Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NBC News: For transgender men, pain of menstruation is more than just physical

Safety concerns and a lack of access to menstruation products are among the issues trans and gender-nonconforming people face during "that time of the month."

When transgender model and activist Kenny Ethan Jones experienced his first period, he faced both physical and psychological pain. Initially, Jones, who had not yet come out as trans at the time, felt like he was losing control and didn’t understand what was happening to his body. However, one thing was clear: He didn’t feel like himself.

“I didn’t believe that having periods would be a part of my lived experience,” Jones told NBC News. “I felt isolated; everything about periods was tailored to girls, yet me, a boy, was experiencing this and nothing in the world documented that.”

He currently experiences a wide range of challenges with his monthly bleeding, especially when it comes to getting his hands on menstrual hygiene products.

“Having a period already causes me a lot of [gender] dysphoria, but this dysphoria becomes heightened when I have to shop for a product that is labeled as ‘women’s health’ and in most cases, is pretty and pink,” Jones explained.

Some transgender and gender-nonconforming people who menstruate, like Jones, say when the products are categorized as women’s products, they can feel alienated — and may even avoid purchasing them altogether.

“I’ve definitely seen a positive shift with the discussion around women experiencing periods, but the stigma towards trans men, nonbinary and intersex individuals having them is still alive and well,” said Jones, who gained attention in 2018 when he was the face of a U.K.-based menstruation company’s ad campaign. “People are still reluctant to the idea that it’s not only women that experience periods.”

Jennifer Weiss-Wolf, founder of Period Equity, which advocates for affordable and accessible menstruation products, said, “Anyone who menstruates needs to be part of the discussion and decision-making about their own health and well-being.”

The hurdles some trans men and gender-nonconforming people who menstruate say they face include the high cost of period supplies, lack of access to the products, safety concerns and inadequate medical care. Some of these challenges were recently brought to light when a story about menstruation product maker Always removing the female sign from its sanitary products went viral in October.

Economic vulnerability

A box of 36 tampons, which could easily be used within one menstruation period, could cost as much as $12 — that’s significantly more than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. Additionally, menstrual hygiene products sold in the U.S. are still subject to sales tax in 32 states.

A survey published last year in the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology found that nearly 64 percent of low-income women in St. Louis, Missouri, could not afford menstrual products — and nearly half of the women who participated in the survey were unable to afford both food and period products.

The cost and taxation of menstruation products could hit transgender people even harder, according to Rodrigo Heng-Lehtinen, deputy executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality.

Trans individuals, according to Heng-Lehtinen, “are experiencing poverty, unemployment and underemployment at higher rates, so there is absolutely economic vulnerability here.”

His organization’s 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey found trans individuals are more than twice as likely to live in poverty and three times as likely to be unemployed as the general population.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 15, 2020 5:38 PM

🙄

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote] A survey published last year in the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology found that nearly 64 percent of low-income women in St. Louis, Missouri, could not afford menstrual products — and nearly half of the women who participated in the survey were unable to afford both food and period products.

Talk about burying the lede. I am far more worried about the MILLIONS of real women who can't afford tampons. Sorry if that offends the trannies.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2020 9:59 PM

Okay so wondering what the religious right might do if the go to for solving dysphoria related to menstruation becomes giving hysterectomies.

After all, they won't allow women to have abortions because that's killing a fetus, but ripping out healthy reproductive organs might be okay?

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]“I felt isolated; everything about periods was tailored to girls, yet me, a boy, was experiencing this and nothing in the world documented that.”

The entirety of the trans bullshit in one sentence. I'm so special. I'm the only one in the world. Pay attention to me!

[quote]A box of 36 tampons, which could easily be used within one menstruation period, could cost as much as $12 — that’s significantly more than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. Additionally, menstrual hygiene products sold in the U.S. are still subject to sales tax in 32 states.

Oh, those poor, poor men! Having to deal with this. Maybe we should tax actual women to take some of the burden off these poor, poor men. Will no one ever think of the men!?

Fuck the T and their SJW army of morons.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2020 10:01 PM

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]lack of access to the products

Erm... can you not buy feminine hygiene products in literally any store, even in friggin' bodegas? 🤨

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2020 10:01 PM

Whatever happened to investigations into things that, you know, actually matter to people?

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2020 10:02 PM

[quote]“I felt isolated; everything about periods was tailored to girls, yet me, a boy, was experiencing this and nothing in the world documented that.”

I want the experience, nay, the entire concept of menstruation to be about ME, a boy. Fucking patriarchy right there.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2020 10:03 PM

Not to mention a zillion online retailers R6

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2020 10:04 PM

[quote] A box of 36 tampons, which could easily be used within one menstruation period, could cost as much as $12

Or $6+ according to the search I just did.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2020 10:04 PM

[quote]I didn’t believe that having periods would be a part of my lived experience

Someone should have had The Talk with that child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2020 10:05 PM

Good lord, “man”, “woman” are just words. If seeing “woman” on the side of a packet of tampons is enough to stop you buying them when you need them, then I really just don’t know how you can cope with life.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2020 10:05 PM

It has a uterus and a vagina and a couple of ovaries but it never figured out that it would have a period? Put it in a group home for the mentally ill and be done with it.

