Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What happened to Jennifer Lawrence's career?

she was billed as Hollywood's Next Big Thing and now she's barely in the news

by Anonymousreply 137January 3, 2020 5:14 AM

According to imdb, she has one film in post-production, one in pre-production, and one announced.

by Anonymousreply 1December 30, 2019 11:21 PM

Same thing happens to Alicia Valeknder . Their mentor Harvey is stuck in a criminal sex scandal .

Now who will hore these mildly talented hoebags?

by Anonymousreply 2December 30, 2019 11:26 PM

Same thing happens to Alicia Valeknder . Their mentor Harvey is stuck in a criminal sex scandal .

Now who will hore these mildly talented hoebags?

by Anonymousreply 3December 30, 2019 11:26 PM

Without Harvey, she's nothing.

by Anonymousreply 4December 30, 2019 11:27 PM

"Now who will hore"

Oh dear, oh dear, R2/R3.

by Anonymousreply 5December 30, 2019 11:28 PM

she proved herself as an artist in her first movie. she has nothing else to prove after that performance.

by Anonymousreply 6December 30, 2019 11:31 PM

Artist my ass

by Anonymousreply 7December 30, 2019 11:31 PM

Artist my ass

by Anonymousreply 8December 30, 2019 11:31 PM

Weren't all the actresses Harvey was hoaring (yes i know) mildly talented?

When I look at the list of actresses that spoke out against him none of them would be considered overwhelmingly talented.

He only fucked with shitty talent and I wonder if that was his bad taste talent or he thought only bad actresses would be desperate enough to come around him.

by Anonymousreply 9December 30, 2019 11:31 PM

You can't be America's Sweetheart with a face full of cum.

by Anonymousreply 10December 30, 2019 11:32 PM

R9, that's true, hence a ho like Rose McGowan. Lawrence is Meryl Streep compared to that mattress-back.

by Anonymousreply 11December 30, 2019 11:33 PM

She won an Oscar. She didn't deserve it, but she won one. She doesn't need to try very hard anymore. She's coasting. I'm glad she's not actively focusing on her career. I hope she continues to do so. She's really awful, a real Hollywood cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12December 30, 2019 11:35 PM

"She's really awful, a real Hollywood cunt."

And you would know this how, R12?

by Anonymousreply 13December 30, 2019 11:37 PM

Her moment seems to have passed; hopefully, the marriage is the real deal & she settle down & focus on other things. While constantly public scrutiny is no doubt difficult, she seemed so bitter & sarcastic in interviews and just over all of it.

Actually, the Age of Dump, being America's Sweetheart with cum all of your face seems perfectly appropriate - so long as some Russian oligarch put it there.

by Anonymousreply 14December 30, 2019 11:43 PM

She has been nominated 4 times for an Oscar and won one, has fucked with Nicholas Hoult and Chris Martin, been a brand ambassador for Dior perfume , and now has just gotten married. Why does she need to try hard like you old fat DLers? Tell me!

by Anonymousreply 15December 30, 2019 11:44 PM

Nice try OP - Harvey..

by Anonymousreply 16December 30, 2019 11:46 PM

LOL--right on, R15. Fat old DL cunts like R16 have nothing on her.

by Anonymousreply 17December 30, 2019 11:48 PM

What do you mean what happened OP? Did you see Mother! ?

by Anonymousreply 18December 30, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote] Now who will hore these mildly talented hoebags?

Excuse me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 30, 2019 11:49 PM

"And you would know this how?"

Boy, are YOU stupid. She's acted like a bitch, a bitch who thinks a lot of herself, for years. Whining about how she was "sexually assaulted" when her nudie pictures came to light. Giving photographers the finger. Calling Lala Kent a "cunt (talk about the pot calling the kettle black!)." Being rude as fuck to a reporter at the Golden Globes ("We’re at the Golden Globes. If you put your phone down, you’d know that.”). She's known to be rude and mean to those who try to get near her for an autograph or selfie. She claims her attitude is for her own "protection." And aside from all that she goes on talk shows and talks about puking and shitting in her pants and how she likes guys who fart. What a charming individual. Also a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 20December 31, 2019 12:00 AM

Boy, R20--you're really triggered by her. How long have you had this obsession with her, hunty?

by Anonymousreply 21December 31, 2019 12:02 AM

I have no obsession with her, R21. Just telling the truth, hun. If that bothers you...well, you'll get over it.

