Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazon Prime Streaming had COMMERCIALS!!!

I pay for Amazon Prime. We went to watch "The Shining" the other night and there were like SEVEN COMMERCIAL BREAKS!!!! I've never seen this before! Is this the fucked up future of streaming???. I mean, WHAT AM I PAYING FOR, THEN????

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2019 1:38 AM

I hope this is some kind of misunderstanding.

by Anonymousreply 1December 27, 2019 9:51 PM

Omfg, I completely agree. My husband and I went to watch a movie on Amazon Prime and we were shocked. All the movies we wanted to watch now has commercials. We said the same thing, “What are we paying for.” Selfish pigs.

by Anonymousreply 2December 27, 2019 9:52 PM

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 3December 27, 2019 9:53 PM

R2 if they are charging to watch...

by Anonymousreply 4December 27, 2019 9:53 PM

Wtf!

by Anonymousreply 5December 27, 2019 10:03 PM

I’ve noticed that it says “free with ads” for some movies on Amazon Prime. I never click on those.

by Anonymousreply 6December 27, 2019 10:13 PM

Damm, I hadn't noticed yet. This is bullshit.

Do you need more money Bezos?!??!

by Anonymousreply 7December 27, 2019 10:29 PM

R7 exactly my thought. The selfish cunt, I really hope someone kicks Jeff in the dick bone.

by Anonymousreply 8December 27, 2019 10:50 PM

I read an article this week that said Nextflix will be coming out with a cheaper subscription that includes ads.

by Anonymousreply 9December 27, 2019 10:51 PM

Wait until Liz Warren decides to start taxing them. You think they won’t pass those costs right on to the consumer??

by Anonymousreply 10December 27, 2019 10:54 PM

OK, I assume this is a misunderstanding, but a complicated one. I assume OP watched The Shining with a Firestick. The Shining is not available for free on Amazon Prime, but is accessible to watch, with commercials on IMDB TV via the Amazon Firestick.

r9

by Anonymousreply 11December 27, 2019 10:55 PM

This is why I torrent anything I want to watch. Fuck them all!

by Anonymousreply 12December 27, 2019 10:56 PM

OP is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 13December 27, 2019 10:56 PM

Did you tell Alexa to go fuck herself?

by Anonymousreply 14December 27, 2019 10:58 PM

You’re really dumb, OP. As well as a cheapskate.

by Anonymousreply 15December 27, 2019 11:00 PM

r11 It was a Roku Ultra.

r13 and r15 You're going to lose your membership here if you don't get more witty with your insults. Just sayin'. This is Datalounge, in case you didn't notice.

by Anonymousreply 16December 27, 2019 11:17 PM

This is bullshit. How much money does Bezos need? This hasn't happened to me yet but I'm sure it will...

by Anonymousreply 17December 27, 2019 11:26 PM

Oh, the humanity!

Does the mute button not work?

by Anonymousreply 18December 28, 2019 12:16 AM

Greed is the name of the game in the cable and streaming video services. I purposely try to choose commercial free TV to avoid triggering an ADHD psychotic rage resulting from 5 minutes of Geiko and mesothelioma advertisements every 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 19December 28, 2019 12:54 AM

I'm sure it's coming. Next decade is gonna change EVERYTHING again. They already edit curse words, nudity, and partial nudity. Even Robby Benson in his underwear in ICE CASTLES. We still have it because my boyfriend but I never watch it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 20December 28, 2019 12:58 AM

There was full frontal peen on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2019 1:11 AM

There is nothing edited on Girls. Full frontal nudity and "fuck" in almost every sentence. Nothing seems edited in Big Little Lies either or Enlighten or whatever the name of that Laura Dern series is. I even watched the very old Rosemary's Baby and they showed that one second of Mia's tits that is edited out of regular TV. I'm sure there are other examples of things I watched that I can't think of. Oh yeah! SATC was unedited. There wasn't that much nudity in it to make it different from the one on network TV but again, "fuck" in almost every sentence.

by Anonymousreply 22December 28, 2019 1:29 AM

Amazon Prime sucks. It shows items that aren't free and there isn't an opt-out for those. I haven't noticed censorship there, but have on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2019 1:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!