Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Amy Klobuchar ever get that post debate bump the media excitedly predicted?

I haven't heard about her in a couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 49January 30, 2020 1:03 AM

She was a little over 3% early in 2019, dropping to a little over 1% in mid-summer. She is now back to a little over 3%.

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2020 2:21 PM

Judge for yourself - new debate qualifying poll out today. She's the same nationally, she does draw larger crowds, but then it's January, so everyone draws large crowds...

[bold]CBS/YouGov[/bold]

Changes vs Nov 6 to 13th poll

[bold]Iowa[/bold]

Sanders 23% +1

Biden 23% +1

Buttigieg 23% +2

Warren 16% -2

Klobuchar 7% +2

[bold]New Hampshire[/bold]

Sanders 27% +7

Biden 25% +3

Warren 18% -13

Buttigieg 13% -3

Klobuchar 7% +4

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2020 2:48 PM

^^By the way, that pollster is rated B- with a large margin of error for New Hampshire.

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2020 2:50 PM

She is staying in waiting for Pete to fuck up. And so far, that hasn’t happened.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2020 2:59 PM

She's been focusing on getting into shape for Iowa... with a particular emphasis on diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2020 2:59 PM

Her stump speeches are all the same even with larger crowds - 50% Trump jokes, 50% "I have been on that committee, I have voted on that, I can deliver Minnesota... ME, ME, ME, ME, ME."

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2020 3:01 PM

At least she doesn’t quote the fucking Bible in every stump speech.

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2020 8:42 PM

r7 Bitter Ames, just coming back from a town hall where she told her lame hurricane joke for the millionth time.

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2020 8:45 PM

If she comes out of Iowa in 5th place, in single digits, with virtually no delegates to the next round of district (county) conventions in the process, what exactly is her Mid-America strength?

by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2020 8:54 PM

R7

Just another example of the completely contrived life of mayor Pete. He became a Christian nut he says while in college. Just checking off another requirement to run for President. It is very off-putting and sickening to see a gay man do this.

by Anonymousreply 10January 5, 2020 9:00 PM

She's not coming out of Iowa in 5th pace. Because of the caucus system, there are only three tickets out of Iowa. Four, if the gods intervene on someone's behalf. She needs to win Iowa outright or she's toast in New Hampshire and going forward. Same for Pete, same for Warren, same for Yang.

by Anonymousreply 11January 5, 2020 9:01 PM

[quote]It is very off-putting and sickening to see a gay man do this.

Because the American electorate is famously ready to elect an ATHEIST homosexual into the Oval Office, right? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 12January 5, 2020 9:03 PM

[quote]She's not coming out of Iowa in 5th pace. Because of the caucus system, there are only three tickets out of Iowa.

MANY Iowans are now saying that Amy is their second choice. So she’s very likely to take 2nd place or better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2020 9:26 PM

First of all, Episcopalian intellectual is not a Christian nut as you put it. These folks are in it for the debate and exchange of ideas, not fundamentalist knuckle-dragging. The idea that he decided to the become somewhat religious for political gain is just far too cynical.

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2020 9:32 PM

Klobuchar isnt coming in second place in Iowa or anywhere else. More like sixth or seventh place.

by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2020 9:36 PM

A stapler can leave quite a bump

by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2020 9:37 PM

Cory Booker is pushing the "we're going to surprise everyone in Iowa" line as well.

by Anonymousreply 17January 5, 2020 9:41 PM

Now, you're just being stupid, r15. I don't know that Klobuchar will come in second in Iowa, but there certainly are not five to six other candidates who can beat her there.

by Anonymousreply 18January 5, 2020 9:43 PM

r18 Other than the top 4 , Yang can beat her in Iowa. He expanded his operations in the state drastically and his base is the least likely to be polled by the pollsters, meaning, his actual position in the state is likely to be better than what polls suggest.

by Anonymousreply 19January 5, 2020 9:48 PM

Amy visited every county in the state, including very rural areas, and many Democrats are saying they got interested in her because their Republican family members liked her.

by Anonymousreply 20January 5, 2020 9:57 PM

Op I wouldn't depend on media coverage to judge how she's doing. ALL the candidates are on the back burner right how in this insane news cycle with impeachment and pending war. They are going to have to work really hard on the ground to make an impression because the media is so inundated with other news.

by Anonymousreply 21January 5, 2020 10:00 PM

[quote] [R18] Other than the top 4, Yang can beat her in Iowa

LOL, not likely.

by Anonymousreply 22January 5, 2020 10:14 PM

Yang hasn’t got a shit chance of coming in anywhere but dead last in Iowa. All his endless bitching about “there aren’t enough minorities” isn’t doing him any favors in lily white Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 23January 5, 2020 10:18 PM

I don't like her. During the last debate, she said "oh, we Democrats need to stop fighting." ..... and then she picks a fight with Pete.

by Anonymousreply 24January 5, 2020 10:23 PM

What she meant to say was my plan was to pick a fight with Pete but Liz beat me to it so I had to interrupt.

by Anonymousreply 25January 5, 2020 10:31 PM

She reminds me of an old drunk Aunt you come across in family gatherings. They drink too much because their husband left them and their life is miserable.

by Anonymousreply 26January 5, 2020 10:34 PM

If Klobuchar isn't second in Iowa, I predict she'll drop out. Iowa is right next to Minnesota, so if she should do anywhere, it's there.

by Anonymousreply 27January 5, 2020 10:48 PM

She’s gotten a lot of legislation written and passed for being an “old drunk Aunt”.

