Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chuck Todd on his way out at MSNBC

It's about time this idiot was dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 29, 2020 7:01 PM

GOOD. Balding chipmunk-faced mofo. I hate him so much. Let him fuck off to Fox and give handys to the Republicunts he loves so much.

by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2020 3:52 AM

Sounds too good to be true. I just loathe him.

It's interesting that he's been asked to move time slots and isn't budging. Wonder who wins this battle?

by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2020 3:54 AM

Meet the Press used to be required viewing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2020 3:55 AM

Chuck fucking TOAD!

Good riddance!

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2020 3:57 AM

Maybe MSNBC is floating this “rumor” to gauge audience reaction: if there’s an angry outcry, he stays and if people applaud, he goes.

He has always, always been terrible and has only gotten worse over the years. Maybe he can host a podcast far far away from television cameras.

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2020 3:58 AM

I would love to see Nicole Wallace take over.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2020 3:59 AM

the timing is interesting. I'm not a Chuck Todd fan, and I think he's caused a lot of harm overall, but a little while ago he gave an interview talking about how he is just now getting that some (ahem) Republican politicians like Ted Cruz come on his show and spread disinformation. This was all a prelude to his special about how much lying is going on these days.

He was too cowardly to say the obvious: that the modern Republican Party is completely full of shit and it's embarrassing to even have to pretend to sit and listen to the bullshit of the average Republican politician. But it was baby steps toward acknowledging that obvious fact.

And now, pushback and leaks and rumors. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2020 4:01 AM

I love Nicole Wallace but I don’t think 2 hours per day would be good for her. I think she’ll get over exposed.

At end they can just tell Todd to be more aggressive in his questioning.

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2020 4:07 AM

assuming that is actually what they want r8.

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2020 4:09 AM

r8, no, because we would still have to look at his face and silly hairline.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2020 4:10 AM

Chuck needs to go, but I’d rather Nicole move to 5 and Katy to 4 (ET). Katy-Nicole-Ari would be a SOLID block.

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2020 4:10 AM

Nicole could take over Sunday MTP at this point; MSNBC needs a more diverse opinion then a conservative for the drive time slot. They need to support and build a new star

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2020 4:15 AM

Sleepy eyed Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2020 4:20 AM

Don’t people work? Who watches MSNBC at 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm? And on the West Coast it’s 12pm, 1pm, and 2pm, even less likely to be watched.

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2020 4:20 AM

The Rolling Stone interview made him a laughingstock.

[quote] “So I mean, look, if people want to read my answer to your question, ‘Boy, that Chuck Todd was hopelessly naive.’ Yeah, it looks pretty naive. I think we all made the mistake of not following Toni Morrison’s advice, which is when people tell you who they are, believe them.” (Rolling Stone noted that the maxim originated with Maya Angelou.)

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2020 4:21 AM

MSNBC should send Chris Hayes packing as well...

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2020 4:23 AM

So, Nicole Wallace: Is she MSNBC's rising star? Or just a Republican Trojan horse, planted by the Russians to FoxNews-ify the network? We'll discuss this and more, after the break.

by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2020 4:25 AM

It bugs me that he just lets the people he’s interviewing say things that he knows is false. Not just “spin”, but lies.

by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2020 4:28 AM

If she’s such a rising star then why did she get fired from The View?

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2020 4:28 AM

She was too reasonable and didn't stoke enough idiot drama, R19.

by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2020 4:31 AM

Why don’t you like Chris, r16?

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2020 4:34 AM

Lots of musical chairs at MSNBC. Stephanie Ruhle has been named NBC's senior business correspondent, so she'll be spending more time on Today and Nightly News and probably less on MSNBC. Ali Velshi is moving to weekend mornings, and David Gura is moving to weekend afternoons. And Joshua Johnson (formerly of "1A" on NPR) is expected to move into the weekday 3 p.m. anchor slot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2020 4:35 AM

R14, I don’t watch all of it. But it streams on SiriusXM, so I hear a good deal of it, at work or in my car.

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2020 4:37 AM

Why did they break up Velshi & Ruhle?

It was the only daytime MSNBC show that had some zip and personality.

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2020 4:38 AM

[quote]If she’s such a rising star then why did she get fired from The View?

Google searches and required reading skills are evasive to some. If only you had *tried* a combo of both...

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2020 4:39 AM

Todd's a college drop-out and it shows. He's an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2020 4:41 AM

Give the 9am spot to Chris Jansing for God's sake; she is solid gold, MSNBC, and best of the best.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2020 4:43 AM

[quote]Ali Velshi is moving to weekend mornings, and

What??? Ali Velshi is being relegated to Weekend mornings and odious Joshua Johnson is getting a spot on a weekly basis????

Absolutely trash!

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2020 4:43 AM

[quote]Why did they break up Velshi & Ruhle? It was the only daytime MSNBC show that had some zip and personality.

When did this happen? They were just on this morning. Ruhle is a rather vocal antagonist of corporate America, so a shift to "business" is kinda interesting and doesn't necessarily signal a "break up"with co-host. Are you sure it's not wishful thinking on your part?

Oh, and if it's true, good riddance to Chuck Todd who is actually "NBC News Political Director."

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2020 4:46 AM

Yeah, Chris Jansing is a total pro, conversant in everything and utterly unflappable.

Give her Andrea Mitchell's hour. The poor dear is really ... struggling ... to speak ... lately.

by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2020 4:46 AM

So Ali Veshi is going from working 5 days a week to working 1 day a week? Is he still getting paid the same?

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2020 4:47 AM

[quote] I love Nicole Wallace but I don’t think 2 hours per day would be good for her. I think she’ll get over exposed.

I agree. A better option would be to give me another hour that I can use to interview rappers.

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2020 4:47 AM

R29, Velshi & Ruhle is ovah. Currently airing but canceled.

Velshi is moving to weekend mornings. See below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2020 4:49 AM

I thought Joshua Jackson was getting the hour. Nicole is not going to get 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2020 4:49 AM

CNN is bringing on Joan Lunden to replace Alisyn Camerota, who's moving to MSNBC, but they're not saying where.

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2020 4:50 AM

R31 - donald, is that you? Always about the money. Whoa! Wait! Don't you have more pressing problems with which to deal tonight???!!!

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote] What??? Ali Velshi is being relegated to Weekend mornings

He's going to be teaching at the Wharton School in Philly, which might have something to do with it. This article says that he will continue to fill in for prime-time anchors during the week, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2020 4:51 AM

If Ali Velshi is moving to weekend mornings, what's going to happen to Joy Reid? I love her show.

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2020 4:52 AM

[quote] If Ali Velshi is moving to weekend mornings, what's going to happen to Joy Reid? I love her show.

Ali Velshi will be anchoring from 8 to 10 a.m., before Joy Reid. Joy's apparently not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2020 4:54 AM

Cable news doesn't do two-hour slots except in the morning.

Nicolle is not going to do a two-hour afternoon show.

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2020 4:54 AM

i have r8 on block. 😬.

Everyone knows Wallace got kicked to the curb because she *literally* didn’t know what a Kardashian was. Producers told her, “you better fuckin’ learn what a Kardashian is if you wanna stay on that couch princess.” She said fuck off.

She is THE right replacement for Chuck on MTP.

by Anonymousreply 41January 3, 2020 4:57 AM

Joy Reid is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 42January 3, 2020 4:57 AM

How dumb do you have to be to not know what a Kardashian is?

by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2020 4:59 AM

Ugh, R22.

I DETEST Joshua Johnson; talk about up your own ass. He is wayyyyyy too impressed with himself. I find him unlistenable, and will not be watching his new show.

by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2020 4:59 AM

Reading here I can't help feeling bad for Chuck Todd. Heck! He is nowhere as cringeworthy as his MTP predecessor David "Dancing With Karl Rove" Gregory.

by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2020 5:00 AM

No, CNN is bringing in Barbara Walters to replace Erin Burnett and Brianna Keilar, who are headed off to a fat farm for a few months.

by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2020 5:01 AM

Literally the most hilarious thing about this thread is how the posters try to paint this guy as pro-republican.

by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2020 5:03 AM

Why are all the networks shuffling this month? Is there a rule you have to do this in January? CNN also fired Dave Whathisname on the overnight show.

by Anonymousreply 48January 3, 2020 5:04 AM

CNN is in a ratings free fall and they're trying to bring back the old timers.

by Anonymousreply 49January 3, 2020 5:06 AM

"What about meeeeee...?" (The stick wedged up Noah Rothman's grey-trousered ass, asking for a friend)

by Anonymousreply 50January 3, 2020 5:08 AM

Getting Chuck Todd off MSNBC is a start. It would be better to have him out of NBC entirely.

Better yet, just get his incompetent ass off the air. Barring that, let him cover sports in a mid-sized American town. He'd be great in Indianapolis covering high school and college basketball.

by Anonymousreply 51January 3, 2020 5:10 AM

Who is Chris Jansing? Is he hot?

by Anonymousreply 52January 3, 2020 5:11 AM

R47 - No, more so an early appeaser than pro-Republican.

by Anonymousreply 53January 3, 2020 5:15 AM

CNN is to much of a joke these days. They get loud and crazy on air during segments over there. You don't see that kind of craziness on MSNBC. There much more serious about how they report the news then CNN or fox, which isn't even really the news.

I definitely watch more MSNBC now then I ever did before. And have for the last 5, 6 years. The Trump resistance coverage is strong, and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 54January 3, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote] Who is Chris Jansing? Is he hot?

He is about as hot as you can be when you're a 62-year-old woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 3, 2020 5:18 AM

R16 - “MSNBC should send Chris Hayes packing as well...”

Truer words were never spoken. I loathe that puffy, smarmy, over the hill hipster, Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 56January 3, 2020 5:18 AM

R42 Give it a rest, that talking point is so fucking tired at this point. No one gives a shit about some made up bullshit the Russians tried to pin on joy. It was all faked bullshit.

Let it go already.

by Anonymousreply 57January 3, 2020 5:19 AM

Wait, I thought Brook Baldwin has a two hour daily slot on CNN? She still does right?

by Anonymousreply 58January 3, 2020 5:23 AM

While I don't watch MSNBC as much, I know he isn't meant to be on there.

Why are some criticizing Chris Hayes? I don't watch, but I used to like him when I did.

by Anonymousreply 59January 3, 2020 5:25 AM

So do Anderson Hooper and Don 🍋.

by Anonymousreply 60January 3, 2020 5:26 AM

Next get rid of ugly and stupid Chris Matthews and botox bitch Mika. They're both hardcore Clinton haters and enablers of Trump .

by Anonymousreply 61January 3, 2020 5:29 AM

Chris Hayes is insanely smart and is good with general political news. But you bitches want some pretty buff thing to spew lies all night, don't you.

I wish that there was a way for MSNBC to avoid recycling the same stuff from 6-10pn.

by Anonymousreply 62January 3, 2020 5:31 AM

I j’adore Matthews, you’ve pegged him totally wrong, he’s hardcore progressive. But he also believes in the principal of giving everyone an opportunity to speak their minds. And when they’re full of shit, he calls them on it, I’ve watched him crush balls.

Sure he’s old, but he is a true progressive. His terrible interrupting has finally grown on me too.

Mika on the other hand.....

by Anonymousreply 63January 3, 2020 5:42 AM

Chuck looks "special " in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 64January 3, 2020 5:44 AM

Chuck never really pushes back hard enough when it's obvious someone is lying. He lets them ramble without stopping them in their tracks. Then a weak followup question and acceptance. All they have to do is repeat their lies more than once and he lets it slide. And that's really their end goal. Using Chuck to get their talking point on TV.

He's like the Wolf Blitzer of MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 65January 3, 2020 5:49 AM

Where I come from, boys like Todd got beat up just for being weasels. Harsh but true.

by Anonymousreply 66January 3, 2020 5:58 AM

r16 are you nuts? Chris Hayes has one of the best shows on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 67January 3, 2020 6:07 AM

[quote]Chuck never really pushes back hard enough when it's obvious someone is lying.

Neither does Steve Kornacki.

by Anonymousreply 68January 3, 2020 6:08 AM

Steve Kornacki is a statistics guy, he is good at what he dose. He has never claimed to be a political insider reporter.

by Anonymousreply 69January 3, 2020 6:10 AM

I cannot stand Steve Kornacki. I think he is absolutely awful.

by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2020 6:15 AM

I like Steve, sort of your basic geeky gay guy who just discovered Couscous.

by Anonymousreply 71January 3, 2020 6:17 AM

I'm free!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 3, 2020 6:19 AM

[quote] He has always, always been terrible and has only gotten worse over the years. Maybe he can host a podcast far far away from television cameras.

They’ve already given him a podcasts because you can never have enough chuck. Life affords endless opportunities for white males with so little intelligence and talent.

[quote] Chris Hayes has one of the best shows on MSNBC.

Chris Hayes suffers from chronic diarrhea of the mouth.

[quote] I cannot stand Steve Kornacki. I think he is absolutely awful.

