Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does Meth ever end well?

Inspired by the latest Silvo Horta news that meth addiction was a serious factor in his life/career imploding.

It seems like every person who uses meth ends up destroying their lives.

Does anyone ever escape unscathed?

Why does anyone try it anymore?

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2020 9:15 PM

No, it never ends well.

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2020 12:00 AM

I know one guy who kicked meth.

He only let it go after his boyfriend shot himself in the head in front of him.

I guess they both gave up meth at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2020 12:00 AM

It seems like the most destructive drug out there, which makes me wonder why anyone tries it.

Is it even POSSIBLE to be a social meth user instead of a full blown addict?

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2020 12:02 AM

As with any drug, some become self-destructive addicts and others do not. It's that simple. Moral of the story = avoid drug use as you never know which one will take your self-control away from you and which one you can use casually or even once and never crave again.

R3, opiates are clearly the most destructive drug as they lead to a high number of fatalities. No other drug comes close.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2020 12:04 AM

Ryan Phillippe is a methhead according to his ex, and he still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2020 12:05 AM

I don't see the appeal. I don't think there's one single, successful person who does it. You become this otherworldly creature, empty of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2020 12:06 AM

Of course this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2020 12:11 AM

I will never, ever touch a drug that negatively affects my looks. If you care about maintaining your attractiveness (skin, hair, teeth) you won’t touch meth either.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2020 12:19 AM

It ended good for him because he could talk about his drug use on tv stations and that got him attention. He had a great tour afterwards. Meth can cause comebacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2020 12:26 AM

I had a number of friends who started with meth in the naughts. Most have kicked it. Two went into a downward spiral, ended up with HIV, and ultimately dropped out of society. They went home to middle America and I haven’t heard from them since

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2020 12:32 AM

R10 does meth cause hiv?

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2020 12:33 AM

Just found this blog thanks to another poster that is a really good description of the downward spiral. Good writing too. Starts meth and turns positive in a matter of months. Seems like so many are survivors of the 80s/90s AIDS nightmare. I empathize - there but for the grace of God. I will never touch that drug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2020 1:13 AM

Holy Dr. Pimplepopper Batman! Whyever do many of them appear to have Chloracne? I like drugs, but I would never try Meth. It's obviously a highly toxic, poisonous substance.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2020 1:31 AM

R13 meth users pick at their face. Those skin wounds are from their own fingernails.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2020 1:51 AM

Plenty of people use meth recreationally and give it up at some point. An individual's prospects for recovering from disordered meth use depend to a degree on the amount of social and economic capital they have at their disposal. However, r4 is right in saying you never know if you'll be one of the survivors or not (although r4 is wrong re opiates - alcohol is the drug that causes the most death & damage in our society BY FAR).

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2020 3:02 AM

I used to shoot up meth. I loved the initial rush and high. The sex on it was great. I was a recreational user and never became addicted to it. The worst part was not being able to sleep for a day after using. It became boring and I finally stopped using it. I don't advocate its use as if you do become addicted, it can be very difficult to quit.

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2020 3:07 AM

Because so many people use alcohol. Meth is waaay more dangerous than alcohol - don’t make a false equivalency,

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2020 3:08 AM

Meth ==> death

&

Crack is wack

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2020 3:31 AM

It's just a very very dirty drug. I've never seen a happy ending with it no matter if the person does it once a month, every night or every weekend. The reason for stopping is because bad things are going down because of it in one way or another. Alcohol is the most widely abused drug of all. NOT opiates.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2020 3:41 AM

I agree about alcohol, but it is not illegal and therefore isn't usually classified as a "drug" along with the others. When it comes to actual overdoses due to illegal drugs, opiates top of the list. Few overdose due to alcohol consumption, but the long-term systemic side effects are certainly destructive.

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2020 3:52 AM

I have a friend who got addicted in the early aughts. Like R16, he used it for partying and sex. He's been clean for more than 15 years, and he and his husband (also a recovered meth addict) are doing very well.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2020 4:04 AM

no, it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2020 4:11 AM

Pot and hallucinogens are all you need.

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2020 4:13 AM

Raised by meth dealers!?! Tell us more - that must have been screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2020 4:15 AM

Just say no!

