Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Iran has just launched ballistic missiles at Americunt miltary bases in Iraq

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 480January 10, 2020 11:09 PM

No link???

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2020 10:23 PM

Fake news until link is provided.

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2020 10:25 PM

A swarthy man in a beard looked at me funny. It's terrorism! Hold me Donald

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2020 10:26 PM

R2 Please attempt to refrain from using right wingnut nouns and speech here.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2020 10:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote][R2] Please attempt to refrain from using right wingnut nouns and speech here.

Fake news wasn't invented by the Right, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2020 10:29 PM

Again with the Daily Mail links.

Can't anyone find any other source for news other than that shit rag?

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2020 10:30 PM

Reporters on twitter saying yes.

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2020 10:30 PM

r4 Please stop policing other people's language, Mary. Also, what r6 said.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2020 10:30 PM

No- they just perfected it and then decided to replace/deny/discount the truth R6

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2020 10:30 PM

Does the Daily Mail own Datalounge?

Is that why every fucking new link comes from there?

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2020 10:31 PM

From the BBC

[quote]The Al-Asad base was reportedly hit by multiple rockets. It is unclear if there have been any casualties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2020 10:31 PM

Yes it’s FOX, but appears to be true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2020 10:31 PM

Seriously r11, the number of dailymail links we get on this board is insane.

I get it is used a lot of for "fun" celebrity stories, but really that's your go to for a serious news article?!

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2020 10:32 PM

US has just confirmed its bases are under attack. I am following on Twitter. You can find your own links.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2020 10:32 PM

Time to wipe out those 52 Iranian targets.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2020 10:33 PM

R6, r9, but they perfected it.

Not that I think we shouldn’t use the term. “Fake News” defines Trump and Fox.

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2020 10:33 PM

Spoiler alert, you can post links to tweets r15.

This is a discussion board, that is how to set up discussion, linking to what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2020 10:33 PM

r14 I feel like many DLers are also BRF obsessives and so they use DM as source for other news as well because it's convenient.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2020 10:34 PM

Entirely Trump‘s fault. If this is all of it, we’re all lucky.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2020 10:35 PM

R9 Go lick Trump's arse, and if you need to lick more, get working on his boots. I have the other dumb cunt on block. You're to join him there shortly. You're tone is TRUMPTARD. Fake News! Never happened, etc.

You're too American for your own good.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2020 10:35 PM

MSNBC has just reported it.

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2020 10:35 PM

- At least 6 rockets or missiles, possibly more, fired at Al Asad Airbase in Iraq

- Base is home to U.S. forces

- Iran has claimed responsibility

- No word on damage, casualties

- No U.S. response so far

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2020 10:35 PM

Huff Post, if you can stand it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2020 10:36 PM

*Omg, I thought that was the BBC Twitter account. Gurls, discard my post at r23 immediately!

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2020 10:36 PM

Iran has begun an attack on the United States with missiles fired at an American base in western Iraq, Iranian official news media said early Wednesday.

“The fierce revenge by the Revolutionary Guards has begun,” Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said in a statement on a Telegram channel.

The reported attack was the start of what Iran had promised as retaliation for the killing of a top Revolutionary Guards commander in Baghdad by the United States last week.

Iranian news media reported the attack hours after the commander, Maj. Gen. Qassem Suleimani, was returned to his hometown in Iran for burial.

Hossein Soleimani, the editor in chief of Mashregh, the main Revolutionary Guards news website, said that short-range ballistic missiles had been fired at the American base at Asad, in Anbar Province, in western Iraq.

One American official said six rockets had landed at Asad air base, but could not confirm that they were missiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2020 10:36 PM

CNN reporting

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2020 10:37 PM

CNN reporting it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2020 10:37 PM

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper said Tuesday that Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani had been planning attacks to occur within days, laying out the administration’s legal justification for killing the Iranian commander in a drone strike.

Americans officials have been pressed over their claims that they targeted General Suleimani to forestall imminent attacks against U.S. interests.

At a Pentagon news conference Tuesday, Mr. Esper was asked whether attacks had been expected in days or weeks. “I think it’s more fair to say days,” the defense secretary said.

He declined to offer more details, nor to describe the intelligence underpinning that assessment.

Mr. Esper said General Suleimani, who was killed Friday in Iraq, “was in Baghdad to coordinate additional attacks.”

“He’s been conducting terrorist activities against us and our coalition partners for over 20 years,” Mr. Esper said. “He has the blood of hundreds of Americans, soldiers, on his hands and wounded thousands more. And then we could talk about all of the mayhem he’s caused against the Syrian people, the people of Lebanon. Even his own people in Iran.”

He added: “To somehow suggest that he wasn’t a legitimate target, I think, is fanciful. He was clearly on the battlefield.”

Mr. Esper also said that despite an unsigned draft letter from the American military command in Baghdad on troop withdrawal and a unanimous vote by the Iraqi Parliament, the United States does not plan to pull its troops out of Iraq right now.

The Pentagon has made preparations in anticipation of Iranian retaliation, Mr. Esper said, and American troops in the Middle East are on a heightened state of alert.

“I think we should expect that they will retaliate in some way, shape or form,” Mr. Esper told a news conference at the Pentagon. “We’re prepared for any contingency and then we’ll respond appropriately to whatever they do.”

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2020 10:37 PM

Listening as I type. Breaking news on ABC World News Tonight.

Nothing fake about it ...... We ARE in danger, Girls !

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2020 10:38 PM

President Trump on Tuesday told reporters he would avoid targeting cultural sites in military attacks, walking back a threat he made against Iran days earlier.

Following a bipartisan and international uproar, Mr. Trump conceded that striking such sites would amount to a war crime. “If that’s what the law is, I like to obey the law,” he said in the Oval Office as he hosted the visiting prime minister of Greece, Kyriakos Mitsotakis.

His remarks to reporters came a day after Mark T. Esper, the secretary of defense, said striking Iranian cultural sites with no military value would be a war crime. That appeared to put him at odds with his boss.

“We will follow the laws of armed conflict,” the defense secretary said at a news briefing at the Pentagon on Monday when asked if cultural sites would be targeted.

On Saturday, Mr. Trump declared that the United States had identified 52 potential targets in Iran, some “important to Iran & the Iranian culture.”

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2020 10:38 PM

Jennifer Griffin @JenGriffinFNC From senior US military source in Iraq: “Under missile attack from Iran. These are either cruise missiles or short range ballistic missiles. All over the country.”

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2020 10:38 PM

Here we go again.

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2020 10:40 PM

I hope it doesn’t escalate from here but...sheesh...

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2020 10:40 PM

Early reports: 20 US troops have died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2020 10:40 PM

They should bomb Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2020 10:41 PM

[bold]False alarm of rockets landing at Iraqi base with U.S. troops.[/bold]

Reports reached Washington on Tuesday that an Iraqi military base where American troops are deployed was rocketed by Iran or its proxy forces.

But officials subsequently said the early report of an attack appeared to be false.

Bases in Iraq are routinely hit by rockets and mortar fire. Some NATO troops are leaving Iraq. NATO is removing some of the trainers who have been working with Iraqi soldiers battling the Islamic State, in the wake of the American killing of Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani.

On Monday, the NATO secretary-general, Jens Stoltenberg, announced that training had been temporarily suspended.

Describing security of NATO personnel, the organization said in a statement that it would be taking precautions — including “the temporary repositioning of some personnel to different locations both inside and outside Iraq.’’

NATO “maintains a presence in Iraq’’ and remains committed “to fighting international terrorism,” an official said, but refused to provide “operational details’’ about troop movements.

NATO has had roughly 500 soldiers doing the training.

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2020 10:41 PM

Thanks, Trump.

For the love of all that is holy, please let the "anonymous adult in the room" hide the nuclear codes from the fucktard-in-chief!!

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2020 10:42 PM

Cheers R17. I'm not the police... If I were, they would be in trouble! It's very Rethuglicunt to disbelieve, deny, and disprove every consequence from Agent Orange's policy. Almost ALWAYS followed up with "Fake News!" or simply Never Happened!

If posters do not wish to be confused with the enemy, they ought not to parrot their made up jibberish.

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2020 10:42 PM

Please don't link a random screenwriter for supposed details that has no inside knowledge, he is following twitter like the rest of us r35.

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2020 10:42 PM

Some NATO countries, like Canada, Germany and Croatia, have announced that they are moving troops out of Iraq altogether, at least temporarily, because of security concerns.

Canada is temporarily moving to Kuwait some of its 500 military personnel based in Iraq, the country’s top military official, Gen. Jonathan Vance, said in a letter posted on Twitter on Tuesday.

Thirty of the 120 German soldiers in Iraq will be sent to Jordan and Kuwait, while others will remain positioned in the less volatile Kurdistan region, the German defense and foreign ministries said in a joint letter to the German parliament, the Bundestag.

“When the training is able to resume, the military personnel can be reinstated,” the letter said.

Croatia has also moved its small contingent of soldiers — 14 — from Iraq, with seven bound for Kuwait and the rest headed home, the Croatian Defense Ministry said. Slovakia has also removed its seven soldiers.

Some NATO troops began leaving Baghdad’s Green Zone in helicopters Monday night. The NATO training mission began in 2018 at Iraq’s request.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2020 10:42 PM

They should launch one directly at Trump.

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2020 10:42 PM

r37 In other words, FAKE fucking NEWS.

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2020 10:42 PM

Reports of several explosions, and helicopters in the air.

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2020 10:42 PM

Iran has been asking to be vaporized for at least a decade now.

This gives us a real justification to send them all to meet Allah.

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2020 10:43 PM

Barbara Death Star just reported that much of the Pentagon closed early today because of an approaching snow storm. Talk about being caught with your pants down!

