Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Fave Josie Totah is the star of the new Saved By the Bell!

More trans! More, more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 11, 2020 2:12 AM

[quote]Totah will play Lexi, a beautiful, sharp-tongued cheerleader and the most popular girl at Bayside High

No, she's one ugly bitch. We need a normal pretty male to star.

I love how the article totally forgets SBTB the New Class

Here's a better link to the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2020 2:59 PM

Why does her head look like a huge potato? Is she the long lost twin of Stewie Griffin?

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2020 3:03 PM

I know TV is fantasy but what the fuck

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2020 3:04 PM

She's supposed to be the hottest and most popular girl in school? Really? That's like casting Jazz Jennings as Regina George in a Mean Girls reboot.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2020 3:11 PM

She's supposed to be the hottest and most popular girl in school? Really? That's like casting Jazz Jennings as Regina George in a Mean Girls reboot.

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2020 3:11 PM

Honestly liked him better when he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2020 3:13 PM

So it is science fiction?

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2020 4:20 PM

Deadline comment:

Anonymous

on January 6, 2020 8:32 am

They should bring back Screech back as Totah’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote]They should bring back Screech back as Totah’s mother.

LOL - seriously, I laughed OUT LOUD when I read this.

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2020 4:32 PM

who the hell would fear him?

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2020 4:38 PM

ah - a precious moments figurine come to life

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2020 4:39 PM

R10 Terfs?

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2020 4:43 PM

Ugly comments. Kid wants to be a girl and has a role portraying a girl. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2020 5:04 PM

R13 The kid can have a role portraying a girl if she wants, but as a queen bee at a high school? A super hot cheerleader prom queen? Really? I want you to look me in the eyes and honestly tell me you buy this kid as a sexy cheerleader popular girl.

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2020 5:10 PM

R14, I can’t tell from the one photo as a girl. Judging just from that, I would have said, “maybe.”

I checked out an episode of Champions, and now I think it is less likely, but maybe there’s been a nose job.

I think the short platinum hair is kinda cute, big eyes, sort of Cupid’s bow lips. Not an ugly girl, not a beautiful girl. I’d have to see the new show to decide if it’s ridiculous. -R13

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2020 5:28 PM

Let me guess, Josie's character is going to be dating some really hot looking football player way out of his league?

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2020 5:42 PM

she could be timothee’s and raven’s love child.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2020 5:43 PM

To all of you on the she's-not-pretty-enough bandwagon: your ass is showing because your argument, and your the views behind it, is completely transparent. Excuse the pun.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2020 5:49 PM

R18 I would say the exact same thing about a cis girl that didn't work for the part. Get pissed all you want, call it transphobia, it doesn't change the fact that she's far too dorky and odd looking to play a super popular cheerleader type. Sometimes you just don't look the part. I'm sure you'd be just as outraged if they cast a morbidly obese dude as her super hot football player boyfriend. Get off your high horse, hun.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2020 6:28 PM

Except this thread probably wouldn’t exist if it was a cis girl, R19.

- not R18

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2020 6:37 PM

He doesn’t make a hot girl. Please.

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2020 6:41 PM

Make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2020 6:43 PM

R20 The fat dykey Heather Chandler got loads of shit for being fat and dykey and still being cast as a popular queen bee in that god awful Heathers reboot/show because she didn't look the part, so your argument really doesn't have legs. Are you trans? You sound like you're trans. Why do trans people so unable to hear the word "no" or take any sort of criticism?

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2020 6:45 PM

Why are, sorry, forgot to delete the "do".

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2020 6:46 PM

R21: She was not that cute when she was a boy either. It was more like a dorky and nerby young kid.

I remember a film with Corey Haim back in the 80's where he dresses like a girl, he was a hot guy and he made a hot girl. That's not the usual case, because a lot of handsome guys have too masculine features, but if you are so so as a guy the probabilities of being very good looking as a girl are not too high.

This seems a new trend of fantasy, like when they made the last version of Heathers and transform what should have been a bunch of marginal girls in the queen bee and her entourage

by Anonymousreply 25January 6, 2020 7:11 PM

I don't think she's bad looking for a trans. She's a little THOT though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 6, 2020 7:13 PM

oh she’s a tran? i honestly didn’t know. something is off about her face tho.

by Anonymousreply 27January 6, 2020 7:39 PM

Looks like a young Siriano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 6, 2020 7:54 PM

WTF? This loon looks like a suntanned Shirley Jones circa The Partridge Family. On what planet would it be beautiful OR popular?

by Anonymousreply 29January 6, 2020 8:02 PM

she is

LIVING

HER

TRUTH

by Anonymousreply 30January 6, 2020 8:07 PM

Totah will play Lexi, a beautiful, sharp-tongued cheerleader and the most popular girl at Bayside High who is both admired and feared by her fellow students.

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. And its HE. This is DOA. I was gonna check it out, but NOPE. This is just moronic fantasy crap. In what fucking world!

by Anonymousreply 31January 6, 2020 8:12 PM

Trans Acceptance has now jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 32January 6, 2020 8:16 PM

Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez? This cast would work better as a dramedy set in the world of what is euphemistically called "sex workers."

Josie would be a trembling young trans, new to Manhattan, paying for her final gender confirmation surgery with high-class outcalls under the tutelage of Nomi Malone, now a madam of a New York City agency that caters to the "top1%" Mario, a strip joint "onchpinneur" in the Trip-State area, plays Josie's dad with a shadowy past of his own.

Special guest star: Mark Consuelos.

by Anonymousreply 33January 6, 2020 8:23 PM

He’s cute enough and definitely feminine enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2020 8:37 PM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 35January 6, 2020 8:39 PM

Not cute at all.

by Anonymousreply 36January 6, 2020 8:40 PM

He’s cute enough for that role.

by Anonymousreply 37January 6, 2020 8:44 PM

So he is the Kelly Kapowski of this generation? Yeah, ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 6, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote] Honestly liked him better when he was gay.

How dare you assume his identity!

I know I’m lucky to be able to do what I love. But I also feel like I let myself be shoved into a box: “J.J. Totah, gay boy.”

When I was really young, growing up in a small town in Northern California, people would just assume I was gay. On the playground, I was the type of kid who wanted to sing with the girls, not play soccer with the boys. Then I found myself playing that role once I got into the entertainment industry,

This is not something that just happened. This is not a choice that I made. When I was five, long before I understood what the word gender meant, I would always tell my mother that I wished I were a girl. Since I could speak in full sentences, I was like, “Give me a dress!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 6, 2020 8:57 PM

There are probably a lot of failed actors on this thread who are outraged that someone could get roles as a male AND a female, when they can’t get any.

FFS, Totah isn’t stealing medals from female athletes or suing to get his junk waxed. Just being successful.

by Anonymousreply 40January 6, 2020 9:30 PM

R40 You are just as mentally ill living in a delusional world making excuses to help you sleep at night. This little queer boy is not cute let alone the Queen B at ANY fucking high school. I thank the Lord that I am still in my right mind. GET YOUR MIND CLEANED UP.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2020 12:40 AM

"dl fave" - ok

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2020 12:41 AM

R18 - in English next time, please

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2020 12:44 AM

R33 That pitch sounds better than any show on NBC right now and any originals slated for Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2020 1:44 AM

R34 and everyone else saying she's cute and feminine enough for the role of a queen bee cheerleader are clearly other trans people who are desperately in denial about the fact that a small, incredibly jewish, incredibly dorky looking girl isn't believable as a queen bee cheerleader. Deep down they know it's true, and that people would react the same way if she was cis, but because the chick happens to be trans it overshadows the part of their brain that tells the truth and makes them inherently supportive, no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2020 1:49 AM

[quote] [R34] and everyone else saying she's cute and feminine enough for the role of a queen bee cheerleader are clearly other trans people who are desperately in denial about the fact that a small, incredibly jewish, incredibly dorky looking girl isn't believable as a queen bee cheerleader. Deep down they know it's true, and that people would react the same way if she was cis, but because the chick happens to be trans it overshadows the part of their brain that tells the truth and makes them inherently supportive, no matter what.