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2020 4:20 AM

I think it can turn out okay if this woman is evidence of anything

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2020 4:20 AM

[quote] R11: [R10] does meth cause hiv?

It reduces your inhibitions and enhances sex, so people are more likely to engage in unsafe practices. I just assume all meth users are poz. Likewise, I assume all male heroin addicts have had sex with other men at some point.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2020 4:22 AM

If you want to talk false equivalencies, r17, take away the protection that regulated supply gives alcohol users and you'll find alcohol is much more dangerous than you think it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2020 4:23 AM

LOL - as a very long-time opiate user, r27, I can promise you that there are many, many male heroin addicts who've never resorted to sucking dick for a fix. I think you've been reading too much Hubert Selby Jr or watching too much Oz.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2020 4:27 AM

In the late 90’s, in SF, it seemed like every other gay was on meth, and TBH, it scared the hell out of me. I was dating a really nice guy from Hawaii, and was beginning to fall for him, when out of the blue he became very distant, and was dodging me. I took it personally until one day I saw him SPUN OUT OF HIS MIND in the middle of the day...THANK GOD he did not see me! It was then an eldergay explained to me what Meth was and what it did....and I was like oh my....then it seemed everyone was either on it, or had a roommate on it etc etc People were stymied that I had my own place. I couldn’t wait to move. SF is full of assholes...

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2020 4:29 AM

I knew a meth addict. He always looked distracted. Like he wanted to bolt to go do meth in private, or find meth. He’s dead now. He was 20+ years sober before he lapsed.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2020 4:39 AM

Apparently!

by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2020 4:44 AM

I remember SF in the 90s being full of meth too. When it was still a place mainly gays went to and everyone still seemed to do too much drugs.

In the early aughts it hit NYC. Now seems to be making a bit of a comeback, I assume it’s the cartels pushing product. And the general sense of hopelessness / disillusionment in the country right now.

One of the hardest drugs to kick.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2020 4:50 AM

I understand meth does something with dopamine so that you can’t ever feel happy after you go off it. I would guess that problem fades away eventually.

When I was withdrawing from Bezos, I went through withdrawal for about 3 years, at least. In effect, I was still under the influence of drugs that entire time. There’s a great article online about the withdrawal symptoms. The tough part about benzos is how protracted the withdrawal is, not the severity of the symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2020 4:55 AM

[quote] When I was withdrawing from Bezos, I went through withdrawal for about 3 years, at least.

Jeff Bezos?

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2020 4:58 AM

Nothing else quite gives that same energy!

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2020 5:08 AM

I was in rehab for an addiction and the drug users said that meth was by far the worse. Opiates you could 'come back from' but meth was very destructive in a physical and mental sense.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2020 5:12 AM

If meth and heroin were as regulated as alcohol, would they be safe? Or are they just going to fuck you up regardless

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2020 5:21 AM

Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas was a meth user and now she's a wealthy superstar. So yeah, it ends well for some people.

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2020 5:23 AM

I think they will mess you up regardless R39.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2020 5:24 AM

R39 was a meth user?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2020 5:32 AM

Haggard Glamour Realness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2020 5:37 AM

I just KNOW the street meat on the left would be making Momma's mussy OOZE like a VERMONT MAPLE, but would she still be twitching her caftan at the "after" picture?

How desperate is Momma?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2020 5:42 AM

R11 you’re dumb as a bag of rocks.

Jesus wept!

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2020 5:44 AM

r38 - unadulterated heroin does very little physiological damage. The only immediate risks it presents are physical dependance and potential overdose (respiratory depression), but it doesn't damage organs or tissue. Long-term, opiates have been found to reduce testosterone levels which has a trickle-down effect on bone health. Meth is different but many of its destructive effects stem from co-morbidities and the effects of prolonged and frequent dehydration and sleep deprivation, rather than direct effects of the drug itself. Having been around illicit drug users for decades, I've never seen people deteriorate as quickly and dramatically as they can do on meth, but I've also seen a significant number of people manage their use and remain functional for years.