R6, even when straight men are pretending to be women, they are still useless at taking care of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2020 10:08 PM

[quote]”I didn’t believe that having periods would be a part of my lived experience,” Jones told NBC News.

This girl’s mother failed her. As did her health teacher.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2020 10:08 PM

Perfect! Right in time for Kenny's next front-hole bleed.

[quote]Always announced it will remove the Venus symbol from its menstruation products packaging following calls by transgender advocates, who said its parent, Procter & Gamble, was alienating trans and gender-nonconforming customers by not acknowledging that they, too, can experience menstruation.

[quote]“Could someone from Always tell me why it is imperative to have the female symbol on their sanitary products?” Twitter user Melly Bloom, one of those advocates, tweeted over the summer. “There are non-binary and trans folks who still need to use your products too you know!”

[quote]The company announced it would be removing the female signs from its packaging starting in December and aims to have a new design distributed worldwide by February 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2020 10:10 PM

Has she never read/seen "Carrie"?

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote]His organization’s 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey found trans individuals are more than twice as likely to live in poverty and three times as likely to be unemployed as the general population.

Since many of the ones that have a uterus are apparently too stupid to figure out that they will have a menstrual period, it’s not surprising that they are also too stupid to be employable and earn an income.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2020 10:11 PM

Do these women genuinely believe they are men? Seriously? I can't get my head around the concept of having menstrual cramps and still believing that you're male. Surely they must know deep down it's not true.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2020 10:11 PM

^ they're too woke to work

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2020 10:12 PM

[quote]and nearly half of the women who participated in the survey were unable to afford both food and period products.

This qualifies as “failed at life”.

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2020 10:13 PM

They want Harry's or Axe or Old Spice to come out with gashplugs for 'men'. With nice woody and earthy imagery and packaging. If I were a P&G brand manager I'd do it and hike the price 20% like they do women's shavers.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2020 10:13 PM

So a woman with a beard is upset because she can't play make-believe every time she's on the rag?

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote]“Having a period already causes me a lot of [gender] dysphoria, but this dysphoria becomes heightened when I have to shop for a product that is labeled as ‘women’s health’ and in most cases, is pretty and pink,” Jones explained.

I know I'm just an ignorant homo but does this statement strike anyone else and being virulently sexist? Essentially this biological woman who thinks she's a man is so disgusted by her own body and bodily functions it's making her mentally ill and her solution is to take on a male persona. I see the same thing when MTF trans talk about wanting to have doors opened for them and their desire to be treated like a lady.

As r2 points out it's disgusting that no one has pointed this problem out as it relates to low income actual bio women who far out number trans women.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2020 10:14 PM

They don't buy the products because they are pink? This must be a parody.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2020 10:15 PM

Run down to the Dollar Store and pick up a bag of cleaning rags. That oughta work, Sis.

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2020 10:19 PM

They just might want to 'man up' and just buy the tampons with a cold hard 'fuck you it's for my wife' stare at the Walgreen's counter. So feminine and hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2020 10:19 PM

I am an actual woman and I don't think any of the products are pink. They've all started packaging in black with flashes of color to make them look cool about a decade ago. Or, white packaging with green, blue, and maybe a little pink in some stripes or something.

And, even if they were all pink, what if the real women Proctor and Gamble are producing these for like pink? Are they going to start putting trucks and fishing tackle on the packaging for these fucking insane people?

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2020 10:21 PM

R20 you are revolting. My mother provided for me and my brother alone after pur father died and went without to ensure we had what we needed. Woman struggling to pay the bills are not failing at life and your comment has zero to do with the topic at hand. Tampons aren’t cheap.

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2020 10:21 PM

Well dude, if you don't want to keep having the menzies you need to have a complete hystorectomy. Didn't they bother telling you that?

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2020 10:22 PM

R25, they should just buy a huge box of those blue/grey industrial shop rags they use in car repair places and manufacturing shops. That should really make them feel like a man!

by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2020 10:24 PM

They need to start putting all the condoms in pink packaging for the T women so they can feel more womanly putting it on their erect dicks.

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2020 10:26 PM

Aren’t these “women who believe they’re men” on enough hormones anyway that they shouldn’t be having a period? I call bullshit.

Especially since so many of them are apparently so poor they have to choose between tampons or food, yet they obviously can afford their hormones to grow a beard???

by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2020 10:26 PM

Fixted!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2020 10:26 PM

The cult of narcissism

by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2020 10:27 PM

Maybe it could just plug itself up with these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2020 10:28 PM

I do not understand this article at all. Didn't an FtM have periods before the transition? How can an MtF have periods when there is no uterus, no ovaries, no ovulation, and no shedding of the uterine wall...you know, the process women go through every month because they are woman?

by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2020 10:33 PM

One Millions Moms started a petition in protest of a commercial about men menstruating. They are thought to believe that the ad is a reference to transgender men and non-binary people who menstruate.