You seem to be really struggling with both English and sanity.

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2020 5:52 AM

R26: She is not bad looking, she simply is not the hot cheerleader type at all

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2020 9:54 AM

HE. The correct SANE pronoun is HE.

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2020 11:40 AM

If they have Josie looking like this......they might be able to pull it off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2020 12:21 PM

Remember it's a sitcom. In sitcoms guys who look like Jerry Seinfeld and George Costanza date hot women. So in sitcom land this 'girl" is considered hot

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2020 12:25 PM

The original sitcom was about an entitled white male, Zack Morris, who got away with everything because he's a white male (yes, I know MPG is part Asian or whatever but Zack Morris was white white white)

The remake should flip this on its head about make Josie's character a TWOC Zack Morris who gets away with everything by whipping out her TWOC status

New Mr Belding: "Josie! Are you telling me you used the 4H Club to front an underground cock-fighting ring?" (audience laughter)

Josie: "Mr. Belding, did you just raise your voice at a TRANS WOMAN OF COLOR?" (audience laughter)

New Mr. Belding: "I'll go clean up the feathers." (audience laughter, applause)

by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2020 12:39 PM

Hollywood, please shit on another beloved IP from my childhood. GMA just interviewed the cast of the new Party of Five. FML

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2020 12:53 PM

Does R51 see the irony in that post?

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2020 1:09 PM

[quote] Hollywood, please shit on another beloved IP from my childhood. GMA just interviewed the cast of the new Party of Five. FML

Is shitting on what was always a pile of shit really that much of a tragedy. Saved By the Bell wasn’t even good enough to make it in prime time.

by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2020 6:09 PM

I'M SO EXCITED

I'M SO EXCITED

I'M...SO..Scared!!!

by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2020 6:44 PM

Anyone who truly believes that it's plausible that the hottest girl in high school who all the straight boys supposedly lust over is a trans kid who lacks a pussy and boobs (real ones) is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 56January 7, 2020 7:55 PM

So a boy steals a girl's job because woke trans. Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 57January 7, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote] Anyone who truly believes that it's plausible that the hottest girl in high school who all the straight boys supposedly lust over is a trans kid who lacks a pussy and boobs (real ones) is an idiot.

Yes it’s definitely not going to be the gritty docudrama that the original Saved By the Bell was.

It’s always interesting to see gays fight so hard to maintain the status quo, a status quo that never benefited us and in many cases harmed us.

by Anonymousreply 58January 7, 2020 9:08 PM

I’m starting to think the anti-trans freaks are bothered because they are closeted trans.

by Anonymousreply 59January 7, 2020 9:17 PM

I imagine we are all supposed to watch it and pretend that he is a girl and that none of the girls and none of the boys realise or care he has a dick. Trans wish fulfilment.

I'm waiting for one of these show to cast a real trans woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 7, 2020 9:25 PM

So brave!

by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2020 9:27 PM

Stunning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 7, 2020 9:29 PM

In what universe is the hottest girl in school supposed to be a dead ringer for Selma Diamond?

by Anonymousreply 63January 7, 2020 9:33 PM

Lol, you weren't kidding, r63

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 7, 2020 9:37 PM

Is this the annoying flamboyant kid from that sitcom with the two hot dads or whatever? Is he trans now? I'm shook.

Is that the M'am dude from the Gamestop meme?

by Anonymousreply 65January 7, 2020 9:42 PM

He's Stuart, from Disney Channel's "Jessie."

Rofl.

I knew he was gay from a very young age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 7, 2020 9:43 PM

Young Selma was pretty enough.

He’s petite, tiny waist. Put some big breast on him and he can be any teen boys dream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 7, 2020 9:45 PM

Looks like Miley Cyrus at first glance in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 68January 7, 2020 9:46 PM

I think Trans people should keep making their own shows, I don't think getting an established IP and changing it completely for woke points will work. Look at Pose, it's a good original show.

Trivia, this kid was the first choice to play Janet in the The Good Place, according to Mike Schur himself.

by Anonymousreply 69January 7, 2020 9:47 PM

Corey Haim in drag.... not so attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 7, 2020 9:48 PM

These trans freaks are getting more representation on television than gay men. Gays spent decades fighting for rights and within the last 10 years, trans piggyback on all our hard work and demand they be the center of everything. This is fucked up and I won’t be watching.

by Anonymousreply 71January 7, 2020 9:50 PM

Isn't Josie Indian? So she is Asian.

by Anonymousreply 72January 7, 2020 9:59 PM

Nope. Josie Totah is Palestinian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 7, 2020 10:01 PM

Is he playing a boy in a dress or is he playing an actual girl?

Is the character female or male?

by Anonymousreply 74January 7, 2020 10:15 PM

Can’t femmy queens just be femmy queens anymore?

by Anonymousreply 75January 7, 2020 10:19 PM

Arab men can be very hawt. As men. But look, the good news is Josie can keep her moustache and still be a convincing Arab woman!

by Anonymousreply 76January 7, 2020 10:24 PM

Also arm and leg hair!

by Anonymousreply 77January 7, 2020 10:33 PM

Hottest girl on campus? This reminds me of that Batman movie where Maggie Gyllenhaal's character was referred to as "the most beautiful woman in Gotham," prompting outbursts of laughter from audiences.

by Anonymousreply 78January 7, 2020 10:40 PM

R59 Your asinine bile doesn't work. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 79January 7, 2020 11:18 PM

R71 SBTB started out as a Saturday morning show on NBC & the Disney Channel.

I doubt your eldergay ass is the target demo.

by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2020 1:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2020 1:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2020 1:50 AM

Does Josie still have a cock?

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2020 1:52 AM

[quote] Does Josie still have a cock?

You're welcome to check and see.

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2020 2:13 AM

R82 The caption for that image is pretty funny. He had a pretty limited career to begin with

by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2020 2:39 AM

"I'm so excited... I'm so exciteeeed!... I'm so... SCARED!"

by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2020 2:52 AM

[QUOTE] Totah will play Lexi, a beautiful, sharp-tongued cheerleader and the most popular girl at Bayside High

Is it supposed to be a high school for the blind?

by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2020 2:56 AM

Looks like Sebastian Croft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2020 3:17 AM

Sometimes I wonder if these media orgs secretly hate trans, because this idea is going to be such a shitshow.

A catty gay boy presented as the popular "hot chick" will be, at best, hilarious, at worst, infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2020 3:21 AM

[quote]A catty gay boy presented as the popular "hot chick" will be, at best, hilarious, at worst, infuriating.

Worse than Kristen Stewart in Charlie's Angels?

by Anonymousreply 90January 8, 2020 3:27 AM

I think this has the potential to be absolutely hilarious to watch (but not in the way the producers want).

by Anonymousreply 91January 8, 2020 3:31 AM

What if she pulls out her penis and tops?

by Anonymousreply 92January 8, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote] The caption for that image is pretty funny. He had a pretty limited career to begin with

He’s only 18.

by Anonymousreply 93January 8, 2020 8:08 AM

It's a canny move. Knew he wasn't going to get a lead as a gay male so went trans

by Anonymousreply 94January 8, 2020 8:26 AM

R51, Zack wasn't just some entitled white male. Don't forget the Very Special Episode that revealed he was Native American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 8, 2020 12:52 PM

R66: Half of the Disney boys give gay vibes (and that being cautious)

by Anonymousreply 96January 8, 2020 1:40 PM

R94: That's absurd. Every gay actor who had work before coming out still has work now, while trans roles are very few.

The fact that trans activist make a show everytime a trans character is played by a non trans actor probably had the effect of shut efectively any project with trans characters from a big studio. And of course it puts a limit on the kind of trans character to play, because you can't show the character pre transition.

Trans characters are limited to very few tv shows and small indie films, and i don't think this is going to change anytime soon.