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2020 6:10 AM

9 years sober from meth here, 3 years trying to. If you have an addictive personality don’t do meth, even once. It “rewires” parts of your brain’s pleasure center, especially relating to sex. This takes YEARS to repair.

Out of hundreds or perhaps several thousand recovering crystal meth addicts I’ve met in the past 12 years, I can count on one hand how many stayed sober. The problem is that “alcohol becomes crystal” every time I quit and did coke or alcohol instead, inevitably I’d go right back to using meth.

Yes there are those that use it recreationally and dabble, but the most insidious aspect of this drug is that usage sneaks up on you. What is once a month or weekends quickly becomes every weekend or even daily use.

I still have a few cardiovascular issues but got off easy. Never again.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2020 1:06 PM

[quote] I used to shoot up meth. I loved the initial rush and high.

From my experience, once people start shooting it up, it's usually down hill. Glad to hear you were able to stop. Unfortunately most can't once they get that far.

Yes, in NYC, it was everywhere in the gay world in the naughts. There was no shame about it...until we started to see how destructive it was. Then came the public health campaigns against it. That made many stop using it recreationally. It also forced the chronic users underground onto hookup sites especially for them.

There were a few years where we thought we got through it, but it's coming back

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2020 7:05 PM

Oh sure hon. It’s an easy comeback. Must be why you’re asking, right? I mean you can drop it just like that! It’s easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2020 7:17 PM

In 7 years R42? That's nothing. She looks great for someone who stays out in the sun hooking up with guys and smoking.

Now look how Madonna looked only 4 years ago and come back to this thread with some relevant comments. ODing on Juvederm is so much worse than meth.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2020 7:30 PM

Meth helps you make great decisions.

A meth-addicted, married Atlanta man has been convicted of killing his secret boyfriend after learning he was planning to leave him, prosecutors said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2020 7:37 PM

Yes. Meth helps you with EVERYTHING!! I just love it for weight loss. A pinch in my coffee and I’m set for the day.

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2020 7:50 PM

It seems like the percentage of users whose lives end up royally fucked are much higher than alcohol or coke. So why does anyone try it anymore?

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2020 7:52 PM

Coke is absolutely completely different than meth. You cannot compare the two in any way. I don’t why people who have only done coke do that.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2020 7:57 PM

R53 I was comparing it in the sense that it's a very popular social drug.

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2020 7:59 PM

As riciculous as it sounds, the best way to give up drugs, like meth, is have a better life when sober. Why do people take drugs in the first place? Because they believe their lives are shit and / or can't deal with a big or traumatising issue. Deal with the big or traumatizing issue and start believing that life is worth living sober (or worth living at all if you are suicidal) and the drug addiction becomes a thing of the past.

by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2020 8:00 PM

Meth addiction is a little more complicated that that I think R55 . Like heroin, it’s a physical, biological need - in addition to psychological. The fact that so on here have tried it and come back is not representative. Pretty much everyone I know who did it had major problems - at some point. Some stopped for 10 years - then suddenly disappeared at 54 again. Don’t do meth kids. Have some coke or pot if you want - but not meth.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2020 8:34 PM

52 Most people going into using meth don't know much about it. All I knew was that it was going to make my sex better. I tried it, the sex was great, and I never bothered to ask questions at the start. Unless people begin questioning their use and what it's doing to them, they soon have their heads already stuck in the rabbit hole. I began looking online and found a couple of harm reduction sites where I learned enough to put it down. Yes 55 making better choices is the correct answer for moving away from drugs.

by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2020 8:48 PM

Turning into a meth-headed pozzed-up cumdump was the only attention Danny "beacon of lies" Pintauro got since that crummy sitcom he was on was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2020 8:56 PM

R24 i have no stories that would interest you. there isn't anything interesting about a white trash upbringing. hence why i try to live my life as a refutation of it since reaching adulthood.

as for all of the people going on about "soandso used to do it and they turned out fine", i would imagine that they secretly still "do" it. some people can contain their use and be functional, some people just go on a periodic bender. if a person leaves the entire thing behind, they are generally only successful if they leave their social milieu behind as well. and/or they were just not going to get addicted to that particular thing. some people have a different physiological/psychological makeup and can "party" without spiraling. they are just fortunate, like having good bone structure or something. this is true of pretty much any drug/alcohol. we aren't talking about "them" when we talk about drug use. this should go without saying.

