Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do we think of Mandy Moore’s Zoe’s Extraordinary Playlist?

It’s as if Pitch Perfect and My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend had a babby. 🎤🎵🎶

Mandy Moore has put together another hit show with a fantastic top knot cast:

Mary Steenburgen

Peter Gallagher

Lauren Graham

Skylar Austin

Emma Stone

Alex Newell

Nick Baga

Lisa Marie Anderson

Michael Thomas Grant

Kapil Talwalkar

Andrew Leeds

And they all sing and dance! 💃🏻🕺🏼👯‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2020 10:46 PM

How You Know The ‘Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist’ Cast

Alex Newell takes on the role of Zoey’s friend Mo on “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist.” He first appeared on the reality show “The Glee Project” before ultimately recurring on “Glee” as Unique Adams. Newell focused on music for a while, releasing a debut album as well as singles with Clean Bandit and others, before he made his Broadway debut. In 2018, he starred as Asaka in the Broadway revival of “Once on This Island.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2020 2:55 PM

Top knot

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2020 2:56 PM

The Beatles song must have cost a fortune. They sure mean business. I love Jane Levy (Suburgatory and What/If) and Alex Newell (Glee / The Glee Project). It's a nice show.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2020 3:06 PM

Peter Gallagher sees your True Colors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2020 3:07 PM

The trailer for this looked awful. It seems like it wants to be Glee, but with an even more incoherent premise. I cannot see this being successful.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2020 3:22 PM

I saw the pilot on YouTube as I was trying to watch a gay short film. I thought it was just an ad but it was the whole episode.

I loved the musical numbers. Skylar Austin is fucking adorable and I usually find him annoying.

The Goop joke was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2020 3:28 PM

God I hate TV..

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2020 3:30 PM

Where do you usually find Skylar Austin annoying?

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2020 3:31 PM

He sings when you fuck him in the asshole. He’s a compulsive singer!

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2020 3:38 PM

I hate Jane Levy. Her speaking voice is incredibly annoying. Screwy pitch and cadence.

I love the idea but Levy is a dealbreaker.

by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2020 5:21 PM

You’ve fucked Skylar in the asshole before, R9?!

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2020 12:12 AM

Why is Emma Stone doing this shit? She has an Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2020 12:14 AM

[Quote] The Goop joke was brilliant.

What was the joke?

by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2020 12:26 AM

The joke is in the clip at the OP.

by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2020 4:33 AM

So does Steenburgen, R12. So either:

The show is lots better than the teasers we've seen so far would indicate, or;

MS and ES have REALLY got some bills to pay.

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2020 8:14 AM

Terrible show. Can't see this lasting.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2020 8:16 AM

Did any of you even watch the show? The whole episode is at the OP.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2020 8:38 AM

Emma Stone isn't involved with this shit, R12. OP thinks Emma and Jane Levy are the same person! LQTM

by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2020 9:49 AM

I’ve never liked Jane Levy. She completely ruined the show when she got together with Niles.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2020 10:13 AM

R19: You are talking about Jane Leeves, dear

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2020 10:22 AM

[Quote] Why is Emma Stone doing this shit? She has an Oscar!

[Quote] I’ve never liked Jane Levy. She completely ruined the show when she got together with Niles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2020 1:23 PM

I actually liked it - reminded me of Pushing Daisies....but I'm old and what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2020 1:28 PM

Lauren Graham should have come with an expiration date that arrived years ago. Is she known for singing at all, or will they just autotune her into the show?

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2020 1:53 PM

Didn’t they try this shit before with “Cop Rock”?

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2020 2:01 PM

I liked the musical reveal that the friendly co-worker is really a snake who is so ready to stab Zoey in the back to get the promotion.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2020 2:41 PM

I haven’t watched it, but it looks embarrassing for all involved. Like “High School Musical”, grown up.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2020 2:47 PM

It had some charm. I see this working better as a movie rather than a series. Or a very limited 10-episode run then curtain down.

by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2020 2:47 PM

I like the basic premise that Zoey has the gift to know people's problems (revealed to her through personal musical numbers) and help them to solve their problems or issues.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2020 2:49 PM

So are they using the Glee launch playbook here? Release the pilot, but then a wide stretch of time before the series actually goes into rotation? What’s the advantage to that? Are the songs on iTunes and they hope to build momentum with sales and interest for it to come back on and have an audience raring to go? Doesn’t sound like a good strategy.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2020 3:01 PM

Worked for Glee, didn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote] So are they using the Glee launch playbook here? Release the pilot, but then a wide stretch of time before the series actually goes into rotation? What’s the advantage to that?