So it's way easier to find a job like an openly gay actor (specially if you have a good career and reputation behind).

Anyway, the big faliure of the premise is not cast a trans actor, is cast Josie as the queen bee of the high school. It's the type of delusional thinking sometimes HW shows. It's curious that you have most of the time gorgeous girls and boys playing the ugly friend of the main character (when sometimes they are even more handsome than the actor playing the main character) and then you have someone with a very limited attractive playing the hot girl. Sometimes if the actress/actor is good enough and has tons of charisma you can forget that he/she doesn't fit the role at all, but it's always an odd choice.

Josie could be perfect to play the sassy nerdy trans but she doesn't look like the hot cheerleader unlike your vision is failing big time

by Anonymousreply 97January 8, 2020 1:50 PM

r67 that wasn't Selma Diamond.

by Anonymousreply 98January 8, 2020 2:09 PM

R39 in the article you posted, Jazz's brothers look they could be JJ's brothers.

by Anonymousreply 99January 8, 2020 7:42 PM

Jesus Christ, the anti-trans trash on this board is disturbing

by Anonymousreply 100January 8, 2020 8:06 PM

R34, He just looks like a drag queen standing next to that girl. The contrast is a little more obvious when there's bio females present.

by Anonymousreply 101January 8, 2020 8:31 PM

So now FtMs are taking roles from biological women? How very progressive. And everyone is supposed to pretend this person was the most qualified for the role. The Emperors New Clothes come to life.

by Anonymousreply 102January 8, 2020 8:46 PM

R102 FTM's are women pretending to be men, just to clarify. By the way, there's been a disturbing invasion of trans-defenders and trans themselves on this site recently. Anybody else noticed that?

by Anonymousreply 103January 9, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote] [R34], He just looks like a drag queen standing next to that girl. The contrast is a little more obvious when there's bio females present.

As does Skai Jackson’s biological female cast mate Peyton List. Skai Jackson is so tremendously tiny; everyone looks like a big man standing next to her. She is teeny tiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 9, 2020 2:25 AM

RIP to the beautiful Cameron Boyce 😢

by Anonymousreply 105January 9, 2020 2:30 AM

Good for them. Trans people are part of our community

by Anonymousreply 106January 9, 2020 2:37 AM

R106 Maybe yours, honey, but it ain't a part of ours as long as we remain gay men.

by Anonymousreply 107January 9, 2020 3:10 AM

She looks just like a precious moments figurine.

by Anonymousreply 108January 9, 2020 3:17 AM

This now has the potential to be a camp classic. I'll be watching just out of morbid curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 109January 9, 2020 3:49 AM

DL favorite? I don’t think she’s even her mother’s favorite.

by Anonymousreply 110January 9, 2020 4:00 AM

Do you think she'll be cast as the daughter of Jessie and Slater? Or are they just going to be teachers and hang around like Mr. Belding? I'd buy Jessie and Slater having a kid this ugly tbh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 9, 2020 4:27 AM

R100 No actually YOU are disturbing. We are perfectly SANE. Its a boy in a dress. Point blank PERIOD. Bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 112January 9, 2020 5:01 AM

[quote]Why does her head look like a huge potato? Is she the long lost twin of Stewie Griffin?

If by potato, you mean a small, new red, then yeah, because her head is really round and small with a chin added.

by Anonymousreply 113January 9, 2020 5:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 9, 2020 5:45 AM

Boy til he dies

by Anonymousreply 115January 9, 2020 9:41 AM

What's with the weird chin? I guess he's had his face "feminized" but it looks like they removed too much of it.

The trans activists on this board are just mad because the LGB Alliance thread got paywalled, shutting them out becauae they'd never buy a subscription here. They're here to "educate" (read: bully) anyone who dares question the transgenda.

by Anonymousreply 116January 9, 2020 10:12 AM

Here's a good summary of the trans activists working the board;

A thread.

I’ve started to notice a pattern to all these conversations with the Genderists who want women’s stuff.

First they come in all sweet and hurt. Why won’t you just let us pee?

Then if that doesn’t work, they move on to manipulation. TWAAANSPHOBE usually

1/ gets hurled at this point. This will accompany lots of other manipulation techniques where they try to claim they have the high road.

Third comes the rage. Often accompanied by the death threats or the threats to deplatform or get you unemployed.

Last is blocking. 2/ It’s important the Genderists keep their bubble. They must get constant reinforcement for their cult. They will use the word “validation”. They will use terms such as “you are erasing us”.

Do not misunderstand. They are skills manipulators. But it helps when you can 3/ see the games.

Get familiar with DARVO. Deny, Accuse, Reverse Victim and Offender. This will happen. A LOT. They will accuse you of exactly what they are doing. It actually helps understand what they are doing.

4/ For your own sanity, you can just look at as a child’s game of Opposite Day.

They will twist things you’ve said. This is a known time waster. So at that point you are spinning your wheels saying that’s not what I said.

It’s easier to simply point out you see the game. 5/ 6/

1. Bat their eyes and play victim 2. Manipulate with useless conversations, endless discussions about what biology means. 3. Attempts to control with TWAAANSPHOBIA hurled. 4. Rage and death threats 5. Blocking/shunning/evicting 7/.

What you will never see is any acknowledgement of anyone who is being affected by their behavior. The Extreme Genderists are remarkably lacking in empathy. No conversation will ever take anyone else into consideration. They don’t even see you. 8/

You’ll break your back trying to be kind and trying to find a solution that works for both of you. They only seek solutions that work for them.

Once you see these patterns it gets easier not to be swayed by the games and not to be manipulated. 9/

If you feel your heart pounding, that’s you being manipulated. If you find yourself rushing to defend yourself. You are being manipulated. If you are making concessions and receiving zero consideration in return, you are being manipulated. 10/. And if you think all this is crazy, it is. You are not wrong. Do not doubt yourself. You are correct.

Up is not down. Black is not white. The earth is not flat. Men are not women.

by Anonymousreply 117January 9, 2020 10:14 AM

He will always be Joseph Jacob to me.

by Anonymousreply 118January 9, 2020 10:21 AM

R100, what is anti-trans about pointing out that it is entirely implausible for the hottest "girl" in high school to be trans or that guys won't be interested in her?

by Anonymousreply 119January 9, 2020 10:22 AM

Well this shit will be doa!

by Anonymousreply 120January 9, 2020 10:22 AM

Him

by Anonymousreply 121January 9, 2020 10:23 AM

Nope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 9, 2020 10:26 AM

Why do trans women always do exaggerated versions of femininity?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 9, 2020 10:27 AM

He still looks like a Jewish boy in drag.

by Anonymousreply 124January 9, 2020 10:28 AM

R123 because they are crazy effeminate men....

by Anonymousreply 125January 9, 2020 10:29 AM

Needs a nose job. I work at a high school. Trans students are accepted, but they are far from popular.

by Anonymousreply 126January 9, 2020 11:23 AM

R117 And that's it. 👏

by Anonymousreply 127January 9, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote]He still looks like a Jewish boy in drag.

He's Palestinian...hence the ridiculousness of Zionist idiots claims that "they don't belong there."

by Anonymousreply 128January 9, 2020 3:13 PM

Is s/he going to be playing a biological girl or a transgirl?