i would recommend those that have mental health issues already to never touch the stuff. it helps nothing, and only makes everything worse.

if you want to kill yourself anyway, do it more quickly and less painfully for your family and friends, and jump off a bridge or something.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2020 9:01 PM

The “normalization” of meth in certain circles contributed to the problem - like R57, some kids just didn’t realize what a horrible drug it is because it seemed like everyone around was using it. I’m just thankful that I was scared off it before I was exposed to it. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2020 9:02 PM

Dated a guy for about a year. Our sex was amazing. I have a high sex drive but he was unreal. Absolutely insatiable. After about 4 months I noticed a change in personality. More secretive and some weight loss. After a year it was clear he was on something. Lost his job and lived with me. As soon as I got home from work we would start up on sex. One weekend he disappeared for the weekend and I broke off the relationship. Luckily I got another job and left the city.

If it’s too good to be true, it is.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2020 9:56 PM

Here's a post about meth recovery from one of the guys who was on that "Fire Island" TV show a few years ago.

My name is Patrick and I am a grateful recovering Crystal Meth addict. A few weeks ago on December 8th, 2019 I celebrated one year of sobriety. 365 Days free of all mind-altering substances. I didn’t think I’d ever reach that milestone. After all, as some of you may know, it’s not the first time I’ve tried. Crystal Meth is an incredibly insidious drug that will grab ahold of you tightly and turn your world upside down before you even realize it’s a problem. By the time you do, unfortunately, it’s too late.

The gay community is currently being ravaged by a crystal meth epidemic that isn’t being talked about enough. Silence = Death. Towards the end of my active addiction I had lost nearly everything I had. I was homeless in New York City in the winter with my sweet Bodhi, lugging around a few suitcases of the belongings I had left as I desperately searched Grindr for the next place I could get high and crash. I weighed around 140 pounds and my arms were covered in track marks. I was shooting up 5 to 10 times a day. I had been awake for about 12 days and had a full blown psychotic meltdown on the streets of Manhattan. By the grace of God, a couple of dear friends found me, got Bodhi to safety and had me institutionalized. I had quite literally lost my mind.

My loving brother flew to New York and picked me up when I was discharged. We picked up Bodhi from my beautiful friends and I went to rehab in Atlanta. And then fled and relapsed. Then went back. Then left again. Since 2016 I’ve been to 5 rehab facilities. The only way I could cope with the shame I felt about destroying my life was to continue to use. But then on Dec. 8 2018 something happened. I realized I deserved so much more than that life. I had a true moment of clarity and one day at a time, I’m still clean & sober today. I tell you this because if you’re struggling with crystal meth and have tried to quit and think there’s no way out, there is. I’ve walked the same shadowy path and I stand here today to say there is a way out if you want it. I will walk with you. It won’t be easy, but it’ll be worth it. You’re worth it. If that messy tweaker queen from that Fire Island Show can do it, so can you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2020 12:49 AM

Wow, r62, he looks MUCH bigger and better than he did in that skeezy TIM gangbang film he did. I'm glad to hear he got his shit together. R56, can we try and stop with the baseless and counter-productive hyperbole? Meth dependance is very difficult for some users to overcome but it is not a "physical, biological need". Users can become extremely psychologically dependant but they don't suffer physical withdrawal symptoms the way opiate addicts do. Meth withdrawal is little more than feeling flat, depressed and listless, but with an incredibly strong psychological craving for the drug. People need factual, balanced information to make informed choices. Exaggerated alarmism just makes them stop listening.

by Anonymousreply 63January 17, 2020 1:36 AM

"informed choices"....hahahahaaaaa

there is no way to know in advance whether you will be the one to become addicted or not, and even if you didn't get addicted to other things previously this is the case with each different substance you try. it matters very little if the need is physical or psychological or what. the disaster that is addiction in all forms might come to prey on you and destroy your life, or it might not.

spin the wheel. why not? other people manage to not get addicted. other people turn out fine. you could be just like them. or you could be on Faces of Meth. no way to know which without testing the water, though.

by Anonymousreply 64January 17, 2020 1:52 AM

Hell’s kitchen gay here, 38 but hang with a young crowd because I pass for my 20s. I gym 4 times a week, work 12 hour days, NEVER miss work (i’m in at 7:00 am) and I party on Fridays and Saturdays. I recover on Sunday and on Monday i’m back in the boardroom.

