Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYTimes: Black Britons Know Why Meghan Markle Wants Out

“It’s the racism.“

Honestly, they tried pushing her out, but they didn’t think Harry would leave with her. He put his wife first as he should. Good for him. And he still isn’t over how his mom was treated, which makes him sympathetic toward Markle even more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 13, 2020 12:30 AM

"I'm a victim," more of the same shit, always a victim

Why the fuck can't anyone take responsibility for the poor choices they make?

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2020 4:01 PM

How can Meghan play the race card? Hasn't she got under a lot of white men and workd her way up? Is she in Canada planning her exit from white Harry now?

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2020 4:06 PM

She is a victim. The press even had a cartoon with a monkey pictured as her child. William and Kate recently spent 80,000 a week (US) in the Caribbean and the Daily Mail raved about their fun vacation! Imagine if Meghan and Harry had done the same? The Mail called Meghan a murderer because she likes avocado toast. Interesting that they are living on Vancouver Island as well. So much for the rumours of them heading to Beverly Hills. She's a granola yogi like her mum and I LOVE it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2020 4:07 PM

Who gives a shit about racism? Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2020 4:08 PM

POC drama

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2020 4:10 PM

The Datalounge is a cesspool of racism

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2020 4:13 PM

She was truly an outsider, and despite her light skin, too many people referred to her black ancestry in a negative way. Hell, even if she had been a pure white American, she still would've gotten plenty of negative comments.

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2020 4:14 PM

I hope they go to Canada instead of the US. We have far too many superficial, annoying celebrities here already.

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2020 4:14 PM

Ugh I can't stand all the POC drama. Why these POCs don't move to a POC country if whites are so terrible? Why everyone wants to live in a western country?

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2020 4:21 PM

Indeed R8, we have sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2020 4:21 PM

R4 are you fucking kidding me?!

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2020 4:21 PM

R9 or how about you go away and stay away? AMERICA IS NOT YOURS

by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2020 4:22 PM

How is she black? Looks white adjacent. Italian or Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2020 4:25 PM

Her mother is black. Her dad is white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2020 4:28 PM

The guy that made the chimpanzee tweet looks like your typical past-his-prime, over-the-hill (and bitter about it) Datalounger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2020 4:28 PM

R9 proves this paragraph true

“In Britain’s rigid class society, there is still a deep correlation between privilege and race. The relatively few people of color — and even fewer if you count only those who have African heritage — who rise to prominent success and prosperity in Britain are often told we should be “grateful” or told to leave if we don’t like it here.“

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2020 4:29 PM

While I agree there was definitely racism, I also agree with R1 calling MM...and Harry out for the "victim" thing. Both are true. IMO the tabloids are filth. But they ought to be treated like the trolls they are and ignored. Instead Meghan and Harry have become the story. I also can't help but see that the true beneficiary of all this mess is Andrew who announced just today that his top aide, just got a "legal settlement " in the y6 figure range, and is leaving the palace employment. She is going to be the CEO of Andrew's scheme to exploit new tech start ups...which he is being allowed to keep. even though it is no longer associated with the Palace. And if you look at it rationally, the whole time this Epstein business has been reaching it's hottest temperature, the DM and other tabloids have been ranting about Meghan and Harry.

The Sussexes want to live lives of purpose and make the world a better place. They want to inspire. But instead all the public is talking about is the mess. They can't accuse the Royal Family of pushing them out, when they were the ones who decided not to go to Balmoral. I get it. She was a new mother, so maybe she gets a pass on that.

But then to totally miss Christmas? Seven weeks abroad, on a break? That website and the other legal stuff they put in place didn't happen overnight. They have been working, and planning, and talking to William and Charles about this for months. So when someone in the Palace leaked it, they moved forward to get ahead of the leak.

But there has to be some give to this. Maybe some of the lesser Royals were rude to them, but they have Charles and Camilla, and William and Catherine for starters, and they need allies inside that family, not be burning bridges. Harry needs to man up. Grow up. Meghan cannot possibly be a stranger to racism, tabloids, the Royal Family or celebrity. And Harry has known from birth that William was the Heir to the Throne and Harry was the spare.

Whatever you may think of him, Harry in the past has always been more popular than his brother. So they were never going to be a "team." The way the Monarchy works is that at some point there would be an "orderly transition." Charles being regent in all but name, and William being his #2. The role they've been trying to carve out for Harry and Meghan was to emphasize their role in the Commonwealth.

Look. "Stepping back"and getting off the Queen's payroll is fine. Living part time in Canada is fine. Shit. Beatrice was living in NYC for a while. Earning income on their own is also fine. But if Harry and Meghan want to do damage control, and stop this trainwreck, they need to be seen with members of the Royal family in friendly casual settings...even if it's staged...and they need to go about TRADITIONAL Royal activities, like memorials, ribbon cuttings,and other stuff. They need to alternate the traditional role with their"more progressive" bullshit to calm this down.

And no more leaks or disastrous interviews. Please. Because right now, IMO their future depends on repairing this because their popularity and the good will they have generated is being pissed away, and their stock has taken a plunge. Meghan needs to understand the game that's being played and stop participating in it.

And her running to Canada right now is not a good look.Right now she should be seen visiting with Catherine and the kids wishing Kate Happy Birthday. Acute candid photo of Archie and Louis would sure do the trick. The worst thing she can do is help HArry burn his bridges with the family. Harry is not stable. He needs his father and his brother. He may not think he does, but he does. And Charles has always been there for him.

by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2020 4:29 PM

She's mulatto! Not black.

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2020 4:30 PM

A white obnoxious golddigging famewhore who doesn't want to do any of the work or follow any of the rules but still wants all the benefits and who tries to turn her husband against his family and keeps him isolated away from them would be treated differently, we think.

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2020 4:30 PM

Harry's gonna ditch her mulatto ass and crawl back to England within 3 years. She will wind up with Leo.

by Anonymousreply 20January 10, 2020 4:32 PM

The indigenous people of the UK are white. Everyone who is not white don't belong in Britain or Europe. Africa for africans, Asia for asians and Europe for europeans. This is how things should be.

by Anonymousreply 21January 10, 2020 4:35 PM

They weren't pushing her out and trying to keep him lol. They'd push them both if that's what they wanted. But that isn't what's happened.

They don't care, H&M are middle aged adults they can do what they want to do, NO ONE is stopping them. Head out to Canada, LA, wherever, be happy, send a Christmas card once a year and all will be well. Call once in a while perhaps, send pics of the kid.

What is NOT going to be allowed: selling access to the royals; MERCHING off the royal connection or titles (aka "SussexRoyal"); taking ANY taxpayer $ while not living in the UK or working for the BRF and the public; co-mingling their royal roles where they represent the UK and the monarch with private income production deals or having any appearance that there's a connection; using connections to TQ, the BRF or their titles to make private business deals or mercenary appearances.

THESE are the sticking points. Always have been, will be. Until there's a firm contractual deal in place re their titles and roles, and what's allowed or not, they keep themselves stuck in limbo. Clear the air, clearly define themselves as private citizens with no royal role (they'll still be private family members, as opposed to public members - there's a difference) and they can DO AS THEY WISH whenever they wish. No one is keeping them anywhere lol.

by Anonymousreply 22January 10, 2020 4:36 PM

The tabloids are shit but let's not pretend that Diana, Fergie, Sophie and Kate were not treated pretty similarly by them. They are playing the race card to appeal to the "woke" crowd but one day soon they will have overplayed it and it will spectacularly backfire on them. As a royal watcher, I cannot wait to enjoy the downfall of this grifter--just as I enjoyed watching the downfall of the greedy Princess Christina of Spain and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 23January 10, 2020 4:39 PM

The only reason Harry's even back in the UK, holding "talks" with his dad and grandmother, is to try to have his cake and eat it: to try to work out a deal to keep his dukedom, keeps his dad's funding of his lifestyle, keep his royal role semi-intact, while also simultaneously living it up as a private citizen in North America, making deals and earning income off that same public royal role and granted dukedom.

Do you think he'd be back in the UK otherwise? Would anyone here speak to their aged father and 93 yr old grandmother before moving with their own family? No, they'd just up and move and then tell them. He could do the same. He's trying to keep all the goodies and not do what's needed to keep them.

The only sane outcome is to have all titles and royal workload, and public funding & housing renounced, Charles agree to pay for private protection and grant them some 'seed' funding - from his private accounts -to get started, and happily send them on their way with best intentions and wishes. They're adults, they're on their own!

by Anonymousreply 24January 10, 2020 4:41 PM

Maybe they hate Markle because she forces an understanding on their part that they are themselves little more than grifter parasites living off the public. She makes it a little too real. No wonder they wanted her gone.

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2020 4:43 PM

Whatever. All these super woke people of color always end up with a white man once they make it.

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2020 4:43 PM

R23, they are not playing anything , hon. Insidious racism in the UK is very real, stop trying to brush it under the carpet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2020 4:55 PM

I'm sure the native people of India and South Africa and Australia and Ireland constantly wish the English had stayed the fuck home.

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2020 4:55 PM

R26, sure, like MIchelle Obama for example?

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2020 4:56 PM

[quote]Insidious racism in the UK is very real, stop trying to brush it under the carpet.

yes it is real, and a valid problem.

it doesn't apply in this instance. This is a family situation centering on money and power, and access to it. Period.

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2020 4:57 PM

And Beyonce? Kerry Washington?

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2020 4:58 PM

Ha! Kerry Washington was the biggest snow queen in Hollywood up until a few years back. She's dated plenty of white guys.

She's got a fine husband now and that's great. But don't state she's never interracially dated.

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2020 4:59 PM

Oh please, racism against Meghan was negligible and she was initially welcomed. Americans really need to stop seeing everyone else through their own filters.

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2020 5:01 PM

R28, and the people of Sudan, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Cyprus, Nigeria, Hong Kong, Barbados, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, UAE, Uganda, Jamaica, Pakistan, Trinidad and Tobago, ........

by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2020 5:02 PM

Afua Hirsch, who wrote that article, is a hardline dogmatist who writes for the Guardian.

by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2020 5:04 PM

The fact that a racial slur against biracial people was used twice on this thread and no one noticed or cared is proof of Datalounge’s racism R18 R 20 gets an FF from me

by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2020 5:04 PM

R32, well, when you are young you want to have some fun but then later in life you need to settle down and she has done very well.

by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2020 5:12 PM

@R33, says the Briton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2020 5:14 PM

R21 Tell that to the colonizers who displaced everyone.

by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2020 5:17 PM

R32 Some people eventually come home for good.

by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2020 5:19 PM

R31, And Viola? And Oprah?

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2020 5:19 PM

R32 Kerry dates who she is attracted to and connects with. Race doesn’t matter (and shouldn’t). I also have dated all types of men, and I am white. I have been with white men, black men, Hispanic men, etc. I have only never been with a Middle Eastern man but it’s because I don’t know many.

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2020 5:22 PM

R29 Barack Obama identifies as a black men. Sure hes mixed, but he sees himself as a black man, and Michelle has always referred to him as black. Even when she first met him.

Mixed people know what's up, they know white Society will give them a hard time.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2020 5:22 PM

R43, you've got the wrong end of the stick. I was saying that a woke educated black woman like Michelle hasn't chosen a white guy as her mate.

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote]I'm sure the native people of India and South Africa and Australia and Ireland constantly wish the English had stayed the fuck home.

Their countries would still be in the Stone Age if not for the British.

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2020 5:29 PM

R42 know one will ever understand a black man or woman the way another black person would. That is a fact. Being black or even black adjacent (mixed) is a very unique life experience. People can interracially date marry all they want. But the truth of the matter is, if the person next to you is white, they are never going to truly be able to connect with you. I've had to many friends in interracial relationships over my 31 years of life. And all of those relationships ended in disaster.

White people have a very hard time getting beyond themselves and being able to understand what being black is truly about. You can listen, but you'll never truly understand, and not understanding is going to cause a whole lot of issues eventually.

Trust me I know. The worst thing a black person can do is get into a relationship with a white person. I've seen some ugly shit come from interracial relationships. And many of the people I know have said, never again.

I don't blame them.

by Anonymousreply 46January 10, 2020 5:30 PM

R44 I got you, my bad.

by Anonymousreply 47January 10, 2020 5:31 PM

You're fucking vermin R20

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2020 5:34 PM

r46 the thing is -- we don't care what being black is all about, and we never will.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2020 5:36 PM

Michelle Obama chose to marry a half white man...of course. A half-white man raised by whites no less.