I think it's fine if he is playing a transgirl.

by Anonymousreply 129January 9, 2020 3:18 PM

R104, I don't think its because she's tiny. Blaire White is pretty small in stature and I thought he looked convincing too until I saw him next to an actual woman. They're not so believable when their around real women.

by Anonymousreply 130January 9, 2020 3:39 PM

R129 I think it is fine if he plays a trans girl but even so he wouldn't be the hot popular head cheerleader. haha. No fucking way. Admired and feared. It's delusional shit.

by Anonymousreply 131January 9, 2020 3:45 PM

R129 S/he's supposed to be believable as a biological girl, and a popular sexy cheerleader and queen bee at that.

by Anonymousreply 132January 9, 2020 3:45 PM

AND a teen model, and dating the hottest boy in the state!

by Anonymousreply 133January 9, 2020 3:49 PM

R123, To be fair I think they're just mimicking what they see from women. Over the top exaggerated femininity like the Kardashians is the current popular trend.

by Anonymousreply 134January 9, 2020 3:51 PM

This just became appointment (train wreck) television for me. Maybe that was their angle here?

by Anonymousreply 135January 9, 2020 3:52 PM

Just like the weird looking big nose trans model on POSE booking campaign after campaign in the 90s! It's fucking Fantasy Island. R134 All they do is mimick.

by Anonymousreply 136January 9, 2020 3:53 PM

It's going to be exactly like the reboot of Heathers where it spends so much time trying to be Woke that it falls flat on its face.

by Anonymousreply 137January 9, 2020 3:53 PM

This will blow more than that faggotry fest Heathers reboot.

When will they learn? No one wants to see catty mincing gays trashing others. That's why they gay bash people.

by Anonymousreply 138January 9, 2020 4:05 PM

The Party of Five reboot is actually really good and believable. Can't say the same about this one.

by Anonymousreply 139January 9, 2020 4:16 PM

R137: Heathers was very problematic from the beginning because it transformed the misfits in bullies. And i barely watched the show but while the original was incredibly funny in their dark humour the new version seemed more cruel than anything else.

And it was a pity because they had a talented cast.

Saved by the bell was a kid's show and frankly i don't think it's going to work even if they do well because times changed a lot.

by Anonymousreply 140January 9, 2020 6:39 PM

Where was Heathers airing?

by Anonymousreply 141January 9, 2020 6:47 PM

[quote] Needs a nose job. I work at a high school. Trans students are accepted, but they are far from popular.

So you believe that the original Saved By the Bell was realistic?

by Anonymousreply 142January 9, 2020 7:44 PM

Paramount Network R141

by Anonymousreply 143January 9, 2020 7:53 PM

R142: No, it wasn't but any of the actors and actress were believable as popular in high school, well, unless Skreech

by Anonymousreply 144January 9, 2020 8:01 PM

“Oh Blossom, you’re so beautiful!”, all over again.

Ultimately, this pushing trans women on straight males as if they were actual women, will be the de facto end of the modern trans equality movement. Straight guys’ dicks are not down for this, whatever names you call them in VICE.

I therefore welcome this development. Let’s get this shit over with.

by Anonymousreply 145January 9, 2020 8:22 PM

wtf is this thing?

by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2020 8:28 PM

[quote] [R142]: No, it wasn't but any of the actors and actress were believable as popular in high school, well, unless Skreech

Now that we’ve acknowledged that the original was a silly sitcom and not a documentary. We can also acknowledge that this conversation about the casting is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 147January 10, 2020 2:26 AM

R147 of course it's stupid, this is the DL. Are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 148January 10, 2020 2:30 AM

R148 Of course they're new here, they're one of the weird pro-trans trolls that have been immigrating here in droves to argue their lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 149January 10, 2020 2:31 AM

[quote] [R148] Of course they're new here, they're one of the weird pro-trans trolls that have been immigrating here in droves to argue their lunacy.

I’ve been here long enough to have seen your idiocy time and time again overwhelmingly rejected. Remember all of your big talk about starting your own website and your idiotic “remove the t” petition. Both were tremendous failures. You were also going to cripple the LGBTQ movement and shut down all of the major organizations by withholding your nonexistent donations. More big talk bullshit. At the end of the day you are useless, powerless, worrisome trolls. You’re like a bad rash that keeps showing up and irritating everyone. Until Muriel finally steps in and shuts you down. So no I’m not new Clayton or whatever you’re called yourself these days, you deranged loser.

by Anonymousreply 150January 10, 2020 8:22 AM

[quote] It's going to be exactly like the reboot of Heathers where it spends so much time trying to be Woke that it falls flat on its face.

There is no great or smart way to reboot that shitty show. Great and smart = not rebooting it at all.

by Anonymousreply 151January 10, 2020 8:27 AM

R150 is the "I've been on DL long enough to remember when specific posters said the trannies were going to be crushed but they're thriving" troll.

Honey, up until a few months ago, every thread that attempted to question the trans lunacy was immediately deleted. The fact that Muriel has abandoned such censorship and that more and more gays are expressing their exasperation with gender ideology suggests something.

by Anonymousreply 152January 10, 2020 8:44 AM

Yeah, it's interesting that there has been a couple of threads recently, out of the blue seemingly, arguing how the separation of the LGB from the T is part of some right wing evangelical conspiracy and must be fought with various posts having a suspiciously large number of ww.

Yes, of course DL has it's regular pro-trans posters but this looked like a little group of trans and their friends had decided to target DL to tell all those gay men (with their yucky transphobic same-sex orientation) how they should be thinking!

by Anonymousreply 153January 10, 2020 8:49 AM

[quote] [R150] is the "I've been on DL long enough to remember when specific posters said the trannies were going to be crushed but they're thriving" troll. Honey, up until a few months ago, every thread that attempted to question the trans lunacy was immediately deleted. The fact that Muriel has abandoned such censorship and that more and more gays are expressing their exasperation with gender ideology suggests something.

“Honey” apparently you’re the one who is new. Muriel started deleting the bullshit only after the board was bombarded with idiot spam. Finally you idiots gave up. Now you’re back again with the same bullshit. “Clayton” was one of the ring leaders. Keep it up so Muriel will be forced to take action again.

by Anonymousreply 154January 10, 2020 9:18 AM

[quote] Yes, of course DL has it's regular pro-trans posters but this looked like a little group of trans and their friends had decided to target DL to tell all those gay men (with their yucky transphobic same-sex orientation) how they should be thinking!

Yes that totally happened (in your deluded mind).

by Anonymousreply 155January 10, 2020 9:21 AM

"Saved by the Bell End"

In tonight's episode, a young man makes a last minute discovery after taking the 'most popular girl in school' cheerleader to bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 10, 2020 10:57 AM

R154/r155 is the idiot poster, but I guess everyone worked that out already.

The funny thing is this poster doesn't even believe that trans women are women.

by Anonymousreply 157January 10, 2020 11:20 AM

[quote] [R154]/[R155] is the idiot poster, but I guess everyone worked that out already. The funny thing is this poster doesn't even believe that trans women are women.

I’ve posted no opinion about transsexuals because frankly I don’t really care about the issue. And all of this outrage (from elderly men) over this silly reboot of a shitty children’s television show is ridiculous.

Having said that. Please do continue your Idiotic crusade. As I stated before. You will soon wear your welcome out and Muriel will once again deal with you.

by Anonymousreply 158January 10, 2020 5:20 PM

R158 fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 159January 10, 2020 6:27 PM

I fully support the trans community. R117 and many others in this thread seem mentally ill and frightened.

by Anonymousreply 160January 10, 2020 6:31 PM

You can support trans people as people who should have the same rights as anyone.

I don't, however, support the "trans women are women" sloganeering or the bullying that trans activists do to try to get what they want - which is an ever-increasing list of demands, more and more ridiculous with each new year.

Biological men will never be women, and vice versa. Biological men should not be competing against women in sporting events.

Gender self-id is stupid at best and dangerous to women at worst. Call yourself what you want, but that does not magically transform you into a different sex or unsexed, and I am not obligated to use your pronouns-du-jour to refer to you.

Real trans just want to live their lives whereas TRAs want attention and behave like spoiled children. They are a combination of the Millennial generation mindset, the Instagram "look at me" mindset, and use pseudo-scientific babble to justify their desires, and bully anyone who doesn't give them what they want.

Enough.

by Anonymousreply 161January 10, 2020 6:44 PM

But R161, an actor playing make-believe is, well, an actor playing make believe. Doesn’t that fall in the “trans people as people who should have the same rights as anyone?” This kid may be attention-seeking, but no more than almost any other actor. I don’t think he’s claiming that non-trans actors shouldn’t play trans roles.

