Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Will & Grace' returning from hiatus

Anyone else enjoyed the sixth episode which aired last night? I thought it was one of the funniest episodes of the show. Brilliant jokes and some of the naughtiest language yet.

AnneCon, Judith Light bathhouse joke... it's all there. Loved it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 22, 2020 5:25 AM

I thought everybody's timing seem weirdly off last night. This has been one strain season. It's no surprise there shelving this Misguided reboot

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2020 11:29 AM

Loved the Judith Light joke. I must admit I had no idea that was Demi Lovato. When did she pack on the pounds?

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2020 12:05 PM

And Seth Rudetsky!

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2020 12:09 PM

First episode of the revival I rewatched. I also had no idea that was Lovato. She was pretty decent.

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2020 12:11 PM

I thought it was hilarious. I didn't see the cast. Who played the ex-Annie with the spectacular voice? Was that Allison Smith? She really is an ex-Broadway Annie if it's her.

Looks like they are maybe setting Karen off to be lovers with the wheelchair guy?

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2020 12:12 PM

Yup, Allison Smith.

[quote]Allison Smith's career started on Broadway at the age of nine, in the original production of "Evita", quickly followed by her landing the title role of "Annie" on Broadway in the musical "Annie" at the age of ten. She was the longest-running and youngest star of a Broadway musical at that time, playing the role for over 1,000 performances; nearly 3 years.

Had no idea Christopher Thornton was actually in a wheelchair in real life, but of course they wouldn't cast someone to pretend in this day and age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2020 12:20 PM

[quote] It's no surprise there shelving this Misguided reboot

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2020 12:47 PM

[quote] Had no idea Christopher Thornton was actually in a wheelchair in real life, but of course they wouldn't cast someone to pretend in this day and age.

He’s right you know.

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2020 12:48 PM

Christopher Thornton must have enjoyed the fact that Megan did a good two or three minutes on how huge his dick was.

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2020 12:52 PM

I thought it was a very good episode too, best so far this season....felt like old school W&G

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2020 12:56 PM

Yeah, when Karen said "Bloody, Mary" it felt like watching the original run again. I'm basically just watching for those little flashes at this point, which is enough for me as I don't watch any other sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2020 1:00 PM

Demi Lofato

by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2020 1:02 PM

Am I the only one who remembers the sitcom “The New Normal” about a gay couple and their surrogate...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2020 11:13 PM

r13 I enjoyed that one a lot. Shame no one watched it.

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2020 11:51 PM

R14 Seems like W&G is adopting a failed sitcom’s premise for its last gasp. So weird.

by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2020 11:52 PM

Enh, I don't mind. Let them educate the straight audiences about what goes into gay surrogacy. I'm not that familiar with the process myself and I found this episode really humanised it in a way.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2020 12:49 AM

Final episode: Molly Shannon should kill them all, then commit suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2020 1:55 AM

Oh, gods, Molly Shannon. That reminds me... when is The Other Two coming back?

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2020 1:59 AM

I think they should never have brought back the show it's just a sad reminder what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 19January 12, 2020 7:10 PM

It started off well, the reboot, then it went downhill as it became increasingly serialized.

by Anonymousreply 20January 12, 2020 7:12 PM

I think they should have had the four of them interact together more it seems so disjointed. Like two separate shows. Lucille Ball would never have approved of this. Fred and Ethel never got separate storylines where they didn't interact with Ricky and Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 21January 12, 2020 7:33 PM

In the early episodes of the reboot it was like that. But as the reboot has worn on there must be increasing tension behind the scenes, which is why they're split up.

Let's be honest though: Megan is the real star, the Lucy.

by Anonymousreply 22January 12, 2020 7:36 PM

That most recent episode was awful, mostly unfunny. Old jokes, tired situations. What happened to Jack's new husband, "Estefan," Brian Jordan Alvarez. He and Jack were hilarious together. Up'd the games of the rest as well. Felt fresh and fun. That last episode was a snore. Surrogates...ugh.

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2020 7:45 PM

I thought the opening scene with all 4 of them in Will’s apartment was off. Karen sitting way over on the couch while the rest of them were in the dining/kitchen area. Weird framing to get Karen into some of the shots. It didn’t look green screened but I wondered if they filmed Megan separately from the others and composited the shots in post.

I liked the Annie stuff but I have no interest in Will’s baby plans (I thought they dropped that story when he broke up with Bomer anyway.) And wheelchair guy and Karen have zero chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 24January 12, 2020 7:57 PM

Oh, I thought wheelchair guy and Karen had a nice chemistry. I liked them together.

by Anonymousreply 25January 12, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote]Let's be honest though: Megan is the real star, the Lucy.

Possibly, but she needs both Eric McCormack and Sean Hayes, and even Deb Messing, to work. Karen doesn't work on her own, she needs the leavening of those other characters.

by Anonymousreply 26January 12, 2020 8:04 PM

Karen is still very funny and Will still has what I think is the ideal physique for wearing sweaters, the one I wish I had. That’s about all I can appreciate about the show nowadays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 12, 2020 8:06 PM

They could have brought back Beverly Leslie if they really wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote]I thought the opening scene with all 4 of them in Will’s apartment was off. Karen sitting way over on the couch while the rest of them were in the dining/kitchen area. Weird framing to get Karen into some of the shots. It didn’t look green screened but I wondered if they filmed Megan separately from the others and composited the shots in post.