Obama can "identify" as he pleases but he's bullshitting no one.

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2020 5:37 PM

Part black- part white- I just consider her to be a blight.

I have numerous friends of mixed backgrounds who have been very successful in the lives. They all seem to share the ability of not using their pedigree as an excuse for anything.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2020 5:42 PM

R50, that chose a black woman as his wife — that speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2020 5:42 PM

Barack and Michelle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2020 5:48 PM

Meghan is 1/4 black, 3/4 white. So why the Black label?

by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote] Who gives a shit about racism? Grow the fuck up.

Yes who gives a fuck about homophobia? Who gives a fuck about ageism? Who give a fuck about any form of discrimination that hurts people and ruins lives. Yes we should just “grow up” and accept inequality, 2nd class citizenship. Why would any reasonable adult fight for a better life. You are so wise.

[quote] Who gives a shit about racism? Grow the fuck up.

Certainly not perpetrators like you.

by Anonymousreply 55January 10, 2020 5:53 PM

R46, you are spot on. We whites can never fully appreciate the black experience. My white brother is married to a female poc from Guyana. He tells her she is "too sensitive" to racial slights; I tell her to leave him for another poc. I consider what my brother does to be gaslighting.

by Anonymousreply 56January 10, 2020 5:53 PM

R49 You're telling me shit I knew from the word go.

That's nothing new.

Good thing I've always been smart enough to know, not to get into an interracial relationship. No relationship is perfect, but damn, interracial? Never.

by Anonymousreply 57January 10, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote]We whites can never fully appreciate the black experience.

Of course not. Why should we?

I can't "fully appreciate" the Chinese experience either. Or "fully appreciate" the Indian experience. Or "fully appreciate" the Middle Eastern experience.

It all sounds pretty exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 58January 10, 2020 5:57 PM

I am impressed Price Harry is standing by his wife.

by Anonymousreply 59January 10, 2020 6:01 PM

There's an old saying in the south. "A white man can never tell a black man what it's like to be black, but a black man can always tell a white man what it's like to be white."

I agree with that sentiment completely. It's also a very unique dynamic view point if you understand it.

by Anonymousreply 60January 10, 2020 6:03 PM

zZzZzZ go back to africa, fucking apes.

by Anonymousreply 61January 10, 2020 6:06 PM

[quote]The indigenous people of the UK are white. Everyone who is not white don't belong in Britain or Europe. Africa for africans, Asia for asians and Europe for europeans. This is how things should be.

I wish you’d held this opinion back when Britain was pillaging resources from its African and Asian colonies for the crown. You’re certainly old enough to remember.

by Anonymousreply 62January 10, 2020 6:07 PM

The british occupied Ireland for centuries. Ireland is a first world country now. Africa is a shithole because of africans. Stop using the colonization card, it's fucking tiresome. In the next fucking century these third world scum will still be talking about colonization. Get over it, for christ sake. If colonization is so fucking terrible, how America is the greatest country on earth? Whites build, black people tear it down. South Africa would be like Canada if whites were the majority

by Anonymousreply 63January 10, 2020 6:13 PM

@R58, I bet you use that same 'empathy' with your partner. 'Putting yourself in someone else's shoes' regardless of what race, sexuality, gender, age, social class, (insert any new characteristic) is a basic exercise in emotional intelligence.

Then people say gay relationships are 'short-lived' lol

by Anonymousreply 64January 10, 2020 6:13 PM

Markel has been put through hell. No wonder she wants out.

Sure, she married into the Royal Family, but she's not going to be a queen so she feels she has no responsibility to just sit and take it,

by Anonymousreply 65January 10, 2020 6:14 PM

R53 Barack and Michelle are a lovely black couple and everyone can see that. No questions. He faced racism just like she did. But Meghan, like Rashida Jones, outwardly presents as a white woman even though the British public have made it clear to her that she’s not. It’s white people that have rejected Meghan, while blacks have embraced her. This is why even mixed people who don’t look black try to identify as black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 10, 2020 6:14 PM

R59, it shows you they did not 'teach him well', he's too decent.

I wonder if he would end up like his mum.

by Anonymousreply 67January 10, 2020 6:15 PM

[quote] Africa is a shithole because of africans. Stop using the colonization card, it's fucking tiresome.

Well, no.

Read the bestseller Guns, Germs and Steel. The poverty of countries today is directly related to where they are and what natural resources they have, African is right in the tropical zone so deals with diseases and undrinkable water, which take much of their financial resources. It's also lacking in the most demand natural resources. Europe, on the other hand, had native animals that were conducive to domesticating to farm.

Africans are just as smart as Europeans. Europeans just happen to be born in the right part of the world for financial success.

by Anonymousreply 68January 10, 2020 6:17 PM

There is no such thing as "Black Britons". British people can not be black. They are just africans who happen to live in the UK. The same can be said for africans living in France, Germany and all over Europe. They are not and will never be europeans.

by Anonymousreply 69January 10, 2020 6:18 PM

[quote] Michelle Obama chose to marry a half white man...of course. A half-white man raised by whites no less. Obama can "identify" as he pleases but he's bullshitting no one

I'm unsure of where exactly Obama bullshitted about who he is. In America, no matter who he was born from and who he was raised by, he's viewed as a black man

by Anonymousreply 70January 10, 2020 6:19 PM

Ok, pro black SJW. Name one subsaarian african philosopher, one scientist, one painter, one writer and one composer prior to the 20th century. Just ONE.

by Anonymousreply 71January 10, 2020 6:20 PM

[quote] If colonization is so fucking terrible, how America is the greatest country on earth? Whites build, black people tear it down.

Only Americans think the US is the greatest country on earth. Poor people want to come here because of the hype and the fact that the US will accept them, generally.

Blacks built America via slavery and cheap labor. The white billionaires are rich, but how many seeds did they plant or how many bricks did they lay?

by Anonymousreply 72January 10, 2020 6:22 PM

Muriel, please take out the trash on this thread, or stop asking for people's money. Wasn't the new system supposed to rid us of some of these vile bigots?

by Anonymousreply 73January 10, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote]I bet you use that same 'empathy' with your partner. 'Putting yourself in someone else's shoes' regardless of what race, sexuality, gender, age, social class, (insert any new characteristic) is a basic exercise in emotional intelligence.

And it'll never be enough.

So cut the bullshit.

The only thing that matters is to behave with basic kindness and manners to everyone regardless of their race.

The rest is just phony posturing.

by Anonymousreply 74January 10, 2020 6:22 PM

The north is the basis of the United States, not the south.

by Anonymousreply 75January 10, 2020 6:22 PM

R63

Darling, Ireland IS a shithole!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 10, 2020 6:23 PM

R68 it's no use, he/she is an obvious troll who knows nothing about economics or politics for that matter. FF' him/her and ignore

by Anonymousreply 77January 10, 2020 6:23 PM

Yes, of course. "It's the racism". Because it's always, always, ALWAYS, about racism. I mean, "the racism". What else could it be?

by Anonymousreply 78January 10, 2020 6:24 PM

R76 ah, the troll is Irish? That explains so much...

by Anonymousreply 79January 10, 2020 6:24 PM

Hard to believe this thread is still standing. It will be gone soon though. Countdown 1, 2, 3......

by Anonymousreply 80January 10, 2020 6:25 PM

I'm waiting for the SJW to name one subsaarian african painter, philosopher and scientist. Come on honey.

by Anonymousreply 81January 10, 2020 6:26 PM

R78, here we go again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 10, 2020 6:26 PM

R74, ooh, hit a nerve, didn't I?

by Anonymousreply 83January 10, 2020 6:29 PM

If indeed racism in Britain is the issue, why not stay in the UK and fight it - leading by example - rather than by heading to equally, if not more racist Canada and the US?

H&M's issue is the money: the BRF is not going to let them cash in, especially after the fiascos with Andrew and earlier with Fergie and Sophie Wessex by selling merchandise - or their opinions or "access" - on the basis of their royal connections. Nor are they happy with the kinds of people they could be dealing with, like secretive Russian billionaires with holiday hideaways on Vancouver Island. If the Harkles can't cash in, they have an income of about $400,000 a year. You and I could do just fine on that, I'm sure. They can't, not w/o taking everything on offer as freebies from their rich friends and as the saying goes, he who pays the piper calls the tune. The Royal Family doesn't like that idea at all.

Big Lizzy isn't going to let that happen and presumably Charles even less so. Parliament voted for Brexit to proceed. Britain's going to face some serious financial and logistical challenges in the year ahead. Paying public money so the spare can set himself up in an alternative court is not going to happen, not happily anyway. And if it becomes known that a lavish lifestyle comes courtesy of the Sovereign Grant, that too can be reduced if the British taxpayers don't think they're getting value for money from them.

by Anonymousreply 84January 10, 2020 6:29 PM

Where is the sub saharan africa produced the greatest scientific achievements and greatest philosophers and artists troll? Where is he?

by Anonymousreply 85January 10, 2020 6:33 PM

I don't think racism is the issue here (although the comments on this thread make it clear that racism is AN issue).

I think the issue is that neither of them feels like spending their lives waving and cutting ribbons and appearing on balconies and other stupid, meaningless things, particularly when racists are going to hate them anyway. And I can't blame them.

Why anyone is objecting to their decision is a complete mystery to me.

by Anonymousreply 86January 10, 2020 6:37 PM

What a fucking load of codswallop.

The TIMES, of course, neglects to mention that she declared war on the British press a year before she and Harry were even engaged, that she behaved like a diva from Day One, that she insulted the Queen, and probably never at any time intended to stay long enough to have to curtsy to Kate and William, but to get as much A-list cachet, money, clothes as she could, then blow town crying "They made me! They made me!" after UK taxpayers of all colours renovated her expensive home.

She's a cold-hearted cunt, that's why she didn't work out well, not her fucking DNA.

by Anonymousreply 87January 10, 2020 6:38 PM

I wonder if she has the same problem that many mixed race people report: neither side fully claims you. Has she never had black people reject her for being white? I haven’t heard that from her, but have heard that from many people who are half/part black. Or even those who are light-skinned black.

by Anonymousreply 88January 10, 2020 6:39 PM

R86 - No one objects to their decision to leave.

People do object to their attempts to leave but with their titles, privileges, access to Papa Charles' money, and the recently renovated at taxpayer expense five-bedroom home on call as their "UK base".

by Anonymousreply 89January 10, 2020 6:39 PM

^*People do NOT object to their decision to leave . . .

by Anonymousreply 90January 10, 2020 6:40 PM

"Both sides were against me since the day I was born..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 10, 2020 6:41 PM

[quote]R22 What is NOT going to be allowed: MERCHING off the royal connection or titles (aka "SussexRoyal")

Both Harry + Meghan ARE the royal family, through birth and marriage. It is part of their identity, part of who they are.

They can use that identity as they see fit, because it is part of them. If Black Betty doesn’t like it she can strip them of what titles etc. she can, or start a war, or a lawsuit... tho really, hasn’t she better things to do in her final years?

The Queen already fucked up her role in welcoming her new granddaughter-in-law. Does she want to keep digging?

by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2020 6:42 PM

I'm still waiting for the Africa is great troll come up with one african scientist and one african painter. Come on, just one. Is it that hard?

by Anonymousreply 93January 10, 2020 6:45 PM

The more political correctness that gets pushed, the heavier the backlash will be. It's always like that.

by Anonymousreply 94January 10, 2020 6:46 PM

SJWs act as if a country having natural resourses is this great miracle. Japan has no natural resourses and is GREAT! Stop with the silly excuses, nobody owes anything to africans.

by Anonymousreply 95January 10, 2020 6:50 PM

R92, sweetie, that's not what the 'family firm' does. If you cause them trouble, they have you 'offed'

[quote] If Black Betty doesn’t like it she can strip them of what titles etc. she can, or start a war, or a lawsuit... tho really, hasn’t she better things to do in her final years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 10, 2020 6:50 PM

The tabloids in Britain don't report news. They write scripts. They create and sell drama, even where none exists. And in that drama, someone has to be the hero (in this case, cute, white Kate) and someone has to be the villain (grasping, foreign black arriviste Meghan). And the sad thing is that the drooling racists that infest this thread lap it all up like starving hounds.

by Anonymousreply 97January 10, 2020 6:55 PM

[quote]SJWs act as if a country having natural resourses is this great miracle.

