Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melissa Joan Hart

The new season of The New Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is starting so and it made me wonder what became of TV's first Sabrina.

She starred in a TV show I never heard of with Joey Lawrence, opened a candy shop (and was sued a former employee alleging wrongful termination and racial discrimination!) that subsequently closed, and is a Gary Johnson supporter!

by Anonymousreply 59November 8, 2020 11:19 AM

She always reminded me of the girl in this scene:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 17, 2020 6:49 PM

I’m still trying to forgive her for DIRTBAGS. I was in it, and yet I still personally thanked God when I got up here for making sure it didn’t get picked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 6:25 PM

She lives alone with the black cat.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 6:43 PM

Isn't she another Republicunt?

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 6:44 PM

R4 She's moderate. She's very gay friendly as well.

It's baffling as to why she doesn't have a bigger career. She's incredibly talented, and a great comedienne.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 12:59 AM

[Quote] and it made me wonder what became of TV's first Sabrina.

Or to some she's better known as Clarissa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 5:41 AM

She's been in some TV Christmas movies. Holiday in Hancuffs is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 6:09 AM

Jeez - Balthazar Getty was in the shit show Dirtbags, too.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 6:29 AM

She starred in a Christian fundie movie.

That's why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 6:58 AM

Whyever did she need three names? And what happened to her friendship with Britney? Doesn’t her Momager care?

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2020 9:04 AM

R10 because it was the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2020 9:18 AM

Who is Joey Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2020 10:59 AM

She directed a 3rd season episode of "So Weird"

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2020 11:22 AM

She was a kid star. They only very rarely become successful performers in adulthood, partly because they're different skill sets. (Partly because many cute kids grow up to be plain-to-fug.)

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2020 11:27 AM

She showed up to this anti-drug event with her boyfriend (?), both stoned out of their minds, giggling uncontrollably and reeking of weed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 11:34 AM

I can smell the weed just looking at that picture.

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2020 11:36 AM

R16 At least she was sober enough to remember how to stand like a Barbie in a box! What kind of weirdness is going on with her arms and hands?

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2020 11:39 AM

I'm probably one of the few who likes Drive Me Crazy. Apparently Melissa was upset about Adrian Grenier being cast as her love interest and wanted Elijah Wood to play Chase instead lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 12:12 PM

She's fervently anti-choice. That is what is at the heart of any conservative leanings she has.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 12:51 PM

I think she’s a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2020 4:10 PM

Is she Buffy, the Cuntpire?

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2020 5:04 PM

Grew up with Clarissa and Sabrina. I always thought Clarissa was a good role model for young girls. I always thought she would've grown up to play the same type of roles as Julia Stiles did but instead did teenybopper stuff like Drive Me Crazy which seemed strange at the time.

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2020 5:08 PM

I remember back in the late 90s she was on LOVELINE like three or four times, for some weird reason that was never explained.

Her best appearance imo was when she sat in with Drew & Adam for a full show, alongside her ABC roster-mate and fellow comedic teen actor Mike Damus (best known for TEEN ANGEL costarring DL faves Maureen McCormick & Jordan Brower plus earnest Mormon cutie Corbin Allred). Melissa talked a lot about co-founding some kind of motivational-speaking program with her Mom intended to dissuade teens from using substances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2020 6:40 PM

The first time I ever heard of The Vagina Monologues was because Melissa was performing it.

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2020 6:45 PM

[Quote] Melissa talked a lot about co-founding some kind of motivational-speaking program with her Mom intended to dissuade teens from using substances.

She should've done an edgy PSA instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2020 10:18 AM

I remember she tried to Kickstart a romcom, and in the comments to this story someone accuses her mom of destroying her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2020 1:57 PM

I just felt kind of bad for her. She was pretty young when she admitted in an interview that she got tired from having to work all the time and go to school too. She was supporting her whole family and her mom kept having babies. I think there are 7 kids in all or something.

by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2020 3:06 PM

Is she as homophobic as Kevin Hart, Ellen’s favorite homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2020 3:23 PM

She'll probably do more Christian movies over the next decade.

by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2020 3:27 PM

Those movies are why Ricky Schroder drinks.

by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2020 3:29 PM

OP, where have you been? Her hot-to-death hubby has been the subject of many Datalounge threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2020 3:41 PM

R18, Drive was written by Rob Thomas of Veronica Mars and it really shows. I think it's ironic because Hart is so much better in this role than Kristen Bell would have been. Much more likable. I also think it's a really good teen movie but I also heard she and Grenier had a big affair on the set, so if that's true, she got over the casting pretty quickly. Typically great Thomas lines: Girl: It's easy to be a bitch now that Brad is available. Melissa: It's easy to be a bitch either way. And Melissa: Who are we making jealous now? Adrian: Everyone. Everyone.