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2020 10:43 PM

r39 Omg, stop blabbering about the same fucking thing already, we get it, you don't like the phrase "fake news." Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2020 10:44 PM

You really want another Iraq r45? Don't be an idiot. The last thing America needs is another endless middle eastern war to throw money down the drain.

Get some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2020 10:44 PM

I guess it's war now. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2020 10:45 PM

Gurls, Pleeze ...............

This is NOT the time for petty snarkiness.

Now go load your weapons !

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2020 10:46 PM

BBC and Guardian have both put out Breaking News alerts about it here in the UK. My phone and iPad just went mental.

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2020 10:46 PM

Damn. I had just turned off MSNBC for the night...back on!

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2020 10:47 PM

Fill up your gas tanks hussies, prices will be $4 a gallon by the end of the week!

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2020 10:48 PM

r50 Can you show me how to operate this thing, darling? I haven't used it once since I purchased it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2020 10:48 PM

Iran is doing this wrong. Don't hit the military, hold him accountable.

by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2020 10:48 PM

R45 Is the same Rethuglicunt @ R2. Just really loving the prospect of war, and the American killing machine that is the Military Industrial Complex. He probably wanks to a picture of Bolton.

by Anonymousreply 56January 7, 2020 10:49 PM

Hoes be mad

by Anonymousreply 57January 7, 2020 10:49 PM

Probably by tomorrow, r53.

by Anonymousreply 58January 7, 2020 10:49 PM

I feel fine.

by Anonymousreply 59January 7, 2020 10:50 PM

Anybody have Xanax?

by Anonymousreply 60January 7, 2020 10:51 PM

Is the attack genuine, or is it another montage like the supposed chemical weapons with which Al Assad attacked civilians, Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and Afghanistan's Taliban involvement with 9/11?

Let's not forget that Mike Pompeo admitted to shamelessly lying, cheating and manipulating information when he was the director of the CIA. Can we trust these people? The answer is NO. Unless Iran admits to the attack, I would be extremely suspicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2020 10:51 PM

Yes, it's genuine. American bases in Iraq are under missle attack from Iran.

by Anonymousreply 62January 7, 2020 10:54 PM

In my stomach R60. Just took the last two tablets with some scotch.

by Anonymousreply 63January 7, 2020 10:54 PM

Iran has admitted to it.

by Anonymousreply 64January 7, 2020 10:54 PM

Iran has claimed responsibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 7, 2020 10:55 PM

20 American deaths so far according to reports.

by Anonymousreply 66January 7, 2020 10:56 PM

Thank God the 2d Amendment allows men in Montana to carry firearms, in case they get that far!

by Anonymousreply 67January 7, 2020 10:57 PM

[quote]CNN’s Barbara Starr reports that Pentagon officials have been hard to reach “because they were sent home early for what was supposed to be a major snowstorm.”

A funny detail in this mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 7, 2020 10:57 PM

Trump ty Dumpty must be so proud .........

by Anonymousreply 69January 7, 2020 10:57 PM

Let's never let it get memory-holed that he started this whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 70January 7, 2020 10:57 PM

It's 2003 all over again bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 7, 2020 10:57 PM

Iran needs to have a nuclear grease fire rained down upon it.

by Anonymousreply 72January 7, 2020 10:57 PM

It'll take a minute for accurate reports to reach us, so better we just wait.

by Anonymousreply 73January 7, 2020 10:57 PM

Impeachment? What impeachment? That's their whole game.

by Anonymousreply 74January 7, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote]Let's never let it get memory-holed that he started this whole thing.

No. He didn’t. Iran attacked our embassy first. They are asking for war.

by Anonymousreply 75January 7, 2020 10:59 PM

There is absolutely no accurate report on whether they are casualties yet r66.

by Anonymousreply 76January 7, 2020 10:59 PM

The Pentagon staff who can't be reached because they went home due to some snow will NEVER live this down! I hope they are Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 77January 7, 2020 10:59 PM

God help us. Trump has been informed, and is " currently evaluating " the situation .

by Anonymousreply 78January 7, 2020 10:59 PM

No reports yet on casualties /injuries.

by Anonymousreply 79January 7, 2020 11:00 PM

I wonder if they slipped yesterday when they said they were leaving Iraq, then walked it back. Maybe they moved the troops in advance of what they knew was coming?

by Anonymousreply 80January 7, 2020 11:01 PM

Iran is about to be destroyed. Trump will not fuck around.

by Anonymousreply 81January 7, 2020 11:01 PM

All Trump does is fuck around r81.

by Anonymousreply 82January 7, 2020 11:01 PM

R81 ALL HE DOES IS FUCK AROUND

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 7, 2020 11:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 7, 2020 11:02 PM

Okay, took an Ativan. Let's see if it helps.

by Anonymousreply 85January 7, 2020 11:02 PM

So much for the Art of a Deal.

by Anonymousreply 86January 7, 2020 11:03 PM

It's the same poster this thread who has been cheering for a war with Iran. We need Muriel to bust out a nice red-tag.

by Anonymousreply 87January 7, 2020 11:03 PM

Well...we're boned. This is NOT reassuring, Huckabeast-Wannabe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 7, 2020 11:04 PM

Let's hope that the fighting stays overseas.

by Anonymousreply 89January 7, 2020 11:04 PM

Hopefully it was just a light bruising. Let them have this provocation, it's not worth fighting a war over, it truly isn't.

by Anonymousreply 90January 7, 2020 11:05 PM

To all those that voted for this vile, criminal, imbecile, you (we) are about to reap what you have sowed.

The world stands on the brink of war.

Because Trump has broken or withdrawn from every treaty and agreement, our Allies will not support us going forward as they have in the past. There will be no coalition. America will go at it alone.

Because Trump has lied to the American people with abandon, nobody will believe anything he says about Iran as he beats the drums of war.

Our draft-dodging, fake president is playing general with real nuclear weapons in a sandbox with opponents with real nuclear weapons.

by Anonymousreply 91January 7, 2020 11:06 PM

You're lying, R75. Iraqi people, fed up with an illegal occupation, attacked the embassy. Iran had nothing to do with it and unlike it has been claimed Soleimani wasn't even there - in fact, he had been invited by the Iraqi and US governments to participate in peace talks to de-escalate hostilities with Saudi Arabia.

You're a liar and a warmonger - not to mention that you're probably here to try to stir up support for Trump's diversion war.

by Anonymousreply 92January 7, 2020 11:06 PM

Of course it isn't r90, but the military industrial complex wants to keep getting fed. The TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars we have thrown at the Iraq conflict are starting to wind down.

by Anonymousreply 93January 7, 2020 11:06 PM

And then Iran attacks Israel.

And then Israel attacks Iraq.

Then all Muslim countries attack Israel, including Pakistan with nukes.

Then...

R81, you seem as stupid as Trump. Overly-emotional, led by your feelings instead of your brain. It should end right here. 20 American dead is what Trump asked for in exchange for that VIP’s assassination.

by Anonymousreply 94January 7, 2020 11:06 PM

Good luck with that R89. We will respond, I am sure in an over kill way being Trump's ego. They will respond as well, and guess what the gloves will be off at that point and they will try to hit us everywhere including the mainland.

by Anonymousreply 95January 7, 2020 11:06 PM

Well, there goes my dry January!

FUCK YOU, TRUMP!

by Anonymousreply 96January 7, 2020 11:07 PM

Israel - girl, you in danger.

by Anonymousreply 97January 7, 2020 11:08 PM

On the brink of war with Iran and who's calling the shots? The star of The Apprentice. 🤦‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 98January 7, 2020 11:08 PM

Trump is a nutjob, I would not put it past him to pass go and take the extreme options. How far dose fallout reach around the globe?

by Anonymousreply 99January 7, 2020 11:08 PM

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

2:48 PM - Nov 29, 2011

by Anonymousreply 100January 7, 2020 11:08 PM

Can someone tell me when Rand Paul is off MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 101January 7, 2020 11:08 PM

Can we quit repeating this "20 dead" shit r94. That was just random bullshit flying around twitter, currently we don't know anything.

by Anonymousreply 102January 7, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote] R75: Iran attacked our embassy first. They are asking for war.

Our embassy grounds were vandalized, and you think this means war? Why don’t you volunteer? Fool.

by Anonymousreply 103January 7, 2020 11:09 PM

Israel has had nuclear weapons for decades, so if push came to shove....

by Anonymousreply 104January 7, 2020 11:10 PM

Anything to help American citizens: How on earth are we going to pay for this?!

Anything that goes to bombing the middle east: Here is a blank check, have fun!

by Anonymousreply 105January 7, 2020 11:11 PM

More than a dozen missiles confirmed launched from Iran by US Gov.

