Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

16 Ways Trump Made Life Hell for LGBTQ Americans in 2019

Also, 16 ways to tell asshole 'gay conservatives' to shut the fuck up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 2, 2020 5:45 PM

Simpleton, apathetic gays thought Trump and his asshole daughter being so "progressive" on gay issues meant they wouldn't have to think about who would actually be making the decisions.

by Anonymousreply 1December 31, 2019 6:40 PM

2, 5, and 10 aren’t related to gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2020 3:41 AM

Honestly, none of these bug me.

AIDS research has progressed to a point that we no longer need US federal funding.

I don’t care if an embassy flys a gay pride flag; in fct, I think they should not.

And as for all the trans stuff, good for him!

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2020 8:58 AM

The linked article about the Equality Act explains that the Senate and Trump's opposition to it is because it contains several poison pills. Those sections should be removed so that the bill can pass. Sometimes you have to wonder if people really want to pass legislation when they know if they load it up like a Christmas tree it won't pass. Something is better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2020 9:41 AM

If they really cared about gay rights there would have been gay marriage a generation earlier and no trans-anything.

by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2020 12:32 PM

R3 is my kinda guy.

by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2020 1:03 PM

The UN proved they refuse to support gays without also pushing the trans shit, so they are also part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2020 1:04 PM

R3, so funny. No need for federal funding to fight HIV?

Where will it get funding from?

Oh, you don’t really care because you’re a Russian troll

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2020 1:10 PM

[Quote] The linked article about the Equality Act explains that the Senate and Trump's opposition to it is because it contains several poison pills.

No matter what’s in it, the religious right, which has control of the GOP, won’t let its politicians vote for the Equality Act.

What has the GOP ever done to show gays it supports their equality? NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2020 1:12 PM

And you're a fucking xenophobe, R8.

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2020 1:12 PM

“The Bill has poison pills in it” is political talk for “I would never have voted for it but I have to come up with some reason to make it seem I’m now an awful person.”

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2020 1:13 PM

[quote] And you're a fucking xenophobe

Seriously? That's the best comeback you have?

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2020 1:14 PM

R10, yes, I hate Russian trolls like you

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2020 1:14 PM

This is anti-gay transcult propaganda. FF OP.

by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2020 1:14 PM

Trans is a choice. Gay isn't. The same people attacking Trump for being able to tell the difference are the same ones attacking Pete for not being an embarrassing stereotype of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2020 1:15 PM

[Quote] 2, 5, and 10 aren’t related to gays and lesbians.

Nor are they related to cats.

Not sure what your point is

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2020 1:15 PM

R12, he’s the racist, anti-trans troll.

Ignore him

by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2020 1:16 PM

R16/R17 is the same anti-gay troll.

by Anonymousreply 18January 1, 2020 1:16 PM

[Quote] Those sections should be removed so that the bill can pass.

The main poison pill for the GOP is that it’s a bill that provides equal protection for gays

by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2020 1:16 PM

Anti-trans IS pro-gay.

by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2020 1:17 PM

R18, says the racist, anti-trans troll

by Anonymousreply 21January 1, 2020 1:18 PM

Acronym users are bigots, plain and simple. Either you will spell and say GAY out loud without reducing us to a single letter in an acronym, or you will be forever branded a bigot.

by Anonymousreply 22January 1, 2020 1:18 PM

R19 is a sellout like all transcult enablers.

by Anonymousreply 23January 1, 2020 1:18 PM

"Racist" is just a synonym for "I hate white people" at this point.

by Anonymousreply 24January 1, 2020 1:19 PM

Which President made a deal with this country?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 1, 2020 1:25 PM

Notice how OP will only actually spell out the word gay when in the context of a phrase with sneer quotes around it, just like any other homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 26January 1, 2020 1:26 PM

Honey, don't let me COMMENCE.

by Anonymousreply 27January 1, 2020 1:34 PM

Mis-sexing a gay man was never funny, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28January 1, 2020 1:35 PM

This ‘equality’ bill withholds department of education funding for school systems that refuse to allow physically intact, unmedicated teenage boys to compete on the girls athletics teams. If this policy gets put into law, a generation of female high school athletes are going to lose out on winning titles and scholarships. Eventually it would get reformed because of the obvious unfairness but those girls will be shit out of luck.