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote at R161. But I don’t see what most of it has to do with this kid.

This kid may be on the ugly side for the role. Ok. That may be related to being trans, but it’s kind of tangential. The outrage over this casting seems mean-spirited to me.

by Anonymousreply 162January 10, 2020 6:57 PM

He still looks like a plain jewish boy.

by Anonymousreply 163January 10, 2020 8:39 PM

[quote] I pretty much agree with everything you wrote at [R161]. But I don’t see what most of it has to do with this kid. This kid may be on the ugly side for the role. Ok. That may be related to being trans, but it’s kind of tangential. The outrage over this casting seems mean-spirited to me.

It doesn’t have anything to do with this kid being cast. These lunatics run around from thread to thread attempting to have this same argument. Most people just don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 164January 10, 2020 9:45 PM

I just don’t see that on this thread. I’ve seen it on others, but those posters seem to be in the minority.

by Anonymousreply 165January 10, 2020 9:55 PM

She's just not believable as a super hot popular girl. Trans people really hate taking criticism, and they hate being told they aren't all gorgeous super models, but she isn't. She's dorky looking. Just accept it and move on. We can't all be Kelly Kapowski. Some of us have to accept ourselves as Screech.

by Anonymousreply 166January 10, 2020 10:10 PM

R150, pipe the fuck down. Somewhere a front hole needs dilating. Get to it.

by Anonymousreply 167January 11, 2020 2:39 AM

[quote] We can't all be Kelly Kapowski. Some of us have to accept ourselves as Screech.

Nor should we all want to be. Beauty standards vary and change over time. Again why fight to uphold standards and traditions that don’t benefit us.

by Anonymousreply 168January 11, 2020 2:52 AM

He still looks like a nerdy, friendless Jewish boy, with an obvious mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 169January 11, 2020 2:52 AM

Totah dooms the new Saved By the Bell. Any bets on how soon it will be cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 170January 11, 2020 3:05 AM

[quote] Totah dooms the new Saved By the Bell. Any bets on how soon it will be cancelled?

As soon as it would have been no matter who the cast because reboots are garbage 🗑

by Anonymousreply 171January 11, 2020 3:08 AM

R164 it was posted because of the "why don't you just respect their pronouns" pleas above. The thread goes where the thread goes. Stop trying to police it just because you don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 172January 11, 2020 3:13 AM

R168 no one is doing any fighting. They are complaining on the Internet. As you are.

by Anonymousreply 173January 11, 2020 3:14 AM

R168 Tiffani Thiesen’s beauty is still beauty In 2020

by Anonymousreply 174January 11, 2020 3:16 AM

R174 no no, beauty has changed!

by Anonymousreply 175January 11, 2020 3:16 AM

R158, I'm a woman, a real one, not an imaginary one. And like I said, even you don't believe trans women are women.

Lol at your censorship threats. Muriel realised that the gays are sick to death of the tranny propaganda that's being forced on us and no longer tries to shut down debate.

by Anonymousreply 176January 11, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote] [R158], I'm a woman, a real one, not an imaginary one. And like I said, even you don't believe trans women are women. Lol at your censorship threats. Muriel realised that the gays are sick to death of the tranny propaganda that's being forced on us and no longer tries to shut down debate.

You're a woman so you know that you're detested by the same bigots with which you're attempting to curry favor.

Muriel initially took no action until, your sheer lunacy forced her had. The daily spamming of the board aggravated most everyone. It was just too much. We've already been down this road. You wackadoodles are entitled to your opinions but you take it way too far. Most of us just don't care one way or the other. You're going to wear your welcome out again.

by Anonymousreply 177January 11, 2020 4:18 AM

R177 loves to keep posting like she knows Muriel's thought process. I hate to use the word "Karen", but it totally fits here.

by Anonymousreply 178January 11, 2020 2:02 PM

Has Totah been castrated yet or are his balls still present?

by Anonymousreply 179January 11, 2020 5:12 PM

Has the new Zack Morris been cast yet or is Totah supposed to be the lead?

by Anonymousreply 180January 11, 2020 7:01 PM

Totah is the lead

by Anonymousreply 181January 11, 2020 7:02 PM

R179 The fact that people ask that as a legitimate question shows how fucking insane the trannys are. Leave children the fuck alone ya mental cuntless wonders.

by Anonymousreply 182January 11, 2020 7:04 PM

The anti trans people that post here are very liberal, pro gay, and mostly educated. I think pro trans is a minority opinion on DL, which isn't to say everyone else is anti. A lot of people just don't care, or support trans people but not their lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 183January 11, 2020 7:04 PM

It's quite fascinating as the trans people are waging their own silent war with the non binaries. I recall Jordan Peterson saying he got a lot of letters from trans people who didn't want to assume new pronouns but be known by their preferred gender.

by Anonymousreply 184January 11, 2020 7:08 PM

Contrapoints got "cancelled" and had to leave Twitter for awhile, all because the non-binaries were enraged at a comment of not wanting to have to ask everyone's pronouns all the time.

by Anonymousreply 185January 11, 2020 7:14 PM

[quote] The anti trans people that post here are very liberal, pro gay, and mostly educated.

Yes anonymous strangers on the internet who share your opinions are whatever you say they are or want them to be.

[quote] I think pro trans is a minority opinion on DL, which isn't to say everyone else is anti.

I believe most are neutral and just prefer not to be inundated with the obsessive bullshit you people drag around.

[quote] A lot of people just don't care, or support trans people but not their lifestyle.

Yes most gays are totally interested in policing the “lifestyle” of others and recategorizing trans as a “lifestyle” is also a smart move for us.

by Anonymousreply 186January 11, 2020 7:35 PM

R186 Oh blah blah. DL has always been aware the trannys have no clothes, are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 187January 11, 2020 7:38 PM

[quote] [R186] Oh blah blah. DL has always been aware the trannys have no clothes, are you new here?

Yawnnnn . . . .

by Anonymousreply 188January 11, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]Lol at your censorship threats. Muriel realised that the gays are sick to death of the tranny propaganda that's being forced on us and no longer tries to shut down debate.

Preach

by Anonymousreply 189January 11, 2020 8:14 PM

[quote] Yes anonymous strangers on the internet who share your opinions are whatever you say they are or want them to be.

This may be news to you, but you can actually block people here and see their posting history so it's very easy to identify one's political opinion by following it.

The poster is right on the money, most of us tired of the Transtapo are well educated, liberal gays. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 190January 11, 2020 8:20 PM

I blocked the trans troll, who's also been starting shit on the Boy George thread, and when he's not busy doing that he's starting race shit on other threads. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 191January 11, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote] This may be news to you, but you can actually block people here and see their posting history so it's very easy to identify one's political opinion by following it. The poster is right on the money, most of us tired of the Transtapo are well educated, liberal gays. STFU.

I don’t need to block anyone. Apparently you do.

Again the issue with you lunatics is you always make a nuisance out of yourselves.

[quote] I blocked the trans troll, who's also been starting shit on the Boy George thread, and when he's not busy doing that he's starting race shit on other threads. Ew.

1. I’m not trans nor am I a troll.

2. I’ve started nothing.

3. Surprise Surprise you’re also a racist idiot.

You honestly believe all of this over the top bullshit over a silly television reboot than no one will watch is somehow reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 192January 11, 2020 8:32 PM

I don’t know one liberal or well educated Anti-trans person. Just because you say are doesn’t make it so. You anti trans people have mental health problems

by Anonymousreply 193January 11, 2020 8:35 PM

I don't block anyone either as I'm not a 4 year old. What I clearly meant was that there is a way to learn what a person's inclinations are based on their posting and the only way to do it here is blocking someone to have access to their posting history.

You're either an imbecile or a troll if you didn't get that.

by Anonymousreply 194January 11, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote] I don't block anyone either as I'm not a 4 year old. What I clearly meant was that there is a way to learn what a person's inclinations are based on their posting and the only way to do it here is blocking someone to have access to their posting history. You're either an imbecile or a troll if you didn't get that.

