Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amanda Bynes - the next Aaron Carter?

Uh oh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 18, 2020 10:16 PM

Septum piercing + face tattoo = Advanced Demi Lovato. Or what I think Lovato will be like after she's past her expiration date. This is sad though, I think something really bad must have happened to Amanda in her childhood/teen years to make her so messed up. Maybe Jennie Garth fondled her.

by Anonymousreply 1December 31, 2019 5:40 PM

Her skin looks good, not overly facetuned.

by Anonymousreply 2December 31, 2019 5:53 PM

[quote] I think something really bad must have happened to Amanda in her childhood/teen years to make her so messed up.

Don't doubt this for a second. Hollywood predators got to her.

by Anonymousreply 3December 31, 2019 5:54 PM

R3, this guy is one creepy dude. He's the producer for all those Nickelodeon shows. Rumors were he got Britney Spears's sister pregnant. I don't know about that but he is shady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 31, 2019 6:12 PM

I feel bad for her compared to Aaron. I really believe she's had mental problems and wasn't just a druggie

by Anonymousreply 5December 31, 2019 6:13 PM

She was actually talented as a kid

by Anonymousreply 6December 31, 2019 6:21 PM

R5, according to her lawyers and parents, she has never been diagnosed with anything. Maybe we should interpret that to mean "never officially diagnosed". There has to be something there.

by Anonymousreply 7December 31, 2019 6:21 PM

Schneider is an obese man and his wife sells diet advice. Why would anyone take her advice when she failed her own family?

by Anonymousreply 8December 31, 2019 6:21 PM

[Quote] I feel bad for her compared to Aaron. I really believe she's had mental problems and wasn't just a druggie

Silly of you to group them separately.

by Anonymousreply 9December 31, 2019 6:24 PM

[quote]Amanda Bynes - the next Aaron Carter?

Based on the timing of when people went wacko, wasn't Aaron Carter the next Amanda Bynes, who was the next Lohan, who was the next Corey (take your pick), who were the next Dana Plato?

[quote]She was actually talented as a kid

Yeah, she did a bunch of fun teen movies, like Lohan, before going off the rails, like Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 10December 31, 2019 6:59 PM

I want to know why Hollywood predators still exist. How is it even possible with people being exposed all of the time?

by Anonymousreply 11December 31, 2019 7:01 PM

[Quote] I want to know why Hollywood predators still exist. How is it even possible with people being exposed all of the time?

Are people being exposed all the time? How long did it taken to put an end to Weinstein (and has that really happened?)? Or Cosby?

by Anonymousreply 12December 31, 2019 7:03 PM

Wasn’t she like Drake & Josh’s beard or something? And they would all hang out with a bunch of giant dancing lobsters?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 31, 2019 7:14 PM

WTF is up with this Dan Schneider not being in some way investigated, let alone being allowed to still work. There are so many rumors about him. How is he still employed?

by Anonymousreply 14December 31, 2019 7:24 PM

I hope that face tattoo isn't real, it's tragic.

by Anonymousreply 15December 31, 2019 7:26 PM

My untalented 8 year old draws better than that sad fucking tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 16December 31, 2019 7:28 PM

Hope it's fake. Good gawd. Save these damaged kids.

by Anonymousreply 17December 31, 2019 7:29 PM

Aww. I thought she had gotten better. But if she really got this tattoo then she can't be in her right mind. She still has to be sick. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 18December 31, 2019 7:29 PM

[quote] My untalented 8 year old

Dad/Real-ass Dude of the Week!

by Anonymousreply 19December 31, 2019 7:30 PM

Her parents were very old when they had her.

I wonder if that age of eggs and older sperm contributed to some latent onset mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 20December 31, 2019 7:33 PM

I believe she is in denial of her bipolar disorder and only takes her medication for it sporadically. If you EVER go off the meds, manic episodes ensue.

by Anonymousreply 21December 31, 2019 7:39 PM

It was a different guy who knocked up Britany Spears sister, not Dan Schneider.

And Amanda Bynes was loony tunes, even as a teen. I heard stuff behind the scenes about the behind the scenes of the sitcom she did with Jenny Garth. Ironically, what I heard, got posted here on the DL 10 years later, by someone who worked on the show, so there must've been some truth to it. It was basically, her being sexually inappropriate with Jenny's husband and certain crew members. (i.e. leaving her dressing room door open and changing her clothes.) I have no idea if she was having addiction issues or mental illness issues in the early 2000's. She would've been around 18 or 20 back then and I think her problems emerged much later. Not positive, though.