And they never mention the fact that bitterly cold climates aren't exactly condusive to human life either, but those populations manage to create great cultures all the same.

by Anonymousreply 98January 10, 2020 6:57 PM

I like how they think the BRF can tell them not to make money by being one. Sure, tell that to the pedo, the Ferg, the other little grifters like Brooksbank, making bank off the association.

As if anyone would hire the hideous princesses without the connection.

They can strip her of everything but her marriage to a Prince. This whole drama makes her bankable. Keep it up, BRF.....the more you whine and moan the more she makes bank.

by Anonymousreply 99January 10, 2020 6:58 PM

R97, Kate Middleton is not an arriviste??! Mon dieu! Her whole family is!

by Anonymousreply 100January 10, 2020 6:59 PM

"Harry, never take sides in public against the family again.

I think your brain's gone soft from all that comedy you play with that young woman.

by Anonymousreply 101January 10, 2020 7:00 PM

Yes, Kate's an arriviste, and like most clever arriviste's she fit herself into the mold and proved she was on the Firm's side.

Kate wanted to be royal; Meghan wanted to be famous.

There's a fine but telling different. Now that Meghan's famous, she's not so keen on being royal (except in name only) and doing the drudgery anymore.

Kate, on the other hand, wants to continue being royal.

Hence, the Queen's ever increasing appreciation of Kate and incensed disgust at Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 102January 10, 2020 7:02 PM

Yeah, I love how scamming, grifting Pippa is now given a pass. And that uncle of theirs? Another pedophile. It's in their blood.

by Anonymousreply 103January 10, 2020 7:03 PM

R103, and the brother, don't forget the brother. The "entrepreneur"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 10, 2020 7:10 PM

Hope this doesn't put a dent on Pippa's lifestyle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 10, 2020 7:14 PM

Hedge Funds are tricky

by Anonymousreply 106January 10, 2020 7:15 PM

How is this thread allowed to go on this long with all the blatant racism ?

by Anonymousreply 107January 10, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote] Of course not. Why should we? I can't "fully appreciate" the Chinese experience either. Or "fully appreciate" the Indian experience. Or "fully appreciate" the Middle Eastern experience. It all sounds pretty exhausting.

It probably is exhausting for you. Sociopaths are incapable of empathy.

by Anonymousreply 108January 10, 2020 7:33 PM

It's the racism. I was born into a racist community and it's not that difficult to recognize the endemic, deeply ingrained truth of that particular sickness.

We can only try. Like a lot of people in recovery, I often catch myself being a racist asshole in my thinking, and so I can see it when others act out.

The actions or inactions of certain members of that family, and much of the public reaction on the internet press and on social media, proves why she's in Canada right now. There's racism everywhere, but I like Canadiens, particularly Montreal, and I find they do try harder.

by Anonymousreply 109January 10, 2020 7:40 PM

Canada isn’t that bad on racism. They try to be better.

America and Europe are awful. Australia the worst.

by Anonymousreply 110January 10, 2020 7:46 PM

R98, whatever fiction you want to tell yourself. I guess you are also the type who will expound on the superiority of the white race and such.....blah, blah, blah

by Anonymousreply 111January 10, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote] the thing is -- we don't care what being black is all about, and we never will.

Yes, tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 112January 10, 2020 7:49 PM

R110, I think in the US there are exceptions, it's a big country and nations in Europe like France are not that bad

by Anonymousreply 113January 10, 2020 7:50 PM

ACTUALLY, R98, colder climates can be a good thing, in a way, because the cold kills off disease-bearing mosquitos and puts a damper on the spread of certain diseases (most particularly malaria).

by Anonymousreply 114January 10, 2020 7:50 PM

[quote]R86 neither of them feels like spending their lives waving and cutting ribbons and appearing on balconies and other stupid, meaningless things, particularly when racists are going to hate them anyway. And I can't blame them.

Agreed. AND, they don’t want to raise a child exclusively in that environment.

by Anonymousreply 115January 10, 2020 7:55 PM

R112, you are making a mistake black people (anywhere) do not care what this non-entity says.

by Anonymousreply 116January 10, 2020 7:59 PM

Says the oracle of black people everywhere, apparently. Sure, troll.

"Non-entity' is the tip off here. Racist reductionist language reducing a human being to object status.

by Anonymousreply 117January 10, 2020 8:03 PM

R117, it takes one to know one

by Anonymousreply 118January 10, 2020 8:04 PM

Trolls are human beings, too, R118, even if they have bad intentions and deserve the title.

by Anonymousreply 119January 10, 2020 8:05 PM

The Africa is great troll couldn't come up with one single african philosopher, artist or scientist. I know the truth is painful, but SSA Africa would be a shithole with or without colonization. And what about Liberia? Yes, that country that was never colonized and still is one of the greatest hellholes ever. Ethyopia defeated the italians and their country is a shithole. Stop blaming other people.

by Anonymousreply 120January 10, 2020 8:09 PM

Whereas 'non-entity' is something else entirely. Rather like the term 'chattel' - but without substance. There, but not really there.

by Anonymousreply 121January 10, 2020 8:09 PM

SJWs, what is your excuse for the failure of Liberia? Tell me.

by Anonymousreply 122January 10, 2020 8:10 PM

Americunts are 100% racist. Brits are 10 000% racist. Good for Meghan for leaving those fucks behind. They will be billionaires in no time.

by Anonymousreply 123January 10, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote]The Africa is great troll couldn't come up with one single african philosopher, artist or scientist.

Boy, you're really a dog with a bone on this one, aren't you, buddy? But it's ok, you can stop now, we all realized you were an ignorant racist much earlier in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 124January 10, 2020 8:15 PM

MM is the goddess of troll culling! Pranams!

by Anonymousreply 125January 10, 2020 8:16 PM

[quote]It probably is exhausting for you. Sociopaths are incapable of empathy.

The best that I can do and be, is kind and considerate to others. To have good manners with everyone.

But to expect me to understand what it's like to be another race is silly. Of course I can pay lip service, the way most self-styled "woke" people do, but I don't have that need.

by Anonymousreply 126January 10, 2020 8:38 PM

Yes! another one! Jai Jai Meghanistani! Jai Jai!

by Anonymousreply 127January 10, 2020 8:42 PM

This is why no one takes the NYT seriously anymore. Six years ago the Economist reported that as of the 2011 census, the BME population was %14 of Britain and the mixed race people accounted for a further 6% of the British population. That was 19 years ago. Many of those %14 and 6% may now have kids of their own so we know the percentage has drastically risen and perhaps even doubled since 2011.

Britain is absolutely the least racist country I have ever lived in (I'm one quarter Indian). However, Britons do, by and large, categorically loathe Americans and make no bones about it. I think her Americanism, not her skin colour, is what Britons hate most about her.

From the Economist 2014:

"ZADIE SMITH, a novelist born to a black Jamaican mother and a white British father, recently recalled that when she was growing up in Willesden Green, a London district with a large immigrant population, “nothing could be more normal than a mixed-race girl”. The surprise, she said, was entering publishing and finding that people thought it unusual. Nobody could get that impression now: Britons are mixing at extraordinary speed.

The 2011 census revealed a country that is decreasingly white and British: England’s ethnic-minority population grew from 9% of the total in 2001 to 14%. But the biggest single increase was in the number of people claiming a mixed-ethnic background. This almost doubled, to around 1.2m. Among children under the age of five, 6% had a mixed background—more than belonged to any other minority group (see chart). Mixed-race children are now about as common in Britain as in America—a country with many more non-whites and a longer history of mass immigration."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 10, 2020 8:42 PM

Markle is not disliked because she's black. She is disliked because she's a whiney martyr who always plays the victim. She's an entitled, manipulative pain in the ass. Being black has nothing to do with it.

I'm in the midst of a job search. I hear all the time, "Thanks but no thanks," or It's not a good fit." The royal family is not a good fit for Markle, but she knew that going in given her age. She is not a young girl, and it just got worse. Markle is not Diana or Sarah who were basically thrown to the wolves in the first couple of years aftre marriage. Markle had her ass kissed, and she still was disagreeable and rude. When you are thrown into the lap of luxury, no the royal family will not be asking "if you're okay." Maybe they should, but it's not their way.

And by the way Markle, did you ever ask if any of them were okay? Did you ever ask if Kate was okay with three kids? Did you ever offer to babysit? Did you ever reach out to Beatirce or Eugenie and ask how they were doing with all the challenges the have had this past year? So, no one is going to ask yo if you're okay. You're the "woke" one. Maybe you should have made the first move. Being one-quarter black is a big irrelevant excuse for you being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 129January 10, 2020 8:43 PM

She wants out coz she wants $$$$$$$$$$$$.

That's all she ever wanted. Look at her track record of ex-husbands.

by Anonymousreply 130January 10, 2020 8:45 PM

She's just using the race card to get what she wants ($$$)

by Anonymousreply 131January 10, 2020 8:45 PM

[quote]The 2011 census revealed a country that is decreasingly white and British

Britain decreasingly British. What a sad thing.

by Anonymousreply 132January 10, 2020 8:46 PM

Look! R129 is trying to school us all in the travails of struggling commoner in today's world and making Markle look ungrateful. We've seen it before. -9/10. You can spell!

You do realize you have better targets in the slags that have been there longer, right? Non? pauvre petit

by Anonymousreply 133January 10, 2020 8:48 PM

R128, I don't care what you say. R123 is bang on the money.

by Anonymousreply 134January 10, 2020 8:51 PM

R129,

[quote] Markle is not disliked because she's black.

Yes, keep telling yourself that. What has been published about her in the media in the UK for the past few years can only be described as racist hounding. So, get just lost...

by Anonymousreply 135January 10, 2020 8:54 PM

People that celebrate shit like a tiny increase in the percentage of mixed-race children are racist clowns.

by Anonymousreply 136January 10, 2020 8:55 PM

R135 Could you please post an example of this "racist hounding"?

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 137January 10, 2020 8:56 PM

Shift change!

by Anonymousreply 138January 10, 2020 8:59 PM

R137, you should be able to identify it, it's similar to what you are doing on this thread, but directed directly at Meghan, ignoring the 4th wall.

by Anonymousreply 139January 10, 2020 9:11 PM

R39 Of course. You can't post examples of the press' "racist hounding" because you're making up shit.

If it was so bad, there must be plenty of examples out there. Let's see them.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 140January 10, 2020 9:24 PM

I can remember precisely ONE headline in the UK mainstream press that I thought racist.

The rest of the time, people conveniently forget that Meghan was criticised for stuff she DID - along with her idiot husband. The assumption is, even if she does make gaffes, no one should point it out, because her Mum's black.

They cannot come up with a single racist headline to support their assertion that the British press is racist. I can, because I remember it, but it was the only one I saw. When Meghan comes out in awful clothes, badly done hair, extravagant price tags, pulls the Wimbledon Diva act, makes a gran scena about the fucking christening and the godparents - all criticism is shunted into the "racist" column.

Not one of these people will admit that she made a mess of being royal from the get-go, that the Queen had to take her aside because of how she treated staff, that she often dressed inappropriately and behaved inappropriately on tours, and that she and Harry couldn't be bothered to head up to Balmoral for a couple of days as the rest of the family does to show respect for the Queen and bond with the family traditions.

She's a calculating bitch and she made that obvious and she got called out for it. Suggesting that if she hadn't been mixed race no one would have cared is absurd.

This game has rules. She knew that when she married in. She married in to get her hands on the goods, and ignored the rules.

She got the press coverage she earned.

by Anonymousreply 141January 10, 2020 9:46 PM

[quote] The TIMES, of course, neglects to mention that she declared war on the British press a year before she and Harry were even engaged

Link.

You sound like you need a psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 142January 10, 2020 9:50 PM

R141 is mentally ill. Muriel, flush it.

by Anonymousreply 143January 10, 2020 9:51 PM

IGNORE is not a friend to r141. The obsession is straight up scary.

by Anonymousreply 144January 10, 2020 9:53 PM

I hate her so much. How dare she. That n-ella belongs in the third world.

by Anonymousreply 145January 10, 2020 9:53 PM

Troll Pile UP! The shift change was something, but since I already had you blocked from a few hours ago, I guess you were all just taking a dinner break. How's the borscht tonight?

by Anonymousreply 146January 10, 2020 9:56 PM

It would be the best thing if Harry went on the Maury Povich show, I have no idea if Maury is even alive, and revealed that no Charles is not the father. That would be the best thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 147January 10, 2020 9:58 PM

It breaks my heart to imagine this n-ella touching Harry's precious and pure pale skin. The world is so unfair. Revolting.

by Anonymousreply 148January 10, 2020 9:59 PM

I think it great that ole racist Britain is becoming less and less British and white. The 21st century is a game changer, and people are sick and tired of whites and the racism they have created and perpetuated for centuries on this earth.

