Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michelle Williams's 2020 Golden Globe speech

Not only did she look and speak in her usual glass-eyed Stepford wife fashion, but she didn't even mention the series for which she won the award, nor her fellow cast members or the director; she starts out the speech by saying she is glad that she is "recognized for her choices" before going into an abortion diatribe and trying to tie into the success of her career—which, good for her—but an odd choice?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 24, 2021 5:02 PM

she could've gone her whole life and nobody would've ever known she had an abortion except for her, the doctor, and God

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2020 7:16 AM

Especially when playing a woman who submits to the will of her partner.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2020 7:18 AM

God who? Which one?

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2020 7:18 AM

She's so pale with ruddy pink skin and she's always got that bleached out platinum hair and wears yellow or cantaloupe or mustard gowns. Does she own a fucking stylist? Does he have access to a mirror? She has a look she goes for I guess. Like a science photo of some intestinal parasite.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2020 7:27 AM

The plastic surgery isn't a good look for her. The weirdness is precedented, though, she's had severe issues since her complete breakdown after Heath died. Since his death she's seemed mentally not there, like she checked out.

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2020 7:28 AM

The plastic surgery isn't a good look for her. The weirdness is precedented, though, she's had severe issues since her complete breakdown after Heath died. Since his death she's seemed mentally not there, like she checked out.

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2020 7:28 AM

Would it have hurt her to thank the writers, directors, or, you know, Gwen Verdon?

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2020 7:28 AM

She keeps her hair short because that's how Heath liked it. I remember her wearing a yellow gown when she attended an awards show with Heath. Michelle can't get over a man who's been dead for 12 years.

by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2020 7:33 AM

Watching her do anything is heartbreaking. She really needs to retire and seek some help. Heath's death broke her but she refuses to acknowledge that she's broken. I really hope she seeks treatment before all of that trauma turns itself into substance abuse, or worse.

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2020 7:39 AM

All those reaction shots of Busy Phillips "crying" were nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2020 7:43 AM

What the fuck are you going on about R9? Her bad hair and dresses and droopy eyes are just her own sad look. She always looks better in character, even as a witch. She just has terrible taste. Michele is over potato face Ledger. She's had many men since then and a few abortions. You don't take on the complex projects she has if you're not ambitious or unable to function. She's very talented and terminally dull. That's why Keith did drugs with the Olsen twins. They seemed lively by comparison to Michelle Yellow Williams. Wearing yellow is a privilege.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2020 7:45 AM

Michelle Pfeiffer looks like she's about to have a stroke in this clip

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2020 7:55 AM

I fucking loved the speech. Everyone was unhinged tonight. Loved that.

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2020 7:57 AM

R11 You're an idiot if you think that the only man she ever truly loved and the father of her children dying suddenly of an overdose not long after they separated didn't seriously fuck her up. He was mixing drugs he had been prescribed due to a plethora of mental issues, issues she'd helped him through since they met and continued to until his death. If you don't think that was insurmountably traumatic for her, you're either dumb or crazy or both.

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2020 8:01 AM

Don't care about the Golden Globes. Thought she was good in Fosse/Verdon. Never understood her marriage to Phil Elvrum.

But really...is she that much weirder than most actresses? Show folk are strange.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2020 8:03 AM

I just assume that most actresses have had an abortion. It's no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2020 8:05 AM

OP is a misogynist moron and a right wing bible humping shill. Back to LSA you fucking scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2020 8:13 AM

Same ugly dress. Who's the dude?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2020 8:20 AM

I assumed Verdon had aborted Fosse’s baby and she was making a point that was tied to the role for which she had won.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2020 8:51 AM

Her recent scandal was eye opening. She and Heath were separated for a year or so before he died. She broke his relationship with Naomi Watts. And her divorce is a mess. Men were cancelled for less.

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2020 9:41 AM

I don't buy that Heath's death "broke" her. That kind of thing doesn't happen in real life. She was screwed-up long before Heath was even in the picture (she's openly discussed her self-esteem/self-image issues in the past).

Heath, who had a habit of fucking his costars, was planning on Michelle just being another casual on-set fling, but of course the bunnyboiler got knocked up in an attempt to trap him.

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2020 10:29 AM

This pic was taken 4 months before Heath died, while he was dropping his daughter off at the airport so she could join her mother.

Kind of depressing knowing that this is her very last time spent with daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2020 10:41 AM

She's such a bland actress, I don't understand how she gets work. She is nothing like Gwen verdon and i found it bizarre that she would get get cast in that role, much like the bizarre casting of her as Marilyn Monroe. Someone must've been off their meds when they suggested her for either role.

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2020 10:55 AM

R23 Williams is a very technically talented and industrious actress, although I'll admit that her work never quite excites me. The issue of miscasting seems to be a recurring problem in modern film. Half of the films that I see nowadays leave me wondering what a different actor or actress might have done with the role . In my (controversial ) opinion, technical talent isn't everything. Having someone who fits the role and has the right "presence " can actually be even more important .

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2020 11:00 AM

She had a recent scandal?

by Anonymousreply 25January 6, 2020 11:11 AM

Odd . . . she never once said the word “abortion”.

by Anonymousreply 26January 6, 2020 11:57 AM

Although she is technically a beautiful lady, her vacant doll eyes scare me.

by Anonymousreply 27January 6, 2020 12:07 PM

I never liked her but I did not listen to her abortion speech...pro or against?

by Anonymousreply 28January 6, 2020 12:09 PM

I'm putting James Van Der Beek on my 2020 celebrity death list.

by Anonymousreply 29January 6, 2020 12:16 PM

Michellle Williams is that very rich but insecure bitch on campus. Not that talented, not that pretty, but serviceable, and a try hard, who fucks every guy, on campus and off, of any use to her. She takes booty calls, she makes booty calls. The truth is she doesn't like anything she does in life very much, she is going through the motions.

by Anonymousreply 30January 6, 2020 12:42 PM

R23 Williams was great as Verdon, she looked and sounded the part, but she sucked for Marilyn. Marilyn and Gwen were two very different looking and sounding people, the same actor should never be allowed to portray them.

by Anonymousreply 31January 6, 2020 12:56 PM

She doesn't seem to know that MILLIONS of women voted for Trump (53% of white women did), and will do so again, regardless of what Missy tells them.

by Anonymousreply 32January 6, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote] She doesn't seem to know that MILLIONS of women voted for Trump (53% of white women did), and will do so again, regardless of what Missy tells them.

