Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AM Joy this morning: Black police officers in South Bend complain about racism in police department

What is Joy Reid’s problem with Pete Buttigieg?! She’s invited a panel to tear him down.

by Anonymousreply 499February 6, 2020 10:48 AM

With everything that’s happening, Why is this the top story for her to focus on this morning?

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2020 3:08 PM

I’m sorry, but there are just too many questionable things when it comes to Pete and his history with race relations. Gay man or not, I can’t get behind someone with that kind of history.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2020 3:08 PM

Pete's issue with the South Bend Police Chief is very convoluted and is based around racist language yet its being characterized on Joy's show as "Pete hates black people." It's really unfair to everyone when a complex issue is misrepresented in order to make it an easy-to-digest soundbite.

Now this pundit is saying that Pete doesn't have any black friends....which I guess this talking head in NYC would know about Pete how exactly? So stupid.

Funny how that supposedly black people don't like Pete because he supposedly hates black people yet Mayor Bloomberg, AKA "Mayor Stop and Frisk" is polling higher among black voters! Do these black voters support Stop and Frisk?? Or do they just not know about it?

by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2020 3:20 PM

#amjoy WOW what I am hearing this morning about Pete Buttigieg and South Bend is bowing my mind, but I should not be surprised, but yet I am. One this is for sure Majority of Black people are no fools. Just because you’re not wearing your sheet don’t mean you don’t own one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2020 3:21 PM

Reid hates Pete and will pull out all the stops to prevent his winning IA as if she can do that single-handedly. This subject has been done to death already, but it keeps getting featured on Reid's show with a bunch of "pundits" spouting talking points.

R3 makes an excellent point. Bloomberg's "apology" was completely calculated. And yet Pete's the calculated one.

R4 was clearly born yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2020 3:24 PM

Lord Almighty. Joy - aren’t you tired? I sure as hell am.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2020 3:28 PM

As usual @JoyAnnReid is doing the Lord’s work on @amjoyshow . If you want to see our nation’s politics thru a multi-cultural lens...which we all SHOULD want to do. Turn to @msnbc

Further, @PeteButtigieg ’s offer to send a SURROGATE to talk with @JoyAnnReid about something THIS important shows his level of respect for her as a journalist. She is on par with @maddow and @lawrence . She’s one of the BEST on @msnbc . now.

That @PeteButtigieg couldn’t manage to clear his schedule to appear in person or via satellite on the @amjoyshow to have an IMPORTANT conversation w/ (the ONLY black female anchor on @MSNBC ) to discuss the racial fallout in S. Bend & #ChiefBoykins confirms everything I suspect.

And dude wonders why he’s polling at ZERO.

I am a black woman, @PeteButtigieg . I have lived a LONG time in this nation. Longer than you. You remind me of those who know what to say and how to say it.

The black community is done with pretty words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2020 3:28 PM

I think it's obvious by now that some (note the word SOME) feel that gay (white) men are taking away from a sense of "zero sum victimhood" - awkward, but best way I can express it.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2020 3:29 PM

He does not get a pass on suspect race relations just because he’s gay. SORRY.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2020 3:29 PM

Fuck off, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2020 3:30 PM

^No, but you sure can.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2020 3:31 PM

I've said this before but she doesn't have anything against Pete. This is simply her chance to take revenge against everyone who almost ruined her career a year or two ago after her homophobic past comments resurfaced, and not appear homophobic in the process. This must be insanely enjoyable for her and I bet she jerks off to it at home as well.

Also, Harriot is now aligned with The Young Turks, who are the InfoWars of the left. If his articles from 2016 attacking black people for even contemplating voting for Hillary IN THE GENERAL didn't turn you off him, this should.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2020 3:36 PM

R7 oh dear God, the DELUSION. No he’s not going to appear on Joy’s show to essentially be knifed on live tv when he’s heading to campaign in Iowa - where the race is literally a 4-way death match.

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2020 3:36 PM

It's very sad that Joy would tear down a viable Presidential candidate because of her racist and homophobic agenda. We have a white supremacist in the White House who makes no apologies for that and we have Pete who is aware and open to righting wrongs and actually wants to bring people together. It is because of people like Joy who will get Trump re-elected. Trump doesn't even have to a bloody thing except sit back and watch people like Joy rip into the Democratic candidates.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2020 3:39 PM

r9 Suspect race relations? You mean like appointing a black police chief who had been illegally wiretapping other police officers since before Pete became mayor, and then hid form Pete that he was under a federal investigation for it? And the SB police union hated Pete as well, so this isn't some Pete-police conspiracy against the black residents of South Bend.

A Dem mayor of a dying city in a red state couldn't fix race relations in eight years - shocker! He did however manage to reduce their unemployment by 70% and poverty by 40%.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2020 3:40 PM

r13 Who the hell appears on that show, anyway? It's just clueless pundits doing punditry all the time. No actual reporters in sight.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2020 3:42 PM

Yvette Nicole Brown is dead to me. And why does she look like LaToya Jackson now? Isn’t she supposed to be fat?

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2020 3:43 PM

Michael Harriot is seriously such a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2020 3:44 PM

Joy sure has riled a lot of people up against Pete. Mission accomplished for her this weekend. What would next week’s tactic be?

“It says A LOT about that man. A LOT! He couldn't come on #AMJoy to talk about race with a WOC. Him and his husband can go fuck themselves...and that comes from the bottom of the heart of a gay, Cuban, man of color...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2020 3:47 PM

She’s hostile to gays and whites.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2020 3:55 PM

I am so angry over this. It's not Pete's fault that Americans didn't embrace Kamala or Booker. She seems determined to make Pete pay for that. She really should be taken off the air. This isn't the first time her racism and homophobia has been exposed, but the optics of firing her would make MSNBC look bad. But it would be the right thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2020 4:07 PM

R21. Yeah MSNBC can fire joy but black people still won't vote for petey boy. By the way the network can't just fire her because she refused to kiss up to petey like other anchors.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2020 4:27 PM

Well, if you really feel that strongly about Joy Reid, I suggest you start reaching out to her advertisers. You can express your concerns about her homophobic agenda. Threaten to boycott her advertises unless MSNBC does something about her show’s homophobic agenda.

Money talks....

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2020 4:27 PM

Yvette Nicolle brown is also a Michael Jackson apologist and has issued threats to the accusers on twitter.

She ain't all there.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2020 4:27 PM

Race relations is a complex issue-- too complex for most blacks to understand. It breaks my heart to see what people put Pete through.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2020 4:29 PM

If Pete appeared on Joy's show during every episode in which she trashed him, he'd be on her show every week. Clearly, the campaign realized that whatever commitment Pete has on this Saturday morning is more important than having him sit and be trashed by Joy and her pundits. Does anyone really think that at this point Joy will stop trashing Pete?

Plenty of pundits have explained that black voters, especially black voters in South Carolina, aren't supporting Pete because they simply don't know who he is. That is why all of the candidates with name recognition--Biden, Sanders, Bloomberg--are polling higher than Pete.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2020 4:35 PM

If we're looking at the "top tier" candidates in IA & NH - what is kind of interesting is that I guess besides perhaps Joe Biden, Pete is quite literally the only one who has had to deal with the flashpoint issues of race relations and police brutality from a position of direct leadership as Mayor. And yes the way he's handled such situations are obviously open to criticism and discussion but he has had to take responsible action in ways Sanders and Warren sure as hell have never had to in their entire political careers.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2020 4:45 PM

[quote]What is Joy Reid’s problem with Pete Buttigieg?!

Her first problem is that she’s a homophobe.

Her second problem is that she’s a racist who is majorly butthurt that voters said “NO” to Harris, Booker, Castro, and every POC candidate so far.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2020 4:49 PM

“This is simply her chance to take revenge against everyone who almost ruined her career a year or two ago”

Who is she taking revenge on and how? How are these things even remotely related?

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2020 4:49 PM

R22 literally no anchor on MSNBC is kissing Pete's ass. Warren, definitely.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote]Race relations is a complex issue-- too complex for most blacks to understand.

I'm just gonna let the time-and-space-continuum-warping stupidity of that statement speak for itself.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2020 4:54 PM

R26. That is bullshit since most of the blacks in South Carolina have heard of him. They just don't want to vote for the fag. R22. She can't get fired because she doesn't give petey boy glowing reviews. That is not good enough reason.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2020 4:55 PM

R31, that post is signed "Deranged Pete Frau". It's clearly sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2020 4:57 PM

The only think black folks in SC know about Pete is that he's the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2020 4:59 PM

r28 Joy Reid never supported those candidates, she's been a Warren shill and apologist for her when Warren has her own issues with black people.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2020 5:10 PM

MSNBC can’t decide if the official story is that black voters just haven’t heard of Pete, or if it’s that black voters don’t like his policies.

Because they have been parroting both, but both of those theories can’t be true. Of course they would never explore the possibility that the black community is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2020 5:13 PM

Joy’s problem is not with Pete. It’s with white people and specifically gay, white people

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2020 5:13 PM

Watching Joy Reid makes my skin crawl.

Watching David Gura puts me to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2020 5:16 PM

R27: Sanders and Warren do not run police departments. Buttigieg did. If he was a member of Congress instead of a city executive then none of this is an issue. It's part of the job he took on, and he has to answer questions about it. The job Sanders and Warren have taken on have different responsibilities and different questions. This is not hard to understand...

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2020 5:19 PM

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2020 5:21 PM

R39 he has answered questions about the police chief issue and the bulldozing of homes. The rest is subjective about racism in general that NOBODY has the answer for.

by Anonymousreply 41January 12, 2020 5:24 PM

Sadly, Pete is not going to change black perception of him, which will ultimately end his campaign. Unfortunately people like Reid have great influence in the African American community, much more than the candidate himself. The new Washington Post poll of blacks shows him with a miniscule 2% of black support. In addition, 21% of those surveyed said they would be very uncomfortable supporting a gay candidate. Between the gay thing and the race relations thing he just cannot overcome these obstacles. He's a brilliant guy and I personally like him, but he's DOA in any state with a sizeable black population, and therefore DOA period.

by Anonymousreply 42January 12, 2020 5:25 PM

R12 making stuff up? Who is getting served their revenge?

by Anonymousreply 43January 12, 2020 5:26 PM

I like Joy, but this Pete Bootygeigh obsession is bizarre and makes her look awful. I’m not a supporter of his, but she is on a great jihad to take him down at any cost. Let.it.go.

by Anonymousreply 44January 12, 2020 5:30 PM

Phony vs Phony

by Anonymousreply 45January 12, 2020 5:31 PM

Joy used to praise Castro. For no other reason that he's straight and non white. Did he bring anything else to he table?

She is homophobic and racist.

by Anonymousreply 46January 12, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote] She is on par with @maddow and @lawrence . She’s one of the BEST on @msnbc . now.

I guess that's why MSNBC relegates her to weekend mornings.

by Anonymousreply 47January 12, 2020 5:47 PM

So r12 lied?

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 48January 12, 2020 5:59 PM

Totally, R30. Rachel had Elizabeth on her show last week and she couldn't contain her excitement. The interview was all softball and fawning. When Rachel had Pete on, she was really tough on him and scornful. Haven't these TV hosts learned anything from 2016? Joy, Rachel and a few others are going to, once again, sink the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 49January 12, 2020 6:07 PM

Joy is trash for amplifying The Yong Turk's trash reporting. I bet the lazy bitch didnt lift a finger to verify anything either.

by Anonymousreply 50January 12, 2020 6:10 PM

This is the biggest news from the weekend shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 12, 2020 6:10 PM

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said, “I didn’t see one with regard to four embassies,” when asked if there was specific evidence that showed Iran planned to attack four American embassies, as President Trump has claimed. Esper made the comment on CBS’s Face the Nation on Sunday. On Friday, Trump spoke to Fox News and used the claim of four US embassies being in peril as a motivating factor that led to the drone strike that killed Iranian General Qassem Soleimani.

by Anonymousreply 52January 12, 2020 6:10 PM

I wish Pete has gone on the show or will. Hes going to set her straight and make her look like the uninformed idiot she is,just like he did with Michael Harriott and Sunny Hostin.. It may not be worth it though.

by Anonymousreply 53January 12, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote]Mayor Bloomberg, AKA "Mayor Stop and Frisk" is polling higher among black voters! Do these black voters support Stop and Frisk?? Or do they just not know about it?

Blacks are low-information voters.

by Anonymousreply 54January 12, 2020 6:29 PM

Pete can explain things so beautifully and clearly. Even blacks can understand him when he speaks. If only they'd give him a chance. He'd set them straight and make their lives better. Of course, blacks only want to vote for blacks. If they were advanced like whites, they could appreciate true diversity.

by Anonymousreply 55January 12, 2020 6:30 PM

Start a new thread about Iran. This thread is about Pete.

by Anonymousreply 56January 12, 2020 6:36 PM

r15

The Black police chief didn't illegally wire tap anyone. Also if you had looked at the show you would know that he was never under a federal investigation, that's just another Pete Buttigieg lie.

I can always count on the white gays of datalounge to ignore racism. Police brutality is the first thing Black voters think of when they think of mayor Pete not his sexuality. They just did a poll on that very issue. The mayor has run the south bend police department in a very racist manor and now his chickens have come home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 57January 12, 2020 6:37 PM

R57, He most definitely did wire tap them and he was under federal investigation.

by Anonymousreply 58January 12, 2020 6:39 PM

So, he has not been on Joy Reid’s show?

by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2020 6:44 PM

R59, he was on in September.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2020 6:45 PM

On Thursday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the administration did not have precise information about the Iranian threat. “We don’t know precisely when and we don’t know precisely where but it was real,” he said.

Also on Sunday, Esper chose the path of avoidance when posed the same question by CNN’s Jake Tapper, saying, “I’m not going to discuss intelligence matters here on the show.”

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2020 6:48 PM

R21 Despite being half black, Kamala Harris' record on racial justice is downright awful!

by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote]Kamala Harris' record on racial justice is downright awful!

Harris locked up criminals. It’s not her fault that most criminals are black.

by Anonymousreply 63January 12, 2020 7:07 PM

At least they aren’t republicans. Could be worse.

by Anonymousreply 64January 12, 2020 7:08 PM

If Pete had the same record as Kamala Harris he would have been literally eaten alive. She got a pass for some reason. I' didnt see any viral "Lying MF" Root pieces about her.

by Anonymousreply 65January 12, 2020 7:09 PM

I thought they were coming for Joy, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 66January 12, 2020 7:12 PM

What is her problem? She's a homophobic cunt. What else would you expect her to do but tear down the only gay candidate?

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2020 7:13 PM

Her “panels” are always all black people. I didn’t realize MSNBC had become BET.

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2020 7:15 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Reid hates white people.

by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2020 7:20 PM

He never stood a chance dummies. That's why this is absolutely necessary. He and all future candidates must learn that you don't screw over your black electorate to appease racist police unions.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2020 7:26 PM

On Friday, Senator Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) told the Washington Post “I feel like I would have remembered if they would have presented that kind of intel at the briefing. It sounds to me like the administration is panicking a little bit about the soundness of their rationale and deciding to share information with Fox News that they aren’t willing to share with Congress.”

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2020 7:28 PM

This thread is EXACTLY why a white gay man must never rise to the presidency. White liberal allies are afraid to call him out because he's gay. Same way they don't write about the virulent racism we face in gay spaces. Fuck that muppet and fuck you and your hanger on fraus.

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2020 7:45 PM

Joy Reid. Still a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2020 8:03 PM

R57 = Joy Reid.

What is the point of deliberately lying about factual events? Anyone that can read can go to the South Bend Tribune archives and see for themselves what really happened. This stuff was covered in great detail over a period of months. You don’t have to listen to Joy Reid or Kim Kardashian or anybody else to know what happened.

Joy Reid just hates Pete because he’s gay and white. For some reason in this election, it’s now cool for black people to brag about how much they hate whites and gays, use all kinds of slurs for white and gay, and basically act like Trump is their role model. Just because Trump is an asshole doesn’t mean everyone else has to follow him off a cliff.

It’s beyond me how Pete is solely responsible for solving all racism in Indiana, white police officers turning their body cameras off (that Pete bought and ordered them to wear), people not wanting to vote for Julian Castro, who was an uninspiring candidate, people not giving Kamala Harris money, which I guess they didn’t want to do for whatever reason, or any of this other stuff that no one mortal man could possibly have control over, because it’s all about people exercising their free will. Buttigieg is not Charles Xavier. He can’t force people to give money to Castro or Kamala. It’s not his job either.

Are people attacking Warren because people gave money to her and not Kamala? Are people saying Warren has no right to run for President because it’s a POC’s turn? No. Because that’s ridiculous. But somehow Pete is not doing anything different than candidates have ever done, but he’s responsible for helping his opponents win. That sounds like he’s being put in the “woman’s role” in this election - “step back and let others take the lead, you can’t win, don’t be uppity.”