That's going to be Britans karma. Karma for spreading their toxic English imperialism and colonizing the world, and the way racist way they went about everything. The universe will never let you escape what you've done to the others.

Martin Luther king said, the arch of justice is long but it bends towards justice. Justice is on the way. White Society will be made to eat every evil thing they ever done. There's a reason the drum beats are becoming ever increasingly loud as far as openly criticizing white people out in the mainstream open. People have had sufficient of the evil white society has given us for centuries. Their day has long since been over, and people just don't give a shit any longer. And Trump isn't helping anything either.

Even the words "white men" has become a bad word and they don't like it. But they've put themselves in this position. I look forward to the downfall of Great Britain, it's long over due.

by Anonymousreply 149January 10, 2020 10:04 PM

Africa will always be a dirty shithole, resentful black.

by Anonymousreply 150January 10, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]“It’s the racism.“

Well, it's true. Brits are more racist than we all thought...

by Anonymousreply 151January 10, 2020 10:08 PM

R150 Are made your precious lily white England isn't going to be white by the end of this century any longer?

You'll get over it bitch.

by Anonymousreply 152January 10, 2020 10:08 PM

Africans have nothing, Europeans have everything. Europeans had a huge impact in the whole planet, ssa africans made no contributions to mankind. In the next centuries, people will still be amazed by the work of Rembrandt, Vermeer, Shakespeare, Bach and Wagner. Not to mention the science. Blacks are the most disastrous race of human history.

by Anonymousreply 153January 10, 2020 10:10 PM

Somehow, I don't think things will work out the way you want them to, r149.

by Anonymousreply 154January 10, 2020 10:10 PM

Still waiting to see some examples of the press' "racist hounding" of Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 155January 10, 2020 10:12 PM

Black people can whine and scream, but painting and music wil always be the major proof that European civilization is the peak of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 156January 10, 2020 10:13 PM

The monkey pic. Unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 157January 10, 2020 10:14 PM

[quote]People have had sufficient of the evil white society has given us for centuries. Their day has long since been over, and people just don't give a shit any longer. And Trump isn't helping anything either.

Dear, whites still have all the money, all the industries...they're still inventing all the cool technologies, still making all the advancements in science and medicine. Still live in the nicest places.

They're not going to be replaced by anyone. Sorry to break it to you.

by Anonymousreply 158January 10, 2020 10:17 PM

She was selling herself as a descendant of a slave from the beginning. So woke. Now it's emerged that the weak-willed, wrong-headed Obummer couple were the ones who advised this toxic duo. Yes, everyone who has been disillusioned with Obummer is racist.

by Anonymousreply 159January 10, 2020 10:18 PM

Holy shit—if there’s any doubt what Meghan has faced as far as racism, check out every three or four posts in this thread. And they’re the ones who will argue that they’re not racist in the least. No, it’s not everyone, but it’s a lot.

by Anonymousreply 160January 10, 2020 10:20 PM

A backlash against african invaders is coming to Europe. Boris Johnson is just the beginning. Black people have no place in the first world.

by Anonymousreply 161January 10, 2020 10:22 PM

Blacks don’t belong in the British Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 162January 10, 2020 10:24 PM

The two slogans of the Meghan haters are: kkk is great great great. And any black is wack wack wack. They truly are disgustingly racist and uber white supremists.

by Anonymousreply 163January 10, 2020 10:26 PM

I can't speak to what went on with the Royal Family and their crowd, do think she's been at the receiving end of a lot of racism from the press and public, almost all of it indirectly expressed.

I also think that if she thinks she can "fight" it by freeing herself from the rules the BRF has for dealing with the press, she'll only make matters worse. Much worse.

by Anonymousreply 164January 10, 2020 10:26 PM

I am racist, so what? The left can not force me to feel attracted to black skin, black lips and black hair. My mind is free.

by Anonymousreply 165January 10, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote]It breaks my heart to imagine this n-ella touching Harry's precious and pure pale skin. The world is so unfair.

And there we have it, the real issue here. Maybe you'll get your pale white life partner of your dreams one day, if you really really hope and pray for it. It's never too late, even for you!

by Anonymousreply 166January 10, 2020 10:31 PM

There's a Brit media article I remember that claimed that EVERY ONE of Meghan's ancestors were slaves. WTF. That means half of her ancestors were slave owners since her dad was a cracker.

by Anonymousreply 167January 10, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote]r141 Not one of these people will admit that she made a mess of being royal from the get-go, that the Queen had to take her aside because of how she treated staff, that she often dressed inappropriately and behaved inappropriately on tours, and that she and Harry couldn't be bothered to head up to Balmoral for a couple of days as the rest of the family does to show respect for the Queen and bond with the family traditions.

Here's the thing; she's an American. She doesn't owe the BRF shit. Had they made things more pleasant for her, she might have stuck around full time, and continued to garner the (dying) monarchy press, and younger fans. But the BRF blew it, starting with Blackamoorgate.

They forgot she's not someone like Kate, who's never really worked for anything and whose entire existence is dependent upon the monarchy. Meghan Markle is a grownup American whose being exists beyond a nod from the Queen. And luckily she's married to a man who sees life the same way - - as existing beyond Buckingham Palace.

by Anonymousreply 168January 10, 2020 10:51 PM

Let's not forget Big Liz chose to house MM in Frogmore Cottage - when Frogmore Cotton Plantation is a famous tourist site in Louisiana, formerly worked by slaves.

Her little joke?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169January 10, 2020 11:00 PM

•Darling you can have relations with the darkies, or hold the darkie aids babies, but you can’t marry one”

by Anonymousreply 170January 10, 2020 11:05 PM

It was that or listen to Willy's whining. Windsor is nicer, anyway. The nest of vipers in Kensington never left a stone unturned in their efforts to drive her out right from the start when she lived on the grounds.

Brit trolls must think we're blind to the outright viciousness.

by Anonymousreply 171January 10, 2020 11:07 PM

They are whinps. Senior Royals my ass, they just don't want to do the duty. Think about it .... as "senior royals" every day of their lives they'd be expected to represent the Crown, appear at a school, an opening, act as if they are are involved, are caring. Every move photographed can be a drag. Just watch, they'll keep the English digs, but do nothing to earn it. Three years from now they'll be back in the fold. Quietlyl

by Anonymousreply 172January 10, 2020 11:10 PM

This is the first MM thread I’ve read, but have seen references to them on other threads. Now I see what all the hype was about. I definitely won’t read another one. They seem to be crazy-magnets (I mean that for both sides of the argument.)

by Anonymousreply 173January 10, 2020 11:16 PM

On the one hand it's depressing to watch DL turn into Gay Stormfront every time a person of color ends up in a scandal.

On the other hand it's most useful for blocking the many, many racist cunts.

by Anonymousreply 174January 10, 2020 11:23 PM

Criticizing her $120k Dior dress is being a racist? So be it. The greedy bitch is a spendthrift and people are stating the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 175January 10, 2020 11:27 PM

R175, yours is the first post that mentions the Dior dress. Want to take a gander on how many previous posters mentioned the word “mulatto”?

by Anonymousreply 176January 10, 2020 11:37 PM

"She doesn't owe the BRF shit."

As long as she took their money, she DID. And quite frankly, as long as she hasn't paid back whatever she spent of their funds and is using their publicity value for her own purposes, she still owes them. Not as much as if she were still their dependent, but she as long as she's using them she owes them courtesy and respect.

Which won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 177January 10, 2020 11:40 PM

[quote]r175 Criticizing her $120k Dior dress is being a racist? So be it. The greedy bitch is a spendthrift

I'm quite sure that's not what she paid.

by Anonymousreply 178January 10, 2020 11:47 PM

R177 also believe the blacks owe the slave owner descendants for "taking care" of the slaves. Fuck off, racist asshole. We see through your racist veneer.

by Anonymousreply 179January 10, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]"She doesn't owe the BRF shit."

Uh...She owes the institution of the monarchy everything if her money making brand is called "Sussex Royal".

"In December, Harry and Meghan trademarked the "Sussex Royal" brand, including 100 items ranging from notepads and socks to counselling services."

by Anonymousreply 180January 11, 2020 12:01 AM

[quote] Uh...She owes the institution of the monarchy everything if her money making brand is called "Sussex Royal". "In December, Harry and Meghan trademarked the "Sussex Royal" brand, including 100 items ranging from notepads and socks to counselling services."

How much does RJ Reynolds owe “the institution” for their Prince Albert brand.

by Anonymousreply 181January 11, 2020 12:57 AM

She’s a very beautiful and sexy woman. Victim or not, I just know that she can drive a straight man crazy in bed and it is working for her. The power of pussy. I’ll give her another 5 years and he will get bored of her

by Anonymousreply 182January 11, 2020 1:02 AM

[quote]In December, Harry and Meghan trademarked the "Sussex Royal" brand, including 100 items ranging from notepads and socks to counselling services."

That's not a proper name. Anyone who got there first could have trade marked the brand name "Sussex Royal" if they wanted to. It's not proprietary.

by Anonymousreply 183January 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Will the queen sue me if I start beauty product line called Queen Lizzy?

by Anonymousreply 184January 11, 2020 1:17 AM

Fuck off, r17. You aren’t in charge of what royals “should do.”

by Anonymousreply 185January 11, 2020 1:31 AM

[quote]Anyone who got there first could have trade marked the brand name "Sussex Royal" if they wanted to.

We know that.

But if you're the Duchess of Sussex with a line of yoga pants and workout tights called "Sussex Royal"...uh... I think you might have chosen that name to cash in on your connection to the British Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 186January 11, 2020 1:33 AM

About the expensive dresses; do people realise that many of these celebrities — Meghan included — don't buy it themselves?? More often than not they are freebies from designers and fashion houses.

by Anonymousreply 187January 11, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote]We know that. But if you're the Duchess of Sussex with a line of yoga pants and workout tights called "Sussex Royal"...uh... I think you might have chosen that name to cash in on your connection to the British Royal Family.

And? So what? They did hear dirty. Turnabout is fair play.

by Anonymousreply 188January 11, 2020 1:40 AM

^her

by Anonymousreply 189January 11, 2020 1:41 AM

The Sussex Royal logo.

Royal blue. With a crown. And an "M" imposed on an "H".

The marketing has begun.

I want a t-shirt and coffee mug!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 11, 2020 1:41 AM

LOL.....The New York times.....LOL They know why she wants out? Did they know why the Jews wanted out of Germany in the 1930s also?

by Anonymousreply 191January 11, 2020 1:45 AM

Just because Africa supposedly was a shithole didn't make it ok to exploit its people and resources.

by Anonymousreply 192January 11, 2020 1:50 AM

[quote]r11 But if you're the Duchess of Sussex with a line of yoga pants and workout tights called "Sussex Royal"...uh... I think you might have chosen that name to cash in on your connection to the British Royal Family.

She is IN the royal family. She and her husband ARE Sussex. Of course that would be their brand name.

And as for "cashing in," at least she isn't starting wars or killing people to get money/power, like royalty previously has done.

Where do we think Big Liz's enormous fortune comes from? Because she was such a nice lady everyone threw money at her?

by Anonymousreply 193January 11, 2020 3:03 AM

R191, the article is written by a black British author. So it's not the NYT per se, but someone who knows about the matter. I don't think the NYT cares one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 194January 11, 2020 3:12 AM

Let's not try to normalize Meghan or the damage that she's done.

by Anonymousreply 195January 11, 2020 3:20 AM

I feel bad for the Queen, having to put up with this shameless grifter at her age, not to mention Andrew. She shouldn't have to be going through this in her nineties.

by Anonymousreply 196January 11, 2020 3:25 AM

R192, was it? Is that the narrative you are going with?

Explorers from the medieval times such as scholars Ibn Battuta (circa 14th century) show a very different picture of parts of West Africa. So do the Portuguese and other European traders who exchanged goods with Africans in the West African region at that time too.

Medieval sculptures from what is present day Nigeria (circa 13th to 15th century?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 11, 2020 3:28 AM

More naturalistic head sculptures from Ife in present day Nigeria also from 13th to 15th century AD

They show a very sophisticated and advanced knowledge and technique of metal smelting, that rivalled anything happening in Europe at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 11, 2020 3:35 AM

The UK has an over-inflated view of itself vis-a-vis the rest of the modern world. It's full of old-boy networks keeping in place the status-quo. Once Brexit rolls around they'll find out how irrelevant they are in the 21st century world. I don't blame Meghan and Harry for abandoning that sinking ship.

by Anonymousreply 199January 11, 2020 3:36 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 11, 2020 3:40 AM

Akan goldweights from present day Ghana, known as the Gold Coast for obvious reasons.