Fuck you if you think crystal automatically makes you an addict. I’ve been enjoying it for 10 years and still gainfully employed AND can afford a house on Fire Island. Can you bitches?

by Anonymousreply 65January 17, 2020 1:58 AM

Yeah, I tell people at risk to “be careful”, but I know it’s always too late when an addict realizes they are in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 66January 17, 2020 2:07 AM

Good for McDonald. I can sadly imagine how grisly it was to be homeless and strung out in NYC - in the winter! He's lucky people bailed him out. I must say in his fuck boy video he was still buff. That was 2017 I think.

He must have really spiralled.

by Anonymousreply 67January 17, 2020 2:28 AM

Thanks for the reminder R65 that drug addicts are the world's biggest liars.

by Anonymousreply 68January 17, 2020 2:32 AM

The chemicals is crystal meth can't all be metabolized and removed. Those that can't be processed by the liver and kidneys form Crystal's that lodge in the pores of the skin. This is what causes the sores that meth heads pick at. They're known on the street as "speed bumps".

by Anonymousreply 69January 17, 2020 2:44 AM

My suspicion is some people manage unscathed. The percentage is probably pretty low with crystal, maybe 10% or less. Are there any reliable studies?

by Anonymousreply 70January 17, 2020 2:54 AM

R68, maybe it’s not a deliberate lie. It could be denial, which is powerful. We often get people who ask “I drink a bottle of wine nightly by myself. Will I become an alcoholic in the future?” (Or similar) Of course, such a person is already an alcoholic, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 71January 17, 2020 2:58 AM

No, r69, that's a myth. The sores come from obsessively picking at every speck and bump that naturally occur on our skin, which can be exacerbated by the higher body temperatures, sweating, and dehydration that meth users experience. Formification is the sensation of bugs under the skin that some meth users experience, which causes them to pick, but crystals lodging in or growing out of your skin? No.

by Anonymousreply 72January 17, 2020 2:58 AM

I have an acquaintance in recovery. He says the first time he tried meth, he said to himself, “Oh, I’m in trouble now!” And he was.

by Anonymousreply 73January 17, 2020 2:59 AM

Meth cannot recrystallize in the body. It's too moist for it to happen. Residual meth can be sweated out, however, along with various other things, especially metals.

by Anonymousreply 74January 17, 2020 3:03 AM

The hot actor who was in Jeffrey and The Pretender back in the 90s was supposed to have been a serious meth head, but remarkably he's still alive and looking pretty fine today. I don't think that's typically the case with meth addicts, of course.

by Anonymousreply 75January 17, 2020 3:06 AM

I imagine Robert Downy Jr. must be a great actor and well liked, for people to have given him so many chances.

by Anonymousreply 76January 17, 2020 3:12 AM

I went to college in the midwest in the early 2000s and saw the Not Even Once anti-meth commercial campaign on TV then. It sure scared the shit out of me! I remember reading that dealers were flavoring meth with strawberry and chocolate to get 11 year olds hooked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 17, 2020 3:13 AM

I remember an acquaintance telling me that he had an ex boyfriend that was so messed up on meth that he lost his job and spent his days and nights doing meth and watching porn and masturbating using an enormous vibrator like he had lost his soul and was possessed like a demon. He finally left the guy and moved out, and months later the ex boyfriend died of an overdose.

by Anonymousreply 78January 17, 2020 3:25 AM

The worst thing a meth user can do is binge and stay high on the drug. Meth can cross the blood-brain barrier and force-release dopamine, the reward or happiness drug produced in the brain. Constant use of meth will eventually use up all of the dopamine produced, to the point the brain may stop making it. Without it, nothing will be rewarded. Anhedonia sets in and depression follows. This is a classic reason for a meth user commiting suicide.