You’d think blacks would have a problem with that, but this is turning into, here’s my chance to get revenge on whitey for everything all white humanity has done for the last three hundred years, all wrapped up in one gay man. He’s being held to a ridiculous double standard nobody else is being held to. It’s like being gay means all the barely held back, seething hostility towards whites can be unleashed because “he’s not a real man,” so it’s allowed.

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2020 8:34 PM

R7 Joy Reid is a homophobic bitch who tried to backpedal on all her shit taking about gay men when she got called out on it. If Pete didn't want to be on her show, the reasons are obvious. She just got shade thrown at her and can't handle it.

by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2020 8:35 PM

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2020 9:53 PM

Funny how the white boys only go after women and minorities who push back on him. Rachel Maddow, the writer from The Root, Meghan McCain and now Joy. You would think white male journalists aren't also talking about the joke that is Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2020 10:18 PM

R77, Nah we gave a lashing to Lawrence O'Donnell before too

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2020 10:23 PM

Homophobe gonna homophobe. Will this reignite interest in Reid's past homophobic postings and her dubious claim that she was hacked when those posts appeared?

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2020 10:30 PM

Joy Reid is so transparent, she doesn’t even make an attempt to disguise her blatant homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2020 10:32 PM

Pete’s black female traveling press sec., Nina Smith, responds to Michael Harriot abt the AM Joy mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2020 10:35 PM

The biggest mess is that rat’s nest on top of Joy’s head.

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2020 10:39 PM

OP, maybe because she’s African American she focuses on African American issues while the 10,000 white cable news show hosts focus on other things.

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2020 10:41 PM

Just a thought

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2020 10:46 PM

The Left Eating Itself: Volume 6,978! Waiting with bated breath for Volume 6,979!

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2020 10:51 PM

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2020 10:54 PM

Pete's a nice boy he is!

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2020 10:56 PM

Well well well:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2020 10:56 PM

the super Pete stans on this site are pathetic. Is it inspiring that a gay guy can run for President and do pretty well in the primary polls? ABSOLUTELY

that does not mean he's immune to criticism. His handling of both policing and internal police department race issues has been atrocious. He himself admitted he was "slow to act." That's not acceptable. Will he be "slow to act" as President when more racial incidents arise?

He means well but clearly he's not ready to handle an entire country if he can't even properly manage his own city. Of course some of the white gays in this thread don't give a fuck about race issues because they don't have to deal with them on a daily basis.

Criticizing Pete does not mean someone is homophobic. Stop being as irrational as the MAGA and Bernie Bro freaks.

by Anonymousreply 89January 12, 2020 10:57 PM

A little historical background:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 12, 2020 10:57 PM

I thought that time-traveling Russian hackers planted those homophonic remarks. s/

by Anonymousreply 91January 12, 2020 10:59 PM

R89 is silly. Cops are racist everywhere, so why should we blame him if some cops in South Bend are racist? Most people who go into law enforcement are right-wing.

You claim that gays aren't aware of racial issues....can't you turn it around and say that straight people don't understand what it's like to be gay?

R85 sounds like a Fox News commentator with the "race baiting" remarks

by Anonymousreply 92January 12, 2020 11:03 PM

R92 nonsensical arguments you're making. No one said everything was Pete's fault but clearly SOME OF IT is. As mayor if there's a problem you've got to find ways to improve the situation. Clearly he did not do that to a satisfactory level and now some of you are getting mad that it's become an issue. Whenever you run for a higher political office there's always going to be some stuff in your past that can be attacked. This is Pete's biggest negative and it's a big one.

As for your other comment, I never said "gays aren't aware of racial issues." I said SOME WHITE GAYS IN THIS THREAD clearly don't understand and that's obvious. Nowhere did I say gays in general or even all white gays. It's beyond obvious from a lot of Pete stan responses in this thread with the deflections of "Joy hates whites and gays." Neither is true.

Additionally, trying to dismiss Pete's racial insensitivity and that of some of his defenders in this thread with "well can't you say straights don't understand gay issues" is another deflection. We're not talking about a candidate who has had negative coverage regarding gay issues. We're talking about a candidate who happens to have a problem with race relations in the city of which he is a mayor. Saying he's being attacked simply for being gay and white is pathetic and untrue.

by Anonymousreply 93January 12, 2020 11:10 PM

Joy Reid and The Root commentator, Michael Harriot, and the panel did a hatchet job on Pete Buttigieg. Doing this with no representative from Pete's campaign is there to respond.

MSNBC needs to be ashamed and apologize to Pete Buttigieg. Even Fox wouldn't be so blatantly obvious with unsubstantiated allegations to this level while using a team attack with zero defense, and I detest Murdoch's outfit.

Reid & company playing the racism and homophobe cards was really ugly.

Jason, Michael, and The Root need to be canned from MSNBC appearances as long as the nasty, disparaging effort to undermine Pete's campaign continues.

by Anonymousreply 94January 12, 2020 11:11 PM

Fire Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 95January 12, 2020 11:13 PM

This whole thing is being drummed you by the right wing. She didn’t even say anything bad.

This is a non event.

by Anonymousreply 96January 12, 2020 11:18 PM

I love Joy and can’t wait to see her next weekend!

by Anonymousreply 97January 12, 2020 11:58 PM

The South will never vote for a homosexual. PERIOD

by Anonymousreply 98January 13, 2020 2:02 AM

I didn,'t see the segment. Did Joy let the viewers know that all of her scoop was uncovered by The Younng Turks? The well known Bernie mouthpiece outlet. I have a hard time taking anything they report seriously. The plan is to destroy everyone not named Bernie Sanders.

It seems like every other source in their reporting is an anonymous email. They have the best sources imo.

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2020 3:21 AM

Oh really r98? Are you from the land of enlightenment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2020 9:55 AM

R100. He is not an out homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2020 10:02 AM

NYC facilitated Trump, let him rise, and he got thrust upon the country. Trump is what eastern establishment liberalism yielded to the world..

by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2020 10:03 AM

Joy Reid is from Brooklyn. Another Trump neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2020 10:07 AM

I’m not convinced Pete is the best candidate, but I am certain that the opposition to him is more to do with projection, jealousy, and grievance than anything real. Booker, Castro, and Harris ran deeply flawed campaigns that failed to connect with voters for reasons that had very little to do with race.

A black gay friend made an early critique of Pete that is telling. He said Pete is like an ugly twink who gets attention for being young and white, while the hotter men of color were ignored. Of course, this guy exclusively dates white men.

by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2020 11:00 AM

R104. He is not wrong. I am referring to your black gay friend.

by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2020 11:53 AM

Well r105 many men of color get attention from the little white twink because of their BBCs.

Is that so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2020 12:08 PM

So basically they need to make Pete out to be a racist to deflect from the overwhelming homophobia of the black community. got it

by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2020 12:21 PM

And racist gonna racist r79

Pete Buttigieg is a racist

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2020 12:24 PM

With this fractiousness and rabid in-fighting among Democrats, no wonder Trump's gonna win again this 2020. RIP world. :(

by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2020 12:29 PM

So what is the final verdict?

Pete is a racist or Joy Ried is a homphobe?

Lets do a poll please

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2020 1:34 PM

Joy and "The Root" trying to portray Pete Buttigieg, in a mean-spirited way, as a cross between David Duke and Pee-wee Herman, for their money-grabbing, racists victimology rants, is not helping the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2020 1:43 PM

I really don't know where Joy's deep-seated hatred for Pete is coming from. It seems she would rather have Trump in office for another 4 years out of spite.

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2020 2:56 PM

Of course, let's tear down the only gay candidate while completely ignoring Biden and Warren's republican past, Biden's history with a pro-segregationist stance, Bernie's dubious issues with state's rights, etc etc. I shouldn't be upset, I knew Pete was doomed from the start due to being an openly gay masculine centrist who defies conventions, but still, the hypocritical brutality against him is unfair. No other candidate is getting shit on in the way he is.

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2020 3:05 PM

So basically you're a racist piece of shit r107

got it

by Anonymousreply 114January 13, 2020 3:05 PM

"No one said everything was Pete's fault but clearly SOME OF IT is. As mayor if there's a problem you've got to find ways to improve the situation."

Huh? How is he supposed to change the fact that lots of cops are racist? Who the fuck would side with a homophobe like Joy on a gay site?

by Anonymousreply 115January 13, 2020 3:22 PM

Pete made a lot of attempts to diversify the police department. He actually commissioned a study to try and figure out where they lose black applicants in the hiring process. Also to figure out why there are so few black applicants.

But he's not a miracle worker.

by Anonymousreply 116January 13, 2020 3:25 PM

Welp, Booker just dropped out. Guess Joy will somehow find a way to blame Pete for that and do a whole segment on her show to trash him some more.

by Anonymousreply 117January 13, 2020 3:33 PM

The unpolitically correct truth about why they can’t get blacks to apply in the police department is that South Bend was losing population for decades, since the Studebaker plant closed in 1963. They’ve lost something like 1/3 of their population since then. Anybody with any brains or talent or ambition left long ago.

What was left is unambitious slackers mostly. That means white racists, and blacks that probably have criminal records or poor grades, maybe not even high school graduates. Pete tried really hard to get blacks to apply for police jobs, and they wouldn’t even apply. If they won’t apply, you can’t hire them. Probably a lot of them didn’t want to work with a bunch of racists, but it’s Indiana.

If you won’t work to improve the situation, the only thing you can do is move, which a lot of intelligent people did. There’s been a brain drain going on there for decades.

As far as people complaining about idiots on the police force, the solution is for people that aren’t idiots to apply for the job. It will never get better if some people aren’t willing to tough it out. Look at what Pete did. He could have gotten a high paying job in New York City, but instead he went to live in a shithole and tried to make it better. There’s nothing stopping blacks from doing the exact same thing. That’s the only way you can improve things. Instead he got shit on for “gentrifying,” when the city had no tax base to do anything because nobody decent would voluntarily live there. Because there was nothing.

If blacks want to live in a poverty-stricken hellhole because any improvement at all raises real estate values, then don’t complain about living in a poverty stricken hellhole. You can’t have it both ways. Some people are just resistant to any change at all, but if your kids are growing up in a lead infested, jobless wasteland, yes, you’re going to have to make some sacrifices to make it better. Including joining the police force. And dealing with the inevitable consequences of more jobs and industry, which means outsiders will want to live there and drive up the real estate market.

by Anonymousreply 118January 13, 2020 3:45 PM

Gurls, gurls, gurls!

It can be true that Joy Reid is a homophobe

AND

It can be true that Peter is a racist!

This is the United States that we're talking about. When confronted with a circumstance in which either one person or another is a bigot. Which one is the bigot? The answer is usually: both of them.

by Anonymousreply 119January 13, 2020 4:28 PM

Gurls, gurls, gurls!

It can be true that Joy Reid is a homophobe

AND

It can be true that Peter is a racist!

This is the United States that we're talking about. When confronted with a circumstance in which either one person or another is a bigot. Which one is the bigot? The answer is usually: both of them.

by Anonymousreply 120January 13, 2020 4:28 PM

Pete buttigieg is not above reproach, PERIOD. He's running for president, and I saw nothing wrong with Joy's show this weekend.

Pete and his police history along with race relations is the problem. He was a lousy mayor, and that's no one's fault but his own.

by Anonymousreply 121January 13, 2020 4:35 PM

Reid used TYT's lousy biased reporting to hit Pete. I certainly never saw her use TYT's reporting to hit Kamala with. She was angry with Tulsi when she did it and accused her of being Russian. Only Kamalas stuff is well documented.

Half of the TYTs claims on Pete are sourced from anonymous emails. And theird and fourth hand accounts that cannot ever be proven.

by Anonymousreply 122January 13, 2020 4:39 PM

r119, there's no evidence Pete is a racist. But there are Joy's blog posts to show she is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 123January 13, 2020 4:51 PM

Pete is being held to impossible standards. It reminds me of how Obama was treated.

by Anonymousreply 124January 13, 2020 5:23 PM

I am in SC. I have spoken with several of the Democratic candidates. Seeing them is not hard. The James Clyburn fish fry was a start.

I heard Biden but did not get close enough to him to communicate. He's not excitement, but knows well the routine.

I chatted with Kamala Harris early, though she has since dropped out. She was very cordial. My impression though, she needed to relax. Gladhand casually, no need to be tense. Enjoy it. I liked her though. Good sense of humor there. She could show it more.

Elizabeth Warren has good campaign skills, but she gravitated to black attendees and younger women. Don't make it so obvious.

I spoke to Amy Klobuchar. She gave a good speech. I could see her 'control' factor.

Mike Bennet is a smart guy. We chatted about education for about three minutes or so This guy should be an upper tier candidate. He's not flashy at all, but is really engaging one to one.

I spoke the longest with Corey Booker. He tries too hard with speeches to sound edgy and inspire. We talked about Cape May and the Pine Barrens in NJ. He's out of the race now.

I went to a Pete Buttigieg event and he greeted each attendee. There were a few younger gay guys there, but he attracted an abundance of highly educated, mostly white professionals. I knew some professors, therapists, and business people there. I was most impressed with Pete.

I never spoke with Sanders or watched his speeches in-person. He does have a nice, upscale campaign office, secluded off a historic side street. Yeah, he has his Bros & committed female supporters that make unnecessary noise, but they appear organized and determined. Not my cup of tea.

Back to Pete. He is certainly very intelligent, knowledgable, articulate, and gave crisp answers. He's open to all support. However, I can see why well-educated, industrious, over-achievers perhaps, gravitate to him.

Expecting him to be a panderer to a specific cultural demographic is not who he is. He'd be more at home conversing with a group of aerospace engineers than a social awareness panel discussing grievances and feelings. That doesn't mean his proposed policies and ideas lack certain sensitivities; rather he comes across as highly pragmatic and systematic. He is more a realist than idealistic, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 125January 13, 2020 5:32 PM

I like Joy, but she is on a mission. LOL of course Pete won't be appearing on her show to be savaged. I will end up voting for whoever is nominated, so I am not getting all riled at this point.

One thing, amidst all the teeth gnashing abt diverse candidates, black voters are not favoring diverse candidates en masse. As a group they are savvier about electable candidates, and they do not want Trump to stay in office. They will come out for Biden if he gets the nomination, he has placed himself as the anti-Trump candidate. Not sure about Warren, they DNW Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 126January 13, 2020 5:40 PM

to my point above

"As long as Joe Biden is in the race, none of the other candidates will snag a majority of the black vote." - J. Capehart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 13, 2020 5:50 PM

A predominance of older, southern black voters in particular are behind Biden. They don't seem obsessed at all that the Democratic candidate needs to be black. Biden is well known, made a lot of political connections for many years. and served with Obama. Many are religious and don't vote based on one or two wedge issues. Biden is seen as the experienced elder politician that can win over the elder, detested Trump.

by Anonymousreply 128January 13, 2020 8:03 PM

What is MSNBC's fascination with The Root anyway? Jason Johnson and Michael Harriot appear to be one-track commentators.

by Anonymousreply 129January 13, 2020 8:32 PM

MSNBC has really doubled down on the idea that Democrats need to mobilize and energize their base of leftists and POC to win. There is mixed evidence on whether that will work, but Joy will have none of that. Even Maddow has given in to her fangirl, polemical side.i wish we could do better.

by Anonymousreply 130January 13, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote]They will come out for Biden if he gets the nomination, he has placed himself as the anti-Trump candidate. Not sure about Warren, they DNW Sanders.

What does DNW mean?

by Anonymousreply 131January 13, 2020 9:21 PM

Remember when that turd Harriott unearthed Pete's remarks from years ago saying what Kamala just wrote in this tweet today, with people insisting it should end his campaign on the spot?

Also never forget that to this day, The Root has only called Pete that "lying MF" slur. No other candidate got that honour. I wonder why...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 13, 2020 9:38 PM

What in either TYT reporting or the reporter from The ROOT was factually incorrect r122

And stop trying to make TYT out to be some kind of left version of the Alt Right. What are you a Russian bot or something?

by Anonymousreply 133January 13, 2020 9:48 PM

Oh please stop with the anti-Joy Reid bullshit

She has never once trashed a guest on her show,. She asks them tough questions and she expects truthful answers. She doesn't interrupt them either. For Pete to think he can send a surrogate to her show while she's had guests like Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris and Cory Booker is the height of arrogance and it speaks to the perception that he doesn't take Black people or their issues seriously.