by Anonymousreply 22December 31, 2019 12:05 AM

It doesn't bother me, R22. Not nearly as much as she bothers you. Cun.

by Anonymousreply 23December 31, 2019 12:07 AM

I love La Lawrence. She is so down-to-earth. I miss her.

by Anonymousreply 24December 31, 2019 12:10 AM

I guess, R24, except she worked the "I'm just a normal girl!" angle so hard that it became saccharin sweet and unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 25December 31, 2019 12:15 AM

Too many bombs.

by Anonymousreply 26December 31, 2019 12:15 AM

She was amazing in Red Sparrow. Perfect casting, she looks 100% russian.

by Anonymousreply 27December 31, 2019 12:16 AM

R6 Her first movie was a no-budget teen film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 31, 2019 12:24 AM

JLaw had problems. Too much partying, pot, drinking, cocaine...the "recreational" drugs people who like to party use. And she was on the Hollywood treadmill. So she stepped back. She was going to flame out. She's been into "self-care" and deliberately pacing herself between jobs. It was something she needed to do.

by Anonymousreply 29December 31, 2019 12:24 AM

Straight guys love her. They say she has a great body.

by Anonymousreply 30December 31, 2019 12:27 AM

Bullshit, R26.

by Anonymousreply 31December 31, 2019 12:34 AM

Fuck you r19

by Anonymousreply 32December 31, 2019 12:40 AM

I think she'll be good as Elizabeth Holmes in "Bad Blood."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 31, 2019 12:56 AM

Looking forward to that as well, R33.

by Anonymousreply 34December 31, 2019 12:58 AM

Is she a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 35December 31, 2019 4:14 AM

She needs to widen her eyes in r33 if she wants to be crazy-eyed Elizabeth Holmes.

I don't hate her, although she really annoys me and I kind of trash her here. I do actually think she has some raw talent. I just hope she comes back from her sabbatical a little more mature and less obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 36December 31, 2019 4:40 AM

R32 is Chris Martin triggered.

by Anonymousreply 37December 31, 2019 4:50 AM

She was really good in her pre-Hunger Games films: Winter's Bone, The Burning Plain, and that one directed by Lori Petty.

by Anonymousreply 38December 31, 2019 4:52 AM

R10 And a cum dump in general.

by Anonymousreply 39December 31, 2019 4:56 AM

Yes, R36, she does need to open up her eyes wider to perfect the psychopathic look.

by Anonymousreply 40December 31, 2019 4:58 AM

You're describing yourself, R39.

by Anonymousreply 41December 31, 2019 4:58 AM

R28 I think i'm the only person to have seen Garden Party lol.

by Anonymousreply 42December 31, 2019 5:25 AM

I don’t think her Elizabeth Holmes or her Anna Delvey movie will happen. Just like her Spielberg movie didn’t happen.

The movie I wanted to see was The Ends Of The Earth written by Chris Terrio but Harvey Weinstein set it up so it’s probably not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 43December 31, 2019 5:32 AM

[quote]I think she'll be good as Elizabeth Holmes in "Bad Blood."

That psychopath doesn't deseve the world's biggest female star playing her. It keeps feeding her delusions of grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 44December 31, 2019 5:39 AM

She's an indiscreet whore, she's always fucked for roles. She's also a messy drunk.

by Anonymousreply 45December 31, 2019 5:55 AM

Cut your bullshit, R45. You're making all that up, you lying, silly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 46December 31, 2019 6:07 AM

^sleep it off Jennifer

by Anonymousreply 47December 31, 2019 6:11 AM

She was at her best as the hardscrabble, down-and-out Ozarks girl in Winter's Bone. Nothing else has been quite as compelling.

by Anonymousreply 48December 31, 2019 6:14 AM

Take the old man dick out of your mouth when you type (fat), R47.

by Anonymousreply 49December 31, 2019 6:19 AM

R41 Hi Jen. Still dripping wet with cum?

by Anonymousreply 50December 31, 2019 7:21 AM

Where's JLO career?

