Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Quit fantasizing about a Buttigieg Presidency

To all you Pete-Puffers out there, I am typing really slow so that you can keep up: Pete Buttigieg will never be president. He will never be the nominee. The Dem upper party members have been testing the waters with him and he is merely doing ok but does not have the polling or star power for them to invest their resources in. It's a done deal. He would never beat Trump mano a mano in a presidential race. Mainstream America is not ready for a gay president and his first man. He is a nice little distraction to give the illusion that the DNC is has a large tent and is progressive and inclusive but that is all. Do not delude yourselves into thinking that anyone is afraid of a Pete nominee or presidency, they most certainly are not. Get behind Biden or Bernie who has a slim chance of winning. So drop your Peter and come into the thread to discuss this further --->

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2020 7:01 AM

Who gives a shit what bigoted heterosexuals are "ready" for?

by Anonymousreply 1December 25, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote]He would never beat Trump mano a mano in a presidential race.

Then prove it and nominate him.

by Anonymousreply 2December 25, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]To all you Pete-Puffers out there,

Looks like the piece of shit homophobic Russian troll is back.

by Anonymousreply 3December 25, 2019 10:53 PM

And yet if the OP actually believed any of that, they wouldn't bother posting because, well, why bother? If Buttigieg isn't going to make it, that will become pretty clear pretty quickly in 2020, so what difference does it make if people want to get behind the candidate of their choice now?

by Anonymousreply 4December 25, 2019 10:54 PM

R3 I am a gay man and a realist!! You're completely delusional to think that Pete has a chance to win. Maybe in 8 years or so but certainly not now.

by Anonymousreply 5December 25, 2019 10:57 PM

R4 The Pete distraction fragments the party. Duh!

by Anonymousreply 6December 25, 2019 10:58 PM

No. It’s the shit like Pete or Bust that has me concerned. It’s stupid fuckers like that who gave us Trump. Pettiness and spitefulness caused a lot of people to not vote or vote third party in 2016. If it happens again, I’m going to kick all of your fucking asses.

by Anonymousreply 7December 25, 2019 10:59 PM

Remember 2008?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 25, 2019 11:04 PM

So you're going to have everyone go to your candidate of choice before a single primary or caucus vote is cast, R6? It looks like you have completely missed the point of having a primary season. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 9December 25, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote]Pettiness and spitefulness caused a lot of people to not vote or vote third party in 2016.

And you think threads like this will help?

I want some of what you're smoking.

by Anonymousreply 10December 25, 2019 11:06 PM

[quote]fantasizing about a Butt

Huh-huh-huh-huh, hey Beavis…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 25, 2019 11:08 PM

he may have a chance to be the VP nominee, but he's unlikely to get the Pres. nomination.

by Anonymousreply 12December 25, 2019 11:19 PM

[quote]he's unlikely to get the Pres. nomination.

People said the same thing about Trump and look how wrong they were about that.

by Anonymousreply 13December 25, 2019 11:22 PM

[10] so, my chastising you for being a fucking moron will give you an out for not voting for the eventual Democratic nominee? Great...you’re even fucking dumber and pettier than I gave you credit for.

by Anonymousreply 14December 25, 2019 11:31 PM

Expect this to be sung a lot on January 21, 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 25, 2019 11:32 PM

So in addition to being genuinely stupid, you can't read, R14? Do feel free to try again once you have figured out what I actually said in R10, and not some stupid shit that you completely made up.

by Anonymousreply 16December 25, 2019 11:37 PM

I read you correctly hon. Vote for whomever you want in the primary. Vote for the Dem nominee or basically destroy the country. Stupid fucking Pete bot, most likely YourMillennialFriend

by Anonymousreply 17December 25, 2019 11:52 PM

Since I manifestly didn't say what you claim I did, hon, you clearly did not "read me correctly." But hey, you just keep right on with the Pete hating if it makes you feel all warm and gooshy instead.

by Anonymousreply 18December 25, 2019 11:58 PM

Ok YourMillennialFriend

by Anonymousreply 19December 26, 2019 12:34 AM

You really do like just making up shit, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 20December 26, 2019 11:36 AM

I was Team Pete ever since he penned an op-ed in Harvard's Crimson defending Janet Jackson from the Nipplegate hysteria. Though I was admittedly put off by his characterization of Janet's "curious article of jewellery"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 26, 2019 7:05 PM

BUMP!!!

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 12:43 AM

I'm sick of people insisting that candidates who are doing well enough to be in the top 4-5 at this stage, before a single vote has been cast, should drop out immediately. You're right that they shouldn't stay in the race long past Super Tuesday if the numbers still aren't on their side, but there is a long primary ahead of us -- plenty of time for us to eventually rally behind a single nominee. And, yes, that nominee is likely to be Biden or Bernie.

Look, Warren and Bernie are my top choices. I'm a big ol lefty. but the idea that Pete would be as bad as a Republican is just ridiculous. Yes, I wish, as the young fresh face in the race he were as progressive as Bernie and Warren, but if he were elected, he'd probably still be the most progressive President in our history. Maybe that's a low bar, but it's still progress.

And, lastly, maybe it's because I'm in the oldest millennial group -- born in the early 80s (analogue childhood, digital adulthood) -- I have to stick up for eldergays who keep getting told they're relics and they need to drop Pete and vote for the most progressive candidates in the race. While identity is not the primary motivator behind my voting habits, I have enormous compassion for eldergays who probably never thought there was even a remote possibility that an openly gay man could have a shot at the Presidency. Is Pete too centrist and corporatist for my taste? Sure, but he's also undoubtedly got talent, smarts and compassion. And I refuse to be dismissive about how meaningful his candidacy is to eldergays who survived the culture wars and Reaganism and the AIDS crisis.

Was Obama too moderate and measured for me at times? Sure, but I have no right to be dismissive of how meaningful his presidency was to African Americans. It's the same thing.

So, no, Pete probably isn't going to be the nominee, but he's doing well enough to stay in the race and his supporters have every right to continue supporting him at this stage. Whoever the nominee is, I have faith we will all rally around him or her when the time has come. Until then, fight for who you believe in!

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 1:10 AM

There’s never a shortage of people telling others what can’t be done and what will never happen. Those are the people leaders and heroes don’t listen to.

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2020 1:28 AM

R23 and R24, bravo! Whoever that troll is who insists that Pete needs to drop out obviously feels triggered and threatened by something. It's the same old song and dance with him -- how tiresome and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2020 7:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!