How much legislation has Mayo Pete ever gotten passed?

by Anonymousreply 28January 5, 2020 10:49 PM

R28, None of the legislation she has passed has been very impressive.

I think Pete's record of having brought a dying city back from the brink more interesting imo

by Anonymousreply 29January 5, 2020 11:05 PM

She should keep doing that. She's good at it. Being a good legislator is not a qualification for being POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 30January 5, 2020 11:06 PM

Being a mayor is also not a qualification.

by Anonymousreply 31January 5, 2020 11:12 PM

She's praying a fluke (win in Iowa) and fuck up (by Mayor Pete) or to be the winner's VP. But that's seldom a path to the WH in the end, yes?

by Anonymousreply 32January 5, 2020 11:22 PM

I think it's more that her self-awareness is weak enough that she can't understand why she isn't one of the top two in Iowa at this point? She's in denial that her much-touted Minnesota appeal doesn't translate outside the state. Her nasty attack on Pete was clearly venting frustration and jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 33January 5, 2020 11:26 PM

She reminds me of dry drunks

by Anonymousreply 34January 5, 2020 11:27 PM

She’s peaking at just the right time.

by Anonymousreply 35January 5, 2020 11:32 PM

A month ahead of time is not the greatest time to peak, especially when you're still only halfway to being at all viable Statewide.

by Anonymousreply 36January 5, 2020 11:34 PM

I sware to God that if Amy gets the nomination that I'm voting for Trump on the Conservative Party line in New York State!

by Anonymousreply 37January 5, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote] I think Pete's record of having brought a dying city back from the brink more interesting imo

Yeah, except that he didn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 38January 5, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote] I sware to God that if Amy gets the nomination that I'm voting for Trump on the Conservative Party line in New York State!

Well, damn. I'm sure your vote is going to push him right over the edge to victory in NY state.,

PS, sware? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 39January 5, 2020 11:43 PM

Whaddaya know, Amy's ahead of Pete in an Emerson Iowa poll from yesterday, well as a Quinnipiac national poll released today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 28, 2020 11:45 PM

But on average, she's doing worse than Yang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 28, 2020 11:55 PM

That Emerson poll out of Iowa yesterday was pure garbage. Wait for Monmouth Iowa poll out tomorrow and then the last Selzer poll on Saturday. They're both rated A+.

But yes, she's getting a national bump because she's hogging the hallway cameras back in D.C. Sucks for her that the primary isn't national...

by Anonymousreply 42January 29, 2020 12:01 AM

True, r5. But Quinnipiac and Emerson are two of the better pollsters and those two polls are among the most recent (not that I think either Pete, Amy, or Yang is a serious contender).

I see Biden remains in the lead in every recent national poll but one.

by Anonymousreply 43January 29, 2020 12:03 AM

[quote] That Emerson poll out of Iowa yesterday was pure garbage. Wait for Monmouth Iowa poll out tomorrow and then the last Selzer poll on Saturday. They're both rated A+.

Emerson is rated A-, r6. Their track record is pretty decent.

by Anonymousreply 44January 29, 2020 12:05 AM

Nope, they got the A- rating for their 2018 House predictions, but their polling of the primaries has always sucked. Especially now that they've changed their methodology so someone from Russia can theoretically participate in their online poll. That's also the reason they're not a qualifying pollster for the debates.

Just to give you an example of what an outlier poll that one at r40 was - Tulsi, who hasn't been to Iowa since OCTOBER and has zero staff there - is polling at 5%. Same as Yang who is currently on a 21-day bus tour there. You can discard that poll completely and like I said, wait for the Civiqs (rated B/C), Monmouth, and the Selzer poll. Take an average of those three and you'll get a close approximation of what might happen on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 45January 29, 2020 12:16 AM

As to the bump, it turned out to be a wart.

by Anonymousreply 46January 29, 2020 12:36 AM

Just a few more day and we will have ACTUAL RESULTS

by Anonymousreply 47January 29, 2020 12:37 AM

Amy is going to do much better than expected once some actual votes are cast.

by Anonymousreply 48January 29, 2020 11:48 PM

If Amy can't get even 15% from neighboring Iowa, she needs to hang it up and suspend her campaign. She is taking every opportunity during the impeachment trials to shove her face in front of every TV camera that will accept her.

by Anonymousreply 49January 30, 2020 1:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!