The fact the most of you here think his problems with Black voters is because of homophobia shows how ill informed most of you are. Some of you are just plain racist.

by Anonymousreply 134January 13, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote]For Pete to think he can send a surrogate to her show while she's had guests like Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris and Cory Booker is the height of arrogance

And appearing on Joy Reid’s show got Kamala Harris and Cory Booker where exactly?

by Anonymousreply 135January 13, 2020 10:03 PM

JFC, Pete HAS been on her damn show.

by Anonymousreply 136January 13, 2020 10:08 PM

[quote] JFC, Pete HAS been on her damn show.

But if he really cared about black people, he would be on her show every week! He's obviously a racist.

by Anonymousreply 137January 13, 2020 10:14 PM

Joy would have some non-black panelists on once in a while if she weren’t a blatant racist.

by Anonymousreply 138January 13, 2020 10:17 PM

Has Bernie been on her show? Since she’s black and a woman, that might be too much identity politics for him to handle.

by Anonymousreply 139January 13, 2020 10:42 PM

R134 Well stated.

by Anonymousreply 140January 14, 2020 12:09 AM

I hope Pete wins but I know it's unlikely. He's having everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him, which has done nothing but reveal the depth of the raw spite America has for an educated, masculine gay white male presidential candidate. People will elect Biden, and when the country goes to shit because old Joe barely knows how to fucking fry an egg on his own, people will once again be scratching their heads just as they were in 2016 wondering what went wrong. The American people are idiots who have a fetish for self-destruction. They don't want somebody like Pete, they want a celebrity. Why else do you think Donald Trump is in office?

by Anonymousreply 141January 14, 2020 1:27 AM

I'm sorry, I do not give three shits if you think it's racist, every gay man who isn't black but has spent a significant amount of time living around black people will tell you the same truth: black people are disproportionately, almost unanimously homophobic. The black community encourages fathers to beat the everloving shit out of their sons the SECOND they show even the tiniest signs of being gay. Ultimately this problem can probably be traced back to white people too, due to most of the homophobia coming from blacks being so dependent on blind faith in christianity (a religion we forced them on) but still, it is inexcusable for them to remain so rigid when the world around them has changed. Stop making excuses for homophobes, regardless of skin color. Nobody gets a free pass for homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 142January 14, 2020 1:32 AM

[quote] I'm sorry, I do not give three shits if you think it's racist, every gay man who isn't black but has spent a significant amount of time living around black people will tell you the same truth: black people are disproportionately, almost unanimously homophobic. The black community encourages fathers to beat the everloving shit out of their sons the SECOND they show even the tiniest signs of being gay. Ultimately this problem can probably be traced back to white people too, due to most of the homophobia coming from blacks being so dependent on blind faith in christianity (a religion we forced them on) but still, it is inexcusable for them to remain so rigid when the world around them has changed. Stop making excuses for homophobes, regardless of skin color. Nobody gets a free pass for homophobia.

Your white supremacist bullshit tirade aside. Based upon the latest polls, Buttigieg is down in the single digits. Neither the majority of black people nor whites support him. Yet every Buttigieg thread is running over with idiotic white supremacist bullshit. They United States is well over 70 percent white (13% black). The majority of whom faithfully vote for an anti gay Republican agenda. Obviously, based upon your logic, it is because their parents beat them. Right?

Democratic voters are looking for someone who can beat Trump and for many, that is their number one priority. The majority of black and white voters are supporting Biden, because they believe he can beat Trump. The latest polling data reflects that. When asked, the majority of black voters choose beating Trump as their number one priority. Which means they aren't supporting Buttigieg, Booker, Klobuchar, Gabbard nor any of the rest who have no chance of beating Trump.

All of these Buttigieg threads are the same. Angry gay white supremacist ranting and raving like they're at a KKK rally. You need to direct your rage at the 70= percent of the country that is white. Stop demanding that 13% of the population save you from yourselves. Then in true white male entitlement fashion, throwing a tantrum and blaming everyone else for you mess. Running in here publishing a laundry list of white supremacist talking points everyday is not going to help Buttigiegs numbers.

Your idiocy is what is inexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 143January 14, 2020 2:30 AM

R143, you need to look up the word “majority,” since your understanding of its meaning is at odds with normal usage and dictionary definitions.

by Anonymousreply 144January 14, 2020 2:35 AM

Biden doesn't need to fry an egg on his own, he'll have talented intelligent and experienced people to do that and help him run the country as well.

by Anonymousreply 145January 14, 2020 4:56 AM

I like Joy, but she should watch herself. Being a weekend show host and the B-team for the top-tier anchors on MSNBC doesn’t mean longevity. Moreover, she should take a look at the polls. Klobuchar took on Pete and chica only rose in the polls two points.

by Anonymousreply 146January 14, 2020 5:09 AM

Pete racking up African-American support and endorsements right and left. He doesn’t have a problem with the blacks. Bernie and Warren do. And Kamala and Booker are black and couldn’t get the black vote.

by Anonymousreply 147January 14, 2020 5:12 AM

Pete buttigieg is not going to be president.

by Anonymousreply 148January 14, 2020 5:18 AM

Please! Stop! This campaign is TEARING us APART!!

by Anonymousreply 149January 14, 2020 5:22 AM

Joy should go sit and spin and STFU.

by Anonymousreply 150January 14, 2020 5:24 AM

Joy did nothing wrong. It's incompetent pete who's the problem.

Not joy.

by Anonymousreply 151January 14, 2020 5:28 AM

[quote] which has done nothing but reveal the depth of the raw spite America has for an educated, masculine gay white male presidential candidate.

I'm sorry, but I don't care about his sexuality or how masculine he may or may not be. I just don't like or trust the guy. That would be the same if he was straight. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2020 5:51 AM

lmfao in every fucking Pete thread a super Pete stan declares "blacks are mostly homophobic"

but but but the MAJORITY OF WHITES ARE REPUBS WHO ROUTINELY VOTE AGAINST GAY RIGHTS.

why not just say the majority of straight people are homophobic? There's no proof black people are more homophobic than white. If anything the majority of black people vote for Democrats who in the last several years have been in favor of lgbt rights

Once again, the super nutty Pete stans are trying to diminish any criticism of Pete down to homophobia which is a lazy and weak argument

by Anonymousreply 153January 14, 2020 5:53 AM

R21, I too wanted Kamala to pick up more support as I both love her as a senator and loved her as a primary candidate. No candidate is perfect, and Pete certainly is not either. I don't like his close ties to Zuckerberg in the slightest. I can't stand that guy and don't trust him - period. I really like Pete otherwise, but I don't know all that much about him either. He lacks congressional experience - which once gained, will really help him in the future. He speaks eloquently and is a very polished and likeable candidate. When it comes to being homophobic, it is impossible to not remember how Kamala fought for gay rights and gay marriage for decades while Pete was hiding out in the closet pretending to be some straight military fitty. I also don't love his constant saccharine religious references; for those of us who do not share his exact same beliefs - they get really annoying. I appreciate that he is now/newly out and proud, but he is still so "green" in his openly gay life....well, give him time and he will get there. Joy does have a right to point out his past and limited qualifications however. The reality is that every politician, much like every human being - is flawed. At this point, we just need to unite as a party and land on our candidate (who will hopefully quickly pick a running mate so that we can all unite and support them both). The infighting is ugly and does nothing but aid the enemy when it comes to winning back our country. We have much bigger enemies to battle with from that other cultish, nasty, lying, cheating, stealing, hypocritical party.

by Anonymousreply 154January 14, 2020 6:01 AM

Joy’s just upset that Kamala and Booker were terrible candidates

by Anonymousreply 155January 14, 2020 6:05 AM

R155, "terrible candidates" is really strong verbage for two heroic Dem senators who have fought the fight against GOP corruption.. Kamala in particular has been such an amazing voice when dealing with so many corrupt Trump thugs. Let's not be nasty; I want to assume that you are actually a Democrat so why don't we try to keep it together and remember who the enemy is and is not..

by Anonymousreply 156January 14, 2020 6:14 AM

[quote] "terrible candidates" is really strong verbage for two heroic Dem senators who have fought the fight against GOP corruption.. Kamala in particular has been such an amazing voice when dealing with so many corrupt Trump thugs.

Kamala Harris is a heroic senator who was a terrible candidate.

by Anonymousreply 157January 14, 2020 6:43 AM

Thank you r143

I see now that the white racists which is the majority of this thread don't really give a crap about facts.

I've asked them more than once to point out any discrepancies in the reporting on this issue and all they do is come back with racist screaming tantrums.

I'm willing to listen, maybe they're some slight errors in the reporting that I did know about, I can't find any but who knows.

But nope. Just more Of the same tired lies about black people being more homophobic then white people blah blah blah.

Anyone who really believes that blacks are more homophobic than whites are racist.

by Anonymousreply 158January 14, 2020 9:13 AM

Whoever said Pete is racking up African American support and endorsements right and left and doesn't have a problem with the blacks is insane. The Washington Post poll over the weekend showed him with a paltry 2% of African American support. He's gotten like one or two endorsements recently from blacks if consequence while Biden is the only one that truly has been "racking them up".

I'm in no way anti-Pete, I actually like the guy but when a candidate's supporters blatantly lie like this its a disservice to the person they think they are helping because all it does is turn people off who don't want to join a bunch of deluded liars.

by Anonymousreply 159January 14, 2020 10:13 AM

R159. When I read the poster comment above I laughed. Bitch is delusional just like their petey and a pathological liar like him. We haven't forgotten the fake photos of his African-americans.

by Anonymousreply 160January 14, 2020 10:31 AM

Cheap shots by Reid & Harr.iot. They don't get to say anything they want without blowback.

by Anonymousreply 161January 14, 2020 11:00 AM

Joy Reid is rivaling Don Lemon for dumbest person on cable TV.

by Anonymousreply 162January 14, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote] Her first problem is that she’s a homophobe. Her second problem is that she’s a racist who is majorly butthurt that voters said “NO” to Harris, Booker, Castro, and every POC candidate so far.

[quote] MSNBC can’t decide if the official story is that black voters just haven’t heard of Pete, or if it’s that black voters don’t like his policies. Because they have been parroting both, but both of those theories can’t be true. Of course they would never explore the possibility that the black community is homophobic.

[quote] Blacks are low-information voters.

[quote] Harris locked up criminals. It’s not her fault that most criminals are black.

[quote] Her “panels” are always all black people. I didn’t realize MSNBC had become BET.

[quote] Joy Reid is so transparent, she doesn’t even make an attempt to disguise her blatant homophobia.

[quote] The biggest mess is that rat’s nest on top of Joy’s head.

[quote] And appearing on Joy Reid’s show got Kamala Harris and Cory Booker where exactly?

[quote] Joy would have some non-black panelists on once in a while if she weren’t a blatant racist.

[quote] Joy Reid is rivaling Don Lemon for dumbest person on cable TV.

Is anybody really supposed to take your bullshit seriously? Reid has a undergraduate degree from Harvard and her first book (published last yr) was a New York Times Best Seller,

Other than posting redundant, nonsensical, white supremacist bullshit to the internet. What are your credentials? KKK membership? Trolling 101 certificate? Your white supremacist opinions are no substitute for facts, nor do they = a valid argument.

Joy has a degree from Harvard. Don Lemon has a degree from Louisiana State. Unlike, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Chuck Todd, all prominent white males working in media, who don't have college degrees.

by Anonymousreply 163January 14, 2020 1:26 PM

[quote]Don Lemon has a degree from Louisiana State.

Well, Don must be happy today with LSU winning the football championship last night.

by Anonymousreply 164January 14, 2020 2:10 PM

R164 They were playing against Clemson. You don't get a medal for beating an armless man at arm wrestling or a retarded man at Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 165January 14, 2020 2:46 PM

R164 They were playing against Clemson. You don't get a medal for beating an armless man at arm wrestling or a retarded man at Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 166January 14, 2020 2:46 PM

"All of these Buttigieg threads are the same. Angry gay white supremacist ranting and raving like they're at a KKK rally."

Because anyone defending a gay man against homophobia is a racist *rolls eyes*

Maybe save your hate for Joy, a woman who made hateful comments about gays, and didn't even have the guts to own up to her comments, instead making up a bunch of lies about being "hacked"

by Anonymousreply 167January 14, 2020 4:06 PM

Honestly all this focus on Buttigieg by Reid and her panel comes down to one simple thing: they cannot fathom how a gay white mayor of a small-to-medium-size town got as far as he has, while Harris, Booker, and Castro didn't. It absolutely burns them to no end, but they are ignoring the fact that - whether you support Buttigieg or not - Pete has run a very successful, well-organized campaign and he's clearly saying a lot of things that resonate with some of the Democrat voters.

To them (and others) he lacks the kind of experience on a national level that Harris, Booker, and Castro had to varying degrees. And that's true to a degree. And yet, these more experienced candidates never really caught on, so perhaps a look at their faults as candidates would be more instructive in the long run vs. all the Pete bashing that is just a lot of hot air.

I don't watch Reid's show, so am curious if she and her anti-Pete Posse have ever had a deep discussion of why Black voters never coalesced around Harris, Booker, or Castro as opposed to the old white guy Biden. I wonder if they've ever discussed why the Squad wound up endorsing not one of the candidates of color but another old white guy, Bernie Sanders. If not, then I have to believe that these are questions that are too uncomfortable for Reid and her panel to handle.

by Anonymousreply 168January 14, 2020 9:07 PM

Various people on CNN have been saying all day how unfair it is that the field is not diverse and how it’s somebody’s fault that the field is not more racially diverse and what we really need is more racially diverse candidates. Cory Booker was one of them.

Apparently these people have already forgotten that this field was already the most diverse field ever. Kamala, Booker, Warren, Yang, Klobuchar, Buttigieg are all minorities or female. The Republicans are running an old white man, period.

Just because minorities run for President, appear at numerous nationally televised debates, campaign and do personal appearances, DOES NOT entitle them to win the election or be Vice President. The job title they’re competing for isn’t Token Minority. It’s an important job and it deserves to be filled by the most qualified person. “Qualified” includes the ability to make people want to vote for you. There’s no getting out of that one.

Minorities have been part of this election cycle. People didn’t want to vote for most of them and that’s their prerogative. Having a colorful skin doesn’t guarantee you’re a political genius. We are not going to have an affirmative action President.

What we do have right now is candidates trying to make the most of their two minutes in the debates, competing against a too large field for far too short a time, and using their time to attack other candidates to get attention. That’s weakening all the candidates, but especially the eventual nominee, who has to go into battle with Trump torn apart and bleeding from fourth tier candidates who don’t know when to quit.

Only one person can be President. It’s not a great character failure not to be that one. Trying to drag the rest of the field down with you, or inviting surrogates to rip apart your competition with slurs and lies, is not helping yourself or anybody else in the long run. That’s probably why Kamala really quit. Better to leave on good terms for next time, than make a losing battle into a bloodbath.

There is nothing more annoying than some idiot with no judgment claiming third and fourth tier candidates should stay in and split money and support away from first tier candidates, for the sake of having different skin colors on stage. Either people like you or they don’t. This isn’t a joke, and this is not the time to make a joke out of it.

by Anonymousreply 169January 14, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote]I don't watch Reid's show, so am curious if she and her anti-Pete Posse have ever had a deep discussion of why Black voters never coalesced around Harris, Booker, or Castro as opposed to the old white guy Biden.

Her panelists always say something like “America is so racist that black voters don’t believe a person of color could be elected. And now let’s talk about how Pete Buttigieg is a racist.”

by Anonymousreply 170January 14, 2020 9:16 PM

Americans are so racist they elected a black guy with good game, President for two terms, but since there isn’t a similar minority with similar good game this time, anyone who doesn’t vote for mediocre candidates of color is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 171January 14, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote]We are not going to have an affirmative action President.

See that’s the problem. Joy Reid and her ilk believe that Affirmative Action should apply to everything in life, including the Presidency. She doesn’t understand why voters don’t automatically choose a candidate based solely on their minority status.

by Anonymousreply 172January 14, 2020 9:21 PM

Twitter has been flooded today with people that want Biden to pick various VPs based on skin color and whether they’re cute, “because that’s going to help him win.”

Biden is going to be what? 78? Forget about the skin deep qualities, he needs to pick a capable President. And that is not Beto, who blew his wad in Texas, or Kamala, who can’t bring the Midwest and isn’t any more popular with blacks than Biden is already. He has to pick somebody that will bring additional votes to the ticket. He’s got California. He’s got blacks. He needs the Midwest. If Beto could carry Texas, that would be great, but Texas is red and he can’t deliver it.

Pick somebody that can help win, for God’s sake, not dead weight.

by Anonymousreply 173January 14, 2020 9:27 PM

[quote]He has to pick somebody that will bring additional votes to the ticket. He’s got California. He’s got blacks. He needs the Midwest.