Don't cry for Hart. Her husband is part of the Hollywood Wilkersons, meaning she's rolling in dough.

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2020 3:50 PM

R32 I thought her husband was from Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2020 4:01 PM

Yeah I really don't think her husband is from a wealthy family.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2020 8:09 AM

If Melissa is still letting her mom dictate her career at 43, she only has herself to blame

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2020 7:13 PM

[Quote] If Melissa is still letting her mom dictate her career at 43, she only has herself to blame

Here here!

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2020 1:30 AM

R35 Some adult women always remain mama's girls.

by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2020 1:49 AM

Don't feel bad for her. That cunt deserved her bad karma:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2020 1:53 AM

And more:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2020 1:56 AM

Typical Catholic Suffolk County trash, complete with an overweight stage mother who never practiced birth control.

And that’s all deplorable territory out there — similar to Staten Island.

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2020 6:50 AM

I don't like Melissa. The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is fantastic, minus the trans character Susie/Theo, but whatever. I just binged watched the new third Season, and it was even better than the previous Seasons!

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2020 6:57 AM

[Quote] The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is fantastic

The first half was fine. Wasn't impressed with the second and haven't checked out season 2 yet.

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2020 8:58 AM

R42: Season 2 is more action packed than Season 1. And when you watch Season 3 it's even better than Season 1 and Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2020 9:37 AM

Why does everyone keep saying season 3?? Season one was split into 2 parts.

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2020 10:08 AM

R44: No, Netflix done that. It's been released as Season 3. Research. IMDB.com officially lists the recent Season that was released as Season 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2020 10:13 AM

She directed a terrible TV remake of Watcher in the Woods a few years back

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2020 10:31 AM

Thanks R45

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2020 10:59 AM

R47: No problem.

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2020 11:00 AM

[quote] Why does everyone keep saying season 3?? Season one was split into 2 parts.

The answer is quite simple. IMDB doesn't follow the showrunners' creative season definitions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2020 11:26 AM

Her husband was born in Enterprise Alabama. Are we sure is from the "Hollywood Wilkersons"?

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2020 11:30 AM

Who are the "Hollywood Wilkersons"?

by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2020 1:39 PM

R39 I remember that very well when it happened and was done with her after that. So all her “pro gay” and straight ally shit is fake. She already showed her true colors.

by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2020 1:55 PM

When I was in middle school and she was on that Clarissa show, she came to our local mall for an autograph signing. I'm ashamed and embarrassed to admit that I went and stood in line (it was free and I was a dumb kid, obviously). The bitch never once looked up from the table to acknowledge a single one of her fans and when I got up to her I saw that she was just banging out autographs and then putting tally marks on a sheet of paper for each photo she signed. I've never liked her after that.

by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2020 4:13 PM

R53 LMAO I remember you telling that story on here before and the part about the tally marks had me cracking up! What a bitch. Did she even mumble hi or say anything?

And she wonders why her career never really took off.

by Anonymousreply 54January 27, 2020 6:44 PM

I don't recall her mumbling anything, but this was almost thirty years ago at this point so it's possible she conjured up the energy to say "hi" underneath her breath. I've never forgotten the fact that she never looked up at anyone though along with that sheet of paper with all the tally marks on it! The little red headed kid who played her brother on the show was also there signing autographs that day and he actually looked up and smiled at the people who had stood in line to see him. It was all business for Miss Melissa though!

by Anonymousreply 55January 27, 2020 7:49 PM

She’s obviously still a Republican cunt and a Trumpster because right after it was announced Biden won, she was on IG posting a picture of the Hallmark movie schedule and said “Need an escape from reality?”

by Anonymousreply 56November 8, 2020 4:22 AM

Her husbands a stud...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 8, 2020 5:35 AM

She has they weird mouth thing. She’s doughy and not pretty yet she pulls that hot AF husband? What’s his deal? Doesn’t she live in Connecticut? She peaked as a kid and sadly kid actors can’t transition when they’re so typecast. Also she’s just not good looking enough. But again her man. I’m thinking he’s in it for something else. Former druggie now born again maybe? Or she’s his beard?

by Anonymousreply 58November 8, 2020 11:02 AM

[Quote] she was on IG posting a picture of the Hallmark movie schedule and said “Need an escape from reality?”

Lmao i guess she does.

by Anonymousreply 59November 8, 2020 11:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!