They can check out social media what worked and what didn't and use that information to tweak the show.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2020 4:39 PM

Episode 2 finally aired Sunday night. I liked it enough, but just like most series it is too soon to tell if it can sustain its premise over the long haul. The novelty could wear off quite quickly. It's interesting that Lauren Graham is listed as "special guest star". Is that a vanity credit or is she really not a series regular? I also noticed the credit "Choreography by Mandy Moore". I didn't notice that on the pilot. Skylar Astin could be the best part of this. He has true charisma. One final note: how does Peter Gallagher not break up the set with those goofy faces he has to make?

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2020 12:15 PM

Loved it. Cried when Peter Gallagher sang "True Colors" to his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2020 12:57 PM

I never thought the fat hammy guy with the weird hair in Spring Awakening would have a career.

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2020 1:01 PM

I would watch anything with Skylar....he's so yummy!

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2020 1:07 PM

I suffered through the first episode. God, what a dreadful show this is. First of all, It tries WAY too hard to be hip and "woke":

- Girl software engineer boss overseeing an all male staff of varying ethnicities - CHECK - Overweight African American drag queen best friend - CHECK - African American big boss guy who could be a potential love interest for the white girl - CHECK - Hanging out at coffee shops and talking about sustainable farming restaurants and Instagram posts - CHECK - Lessons in effective people management - CHECK

On top of that, the actors perform their roles as if they're constantly on the verge of looking at the camera and saying, "Did you like how clever I sounded? Wasn't that funny? Are you enjoying the rapid fire comeback lines as much as I am?"

Then you have poor Peter Gallagher as a victim of some neurological disorder, vegetating in a paralyzed state. Who says advanced neurological disease isn't a real knee slapper?

And worst of all, although the show is set in San Francisco, it's definitely not in San Francisco. The opening outside dance number was filmed somewhere in Vancouver. And the trendy office building Zoe works in isn't even an actual building in San Francisco. Come on, guys! At least TRY to bring some authenticity to the table,

All in all, the show sucks donkey dong. And that's a shame, because I really like Jane Levy. She was terrific in Suburgatory, but in this, she's an annoying little waif.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2020 1:24 PM

For someone so above it all, you invested an awful lot of time in critiquing it, r36. But I have to feel sorry for you. It must suck to be such a negative person.

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2020 1:27 PM

Sorry I didn't like your show, Mandy Moore - er - R37.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2020 1:36 PM

I heard some off-key warbling and realized my partner was watching this. If I can sing better than the performers, something ain’t right.

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2020 2:43 PM

Yeah....I don't know how they're going to last for a season or two without people getting bored.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2020 10:11 PM

I’m enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 41February 18, 2020 10:14 PM

Of course the gays will complain about a mainstream TV show for being “too woke.”

Will you ever stop being so miserable?

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2020 10:25 PM

I don’t think making the lead character so unlikable was a good move for this show.

by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2020 12:57 AM

Why is Alex Newell ok playing a stereotype? He makes Titus in Kimmy Schmidt seem nuanced.

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2020 1:00 AM

Maybe I was not watching closely enough, but I did not realize that the character was not female and was not played by a woman till reading this.

by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2020 1:14 AM

I’m assuming she has a brain tumor and this turns dark at some point soon?

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2020 1:39 AM

OP, are you Nick Baga?

