Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials You Love/Like/Don't Hate

I like the commercial with Clarence Frogman Henry singing "I Don't Know Why I Love You But I Do" -- I love the song and it's a pleasure to hear it so often when they play the commercial constantly. I'm not sure what they're trying to sell because I seldom look at the screen during commercials -- recently, I glanced up and saw a very sweet dog face (?whippet) staring at a lady in a bubblebath who was choosing a pet-friendly hotel on her smartphone. Still don't know what the advertiser is pushing -- dogs, bubblebaths, smartphones, hotels, travel sites? Whatever it is, so very nice to hear that great song.

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2020 12:25 AM

That black lady is married to a fat white man who can’t do laundry but has two completely black kids who are insomniacs and one completely white kid.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2020 2:21 AM

I like the Walgreens ad with the 4 older ladies playing golf; one takes a swing at the ball and hits a good one. As her friends cheer her on, the woman does this adorable little dance, swinging her arms and hips. She just looks so jazzed and happy for herself.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote]I like the commercial with Clarence Frogman Henry singing "I Don't Know Why I Love You But I Do" -- I love the song and it's a pleasure to hear it so often when they play the commercial constantly. I'm not sure what they're trying to sell

Funny, I love that rendition of "I Don't Know Why I Love You But I Do" and my ears perk up when I hear it during the commercial...but I also have no idea what they're selling.

I have to say, even though they play them over and over, I never tire of the Allstate Insurance commercials with the "mayhem" actor. The guy is fascinating to watch. He should be doing films.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2020 2:30 AM

I like the commercial, something about “I don’t know why I love you but I do”. It seems like the commercial in R1, but there is a dog.

I hate that smug women with smooth skin shilling shea (?) butter, coco butter, and coconut butter.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2020 2:32 AM

They've spent millions on the ad campaign and we have no idea what they're selling. But we do like the song.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2020 3:03 AM

All of yous who don’t know what they’re selling are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2020 12:20 PM

And yous a jerk, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2020 1:01 PM

The one for Hormel canned chili, which shows a man, wife and teen daughter dancing in their kitchen after making chili dogs. Their dance moves are really over the top and hilarious, especially the woman - they show some obviously fake legs kicking up in crazy directions which are supposed to show how happy these chili dogs make this family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2020 4:20 PM

It looks like he's a second husband with a white stepdaughter...

The whippet is cute.

by Anonymousreply 9February 4, 2020 4:32 PM

The Chanel #5 commercial set to "I Don't Want to Set The World on Fire".

Directed by Ridley Scott and evidently won him Blade Runner.

"Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?"

It was years before I realized what the question was...

by Anonymousreply 10February 4, 2020 4:37 PM

r1, the white guy might be their stepdad, who knows?

I like the commercial. I agree with OP - love that song!

by Anonymousreply 11February 4, 2020 4:41 PM

That Liberty Mutual one, liberty, liberty, LIBERTY! So annoying!

by Anonymousreply 12February 4, 2020 4:45 PM

[R12] with the puppet? Yes! Annoying and unfunny!

by Anonymousreply 13February 4, 2020 4:48 PM

I used to love the commercial you're talking about, OP. But since I've now seen it 3,000 times I'm loving it less. It's for Expedia. BTW that dog needs to GO OUT.

I like the commercial with people at a cocktail party with a Dean Martin record faintly in the background. Don't remember the product.

I love the one I nearly don't see enough of with Ella Fitzgerald singing "Oops!" for Smirnoff's. The original record with Louis (pronounced "Louie" btw) Armstrong:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2020 5:04 PM

The Allstate commercial featuring Mayhem (Dean Winters) as a cat. No matter how many times i see it, it always cracks me up. Having said that, Allstate really ruined the concept by making another commercial but including Tina Fey with Mayhem as a dog.

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2020 5:23 PM

That Expedia commercial always makes me smile. Every pet owner alive recognizes the loving look exchanged between the bathing beauty and her dog.

There is another ad in this campaign in which the family appears to be celebrating the Whippet's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2020 5:26 PM

This thread makes me yearn for the old women Volkswagen commercials. We need them in the era of Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2020 5:30 PM

I'm GEN X, and I want to love EDM, so I'm happy Major Lazer's (remade) song got some traction in that Volvo commercial. I still think of Depeche Mode and Erasure when I think of EDM. I saw Deadmau5 at a festival a couple of years ago and was completely confused; I am definitely old.

by Anonymousreply 18February 4, 2020 5:45 PM

Creepy Audry on the Jardiance commercial, she's scary to me. Like a possessed robot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 4, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote]The Allstate commercial featuring Mayhem (Dean Winters) as a cat. No matter how many times i see it, it always cracks me up.