Clearly you are a four yr old and you’re continuing to have tantrums. I’m pretty sure most of are well aware of how Datalounge works. You sound like you are extremely angry and completely miserable. I’m sorry about that. I hope things get better.

by Anonymousreply 195January 11, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote] Clearly you are a four yr old and you’re continuing to have tantrums. I’m pretty sure most of are well aware of how Datalounge works. You sound like you are extremely angry and completely miserable. I’m sorry about that. I hope things get better.

Not really. You're just projecting your bullshit as always grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 196January 11, 2020 9:08 PM

That boy should have been told it was ok to be a sissy, to sing with the girls, to play with makeup, and still grow up to be a man and find another man to fall in love. I doubt that option was considered by a family of his ethnic/religious background.

by Anonymousreply 197January 11, 2020 9:13 PM

What religious background? I couldn't find anything about this kid. Some say he's Jewish, some that he's Muslim.

His wiki says nothing about it, only that he's Palestinian.

by Anonymousreply 198January 11, 2020 9:20 PM

R198

If he’s Palestinian, he’s either Christian or Muslim. I haven’t heard of a single Arab Jewish Israeli who embraces their former country of origin as part of their ethnic identity. Often Arab Jews are the most anti-Palestinian in Israel since they know what it’s like to be a Jew in a Muslim majority country.

by Anonymousreply 199January 12, 2020 12:17 AM

So the most popular girl in school is a MTF trans Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 200January 12, 2020 3:34 AM

An MTF trans Muslim is like the Holy Grail for SJWs.

by Anonymousreply 201January 12, 2020 3:55 AM

God I fucking hate ignorant, hateful, republican posters

by Anonymousreply 202January 12, 2020 3:57 AM

It uses its eyelashes the same way a tarantula uses its urticating hairs.

by Anonymousreply 203January 12, 2020 4:00 AM

Ugly boy.

by Anonymousreply 204January 12, 2020 4:25 AM

[quote] That boy should have been told it was ok to be a sissy, to sing with the girls, to play with makeup, and still grow up to be a man and find another man to fall in love. I doubt that option was considered by a family of his ethnic/religious background.

Well, in this case, I think he was. Because he was an openly gay pre-teen and teen actor. Somewhere along the line he got it into his head that he should jump on the trans bandwagon in order to get more attention because he saw how limiting being an incredibly effeminate gay male would be for his career. He probably brainwashed himself into thinking he could actually pass and that with this new woke society, he'd start getting all the roles Mila Kunis used to.

by Anonymousreply 205January 12, 2020 8:13 PM

[quote] Well, in this case, I think he was. Because he was an openly gay pre-teen and teen actor. Somewhere along the line he got it into his head that he should jump on the trans bandwagon in order to get more attention because he saw how limiting being an incredibly effeminate gay male would be for his career. He probably brainwashed himself into thinking he could actually pass and that with this new woke society, he'd start getting all the roles Mila Kunis used to.

Well certainly a big, strong, strapping, virile man with a strong square jaw, broad shoulders and big feet, like Josie has cannot pass as a woman. Although he actually has none of that and he is none of that. He’s a tiny man with a very petite body and a small kind of cherub like face.

He has the type of natural overt femininity that many gays despise. Therefore he’s resented as both a gay man and a trans woman. He can’t win.

by Anonymousreply 206January 12, 2020 9:07 PM

What is that in OP’s pic?

by Anonymousreply 207January 12, 2020 9:26 PM

[quote] What is that in OP’s pic?

He looks a lot like Nicole Richie. Whom no one would claim looks masculine or anything like a man. Most people consider her to be relatively attractive. To pretend that he just so hideous or he can’t pass is disingenuously absurd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 12, 2020 9:38 PM

r208 He looks like a boy you lying cuntll

by Anonymousreply 209January 12, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote] Well certainly a big, strong, strapping, virile man with a strong square jaw, broad shoulders and big feet, like Josie has cannot pass as a woman. Although he actually has none of that and he is none of that. He’s a tiny man with a very petite body and a small kind of cherub like face.

And he still can't pass.

[quote] He has the type of natural overt femininity that many gays despise. Therefore he’s resented as both a gay man and a trans woman. He can’t win.

I wasn't condemning him for being overtly effeminate, just commenting that he'd taken it as far as he could in his career, which is acting. Sorry if that bothers you, but there aren't a lot of roles being written for annoying, flamboyant, loud gay boys. And I'm sure no actor wants to make a career of playing them.

by Anonymousreply 210January 12, 2020 10:31 PM

If you're an effeminate gay man and you can't play any roles other than effeminate gay men you aren't an actor.

by Anonymousreply 211January 12, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] Sorry if that bothers you, but there aren't a lot of roles being written for annoying, flamboyant, loud gay boys. And I'm sure no actor wants to make a career of playing them.

[quote] If you're an effeminate gay man and you can't play any roles other than effeminate gay men you aren't an actor.

Sir, trust me I’m not bothered by any of the nonsense posted here. Miserable, angry, bitter lunatics lashing out at the world, doing what you folks do best. Now you’re attacking his skills as an actor. All of this rage directed at this 18 yr old is so unnecessary. However, if it makes you feel a little better about your own miserable life. More power to you.

I wish this 18 yr old actor well.

by Anonymousreply 212January 12, 2020 11:52 PM

R211 You're right. Anyone seen Chris Colfer lately?

by Anonymousreply 213January 13, 2020 12:02 AM

I know effeminate actors who can play straight, they get jobs. Unfortunately those who can't really limit their chances but things are changing. There's that Asian fem on Superstore and the gays on Ryan Murphy's shows, I don't know. World is changing,

by Anonymousreply 214January 13, 2020 6:10 AM

I was curious about Colfer after R213 and was happy to find he has moved to behind the scenes and had even written a NY Best selling YA novel series. Good for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215January 13, 2020 6:16 AM

Very disappointed that Colfer didn't write a gay character as the protagonist of his novel. The boy is actually straight. Bummer. He wrote LGBT characters on a "companion book" and that actually infuriates me.

If gays don't write their stories with the protagonists mirroring them, who will?

[quote] Will we see LGBT characters in The Land of Stories?

There already are LGBT characters in The Land of Stories. I guess I just haven’t made their orientation a part of the plot yet.

What a fucking coward. Sorry totally off topic.

by Anonymousreply 216January 13, 2020 6:28 AM

Colfer wanted that straight cash for his books.

by Anonymousreply 217January 13, 2020 6:32 AM

I don't blame Colfer. He's young and relatively new to writing and he's scared about leaning too closely to the gay angle because it could potentially dash any future he has with writing YA. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be the kind of gay guy that makes everything in his life about homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 218January 13, 2020 7:47 AM

Writing a gay protagonist is not making everything about homosexuality. Why wouldn't a gay writer create gay protagonists is beyond me, it's like asking why straights wouldn't write their protagonists straight which they always do. It takes no more effort to make his protagonist gay as him. It changes little to nothing to the story, yet it makes people see themselves in it.

by Anonymousreply 219January 13, 2020 7:56 AM

R208 you might be able to find a couple of still shots where Totah has a hint of Nicole Richie, but Richie is exceptionally petite in body size and shape (even by average woman standards) and well, not male. I doubt they look anything alike when placed side by side.

by Anonymousreply 220January 13, 2020 8:22 AM

Totah looks about as much like Nicole Richie as I do Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 221January 13, 2020 11:24 AM

Totah looks about as much like Nicole Richie as I do Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 222January 13, 2020 11:24 AM

Torah is resplendent in her beauty. She looks like a young Cyd Charisse. She's going places, that one!

by Anonymousreply 223January 13, 2020 11:30 AM

Is she Tori's child?

by Anonymousreply 224January 13, 2020 12:04 PM

That nose... she has to do something about it.

by Anonymousreply 225January 13, 2020 12:08 PM

Colfer books are for kids (at least the first ones) so i doubt there's any sexuality on display on the books, no matter if its gay or straight.