And millions more now will because of her idiotic speech.

by Anonymousreply 33January 6, 2020 1:14 PM

I like her a lot as far as her acting but damn she's stuffy and mundane in real life. Zellweger at least tried cracking a few jokes.

by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2020 1:14 PM

I’m sick of actors scorning at everyone what’s good for them. The awards were depressing with all of the editorials from rich narcissistic actors. Don’t talk about real life. Just act.

by Anonymousreply 35January 6, 2020 1:20 PM

She was engaged three times in two years ( Andrew Youmans, Phil Elverum, and now Tommy Kail), that's ...quite a lot

by Anonymousreply 36January 6, 2020 1:36 PM

That dress was just sad...and ugly

by Anonymousreply 37January 6, 2020 1:49 PM

Hello! She made that speech because just last week 207 members of congress wrote a letter to the Supreme Court asking them to overturn Roe vs. Wade. I'm not exaggerating or paraphrasing or misinterpreting the letter. Nearly 40 percent of congress literally signed their names to a letter that asked the Supreme Court to overturn a nearly 50 year old decision without a specific case in front of them to do so--as if the Supreme Court could simply open a session by saying, "Hey, remember this case? Overruled!"

That's the world we're in now. It's funny to slag on some of these folk for being rich and dressing like summers when their skin tone is clearly winter, but most of the rights we take for granted are truly on the brink.

by Anonymousreply 38January 6, 2020 2:02 PM

Didn't I read she was pregnant?????? She didn't look it.

by Anonymousreply 39January 6, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote]Didn't I read she was pregnant?????? She didn't look it.

She's not that far along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 6, 2020 2:08 PM

I loved that she told women to vote for their self interest because men having been doing it for years and that’s why the world looks so much like them.

It was a good speech.

by Anonymousreply 41January 6, 2020 2:13 PM

R37 alot of them were.

by Anonymousreply 42January 6, 2020 2:13 PM

I thought it was a great speech. The endless thank-yous and mentioning them all by name is tired - particularly when most of the viewing audience has no idea who they are.

by Anonymousreply 43January 6, 2020 2:22 PM

I made the right decision mate.

by Anonymousreply 44January 6, 2020 2:29 PM

I don’t need actors telling me world events.

by Anonymousreply 45January 6, 2020 2:48 PM

Bravo Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 46January 6, 2020 2:58 PM

Schizophrenic headed for eventual crisis and hospitalization.

by Anonymousreply 47January 6, 2020 3:00 PM

I can't stand her. Stepford Wife of spot on.

by Anonymousreply 48January 6, 2020 3:02 PM

Her decisions..... like three fiancées in two years?

by Anonymousreply 49January 6, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote] All those reaction shots of Busy Phillips "crying" were nauseating.

So are her moles.

by Anonymousreply 50January 6, 2020 3:14 PM

I'm glad she pissed off the freepers

Go away, trolls

by Anonymousreply 51January 6, 2020 3:15 PM

Her whole speech was pointless because the fact that she was able to abandon parenthood via abortion years ago to focus on her career shows that she is actually the privileged one. Women are already the majority of voters and it is women who are mostly against abortion. So women are already voting in their best self interest, yet she still portrays them as victims of their own choices. How condescending.

It is also funny that they always talk about the right to choose in a gender neutral way but most of these hypocrites would only support the right to choose for women. Even if abortion would be outlawed, which is very unlikely, women would still have the choice of abandoning their child at a safe haven (depending on the state even up to one year after birth) or give it up for adoption without telling the biological father.

I am tired of these hollywood princesses having no facts or data to support their bull.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 6, 2020 3:22 PM

"I don’t need actors telling me world events."

Says the freeper who probably loved Clint Eastwood talking to a chair

"Women are already the majority of voters and it is women who are mostly against abortion."

Nope, men are more likely to be against abortion than women. Try again. Your link proves you are an MRA troll. Go away. I'm tired of freepers trolling on gay boards without any data to back up their claims.

by Anonymousreply 53January 6, 2020 3:29 PM

Can’t stand her. The content of her speech was great, but I tuned it out because it came out of her baby doll, blank face. Her whole existence irritates me.

by Anonymousreply 54January 6, 2020 3:37 PM

r54. your existence probably irritates every thinking person

by Anonymousreply 55January 6, 2020 3:38 PM

More and more women are against abortion. And one leading factor is improved imaging on ultrasounds. Once women see "babies" on the screen, the idea of abortion in general loses popularity.

MW turned off more women than she realizes.

by Anonymousreply 56January 6, 2020 3:43 PM

"More and more women are against abortion."

Nope. Try again, troll.

by Anonymousreply 57January 6, 2020 3:46 PM

R53 "Everyone I don't agree with is a troll"

If you want abortion to remain safe and legal you will have to criticize the women who oppose it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 6, 2020 4:04 PM

She is equal parts boring and irritating. She is up there with AnnE in taking herself and her "craft" waaaaay too seriously. Also the platinum hair is tired and unflattering, not to mention that awful cut.

by Anonymousreply 59January 6, 2020 4:08 PM

She old.

by Anonymousreply 60January 6, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote]She was engaged three times in two years ( Andrew Youmans, Phil Elverum, and now Tommy Kail), that's ...quite a lot

She actually married the 2nd guy... less than a year after breaking off her engagement to the first guy.

4 months into her marriage to the 2nd guy, they separated and a few months later, she became engaged to her current fiancé, even before the divorce was finalized.

Jesus Christ. And she has a teenage daughter! That can't be a healthy thing for a kid to be exposed to.

The weird thing is, Michelle comes across as so insecure, stiff, and frigid, yet all she seemingly does is suck and fuck. R30's assessment is most likely spot on.

by Anonymousreply 61January 6, 2020 4:13 PM

r59, get over yourself. You're a freeper on a message board bashing someone who is way more accomplished than you could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 62January 6, 2020 4:16 PM

R59 is bitter Katie Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 63January 6, 2020 4:43 PM

r55 fat freeper cunt.

by Anonymousreply 64January 6, 2020 4:48 PM

Michelle seemed kinda...removed.