Yeah. Real equal.

by Anonymousreply 29January 1, 2020 1:36 PM

Both my sisters were student-athletes. I'm glad they graduated before this shit went into overdrive.

by Anonymousreply 30January 1, 2020 1:41 PM

R25, which President and his family are best buds with the rulers of this country?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 1, 2020 1:47 PM

Hmmm. I’m gay and married to a immigrant... “Made Life Hell”...

*click*

... oh. Tranny stuff and a lot of bombast over procedural stuff (ADA laws and rainbow crosswalks; rules about flags being flown with the US flag abroad). The one thing I DO remember is THIS link... which pisses off the fundies.

I hate Trump too but give. me. a. break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 1, 2020 1:47 PM

The entire US government has been friendly with the house of Saud because they consider them a bulwark against Iran who, unlike them, are not actually Arabs but are still Muslim.

A second secular source to confirm R32 isn't lying:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 1, 2020 1:49 PM

Of course I’m not lying! But who cares about gays in those countries?!

Giving Trump or his administration ONE INCH is literally worse than any other anti gay regime on the planet. Or so sayeth SJW loonies on the Independent with headlines like...

“Thanks, Donald Trump, but as a gay man I'd rather you didn't go on a global campaign in my name

The far-right has a long history of pretending to be friends with LGBT+ people — at the end of the day, this neo-colonialist effort will only serve to bolster Trump's hardline Republicans and alienate developing countries”

by Anonymousreply 34January 1, 2020 1:55 PM

R34 is a sexist and a homophobe. Only sexists and homophobes think we should be lumped in with transcultists.

by Anonymousreply 35January 1, 2020 1:57 PM

It was SARCASM R35

by Anonymousreply 36January 1, 2020 1:58 PM

I beg your pardon, R36, but there so many people who believe that unironically that they would rather let gays die than help Republicans. They literally hate the GOP more than they love gay people, and it shows in the language of the laws they write.

by Anonymousreply 37January 1, 2020 2:00 PM

In February, a State Department spokesperson clarified that the push to decriminalize homosexuality globally is not a really new U.S. policy.

“This really is not a big policy departure. This is long-standing and it's bipartisan," State Department Deputy Spokesperson Robert Palladino said at the time. “I would say that this is a good opportunity to listen and to discuss ideas about how the United States can advance decriminalization of homosexuality around the world, and that's been our policy."

by Anonymousreply 38January 1, 2020 2:07 PM

Let’s stop pretending any of Trump’s moves with any country have anything to do with how gays are treated there.

by Anonymousreply 39January 1, 2020 2:19 PM

R25, and now, with Trump getting out of the Oran treaty at the behest of Israel , we’re heading towards a nuclear Iran.

Thanks, Bibi and Trump

by Anonymousreply 40January 1, 2020 2:21 PM

Trump and the GOP hate gays and put up every possible blockade to legal equality that they could.

It was the Trump DOJ that argued in court that it’s fine to fire gays for being gay and that businesses not sell to gays if they don’t want.

Trump’s HHS argued that doctors be allowed to not treat gays because they are gay.

by Anonymousreply 41January 1, 2020 2:23 PM

And out come the antisemites to Blame Israel First. Anti-zionism is not just anti-semitism, it's homophobia, too.

by Anonymousreply 42January 1, 2020 2:26 PM

[Quote] State Department spokesperson clarified that the push to decriminalize homosexuality globally is not a really new U.S. policy.

When asked about this policy Trump actually had no idea what the reporter was talking about.

And that said, what push is the Trump Administration doing here? Have any countries been threatened with reduced funding? NO

It’s ALL bullshit

by Anonymousreply 43January 1, 2020 2:27 PM

[Quote] And out come the antisemites to Blame Israel First. Anti-zionism is not just anti-semitism, it's homophobia, too.

Then come the Israel apologists who try to convince us that all these pro-Israel polices happens in a vacuum and what Israel demands isn’t part of it

by Anonymousreply 44January 1, 2020 2:29 PM

Notice how the same people who hate Trump are also pushing T propaganda everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 45January 1, 2020 2:29 PM

The more you keep it up, the faster we will d r o p t h e T and not only that but EVERYONE who helped enable it with absolutely no exceptions whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 46January 1, 2020 2:30 PM

R45, the world hates Trump

by Anonymousreply 47January 1, 2020 2:30 PM

No one is dropping the T.