Cute but awful. I can’t stand to listen to him. He too now has a podcast.

by Anonymousreply 73January 3, 2020 6:24 AM

I don't mean to be bitchy, but why couldn't this have been on the long-running MSNBC threads? Didn't they get up to #13 or such? Oh, wait. Muriel kept working her "magic" deleting or stopping long-running, productive threads.

by Anonymousreply 74January 3, 2020 6:31 AM

Because we wouldn’t be having a 75-response discussion if it were. It would be a 2-response discussion there.

by Anonymousreply 75January 3, 2020 6:35 AM

Of course we wouldn't after the site admin killed them dead. Had Muriel kept her snout out, we'd still be going strong on the MSNBC threads rather than searching for the continuation after the sequentials had been suspiciously killed off.

by Anonymousreply 76January 3, 2020 6:48 AM

On the off-chance someone from MSNBC is reading opinions on the net, I would just like to say I also hate Chuckles the Toad and turn the channel whenever he appears.

by Anonymousreply 77January 3, 2020 8:57 AM

Get rid of Hallie Jackson too! She’s loud, obnoxious and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 78January 3, 2020 10:08 AM

What the hell are you doing, MSNBC? Bad move taking Ali Velshi off the air weekdays and banishing him to weekends. The guy is a workhorse and explains things like no other. I especially like Velshi and Ruhle together. Ruhle is very good explaining the economy and stock market.

by Anonymousreply 79January 3, 2020 10:16 AM

I can’t stand Chuck Todd. Good riddance. I stopped watching Meet The Press because of him. I liked David Gregory.

by Anonymousreply 80January 3, 2020 10:19 AM

Bring back Thomas Roberts. He was great. David Guru is like watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 81January 3, 2020 10:21 AM

I love Alex Witt on the weekends. She’s fabulous.

I like Joy-Ann Reid too, but someone’s got to tell her to slow down. Her speech pattern is like caffeine mixed with Red Bull mixed with speed.

by Anonymousreply 82January 3, 2020 10:27 AM

Who’s the punk rock Allison newbie chick filling in on the weekend? She looks like Pink.

by Anonymousreply 83January 3, 2020 10:32 AM

I’m an MSNBC addict. However, when Chuck Todd is on, I turn to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 84January 3, 2020 10:36 AM

Bring back Tina Brown as a guest on Morning Joe. Get rid of Noah what’s-his-name with the know-it-all stick up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 85January 3, 2020 10:40 AM

Keep Ali Velshi on weekdays!! What the hell are you doing? And don’t break up Velshi & Ruhle. Put Joshua Jackson nobody on the weekends. Who made this stupid decision?

by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2020 10:47 AM

I love Nicolle Wallace, but I’m not sure she should be on for two hours. It might be overexposure although I would tune in. She’s excellent, and I love that she’s a never-Trumper. Except when Trump is gone, will she turn back into a typical Repig?

by Anonymousreply 87January 3, 2020 10:51 AM

Don’t touch Lawrence O’Donnell. He’s my MSNBC favorite, day or night.

by Anonymousreply 88January 3, 2020 10:53 AM

[quote]Who’s the punk rock Allison newbie chick filling in on the weekend? She looks like Pink.

Her name is Alison Morris. Yeah, she is like a pretty punk chick with Maddox intellect. I was sure she was a baby dyke but turns out she is married to a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 3, 2020 10:53 AM

When Brian Williams has Nicolle Wallace on his show as a guest, those two are vicious queens. The knives are out.

by Anonymousreply 90January 3, 2020 10:57 AM

Chris Jansing is a dead ringer for Madge.

by Anonymousreply 91January 3, 2020 11:06 AM

When will Morning Joe have Rachel Maddow no his show? The other vicious queen Joe and Meika cant stand her, never a mention of her name. She has higher ratings. Jealous much?

by Anonymousreply 92January 3, 2020 11:06 AM

I like Chris Hayes when he does his live audience segments and his bitchy Thing 1, Thing 2. Oh, Gurl.

And the wonderful last remaining heterosexual dinosaur Chris Matthews must remain. What’s Trump doin’? Let’s play Hardball

by Anonymousreply 93January 3, 2020 11:06 AM

I know everyone loves Nicole Wallace but I still don't trust anyone who worked for McCain. She was very clever at creating the spin that her and Steve Schmidt were victims of Palin, rather than enablers. Tweedledee and Tweedledum were the ones who picked her for their scumbag boss McCain. And mark my words if Palin hadn't become the butt of national jokes and McCain had won , they would be proudly taking credit for her right now . Wallace is just smart enough to realize that history will not take kindly to Trump and is distancing herself accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 94January 3, 2020 11:07 AM

R94, Why did the McCain family exclude her from his funeral?

by Anonymousreply 95January 3, 2020 11:09 AM

I like Joe and Mika and their ‘we just fucked’ bitchiness; however, if Mika asks women to Know Your Value one more friggin time, I’m gonna have to ask Trump to make fun of her bloody plastic surgery once again.

by Anonymousreply 96January 3, 2020 11:12 AM

Chuck will angle for the shep smith spot at Fox, he is best suited to their rethuglican views anyway. I HATE Chuck and I cannot wait until he leaves!

by Anonymousreply 97January 3, 2020 11:14 AM

R95 I didn't realize that they had. If true I assume they were offended by her distancing herself from her part in the failed campaign or something

by Anonymousreply 98January 3, 2020 11:15 AM

Mika is a bitch and so is Joe. They shouted down anyone who questioned their ties to Trump early in the campaign. And of course they regurgitated the mainstream media bullshit about how voters would have to "hold their nose " to vote for Clinton. Fuck them both, I hope her next facelift fails. And let's get real, the only women she wants to know their worth are pampered rich white cunts like her.

by Anonymousreply 99January 3, 2020 11:18 AM

I learned more about the economy from Ali Velshi than I ever did in four years of college. He's gold! Stephanie is too "high powered" on her own. Velshi and Ruhle worked. It was dumb to break them up and really awful to stick Velshi in a weekend morning slot. He deserves better. As for Nicole, she is popular with viewers. but no, two hours of Nicole is one hour too long. Blame the late Tim Russert for Chuck Todd's ascension. He was the guy with the clipboard crunching numbers for Russert on TV. I often believe the reason Chuck Todd doesn't challenge the liars is because he feels too insecure...and rightly so... about his own intelligence capabilities. Sometimes he doesn't even know what he doesn't know. Fact is, with so many pundit roundtables, and it is now the accepted format on most networks, MTP is no longer unique. There's no reason for daily segment. Once a week is enough.

by Anonymousreply 100January 3, 2020 11:21 AM

Chuck would make a good men's room attendant at my local truck stop. Picture it..he fits right in, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 101January 3, 2020 11:27 AM

R95. I believe the McCain family doesn’t like the nauseating sainted John McCain to be criticized. And Nicolle Wallace was rather opportunistic (no matter how much I like her now) in her criticism of Sarah Palin.

However, John McCain should be forever condemned for unleashing Palin on the America public. McCain’s slogan was “America First,” and he certainly was not putting the country first by selecting that Palin incompetent piece of shit. Palin is largely responsible for the rise of the disastrous Tea Party. McCain and his campaign team ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for the Palin decision. I never liked McCain. I like Steve Schmidt and Nicolle Wallace now, but Palin is forever a black stain on their characters.

by Anonymousreply 102January 3, 2020 11:28 AM

R103 I agree about McCain. McCain was one nasty ugly piece of work and I suspect that the famous Rolling Stone article was just the tip of the iceberg. I bet that there is a lot we will never hear about that man due to all the simpering journalists who fancied themselves his best buddies and wouldn't print a bad word about him for years . How he became known as a so called honorable republican is a real head scratcher.

by Anonymousreply 103January 3, 2020 11:33 AM

Did someone call? I will never go away.

This catchy tune will stick in your brain like shit on shit flys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 3, 2020 11:35 AM

I like Morning Joe now, but Joe, Mika and their team of regulars hyped Trump incessantly in 2016. It was disgusting, and Joe and Mika ought to own it, take responsibility and admit what they did. They deserve a large part of the blame for what they promoted but now don’t want to hear it.

Joe and Mika promoting Trump are no different than Steve Schmidt and Nicole Wallace promoting Palin. The only difference is that Palin lost so we forgive and forget Schmidt and Wallace, but Joe and Mika’s candidate won forever polluting the nation. Joe and Mika: Own it. You contributed to this nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 105January 3, 2020 11:45 AM

Chris Jansen also the same age as Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 106January 3, 2020 11:47 AM

Exactly what R105 Said. I watched Morning Joe for years and they totally propped up Trump. He was practically on the air every night calling in. Always talking about Hillary's emails pretending to be so concerned. Meanwhile they were hanging out with Trump privately at Mar Lago fancy parties. Then they had their little bitch fight about Mika's face and suddenly it was as if none of that happened and no clue or responsibility of how they helped him get elected with so much free air time and trashing his opponent.

They really do need to fess up and acknowledge publicly they did that. I dont care how much they go after him now, it's too late, they got him elected.

by Anonymousreply 107January 3, 2020 11:53 AM

Deplorables got The Orange Shit Ass elected. Not Morning Joe and Mika

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 3, 2020 12:09 PM

R108, you can't deny the MSM's role in normalizing Trump. The moment he started with the birther crap, he never should've been allowed a platform ever again. Then they continued to cover him when he ran, despite his fear-mongering, racism and bigotry being his entire strategy. That was the moment they should've turned off the cameras. They never covered other candidates the way they did Trump because "ratings" rather than doing what's right. No moral compass with the media. No thought to how he was hurting so many people with his vile rhetoric. And people like Joe and Mika helped elect him. You people who forgive are suckers. They set fire to the house and the house is already gone. Putting a hose on it now is meaningless. Damage done - again. Just like the lead up to the Iraq war. You can't forgive people like that because we will feel the ramifications for their part for years to come. Too little too late.

by Anonymousreply 109January 3, 2020 12:21 PM

R108. Yes, the deplorables did elect Trump, but Joe and Mika helped significantly. They have a sizable platform, and they welcomed Trump onto their stage at every turn and condemned Hillary Clinton over emails rather than Trump’s extensive criminal activity, tax evasion and incompetence.

Peter North started off in gay porn. And it doesn’t much matter how much he denies it as a straight just trying to make a living way back when. The original tapes still exist.

by Anonymousreply 110January 3, 2020 12:24 PM

[quote]i have [R8] on block

I get pointing out the trolls if you stumble across one, but this is ridiculous. R8 didn't say anything even remotely trollish.

I've been seeing this more lately and I don't get what's going on. Are you trying to get the rest of us to put him on block? Why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 111January 3, 2020 1:07 PM

Morning Joe and Mika did a lot of work to get Trump elected. Remember that episode around Christmas where they were all in their pajamas listening to Trump rant and rave on the phone, like it was a totally normal and even comforting thing to do?

by Anonymousreply 112January 3, 2020 1:08 PM

The media in general gave a Trump way too much of a platform, even when they were sort of mocking him. It was “funny” until he won, and they seemed appalled and surprised when he was elected. They are all somewhat to blame for normalizing him and not taking the threat of him actually winning seriously.

by Anonymousreply 113January 3, 2020 1:10 PM

That's the weirdest thing about Chuck Todd isn't it, r51? He's so obviously made for the sports desk or as a travelling reporter who acts as the eyes on the ground during breaking news, yet they put him in this analytical political position that he very obviously had no qualifications for.

by Anonymousreply 114January 3, 2020 1:12 PM

Page Six reported that Chris Matthews was being fired two years ago. That's some crack reporting. Just reading anything from that paper makes me feel like I need a shower.

by Anonymousreply 115January 3, 2020 1:14 PM

Re R110 - Only at DL would Morning Joe & Mika be compared with the career of Peter North

by Anonymousreply 116January 3, 2020 1:17 PM

Only here would the comparison be illustrative of R110's point.