That’s exactly why he needs to pick Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 174January 14, 2020 9:33 PM

R173 He needs someone younger, smart and hardworking, because let's face it, J. Biden is old and it's gonna be the VP who is gonna carry out most day to day stuff. The smart and sensible choice would be P. Buttigieg, but I am afraid, that smart and sensible is not necessary on their mind.

by Anonymousreply 175January 14, 2020 9:34 PM

Biden’s best choices for VP would be Buttigieg and Klobuchar.

The only other choice I like even more is Sherrod Brown, who would bring a lot to the ticket and be able to take over on day one, but we would lose his seat. If you’re going by losing a Congressional seat alone, Buttigieg and Biden is the best team. Neither one would lose a seat.

by Anonymousreply 176January 14, 2020 9:40 PM

The racists have really taken over this thread

by Anonymousreply 177January 14, 2020 9:42 PM

Biden’s ticket will not be two white men.

by Anonymousreply 178January 14, 2020 9:45 PM

Well, R178, if we don’t hold the House and ideally take the Senate, even if we win the Presidency it’s going to be four more years of Mitch McConnell, who seems to be the real President at this point. We’ll lose the Supreme Court, Trump will ram through a thousand more pro life judges, and the whole country will go to hell.

Just how important is that token VP to you? The rules haven’t changed for elections. The nominee gets a VP that can win some more states for him or her, while not doing any harm to the Congressional majority. Period.

by Anonymousreply 179January 14, 2020 9:54 PM

What actually is wrong with Joy’s hairline? She seems to be nearly bald under the wigs and the weave.

Has she accused Pete of pulling her hair out yet?

by Anonymousreply 180January 14, 2020 10:08 PM

The distress of Pete’s existence is causing her hair to fall out. Decades of straightener use is merely a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 181January 14, 2020 10:13 PM

Joy’s fat ugly ass with that cheap wig needs to eat another donut so nobody has to hear her talk.

by Anonymousreply 182January 14, 2020 10:18 PM

[quote] Beto, who blew his wad in Texas

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 183January 14, 2020 11:13 PM

R146 Kamala and Booker were terrible presidential candidates. If they weren’t, they’d still be in the race. I’m from California and voted for Kamala, but I can’t stand her.

by Anonymousreply 184January 14, 2020 11:15 PM

While I will admit that neither Kamala nor Booker ran perfect campaigns - neither are "terrible candidates" either. The field has included like 25 or so candidates this past year. Only one can emerge a victor. Kamala got out at the right time. She may be a VP pick or she may just head back to the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 185January 14, 2020 11:19 PM

Kamala’s in a good position for a cabinet position, or to run against in the future. She got out early before too much damage was done and too much mud slung.

by Anonymousreply 186January 14, 2020 11:30 PM

I didn't read all 186 comments; how many black officers filed complaints prior to Pete running?

by Anonymousreply 187January 15, 2020 12:22 AM

Doesn’t the network have any input on a host making vague accusations that are not based on any facts? Saying “Wow” Is not proof of wrongdoing

Maybe Joy has just now discovered that the police chief, who’s been screaming racism for years and has no proof to back up his unsubstantiated claims, has now retired and can therefore make up anything he likes, since he’s in the private sector now.

by Anonymousreply 188January 15, 2020 12:38 AM

For R187, what happened is this:

When Pete was first elected Mayor, he interviewed several people from within the department for the job of police chief. Pete decided to keep the existing police chief after all and didn’t hire anybody.

After the interviews, the existing black police chief found out. He approached one of his white subordinates that had interviewed, called him a “traitor,” and bugged the interviewees’ phones out of revenge.

In their state, you cannot bug anyone without their knowledge. He did not have a warrant because they weren’t actually suspected of any illegality. He just was looking for dirt on them so he could get rid of them. The FBI became aware of this illegal bugging and told Pete the police chief was under investigation. Pete attempted to fire him, but there was such an outcry in the black community that he demoted him instead and got a new police chief. The new guy was white. He could not find black candidates. South Bend at that time was a very poor city with very high unemployment, and he had a hard time getting anybody. Again, black locals were outraged he couldn’t produce a black replacement out of thin air. It was his fault he couldn’t find a black person that was willing to leave a better position and come to a dying town for low pay. This was evidence Pete was a racist.

Meanwhile, the black police chief found out the FBI was investigating him and realized he was in trouble. He claimed the two white employees were racists, claimed they called him racial slurs on the tape, and sued the city. Pete received the tapes and turned them immediately over to a judge that was handling the case. He did not listen to them because he was trying to avoid the appearance of bias. The judge sealed the tapes. The police chief has claimed the two white cops said all kinds of things no one has ever heard. They deny it and countersued.

Meanwhile, the police chief, that propagandists have claimed was “fired out of revenge by racist Pete,” continued to serve another five years and then retired, receiving his pension. He’s out of there. The lawsuit has dragged on and I don’t think anyone has heard the tape to this day, unless the judge heard it.

So here’s the racism: interviewed replacements for a job;

When he found out the FBI was investigating a law enforcement employee for breaking the law, he tried to fire him;

Instead of making the tape public, he handed it over to the judge;

Hired a white guy to replace the black police chief.

To make matters worse, a local woman, Regina King, bought six or seven houses in very bad states of repair and then would not bring them up to code or tear them down. This started years before Pete was there. The authorities finally gave up on her and tore the houses down after she refused to do repairs and continue to buy more run down shacks instead. She blamed Pete and started the meme that he was just tearing down people’s houses that they lived in, out of corporate greed. She started the rumors that he was throwing people out of their houses, in reality, no one was thrown out of a house they lived in. Pete gave people grants to repair houses they lived in. Not vacant investment houses. About 40% of tagged houses were repaired, not torn down. She later ran for Mayor to replace Pete and came in sixth. She was up and down about Pete, at one point endorsing him for President, when she lost the race, she went back to attacking him again. The person who won was endorsed by Pete. She seems unstable, sometimes she’s reasonable and sometimes she’s a shit-stirrer. The city had dealt with her for years and she wouldn’t work with them about her houses. She was well known by them long before Pete.

by Anonymousreply 189January 15, 2020 1:18 AM

THANK YOU !!! R189 for spelling out the truth that no one seems to want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 190January 15, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote] THANK YOU !!! [R189] for spelling out the truth that no one seems to want to hear.

The truth is that Pete will not win the nomination in this country that is well over 70+ percent white, not because of black peoples. Instead because of whites. The majority of whom will continue supporting the Republican Party and it’s anti gay agenda. Buttigieg is down to the single digits. The majority of whites nor blacks currently support him. Thread after thread of racial hatred directed at black people will not change that. However, it does expose what we already inherently know to be true about America and white gays. Its really disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 191January 15, 2020 2:00 AM

Calling out blacks for homophobia is “racist and disgusting”? Are we allowed to call out individuals that have acted terribly and irrationally at all, or is that racist too?

by Anonymousreply 192January 15, 2020 2:27 AM

Joy has a loving heart.

by Anonymousreply 193January 15, 2020 2:30 AM

R192 white people have a very long ungodly history of racism. Why do you think that word is so heavily synonymous with white people?

American history will always frown upon white Americans. And believe me, they deserve that frown.

They've earned it.

by Anonymousreply 194January 15, 2020 3:49 AM

So if Pete would have just hired one of the people he interviewed then none of this would’ve happened. His mistake was giving the old police chief a chance instead of going with his first instinct of bringing in new blood.

by Anonymousreply 195January 15, 2020 4:15 AM

Pete's crime is his lack of pandering. He doesn't negotiate with terrorists and it bites him in the ass every time.

by Anonymousreply 196January 15, 2020 4:17 AM

R175, I like the beginning of your comment and I agree with it - but your conclusion just makes very little sense to anyone who examines the facts. All of us can love Pete until the cows come home - but none of us can create a congressional resume that he just doesn't have. Being the mayor of a teeny, tiny, poor, "nothing" town in a poor, "nothing" state does not qualify Pete as the "smartest" and "most sensible" choice. Independent colleges (70,000 plus) have populations that come close to that of South Bend, Indiana (100,000). Pete seems like a great guy for the most part and I really like him - but his cult just does not take into account the facts about his lack of political experience. He doesn't have anywhere near the knowledge that Liz, Kamala, Amy, etc. bring to the table. Many other choices are just far more qualified. IF there is proof that he can bring the votes needed (despite all of the GOP lying, cheating and stealing that we will no doubt face no matter the chosen ticket), then I am game to choose Pete. Otherwise, we have better VP choices. Winning back the presidency and the congress have to be the only goals. Remaining a democratic republic verses turning into a dictatorship makes this point in history more critical than ever. Pete needs a cabinet role; his political experience is limited at best but his potential is really huge.

by Anonymousreply 197January 15, 2020 4:19 AM

She's back at it right now with after debates commentary with you guessed it 3 other black commentators and one white guy. She is obsessed with taking down Pete.

by Anonymousreply 198January 15, 2020 7:23 AM

R15 Pete did more for blacks in South Bend as Mayor, than Obama did for blacks as President in 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 199January 15, 2020 7:32 AM

Can you imagine if a host on MSNBC went on and on for 20 minutes with all white guys agreeing with him about how the black community will not take responsibility for causes of black poverty and crime? It's outrageous that Joy gets to do this bias viewpoint for so long unchecked and unbalanced like that. MSN is turning into Fox News!

Why no gay men on that hit job Joy?

by Anonymousreply 200January 15, 2020 9:19 AM

Consistently, Pete blames African-Americans for the negative and compounding effects that they experienced from Slavery and Racism. More icing on the his racist cake, he is patronizing and condescending to African-Americans in general, and especially his AA constituents in this Small Town, where he is suppose to be their Mayor. The people there do not like him.

by Anonymousreply 201January 15, 2020 9:36 AM

[quote]Pete blames African-Americans for the negative and compounding effects that they experienced from Slavery and Racism

That's BS and you know it. Link Please or you are just full of shit.

Stop spreading lies.

by Anonymousreply 202January 15, 2020 10:02 AM

R199. You provide good comedy. If you believe what you just typed then you are really dumb and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 203January 15, 2020 10:07 AM

[quote]All of us can love Pete until the cows come home - but none of us can create a congressional resume that he just doesn't have.

I dont want a congressional Resume for President, I want a smart guy who is young and can make good decisions on the fly. You theory about lack of experience is a talking point of the old guard. If our founding fathers wanted that they would have pushed the minimum age of President up to 60. But they did not. They set it at 35. THIRTY FIVE. and why? Because they felt that old enough to do the job. He has more experience than almost anyone else who ever ran at that age.

by Anonymousreply 204January 15, 2020 10:09 AM

Guarantee if Obama was ran with the same credentials as Pete and served in the military, AM Joy would be singing the praises of him, a patriot! A Rhodes Scholar! Not tearing him down and not trying to use lack of experience as a thinly veiled cover for homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 205January 15, 2020 10:13 AM

The Root, with Jason Johnson.& Michael Harriot are MSNBC favorites. MSNBC had Jason on a panel last night after the debate. What did he first do when it was his turn to comment on the debate? He took a jabb at a Buttigieg answer in a racial context.

Is MSNBC going to have any guest/anchor/commentator present to counter the jabs at Buttigieg on racial matters from any of Joy, Jason, Michael, etc. No. That is the programming failure. No defense provided in real time for ugly attacks.

These peddlers of distorted narratives then claim they are the victims when flaws in their messaging and tactics are critiqued outside the studio.

by Anonymousreply 206January 15, 2020 11:17 AM

Everything Michael Harriott and Joy Reid reported about Pete Buttigieg was true, none of the facts are in dispute. Prove me wrong racist trolls.

by Anonymousreply 207January 15, 2020 12:30 PM

Pete doesn't have any fucking credentials.

The fact that a mayor who's never been elected to statewide offices because he kept getting rejected by the voters, who's never gotten more than 8500 votes with his thin fucking resume and no political accomplishments to speak of can be vaulted to the top shows you just how racist this country is.

If All Obama had to his claim to fame was that he was the mayor of a small town he would have been laughed out of the presidential race

by Anonymousreply 208January 15, 2020 12:34 PM

Joy, Jason and such don't like it when they are asked to defend their remarks. They only flourish in staged, zero opposition settings. Fans calling others racists is projection, and are the true trolls. It's time they get called on it.

by Anonymousreply 209January 15, 2020 1:43 PM

BS Obama was the golden boy from day one. Blacks came out in record numbers because he was black. That’s a fact.

by Anonymousreply 210January 15, 2020 2:20 PM

“ no political accomplishments to speak of can be vaulted to the top shows you just how racist this country is”

That is such a lie, stop projecting your own racism on to him. The fact that there were 4 other people of color when the race started and the black vote didn’t lift a finger to support them is not white peoples fault. Look in the mirror hunty!

by Anonymousreply 211January 15, 2020 2:29 PM

There’s a couple of unrelated to Pete issues here that affect the election. Pete is not running in a vacuum.

Elizabeth Warren, who most would concede is qualified to be President, is being ripped apart on twitter by Bernie Bros, who are claiming she “betrayed Bernie,” and “lied” when she said Bernie said a woman couldn’t be elected. Last night at the end of the debate, she refused to shake hands with a Bernie. There’s more going on there than we can see from the outside. “Warren is a Snake” has been trending since last night. People are also asking for their money back from her campaign.

If Warren can’t get Bernie Bro support, she’s unelectable. She’s the second choice of the Bros, if Bernie has to drop out, and now that’s over.

I think a big part of what’s going on with Pete now is comparable to what happened in Ukraine. They had a very corrupt government, the people didn’t trust any of them. So they elected an actor who played the President in a comedy. That guy has zero political experience. That’s the President of Ukraine now. They knew damn well he had no experience. That’s exactly why they hired him. I think some of the Pete support may be people who are framing it as “a fresh face,” but at some level it’s, “at least we know he’s not a Russian asset.”

In other news, the entire Russian government just resigned at Putin’s “request,” to make room for him to totally redo their constitution to give himself unlimited power. Now watch Trump try the same thing. We are about to go through an extreme crisis. There’s only one way to stop Trump from doing the same thing, and it’s not to get rid of Trump alone. All his supporters have to go. As well as anyone suspected of taking Russian money. Putin is the real snake here. Who knows how many of those Warren tweets are Russian.

by Anonymousreply 212January 15, 2020 2:44 PM

Did you even read my post r210

and you don't know history. Obama wasn't even winning the Black vote until his shocking win in the Iowa caucuses.

Just more lies from racist trolls.

by Anonymousreply 213January 15, 2020 3:05 PM

[quote]they would have pushed the minimum age of President up to 60. But they did not. They set it at 35. THIRTY FIVE. and why? Because they felt that old enough to do the job.

To be fair, a 35 year old man back in 1776 was likely to have a different maturity and world experience level than someone that age today.

by Anonymousreply 214January 15, 2020 3:15 PM

What are his politcal accomplishments r211

Don't give me his fucking college transcript either because I don't care about it

State Attorney General, nope Secretary of state of Indiana, nope Congressman, nope Governor,nope Lieutenant Gov, nope Head of the DNC which he ran for, nope Senator, nope State Senator, nope

He's done nothing, he is nothing, he's a lying, untrustworthy, racist piece of shit(based on his words and deeds) and I hope Senator Keene... oh excuse me I mean Mayor Pete gets no where near the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 215January 15, 2020 3:18 PM

Well, you can just have Trump then. Happy?

by Anonymousreply 216January 15, 2020 3:25 PM

There’s some really extreme trolls on here who just keep screaming racist, racist, and lying. They don’t back up anything they’re saying, they just screech hysterically. Russian, Trumpers, or just American homophobes?

by Anonymousreply 217January 15, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote] The Root, with Jason Johnson.& Michael Harriot are MSNBC favorites. MSNBC had Jason on a panel last night after the debate. What did he first do when it was his turn to comment on the debate? He took a jabb at a Buttigieg answer in a racial context.

All of MSNBC's prime-time hosts are white, so to compensate, MSNBC loads up its shows with black panelists (or, in Ari Melber's case, rappers). That would be fine, in theory, except that most of those panelists are so fixated on race issues that they view everything through the lens of race. MSNBC won't challenge any of them for fear of being accused of racism.

by Anonymousreply 218January 15, 2020 4:01 PM

Because the one black host they do have is a known homophobe. Long before Pete came along

by Anonymousreply 219January 15, 2020 4:06 PM

Put your money where your mouth is r217

What in Michael Harriott's reporting on Mayor White Privilege was factually incorrect?

by Anonymousreply 220January 15, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote] All of MSNBC's prime-time hosts are white, so to compensate, MSNBC loads up its shows with black panelists (or, in Ari Melber's case, rappers). That would be fine, in theory, except that most of those panelists are so fixated on race issues that they view everything through the lens of race. MSNBC won't challenge any of them for fear of being accused of racism.