In the toilet with the cum

by Anonymousreply 51December 31, 2019 9:37 AM

R51 you didn't see Hustlers??

by Anonymousreply 52December 31, 2019 10:55 AM

Alicia VIKANDER is married to Michael Fassbender and they seem to be very happy and very private. Jennifer Lawrence has been nominated three times for an Oscar for Best Actress and once as Best Supporting Actress. She's won an Oscar and a BAFTA. My favorite JLaw movies are American Hustle, Joy,and Winters Bone. Red Sparrow was pretty damned good too. She landed two successful franchise roles, Hunger Games & X Men and was able to successfully balance those against other acting jobs. Her movies have earned billions. The only other actress I can think of who's enjoyed that level of success is Scarlett Johansson. She's no different from other young actresses that have enjoyed success at a young age. Natalie Portman, Emma Stone, Anne Hathaway all have stepped back from making movies to concentrate on their personal lives. I think her career is just fine. She has just slowed it down, and that's fine. She is no Gwyneth Paltrow. Gwynnie flamed out so bad she can't get arrested for running naked down 5th avenue. Gwyneth is a joke. Jennifer Lawrence is not.

by Anonymousreply 53December 31, 2019 11:57 AM

[quote]She's no different from other young actresses that have enjoyed success at a young age.

Thanks to her zaddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 31, 2019 12:17 PM

At least she doesn’t have to wake up every morning with Harvey sitting on her face, anymore!

by Anonymousreply 55December 31, 2019 12:43 PM

She wasn't the lady in the photo who had cum all over her face, the Fappening photos were padded with lookalikes where you couldn't see the whole person. Her PR people made a huge mistake by being vague when they said the photos were her, and she tried to clarify later that some were hers but not all, but the damage was already done.

Personally I think what hurt her career was her insistence that the photos were between her and Nick, when she's obviously crying and looking like she's being forced. Either that was an off-putting kink or those photos had nothing to do with her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 56December 31, 2019 12:48 PM

Between the loss of Harvey and initial overkill of coverage, it may be a challenge for her for a while.

Now, more importantly what about that little alleged pocket gay she was besties with?

by Anonymousreply 57December 31, 2019 12:48 PM

R50, still barebacking with meth addicts?

by Anonymousreply 58December 31, 2019 1:18 PM

She laid low due to her willing, past association with Harvey. She definitely was one of Harvey’s girls who traded sex for fast track to roles and promotional machine behind her. Had she spoken up then it’d make her open to criticism because her relationship with Harvey was a badly kept secret. So she chose to stay under the radar during the height of the backlash.

Word on the sets is that JL is sort of a brat whose high opinion of herself is only surpassed by her disdain for those she deems uncool. She’s an uneducated person who had been given too much too soon, coupled with a sense of bratty superiority. I believe my friend who told me these things, she’s been working as a makeup artist in the industry since the late 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 59December 31, 2019 4:54 PM

"She definitely was one of Harvey’s girls who traded sex for fast track to roles" Proof, R59? Like, actual proof?

"Word on the sets..." Oh really, Hedda?

by Anonymousreply 60December 31, 2019 5:03 PM

It's weird how none of the press went after her with questions during the height of the Harvey frenzy. She didn't offer any statements either. Oprah and Meryl took more heat than Lawrence did.

Jennifer stopped school at 14 years old, so she's not educated but seems to be a bright person in general. So it's not surprising that her criteria for people is whether they are cool or not, it's a metric she feels comfortable with because she things of herself as cool.

by Anonymousreply 61December 31, 2019 5:03 PM

She's done just fine for herself.

by Anonymousreply 62December 31, 2019 5:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 31, 2019 5:06 PM

R53 it seems like the PR shills are working overtime in this thread, although I wouldn't put it past JLaw to have Google Alerts on either.

Dear, I don't know what rock you've been living under, but JLaw was heavily associated with Weinstein up until the very last moment, before that bombshell. Lindsay Lohan the crackhead said that she fucked for roles, and you know that crackheads speak the truth because no one listens to them, and no one tries to hide anything from them, either. JLaw IS a joke, she's been a joke for awhile now. Bomb after bomb, rude to fans, and then the Fappening: she is literally on a COUCH with a SCRIPT for fuck's sake. She's gone, and I hope it stays that way, and the only people who want her back are her rabid stans like you. Untalented cunt who doesn't deserve what she has. She might as well start using her Oscars as dildos because that's the value they have in her life. Yucky.

by Anonymousreply 64December 31, 2019 5:11 PM

I don't know about "proof", but I'd say R59 nails it. She barely said a word during the scandal & you know she interacted with him, so given how outspoken she is on a regular basis, she didn't offer even generic opinions like "I can't speak to anyone's experience, but he was always cordial to me" (or some such thing). Instead - crickets. She could come clean & be honest, but that would invalidate her story of how self-made she is and worthy of her success. My guess is that now that she's married, her new story is that she's just too busy to care about this showbiz/actress stuff... (probably ditto for Viklander)

While there is certainly no factual evidence, given the way she conducts herself in long form interviews, I could see how she's perceived as a bratty on set & a bit of mean girl to anyone she perceives as below her. So that might also factor in - people who worked with her were glad to see her stumble

by Anonymousreply 65December 31, 2019 5:12 PM

So, R65, you're just regurgitating conjecture.