by Anonymousreply 79January 17, 2020 3:27 AM

The thing about the recovered addicts like Patrick McDonalds and some others I know is so much of their identity is still wrapped up in their sexuality. Pat's instagram is all wrapped up in selfies with many of him in a state of undress. I know this of another friend too. He's 54, spends all his time in the gym and posting selfies of himself with his shirt off. It's kind of like enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 80January 17, 2020 3:30 AM

R80 A person recovering from meth needs to have a better choice to replace the drug. It could be that this focus on their bodies is to crowd out thoughts of meth and this is one choice, working on the body and showing it off.

by Anonymousreply 81January 17, 2020 3:36 AM

The occasional story of someone who has done it and survived betray the intensity of the drug. Just like only a small % of people who drink become alcoholics. But the % for meth is waaay higher because of its potency. There is absolutely nothing positive or useful about it. I’ve done a lot of drugs but meth - and heroin - are ones you don’t mess with. Not worth the high risk attached for the good sex. And you are left with the rest of your life never being able to have that sex again.

by Anonymousreply 82January 17, 2020 3:44 AM

Is this a rhetorical question?

by Anonymousreply 83January 17, 2020 5:16 AM

It hasn't yet. But never say never.

by Anonymousreply 84January 17, 2020 5:26 AM

It hasn't yet. But never say never.

by Anonymousreply 85January 17, 2020 5:26 AM

I first tried meth about a decade ago. I wasn’t dealIng with some emotional trauma; I was just bored and wanted to see what the hullabaloo.in fact is rarely done any drug previous to that.

Meth made me much freer sexually. Thankfully the guys I played with were all strict about playing safely. I did it about once a month or so.

As the quality of the meth started deteriorating and the highs not feeling as good anymore, I decided to slow it down.

Now, I do it only once or twice a year and have a crazy weekend of lots of crazy sex. It’s fun, but I know it’s something that should be done only rarely.

I have never and will never inject because it’s those guys who are unable to stop (although I’ve met guys from every conceivable profession who inject, especially lawyers and dentists).

No one among my circle of friends or work colleagues have the faintest idea that I do meth

by Anonymousreply 86January 17, 2020 7:50 PM

That fascinates me, R86. I never tried it but I did try coke and I was never sure, of course, if it was only coke or mixed with meth or God only knows what. But the sex it was pretty hot. With my roommate, no less! I’m sober now, so those days are behind me. Haha, I made a joke!

by Anonymousreply 87January 18, 2020 12:43 AM

Isn't whiskey or champagne, poppers, joints, enough to have hot sex when you're fit and relatively young?

by Anonymousreply 88January 18, 2020 2:16 AM

Kind of like unsafe sex with someone of unknown status without PREP 25 years ago. Sure it would be a thrill - but why risk life for a momentary sexual orgasm. Maybe the logic would be less clear if I was 25. But I just don’t get why someone would risk it.

by Anonymousreply 89January 18, 2020 2:24 AM

[quote] opiates are clearly the most destructive drug as they lead to a high number of fatalities.

Opiates are used by the most people and are readily available. That doesn't mean they are the most destructive, just the most widely abused.

by Anonymousreply 90January 18, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote] OP: Does Meth ever end well?

I had a chemistry teacher who was talking about purifying any chemical, such as a bottle of watered down alcohol.

“You can never get anything completely pure. The only time you can get 100% of anything is when we’re all dead”

The “end” that OP refers to reminds me.

by Anonymousreply 91January 18, 2020 2:30 AM

Isn't whiskey or champagne, poppers, joints, enough to have hot sex when you're fit and relatively young?

Unfortunately, no. Once you've had sex on meth, you finally find out how great sex can be. The terrible result is, you can never forget having sex on meth. Not for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 92January 18, 2020 2:36 AM

I do meth sometimes. It’s pretty dumb. It’s always a great time until I get home exhausted and then spend 6 hours watching porn for no reason, which happens every time.

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2020 2:51 AM

I’m curious about the sexual component of meth. Since it was used non-sexually for decades as a stimulant - like the Nazis. Why is it such a sex drug for gay men? Is it the confidence boosting aspect? Is it like poppers - increased blood flow? I just don’t get it.