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2020 1:48 AM

I watched the first two episodes online. I also didn't realize that the black neighbor was a man dressed as a woman. His character is fairly amusing. I'm not loving the show, though, and doubt I will even watch the next episode. The dialogue is too stilled and artificial -- especially her conversations with the guy she has a crush on; knocking over his award with a football...really?!? -- and no one is really likable. Crazy Ex Girlfriend had similar moments in which the characters broke into songs, but, in that show, it made sense, because the lead character was imagining musical spectacles in order to create some sort of order in her life, but I don't know why the character is having musical visions here. What is the point, other than to drive the plot forward? It isn't connected enough to her personality or plight for it to make sense. I do admire the cinematography and how the dancing is filmed in long takes, which is nice to see. I learned nothing new about the characters in the second episode than I did in the first, which is not a good thing. The story needs to move forward instead of just being random musical episodes.

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2020 2:37 AM

The show is like a combination of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and "Wonderfalls." Anyone remember that show? It was about the girl who worked at the Niagara Falls gift shop who could hear the souvenirs in the shop talking to her, and they wouldn't shut up until she helped people in her life solve their problems.

by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2020 9:05 AM

I hope people realize that the Mandy Moore involved here is the choreographer and not the actress.

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2020 1:11 PM

[quote] I hope people realize that the Mandy Moore involved here is the choreographer and not the actress.

Actually I didn't know! LOL. I was thinking the This is Us actress/singer had branched out into producing. They shouldn't be allowed to go by the same name!

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2020 1:42 PM

[quote]Lauren Graham should have come with an expiration date that arrived years ago. Is she known for singing at all, or will they just autotune her into the show?

Known for singing - no, but Lauren Graham actually sings reasonably well.

It would be better as a movie, rather than a tv show. The premise wears thin after a couple episodes.

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2020 1:52 PM

I watched the first two episodes last night. I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2020 2:11 PM

I should start watching this show and Katy Keene back to back.

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2020 2:12 PM

After seeing the latest episode, I think I know why this show isn't working, at least for me. She has access to everyone's deepest thoughts, via the music, but she doesn't do anything with it. She doesn't try to help them, nor does she try to understand their souls are trying to speak to her. No; she sees it as a burden, and it makes her gift pointless,, and it makes her unlikeable. Also, the guy who plays the co worker she is attracted to is a terrible actor, and they have zero chemistry, so all the interactions between them are forced and cringy. Can all they talk about is their fathers?!!? (And why did Peter Gallagher agree to do this? Maybe it's an easy paycheck for not having to remember any lines.)

by Anonymousreply 55February 24, 2020 2:57 PM

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I like my tea sweet (and sentimental, with pretty impressive musical numbers). Three episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 56February 24, 2020 5:49 PM

r49 it's more of a "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" and "Eli Stone" imo.

She may have a tumor because this hearing songs ability came to her while she was in an MRI tube but they have not revealed that at this time.

In Eli Stone he also broke into song because he had a brain tumor.

by Anonymousreply 57February 24, 2020 6:13 PM

I adored the last episode. I had to rewatch Joan interrupt Zoey’s describing herself as a “colleague” with “subordinate” several times.

Justin Kirk’s entrance to “Jesus Christ Superstar” was very on point and satisfying.

I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 58February 24, 2020 7:01 PM

If Lauren Graham were married to Justin Kirk, we know who'd be the top.

by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2020 7:44 PM

Why are there so many non launching threads for this show?

by Anonymousreply 60February 26, 2020 2:58 AM

Is Alex Newel vying for the role of Precious in the remake?

by Anonymousreply 61February 26, 2020 3:00 AM

Was signing not a part of the audition process for this show?

by Anonymousreply 62February 26, 2020 3:01 AM

I thought this Mandy Moore was a choreographer? The movement with the musical segments are horrible and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 63February 26, 2020 3:03 AM

Did she not get the MRI after the earthquake? When is the Brian tumor diagnosis going to come out to explain the musical segments?

by Anonymousreply 64February 26, 2020 3:05 AM

Does traffic not exist in the weird Silicon Valley?

by Anonymousreply 65February 26, 2020 3:27 AM

The dialogue can be at very best described as corny, but the writers and actors seemed very pleased with themselves and its delivery. They must deem it ultra cool.

by Anonymousreply 66February 26, 2020 9:44 AM

I couldn't make it past the second morning her neighbor's music woke her up. Just not funny to those of us who have lived through it.