That's a classic Will & Grace shot - Karen rarely joined them at the table for breakfast in the past either. The implication being that she doesn't eat poor people food...

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2020 8:58 PM

I can't stand BJA's character, so any episode he isn't in already scores higher marks from me. And I love when they get paired off - that was done constantly in the old show as well. Will + Karen, and Grace + Jack together is my favourite combination. Two great jokes among many in this episode:

[quote]It wasn't Sarah Jessica Parker, it was just a ladder.

[quote]Think how much skin cancer is in this room.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2020 9:06 PM

The episode with the Grief Panda was my favorite this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2020 9:09 PM

Poor Beverly Leslie.

by Anonymousreply 32January 12, 2020 9:10 PM

r31 The Grief Panda episode was a good one, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 33January 12, 2020 9:12 PM

Is Will straight yet?

Are he and Grace having a baby together?

by Anonymousreply 34January 12, 2020 9:18 PM

I'm still so sad that W&G will be leaving us at the end of this season. I wasn't crazy about the most recent episode, but it's still a very funny show and well-written and well-acted. It's great, and the only one I watch. I love the cast.

by Anonymousreply 35January 12, 2020 11:04 PM

I'm also sad. Fuck the petty offscreen drama. I can almost feel myself being transported to pre-Trumpian days when I'm watching it, so thanks for taking this comfort food away from me. 😩

by Anonymousreply 36January 12, 2020 11:11 PM

The cast is hilarious thanks to such brilliant writing. I love the show. It's such a treat to hear some very funny, clever line and huge treat to see Karen Walker each week. W&G is still one of the best shows on television.

by Anonymousreply 37January 12, 2020 11:14 PM

I want a Karen spin off. Have her managing the baseball team and dating Alec Baldwin. Give her a couple of sidekicks and an antagonist.

by Anonymousreply 38January 12, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote]They could have brought back Beverly Leslie if they really wanted to.

They did. He appeared in two episodes in the first of the reboot seasons.

by Anonymousreply 39January 12, 2020 11:18 PM

I don't know how I missed seeing the Keebler Elf.

by Anonymousreply 40January 12, 2020 11:26 PM

This is the funniest episode of the reboot. Grace took a massive dump and even the plumber can't get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 41January 17, 2020 1:17 AM

With the start/stop I kinda forgot about this show. Factor in the drama, not interested.

by Anonymousreply 42January 17, 2020 1:24 AM

No Karen in this episode. Must have been a rough shoot.

by Anonymousreply 43January 17, 2020 1:25 AM

Why did they make Grace pregnant? It seems like she doesn't choose give two craps about this baby. She fell over the couch on her stomach and wasn't even the least bit concerned it might have hurt the baby.

by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2020 1:33 AM

Eric looks so old now.

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2020 1:51 AM

They didn't even bother to mention Karen's name. They must have really been mad at her.

by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2020 2:03 AM

Is Meg a Republican now?

by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2020 2:06 AM

I guess Grace is s*** doesn't stink because they didn't mention how it smelled.

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2020 2:38 AM

Such a pile of shit show. Throw it in a grease fire NOW.

by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2020 7:51 AM

I thought last night's episode was a real low. I can enjoy a good poo joke, but this was just juvenile. And the plotline just demonstrated how unfunny it is to have middle-aged people (Grace and Jack) never mature a bit over the years. They remain as self-centered as ever and such people are just boring and somewhat embarrassing in real life. When they were meant to be in their early 30s, the struggle towards maturity had a certain kind of amusement to it, as people that age can be going through an "awkward" stage--when they are pushing 50, they are who they are going to be. And Will is not going to be much of a father, either. The best acting came from the plumber (who did so much with very little) and Jack's husband who, while the Ricky Ricardo language mangling gets old, is sweet and funny. I won't be sorry when the show closes up. I don't want to see them in assisted living. Of course, Will would pay for that, too.

by Anonymousreply 50January 17, 2020 2:41 PM

What happened to the plot of Will & Grace working together at her interior decorating business? How come they haven't brought back the plot of Grace's father being married to Will's mother? That could have been funny.

How does Wilma make so much money he can afford both his and Jack's lifestyle? Not to mention Grace's.

Jack is also supported by Karen and his mother too. What a leech what a Charming leech. 😉

by Anonymousreply 51January 17, 2020 3:18 PM

The absence of Karen in last night's episode was very obvious. Comedically, she's a core member of that cast. However, if she's become a raging trumper, then I'm okay not seeing her on the show.

by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2020 3:52 PM

Megan has not become a raging Trumper, r52. Where do you get that shit? She may have become a nasty bitch, but she is definitely NOT a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2020 6:04 PM

R53 Not R52 but I think Meg is married to a Republican and because she’s so silent on Trump people have wondered if she’s become one too.

by Anonymousreply 54January 17, 2020 6:09 PM

Isn't her husband more of a libertarian?

by Anonymousreply 55January 17, 2020 6:11 PM

Yeah, Nick Offerman is SUCH a Trumper... Gee, do you people read some BS and then repeat it as a mantra?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 17, 2020 6:12 PM

Such a libertarian bro...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2020 6:15 PM

R52 says [quote] However, IF she's become a raging trumper, then I'm okay not seeing her on the show.