You've got to know your audience when you're writing.

by Anonymousreply 117January 3, 2020 1:18 PM

I don't mind Meet the Press Daily...when Katy Tur is hosting...

by Anonymousreply 118January 3, 2020 1:25 PM

Nicole Wallace is currently the best thing on MSNBC, but she needs to make sure that she doesn't revert back to her Republican ways once Trump is out of office. Viewers will drop her like a bad habit if that happens. Same goes with Joe and Mika.

by Anonymousreply 119January 3, 2020 1:32 PM

Nicolle Wallace didn't quit The View. She has been pretty forthcoming about this. They told her to learn who the Kardashians are and she tried but it wasn't good enough and she was fired.

by Anonymousreply 120January 3, 2020 1:58 PM

The only way MSNBC works right now is if it follows Rachel Maddow's lead and provides scrupulously researched, reliably accurate information and commentary. If it just does the old "present both sides of the controversy" thing it's indistinguishable from CNN and equally worthless.

by Anonymousreply 121January 3, 2020 2:09 PM

r113, remember that it was MSNBC's parent company that rehabilitated Trump's image after all his ignominious business failures by giving him "The Apprentice," which put over the lie that made him a viable presidential candidate--that he's a self-made entrepreneurial genius. NBC has a LOT to answer for and making MSNBC the premiere broadcast source of truth about who Trump really is and what he's actually been doing is a fitting penance, even if it won't reverse the damage done by the fucking "Apprentice."

by Anonymousreply 122January 3, 2020 2:13 PM

Chris Hayes is not "puffy". The guy is solid muscle...so much so his chest can't be covered up by his suit jacket. He is an Adonis. His thick hair, chiseled features. His biceps are huge! Look how tight his suit fits him. His biceps are much bigger than Anderson's. Anderson and his "muscles" wouldn't last 5 minutes against Chris.

by Anonymousreply 123January 3, 2020 2:49 PM

Totally, R122! I’m sure a lot of people outside NYC knew him mostly for The Apprentice and the vague notion that he was a “successful businessman.” Most elections appear to be decided on such superficial assessments (remember the whole “Bush would be more fun to have a beer with than Gore” thing?) but in this case, if you scratched the most surface-y of surfaces, you’d know he was insane. We got what we asked for, but them giving him all that attention was a large part of how he won. That, and all the angry people who loved seeing him put his thumb in the eye of respectable (well, more respectable than him) political discourse. He really tapped into a lot of people’s latent discontent and anger. But if the media had ignored him, we wouldn’t be here now in this stupid situation.

by Anonymousreply 124January 3, 2020 2:49 PM

R114 Whst do you expect? Chuck is a white man, and plenty of mediocre white men, and women occupy positions their not qualified to hold. That's what happens in a white power structure.

So you shouldn't be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 125January 3, 2020 3:07 PM

R124, are you familiar with the vote count for that election? You don't seem very informed.

by Anonymousreply 126January 3, 2020 3:10 PM

MSNBC needs to clean house. They can get rid of Maddow too while they’re at it.

by Anonymousreply 127January 3, 2020 3:17 PM

More than an hour a day is going to ruin Nicole. She's good but not Andrea Mitchell good. I like Chuck Todd on Sundays but every day MTP is too much. Nicole will fall in the same trap if she's on more than an hour a day.

by Anonymousreply 128January 3, 2020 3:20 PM

Hmmm, R126...not sure what you mean. Regardless of the popular vote, both Bush and Trump had enough votes to win where they needed them. Not sure what I am missing...?

by Anonymousreply 129January 3, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote] ... but not Andrea Mitchell good.

WTF? That old Republican crone needs to be put out to pasture. By the end of the day, preferably.

She needs to get home and wrap her mouth around her husband's dick so they can enjoy their golden years while they still can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 3, 2020 3:24 PM

[quote] Nicole Wallace is currently the best thing on MSNBC, but she needs to make sure that she doesn't revert back to her Republican ways once Trump is out of office.

Yeah, what will happen to her and to Joe Scarborough and to all of the conservative "Never Trumper" MSNBC contributors (like Jennifer Rubin, Charlie Sykes, etc.) once a Democrat is in the White House? Will they praise Biden or Warren (or whoever the Democratic president is), or will they go back to criticizing Democrats again? And if it's the latter, will MSNBC continue to use them as contributors? How will MSNBC transition from "all Trump, all the time" to something else?

by Anonymousreply 131January 3, 2020 3:32 PM

I know Chuck Todd is hated here, but he is in the position where he simply can't be as liberal as the other MSNBC show hosts. His primary responsibility is his Sunday Meet the Press show and if he is seen as too liberal, conservatives would never appear on his Sunday show. I actually don't think he should be doing a daily show, he isn't there half the time anyway.

by Anonymousreply 132January 3, 2020 4:10 PM

Listen. NEVER underestimate the MSM's ability to set the political agenda and to manipulate public opinion. Period. Trump is a media creation. If you go back to the 70's or 80's he has not changed his opinions or what he believes one bit. In the mid 80's he was saying a lot of the same things he says now. He has not changed. The media knew what he was about, they knew about his business dealings, etc. They never vetted him. Not really. Even when they reported news about him, it had no legs. The MSM is perfectly capable as we have seen on countless occasions, of keeping a story alive. Of giving inconsequential things weight and importance. Be smarter.

by Anonymousreply 133January 3, 2020 4:29 PM

true r111, that’s how the best trolls troll though.

I am completely indifferent as to what you do with my info — I rarely have more than two posters on block at a time. So my post is just a PSA.

by Anonymousreply 134January 3, 2020 4:45 PM

Mika is the Maureen Dowd for an early morning cable show. Snide remarks about HRC are years too old. They won't let very old grudges die.

Joe Scarborough is still very popular. While he's sometimes annoying, he can zap hard when he chooses. He created the nickname Moscow Mitch. I like his commentaries. He's very quick witted.

by Anonymousreply 135January 3, 2020 5:12 PM

TYT:

Chuck Todd FINALLY Realizes How Trump Uses Him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 3, 2020 6:16 PM

I'd like to spend an hour each evening focusing on Vaughn Hillyard's hole.

by Anonymousreply 137January 3, 2020 6:46 PM

Maybe Ronan’s coming back. I know that is an impossibility but I am dream.

I hope Chuck Toad and his greasy toupee are gone soon. He’s so goddamn stupid. He’s visibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 138January 3, 2020 6:57 PM

R138 Agreed. Toad looks 'special'.

by Anonymousreply 139January 3, 2020 7:28 PM

So no one wants to suck Todd's dick just a little?

by Anonymousreply 140January 3, 2020 7:53 PM

John Fugelsang deserves his own show on MSNBC at 4:00pm and move Nicolle Wallace to 5:00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 3, 2020 8:03 PM

^A million times this. I love John F.

by Anonymousreply 142January 3, 2020 8:05 PM

NO, R140! NO!!!

by Anonymousreply 143January 3, 2020 8:49 PM

Can't stand Chuck Todd. It's about time the brass at NBC took some action.

by Anonymousreply 144January 3, 2020 9:43 PM

I hate Chuck Todd as well and always change the channel every time I see him. He should have been fired a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 145January 3, 2020 10:53 PM

I want them to give Ali Arouzi his own show just so I can look at him every day. Hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 146January 4, 2020 12:11 AM

Bring back Phil Donahue! And while at it, being back Suze Orman to CNBC! I really miss her show.

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2020 2:12 AM

Are used to watch Meet the Press all the time. But I switched over to George Stephanopoulos’ program.He is a far better interviewer than a toad.

That said his last show on how rumors and disinformation are spread was quite good. It ties into how he made a fool out of himself with the other interview. Frankly he should retire given that was the best show ever did. Oh and he’s a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2020 2:35 AM

Are used to watch Meet the Press all the time. But I switched over to George Stephanopoulos’ program.He is a far better interviewer than a toad.

That said his last show on how rumors and disinformation are spread was quite good. It ties into how he made a fool out of himself with the other interview. Frankly he should retire given that was the best show ever did. Oh and he’s a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 149January 4, 2020 2:35 AM

What is the story behind Joe's hating of Rachel? When he shows clips from her show it is credited to 'MSNBC', but he'll credit Hayes, Hardball, Williams, or Last Word

by Anonymousreply 150January 4, 2020 3:29 AM

Meet the Press has not been watchable since the death of Tim Russert.

by Anonymousreply 151January 4, 2020 4:03 AM

Nicolle is my favorite on MSNBC, but I like Ari and Chris Hayes also. I never have cared for Chuck at all. No loss.

by Anonymousreply 152January 4, 2020 4:06 AM

I get a kick out if all the hate for Chuck Todd here. It's obvious that nibody5 here has ever seen Face the Nation. That Brennan interview with White House Barbie was embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 153January 4, 2020 4:10 AM

That cartoon president show on showtime sent him up. I loved it when he said "I'm chuck Todd and nobody remembers hiring me."

I saw this before this thread and thought it was dead on hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 154January 4, 2020 4:15 AM

Please type in English R153.

by Anonymousreply 155January 4, 2020 4:22 AM

R123 = Chris “Puff Boy” Hayes.

And if you can see your muscles through your dress jacket, get a bigger fucking jacket, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 156January 4, 2020 4:32 AM

You can't be all that bright if you're thrown by some typos, r155.

by Anonymousreply 157January 4, 2020 4:32 AM

R155 r/e R153.... 😂

by Anonymousreply 158January 4, 2020 4:33 AM

nobody knows what is happening here, do they?

by Anonymousreply 159January 4, 2020 4:36 AM

I never thought that David Gregory should have fired from Meet The Press. I liked him. Can't stand Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 160January 4, 2020 4:41 AM

oh they were pretty much the same, don't ever push back too hard on the rich and powerful. it's all kind of the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 161January 4, 2020 4:44 AM

Well, Chuck does love Stacey Abrams for all of you who believe that she should be the Dem running mate. Otherwise, he is snarky and not terribly likeable.

by Anonymousreply 162January 4, 2020 4:57 AM

Chuck got issues. but it is funny the second he tried to not have issues, they started talking about how he should maybe cut back.

by Anonymousreply 163January 4, 2020 4:58 AM

Good. And take his “bro-ization” of things-Meet The Press with him.

by Anonymousreply 164January 4, 2020 5:00 AM

He’s a snarky (cunty), and smarmy (phoney), dweeb.

by Anonymousreply 165January 4, 2020 5:09 AM

[quote] What is the story behind Joe's hating of Rachel?

I'm not sure exactly why, but he has hated her ever since she started at MSNBC. Here he is in 2008 when he argued with Rachel and then walked off the set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 4, 2020 5:29 AM

Rachel's neck used to be so wide.

She lost 10 pounds in the last decade, and all of it was neck.

by Anonymousreply 167January 4, 2020 5:47 AM

Velshi and Ruhle are really getting the soft-pedaled bum's rush.

Weekdays to weekends is a definite demotion for Velshi. As is "senior whatever correspondent" for Stephanie. NBC has pulled this before—yanking someone off a regular role, making them a "senior" correspondent, and they disappear.

Why, though? Their show is the only one I enjoyed. Who did they piss off?

by Anonymousreply 168January 4, 2020 5:51 AM

he often voted most hated man on MSNBC......snotty as fuk

by Anonymousreply 169January 4, 2020 5:55 AM

I used to watch Meet The Press with Tim regularly.

Was appalled when Chuck was given his position. Turn the channel when he’s on now. NBC needs to axe this guy:now.

The guy is TERRIBLE. Ignorant. Poor interviewer.

I mean, who supports this imbecile?

Don’t get me started on the Dem debates....where Todd spoke more than the candidates....

by Anonymousreply 170January 4, 2020 5:57 AM

I dug D Gregory too, cute, smart, good vibes::::opposite of mr toad

by Anonymousreply 171January 4, 2020 5:57 AM

R152, Ari is hottest when he doesn't shave.

by Anonymousreply 172January 4, 2020 7:32 AM

R171, He has severe monkey face.

by Anonymousreply 173January 4, 2020 7:33 AM

Dump Todd, he's terrible. I don't like Joe either. I love Rachel. And I like Chris just fine.

by Anonymousreply 174January 4, 2020 7:46 AM

And Ari would be one damn sexy bottom. Love him.

by Anonymousreply 175January 4, 2020 7:49 AM

{quote]What is the story behind Joe's hating of Rachel? When he shows clips from her show it is credited to 'MSNBC', but he'll credit Hayes, Hardball, Williams, or Last Word

The above poster who provided the video clip is correct. Rachel smacked him down so hard intellectually in free-flowing debate that he could not come close to holding up his own end of the argument. It was emotional (as in Joe couldn't deal with his anger) and Joe had an even harder time afterwards (how many years ago?) that Maddow was never invited back or even mentioned on his show.

He prefers women like Mika "who knows her worth" (i.e. the daughter of Zbigniew Brzezinski who didn't inherit a modicum of his brains and spatters her stupidity in books) and can be bowled over easily, perhaps, like his dead intern. Rachel did not take his shit and he was not pleased at all. He can't deal with his humiliation a decade later, so Maddow is a non-person to him.

by Anonymousreply 176January 4, 2020 8:10 AM

im queer for Lawrence odonnell, smart/handsome/all around Kind guy....

by Anonymousreply 177January 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Last year when it came time hand over the hour, Nicolle Wallace would do it with Chuck live where they would interact. He'd chide her for being a minute or two late. Then a few months ago she would just say, "Now it's time for MTP Daily with my friend Chuck Todd", and they cut to the opening of the show. No live interaction. Now she doesn't even say my friend. He must not be happy with her.

by Anonymousreply 178January 4, 2020 11:17 AM

Maybe she's not happy with him.

by Anonymousreply 179January 4, 2020 12:15 PM

[quote]What is the story behind Joe's hating of Rachel?

She's a lot smarter than him, she's more educated than him, and her likability AND ratings are higher than him. He's just a petty jealous bitch.

by Anonymousreply 180January 4, 2020 12:47 PM

R177, Stop the hammering!!!

by Anonymousreply 181January 4, 2020 12:56 PM

What r176 and r180 said.

That clip on r166 is from when the 2008 primaries were still happening.

If I recall correctly, during the actual election night broadcast when Obama defeated McCain Maddow and Scarborough got into it again during the panel when all were present on the set. Their tense interaction actually caused a prolonged silence on air.