Morning has broken, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 67February 26, 2020 10:52 AM

[quote] Was signing not a part of the audition process for this show?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 68February 26, 2020 12:04 PM

I thought the third episode was somewhat belabored. I didn't need to hear so much "Satisfaction,' which to me is one of the most overplayed songs of all time. But I enjoy the show. Unlike "Perfect Harmony," which barely has any music at all, this show does have some fun numbers.

by Anonymousreply 69February 26, 2020 12:09 PM

Ugh, why do I keep hate watching this show?

by Anonymousreply 70March 2, 2020 10:34 PM

Alex Newell had the same kind of "reveal" performance in this as they did in Glee, to not as good effect.

Not everybody in the show needs to sing, with Lauren Graham on the list of people who need to stop.

I have a hard time believing Skyler Astin is straight.

by Anonymousreply 71March 3, 2020 9:32 PM

[Quote] I have a hard time believing Skyler Astin is straight.

Well he just got divorced and Anna has gay rumours.

by Anonymousreply 72March 3, 2020 11:36 PM

I like Skyler Astin - he's got that same adorable quality that Paul Rudd has - of course, to a much lesser extent.

by Anonymousreply 73March 4, 2020 12:55 AM

I want John Clarence Stewart (Simon) in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 74March 4, 2020 2:41 AM

r33, MARY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 75March 4, 2020 2:50 AM

Skler Astin had a gratuitous shirtless scene last night and he has a decent body. Can't get past the goofy face and gay demeanor, though.

by Anonymousreply 76March 16, 2020 8:02 PM

Is no one else hate watching this show with me? Astin’s character knows about her “powers” which is bad because he’s one of the few who can actually sing along with Alex Newell who also knows so doesn’t sing much. Then there’s the rest of the cast who can’t sing or dance, why was there no aptitude audition for these skills? The choreography is so simplistic and herky jerky, yet most of the actors can barely handle it and it looks laughable. And the worst part, Zoey herself is singing too. I assumed she was hired for her bearable comedic acting skills knowing she wouldn’t sing, but opps there it is and it’s terrible.

by Anonymousreply 77March 30, 2020 1:09 PM

I think everyone has stopped watching this show.

An interesting idea, poorly executed.

by Anonymousreply 78March 30, 2020 1:13 PM

Loved it at first, now barely tolerating it. As an audience member, I hated watching her perform in the board room as much as the people sitting there did. And I really didn't need to hear her groan her way through five songs. I thought she was a better singer than that, but I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 79March 30, 2020 1:21 PM

After seeing the ads, I've come to the conclusion that the premise is just too mind-numbingly stupid for me to waste time watching.

by Anonymousreply 80March 30, 2020 1:24 PM

I watched it but I got the feeling I have seen it before. Another interracial couple pushed down our throats. The guy Zoey is lusting after is okay but hardly a dream guy and he seems too old for her plus he has a beard just like 99% of all men today. I didn’t even finish the episode.

by Anonymousreply 81March 30, 2020 1:32 PM

[quote] Then there’s the rest of the cast who can’t sing or dance, why was there no aptitude audition for these skills? The choreography is so simplistic and herky jerky, yet most of the actors can barely handle it and it looks laughable.

That is sort of the point, isn't it. It's not supposed to be broadway productions with costumes and perfect choreography. It's supposed to be normal people about whom she gets insights into their psyche based on the songs they sing to her.

[quote]And the worst part, Zoey herself is singing too.

She doesn't normally, does she? I thought it was because it was "glitching" because she was so upset about her father's prognosis and needed to "help" herself deal with the trauma she was avoiding.

The show is really no worse than anything currently on network tv. It's the song and dance version of God Friended Me and a half dozen other feel good shows whose hook is that we're all in this together and need to help each other.

by Anonymousreply 82March 30, 2020 4:38 PM

[quote] but opps there it is

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 83March 30, 2020 4:45 PM

I don't know how Peter Gallagher can make those silly faces without everyone dropping to their knees in convulsions.

by Anonymousreply 84March 30, 2020 4:46 PM

I assumed the actress playing Zoey was some young Tony nominated star making their TV debut No?

by Anonymousreply 85March 30, 2020 6:23 PM

I absolutely love this show. I find it sweet, funny, and charming, and I love the musical numbers. It’s so much better than the Spring Awakening-themed show from a year or two ago.

by Anonymousreply 86March 30, 2020 6:32 PM

R85, Jane Levy has never even stepped foot on a Broadway stage, let alone be nominated for a Tony.