Oh, dear. Poor R64 is deeply triggered. Maybe you should take time off? Bellevue has a lovely rubber room with your name on it.

by Anonymousreply 66December 31, 2019 5:14 PM

The thing is that hundreds of actresses were targeted and had their nude pics published but has her career was hot then she got all the sympathy.

I also love how everyone insists, INSISTS! that the cum shot certainly was not of her.

by Anonymousreply 67December 31, 2019 5:14 PM

As if, R67, you've never had cum dripping off your face before. LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 68December 31, 2019 5:16 PM

r65 She could never admit anything or come clean because doing so tells her family, who she is still close to, that their sister/daughter whored herself to that disgusting fat fuck to get her career.

If she had no family that mattered, then she might have spilled it all for the media.

by Anonymousreply 69December 31, 2019 5:19 PM

Erm, did I say so hadn’t r68??

by Anonymousreply 70December 31, 2019 5:19 PM

Who are these weird poster(s) who keep defending JLaw? Shocked that she has any gay fans at all. She's frauest frau who ever fraued. Give her 20 more years, and the frau deep within her will be in full force. When has she ever spoken up or defended gay people? She's super straight. That makes me think that the posters defending her are PR. If you're not getting paid to defend this future frau on a gay site, I truly, truly feel sorry for you..

by Anonymousreply 71December 31, 2019 5:20 PM

Why is JWhore oh so subtly defending herself on DL tonight? Shouldn’t she be accepting loads from her “hot”, “rich” new husband on a table top at Adele’s NYE party??

by Anonymousreply 72December 31, 2019 5:22 PM

Jealous jealous jealous!!!! LMFAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 73December 31, 2019 5:25 PM

I'm a bit confused about the fappening photos of J Law. I remember seeing some pictures of a girl looking like her with cum on her face and some nude shots. I never saw any pics of her looking like she was crying or being forced (r56) or pics of her on a couch reading a script (r64).

by Anonymousreply 74December 31, 2019 5:25 PM

DL, I believe Jenny is among us. Everyone say hii Jen!! You're an obnoxious cunt and a mediocre talent!! Please don't come back!! Happy New Year hunty!!

by Anonymousreply 75December 31, 2019 5:29 PM

Sure thing, R75! I'll let you just get back to your mother's basement. And don't worry about being unfuckable, I'm sure Mommy loves you!

by Anonymousreply 76December 31, 2019 5:33 PM

R76 Just don't stop drinking the bubbly, Jen Jen.

by Anonymousreply 77December 31, 2019 5:39 PM

We’re so jealous she had to present pussy for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 31, 2019 5:41 PM

Honey R77, at least I can afford the best (of everything)! Try not to be jealous as a New Year's resolution!

R78--don't worry about me! I won't have to depend on Social Security when I'm your age!

by Anonymousreply 79December 31, 2019 5:42 PM

Hi, all! Just me and my Oscar! Just in case you forgot I'm me and you're not!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 31, 2019 5:45 PM

[quote]R48 She was at her best as the hardscrabble, down-and-out Ozarks girl in Winter's Bone. Nothing else has been quite as compelling.

True. But you might also say that’s the most interesting role she’s been given.

Performers usually seem boring in boring roles.

by Anonymousreply 81December 31, 2019 5:46 PM

"She was at her best as the hardscrabble, down-and-out Ozarks girl in Winter's Bone.'

I didn't find her very convincing in that. She looked way too healthy and well fed to be playing a character like that. And there was her long, lush mane of blonde hair; I doubt a girl in that situation would have such glorious hair tumbling about her face. The person whose acting stood out in that movie was John Hawkes as Teardrop. I was truly impressed by him.

by Anonymousreply 82January 1, 2020 2:05 AM

[Quote] She looked way too healthy and well fed to be playing a character like that. And there was her long, lush mane of blonde hair; I doubt a girl in that situation would have such glorious hair tumbling about her face.