The company that released the ad Thinx, makes underwear for menstrual hygiene. The ad asks what the world would be like if cisgender men had periods too, about how that would normalize it as a topic of discussion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2020 10:35 PM

Period poverty is indeed a problem, but if someone wants to go round saying they/them are a dude they/them should stop the drama. Men don't have periods, that's why nobody fucking thinks of the men who have periods (sic).

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2020 10:35 PM

r31 oh honey the chasers don't wear condoms, but they do have a diaper fetish

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2020 10:36 PM

if a color can mess up your mental health like that, you have bigger problems than a period.

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2020 10:38 PM

More proof that trans are mentally ill, in case it wasn’t already blatantly obvious to everyone on earth.

by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2020 10:43 PM

Newsflash: If you are menstruating you are NOT male!

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2020 10:49 PM

R35, how dare you steal my idea! I was going to patent some new packaging on those towels and, maybe, even see about getting Lava soap repackaged as a facial exfoliant for manly women!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2020 10:50 PM

Poor things are so easily triggered.

Maybe they should watch that commercial. Imagine the hysteria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2020 11:01 PM

Oh Christ, just ask any straight husband or live-in boyfriend how often he buys menstrual products, and he'll just laugh in your face, because guess what? The answer is CONSTANTLY. And literally no one who works in retail even blinks an eye, because it is so common a sight as to be utterly banal.

“'I didn’t believe that having periods would be a part of my lived experience,' Jones told NBC News."

GET A GRIP AND GROW THE FUCK UP.

by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2020 11:01 PM

I notice that they don't seem to get hysterectomies though. they all want to hedge their bets and get pregnant later.

trans men only draw attention by getting pregnant.

trans women get attention by being threatening and demanding

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2020 11:11 PM

Significant others go out and buy pads and tampons all of the time for their partners. Forget bitching about tampon pricing, this woman is clearly mentally ill and needs a serious mental health intervention.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote] Having a period already causes me a lot of [gender] dysphoria,

I never thought of this before--but does having to shave my legs, which every woman thinks of as just a pain in the ass, really an instance of gender dysphoria?

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote] Rodrigo Heng-Lehtinen, deputy executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality.

His mother is a former US Congresswoman.

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2020 11:19 PM

WALGREENS. DUANE READE. CVS. RITE AIDE. SAFEWAY. DOLLAR TREE.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2020 11:23 PM

We DEMAND our Masky-pads!

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2020 11:27 PM

I thought if an FTM wanted to feel like a "real man," s/he would get a hysterectomy. Silly me!

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2020 11:28 PM

I'm an actual woman from the UK/Europe and tampon packaging here is coloured according to flow. My favourite brand is Lil-lets, and blue is for a very light flow, yellow is regular, a very dark pink for super flow, green for super plus, etc.

36 tampons per period must be for one heck of a heavy flow. They're also super overpriced in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2020 11:29 PM

I'm an actual woman from the UK/Europe and tampon packaging here is coloured according to flow. My favourite brand is Lil-lets, and blue is for a very light flow, yellow is regular, a very dark pink for super flow, green for super plus, etc.

36 tampons per period must be for one heck of a heavy flow. They're also super overpriced in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2020 11:29 PM

I’m genuinely surprised; I thought removing the uterus would be one of the first things they do for a ftm trans. Why would they keep it? And then complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2020 11:30 PM

Someone in the hygiene products business is going to miss the boat if they don't start marketing "Manpons". There's a market for everything.

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2020 11:32 PM

Because they want to keep open the option of getting pregnant, r55, and a hysterectomy is pretty heavy surgery. Also, they're hypocrites and bullshiters. If a period causes you so much grief, then have the surgery to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2020 11:33 PM

I'm sure you feel real manly while you're pregnant...

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2020 11:35 PM

They should be buying menstrual cups. One time cost of $40 and they last 5+ years. Way more environmentally friendly, you can buy them from Amazon or Walmart online, and you don't have to change them nearly as often - so less triggering moments.

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2020 11:36 PM

But I can’t imagine a mtf trans wanting to keep its testicles to keep open fathering a baby later.

This shit needs to stop. Pick a fucking gender, and accept ALL that comes with that new gender.

For fuck sake.

by Anonymousreply 60January 11, 2020 11:37 PM

It surprises me that they have periods at all with the T they are taking.

You guys have to realize that having normal periods is not common to 100% of women. Athletic women (serious athletes), people on extreme diets, women with pcos and any number of endo problems can loose their periods. Also, women who naturally have high testosterone--but no where near as high as someone injecting it!--can lose their periods very easily. How the hell are these guys having normal periods?

