Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aaron Tveit

He's currently performing as Christian in Moulin Rouge and has a lot of Tony buzz circulating. Despite his long and successful theatre career he hasn't really succeeded as far as the screen goes beyond Graceland and the film version of Les Mis. Anybody got any interesting gossip or stories to share? I can only find info on one relationship, which was with a girl but ended in 2007. Apparently he hasn't had a "public" relationship since then and "prefers to keep his personal life private". Whoever has his ass, girl or guy, is a lucky son (or daughter) of a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2019 4:35 PM

Great butt. It's a shame he's never done Broadway Bares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 24, 2019 7:22 AM

He pings. Massively.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 24, 2019 7:23 AM

Beautiful. Just a beautiful man.

Every time I read Call Me by Your Name, I pictured Aaron Tveit as Oliver, even reading the so-called sequel. I'll be shocked if he gets with a woman. Shocked, I say. I've read about him taking twinks home with him after shows at night, never settling with one, just an endless series of random twinks. Just gossip, of course, but it sounds reasonable, logical.

by Anonymousreply 3December 24, 2019 7:27 AM

R3 A twunk banging twinks. Rare but fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 4December 24, 2019 7:29 AM

He's got nice nipples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 24, 2019 7:48 AM

I suspect he's straight. I watched several interview videos with him on youtube, and he didn't really ping for me at all. According to one site, he dated Stephanie Massell for a couple of years (2016-2018). There are so many out gay men on Broadway, I think the odds of one of them outing him either on purpose or accidentally would be pretty high especially because he's been performing on Broadway for nearly 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 6December 24, 2019 8:02 AM

Lin Manuel Miranda seems to be in love with him in a similar vain to Groff. Hard to believe LMM is straight and has a wife and a kid. Talk about smelling cookies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 24, 2019 3:12 PM

His brother is a catholic priest.

by Anonymousreply 8December 24, 2019 3:14 PM

Incredibly bland. He was horrible as a fiery student leader in the Les Miserables movie. Looked and acted as if his most recent protest would have been about demanding more vegan choices in the dorm cafeteria.

by Anonymousreply 9December 24, 2019 3:18 PM

He's so boring. Attractive and has a great voice, sure, but he doesn't fare well when he's sharing the stage or screen with people who have actual charisma. Like many Broadway actors of his generation, they have the singing talent, but none of the charisma to make much of an impact. Did creative teams just get together at some point 10 or 15 years ago and decide that charisma was out? I've been noticing it a lot lately. I think that's why that Hello, Dolly revival was so successful - it was nice to see some old broads who actually have charisma.

by Anonymousreply 10December 24, 2019 4:10 PM

You may think you're joking about charisma being banned, R10, but prominent directors of today dislike the theatricality that directors like Hal Prince and George Abbott looked for. Today, they want "organic" acting in which the performer disappears into the character. They really don't want a Mary Martin or Ethel Merman or Alfred Drake. That's why Kelli O'Hara is so popular with them. Younger audiences like her, too, because they don't know any better.

by Anonymousreply 11December 24, 2019 4:17 PM

Actors like Tveit and O'Hara don't disappear into their characters. They disappear into the scenery. I've seen both of them live many times and they've never made an impact on me. And they've played some potentially interesting roles, too, so it's not always the material that's to blame.

Tveit's lack of charisma and charm became apparent in the Les Mis movie. He was easily the best singer in the entire movie, but he had the least amount of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 12December 24, 2019 4:29 PM

I've never seen him in person. If I were to, I'd want him to charisma all over me.

by Anonymousreply 13December 24, 2019 6:32 PM

I believe that's spelled "chajisma", r13

by Anonymousreply 14December 25, 2019 6:44 AM

I think he's currently dating Ericka Hunter, one of the MR backup dancers. She was married, now she isn't; reportedly to be with him.

by Anonymousreply 15December 25, 2019 6:58 AM

So he's a homewrecking 'ho, R15? Is that what you're saying?

by Anonymousreply 16December 25, 2019 2:34 PM

I'm in love with R14.

by Anonymousreply 17December 25, 2019 2:35 PM

He can really sing, but I can see how he's not theater like with jazz hands, that might make a larger impression. He seems like a calculated singer like Celine Dion vs an Aretha Franklin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 25, 2019 4:25 PM

What a hunk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 25, 2019 4:28 PM

Wow, very unimpressed by his performance on Colbert. All the charisma of Cream of Wheat, mannered performance, floppy hair and bland features.

by Anonymousreply 20December 28, 2019 4:22 PM

I didn't like his hair or his performance on Colbert either. Very shouty.

by Anonymousreply 21December 28, 2019 4:24 PM

Isn't he the one that played the John Travolta role in the live action Grease? He looked like he had been held back in school about 20 times.

by Anonymousreply 22December 28, 2019 4:30 PM

The only time IO ever noticed him is when he displayed his very sexy thighs in the gym scene of "Grease-Live!"

Otherwise, he's pretty much Brand X.

by Anonymousreply 23December 28, 2019 4:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!