The were used many centuries ago by the Akan people to weigh gold dust which was used as currency before notes and coins were introduced. Surprisingly, this particular one shows 2 gay men at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 11, 2020 3:43 AM

Another Akan gold weight, this one is in the British Museum in London

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202January 11, 2020 3:45 AM

r201/r202 I guess you're trying to say they were some evolved, advanced civilization but that's not really the case.

by Anonymousreply 203January 11, 2020 3:50 AM

Girl please. She has spent her entire life trying to be white. I say that as biracial person with a black mom and white dad.

by Anonymousreply 204January 11, 2020 3:50 AM

Medieval sculptures from what is present day Nigeria (circa 13th to 15th century?)

My, my...how advanced!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 11, 2020 3:51 AM

That’s amazing @R201

by Anonymousreply 206January 11, 2020 3:56 AM

The Kingdom of Benin founded in the 11th -12th century existed in what is today southern Nigeria. The Benin royal family whose lineage is still alive today commissioned regalia with coral beads, bronze, ivory, etc.... Many of the bronzes beautiful and intricate detail (that were stolen during the colonial period by Brits, French, etc...) with can be found spread across many European museums.

These bronze plaques were fitted around the door structure of the Oba's (king's) palace in Edo the capital of the kingdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 11, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote] I feel bad for the Queen, having to put up with this shameless grifter at her age, not to mention Andrew. She shouldn't have to be going through this in her nineties.

Yes she shouldn't have to be "going through" her 30 something yr old grandson working to build a happy fulfilling independent life for himself and his family. Harry should devote his life to making her and the antiquated monarchy happy. He does not deserve to have a happy life for himself. His life should be dictated by the queen, the media and all of the people who complain about the taxes the believe go to the monarchy. He should spend his life traveling from one miserable ribbon cutting ceremony to the next, smiling for the camera. Regardless of how miserable he is. The bullshit antiquated royal monarchy, created a thousand yrs ago, the result of contests in thuggery is what really matters. God ordained this foolishness!

by Anonymousreply 208January 11, 2020 4:00 AM

R206, I know. I just wanted to give a minute taste of Africa for those who claim that before the Europeans set foot there it was a 'shithole'. The visual arts from the continent are rich and breathtaking. But then again you have to know, if people know nothing of course they are going to come up with the usual racist tropes.

by Anonymousreply 209January 11, 2020 4:02 AM

^^ brilliantly on point and insightful.

by Anonymousreply 210January 11, 2020 4:02 AM

with all due respect to r210, my response was to r208 (below)

[quote]Yes she shouldn't have to be "going through" her 30 something yr old grandson working to build a happy fulfilling independent life for himself and his family. Harry should devote his life to making her and the antiquated monarchy happy. He does not deserve to have a happy life for himself. His life should be dictated by the queen, the media and all of the people who complain about the taxes the believe go to the monarchy. He should spend his life traveling from one miserable ribbon cutting ceremony to the next, smiling for the camera. Regardless of how miserable he is. The bullshit antiquated royal monarchy, created a thousand yrs ago, the result of contests in thuggery is what really matters. God ordained this foolishness!

by Anonymousreply 211January 11, 2020 4:04 AM

R207 Those are from the 16th century.

You might want to check out what Cellini and Ghiberti were doing at that time....

by Anonymousreply 212January 11, 2020 4:04 AM

oh no - I'm making it even more confusing : (

by Anonymousreply 213January 11, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote] EXCLUSIVE: Harry's girl is (almost) straight outta Compton: Gang-scarred home of her mother revealed - so will he be dropping by for tea?

Straight out of View Park Windsor Hills where the homes range from $600,000 to over 2 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214January 11, 2020 4:12 AM

So glad a decedent of American slaves is helping to speed up the implosion of the so call BRF. That's what they're thieving, enslaving asses get.

These are not good people in the least bit at all. That whole family has a history of murdering, stealing, enslaving or human beings etc. And we're supposed to feel sorry for these nasty racist ass white supremacists masquerading around as so called "Royalty"?

Fuck that whole family and they're so called "Monarchy." The only people who care about this shit, is ancient as white people in so called Great Britain. This bullshit is the exact reason this family will not make it into the 22 second century. The whole concept of a BRF is played the fuck out and completely antiquated and outdated in 2020. They need to bring all this mess to a fuckin end like yesterday.

Fuck that whole stale ass family. No one gives a fuck about them.

The decedent's are smiling in the great beyond.

Fucking enslavers. That's they're legacy.

by Anonymousreply 215January 11, 2020 4:13 AM

R205, here we have someone who is not able to accept difference.

R212, I am not interested in your Eurocentric garbage and your nazi propaganda on the superiority of some races over others.

Every cultural object is the product of its society with their own unique beliefs and philosophy, that are a gift to humanity regardless of their geographical area, race, ethnicity, religion but I am sure all of this is lost on you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 11, 2020 4:14 AM

R216 Well stated.

by Anonymousreply 217January 11, 2020 4:16 AM

R216 Those are cute.

by Anonymousreply 218January 11, 2020 4:17 AM

Any black person in an interracial marriage knows EXACTLY why they've split. The microaggressions must be compounded when the family can coopt the media and millions around the world to do their dirty work for them.

by Anonymousreply 219January 11, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote] Fuck that whole family and they're so called "Monarchy."

But Blue eyed Baby Jesus ordained it.

by Anonymousreply 220January 11, 2020 4:22 AM

R205, by the way that is not medieval sculpture. You don't know much art history, do you?

by Anonymousreply 221January 11, 2020 4:26 AM

R218, thank you. Also from Benin. Not sure, but believe they are ivory and copper.

by Anonymousreply 222January 11, 2020 4:27 AM

R219 Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 223January 11, 2020 4:39 AM

r208 if they're that unhappy, then surely they'll remove themselves from the royal payroll. Oh, wait....

They want all the perks without having to work.

by Anonymousreply 224January 11, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote]So glad a decedent of American slaves is helping to speed up the implosion of the so call BRF. That's what they're thieving, enslaving asses get.

The BRF isn't imploding and it isn't going anywhere. They'll still be around long after Meghan Markle.

Why don't you also direct your anger to North Africans, who were also complicit in the slave trade?

by Anonymousreply 225January 11, 2020 4:56 AM

[quote] Fuck that whole stale ass family.

Yes, FUCK THEM. Fuck them right in THE ASS!

by Anonymousreply 226January 11, 2020 5:15 AM

Even glow-in-the-dark Bonnie Franklin couldn’t have made lily white Lilibet happy.

by Anonymousreply 227January 11, 2020 5:18 AM

[quote]Let's not try to normalize Meghan

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 228January 11, 2020 5:23 AM

[quote] The BRF isn't imploding and it isn't going anywhere. They'll still be around long after Meghan Markle. Why don't you also direct your anger to North Africans, who were also complicit in the slave trade?

Blue eyed Sweet Baby Jesus will protect his earthly vessels, the royals. He ordained them to be the greatest murders and thieves and rule over the lowly commoners. He will continue to smite those who rise up against it.

by Anonymousreply 229January 11, 2020 5:45 AM

Nice hyperbole, r229. You should write for tv.

by Anonymousreply 230January 11, 2020 5:51 AM

Megs fangurls hear racism because they don't want to hear DISGUST.

by Anonymousreply 231January 11, 2020 5:58 AM

Look at r141 ‘s criticism of Meghan and learn how the Brits do racism. It’s so subtle, but not really. He’s basically telling her that she has no right to identify as black. He’ll do it for her, thanks and in his eyes, she’s neither black, and most definitely not white, so she’s a non-person. The racing driver Lewis Hamilton recognises this and goes out of his way to identify as black even though he has a white mother. But at least he doesn’t look as racially ambiguous as Meghan.

So r88 There’s also a part of the mixed-race community that’s been raised to look down on all that is black therefore spend their lives trying to distance themselves from blackness, but always get a rude awakening of outright rejection by the white community. That’s when they realise that it’s whites, not blacks that have a problem with them. Colin Kaepernick, who also has a white mother only gets told he’s not “really black” when it’s meant to insult, usually by white right wing racists. The only time blacks have an issue is when someone visibly black, like Tiger Woods, try to claim they’re not black. Race is a social construct, it’s how you physically appear to the outside world. So Trevor Noah (also half white) has no problems identifying as black.

by Anonymousreply 232January 11, 2020 5:59 AM

I believe if Meghan was 100% white the criticism would be even worse. There would really be no holding back.

by Anonymousreply 233January 11, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote]Look at [R141] ‘s criticism of Meghan and learn how the Brits do racism. It’s so subtle, but not really. He’s basically telling her that she has no right to identify as black.

There's nothing racist in his assessment. If you marry into the Royal Family in this day and age, you know exactly what you're getting into. You don't get to play by your own rules. Meghan thought she could do that, and she got told. Anyone of any race would've been treated the same way. Being a member of the Royal Family does not mean you're a movie star or a common celebrity with all the bullshit that goes with that.

by Anonymousreply 234January 11, 2020 6:02 AM

The fact that they trademarked Sussex Royal is all I need to know about who these two actually are.

by Anonymousreply 235January 11, 2020 6:04 AM

SussexRoyal® for TARGET

by Anonymousreply 236January 11, 2020 6:07 AM

MM wants "out" because she doesn't care to be constantly compared for the worse with Catherine.

She doesn't care for Harry's irrelevant non-heir position's being highlighted when in William's (and George's) arena.

She wants out of the UK to be out from under HM's power, MM being one to disregard those she cannot manipulate to her will and benefit. In North America, Harry will be in her bailiwick, her milieu, the easier to boss him around.

Finally, Rachel Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, wants to leave the UK to build, unfettered, a brand with HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex. The ultimate Insta-gram couple (or family, but let's face it, maternal she ain't, and photogenic Archie ain't). Harry will make his way giving presentations about his mother, and signing copies of photos of them together. Meghan will have a sell-out of her own MAC celebrity lipstick. Oh, the possibilities of Sussex celebrityhood seem endless, do they not?!

by Anonymousreply 237January 11, 2020 6:15 AM

Life is much too short to live just to please other people. No one should live their life just to please their parents, grandparents, much less weirdo strangers. There are so many miserable people in this world who can't figure out their own lives. Yet those same miserable people want to dictate what others should do. Good luck to these two.

by Anonymousreply 238January 11, 2020 6:54 AM

are you an idiot, r71? did you not read r68's explanation for why Europeans had an advantage by dint of their location? and did it not occur to you that that advantage is what allowed *some* of them to self-actualize and advance civilization in a way that Africans were unable to?

by Anonymousreply 239January 11, 2020 6:59 AM

and I should have put "advance" in quotation marks bc white supremacy has probably been the most damaging and insidious poison that has emerged out of "civilization." r216 is right- every culture's contributions have value. also, location and natural environment shape and impact a culture's output and traditions.

by Anonymousreply 240January 11, 2020 7:30 AM

Don't make this a race issue. Meghan is narcissistic and that's why people hate her. It has nothing to do with the color of her skin.

by Anonymousreply 241January 11, 2020 8:22 AM

She does have a history of dumping people and moving on. No family except her mother, few friends. Harry said early on that the BRF would become her family since she was practically an orphan. Now look where they are. His family is getting dumped as well.

by Anonymousreply 242January 11, 2020 8:56 AM

I doubt their "brand" is going to bring in nearly as much as they think.

Nobody seems to like them, even Harry has gone from the most popular royal to being regarded as a pussy-whipped dim bulb.

by Anonymousreply 243January 11, 2020 9:05 AM

I can’t cite incidences as I don’t read them but I have no doubt the tabloids have been nothing but unpleasant and more so than if Markle was white. However, I do think her being an American actress was probably seen as bad enough. And then you can add the tacky behaviour of her family. They had a lot to work with and were probably salivating at the idea of a fresh target to bully .They are merciless.

But both of them must have anticipated that. How could they not given who his mother was in the eyes of the press and the public. She was practically bloody deified. No woman could live up to that and the knives were bound to be out.