Or, she would've been a GREAT Betty Draper.

by Anonymousreply 65January 6, 2020 5:01 PM

R61, Matilda's been exposed to a lot of 'uncles' through the years. I was never really checking for Michelle but noticed in the DM (sue me, I read it) that every few months to a year she would be spotted out and about with Matilda and a new guy. Spike Jonze, Jason Segal, Cary Fukunaga, to name a few. I was actually surprised she would bring that many guys around her child. I also bought into the whole Heath Ledger thing. In hindsight, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did had they not had a kid. It would've been an on-set romance and that's where it probably would've ended.

Michelle to me comes off as sterile and cold. I guess that's also why I'm surprised at the revolving door of men.

by Anonymousreply 66January 6, 2020 5:04 PM

Welcome to the datalounge, where a woman is a slut if she dates a handful of guys over a period of years, but gay guys can cruise for anonymous sex 24/7 and no one cares

by Anonymousreply 67January 6, 2020 5:06 PM

R67 to be fair, that's just what's expected of men in general. "Men are pigs!!", right?

by Anonymousreply 68January 6, 2020 5:10 PM

R67 The difference is that she is a mother while most gay men are just sluts nobody cares about anyways. I suffered from having another step-dad every few years. I am not fond of Michelle and her nasty behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 69January 6, 2020 5:20 PM

Heath is the selfish one, he stupidly took lots of drugs and OD'ed, abandoning his daughter and leaving Michelle a single parent.

by Anonymousreply 70January 6, 2020 5:23 PM

I love her acceptance speeches ‘cause it allows for closeups of Busy Phillips hootin’ hollerin’ and tryin’ to cry. Michells a good actor and Busy is a buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 71January 6, 2020 5:30 PM

Busy Phillips really does have an inordinate amount of moles on her neck. It’s fascinating how many there are and how dark they are.

by Anonymousreply 72January 6, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote][R11] You're an idiot if you think that the only man she ever truly loved and the father of her children dying suddenly of an overdose not long after they separated didn't seriously fuck her up. He was mixing drugs he had been prescribed due to a plethora of mental issues, issues she'd helped him through since they met and continued to until his death. If you don't think that was insurmountably traumatic for her, you're either dumb or crazy or both.

How on earth could you even pretend to know what Michelle Williams thinks? There have been rumors of her being an utter cunt which quite frankly came as a bit of a surprise since her public image is rather clean. Still, watching from outside I'd say Ledger was never her true love but obviously how could I know.

by Anonymousreply 73January 6, 2020 6:24 PM

Is Busy Michelle's life partner now? I missed that memo.

by Anonymousreply 74January 6, 2020 6:24 PM

She can champion her right to abort a child in her own time if she wants but with her own little baby growing in her tummy it just seems kind of off putting to say the least.

As for Gwen Verdon having an abortion, where are the receipts on that one? She had a baby early on when it was very inconvenient for her and later on had fertility issues with Bob Fosse.

At least Renee thanked the reason she was actually on that stage accepting an award.

Michelle and Busy just want credit for being WOKE!!!

by Anonymousreply 75January 6, 2020 6:34 PM

I thought Michelle was in a round about way addressing her own situation. Not a great look to be pregnant while married to another man who is married to another woman.

by Anonymousreply 76January 6, 2020 6:45 PM

She is married to a married man? How does that work?

by Anonymousreply 77January 6, 2020 6:51 PM

Yes everyone stop! She is absolutely just causing a stir to distract from her home wrecking bastard baby- she’s EMBROILED in a huge scandal right now. That room was full of people who know the score and probably like the wife.

This was a bald faced diversion. Using abortion rights (yay!) to change the narrative about her horrendous selfish actions (boo). CRAVEN.

by Anonymousreply 78January 6, 2020 6:54 PM

So she stole from Naomi and now another woman’s husband?

Whore!

by Anonymousreply 79January 6, 2020 7:08 PM

I want people to win for their talents not for their causes. She should run for office if she is so concerned about the issues.

by Anonymousreply 80January 6, 2020 7:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 6, 2020 9:21 PM

Oh boo hoo about awful and fake Michelle Williams. She married widower Phil Elverum, who had previously gone through the agonizing death of his wife from a freak case of early-onset pancreatic cancer, leaving him alone with his daughter.

Poor Phil and his daughter - his daughter was removed from her school and comfort zone in order to move across country for Williams, and she then promptly has an affair and dumps Phil. Williams didn't just fuck over Phil, she screwed over his mother-less daughter.

by Anonymousreply 82January 6, 2020 9:51 PM

Can Phil's baby still be aborted though?

by Anonymousreply 83January 6, 2020 10:04 PM

They should have used this to play her off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 6, 2020 10:13 PM

Would she have been good in Marriage Story?

by Anonymousreply 85January 6, 2020 10:18 PM

R75 is on the money

by Anonymousreply 86January 6, 2020 10:58 PM

Who cares? She's on the right side.

by Anonymousreply 87January 6, 2020 11:03 PM

It's not about being on the right side R87, it's about having some semblance of understanding when it comes to context and decorum, which Michelle clearly doesn't have.

by Anonymousreply 88January 6, 2020 11:11 PM

"She made that speech because just last week 207 members of congress wrote a letter to the Supreme Court asking them to overturn Roe vs. Wade."

And exactly what does that have to do with an awards show purportedly celebrating excellence in the arts? Absolutely nothing? I thought so.

by Anonymousreply 89January 6, 2020 11:11 PM

R78 = freeper pretending to be a liberal. Gotta love the moralizers pretending to care about her kid or her personal life

R89 wouldn't care if she made an antichoice speech

by Anonymousreply 90January 6, 2020 11:26 PM

Good for her. I like her more now.

by Anonymousreply 91January 6, 2020 11:28 PM

Meh, don’t take her too seriously. There’s not much going on behind those glassy eyes. But that dress does makes me hungry for some cheap shitty nachos.

by Anonymousreply 92January 6, 2020 11:34 PM

Not much going on behind r92's eyes. Or in his brain.

by Anonymousreply 93January 6, 2020 11:58 PM

R92 types fat

by Anonymousreply 94January 7, 2020 12:29 AM

R92 knows how to dress for the occasion. Michelle Williams is a drab, forgettable woman preaching to the liberal elite - in a hideous dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 7, 2020 12:37 AM

Tiffany Haddish was such a buffoon cheering on that disgraceful speech.

Why is this woman famous again? She goes around like she is a bull in a china shop.