He's so into it, everything he does. He really pops through the screen.

by Anonymousreply 20February 4, 2020 7:07 PM

Mayhem (Dean Winters) and Fey are micro movies.

by Anonymousreply 21February 4, 2020 9:53 PM

I love the Geiko raccoons - They steal the dump truck and go crazy.

by Anonymousreply 22February 4, 2020 9:56 PM

R21 Oh yeah - I love when she says 'I just saw you eat poop' and she says it so quietly you almost miss it!

by Anonymousreply 23February 4, 2020 9:57 PM

No, you're an old lady...

by Anonymousreply 24February 4, 2020 9:58 PM

I love any ad with raccoons

by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2020 10:05 PM

I'm old enough to remember when EDM was called House music. Listen to some old school Chicago house. Just google it, you won't be disappointed r18.

by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2020 8:14 AM

I will google it, r26. Thank you for the recommendation! I refuse to believe I'm too old to enjoy new(to me) music.

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2020 2:22 AM

how old are we, liking commercials?

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2020 2:24 AM

A PSA for foster kids starts with the family bringing home a teenaged foster child. As he comes in the front door, he sees an array of pictures and focuses on a photo of the family. The ad shows the family playing together in the front yard, dining, and the kid seems to be doing okay. He comes home one day and notices the photo has been replaced with a new one that includes him. He goes to the kitchen and hugs his foster mother. They don't say anything.

I teared up.

by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2020 2:47 AM

1 877 kars for kids

like the human centipede, it is what it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2020 2:49 AM

R30 should be shot.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2020 2:51 AM

Just saw one for Delta faucets with a guy getting into his shower all drowsy and half awake, then the water from his Delta shower head hits him and he starts dancing. He's shown through the steamy glass door, throwing his legs around, doing spins and back bends. I enjoyed this.

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2020 5:24 PM

That Clarence Frogman Henry song is so great. At least maybe these commercials will expose old music to a new generation. I wonder if their family gets the royalties?

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2020 5:42 PM

Love the expression on the whippet!

Love the "struggling actor" in the full "Liberty Mutual" commercial! ("Liberty, biberty!" "Line!" "Maybe I could come out of the water...." "We'll dub it.")

Love the "Mayhem Man"! ("It's my son's favorite color. You should try it.")

Love, love, love the foraging raccoons! ("I don't want to taste it! I have a very sensitive palate.")

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2020 5:50 PM

"Hi-eeeee.....Bye-eeeee". You can't believe how fast I can hit the "mute" button!

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2020 6:01 PM

I love the Shriner Hospital commercials, they really make me feel privileged and feel sorry

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2020 7:13 PM

I like the one with twink Steven sneaking into a house to get laid. He means to go into his boyfriend’s window, but ends up in the boyfriend’s sister’s room with Dad perving on him.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2020 7:16 PM

This one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2020 10:21 PM

There is a car dealership, in my area, that has recently partnered with Truecar.com, where you can sell them your car. They are running commercials constantly, calling the service Clickaroo. The ads are annoying because the woman, has a strange accent, it is like a mixture of Australian and a New Jersey accent.

by Anonymousreply 39February 24, 2020 4:00 AM

Ugh. The weirdly homophobic Jake From State Farm commercial. The slightly drunk husband clutching the phone, "You'd do that for me, really..." and the frau wife catching him in the act. It's been on constant rotation lately. Curdles my blood every time. Fuck State Farm.

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2020 6:50 AM

R39, if you could buy a car with extra commas, you’d be in luck!

by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2020 10:15 AM

This one is annoying and is constantly on streaming services. If you watch it without the sound, it looks even weirder. The wife is clearly a lesbian and the husband gay. Without the sound it looks like a lesbian chubby chaser is trying to seduce the two fat women. And, then they discover their DL husbears "experimenting" in the guestroom. Also, the one guy sitting at the head of the bed really looks like he is traumatized, like he just witnessed something he wasn't prepared for. I guess if you are in a lavender marriage, you have to have a purple mattress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 24, 2020 5:28 PM

Geiko Pinnochio -- As the motivational speaker, and trying to talk his way out of the parking ticket. Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 43February 24, 2020 5:42 PM

Those and the dating app picture, r43.

by Anonymousreply 44February 24, 2020 6:52 PM

I have a major celluloid crush on that cute CVS Concierge ("Me Again"). Adorable. Wish I could find a link.