* IF *

I know it's easy to skip over words when you're screaming in hysterics, but each word does matter.

BTW, that assertion was here on DL, which is why I wrote *IF*.

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2020 6:36 PM

But why would a liberal gay ally become a raging Trumper all of a sudden?

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2020 6:40 PM

I'm surprised Twitter hasn't taken them apart for the Indian call centre worker.

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2020 6:42 PM

^^IKR?

by Anonymousreply 61January 17, 2020 6:42 PM

Roseanne was always off her tits. Megan isn't Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 62January 17, 2020 6:44 PM

Let me tell you about Deb Messing.

by Anonymousreply 63January 18, 2020 2:15 AM

The original 6 seasons are comedy gold. They went heavy with celeb cameos season 7/8 which was awful but Will/Vince and Grace/Leo (as actors) had chemistry and made it work. Decent finale. They bring it back and Vince is now marrying a black guy (for diversity) Karen is dating a tranny and whatever else they fucking did to ruin this show. Some things are better off left alone.

by Anonymousreply 64January 18, 2020 4:06 AM

R37 must be a parody post.

The writing has been terrible -- obvious, tired, sophomoric -- and the laugh track has to do most of the work...

by Anonymousreply 65January 18, 2020 4:17 AM

I have like most of this reboot, all three seasons. But when there are clunkers, they are REAL clunkers, and last night's was the worst W&G I've ever seen. What idiot came up with that idea and thought it was good? If I were Deb Messing, I'd have refused to do it.

by Anonymousreply 66January 18, 2020 6:36 AM

[quote]They bring it back and Vince is now marrying a black guy (for diversity)

What makes you think it was "for diversity"? Can't someone cast a black person now without some racist queen shouting "QUOTA!! For diversity!"

by Anonymousreply 67January 18, 2020 6:37 AM

Eric McCormack looks sad most of the time. No spark.

by Anonymousreply 68January 18, 2020 3:22 PM

The poop thing was such a disgusting turnoff. I’m legitimately appalled that this is what a primetime network sitcom has to give us. Friends didn’t even sink that low.

by Anonymousreply 69January 18, 2020 3:25 PM

They could have come up with another scenario without involving the excessive excrement of a pregnant woman. It was disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 70January 18, 2020 5:05 PM

The poop problem wasn't that she is pregnant, but that she inhaled a Mexican taco bowl before her date so she could eat lightly with the guy.

by Anonymousreply 71January 19, 2020 2:55 AM

[quote] The poop problem wasn't that she is pregnant, but that she inhaled a Mexican taco bowl before her date so she could eat lightly with the guy.

#NewbieBottomProblems

by Anonymousreply 72January 19, 2020 2:56 AM

Does anybody have any inside scoop about whether Grace actually has the baby she's pregnant with? Or she going to have a miscarriage and just raise Will's test tube baby as her own.

by Anonymousreply 73January 19, 2020 3:25 AM

However the plot goes they better hurry it up, because there aren't very many episodes left

by Anonymousreply 74January 19, 2020 3:26 AM

Maybe the last three seasons were all a dream and they go back to the original ending?

by Anonymousreply 75January 19, 2020 3:27 AM

R54 it's fun to make stuff up, huh? Have you seen her Twitter? She HATES Trump.

by Anonymousreply 76January 19, 2020 3:33 AM

Jack's husband is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 77January 19, 2020 4:20 PM

It’s going to turn out that her giant bowel obstruction was misdiagnosed as a fetus and that she was never pregnant because, duh, she’s half a century old and accidental pregnancies don’t happen in old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 78January 19, 2020 5:13 PM

That's not what a bowel obstruction is.

by Anonymousreply 79January 19, 2020 8:10 PM

R79 You want to add logic to the show after all these years?

by Anonymousreply 80January 19, 2020 8:52 PM

Maybe it's a hysterical pregnancy?

by Anonymousreply 81January 19, 2020 8:57 PM

Maybe it’s a historical pregnancy and John Meecham is the father.

by Anonymousreply 82January 19, 2020 9:22 PM

Maybe the father is the guy who raped her in it when she was a teenager? It wouldn't be that much of a stretch for this show.

by Anonymousreply 83January 19, 2020 10:16 PM

Maybe the father is the guy who raped her in it when she was a teenager, and it turn out Karen paid the guy to do it because she saw teen Grace one day and didn’t like what Grace was wearing. And Karen showed up to Grace’s office all those years ago to continue the torment, and arranged for the man to come back and impregnate her just so Karen can tell Grace’s child when it’s a teenager that Karen paid the father to rape Grace when she was its age. Cue laugh track. And then a poo joke and then a Jew joke, and then a gay joke and then credits roll.

by Anonymousreply 84January 19, 2020 10:21 PM

Friends had a monkey, R69. That will ALWAYS be worse.

by Anonymousreply 85January 19, 2020 10:24 PM

Maybe Karen hired Beverly Leslie to slip her a Mickey and then he inserted into his Keebler Elf seed into her while she was tramping around in Europe yeah that could have happened!

by Anonymousreply 86January 19, 2020 10:27 PM

Isn't it more likely she's not pregnant and it's the menopause?

by Anonymousreply 87January 19, 2020 10:34 PM

[quote]Eric McCormack looks sad most of the time. No spark.