And why don't they just take birth control? (There is a kind you can take where you don't have a period for like 6 months.)

by Anonymousreply 61January 11, 2020 11:38 PM

[quote] can loose their periods.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 62January 11, 2020 11:43 PM

you are assuming that they are taking testosterone. the large majority (VERY LARGE) of trans people of both tingly bits, do nothing more than declare that that are trans. they may also do a small amount of visual 'changes' but it really is mostly declaration and screeching

by Anonymousreply 63January 11, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote]And why don't they just take birth control? (There is a kind you can take where you don't have a period for like 6 months.)

But, but, but..those have female hormones in them and I'm a man!!!11!1!1!!!

by Anonymousreply 64January 11, 2020 11:52 PM

R63, who fucking cares? They still know the way to the drug store or supermarket. Tampons, maxipads...have at it. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 65January 11, 2020 11:53 PM

r61 you pretty much can take it non stop, some women just miss their aunt flo and have them once in a while to cleanse. there's also shots and stickers if a pill a day makes them dysphoric (a word that know means everything)

by Anonymousreply 66January 11, 2020 11:57 PM

R55, the whole trans community is moving further and further away from the idea that in order to be trans, you need to change your body to resemble that of the opposite sex. Instead, they're now claiming that all body parts - even genitals - are gender-neutral. They claim that penises can be female and vaginas can be male (yes, really). Something like ninety percent of trans "women" choose to keep their penises.

by Anonymousreply 67January 12, 2020 12:05 AM

[quote] Something like ninety percent of trans "women" choose to keep their penises.

This I knew, but every trans man I have met at my local Pride Center is definitely taking T. They all have the identical shitty looking beard. (And for some reason, really oily skin--like totally gross. And they are all overweight and short. They look like relatives.)

by Anonymousreply 68January 12, 2020 12:27 AM

[quote]Good lord, “man”, “woman” are just words. If seeing “woman” on the side of a packet of tampons is enough to stop you buying them when you need them, then I really just don’t know how you can cope with life.

Right? I have no idea how African Americans bought Ivory Soap, baby food, dishwashing liquid, shampoo, baking materials...hell, household and personal products, PERIOD, for DECADES, with all those pretty white visages on most labels, and random pickaninnies on the others.

My best friend's daughter is in her early 40s, half Jewish/half WASP, blonde/blue...with thick, coarse hair. She's used hair relaxers since her late teens. Somehow she's managed to become a successful functioning human adult despite all the black faces all over her hair care products.

I say this as a lifelong depressive, high IQ academic overachiever/professional underachiever: there are just some people who are too precious to live on Earth.

Grow the fuck up and figure your shit out without making it everyone else's problem. We don't all get what we want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 12, 2020 12:46 AM

Another "trans" mental case. I wouldn't care if they weren't constantly trying to pull the rest of us into their world of delusions.

Just get help, dude. You're not a woman and you never will be.

by Anonymousreply 70January 12, 2020 12:55 AM

The National Center for Trans Whatever should probably rethink their PR strategy if they thought this was an effective piece.

by Anonymousreply 71January 12, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote]this dysphoria becomes heightened when I have to shop for a product that is labeled as ‘women’s health’ and in most cases, is pretty and pink,” Jones explained.

SHUT

THE

FUCK

UP

This is not a real trauma.

by Anonymousreply 72January 12, 2020 1:02 AM

the REAL victims are the MTF trannies who go full op. Imagine paying all that money and not being able to bleed out your man-made snatch once a month!

by Anonymousreply 73January 12, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote] Just get help, dude. You're not a woman and you never will be.

Psst. You may wanna re-read the whole thing again.

by Anonymousreply 74January 12, 2020 1:06 AM

That’s the real tragedy, r73.

by Anonymousreply 75January 12, 2020 1:07 AM

Package them the way they do monster energy drinks.

KOTEX XXXXTREEME! For a MAN'S period!

by Anonymousreply 76January 12, 2020 1:08 AM

YAWN. So fucking boring, these trannie navel-gazers.

by Anonymousreply 77January 12, 2020 1:11 AM

I love that the cost of tampons is NOW being brought up as an issue, including the tax implications, because “men” are experiencing that burden.

Add that to the fact that viagra is covered by more insurance plans than birth control. Is there really any question why women are so frustrated in our society?

(PS, totally stifled a trans trolling urge there.... thank goodness for good Cab Sauv)

by Anonymousreply 78January 12, 2020 1:13 AM

MENstruation.

It's right there in the name. Of course, men MENstruate.

If this were a natural function for females, it would be called WOMENstruation, wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 79January 12, 2020 1:20 AM

What about WHOA!-Men’s-tration?

by Anonymousreply 80January 12, 2020 1:24 AM

Jesus Christ. What kind of bullshit is this?

by Anonymousreply 81January 12, 2020 1:27 AM

Only women get periods

by Anonymousreply 82January 12, 2020 1:29 AM

waiting to see who will first to the market with "manpons"

by Anonymousreply 83January 12, 2020 1:40 AM

I hope if we get decent healthcare in this country it will cover trans surgery. These half 'n halfs are disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 84January 12, 2020 1:51 AM

R83, meet r56.

by Anonymousreply 85January 12, 2020 1:59 AM

What's the long game here? Will there be any kind of push back from the scientific or medical communities? Feels like any criticism of trans in any way is going to be punished unless there is a critical mass and I don't see many young women pushing back against this.

by Anonymousreply 86January 12, 2020 2:45 AM

This is a troll post.

