Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just got a comp ticket to the NYC GLAAD Awards.

(I'll be hanging out with Ryan Murpy. Even though I know GLAAD is useless claptrap, a freebie's a freebie. And yes, you are jealous, bitches!)

RYAN MURPHY TO BE HONORED WITH THE VITO RUSSO AWARD AT THE 31ST ANNUAL GLAAD MEDIA AWARDS IN NEW YORK

The 31st Annual GLAAD Media Awards will take place in New York at the Hilton Midtown on Thursday, March 19

GLAAD previously announced that Taylor Swift and Janet Mock will be honored at the 31st GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles at the Beverly Hilton on Thursday, April 16

New York, NY - Thursday, January 16, 2020 - GLAAD, the world’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) media advocacy organization, today announced that it will honor award-winning screenwriter, producer, and director Ryan Murphy with the Vito Russo Award at the 31st Annual GLAAD Media Awards at the Hilton Midtown in New York on Thursday, March 19.

The 31st Annual GLAAD Media Awards honor media for fair, accurate, and inclusive representations of LGBTQ people and issues. The 31st Annual GLAAD Media Awards are presented by Delta, Gilead, Hyundai, and Ketel One Family-Made Vodka. GLAAD previously announced over 175 nominees in 30 categories. Taylor Swift will receive the Vanguard Award and Janet Mock will receive the Stephen F. Kolzak Award at the 31st Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles on Thursday, April 16.

The Vito Russo Award is presented to an openly LGBTQ media professional who has made a significant difference in accelerating LGBTQ acceptance. The Award is named after Vito Russo, a founder of GLAAD and celebrated ACT UP activist, who pushed open the door for news and entertainment industries to include LGBTQ performers and stories. Previous Vito Russo honorees include Billy Porter, Anderson Cooper, Ricky Martin, Andy Cohen, Cynthia Nixon, RuPaul, Rosie O’Donnell, Tom Ford, Samira Wiley, Thomas Roberts, George Takei, Alan Cumming, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, among others.

“Ryan Murphy is a talented trailblazer behind some of the most innovative and popular LGBTQ projects in television, theater and film history, and he continues to bring underrepresented LGBTQ voices to the table in ways that raise the bar in Hollywood,” said GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis. “Ryan’s unique and gifted brand of storytelling has not only entertained the masses, but provided LGBTQ youth with characters who inspire them to live boldly and proudly.”

Ryan Murphy is an Emmy®, Golden Globe®, Tony® and Peabody® Award-winning screenwriter, producer and director who continues to accelerate acceptance for LGBTQ people in Hollywood.

This year, Murphy is nominated for GLAAD Media Awards in Outstanding Comedy Series for The Politician and in Outstanding Drama Series for Pose. Previously, he received GLAAD Media Awards for projects including Pose, The Normal Heart, American Horror Story: Asylum, The New Normal, Popular, and the Assassination of Gianni Versace - American Crime Story. Murphy also received six nominations and two wins for Glee. His other GLAAD Media Award nominated projects include Feud: Bette and Joan, Glee Project, American Horror Story: Cult, American Horror Story: Apocalypse, and the film Running With Scissors.

His most recent Netflix series, The Politician, received two 2020 Golden Globe nominations, including Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy; Pose was nominated for two 2019 Emmy Awards, winning Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Billy Porter, and received several Golden Globe Nominations. The show has made history by featuring the largest transgender series regular cast and the largest LGBTQ cast ever for a scripted series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2020 3:40 AM

Oh hon, I’m so sorry you’re stupid enough to have taken one of those tickets and then to come here and brag about it. They have to GIVE them away these days because nobody wants to go especially with Ms. Murphy there. I mean they really are scraping bottom to come up with someone to honor.

Do you have a therapist hon? You are going to need somewhere to work out your rage after realizing you’re never going to get that time back.

Please, do us all a favor and don’t come back here to vent or tell us about it. We know how bad it is. We’re sorry for you. Keep it to yourself or with a professional who can help you. There’s nothing more that can be done other than warn you not to go and we know you’re too stupid to heed the warning hon. Live and learn dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2020 8:11 PM

Can't even give that woke-tard shit away.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2020 8:14 PM

It’s a tranny fest

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2020 8:16 PM

Vito Russo would PUKE at this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2020 8:21 PM

R1 = a snide ugly dullard who can't recognize sarcasm when it slaps his pimpled face.

Good attempt at being clever, queen-in-training. By the way, dumbass is one word, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2020 8:44 PM

Also, R1 = the same haggard cunt who regularly copy-pastes this tiresome screed:

Editors of Out magazine, The Advocate depart financially troubled company on same day

"OP what the fuck is wrong with you? How the hell do you even manage to use a computer let alone post on Datalounge? You are one of the rudest son of a bitches I’ve ever encountered on here in years. There’s already been a thread on this OP. As a matter of fact, you selfish asshole, there have been several threads on this, but ohhhh nooooo “I don’t have to do a search” says Mister Head Up His Ass. Well pull your fucking head out of your ass for once in your life you selfish son-of-a-bitch and have some consideration for others for a change and do a goddamn search first. Is that going to kill you? Is it? Can you just answer that question? Can you? Is it really going to kill you to do a search first? What is wrong with you? Are you that much of an idiot that you can’t use Google? Don’t even try the old “search function doesn’t work” line because every cunt on here knows how to work around that. Do a search before you post a thread next time you fucking asshole. You’ve ruined my day and I hate you."

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2020 8:47 PM

I went to one maaaany years ago and was bored stiff. They gave some kind of COURAGE award to this lacrosse player from Dartmouth who came out. And i started complaining loudly. "So he's hot, has a bf and an Ivy League education and I'm supposed to feel SORRY for him? Fuck him!" Got roundly shushed.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2020 8:59 PM

I'd like to sit with you, R7. Everyone knows they're bullshit. I'm going to have fun.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2020 9:01 PM

R6 you’re one of those sick Datalounge stalkers that keeps track of everybody’s postings. That’s so bizarre but with this one I feel kind of homered!

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2020 9:14 PM

R9, you're one of those inept luddites who somehow manages to type onto a keyboard and remains amazed by a four-second copy/paste function that any child could manage to perform. You are a decrepit cunt-licking shit-snorting hag who should fuck off. you are universally despised by everyone on DataLounge. We all dismiss your tiresome antics.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2020 9:18 PM

Take a hit of good acid and drink yourself into a coma. You'll have a blast!

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2020 10:35 PM

Throw that ticket away OP. It has the blood of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2020 11:02 PM

HARD pass on Ryan Murphy or GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 13January 17, 2020 12:13 AM

Poor Vito. At least he doesn't have to see this crapfest.

by Anonymousreply 14January 17, 2020 1:02 AM

Is this "I got tickets to so and so event" theme going to become a trend on the DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 17, 2020 1:05 AM

Will this be televised? What channel? I can't see Logo running this.

by Anonymousreply 16January 17, 2020 1:10 AM

It's a tried trope which I was making fun of, R15.

by Anonymousreply 17January 17, 2020 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!