He's fucking hungry.

by Anonymousreply 88January 19, 2020 10:37 PM

Is Hungry a new twink on the show?

by Anonymousreply 89January 19, 2020 10:40 PM

Eric is a cutie

by Anonymousreply 90January 19, 2020 10:46 PM

I think Eric looks really great at 56. He doesn’t look old-old, but he looks aged. He doesn’t look at all like he had disfiguring procedures to try to stay young looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 19, 2020 10:50 PM

Debra looks great for her age, too, even if in this photo she looks like a hybrid of Connie Britton and Marie Osmond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 19, 2020 10:52 PM

Why wasn't Blind Gossip all over this mess?

by Anonymousreply 93January 19, 2020 11:15 PM

We just watched an episode about Grace taking a giant shit at her boyfriend's house.

Megan Mullally was not in this episode. She chose wisely.

by Anonymousreply 94January 22, 2020 12:11 AM

Not the biggest fan of scatological humour, but I thought it was well done here. How is Will paying for Jack's Lasik surgery and how is Jack's husband fine with that? So bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 95January 22, 2020 12:38 AM

Will should be angrier at being used for money. I’ve had friends like him. At least now people don’t pretend that they will ever pay you back. They do their panhandling on line and ask for donations outright. I’m so tired of friends who constantly post GoFundMe or their PayPal info on social media begging for money. We are not here to bail you out of your chronic laziness and bad planning.

by Anonymousreply 96January 22, 2020 12:43 AM

Where is the tribute to "I Love Lucy" episode that was taped weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 97January 22, 2020 12:54 AM

R97 I’d like to know as well.

by Anonymousreply 98January 22, 2020 1:48 AM

In the new version Grace gets trapped in a wine vat full of poop instead of grapes. Hilarity ensues!

The subplot. Jack convinces will to buy him a pony cuz he never got one as a child. Poignant stuff.

by Anonymousreply 99January 22, 2020 2:25 AM

February sweeps?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 22, 2020 2:40 AM

That ARE doing the grape stomping scene, but Megan is the one that plays Lucy in it. There are three sequences, Grace-as-Lucy doing Vitameatavegamin, Jack-as-Lucy doing the candy factory, & Karen-as-Lucy doing the grape stomping.

by Anonymousreply 101January 22, 2020 6:42 AM

The triumph of the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 102January 22, 2020 11:14 AM

There have been moments throughout these 3 seasons where some of the old magic crept in, but this season has just seemed sad. If I didn't know there was off-set tension, I'd have suspected something was up, particularly with how Megan's scenes with anyone else have been limited. You can tell Jack and Karen are over.

by Anonymousreply 103January 22, 2020 11:19 AM

R101, Lucie Arnaz does a cameo as the candy factory supervisor.

"Speed it up a little!"

by Anonymousreply 104January 22, 2020 2:36 PM

They should have used Lucie in all the sequences. She could have also been the woman in the grape tub with Lucy, and she could have been in drag at the tv director for Vitameatavegamin.

by Anonymousreply 105January 22, 2020 7:58 PM

I wish Beverly Leslie had come back more often. He and Karen are very funny.

I still like the show and I'm sad it's ending. The cast is funny with great chemistry still.

by Anonymousreply 106January 22, 2020 8:58 PM

Why wait till the end of the freaking run for Will & Grace to have their babies? The King of Queens ended the same way. Why can't we see these people as parents? What's so wrong with that concept?

by Anonymousreply 107January 22, 2020 9:22 PM

Have you ever watched TV in the last 60 years? Babies are a drag on storytelling especially for an adult-oriented show like W&G.

by Anonymousreply 108January 22, 2020 9:26 PM

I agree with Karen in a previous episode when she learned Grace was pregnant. Karen shrieked, "We don't do kids!"

I love the show, always have, but i too wish they didn't do kids.

by Anonymousreply 109January 22, 2020 9:36 PM

[quote] Why can't we see these people as parents? What's so wrong with that concept?

Oh, honey... no.

Have you ever watched the show?? Those two are prime examples in an argument for forcible sterilization. Showing them trying to parent would be tantamount to showing a snuff movie on network television.

by Anonymousreply 110January 22, 2020 9:36 PM

We don't know how it would turn out because they've never shown it on that show. It's like they like to dip their toes into the water but it's too cold and they take them out of the water because they're afraid their toes are going to freeze.

I want to see will cradle his baby he has so long for. I know, Mary!