The idea that you will never have sex as good as that again without it seems like a guaranteed addiction trigger.

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2020 3:08 AM

R94 Many people do use meth in smaller amounts to keep alert, work fast and hard, and to diet. Maybe they use 1/20th of a gram. Now let's step it up and use a third of a gram. And instead of swallowing, snorting, smoking or plugging (up the butt), let's shoot it up which feels like a different drug where you get a full head rush, your CNS (central nervous system) becomes fully charged and it is hitting the pudendal nerve at the bottom of the CNS.

The pudendal nerve splits in two and excites the penis and the anus, both erogenous zones. This is why gays enjoy PnP, party and play. Not all people feel this intense edging, but many do, as it extends the play period and results in an explosive ejaculation. If it's solo sex, the masturbation may go on for hours--past sunrise. I would also think that people being fisted would find the experience unique.

One last word about shooting up. It isn't an addict's desperation move necessarily, but one of sending more meth to the brain than any other method. When the brain realizes too much dopamine has been released, it begins a reuptake mechanism to return dopamine back to where it's produced. Because the meth is transported to the brain by blood, it's faster and can release more dopamine before it is cut off. This results is "the real rush" that can't be duplicated by other means of transport. Besides the bigger head rush, the excitation of nerves affecting the erogenous zones is greater. With a shot containing perhaps up to a half gram of meth, some people will have auto-ejaculation.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2020 3:43 AM

Wow R95 - that is awesome. That is exactly the info I was looking for. Yeah I’m a need - but that answers what makes it so unique. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 96January 18, 2020 4:19 AM

r95, do women have a similar experience on meth with sex (to the best of your knowledge)?

I’m not r94, but I too have had lots of sex and drugs, I’ve had incredible sexual experiences — are you saying that on meth that literally all you want to do is sex and nothing else?? I’m trying to imagine how much better the sex can actually be — but I’ll never try it, I’ve lived to tell my own stories, I’d rather just hear from others. But I’m saying, I have had incredible sex on coke, LSD, X, tooooooooons of great weed, drinking, etc. How many steps above could the sex actually be?

To “raised by meth dealers” you sound like an incredible human being, I really mean that. I’m sure being raised in that environment was incredibly emotionally painful, but you’ve taken that and turned it into something strong and beautiful. I’m sure every day isn’t a box of chocolates for you (nor me) but people like you are very inspiring. Thank you again for sharing and not romanticizing for the naive.

by Anonymousreply 97January 18, 2020 6:12 AM

What's the difference between meth and adderall or Ritalin? I've heard adderall is more like meth (obviously far less strong) and Ritalin is more like coke. I remember reading about all those kids diagnosed with ADHD in the nineties seeking out coke later on.

I was diagnosed with adult ADHD and take Ritalin - I have taken more than I was prescribed once - the feeling was awful. Jittery, horrible. Although I am an addict (alcoholic, drank to appease my numerous failings) I have lost the desire to binge eat or drink when medicated. I have taken most drugs, but I would never touch meth. It would destroy me. I'm lucky to live in a country where coke is expensive and shit.

I crave normalcy now, not destruction. Good luck to anyone struggling, it really is worth it to get clean.

by Anonymousreply 98January 18, 2020 6:41 AM

R97 Yes, women get similar responses from meth. There are wailing and squirting.

by Anonymousreply 99January 18, 2020 8:20 AM

Adderall is somewhat similar, yet completely different for me - keeps me focused and on task. Not sexy. Meth just makes me horny.

by Anonymousreply 100January 18, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote]There are wailing and squirting.

Wailin' and squirtin' and hopin' and prayin' ...

by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2020 5:46 PM

Meth bump

by Anonymousreply 102August 3, 2020 8:40 PM

Meth can end well if better choices are made: getting married, having kids, preparing for and getting a good job, buying a house and car... once these become the more important goals, and are followed, meth and other drugs are usually abandoned. Of those who begin using meth in their teens or early twenties, 70% will quit using the drug by age 30, on their own.

by Anonymousreply 103August 4, 2020 12:04 AM

That depends on your definition of well......

by Anonymousreply 104August 4, 2020 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!