I liked her on The Carmichael Show but that is before she became overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 96January 7, 2020 2:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 7, 2020 2:40 AM

Tiffany Haddish was cancelled for me when she butchered all those names at the Oscar announcements. She wasn't funny. It was completely disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 98January 7, 2020 3:30 AM

I adore Michelle Williams. She was fab on the GGs. Heath WAS her only True Love. She was helping him turn his life around when Matilda came along. I loved him too. A sad soul.

by Anonymousreply 99January 7, 2020 3:38 AM

So she could only do Fosse/Verdon because she was allowed to abort her baby? Is that what she was saying? Very odd speech. Overshare.

by Anonymousreply 100January 7, 2020 6:16 AM

She should grow her hair shoulder length and like it was in Dawson’s Creek. Remember ow she was plump in that show? You’d never know it from her anorexic chic body now.

by Anonymousreply 101January 7, 2020 6:23 AM

His "One True Love"?? And in all caps, no less?!

Oh please. Need I remind all of you hopeless romantics that SHE left HIM and was in the middle of nasty custody battle over their daughter at the time of his death? Tbh he was a stress on him emotionally, and financially, at the end of his life. The celebrity actor who had just starred in several bankable movies back-to-back only had a net worth of 250 grand? Yeah right. The lawyer's fees were bleeding him dry, just like his ex. He had a blast playing the joker though, according to the last director he worked with.

If she feels anything about having to do with Heath, it's guilt.

by Anonymousreply 102January 7, 2020 6:38 AM

R101 she looked like a duck in the first season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 7, 2020 6:47 AM

She’s had a lot of work done.

by Anonymousreply 104January 7, 2020 7:00 AM

She's creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 105January 7, 2020 7:03 AM

Taking cues from Stepford wives, Michelle really should retire to Connecticut; there, she can revel in her mental illness in a spacious colonial, trade recipes, and walk around like the soulless imp doing an impression of a human being that she is.

by Anonymousreply 106January 7, 2020 7:11 AM

What if she hadn't won?

by Anonymousreply 107January 7, 2020 7:28 AM

It appears that, generally speaking, the public likes Michelle—especially film fans and "intellectuals"—but I've never encountered anyone who finds her as off-putting, creepy, and repugnant as I do, except for here on DL. I am glad that at least some people can sense her bad aura.

by Anonymousreply 108January 7, 2020 7:37 AM

Politics is public. If we all get a vote and use it, then we all have the right to an opinion. You get one, I get one, movie stars and musicians get one each. They are allowed to express their opinions as anyone else is. I don’t get the sentiment that people in Hollywood should have to shut up and keep quiet about their opinions. If you wanted to put your livelihood at risk to share your opinions about politics at work, you could do so and you may suffer consequences. It’s no different for people in entertainment. They have greater influence—they have to decide how to use it.

In this case, it seems Michelle Williams was speaking from personal experience. But even if she were speaking solely about public policy and even if she did that without being very well informed, she’d probably be as well informed as any of the professional pundits Fox, MSNBC and CNN pay to be professional opiners. Honestly, ABC News pays Meghan McCain probably millions of dollars a year to scream her ignorant opinions into the world. Why should anyone who gets 90 seconds on a stage once in a lifetime not be allowed to share her opinion?

by Anonymousreply 109January 7, 2020 9:22 AM

Contrary to what the GOP/Kremlin would have you believe, American support for women's freedom of choice has never been higher. This stat makes the move by GOP (+ 2 Dem) congressmen to petition the Supreme Court even more egregious. And that our anti-woman Russian troll is wearing both digital blackface and pretending to be a woman, two groups whose autonomy has been relentlessly under attack since this country was founded, makes his presence in this thread even more offensive. No one on a gay website is ever going to agree with you about anything. Stop trying. Really, there are a million morons other places you could be converting, but you're here, Boris, staring at looping rimming gifs.

by Anonymousreply 110January 7, 2020 9:41 AM

R109 I'm not a huge fan of Williams acting style but you make an excellent point. As worked up as everyone gets over celebrities speaking about politics, they're probably no less informed than whichever talking head bloviator is babbling on CNN this week . I find the "professional opiners " as you call them even more obnoxious because they are usually just pompous and loud mouthed, but not especially smart (though they would never believe it) . At least Williams kept her speech short, in contrast to the logorrhea of the average NBC /fox /cnn pundit

by Anonymousreply 111January 7, 2020 10:13 AM

Bad dress. Bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 112January 7, 2020 10:16 AM

The difference is that people who tune in to those shows on CNN, FAUX, etc. do so because they want to hear people bloviate about politics. Nobody watches the Golden Globes because they hope to be lectured to about political ideology and/or current events.

Besides, nowadays all of these people already have international platforms to spread their views: it's called social media. So there's truly no reason for them to insert their political blather into an awards show.

Cue the posters calling me a freeper, despite the fact I've never voted Republican in my life.

by Anonymousreply 113January 7, 2020 10:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 7, 2020 11:42 AM

R114 This is news to me. I knew he had had some sort of quasi relationship with Natalie Portman

by Anonymousreply 115January 7, 2020 11:55 AM

Michelle just seems like an empty shell of a person. She cleans up well, however.

by Anonymousreply 116January 7, 2020 12:04 PM

If she were an empty shell of a person she wouldn’t risk alienating herself from the public and her colleagues by grandstanding.

by Anonymousreply 117January 7, 2020 12:06 PM

[Quote] Michelle just seems like an empty shell of a person.

In other words, the right type to get into acting.

by Anonymousreply 118January 7, 2020 12:25 PM

I could take her or leave her, but she gets points for triggering all the anti-choice rightwing snowflakes, MRAs, and Russian trolls who've spent the thread bitching and moaning about what she said in her speech.

r110 & r111: Exactly. Hell, given the amount of free time their wealth affords them and the access to noteable figures their fame grants them, they probably have more time to learn about the issues the jackasses in this thread are trying to silence them on.

by Anonymousreply 119January 7, 2020 1:28 PM

Gwen Verdon's daughter is no doubt frustrated that her mother has been ignored so Michelle can spout off about her magical abortion and how it made her successful life possible.

She also pretty much ignored mentioning Gwen at the Emmy's.

I actually enjoyed watching her in the F/Xminiseries before realizing what a whackadoodle she is in real life.