Lol you could say that about plenty of movies/tv shows. That's Hollywood for ya.

[Quote] Who are these weird poster(s) who keep defending JLaw?

Why does that bother you? Maybe some are just sick of the same old shit that gets said about her. Like the cum photos (which aren't hers). Not even Goop or Michelle Williams get this kind of hostility when it comes to Heavy.

by Anonymousreply 83January 1, 2020 4:10 AM

R58 I would but Jen keeps beating me to it.

by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2020 6:22 AM

[quote]she didn't offer even generic opinions like "I can't speak to anyone's experience, but he was always cordial to me" (or some such thing)

She did eventually but it wasn't until about four months ago, where she said she "heard he was a dog" but he was always nice to her. It was pathetic for her to wait so long to say something so useless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2020 11:40 AM

[quote]I also love how everyone insists, INSISTS! that the cum shot certainly was not of her.

Ridiculous. Almost no one insists that. Everyone wants to think that was her.

It wasn't, though. You can find the pictures easily on Google and look for yourself, they don't even look like her. The nose is completely wrong, and despite claims to the contrary, the blanket in photos which DO have JL in them doesn't match the blanket in the cumshot pics.

But saying those pics aren't her isn't defending her.

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2020 11:52 AM

Only pathetic people attack her. She's hardly a worthy target of ire considering Dump and everyone else out there, but the losers on this thread who always pile on have so little going on in their lives that she's a major focus for them. It's laughable.

by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2020 2:51 PM

I don't know for certain who it is in those cum shots, but those nude photos of her are hilarious. She's trying so hard to be sexy in them. And is she so stupid as to think that her naked photos would be "private" and that no one would see them but her and her boyfriend (they were supposedly for his eyes only)? She's a famous person; did she not think that maybe someone would get a hold of those photos and make them public? That's always a possibility when you take naked pictures on an electronic device. And she said that the photos becoming public was like a "sexual assault." Yeah, having your naked pictures exposed is just like having a dick rammed down your throat or vagina against your will. What idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 88January 1, 2020 6:05 PM

A lot of women were like "oh well, this isn't great that I was robbed and my nudes are available, but what can you do?". It's not like Jennifer suffered through what Annabella Sciorra did from Harvey, or even Salma Hayek on Frida, who was forced to add lesbian sex scenes and more nudity.

JLaw felt humiliated that her very goofy nudes and cumshots are available, but "sex crime"?

by Anonymousreply 89January 1, 2020 8:03 PM

[quote]Only pathetic people attack her. She's hardly a worthy target of ire considering Dump and everyone else out there, but the losers on this thread who always pile on have so little going on in their lives that she's a major focus for them. It's laughable.

Agreed. It's pretty sick that real stuff has happened, like Barneys closing, Glen Close losing another Oscar and the Jews were enslaved in Egypt and losers here snark on JLaw, who has done nothing but be an awesome, relatable, everyday girl who just happens to be an Oscar winner, star of 2 franchises, Dior model, friend of Adele and married before 30 who loves pizza, burgers, farting and anal sex!

Oh, and only the greatest actor since Meryl Streep and probably better.

She's the ultimate Cool Girl, and y'all are just fat gay haters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 1, 2020 8:12 PM

R90 I just threw up in my mouth, a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 91January 1, 2020 9:35 PM

"Oh, and only the greatest actor since Meryl Streep and probably better.

She's the ultimate Cool Girl, and y'all are just fat gay haters."

You're either an insipid troll or retarded. Or both. I think both. "Greatest actor since Meryl Streep"....yep, you're a retarded troll, alright.

by Anonymousreply 92January 1, 2020 10:56 PM

What about Joey Lawrence?

by Anonymousreply 93January 1, 2020 11:19 PM

r82 If you really want to cringe watch the movie Cold Mountain starring Renee Zellweger and Nicole Kidman. They are the freshest faced mountain woman (in a period movie no less) that you've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 94January 2, 2020 2:33 AM

Harvey Weinstein. When he went down, so did Jennifer's career, and eventually Alicia V. Harvey had his way with them and Hollywood knows what they had to do with Harvey to get their Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 95January 2, 2020 4:53 AM

"Hollywood knows"

MARY R95!!!

by Anonymousreply 96January 2, 2020 5:00 AM

Jenifer Lawrence didn’t stop school at 14. Her parents wanted her to graduate high school before any serious acting. She completed school online at 16, two years early with a GPA of 3.9.

by Anonymousreply 97January 2, 2020 5:51 AM

Jennifer Lawrence didn’t stop school at 14. Her parents wanted her to graduate high school before any serious acting. She graduated 2 years early with a GPA of 3.9.

by Anonymousreply 98January 2, 2020 5:54 AM

[quote]r93 What about Joey Lawrence?