I remember my eyes wide as saucers, saying out loud, "Whoa" and hearing this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 4, 2020 1:01 PM

Do where know where Joshua Johnson's slot will be? I can't stand him and 1A.

by Anonymousreply 183January 4, 2020 1:04 PM

On MSNBC, If I'm around during the day, I start with Craig Melvin because he's hot, then I watch Andrea Mitchell's news hour, She has impeccable sources cultivated over many years and she is respected so you get good stuff on her show. Then Ali Velshi and Stephanie Ruhle. Nicole Wallace, then I skip Todd and Melber, and watch Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes, Rachel and LAwrence O'Donnell. Now I don't watch all of them every day. No way. But that is who I watch on MSNBC. I will pop in on George Stephanopoulis, and I try to catch Jeffrey Toobin and a couple of others on CNN. That's it. That's my TV news consumption. No more Morning Joe, not MTP and no Ari Melber.

by Anonymousreply 184January 4, 2020 1:39 PM

Good, R184. Because Ari Melber is MINE!

by Anonymousreply 185January 4, 2020 1:40 PM

Mika takes off more than any person on these news shows. She's always "away with family".

by Anonymousreply 186January 4, 2020 10:14 PM

Hi there......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 4, 2020 10:52 PM

^^^That's the best pic of Hayes I've ever seen. I think his dad bod is sexy. And his blue eyes are dreamy. I want him to pound me.

by Anonymousreply 188January 5, 2020 3:04 AM

Hayes? Bleccch.

One hour with his show is like six hours with a beagle puppy.

by Anonymousreply 189January 5, 2020 4:29 AM

His arrogance is sexy because he knows he's smart and he's on our side. So I like him.

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2020 5:16 AM

My favorite pairing of any two hosts on MSNBC is when Rachel and Nicole get together. They're both usually on fire, and it just seems like there is so much admiration between them.

by Anonymousreply 191January 5, 2020 5:48 AM

Nicolle could host all day and all night if I had my wish. She is bright, beautiful, razor-sharp, very cognitive, and a perfect orator. I also love Ari, Chris and Rachel. Just split the day between those 4 please.

by Anonymousreply 192January 5, 2020 6:01 AM

Ari Melber just so fucking handsome, that smile, the manly 5 o'clock shadow. But I would have to divorce him if he brought that rap shit into the house. LOL

by Anonymousreply 193January 5, 2020 9:50 AM

am I the only one who is rubbed the wrong way by perpetually perky miss Nicole?

yuk that toothy smile and forever cheeeer fuuuuul….get some moxie girl, give em hell

by Anonymousreply 194January 5, 2020 11:53 AM

I'm not an Ari fan. He bats his eyelashes at me one too many times and it's a turn off. Ari is that guy. He has been handsome and catered to all his life. He's smug about his education and his intelligence. And he can be rude and pushy to his colleagues. His interaction with the other people at MSNBC shows he is not very well thought of. I like Jeffrey Toobin better. I know you will alll scream at me, but something about Ari leaves me cold. I had a boyfriend like him once about 20 years ago. He was a cold bastard who cheated on me.

by Anonymousreply 195January 5, 2020 12:47 PM

Don't forget Ms. Wallace is a Republican and she worked to advance the policies of the Cheney/Bush administration.

by Anonymousreply 196January 5, 2020 12:48 PM

How the fuck is Andy Lack still in his job? He should have been fired LONG before Chuck fucking Todd.

by Anonymousreply 197January 5, 2020 1:22 PM

R197 is getting to it. Matt Lauer. Megyn Kelly. Chuck Todd.

There are all kinds of strange things coming out of NBC management. Perhaps too much corporate involvement has muddled the decision making process, shifting it to management's own parochial concerns and away from focusing on the programming.

by Anonymousreply 198January 5, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote]I'm not an Ari fan.

His obsession and it is an obsession with Hip Hop and trying to incorporate lyrics in every show keeps me from tuning in. If I wanted to watch MTV or Fuse I would.

by Anonymousreply 199January 5, 2020 2:04 PM

r184: "On MSNBC, If I'm around during the day, I start with Craig Melvin because he's hot, then I watch Andrea Mitchell's news hour,..."

Craig Melvin has a clear-your-throat-DAMMIT! non-voice; can't stand to listen to him.

Andrea Mitchell has never uttered one sentence where she didn't hesitate several times, seem uncertain as to her train of thought, and in general speak like the most awkward person in the room. Moreover, how many Criscoed camera lenses does this old bat insist on?

Love MSNBC; just not between 11:00 a.m.---1:00 p.m. (And, of course, 5:00 p.m.--6:00 p.m.)

by Anonymousreply 200January 5, 2020 2:15 PM

Who is Ari sleeping with?

by Anonymousreply 201January 5, 2020 2:29 PM

A good journalist can be fair and inquisitive with both Democrats and Republicans.

On the other hand, Chuck Todd's rambling noise in attempting to appear as a pensive devil's advocate is rather annoying and falls short. An example is when he tries to rationalize some absurd verbage or tweet Trump has expressed.

by Anonymousreply 202January 5, 2020 3:31 PM

Chuck Todd doesn't understand the concept of a follow up question. A Republican will there standing there live in the hallowed halls of Congress or the Senate spewing lies and Republican talking points and Chuck answers with "thank you for your time!

by Anonymousreply 203January 5, 2020 3:49 PM

R197 not to mention his treatment of Ronan F’s Weinstein story. He’s a waste of time and space. He and Jeff Zucker should have been out on their fat asses years ago. Bring in new real newsmen. Enough of these let’s make the channel profitable assholes.

by Anonymousreply 204January 5, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote]Don't forget Ms. Wallace is a Republican and she worked to advance the policies of the Cheney/Bush administration.

It's only mentioned about half a dozen times on each and every MSNBC-related thread we've had, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 205January 5, 2020 5:35 PM

Chuck is literally Charles In Charge. He's not leaving MSNBC until he's ready.

by Anonymousreply 206January 5, 2020 6:22 PM

I think Chuck Todd gets a bad rap. He was the one to get Kellyanne Conway to offer up "alternative facts" and Rudy Giuliani to say "Truth isn't truth." They didn't say those things on their own...he was pushing them hard enough that's all they had to offer up.

I also think he's sort of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 207January 5, 2020 8:54 PM

We have had two incredibly unqualified anchors for Meet The Press in a row, David Gregory and Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 208January 5, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote] I think Chuck Todd gets a bad rap.

I'm no fan of Chuck Todd, but he does get a bad rap on DataLounge. I laugh when DLers say he's a Republican who belongs on Fox News. Read this article (linked) he wrote for the Atlantic and you realize that he's no fan of Fox News or the GOP spin. DL'ers expect him to be like Rachel or Lawrence, but he can never be openly partisan because of his role as moderator of "Meet the Press."

[quote] I also think he's sort of sexy.

Umm ... no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 5, 2020 9:17 PM

Bring back smart and sexy Thomas Roberts. David Guru is like watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 210January 5, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote] attempting to appear as a pensive devil's advocate....

Yeah, Did you ever notice that when Chuck is thinking really, really hard about something, he rolls his eyes up to the ceiling and tilts his head to the side? It's like a cartoon version of someone who thinks they are in a state of deep thought. I don't know of any other news talking head that does that.

If they ever sell bobble-head dolls with his likeness in the NBC News gift shop, that's the idiotic look they should use for him.

by Anonymousreply 211January 5, 2020 10:22 PM

I used to like Ari Melber before he got his own show. Since then, he's become really obnoxious and I never watch him any more. He's rude to his guests and pretending like that's him being a good journalist. It isn't, it's just fucking rude.

by Anonymousreply 212January 5, 2020 10:43 PM

R200 I am tired of your Craig Melvin hatred! You post it all the fucking time. Did he rape you in the middle of the night or something? Or maybe he didn't!! Just shut the fuck up already!!!

by Anonymousreply 213January 5, 2020 10:49 PM

R94, Wallace is very bright and I hated her on Morning Joe during the Obama years. She was nasty and biting. She's fine now, but as soon as a dem gets into the white house, she'll pivot back to her real nature. She also has sort of a posse on her show. It is like a political "The View" where participants get along better. I don't really like listening to all those retread republicans who blew up their own party, and now want to go to work on the democratic party.

As far as Chris Hayes, much of the criticism I've read on this thread reflects his shows as a Bernie bro prior to and a bit after the 2016 election. He seems to have moved off that, doing interesting things like some live shows. I don't watch his show a lot but when I have it on, I don't want to turn the channel.

Maddow and O'Donnell are really the only things I watch much. They flow into Brian Williams' show, where I am constantly reminded of why I end up turning the channel many nights. I'm also reminded that he lost his anchor position for his arrogance and dishonesty. I'd like to see someone else doing his show.

Agree with much of the negative stuff about Chuck Todd. I stopped watching Sunday MTP, because I was so appalled at his guests and the fact that Todd let the rightwingers get away with so much. Would love to see him replaced, along with Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 214January 5, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote]'m no fan of Chuck Todd, but he does get a bad rap on DataLounge. I laugh when DLers say he's a Republican who belongs on Fox News.

Obviously someone hasn't watched him.

by Anonymousreply 215January 5, 2020 11:11 PM

R213 - “ [R200] I am tired of your Craig Melvin hatred! You post it all the fucking time. Did he rape you in the middle of the night or something? Or maybe he didn't!! Just shut the fuck up already!!!”

R200 - You in danger gurl...

by Anonymousreply 216January 6, 2020 5:14 AM

I like Rick Wilson, David Jolly, Steve Schmidt, Jennifer Rubin and Nicolle Wallace...for now. I’m just afraid they will all revert back to being Repigs when this nightmare is over.

by Anonymousreply 217January 6, 2020 5:59 AM

Chuck Todd is the King of false equivalency and a closet Republicant. He is a great example of how the MSM has let the Trumputin White House appear to be “just like any other” POTUS. No challenges to the overt GRU misinformation campaign(s). He is directly responsible for the deterioration of our democracy and the creeping fascism of Hair Furor and his henchmen. A free press is essential in a democracy and this bozo has dropped the ball big time.

by Anonymousreply 218January 6, 2020 6:48 AM

[quote] I like Jeffrey Toobin better. I know you will alll scream at me, but something about Ari leaves me cold. I had a boyfriend like him once about 20 years ago. He was a cold bastard who cheated on me.

I think you need therapy more than Ari needs a miss manners class from an old queen who equates his past abusive relationships to a TV host.

by Anonymousreply 219January 6, 2020 9:22 AM

[quote]I used to like Ari Melber before he got his own show. Since then, he's become really obnoxious and I never watch him any more. He's rude to his guests and pretending like that's him being a good journalist. It isn't, it's just fucking rude.

LOL uses the word FUCKING in a rant on rudeness. Pot meet Kettle.

by Anonymousreply 220January 6, 2020 9:24 AM

R213, Sorry, I don't remember stating my opinion about Craig Melvin previously. But I won't again.

by Anonymousreply 221January 6, 2020 9:31 AM

R217, Nicole, for one, yet thinks the Bushes were fine. Rick calls himself "an apostate Republican."

You'd better believe that all these anti-Trumpets will "revert" post-Trump. AND they will then strive to have the rest of us view the Republican Party as legit, as fiscally responsible, as decent, and as patriotic as pre-Trump propaganda had it.

Or are they also criticizing those complicit and treasonous Republicans such as Pence, Barr, McConnell, Miller, Graham, Nunes, Geitz, Collins, McCarthy, Kennedy, Kushner, Ivanka, the 4th of July traitors, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 222January 6, 2020 9:43 AM

R222 is correct. Wallace and Jolly and Wilson and the lot of them will NEVER acknowledge the decades long Dance of Death the GOP has done with the far right in America. It was the 'mainstream' Republicans like Wallace and Jolly and Wilson who opened the doors to the party and gave them a political home and political power.

They gave cover to the far right, gave legitimacy to them, elevated their perverse agenda on social issues. All in exchange for votes on financial issues. And they will never, ever, admit they did that They will never admit that the mess we are in is attributable to the actions of the 'mainstream' Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 223January 6, 2020 12:36 PM

R187. My on my! Those biceps! He is so strong....strong as Hercules.

by Anonymousreply 224January 6, 2020 4:22 PM

I also hate Chuck Todd.

Whoever said in one of the earlier posts that he's the king of false equivalence is right. Well, prince maybe.

Dear Chuck Todd,

The middle-ground position on everything is not automatically more 'reasonable', 'sensible', and 'mature'. People who were never taught to think critically and evaluate their own viewpoints for fallacious logic are people who think that the middle-ground, moderate position is inevitably the more reasonable position.

For instance, the middle-ground between being a full white supremacist and being 0% white supremacist... Not good. The middle-ground between supporting equal rights for queer people and the agenda of the 'christian right'... Not good.

This is why I always try to avoid using terms like 'extremist' or 'far left' or 'far right' and prefer terms that describe the CONTENT of an ideology (e.g. white nationalist, war hawk, etc.) Who determines where the continuum of 'Far' and 'Extreme' begin and end. I'll tell you who--people for whom the status quo is working, people who aren't bearing the brunt of the suffering caused by that supposedly 'reasonable' middle-ground.