Lauren Graham was in the last (and ghastly) Guys & Dolls revival and was definitely NOT nominated for a Tony. Oof.

I actually like the show minus the musical numbers. I think the characters and story are interesting enough, but the numbers are very poorly executed and the song choices suck. She has all of the world’s music downloaded into her brain and they’re making us sit through shit like “Firework” and “Wrecking Ball?”

Alex, who was so far over the top in Once on this Island, is actually very winning and I enjoy those plots the most.

by Anonymousreply 87April 5, 2020 1:19 PM

I’m actually still enjoying this show and think it’s mostly been improving week to week, though this most recent episode was the best so far imo.

The guy who plays Leif, Michael Thomas Grant, has been an unexpected highlight and definitely has one of the best voices on the show. He also pings but looks like he may be out?

by Anonymousreply 88April 30, 2020 6:10 AM

R88 no way in hell he’s straight. Just watch some of the videos of him performing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 30, 2020 6:18 AM

It should have been a 6 episode mini series. It just doesn’t work beyond that.

I liked th3 first 2 episodes, but then it got on my nerves — actually too much music by too many not-great voices, and the scenes with her dad are excruciating.

There’s no way this gets a renewal.

by Anonymousreply 90April 30, 2020 6:33 AM

Is this awful show still on? I could barely make it through the first 3 episodes, then gave up.

by Anonymousreply 91April 30, 2020 12:34 PM

Like Glee before it, the premise runs thin after 10-12 episodes.

Fortunately, streaming services, more and more shows are done as a limited run series. That way, it could go all out for those shows and not try to save anything for the future.

by Anonymousreply 92April 30, 2020 1:51 PM

Bernadette Peters was amazing!

by Anonymousreply 93April 30, 2020 2:35 PM

It is terrible. I watched several episodes in order to give it the benefit of the doubt and for it to find time to find its footing. None of the relationships ring true, and the dialogue is stilted and unconvincing. There is absolutely no joy or point to the series.

by Anonymousreply 94April 30, 2020 2:47 PM

R93 Bernadette Peters was fantastic to see in this! I actually loved her role

And for what it’s worth, I actually thought the first three episodes were among the weakest. Episodes 3 and 10 have been the biggest low points imo. In between, I find a lot of the show enjoyable. The straight love triangle is tired, of course, but otherwise a lot of the show is fun if nothing else.

The show also seems to be leading that USA Today poll to save shows on the bubble by a pretty significant margin

by Anonymousreply 95April 30, 2020 3:45 PM

I'd only caught a few scenes here and there since the pilot but ran out of other shit to watch so finished catching up this week ahead of the Sunday finale. I actually kind of like it! If they do end up getting renewed, I've seen rumors about possibly Peter Gallagher and/or Lauren Graham not continuing which honestly I think would be to the show's benefit.

That video of the actor who plays Leif above though, holy shit. If they somehow survive to season 2 they need to take advantage of him. He's had some great comic timing especially in the back half. Add in that voice and body and I'd watch.

Skylar Astin has had a number of gay rumors, too. I'd be curious if they've ever hooked up but Astin seems mainly close to the other dude in the dumb love triangle story. Fertile ground for gossip either way

by Anonymousreply 96April 30, 2020 7:57 PM

Not a very good show and really just a warmed over Crazy Ex-Girlfriend which was much better. Sad. Could have been good.

by Anonymousreply 97April 30, 2020 11:05 PM

Who would of thought Mandy Moore would have a better career than Britney or even Jessica Simpson ( without the purses).

by Anonymousreply 98April 30, 2020 11:46 PM

R98 That's a different Mandy Moore.