Deep shit now.

by Anonymousreply 106January 7, 2020 11:11 PM

I don’t like the way the new decade is starting.

by Anonymousreply 107January 7, 2020 11:12 PM

Fire all the nuclear weapons. Our therapy wasn’t going anywhere anyways.

by Anonymousreply 108January 7, 2020 11:13 PM

We

are

F

U

C

K

E

D

by Anonymousreply 109January 7, 2020 11:13 PM

Ballistic missiles, too, R106, launched at two US military sites.

by Anonymousreply 110January 7, 2020 11:13 PM

Death to OP!

by Anonymousreply 111January 7, 2020 11:13 PM

Bomb, Bomb, Bomb...Bomb Bomb I - Ran - John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 112January 7, 2020 11:13 PM

Rand Paul’s comments were surprisingly reasonable. Though, he could have added, “Fuck-you, Trump!”

by Anonymousreply 113January 7, 2020 11:14 PM

So many MARYS! on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 114January 7, 2020 11:14 PM

Don't respond, let them have this little "victory."

by Anonymousreply 115January 7, 2020 11:14 PM

Impeachment trial? Yeah, forgot all about it now.

by Anonymousreply 116January 7, 2020 11:14 PM

I bet the traitor decides to use nukes at some point. Those who have been right (ex. Sarah Kendzior) about a lot of this shit have been warning about it.

by Anonymousreply 117January 7, 2020 11:15 PM

So how many Americans are going to die because of Trumps impulsiveness and lack of planning?

by Anonymousreply 118January 7, 2020 11:15 PM

This is Obama's fault!

by Anonymousreply 119January 7, 2020 11:16 PM

If this fucks up Melania’s big “Woman of Distinction” Night she’s gonna be PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 120January 7, 2020 11:16 PM

Yep, would not be suprised in Trump goes straight to Nukes. Russia responds, we respond world over.

by Anonymousreply 121January 7, 2020 11:17 PM

More Iranians died at the funeral for their VIP than Americans rumored to have died in this attack.

by Anonymousreply 122January 7, 2020 11:17 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 123January 7, 2020 11:18 PM

This is more likely to end with us exiting the Middle East, tail between our legs.

by Anonymousreply 124January 7, 2020 11:18 PM

R9 Stop defending Trumptards you daft cunt.

by Anonymousreply 125January 7, 2020 11:19 PM

Six rockets, no casualties. We can unclench now.

by Anonymousreply 126January 7, 2020 11:19 PM

He’s been itching to use nukes from before he was elected. And the electorate just laughed and said “Oh, that Trump. He’ll say anything to get a rise out of the liberals.” “Are you not entertained?”

by Anonymousreply 127January 7, 2020 11:19 PM

He’s been itching to use nukes from before he was elected. And the electorate just laughed and said “Oh, that Trump. He’ll say anything to get a rise out of the liberals.” “Are you not entertained?”

by Anonymousreply 128January 7, 2020 11:19 PM

You know the bullshit patriotism will begin tomorrow. Trial? What trial? "We need to rally around our president in this time of war. He needs us."

by Anonymousreply 129January 7, 2020 11:20 PM

Asshole Trump got what he wanted, war with Iraq. I wish he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 130January 7, 2020 11:20 PM

Can we at least offer the well endowed Iranians shelter? I have room for a couple in my extra bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 131January 7, 2020 11:22 PM

20 casualties reported. FF R126 for Pro-Trumpist bs.

by Anonymousreply 132January 7, 2020 11:22 PM

Trump is fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 133January 7, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote]Iraq’s Joint Military Command said seven rockets had hit the base. Iranian officials said the attack began at 1:20 a.m., the time that General Suleimani was killed by an American drone at the Baghdad airport on Friday.

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 134January 7, 2020 11:25 PM

R130?? Not clear why anyone would want to protect Tehran. We should have annihilated them when they took the hostages 40 years ago. Nothing but threats from them since.

by Anonymousreply 135January 7, 2020 11:25 PM

[quote]Fill up your gas tanks hussies, prices will be $4 a gallon by the end of the week!

So?

by Anonymousreply 136January 7, 2020 11:25 PM

[quote]The strike at Al Asad came less than two hours after reports circulated that rockets had been fired on Taji Air Base, an Iraqi military base where American troops are deployed. Officials said the reports of an attack there appeared to be false.

Oh, so that one *was* fake news. Glad that's been cleared up now.

by Anonymousreply 137January 7, 2020 11:26 PM

If the stock markets crash because of this, Trump can kiss his reelection bid goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 138January 7, 2020 11:27 PM

It's called the fog of war R137. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 139January 7, 2020 11:27 PM

Oh no this is so TARE UH BUL — I certainly won’t get involved to fuck things up even more.

by Anonymousreply 140January 7, 2020 11:27 PM

This is all Trumps fault and the whole world knows it. I hope no one in Europe comes to our aid. Trump should be tried for war crimes.

by Anonymousreply 141January 7, 2020 11:27 PM

Wars make money, this will help the rich even more than before.

by Anonymousreply 142January 7, 2020 11:27 PM

No R129. We need to rally to get Trump out of office. He only started this "war" thinking that it would protect him from impeachment and get him re-elected. He only cares about himself and he couldn't care if innocent people may die in the process. He's not a tough guy. He's a coward.

by Anonymousreply 143January 7, 2020 11:27 PM

r139 No, it's literally called fake news, cunt. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 144January 7, 2020 11:28 PM

"Time to wipe out those 52 Iranian targets."

As long as Trump thinks of KFC as a cultural site, bombs away.

by Anonymousreply 145January 7, 2020 11:28 PM

Trump is shitting bricks. He's panicked, scared and just hair's breadth away from the fucking nuclear codes.

And it's not even his fat gelatinous ass on the line.

Fucking, stupid ignorant Trump voters. You own this.

by Anonymousreply 146January 7, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote]Wars make money, this will help the rich even more than before.

Groundbreaking. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 147January 7, 2020 11:30 PM

The Hill:

Senate Republican blocks unanimous consent on resolution calling targeting cultural sites a war crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 7, 2020 11:30 PM

Well, I hope Susan motherfucker cunt piece of shit Sarandon is happy. Oh yeah, Susan... Hillary was so dangerous and a war hawk!

by Anonymousreply 149January 7, 2020 11:30 PM

Second wave of ballistic missiles underway per Guardian's Michael Safi.

by Anonymousreply 150January 7, 2020 11:31 PM

Pentagon now says more than a dozen missiles were launched.

by Anonymousreply 151January 7, 2020 11:32 PM

Trump is an enemy of the people.

by Anonymousreply 152January 7, 2020 11:32 PM

DL fave David Muir's BDF is on it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 7, 2020 11:32 PM

NYT:

Iran Attacks Two U.S. Bases in Iraq: Live Updates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 7, 2020 11:33 PM

Official word.

[quote]Iran fired more than a dozen ballistic missiles at two military bases in Iraq where American troops are based, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

[quote]“It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Asad and Erbil,” Jonathan Hoffman, the Pentagon’s chief spokesman, said in a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 7, 2020 11:34 PM

International law says it is a war crime so he can go fuck himself. R148.

by Anonymousreply 156January 7, 2020 11:35 PM

I don’t ever remember a time when the majority of US citizens were on the side of the “enemy”. Dump has destroyed your county irreparably.

by Anonymousreply 157January 7, 2020 11:36 PM

Country

by Anonymousreply 158January 7, 2020 11:36 PM

Second wave of attacks now. Lots of video of missiles hitting their targets.

by Anonymousreply 159January 7, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote]Hillary was so dangerous and a war hawk!

Hillary is pissed as fuck right now that she couldn’t be the one this close to launching the nuclear codes on Iran.

by Anonymousreply 160January 7, 2020 11:37 PM

Dow futures plunge 400 points. Whoopee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 7, 2020 11:37 PM

Link R159?

by Anonymousreply 162January 7, 2020 11:37 PM

We know what Trump is like. He’s emotional, ignorant, and stupid. And mentally ill. He’s incapable of letting something go if someone else will play the price.

by Anonymousreply 163January 7, 2020 11:37 PM

4 more years!

by Anonymousreply 164January 7, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote]Impeachment trial? Yeah, forgot all about it now.

Republican mission accomplished!

by Anonymousreply 165January 7, 2020 11:39 PM

Dr. Robert Fortuna @psychdr100 · 6m The missiles that hit at least 2 American bases are not mere rockets or SCUDS. They are are state of the art ballistic missiles with big payloads. Thousands of Americans will die in Trump's war.

by Anonymousreply 166January 7, 2020 11:39 PM

“To get re-elected our president will go to war with Iran.”

by Anonymousreply 167January 7, 2020 11:40 PM

Thank god I bought an electric vehicle. Gas is going way up.

by Anonymousreply 168January 7, 2020 11:40 PM

R160, you seem to have missed the point of that post. Or the @158 before that. Hillary wouldn’t have been this stupid to be in this position.

by Anonymousreply 169January 7, 2020 11:40 PM

Any attractive Iranian men are welcome to come stay with me. Must be hung with low hangers. 10s preferred, will consider 8s. Im a solid 4, however I have standards.

by Anonymousreply 170January 7, 2020 11:40 PM

R137 You are such a massive cunt. You also are so impossibly ignorant, you fail to realise news of the strike is often reported before it hits. Shut your bloody mouth already.

You're the only poster on this thread promulgating false claims and details. Over a dozen ballistic missiles have struck two separate bases which house US troops. Ironic you're the "Fake News" douche as well.

by Anonymousreply 171January 7, 2020 11:40 PM

[quote]Nancy Pelosi received a phone call from Mike Pence, as she was about to open the House for new session. The speaker’s chief of staff said Pelosi called the vice president back minutes after presiding over the House, and was briefed on Iran’s attacks.

[quote]Nancy Pelosi says she’s “closely monitoring the situation”, adding that she’d like “needless provocations from the Administration” end.

