Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jake Gyllenhaal will play a gay dad in movie “Fun Home”

He is really stretching his acting chops, girls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2020 4:40 PM

Does the father have any sort of love life in the musical?

His last "queer" role Velvet whatever it was called, had him doing nothing gay on screen.

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2020 2:58 PM

Is he going to remind us how straight he is during the promotion like during Brokeback?

It was a little embarrassing how often Jake and Heith had to remind the Oprah audience how straight they are. We heard you the first hundred times.

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2020 3:00 PM

Love Fun Home, and yes, the dad has a life in the story

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2020 3:01 PM

I think he goes after 2 young men barely legal from what I remember. The guy in it is a middle aged closeted man right? Jake seems a little young.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2020 3:02 PM

Well, R3, we will see what Jake's agent has to say about that!

by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2020 3:04 PM

In which he will have lot of sex with females and a chaste token kiss with a man

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2020 3:27 PM

How many awards is he going to win for this?

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2020 3:45 PM

Let's see if it actually gets made r7. So many things are announced but don't end up happening, the article in the OP mentions his Leonard Bernstein film that was announced. Is that actually happening?

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2020 3:51 PM

I hope this gets made. I loved Fun Home. The father is really central to the story, and he has a pretty hot seduction scene with a high schooler while his wife is in the next room playing the piano.

by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2020 8:27 PM

I will not watch it unless we see Jake's cockhead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2020 3:34 PM

Clearly Tom Holland must play the high schooler

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2020 3:35 PM

Damn, he's hit the wall fast.

Is he even 40 yet?

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2020 3:45 PM

Call Me Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2020 3:47 PM

Dang. So sorry.

[quote] The father is really central to the story, and he has a pretty hot seduction scene with a high schooler while his wife is in the next room playing the piano.

Call Me Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2020 3:48 PM

R12 nope. 39. He appears to be a smoker. That would explain his aging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2020 3:53 PM

I'm not in the entertainment industry but I do think these roles should go to gay actors....it's so hard for them anyway and it makes it worse for them to not even be in the running.

by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2020 3:55 PM

I’d like to see him grind on a big cock.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2020 4:03 PM

Weird choice for this role. But, it's a movie musical, so I guess they needed some sort of big name to attract audiences. Celebrity stunt casting isn't that uncommon, especially for musicals like Fun Home which mainstream audiences won't know about.

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2020 6:48 PM

Who really gives a fuck OP?

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2020 6:58 PM

Couldn’t Matt Bomer have played this role?

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2020 7:19 PM

R4 From what I remember the father provides underage boys alcohol and seduces them. Not sure if they’ll keep that in the film. I highly doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2020 7:21 PM

He should not be smoking. Smoking and substantial plastic surgery do not play nicely with one another.

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2020 7:32 PM

R16, that will keep a film from getting financed.

It’s hard enough for EVERYONE trying to make it as an actor.

And who says Jakey-poo isn’t a straight actor?

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2020 9:40 PM

R21 SPOILER ALERT the dad seducing underage boys is central to his demise

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2020 9:44 PM

R24 Oh, you're right. SPOILER AHEAD... remind me, does he get arrested for giving an underage boy alcohol? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2020 3:05 AM

This blond guy that lives near me originally from Wisconsin loves underage guys. He feels the age of consent to be from 13.

by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2020 3:31 PM

R24 yes

by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2020 5:17 PM

Singing with Rufus Wainwright (who looks like Kenny Rogers).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2020 4:13 PM

I hope they make it soon. Jake is actually the perfect age for the role. A lot of it is a memory play, with the Allison Bechdel character as a child of different ages, narrating it as a young adult. Jake is still plausible as the father of a young child, but also as a college-age and then adult daughter.

Plus, frankly... if Dad is any older then the (already sad and inappropriate) thing for adolescent boys is off the ICK scale. That one is already tricky enough to navigate. I wonder if they'll whitewash it in any way.

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2020 4:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!