Grace on the other hand has the maternal instincts of a gnat so I don't reallycare about her. She doesn't seem to be taking her growing baby very seriously based on the latest episodes. She doesn't even know who the freaking father is. Tramp!

by Anonymousreply 111January 22, 2020 9:43 PM

They are not going to end up with children. They shouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 112January 22, 2020 9:51 PM

Then why go on with this charade?

by Anonymousreply 113January 22, 2020 10:11 PM

18 episodes this season, so 11 more to go

by Anonymousreply 114January 22, 2020 10:35 PM

As a gay man I really want to see will have his baby. I wonder though why he never considered adoption. That would have been an interesting storyline.

by Anonymousreply 115January 22, 2020 11:07 PM

It would be great and trippy if the babies were played by the Olson twins.

by Anonymousreply 116January 23, 2020 11:36 AM

Another terrible episode

by Anonymousreply 117January 24, 2020 4:13 AM

So what happened between all of them? Why did Mullally walk for two episodes?

by Anonymousreply 118January 24, 2020 4:44 AM

Yes this one was a clunker

by Anonymousreply 119January 24, 2020 5:12 AM

I love W&G. Didn't care all that much for the "What a Dump" episode. Karen was missed tremendously.

by Anonymousreply 120January 24, 2020 7:19 AM

Did the Lucy episode air already?

by Anonymousreply 121January 24, 2020 7:35 AM

I thought the fighting ASMR thing was pretty funny. Nice to see them pair the ridiculous old folks with a ridiculous contemporary trend.

And the “You think being gay is enough? This isn’t 2002!” or whatever line came right out of DL. The kid had to be an adopted mixed-race child with a single teen mom who has two gay dads to get into an elite school...hahaha. (It’s funny ‘cause it’s true!)

But the interactions among the actors are all stale and clunky still.

by Anonymousreply 122January 24, 2020 11:14 AM

I hated last night’s episode and I’m a big fan of the show. I’m so over the kid stuff. Not funny or interesting to me at least.

by Anonymousreply 123January 24, 2020 11:27 AM

Another hilarious episode after last week's slump. Man, Karen makes all the difference. So glad they decided to cover ASMR!

by Anonymousreply 124January 24, 2020 3:26 PM

The show does fall short on execution nowadays, and also writing depending on your taste level (poop!), but ASMR fighting is a hilarious conceit.

by Anonymousreply 125January 24, 2020 11:11 PM

I love Larry.

by Anonymousreply 126January 24, 2020 11:14 PM

I loathe Larry.

I loathe that actor - he's as annoying and nellie on Grace and Frankie as he is on W&G.

by Anonymousreply 127January 24, 2020 11:27 PM

Larry will tear this thread apart.

by Anonymousreply 128January 24, 2020 11:28 PM

Larry is a Mary and I’m OK with that.

by Anonymousreply 129January 24, 2020 11:29 PM

A piece of crap. So insulting to the viewers to rehash the storylines they did with the original run. Pathetic. Throw the whole show in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 130January 24, 2020 11:41 PM

Larry is the worst actor I’ve ever seen. Painfully dreadful

by Anonymousreply 131January 24, 2020 11:53 PM

It's a deliberate acting/directorial choice to be anal and stilted like that. He acts differently in other projects I've seen him in.

by Anonymousreply 132January 25, 2020 12:25 AM

R132 He’s the exact same in everything I’ve seen him in...

by Anonymousreply 133January 25, 2020 12:32 AM

You're being obtuse and hyperbolic on purpose. He acted differently in AJ and the Queen, which just aired on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 134January 25, 2020 12:35 AM

R134 = Larry

by Anonymousreply 135January 25, 2020 12:42 AM

So W&G is 2 for 2 in bland Final Seasons

by Anonymousreply 136January 25, 2020 1:00 AM

8 for 2, troll

by Anonymousreply 137January 25, 2020 1:33 AM

Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes both looked very tense in the last episode.

For real. 😶

by Anonymousreply 138January 25, 2020 3:22 PM

Is ASMR something about trump?

by Anonymousreply 139January 25, 2020 3:25 PM

Which is worse an entire episode about Grace shitting in her boyfriend's bathroom or making Casey Anthony jokes? Ew.

by Anonymousreply 140January 25, 2020 3:57 PM

The first 16 episode season was fun.

It's become the same shit show it was during the last 4-5 seasons of its original run.

They should have been one-and-done season of reboot.

by Anonymousreply 141January 25, 2020 4:52 PM

I stopped watching it halfway through the original run. I picked it up again now, but it is pretty dreadful and sinking fast

by Anonymousreply 142January 25, 2020 9:25 PM

Go watch Riverdale and jerk off to KJ Apa then.

by Anonymousreply 143January 25, 2020 10:41 PM

I definitely noticed some tension between Sean and Megan in their first scene together on last episode. They wouldn’t look each other in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 144January 26, 2020 12:17 AM

I love Will and Grace, and I wish it weren't ending just because they're in a lull. But I don't like this baby story line, and I don't care for Demi Lovato. Time is a wasting. Bring back Beverly Leslie, Parket Posey, Cher, Sandra Bernhard...somebody! But this baby thing is not a good way to end the show. And give Karen back her bang! I don't want a kinder, gentler Karen.

by Anonymousreply 145January 26, 2020 12:28 AM

Tired shit.

by Anonymousreply 146January 26, 2020 12:33 AM

Whatever happened to Jack's dog in the first season? Maybe they'll answer that question finally.

by Anonymousreply 147January 26, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] Whatever happened to Jack's dog in the first season? Maybe they'll answer that question finally.

