020 12:20 PM

R151, Agreed except for the fact that "Archie" doesn't exist. Soon to be revealed, baby "Archie" was a newborn made doll named "Darren." The baby son of the "Royal" couple's friends were used in photos on their South African tour.

Christmastime they used the baby daughter of Meghan's Turkish girlfriend from her Suits days in a photoshopped picture of Archie. Yes the backdrop of the lake is in Turkey and the baby is clearly a girl. Again there is no actual baby "Archie."

by Anonymousreply 152January 19, 2020 3:54 PM

This is Vancouver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 19, 2020 3:57 PM

R117, from Wikipedia, according to the United States Census Bureau from 2016, 72.7% of Californians identify as White. This is why it’s still a leader in tech, science and creativity although I’ve been hearing that more and more Whites are leaving the state.

by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2020 4:00 PM

I bet Charles will buy it for them out of his capital.

by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote] [R147], you mean MM is holding Archie hostage? Yeah, she is.

A problem easily solved!

by Anonymousreply 156January 19, 2020 4:10 PM

I hope R152 is being factious, otherwise they're completely bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 157January 19, 2020 4:25 PM

r136 you are just fucking gross and probably too far up your own ass and bigoted to see the harm you do to the cause you pretend to stand for by taking a stance like that. Vile piece of shit racist trash.

by Anonymousreply 158January 19, 2020 4:29 PM

She's almost 40! She's crazy if she thinks she's going to be the next Meryl or Angelina, when she was only ever a C-list TV actress in her past life.

She should've just done what Grace Kelly did - move permanently to Europe, pop out a bunch of kids, act regal and get fat!

by Anonymousreply 159January 19, 2020 4:30 PM

"" Wikipedia, according to the United States Census Bureau from 2016, 72.7% of Californians identify as White. This is why it’s still a leader in tech, science and creativity although I’ve been hearing that more and more Whites are leaving the

R154 in 2014 those identifying as Latino became the dominant ethnic group in California and comprise 47 % of the state's population

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 19, 2020 4:32 PM

Oh yes, R158, white hockey players from small towns in the west are so discriminated against.

by Anonymousreply 161January 19, 2020 4:34 PM

That's misleading, R160. Per that, people like Christina Aguilera and Raquel Welch are counted as "non-white".

by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2020 4:39 PM

R162 Unlike Nazi Germany, in the US one has the right to chose what ethnicity group one identifies with. 47 % of Californians identify as Latino, and they may also identify as Afro-Latino or Indigenous, for example.

First and foremost, is that Latinos in the US are undercounted in the census, due to immigration persecution fears.

Secondly, Latinos have had to select white/Latino due to the lack of choices on the census.

Attached is an interesting discussion of the complexity of identifying as Hispanic and Latino in the US.

Finally, if you were to visit any large city in CA (with the exception of San Francisco, where minority groups have left in large numbers due to gentrification) you will hear just as much Spanish as English. In order to gain admittance to a UC Medical School 20 years ago, I had to demonstrate 2 years of undergraduate Spanish studies or fluency in the language. While a medical student, about half of my patients were primarily Spanish speakers.

by Anonymousreply 163January 19, 2020 5:37 PM

R160, the 72.7% white includes Hispanic whites. Latino is not a race, dear.

by Anonymousreply 164January 19, 2020 6:01 PM

R164 You are showing a misunderstanding of what the labels Hispanic and Latino mean to those who identify as either/both. Please read up and educate yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 19, 2020 6:25 PM

I agree with others that the marriage won't last, I give it 3-5 years and at least one more kid. Megan will keep the kids since she would get a larger divorce settlement and the Royal family wouldn't want them around the palace. She will blame Harry for her stalled career not her lack of acting skills and her age.

by Anonymousreply 166January 19, 2020 9:06 PM

R166, Re all of the posts of Meghan lacking the acting skills to be a movie star, I thought she wanted her own health-oriented talk show. Or a reality TV show variation of the "Housewives" series. Or perhaps multiple commercial endorsements.

by Anonymousreply 167January 19, 2020 9:10 PM

R152 is one of those crazy Skippies! Archie was a newborn doll lmfao!

by Anonymousreply 168January 19, 2020 11:39 PM

Bullshit on these idiotic claims Meghan will one day flee with the kids back to the US. Unless Harry turns into a demon and starts abusing her she ain't going nowhere. Trust me, once they get settled in Canada they will both get book deals worth tens of millions of dollars, and big money concerns in Canada and the US will be clamoring to get them involved for huge paydays. I can easily see them being worth hundreds of millions of dollars within the next 5 years. Nope, Megs ain't going nofuckinwhere!

by Anonymousreply 169January 19, 2020 11:56 PM

I also believe a move to Canada is just a precursor to an ultimate move to southern California.

by Anonymousreply 170January 19, 2020 11:58 PM

now we know who Harry's real father is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 20, 2020 2:50 AM

Meghan’s sexy AF in that photo where she’s doing mat Pilates with her instructor at R12’s link. That look in her eye is... interesting.