The Guardian seems to have the best live blog about this. Others are too fucking slow by half.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 7, 2020 11:41 PM

Donald Jr and Eric are hiding under Lincoln's bed.

by Anonymousreply 173January 7, 2020 11:42 PM

Death to Iran!

by Anonymousreply 174January 7, 2020 11:42 PM

From The Guardian link at r172:

[quote]In the meantime, defense secretary Mark Esper and secretary of state Mike Pompeo have arrived at the White House. According to CNN, Esper was carrying a large bag.

by Anonymousreply 175January 7, 2020 11:43 PM

Chris Mathers just asked his guest what should happen if this was a normal President.

by Anonymousreply 176January 7, 2020 11:44 PM

[quote]Hillary wouldn’t have been this stupid to be in this position.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Hillary showed time and again that she had terrible judgment, made bad decisions, and was advised by idiots.

by Anonymousreply 177January 7, 2020 11:44 PM

If this were a normal president we’d be talking about the golden globes still.

by Anonymousreply 178January 7, 2020 11:45 PM

Death to Trump

by Anonymousreply 179January 7, 2020 11:45 PM

So what's the plan, Donald ?

by Anonymousreply 180January 7, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote]When asked about the casualty assessment, defense official notes that the US had a “very good early warning system” to know when these missiles were fired and where they were going

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 7, 2020 11:46 PM

LET IT GO YOU HILLARY OBSESSED TRUMPETER. You know she lost the election right?

by Anonymousreply 182January 7, 2020 11:46 PM

Yeah, no, you’re wrong r177. Stop sulking about saint Bernie losing and enjoy the activities of the president you helped elect.

by Anonymousreply 183January 7, 2020 11:46 PM

See - the patriotism bullshit has already started.

If you like this - enlist! Pack your bags and go fight. Maybe Trump will lead his troops to battle like Teddy Roosevelt!

by Anonymousreply 184January 7, 2020 11:46 PM

Just in, second wave of missles.

by Anonymousreply 185January 7, 2020 11:47 PM

R177, save it for another time. Have you watched the news, for Christ’ sake? This is Trump fucking up, live of TV, to avoid impeachment. Don’t start with that Benghazi email crap.

by Anonymousreply 186January 7, 2020 11:47 PM

Teddy Roosevelt never led troops as president.

by Anonymousreply 187January 7, 2020 11:47 PM

I hope our troops are safe.

FUCK TRUMP!

by Anonymousreply 188January 7, 2020 11:47 PM

Yes, Death to Trump!

by Anonymousreply 189January 7, 2020 11:47 PM

No matter what choices Hillary would have made, she would still outshine Trump.

by Anonymousreply 190January 7, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote]A top advisor to Iran’s supreme leader posted an image of the Iranian flag as news steams in of multiple attacks on US military sites. The tweet seems to be a counterpoint to Donald Trump’s tweet featuring a low-resolution image of the American flag, following a strike that killed Iranian general Qassim Suleimani.

We're doing this over Twitter now, great. 😩

by Anonymousreply 191January 7, 2020 11:49 PM

Dan Quayle would have made better decisions than Shitler is.

by Anonymousreply 192January 7, 2020 11:50 PM

My nephew is in the Army. Was scheduled to go to South Korea soon. I was initially worried about that, but now....

by Anonymousreply 193January 7, 2020 11:50 PM

R174 that’ll show ‘em!

by Anonymousreply 194January 7, 2020 11:50 PM

The trolls are out in force tonight here and on Twitter and Face Book. This isn't about Hillary or Democrats, trolls. This is about the fact you voted for and worship a sociopathic nutcase who will let the entire world burn to ashes to save his own ass. And his Rapture-ready buddies Pompeo and Pence are happy to push him right to the brink.

Fuck all of you trolls. Fuck every piece of shit who voted for Trump and his Republican enablers. Fuck every goddamn last one of you.

by Anonymousreply 195January 7, 2020 11:50 PM

New report claims that the Iranian air force is being deployed. Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night.

by Anonymousreply 196January 7, 2020 11:50 PM

Hell naw here come!

by Anonymousreply 197January 7, 2020 11:51 PM

CNN reports casualties among Iraqis but not Americans (yet).

by Anonymousreply 198January 7, 2020 11:52 PM

These people don't fuck around when an idiotic bully like Trump tried to steal the show.

Trump certainly has a great team of informed advisors.

by Anonymousreply 199January 7, 2020 11:52 PM

A link for r196

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 7, 2020 11:53 PM

A link for r196

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 7, 2020 11:53 PM

Trump tweets Plosi: "Step back." [bitch].

by Anonymousreply 202January 7, 2020 11:53 PM

CNN saying Trump may address the nation tonight.

by Anonymousreply 203January 7, 2020 11:53 PM

Dear Twitter,

Right now would be a great time to suspend Trump's account before he starts a World War using your site.

Sincerely, Everyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 7, 2020 11:54 PM

Say goodnight, r195.

NOW!

by Anonymousreply 205January 7, 2020 11:55 PM

Should I read James Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son or start the latest season of The Crown?

by Anonymousreply 206January 7, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]IRGC saying Ayatollah Khamenei is in control centre coordinating attacks.

Fucking hell. This is one of the best Twitter accounts if you want to follow the developments, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 7, 2020 11:57 PM

Trump needs a drug test. You know he's on fucking drugs!

I hope the stock market crashes.

by Anonymousreply 208January 7, 2020 11:57 PM

You say goodnight you piece of shit, r205

by Anonymousreply 209January 7, 2020 11:58 PM

NBC interrupting programming with Lester Holt

by Anonymousreply 210January 7, 2020 11:59 PM

[quote]IRGC warning if there is retaliation for this rocket attack there will be a 2nd wave of attacks that will wipe out US bases in the region.

by Anonymousreply 211January 7, 2020 11:59 PM

This has really taken the shine off the premiere of the final season of Schitt's Creek for me.

by Anonymousreply 212January 8, 2020 12:01 AM

Rockets launched near US Embassy in Erbil, Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 213January 8, 2020 12:01 AM

[quote] R206: Should I read James Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son or start the latest season of The Crown?

How about The Guns of August?

by Anonymousreply 214January 8, 2020 12:02 AM

Iranian Air Force has been deployed

by Anonymousreply 215January 8, 2020 12:02 AM

Fuck. This is really happening.

Well, so far there aren't any confirmed American casualties (despite twitter rumors). Maybe war can still be avoided? I honestly thought Trump wanted to please the isolationists in his base more than the neocons.

by Anonymousreply 216January 8, 2020 12:03 AM

Is it wrong that I'm suddenly hoping the Israelis and the Saudis can somehow find a way to stop this?

by Anonymousreply 217January 8, 2020 12:05 AM

Stock market (futures) are already down over 400 points. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 218January 8, 2020 12:05 AM

CNN reporting that Trump will address the nation tonight.

Trump. addressing the nation.

Surreal.

by Anonymousreply 219January 8, 2020 12:05 AM

launched some cruise missiles? We’re they the ones Obama gave them? Along with all the $$$? Or did they use our $$$ to buy them to use against us? Nothing good about the Iran regime.

by Anonymousreply 220January 8, 2020 12:05 AM

But the assassination was to prevent war!

by Anonymousreply 221January 8, 2020 12:08 AM

You just know his crooked evil sons and son in law probably shorted the market and will gain big from this "war".

by Anonymousreply 222January 8, 2020 12:09 AM

So glad that shitpiles like r220 are showing their desperation.

Even they know Trump is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 223January 8, 2020 12:09 AM

Oh, Donald, you dumb dick .......

You've unleashed a monster who will eat you alive.

by Anonymousreply 224January 8, 2020 12:11 AM

Love you, Della. It’s nice to see you at this scary time.

by Anonymousreply 225January 8, 2020 12:11 AM

I’m guessing that Saudi Arabia has already agreed to open their oil spigot. I wonder if we agreed to wipeout Iranian oil fields in exchange?

by Anonymousreply 226January 8, 2020 12:11 AM

I ran.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227January 8, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote]Iran is warning that if there is retaliation for the two waves of attacks they launched their 3rd wave will destroy Dubai and Haifa.

HOLY SHIT !!!

by Anonymousreply 228January 8, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote]IRGC saying Ayatollah Khamenei is in control centre coordinating attacks

They need to be stopped. Trump will go nuclear and rid the world of the “Supreme Leader”.

by Anonymousreply 229January 8, 2020 12:14 AM

DJIA futures currently down 358 points so no free fall (yet.) link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 8, 2020 12:15 AM

Smooches, r224

by Anonymousreply 231January 8, 2020 12:15 AM

No one is going to mention US casualties until they absolutely have to.

by Anonymousreply 232January 8, 2020 12:17 AM

HAIFA???????????? Oy.

by Anonymousreply 233January 8, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote]Confirmed: The WH is planning for a possible address from President Trump tonight. Plans could change but I’m told aides are working on it.

Address may or may not happen. He's an attention whore, so of course it'll happen.

by Anonymousreply 234January 8, 2020 12:19 AM

Presidemnt Trump is a Commander in Chief who is doing the Lord's work tonight!

by Anonymousreply 235January 8, 2020 12:19 AM

Donald will address the Nation as soon as we pull him out from under the bed and change his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 236January 8, 2020 12:20 AM

[quote]I’m guessing that Saudi Arabia has already agreed to open their oil spigot. I wonder if we agreed to wipeout Iranian oil fields in exchange?

The Revolutionary Guard has already said they won't show any distinction between US and its allies.

by Anonymousreply 237January 8, 2020 12:24 AM

R228, they threaten that every other week.

by Anonymousreply 238January 8, 2020 12:24 AM

They say Iranian jet fighters in Iraqi airspace

by Anonymousreply 239January 8, 2020 12:24 AM

[quote][R228], they threaten that every other week.

They don't act directly every other week, however.