But, I'm sorry, anyone who tats their face has some mental deficiency, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 22December 31, 2019 7:42 PM

That is exactly the age when bipolar typically manifests itself, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 23December 31, 2019 7:44 PM

Call me..

by Anonymousreply 24December 31, 2019 8:33 PM

[Quote] She was actually talented as a kid

Which just makes it all the more depressing. I don't think there's a single project of hers that I haven't enjoyed. She's The Man is my fave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 1, 2020 4:30 AM

Is Amanda back in the spotlight? Her twitter meltdowns were epic.

by Anonymousreply 26January 1, 2020 4:57 AM

Okay, sure, face tattoos... tacky, but a heart? How basic.

by Anonymousreply 27January 1, 2020 4:59 AM

Also, that looks nothing like what my mind recalls Bynes looking like. She looks like Mylie Cyrus or something. Did she have some pretty drastic work done?

I can't. I can't with my childhood entertainers losing their shit as they age. It's tragic... the relationship humans have with image.

by Anonymousreply 28January 1, 2020 5:00 AM

She must have some sort of official diagnosis, no matter what her parents say. To everyone here talking about "predators ", you're being very simplistic. People can become damaged and mentally ill for all sorts of reasons, not all of them relating to sex abuse . Genetics, bad experiences with peers, dysfunctional family dynamics and chronic stress are just some of the other things that can screw up someone's head. Not every mentally ill person is that way as a result of molestation .

by Anonymousreply 29January 1, 2020 6:04 AM

R26 were they? I only remember when she asked Drake to murder her vagina.

R29 you're right, but in this case I do think sexual abuse was involved.

by Anonymousreply 30January 1, 2020 7:06 AM

At least the tattoo is not near her eye. She can have is lasered off.

by Anonymousreply 31January 1, 2020 7:21 AM

I give her a huge pass. She has mental issues far beyond her control, much like Britters. Schizophrenia is the one remaining mental health issue that still freaks people out, so, like Britney, she has to lay low when things get especially bad. She can't go on the TV circut, be an advocate for a more "acceptable" condition and get some support while doing so. This poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 32January 1, 2020 7:31 AM

I think Amanda suffers from a schizoaffective disorder based on her meltdown some years back—she and her parents tried to claim it was too much pot and drugs, but it was obvious something else was going on. She exhibited a number signs that pointed toward schizophrenia. It is possible she is not adhering to her therapy and is relapsing. Schizophrenics have to be consistent with their antipsychotic meds, and any sort of lapse can cause a lot of problems. It is really sad because, like many people, I grew up watching her. She was a talented, funny kid. Unfortunately, I don't think there will ever be a bouncing back for her in regards to her career.

by Anonymousreply 33January 1, 2020 7:49 AM

Can we get a law passed that states it's illegal to tattoo your face...or have anyone tattoo your face?! What's happening to some screwed up people these days is for them to become even more screwed up. This has to stop. No more tattooing anyone's face.

by Anonymousreply 34January 1, 2020 8:42 AM

The story about Bynes changing with the door open on her sitcom aged 18-20 makes sex abuse seem like a distinct possibility. Abuse victims are often hypersexual in the aftermath.

by Anonymousreply 35January 1, 2020 11:23 AM

I hope all these former Nickelodeon women get their revenge in the form of success & healing for what undoubtedly happened.

I thought at one point Jennette McCurdy (former actress of iCARLY and later SAM & CAT) might be the one to topple the house of cards, but she’s moving on with her life and that’s probably a good thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 1, 2020 12:24 PM

Kudos to McCurdy for moving behind the camera. May she never end up like poor dear sad old Maitland Ward.

by Anonymousreply 37January 1, 2020 12:28 PM

I want to know why people still submit their children to become performers during childhood or adolescence. It seems like giving a kid a loaded handgun and telling them to play Russian roulette with it.

by Anonymousreply 38January 1, 2020 12:47 PM

[quote]according to her lawyers and parents, she has never been diagnosed with anything. Maybe we should interpret that to mean "never officially diagnosed". There has to be something there.

That legalese so if she is well enough to work she can be insured. She has serious mental illness. Shame she is very talented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 1, 2020 1:28 PM

NPH has talked about how one of his lawyer parents was on set as a full time job. I wonder if one of Amanda's parents was the same. It was sad how that stunt guy had the opportunity to abuse Eliza Dushku.

by Anonymousreply 40January 1, 2020 1:32 PM

If you put your kids into Hollywood acting jobs, then you may as well just sell them to Satan.

by Anonymousreply 41January 1, 2020 1:50 PM

R38, to answer your question, one word: MONEY. And lots of it.

by Anonymousreply 42January 1, 2020 5:42 PM

CA has laws on the books (including Lanterman-Petris Short Act) that place the freedom and autonomy of mentally ill people as the priority. It is extremely difficult to get mentally ill patients held longer than 10 days and forcibly medicated, much less placed on a conservatorship. CA law favors upholding individuals' civil liberties, and those liberties are not easily taken away.