Harry scored. He got the girl, a son, and gets to walk away from all of the BS and drama involving his deeply dysfunctional family.

Good for him! His poor brother must be seething with rage. Imagine being burdened by a crown you never asked to wear in the first place? People have literally died over this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 172January 20, 2020 5:18 AM

R169 folks will get tired of them quickly - and if they can't deliver an audience, they won't be around long. The aura of Royalty around them is what makes them attractive and wanted by people and companies.

Without that - not so much.

They will be century's Eddie Fisher & Sybil Burton.

by Anonymousreply 173January 20, 2020 3:37 PM

When Megan realizes that Harrys high profile which gains access to the powerful in the movie biz won't open doors for her or help her career she will leave him.

by Anonymousreply 174January 20, 2020 5:01 PM

R174, What's the truth behind the gossip that Prince Harry begged or made an agreement/exchange of favors with the head of Disney to win Meghan a voice-over role in a Disney film?

by Anonymousreply 175January 20, 2020 8:17 PM

'The aura of Royalty around them is what makes them attractive and wanted by people and companies.'

That will only increase when Harry's father become king of England. Charles only has two sons!

by Anonymousreply 176January 20, 2020 11:09 PM

R176 Harry will probably be single by then.

by Anonymousreply 177January 21, 2020 2:33 AM

She’s not staying in Canada. Neither one of them is a citizen. What kind of visa are they going to get? Oh, never mind. I’m sure Mr. Blackface will arrange something for them. Isn’t Canada welcoming immigrants fleeing racial persecution?

The story is: She worked in Canada for seven years, so she has lots of friends there. That’s why her Arbonne-tote-bag Pilates instructor friend flew in from Texas, right?

by Anonymousreply 178January 21, 2020 3:01 AM

For those of us who had Meghan pegged from the start? Did you think this would come about this soon? We know she is going to go to the Oscars and Harry will probably embarrass himself trying to get her some work. In the short term, I fully expect her to rake it in but at this rate I don't think public interest will last for another 12 months

by Anonymousreply 179January 21, 2020 3:13 AM

R179, I didn’t think it would get so drastic so quickly. It’s all happening at warp speed.

I can’t think ahead as to how long it’ll last, but I’ll enjoy every moment of delicious drama. You know she’s gonna bring it!

by Anonymousreply 180January 21, 2020 3:23 AM

Canadians can stay only so long in the US. then have to go back, but is she or Harry Canadian? How does that work? Either way, it's just a rest-stop to LA by September for charity functions, the beach, meetings to beg for work with Disney, talks with Apple TV about new show possibilities, branding, and getting low wage child care.

by Anonymousreply 181January 21, 2020 3:45 AM

Harry will never be able to adjust to non-Royal life, especially being so far removed from it. All of this has happened so quickly since the start of their relationship, it almost defies description. They haven't invested enough time to truly know each other, and she has already rejected the life he was born to. She's well versed in the history of Diana, and that divorcing a Royal is not the end of the road. He'll be back in England within 2 years. I have no doubt Meghan will have a fabulous life as the invited guest of celebrities and dignitaries, but I can't imagine someone with her limited scope making a significant cultural impact.

by Anonymousreply 182January 22, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote]Meghan will have a fabulous life as the invited guest of celebrities and dignitaries, but I can't imagine someone with her limited scope making a significant cultural impact.

I think the second part of your sentence is accurate, she has becoming famous as Harrys wife, not for her personality or charm. When the separate/divorce she will be forgotten and become a footnote in the history of the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 183January 22, 2020 3:44 PM

“What are they gonna do? DEPORT me? HAHAHAHAHAHHA”

by Anonymousreply 184January 23, 2020 12:36 PM

'Either way, it's just a rest-stop to LA by September for charity functions, the beach, '

The beach is horrible in LA. Cold sea all year round. They'll get a place in the Caribbean or hire a private Maldives island for that.

by Anonymousreply 185January 24, 2020 12:53 AM

R185, your comment pops up for a split second and then disappears. I think these pages are being throttled.

by Anonymousreply 186January 24, 2020 12:54 PM

Losing his mother when young aside, I think Harry's a dickhead. Immature, arrogant, entitled dumb douchebro. And ugly. Poor backside hygiene I imagine. Balding pate, albino skin and red pubes, ick.

by Anonymousreply 187January 26, 2020 7:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!