Has anyone gone on Twitter to ask Susan Sarandon how she's feeling right now?

by Anonymousreply 240January 8, 2020 12:26 AM

I’m sure In Cheetoh’s address to the nation he will denounce his sworn enemy: Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 241January 8, 2020 12:26 AM

I used to want to hear the other Presidents on momentous occasions. Tonight, I want to hear Trump to find if he’s high or not.

by Anonymousreply 242January 8, 2020 12:26 AM

r240 "Hillary would have nuked it by now." - Sarandon, probably

by Anonymousreply 243January 8, 2020 12:26 AM

Tweet from NBC news Tehran bureau chief:

[quote]IRGC warning if there is retaliation for this rocket attack there will be a 2nd wave of attacks that will wipe out US bases in the region.

by Anonymousreply 244January 8, 2020 12:27 AM

I just realized that I don’t even know who is running our government.

by Anonymousreply 245January 8, 2020 12:28 AM

🇺🇸 Stay Strong, America !

by Anonymousreply 246January 8, 2020 12:28 AM

Putin r245

by Anonymousreply 247January 8, 2020 12:29 AM

How is Trump working out for you, Colby Keller?

by Anonymousreply 248January 8, 2020 12:29 AM

R244 And Trump has said multiple times in the past couple of days that if Iran attacks US forces we will attack them, so...here we are.

by Anonymousreply 249January 8, 2020 12:29 AM

Hope you all took a good, long look at Persepolis because it ain't gonna be around for much longer, if Trump has his way.

by Anonymousreply 250January 8, 2020 12:29 AM

r249 Yup, he'll look weak if he walks that back now.

by Anonymousreply 251January 8, 2020 12:30 AM

This is awful but not surprising.

In fact I can't believe it's taken this long.

Some really smart posts and would somebody please just take a dump on the "FAKE NEWS" asshole.

This could very well be a diversion (remember Colin Powell and his treason at the U.N.) but the danger to our troops is very real.

I hate this president but I love my country. He has to go.

by Anonymousreply 252January 8, 2020 12:30 AM

Usually with something like this you look to the experts for knowledge AND comfort. Nothing I am hearing on the news is comforting.

by Anonymousreply 253January 8, 2020 12:31 AM

Fuck Susan Sarandon, Bernie Sanders, and everyone who voted for him and Trump. Fuck every last one of them!

by Anonymousreply 254January 8, 2020 12:31 AM

What did Reagan do when those many marines were killed at their base in Lebanon? Nothing, right? Besides withdraw, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 255January 8, 2020 12:32 AM

Tee-Hee

by Anonymousreply 256January 8, 2020 12:33 AM

r252 Dear Lord, could you be any more obnoxious? No one likes a "told ya so" in these moments. Someone please take a dump in this guy's mouth already.

by Anonymousreply 257January 8, 2020 12:33 AM

I'll be watching Schitt's Creek instead of a Trump address thank you.

by Anonymousreply 258January 8, 2020 12:33 AM

If nothing else, this needs to get people into the street demanding a full re-write of the War Powers Act. Congress needs its balls back on this.

by Anonymousreply 259January 8, 2020 12:34 AM

No new updates; everyone is waiting for Trump's teleprompter to charge up at this point...

by Anonymousreply 260January 8, 2020 12:34 AM

Oil? Did someone ask about oil?

I just happen to have some.

by Anonymousreply 261January 8, 2020 12:35 AM

Probably no address

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262January 8, 2020 12:35 AM

Well nobody’s talking about impeachment tonight, are they?

by Anonymousreply 263January 8, 2020 12:36 AM

Of course Drump will retaliate. But will he go ahead attacking the 52 potential targets in Iran mentioned? are they even prepared ? they obviously got out maneuvered by Iran. i'm sensing this is the end of Drump.

by Anonymousreply 264January 8, 2020 12:36 AM

This was all as intended, right? The goal was to destroy Iran before it gets an atomic bomb.

R263, yes, we are. Those of us who aren’t talking about shooting Trump want him impeached.

by Anonymousreply 265January 8, 2020 12:37 AM

I need something with icing on it ...

by Anonymousreply 266January 8, 2020 12:37 AM

Thank God, r262.

by Anonymousreply 267January 8, 2020 12:37 AM

I’m going to be pissed if the nuclear war starts tonight. I paid my property taxes today!

by Anonymousreply 268January 8, 2020 12:38 AM

One or the other sounds good to me, R265. I have never hated a motherfucker more. Plenty in this country hate him, but not nearly enough.

by Anonymousreply 269January 8, 2020 12:39 AM

josh Dawsey @jdawsey1 · 5m Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham says a minute ago that POTUS will NOT address nation tonight.

by Anonymousreply 270January 8, 2020 12:39 AM

R262 That’s a relief.

but:

[quote]NewsAlert: WASHINGTON (@AP) FAA issues emergency restriction for Persian Gulf airspace, citing 'potential for miscalculation or mis-identification'

by Anonymousreply 271January 8, 2020 12:40 AM

[quote]Iran is saying that if there is no retaliation from America for these latest attacks then they will stop attacking. But if America attacks then their response will be crushing and wide spread

by Anonymousreply 272January 8, 2020 12:40 AM

Who would back this US government apart from Israel? I can't imagine any Western government doing so. This "war" is purely an American one.

by Anonymousreply 273January 8, 2020 12:40 AM

When is this old fuck gonna stroke out. Even he must feel the stress

by Anonymousreply 274January 8, 2020 12:40 AM

R265 No one on cable news is talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 275January 8, 2020 12:41 AM

everyone would be asleep or dead before Trump could get his hair and makeup pulled together And his diapers changed. for an address.

by Anonymousreply 276January 8, 2020 12:41 AM

I might have to break out the bottle of Yukon Jack tonight.

by Anonymousreply 277January 8, 2020 12:41 AM

I hate this pussy-mouth motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 278January 8, 2020 12:42 AM

Iranian state media saying non of their ballistic missiles were intercepted. They all hit their targets.

by Anonymousreply 279January 8, 2020 12:43 AM

r272 No address because he chickened out and wants no further escalation. Good for the world, bad for him.

by Anonymousreply 280January 8, 2020 12:45 AM

Please god let R280 be true.

by Anonymousreply 281January 8, 2020 12:45 AM

Iran is warning that if there is retaliation for the two waves of attacks they launched then 3rd wave will destroy Dubai and Haifa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282January 8, 2020 12:45 AM

Now is the time for Republicans to jettison Anusmouth. NOW. Stop covering for him, stop making excuses, stop pretending he knows whatthefuck he's doing.

Just STOP and let someone, anyone, with maturity and experience drive the fucking bus!

by Anonymousreply 283January 8, 2020 12:46 AM

They were ballistic missiles rather than accurate cruise missiles. They were meant as a token gesture rather than an act of war. This will fizzle out.

by Anonymousreply 284January 8, 2020 12:46 AM

I hope the senators think about tonight during Trump's impeachment trial. Tonight has the world on edge wondering what our delusional president is going to do.

by Anonymousreply 285January 8, 2020 12:47 AM

It's kind of bizarre that the thing that made me feel better was a tweet from Chuck Tingle, of all people.

[quote]on path towards future of love on this timeline there are scary moments. us buckaroos will trot together and lock arms and say LOVE IS REAL and will hope and act and resist hate in our way. right now thinking on love for civilians who do not want war to rain on them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 8, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote]DJT: So what? Isn’t Melissa Etheridge one?

[quote]Pompeo: Not lesbian, sir. Lebanese!

by Anonymousreply 287January 8, 2020 12:48 AM

r284 Definitely. And they knew they were being tracked and the bases would be evacuated before they were struck. They went for the safest targets so they can save face at home.

by Anonymousreply 288January 8, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]Iraqi Shia militias under Iran’s patronage are saying that they ha e launched their operations against US presence in Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 289January 8, 2020 12:48 AM

This isn't going to fizzle out and disappear quietly.

by Anonymousreply 290January 8, 2020 12:49 AM

R195 - TRUTH!

Every Trump voter and enabler must die.

by Anonymousreply 291January 8, 2020 12:49 AM

Isn't tonight supposed to be the Jeopoardy Champion of Champions game? Fuck you Donnie.

by Anonymousreply 292January 8, 2020 12:49 AM

Lord help us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 8, 2020 12:49 AM

Ok, so that is that.

Please Iran don't fall for the bait into the war.

by Anonymousreply 294January 8, 2020 12:50 AM

'Is the attack genuine, or is it another montage like the supposed chemical weapons with which Al Assad attacked civilians, Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and Afghanistan's Taliban involvement with 9/1'

Oh for fuck's sake, it's the false flag lunatic. F and F and block this crazy fucker.

by Anonymousreply 295January 8, 2020 12:50 AM

I want Trump dead...can I be arrested?

by Anonymousreply 296January 8, 2020 12:52 AM

R294 They will. My people are very proud. If you have ever seen two Iranian men fighting over who pays the check at a restaurant you will know what I mean. They like to save face.

by Anonymousreply 297January 8, 2020 12:52 AM

If Iran attack Dubai their country will be dust within a few months, as the combined might of the UAE, Saudi and all their allies fire every missile they can get their hands on into Iran.

by Anonymousreply 298January 8, 2020 12:53 AM

There is a huge American base in Dubai.

by Anonymousreply 299January 8, 2020 12:55 AM

[quote] I get it is used a lot of for "fun" celebrity stories, but really that's your go to for a serious news article?!

The Daily Mail is probably the most up to date aggregator in the world. They are sloppy but when there's breaking news there is nowhere that's faster. Like it or not, the Daily Mail is a major news outlet and it's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 300January 8, 2020 12:57 AM

Wasn't Jared supposed to be fixing this?

by Anonymousreply 301January 8, 2020 12:59 AM

I wonder if Jared is on the phone with Bibi or MBS, right now?

by Anonymousreply 302January 8, 2020 1:00 AM

[quote]It looks like Trump may not be giving a televised address after all. The White House press secretary has told reporters that the president won’t be addressing the nation tonight. [bold]He may deliver statements or updates via tweet.[/bold]

Yeah and what the fuck is he going to tweet about? That he was just joking about his threats the other day?

by Anonymousreply 303January 8, 2020 1:00 AM

They really are just doing this all on the fly. There’s no one even at the White House.