However, that documentary and the clumsy self pitying was a big mistake. They went up against the media while using it themselves as well and they didn’t pull it off. If they had doubts and problems they should have been handled privately and with dignity. Not talk about their struggle, on camera, at a time the country is in a mess because of Brexit, there are divisions among communities and families, austerity has led to the growth of foodbanks and homelessness has increased. That is strictly tone deaf self indulgent celebrity bullshit.

If they step away and give up the titles and the privilege that comes with them I would respect them. But the impression is they want to keep the good bits. It seems their idea of modernising is to follow a template based on celebrity and social media. To grow their brand. Basically monetising their privilege. Tacky and an insult to the institution and the people who pay for it. Why should the British taxpayer pay for anything they do ? That they are saying they want to work towards financial independence is laughably tone deaf. These are two very wealthy people.

Their handling of it, the petulant announcement purposely independent of the Palace, has just created more drama to be used by the tabloids mercilessly. For two people who don’t want to be in the public eye they chose a bizarre way of dealing with it. They look spoilt and stupid, the Palace looks wrong footed and clumsy.

They’ve been married less than two years. They had the grand wedding. They got the honeymoon. They got the cottage. Public money involved in all of it. Then she has the baby and the agenda changed pretty quickly. Time off for stress and then this announcement. You’d be forgiven for thinking it was planned all along.

Johnson’s cynical manipulation of the Queen proved the authority of the monarchy is negligible. We may not need a monarchy. We certainly don’t need one that is a lifestyle brand for the rich and famous.

by Anonymousreply 244January 11, 2020 9:33 AM

The author is a millionaire Oxford graduate from one of those high-level Afican families that took millions from the poor of their own country and used it to raise their daughter in opulent wealth in a London townhouse (Apparently the family is related to slavetraders). She's been trying to outdo Owen Jones in the 'wokest commentator' stakes ever since.

Total fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 11, 2020 11:10 AM

R182 - Christ, she was decently attractive, a shitty actress, and she's lost most of the attractiveness she got with the bloom of youth and a great deal of hair and makeup work. Right now, her skin looks like shit, her hair looks like shit, she looks dumpy instead of petite, and in her first appearance in 7 weeks managed to come out with a top that had visible large sweat stained armpits.

I can't speak to her sexual talent, but whatever.

These days she looks more like Moriticia Addams after a Mediterranean cruise during which she had way too much blood and way too much sun.

by Anonymousreply 246January 11, 2020 12:48 PM

R244 - Hear, hear. If the monarchy's way of dealing with these two nutjobs is to allow them to monetise their ties to the monarchy, then the monarchy isn't what we all thought the purpose of the monarchy is and should be.

If it really exists to help ungrateful spares monetise his privileges to satisfy a wife voractious for enormous wealth and celebrity, I say let it go. It's done for.

And, this exercise in coddling makes a mockery of the Cambridges' approach to their duties.

Remember how disapprove they all were when Sarah Ferguson did it?

Why, suddenly, is it all right if Harry's wife does it?

I say this escapade, handled as increasingly it seems as if it will be, with the BRF O and Meghan Markle 4 (titles, funding, free home intact, whilst doing less for us and more for herself), points up how empty the monarchy really is.

As an American humourist once said in a famous cartoon of a child refusing to eat a plate of green stuff that his mother keeps telling him is really something else, "I say it's spinach, and I say the hell with it."

by Anonymousreply 247January 11, 2020 12:55 PM

R243 fuck off, Harry was never a popular Royal. None of the Royals are popular at this point.

by Anonymousreply 248January 11, 2020 2:35 PM

Meghan threads always bring out the inherent extreme racism of most DLers. It really is disgusting. No one cares what you cunts think about this or anything.

by Anonymousreply 249January 11, 2020 2:38 PM

She treated the staff like shit, she thinks she's super special! She was nasty to the staff about the vegan item, she taste tested it and couldn't believe there was no meat in it and kept grilling the poor staff member. She was such a cunt that the Queen took her aside and told the cunt we don't treat people here like this.

She made someone cry at the kids' fitting for the wedding ( I think it was Kate). She went through sooo many nannies and personal assistants who can't stand working for her.

People who treat waiters or small people like shit are assholes...you can be sure of this...skin color has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 250January 11, 2020 2:56 PM

[quote]Who gives a shit about racism? Grow the fuck up.

WTF does this even mean? You wrote this thinking it was remotely intelligent?

The fact is this site has gone to shit specifically because moronic, lonely gays and their equally moronic, lonely fraus have become obsessed with this woman. Muriel, it has gotten out of hand. Cockroaches are coming to this site because they know they can be anonymously psychotic in their hate for this woman. For the love of God, please end this shit or give them their own dark hole in which to play.

by Anonymousreply 251January 11, 2020 3:01 PM

Except for TV viewers of Suits,no one knew who the fuck she was until Harry. She's famous now and wants the Angelina Jolie type image of international "do-gooder." She wants to be a major influencer and make speeches and travel the world for photo ops and make a mountain of cash while doing it.

The Duke & Duchess of Windsor used to charge for attending a dinner. People laughed and mocked their crassness. But it was just a preview. I won't be surprised of she uses this opportunity to start separating herself from Harry. They'll have a commuter marriage with long periods of time between visits, and eventually they will divorce but not until she has firmly established her"brand."Not his.

Harry will always be a Prince of the Blood. Meghan is riding that connection now until it's no longer useful. I giver her five years at most, until she is established on her own and kiss Harry good bye. They will have an amicable split and co-parent. Because Archie is her ticket, baby, her leverage over Harry and Charles.

Oh and she will be very careful not to criticize The Queen, Charles & Camilla and William and Catherine. She will simply say the monarchy was too confining, and she felt it was important for her to speak out about sexism, and be a feminist and to talk about racism and other things the Monarchy finds too controversial or political. S

he will find a way to compartmentalize all of it and sell it. Get your popcorn. I will say that I like Harry and always have and I feel sorry for him. Harry was vulnerable and she really manipulated him. William had her number which is why he cautioned Harry to slow down during the courtship.

by Anonymousreply 252January 11, 2020 3:08 PM

r252 with your mind-reading skills, you could be on Search for the Stars!

by Anonymousreply 253January 11, 2020 3:10 PM

Harry is a victim. He's been used by her. so obvious. He's too stupid to see. Maybe he knows but he can't admit to his family that he fucked up, esp to his brother who warned him about this whore and that he should have taken mummy's advice not to marry in haste. he's gonna have to ride it out and hope it works out.

by Anonymousreply 254January 11, 2020 3:12 PM

Harry is a victim. He's been used by her. so obvious. He's too stupid to see. Maybe he knows but he can't admit to his family that he fucked up, esp to his brother who warned him about this whore and that he should have taken mummy's advice not to marry in haste. he's gonna have to ride it out and hope it works out.

by Anonymousreply 255January 11, 2020 3:12 PM

R253, not to mention the length of the post. Demented people.

by Anonymousreply 256January 11, 2020 3:13 PM

R249, and a lot of them aren't American. You can see from their spelling. Americans can be shit when it comes to racism, but it's nothing compared to the UK. They're such fucking assholes over there. My cousin lived there for a year for his job and said the "Asian" Britons were very helpful and kind while the white Britons were just nasty and many were overtly racist.

by Anonymousreply 257January 11, 2020 3:19 PM

I listened to a great podcast with Jordan Peele. He talked about the habit of white people telling him what is and isn’t racist, without considering his point of view. For all of you talking about how your stuff isn’t racist, that’s what you’re doing.

by Anonymousreply 258January 11, 2020 3:20 PM

The power of pussy, I’ll tell ya. That’s how women control and manipulate their men. Good for her. I hate those hypocritical royals

by Anonymousreply 259January 11, 2020 3:25 PM

^ not all of you, to be sure, but I’m referring to every conversation on how Meghan is only a “little bit black”, or how she only dates white guys, and on...

by Anonymousreply 260January 11, 2020 3:25 PM

So you're all screaming "Racist" while ignoring the many examples of Meghan being a narcissistic, grifting cunt?

by Anonymousreply 261January 11, 2020 4:16 PM

Blah, blah, blah....racism, blah, blah, blah......ZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

Can we get back to talking about all the ways this conniving grifter duped poor, dumb Harry?

by Anonymousreply 262January 11, 2020 4:39 PM

[quote]So you're all screaming "Racist" while ignoring the many examples of Meghan being a narcissistic, grifting cunt?

Most of these examples are based in your hysterics. You don't know this woman AT ALL and you speak as though she strangles puppies and kittens just to piss *YOU* off.

And you don't have to be burning a cross to be a racist. The fact is that a lot of you can't accept that behavior which wouldn't get this reaction coming from a white woman had he married one, is considered "uppity" by her.

The reason Trump can behave the way he does and still become president while Obama had to be a fucking 1950s "perfect dad" is specifically because of the attitudes of people like you and the rest of the idiots who can't accept that racism doesn't have to be in your face screaming "nigger." It's the subtle things that people like you cannot accept about yourselves. Many of us see it and you're too fucking ignorant to see it yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 263January 11, 2020 4:46 PM

The trolls just throw shit out there. They're like the monkeys at a zoo throwing poo at everyone outside the bars of their pitiful existence.

Enjoy Brexit, cunts. You all deserve what's coming.

by Anonymousreply 264January 11, 2020 4:52 PM

R204, I imagine that made things worse. She has spent her life enjoying some privilege afforded to biracial people who lean into their white heritage only to be basically treated as black ghetto trash by the aristocracy, the BRF, and the press. She has probably been running from this her whole life.

by Anonymousreply 265January 11, 2020 4:58 PM

They deserve Brexit for being racist morons. And Boris Johnson being elected by a large margin says everything you need to know about those assholes as they act like they just so hate Trump., meanwhile, they just elected Trump's new bitch KNOWING he was Trump's bitch. Yeah, go fly that dumb Trump balloon. You sooo made a point with it. Way to go, UK. You're just so much more "enlightened" than the US. At least we can say that the majority DIDN'T vote for Trump. We're at least beholden to an antiquated political system which allows the loser of the popular vote to still win. We know your excuse, UKKK.

by Anonymousreply 266January 11, 2020 4:59 PM

R215, is correct. All of the so called Royals are the original grifters and thieves; colonizing and stealing the resources from the native people.

by Anonymousreply 267January 11, 2020 5:02 PM

R263, thank you for your very insightful post. The people screaming the loudest that they’re not racist are probably the worst racists.

by Anonymousreply 268January 11, 2020 5:37 PM

See how r245 is using the classic white playbook of divide and rule to try and set black people against each other for his own gain. Never fails: house and field; 'pure' and 'mixed'; dark and light; African and New World; Hispanic and non-Hispanic; urban and rural ... all this diversity in black people is always fuelled and exploited by white racists.

by Anonymousreply 269January 11, 2020 5:54 PM

R269, writes the truth.

by Anonymousreply 270January 11, 2020 5:58 PM

You can guarantee there has never been ONE fucking thread attacking Prince William's white wife. But if she was black or blackish like Meghan, guaranteed the racist klansmen fraus and faguettes who think it is perfectly fine to attack someone for their race, would be out in droves. You fuckers are sick.

by Anonymousreply 271January 11, 2020 6:06 PM

Did you miss the word "supposedly," r197? Rather than argue that point endlessly with Racist Troll, I addressed the real issue- is a country entitled to exploit another? Preying on perceived weakness is what greedy nations do.

by Anonymousreply 272January 11, 2020 6:11 PM

A white racist weighs in:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 11, 2020 6:13 PM

The fact that there’s debate on how “white” or “black” she is and how “white” or “black” she acts is all you need To know about the racists on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 274January 11, 2020 6:13 PM

Obama is half white, yet somehow, all of the insults lobbed at him seemed to come in the form of making him "other" and not really American despite the fact that he and Trump pretty much have the same familial background in that both have a non-American born parent. The only difference? Obama's American side has been in the country LONGER, yet quelle surprise...Trump is seen as being "really American" between the two. I can't imagine why...

So the "half-white" nonsense racists pull to justify their blithering idiocy and frothing-at-the-mouth hate for this Markle woman is meaningless when we know you wouldn't react this insanely had she been fully white. The BRF are fucked up. Generations of fucked up...and you think this woman is the problem?

by Anonymousreply 275January 11, 2020 6:20 PM

My God! This thread has actually outdone all the Meghan threads in notoriety.

by Anonymousreply 276January 11, 2020 6:24 PM

Amen, r275.

by Anonymousreply 277January 11, 2020 6:25 PM

r263 she married into an institution with very defined roles and expectations. She's behaved like a diva celebrity the whole time. A white woman would get criticized for this as well.

by Anonymousreply 278January 11, 2020 6:27 PM

R278, you forget Diana went to the media after the divorce and pretty much said the family is fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 279January 11, 2020 6:30 PM

What is the equivalent comment like this one for a white celebrity diva?