Where’s that NBC News link? Only on the OP’s puny cocklet.

-773,848/10

by Anonymousreply 87January 12, 2020 5:02 AM

Uh, R87, the link is literally at the end of OP's post.

by Anonymousreply 88January 12, 2020 8:10 AM

As a non binary LGBTQIA++ trans person I find the word "womb" offensive and the word needs to be urgently ungendered to stop discriminating against non binary LGBTQIA++ trans people like me.

The idea that only WOMen have WOMbs is LITERALLY hate speech.

I am also in the process of creating a petition to get Michelle Williams blacklisted from Hollywood after her hate speech when she talked about "WOMen's rights" in relation to abortion. By deliberately excluding non binary LGBTQIA++ trans people like me from requiring abortions she is literally encouraging people to tie non binary LGBTQIA++ trans people like me to train tracks, throw concrete bricks at them and let wild animals chew the remains of our broken bodies.

GENDERED HATE SPEECH MUST END

by Anonymousreply 89January 12, 2020 8:28 AM

[quote]And why don't they just take birth control?

Why would men take birth control? Are you daft?

by Anonymousreply 90January 12, 2020 8:37 AM

[quote]The idea that only WOMen have WOMbs is LITERALLY hate speech.

Uh, no. It's 9th grade Biology. It's reality. It's sanity. It's absolute and incontrovertible proof that no matter how much testosterone a female takes, no matter how much she medically mutilates herself, she remains forever a FEMALE.

by Anonymousreply 91January 12, 2020 8:38 AM

This silly navel-gazing idiot should get an IUD. That will stop menstruation and end the angst of buying feminine hygiene products.

by Anonymousreply 92January 12, 2020 8:46 AM

R88 the OP’s post is grayed out from excessive F&Fing and when that happens the imbedded link in the OP also disappears.

by Anonymousreply 93January 12, 2020 8:54 AM

I'm a woman of color - how am I meant to put a tampon all the way up my jap's eye? they're far too thick!! I can only get it 2 inches in.

Tampons need to be redesigned to accommodate diversity and the needs of women like me. White het cis women have had a stranglehold on tampon design for generations and it excludes women of colour like me and my sisters.

by Anonymousreply 94January 12, 2020 9:08 AM

[quote] How can an MtF have periods

They can't, Physiologically impossible obviously. If there are any who are claiming they do have periods then they need psychiatric treatment because they're crazy.

by Anonymousreply 95January 12, 2020 9:34 AM

These trans people (M2F & F2M) who constantly find something to whine about are probably a large minority of the trans population. I think these are the people who were profoundly mentally unbalanced before they even became trans. I think trans people who are serious about changing from the get-go go the full surgical route up front and then just live their lives and don't whimper about every perceived slight from the CIS community. It seems the ones who just do dress up and are nothing more than transvestites do it just to get attention and if they don't get the attention they want they start sniveling about being made to feel like they're not as good as non trans people by whoever they can blame.

by Anonymousreply 96January 12, 2020 9:42 AM

The article is a plug (pun not intended), for MtFs who are pre reassignment, and are feeling “off” due to hormones, or for post surgery patients who are bleeding regularly, as opposed to monthly, due to 2 x daily dilation.

by Anonymousreply 97January 12, 2020 9:52 AM

And yet there are gay people who still want them to stay attached to LG! LITERALLY WTF IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO WAKE ALL OF YOU THE FUCK UP, when they are literally just getting more and more and more FUCKED UP by the day. A massive amount of people still equate this INSANE tranny shit with gay people, and so if they are already homophobic to begin with and see and read this stuff, gay people are put on the firing line even more and yet again!!!!

by Anonymousreply 98January 12, 2020 10:17 AM

This shit makes my books read like the operating manual for a washing machine.

by Anonymousreply 99January 12, 2020 10:58 AM

[quote]This silly navel-gazing idiot should get an IUD. That will stop menstruation and end the angst of buying feminine hygiene products.

Because then she won’t have anything to complain about, and feel victimized about, and draw endless attention to herself, and make it all about ME, ME, ME... which is the real goal here.

by Anonymousreply 100January 12, 2020 10:59 AM

[quote]I think these are the people who were profoundly mentally unbalanced before they even became trans.

ANYONE who believes that they can change their biological gender is profoundly mentally unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 101January 12, 2020 11:01 AM

Any medical professional who supports and promotes the "trans" nonsense is criminally negligent.

by Anonymousreply 102January 12, 2020 11:28 AM

R102: FUCK YES. They have got away with this barbaric 1920's-1930's Frankenstein shit, because the amount of corrupt money they are receiving is MASSIVE. They have co-opted the legal system and numerous other organisations to make this undeniable lunacy possible! We are living in scarier times than the past if this kind of evil shit can be made okay in 2020!

by Anonymousreply 103January 12, 2020 11:38 AM

[quote]They have co-opted the legal system and numerous other organisations to make this undeniable lunacy possible!