1. You obviously don’t watch MSNBC hosts and panelists are white.

2. Your comments are shaped by your non biased post racial lens right?

3. Since we’re offering broad generalizations. Whites view “everything” through a white centered lens.

by Anonymousreply 221January 16, 2020 12:03 AM

Again:

The truth is that Pete will not win the nomination in this country that is well over 70+ percent white, not because of black peoples. Instead because of whites. The majority of whom will continue supporting the Republican Party and it’s anti gay agenda. Buttigieg is down to the single digits. The majority of whites nor blacks currently support him. Thread after thread of racial hatred directed at black people will not change that. However, it does expose what we already inherently know to be true about America and white gays. Its really disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 222January 16, 2020 12:09 AM

Correction:

1. You obviously don’t watch MSNBC most hosts and panelists are white.

by Anonymousreply 223January 16, 2020 12:10 AM

Based on my reading of datalounge over the last 10 years. I can safely say that there is no American more racist than the gay white male.

Of course that's just anecdotal evidence and can't be proven but.... ..

by Anonymousreply 224January 16, 2020 9:13 AM

[quote]Pete doesn't have any fucking credentials.

Neither does AM Joy.

by Anonymousreply 225January 16, 2020 11:06 AM

[quote]Buttigieg is down to the single digits.

No he is not, stop lying and making up facts. What color is the sky in your world? He is consistnatly in the top 3 and beats Trump hands down.

Pete Buttigieg has 48 percent vs Trump 43 percent; - Quinnipiac University National Poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 16, 2020 11:19 AM

R224, your “analysis” (which you acknowledge lacks any evidence other than your say so) is utterly ridiculous. You suggest that white gay men (who you can apparently spot with unerring accuracy on an anonymous web board) are more racist than any other group. Try visiting 4chan and 8chan? Gays are more racist than the KKK?

But you need your hyperbole to shame gay white men Into submission. Rather than work with acknowledged problems in the gay community, you prefer to single out one segment (which just happens to be the most privileged of an otherwise reviled group). Why is that? Your psychology is your own business, but I suspect this is at least partly because you know many white guys don’t want to be racist and will take your critique far more seriously than it deserves.

I am not sold on Mayor Pete, but it appalling to see him become the focal point of rage by people who should be directing it at the real enemy.

by Anonymousreply 227January 16, 2020 11:43 AM

AM Joy isn't running for President either r225

by Anonymousreply 228January 16, 2020 11:52 AM

The "gays are more racist than any other group" shit is a homophobic battle cry for the collection of race trolls that come to the DL in droves now.

by Anonymousreply 229January 16, 2020 11:57 AM

Pete is the focal point of rage by those of us who don't want another racist in the White House. It's true he may not be a put brown kids in cages kind of racist but he is the type of racist but He is the kind who would run a racist police department. The kind who would tell a group of white HS students that the founding fathers didn't realize that slavery was wrong. He's that kind of racist.

by Anonymousreply 230January 16, 2020 12:02 PM

The amount of homophobia that's congregated on this site in the recent months is disturbing. If Pete's a racist than you're a homophobe, darling.

by Anonymousreply 231January 16, 2020 12:07 PM

Then. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 232January 16, 2020 12:08 PM

Im gay and r229

Im not a homophobe and I don't hate myself either.

I was clearly using hyperbole to talk about the amount of racist posts I see in this thread. Datalounge is the home of racist gays. Some of the comments on datalounge would make Stephen Miller blush.

by Anonymousreply 233January 16, 2020 12:08 PM

I never watched Joy Reid before but MSNBC had post debate coverage on late Tuesday which came on after Brian Williams. I tried to watch and was disgusted by her and her race obsessed panel.

Rather than report on the debate, all they did was complain to each other about the lack of diversity on the stage and how it was unjust and unrepresentative of the Democratic party whose base they argued was not merely blacks but black women specifically.

Kamala dropped out herself, she was not removed by the Democratic party! Should we have dropped the rules and stuck Stacy Abrams up there to appease Joy Reid and company?

As I said I had never watched her before but had seen the complaints on DL and now I understand why. Shame on MSNBC for putting on such blatant racist trash.

by Anonymousreply 234January 16, 2020 12:15 PM

[quote]AM Joy isn't running for President either

Wow, over you head. The point was she was not any more qualified to critique it.

by Anonymousreply 235January 16, 2020 12:17 PM

R233, you were not “using” hyperbole. You cited 10 years of experience on this cite to make the claim that no one is more racist than American gay males. Now you are backing out and saying it’s only this thread. Again, how do you know who the white gays are, how do you know they are expressing opinions rather than trolling people like you, and how do you extrapolate these posts to white gays?

Stephen Miller would not blush. If this were a right-wing site, they would post pictures of various simians and that would be their critique of Joy. They certainly would not be bothered by her homophobic history or her implausible attempt to explain it.

R230, your reasoning seems clouded by rage and other emotions. Buttigieg did not “run a racist police department” - please explain that wild claim (preferably with evidence). And if your best shot is that Buttigieg mistakenly characterized the Founding Fathers, please explain how all but Adams owned slaves and preserved slavery in the Constitution while thinking slavery was wrong? Let’s face it - you would rather flip out about the white gay.

by Anonymousreply 236January 16, 2020 12:18 PM

[quote]Datalounge is the home of racist gays

And Lipstick Alley is land of the Homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 237January 16, 2020 12:21 PM

I don't get why all the homophobes are on this site. This ain't the place for that. Lipstick Alley is just a click away.

by Anonymousreply 238January 16, 2020 12:24 PM

This site has been hacked by racists posing as white gays. Oh, shit, Joy Reid already used that excuse.

Hacking, I was hacked I never said fags should burn in hell, I could have but I didnt. Other people might say it but I would never. Magic hackers did it to make me look bad. - Joy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 16, 2020 12:28 PM

No one believes you Joy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240January 16, 2020 12:31 PM

LGBTQ Group Pulls Joy Reid’s Award Over Anti-Gay Blog Posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241January 16, 2020 12:32 PM

It's true, I lied. I really did post those homophobic remarks on my blog. My bad.

But hopefully that wont stop MSNBC from letting me bash the only gay presidential candidate 10 times more than any of the others. Lets get a back panel on there and we will just project all the white hate we have at him like it's his fault for what others have done. That way we can just pretend he is racist and qualified as our cover. I mean you know, the lie almost worked about hacking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 16, 2020 12:37 PM

Homophobic black people have discovered they can use race as a shield against criticism towards their homophobia. You think it's wrong that I hate gays? That makes you a racist. They've discovered they can use that argument as a way to get away with being open about their hatred of gays, because it'd be racist to tell a black homophobe that it's not okay.

by Anonymousreply 243January 16, 2020 12:42 PM

Great Twitter thread from yesterday from a lawyer, which confirms my suspicions about homophobic undertones in Harriot's intifada against Pete.

[quote]How do I know Michael Harriot is motivated by homophobia in his intensely personal, almost obsessive, criticism of Mayor Pete? Well, it starts with my legal training and experience. Doing race and sex discrimination cases in the employment tribunal, I had several that involved a white/male boss singling out black or women employees for harassment. The harassment was not explicitly sexist or racist. In other words, they didn't use sexist or racial epithets ('bitch', the N-word, etc). But when you have a manager with nine male employees under him, and one female, and he consistently and disproportionately targets the woman for intense criticism, harassment, etc, then that is sufficient to draw an inference as to what is motivating it. If you are singling out the one employee with a certain characteristic for treatment that you do not direct to the other employees who don't share that characteristic, that can provide sufficient evidence to make out a case of racial or sexist harassment under the Equality Act.

[quote]These days, bigots are often shrewd enough not to use explicitly bigoted language. You find the evidence of the discriminatory motivation in the disproportionate treatment meted out to the employee who holds that protected characteristic. Companies defending such a claim will often use what's known as the "bastard defence", that is that they are cruel and mean to everyone. And if they can prove that, if they can prove they have not *disproportionately* singled out the employee in question, their defence will succeed. In the case of Harriot, he could not successfully bring the "bastard defence". He holds Mayor Pete to standard he does not hold other candidates. He singles him out for particularly vitriolic language ("lying MFer") that is completely illogical and excessive.

[quote]The Root has even shuffled up to the line of incitement, saying protesters are "coming for Pete's neck" Harriot does not treat the other candidates in this way. He does not question their right to be on the stage. In terms of the issue of candidate diversity, he does not hold white privilege against the other candidates. He only questions the right of the sole gay candidate to be a part of this process, and does so with disproportionately vitriolic, vulgar and aggressive language. We have to call bigotry out when we see it. And it's not enough any more to say, "I didn't call him a fag so I can't be homophobic". His actions tell the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 16, 2020 2:48 PM

Scream all you want bigots but Mayor Pete will never get the nomination.

It must pain you guys so much that the Black vote is so essential to getting the nomination in the Democratic party.

If Blacks are so racist then why is Joe Biden polling so well to the detriment of all of the Black former candidates.

If Blacks are so homophobic then why support the Democratic party at all? Black people know it's the party of "gays"

And I'm still waiting for a factual rebuttal to the Michael Harriott piece.

by Anonymousreply 245January 16, 2020 3:07 PM

[quote]And I'm still waiting for a factual rebuttal to the Michael Harriott piece.

Here you go - a factual rebuttal of the crap Harriot used for his piece.

[quote]It must pain you guys so much that the Black vote is so essential to getting the nomination in the Democratic party.

Nope, though I do wish Latinos were awarded the same reverence.

[quote]Scream all you want bigots but Mayor Pete will never get the nomination.

We'll just have to wait and see for that one, won't we, darling? And you might want to take a walk and get some fresh air - a full third of this thread are your angry homophobic posts. Just sayin'. 💅

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 16, 2020 3:14 PM

Order of the Coif r246

Your kidding right?

Dude, try harder

by Anonymousreply 247January 16, 2020 8:56 PM

That order of the coif guy isn't even an American. He's over in the fucking UK. These foreigners sticking their noses in our business as Americans, is a big park of the fucking problem.

He said he's a UK supporter of pete buttigieg, but he can't vote for him, so what he thinks is completely irrelevant. And fuck him. He should be worried about Brexit in his own country.

And pete buttigieg is still out of touch and a fucking racist. Fuck him and his cult like followers. And fuck R244 toom

by Anonymousreply 248January 16, 2020 9:59 PM

R244 We fought a war to get away from Britain, and their still trying to butt into American politics. And your welcoming it, with that Twitter user.

Don't do that again please.

by Anonymousreply 249January 16, 2020 10:37 PM

I see the “Pete is a fucking racist” troll is back.

I just read another hysteric on twitter trying to put forward the disinformation that “racist white police in the SB police department” forced Pete to fire the police chief. Because somehow random white officers have more authority than the mayor, and he was somehow at their mercy. Because city mayors are helpless victims of low level uniformed beat cops. This is is spite of the fact that none of the reporting about the events has anything in common with this “theory” at all.

Who is the schizophrenic that invented this delusion? It’s being pushed by people with black avatars.

by Anonymousreply 250January 16, 2020 10:59 PM

Quentin Hart, the black mayor of Waterloo, Iowa's most racially diverse city, endorsed Pete this week.

[quote]“From Day 1 — for the first 30 minutes — our conversation focused on African-American communities,” Hart said. He met Buttigieg through a national mayors organization in Las Vegas and later in Philadelphia. “Once people have the opportunity to actually meet Mayor Pete and talk to him, once they get an opportunity to hear and listen to him, that’s when they can have an informed decision.”

But sure, let's go with "he's a racist" and "he has no black support" narrative. I guess black support only matters if it's coming from South Carolina...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 16, 2020 11:01 PM

R251 yep and he was also endorsed by fmr Rep. Deb Berry - one of the longest serving (seven terms) and most prominent Black state legislators in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 252January 16, 2020 11:50 PM

R252. Who gives a fuck who endorses him. We blacks don't care for him.

by Anonymousreply 253January 17, 2020 1:04 AM

Again:

No amount of rehashing 2018 articles about Joy Reid and no amount of white supremacist tropes and racial slurs against blacks people will change that.

by Anonymousreply 254January 17, 2020 1:30 AM

R254, please look up the difference between “its” and “it’s.” It’s really worth taking the time to understand basic English and its rules if you want to persuade others.

by Anonymousreply 255January 17, 2020 1:41 AM

Posted at R222 and R254:

“Again:

“The truth is that Pete will not win the nomination in this country that is well over 70+ percent white, not because of black peoples. Instead because of whites. The majority of whom will continue supporting the Republican Party and it’s anti gay agenda. Buttigieg is down to the single digits. The majority of whites nor blacks currently support him. Thread after thread of racial hatred directed at black people will not change that. However, it does expose what we already inherently know to be true about America and white gays. Its really disgusting.“

Are they paying you by the post, Boris? Lazy.

by Anonymousreply 256January 17, 2020 1:45 AM

Boris was posting here in the wee hours EST trying to stir shit.

by Anonymousreply 257January 17, 2020 1:50 AM

[quote] [R254], please look up the difference between “its” and “it’s.” It’s really worth taking the time to understand basic English and its rules if you want to persuade others.

1. I’m not here to persuade you.

2. Before you get on your high horse and attempt to scold me, over some silly typo. Fix your run-on sentences.

Having said that.

Again:

“Again:

“The truth is that Pete will not win the nomination in this country that is well over 70+ percent white, not because of black peoples. Instead because of whites. The majority of whom will continue supporting the Republican Party and it’s anti gay agenda. Buttigieg is down to the single digits. The majority of whites nor blacks currently support him. Thread after thread of racial hatred directed at black people will not change that. However, it does expose what we already inherently know to be true about America and white gays. Its really disgusting.“

by Anonymousreply 258January 17, 2020 1:56 AM

Honey, your argument doesn’t improve just by pasting it again And again. Consistently making the grammatical same error is hardly a typo., though it may protect your ego to claim that is.

by Anonymousreply 259January 17, 2020 2:19 AM

[quote] Honey, your argument doesn’t improve just by pasting it again And again. Consistently making the grammatical same error is hardly a typo., though it may protect your ego to claim that is.

More idiotic deflection

More run-on sentences

And the truth is still:

The truth is that Pete will not win the nomination in this country that is well over 70+ percent white, not because of black peoples. Instead because of whites. The majority of whom will continue supporting the Republican Party and it’s anti gay agenda. Buttigieg is down to the single digits. The majority of whites nor blacks currently support him. Thread after thread of racial hatred directed at black people will not change that. However, it does expose what we already inherently know to be true about America and white gays. Its really disgusting.“

by Anonymousreply 260January 17, 2020 2:30 AM

There is an actual definition of run-on sentence, but you don’t seem to understand that either. It’s not just a sentence longer than your reading level can accommodate.

When you paste again, how about correcting the errors?

by Anonymousreply 261January 17, 2020 2:36 AM

[quote] There is an actual definition of run-on sentence, but you don’t seem to understand that either. It’s not just a sentence longer than your reading level can accommodate. When you paste again, how about correcting the errors?

Sir, you need to look up that definition, because you clearly don't understand it. While you're at it. You should also look up the word ad hominem.

by Anonymousreply 262January 17, 2020 4:52 AM

[quote]no amount of rehashing 2018 articles about Joy Reid....

Oh, but it's ok for you to rehash Mayor Pete's past for before that? Are you always that much of a hypocrite?

by Anonymousreply 263January 17, 2020 7:55 AM

God, this anti-Pete troll is exhausting. You can tell he has not been fucked in a decade. What's wrong Honey? Manhood not matching up to others expectations? Things that make you go Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 264January 17, 2020 7:58 AM

The Associated Press just published a very long article that basically Corroborated what Michael Harriott and Joy Reid reported.

Personally I think the AP leans to a right, I'm sure they're no fan of any Democrat including Pete but they're also no fan of Joy Reid or Michael Harriot or TheRoot.com

by Anonymousreply 265January 17, 2020 8:56 AM

Reid and Harriot got exposed for their tactics and agenda.

by Anonymousreply 266January 17, 2020 9:20 AM

[bold]"Harriot does not treat the other candidates in this way. He does not question their right to be on the stage. In terms of the issue of candidate diversity, he does not hold white privilege against the other candidates. He only questions the right of the sole gay candidate to be a part of this process, and does so with disproportionately vitriolic, vulgar and aggressive language."

Funny how our Anti-Pete Troll here doesn't have the same problem with all the other top 4 candidates. The only difference is one is gay.

by Anonymousreply 267January 17, 2020 9:22 AM

[quote]The Associated Press just published a very long article that basically Corroborated what Michael Harriott and Joy Reid reported.

No they didn't, I just read it. The AP punished a long story about what happened, entirely different from with Michael and Joy went off on. There is nothing new or shocking that was not known. All it really shows is that the problem in South Bend started long before he was there. He had no choice to fire people who broke the law under his watch. Recording someone without their knowledge is against the law. The content of what they say is irrelevant in the eyes of the law. It might be rude, nasty, vulgar, racist, homophobic or whatever. It's still now an excuse to break the law and as a Mayor, your job is to enforce it not have people in your office break it.