What was with that Dollar Tree craft section blue thingy on her dress? Did her surviving child make it for her in school or something?

by Anonymousreply 120January 7, 2020 2:45 PM

Her dress looked like pure shit. Her facial expressions were smug and self righteous. To quote Heath in his best role: "Why so serious?" Her faux sense of mission, I can't stand her. I think she is a big self involved phony. Go on you tube a look at some of her interviews. She was once described as painfully shy in real life and she was emotionally too scarred to talk about Heath in the years immediately following his death, but boy did she get over that. Now she wears her "grief" like a favorite accessory. She's not a nice person. I have heard that countless times. Very manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 121January 7, 2020 3:18 PM

I think she views herself as a sex kitten vixen, hence the platinum hair.

by Anonymousreply 122January 7, 2020 3:22 PM

And the pregnancy is sure to secure her new man, much like she did with Heath.

by Anonymousreply 123January 7, 2020 3:23 PM

God forbid she violate the sacred aura of the GOLDEN FUCKING GLOBES with some brief political commentary.

You people can't be serious.

by Anonymousreply 124January 7, 2020 3:31 PM

[quote]She keeps her hair short because that's how Heath liked it.

GAY GIVEAWAY!!

by Anonymousreply 125January 7, 2020 3:51 PM

R123 You think thats why Heath's life spiraled out of control until he died?

by Anonymousreply 126January 7, 2020 3:52 PM

I honestly don't know R126. I always heard he lost himself in the Joker role (method acting) and then was physically ill as a result, combined with ill-fated drug use.

by Anonymousreply 127January 7, 2020 3:55 PM

[quote]She also pretty much ignored mentioning Gwen at the Emmy's.

I know Gwen would have been very proud with Michelle's speech. No one knows who Gwen Verdon is anyway.

by Anonymousreply 128January 7, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote]r38 It's funny to slag on some of these folk for being rich and dressing like summers when their skin tone is clearly winter, but...

This made me laugh [bold]: )

by Anonymousreply 129January 7, 2020 3:58 PM

I chuckled at that one too.

by Anonymousreply 130January 7, 2020 3:59 PM

Model/actress Jennifer O’Neill had an abortion amidst her 9 marriages, and now lectures women on making choices (!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 7, 2020 4:12 PM

The ultimate Professional Widow. Make her go away.

by Anonymousreply 132January 7, 2020 4:16 PM

@Michelle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 7, 2020 4:26 PM

Jennifer O'Neill is a beautiful woman.

by Anonymousreply 134January 7, 2020 4:40 PM

How do you know that exactly, R128? You don't even know who this deceased person IS?

by Anonymousreply 135January 7, 2020 4:42 PM

Nuff said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 7, 2020 5:54 PM

Heath died because one of those Olsen crypt-dwelling succubi twins gave him bad drugs.

by Anonymousreply 137January 7, 2020 5:57 PM

Heath Ledger was a druggie bum. I'm glad he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 138January 7, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote] The difference is that she is a mother while most gay men are just sluts nobody cares about anyways. I suffered from having another step-dad every few years.

Need more proof that the gay men on this site are projecting their mother issues onto strange women?

by Anonymousreply 139January 7, 2020 6:02 PM

No clue if that person is actually gay or not, but there are some bizarre, fixated Moral Majority loons on this thread. Always surprised to see them at DL.

by Anonymousreply 140January 7, 2020 6:08 PM

Yep R136 boring yet irritating, throw in bland with a hint of desperation.

by Anonymousreply 141January 7, 2020 7:51 PM

And the NEXT FLOTUS and POTUS will literally be walking shit stains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 7, 2020 7:54 PM

Valerie Bertinelli liked it on her twitter page.

by Anonymousreply 143January 7, 2020 8:14 PM

But never heard anyone thank that abortion for their thriving career as an award speech.

by Anonymousreply 144January 7, 2020 9:14 PM

Yeah especially delivering (no pun intended) the speech while pregnant. Hard cringe.

by Anonymousreply 145January 7, 2020 9:19 PM

Is it bad that I want to watch Busy Phillips get hit by a bus?

by Anonymousreply 146January 7, 2020 9:54 PM

Under 20 mph is okay.

by Anonymousreply 147January 7, 2020 10:13 PM

Has MW ever done comedy? She is always so serious.

by Anonymousreply 148January 7, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote]r134 Jennifer O'Neill is a beautiful woman.

She has always been incredibly beautiful, at every age. She is also a dimwit who’s incredibly fucked up.

Then she found god.....!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 7, 2020 11:04 PM

All I can say is her final scene in Manchester by the Sea devastated me. No matter how whacky she is I am fine with her because of that scene.

by Anonymousreply 150January 7, 2020 11:13 PM

According to what I've read Heath suffered from insomnia. Chronic, insanity inducing insomnia. He would sleep for maybe two hours once in a while and then be awake and very "wired." He drank a lot, and he smoked a lot of pot, and he dallied with prescription drugs. When he was 19-20,21, he did coke, but it wasn't a regular thing.

He was mostly a pothead and an alcoholic. But the prescription drugs he took were ridiculous. oxy and like that. He and Colin Farrell and Joaquin Phoenix used to hang out together. He also was in awe of Johnny Depp and they became "friends" when he was dating Heather Graham while she worked with Depp on the Jack the Ripper Movie, From Hell. Draw your own conclusions. Depp, Farrell and Joaquin all had reputations and documented stints in rehab and drug issues.

The baby was unplanned and he was definitely not ready to commit to Michelle but they tried to make a go of it. He was insanely happy to be a father and was devoted to his kid. When Michelle threw him out, because all his habits were making her nuts, he stopped drinking and cleaned up. She'd let him have the baby he spent a lot of time with his daughter who was almost two I think. Matilda would stay with him in the loft in SoHo while Michelle was in Brooklyn.

He got caught up with Terry Gilliam for a movie, Doctor Parnassus, and went to England, for work. He wanted to spend Christmas with Matilda, but Michelle would not allow it. He was distraught about that. She was in Sweden working, I think and he was in London. He got the flu and then pneumonia. He was sick constantly on set. He decided to go back to Australia over the break to see his family. Michelle used access to their baby as leverage with him. She was mean spirited.