by Anonymousreply 99April 30, 2020 11:47 PM

I love Lauren Graham in this, and Leif has a cute little ass.

by Anonymousreply 100April 30, 2020 11:56 PM

Oh Mandy Moore who did the musical numbers for LaLa Land? I really thought NBC let the other Mandy create a TV series. I mean it wasn’t hard to create it has been done many times.

by Anonymousreply 101April 30, 2020 11:59 PM

R100 For real

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 1, 2020 12:23 AM

John Clarence Stewart and Michael Thomas Grant, the guys who play Simon and Leif, an IG live a bit ago. Michael talks about being bi in it, mainly around 39 minutes in (says he was one of the top 80 contenders to be in the second season of the glee project but was unwilling to come out on national tv)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 1, 2020 12:35 AM

R103 "And they were like, 'oh, wait, you don't want to talk about your personal life?' And I was like, no, I'm 19 years old, I don't want to come out on national TV. My dad would kill me."

this sounds about right

by Anonymousreply 104May 1, 2020 12:58 AM

He looks 40.

by Anonymousreply 105May 1, 2020 1:35 AM

R105 assuming you’re talking about John?

by Anonymousreply 106May 1, 2020 4:31 AM

I like the show and characters, but think it really doesn’t need the music gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 107May 1, 2020 4:40 AM

Are there really workplaces like the one portrayed on this show?

by Anonymousreply 108May 1, 2020 6:55 PM

R108, I burst into song and dance every day in my office. Don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 109May 1, 2020 7:39 PM

R109 We’re on DL right now.

Of course we do.

by Anonymousreply 110May 1, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote][R108], I burst into song and dance every day in my office. Don’t you?

r109 bursts in song. Bursts into flame.

Tom ay to. To mah to.

by Anonymousreply 111May 3, 2020 3:27 PM

R111 Once more, with feeling

by Anonymousreply 112May 3, 2020 7:11 PM

If you speak with a vocal fry, you'll probably like this show.

If you've ever said "Bye-eeeeeeeeeeee," you'll probably like this show.

If you have made more than two TikTok videos, you'll probably like this show.

If you thought avocado toast was the greatest meal ever, you'll probably like this show.

If you have a YouTube channel dedicated to make-up styling, you'll probably like this show.

If you;ll think "High School Musical" is the greatest musical ever made, you'll probably like this show.

by Anonymousreply 113May 3, 2020 7:56 PM

I mostly liked it, though it was pretty uneven. The finale was sad because of her father and I'm not really interested in exploring more of the love triangle. Did not like Mo stalking the ex but they could have had her perform more. She can certainly belt out a song. Unlike Lauren Graham and Mary Steenburgen, who were hard to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 114May 5, 2020 12:44 PM

Still hate watching it and coming here to complain. Yes, the Lief character and actor and his singing has been a big uplift to the show. Sucks that he wasn’t on the Glee project because he wouldn’t come out, Ryan Murphy has something to answer for bulling teens. Bernadette was a lovely addition although they let Mary sing and dance in a funeral home which did her no favors and still let Lauren Graham sing too, they should just have her develop laryngitis for the rest of the series.

What amazes me is what the budget for getting clearance on these songs must be, they go for some very heavy hitters like the Beatles that have got to be costly. Also, it’s been months at this point since the MRI and I get that she’s caught up with the continually more impending death of the father, but when is she going to get her own diagnosis, which I can only assume to be a brain tumor? Does she just drop dead at the end of the series?

by Anonymousreply 115May 5, 2020 1:05 PM

[quote] Ryan Murphy has something to answer for bulling teens.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2020 1:29 PM

That death scene was handled very realistically more than I would have expected given the level of this show. Well done finale.

by Anonymousreply 117May 5, 2020 9:46 PM

I thought the finale was incredibly well done, and really the last two episodes both were a major step up.

If they do end up getting the renewal I’d be interested to see if they can keep that momentum going especially as is sounds like Lauren Graham’s involvement will be going down quite a bit, and Peter’s will be all but gone. Especially if they bump up the guys who play Leif and Tobin, I could see the show being a lot more enjoyable going forward.

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2020 10:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!