That movement is all part of the GOP’s plan to divide the LGBT coalition.

by Anonymousreply 48January 1, 2020 2:31 PM

Don't engage the troll, r47.

by Anonymousreply 49January 1, 2020 2:32 PM

And back to how Trump hates gays—

It’s amazing how the GOP remains desperate to keep the religious right. While GOP politicians are chatting up boys on Grindr and slipping abortion pills to their mistresses, they pretend they are Family-Focused

by Anonymousreply 50January 1, 2020 2:36 PM

The support for dropping it is growing and it is bipartisan.

by Anonymousreply 51January 1, 2020 2:37 PM

If by "the world" you mean "homophobic shitholes that need to be bombed into submission as punishment for crimes against homosexuality".

by Anonymousreply 52January 1, 2020 2:38 PM

Israel is the only Middle Eastern country that has done anything at all for gay rights so it is the only Middle Eastern country with any moral authority whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 53January 1, 2020 2:38 PM

The enemies of Judaism and the enemies of homosexuality have no rights that gays and Jews are bound to respect. Gay Jewish IDF soldiers who kill heterosexual Muslim terrorists are doing God's work on Earth. As long as gays and Jews are oppressed anywhere on Earth you will pay taxes to support Israel and like it.

by Anonymousreply 54January 1, 2020 2:39 PM

R48, I’m a registered Democrat who has never voted for a Rethuglican in my life.

by Anonymousreply 55January 1, 2020 2:40 PM

Israel should be allowed to take over the whole goddamn Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 56January 1, 2020 2:41 PM

Transcult supporters project their hatred of gays onto those who are smart enough to see the difference between gays and the transcult.

You know, just like Dave Chappelle demonstrated in that Netflix special.

by Anonymousreply 57January 1, 2020 2:43 PM

Troll trying desperately to change the subject.

The Trump administration is trying all it can to stop gay rights. With all the conservative judges it’s naming, gay marriage will be next on the chopping block.

by Anonymousreply 58January 1, 2020 2:46 PM

Tr-nsph-b-- is not a real prejudice any more than h-t-r-ph-b-- is: both are terms of psychological projection used by bigots to project their bigotry onto those they are prejudiced against.

by Anonymousreply 59January 1, 2020 2:48 PM

If you support any of Trump's heterosexual opponents in the primaries, then you are also part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 60January 1, 2020 2:49 PM

Fuck you, R3, R45 and the rest of you Trumpette assholes.

by Anonymousreply 61January 1, 2020 2:49 PM

Die a bloated, bedsore-riddel incel, R61 and the rest of you stealth homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 62January 1, 2020 2:50 PM

Trump promised to name judges to overturn gay marriage. Once he realized that if he worked publicly against gay marriage, it would turn off tons of people, so publicly he stopped—-but he kept naming the same sort of judges.

Where do you think this will end up?

by Anonymousreply 63January 1, 2020 2:58 PM

There are cases going through the courts to weaken gay marriage already. In Texas, there’s a case that tries to allow governments to look at gay marriage different from straight marriage.

by Anonymousreply 64January 1, 2020 2:59 PM

We don't serve word salad, R63/R64. Fuck off, stealth homophobe. You're the one trying to divide the gay community with this alphabet shit.

by Anonymousreply 65January 1, 2020 3:01 PM

Why isn't the opposition trying to ban heterosexual marriage?

by Anonymousreply 66January 1, 2020 3:02 PM

I personally know a lawyer who worked on all of the DOJ’s anti-gay cases (I had gone to school with him).

After two years at the DOJ, he suddenly got a lifetime appointment to a federal court, one of the conservative judges Trump nominated.