November | May 6, 2019 at 5:42 pm | When someone in the royal household requests a “nappy” they wont know whether to grab a diaper or Prince Harry’s son.

by Anonymousreply 280January 11, 2020 6:31 PM

The BRF are over. Once Lizzie goes tits up, which cannot come soon enough, it will be King Chas and Camilla. Both are as ugly as fucking sin. Harry is right to ditch this sinking ship. Contrary to what all you racist fucking assholes think, Harry will be a lifer with Meghan. They will have more children, who will be whiter than Casper. Meanwhile all you wretched, vile, racist, unfuckable cunts will be alone till death.

by Anonymousreply 281January 11, 2020 6:31 PM

R278, we’re not talking about discussion of her role in the institution. Look at the posts in this thread-and many others—and you’ll see endless discussion/criticism of her blackness.

by Anonymousreply 282January 11, 2020 6:32 PM

The Africa is great troll couldn't name one single ssa african philosopher. Europe had plenty of philosophers during the Middle Ages, this fascinating period that anti-white people love to trash. If "Medieval" Africa was so fucking great, where are the great african philosophers and writers? Can you name one?

by Anonymousreply 283January 11, 2020 6:33 PM

Kate doesn’t act like a cunt, R271.

by Anonymousreply 284January 11, 2020 6:37 PM

If Africans are so fucking great, how come they didn't produce one single great painter, philosopher, scientist, writer or composer? They used to be so amazing and advanced in the Middle Ages, right? Who are the amazing and great influential medieval african philosophers?

by Anonymousreply 285January 11, 2020 6:39 PM

R285 - you've had your say and have asked the same question multiple times. Knock it off, will ya?

by Anonymousreply 286January 11, 2020 6:41 PM

Chaucer was black. Shakespeare was black. Bach was black. Every great artist was black. Africans achieved great things.

by Anonymousreply 287January 11, 2020 6:42 PM

There really is no other reason, OP. Racism in the family and in the British 'community' as a whole. Time for some introspection and honesty, Britain, and we know about that. It's painful to tear down the excuses and myths that hide truth.

I can see why she doesn't want to raise Archie there, but in a place that acknowledges their past mistakes and is trying to do better. Not her former home, but Canada.

No matter what her detractors assert, they're neither stupid or neophytes when it comes to the PR game and knew the optics of such a decision. They were up against some powerful forces, and from within the family. They had made it clear and still nothing. It is not a surprise at all to anyone who cared about them. To say otherwise, now, is disingenous and confirms everything from their POV.

There will be no return to Britain. Say goodbye to an opportunity, fellow racists, and maybe someday you'll get another chance to get it right. Maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 288January 11, 2020 6:44 PM

I have r285 blocked—incredibly racist poster, one of the worst I’ve seen. His three brain cells are devoted to racist posts—he has no idea how stupid he sounds. Everyone should block this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 289January 11, 2020 6:44 PM

Just admit it, Africa is not great and africans had little impact in the world. I know you have this crazy fantasy that Africa would be great and africans would be great scientists and artists if wasn't for colonization, but you have to admit that Africa is shithole because of africans, not because of europeans. Enough of excuses. You couldn't come up with one single african philosopher and scientist, for christ sake. Just admit it.

by Anonymousreply 290January 11, 2020 6:51 PM

NATURAL RESOURSES DON'T MAKE COUNTRIES GREAT. Stop with the excuses, Switzerland and Japan have no natural resourses and they are great. I'm tired of panafricanists playing the victim card endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 291January 11, 2020 6:54 PM

For our Eurocentric trolls.

Great rock art discoveries in Brazil indicate a similar finding.

With TS Eliot stealing from and not acknowledging the Upanishads and Picasso himself claiming that he could never achieve the pure expression of African artists, I wonder at the fools who see separation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 11, 2020 7:00 PM

Ok, where are the great african scientists and philosophers?

by Anonymousreply 293January 11, 2020 7:05 PM

I never said Europe was better. I admire and respect the culture of Asia. I just think SSA africans didn't achieve great things and I don't believe colonization is the reason for this. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 294January 11, 2020 7:11 PM

R284 fuck off, racist cunt. Kate is white so no way any of you white fascists would ever hate her.

by Anonymousreply 295January 11, 2020 7:18 PM

r294, who cares? like any of those supposedly impressive contributions have truly done shit to advance humanity in the scheme of things anyway. we live in a world where donald trump was elected president and where we are in grave danger of becoming extinct to climate change. and you crow about philosophy and art. like philosophy and art are going to save us. idiot.

by Anonymousreply 296January 11, 2020 7:23 PM

Do you really think science is irrelevant and of no importance? I can't understand why SJWs hate science so much.

by Anonymousreply 297January 11, 2020 7:30 PM

You guys are slipping. R285 is just a low-level intern sent to derail the thread.

by Anonymousreply 298January 11, 2020 7:34 PM

No they are a typical poster.

by Anonymousreply 299January 11, 2020 7:35 PM

Please Wallis Simpson was trashed, Margaret was trashed and now Meghan is being trashed. And Wallis and Margaret were not black. I mean you every thing is due to racism trolls want to believe nobody can achieve anything if they are a person of color. You hold this truism like a badge of honor.

by Anonymousreply 300January 11, 2020 7:49 PM

BEAT THAT STRAWMAN, R300. Yeah, that's it. Beat it TO DEATH then beat it some more.

(Pro tip: nobody here blames all the bad things on racism. Not the fucking point.)

by Anonymousreply 301January 11, 2020 8:01 PM

[quote] Please Wallis Simpson was trashed, Margaret was trashed and now Meghan is being trashed. And Wallis and Margaret were not black. I mean you every thing is due to racism trolls want to believe nobody can achieve anything if they are a person of color. You hold this truism like a badge of honor.

Yes unlike no other single thing on the planet, both the British and the American’s judgements, regarding Harry and Meghan are post racial. Whites have the ability to turn both their conscious and unconscious racism off. Who knew? And we should just ignore the overt racism posted here and elsewhere. It doesn’t mean what we know it does mean.

by Anonymousreply 302January 11, 2020 8:01 PM

[quote]Whites have the ability to turn both their conscious and unconscious racism off.

Except on DL.

by Anonymousreply 303January 11, 2020 10:18 PM

Well this thread has devolved into a pathetic mess, you're all trying to bitchslap each other, and missing because you're too hysterical or drunk to slap straight.

by Anonymousreply 304January 11, 2020 10:36 PM

All black Americans have white blood somewhere up the line, no one is going to call Obama a white man, come on!

by Anonymousreply 305January 11, 2020 11:48 PM

R305, all white Americans have black blood somewhere up the line. You too.

by Anonymousreply 306January 11, 2020 11:59 PM

Exactly, r306.

by Anonymousreply 307January 12, 2020 12:01 AM

[quote]Do you really think science is irrelevant and of no importance? I can't understand why SJWs hate science so much.

You sound dumb as fuck for someone who claims to admire intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 308January 12, 2020 12:15 AM

Here's what I don't get. I know there are racists working at the Palace on staff. Nasty people who resent Meghan for being Black and for ,being an American almost equally. And of course she is also a divorcee. So these people who would probably describe themselves as "traditionalists" or "Conservatives" about the monarchy would be impossible to appease. They are stuck in the 40's. I'm sure they would sabotage, or misinform, or leak stuff and stir up shit and division. I can even imagine some of the RF acting asinine. Like Andrew and the Kents and a few others. And I can imagine some of Harry's social circle would also be unkind. But OTOH, you have Charles who is a loving father and did all he could to support Harry and Meghan. And I can't see Zara Tindall and other cousins being ugly. Neither Edward and Sophie. So yes, there were microaggressions, and there were some who were cold toward Meghan, but I think Harry and Meghan had friends and allies ,and Meghan seems to be burning bridges instead of helping Harry build them. Once people get married things change. People related to them differently. ADding in the race element and the royal family being public figures and it requires everyone to work harder to strengthen things. I have to wonder what triggered this. Something had to trigger this. It wasn't just the tabloids. It had to be that not nearly enough was done within the Palace, to defend and protect Harry and Meghan instead actually feeding the coverage and using them to deflect from Andrew. And rationalizing this all in the interest of supporting the Queen. I have to blame the"advisors" and the staff. I'd fire the whole lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 309January 12, 2020 12:25 AM

You can’t deny the rift between Harry and William; also, Meghan and Catherine just didn’t take to each other. Only Charles has appeared wholeheartedly welcoming and accommodating of Meghan and her mother. Camilla seemed to be team Kate at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 310January 12, 2020 12:43 AM

Why is it that white racists must mention the accomplishments of others as if they themselves had anything to do with it? Bitch, your top layer of epidermis didn't make you any less of a useless motherfucker since you're not inventing shit yourself, that's why you have to constantly mention *others* who are actually inventors.

You've created nothing but the delusion that you somehow get credit for what others who have absolutely no connection to you have actually invented/discovered/created.

by Anonymousreply 311January 12, 2020 1:08 AM

[quote]r278 she married into an institution with very defined roles and expectations.

Rather, she married a man she loved. He's connected to an institution that didn't welcome her, and so she now doesn't want to spend all her time among them.

Neither does he, for additional reasons. This makes them a united front, and a good match.

People are reacting as if the pair placed a bomb under the Queen's throne. All they did was step back and say they weren't going to be full time royals living full time in the U.K. They're happy to represent her elsewhere part time, if Her Majesty likes. Which is perfectly reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 312January 12, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]Rather, she married a man she loved. He's connected to an institution that didn't welcome her, and so she now doesn't want to spend all her time among them.

That institution is HIS LIFE. It's not like a family business that you'd rather not work for.

[quote]They're happy to represent her elsewhere part time, if Her Majesty likes. Which is perfectly reasonable.

Again, this is the Monarchy. You don't negotiate shit like a Hollywood agent. There are very defined roles and rules.

by Anonymousreply 313January 12, 2020 1:21 AM

R309, once William declared Meghan the enemy no one was going to side with her though I do believe Charles was sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 314January 12, 2020 1:31 AM

R153 Jazz is up there as some of the greatest music ever recorded wholly invented by black people. All pop and rock music came from black people. Also blues. Having said that, Megan's problem isn't racism it is narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 315January 12, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote]r313 That institution is HIS LIFE. It's not like a family business that you'd rather not work for.

Interesting that Prince Harry disagrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 316January 12, 2020 1:39 AM

It doesn't matter what Prince Harry agrees with or not.

by Anonymousreply 317January 12, 2020 1:42 AM

It seems it does or they would not have these meetings.

by Anonymousreply 318January 12, 2020 1:46 AM

Prince Harry will still do things his way, he's dumb and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 319January 12, 2020 1:51 AM

Or ... just living in the 21st Century.

by Anonymousreply 320January 12, 2020 2:04 AM

We don’t know anything about them or their families, so please hold your judgements.

by Anonymousreply 321January 12, 2020 2:19 AM

[quote]r321 We don’t know anything about them or their families, so please hold your judgements.

I would argue we know [italic]quite a bit[/italic] about one of the most publicized families in the world.

by Anonymousreply 322January 12, 2020 2:28 AM

The really sad thing is that all the black people who look up to Meghan? She wouldn’t spit on them if they were on fire. She thinks she’s better than all of them.

by Anonymousreply 323January 12, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote]Jazz is up there as some of the greatest music ever recorded wholly invented by black people. All pop and rock music came from black people. Also blues. Having said that, Megan's problem isn't racism it is narcissism.

No you're wrong about that.

Jazz was a collaboration.

The musical scale used is western. The instruments used are largely of European invention: the piano, the sax, trumpet etc. The methods that allowed the music to reach an audience are European/American inventions: radio, photograph, recording studios etc. Many of the great jazz and blues songs were written by blacks, by whites or collaborations between the two. Jazz came out of Ragtime. Ragtime came out of marching music.

by Anonymousreply 324January 12, 2020 2:47 AM

[quote]All pop and rock music came from black people.

No not true at all.

by Anonymousreply 325January 12, 2020 2:50 AM

.R323 the sadder thing is that most rich black people would not spit on the average black person on fire. It is complicated.

by Anonymousreply 326January 12, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote] That institution is HIS LIFE. It's not like a family business that you'd rather not work for. Again, this is the Monarchy. You don't negotiate shit like a Hollywood agent. There are very defined roles and rules.