What about Joey Heatherton?

Jennifer Lawrence IS [italic]Joey: The Joey Heatherton Story.[/italic] Only on Lifetime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 2, 2020 6:21 AM

The J Law apologist at r97 she didn't get her GED she never finished her schooling. Never received any diploma or certificate of any kind. Jennifer only schooled up until middle school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 2, 2020 1:50 PM

And this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 2, 2020 1:52 PM

"The J Law apologist at [R97] she didn't get her GED she never finished her schooling."

And R100, did you learn punctuation in middle school?

by Anonymousreply 102January 2, 2020 1:54 PM

Or basic grammar, for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 103January 2, 2020 1:55 PM

Joey Lawrence should sue the pants 👖off(🤣) Jennifer for hogging the JLaw Brand. After a big messy insane lawsuit, that Ms Lawrence will be forced to settle, Joey will be swimming in publicity and victimhood!

by Anonymousreply 104January 2, 2020 1:57 PM

“Have you been to college?”

“I didn’t go to high school. I am vastly uneducated.”

“Would you like to go back to school?”

“Absolutely not.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 2, 2020 2:00 PM

"The J Law apologist at [[R97]] she didn't get her GED she never finished her schooling."

R100, if you're going to criticize someone else's education, at least prove that you yourself can write an actual sentence in correct English, you silly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106January 2, 2020 2:01 PM

Thiss, isn't" : aboot me--- r103./;

by Anonymousreply 107January 2, 2020 2:02 PM

sukk, mie dek) 107

by Anonymousreply 108January 2, 2020 2:03 PM

I’m actually astonished at the JLaw apologists.

It’s almost bizarre because you can tell they’re not fans. Has her PR company sicced interns onto any internet negativity?

by Anonymousreply 109January 2, 2020 2:21 PM

I don’t know how much of her Harvey experience is fact vs fiction (wouldn’t surprise me at all) but the girl worked nonstop for about 6 years. She has money to burn so who wouldn’t want a break?

by Anonymousreply 110January 2, 2020 2:22 PM

HER FUCK BUDDY WEINSTEIN IS GONE.

by Anonymousreply 111January 2, 2020 2:23 PM

well...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 2, 2020 2:23 PM

So, R112, you go for the word of a rapist and sex predator? And women who sleep with men like him for the chance at having a career are equally culpable to him? What a bunch of assholes you all are. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 113January 2, 2020 2:29 PM

She’s probably the richest person with a 6th grade education. If I knew fucking a gross pig like Harvey would get me there...k

by Anonymousreply 114January 2, 2020 2:34 PM

"Only pathetic people attack her. She's hardly a worthy target of ire considering Dump and everyone else out there, but the losers on this thread who always pile on have so little going on in their lives that she's a major focus for them. It's laughable."

Only pathetic people (like you) defend her. And indeed she is worth of ire; she's a nasty little cooze, a cunty celebrity. You must be in love with her. You're laughable.

by Anonymousreply 115January 2, 2020 2:40 PM

Oh, R115, don't let the jealousy and misogyny you have for a total stranger who's achieved so much more than you eat you up too much. Get a life, go to the gym, and be happy for the little you have. Kisses!

by Anonymousreply 116January 2, 2020 2:43 PM

For all her awards, she’s given few indelible performances and even fewer great films.

by Anonymousreply 117January 2, 2020 8:19 PM

She took too many loads, too fast.

by Anonymousreply 118January 2, 2020 8:23 PM

Oh, 116, your love for a total stranger who doesn't care whether you live or die is truly a sad state of affairs. Try to not let it totally consume you. Get a life, go to the gym, and try to make some friends. Maybe someday you will even find someone willing to have sex with you. Ta ta, sweetie pie!

by Anonymousreply 119January 2, 2020 8:35 PM

"you go for the word of a rapist and sex predator? "

I think it's pretty plausible that Weinstein would be telling the truth about his sexual conquests. Types like him love to brag about things like that. No doubt he's dumped some loads in Jennifer Lawrence. Maybe that's his cum on her face.