I don't think writers themselves have any clue anymore what they did in S1 of the reboot. At this stage, they are just throwing shit at the wall trying to see what sticks for a couple of canned laughs.

by Anonymousreply 148January 26, 2020 1:28 AM

Will and Grace having kids is almost as bad a TV idea as Rhoda getting married was. It’s really cast a pall over the final season.

by Anonymousreply 149January 26, 2020 2:06 AM

Was the wheelchair guy wearing a wig?

by Anonymousreply 150January 26, 2020 2:41 AM

[quote] Will and Grace having kids is almost as bad a TV idea as Rhoda getting married was. It’s really cast a pall over the final season.

It was literally the thing they undid in the first seconds of the reboot. Why they thought it would be worth doing now, again....just shows a complete lack of creativity.

The writers are total one trick ponies.

by Anonymousreply 151January 26, 2020 2:49 AM

R151 Maybe they loved that plot point so much that they undid it just so that they could redo it.

Or maybe they hated it so much they undid it so that they could redo it better. I hope not, because they’re not doing it better.

by Anonymousreply 152January 26, 2020 1:11 PM

It makes zero sense. Stop trying to justify it. It's idiotic and insulting to the viewers.

by Anonymousreply 153January 26, 2020 3:15 PM

R152 exactly. the baby plot was better the first time around. At 50, it's weird.

by Anonymousreply 154January 26, 2020 7:23 PM

I agree about the baby plot line being weird. It seems like a rehash.

Also, although the dialog between Karen and her booty call was funny, the guy is a terrible actor. I felt like I was watching a rehearsal or a high school version of the show when he had lines.

by Anonymousreply 155January 28, 2020 4:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 31, 2020 8:55 PM

That's a conservative rag...

by Anonymousreply 157January 31, 2020 8:59 PM

Globe comment: "It doesn’t help that Debra Messing is obnoxious on and off the screen."

Let me tell you about Deb Messing.......

by Anonymousreply 158January 31, 2020 9:04 PM

The magic just went away.

by Anonymousreply 159February 1, 2020 6:50 PM

Who else is excited about tonight's episode with a gay theme?

by Anonymousreply 160February 7, 2020 12:27 AM

Maybe tonight will be about pee or barf! That poop episode is going to be hard to top.

by Anonymousreply 161February 7, 2020 12:46 AM

I can see now why Megan Mullally wanted to get off of the sinking ship as fast as she could.

by Anonymousreply 162February 7, 2020 12:51 AM

Ryan Phillippe!

by Anonymousreply 163February 7, 2020 1:05 AM

Is that Billie lourd playing Debbie Reynolds granddaughter?

by Anonymousreply 164February 7, 2020 1:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 7, 2020 1:19 AM

My DVR can only record two programs at a time, and I had to choose among Grey's Anatomy, mom, and will and grace.

Sorry, will and grace, you did not make the cut.

by Anonymousreply 166February 7, 2020 2:37 AM

It was actually a funny if derivative episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 167February 7, 2020 2:39 AM

The drawback of watching it on NBC on demand is that you cannot fast-forward through the damn commercials

by Anonymousreply 168February 7, 2020 2:42 AM

I liked how they were kind of making fun of themselves at the end of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 169February 7, 2020 2:45 AM

1. Karen Walker is simply not funny in the Trump era. Nor is Teefs Jr. even remotely a substitute for Rosario.

2. Sean Hayes' plastic surgery is really painful to look at in close-up. I still find Estefan sweet. And Ryan Phillippe was good at dead-pan

3. While it is interestingly twisted to see Bille Lourd, daughter of a hag and a gay man, play a woman determined to marry a fey bisexual (and channeling her grandmother, Debbie Reynolds, the once and always Bobbi Adler), the actual plot line was cringeworthy. I'm ten years older than Will and Grace and the "you're not bi, you're just gay-in-denial line bored me and made me wince.

I enjoyed the show for much of the first run, but it's been sad and a bit of a chore to watch this iteration of it.

by Anonymousreply 170February 7, 2020 2:52 AM

The chemistry is not gone, but the creativity of the plot lines has diminished. And sadly, I say this as the number one Will & Grace fan. I am going to stick with it to the bitter end because I still like seeing the entire group. For the last few episodes...kill the baby story. please. Why, oh why was a baby story conceived--and not just one but two babies. Get rid of Demi Lovato. And no offense to the guy in the wheelchair, but Karen needs a greater comedic plot line. She's still wonderful and must-see TV.

by Anonymousreply 171February 7, 2020 2:54 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 7, 2020 3:06 AM

Did everyone learn the lesson in tonight's episode? I expect a 500 word essay on my desk tomorrow morning on the problematic intolerance of bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 173February 7, 2020 3:57 AM

The more you know!

by Anonymousreply 174February 7, 2020 4:09 AM

Tonight's episode was funny! And I agree with Will...I won't acknowledge the "B!"