Yes the Queen shouldn't have to be "going through" her 30 something yr old grandson working to build a happy fulfilling independent life for himself and his family. Harry should devote his life to making her and the antiquated monarchy happy. He does not deserve to have a happy life for himself. His life should be dictated by the queen, the media and all of the people who complain about the taxes the believe go to the monarchy. He should spend his life traveling from one miserable ribbon cutting ceremony to the next, smiling for the camera. Regardless of how miserable he is. The bullshit antiquated royal monarchy, created a thousand yrs ago, the result of contests in thuggery is what really matters. God ordained this foolishness!

Again. life is much too short to live just to please other people. No one should live their life just to please their parents, grandparents, much less weirdo strangers. There are so many miserable people in this world who can't figure out their own lives. Yet those same miserable people want to dictate what others should do. Good luck to these two.

by Anonymousreply 327January 12, 2020 3:22 AM

In the list of Harry and Meghan's biggest mistakes, asking people to feel sorry for them has got to be in the top five.

You're rich and famous and royal and good-looking and have easy well-paid jobs for life if you want them, you cunts! So what if not everyone in the world is failing to kiss your ass, not even the Queen herself has everyone in the world kissing her ass, she's spent her whole life dealing with anti-monarchists and criticism of every dowdy thing she's ever worn. She's known better than to whine in public, or to think she can do a better job of handling the media than the Palace professionals.

by Anonymousreply 328January 12, 2020 3:24 AM

"So yes, there were microaggressions..."

Also known as common or garden variety expressions of dislike.

And it's not like she's been all that likable behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 329January 12, 2020 3:25 AM

[quote] .R323 the sadder thing is that most rich black people would not spit on the average black person on fire. It is complicate

The sadder and uncomplicated thing is that you insist of posting such utter nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 330January 12, 2020 3:26 AM

R266, I love you

by Anonymousreply 331January 12, 2020 3:32 AM

R271, indeed

by Anonymousreply 332January 12, 2020 3:36 AM

[quote] Jazz was a collaboration.

Copying and stealing does not = "collaboration"

[quote] The musical scale used is western. The instruments used are largely of European invention: the piano, the sax, trumpet etc. The methods that allowed the music to reach an audience are European/American inventions: radio, photograph, recording studios etc.

Right so being that drums and guitar are African creations, all music that features them was created by black people.

by Anonymousreply 333January 12, 2020 3:40 AM

R273, I suspect this poor 'misguided' man actually thinks that being called black is a slur — in the 21st century

by Anonymousreply 334January 12, 2020 3:42 AM

R284, but you do. Get off this thread, you have spouted enough vile nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 335January 12, 2020 3:46 AM

R285, google is your friend...here is the link.

Because you don't know them, it does not mean they don't exist, but warning you do need to be of above average intelligence to get it. I suspect you are not going to be able to cut it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336January 12, 2020 3:51 AM

I’ll repeat it—block r285 and ignore the troll. He’s off the deep end into Klan territory.

by Anonymousreply 337January 12, 2020 3:56 AM

I glanced quickly at this and thought it said “Black Bottoms Know Why Meghan Wants Out”

by Anonymousreply 338January 12, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote]Yes the Queen shouldn't have to be "going through" her 30 something yr old grandson working to build a happy fulfilling independent life for himself and his family. Harry should devote his life to making her and the antiquated monarchy happy. He does not deserve to have a happy life for himself.

What he and Meghan want are to be globe-trotting celebrities who live like billionaires, nothing more. Hardly a noble endeavor. Neither one of them would piss on you if you were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 339January 12, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote]r327 Yes the Queen shouldn't have to be "going through" her 30 something yr old grandson working to build a happy fulfilling independent life for himself and his family. Harry should devote his life to making her and the antiquated monarchy happy.

Haha! And the mystifying thing about some pushing "duty" down everyone's throats is, just last week they were deriding Harry and Meghan for being 7th in line, or whatever ... negligible upstarts reaching beyond their station.

If the pair are so unimportant, these posters should just let them go their own way, without the current screeching and fuss.

by Anonymousreply 340January 12, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote]Right so being that drums and guitar are African creations, all music that features them was created by black people.

No drums actually originated in Asia, however the modern drum kit is an American invention. The guitar originated in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 341January 12, 2020 4:17 AM

[quote] No drums actually originated in Asia, however the modern drum kit is an American invention. The guitar originated in Europe.

Actually no, they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 342January 12, 2020 4:24 AM

R306 are you fucking retarded? Americans have always been 100% racist. Probably 95% of whites in history would never consider fucking a black. There is no fucking way most Americans have some black in them. Even now huge chunks of America would never breed black due to their racist ideals. I have a friend who is Portugese. She admits her family are still very racist. I asked her if she would have ever had a black husband. She said no way they'd have disowned her. So for her white is the only acceptable color. Even after Labor day.

by Anonymousreply 343January 12, 2020 7:57 AM

R343 knows that she and every other racist/racism shrieking poster on this thread are just as racist (and BIGOTED!) as those they accuse/condemn.

by Anonymousreply 344January 12, 2020 8:16 AM

Please take a DNA test r343 and discover what your racist antebellum ancestors got up to. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 345January 12, 2020 8:59 AM

R249 and your ilk: I can't speak for the Brits, but I don't even see "Black" when I view the freckled and seemingly tanned visage of MM. It's not like she has typical A-A features. Racism is a stupid crutch in this case.

Moreover, to care about her race is to care about Harry's choice of bride, and really, who cares? He is irrelevant, his offspring will be more irrelevant, and thus MM is nothing and no one about whom to care. Gossip, perhaps, but idly so.

Not in the same league as discussions of the Duke of York and his probable crimes.

Harry and Meghan perhaps will become wealthy celebrities. But their lives henceforth will put the lie to their claims of seeking privacy, for they will need to continually "circulate" to make that money, selling photos not to "Hello" but to the "National Enquirer."

If Harry emigrates, the UK will not welcome him back should he decide to become the Prodigal Son. He will have abandoned his charities there, the Invictus Games, any visible support of the reigning monarch, and in general the British Way of Life.

by Anonymousreply 346January 12, 2020 12:19 PM

Megan Markle married a man who dressed as a nazi, referred to a fellow soldier as a ‘paki’ and told a black comedian that he didn’t ‘sound black’. She’s also resident in a country whose Prime Minister did blackface on more than one occasion.

But then she did grow up in America, a country well known to be free of racism.

by Anonymousreply 347January 12, 2020 12:26 PM

Muriel needs to purge DL of all the grim Klanners who have been abusing Meghan and others on here for years.

by Anonymousreply 348January 12, 2020 12:32 PM

[quote]Muriel needs to purge DL of all the scolds and thread gestapo who have been abusing posters and others on here for years.

Reality.

by Anonymousreply 349January 12, 2020 12:36 PM

R301 and R302 you're the ones who are full of shit. Blaming every single fucking thing on the planet on racism. Racism so obsesses you to the point that you're practically fucking and giving blow jobs to your strawman. It's Racism It's Racism!! Meghan is ONLY being criticized because she's biracial!!

by Anonymousreply 350January 12, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote]Again, this is the Monarchy. You don't negotiate shit like a Hollywood agent. There are very defined roles and rules.

What a naive shit you are. Of course they negotiate no differently than some Hollywood shark. How do you think that whole Andrew interview debacle happened? Whomever represents them, advised it. The monarchy IS showbiz at this point. A tourist attraction and to maintain a good public image, you need "agents" to help with all of the nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 351January 12, 2020 1:58 PM

You can't criticize Megs because she's a person of color but you can read Harry to filth which people have been taking great delight in for years with Nazi displays, hunting slaughters, naked romps in Las Vegas at the British taxpayer's expense, and a carbon footprint the size of Brazil because he's white.

by Anonymousreply 352January 12, 2020 2:25 PM

I have friends in the UK. When Obama was president they would say "I don't like that Obama or his shit wife." I asked the why and they just looked at me. When Harry and Megan got married I asked first if the brits like Kate and she gushed OOH we love her. I said what about Meghan and they gave me that same look and said we don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 353January 12, 2020 2:48 PM

Some friends, R353...

by Anonymousreply 354January 12, 2020 3:46 PM

I find it amusing that the article forbears to mention that Meghan only marries white (she's on her second white husband), most of her close friends are white, she owes her new A-list celebrity to marrying into a white family, and she's been straightening her hair for twenty years to look less African (her hair is naturally African textured).

Black Britons know that as long as they can throw the race card around, Meghan will be held completely unaccountable for her own personality flaws. Because, as we all know, one drop of black blood confers immunity from narcissism, selfishness, own goals, bad hair, appalling taste in clothes, self-absorption, and acting in bad faith.

She's a hustling connivinb cunt, and if she were all white instead of half white, but had behaved in exactly the same way to friends, family, husbands, etc., no one, but NO ONE, of any racial persuasion, would be defending her actions, or pretending that her bad press was anything but deserved, or asserting that she was being "driven" out.

The hypocrisy is mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 355January 12, 2020 7:00 PM

R353 - Spare us. I have family and friends in the UK, an a hybrid Yank/Brits, lived for years in both places, and not one of my British family or friends gave a flying fuck one way or the other about Kate OR Meghan. Most Brits don't wake up in the morning thinking about the Windsors. When Archie was born, a group of white biddies were on the telly popping champagne corks outside where they supposed they'd get a glimpse of the kid.

London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Bradford, Nottingham, Cardiff . . .these are hugely diverse places and have been for years.

It was Meghan's persona, as noted above with "hustler" written all over it, that people caught on to quickly, not her barely noticeable black DNA.

Ffs, she couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge her good fortuner by asking a British designer to do her wedding dress, never mind wave taking the baby baby home or announcing the godparents.

She missed lots of opportunities to reach out to the general public with the kinds of tiresome but easy gestures that Kate grits her teeth and does with a smile.

Meghan acted in bad faith from the beginning. She doesn't like being told what to do and didn't like being "second" and she betrayed her duties whilst on the tour in Africa, which was done at the behest of the British government, not the Queen, and basically made it clear she was in it to create a brand and then leave with it.

It ain't Meghan's DNA that's obnoxious: it's her.

by Anonymousreply 356January 12, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote] She doesn't like being told what to do and didn't like being "second"

Most adults with brains don’t. As a matter of fact most children don’t really enjoy it.

Nor do most people with brains enjoy living their one short life for anonymous strangers who will never be pleased. No matter what you may do. Due in large part to the fact that most people are absolutely miserable. Which these threads illustrate. Misery of course loves company. How dare anyone purse happiness.

by Anonymousreply 357January 12, 2020 7:24 PM

Pursue

by Anonymousreply 358January 12, 2020 7:24 PM

R353, I was working for a company in London that was close to Regent Street — very central — and when Obama won a second term it was like a funeral. Such was the sadness and before you say that it could have been for any other reason, I actually asked them and they rolled their eyes and made no comment lol.

by Anonymousreply 359January 12, 2020 8:08 PM

[quote] London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Bradford, Nottingham, Cardiff . . .these are hugely diverse places and have been for years.

R356, stop trying to gloss over issues: Police's 'Stop and search' of young black men, the Stephen Lawrence enquiry, the Windrush scandal in which people of Afro-Caribbean descent who have lived in Britain all their lives are being deported willy-nilly from the country, the deaths of Afro-Caribbean citizens in police custody for no apparent reason, your recently elected PM referring to black people as 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles' and the list goes on and on and on. Please stop pretending there are no severe race issues in the UK....

by Anonymousreply 360January 12, 2020 8:19 PM

As a Brit can I please tell you that most of us do not give a dam if Harry and Megan stay or go. The fire storm in the press is frankly pathetic and we belive whipped up by supporters of the Royal Family Fantasy who tell us everyday how much we love them and how much they do for Britain. Most Brits frankly dont give a dam and belive when the Queen dies that there will be major changes long overdue in the way the monachy is set up in the Uk. The Queen with out a doubt works hard, as for the rest of them...who cares? Belive me most Brits live in the real world and not in the Buckingham Palace Fantasy presented to us all.

by Anonymousreply 361January 12, 2020 9:13 PM

No on cares about Afro-Caribbans. It's the Muslims they need to stop and search....and toss out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 362January 13, 2020 12:30 AM

^No one

by Anonymousreply 363January 13, 2020 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!