Although he seemed gay himself, he’s a complete homophobe himself, saying openly that gays doesn’t deserve equal rights

by Anonymousreply 67January 1, 2020 3:04 PM

I will not vote for any candidate or party who supports the transcult. The more you insult, threaten, and try to intimidate me for speaking out against it and the existential threat it poses to the gay community, the more I will double down on it until it goes away for good. And if we have to get rid of heterosexuality to do it, then it will not be missed.

by Anonymousreply 68January 1, 2020 3:04 PM

Trans is a choice. Being gay is not. If you will not say that out loud, then you are a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 69January 1, 2020 3:05 PM

“I will be the best president ever for LGBTQ!”

by Anonymousreply 70January 1, 2020 3:06 PM

R67 is lying like all stealth homophobes lie. Stealth homophobes are concern trolls. They don't actually like gay people or want to help us, they just want to keep the Alphabet Shakedown Machine alive because they have no talents or marketable job skills. They rely on a bigbad to make themselves relevant.

by Anonymousreply 71January 1, 2020 3:07 PM

R70 is another stealth homophobe and liar.

No, we don't want "equality." We are superior and we want the laws to reflect that.

by Anonymousreply 72January 1, 2020 3:07 PM

Gays are just a scapegoat all fascists love to attack— Trump, Putin, Brazilian Pres, Phillipines pres.

Trump and the GOP push the blame for the country’s problems to gays, Muslims, immigrants, etc, while actually shoveling money to the rich

by Anonymousreply 73January 1, 2020 3:10 PM

The trolls are out in full force in this thread trying to make gay men stay home because "trans". If you fall for this clownery after the 2016 election, you are a fool.

by Anonymousreply 74January 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Anti-gay ex-gay propagandists deserve no civil rights whatsoever, and neither do the sellouts who enable them. Trans is ex-gay therapy and should have been banned along with the religious kind for the same reason. And the more lying Uncles Tom like R73 project their own bigotry onto gays who stand up for the purity of homosexuality, the more complict they are in gay erasure.

by Anonymousreply 75January 1, 2020 3:13 PM

The rich? You mean like Tim Cook and Peter Thiel?

by Anonymousreply 76January 1, 2020 3:13 PM

Rich gay people deserve to be rich.

by Anonymousreply 77January 1, 2020 3:14 PM

The way rich people live should be the minimum standard for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 78January 1, 2020 3:15 PM

DL

Trolls and trumptards are going to besiege and try to ruin this board, along with the rest of the world this year. We have to resist. Don’t feed the trolls!!!!

by Anonymousreply 79January 1, 2020 3:16 PM

You hate Trump more than you love gay people, R79. You're a self-loathing homophobe and a self-loathing misandrist. You'd rather see gay people continue to suffer as long as Republicans also suffer.

by Anonymousreply 80January 1, 2020 3:18 PM

Seriously, who the hell cares about the suffering of anti-gay bigots?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 1, 2020 3:20 PM

Let’s just talk about all the ways Trump hates gays

by Anonymousreply 82January 1, 2020 3:34 PM

R82 is still lying and projecting as usual. The biggest existential threats to gay people in 2020 are on the Left. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 83January 1, 2020 4:24 PM

R79, so a repeat of 2016, and 2012, and 2008 etc. They always show up talking shit. And if a Democrat wins they'll flock here bemoaning the deficit and how we "have to do something" with that something being cutting spending on welfare, medicare, medicare etc. etc. It's the same script every election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2020 4:39 PM

R84 is a homophobe projecting his own homophobia onto anyone smart enough to read between the lines.

by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]"Racist" is just a synonym for "I hate white people" at this point.

He forgot to mention you're also a bigoted Zionist turd who thinks you get to call for the deaths of hundreds of millions of people who are Arab or Muslim because you get to define what every single one of them thinks. Meanwhile, if someone said all Jews need to be killed, you'd suddenly recognize that's a despicable thing to say and call that person out for it.

Funny how lacking in self-awareness people like you are. You would've happily joined the Nazis if (white)Jews weren't the target. I mean Netanyahu already absolved Hitler and blamed the holocaust on the Palestinians...because that's what white supremacist Jews do. And they do clearly exist: See Stephen Miller, Pamela Geller, Breitbart, Laura Loomis, and you.

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2020 6:19 PM

Yup, Matt, our mentally ill bigot troll, is back and he is just as obsessed as he ever was. Not to mention that he's just as deranged, delusional, irrational, and hilariously stupid as he ever was. Just put him on Ignore and move on. You can't argue with crazy and you don't need to, since he's his own worst enemy and nobody could possibly take his bigoted drivel seriously.

by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2020 8:08 PM

Lumping gays into an acronym with self-loathing self-mutilators is a form of divide-and-conquer.

by Anonymousreply 88January 2, 2020 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!