Anyway, he went back to NYC at some point in January, got more prescription drugs. He told friends if he could just slow things down and get some sleep/rest he could get well, but he looked terrible. Almost emaciated. But if you look at photos from his early Fall in Toronto, the whole year or so before he died, he looked awful. Gaunt. Way too thin. I saw pictures from the Venice Film Festival and he looked really strange. When he was in NYC in January 2008, He overmedicated, and then he died. I was shocked and sad. I became a fan when he did Brokeback Mountain. He was a beautiful looking man when he started so it was sad to see how he ended. I never liked her. I think she had a lot of guilt from how ugly she was to him.

by Anonymousreply 151January 7, 2020 11:20 PM

No bus wants to hit Busy Phillips r146.

by Anonymousreply 152January 7, 2020 11:32 PM

I despise women who use their children as weapons. They are the cuntiest cunts of all cunts. I say this as a divorced woman who has an ex who is an enormous piece of shit too. I never used our kids against him and never will.

If she did that, she should have to live with her guilt — she earned it.

by Anonymousreply 153January 7, 2020 11:32 PM

Heath's death worked out well for Michelle. To this day the public sees her as the Widow Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 154January 7, 2020 11:50 PM

The odd part is that she and Ledger had broken up before he died so she really wasn't his widow. (even if they had been married.)

by Anonymousreply 155January 8, 2020 6:01 AM

Hey, I liked Heath too, but everyone bitching about Michelle needs to remember that she raised that little girl, she did the real work while he was drinking and using drugs and hanging out with shady people. He couldn't even take care of himself. I don’t know why people are bitching about Michelle keeping the baby away from him- he didn’t sound like he was all that interested in being dad to a baby/toddler at the time. Michelle has talent but I do think she’s a little screwed up and always has been. She also could look much better than she does. Her styling has been odd for years.

by Anonymousreply 156January 8, 2020 6:21 AM

[quote]she raised that little girl, she did the real work while he was drinking and using drugs and hanging out with shady people.

Like the randoms he was hanging out with at the Chateau Marmont.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 8, 2020 6:35 AM

Tale as old as time. Dumb rich white girl has the baby anyway and then gets lucky and the dad dies. She gets free diapers and years of sympathy and support. Later, she can screw other women's husbands and get pregnant by one of them and go on national TV in a hideous dress to preach to the elite how MOST white women voted for Trump but try to be black and poor about this issue please. She's keeping her baby but "others" won't have a choice to get an abortion if they don't support the arts. No thanks to Gwen Verdon. The end.

by Anonymousreply 158January 8, 2020 6:55 AM

R151 You read wrong. Heroin for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 8, 2020 7:33 AM

Ew R157, you can see his jaw working and his weird facial tics from the coke. I've seen other people do that while on coke, it's really gross.

by Anonymousreply 160January 8, 2020 1:16 PM

R151 Heroin=oxy. Same thing, heroin is just cheaper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 8, 2020 1:18 PM

Don't remember where I read it, but Heath was more into the pills, like Oxy, etc. He did a movie about a junkie and his junkie girlfriend, and he talked about how he hated the needles, and shooting up that was portrayed in the movie. I know Oxy is like heroin but I'm guessing popping pills was more "acceptable" than mainlining heroin. He was addicted to something. And he definitely had a drinking problem too. But he had cleaned up, and yes, t hey had already broken up when he died. Rumors were Michelle had an affair with Ewan McGregor on some movie set.

by Anonymousreply 162January 8, 2020 1:27 PM

Michelle loves going after other people's men.

by Anonymousreply 163January 8, 2020 1:31 PM

She looks mentally retarded in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 8, 2020 4:30 PM

ROFL R164

by Anonymousreply 165January 8, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote]r164 She looks mentally retarded in this clip.

She seems pretty articulate to me, when she talks about that film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 8, 2020 10:46 PM

In case anyone wants to brush up on their Marilyn look:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 8, 2020 10:50 PM

Matilda was born in October,2006 and Heath died in January 2008. So how much time did he actually spend with the kid? She was barely a toddler when he bought it.

by Anonymousreply 168January 8, 2020 11:32 PM

She was on the verge of demanding supervised visitations for Ledger and the daughter because she feared his drug use around the kid.

Ledger's family remained close with her. She and his sister walked arm and arm into the funeral and she was almost treated like a wife.

She was supposedly trying tough love. After the drove all the way to Pennsylvania and he refused to go into the rehab center he'd signed up for Williams cut him off saying he'd have to get help if they were to be together. He didn't.

by Anonymousreply 169January 9, 2020 6:08 AM

Who'd want to stay with Michelle Williams unless she was from Destiny's Child?

by Anonymousreply 170January 9, 2020 6:12 AM

Whatever mess she makes of her love life, she seems to be a good mother otherwise. Ledger's family has spoken about their close bond with Matilda, she looks like a child and not an instagram prostitute in training, her life is fairly private.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 9, 2020 6:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 9, 2020 6:44 AM

The actress Michelle Williams has the face of a custard pie. She formless and beige and smeary looking. She must be some freak in the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2020 6:52 AM

Michelle was vindictive and Ledger's family had to kiss her ass and "be nice" if they wanted to maintain a relationship with his kid. Heaping praise on her, including her in the funeral arrangements, etc. That was an insurance policy. I'm glad Matilda had a relationship with them and they weer allowed into her life as she was growing up. But I'd t ake all their praise of Michelle with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2020 12:48 PM

R156 she could have aborted.

by Anonymousreply 175January 9, 2020 1:22 PM

r151 is that obsessive Heath Ledger freak who always finds these threads and posts that stupid story. Like I'm really sure you knew what was going on between them. The only thing we know for sure is that Heath Ledger was a junkie, which is not something you want your kid to be around.

by Anonymousreply 176January 9, 2020 4:09 PM

R176 According to this article, she knew about his "problems". So why did she have a kid by someone like that? Both made terrible decisions and both are to blame. I hope the kid can at least live a normal and healthy life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 9, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote] But I'd t ake all their praise of Michelle with a grain of salt.

As opposed to the crap that you're spewing about some actress you don't even know? Yes, I'm sure that's the gospel truth. Can you imagine being so obsessed with some screwed up actor who died over a decade ago that you're still making up and spreading insane tales about his personal life.

by Anonymousreply 178January 9, 2020 4:16 PM

Her daughter seems to be fairly well adjusted for a child of a celebrity, so obviously she's doing something right. She's probably be dead if she was being raised by that junkie full-time. He's probably be selling his daughter for drugs.

by Anonymousreply 179January 9, 2020 4:19 PM

Hey R176, I admitted I was a fan of Heath's, but definitely not obsessive. I was shocked when he died and yes, I devoured a lot of the gossip that was written about them both during that period. I don't pretend to have "inside information." Everything I posted was from the magazine articles and photo spreads from that time. Heath was much in the news after his death, because Nolan wanted to promote his movie, and yet how to do it without seeming gruesome and crass due to the tragic death of one of his stars. So fuck off, sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 180January 9, 2020 4:26 PM

[R176] According to this article, she knew about his "problems". So why did she have a kid by someone like that?