Karen: I can't die in coach. They'll find me among the poors. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 175February 7, 2020 4:34 AM

I wish they would bring back Beverly Lesley for the final season. I love Karen and him insulting each other.

by Anonymousreply 176February 7, 2020 4:35 AM

Ryan Philippe was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 177February 7, 2020 4:36 AM

Tonight was fun. W&G are back!

by Anonymousreply 178February 7, 2020 4:40 AM

Is Joel returning as the same character he played the first time ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 7, 2020 4:47 AM

Karen thinking that sky was the only thing behind the curtain at the back of First Class was pretty hysterical.

Also, "They shrunk the vodka!!" was clever.

by Anonymousreply 180February 7, 2020 5:31 AM

Cute gay boy playing bisexual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 7, 2020 5:58 AM

Nitpicking time.

Janet, her oldest sister never had any children that were mentioned before this episode. She was always portrayed as an irresponsible single person with no ties.

Still I think this was the best episode of the Season by far. Even with Karen perpetually on the sidelines.

by Anonymousreply 182February 7, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote] Still I think this was the best episode of the Season by far.

Now, there's a low bar to jump over. It was still utterly mediocre - I forgot most of the "funny lines" 10 minutes after it was over.

by Anonymousreply 183February 7, 2020 3:04 PM

DL fave Ryan Philippe on Will&Grace talking about gay sex, omg! I was googling his DL threads once and there was no end to them. He really was beloved here at one point. Like Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill are now. He's not as attractive anymore, though, which was kinda shocking to see. 😐

by Anonymousreply 184February 7, 2020 3:33 PM

R184 it's called age Rose. And he's still hotter than many men his age

by Anonymousreply 185February 7, 2020 3:51 PM

I know it's age. Still, shocking!

by Anonymousreply 186February 7, 2020 3:52 PM

I'm surprised they didn't bring up his turn as gay Billy on One Life to Live. That really launched him.

by Anonymousreply 187February 7, 2020 3:59 PM

And he kissed two men in 54.

by Anonymousreply 188February 7, 2020 4:17 PM

Man, I loved him as Billy in that soap opera, what a summer that was…

by Anonymousreply 189February 7, 2020 4:40 PM

This show made me think of some of the ignorant fucks on here who declare that bisexuality does not exist.

by Anonymousreply 190February 7, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote] This show made me think of some of the ignorant fucks on here who declare that bisexuality does not exist.

They are stuck in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 191February 7, 2020 7:32 PM

R191 And probably still use mousse.

by Anonymousreply 192February 7, 2020 8:42 PM

I don't watch the show for logic, but wouldn't Karen have thrown Jack out of first class and taken the seat herself?

by Anonymousreply 193February 7, 2020 10:12 PM

In the old days she would have totally been a part of the Ryan Phillippe storyline.

by Anonymousreply 194February 7, 2020 10:14 PM

You're so right, r184. Ryan Phillippe has totally aged out of his attractiveness.

Look at this decrepit carcass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 7, 2020 11:09 PM

I love me some Joel McHale. I’ll have to finally watch the reboot one day. How many episodes is he in ?

The Billy storyline was so good in OLTL my Bastard father ruined a big dramatic moment for me. I was every emotionally involved and he unexpectedly came home so I switched watching in living room and went to my mothers room with him following me.

by Anonymousreply 196February 7, 2020 11:35 PM

OP Coitus interruptus?

by Anonymousreply 197February 7, 2020 11:42 PM

Ryan stills looks good. If only he didn't get those tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 198February 8, 2020 4:18 PM

I DVR'd the episode with Ryan Phillippe and just got around to watching it today, and I was shocked just how short Ryan Phillippe was next to Sean Hayes. I Googled Ryan and he is listed as 5 foot 9 inches so he is probably closer to 5' 7", he appeared even shorter than he does in the below picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 9, 2020 5:49 PM

Vanessa Bayer has a fan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2020 3:17 AM

Who was the hottie toweling off last night???

by Anonymousreply 201February 14, 2020 4:13 PM

Last night (02/13/20):

Worst.

Episode.

EVER!!!!!

Grace's schtick with the dog breeders/would-be baby adopters was the dumbest thing I've ever seen on TV. What absolute horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 202February 14, 2020 5:48 PM

R202 worse than the poop episode? Hardly

by Anonymousreply 203February 14, 2020 6:32 PM

Episode would've been better with Karen.

by Anonymousreply 204February 15, 2020 2:11 AM

Miss Megan is having another moment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 15, 2020 2:13 AM

What’s with Joel McHales hair? Is it a horrible rug or a horrible transplant. It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 206February 15, 2020 2:20 AM

Last night's storyline with Grace parading around like a show dog was pure I Love Lucy comedy. Yes, it was silly, but sometimes silly = funny. Award-winning? No. Did we chuckle? Yes.

Would anyone have been put off if it had been Karen leading Jack around like a show dog? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 207February 15, 2020 2:43 AM

I am wondering what went down.