I can’t believe this is reality.

by Anonymousreply 304January 8, 2020 1:02 AM

Are we at the point where Joe Pesci says “it is what it is” to Pence yet?

by Anonymousreply 305January 8, 2020 1:03 AM

[quote]Dow futures plunge 400 points. Whoopee!

Given the run up in the markwt in 2019, 400 points isn't much.

Anyone cheering this on, you need to ask yourself if you would feel the same if this was Obama. And be honest.

by Anonymousreply 306January 8, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote] R301: Wasn't Jared supposed to be fixing this?

Yes, he did. This was the “fix”.

by Anonymousreply 307January 8, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote]They really are just doing this all on the fly. There’s no one even at the White House.

Jim Acosta just said they spent about an hour in a meeting and everyone left for the night. Probably off to some titty bar!

by Anonymousreply 308January 8, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote]Anyone cheering this on, you need to ask yourself if you would feel the same if this was Obama. And be honest.

The same Obama who had a realistic peace agreement that was working?

by Anonymousreply 309January 8, 2020 1:05 AM

Twitter is saying that at least 30 Americans have been killed.

by Anonymousreply 310January 8, 2020 1:06 AM

He can't go on TV until he stops shitting himself.

And we're out of Imodeum.

by Anonymousreply 311January 8, 2020 1:07 AM

r308 Yes, that shit is crazy. Two military bases were just attacked by friggin' IRAN and they're off to bed!

by Anonymousreply 312January 8, 2020 1:07 AM

WW3 Updates @ww3updates · 6m OFFICIAL Pentagon: Only Iraqi casualties have been sustained. All US servicemen are safe.

THANK YOU GOD!!!!

So only Iraqis have been killed. Nothing fishy about that at all.

by Anonymousreply 313January 8, 2020 1:07 AM

R306 well Obama would not have launched a drone killing, not on the general, so your "if" question is completely invalid and makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 314January 8, 2020 1:07 AM

Iranian State TV is claiming those casualties. No one has confirmed it.

I don't think they've even confirmed the second wave of missiles.

by Anonymousreply 315January 8, 2020 1:07 AM

The stupidest thing Iran every did was sign the Obama treaty and stop developing nuclear weapons. Did they learn nothing from the Iraq war? The only thing that keeps the Evil Empire of America from invading your country is the bomb.

by Anonymousreply 316January 8, 2020 1:08 AM

Bibs tries throwing Trump under the bus -

[quote] Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly told his security cabinet that Israel had nothing to do with Soleimani’s killing and that it was an American action taken alone, @richardengel reports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 8, 2020 1:08 AM

Lots of wealthy Brits are holidaying in Dubai for the balmy 70s temperatures and they are all now TERRIFIED and sitting on their hotel balconies watching the sky for missiles as they frantically try to book themselves on any available flights out of there tomorrow. My cousin is there and couldn't get a flight to anywhere but the Maldives so they've maxed out their Visa card and booked into a resort there.

by Anonymousreply 318January 8, 2020 1:08 AM

Trump will say that no Americans were killed and so he doesn't technically need to resort to retaliatory action. He'll let this slide and his and Ayatollah's faces will both be saved back in their respective homes.

by Anonymousreply 319January 8, 2020 1:09 AM

R309,

A. No one is cheering this on. I sensed anticipation that the worst was yet to come, not joy.

B. This would never be Obama. The bin Ladin operation might have been this fucked-up or worse, but it wasn’t, because it couldn’t be, because Obama’s not a mentally ill idiot.

by Anonymousreply 320January 8, 2020 1:10 AM

R306 Take you "whataboutism" and shove it up you stretched out warmongering arse.

by Anonymousreply 321January 8, 2020 1:10 AM

Cheetolini probably ran out to the golf course as soon as the bombing stopped

by Anonymousreply 322January 8, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote]This is key right now: If America does not respond to these attacks then this may be over for now. If America attacks then this will escalate.

Gurls, everyone form a prayer circle now and pray real hard that Trump chickens out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323January 8, 2020 1:12 AM

So they literally called this attack : Operation Martyr Soleimani. Only just a day ago people on Twitter - who are obviously as tediously stupid as our dear President - were expressing outrage that Iran could be labeled a culture of martyrdom because that's racist to do so. FUCKING DELUSIONAL IDIOTS.

by Anonymousreply 324January 8, 2020 1:13 AM

I assume the President has been sedated for the night.

by Anonymousreply 325January 8, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote]well Obama would not have launched a drone killing, not on the general, so your "if" question is completely invalid and makes no sense.

That's my point, r314. The only people cheering this on are Trump supporters.

by Anonymousreply 326January 8, 2020 1:15 AM

Can they do that for the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 327January 8, 2020 1:16 AM

Trump's not going anywhere for a while.

A large McDonald's delivery van with armed Secret Service Agents just pulled in front of the back entrance to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 328January 8, 2020 1:16 AM

Maybe they left for the night because they’re afraid the WH is going to be bombed, and the rats are deserting the sinking ship.

I can see the supposedly devoted cabinet saying to Trump, “I guess that’s it for the night, see you tomorrow,” and then they run the hell out of there because they know there’s a bullseye drawn on Trump’s four-poster.

Why the hell would you knock off for the night NOW?

by Anonymousreply 329January 8, 2020 1:17 AM

They need to drag Trump into a large meeting and give him a big boy briefing until he starts screaming for the words to stop. Then they need to start asking for instructions, until he shows himself completely unfit to lead, and is himself led out of the room for two scoops while all the locks are changed.

by Anonymousreply 330January 8, 2020 1:17 AM

Trump doesn't have the balls to face the nation.

by Anonymousreply 331January 8, 2020 1:19 AM

After ten years, I don't know how Richard Engel has any hair left.

by Anonymousreply 332January 8, 2020 1:19 AM

He's in Erbil, he says that there wasn't much damage that they could see.

by Anonymousreply 333January 8, 2020 1:20 AM

Clearly R331. Will this turn any necessary heads ?

by Anonymousreply 334January 8, 2020 1:20 AM

Wag the Dog

by Anonymousreply 335January 8, 2020 1:21 AM

Well they said "Death to America" and now they're delivering on it. Quite competently, from the looks of it.

Closes the whole circle on the illegal Iraq invasion as well.

He's fucked this up even more than the Atlantic City Taj Mahal. Bet he doesn't even try to console the widows and mothers.

Elections have consequences. Here come some big giant motherfucking ones.

by Anonymousreply 336January 8, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote][R306] Take you "whataboutism" and shove it up you stretched out warmongering arse.

There is no whataboutism. The only people cheering this on are Trump supporters -- who really need to start asking themselves how they would feel if Obama did the same shit as Trump. My guess is they wouldn't be cheering.

by Anonymousreply 337January 8, 2020 1:23 AM

Eat the Hot Dog

by Anonymousreply 338January 8, 2020 1:23 AM

Richard Engel is a national treasure

He’s on Rachel now

by Anonymousreply 339January 8, 2020 1:23 AM

So this was just a bit of theater that let’s Iran say they fired missiles in revenge but since no Americans were killed , Trump is going to let them keep their 52 targets. And I thought Game of Thrones had a lame ending.

I guess this is what Saudi’s Arabia wanted, so that is how it is going to be. That is the only explanation why everyone would be heading home for the night. The show is over.

by Anonymousreply 340January 8, 2020 1:24 AM

My guess is, Americans were actually killed and Trump is trying to cover it up.

by Anonymousreply 341January 8, 2020 1:26 AM

Trump is a freaking liar.

Are Jared, Donnie Jr. and Eric too old to be drafted?

by Anonymousreply 342January 8, 2020 1:29 AM

R341 has it exactly.

by Anonymousreply 343January 8, 2020 1:29 AM

There are Brits and Aussies at that Iraqi base as well. What a fucking mess Trump has gotten them into.

by Anonymousreply 344January 8, 2020 1:30 AM

It's such a profile in courage that he's basically hiding from the press.

by Anonymousreply 345January 8, 2020 1:30 AM

This is chilling!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346January 8, 2020 1:32 AM

And he was brand sir Donald.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 8, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote]They attacked us, & we hit back. If they attack again, which I would strongly advise them not to do, we will hit them harder than they have ever been hit before!

Tweet from Sunday. Bitch is now hiding from the press and Twitter because there's no way in hell you can walk back those threats and not appear weak.

by Anonymousreply 348January 8, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote]....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

Where's that speed you promised now, bitch? He's all bravado all the time.

by Anonymousreply 349January 8, 2020 1:36 AM

People are currently streaming out of Tehran and long lines at the gas pumps so they expect something more.

by Anonymousreply 350January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

'Bitch is now hiding from the press and Twitter because there's no way in hell you can walk back those threats and not appear weak.'

As per DEFCON, Trumpanzee hasn't made a statement because he's manoeuvring the subs so they are into neutral waters, then he'll take aim at an Irani base. If he intended to back down, he would have made a statement to that effect.

by Anonymousreply 351January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

I emailed my Senators and Trump. I will call tomorrow but we should be marching on Washington, breaking down the door to the White House and killing Trump, Pence, Pompeo and Mitch mcConnell. I believe there are enough of us that we could do it...I am willing to give my life.

by Anonymousreply 352January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

R340, that’s an ending I can live with. Posturing, then pretty much nothing.

by Anonymousreply 353January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

All this 52 shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

I emailed my Senators and Trump. I will call tomorrow but we should be marching on Washington, breaking down the door to the White House and killing Trump, Pence, Pompeo and Mitch mcConnell. I believe there are enough of us that we could do it...I am willing to give my life.

by Anonymousreply 355January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

No worries. The deplorables will just say it proves what a brilliant statesman he is.

by Anonymousreply 356January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

Don't be a spaz, R352

by Anonymousreply 357January 8, 2020 1:37 AM

Can the Iranians prank call his cell tonight as the ghost of Soleimani, so this fat pig will finally stroke the fuck out and we can all just go back to the normal simmering hatred of one another.

by Anonymousreply 358January 8, 2020 1:38 AM

Don't talk stupid R355. It's all a show. As long as my gasoline stays priced at $2.60 I don't give a shit about the Arabs, Persians and Hebrews and their squabbles.

by Anonymousreply 359January 8, 2020 1:39 AM

'This is my personal opinion and does not represent the DEFCON Warning System: The longer the US is quiet about the Iranian attack, the more likely the US is preparing a response.