Granted, all of these anchors probably emerged from stable, upper-middle and upper class families. So, on some level, I resent them all. I like Chris Hayes best though. Chris Matthews is really grating, but I often like him anyways because he's like everyone's irish american uncle, reflexively pushy, bombastic, and lacking in self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 225January 6, 2020 5:24 PM

Whoever the Ari Melber apologist is on this thread, you're rather pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 226January 6, 2020 11:54 PM

Bring back Thomas Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 227January 7, 2020 12:09 AM

Chuck has never landed that exclusive interview with Miss Lindzey.

by Anonymousreply 228January 7, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote]Wallace and Jolly and Wilson and the lot of them will NEVER acknowledge the decades long Dance of Death the GOP has done with the far right in America. It was the 'mainstream' Republicans like Wallace and Jolly and Wilson who opened the doors to the party and gave them a political home and political power.

Do you actually watch Nicole Wallace, she talks all the time how hard it was working in the White House and the bad decisions that were made. She didn't agree with every move they made. Personally I'm glad we have her on our side instead of blindly following the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 229January 7, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote] Personally I'm glad we have her on our side instead of blindly following the asshole.

Will she stay on our side after Trump leaves office and a Democrat becomes president?

by Anonymousreply 230January 7, 2020 1:40 AM

r230 — none of us know for certain. I do believe *some* of them have truly and sincerely evolved. NW is one of those. But only time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 231January 7, 2020 3:28 AM

I think Nicolle is a centrist at her core. She has been singing Pete's praises on her show.

by Anonymousreply 232January 7, 2020 2:18 PM

Sarah Paulson played Nicolle in the HBO movie "Game Change" and was nominated for an Emmy & Golden Globe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 7, 2020 5:24 PM

"Do you actually watch Nicole Wallace, she talks all the time how hard it was working in the White House and the bad decisions that were made. She didn't agree with every move they made."

I'm a regular watcher of Nicolle and her show and the most I've ever seen her do to express regret about her McCain and White House days was roll her eyes or something similarly tame when mentioning a Republican policy that she disagreed with. Sorry, but for me, that isn't enough.

Call me Mary but I require a detailed, comprehensive "mea culpa" in which she explains exactly what the Republicans did/do wrong and why exactly she thinks that it is wrong. Rolling her eyes means nothing if she wants Democrats to ever trust her. She needs to apologize and explain what she is apologizing for.

And that novel she wrote in which she ridiculed a "Palin-like" character is a joke. She wants to straddle the line which makes her very untrustworthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 7, 2020 5:37 PM

I loved Tim Russert. I was okay with David Gregory 60% of the time. I cannot take Chuck Todd. There’s nothing compelling about him (authenticity, strategic thinking, logic, to look at). I turn the channel.

by Anonymousreply 235January 7, 2020 5:40 PM

Hallie Jackson drives me nuts. She always sounds like she's getting ready to head out to the football field. Get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 236January 7, 2020 8:37 PM

Is he a "homosexual"?

by Anonymousreply 237January 7, 2020 8:42 PM

Lawrence O’Donnell is a fucking asshole - can they get rid of him instead?

by Anonymousreply 238January 7, 2020 11:08 PM

I love r225 more than air itself. That was quite brilliant.

I have no basis for this other than what I can gather from her past statements, but it feels like Nicole Wallace May end up a true independent like Rick Wilson or any moderate Republican (if there are any left). Maybe they’ll end up forming a third party. The Republican brand is too irreparably damaged by Russian graft and the takeover by the Christofascists.

by Anonymousreply 239January 10, 2020 7:43 PM

There will be no third party. The Constituion sets up, if not strictly requires, a two-party system via the Electoral College. Yes, that again.

The winner of the Electoral College vote is the candidate with the majority of the votes cast. Not a plurality. MUST be 1 vote more than 50%.

If the Electoral College does not produce a majority winner, the election goes to the House of Representatives and they elect the President.

I think we will see the Never-Trumpers and the Deplorables locked in a blood feud to gain control of the GOP. Watch your backs, Rethuglicans!

by Anonymousreply 240January 10, 2020 7:57 PM

Joy Reid did a 2O minute or so hit job on Pete Buttigieg today. Michael Harriot of The Root was part of it as a guest. Then three additional panelists were added for disparaging remarks.

Trying to generate the perception that Pete is not responsive to the black community, coupled with injecting the point over and over that he is gay, was rather nasty given there was no Pete supporter/defender present to respond.

The intent is to derail Pete's campaign. Pete may have flaws worth discussing, but Reid and the show's producer showed shabby journalism.

by Anonymousreply 241January 12, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote]oy Reid did a 2O minute or so hit job on Pete Buttigieg today.

Well she has been tagged a homophobe hasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 242January 12, 2020 4:31 PM

[quote]I think we will see the Never-Trumpers and the Deplorables locked in a blood feud to gain control of the GOP.

WHICH Never-Trumpers? Most of them have fled at this point.

by Anonymousreply 243January 12, 2020 4:58 PM

Republicans got their big tax cuts for the wealthy, are continuing to load the federal courts with younger, pro-corporate right wing judges, and have gutted environmental regulations. If a Republican politician disagrees with Trump publicly, he/she gets attacked personally by Trump tweets and at his rallies which include nasty nicknames. The RNC will cut their distribution of campaign funds and endorse and finance pro-Trump primary challengers. With incumbent Senators, those that would challenge Trump will have their prime committee assignments negated by McConnell.

A "moderate Republican" doesn't much exist anymore in Congress,. A few incumbents from purple/blue states may be allowed to take more moderate positions on certain issues such as undocumented migration, but they are basically muted in delivering any harsh criticism of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 244January 12, 2020 5:51 PM

There is a separate thread about Joy Reid vs Pete

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 12, 2020 6:41 PM

R14, it's because they are stay at home fraus

by Anonymousreply 246January 12, 2020 8:10 PM

[quote]With the lackluster performance of Todd’s MTP Daily at 5 p.m.—“a hammock,” as one insider put it, between the robust ratings of Nicolle Wallace’s 4 p.m. show and Ari Melber’s 6 p.m. show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247January 14, 2020 12:34 AM

So they might move his daily show to mornings instead of giving him the boot ???

Per Daily Beast :

[quote]Chuck Todd’s daily show could move to mornings,

by Anonymousreply 248January 14, 2020 12:40 AM

[quote][R14], it's because they are stay at home fraus

You've never heard of hospital shift work? I live in the nexus of three major hospitals in my city. 12 on three or four days a week. It's not unusual to see total hotties either jogging with dogs or pushing baby strollers around any time of day or night.. Daddies get out, though I've yet to check them out or follow,

by Anonymousreply 249January 14, 2020 12:41 AM

Hallie Jackson? She is as normal as they come. How can you hate her? Seriously, never met a single person that didnt like her on TV.

by Anonymousreply 250January 14, 2020 9:52 AM

[quote] Joy Reid did a 2O minute or so hit job on Pete Buttigieg today. Michael Harriot of The Root was part of it as a guest. Then three additional panelists were added for disparaging remarks.

Yes, her homophobia is getting quite overt. They should fire her already, its not the first time her homophobia bubbled to the surface. Can you imagine if a group of white guys ganged up on Booker or Kamal for 20 minutes said all the black candidates don't appeal to the needs of white southern voters because all they care about is black issues?

by Anonymousreply 251January 14, 2020 9:58 AM

Toad interviewing Perdue proof positive he needs to go. He does NOT follow up Perdue's b.s. Trump positions. ASK him why Trump has blocked his own people from testifying!!! When asked about Lev Parnas - POINT out it was only recently the info was allowed to be released. And stop calling it a TRIAL what occurred in the House. Chuck Toad just rolled over. Nicolle would not have.

by Anonymousreply 252January 19, 2020 2:23 PM

I don't like the "word". "word". "word". style, which was tired years ago, but with Chuckles, the thought that came to mind: Good. Fucking. Riddance.

by Anonymousreply 253January 19, 2020 2:28 PM

MSNBC is eyeing Joy Reid for the 5pm prime time hour.

by Anonymousreply 254January 19, 2020 2:40 PM

I heard they are interested in Shep Smith?

by Anonymousreply 255January 19, 2020 2:47 PM

Wonder how long Shep has to honor a non compete clause?

Joy should take AM Joy at 9am replacing Ruhle.

by Anonymousreply 256January 19, 2020 2:48 PM

I love him! Watched him this morning and fell in love all over again. I don't get you guys. Chucky is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 257January 19, 2020 2:51 PM

R257 Is Chuck Todd's agent.

by Anonymousreply 258January 19, 2020 6:25 PM

R214 Chris Hayes still pushes Bernie too much. He has had him on more than any other candidate. I like him OK but I have to turn him off when Bernie is on.

by Anonymousreply 259January 19, 2020 7:24 PM

R251 that was done for years. On a regular basis. Tell me where Pete's sexual orientation was referenced even once on her show. Black host, Black panelists discussing things that are annoying to them regarding issues that are important to Blacks. Cory Booker and Kamala Harris, the only two POC candidates in the race are off the stage, so they are not happy and think there may be racism. Considering that I've known Pete was a Rhodes scholar for years and just learned in the past couple of months that Booker was as well, it means that there was very little publicity about it. And both Harris and Booker have more and better experience than Pete. So you tell me, was this racism or something else?

by Anonymousreply 260January 19, 2020 10:19 PM

You may have a very good point, R259. I've changed my view again on Hayes. The night the Lev Parnas texts given to the House were released to the media as well, Chris kept wondering whether they were a hoax. He apparently is still in over his head as he seems to not be able to connect the dots. Meanwhile Maddow has a 2-night interview with Parnas and the video is now an official part of the House record for impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 261January 19, 2020 10:24 PM

[quote] Tell me where Pete's sexual orientation was referenced even once on her show. Black host, Black panelists discussing things that are annoying to them regarding issues that are important to Blacks.

Oh, please dont be such a hypocrite. You know damn well people discriminate all the time against people of color without call them the N word. You sound no better trying to claim since they never said the word they were talking about it. It's dog whistle for people who don't like gays.

by Anonymousreply 262January 20, 2020 6:38 AM

[quote]Considering that I've known Pete was a Rhodes scholar for years and just learned in the past couple of months that Booker was as well, it means that there was very little publicity about it. And both Harris and Booker have more and better experience than Pete. So you tell me, was this racism or something else?

Well, then you are an idiot, I knew Booker was a Rhodes scholar long before I even heard of Pete. He has made it quite clear, and been very public about it. If you were even remotely interested in the guy, all you had to do is Google his name and read his WiKi bio. It's literally the first sentence in the second paragraph. And he has been a public figure since 2006.

by Anonymousreply 263January 20, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]Chris Hayes still pushes Bernie too much. He has had him on more than any other candidate. I like him OK but I have to turn him off when Bernie is on

Not a Bernie fan either. But Chris Hayes interviewing Carter Page is quite memorable.

by Anonymousreply 264January 22, 2020 2:44 PM

that must explain his panicky look on tv earlier.....wht are his motives anyhow?

by Anonymousreply 265January 22, 2020 3:10 PM

Oh no! Who can I go to now for incessant sports metaphors that mean absolutely nothing to me??

Will someone else pick up the slack and start rocking baldbangs?

by Anonymousreply 266January 22, 2020 3:26 PM

Choad The Toad is basking in all of the attention this morning as he leads Impeachment coverage. He cut to Katy Tur in Iowa for an update on the campaign.

Katy said that Pete is drawing huge crowds and that she spoke to one woman who was undecided before the rally but walked out a Pete voter.

Choad: "Heh heh, I guess all you have to do is show up!"

Because according to Choad, Pete supporters aren't supporting him based on his experience and policies; they're just supporting him because he's physically in Iowa today and not in DC like Amy, Bernie, and Liz.

What an asshole. This Choad can not go away fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 267January 22, 2020 3:30 PM

Here’s an interesting, in-depth report about how Chuck Todd snatched Meet the Press from David Gregory, thanks in great part to Joe Scarborough’s attempts to become the host, which backfired because the Meet the Press staff hated him and refused to work with him. So: Todd.

“ Scarborough, the Republican congressman turned MSNBC talking head and host of Morning Joe, had been after Gregory’s job for years, according to former NBC employees. And inside MSNBC’s New York offices, Scarborough is known as a prima donna who doesn’t respond well to “no.”

“He constantly clashes with [MSNBC president] Phil Griffin,” says a former NBC employee. “There are times when he would just not even talk to [Griffin].”

When Gregory was in the hot seat, some thought Scarborough reached for the knives. And the staff wouldn’t have welcomed him in the moderator’s chair. In 2012, NBC executives had given Scarborough a shot at guest-hosting Meet the Press in Gregory’s absence, according to sources. But the network’s news division protested. Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum was booked for that week’s show, and letting Scarborough interview a fellow conservative would undercut the franchise’s nonpartisan bona fides. As a compromise, Savannah Guthrie moderated and Scarborough led the roundtable.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 22, 2020 3:33 PM

They should Joe and Mika host Meet The Press. Imagine the train wreck of Mika reminding people about her father CONSTANTLY and her sighs and coos at Joe.

by Anonymousreply 269January 22, 2020 4:18 PM

WOW, R269. Wow.