I know he recicled himself successfully, but it's a pity he doesn't act because he can act (unlike some Glee fellows)

by Anonymousreply 226January 13, 2020 1:45 PM

R226 he can act like a mincing queen, because he is. That's not really acting.

by Anonymousreply 227January 13, 2020 4:44 PM

As Rubashov put it on the fifth day of imprisonment in Koestler's Darkness at Noon, "The revolutionary sells their soul to the devil, hoping for the absolution of history."

by Anonymousreply 228January 13, 2020 5:01 PM

Trans or not, it's too ugly for TV.

by Anonymousreply 229January 13, 2020 5:03 PM

LOL @R228 posting that in every thread. WTF

by Anonymousreply 230January 13, 2020 5:04 PM

R227: You don't even know what acting is

by Anonymousreply 231January 13, 2020 5:06 PM

R241 I invented acting.

by Anonymousreply 232January 13, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote]So the most popular girl in school is a MTF trans Muslim.

Dumbass, Palestinians are both Christian and Muslim.

He "looks Jewish" because genuinely stupid people or outright liars with an agenda who want to deny the existence of Palestinian,s can't accept that Palestinians actually do belong there and they're the original Semites who have always been there. Many of whom are undoubtedly the original Hebrews. I'm half Palestinian Christian and I get mistaken for Israeli all of the time.

by Anonymousreply 233January 13, 2020 5:13 PM

R232 -- "R241?" Have you been driving the DeLorean again?

by Anonymousreply 234January 13, 2020 5:19 PM

I agree with your sentiments, r233, but:

[quote]Many of whom are undoubtedly the original Hebrews.

This is pushing it a little too far. The ancestors of the Jews seem to have been nomads, possible a tribe called the Habiru, and not the settled Philistines/Peleset/Palestinians. It seems clear both sides saw the other as very distinct, separate tribes.

by Anonymousreply 235January 13, 2020 5:22 PM

R235, fucking is fucking. Every group has fucked at some point, that's why so many Israelis and Palestinians look alike.

by Anonymousreply 236January 13, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote] so i doubt there's any sexuality on display on the books, no matter if its gay or straight.

You're wrong, the characters express their sexualities like any other kids do. In fact one of twins, the boy ends up marrying a woman as an adult.

[quote] Palestinians actually do belong there and they're the original Semites who have always been there.

They're not, Jews were. As a matter of fact many semitic Muslims are just Jewish converts, more so in Palestine than anywhere else. Many Yishuv Jews are/were Palestinians.

by Anonymousreply 237January 13, 2020 5:46 PM

And what's the problem with a male character on a kid's book marrying a woman?

by Anonymousreply 238January 13, 2020 5:50 PM

I think there's some people here with vision issues if they are fooled about sex by some heavy make up. Get to an optometrist asap.

No shit, younger trans people with a teen figure and looks, will "pass" somewhat, but that's only because a lot of young people get away with being androgynous in appearance until they grow into their full adult bodies. So, sure, some young men, through the use makeup, feminine clothing, and sometimes hair, will of course get away with looking female-ish for awhile, better than men older than 30, but only for so long. Take away the decoration paint and it's even more apparent.

It's not trans roles that are a problem either, it's the pandering and ass kissing about how the person is so attractive, talented, or whatever, because being trans have been made trendy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239January 13, 2020 5:53 PM

Looks like Joshua Rush. Is Rush sephardic?

by Anonymousreply 240January 13, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]They're not, Jews were. As a matter of fact many semitic Muslims are just Jewish converts, more so in Palestine than anywhere else. Many Yishuv Jews are/were Palestinians.

Sweetie, that's my point. Converts. We are all a mix of something over thousands of years. None of us is "pure." So when Roseanne shows up and on day one gets more rights than some old Palestinian woman, that is in fact a disgrace. Roseanne shouldn't have more claim just because she's a Jew *today*

I get mistaken all of the time for Israeli BY JEWS. I'm only half-Palestinian and I get it. Why do you think that is? The point is that Palestinians have always been there on that land. This nonsense that the land was ever only occupied by Jews whoa re Jewish TODAY is ludicrous to anyone without a political agenda. Genetic material doesn't give a shit about your ideology.

by Anonymousreply 241January 13, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote] And what's the problem with a male character on a kid's book marrying a woman?

None. We're here talking about a gay writer who pays lip service to representation all the time yet won't write one in his book series. Simple as that. He could have made his protagonist gay and marrying a man. He didn't. He's a coward and please spare me the excuse gays shouldn't have to write themselves in books. Every straight writer writes about themselves in books. so that won't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 242January 13, 2020 6:01 PM

I'm not surprised Jazz was mentioned either, with how similar they seem to look, except for weight. I can't understand supporting a movement with gems like "get me dress" being a good reason for making children medical dependents for life.

Who ever thought parents would be rushing young boys in for "sex changes" over stuff like expressing interest in feminine clothing. This is regressive shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243January 13, 2020 6:02 PM

Didn't Mario Lopez tweet that he wouldn't approve of his kids being trans? That's awkward that he's now going to be in a show with a trans in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 244January 13, 2020 6:09 PM

He's been pretty against letting kids transition in the past

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 13, 2020 6:15 PM

R242: God, some of you are really dense. It's a fucking kids book. And there's absolutely no problem with gay writers having straight main character and straight writers having gay main characters.

That's the big advantage of being a writer you can do everything you want. It's literature not activism

by Anonymousreply 246January 13, 2020 6:17 PM

R245, which is ironic because he's looking a bit "softer" in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 247January 13, 2020 6:17 PM

Are we sure she is the lead?

This kind of shows rely on girl viewers so basically they need a hot boy to make the show work

by Anonymousreply 248January 13, 2020 6:18 PM

R244: "Didn't Mario Lopez tweet that he wouldn't approve of his kids being trans? That's awkward that he's now going to be in a show with a trans in the lead."

No that's not what he said, that's what it was twisted as to dogpile him for not falling in line.

He basically said toddlers shouldn't be thrown into being gendered by their parents. To just let them be kids at that age. He's right, any parent claiming their 2 year old is trans, should be looked at with a lot of suspicion. They are no different than that abusive, grifter mother of Gypsy Rose.

My guess is that he took the job because 1, it's a payday, and 2, he didn't grovel enough yet.

by Anonymousreply 249January 13, 2020 6:18 PM

[quote] That's the big advantage of being a writer you can do everything you want. It's literature not activism

Then don't make your public persona about whining for lack of representation, how about that? He was that kind of celebrity then when it came the time to do it, he didn't. That's my point.

by Anonymousreply 250January 13, 2020 6:21 PM

Besides all the other glaring issues with the mainstream trans movement (note; I'm specifically pointing at the loud obnoxious "activists" leading the charge, not at all trans people), the biggest one is the targeting of minors, then downplaying the major, sometimes lifelong side effects of serious medications and surgeries.

Previous studies showed that the majority of children with body dysphoria recovered post puberty with no medical intervention (drugs and surgery.) Over 80% in fact. They like to gloss over how many of the children tended to be LGB.

Young people should socially shake up gender expectations. There's nothing wrong with that at all. Medical intervention of this severity for young people is what is wrong, and the media is pushing along the propaganda that it's okay to medically alter minors.

They throw a couple of somewhat "passing" mouthpieces at the public, combined with the undercurrent of homophobia that never went away, and presto! You have narcissistic parents on it like flies on shit, especially with all the kudos and attention for being such an enlightened parent.

by Anonymousreply 251January 13, 2020 6:34 PM

[bold]‘Saved by the Bell’ Sequel Series at Peacock Rounds Out Main Cast[/bold]

[quote]Haskiri Velazquez, Mitchell Hoog, Alycia Pascual-Pena, and Belmont Cameli will all star in the series. They join previously announced series lead Josie Totah as well as John Michael Higgins, who will play the principal of Bayside High. Original series stars Mario Lopez, Elizabeth Berkley, and Mark-Paul Gosselaar are attached to appear in addition to serving as executive producers.