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2020 9:34 PM

The three Watts brothers being chastised by their mom as they argue in the back seat of the car. Adorable and so fucking hot. Whew!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 10, 2020 7:40 PM

"Bow Wow Wow" - E Trade commercial.

by Anonymousreply 47March 10, 2020 9:08 PM

That old dykey looking woman in the Downy Unstoppables commercial, scares me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 10, 2020 9:30 PM

R48, I'm low line fascinated/repulsed by that commercial- she's like the Scent Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 49March 11, 2020 8:07 PM

Geico - the man who was raised by wolves.

by Anonymousreply 50March 11, 2020 8:18 PM

The Liberty Mutual Emu. LIMU EMU. And its blonde-wigged emu wife.

by Anonymousreply 51March 11, 2020 8:26 PM

R49 Me, too. She scares yet fascinates me.

by Anonymousreply 52March 11, 2020 10:13 PM

I get a kick out of the Geico gecko trying to convince the new neighbor that those "biscuits/cookies" are from:

"My Mum's secret recipe."

"Nutmeg?"

"Cinnamon?"

"It's a secret!"

by Anonymousreply 53March 23, 2020 4:50 PM

I like the singing fish. Great voice.

by Anonymousreply 54March 23, 2020 4:55 PM

I like the one for GM where they’re asking kids about the features of the car.

The little kid that struggles to say “Lane Departure Warning” is cute as a button. And his mispronunciation is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 55March 23, 2020 5:02 PM

Posted this on another thread.

I think I'm in love with the man swimming in the pool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 23, 2020 5:04 PM

Yes R34, that guy is brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 23, 2020 5:12 PM

As someone upthread said, it's good when they place a catchy tune in the ad.

Recently discovered that Rhythm is a Dancer song, so the TD commercial of the Bank Manager alone is one of my faves right now!

by Anonymousreply 58March 23, 2020 5:27 PM

The guy at R34 and r57 is hot and the commercial is hysterical.

“Line!”

by Anonymousreply 59March 23, 2020 5:40 PM

I love the Range Rover commercial with the little dog who sticks his head out the car window and the early-sixties-soul type song playing in the background.

by Anonymousreply 60March 23, 2020 6:24 PM

I’ll have to keep an eye out for that one, r60. Sounds good.

by Anonymousreply 61March 23, 2020 6:28 PM

Here you go, R61:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 23, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]Geiko Pinnochio -- As the motivational speaker, and trying to talk his way out of the parking ticket.

R43 I lose it every time when he breaks the front window with his nose, then his growing nose honks his horn and the woman in the background is so startled. That ad makes me laugh outloud which is more than any sitcom I've seen lately.

by Anonymousreply 63March 23, 2020 8:21 PM

R50, I think the wolves are the star of that commercial, but the southern lady's accent is so perfect!

by Anonymousreply 64March 23, 2020 11:05 PM

Kelloggs "We Do Breakfast"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 23, 2020 11:11 PM

I like the CarMax/Limp Bizkit ad solely for the little girl in the backseat who keeps lp synching "like a chump... like a chump."

by Anonymousreply 66March 23, 2020 11:15 PM

*lip

by Anonymousreply 67March 23, 2020 11:16 PM

Nat West "This is how we do it".

Love that little girl! She's so cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2020 11:19 PM

Still a fan of the Matthew McConaughey Lincoln commercials

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2020 7:34 PM

I cosign R56.

That man is a hot DILF

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2020 7:51 PM

Love the cute guy in glasses in the new owl commercial -- playing putt putt. Great legs/body in the long shots. I am getting a new admiration for cute nerd types.

by Anonymousreply 71March 26, 2020 3:48 AM

I liked the “cable guy” in the commercials for the same company. He stirred my loins.

“Dude, not my department.”

by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2020 11:03 AM

AND the blonde with glasses on the weight bench, of course. Someone on our team is clearly casting and doing a great job at it.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2020 7:15 PM

Baby Mr Peanut.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2020 7:23 PM

Flo's still got it .

She's great in the club with Karaoke Jamie and the new Faking Hideous Laugh colleague. "Why'd you stop? I was listening!"

And with Bigfoot: "Now they're busy with other things, Bigfoot." "My name is Daryl."

by Anonymousreply 75April 1, 2020 3:08 PM

Just saw a commercial for Walmart that used "Heroes" by David Bowie as the background music. I know Walmart is problematic for some people, but there's none in my area so they don't get my money, but I love that song so much that I give them a small pass. Also, they made me a little misty with this ad, as they showed all of their employees who are still working during the virus and I appreciate that.

by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2020 12:57 AM

Carl, the guy in the Selsun Blue commercial, hot, with great pits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 13, 2020 1:14 AM

I think Ian Bell does a great job on the American Cancer Society commercial. He really did recover from Cancer so the entire piece reads like an ad lib confessional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 13, 2020 1:32 AM

Really like this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 13, 2020 1:42 AM

I’m in lust with Mr. Jones from the Spectrum mobile ads. I’d happily pay his phone bill.

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2020 1:48 AM

R79, that commercial wound up on the “Commercials You Hate” thread.