Sean has been Megan's friend for a long, long time and if even he is siding with Deb Messing, that kinda makes me wonder......

by Anonymousreply 208February 15, 2020 2:48 AM

I liked the episode where Will and Grace were trying to get a spot at that school, but they weren't diverse enough. That was pretty good commentary on the forced diversity issue going on these days where everything has to be a perfect mix or else you're not woke enough.

by Anonymousreply 209February 15, 2020 3:11 AM

The talk that Will and Hector (I think that was his name) had about being closeted was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 210February 15, 2020 3:52 AM

R206 His hair and his breasts are fake. He asked his plastic surgeon to “Give me the full Manela Anderson treatment!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211February 15, 2020 2:34 PM

The fake boobs are impressive when he’s half naked but in a tee shirt it looks very midway between Bruce and Caitlyn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212February 15, 2020 2:35 PM

^^^Yea those are titties. Like a small B cup.

by Anonymousreply 213February 15, 2020 2:38 PM

Just finished watching the last two episodes.

Man that bisexuality storyline was cringe worthy.

I'm married to a bi guy and have mostly bisexual friends. Never met or seen a fem bisexual in my life. The patronizing tone in this episode is bizarre.

You won't find an effeminate guy like that into women. They're really just in the closet.

Woke bullshit episode.

by Anonymousreply 214February 15, 2020 3:51 PM

Bullshit r214 I know straight men who are far more feminine than me

by Anonymousreply 215February 15, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote] Bullshit [R214] I know straight men who are far more feminine than me

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you show me a single legit bisexual man or straight who's a flamboyant walking stereotype of a gay fem like that unbelievable character I give a million dollars but I won't even bother because they don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 216February 15, 2020 10:46 PM

Well, the fem guy can say he's straight. I knew one like that. I worked with him and everyone laughed behind his back. No way to prove it. People can say whatever they want. And plenty of gay men have fucked girls so....

by Anonymousreply 217February 15, 2020 11:40 PM

[quote] And plenty of tops have fucked girls so....

Fixed it for ya'

by Anonymousreply 218February 16, 2020 2:29 PM

Let me tell you about Deb Messing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 17, 2020 9:59 PM

“You love me?! I slept with your son! AND your father! I broke your apartment with a massive poop! I violated a porpoise! And ENDED A SPECIES!”

I admit I giggled audibly during that part. Just that part. I also thought, oh God, don’t bring up the poop thing. I also thought, wait, was all that a setup to this punchline?

Really don’t know what to think about this series any longer. The bisexual lesson last week was didactic and Afterschool Special-y. And then the random church lesson this week, with Jack suddenly becoming a wise counselor and advocate for Catholicism...?! I sad it with a twinge of nostalgia-induced sadness, but Will and Grace needs to go now. Moral lessons fit for a child. Scat humor. All while encouraging us to laugh at the idea of an ancient man falling down a flight of stairs on a scooter. It’s just a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 220February 21, 2020 11:47 AM

“You love me?! I slept with your son! AND your father! I broke your apartment with a massive poop! I violated a porpoise! And ENDED A SPECIES!”

I admit I giggled audibly during that part. Just that part. I also thought, oh God, don’t bring up the poop thing. I also thought, wait, was all that a setup to this punchline?

Really don’t know what to think about this series any longer. The bisexual lesson last week was didactic and Afterschool Special-y. And then the random church lesson this week, with Jack suddenly becoming a wise counselor and advocate for Catholicism...?! I sad it with a twinge of nostalgia-induced sadness, but Will and Grace needs to go now. Moral lessons fit for a child. Scat humor. All while encouraging us to laugh at the idea of an ancient man falling down a flight of stairs on a scooter. It’s just a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 221February 21, 2020 11:47 AM

Not as bad as last week's "adoption" episode or the prior week's poopfest, but still way down there. The "religious Jack" attempt was a dismal failure and an insult to the audience, who know damn well that Jack is anything but religious. This is the worst downslide of a once-great sitcom since the disastrous Rosanne mess that originally ended that show's first go-round.

by Anonymousreply 222February 21, 2020 4:31 PM

The writing is staler than Grace's uterus

by Anonymousreply 223February 21, 2020 7:24 PM

Stupid STUPID show. Throw it in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 224February 22, 2020 12:44 AM

Who the hell is the Slovenian terrorist??

by Anonymousreply 225February 22, 2020 12:45 AM

I’m more intrigued by the real life feud than the show itself.

Which one is the Juliana Marguiles?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226February 22, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote]This is the worst downslide of a once-great sitcom since the disastrous Rosanne mess that originally ended that show's first go-round.

Your first mistake was believing that W&G was ever a "great" show.

by Anonymousreply 227February 22, 2020 2:18 AM

Megan is the Marguiles. Last night was the first ep after she'd taken her 2-week break, and she shared no scenes with our Deb.

by Anonymousreply 228February 22, 2020 2:24 AM

I dont know the whole story but I love how Deb was the only celebrity who took on that horrible Susan Sarrandon.

by Anonymousreply 229February 22, 2020 5:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!