Sorry after reading that it dose not look like Pete did anything wrong. Also, it's in dispute what "racist" things were even said. The people accused of that have a lawsuit to clear their names and Pete has not even been allowed to hear the tapes. But that doesn't seem to stop the homophobic Ministers in that town from blaming the new openly gay mayor and calling him racist when he is nothing of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 268January 17, 2020 9:57 AM

[quote]He had no choice to fire people who broke the law under his watch.

But why did he have to fire the black ones? Racist Pete zeroed in on the only black police chief.

by Anonymousreply 269January 17, 2020 10:01 AM

NO, R269, he did NOT only fire the black ones. He had to fire the ones who actually broke the law. In that instanced it just happened that they were black and people have tried to twist it into a racist thing. A lot of people of color work in the government, in case you haven't noticed, so it not really unusual that 2 bad apples happened to be black. He literally didn't have a legal choice. The only thing he could have done which he did was also have someone else outside look into the allegations. Remember, he also has to be fair to the accused. Innocent until proven guilty. And with a lawsuit he couldn't even examine the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 270January 17, 2020 11:01 AM

Inside tip for Pete: Say you were hacked. Apologize, accept forgiveness, and then resume bigoted attacks.

by Anonymousreply 271January 17, 2020 12:01 PM

The AP report didn't contradict anything that Harriot reported. I just recread it.

by Anonymousreply 272January 17, 2020 12:34 PM

R265, You mean what The Young Turks reported. Joy and Michael just piggybacked off months of TYT's ivestigations and gave it some legitimacy.

by Anonymousreply 273January 17, 2020 1:07 PM

[quote] Oh, but it's ok for you to rehash Mayor Pete's past for before that? Are you always that much of a hypocrite?

1. I personally haven’t addressed Buttigiegs past. I addressed the scapegoating of black people. Ive said nothing about his leadership as mayor.

2. Buttigieg is not going to win because he does not have enough white support. Scapegoating black people and rehashing 2018 articles about Reid won’t change that.

by Anonymousreply 274January 17, 2020 5:26 PM

Harriot strikes again!

[quote]Amazing: this mook wrote an entire article premised around the idea that Peter Kirsanow, as "a white man," had no right to criticize the 1619 Project... and obviously didn't bother trying to Google him or else he would have discovered that he's BLACK.

🤣🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 17, 2020 6:32 PM

Mr. Harriot is a total idiot.

by Anonymousreply 276January 17, 2020 6:49 PM

I personally don't care if Pete doesn't get the nomination. There are a lot of powerfulforces against him. It's gonna be extremely tough for him to do it.

But If he can win Iowa and NH then he would block Warren's and Sanders' s paths to the nomination. That's what I'm hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 277January 17, 2020 6:51 PM

Warren and Biden will be the final two frontrunners.

by Anonymousreply 278January 17, 2020 6:59 PM

R278, she'll be one of the last frontrunners only if the DNC gets up to their usual tricks. I wouldn't put it past them because they have been planning a a Biden vs Warren showdown all along.

by Anonymousreply 279January 17, 2020 7:02 PM

I like Joe Biden’s centrist policies better, but Warren will be a more effective President.

by Anonymousreply 280January 17, 2020 7:05 PM

This thread is so old....

by Anonymousreply 281January 17, 2020 7:06 PM

^^^ Nope. We’re not “dropping” Joy Reid’s long history of homophobia and her blatant hatred of white people.

by Anonymousreply 282January 17, 2020 7:08 PM

If Warren was truly a progressive that was a threat to the billionaires she would not be getting glowing coverage from networks owned by billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 283January 17, 2020 7:09 PM

R282 Fair enough. I'll just use the block feature.

by Anonymousreply 284January 17, 2020 7:12 PM

Warren isn’t really a progressive. She’s backed off on Medicare for All and is moving to the center.

by Anonymousreply 285January 17, 2020 7:12 PM

R269, because the black people committed the crimes. Specifically the police chief himself committed the crimes.

Do you suggest he fire some white people that had nothing to do with it, because black people have a free pass to commit as many crimes as they like and never be punished? That’s what you sound like.

I’m tired of hearing that a criminal should be babied and never punished because he was black. He’s a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 286January 17, 2020 7:30 PM

[quote]Do you suggest he fire some white people that had nothing to do with it, because black people have a free pass to commit as many crimes as they like and never be punished? That’s what you sound like.

Yes. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 287January 17, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]I’m tired of hearing that a criminal should be babied and never punished because he was black. He’s a criminal.

You’re a racist. Just like Pete Buttigieg. Systemic Racism. Blah, Blah, Blah...

by Anonymousreply 288January 17, 2020 7:42 PM

Harriot tweeted something yesterday about an in interview on Maddow? Anyone see it?

by Anonymousreply 289January 17, 2020 7:56 PM

Wonder if Joy asked Twanny Brawley to be on the panel but was turned down?

by Anonymousreply 290January 17, 2020 9:50 PM

R286 Your trash. Black people are disproportionately punished in ways white people are never aggressively gone after in the "justice" system.

And theres a lot of personal biases involved too. So fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 291January 17, 2020 9:59 PM

I’m trash for saying the person that committed the actual crime is the one that should be punished, and random people having nothing to do with it should not be punished, because you don’t approve of black people being punished no matter what they do?

You’re proposing a criminal should be let go because they’re black, and some unrelated person somewhere else’s treatment should give guilty people a free pass.

He was the police chief. I can’t imagine any circumstance where the police chief should be a criminal, period. Anyone who can’t grasp that isn’t in touch with reality.

by Anonymousreply 292January 17, 2020 10:29 PM

Of course Warren isn't an actual threat to billion dollar companies. It's a gimmick, like Trump's wall and Bernie's free college, to get her the vote. There's no way in hell she's doing anything to limit Google or Apple or even Facebook once she gets into office. People seem to either be too uninformed or too quick to forget that she's an opportunist who was a diehard Republican until about twenty odd years ago.

by Anonymousreply 293January 18, 2020 12:11 AM

"I apologies but I didn't write those thing"

Sure Joy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 18, 2020 7:26 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295January 18, 2020 7:29 AM

Why don't Joy and this sorta tabloid called The Root focusing moreso DJT and his corrupt cartel?

Are these the NE Pecker types? Pecker wouldn't run negative stories on Trump, but bashed his opponents often using unverified content and distortion.

Different names, similar techniques.

by Anonymousreply 296January 18, 2020 10:55 AM

cause she with her tube hair is a racist skunt.

by Anonymousreply 297January 18, 2020 12:35 PM

why is it blacks hate gays? happens again and gain.....

by Anonymousreply 298January 18, 2020 12:40 PM

R298. Because they don't want to and no one has to like gays.

by Anonymousreply 299January 18, 2020 1:03 PM

It reveals much about the Republican Party when they are clapping because Trump is using tainted characters such as Sekulow, Starr, and Dershowitz as his defense team. The only thing worse is Bill being AG.

If Jeffrey Epstein was still living, doubtful Dershowitz would be prancing before the cable media so much and hooking up so aggressively with team Trump.

by Anonymousreply 300January 18, 2020 1:53 PM

R298 Why is there such a long documented history of gay white male racism? And white racism towards blacks in America the last 400 years?

You see, theres so much more material black people have to use against white people when it comes to discrimination and hate of others, then any other group out there.

Your not going to win this fight buddy.

by Anonymousreply 301January 18, 2020 4:05 PM

White gays are racist towards people of color because most people of color tend to be homophobic. It isn't really rocket science, this isn't a difficult question to answer. White gays hate people of color because they're homophobic and people of color have white gays because they're racist. And the cycle goes on and on, rinse and repeat.

by Anonymousreply 302January 18, 2020 4:35 PM

[B][I]test[/I][/B]

by Anonymousreply 303January 18, 2020 7:23 PM

R302 White people invented racism. It all originated with the whites.

This is not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 304January 18, 2020 7:25 PM

R304 Racism doesn't justify homophobia, and vice versa. Hate begets hate.

by Anonymousreply 305January 18, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote] White gays are racist towards people of color because most people of color tend to be homophobic. It isn't really rocket science, this isn't a difficult question to answer. White gays hate people of color because they're homophobic and people of color have white gays because they're racist. And the cycle goes on and on, rinse and repeat.

You’re seriously attempting to argue that gay white supremacists are different from heterosexual white supremacists. Unlike heterosexuals, gays don’t become racists until they, in a nation that’s 70+ percent white and owned and operated by white males, encounter a homophobic black person. That moment changes their lives. Keeping in mind that black people are 13% of the population and our society is still extremely segregated. White gays will encounter a lot more white homophobes, at home, at school and every where else, long before they ever have personal contact with any black person. There are endless stories of those encounters posted here. Based upon your logic white gays would hate themselves and white people more than anyone else. Yet we know that’s not the case.

Gay white supremacists didn’t just suddenly get that way because they met a black person. That’s not the way racism works.

by Anonymousreply 306January 18, 2020 9:03 PM

Buttigieg is not going to win because he does not have enough white support. Scapegoating black people and rehashing 2018 articles about Reid won’t change that.

by Anonymousreply 307January 18, 2020 9:05 PM

If you've ever lived near public housing, it's hard not to be a little racist sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 308January 18, 2020 9:18 PM

Thanks you r306

by Anonymousreply 309January 18, 2020 9:23 PM

Plenty of white people live in public housing and plenty live in run down dirty neighborhoods but yeah go on andet out your inner Hitler r308

by Anonymousreply 310January 18, 2020 9:31 PM

R305 That's how whites justify and sweep their racism and racist ways under the rug. Homophobia and racism is not even close to being equal.

It's just not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 311January 18, 2020 9:35 PM

R49, I saw both of those iinterviews. She was not scornful of Pete. She asked him questions and gave him the time to answer them. If she doesn't think much of a candidate, she doesn't have the candidate on her show. How many times has she had Biden on?

She had McCaskill on after she lost her Senate election. She questioned the Senator's stance on free college, but let her speak and didn't argue with her, though Maddow supports free college.

by Anonymousreply 312January 18, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote] If you've ever lived near public housing, it's hard not to be a little racist sometimes.

In a nation that is over 70+ percent white and 13 percent black; there are a lot more poor whites than blacks. Does encountering them also cause racism.

What about living near a white fraternity house. Does that also inspire anti white racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 18, 2020 11:58 PM

Probably does, r313.

by Anonymousreply 314January 18, 2020 11:59 PM

You can hate ghetto blacks AND white trash equally, it's not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 315January 19, 2020 12:00 AM

But white trash tend to be worse though. Most black people tend to do better once there out of a rough environment. That's not necessarily the case with white trash.

by Anonymousreply 316January 19, 2020 12:18 AM

I love the fantasy world you live in r316.

by Anonymousreply 317January 19, 2020 12:20 AM

R317 And I love the one you live in too.

by Anonymousreply 318January 19, 2020 12:23 AM

Sorry r318 the real world would disagree with you.

by Anonymousreply 319January 19, 2020 12:37 AM

Why is there an angry ghetto person telling us that homophobia isn't bad on a gay website? You're preaching to the wrong choir.

by Anonymousreply 320January 19, 2020 12:41 AM

[quote] R304 Racism doesn't justify homophobia, and vice versa. Hate begets hate.

[quote] Homophobic black people have discovered they can use race as a shield against criticism towards their homophobia. You think it's wrong that I hate gays? That makes you a racist. They've discovered they can use that argument as a way to get away with being open about their hatred of gays, because it'd be racist to tell a black homophobe that it's not okay.

[quote] Of course Warren isn't an actual threat to billion dollar companies. It's a gimmick, like Trump's wall and Bernie's free college, to get her the vote. There's no way in hell she's doing anything to limit Google or Apple or even Facebook once she gets into office. People seem to either be too uninformed or too quick to forget that she's an opportunist who was a diehard Republican until about twenty odd years ago.

[quote] White gays are racist towards people of color because most people of color tend to be homophobic. It isn't really rocket science, this isn't a difficult question to answer. White gays hate people of color because they're homophobic and people of color have white gays because they're racist. And the cycle goes on and on, rinse and repeat.

[quote] Why is there an angry ghetto person telling us that homophobia isn't bad on a gay website? You're preaching to the wrong choir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321January 19, 2020 1:00 AM

[quote]Why is there such a long documented history of gay white male racism?

Why is there such a long documented history of gay fighting for blacks and civil rights when they don't get the same in return.

There fixed it for ya.

by Anonymousreply 322January 20, 2020 7:19 AM

[quote]That's how whites justify and sweep their racism and racist ways under the rug. Homophobia and racism is not even close to being equal. It's just not the same thing.

I agree, it's not the same thing, Black parents don't usually shun and kick out their kids on the streets because they are black. They don't tell them being black is wrong or that god thinks they are a sinner or a mistake. Or they should have the right not to be fired from their job for just being gay.

by Anonymousreply 323January 20, 2020 7:29 AM

R323. I can't believe you are trying to equate black struggle with gays. Bitch you tried it.

by Anonymousreply 324January 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Yeah, gays have it much tougher.

by Anonymousreply 325January 20, 2020 3:25 PM

White gays are still white. Many of them, like Pete, can hide in the closet for years and get ahead on their white privilege. Pete hasn’t been hindered one iota in his life for being gay. Please.

by Anonymousreply 326January 20, 2020 3:29 PM

"White privilege" isn't real. Anyone using that term is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 327January 20, 2020 3:32 PM

[quote][R323]. I can't believe you are trying to equate black struggle with gays. Bitch you tried it.

Really. A gay white man is higher on the pecking order than a man of color whatever his sexuality may be. You can hide being gay to avoid discrimination, but you cannot hide being black. Hence the reason, as a gay black man, the N word stings a bit more to me than the F word.

by Anonymousreply 328January 20, 2020 3:36 PM

Most of you bigots would be happy to know that Joy had an abundance of white people on her panel yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 329January 20, 2020 3:37 PM

[quote]White gays are still white. Many of them, like Pete, can hide in the closet for years

Everybody still knows, no matter how masculine the guy is. Believe me. EVERYBODY knows.

by Anonymousreply 330January 20, 2020 3:39 PM

R328 did you actually read my post. You know I am not stating gay s and blacks are on equal footing in terms of discrimination. please learn to read comments carefully.

by Anonymousreply 331January 20, 2020 3:47 PM

It sounds like we're now saying the plight of gays should be ignored because blacks have it worse. Unless we're saying that blacks have the right to oppress gay people because they're white, which is a whole 'nother story.

by Anonymousreply 332January 20, 2020 3:54 PM

I was agreeing with what you said at R324

by Anonymousreply 333January 20, 2020 3:56 PM

Hey Joy when is it going to be Amy "Tough on Crime" Klobuchar's turn in the AM Joy barrel? The Klob's record as chief-prosecutor in Minnesota is quite interesting: She declined to bring charges in more than two dozen cases in which people were killed in encounters with police - many of the people killed or injured being black men. She also aggressively prosecuted small, non-violent offenses and sought longer than usual sentences for minors - of course this all disproportionately targeted poor and minority communities. There's even more goodies if you just do some minor digging...

by Anonymousreply 334January 20, 2020 4:05 PM

Joy and guests were trying to derail Pete's campaign with no defense from anyone present. Unethical media tactic. Don't give any of them a pass.

by Anonymousreply 335January 20, 2020 4:08 PM

Gay white men are still White, and being white Trumps everything.

No pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 336January 20, 2020 4:31 PM

Race is a frequent tactic black homophobes use to justify their homophobia. If a straight black man beats a gay white man to death they'll say it was his prerogative to fight back against the white devil. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 337January 20, 2020 4:35 PM

Race is a frequent tactic black homophobes use to justify their homophobia. If a straight black man beats a gay white man to death they'll say it was his prerogative to fight back against the white devil. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 338January 20, 2020 4:35 PM

R332, what they’re saying is no group, outside of blacks, including gays, is discriminated against. Only blacks are discriminated against, and if anyone else says they’re discriminated against, their complaints are either invalid or they’re lying.

As far as black gays, I have no idea how they justify claiming discrimination against black gays doesn’t exist. Maybe they’re like Iran and claim there is no such thing as gays in their community. Last I heard, the “answer” to black males being gay is to beat it out of them. Maybe they feel all black gay males have successfully had the gay beaten out of them as children and therefore, there are none.

by Anonymousreply 339January 20, 2020 4:40 PM

Lmao so now gays aren't discriminated against. Fuck, I wish you bitches would just go back to LSA, or that Muriel would finally wake the fuck up and handle y'all. It's exhausting dealing with the endless homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 340January 20, 2020 4:42 PM

R339 You got it right with the Iran comparison, it tends to be "there are no black gays".

by Anonymousreply 341January 20, 2020 4:43 PM

R340. Sure boris

by Anonymousreply 342January 20, 2020 4:55 PM

[quote]Everybody still knows, no matter how masculine the guy is. Believe me. EVERYBODY knows.