I'm not defending her choice to be with him at all. But it's obvious she was infatuated with him. You can tell by the way she looked at him. But motherhood I'm sure grounded her and she had to put her kid first. Which means not having him around a junkie all the time.

by Anonymousreply 181January 9, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote] Everything I posted was from the magazine articles and photo spreads from that time.

Call me cynical, but I'm not going to believe the PR approved gossip from celeb magazines. Of course, his family would want the truth sugarcoated about their junkie son and brother. I'm really sure I buy that insomnia story. And all those pop stars really go into rehab for exhaustion. How dumb can you be?

by Anonymousreply 182January 9, 2020 4:34 PM

She got pregnant with Heath's child on purpose, and now has done the same thing with the new married guy.

by Anonymousreply 183January 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Who would know better how to avoid an unplanned pregnancy than a woman who has already had an abortion?

by Anonymousreply 184January 9, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote] She got pregnant with Heath's child on purpose, and now has done the same thing with the new married guy.

Yeah, cuz apparently Heath Ledger fell on planet earth the day he met Michelle Williams. That's the only way he could not know that having unprotected sex leads to babies.

by Anonymousreply 185January 9, 2020 4:43 PM

She's holding a book and not twerking so...point to Michelle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 9, 2020 4:43 PM

R185 Yes, men are idiots for trusting women who say they are on birth control, especially rich ones like Heath. However, it was ultimately her decision to bring a child to the world. You can't have it both ways. She herself said: “I wouldn’t have been able to do this without employing a woman’s right to choose, to choose when to have my children and with whom.” So it was her choice to have a child from an addict who was also plagued with other problems besides his drug abuse.

by Anonymousreply 187January 9, 2020 4:56 PM

Is the daughter a babylez?

Random fact tangentially related to this thread: A cute guy with a kind of familiar name followed me on one of those language-learning apps (I'm using it to refresh my French). So I looked him up. Turns out to be Gwen and Bob's grandson.

by Anonymousreply 188January 9, 2020 5:06 PM

I remember Busy's last episode of her talk show and she brought out Michelle and a few of her celeb girlfriends. Michelle seemed so uncomfortable the whole time, as if she was above the other women and the show. She had 0 camaraderie with the other women.

by Anonymousreply 189January 9, 2020 5:11 PM

[quote] Michelle seemed so uncomfortable the whole time, as if she was above the other women and the show. She had 0 camaraderie with the other women.

Who were the other women? Were they D-list celebs like Busy?

by Anonymousreply 190January 9, 2020 5:13 PM

r190 Linda Cardellini, Jennifer Carpenter, Whitney Cummings and Christa Miller

by Anonymousreply 191January 9, 2020 5:19 PM

She's an ass. She married that musician and gave interviews about how he helps her to live in the moment and she waited so long long and their relationship is sooo special and deep. A year later she's divorced, engaged to someone else and pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 192January 9, 2020 6:17 PM

“I wouldn’t have been able to do this without employing a woman’s right to choose.”

What a weird little rant.

by Anonymousreply 193January 9, 2020 6:23 PM

R38, great point...but she could have thanked some of the people involved in the movie in her speech.

by Anonymousreply 194January 9, 2020 6:56 PM

It was rude for the speech not to thank the people involved in the abortion; the anesthetist, the surgeon, the pail emptier, etc.

How soon they forget.

by Anonymousreply 195January 9, 2020 7:05 PM

First of all, I would like to thank God for accepting me back after my mother had me sucked out of her womb and stabbed to death.

And also to all my fans, without you this wouldn't be possible!!

by Anonymousreply 196January 9, 2020 7:49 PM

abortions go to purgetory, not heaven. even god doesn't want them.

by Anonymousreply 197January 9, 2020 8:41 PM

That's not true.

by Anonymousreply 198January 9, 2020 9:06 PM

The brilliant and wise Candace Owens offered her thoughts on this. Maybe she's one of the pearl-clutchers upthread, even.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 9, 2020 10:04 PM

She's thankful that she was able to have an abortion, fantastic. Why she decided she needed to announce it to the entire world, is indicative of being mentally unwell. It's a fact that some women are haunted by their abortions for their entire lives, causing all kinds of issues. I'm pro choice, but before getting on stage and cramming abortions down everyone's throat, tread cautiously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 9, 2020 11:21 PM

EwWW. Is that your nutsack R200?

by Anonymousreply 201January 9, 2020 11:58 PM

R200, you certainly don't sound pro-choice. She wasn't speaking to gay males, she was speaking to women. And even the women who say they are against abortion know exactly what she was talking about. Shame on you for saying she is mentally unwell when you never have to be faced with that choice.

by Anonymousreply 202January 10, 2020 12:14 AM

R189 I honestly don't even know how she and Busy are friends—they have such different personalities, never mind careers. Michelle is ice cold and seems one step away from catatonia at all times, whereas Busy is an insufferably obnoxious loudmouth. The dynamic is so weird. In this picture, Michelle looks like an annoyed celebrity posing with a fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 10, 2020 12:21 AM

I find it interesting that the whole purpose of Fosse/Verdon was to put the focus on Gwen Verdon and give her the credit she deserves.

And here's the second time Williams has made her speech for winning an award for playing Verdon about something completely unrelated.

by Anonymousreply 204January 10, 2020 1:24 AM

Vernon's dead. Michelle is here.

by Anonymousreply 205January 10, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote]Ledger was a junkie, which is not something you want your kid to be around

Neither is a constantly revolving door of stepfathers/father figures.

by Anonymousreply 206January 10, 2020 2:08 AM

I can't get over the fact that she paid someone to style her hair like that.

by Anonymousreply 207January 10, 2020 3:35 PM

Since Heath Michelle has been with a LOT of guys. And not just a casual date here and there, but relationships lasting....months... So her daughter has had to put up with lots of "uncles."

by Anonymousreply 208January 10, 2020 4:42 PM

As if R200 is pro choice...LOL. Your propaganda picture and phony sentiments don’t work here. Fuck off deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 209January 10, 2020 8:45 PM

Look. I've watched a few of her interviews and I jjust don't like the bitch. She's a phony and she is self involved and manipulative in a way that is different for a lot of other actors. She seems evil. At one point,Ron Howard was thinking of re making East of Eden with Heath. I always thought Michelle would have made a perfect Cathy. The psycho murdering whore. At the time they were looking at Jennifer LAwrence. it never went anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 210January 10, 2020 11:59 PM

r31 I thought it was MW as Marilyn playing Gwen Verdon.