I may be wrong. This is just a personal opinion.'

Take note! DEFCON tweeted this. They know what is going on.

by Anonymousreply 360January 8, 2020 1:40 AM

Booooooooo! You are ritually unclean like spoiled ham! I haunt you like bad hamberder! Booooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 361January 8, 2020 1:42 AM

The DEFCON tweet was terrifying

by Anonymousreply 362January 8, 2020 1:43 AM

An Iranian official just tweeted they had a right to retaliate per UN law and they’re not going to escalate any further, per CNN.

by Anonymousreply 363January 8, 2020 1:44 AM

Richard Engel mentioned the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 364January 8, 2020 1:45 AM

The Iranians are very restrained.

by Anonymousreply 365January 8, 2020 1:46 AM

This is wag the dog.

The fact that that pig couldn't do his job and address the nation makes me smell a rat.

Again, he has to go.

by Anonymousreply 366January 8, 2020 1:47 AM

Trump finally tweets:

[quote]All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 367January 8, 2020 1:47 AM

What would happen if Trump popped the Ayatollah? That option should be explored.

by Anonymousreply 368January 8, 2020 1:48 AM

"Warmest condolences!"

by Anonymousreply 369January 8, 2020 1:48 AM

The hubris, the childishness, the all is well and good of it all. Where's the toilet, I need to heave. This is just some fucking game to him.

by Anonymousreply 370January 8, 2020 1:49 AM

All is not well if you are “assessing casualties and damage”!

by Anonymousreply 371January 8, 2020 1:49 AM

Forget the Ayatollah, pop trump.

by Anonymousreply 372January 8, 2020 1:50 AM

"Nothing to see here! All is well!" -- Anusmouth 45

by Anonymousreply 373January 8, 2020 1:50 AM

R372,you're advocating the killing of the President of the United States?

by Anonymousreply 374January 8, 2020 1:51 AM

The exclamation points are just so inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 375January 8, 2020 1:51 AM

Fuck. He tweeted? He’s still alive? Die already you rancid orange mousse.

by Anonymousreply 376January 8, 2020 1:51 AM

Liar Liar

Diaper on Fire

by Anonymousreply 377January 8, 2020 1:52 AM

This feels like a big moment that we may talk about for years to come, so I just want to say...

One of the ballistic missiles landed in an insatiable bottom.

by Anonymousreply 378January 8, 2020 1:52 AM

R368. It was explored and decided that it was a really stupid idea. Inexplicably, the country of millions and millions would not collapse in upon itself if that one man was “popped”, it is believed. They are thought to have possess backup Ayatollahs.

by Anonymousreply 379January 8, 2020 1:53 AM

I just tried to pray for help for our country but Jesus told me he "ain't touching that shit"

by Anonymousreply 380January 8, 2020 1:53 AM

ASHESHING CASHUALTIESH

by Anonymousreply 381January 8, 2020 1:54 AM

Jake Tapper's Twitter says they appear to have aimed more for the non-US portions of the base. Iraqi casualties. no American.

It's pretty fuck up that we're relieved that it was only Iraqis died as proxies for shit we did.

by Anonymousreply 382January 8, 2020 1:56 AM

R374, the President is the enemy of The People and all patriots should be praying the he be treated as such.

by Anonymousreply 383January 8, 2020 1:57 AM

Clearly this charade is going nowhere and just empty saber rattling. Trump did the same thing a couple years ago when he sent missiles into Syria that hit no actual military or civilian targets. My local news never even reported this "war" or retaliatory response. Nothing left to see here.

by Anonymousreply 384January 8, 2020 1:57 AM

Dear Satan,

Take back your asshole. We've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 385January 8, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote]It's pretty fuck up that we're relieved that it was only Iraqis died as proxies for shit we did.

Yes, that's why his "all is well" is so gross.

by Anonymousreply 386January 8, 2020 1:58 AM

🚀Please Jesus, Take The Wheel

by Anonymousreply 387January 8, 2020 1:58 AM

Don't test the resolve of the US federal government to stop war and get back to business

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388January 8, 2020 1:58 AM

Don't test the resolve of the US federal government to stop war and get back to business

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389January 8, 2020 1:58 AM

Buy Gold. It's gone up $60 in one week...

by Anonymousreply 390January 8, 2020 1:58 AM

What exactly does he expect to get out of a fake “war” that’s over in a week?

by Anonymousreply 391January 8, 2020 1:58 AM

Okay, it's over folks. No more to see here. Senior ministers talked him down and told him that showing restraint would make him more electable. It took some time but they did it.

by Anonymousreply 392January 8, 2020 1:59 AM

[Quote]Jake Tapper's Twitter says they appear to have aimed more for the non-US portions of the base. Iraqi casualties. no American

The Iranian government seems to smarter than our own, at least they seem to be trying to avoid moves that will lead to direct war.

by Anonymousreply 393January 8, 2020 1:59 AM

Fuck Trump. He needs to lead his troops to battle. Go MF, go now.

by Anonymousreply 394January 8, 2020 1:59 AM

Dear R385,

This isn't my clownshow. Talk to St. Pence, Mother, Pompous Ass and asst. others....I only supplied the strings.

by Anonymousreply 395January 8, 2020 2:00 AM

Is Trump really screaming on the roof of the White House?

by Anonymousreply 396January 8, 2020 2:03 AM

Gee, R391, I wonder why he would rattle the sabres, play assassination tough guy and fucking put our soldiers at risk? How many Iraqis died for this little distraction? Gee, I wonder why.....

by Anonymousreply 397January 8, 2020 2:04 AM

Does Dump even realize his kids and his properties are now targets for the next 50 years or so? The Secret Service can't hold back 50 thousand people.

by Anonymousreply 398January 8, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote]Is Trump really screaming on the roof of the White House?

Is Bai Ling up there with him?

by Anonymousreply 399January 8, 2020 2:05 AM

Trump is just such a fucking failure. He can't comfort the nation during natural disasters or mass shootings. He can't negotiate anything. His disillusionment that he knows better than anyone about anything is pathetic. He is a total failure as a human being.

by Anonymousreply 400January 8, 2020 2:06 AM

I am not reassured.

by Anonymousreply 401January 8, 2020 2:07 AM

And there's never a plan beyond "make me look good on TV." It never adds up to anything with him. It's just one impulsive, needy move after another.

by Anonymousreply 402January 8, 2020 2:08 AM

If there's an elevator that would take him to the roof...maybe. But that fat tub of shit would never walk a flight of stairs to get up there, so I'd have to know the layout of the place before guessing, R396

by Anonymousreply 403January 8, 2020 2:08 AM

A president shouldn't be in charge of "comforting" a nation of 320 million. Bro. we're all adults. All presidents that did"comfort" us now have cut deals with media and/ or establishments for speaking roles.

by Anonymousreply 404January 8, 2020 2:09 AM

Again with my boo Richard Engel in the danger zone. Give him a desk job already. God knows he's earned it!!!

by Anonymousreply 405January 8, 2020 2:09 AM

You're an idiot R404.

by Anonymousreply 406January 8, 2020 2:10 AM

Fuck you, R404, it IS his job to explain this bullshit that cost people their lives. HE WORKS FOR US. Men and women have been deployed, 3,500, and National Guard troops in my state.

Fuck you right to hell.

by Anonymousreply 407January 8, 2020 2:11 AM

R407, he can’t explain what he doesn’t understand. I really believe he doesn’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 408January 8, 2020 2:14 AM

We have heard nothing from the battlefield...do we really think the Iranians hit nothing? Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 410January 8, 2020 2:16 AM

Wow. Mega Deplorable troll outing herself at R404/R409. Why don’t you go lick your Orange Emperor’s anus, trollina.

by Anonymousreply 411January 8, 2020 2:17 AM

[Quote]Does Dump even realize his kids and his properties are now targets for the next 50 years or so?

I've heard that and it cheers me up knowing that daddy's moron-moves will impact them for decades to come. I bet even Salman Rushdie is all "oh man you fucked up." I think they'll even lay the 56 stampede deaths on Trump.

*evil chuckle*

by Anonymousreply 412January 8, 2020 2:23 AM

[Quote]Does Dump even realize his kids and his properties are now targets for the next 50 years or so?

I've heard that and it cheers me up knowing that daddy's moron-moves will impact them for decades to come. I bet even Salman Rushdie is all "oh man you fucked up." I think they'll even lay the 56 stampede deaths on Trump.