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 270January 22, 2020 4:19 PM

why was joe scab so hated? other than the obvious.....

by Anonymousreply 271January 22, 2020 4:20 PM

Mika's dumbness has really taken the network down....how do she an Scab maintain their positions?

by Anonymousreply 272January 22, 2020 4:21 PM

[quote]how do she an Scab maintain their positions?

Tantric sex.

by Anonymousreply 273January 22, 2020 4:23 PM

WOW, R272. Puh! It’s just...wow.

I will have you know, I know my worth!

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 274January 22, 2020 4:24 PM

Joe Scarborough is smart and can be a tough interviewer. He is also short tempered and doesn't control anger well. I like Morning Joe and usually watch the first hour, sometimes longer. He can cut to the chase when he chooses.

Mika is fine reading the news off the teleprompter, but beyond that, the news-opinion format requires perspectives more in-depth and flexible than what she often delivers.

When Mika showed disdain for James Carville being a guest back in 2016, she got up from the forum and went and sat on the couch. That was ruse and trying to be theatric. Carville was a Hillary supporter, and Mika, every chance she gets, criticizes Hillary. She doesn't compartmentalize her attitudes very well.

by Anonymousreply 275January 22, 2020 4:57 PM

^rude, not ruse

by Anonymousreply 276January 22, 2020 5:02 PM

[quote]why was joe scab so hated? other than the obvious.....

He was a rabid partisan Republican at the time.

by Anonymousreply 277January 22, 2020 5:53 PM

Mika is the JOKE of MSNBC. No one requests her to come on their show(s) and offer insight. You can tell she's petty and her favoritism blows like the wind. All that being said, Morning Joe is the jewel of MSNBC not Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 278January 22, 2020 9:21 PM

Mika is obviously dim and you just know that any questions she asks were given to her by Scarborough.

by Anonymousreply 279January 22, 2020 9:32 PM

Mika's father was Jimmy Carter's Nat'l Security Advisor. When Bill Clinton was elected President, Z. Brzezinsky sought to be the Sec. of State. He was not appointed. Brzezinsky had his prior controversies. All this appears to be the source of Mika's bitterness towards the Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 280January 22, 2020 9:40 PM

Joe has no discipline. Even Chuck can curb his inane prattle long enough to get through an interview, weak as his skills may be. Joe could never consistently do that. It’s 100% about Joe all the time.

by Anonymousreply 281January 22, 2020 9:40 PM

I’m with R281. It’s a tough call, but Joe Scarborough annoys me more than Mika’s WOW WOW WOW does. He has his staff write these overlong sanctimonious monologues that he delivers like he is auditioning for Juilliard or something, and Mika just sits by and WOWs, and poor Willie Geist has to bite his tongue until Joe is satisfied with enough of his own pretentious voice. And then he calls on Willie, Willie answers, and he talks over Willie. It’s so gross to watch. Mika’s Know Your Value infomercials are as bad, but they’re less frequent. I cannot watch that show any longer. The two of them are unwatchable. They’re so scripted and irritating and holier than thou. A former Republican congressman taking a position of moral superiority on MSNBC—there are so many layers of irony and hypocrisy there.

by Anonymousreply 282January 22, 2020 9:50 PM

Well, Joe is annoying R282 with his rants, and talking over people and lately forcing everyone to talk sports. But contrast that with Fox and Friends and it's like a slightly over cooked steak to a can of spam. At least Morning Joe has real guests on who are experts or form head of the CIA and such. Vs, blond bimbos with big tits and short skirts acting like they know what they are talking about while lying.

by Anonymousreply 283January 22, 2020 10:48 PM

R283 I was judging Morning Joe as unwatchable based on its own (de)merits. Obviously it’s not Fox and Friends. (I mean, it *actually* is in the sense that it’s almost entirely commentary from liberal people that sometimes verges on propaganda—but it’s not an actual Russian-style propaganda machine like Fox News is.) I wouldn’t compare them.

But being less damaging than Fox and Friends doesn’t mean that it’s worth watching.

You know, drinking hydrogen peroxide is less toxic than drinking bleach, but that doesn’t mean I am willing to drink either one.

by Anonymousreply 284January 22, 2020 10:52 PM

Democratic and Republican Congressmen watch Morning Joe. It's on TV in the House gym. Agree with R283 point that Morning Joe has quality, revelant guests, including experts. Frequent panel members are largely quite good. A few I don't find interesting.

Fox and Friends are partisan blabber, and the show is not targeted to the well educated. A big moment for them is when they introduce the ignorance and crude talk of the hired Diamond and Silk.

by Anonymousreply 285January 22, 2020 11:10 PM

This SNL parody isn’t far from reality, and that is not a compliment to Joe or Mika.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286January 22, 2020 11:16 PM

R263, I didn't have to google Pete to find out about it. It is widely reported. Booker was a candidate and, unlike Pete, he is actually qualified to run for President. Link me to any MSM article from Fall or Winter 2019 that reported Booker's Rhodes scholar background. That's my point.

by Anonymousreply 287January 22, 2020 11:17 PM

That SNL skit is funny, I wonder if it was before or after they had Kate Mckinnon on their show.

by Anonymousreply 288January 22, 2020 11:34 PM

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289January 22, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote]Link me to any MSM article from Fall or Winter 2019 that reported Booker's Rhodes scholar background

Do your own research girl. I heard about Booker being a Rhodes scholar on MSNBC years ago. It was not some secret plot. You just were not paying attention like the rest of us were.

by Anonymousreply 290January 22, 2020 11:36 PM

This is not NBC MTP, it is MSNBC MTP. Big difference, although it could be a first step toward getting rid of Todd on NBC. Nicolle Wallace could be a good fill-in while the network does a search.

by Anonymousreply 291January 22, 2020 11:59 PM

Morning “news” shows are universally terrible.

by Anonymousreply 292January 23, 2020 12:05 AM

Oh God please let it be true. Please NBC, get rid of Barf Face Todd before the 2020 election really gets going. I can't stand his toad looking ass; such an unworthy successor to Tim Russert and other past hosts. I also read that article where Chucky Doll Todd did a Eve Harrington on David Gregory, who I thought was doing a fine job. Todd's got to go. Give Meet the Press to a woman, an actual journalist with a college degree, like Nicole Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 293January 23, 2020 12:13 AM

Lately Nicole has become an interrupting chucklehead. IDGI.

by Anonymousreply 294January 23, 2020 12:56 AM

I like David Gregory. He wasn't flashy, but was a good interviewer.

Before Tim Russet passed, he was very critical of Hillary Clinton on several fronts. Russert asked good, tough questions at times, but he was not the unbiased journalist he has since been portrayed.

by Anonymousreply 295January 23, 2020 1:16 AM

Joshua Johnson needs to see an ENT. He always sounds majorly congested and makes these awful gross nose sounds when he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 296January 23, 2020 1:23 AM

It's the nose rings R296. He has big gaping holes in there now that he is trying to not look so ghetto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 23, 2020 8:57 AM

[Quote] I like Rick Wilson, David Jolly, Steve Schmidt, Jennifer Rubin and Nicolle Wallace...for now. I’m just afraid they will all revert back to being Repigs when this nightmare is over.

I liked Wilson at first but he doesn't have any real insight, or more likely, he does, but he's not willing to share it. I think he's hedging his bets and hopes to he kiss and make up with the GOP when Trump is gone. Also, he fails to acknowledge how he himself helped create the present mess in the GOP. Conway suffers fron that blindness as well.

by Anonymousreply 298January 23, 2020 9:07 AM

I'm ready for a come back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 23, 2020 9:42 AM

David Gregory has a rep for being difficult, which is why he doesn’t get/hold better jobs.

by Anonymousreply 300January 23, 2020 9:55 AM

I’ve met Todd, Gregory and Jake Tapper in passing. Todd was the friendliest and chattiest. Gregory was stand offish. Tapper was fine temperamentally but seemed a little disheveled. Todd is my least favorite on camera, though. He seems smug and I resent that everything to him is a team sporting event. Your side, my side. His job is to analyze politics, and his lens is the same as Meghan McCain’s: not only are campaigns all about winning, but whose side wins is all that matters in the running of a country. Issues are irrelevant to him.

by Anonymousreply 301January 23, 2020 10:12 AM

What R301 said. Chuck Todd is enamored of the politics itself and does not spend a moment considering the substantive issues that are at stake as the politics play out. He considers it a win to have the D.C. big names on his show and he wants to keep them coming. So it's nothing but softballs. If he cared about the issues themselves, that would go a long way to balance the dynamics and beef up the content. But he's only interested in the power and the games played to win power and hold it.

by Anonymousreply 302January 23, 2020 12:02 PM

He's really pushing for Trump's removal.

by Anonymousreply 303January 23, 2020 12:33 PM

David Gregory killed his career when he danced along to Mary J. Blige. Do straight guys really spin like that when the rhythm hits em?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304January 23, 2020 12:37 PM

R302 nailed it. Chuck Todd has no real passion for the issues, just the game. Wasn't he a behind the scenes guy before he got in front of the camera? He should stick to that.

by Anonymousreply 305January 23, 2020 1:10 PM

Todd is a game player. He negotiated Meet the Press like a game of chess (advanced checkers?). And he would have to, to be honest, to get anywhere and much less to a place of so much influence in Washington without a college degree. DC is one of those places where you generally have a hard time finding a job as an office assistant without a bachelor’s degree and can’t get to middle management without a master’s, and can’t get beyond that without at least an elite master’s. You generally have to have had access to elite resources to get ahead. Or else you play Game of Thrones and take advantage of the relative cluelessness of people who’ve had jobs handed to them all their lives by appearing nonthreatening with poor credentials and then stabbing them in the face and eating their eyeballs for sustenance. Todd is the latter type. In case that wasn’t clear.

by Anonymousreply 306January 23, 2020 1:28 PM

R304, It was more his dancing with Karl Rove.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 23, 2020 2:13 PM

R302 and R305, you don't honestly believe that any of the politicians have a real passion for the issues, do you? It's all about the power game. He is reflecting Washington reality. You have no farther to look than Miss Lindsey to see that, along with a myriad of other guests such as Ron Johnson, Perdue from Georgia, etc. Why should he be passionate about any one particular issue when the people he is interviewing aren't?

by Anonymousreply 308January 23, 2020 11:10 PM

I can't tell the difference between Chuck Todd and Ron Reagan Jr.

by Anonymousreply 309January 23, 2020 11:50 PM

Well, one is intelligent.......

by Anonymousreply 310January 23, 2020 11:58 PM

Ron Reagan Jr. needs to do his atheists commercials some time other than the Democratic debates. And that commercial is quite old now, seen it for years. Get new material.

by Anonymousreply 311January 24, 2020 12:42 AM

Choad’s goatee is an attempt at making it look like he has a chin.

It’s not working.

by Anonymousreply 312January 24, 2020 12:50 AM

Morning Joe is not a jewel ...the shine is off that show. It’s nothing like it used to be

by Anonymousreply 313January 24, 2020 12:52 AM

[quote] He is reflecting Washington reality. ...Why should he be passionate about any one particular issue when the people he is interviewing aren't?

That's the point, I already get enough BS from the politicians, I want someone who is passionate about getting to the truth of an issue not passionate about who is on first base.

by Anonymousreply 314January 24, 2020 9:00 AM

He doesn’t have to be “passionate about the issues.” He should *realize* that “the issues” are matters that affect people’s lives, and not just pawns to be moved around a chess board for the sake of someone winning and someone losing. This is the problem.

People like Todd and Meghan McCain in my opinion are poisonous to our political process when they are on television. Because they do not connect legislation and executive actions to people’s lives. To political analysts, it’s all a game of politicians winning or losing.

Seeing so many fucking people like this on TV has shifted Americans’ paradigms so that most people now think that politics is nothing more than a red-versus-blue team sport, and so of course they don’t think at all about consequences of cheating. When people are conditioned to root for their team winning at any cost, they consent to pay a high price simply in the name of winning. People who get paid to think and behave this way should work on political campaigns, with the goal of winning their bosses’ campaigns. They should not be taking the places of journalists, and today they do on everything that calls itself news.

From Meghan McCain only giving a fuck about a red win and believing every word and thought anyone ever has is about her to her plagiarist husband who is regularly cast on alleged journalism shows to blabber on about his pro-GOP opinions, this is all bad for this country.