by Anonymousreply 120January 2, 2020 8:39 PM

R119, I'm not the one mocking a woman over alleged cum shot pictures of her. For that alone, I have more of a life than you. Ta-ta, toots!

by Anonymousreply 121January 2, 2020 8:39 PM

She's a poor mans Tara Reid at best. That Oscar win was a joke. 4 nominations, three of which were for roles in which she was completely miscast. The comparisons to Streep were ridiculous so early on and over such average material. That the bulk of her success is with one director sums it up Even her moniker is a rip off of a far more famous and intriguing star.

Say what you want about Lindsay Lohan, but there was a time where she took her career seriously and worked with the very best. Altman, Fonda, Streep, Natasha Richardson. She would have won an Oscar if she had stayed on the straight and narrow path, and probably have had a fantastic, distinguished career. But give the girl credit, she never had to fuck for roles and despite her troubles has managed to maintain her class and dignity.

by Anonymousreply 122January 2, 2020 9:07 PM

"She would have won an Oscar if she had stayed on the straight and narrow path"

Lindsay Lohan, R122? Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 123January 2, 2020 9:24 PM

R123, Lindsay showed that she was growing into an actress with her roles in Prairie Home Companion and Bobby. Had she not chosen partying and drugs, she could have stayed attractive and gotten more roles.

by Anonymousreply 124January 2, 2020 10:39 PM

It doesn't mean she ever would have won an Oscar, R124. Come back to earth.

by Anonymousreply 125January 2, 2020 10:53 PM

R125, she very well could have if she had stayed clean, who really knows. And come back to earth? The same earth where Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Lawrence won Oscars for their roles? Alrighty then.

by Anonymousreply 126January 2, 2020 10:57 PM

We'll always have this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 2, 2020 11:01 PM

Both of them not only won Oscars but other major awards in their winning years. Both are better actors than Lohan. So I'm very much on earth, alongside everyone who gave them all those awards.

by Anonymousreply 128January 2, 2020 11:01 PM

If Lindsay had of stayed clean she could have ended up with some version of Emma Stone's career. With the right director she could have gone pretty far.

As for Jennifer Lawrence listen to her interview on WTF with Marc Maron. He managed to get her to actually talk about the business side of acting. She's was much more aware of the fragility of her position in the industry than she lets on. She knew what would happen if Red Sparrow bombed.

by Anonymousreply 129January 2, 2020 11:04 PM

The fragility of any female actor on her level is precarious compared to equivalent male stars. But don't worry, R129--she's doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 130January 2, 2020 11:12 PM

^^ Harvey Weinstein aka #24242513

by Anonymousreply 131January 2, 2020 11:22 PM

I don’t care about Harvey, fucking for roles, or her career... but goddamn it, that Hillbilly moon face with no cheekbones was the absolute worst choice to play a Russian prima ballerina, cut that shit out.

by Anonymousreply 132January 3, 2020 1:34 AM

[quote]r115 Indeed she is worth of ire; she's a nasty little cooze, a cunty celebrity.

Is she? She's only been really good in one or two films, but she's never given an outright baaaad performance, either.

I feel kind of neutral about her. There are certainly more exciting things to get worked up over than an overrated movie star.

by Anonymousreply 133January 3, 2020 2:50 AM

^ 🎯 Bullseye. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 134January 3, 2020 3:28 AM

R122 is Dina Lohan. DIGNITY? Oscars?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 3, 2020 4:02 AM

r135, I’m not that poster, but I have heard repeatedly other very talented showbiz writers/actors call Lohan one of the most talented young adults ever. I’ve no idea if that’s accurate or not, but that is a perception amongst many. She apparently had not only an uncanny ability to learn her lines immediately, but could give a totally different spin on a scene take after take if requested, with no preparation.

by Anonymousreply 136January 3, 2020 4:46 AM

Wow, those Hollywood actresses that helped take down Harvey really stepped in it, huh? They were more than happy to shove themselves into the #MeToo limelight and milk it for all it was worth not knowing that when Harvey fell pretty much all of the movies he'd set up for the actresses who'd sucked his cock would be doomed indefinetly and stalled or scraped. Eh, payback's a bitch, which is exactly why that glorified whore Paz De La Huerta no longer has a career.

by Anonymousreply 137January 3, 2020 5:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!