*evil chuckle*

by Anonymousreply 413January 8, 2020 2:23 AM

R411, she claims to be a vegan but also suggests the US consider dropping a nuclear bomb on Iran. Obviously a basket case.

by Anonymousreply 414January 8, 2020 2:25 AM

Some of you act disappointed that this situation didn't escalate into a war. How about take a sigh of relief and go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 415January 8, 2020 2:43 AM

Reports of a Boeing 737 crashing in Tehran. Story developing.

by Anonymousreply 416January 8, 2020 2:45 AM

And I thought this was supposed to be Infrastructure Week!

by Anonymousreply 417January 8, 2020 2:47 AM

Ukranian jet, 180 aboard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 8, 2020 2:49 AM

Jesus Fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 419January 8, 2020 2:50 AM

Ukraine can’t catch a break, can it?

by Anonymousreply 420January 8, 2020 2:51 AM

Washington Post Live Updates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421January 8, 2020 2:52 AM

Al Jazeera's take on things

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 8, 2020 2:56 AM

Shit is getting real now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423January 8, 2020 3:01 AM

If you followed the conversation R423 it was said it was too dark for 8am.

by Anonymousreply 424January 8, 2020 3:03 AM

WHAT THE FUCK

by Anonymousreply 425January 8, 2020 3:04 AM

Washington Post: Trump overstates military spending and readiness as potential for Iran conflict looms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426January 8, 2020 3:05 AM

What are you talking about, R424? The flight took off at 6:21am Iran time.

by Anonymousreply 427January 8, 2020 3:07 AM

Look at Tim Ballisty's comment R427.

by Anonymousreply 428January 8, 2020 3:11 AM

It seems obvious we shot that airplane down thinking it was a missile.

by Anonymousreply 429January 8, 2020 3:14 AM

r415 But war's the only way we can get our mushroom micro peen to twitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 8, 2020 3:23 AM

R423 Die in a real shit fire.

by Anonymousreply 431January 8, 2020 3:25 AM

Nothing to see here, folks!

All is well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432January 8, 2020 3:31 AM

r429, that concept is more horrifying to me than from Iran shot it down.

To the posters who looove the tough talk that we need to “turn Iran to glass,” you sound absolutely ridiculous. You sound like hillbillies. Dull hillbillies who are thick as bricks. It’s embarrassing — for you. 😬

You know what? If it’s so goddamn crucial to our national security to do this dance with Iran, let’s see ONE Trump family member enlist, I mean it. *** Put their money where their mouths are.***

The Dems need to put all his old tweets about Obama starting a war with Iran on FULL blast. This is no time to speak softly, they need to call him, Pompeo, Pence out for being warmongers and prove through logic that this is unAmerican. Dems need to remind public these people talk about how **we** hate America when they don’t even want to uphold their own Constitution.

Dems must remind citizens, this is OUR country, so TAKE IT BACK. I didn’t sign up for this fucking dumpster fire, I will not co-sign his bullshit. Dems must be in 100% attack mode. As Jeremy Bash recalled a general saying years ago, “let’s not waste a good crisis.” Leverage this. POUND them with their hypocrisy.

And in between each sentence, the mantra is, “Trump is scared, Trump is scared because he got impeached. Trump is shitting his diaper because he is IMPEACHED.”. Let them run a trial without the Articles — that only means higher Dem turnout this fall. It will hurt them in the long run, and I suspect it’s a bluff anyway.

by Anonymousreply 433January 8, 2020 3:34 AM

R433 Kiss my Murican ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 8, 2020 3:38 AM

lolol ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 435January 8, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote] It seems obvious we shot that airplane down thinking it was a missile.

Don’t be silly.

by Anonymousreply 436January 8, 2020 3:42 AM

I guess we will know what the next move is when Fox & Friends broadcast in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 437January 8, 2020 3:43 AM

I can’t wait for these assholes to try and justify how we reached this point tonight. Excuse me? We did what? Why again, not sure i’m following you?

Fuck ME. Fuck YOU.

by Anonymousreply 438January 8, 2020 3:46 AM

The sky was soooooooooo blue.

by Anonymousreply 439January 8, 2020 3:52 AM

Oh, hey, don't mind us. We guess we'll be fine. Again.

by Anonymousreply 440January 8, 2020 3:52 AM

Bets on how long Pompeo keeps his job?

by Anonymousreply 441January 8, 2020 3:53 AM

[italic] Oh, What a tangled web we weave . . . . . . . .

Isn't that right, Donald ?

by Anonymousreply 442January 8, 2020 5:28 AM

They said "technical problems". You know, those planes have been falling out of the sky...same model. Boeing's stock gonna tank big time tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 443January 8, 2020 5:28 AM

Has anyone seen my BFF Rudy?

by Anonymousreply 444January 8, 2020 5:33 AM

Is the US government still claiming no injuries/ casualties?

by Anonymousreply 445January 8, 2020 6:05 AM

Is the US government still claiming no injuries/ casualties?

by Anonymousreply 446January 8, 2020 6:05 AM

[quote]You know, those planes have been falling out of the sky...same model.

The one tonight was a 737-800. It's a completely different plane.

by Anonymousreply 447January 8, 2020 6:07 AM

So is this the beginning of WW3 or what?

by Anonymousreply 448January 8, 2020 6:09 AM

But I thought Rose McGowan asked the Iranians not to attack? They didn’t listen to her?

by Anonymousreply 449January 8, 2020 6:12 AM

Just another day in the MidBeast.

by Anonymousreply 450January 8, 2020 6:15 AM

No. Just go to bed. It's easy to get carried away with panic at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451January 8, 2020 6:17 AM

No. Just go to bed. It's easy to get carried away with panic at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 8, 2020 6:17 AM

This is all about trump just "being best." Only the best bullies pick on little countries with aging militarizes with whom he trashed a successful treaty.

Be the best stupid treasonous cheating idiot you can be, trump, you are the best rigged fake president in American history. Eat shit and die, scum trump.

by Anonymousreply 453January 8, 2020 6:33 AM

So who bets Trump will not take the next logical step and call peace since no one died? I bet he will still go for fucking it up and retaliation.

by Anonymousreply 454January 8, 2020 6:38 AM

Sweet dreams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 8, 2020 7:18 AM

The fact that no one died is only going to embolden Trump. I doubt he is going to stop in spite of all the talking head say. If he stops now, all is good, then guess what, it's back to Impeachment on the news.

by Anonymousreply 456January 8, 2020 8:38 AM

While everyone is being relieved that they didn't have any casualties, take some time to be scared that Iran's missiles are precise enough to lower-populated areas within a complex hundreds of miles away.

by Anonymousreply 457January 8, 2020 11:47 AM

The only Middle Eastern target that Iran is interested in hitting is Israel. And their missiles will be intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome system. And Israel has nukes to respond with.

by Anonymousreply 458January 8, 2020 11:51 AM

Why does that shock you, R453? Trump bullies the handicapped, women and teen girls everyday...for fun, during his 'working' hours.

I can only hazard to guess it's the only way he can get erect without pharmaceutical help, anymore.

by Anonymousreply 459January 8, 2020 12:00 PM

Iran has missiles with a range of 1500 miles. They could hit the huge UK military base in Cyprus.

by Anonymousreply 460January 8, 2020 12:00 PM

Senior Trump advisor Sean Hannity last night called for the U.S. to strike Iranian oil facilities and nuclear sites.

by Anonymousreply 461January 8, 2020 12:03 PM

Is Trump still hiding in the batcave?

by Anonymousreply 462January 8, 2020 12:26 PM

[quote]Bets on how long Pompeo keeps his job?

He's lasted longer than I expected. He's a Koch creation and I assumed he would be doing their dirty work, which often runs counter to what Trump wants done, but I think he's flipped to full Trump enabler and thus has lasted for some time. Like all of Trump's support staff, though, he'll be out on his ear soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 463January 8, 2020 12:33 PM

Don't drag a fictional heroic figure into this. Seriously, this is out of bounds.

by Anonymousreply 464January 8, 2020 2:00 PM

John Kerry is going on, very excitedly, on Lawrence O’Donnell, just now, and rightly so.

Iran may well get the bomb during Trump’s Administration, and it may well be thought of as a Trump “win”, since Trump will lie about it. When Iran does get the bomb, it will be because of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 465January 9, 2020 2:23 AM

It's a damn shame Kerry was swift-boated out of a chance of being president.

by Anonymousreply 466January 9, 2020 2:56 AM

AP:

US officials: 'Highly likely' Iran downed Ukrainian jetliner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 9, 2020 4:38 PM

R467 That whole sitch is pretty cray cray. Why would you be allowing gets to fly when you're in the middle of a shooting war against Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 468January 9, 2020 4:53 PM

Helpful map #1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469January 9, 2020 5:09 PM

Helpful map #2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470January 9, 2020 5:10 PM

David Pakman:

Trump Unintelligible in Rambling Press Conference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 9, 2020 5:36 PM

Washington Post:

Missile strike on U.S. bases ‘did not intend to kill,’ says Iranian commander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472January 9, 2020 5:44 PM

VIdeo in link of missile hitting airplane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473January 10, 2020 7:28 AM

I wonder if we in the US did it. Trump had no idea that there would be zero casualties. Being a spiteful person that he is, I would not put it past him to have some of black ops guys do that with a Russian missile to throw everyone off the track. I don't think he would give a shit about Canadians either.

by Anonymousreply 474January 10, 2020 8:17 AM

My first thought was that Erik Prince was trying to be releavant again and get the money flowing his way.

by Anonymousreply 475January 10, 2020 11:46 AM

(R74), no one cares about Canadians. They are irrelevant on the world stage.

by Anonymousreply 476January 10, 2020 12:48 PM

But Justin Trudeau could be entirely relevant, sitting on my face.

by Anonymousreply 477January 10, 2020 12:53 PM

R477 sitting on your blackface you mean.

by Anonymousreply 478January 10, 2020 1:55 PM

Can we stop picking on Canada, please?

They don't deserve your bile. Aim your vitrol at turtle and Putin's puppets.

by Anonymousreply 479January 10, 2020 6:25 PM

r474 I suspect that, too, they will do whatever it takes, even if they kill people.

by Anonymousreply 480January 10, 2020 11:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!