A person in Chuck Todd’s position in my opinion should be a journalist who can ask incisive questions and conduct analysis of legislation and relationships, and cut through the bullshit, rather than giddily splashing around in it as Chuck Todd does. The person should be a journalist and not a sports reporter, which is what he really is. The person should challenge anything that isn’t based in truth, not champion people who lie convincingly for winning based on lies. To do that, the person needs to be a journalist who understands legislative processes and legislative issues at hand, and not just how Machiavelli or the Notre Dame football coach would do things, which is all Chuck Todd is good for. A person in his position should not be a passionate advocate for any issue—but that person should understand that “the issues” always are issues because they affect all of our lives. Environmental protections to Todd likely are nothing but a former win for Obama and now, having been obliterated, a win for Trump. And that is really fucked up because we’re all drinking poisoned water and eating poisoned food. And he only focuses on who is winning and why. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 315January 24, 2020 11:29 AM

Bless you, R315.

by Anonymousreply 316January 24, 2020 1:05 PM

Thank you, R316. I do have a cold and have been sneezing a bit!

by Anonymousreply 317January 24, 2020 11:15 PM

You're still living in a time when truth mattered. Now, with today's Republican cult it is impossible to get them to either acknowledge or care about the truth. They realize they don't have to because the cult will go along with them regardless. You can call them a liar and they'll just make up something else, say you're the problem, and the cult will believe. Chuck could call them out on lying all day long and it wouldn't make a difference because he'd just be labeled a mainstream SOB.

Much as with Trump and his tweets, I prefer to see them lie. It's better than driving them underground and just having them lie behind the scenes. People with intelligence will see the lies and discern for themselves. We just have to hope that more people who are capable of discerning truth from complete fabrication vote than the cult members who can never be convinced.

by Anonymousreply 318January 24, 2020 11:16 PM

R318 Truth only matters when people agree it matters. Don’t consent to accepting it doesn’t. It matters. Trump and his goons lie. They violate truth. We don’t have to accept that their inverted version of reality is the one that wins.

by Anonymousreply 319January 24, 2020 11:23 PM

Of course I agree truth matters, R319. It's just that it has to be gleaned personally without depending on some talking head calling it out for you. It doesn't take Chuck Todd or anyone else to tell me that Pompeo or Guiliani or Ron Johnson or every other cult member is lying for me to discern for myself that they are lying based on the facts that are presented to us. Many of you just want him to yell, "You're a liar!" at half of his guests because it would make you feel better. Unfortunately, they literally can not be shamed. It's fruitless. Just keep feeding them rope so that they might actually hang themselves with non-cult members.

by Anonymousreply 320January 24, 2020 11:29 PM

r297, Joshua Johnson is truly one of the most tired men I've ever seen or listened to, and I say that as a gay African-American male. He's not attractive and there's just something a tad, how should I say, EXTRA about him. OMG! One Sunday he was on Meet the Press and had the mostly ghastly hair cut(?) I've ever seen. He was going for the mohawk look but the mohawk itself was cut waaay too low while the edges was skin. That's the best I can describe it. You would have to see it to believe it. It was horrendous; more so because he probably thought it really looked cute.

by Anonymousreply 321January 25, 2020 12:39 AM

Rather surprised that anyone still watches MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 322January 25, 2020 12:43 AM

[quote] Many of you just want him to yell, "You're a liar!" at half of his guests because it would make you feel better. Unfortunately, they literally can not be shamed.

But they can, not my favorite guy but Morning Joe dose go on and on about Trump and his ilk when they lie. The medial and people like Chuck Todd have to stop playing by the rules of a decade ago. Stop being polite and expecting everyone to read between the lines. Not everyone is good at that, in fact most are not. It's a very elitist approach.

by Anonymousreply 323January 25, 2020 12:48 AM

Rather surprised that anyone still watches Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 324January 25, 2020 12:49 AM

R323, so does Chuck Todd. He quite literally laughed in Ted Cruz' face recently on MTP. He got the 'truth isn't truth' moment from Guiliani and 'alternative facts' out of KellyAnne...yet on DL it isn't enough. Meanwhile, you have people like Margaret Brennan practically sucking every guest's cock on FTN.

by Anonymousreply 325January 25, 2020 1:21 AM

They said those things on his show because he let them and they knew the push back would not even be a slap on the wrist. Listen even though I am not a huge fan of Morning Joe, they at least called KellyAnne out for lying and openly banned her from coming on the show to spread more lies. Chuck would say thanks for coming on the show, hope to seen you back some time soon always a pleasure.

FUCK THAT! Stop kissing ass just so you can fill your air time and keep employed.

by Anonymousreply 326January 25, 2020 5:24 AM

R326 Years ago, I emailed three Sunday morning political show hosts and argued why booking people like Kellyanne Conway—and especially Kellyanne Conway—is tantamount to participating in state-issued propaganda and promulgating false information to viewers. Even if it is challenged by the hosts, it gives her an opportunity to broadcast false information. She never, ever relents and so to some viewers she gives the appearance of always “winning.” And on and on.

Two of the three people I emailed actually wrote back to my tremendous surprise. One said they agreed with me and that similar considerations have been long discussed among producers and they feel in a bind because they traditionally always have given voice to official White House spokespeople and not to do that would be viewed by his supporters as left-wing liberal bias. The other said that they agreed with me and had been arguing similar points to producers, but that the network and producers’ opinion outweighs the hosts’.

Chuck Todd is not one of the people who replied.

by Anonymousreply 327January 25, 2020 9:42 AM

I think Chuck's Johnny-Come-Lately full beard is a face wig.

I think he only grew his goat initially to hide his weird mouth fitment issues.

The leap to a full beard looks fake.

by Anonymousreply 328January 25, 2020 11:33 AM

I agree with you about Joshua Johnson and something a little EXTRA is a great way to describe him. He is annoying as fuck

And his show is always on NPR when I tune in, it’s a cruel joke

by Anonymousreply 329January 25, 2020 1:25 PM

R43 You mean how intelligent you must be if you don't know the Kardashians. I'm surprised you didn't include "Duh" in your post to boot..

by Anonymousreply 330January 25, 2020 1:33 PM

R325 She is such a white ethnic Republican. She has never hidden her bias in the least.

by Anonymousreply 331January 25, 2020 3:27 PM

r329, Joshua Johnson no longer hosts the NPR podcast 1A and I for one am very happy. Unfortunately, I think they're making a place for him on MSNBC. I don't get the love the media has for this guy.

by Anonymousreply 332January 25, 2020 6:02 PM

Chuck Todd's mouth is disgusting. So misshapen. When he speaks, he always looks like a slobbering drunk.

by Anonymousreply 333January 25, 2020 6:05 PM

R325 Brennan is awful, a complete joke. She reminds me of another "journalist " who regularly gave their conservative subjects slobbering blow jobs , CBS 's Lara Logan. Everytime Logan had a military man on 60 minutes she would practically be licking her lips and making come hither glances.

by Anonymousreply 334January 25, 2020 6:10 PM

Can't NBC send Todd to NYU or Columbia University to take some journalism classes and gain a degree? Some higher-ups are invested in him.

by Anonymousreply 335January 25, 2020 11:06 PM

[quote] A person in Chuck Todd’s position in my opinion should be a journalist who can ask incisive questions and conduct analysis of legislation and relationships, and cut through the bullshit, rather than giddily splashing around in it as Chuck Todd does. The person should be a journalist and not a sports reporter, which is what he really is.

But the same can be said for nearly any other Washington reporter or Sunday show host, including Chuck Todd's counterparts on NBC and CBS. They're all Beltway insiders who are into the horse race, the latest polls, and politics as sport. Nearly all of the political news shows on TV consist of pundits sitting around a table mouthing the latest talking points and reciting the latest poll numbers. None of them are "conducting analysis of legislation and relationships." If that's what you want, you'll never find it on TV. You need to turn to print sources of news. I'm not sure why Chuck Todd is the only one who gets singled out for DL's scorn when his flaws are no different from the flaws of Beltway journalism in general.

by Anonymousreply 336January 25, 2020 11:37 PM

R327, in other words two people wrote back to rell you what you wanted to hear while the third had the decency not to lie to you.

Brennan opened FTN with the Corona virus before pivoting to the impeachment.

R336, I think DL singles out Todd because he's not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 337January 26, 2020 3:18 PM

I single out Todd because of his incessant, annoying as fuck sports analogies for everything. It’s alienating. He is supposed to communicate about government affairs and he does it by saying things like, “The best way to describe what’s happening in Congress today is, you have the Bears on the 40 yard line with 12 seconds on the clock, and the runningback has a sprained knee.” Or some shit. I can’t follow it because I don’t follow sports. And yes, I am the one who raises the point that this isn’t only poor mass communication since it alienates a non-sports-fan audience, but it emphasizes that he views everything that happens in government as an us-versus-them team sporting event. And I do resent that.

And I don’t agree about Brennan. She pushed so hard on Trump when she interviewed him that she cut him off throughout the interview to reprimand him for avoiding her questions. Not many people do that. They just let him blabber on about his bullshit. The Ivanka interview was miserable, though, and her choice to have Mr. Meghan McCain on as a supposed expert really, really bothers me. But as an interviewer in most cases she is much more assertive than either Chuck Todd , who is always looking for some kind of smarmy sound bite, or George Stephanopoulos, who just seems like a total pushover.

Todd is the worst to me, yes, for the reason I stated above. That may seem superficial to some people but his politics-as-sports schtick, I think, isn’t just grating like Ari Melber’s constant rap lyrics are, but actually corruptive to reporting because it frames all things political in the same terms as football or baseball or basketball or hockey, and for a campaign manager that is fine because their goal is to win. But for a journalist—which Chuck Todd is not—it’s inappropriate and irresponsible to relate legislative, judicial and executive matters to the public as if it’s aLl just a series of Cowboys-vs-Redskins playoffs. It’s not. But now people think that it is because political analysts have such a stake on our televisions now that we do think politics is only about red or blue winning. There is gray area in the Second Amendment, in abortion considerations and everything else, but when the paradigm we’re trained to think in is that of a team sport, then there’s no gray area.

by Anonymousreply 338January 26, 2020 4:38 PM

Margaret Brennan, assertive? ROFLMAO. There's a reason why she's the lowest rated. If she weren't a woman then she would have received the same treatment as Dickerson and her ass would have been booted.

by Anonymousreply 339January 26, 2020 4:49 PM

R313, it never was what it used to be. Joe was always interrupting guests to make stupid remarks. His monologues were always annoying as well. The show had good guests, so long as they were on before Joe appeared. And I'd like nothing better than to slap that smug smirk off Donny Deutsch's face.

by Anonymousreply 340January 26, 2020 8:42 PM

MSNBC correspondent Steve Patterson is FUCKING ADORABLE! What's the story on him.

by Anonymousreply 341January 27, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote]TV insiders say NBC News boss Andy Lack and MSNBC’s Phil Griffin had tried to persuade Todd to move “Daily” to 9 a.m., directly after the network’s politically influential “Morning Joe.” The plan would allow Wallace — a breakout cable star — to broadcast for two hours on weekdays, 4 to 6 p.m.

Well looky who is doing the 9:00 a.m. shift of the impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 342January 27, 2020 1:22 PM

What in God's name is the appeal of Joe Scarborough? HE'S SUCH A BUFFOON!!!

by Anonymousreply 343January 28, 2020 12:09 PM

Exactly, R343. Exactly.

It seems obvious that when his contract expires, he should be gone. MSNBC has plenty of people to fill the time.

by Anonymousreply 344January 28, 2020 12:12 PM

Scarborough, either by virtue of his history serving in the House, or some other factor, has the ability to draw big-name guests and is very, very plugged in. They have a lot of cachet from that.

by Anonymousreply 345January 28, 2020 12:17 PM

r344, PLENTY!!!

by Anonymousreply 346January 28, 2020 12:30 PM

I am not a fan but just to answer you question here is the deal with Joe Scarborough.

Unlike almost all the others on MSNBC, he is not just some hired commentator. He created that show, pitched it to the studio and made huge amounts of money for them. They can't just fire him on a whim because someone doesn't like him. Plus his background was as a real politician as a former United States Congressman. Dose Fox have anything even close to that?

At the time all the other political shows were totally one sided or they were just a yelling shit show for ratings. According to him the premise of the show was to have civilized discussions about politics from both sides of the spectrum. I know he goes on those annoying rants but that was his original pitch anyway. Pretty much every politician watches that show. It's the only thing on at that hour in the morning so he has a captive audience. Plus he married his co-host who he hired. Big diamonds aren't cheap you know.

by Anonymousreply 347January 28, 2020 12:36 PM

I like when Joe plays the old time rock n roll from his youth because that's a worthwhile use of television resources.

by Anonymousreply 348January 28, 2020 1:15 PM

Say what, R348?

by Anonymousreply 349January 29, 2020 11:53 PM

Read

The

Article

They want to move him to 9am, after Morning Joe.

He’s not leaving g MtP

He’s not leaving NBC

They want Nicolle Wallace in his spot. MtP Daily isn’t a big ratings catcher & they figure moving Wallace to 5pm would be better & give her 2 hours each day. She’s popular but I don’t see why she would want to do 2 hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 350January 30, 2020 12:05 AM

Dammit r347 that is too bad, bc I hate him too. Schmuck.

by Anonymousreply 351January 30, 2020 12:50 AM

“They can't just fire him on a whim because someone doesn't like him.”

They can if ratings nosedive. That’s how TV works. Even when people have contracts—see how NBC paid $60 mil to Megyn Kelly to leave years early because she was fucking up their brand and their credibility with no improvement in sight.

“Plus his background was as a real politician as a former United States Congressman.”