Character breakdown in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252January 28, 2020 2:10 AM

Pick a gender!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 28, 2020 2:32 AM

R11 I pissed all over myself

by Anonymousreply 254January 28, 2020 2:33 AM

If they want to be fair, one of the hot guys better be gay.

by Anonymousreply 255January 28, 2020 4:36 AM

I bet every episode will play like a Very Special Episode.

Haskiri Velazquez plays Daisy, a smart, ambitious sophomore who is excited at the prospect of attending Bayside High after her local school gets shut down.

Hoog plays Mac Morris, the handsome, charming, privileged son of Governor Zack Morris.

Pascual-Pena plays Aisha, Daisy’s fun-loving, but ultracompetitive best friend. She grew up playing on boys’ sports teams and causes a stir when she tries to play football at Bayside.

Cameli plays Jamie Spano, the captain of the Bayside football team and Jessie’s sensitive man-child son.

In the new “Saved by the Bell,” California governor Zack Morris (Gosselaar) gets into hot water for closing too many low-income high schools and proposes they send the affected students to the highest performing schools in the state, including Bayside High. The influx of new students gives the overprivileged Bayside kids a much needed and hilarious dose of reality.

by Anonymousreply 256January 28, 2020 4:44 AM

Just because she’s trans it does t automatically make her hot. The actress who plays Angel on pose is absolutely gorgeous for example but I don’t buy this strange looking chick as a popular cheerleader. She looks like an average girl.

by Anonymousreply 257January 28, 2020 4:48 AM

Who cares about this trans shit. They're making ZACK MORRIS the... GOVERNOR??? And *of course* he'd close low-income schools!!

Oh boy, this show has more issues than convincing the audience that Josie Totah is a hot cheerleader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258January 28, 2020 5:08 AM

惡性流感協會

by Anonymousreply 259January 28, 2020 9:00 AM

Self loathing gay boy

by Anonymousreply 260January 28, 2020 9:10 AM

Oh, Christ, another self-appointed expert proclaiming some nobody a “DL fave.” Do you even read the threads on this site, OP?

by Anonymousreply 261January 28, 2020 9:47 AM

He's no uglier than many bepussied people you f*gs call "stunning" such as that FUG Chloe Sevigny. But because you have internalized society's heteronormative values, you say Josie is Gross but those sagging betittied creatures are "gorgeous".

by Anonymousreply 262January 28, 2020 10:02 AM

“You f*gs,” R262? Please help yourself to this complimentary F&F, and countless others yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 263January 28, 2020 10:08 AM

Poor R262 is fading out. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 264January 28, 2020 8:34 PM

R262, if anything is reflective of heternormativity, it's Josie's internalised homophobia and superficial notion of what a woman is (which he isn't).

by Anonymousreply 265January 28, 2020 8:38 PM

New kids are all fug in addition to Josie.

by Anonymousreply 266January 28, 2020 9:13 PM

I wonder who Jesse's baby daddy is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 28, 2020 9:33 PM

R266 Disagree, the guys are both hot.

by Anonymousreply 268January 28, 2020 9:44 PM

That bitch is ugly

by Anonymousreply 269January 28, 2020 11:22 PM

The girls have to be fug r266, because Josie is the hottest one. It's in the script !

by Anonymousreply 270January 29, 2020 10:23 AM

Here it is cunts. Bitch out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 16, 2020 6:07 AM

Josie is fug.

by Anonymousreply 272April 16, 2020 7:37 AM

Looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 273April 16, 2020 1:56 PM

Did i miss Josie in the trailer??

by Anonymousreply 274April 16, 2020 3:50 PM

Well, here it is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 16, 2020 4:25 PM

Gawd, it looks terrible. If those were the highlights of the show, I'd hate to see the rest. Nothing remotely funny.

I know the original was far from high art, but it had its moments and more importantly some charm.

by Anonymousreply 276April 16, 2020 8:08 PM

Don’t forget heart r28. It had HEART.

by Anonymousreply 277April 16, 2020 8:36 PM

[quote] Gawd, it looks terrible. If those were the highlights of the show, I'd hate to see the rest. Nothing remotely funny. I know the original was far from high art, but it had its moments and more importantly some charm.

The original was garbage. Even as a kid, I knew that. It ran on Sat morning, for gods sake. The original was garbage. The remake will be garbage.

by Anonymousreply 278April 16, 2020 8:40 PM

Pukes

by Anonymousreply 279April 16, 2020 11:44 PM

[quote]Did i miss Josie in the trailer??

She was the one with the tacky long blonde wig looking like she just came from staging HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH.

by Anonymousreply 280April 16, 2020 11:47 PM

I was in middle school at the time the original was popular and didn't watch it because even at 13 I thought the show was a stupid piece of shit. I think the main audience for Saved By the Bell were really sheltered kids who had fundie Xtian parents. Same with Full House. The normal kids didn't bother with these shows.

by Anonymousreply 281April 17, 2020 12:09 AM

They sure as hell did, R281. There's no hope with dope, so stop smoking it.

Are all the "even as a teenager I knew it was shit" posts the same person?

by Anonymousreply 282April 17, 2020 12:25 AM

[quote] They sure as hell did, [R281]. There's no hope with dope, so stop smoking it. Are all the "even as a teenager I knew it was shit" posts the same person?

We watched but knew we were watching trash. And if you didn’t have cable; you didn’t have a lot of options.

by Anonymousreply 283April 17, 2020 9:31 PM

The orginal was mindless entertainment, it was innocent fun that never took itself seriously. This looks like a trainwreck.

by Anonymousreply 284April 17, 2020 9:38 PM

I'm not watching this unless we have a gay male character, preferably a hot one.

by Anonymousreply 285April 18, 2020 4:23 AM

Jesus, they stuck Totah in the back of the room for his one clip and you could still tell it was a boy in .5 seconds flat.

by Anonymousreply 286April 18, 2020 4:28 AM

He's a boy in drag. Bad drag

by Anonymousreply 287April 18, 2020 4:29 AM

Ugly men make ugly women duh.

by Anonymousreply 288April 18, 2020 4:56 AM

Trans folks make up .6% of the population. But every network and streaming service now has this absurd woke-quotient of trans characters in their shows. It's fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 289April 18, 2020 5:03 AM

It’s FOLX r289

by Anonymousreply 290April 18, 2020 5:37 AM

[quote] The orginal was mindless entertainment, it was innocent fun that never took itself seriously. This looks like a trainwreck.

That’s a very kind way of saying it was garbage.

by Anonymousreply 291April 19, 2020 5:41 PM

Will the show acknowledge the character as trans or will they pretend that this character is a biological female?

by Anonymousreply 292April 19, 2020 6:47 PM

They probably won't acknowledge it either way R292

by Anonymousreply 293April 19, 2020 6:53 PM

I'm late to the party, but here goes...

R281 Both shows were huge! And SBTB sold a ton of merchandise (e.g., novelizations, board games, sheets/blankets) and spawned several hit TV films. Also, the show was made for tweens (despite its high school setting), which is why it originally aired on Saturday mornings, alongside cartoons. The College Years failed because it aired on prime time and couldn't compete with more adult-oriented shows.

by Anonymousreply 294May 12, 2020 8:13 AM

Here it is. What say you DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295August 10, 2020 10:31 PM

They leaned HEAVILY on the nostalgia factor in that promo. They are clearly appealing to old fans of the original shows.

Presumably Josie is playing a biological woman?

by Anonymousreply 296August 11, 2020 12:05 AM

I'll just fast forward through all the trans scenes

by Anonymousreply 297August 11, 2020 12:42 AM

Looks shitty and I am so done with all the tranny garbage. Was JJ Totah even given proper advice before he started taking unnatural amounts of hormones/and physically altered?

And ouch on what happened to Eizabeth Berkley.

by Anonymousreply 298August 11, 2020 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!