Some of the replies here explain my dislike for her very well. r59 got it right (can't stand AnnE, either)

She just...irritates me. So Fosse/Verdon is equally irritating, which is too bad, because I am interested in Fosse's work and life, in that order.

by Anonymousreply 211January 11, 2020 2:08 AM

Anne Hathaway is a much more natural and delightful and versatile talent than Michelle Williams could hope to be. It's funny how and why some people gain praise while other accumulate scorn. Williams is being praised around the universe that matters for her speech. Hathaway was blackballed for being socially awkward and wanting to win. AnnE is a far better actress and much more talented and attractive woman than Michelle Williams R211. I love Blue Valentine and that's it. If Gwen Verdon *was* a scintillating stage performer in real life, Williams did not convey that. And her take on Marilyn was all very wrong from the start. I'm not saying that Hathaway is the next coming of Amy Adams... well maybe I am. Anne is a very talented actress. Michelle is praised and nominated. Try to remember her a minute after she leaves a scene. You can't. You don't sound like you watched any of it R211. That's always insightful commentary.

by Anonymousreply 212January 11, 2020 2:47 AM

That gown is hideous

by Anonymousreply 213January 11, 2020 2:50 AM

You haven't seen her in enough things, r212, if you really think that. And Anne Hathaway? Really?

by Anonymousreply 214January 11, 2020 2:59 AM

I've seen more of Michelle than I mentioned. As I said, Michelle Williams is instantly forgettable when a scene ends. No one remembers anything about her after leaving a film. Anne Hathaway? Yes really. She is a much better actress than Michelle Williams - more talented, versatile and appealing in every way. You haven't seen her in enough things R214. Good luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 215January 11, 2020 3:07 AM

R215 not only that, but Anne actually seems like she has a pulse

by Anonymousreply 216January 11, 2020 3:16 AM

[quote]r215 Anne Hathaway? Yes really. She is a much better actress than Michelle Williams

Mmmmmm ... trying to picture this.

by Anonymousreply 217January 11, 2020 3:19 AM

I think AnnE and Michelle are at the same level (as far as being attractive goes).

by Anonymousreply 218January 11, 2020 4:13 AM

R203 She likes to count Busy's moles.

by Anonymousreply 219January 12, 2020 7:27 PM

R212 I'm a bit apathetic when it comes to Williams. Her acting style isn't quite my cup of tea but I don't think she's terrible. Fairly decent actress, but I prefer a certain more... zest in performances and I don't see that in Williams. Hathaway is quite talented and the whole public stoning of her a few years back was just disturbing. Most of the people ragging on Hathaway were dead behind the eyes hipster cunts who resent anyone who shows any enthusiasm about anything

by Anonymousreply 220January 12, 2020 8:01 PM

I hated her speech. Even more than the speech itself, I hated how she delivered it. She looked ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 221January 12, 2020 8:04 PM

Here's a Page 6 article about Williams, Kail (baby's father), and their previous relationships. People mag did really gloss over things.

One good thing she could have done for women is to acknowledge a woman (Gwen Verdon) in her GG acceptance speech. Too much to ask.

IMO, she is very bland and boring. However, men do fall hard for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 12, 2020 8:18 PM

God what a horrible picture of her. ^^ Why does she always look shell-shocked?

by Anonymousreply 223January 13, 2020 2:36 PM

She won the Critics Choice Award last night but wasn't there to accept the award this time on behalf of her unborn child and the opportunities it provided to her by being aborted.

by Anonymousreply 224January 13, 2020 8:17 PM

[quote]However, men do fall hard for her.

Which explains why she keeps having to trap them by getting knocked up.

She strikes me as a bottomless pit of need. A stage 5 clinger at best and a psycho bunnyboiler at worst.

by Anonymousreply 225January 16, 2020 3:41 PM

I’m sure there are many here who’ve had abortions, I am not alone. It really is true that for many women it fucks them up. I did some serious drugs and drinking for years after it, I couldn’t forgive myself. Then I went through a phase of thinking it must be wrong (otherwise why didn’t I feel okay afterward? Right?). I had it at 16, and by my early 20’s, I thought it was wrong because of the guilt and shame.

I’m 47 now. The right to choose is literally the most sacred power we can give women. I understand now that one can be opposed to abortion *and* still honor another woman’s right to weigh that choice in relation to her personal and unique situation. I am 10,000% pro-choice, I’ve forgiven my young self. Aaaaaaaaand, you’ll never see my ass on a stage talking about how grateful I am that I didn’t have a baby at 16. It’s just fucking vulgar, yes, it is low-rent to talk about your abortion while you’re in a gown and receiving an award. Save it for the capital steps in DC, I say. Her intention is totally good, but the wrong forum.

Should I talk about how grateful I am that I figured out how to control my yeast infections on stage too? Bodily functions and things that come out of one’s uterus should be discussed with discretion, not shared with the world in a fucking formal gown.

by Anonymousreply 226January 17, 2020 4:53 AM

I'd abort for an Oscar but not a Golden Globe.

by Anonymousreply 227January 17, 2020 5:08 AM

Thank you for sharing that R226. I went through the same thing at 17. I still have conversations with God about it and I am 52. My great-grandmother died giving herself one in her twenties. I'm still very much pro-choice too. And thankfully I was able to have mine in 1985 with dignity and anonymity and no protesters.

by Anonymousreply 228January 17, 2020 1:15 PM

She’s a beautiful woman, but it’s her stillness that is mesmerizing and we never know just what she’s going to and she’s able to suggest she’s capable or anything. Whatever his choice may be, it’s never hollow. Broken doll? sure.. but I can’t think of a more glorious state for a serious actress.

by Anonymousreply 229February 24, 2021 8:15 AM

Yes, R229. Michelle reminds me of a less talented, less pretty, more washed out, more psycho and whiny Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 230February 24, 2021 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!