MSNBC now has Claire McCaskill on contract. She’s a former Senator. That trumps being a former congressman. She served recently. Joe hasn’t served since 2001. That’s nearly 20 years ago. She’s a Democrat. He was a Republican. MSNBC is a communications agent for the Democratic party. He is a narcissistic blowhard asshole who gives soliloquies to hear himself talk and he insults and talks over guests. McCaskill is opinionated but respectful and seemingly sane. Also, as far as we know, McCaskill never fucked her on-air colleague before giving her a raise and a promotion.

by Anonymousreply 352January 30, 2020 9:08 AM

He gone yet?

by Anonymousreply 353January 30, 2020 10:33 AM

Scarborough is the Howard Stern of politics. Mika is his Robin. Joe’s political diatribes are sleep inducing.

And he never accomplished anything as a congressman.

If it wasn’t for Trump, Joe would still be in the McConnell, Graham, Collins, scumbag camp.

by Anonymousreply 354January 30, 2020 10:44 AM

[quote]McCaskill never fucked her on-air colleague

Wonder if Willie Geist is missing out on something that would be really hot?

by Anonymousreply 355January 30, 2020 10:45 AM

I don’t know if Willie knows his value, R355. He should come to one of my seminars and learn where it is. Hint: it’s between his legs.

by Anonymousreply 356January 30, 2020 11:35 AM

Mika is Joe's Jackie.

Robin is actually intelligent and engagingly witty.

by Anonymousreply 357January 30, 2020 12:47 PM

R354 & R 357 - You both exaggerate..

Mika is Joe's Guillermo.

by Anonymousreply 358January 30, 2020 1:08 PM

Mika is Joe’s Baba Booey.

by Anonymousreply 359January 30, 2020 5:37 PM

Mika is Joe's J. Fred Muggs.

by Anonymousreply 360January 30, 2020 6:29 PM

I wish they would get rid of Claire McCaskill. I have not been impressed with her commentary at all. She also has an annoying voice.

by Anonymousreply 361January 30, 2020 10:50 PM

there must be a god in heaven !!!!!!!!

YAY Yay yay yay yy yay yay !!!!! pompous old queen

by Anonymousreply 362January 30, 2020 11:37 PM

While I'm glad Chuck Toad is gone there are so many terrible TV journalists. I wish CNN would fire that nasty cunt Erin Burnett. I'll never forget her smirking and rolling her eyes at occupy Wall Street protesters.

by Anonymousreply 363January 30, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote] I wish they would get rid of Claire McCaskill. I have not been impressed with her commentary at all. She also has an annoying voice.

Claire is OK but nothing special. MSNBC would never replace Joe Scarborough with her, as R352 seems to think. She's certainly not host-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 364January 30, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote] i have [R8] on block. 😬.

Who fucking cares who you have on block?

by Anonymousreply 365January 30, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote] While I'm glad Chuck Toad is gone

He’s not.

He’s still on MSNBC. He still has MtP on Sundays. He’s still political news director at NBC.

by Anonymousreply 366January 30, 2020 11:59 PM

R366 How the fuck was I supposed to guess that from "Chuck Todd On His Way Out " ? I'm sorry I insulted your precious Chuckles you prissy uptight cunt.

by Anonymousreply 367January 31, 2020 12:21 AM

1) The headline doesn’t say he’s gone

2) You’re supposed to read the linked story

by Anonymousreply 368January 31, 2020 12:44 AM

I miss Tim Russert. Too bad Tim died before Obama became president

by Anonymousreply 369January 31, 2020 1:05 AM

Do you notice how much better Morning Joe is when Joe himself is absent. Mika and Willie are not bad when they run the show without box head Joe, with that fucking annoying smirk, shifty beady eyes, and constant interrupting.

by Anonymousreply 370January 31, 2020 1:38 AM

Joe used to always say, what do I know, I'm just a country lawyer? A country lawyer that makes millions. Shut up already.

by Anonymousreply 371January 31, 2020 3:44 AM

[quote]I wish they would get rid of Claire McCaskill. I have not been impressed with her commentary at all. She also has an annoying voice.

Mama issues?

by Anonymousreply 372January 31, 2020 3:56 PM

Joe's mouth hole is very small

by Anonymousreply 373January 31, 2020 4:50 PM

MSNBC is out as far as I'm concerned. I watch Fox or Newsmax.

by Anonymousreply 374February 1, 2020 11:58 PM

R374, so you've decided not to watch news anymore and just go with 24-hours of "check under your bed for brown people!" infotainment.

by Anonymousreply 375February 2, 2020 12:19 AM

Chuck is loathed at MSNBC, he wore out his welcome with his smarmy approach.

BYE BYE GURL

by Anonymousreply 376February 2, 2020 12:25 AM

R374 Why would brown people be under my bed? Nothing down there but dust and the occasional sock.

by Anonymousreply 377February 2, 2020 12:31 AM

Once Dan Rather---the honored, illustrious, serious Dan Rather---was forced out over a story that was true, every other news reporter or wannabe got the message: Say what you're told to say.

Do not rock the Republican Establishment. Democratic, fair game, even unto lies and slanders. But not the Republican.

And it has been ever thus.

by Anonymousreply 378February 2, 2020 11:21 AM

Toad's head and face are like a weird Fuller brush.

by Anonymousreply 379February 2, 2020 11:23 AM

Rather was forced out because he reported as facts things that were not true.

by Anonymousreply 380February 2, 2020 11:32 AM

[quote]MSNBC is out as far as I'm concerned. I watch Fox or Newsmax.

What's the Fool-Aid flavor of the day?

by Anonymousreply 381February 2, 2020 1:48 PM

Chuck Todd has true barf face. Just look at him. The man holds his mouth like he's about to hurl at any minute. It will be a happy day when his ugly toad ass with bangs is no longer on our TV sets. I hope it's soon because I really don't want to hear any presidential general election political analysis from him.

by Anonymousreply 382February 2, 2020 6:11 PM

He's on right now, and I have never been more disappointed in OP.

by Anonymousreply 383February 2, 2020 10:41 PM

^^^ Agreed. Todd is so ugly, it's distracting. I can't even concentrate on whatever bullshit he's spewing.

by Anonymousreply 384February 2, 2020 11:58 PM

I never understand the depth of the animosity here for Chuck Todd. I understand that he is no Anderson Cooper, but he does fine and he isn't really bad looking.

by Anonymousreply 385February 3, 2020 12:05 AM

r385 is sorry ass queen Steve Kornecki (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 386February 3, 2020 12:09 PM

He always reminds me of those old guys who hang around back rooms of adult bookstores who troll to suck any cock

by Anonymousreply 387February 3, 2020 12:40 PM

Toad can't help himself. He always has to make some needless and meaningless editorial comment at the end of a interview or reporting segment.

"That sounds accurate!"

"It's a tough road ahead, that's for sure!"

"We can only hope that no one gets hurt!"

Shit like that. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 388February 3, 2020 1:18 PM

I love Mya Wiley. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 389February 3, 2020 4:55 PM

She’s no Jill Wine-Banks, but I totally agree, R389!

by Anonymousreply 390February 3, 2020 5:21 PM

His goatee makes his mouth look like a hairy vagina

by Anonymousreply 391February 3, 2020 5:28 PM

R386, actually, I really like Steve Kornacki too. He's cute.

by Anonymousreply 392February 4, 2020 12:08 AM

Steve Kornacki is insufferable with his shtick big board and khakis.

by Anonymousreply 393February 4, 2020 7:38 AM

Steve Kornacki is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 394February 4, 2020 10:32 AM

Kornacki almost went into cardiac arrest last night! It was hilarious. He was panting and sweating.

by Anonymousreply 395February 5, 2020 10:07 PM

Steve Kornacki hates being gay.

by Anonymousreply 396February 7, 2020 5:41 PM

Can you blame him?

by Anonymousreply 397February 7, 2020 10:15 PM

Kornaki isn’t the type of gay that R396 requires. How unfortunate for him.

by Anonymousreply 398February 7, 2020 10:33 PM

He has issues. Cannot take him seriously with the whole "uniform" khakis, shirts sleeves rolled up whenever he is by his board. He works at a News Channel, not McDonalds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399February 8, 2020 9:21 PM

Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Buttigieg:

Chuck Todd has the worst haircut ever or a bad hair piece. It looks creepy and he should just go with a bald head instead of this bad combover.

Buttigieg looks like a creepy schoolboy and is too academic. I doubt he'll get African Americans or workers to vote for him.

Any Republicans or WH officials on the morning shows this week's? I hope they focus on the primaries or whatever and not give Trump any more airtime.

by Anonymousreply 400February 9, 2020 3:20 PM

I'm disappointed in OP also. I was told Chuck Todd would be out. Although it makes sense to keep him through the election. I can't stand him because of his obsessive bias. Just this morning he asked Bernie something along the lines of "Socialism, Communism, the fact is that the American public does not believe in socialism. The fact is the economy is working great for plenty. What do you tell Americans who like their 401ks? " WTF are you even saying??? Bernie replied "Tell that to the workers whose wages grew 17 cents above inflation in two years."

by Anonymousreply 401February 9, 2020 4:40 PM

There is only one kind of gay and it is the neck-rolling, finger-snapping, hyper-sexual, sassy gay with the ridiculous hairstyle and outrageous clothes. If you don't fit that "in your face" stereotype, the gays will hiss and sneer.

by Anonymousreply 402February 9, 2020 4:44 PM

Is Chuck Todd Jewish? For some reason I thought he was, and yet there's this story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403February 13, 2020 12:00 AM

Yes, he's Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 404February 13, 2020 12:01 AM

Just want to remind you all that Chuck Todd does a pretty good job approaching politics from a non-partisan, journalist's perspective. He's insightful and informative on everyday politics and is clearly a student of political history. I watch MTP and often MTP Daily and listen to the chuck toddcast and am an admitted fan!

by Anonymousreply 405February 13, 2020 1:19 AM

Hi, Chuck! Welcome to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 406February 13, 2020 1:23 AM

Just want to remind you all that Chuck Todd is terrible at his job

by Anonymousreply 407February 13, 2020 1:28 AM

"We're not brownshirts!"

But ya are, Blanche. Ya are.

by Anonymousreply 408February 13, 2020 3:15 AM

Choke Todd is so fucking 90s that it hurts. Nicole Wallace with that droopy nose and too-small chipmunk / bird beak mouth...yuck. Andrea Mitchell drones viewers to sleep with that horse voice. Rachel and her idiot-savant range with never ending sentences. Claire with that sunken mouth and manly jaw screeching as if she is a great mind. Does this network have anyone that's not fucking annoying? Oh, and their death dance with the retards of Marxist facism. Puh-leeze...

by Anonymousreply 409February 13, 2020 4:12 AM

NO WORRIES CNN will hire him.😀

by Anonymousreply 410February 13, 2020 4:16 AM

Oh, my God!!! Timo!!! Tell us more about yourself. We seem to have been deprived of yourself and whatever it is you have to offer us, as the Timo who was last with her.

by Anonymousreply 411February 13, 2020 6:27 AM

[quote] Even when people have contracts—see how NBC paid $60 mil to Megyn Kelly to leave years early because she was fucking up their brand and their credibility with no improvement in sight.

That's totally a different story than the "deal" Morning Joe made. He pitched a 6am morning show about politics, everyone thought it would fail. I am sure he locked in his own security into the contract since he was not being paid a lot. People like Megyn Kelly were pursued by MSNBC so that kind of deal is always give them an easy out because they promised big money up front, they expect that person to deliver high ratings.

by Anonymousreply 412February 13, 2020 6:40 AM

So when is Todd leaving? I'm waiting...

by Anonymousreply 413February 13, 2020 8:04 AM

[quote]Just want to remind you all that Chuck Todd does a pretty good job approaching politics from a non-partisan, journalist's perspective. He's insightful and informative on everyday politics and is clearly a student of political history. I watch MTP and often MTP Daily and listen to the chuck toddcast and am an admitted fan!

Ahhh yeah...NO.

by Anonymousreply 414February 13, 2020 8:15 AM

R405 Is Chuck Todd's mother.

by Anonymousreply 415February 13, 2020 10:25 AM

Could Chuck host Kellyanne for an extended interview and best her? Nawh.

by Anonymousreply 416February 13, 2020 10:40 AM

Sorry for bumping this older thread, but I just needed to vent as to how Todd has become more insufferable, which I didn't think was possible. This diminutive (5' 2") jerk has gotten worse during the pandemic coverage. He interrupts every guest. When he is not interrupting, he is making noises to try to impress viewers that he is so knowledgeable about every topic. Take the fool's booster chair from him.

by Anonymousreply 417April 29, 2020 5:29 PM

I’m ff’ing this thread for fake headline. And there’s no reason to bump this thread. Start a new thread. If you don’t know how to start a new thread or claim “it’s because I don’t pay” you’re a troll.

Those of us who don’t pay know we can start threads whenever it isn’t prime time. The only people who can’t start threads when it’s not prime time are those who are using multiple ISPs & VPNs,

by Anonymousreply 418April 29, 2020 7:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!