Physics R103 . For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Just like with Catholic Church, lobotomies and electric shock therapy abuses, the day of reckoning for the abuse/criminal negligence perpetrated by medical professionals promoting medical mutilation aka the "trans" nonsense will come.

by Anonymousreply 104January 12, 2020 11:47 AM

R104: Amen! I couldn't agree more with you!

by Anonymousreply 105January 12, 2020 11:52 AM

A big problem is that news outlets like NBC report this shit trying to garner support for these types of insane claims. And they wonder why many Americans don't trust the "main stream media."

by Anonymousreply 106January 12, 2020 11:56 AM

NBC is doing this to try to gain the support of LGBT. They were doing it for Pride month too. They want the gays to love them.

by Anonymousreply 107January 12, 2020 12:20 PM

What pink? Why is every stupid claim going unchallenged? As a poster mentioned above, the products are not pink.

We don't have incontinent old people complaining that diaper packaging shows babies.

We don't see the 2 million Americans who have lost a limb complaining that feel excluding every time they're taunted with the PRESUMPTION of clothing designed with two sleeves, two pant legs.

IEvery ad that shows a straight couple doesn't reflect me, but I don't shit my pants about it.

I agree it's a small minority of trans who behave this way. Most people I know are trying to live their lives and not demanding that a symbol of womanhood be removed from packaging—a symbol I never noticed anyway.

by Anonymousreply 108January 12, 2020 12:45 PM

When the truth, r107, is that it's turning many gays against them.

by Anonymousreply 109January 12, 2020 12:45 PM

[quote]FUCK YES. They have got away with this barbaric 1920's-1930's Frankenstein shit, because the amount of corrupt money they are receiving is MASSIVE.

Between the surgeries, the hormones, the continuous aftercare, and the psychiatric care...”trans medicine” is a huge moneymaker for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. That’s why this is being promoted endlessly by the corrupt media. These mentally ill people are being exploited so that others can get rich.

by Anonymousreply 110January 12, 2020 12:56 PM

Why doesn’t a company simply create a tampon for transmen and make a shit ton of money off it? Call them special male period pads, slap on an extra $10 and call it a day.

The tampons and pads for ciswomen will still be available to the transmen if they don’t want to pay the higher price.

by Anonymousreply 111January 12, 2020 1:01 PM

[quote] Why would men take birth control? Are you daft?

Because she’s not a fucking man!

by Anonymousreply 112January 12, 2020 1:26 PM

These people are, by definition, PSYCHOTIC.

When you see and hear things that aren’t there, that’s psychosis.

I can’t even believe that anyone is entertaining this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 113January 12, 2020 1:26 PM

Trans - and usually it's MtF - are the most eye rolling people ever. They just attention grabbers. They offer nothing. I feel most are just flat out liars (I have met a few that are legit trans and I am great friends with them). I have a crazy cousin who is now a "WE". Okay. Whatever. She's a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 114January 12, 2020 1:31 PM

Wait. Are we taking about born men who think they menstruate?

Or born women who live as men, who are bothered about feminine hygiene products they are forced to use and don’t like the packaging/price?

I’m so confused. To me, “trans man” is a woman who has transitioned to live as a man. And vice versa. Is that incorrect?

by Anonymousreply 115January 12, 2020 1:32 PM

I'd like to think that I'm a good democrat. I believe in inclusion and diversity. I respect the rights of trans men and women and try to be an ally. But c'mon y'all. If buying a box of Tampax is causing you to melt down, then maybe you need more time on the shrink's couch. Or maybe you should just suck it up and accept the realities of the hand that you've been dealt, buy the damned Tampax and be done with it. There is no reason to make this a thing. Your bonus hole leaks once a month. Plug it up, laugh it off and keep living your life. No need for trauma.

by Anonymousreply 116January 12, 2020 1:55 PM

If being a man means that you don't have to buy tampons, but your body says you empathically DO have to buy tampons. You are not a man. No big deal. Keep calling yourself whatever you want. But quit bitching and just deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 117January 12, 2020 2:25 PM

R111, that's a good point. I see the consumerism (gimme gimme gimme, negative reviews) but not the entrepreneurial spirit in these complaints. Go fucking start a Kickstarter campaign to make Manpons. See for yourself that probably, there are people who will throw their money at this ridiculous notion. And then you deal with marketing a brand, fulfilling orders. Get off your lazy ass and do it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 118January 12, 2020 2:48 PM

[quote]Why doesn’t a company simply create a tampon for transmen and make a shit ton of money off it?

Because only .003% of the population are trans and most are MTF. Transmen only make up .001% of the population. How are you going to make a shit ton of money off of that?

by Anonymousreply 119January 12, 2020 2:49 PM

[quote] ANYONE who believes that they can change their biological gender is profoundly mentally unbalanced.