Placing a person on a conservatorship is done when that person is considered gravely disabled (in a legal sense) due to serious mental illness. Typically 2-3 doctors' opinions who have treated /evaluated the person are needed to justify conservatorship. Drug addiction alone does not qualify.

There is no way a judge would approve Amanda being on a conservatorship without meeting those strict criteria established by the LPS Act.

Taking away

by Anonymousreply 43January 1, 2020 6:23 PM

She was awesome in "The Easy A", poor girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 1, 2020 6:35 PM

R44 I love “Easy A,”!but Bynes’s character is a copy of Mandy Moore’s “Saved” character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 1, 2020 6:39 PM

[Quote] I thought at one point Jennette McCurdy (former actress of iCARLY and later SAM & CAT) might be the one to topple the house of cards

I thought so too 😔 I wonder what kind of shit Ariana and Victoria went through??

by Anonymousreply 46January 2, 2020 2:24 AM

Justice is probably still scarred that gross leprechaun Drake openly tweeted himself jerking it to her on VICTORIOUS.

Imagine finding out that not only are your fans & producers & writers perverse creeps, but so are your peer coworkers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 2, 2020 10:14 AM

There's a few clips of a 23-year old Youtuber going around where she's drunk or high and her producer was making out with her, not realizing she was livestreaming everything. You hear about this shit but to actually hear him panic when he realize she's recording it and telling her she can't post it because it will ruin things is so disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 2, 2020 2:12 PM

How could he be making out with her when he barely stops asking "Are you on Instagram?"

by Anonymousreply 49January 2, 2020 2:35 PM

There's another clip.

by Anonymousreply 50January 2, 2020 2:39 PM

R47 omg i forgot about that shit 🤦‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 51January 2, 2020 2:39 PM

Post the other clip

by Anonymousreply 52January 2, 2020 11:31 PM

It's on this page. It does seem kind of creepy. I don't know why she would live stream this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 3, 2020 12:00 AM

It's on this page. It does seem kind of creepy. I don't know why she would live stream this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 3, 2020 12:00 AM

Here is the twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 3, 2020 12:17 AM

R53 she is obviously fucked yo out of her mind on god knows what

by Anonymousreply 56January 3, 2020 12:17 AM

Fucked up*

by Anonymousreply 57January 3, 2020 12:18 AM

Oh my this Lia Marie Johnson girl is a mess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 3, 2020 12:26 AM

looks nothing like Amanda Bynes. she must have used those Instagram filters. Seriously looks like another person

by Anonymousreply 59January 3, 2020 6:48 PM

"youtube star."

I hope the war just ends us all.

by Anonymousreply 60January 3, 2020 6:53 PM

Who cares about this girl? Weren't we talking about Amanda? Did I miss something?

by Anonymousreply 61January 3, 2020 9:17 PM

That YouTube skank is 23 so if ex sentence to get high and ho around with random guys it’s legal.

by Anonymousreply 62January 4, 2020 3:01 AM

Feel ya, R60.

by Anonymousreply 63January 5, 2020 1:02 AM

Engaged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 16, 2020 1:40 AM

Was the heart for Valentine’s Day and she’ll add a shamrock for St. Patricks and so on?

by Anonymousreply 65February 16, 2020 2:19 AM

Not "get."

"Put."

by Anonymousreply 66February 16, 2020 2:39 AM

R64

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 16, 2020 3:27 AM

R47 looks like he was just naked not jerking to me

by Anonymousreply 68February 16, 2020 4:32 AM

That looks like kind of a crappy apartment...is that ring from a Cracker Jack box?

by Anonymousreply 69February 18, 2020 7:10 PM

Ah, it's a sober living facility. And she met the guy at AA. Well, hopefully he is wealthy and the ring is the real deal. Very unfortunate about the awful face tattoo. That certainly won't help with trying to rekindle her acting career. She still doesn't look all the way right though, poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 70February 18, 2020 7:35 PM

[Quote] And she met the guy at AA.

Well that's always a good sign.....

by Anonymousreply 71February 18, 2020 10:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!