They can still pretend they don't know. Don't ask don't tell.

by Anonymousreply 343January 20, 2020 10:39 PM

But even if they pretend they don't know they still won't accept you or promote you.

by Anonymousreply 344January 20, 2020 10:50 PM

[quote]You can hide being gay to avoid discrimination, but you cannot hide being black

Really, do tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 20, 2020 11:02 PM

I am so fucking sick of the homophobic straight black people flocking to this site.

by Anonymousreply 346January 20, 2020 11:06 PM

This needs to be repeated:

[bold]Race is a frequent tactic black homophobes use to justify their homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 347January 20, 2020 11:07 PM

[quote]Race is a frequent tactic black homophobes use to justify their homophobia. If a straight black man beats a gay white man to death they'll say it was his prerogative to fight back against the white devil. Disgusting.

You’re generalizing as a way to mask your blatant racist tendencies. DISGUSTING.

by Anonymousreply 348January 20, 2020 11:47 PM

I wonder how R337 feels about white homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 349January 20, 2020 11:47 PM

They are not mutually exclusive R349. You can have white homophobes and black homophobes. The difference is the whites use religion to hide behind their hate, blacks use the race card instead. Both groups try to turn the conversation into them being the victim.

I call them out black and white AKA Joy Reid or Kim Davis.

by Anonymousreply 350January 20, 2020 11:57 PM

Buttigieg ain’t getting the nomination. Accept it, live it, deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 351January 21, 2020 12:54 AM

Joy Reid is Raciest, Accept it, live it, deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 352January 21, 2020 3:59 AM

Joy Reid is Homophobic, Accept it, live it, deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 353January 21, 2020 4:00 AM

Joy Reid is a liar, Accept it, live it, deal with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 21, 2020 4:01 AM

Joy Reid lying to cover up her homophobic past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355January 21, 2020 4:03 AM

Joy Reid CAUGHT lying to the FBI about being hacked to cover up her homophobic blog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 21, 2020 4:05 AM

Joy stripped of her crown after MORE homophobic stuff come to light, can you say fake ally boys and girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 21, 2020 4:12 AM

[quote]Joy Reid is Raciest

The raciest of who? I never knew she flaunted her feminine wiles on tv.

by Anonymousreply 358January 21, 2020 4:16 AM

She has a chip on her shoulder about white people.

by Anonymousreply 359January 21, 2020 7:41 AM

No she doesn’t. You only see such foolishness because you want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 360January 21, 2020 10:19 AM

You cant see it because you are as blind as her. Just like you are blind to her homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 361January 21, 2020 11:16 AM

^Oh fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 362January 21, 2020 5:30 PM

The truth is that Pete will not win the nomination in this country that is well over 70+ percent white, not because of black peoples. Instead because of whites. The majority of whom will continue supporting the Republican Party and it’s anti gay agenda. Buttigieg is down to the single digits. The majority of whites nor blacks currently support him. Thread after thread of racial hatred directed at black people will not change that. However, it does expose what we already inherently know to be true about America and white gays. Its really disgusting.“

by Anonymousreply 363January 21, 2020 8:13 PM

by Anonymousreply 364January 21, 2020 8:13 PM

^Yep

by Anonymousreply 365January 21, 2020 10:31 PM

Pete is not down to single digits you ignoramus.

by Anonymousreply 366January 22, 2020 5:59 AM

[quote]The truth is that Pete will not win the nomination in this country that is well over 70+

How many times are you going to post this Troll? It's as true as Trumps tan.

by Anonymousreply 367January 22, 2020 7:40 AM

The truth is Joy Reid is a Homophobe and no amount of Pete hate is going to change that. The blacks who join in on her bulling of the only gay man running for president without a single gay person to offer a counter point are clear indications of the extent to which the black community is largely homophobic. More so than any other race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 22, 2020 7:45 AM

[bold] "Dose that make me homophobic? Probably" - Joy Reid

by Anonymousreply 369January 22, 2020 7:48 AM

What the fuck?! I didn't know Joy wrote that! Completely changed my opinion of her.

by Anonymousreply 370January 22, 2020 7:57 AM

So white people can be blatantly racist, and put one of the most overtly corrupt dangerous bigoted racist presidents in modern American history in the white house. But your "MAD", because you "THINK" black people are homophobic?

So white racism is ok, but so called black homophobia isn't?

Y'all are crazy as shit.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You just can't.

Get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 371January 22, 2020 8:07 AM

Just remember, it was white men who put all of the oppressive laws in place that have hurt gay people way more then black ever could. Your mad at the wrong people. Get those chips off your shoulders as soon as possible.

You all sound ridiculous.

Be made at all of those bigoted white law makers. They're the ones oppressing you, not black people.

But without missing a beat, when in doubt, just blame black people. After all, their America's favorite punching bag.

Have been for centuries too.

by Anonymousreply 372January 22, 2020 8:13 AM

Geez, R372, people can be mad at two things at the same time, okay? People are mad at white racism AND black homophobia. One does not erase the other.

by Anonymousreply 373January 22, 2020 8:24 AM

[quote]Y'all are crazy as shit.

Ebonics?

by Anonymousreply 374January 22, 2020 8:38 AM

But the two groups do not hold equal power. White people have real genuine power in America.

Black people don't. So it remains, you should be mad at the people (White Men) who have the power to systematically hurt you.

That's not black people. That's white men. So the for, you can't hold black people to the same level that you hold white people to. There's a massive power imbalance in place. It's simply not the same thing.

Black people are more oppressed than white people ever have or probably ever will be.

But I don't expect you to comprehend that.

by Anonymousreply 375January 22, 2020 8:39 AM

Get a grip R371. Racism and Homophobia are two different things entirely. You are PROJECTING racism onto a candidate that is just not true. Yes white people and black people for that mater can be racist. That dose not mean the whole group is, or that you have the license to call someone racists just because you don't like them or don't like gay people.

by Anonymousreply 376January 22, 2020 8:43 AM

[quote] Black people are more oppressed than white people ever have or probably ever will be.—Gay white men should really look in the mirror at their own behavior

Except for the fact that we just had a black president of the United States of America the most powerful country in the world and in history. Where's the gay one, oh right, there is none. When were black allowed to marry another race, 1967? Gays allowed to marry...2008. Gays are not the ones that need to check themselves here.

by Anonymousreply 377January 22, 2020 9:01 AM

^Semantics. Barack is mixed. When a 100% African American is elected as president, we’ll talk. And white gay males are higher on the totem pole than a man of color, regardless of the latter’s sexuality. Also, gays are not systematically targeted in this country by law enforcement officers for doing so much as standing on a corner or driving down the street, but you digress.

[quote]Yes white people and black people for that mater can be racist

Wrong. You’re conflating racism with prejudice. A black person can be prejudiced, but he or she could never be racist. To be racist, you have to be part of the majority who holds all of the power. In this country, that would be white people, gay, straight or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 378January 22, 2020 9:42 AM

[quote] A black person can be prejudiced, but he or she could never be racist.

OK Falica, now you have smoked too much crack. ALL people are capable of being racists.

[quote] To be racist, you have to be part of the majority who holds all of the power.

That's not the definition of racism at all. Open a fucking dictionary, it has nothing to do with population size. By your definition, someone could call a white guy a "cracker" but if he responds with the N word only the white guy is racist? Nonsense.

[bold]Racism - "is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance, and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another."

Preconceived - "opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience"

by Anonymousreply 379January 22, 2020 10:58 AM

^^[bold]Prejudice - "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience" ^^

by Anonymousreply 380January 22, 2020 11:00 AM

joy with the African braid on top of her long head :: u old racist phobe….go home.

by Anonymousreply 381January 22, 2020 11:32 AM

You all be nice now, miss joy comes here every nite after morning cocktails post show with joe and mika, and crys her eyeballs out....

by Anonymousreply 382January 22, 2020 11:36 AM

Anybody that brings up racial shit in relation to Pete at this point is basically screaming "I'm a homophobe and I'm going to use black people as an excuse to talk about how shitty it would be to have a gay president".

by Anonymousreply 383January 22, 2020 12:16 PM

Fuck her. If black people can call racism every time they dont get their way, then im calling them homophobes and bigots.

Even if it isnt always true. Sick of this shit. Although it is partly true.

by Anonymousreply 384January 22, 2020 12:26 PM

Black people are homophobes, white people are racist, rinse and repeat. Americans are so fucking boring and childish, our behavior since 2015 has finally made me realize why we're the laughing stock of the world.

by Anonymousreply 385January 22, 2020 12:32 PM

There is no such thing as Black homophobia. It's just homophobia. Black people are homophobic and White people are homophobic. Black people are a special kind of homophobic and they aren't anymore homophobic as a group thwn anyone else.

This need to place black people in a special category of evil is par for the corse though.

by Anonymousreply 386January 22, 2020 12:32 PM

its fukd up as we both are minoritys, yet man they hate us....them and their damn bible shit

by Anonymousreply 387January 22, 2020 1:30 PM

R386, are you serious? The attacks on Pete by black media members have been out of control. It isnt balanced to the white attacks.

So yes, we are calling it black homophobia, particularly from a woman who was caught saying nasty homophobic stuff and has now made it her mission to tear down Pete for no discernible reason.

by Anonymousreply 388January 22, 2020 1:52 PM

These Root pundits needs to stop sounding like some black Drudge Report or a black Breitbart, and address the awful attacks on transgenders of color.

by Anonymousreply 389January 22, 2020 2:09 PM

r388 Huffington Post just attacked Pete in an article a few hours ago. Molly Redden wrote the article. Is she apart of the unbalanced, out of control Black media also?

by Anonymousreply 390January 22, 2020 3:20 PM

by Anonymousreply 391January 22, 2020 5:01 PM

^It bears repeating.

by Anonymousreply 392January 22, 2020 6:03 PM

There is zero justification for Pete to he smeared by Trans Exclusionary Radical Femiñists or any other hate contingent.

by Anonymousreply 393January 22, 2020 7:29 PM

Oh look, she has company. High profile blacks being homophobes is defiantly a thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394January 22, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote] black Breitbart,

It bears repeating is right!

[bold] AM Joy = black Breitbart

by Anonymousreply 395January 22, 2020 10:02 PM

Funny how no one is defending Joy Reid's homophobia but plenty of people are defending Pete Buttigeig's obvious racism. His racism is as obvious to me and her homophobia is.

by Anonymousreply 396January 22, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote]Pete Buttigeig's obvious racism. His racism is as obvious to me and her homophobia is.

Oh look, it's the homophobe troll again. How long are you going to pay the race card Dear? It's so 1990, just like your hair.

by Anonymousreply 397January 22, 2020 10:39 PM

Because R396, one of those statements is true, the other is not. It's a fact that Joy Reid is a homophobe, it's false to claim Pete is racist.

It's very simple logic, apparently you are the only one living in her bubble who can process that.

by Anonymousreply 398January 22, 2020 10:42 PM

R386 Gay white men are not minorities, PERIOD. Gay white men are still white men, and being white TRUMPS everything.

You are still a WHITE MAN, and as long as you are a WHITE MAN, there's privilege and power in existing in the world as a WHITE MAN.

You can only be one or the other.

You are still a WHITE MAN.

by Anonymousreply 399January 22, 2020 10:43 PM

I meant R387

by Anonymousreply 400January 22, 2020 10:44 PM

This is how you know white people are over privileged. They wanna be the oppressor and the oppressed.

You can't be both. If you are white, you are already an oppressor. Why? Because you were born into the oppressor class, that's why.

You cannot be both.

by Anonymousreply 401January 22, 2020 10:47 PM

[quote]Gay white men are not minorities, PERIOD.

[bold]Yes they are, GET OVER IT. [bold/]

Gay men are only about 4% of the population, That makes them an even smaller minority than the black population which is 12%.

Blacks have all the right that a white man has. Gays do not. You can still legally fire someone in many states from their job JUST FOR BEING GAY.

by Anonymousreply 402January 22, 2020 10:55 PM

This white person is an ally, R401. Not all whites are whacked, just a bunch of idiots on this thread like R402.

OPs thread is bullshit. DL has been here before and the OP is ignoring the facts.

Also, if R402 needs a lesson in US history, I can help help.

by Anonymousreply 403January 22, 2020 11:00 PM

[quote]Also, if [R402] needs a lesson in US history, I can help help.

Perhaps you should learn basic grammar first.

by Anonymousreply 404January 22, 2020 11:07 PM

Gay white men are a minority, I say this as a gay black man. But, within the gay community, gay white men have maintained the same power dynamics that make up the broader social system. This places gay white men at the top of the social hierarchy and allowes segregation to occur. Gay men of color have had countless stories of being ostracized in what should be safe places, because the gay venues are geared specifically towards whites. We might have a black club, but that’s out of necessity. Many who’re people will point to that as a self-segregation, without wondering the root cause of the separation

We may both be alleys, but white gay men have been late as hell to the fight for equality, until it effected them with gay marriage. Even lesbians are regulated to a second class status, similar to their straight counterparts.

There are a countless gay white men that lend empathy or get out there and march, this is not a one size fits all statement.

From my experience, my gay white and straight white friends are about the same. You aren’t trying to offend anyone, but your friends and lifestyle take on a traditionally white focused shift that only allows “white-acting” people of color to join your select social circles. Rarely do I see many white men branching out to engage other cultures on their turf.

So we may be in the same boat, but you are certainly riding in First Class.

by Anonymousreply 405January 22, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]only allows “white-acting” people of color to join your select social circles.

Oh, you mean people who act live civilized human beings?

Nobody wants to be around ghetto blacks. Even other blacks who are not ghetto can't stand them.

by Anonymousreply 406January 22, 2020 11:19 PM

[Quote]Rarely do I see many white men branching out to engage other cultures on their turf.

Well, you havent seen me in action.

by Anonymousreply 407January 22, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote]So we may be in the same boat, but you are certainly riding in First Class.

Sorry but I disagree, gay men black or white are routinely excluded from first class unless you are one of their servants. It's funny how the "blacks are the only minority" troll on here seems to think gay white men can hide being gay. Maybe only 1/3 of gay men that I have met can pass for straight. And if you are just a hint fem, that's more threatening to straight men than any color. For example, sports teams used to be all white, now they are very racially mixed, sometimes more black than white. But when was the last time you have seen a main stream team with a bunch of openly gay men? Maybe one or two at best. In today's world, it's still worse to be gay than to be black. In other countries they still put gay men to death.

by Anonymousreply 408January 22, 2020 11:27 PM

Gay white men playing oppressed minority is laughable. By the way, stop hijacking the civil rights movement since it initially never included sexual orientation. You guys always like to attach your self to black struggles.

by Anonymousreply 409January 23, 2020 12:27 AM

Black woman from Lipstick Alley playing oppressed minority is laughable.

There, fixed it for you.

You you realize one of the richest self made woman in America and the world is black right? The most powerful job in the world was run by a black man right? Oppression, bitch please, how many generations are you going to try and milk that? If you are going to play that card I have news for you, Native Americans are the ultimate oppressed people with 90% of its population wiped out on its own land.

by Anonymousreply 410January 23, 2020 2:20 AM

If you wanna be homophobic ghetto trash, be homophobic ghetto trash, it's your prerogative. But don't do it on a gay website, please, it's like handing out pamphlets on Nazism during a Shabbat service.

by Anonymousreply 411January 23, 2020 2:32 AM

R411. Racist much fag.

by Anonymousreply 412January 23, 2020 9:52 AM

FF r412, Homophobic Troll Alert

by Anonymousreply 413January 23, 2020 10:08 AM

R413. Racist white trash.

by Anonymousreply 414January 23, 2020 10:17 AM

On that show, Joy & Michael are not petite.

by Anonymousreply 415January 23, 2020 10:21 AM

Caitlyn Jenner, a Republican of all things, is doing more for actual black victims than those TV talking heads peddling false narratives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 23, 2020 10:40 AM

Caitlyn Jenner, a Republican of all things, is doing more for actual black victims than those TV talking heads peddling false narratives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 23, 2020 10:40 AM

by Anonymousreply 418January 23, 2020 1:23 PM

by Anonymousreply 419January 23, 2020 1:24 PM

R412 And y'all wonder why white gays don't like black people.

by Anonymousreply 420January 23, 2020 2:19 PM

R420. Who cares what white gays think.

by Anonymousreply 421January 23, 2020 3:31 PM

R420. Who cares what white gays think.

by Anonymousreply 422January 23, 2020 3:31 PM

This thread proves perfectly why gay white men are hated. They are racist and bigoted and people are not going to give into what they want.