I don't think most of them think they're changing their bio gender, but rather their physical gender (at least in appearance). Genetically they will always be what they were born as and there is no way to change it. If anyone thinks they can, then they're insane.

by Anonymousreply 120January 12, 2020 3:29 PM

r57 But couldn't they have their tubes tied or is that also major surgery?

by Anonymousreply 121January 12, 2020 4:35 PM

[quote]I'd like to think that I'm a good democrat. I believe in inclusion and diversity. I respect the rights of trans men and women and try to be an ally. But c'mon y'all. If buying a box of Tampax is causing you to melt down, then maybe you need more time on the shrink's couch. Or maybe you should just suck it up and accept the realities of the hand that you've been dealt, buy the damned Tampax and be done with it. There is no reason to make this a thing. Your bonus hole leaks once a month. Plug it up, laugh it off and keep living your life. No need for trauma.

Let the people say AMEN

by Anonymousreply 122January 12, 2020 4:38 PM

r120 you clearly have no idea how delusional most of them are. right now there's a trend of not transitioning (i.e. keeping the cock) because "a female body is the body you have"

in the UK there are workshops for gay men to learn to be more inclusive and understand how to suck pussy

you can't give them an inch, they will want a mile

by Anonymousreply 123January 12, 2020 4:38 PM

r121: not only it's major surgery, in plenty of countries you need a husband authorization to do so. usually doctors only tie tubes after the woman has had a fair share of children and right after childbirth (c-section) because everything is already "open" anyways

by Anonymousreply 124January 12, 2020 4:40 PM

Yes, here we go r123. Get over those transphobic genital preferences!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 12, 2020 4:41 PM

Having one’s tubes tied will not prevent them from having a period, just prevent pregnancy.

The simple solution, as already mentioned, is to have an IUD inserted, which can be done in a gynecologist’s office.

Of course, trans are not interested in solutions, they are interested in maximizing their victimhood status.

by Anonymousreply 126January 12, 2020 4:45 PM

IUD’s would make the most sense, but it’s not a guarantee to stop a period completely. Same for a hormonal birth control like Seasonale.

Doctors are LOATH to give a woman of childbearing age a hysterectomy unless there’s a physical pathology that requires it. (It’s not the same kind of traumatic surgery it once was; it can be done intravaginally, often, and requires little hospitalization.) Doesn’t matter how much you beg and plead. Of course, if you plead trans, they probably will fall all over themselves to rid you of the pesky thing. After all, that would be LITERAL VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 127January 12, 2020 5:01 PM

I always wonder why transpeople are so deadset on having the world reflect their reality, when other larger minority groups have never been given this much respect or leeway.

If you criticize or ask relevant questions, you are immediately called a transphope, terf, etc. When you rely on actual science and biological definitions of sex, you are somehow the scrouge of the trans community and you become a gential fetishist or other such nonsense.

If you are trans, that's fine, but have some respect for actual women and don't throw us under a bus so your rights trump ours.

As for men buying feminine hygiene products, it happens all the time. My dad had three daughters and he was constantly picking up our pads and tampons at a store. He didn't care and he's a big burly dude.

by Anonymousreply 128January 12, 2020 5:12 PM

R121, getting tubes ties still leaves a uterus that bleeds.

by Anonymousreply 129January 12, 2020 5:20 PM

I just typed “tampons” into Amazon and got 303 results. There’s literally no need to leave your house to buy these products if it’s too “traumatic” for these trannies.

by Anonymousreply 130January 12, 2020 5:23 PM

Aren’t the FTM’s on hormones that dry up menstrual function? Is this some sort of testimony that’ll make it easier to drug prepubescent kids, so they don’t have to experience a universal female experience?

by Anonymousreply 131January 12, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote]“I didn’t believe that having periods would be a part of my lived experience,” Jones told NBC News.

Is there any kind of experience that isn't "lived"?

by Anonymousreply 132January 12, 2020 5:57 PM

For the lazy idiot at R87, here's the link again.

Have at it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 12, 2020 6:10 PM

[quote]Is there any kind of experience that isn't "lived"?

There’s the delusional experience that exists inside these trannies’ heads.

by Anonymousreply 134January 12, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote]I just typed “tampons” into Amazon and got 303 results. There’s literally no need to leave your house to buy these products if it’s too “traumatic” for these trannies.

But have you seen the product descriptions on Amazon? Not very inclusive. Not to mention all the reviews by women.

by Anonymousreply 135January 12, 2020 6:23 PM

My body is transphobic, it wants to bleed!

by Anonymousreply 136January 12, 2020 6:32 PM

R80 Cheers, I like your cleverness. It's hysterical, yet I can see it now... Big strapping Lumberjack type, like Brawny paper towel bloke. "Manpons for Men's Stration" They might just be able to bring back the scented variety as well: Cedar and Oakmoss, or Pine and Lichen.

by Anonymousreply 137January 12, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote}When he was 14, Kenny dropped out of school, and by the age of 17, he had shaved his head and started taking hormone blockers as he came to terms with his gender identity.