You in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2020 12:15 PM

I watch I Love Lucy on the Hallmark Channel and one commercial break was for an upcoming romance movie. I liked the commercial because of the music they played - the song was "As" by Stevie Wonder. It was nice to hear this urban classic and even though the "beat" of it was a little strange for this channel, the lyrics worked very well for the type of film: "As around the sun the earth knows it's revolving and the rosebuds know to bloom in early May. Just as hate knows love's the cure, you can rest your mind assured that I'll be love you always".

by Anonymousreply 82May 7, 2020 4:54 PM

The new Progressive commercial featuring a Zoom meeting is terrific. They must have a great ad agency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 7, 2020 7:32 PM

And the follow-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2020 7:33 PM

Very moist snack cake. Loving the eyes and arms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 21, 2020 11:02 AM

I like this and I love metal guys with great hair. Missing the gigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 21, 2020 11:12 AM

This one is several years old but I loved the song and whole vibe of the ad for Southern Comfort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 21, 2020 11:27 AM

Another ad that sticks out to me that I enjoyed. Funny thing is the song is a Bollywood song sung by the most celebrated male vocal artist of India, Mohammed Rafi, but this particular song is virtually unremembered there, as opposed to his masterpieces. It apparently has a cult following in the West.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 21, 2020 11:39 AM

There's one for this P3 protein snack - those packs that give you a few nuts, a spoon of raisins and 2-3 squares of cheese to keep you going between meals. This ad shows a wedding and the bride dancing with her father. Then the music changes and it shows Dad freestyle dancing in his suit pants, dress shirt and suspenders. The actor does a great job with his moves - it's hilarious. s the commercial ends, you see the dad is just getting into position to do some break dancing.

by Anonymousreply 89May 23, 2020 8:44 PM

I'm not surprised they pulled this toilet paper commercial. People were more offended that this white dad had a black daughter than the fact that he used an entire roll of toilet paper to say I'm sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 23, 2020 8:52 PM

I like the Geico commercial with the family that has a Ratt problem.

by Anonymousreply 91May 23, 2020 9:34 PM

As an ancient eldergay, I have to tell you how pleased I am to hear the dulcet tones of Hank Williams singing "Hey, Good Lookin'" wafting out of my large screened TV machine on a regular basis these days. I go back so far that I can remember hearing it coming out of the high boy radio that had to be warmed up after it was turned on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2020 2:13 AM

Just saw an ad for a product called Feliway, which seems to be some kind of cat tranquilizer disguised as a plug-in air freshener(!?) The commercial shows a couple sitting in their living room - the man starts ripping at the couch arm with a fork and the woman shouts "Todd! Stop!!". The voice-over says 'you wouldn't tolerate if HE did it so don't tolerate if your cat does it'. Then they show the woman plugging this thing into a wall outlet. The ad is funny, showing a human mimicking feline bad habits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 3, 2020 4:51 PM

I like the chubby daddy in this Canadian commercial for Rona hardware.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 3, 2020 5:03 PM

Now that summer has kicked in, Subway has its "Five Dollar Foot-Long" ad campaign, and there's something about the simple, repetitive music which I find intoxicating: it almost seems designed to mesmerize you and get you to buy one.

by Anonymousreply 95July 3, 2020 8:09 PM

R32 And his furry pits. ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 8, 2020 7:26 AM

That clogging commercial is excruciating, I prefer the couple with 'the Ratt problem', they have a rock band in their house, that's much funnier.

by Anonymousreply 97September 8, 2020 7:50 AM

R97 As a fat gay aunt, I'm loving the commercial with The Ants. I have often invaded the homes of my nephews.

by Anonymousreply 98September 8, 2020 8:21 AM

R87 Thank you! I never saw it in real time but I love it now.

by Anonymousreply 99September 8, 2020 8:34 AM

I love the simple guitar jingle in the Lowe's ad. Less than 10 notes. Perfection.

by Anonymousreply 100September 8, 2020 8:37 AM

United Airlines -1988 - the combination of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and Gene Hackman.

Fuck it, doesn't get better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 8, 2020 8:42 AM

I hope this is a better link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 8, 2020 8:46 AM

R102 I also watched the United commercial that came on via autoplay after the one you linked to, and was wondering whose lamebrain idea it was to advertise transatlantic flights with the airliner appearing to be at the bottom of the ocean? Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2020 12:05 AM

Love this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 9, 2020 12:12 AM

The Dionne Warwick Psychic Friends Commercial owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 105September 9, 2020 12:13 AM

R104 I liked that one at first, but they're OVERPLAYING it. With all the art direction and costuming that went into it, they maybe should have produced some different versions?

by Anonymousreply 106September 9, 2020 12:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!