Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brad Pitt to Bradly Cooper: ‘I got sober because of this guy’

I have wondered about whether Brad had a come-to-Jesus moment, or whether he went through a program because it was court-ordered, or part of the custodial issue with Angelina. It’s a significant distinction – one version has Brad bottoming out and accepting that he needed help. The other version has Brad trying to negotiate his way out of some sh-t he created. All of this speculation has a point, I swear. Brad won Best Supporting Actor at the National Board of Review Awards and this happened:

Hollywood Brads got to stick together. Brad Pitt won Best Supporting Actor at the National Board of Review Annual Awards Gala on Wednesday night. Presenting him the honor was his good pal, Bradley Cooper. After giving his fellow Brad a hug on the gala’s stage, the Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood star gushed over his friend, revealing to the applauding crowd that the A Star Is Born actor helped him get sober. Bringing up Cooper’s 2-year-old daughter Lea (whom he shares with ex Irina Shayk), Pitt raved, “Thank you, Bradley. Bradley just put his daughter to bed and then rushed over to do this.”

“I got sober because of this guy,” the 56-year-old actor continued. “And every day’s been happier ever since.”

Then, giving the 45-year-old star a big thumbs up, Pitt said, “I love you, and I thank you.”

This marks one of the rare moments Pitt has publicly talked about his sobriety, and his first mention that Cooper helped him on that front.

[From E! News]

Does Brad mean that he got sober with Bradley’s help, because Bradley helped him find a program and B-Coop was there as a sober resource? Or does Brad mean that he got sober FOR Bradley Cooper? It’s very odd. And odd that B-Coop gets the shout out here, in Brad’s Journey of Talking Awkwardly About Sobriety. As opposed to saying “thanks to my ex-wife Angelina for giving me the wake-up call I desperately needed as I hit rock bottom.” But whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2020 5:31 AM

Bradley said "no more of the a-nell"

by Anonymousreply 1January 9, 2020 7:15 PM

There are rumors around that Bradley slipped up in his sobriety after Star is Born. Wonder if this is Brads encouragement for him now that he is back on the wagon.

by Anonymousreply 2January 9, 2020 7:28 PM

Brad and Bradley bump

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2020 9:22 PM

Translated into Datalounge speak that means that Bradley was Pitt's bottom.

by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2020 9:24 PM

Bradley

not

Bradly

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2020 9:27 PM

R4 lol if this was a Charmie thread this would be all the proof needed to confirm their impending nuptials

by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] Translated into Datalounge speak that means that Bradley was Pitt's bottom.

Liam, Victor AND Brad?

Man, stop hogging all the good daddy dick, Coop!

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2020 9:28 PM

Bradley sucked the demons out of him.

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2020 9:34 PM

What in the hell is going on with Bradley Cooper's nose? It looks like he now has Bob Hope's nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2020 9:21 PM

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2020 10:50 PM

Bradley is morphing in to the Wicked Witch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2020 3:32 AM

“Translated into Datalounge speak that means that Bradley was Pitt's bottom.”

Bradley was Brad’s bottomless pit?

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2020 3:43 AM

Brad Pitt has always seemed like a good guy and I'm glad he's feeling better.

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2020 3:51 AM

I always get a laugh reading Celebitchy, Angelina is a 100% saint and Brad is pure evil whose every word and action is a sign he is literally the devil.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2020 3:51 AM

Fagolas

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2020 3:52 AM

R15 really? Your term “Fagolas” is offensive. Who gives a fuck if they are gay. Most of us are all gay on DL.

by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote] Fagolas

Is he a Sylvan elf?

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2020 3:54 AM

1 year later:

Brad Pitt to Brad Dourif: "I fell off the wagon because of this guy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2020 3:56 AM

New couple, BradBrad?

by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2020 3:58 AM

Are they fucking now? He said "i love you"

by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2020 3:58 AM

Sounds like Bradley is his AA sponsor.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2020 4:27 AM

Ni, their couple name is Brooper. Get with it!

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2020 4:28 AM

Brad is Hollywood sober, like Liza, Ben, etc. Champagne “doesn’t count”

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2020 4:33 AM

Did anyone see him accept the award at golden globes? I thought he was tipsy.

by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2020 4:44 AM

If Brad was such a drunk, how has he stayed so slim?

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2020 5:52 AM

I knew Brad was an alcoholic since he first got popular but I am surprised he admitted it.

by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2020 6:13 AM

He starves himself.

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2020 6:16 AM

You'd think he would have mentioned his kids. "I needed to get sober for my kids, and you helped me take the critical step."

by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2020 6:36 AM

BC on Grindr in NYC c. 2009 “ass up, blindfolded, cum & go NSA”

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2020 6:48 AM

So he didn’t get sober because his wife left him for screaming at his son on a plane in a drunken rage?

by Anonymousreply 30January 21, 2020 3:56 AM

This is a bromance I didn't see coming. Are we going go get any pictures like Leo and Bradley on the balcony?

by Anonymousreply 31January 21, 2020 4:29 AM

I've wanted to fuck Brad Pitt since I was 14, and he was about 35? But he gets less attractive all the time. Bradley fucking Cooper? There isn't a more humorless or pretentious minimally talented dude in movies - except for Brad Pitt!! Pitt must have hired a joke writer because I've met the dude and he looks your your drunk Irish uncle Stu. He's nice enough, but not too fast. And his "friendship" with Leo is grotesque. Like Brad has anything in common but extreme wealth and privilege with that fathead old party boy. If Bradley Cooper makes you get sober, you must be in a very susceptible mood, that's what I say. Bradley Cooper couldn't convince me to floss.

by Anonymousreply 32January 21, 2020 4:38 AM

*looks like your drunk Irish uncle Stu.

by Anonymousreply 33January 21, 2020 5:07 AM

Is this a sly way of him saying that the idea of waking up next to Bradley (again) scared him sober?

by Anonymousreply 34January 21, 2020 5:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!