I had no idea that it was possible to drop out at fourteen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 12, 2020 6:33 PM

Manpons are not being marketed because the market for them is minuscule.

by Anonymousreply 139January 12, 2020 6:46 PM

From an article dated May 24, 2018...

[quote]Now I am 24 years old, and I haven't bled since I was 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 12, 2020 6:49 PM

It’s safe to assume that someone with an eighth-grade education isn’t very knowledgeable about most things.

by Anonymousreply 141January 12, 2020 6:53 PM

The trans movement is more misogynist than even anti-abortion monsters. These people are trying to ERASE WOMEN from reality.

by Anonymousreply 142January 12, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote]If buying a box of Tampax is causing you to melt down, then maybe you need more time on the shrink's couch.

Agreed. I'd add that if you go into "dysphoria" when you hear your "deadname," that also might be a clue that you're not a Brave Trans Warrior, but a mental case whose issues have nothing to do with LGB people.

[quote]I hate my deadname. I hate how feminine and young I look. I hate my height. I hate myself. I hate my dysphoria and body dysmorphia. I hate everything, I'm so tired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 12, 2020 7:28 PM

calling your friend "brother from another mother" or "sister from another mister"

- kinda boring

- overdone

- no gender neutral alternative

calling your friend "a clown from the same circus"

- grabs ur attention

- what circus? tell me more

- gender neutral

- bond like no other

by Anonymousreply 144January 12, 2020 7:35 PM

"The World Doesn't Make Room for Menstrating Men" (not a Jackie Collins title):

[quote]On the way back from a recent camping trip, [bold]period activist Cass Bliss[/bold] stopped at a gas station to change their tampon. But first, they counted the cars in the parking lot. Then, walking into the station, they glanced at the checkout counter (was a man or a woman manning the register?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 13, 2020 1:16 AM

From R145: "Then, walking into the station, they glanced at the checkout counter (was a man or a woman manning the register?)."

Ummm, I thought you couldn't tell someone's gender just by looking at them. Right, Cass?

by Anonymousreply 146January 13, 2020 2:41 AM

Ugh. I did an image search of Cass Bliss and it appears changing tampons is out, and why wouldn’t it be? Free-bleeding through chinos, legs spread, on a public bench gets so much more attention.

I’ll spare you the graphic photo but I assure you, xy doesn’t bleed red glitter.

by Anonymousreply 147January 13, 2020 3:20 AM

r143 - Uh…is that Tatiana Maslany's (or whatever enby TMas now refers to xyzerself as) actual secret twitter?

by Anonymousreply 148January 13, 2020 9:07 AM

R148: It looks exactly like her! I loved Orphan Black and thought she did a great job as the main actress in the show, but if this is actually her and she is into this INSANE tranny shit; then I officially hate her!

Maybe this is why she played a trans role in Orphan Black, because it's actually what she thinks she is in real life.

by Anonymousreply 149January 13, 2020 10:56 AM

[quote]Because only .003% of the population are trans and most are MTF. Transmen only make up .001% of the population. How are you going to make a shit ton of money off of that?

r119, which makes it all the more baffling that companies like Always will risk alienating their entire customer base (aka 50% of the world population) to appease an infinitesimal number of people. And, as others have said, it will never be enough, they will never be satisfied because all of it is based on the flimsiest of gender stereotypes. You can try to force others to change their language, you can change packaging, you can try to rewrite history, and on and on. None of it will matter in the end because reality will always triumph over delusion eventually.

by Anonymousreply 150January 26, 2020 9:05 PM

How can a man have a period?

by Anonymousreply 151January 26, 2020 9:09 PM

They are women cosplaying as men, R151, so unless and until they have a hysterectomy or until they take so much T their uterus shrivels up and turns cancerous, they bleed, as women do.

by Anonymousreply 152January 27, 2020 2:58 AM

My city's arts centre has now installed tampon bins in the men's toilet cubicles.

Except the cubicles are so narrow the bin can't fit alongside the toilet like in the photo, they're in front of the toilet behind the door, which makes the door harder to open and the toilets themselves harder to fit on. And the shape of the tampon bins means you can't rest your phone on it without it sliding off!!

Have women had to put up with his poor ergonomics since forever?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 15, 2020 4:49 PM

Why the fuck would you rest your phone on a dirty tampon bin or on anything in a public restroom?

by Anonymousreply 154March 15, 2020 5:09 PM

yes, we have r153

by Anonymousreply 155March 15, 2020 5:09 PM

From the article at r145: Because most of the cisgender men they share bathrooms with don't expect to see someone carry a tampon inside the stall, or hear the distinctive sound a pad makes when you rip it open, or throw period products into the trash can outside.

You don't have to display the tampon as you carry it into the stall, nor do you have to make a scene about throwing out some trash, and mainly: I don't think most cisgender men have any idea of the sound pad makes when you rip it open, good grief

by Anonymousreply 156March 15, 2020 5:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!