They always criticize by being bigoted assholes.

R405 You are a damn fool. Gay white men are not minorities Period. They are white and being white in our current society Trumps everything. Being white rather straight or gay, is a powerful thing in America and frankly the world. At least outside of North Korea anyway.

For me there is no separation between straight and gay white men, they are all the same in my book, and I'm sure most others feel the same.

Gay white men are not minorities, PERIOD. They are oppressors too.

Look no further then their behavior right here on this site daily. They are gay, but they have the same mindset as straight white men.

Gay white men are not minorities.

by Anonymousreply 423January 23, 2020 5:18 PM

Black people cannot be racists. The racist belief tends to extend from the oppressor class to the oppressed minority. I don’t give a shit how gay you are, if you are a white male, you are a part of the majority class in the United States. Being gay won’t get you followed around a store when all you want is to browse and to make a purchase. Being black will. End of.

by Anonymousreply 424January 23, 2020 6:00 PM

White gay men are discriminated against all the time. If you think white gay men are on the same level as white straight men, you are an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 425January 23, 2020 6:06 PM

This story is SO old! Stop it! Stop Now!

by Anonymousreply 426January 23, 2020 7:56 PM

To quote a famous man circa 1992.

"People, I just want to say, can't we all get along?"

It is time you guys stop throwing rocks at each other or go back to Russia, which ever applies.

Please close this stupid fucking thread...STOP IT NOW

by Anonymousreply 427January 23, 2020 8:08 PM

This thread has definitely helped to secure Mayor Pete’s victory against Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar!

by Anonymousreply 428January 24, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]A black person can be prejudiced, but he or she could never be racist. To be racist, you have to be part of the majority who holds all of the power.

OK Falica, now you have smoked too much crack. ALL people are capable of being racists.

[bold]That's not the definition of racism at all. Open a fucking dictionary, it has nothing to do with population size. By your definition, someone could call a white guy a "cracker" but if he responds with the N word only the white guy is racist? Nonsense.

[bold]Racism - "is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance, and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another."

[bold]Prejudice - "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience"

by Anonymousreply 429January 24, 2020 7:57 AM

R420 = Ghetto Trash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 24, 2020 8:05 AM

Sorry that was for R411

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431January 24, 2020 8:07 AM

Boycott the black beast. she is phobic from long ago.....and a big fat racist in her own way. her and rev al should marry....

by Anonymousreply 432January 24, 2020 2:20 PM

Pete is disgusting. He faked black endorsements and now is shocked that his Trumpian tactics haven't worked. He should be ashamed of himself, but something tells me he has no shame.

by Anonymousreply 433January 24, 2020 3:14 PM

I ran across a white woman at a political website who commented that it is absolutely essential that Biden, the presumed nominee, pick a woman of color as his running mate "... because Joy and her panelists said so."

Sometimes the establishment Dem bubble online can seem as bad as the Fox News Echo chamber.

by Anonymousreply 434January 24, 2020 4:44 PM

A Biden/Harris ticket would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 435January 24, 2020 5:26 PM

[quote]A Biden/Harris ticket would be [ITALIC]perfectly awful[/italic].

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 436January 24, 2020 5:38 PM

R432 The pot calling the kettle black.

Your own racism is prominently displayed.

by Anonymousreply 437January 24, 2020 6:05 PM

Biden is so fucking old, his vice president just might become president.

by Anonymousreply 438January 24, 2020 6:36 PM

Bernie is old and his health is bad. As far as we can tell, Biden seems generally healthy, but that’s the most stressful job on earth and somebody younger should be doing it. Presidents age rapidly in office. Look at Obama. He went in looking like a kid, came out looking like his own father.

Either Bernie or Biden better pick their VP well.

by Anonymousreply 439January 24, 2020 6:46 PM

Meanwhile recently Liz walked a full mile from her hotel to an event venue in freezing weather.

by Anonymousreply 440January 24, 2020 6:59 PM

[quote]Either Bernie or Biden better pick their VP well.

Which is why we need Pete. He's not going to drop dead in office.

by Anonymousreply 441January 24, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote]I ran across a white woman at a political website who commented that it is absolutely essential that Biden, the presumed nominee, pick a woman of color as his running mate "... because Joy and her panelists said so."

That needs to stop. It's just as racist for AM Joy to say we NEED a black person as VP than a white guy saying we need only white people on the ticket. I dont see Joy Reid saying we need an Asian in the office. They are just as unrepresented. What about a Mexican American? Neither of those have ever been President or Vice President. How about just the best person for the job and stop with this racist push that it must be a black woman of color.

by Anonymousreply 442January 24, 2020 8:56 PM

I think that’s a consequence of people who are essentially lobbyists framing their demands as “if you don’t give me what I want, you’re a racist.”

The office of the President is the hardest job on earth. The VP has to be ready to take that job at a moment’s notice. And we’re only allowed to pick from people of a certain sex and skin color, as if you can buy a President Black Barbie doll and dress her up in a pink suit and it’s all good?

You’re lucky if you can find anyone on earth, of any description, that can do it competently. Half the people we’ve hired before couldn’t do it.

by Anonymousreply 443January 25, 2020 12:14 AM

R442 Black people have very long standing roots in America, goingback centuries. Asians don't. Why do they deserve the American presidency just yet? They aren't even foundational Americans. They don't have a prominent place in American history going back centuries the way African Americans do.

What dues have they payed that's anywhere near the level of the African American struggle in American history?

They don't have that long standing or rooted history in America nor the pedigree, to just be able to come into America and think that they deserve something as monumental as the American presidency.

They didn't help build this empire. It's not their turn yet. They have to get in line just like everyone else does. The Asians do not have blood, sweat, and tears rooted in the foundation of America, the way African Americans do.

And that's a historical fact.

by Anonymousreply 444January 25, 2020 5:40 AM

You’re arguing that the Chinese people who helped built the transcontinental railroad, back in the Lincoln administration, around and through mountain ranges, who were sent for from China because nobody else could endure that backbreaking and dangerous work, and who were considered “disposable” if they died doing it, whose kids went to segregated schools, and who lost a court case to go to a white public school, because of their race, who had their ancestors sometimes murdered, then were told by a judge that “I don’t see any law that says you can’t kill a Chinaman,” that they haven’t paid their dues?

Women and girls as young as thirteen were sent for from China, bought from their parents for a few hundred dollars, promised work in America, then kept as sex slaves in brothels. For years the shipments of slave girls were escorted by the San Francisco police chief from the docks straight to the whorehouse so they couldn’t escape. Others were auctioned off at a public auction, then spent the rest of their short lives locked in 10 x 10 cells with a small barred window, sometimes naked from the waist down, as it was a waste to provide clothing for sex slaves that were never leaving their cells again anyway. If they didn’t attract enough customers they were tortured and beaten. When they were too worn out or disfigured by syphilis to attract more customers, usually within about ten years, then they quit feeding them until they starved, sealed in the cell they could never leave. Those women didn’t pay their dues?

And you’re arguing that because you’ve never opened a history book yourself, that everybody should learn from you and your ignorance, and use that as a basis to make decisions about who has a “right” to be President, as if human suffering is some kind of contest, with the Presidency as a consolation prize? Obviously you know nothing about Asian American history, but everyone else is supposed to just dismiss historical facts because you don’t care about what other races lived through. It doesn’t matter to you, so why should anyone else care either? That’s a horrifyingly callous attitude. Especially from someone who wants sympathy and compassion for their own ancestors, but cares nothing for anybody else’s.

The presidency isn’t a gift to be bestowed or something you can wait in line to get. Either you’re elected for the job or you aren’t. No one owes it to black people or anyone else, and certainly not because of what some long dead ancestors went through long ago. Those ancestors aren’t the ones alive right now making the decisions that affect all our lives right now. That’s not an affirmative action job. Either you can do it, or you can’t. And that includes the part about inspiring people to vote for you.

by Anonymousreply 445January 25, 2020 7:32 AM

omg the beastly woman is on tv now with a huge new Mombassa wig that trails own her back, her stylist must be a rap man on pcp.

phobic monstrosity.

by Anonymousreply 446January 25, 2020 2:01 PM

R446. Joy got you fennin hater. Why are you so obsessed with her. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 447January 25, 2020 2:17 PM

I hate homophobes and racists

dats all

ITS DATA LOUNGE BITCH, LET THE FUR FLY......

by Anonymousreply 448January 25, 2020 2:48 PM

No to Black women wearing exotic añimal skins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 25, 2020 3:05 PM

No to Black women wearing exotic añimal skins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450January 25, 2020 3:06 PM

Pete continues to lead

in the race between Tulsi and Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 451January 25, 2020 5:06 PM

Haiku, R451?

by Anonymousreply 452January 25, 2020 5:12 PM

[quote]Black people have very long standing roots in America, goingback centuries. Asians don't. Why do they deserve the American presidency just yet? They aren't even foundational Americans. They don't have a prominent place in American history going back centuries the way African Americans do.

Wow, open a fucking history book, you ghetto trash drop out. The Chinese were here long before 1850! They were the labor force that basically built most of the train tracks when the country was first being settled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453January 27, 2020 12:48 AM

Somewhere along a Gay white liberal male tore her down. He prolly referred to himself as a strong black woman, and triggered her.

by Anonymousreply 454January 27, 2020 12:50 AM

[quote]They didn't help build this empire. It's not their turn yet. They have to get in line just like everyone else does.

What weird racist entitlement thought process. What about Mexicans? They were here long before the slaves and the white men. Part of California, Arizona, Texas were Mexico long before it was part of the US. And they did all the labor work in the early days even up to now helping to build the country. By your logic, we should have a Mexican President long before a black one so Obama didn't "wait" his turn it seems.

by Anonymousreply 455January 27, 2020 12:58 AM

R453 and R455 Are both hateful racist cunts, fuck both of you.

by Anonymousreply 456January 27, 2020 4:05 AM

So everyone that shoots holes in your weak argument is a racist R456? And you wonder why people think you are stupid. Stop playing the race card and go back to high school or get a GED. Take a history class while you are at it.

by Anonymousreply 457January 27, 2020 4:57 AM

R457. Faggot you shouldn't be talking. Shut your white trash mouth and shouldn't you be sucking cock somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 458January 27, 2020 9:59 AM

R458, Shouldn't you be in a ghetto somewhere with your 5 kids on welfare, food stamps and a missing father? Bullets go through walls you know, and it's not like you live in the best neighborhood. OR Hood as you know it.

by Anonymousreply 459January 27, 2020 10:06 AM

Ok this is ridiculous. You can not like Joy all you want, but not liking her has no bearing on the fact that PB is simply NOT going to get the democratic nomination. And while it’s clear that a lot of you are racist, neither calling someone a fag nor hurling insults at someone accusing them of living in the hood and being ghetto is not going to change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 460January 27, 2020 10:36 AM

Yes, this is ridiculous. You can be a homophobe, but throwing shade at PB is not going to keep him from becoming the nest President of the United States. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 461January 27, 2020 10:46 AM

Is it true Joy sleeps in her car?

by Anonymousreply 462January 27, 2020 10:49 AM

Pete!

by Anonymousreply 463January 27, 2020 1:16 PM

[quote]becoming the nest President

The nest president? Is that slang for someone who doesn’t stand a chance in hell?

by Anonymousreply 464January 27, 2020 5:44 PM

Is this Ta Nahisi Coates fellow one of her regular panelists? From what I've read of him sounds like he'd fit well there.

by Anonymousreply 465January 27, 2020 6:50 PM

So Joy & the root crew are the new potentates for black people, including telling us how to vote? How humbling of them.

by Anonymousreply 466January 27, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote]The nest president? Is that slang for someone who doesn’t stand a chance in hell?

He has been in the top 4 in all the national polls for the last several months. We will see. Those are pretty good odds considering that two of them are over 70 one is over 60 and one has had a heart attack already. Young men think quick on their feet, Pete is perfect for the job.

by Anonymousreply 467January 28, 2020 11:56 AM

R467 And those same pills said Hillary Clinton had it in the bag.

We seen how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 468January 28, 2020 2:25 PM

Polls.

by Anonymousreply 469January 28, 2020 2:25 PM

Why is this old witch still on tv? she done said enuf to get herself kicked offfff

Her hair is so ….. nutsy wutsy jungle queen.

by Anonymousreply 470January 28, 2020 5:16 PM

^FFd the racist.

by Anonymousreply 471January 28, 2020 5:50 PM

Uh Joy you might want to sit down for this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472January 28, 2020 6:00 PM

Wow, r471, thank you for sharing every mouse click! Good boy!

by Anonymousreply 473January 28, 2020 6:03 PM

R472 just debunked the viewpoints of about fifty gay racists in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 474January 28, 2020 6:09 PM

Not racist to call a spade a spade....Joy has long reputation as gay hater and white hater, tho her sense of humor is broad, hard to tell when she is truth or just drunk. she love her vino.

by Anonymousreply 475January 28, 2020 6:48 PM

Ratchet-ass heifer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476January 28, 2020 6:54 PM

Miss Reid turns me on so very much, I get my masturbatory utensils ready when her show is on, I peg myself mercilessly when I hear her illustrious voice, and the sight of her dark shiney face sends me into fits of ejaculation.

may she reign long and slick...

less clothes my darling and more exposure of that divine negro skin....you are awesome!

by Anonymousreply 477January 28, 2020 7:04 PM

[quote]Not racist to call a spade a spade...

A SPADE??

by Anonymousreply 478January 28, 2020 10:07 PM

My ex from India was fairly dark-skinned. He used to nearing Lee refer to "skin lightning cream" as Spade Fade.

by Anonymousreply 479January 29, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote]And those same pills said Hillary Clinton had it in the bag.

And those polls were correct though, she won the popular vote by 3 million. It's the electoral game that she lost. And a little help from Russia.

by Anonymousreply 480January 29, 2020 1:52 AM

This is a Spade. Stop trying to turn everything into your issues with race.

Ironically, you are playing the race card with a phrase about playing cards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481January 29, 2020 3:02 AM

No such thing as the race card for black people. That's a reality.

But there's a 500 year history of white people playing the race card.

The More You Know.

by Anonymousreply 482January 29, 2020 5:13 AM

^Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 483January 29, 2020 10:53 AM

I also am drawn to her dark shiney hot skin, and them big whites of her eyes.....her new Egyptian hair do on top of her head makes me stiff as shit....how do I get a date with the Cleopatra of MSNBC? honey lemme clean that stanky puss out for you::::im ur # one fan.

by Anonymousreply 484January 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Pete is going on AM Joy tomorrow, dear Lord.

by Anonymousreply 485February 1, 2020 7:54 PM

I have said more than once that cutting a 'mo is a Very Bad Idea. If she goes offensive, he's going to serve a helping back.

by Anonymousreply 486February 1, 2020 10:52 PM

Joy would destroy him if she wanted to. He might think he's ready but he isn't. He needs to be on his best behavior.

by Anonymousreply 487February 1, 2020 11:24 PM

A fantastic piece on Medium this week that systematically dismantles Harriot's article, which started this thread when he used it to spread his lies on Joy's show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488February 1, 2020 11:28 PM

hope pete smears a blueberry pie into her smarmy face.

by Anonymousreply 489February 1, 2020 11:36 PM

Joy, Harriot, and Jason are not impressive when it comes to fairness and cognition.

by Anonymousreply 490February 1, 2020 11:40 PM

It will be a remote interview, so hopefully the awkward pauses because of the delay suck some of the tension out of it.

He's also on This Week, Meet The Press, SOTU, and Face The Nation tomorrow. Almost the Full Ginsburg.

by Anonymousreply 491February 1, 2020 11:40 PM

they say her days on the the network are limited....

by Anonymousreply 492February 1, 2020 11:46 PM

r492 GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 493February 1, 2020 11:47 PM

Thanks for posting that, R488. I wasn't aware of that Harriet article, but it was interesting to see the lengths he went to to continue his Racist Pete is a Lying MF narrative.

by Anonymousreply 494February 2, 2020 12:12 AM

Joy has the appeal of a bed bug.....

by Anonymousreply 495February 2, 2020 1:05 AM

Medium? What the fuck is that? Never heard of it. Any here is some more news about how Pete is a lying disingenuous piece of shit.

Surprise surprise he doesn't mention Joy Reid or Michael Harriot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496February 2, 2020 1:55 AM

It wasn't that bad.

And I see now it wasn't a remote interview; she actually dragged her ass to Iowa, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497February 2, 2020 2:56 PM

Pete is surprising all the haters right now and polling at the top 2 in Iowa caucus.

Joy did not look happy saying that... I wonder why?

And no I am not just being a drama queen, she physically looked pissed off and confused.

by Anonymousreply 498February 4, 2020 2:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499February 6, 2020 10:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!